2. Homeowners
Aaron Rents

Aaron Rents

3.7/5 (613 ratings)

About Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Aaron Rents Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron Rents?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Aaron's for quite sometime now. Always on time with my payments! I have paid off rentals in the past leaving on good terms. Except one time I had them pick up a washer and dryer that I could no longer afford (because I was temporarily out of a job) although I had paid off most of it. Talk about money down the drain. A few months ago I took out a couple of mattresses and washer and dryer. The washers spin cycle started acting up so I called them to pick it up to have it fixed. They sealed it for a loaner. Took them almost 3 weeks to bring it back. And when they did it still had the same problem. I didn’t bother calling them again, what for right? To this day the spin cycle is still messed up. I recently retired this year from my career due to health concerns and issues. So, my paychecks were cut more than just in half. I am currently a struggling single parent to a 13 year old.

I called Aarons in early June and explained my situation. For the next 3 to 4 weeks they were trying to work on me with payments. I explained to them that I would them off as soon as my financial situation improved, as I did not want to stay in bad standing. About after the four weeks they start sending their people to my door leaving notes that say “give us a call” or “pick up.” They called me every single day on five different numbers until I had to block them all. I had previously spoke with the manager and his assistant asking for extensions. Neil did not seem to care what my situation is. I tried making him understand why I’d fallen behind on payments but he was still demanding payment smh. I also asked him to please take me off EZ auto pay because I knew I was insufficient funds and he says he did, this was back in mid June.

Well, last week I felt very very sick and was unable to work FT. So, when I got paid this last Tuesday, Aarons purposely put me back on EZ auto pay and withdrew half the payment leaving me with hardly nothing in my account. I called them up very frustrated and not happy at all! I spoke to the manager about it and his response was “Oh, I’m so sorry that was a mistake in our end.” I knew he was lying and full of it. They meant to pull out that payment without my permission! I demand a reversal and he said he would do it. I still haven’t seen that money back yet. Now, they are sending me letters from an attorney threatening me. When I’d spoke to him on the phone he told me that I’d already paid off more than half.

I recently got diagnosed with nerve damage and an MRI done doc says found a spot on my brain he can’t identify and is now sending me to a neurosurgeon for a second opinion and have 2 torn rotator cuffs that need surgery and bad back. I suffer from major headaches and constant dizziness on a daily basis and I refuse to sleep in a floor with my 13 year old daughter because Aarons is having a fussy fit about interest charges. Smh. I’ve paid way too much money to just let my merchandise go. I am still willing to pay them off if they are still willing to work with me instead of threatening me. Aarons is ridiculous and after this I will NEVER be a customer again. They also lie, use manipulation and reverse psychology to get information out people. Never again!

Aaron Rents response

Hi A, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: July 6, 2021

I have never been so disgruntled about a company this bad in my life. Had a payment that comes due on the first of every month. Mind you I’m on a fixed income and get my money every third. When I first started renting from Aaron’s it was great. Now five agreements later they have flipped the script. Forget being a loyal customer paying extremely high prices for Merchandise that costs only about a 1/4 of what they charge but yet they get rich off the poor man with not great credit and even worse now they take the most vulnerable people and do more.

If you pay online with your debit/credit card they will start automatically taking your money every month saying you authorized the payment so it’s a slick way of getting unauthorized money off your account. Called customer services. Called the store. They give you runaround answers and swears it’s automatic. My question has been and still how when I never authorized it and now from the results of their unethical ways I have been made homeless because they wouldn’t reverse the money back to my account and I couldn’t pay my rent. I am hurt, angry and homeless. What good is having merchandise if you have nowhere to live. I will never ever rent from this company ever.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jeanell, We are sorry to hear this happened as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Had their guys pick up a bedroom set. Took the bed in their truck, brought it back out next to my kitchen trashcan. Said I had termites which I had 3 but it was protected by the cover, said they took a picture which they never did so I don't recommend them at all. Pictures and videos mean a lot.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Alexis, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: June 7, 2021

Never dealt with a company whom needed communication nor customer service training more than this one. We ordered a washing machine which was supposed to be delivered Friday June 4th. After not hearing anything by 4pm on the 4th we called since the store closes at 6. We were given several excuses about why it was not delivered and also told they cannot contact their drivers in the field. We were informed we would be called Saturday to see if they could deliver it then.

