Aaron Rents
1.38/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

948 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have dealt with Aaron Rents for a long time. When Ken Butler was president, you had great customer service. Now, it seems that this is no longer the case. Rented a washer and dryer from the store in New Orleans. Dryer stopped working on 12/2. Called the store on 12/3, received 1 call back and it was oh, well, a service call might be around 12/13, not sure since they do not do the service. Called again on Thursday, assured by Manny this would be taken care of ASAP. Again, 1 call back told that the GE service would be calling. We are now 12/10, my payment was taken on 12/3 like clockwork and I have paid $99.00 and only able to use the washer here during the holidays.

Called again today and was told that it is out of their hands and they don't know when the service call would be. Everyone except for Manny has been dismissive with the complaints. No offer of anything. I have dealt with Aaron Rents in the past because of customer service and their quick response. This is not the company it used to be. Nothing has been offered for this issue at all. I am sure that if I did not pay my $99.00 on the third, it would be a HUGE problem. I am paying for something that I cannot use. It was also offered that maybe it was hooked up wrong. Explained that no chance in that because for 25+ years, that is what I did for a living. A week of no offer of anything except 2 phone calls, one of which was after me calling. No customer service at all.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I rented furniture. Some new, most used almost three years ago. Total spent to date a little over $16,000 dollars. How can it be possible that I don't own my items. Yet they are still demanding more payments. I believe we are going to go to court. I'm not giving another dollar.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Phyllis, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

If you are a single ** man Aaron’s rental will not rent to you as they think you are a criminal. I ordered a TV ps4 combo. 2 weeks later I did not receive it. I stopped by the store. I was rudely told I have to wait. So I filed a complaint. Another week goes by I still don’t have my things. I call the store manager she says she is giving me a refund because I am hard to contact. She never tried to contact me. I can’t believe I experienced this from another ** person and all she kept telling me was that my payment would be due soon. She kept bringing up payment. I already paid the Black Friday special $7 & then it’s $107 a month.

I guess she had a problem delivering me those items for that cheap price even though I’m signing a lease agreement and I will be making on-time payments every month. This was terrible and absolutely terrible experience. I will be going to rent a center. Aaron’s was just closer to me. I have lots of friends and family who say they heard about the discrimination at Aaron’s rental. I will be making some YouTube & Facebook videos on my experience. I will update with links the videos.

Aaron Rents response

Hi K, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I finished paying off in full all my appliance. They send me my receipt that shows my payoff to their saturation. A few hour later the store manager call my fiancee telling her that I still owe money to them. I been keeping track on all my payments. I save all receipt but they want me to come in to pay what they said I owe them once I get in from offshore. To me it's seems like a scam they're running trying to get over people and take more money from the people than what their products is worth for used appliance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I’ve been buying through Aaron Rents here in Memphis for 8 years! My job closed the doors. They say I have unemployment protection! I turned in all the proper paperwork. They wait two months. I reach back out to the person I was working with. She say they want more paperwork! This club deal is so not organized!!! Never had a bro lemme til I needed their help! I'm thru with Aaron Rents Memphis!!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi John, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I wanted to Aaron’s last week. We ordered two bedroom sets. One for my son's room, one for my room. The order was supposed to come and get delivered Wednesday. It did not come. Thursday afternoon at 5 o’clock I called them to see where the water was. They stated that they cannot bring the whole order. They could only bring half the order. I told him OK. So after waiting two days for them to come sleeping on the floor because we are moved in they stated that they cannot bring the holder. They could only bring half the order. I told him OK.

So after waiting two days for them to come sleeping on the floor because we were told to remove the other bed so they could put the new beds in they get here and it’s the wrong stuff that I ordered. The mattress was totally wrong so the guy started yelling at me and when we got into a little argument and they took all the furniture and left. It’s now Friday and I’m waiting for a regional manager to get back to me while me and my son sleep on the floor. The lady called me last night and told me to come in this morning so that I can come and get a refund and they are not coming back out to bring my furniture. So now I have no beds. Nowhere for my son to sleep and the lady made us come and get a refund and that they cannot deliver to me because verbal abuse was done towards the delivery man when that’s not what happened at all. They were very rude and very lazy and they yelled at me. I didn’t even yelled at them. Can they do this?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

