Aaron Rents
1.29/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

924 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I have purchased many items from Aaron's in Gainesville, FL Never have I had the problems I'm having now. The freezer has been having leaking issues since I started purchasing it. The manager at the time did send out someone and they called someone and they said to replace the seal Long story short the freezer still leaks water, can't tell where it's coming from. It doesn't do it all the time but they have been out 3 times calling the same number and the people are telling them to give me a new one.

I had no idea the manager Daniel had left. Now I have a new manager, Greg who is a complete idiot. He is telling me they are bringing me another one on Saturday, next thing I know they are coming to call the same number to do the same thing they have done the last 3 times. He is very rude, trying to scare me telling me the calls are recorded, GOOD! Maybe he can get his story straight. Nothing has yet been done. Why can't an appliance repair man come out and fix the freezer. I don't want a used freezer that someone else has used. I have been paying rent to own on a new freezer not a used one. This has my food in it! What is happening to Aaron's? I don't know what to do!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The arm pillow zipper broke shortly after we got the furniture. An employee came out to "fix" it. He put a tie wrap on it and said they would order a new one, which they NEVER did. The "leather" was just a fine spray over some kind of cloth material. With a tiny puncture it peels off in sheets. Biggest piece of junk ever!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I started my contract with Aaron on 8/2017, two years for 2 beds. The manager told me about protection plan and he explain that it's protect me for up to 4 months if I lose my job. Of course I added the additional service knowing it would be useful if I do lose my job. Then told me to communicate with them so they can take care of that for me. Well 8/21/2018 I was laid off from my job. The next day I drove to the store and let them know I lost my job. The manager was there and he say I was fine and I told the manager as soon I found work I will immediately so they can resume taking payment. So I left assuming they would update my account with my protection would be active. Then September I received message from Aaron regarding miss payment. I was wondering why they calling about a miss payment.

They know I lost my job and couldn't make payment so I went to the store and remind them I lost job and that I was here last month and told them that. The associate, "Ok I let manager know you fine." I left then few days later I received another voice message asking to come to the store. I went spoke with manager and they had sign an extension form to make payment by October 15th and told the manager I won't be able to make payment October 15th and I just found a new job. I start October 22nd and that I will make payment November 15th my normal payment date. But the manager say, "We already give you extension for September." I responded I have a protection plan I was told that protect me for up to 4 months then he say I need to call members number and file a claim but I say I did not know I need to file claim. I was never told that his response will that's the way to do it.

So I left the store frustrated I was given misinformation so I called the 800 number and they say no I have to file claim with store not them. I told rep, "The store manager told me to call you." She say, "That's incorrect." I called the store and told them they say I have to call them. This has been frustrating because my issue was never resolved. I also sent emails and no one got back to me to resolve this. I been a good customer, paid my payment on time for 9 months and was only late once due to personal reason.

October 17th I received call from Steve ** from leasing and he told the general manager say I was never on protection plan. I'm like, "Are you kidding me? I been paying for this protection plan for the past year and I told him I be able to make payment November 15th." He say, "They already give me extension." I say, "I have protection plan and I was given misinformation on the process." He say, "He will call me back the next day." Never heard from him. This is ridiculous. Now I'm worried Aaron will come and take the beds for something that was not my fault and if that happened I will file complaint with the BBB and the news media about this. Can someone resolve this for me?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I started this contract 18 months ago for a brand new Samsung washer/dryer. The manager I set this up with was very nice and helpful. Over the course of time my payment schedule has had to change a couple of times due to job changes and I always notified them. Now I am down to the last 2 payments and I had contacted them that I was having to move unexpectedly and that the payment would be late. I told them exactly what day (10/19/18) it would be as I have done before and the payment was always made on that day. I do not have this on an auto pay but have used the same card to make payments online each time. It was my understanding that the debit card info is not kept.

So over the past couple of weeks with the move I have received numerous phone calls from different people. I have asked them to note in my account that I cannot take calls at work and most nights they are closed when I get off. I have called the store on a couple of occasions and spoke with Greg. Told him what was going on and he said it looks like the others were just not looking at the account notes.