We never got a call back, so we called again on Saturday afternoon and were told the person whom was to deliver was off on that Saturday. We called the 1-800 today at around 5:45pm (June 7th) to cancel the order as we will buy one elsewhere and we're told they could not cancel because it was en route for delivery. According to tracking, it is NOT on a truck for delivery but PENDING delivery and tracking stated they would call to schedule delivery...

With minutes to spare before the store closes at 6pm, we called and we're told they would let "Mike" the delivery driver know Wednesday when he comes in that we canceled our order. This is pretty laughable for any business, not sure what the deal is in Abingdon, VA but some management could use a few fire logs under their chair. Aaron's is a joke of a company. Now I am going to bet my order never gets cancelled and they try to deliver here without even so much as a phone call.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Douglas, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 3, 2021

I paid off my account in March of this year. I paid what the account dictated. It is now May and they claim I owe $18.90!!! This after being cheated out of inflated late fees during the lease. I asked to speak with Kaye, or Kate the manager. I was put on hold for over ten minutes...no call back. If you need to lease, this would not be a good company to deal with.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Deborah, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 1, 2021

I’m a newly single parent. I needed a lawnmower. I’ve dealt with Aarons. I recently paid something off.. I couldn’t afford to buy one straight out and didn’t want to pay all summer for someone to cut it! They brought it out. I asked could they show me how to use it .. They showed me the gadgets I felt like I had it even got them to show my son and daughter because they would also b helping.. When they left my son tried finishing our lawn. The blade wouldn’t go down. I noticed screws loose like someone previously had been working on it. I called them... He told me to walk outside. He was going to talk me through how to repair the mower???? I simply told him I’m not a maintenance person and I didn’t buy this thing to become one then he says, "O ok I’ll let you know when we can get out there!" So I paid for a lawnmower to wait for you to have time to come out to fix it before I can use it. Not cool people!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Marioka, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 28, 2021

I had a horrible experience at Aaron rental center in Birmingham, Al. I bought a dryer. Was used, but told it was new, when the dryer was delivered there was lint in it, it was obviously used, when I used the dryer for the first time it was making a horrible sound, I addressed the center in East Lake, at Crestline Blvd.... In Birmingham, the woman I spoke with about my purchase, the selling Point was it was not used... When she realized it was bought, I was told "They" could come get dryer and send to their Service Center, This is so not acceptable, I had to pay to have it hooked up, then again, I had to have it rehooked. This is bad business. I've pd off several pieces at Aaron, I'll not be back and will not refer them at all... Signed Very upset, and taken advantage of.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Connie, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 22, 2021

My has a sofa & love seat rented from Aarons in Saginaw Michigan, She has called the store several times to come & pick up the Sofa & Love seat because she has been bit a few times sitting on the love seat & the store manager at the store in Saginaw Mi just got rude with her & still hasn't pick them up. I called the main office & the woman told me someone from the main office would call me by the next day & still haven't heard from the main office. We went to our bank & stopped all coming up payments so they cannot get any more payments. I will never get anything else from any of the Aaron stores anymore.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Johhny, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 16, 2021

I got a portable washer from Aaron’s, automatic payments, my card had to be replaced as it was hacked and it is a government disability debit card, I called corporate office a dozen times, my history says these unauthorized payments were refunded, however I never received any refund nor is the money adjusted and taken off my payments, I’ve spoke to so many people telling them they sent me a printout of my payments and where it said I was refunded, I’ve still have not been contacted, today I go online to make a payment as the overpayment was for 3 months, so may is when I’m to pay, I try to pay the 85.00$ and it says I owe over 190.00$, and will not allow me to make a monthly payment, as they want me to pay for the payments they overcharged me.

I contacted BBB, and Aaron’s Corp. several times still no resolve and still being harassed on a daily basis sometimes 3 times a day, I’ve rented off them before never had an issue paid off what I rented previously, I want answers so I can continue with my monthly payments towards ownership after this is paid off because of the incompetence of staff and corporate personnel!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Carolyn, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 9, 2021

Around 8 years ago I leased a TV from Aarons, and bought a bedroom set cash. During one of my moves the people moving the tv from Aarons broke the tv. I reached out to the general manager at the time and they took the television back into their place and now they're are telling me that I never paid for these items and they're threatening me to file theft criminal charges. I will start making payments on this even though I'm not fault to prevent any criminal record from being recorded in my name. But I will be getting a lawyer to proceed with this. I am very unsatisfied with all this, and would like to know exactly why is this happening. General manager told me everything should be fine. I no longer have access to the contract nor checking account I used to make this payment since it was 8 YEARS AGO

Aaron Rents response

Hi Gerardo, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Aaron Rents Company Information