As a single mom raising 3 children, Aaron was a great alternative to fit the needs of my household and still is today. The plasma TV served us well and I passed it on to my eldest son as a housewarming gift 9 years ago. He still has it. ??? Any problems were always resolved with replacements and/or repairs and customer service is crazy good. Still a customer after 30 years. After reading all the negative reviews, I felt compelled to write something positive. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my Aaron family in Moore, Oklahoma.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Lisa, We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Have a Happy Holidays!!!! ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

First of all I thought I was getting a great deal on a PS4 Pro and it turns out to be a slim so I accepted it but the worst part is when I brought it in the house I learned it was a Region B PS4 which is specifically for the European market. So I called Sony and they said do not use it and I was informed none of my blu rays or dvds would work which they don't and there's no warranty with them because it’s a out of region console. It gets loud and very hot and I have been sitting on hold for over an hour as I type with an automated voice saying I’m the 12th in line over and over. No help and I’m stuck with junk.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Me and my wife have been renting for a couple years now, and let me tell you we have been treated absolutely great. We live in Oakland M.D. The store manager Nick is FANTASTIC. He makes sure we have whatever we need, fixes any issues immediately, never bullies us or gets on us about our payments which we always pay regardless if we're slightly late or not. If he does not have what we're looking for he gets it and makes sure it's in top quality. Me and my wife are grateful of this because I've been battling cancer for 8 years now so knowing a great Store manager like Nick is working there, taking care of people like us and being fair this guy deserves a massive raise.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you. ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Aaron Rents takes advantage of people who for whatever reasons, hardship, bad credit, etc. cannot get credit to buy a decent computer. For a one year lease of a HP or DELL laptop, you will pay double the price the computer is worth. That business practice of Aaron Rents is NOT acceptable! I have used a home computer since the 1980's and do not know how to get along without one, and am forced to pay double because of hardship!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Ken, We are sorry to hear you feel this way. We have several payment options available including our 120 day same as cash option (90 days if in CA). Our customers choose which best fits their budgets. ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I rented a washer and dryer set in September 2016. I made the majority of my payments on time, never in danger of a repossession. Fast forward to a few months before I’m completely paid off (as in I owe $300.86 total) my dryer stops working. Ok, Samsung has a 2-year manufacturer warranty. I figured I was about a month over the warranty expiring, but what the heck I’ll call anyways to see if they can help me. Not only was I told that the warranty expired in FEBRUARY 2017, but that the washer was recalled in December 2016!!! I immediately stopped all payments by contacting my bank. I then called the store and asked why I was given an 18-month-old washer and dryer and was it refurbished? The woman stated it must have been sitting in their factory.

For a year and a half I specifically asked if it was refurbished. She wouldn’t answer me. I then asked about the recalled washer. She again didn’t have an answer as to why I was never made aware of this. All the while being quite the ignorant, unprofessional so-called “manager” that she claimed to be. I had legitimate questions and was being laughed at. I then asked her to stop calling me and to stop sending workers by my house to request payment (Fair Debt Collection Practice). She then told me that wasn’t a law and she didn’t have to stop. I have had workers come to my house and call everyday since then requesting payment.

This is illegal. I’ve filed a complaint with the BBB and have contacted an attorney. I had the dryer repaired out of my own pocket and Samsung is sending me a $150 voucher for a new washer. This company is poorly run and not abiding by the Ohio law, which is unfortunate for them. BEWARE of Aaron’s. I would recommend calling the company of whatever brand you rent from them to verify the warranty and manufacturing date. The contrite woman advised me they fix all appliances under contract. Do you really think I would trust you to fix something that you weren’t honest about in the first place?!?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Got furniture from Aaron Rents. They didn't know what they were doing, Didn't even deliver my furniture for a few days, but paid for it. The manager, said he would give me a month free, because they messed up. But then again I am still charged even more that month. They don't keep to their promise. They lie right out of their mouth. They can come back and get their furniture. Worst experience ever. I would never recommend anyone to get anything from, Aaron Rents. I am very disappointed in Aaron Rents.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Samantha, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I had ordered a refrigerator when Aaron's came to deliver it. They did not do all that they could have. All the delivery guy did was measure the width of my doorway telling me it needed to be 34 in and my doorway is 33 in. They didn't even bring the refrigerator to the door and show me that it wouldn't fit. My kids Thanksgiving is RUINED because of this situation. They told me that I could come down to the store with the measurements of my doorway and they would have something delivered MAYBE Friday. The lady ignored what I was saying and stuck to what her delivery guy told her. I honestly feel like I am wasting my time and money with them. Yea, they're cheaper than rent-a-center. But, their customer service is TERRIBLE.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Dorsey, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I will give them a 10 plus. They are better than any other rental store that I have found out there. Their furniture are priced where people can afford them. You don't forge the amount of what the items actually cost. Thank you for being there when people really needs it.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Glenda, Thank you for your business. It is our pleasure to work with you. --Chelle