So now on Monday 10/15/18 a charge is forced thru on my checking account without my authorization and caused my account to be overdrawn by a couple of hundred dollars. I caught it while it was still pending and called and spoke with Greg. He said he had been off on Monday and didn't know who did it but would talk to the manager Demarca and get it taken care of. I called the bank and had them stop payment on it but now my account is messed up. I have a friend who used to manage for them and he said they are told all the time to do this. This is unlawful business practices in my opinion. I will never use/recommend Aaron's again and I will post on every Facebook page, Twitter account or anywhere else I can about this.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have worked with Aaron's and paid off numerous items through them - the last time I used them was to purchase a bedroom set and a 2 television package they advertised. The mattress had a hole in one side and they were suppose to replace it and never did - needless to say my son didn't use the bed. The TV's were the only nice thing they provided on this contract.

I ended up on medical leave and asked to have the contract readjusted; which they did but advised me they could only do this on the bedroom set because it was necessary but they would have to pick up the TV's. Around the last week February 2017 they picked up both TV's and didn't have my son sign anything and didn't leave anything stating that they had taken the TV's; me being in the hospital I was unable to do anything.

Pushing forward to June/July 2017 - I was still on medical leave getting ready to have a 2nd surgery and I requested that they pick the bedroom set up. I told them it wasn't used and that the mattress was damaged but that since my son had moved out I didn't need it anymore. It took them 14 days to finally make it to my house, my husband had to disassemble everything and they loaded it (same scenario, didn't leave any paperwork) then asked me for the payment on the TV's. I advised them that the TV's had been taken back in February; they had the nerve to ask for proof, which was not provided on either trip. Now I am subject to harassing phone calls and I actually agreed to pay for the mattress - was given a payoff of $78, then it went to $117 now they are asking for over $300.

This company needs to be revamped or shut down; because they only readjusted the contract because they took the TV's back and thank God I was there when they picked up the bedroom set; they provided no documentation for either pick-up. Not sure if the delivery people met someone and kept the TV's or if they sold them without checking them back in - at this point I don't care. I am contacting the local Attorney General about this - I get over 10 calls a day from them and returned their crap. They only got one star from me because I had to give a rating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I rented a TV from Aaron's on $5 down, no payment until Nov. 1, 2018. I put down $50 & kept TV for week & a half & returned it & Aaron's kept my $50. DIDN'T refund half-$25 or anything back to my debit card. Just flat out kept it. So unprofessional, didn’t even have damn paperwork when brought TV, & had nerve to ask me if I had a friend to pick up the TV because they had 1 driver. Red flag number one... then my TV was used & my payment would have been just I’ve $70 something dollars for a used TV... so, I returned the TV. They put off picking it up for week... it was an excuse for 5 days in which I called... these places should not be in low income neighborhoods taking & keeping people's money because Aaron's in Kanawha City, West Virginia, is unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Today is 10/14/2018. Me and my husband has been renting a washer and dryer from them since last Cabrio set red just in case that helps with your choosing. We have had it about year maybe a little longer so the agitator has rent out and started eating our clothes and towels and with me being a stay at home caregiver to my disabled veteran husband we ain't got a lot of money to keep replacing these items. I called and they sent someone to check it out. A month goes by and I had to call them to see where the part was since I had not heard from them. They tell me that person quit and said they would pass it to their other site and someone would call me that day. Did not hear anything from them.

I called the next day to tell them my dryer was not drying as well and they wanted to pick them up and give me loaners till mine was fixed. I asked how long that would take and reminded the guy I had a brand new set. This should not be happening and that I did not want a loaner set especially from their cockroach infested store. My set came from the warehouse not their store and when I asked how long it would take to fix it he said as long as it takes. Not good enough since I make all my payments on time. Actually to be honest mine even paid way before the due date. I even gave them an easy fix with this about just swapping mine out with a brand new set and he did not want to do that to where I would not start my payments over.

