Aaron Rents

Aaron Rents

4.0/5 (704 ratings)

About Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

Aaron Rents Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron Rents?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I been a customer for a Bloomfield NJ store since opening 16 years ahora and I always pay more than 25,000 dollars, but few months ago I ask the Store to run one month into the end of my current contract because I been sick and in very bad economical situation and apparently they did but they did not, later on I continue to pay but now for them I owe money. They keep calling, send messages, also in the apps saying that I owe money. They coming here leaving open papers, exposing my privacy to others visit me is horrible. Telling me that they will coming for my stuff is so embarrassing.

I know I have to pay but in current and I did not deny pay. I was assuming that the store run the payment and they did not, I always pay and I feel like a criminal the way they treat me exposing me. I’m 60 year old woman. At this stage of my life I’m not steal anything from none body something that is almost paid of but at what price? Think twice before purchase something in Aaron’s

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jacqueline, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Forget that this is a predatory company that preys on the poor with interest rates to rival pay day loans. I have leased a dresser from them, and thought I'd look into a coffee table. I found one I really like for a little over a grand that looked great. I thought I'd look it up to how much I could buy it outright for. So I copy pasted the name of the table. Guess how much it was on Amazon for. $175!!!! Guess how much the monthly payments for a year and a half were. $125 That's right. Aaron's wants $1500 if you ride out the entire lease. For $50 you save yourself $1325. Gross!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kristy, It’s true you’ll pay more when you lease-to-own, but the customer makes the decision based on their own budget and the benefits we offer. It’s ok if you don’t have the best credit or need some more time to make a payment – we build a relationship and work together. We even provide ways for you to save money by paying out early. We know there are other options out there but when you come to Aaron’s, we invest in the relationship and make it easy to own brand-name products.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

On 8/11/2022 my wife purchased a desktop bundle for me through Aaron’s, the delivery date was scheduled for 8/16/2022. On the day of delivery my wife had an appointment for our baby and left all the information with me to handle the situation for delivery, they stated that the person only needed to sign and be 18+ so that’s what I did upon delivery. 2 minutes later they took it back. We tried to reschedule the delivery and provide PHYSICAL proof of Identification, and they refuse to release the product to us, they refuse to do business with us, they refuse to close our lease out. I just want my product . The manager was VERY rude. Continued to talk over me time after time again. I want my product or I will be escalating my claim until I feel like it’s been taken care of.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Antwan, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as this is not the experience we would have expected you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: July 23, 2022

The computer is very cheap construction. All the important parts are not made gaming. They sell you a gaming computer but all parts inside are not gaming system. Graphic cards not for gaming. Power supply not gaming. System RAM not for gaming and then finally you can't use it because there is no cable to connect your graphic card. The graphic card that they give you use the motherboard power to function. That is like overpower for the motherboard, so I only wish to find the way to sued them for fraud, so if there way and someone know let me know please.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Hurcinio, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: July 12, 2022

Recently bought a stove from Aaron's. The oven quit working and it took six months before they sent someone out then said they won't repair it. Now two of the burners quit working and then oven door spring that holds the door down flew out and the glass shattered. They're blaming us for all this. They won't make the repairs and still wants us to pay and won't take the item back. I will never buy anything off these people again. What a rip off and a waste of money. I had to go buy a new stove.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Verdella, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: May 17, 2022

For awhile while renting my products I’ve used the online payment portal and EZPay option to accommodate my finances. I am currently almost done paying for my items and now the staff in McComb MS are saying that portal isn’t “in real time” which is making me behind on payment. I fail to believe that because I had recently had something due 5/14 and I check the next day. It’s saying for the same item I’m 2 weeks behind on they are adjusting something they had no business doing and it’s really pissing me off. After talking to a staff member I asked her what am I due for next and how much. She said 63 dollars and it's due June 1st which is the same thing on the portal. Not only that they are charging me a late fee for something they changed. I really hope someone from corporate sees this.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Danielle, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: April 5, 2022

I have been with them for 2 years I go to make my second to last payment and Kim took two payments out of my checking account! When I went to the store she was so rude and nasty telling me my bank is wrong! The payments were run two different ways back to back and I have to have my bank deal with it! Kim would not even look at my bank info! I’ll never deal with them again.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Michele, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of your review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 20, 2022

I have been a customer of Aaron's for several years now and never had any issues until recently. I contacted them regarding a sectional I was renting and informed them that the fabric on the couch cushions were starting to unravel in random spots. A story employee verify story by say she has the same couch and she is also having the same issue. However the store manager was not in that day and I was asked to call the next day which I did. I spoke with the manager, explained my issue, he said the employee told him the same thing about hers and we made arrangements to have another couch of different color and fabric ordered and delivered to me. I was told it could take up to a week for it get delivered to the store and then delivered to my residence. He told me that they would let me know when it comes.

So a week goes by, I tried calling the manager several times only to be told he wasn't there or he was on the phone. So I spoke with someone named Jason who advised me that the couch was there, however it would be 2 more weeks before I could get it due to the store being low on inventory and they had to get a couch to replace it before I could have it. I was advised by Jason that the manager Anthony then said that I needed to make sure this was the couch I wanted because I would not be able to swap again. This was after the manager told me it would be no big deal.

Now all of the sudden it's a big deal and he is too busy to talk to me. So after becoming angry at this treatment, I told them I no longer wanted this couch or the other. Jason told me that was totally my choice however they would not be able to pick it up until March 28th! I'm seriously contemplating returning everything except my son's TV and getting the furniture elsewhere. I've already paid 50% of my son's 55 inch so I would be losing cash to return it now. I'm very disappointed in how Anthony being a regional manager handled this situation. After I'm done paying what I owe on the TV. I'll never go there again.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Scotty, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I paid off a mattress, furniture set, and PlayStation 5, and they didn’t want to do another lease agreement with me online. What a slap in the face for the customer! From now on I’ll stick to Affirm and never do business with them again. Everyone reading this use Affirm. They are on all major retailers and charge way less interest than Aaron’s. You’ll thank me when you see how much cheaper both payments and interest is. Also, to top it off I did the online application and they approved me for $565 in leasing power just to deny me!! Really!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Andrew, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

This is my first and last time purchasing furniture from Aaron's. First, they use the excuse of Covid for not putting together the furniture, yet they charge almost $100 for delivery and "setup". Second, the furniture is cheaply made meaning they use particle board for most of it and when we put the dresser together and went to move it, one of the legs just came off because of the cheap particle board on the bottom. Just horrible. Do yourself a favor and just save up to buy real furniture instead of paying an arm and leg for cheaply made furniture. Just shows you that it pays to have good credit!!!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Melody, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Aaron Rents Company Information