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I've paid off two tv with Aaron's had a couple issues. After the tv I went and picked out a bedroom set had it delivered and shortly after this we started to get bit at night. Come to find out there was bed bugs. Aaron's refuses to pick it up telling me it was a new mattress. First it wasn't new and second I have had no issue with bed bugs until this outfit was brought into my home. We sprayed washed all the bedding. I've called them back to tell them to pick up the furniture and they refuse. I called back to tell them they are not to take any more payments off my card and the salesman hung up on me. I'm done with this company and them trying to make me pay for the furniture that had bugs in the headboard and or dressers because they don't want to deal with it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I finished paying off a decently priced washer, and wanted a new laptop. They had a really nice gaming HP Omen worth $1,200 for $1,400 as the listed price. I didn't mind the extra $200 because I figured they charge a small fee. The guy I talked to referred to the price on the sheet as what it cost. The price on this sheet was $1,400. It was right next to the HP Omen facing in the same direction as the laptop. When I said wanted this laptop, they took this price sheet to the back and I filled out the paperwork.

I got a laptop and went home. When I got home I realized they gave me a cheaper model. It had a completely different shape and did not have as great of specs. I went back and complained they gave me the wrong one, they gave me the one I looked at. When I went to make a payment I noticed the laptop cost was a little over $2,000. I was extremely upset as that was $600 more than what they were charging and $800 more than what it's worth. I went back in and they told me at first the price change was due to me coming back to get the different laptop which was at no fault to me and so I explained to them they were the ones to make a mistake. Then they changed their story and tried saying the increased price was due to the price sheet I looked at was actually for the laptop next to it.

I know they are lying to steal money from me and get more than what they advertised. If it was for the laptop next to it, then why was it facing the same direction and why did they take it to the back as if to reserve the laptop I wanted? Furthermore, they kept changing their story as to why it was more. Barely a few months later the laptop is dying too fast, the charger is overheating to the point where it scalds your skin and the laptop is getting too hot. For $2k you'd think it'd be more sturdy. I will never shop there again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I was customer of Aaron's - made my final payment Nov. 2 2018. I would never come back to this company. The sales rep and (managers) are very rude and disrespectful, only was late on payment once and they belittle and bullied me. NEVER AGAIN.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Clarissa, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Would love to hear more about why. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Me and my husband has been customers with Aaron’s for many years and have bought multiple items from them. Last month they charged my debit card without authorization (I never gave them permission to have my card on file). I have an account with the Hammond, La store and Amite, La store. I went to Hammond and they assured me it would not happen again and they don’t know how someone would be able to run it as they did not have a card on file. I just received an emailed receipt from the Amite store and they have ran payment on my card again without authorization.