I would have to start a new contract. Ain't no way in heck that is going to happen due to if they got this set back it go back on the self as a used item and they would not be losing money in any way. I call corporate. They said someone from regional would call me. Ain't heard nothing from them. My next step come Monday WILL BE CALLING A LAWYER TO DEAL WITH THIS THE PROPER WAY. MAYBE IF MORE PEOPLE DID THIS THEY WOULD NOT TREAT PEOPLE THE way they do.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Springfield, Oregon. My mother came in to purchase a living room set, she paid for a few months of several different couches/sectionals before finding the right one(which has been paid for), a tv, and a recliner which are still being paid on. When she came in looking for products we noticed a tv behind the counter and asked what happened to it and why it was discounted. They said while moving the tv, an employee flipped the cord over the tv and dinged the screen with the power outlet. This spec was the size of a pencil tip. So my mother, wanting to save money, jumped on the offer. She has about 2 months left on the payments for the TV. She called several months back to ask what was happening with her tv, I then had to go over and watch the tv malfunction before my eyes. It would shut off the screen but sound would still be playing. She would have to shut the tv off to get the screen to come back on.

We called the store and complained. They undermined us saying it was our Netflix account. Which it wasn't. All other TV's connected to the Netflix account we're functioning properly with no buffers or blacked out screens. Then she would attempt to turn her volume up and nothing would happen unless you used force on the remote. She would leave the remote alone and randomly the volume would jump all the way up startling her. Again we called the store to complain and they said it was probably something going on and they would have a technician out to reprogram the tv. That happened and seems to have made matters worse. Black screen more often than before and it infuriated us. Not but a month passed and we called the store again only to have an employee tell us it was probably our internet messing up. Again, no other tv in the house had this problem and no delays in service.

Called Comcast to verify that nothing was going on on their end. Surprise, nothing was wrong. Calling Aaron's back obviously frustrated. They said they would come pick it up and bring it to the store. If this doesn't get resolved I don't feel we should be spending more money on a product that we will just end up stuck with. Will we get a replacement tv or do we have to start making payments on another tv. That seems a bit steep. I'm far from pleased with the blaming and disrespectful tones. It's not our fault your tv is malfunctioning. I do expect this to be resolved soon. We have had great experience working with Aaron's other than this. My husband and I have bought a bed frame and sectional from you and would love to keep doing business with Aaron's.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I recently had to move out of my home fairly quickly and got 9 days behind on my payment. When I called to set a payment arrangement they had already went to my previous address that I was still moving out of and because I did not stop and call them first they are now demanding their stuff back when I am more than willing to pay. It just seems there should be a grace period to update a address when I was moving. It was not on my mind to call them right then and it was only a week or so later. I'm very dissatisfied. Seems just a way to take people's hard earned money and give them no support.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

So, I moved and left my furniture to taken back by Aaron's at my previous residence (Slidell, Louisiana) as it would be easier than to move the furniture. We scheduled a pickup date one week before my move out date, which also was before my next bill would be due. They never came on the pickup date (so, of course, I was expected to pay again). So I removed the furniture and put in the garage so it would be easier to remove. Aaron's then instead of coming on the pickup date instead comes two weeks later expecting someone to be there at a random time in the day. I informed them I moved and I would need to have the homeowner open the garage so they can remove the furniture (they also informed me I would need to have someone 18 yrs or older also).

Instead of calling me ahead of time they just start showing up daily. The homeowner actually filmed an employee parked in front of her driveway then walk up to her door and proceed to bang on the door for 3-5 min, look into her windows and then sit in front of her house for an additional 10-15 min (obviously being obnoxious enough she felt the need to record, she actually disconnected her doorbell because of how off the wall they were being). After a week of this, they finally picked up the furniture (with no one home, although they swore someone 18 yrs or older needed to be home.) A week then passes and the Slidell location calls me to inform me there are items missing that I would need to pay for in full. With all that said I told them you all need to figure this out, this is not my responsibility.

