Aaron Rents

Aaron Rents

2.6/5 (2144 ratings)

About Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

Aaron Rents Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron Rents?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: April 5, 2022

I have been with them for 2 years I go to make my second to last payment and Kim took two payments out of my checking account! When I went to the store she was so rude and nasty telling me my bank is wrong! The payments were run two different ways back to back and I have to have my bank deal with it! Kim would not even look at my bank info! I’ll never deal with them again.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Michele, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of your review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 20, 2022

I have been a customer of Aaron's for several years now and never had any issues until recently. I contacted them regarding a sectional I was renting and informed them that the fabric on the couch cushions were starting to unravel in random spots. A story employee verify story by say she has the same couch and she is also having the same issue. However the store manager was not in that day and I was asked to call the next day which I did. I spoke with the manager, explained my issue, he said the employee told him the same thing about hers and we made arrangements to have another couch of different color and fabric ordered and delivered to me. I was told it could take up to a week for it get delivered to the store and then delivered to my residence. He told me that they would let me know when it comes.

So a week goes by, I tried calling the manager several times only to be told he wasn't there or he was on the phone. So I spoke with someone named Jason who advised me that the couch was there, however it would be 2 more weeks before I could get it due to the store being low on inventory and they had to get a couch to replace it before I could have it. I was advised by Jason that the manager Anthony then said that I needed to make sure this was the couch I wanted because I would not be able to swap again. This was after the manager told me it would be no big deal.

Now all of the sudden it's a big deal and he is too busy to talk to me. So after becoming angry at this treatment, I told them I no longer wanted this couch or the other. Jason told me that was totally my choice however they would not be able to pick it up until March 28th! I'm seriously contemplating returning everything except my son's TV and getting the furniture elsewhere. I've already paid 50% of my son's 55 inch so I would be losing cash to return it now. I'm very disappointed in how Anthony being a regional manager handled this situation. After I'm done paying what I owe on the TV. I'll never go there again.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Scotty, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I paid off a mattress, furniture set, and PlayStation 5, and they didn’t want to do another lease agreement with me online. What a slap in the face for the customer! From now on I’ll stick to Affirm and never do business with them again. Everyone reading this use Affirm. They are on all major retailers and charge way less interest than Aaron’s. You’ll thank me when you see how much cheaper both payments and interest is. Also, to top it off I did the online application and they approved me for $565 in leasing power just to deny me!! Really!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Andrew, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

This is my first and last time purchasing furniture from Aaron's. First, they use the excuse of Covid for not putting together the furniture, yet they charge almost $100 for delivery and "setup". Second, the furniture is cheaply made meaning they use particle board for most of it and when we put the dresser together and went to move it, one of the legs just came off because of the cheap particle board on the bottom. Just horrible. Do yourself a favor and just save up to buy real furniture instead of paying an arm and leg for cheaply made furniture. Just shows you that it pays to have good credit!!!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Melody, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I got laptops for my brother and sister. We paid 2600 and the manager told us that we didn't have to pay till March this year and that we only had to pay 200 and something but now they say we have to pay over 2000 again and that they say that they told us it was 500 to pay it off. From now on we are taking our business to Rent a Center and Aaron has lost us for good cause we were done wrong.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jason, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Aaron’s is what I chose. Fredericksburg Rd., San Antonio, TX To move my credit. The amount was a-little over $1,923. They had a stitch’s that was loose and they were going to fix. To this day it’s not fixed, however they were new. That is what this place said and the girl that sold them to me. Well for months later looking for remote I put my hand and I pulled dirt and popcorn. I haven’t eating anything on them. I go back and one of the girls does research and sees that they are used and they sold them as new. I was upset. Demand to lower the price. I still own 1,300. And called. He tells me I have only paid $400 and I’ve had them this February 7 month and I only have paid $400. I’ve been praying $108 a month and I only have paid $400. I was lied. Don’t trust them. Go to an actual furniture store. You are warned…

Aaron Rents response

Hi Mary, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your account, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

I have rented from Aaron’s for about 2 years and the service is terrible. From using covid as an excuse to not fix my defective furniture, constant turnover of employees which continued promises to fix my furniture has not been followed through, to making unauthorized unauthorized charges on my bank account. They do not have any permission to take payments from my account however when I call to dispute the transactions after it happening two months in a row, I am told it can’t be reversed because she doesn’t know how to reverse the charge. It is totally illegal to take from one's account without permission. Period!!! Do not go through this company!! I don’t even feel the one star was worthy of their store!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Misty, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number, along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I had a stackable washer and dryer for over a year with Aaron's. My washer broke on September 7th. I called for repair and was told a ticket would be put in. A week later nothing. I called back. I was given a slew of excuses and then the holidays became the reasoning. I kept calling and speaking with the "new manager" who kept pushing me off and giving me lip service. I had been patient and understanding, as this went on for several months. On December 24th, they took an autopayment that was not due until January 1st. Mind you, every month since the machine broke they were taking their payments. I have 4 months of payments made on a broken machine.

I called the store and spoke with someone other than the "manager" who told me there were no notes about a broken machine or a ticket order or anything. I called corporate at that point and explained the situation. I was informed that they would have someone call me back within 24hr. That did happen. The next evening I spoke with a regional manager who wanted to work a "deal" with me. I personally am so offended that he truly thinks I want to continue working with people who disrespected and disregarded my needs as a long time paying customer. I was completely ignored and there were no attempts in helping me at all prior to that call.

I cannot trust that this will not happen again so I do not want to be doing business with them at all, ever again. I was informed that they do not do refunds so I am out all that money. My choices were to work with a shady disrespectful company or be out all that money they just made for free. I chose to be out the money, than work with that horrible company any more.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Lindsay, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your account, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I set up to make a payment on November 30th with the store manager. I was told that my account was current and up-to-date till December 1st so I put money on my account. I told him that I would not get paid again until December the 17th. So on December 2nd the account manager is calling me telling me that the arrangement apparently did I made did not get put in so then they pick up my stuff. So I'm aggravated. They could work the extension out to give me to the 17th floor when I got paid. I contacted the corporate customer service twice. I tried to reach out to an area supervisor and a district manager and no one has returned my phone call. No one wants to talk to me. No one wants to resolve this issue so I'm taking to social media and doing some reviews. Basically I feel like they stole my money.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Michael, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number, along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I don't use credit so Aaron's is a good compromise for me. I use their 120 days same-as- cash option to avoid high interest charges on my purchase. I purchased a nice sectional. The store I went to was great!! They had what I wanted and it was delivered quickly. My husband and I also purchased a 70" LG TV from them and did pay cash because it was a returned item. It works great and we only paid 499.00 for it. Love Aaron's.

Aaron Rents response

Hey Melissa, Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you.

Aaron Rents Company Information