My payment is not due until the 15th and I did not speak with anyone to give them authorization. My husband called to speak with a manager and the manager was very rude and disrespectful. He told my husband that he would refund the payment but he would have to return the merchandise. My husband did not ask for a refund. We just do not want a card on file and we do not want any unauthorized payments. We will never do business with Aaron’s again!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Carla, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I will never ever deal with this company again, my kids and I, have 6 accounts, we are pulling all our accounts out today. We signed on to help with our credit and paid the outrageous fees, because it would help and show up on all 3 reports. Now they decide they do not want to anymore after customers were told upon purchasing they would. I would have gone elsewhere if had been told they would not... Horrible place. Go to Rent A Center, or Conns... Run from this place. They should at least hold their word to the ones that had contracts prior to them changing policies.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Nicole, We are truly sorry you feel this way. We understand that you were advised when you initiated your agreement that it would be reported to the credit bureaus. As of 5/1/18, it had been decided that we would no longer be reporting to any of the credit bureaus. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience this may have cause. If you would like more information regarding credit reporting please contact 800 435 9544 --Chelle

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I paid off three items from Aaron in the past. Purchase a bedroom in Nov 2017... my payment was due on November 1, 2018. I received a call November 2, 2018 on when will I make my payment. ** Aaron's. They will fall, if you support a company continuous over the years you shouldn't be stalked for payment... when you have continuous support them. I wasn't months behind. I was a day late??? I'm pretty sure they have customers that don't pay at all. The customers that do pay get harassed. They know we had a hurricane last month... no consideration to humanity. If the hurricane would of blew my home away, they still would be looking for payment.

I will never purchase from them again. Point blank period!! One store has closed already here in Tallahassee. The next will shut down too. We now live in a world where you can get furniture for cheap. They are overpriced, rude and very much run their customers away. The store managers are demons.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Khadijah, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like to see what we can do to change your outlook. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

This is by far the most traumatic and worst experience I have ever had in my life with Aaron's. I rented a washer and dryer last week from these scumbags and they installed my appliances on Tuesday evening while my husband was away. No one seemed to know what was going on and I had to called 4 times to get an exact arrival time. Two men came in to install it, and closed the bathroom door to do so. They were kind to my face however 30 mins after I left, I went to put my engagement ring and diamond necklace on for dinner and they had vanished from my jewelry box. THESE PEOPLE HAVE STOLEN MY JEWELRY. They wanted to know how much I paid for my dogs and left me with no paperwork.

When I went into the store furious the next day to complain, the manager told me I had to file a report and that's all he could do for me, he wouldn't even tell me the movers' first names. They avoided eye contact and ran out of the store as soon as they saw me. DO NOT RENT ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE. They were unhelpful and their movers are thieves. No one entered my apartment except these movers in the past 24 hours. I am down over 5000 worth of valuables and these pieces of scum are doing nothing. Please think hard before hiring these people. You will never see worse service in your life.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Sabrina, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Horrible horrible horrible. My bill is due on the first of every month. I’ve always paid on time & Matt decides he’s going to call me on the 2nd by 11 am to inform me where’s his payment. Very rude. I told I’m at work and I didn’t pay yet but will do so on my lunch break. I asked him if he was the modern day Cartels because even the IRS gives you 5 business days. Very rude & unprofessionally. I will be putting a formal complaint in also to the Better Business Bureau. Customers should never be treated that way.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kay, This is absolutely not the feeling we want you to have. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Bought a phone at Altoona PA Aaron's. Manager MATT, mislead me. I'd purchased items before and they were insured, but apparently this phone wasn't. I asked them to be sure I was covered by insurance and instead of telling me it wasn't he said OK. I even told him exact reasons why I needed insurance. Well the phone was stolen, I come to find out Then and only then it wasn't insured. That I was stuck paying the phone, I had lost half my income and couldn't make the payment. It was turned over to a mediator that I WAS PAYING. I called to make a payment and the number was no good anymore. I immediately called MATT, to see what happened. He claimed to have no idea. I asked him to find me a number for the mediator who took over my acct. He said he'd look into it. I called back 4 more times, got nowhere, gave up.