Now I get 3 calls a day from Aaron's, threatened with litigation, and they continued to go by the homeowner's house for an additional two weeks. (What gives you the right to act like that on someone else's property). With all that said, I wouldn't spend $.01 at Aaron's and have consulted an attorney about the harassment. DO NOT BUY FROM AARON'S unless you want to have to seek legal advice, want to be harassed on a daily basis via phone, and have their employees bang on your door to the point where you honestly think they are trying break in. PLEASE SAVE THE HEADACHE. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH AARON's!!! TELL EVERYONE!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi, Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear about your concerns with your local store. Please send us a email to myexperience@aarons.com with your best contact number and email address We will forward your feedback to our Divisional Management Team so they can look into this matter further. Reference where you left your feedback in the email. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I was told by Aaron's employees and managers that they never keep debit card information. They are liars. They ran my card twice in a single transaction without my authorization. I looked online at my account and immediately called them. They said I was on auto pay. I said, "How was I on auto pay when I never signed up for that..." He stated, " I do not know." I said, "If I was on auto pay why were you all calling me so much..." My account was put in overdrawn status because they used my card without my knowledge. Do not... I repeat do not give them your card information.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Octavia, We are sorry to hear this happened. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

They first use pictures to lured you in a deal. That got me until I pay online then I realize is a ten piece instead of a 12 piece. Then I have to purchase the dresser drawer separately. You set up your online account then it won’t be able to go beyond the first three payments you made so you can’t find a balance or how many payments left. If you call is like the balance always remains at $1000+. I was a month behind they came and took the furnitures. Is a scam leasing to own, better off at the thrift store. Nothing is new as portrayed and all furnitures and electronics are from other customers. They never honest, very nasty people with very bad customer skills, the furniture is as expensive as financing a car, financing a car is even better.

Advise: Never lease from Aaron rather do it with Rent A Centre. Make sure is what you they advertise online that you get. Make sure the furniture is brand new, if you lucky most of the furniture you get is recycled don’t be fooled by the spray smell. Check your balance and always have your receipts cause they will try not to give you. The lease you sign is a monthly payment with NO specified date (like on the 1st, or the 15th) or indicated amount (like $150.00) to be made. So don’t be fooled with late fees. If you a minority, any late payment is immediately subjected to be repossessed, you hardly see their stores in cities but in the minority community unlike Rent A Center RAC.

They can’t give payment history like every other leasing company even when is your right to have a copy of your payment history. They go online to edit or make up reviews, falsely, get you trapped in doing a business with them. Your personal information is not guaranteed with Aaron. Not sure of other branches but the store in Fruitland, Maryland is a horrible place to go to. I do NOT recommend to do any business with them.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear about your experience with your local store. Please email us at myexperience@aarons.com with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. Also, reference where you left your review in the email. We would like to have our Divisional Management Team reach out to you for assistance. Thank you. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had a really bad experience at the Aaron at 2661 Powder Springs Rd. in Marietta GA. The manager was handling personal business instead of helping me in finding what I wanted. She stayed in the back of the store with staff members talking very loud and vulgar language with other co workers. All she did was direct me to the kiosk to do an application. After she told me what I was approved for she never did any paperwork stating she would call me in a few hours to discuss the terms. I never received a call back. I called back several times, only to be told she was busy. Weekend passed, I called store manager Monday morning to explain the situation and he was just as rude and didn't seem to care. I canceled my order and went to the Hiram location, they were great! I will never do business with the Aaron at the 2661 Powder Springs Rd. in Marietta GA. location.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Donna, Thank you for sharing and we are sorry to hear about your experience with the local store. Please send us an email to myexperience@aarons.com with your name, your phone number and email address. We would like to have our Divisional Management Team reach out to you. Please include the site where you left your review. Thank you. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have purchased many things from Aaron’s. Almost Always paying on time or within days of due date. I currently have 4 items I’m paying on now. Well like many people I had unexpected bills and fell behind 19 days on one account. After explaining this and giving a time range I would be paying and after being a great customer the manager Keith is unwilling to wait an extra week for the money unless I give a debit or advance check! I will not give this info because I do not trust they won’t just charge whenever they want. I told him to pick up the couches I’m late on and once I pay off the other items I will never deal with Aaron’s again. They take advantage of people with poor credit, give you used and resold items and constantly harass you even suggesting you take out a payday loan. They should be shut down!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Margo, We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with your local store. We would like the opportunity to look into the matter further. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you!  Please include the site where you left your review. Thank you. -Tavius

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I'm currently in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. My home is on Palm Coast, FL. I cannot get good service so I have been texting to the manager. Back in July my daughter let me use her debt card to pay a bill at Aaron's. I text him the card. Now it's Sept 20. They just billed my daughter's card again. He did not have permission. She is calling the sheriff at Flagler county and filing fraud charges against him. He was told in text not to use it after it did not go thru when he tried to use it before. So this man kept that card. That's theft.