Once again I was lied to by This Friday. A new mediator called my entire family, threatened them, intimidated them. I get the number and call them from a free Gmail phone, only to be put down and yelled at and called a liar. When I tried to explain what happened. They said they didn't care and if I didn't pay them 479.00 right then they were filing felony theft charges and I would go to jail. BECAUSE THE MANAGE TOLD THEM I REFUSED TO PAY. I never refused to pay. NEVER. I tried to keep paying. If Aaron's employs people so evil, I hope they all lose their jobs. They can't survive on these poor ratings for long. During the past 6 months My brother and daughter died. I lived in a tent for a while homeless, was flooded out and lost everything, then had to find another place. My guess is, they would want compassion if their lives go south but employing people who attack you the way I was attacked is shameful.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Dorothy, Oh no. This is truly not the experience we would come to expect from Aarons. We are truly sorry you had to go through this. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My fiance and I are leasing a bedroom set and the furniture is fine. It's the store that is the issue. My fiance had to be hospitalized off and on for the last 2 months and there were complications and it resulted in a tricky financial situation for us. I tried to call our local store repeatedly to see what my options were, and no one answered. We had to make 1 late payment and our current payment to be caught up since we were unable to get a hold of someone. Well, I logged into my account to see when our next payment was due, and now my account says lease contract inactive. I don't know what that means. Every time we missed a call from the store, we called back and no one answered. Neither of us drive, so we can't just pick up and go to the store. I am to the point where I want to forget it and demand a refund.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kevin, We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have purchased many items from Aaron's in Gainesville, FL Never have I had the problems I'm having now. The freezer has been having leaking issues since I started purchasing it. The manager at the time did send out someone and they called someone and they said to replace the seal Long story short the freezer still leaks water, can't tell where it's coming from. It doesn't do it all the time but they have been out 3 times calling the same number and the people are telling them to give me a new one.

I had no idea the manager Daniel had left. Now I have a new manager, Greg who is a complete idiot. He is telling me they are bringing me another one on Saturday, next thing I know they are coming to call the same number to do the same thing they have done the last 3 times. He is very rude, trying to scare me telling me the calls are recorded, GOOD! Maybe he can get his story straight. Nothing has yet been done. Why can't an appliance repair man come out and fix the freezer. I don't want a used freezer that someone else has used. I have been paying rent to own on a new freezer not a used one. This has my food in it! What is happening to Aaron's? I don't know what to do!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kay, This is truly not the experience we would want you to have. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We would like to look more into this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The arm pillow zipper broke shortly after we got the furniture. An employee came out to "fix" it. He put a tie wrap on it and said they would order a new one, which they NEVER did. The "leather" was just a fine spray over some kind of cloth material. With a tiny puncture it peels off in sheets. Biggest piece of junk ever!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Yvonne, We are sorry to hear that this has yet to be resolved. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear that you received less than that is concerning. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I started my contract with Aaron on 8/2017, two years for 2 beds. The manager told me about protection plan and he explain that it's protect me for up to 4 months if I lose my job. Of course I added the additional service knowing it would be useful if I do lose my job. Then told me to communicate with them so they can take care of that for me. Well 8/21/2018 I was laid off from my job. The next day I drove to the store and let them know I lost my job. The manager was there and he say I was fine and I told the manager as soon I found work I will immediately so they can resume taking payment. So I left assuming they would update my account with my protection would be active. Then September I received message from Aaron regarding miss payment. I was wondering why they calling about a miss payment.

They know I lost my job and couldn't make payment so I went to the store and remind them I lost job and that I was here last month and told them that. The associate, "Ok I let manager know you fine." I left then few days later I received another voice message asking to come to the store. I went spoke with manager and they had sign an extension form to make payment by October 15th and told the manager I won't be able to make payment October 15th and I just found a new job. I start October 22nd and that I will make payment November 15th my normal payment date. But the manager say, "We already give you extension for September." I responded I have a protection plan I was told that protect me for up to 4 months then he say I need to call members number and file a claim but I say I did not know I need to file claim. I was never told that his response will that's the way to do it.

So I left the store frustrated I was given misinformation so I called the 800 number and they say no I have to file claim with store not them. I told rep, "The store manager told me to call you." She say, "That's incorrect." I called the store and told them they say I have to call them. This has been frustrating because my issue was never resolved. I also sent emails and no one got back to me to resolve this. I been a good customer, paid my payment on time for 9 months and was only late once due to personal reason.

October 17th I received call from Steve ** from leasing and he told the general manager say I was never on protection plan. I'm like, "Are you kidding me? I been paying for this protection plan for the past year and I told him I be able to make payment November 15th." He say, "They already give me extension." I say, "I have protection plan and I was given misinformation on the process." He say, "He will call me back the next day." Never heard from him. This is ridiculous. Now I'm worried Aaron will come and take the beds for something that was not my fault and if that happened I will file complaint with the BBB and the news media about this. Can someone resolve this for me?

Aaron Rents response

Hi Eder, We are truly sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I started this contract 18 months ago for a brand new Samsung washer/dryer. The manager I set this up with was very nice and helpful. Over the course of time my payment schedule has had to change a couple of times due to job changes and I always notified them. Now I am down to the last 2 payments and I had contacted them that I was having to move unexpectedly and that the payment would be late. I told them exactly what day (10/19/18) it would be as I have done before and the payment was always made on that day. I do not have this on an auto pay but have used the same card to make payments online each time. It was my understanding that the debit card info is not kept.

So over the past couple of weeks with the move I have received numerous phone calls from different people. I have asked them to note in my account that I cannot take calls at work and most nights they are closed when I get off. I have called the store on a couple of occasions and spoke with Greg. Told him what was going on and he said it looks like the others were just not looking at the account notes.

So now on Monday 10/15/18 a charge is forced thru on my checking account without my authorization and caused my account to be overdrawn by a couple of hundred dollars. I caught it while it was still pending and called and spoke with Greg. He said he had been off on Monday and didn't know who did it but would talk to the manager Demarca and get it taken care of. I called the bank and had them stop payment on it but now my account is messed up. I have a friend who used to manage for them and he said they are told all the time to do this. This is unlawful business practices in my opinion. I will never use/recommend Aaron's again and I will post on every Facebook page, Twitter account or anywhere else I can about this.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Charley, We are truly sorry to hear this happened. We would like the opportunity to see if we can resolve this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have worked with Aaron's and paid off numerous items through them - the last time I used them was to purchase a bedroom set and a 2 television package they advertised. The mattress had a hole in one side and they were suppose to replace it and never did - needless to say my son didn't use the bed. The TV's were the only nice thing they provided on this contract.

I ended up on medical leave and asked to have the contract readjusted; which they did but advised me they could only do this on the bedroom set because it was necessary but they would have to pick up the TV's. Around the last week February 2017 they picked up both TV's and didn't have my son sign anything and didn't leave anything stating that they had taken the TV's; me being in the hospital I was unable to do anything.

Pushing forward to June/July 2017 - I was still on medical leave getting ready to have a 2nd surgery and I requested that they pick the bedroom set up. I told them it wasn't used and that the mattress was damaged but that since my son had moved out I didn't need it anymore. It took them 14 days to finally make it to my house, my husband had to disassemble everything and they loaded it (same scenario, didn't leave any paperwork) then asked me for the payment on the TV's. I advised them that the TV's had been taken back in February; they had the nerve to ask for proof, which was not provided on either trip. Now I am subject to harassing phone calls and I actually agreed to pay for the mattress - was given a payoff of $78, then it went to $117 now they are asking for over $300.

This company needs to be revamped or shut down; because they only readjusted the contract because they took the TV's back and thank God I was there when they picked up the bedroom set; they provided no documentation for either pick-up. Not sure if the delivery people met someone and kept the TV's or if they sold them without checking them back in - at this point I don't care. I am contacting the local Attorney General about this - I get over 10 calls a day from them and returned their crap. They only got one star from me because I had to give a rating.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Cynthia, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I rented a TV from Aaron's on $5 down, no payment until Nov. 1, 2018. I put down $50 & kept TV for week & a half & returned it & Aaron's kept my $50. DIDN'T refund half-$25 or anything back to my debit card. Just flat out kept it. So unprofessional, didn’t even have damn paperwork when brought TV, & had nerve to ask me if I had a friend to pick up the TV because they had 1 driver. Red flag number one... then my TV was used & my payment would have been just I’ve $70 something dollars for a used TV... so, I returned the TV. They put off picking it up for week... it was an excuse for 5 days in which I called... these places should not be in low income neighborhoods taking & keeping people's money because Aaron's in Kanawha City, West Virginia, is unprofessional.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jas, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Once you sign the lease agreement, there are no refunds when you return the merchandise no matter how long you have had it. We can look more into this matter for you. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Aaron Rents Company Information