Flagler county has agreed and we are pushing for a warrant to be issued. On top the bank has been notified and closed all of her accounts down. She will be seeking compensation from Aaron's for the unprofessional way and for the fraud and for her inconvenience. See you behind bars Mike the manager at Palm Coast Aaron's in Palm Coast, FL. He was given 20 min to issue proof of a refund and he ignored it. Bye bye. What kind of a bird don't fly... jail bird.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Barbara, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have been a paying customer of Aaron Rents for years. Always on time. It is a shame to have to deal with a store's unprofessional attitude, but you would think that the regional manager would be better trained. All I can say is I hope all the calls are taped because I am sure if they were to review the call that took place between the "regional manager" and myself they would be shocked at the treatment their customers are getting. From this point I will write an official complaint.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Allison, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I leased my 55 inch Samsung TV back in July of 2017, and it's been nothing shy of great. However, the only concern I have is not being able to look online and see how much longer, or how much I owe on my lease. I've called the store on two separate occasions to find out my balance on the account and what the early buyout would be. I was told two completely different amounts along with early buyout amounts. It would make it easier for me as a customer to look online and see how much longer I have on my account. Other than that I'm happy with the product, but I don't think I will do business with Aaron's again.

Hey Mitchel,

Truly apologize, however, online you can see the pay out amount and how much you currently owe. Any addtional info can only be given from the store. Below I have provided the link you can click on to pay online and get basic info about account. -Kala

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

In February of 2017 my fiance had rented a Samsung Stereo system from the South Zanesville Ohio store. Todd (the manager then) came in April 2018 and confiscated all of our merchandise even though we was willing to make a payment on the stereo alone. It had all started with him because he sent us home with a broke tv and we was refusing to keep or pay for it... I refused to pay for something I did not break! Regional manager had called us and had made everything right with the tv. We was informed by the delivery drivers (whom we both like) that we could reinstate the stereo at any time with the same amount of payments that we had. (It was almost paid off).

Well... We went to reinstate the stereo and have since been told by the new store manager that he can no longer get those stereos in... Tried to find another like it, but none that we liked. Now... Fast forward. Instead of refunding all of the money that we have paid for the stereo that was taken from us... They are telling us now that they can find another stereo if that is what we want. Ummm sorry, but no. My fiance just wants his no st back that he paid (almost 1500.00). I will not ever be back to Aarons.

Aaron Rents response

Hi, Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are sorry to hear about your concerns. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Please state which platform you left your feedback on so that we can reference back to it. We hope to hear from you soon. -Tavius

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I started renting to own a 60 inch TV in July of 2017. After a year and one month the tv developed a line in the center and one half of the TV was a shade darker. I called them and they came, looked at it and took it back and gave me a 40 inch to use until they repaired the 60. I've made 3 payments since then and when I asked over the phone they said it still showed being repaired.

I've been out in person 3 times and been told 3 different things. First it could be fixed. Second time it is a manufacturing defect that takes a year to show up and can't be fixed, and Monday 10, 2018 they said it was infested with bugs and a lizard and the manager told me it was my TV and I was responsible for it even though I still owe a year on it before I own it. Tuesday when I went in person the manager (come to find that out) told me the store manager would be in Wednesday and to talk to him about combo, where I would still pay for the old TV and pick out a new one that worked. Really??

Aaron Rents response

Hi Chris, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. This would not be the experience we would want you to have regarding your repair. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Where do I start. I've rented something from here before. So I thought it was safe. Boy was I wrong, in short my tv fell. I called Aaron in Avondale to explain and have someone come get the tv or send me some notification that they know it's broken. All these unprofessional individuals were interested in was making me aware that I still owe for the tv. Uh obviously. Who doesn't know that. These individuals were downright rude and threatening. Please please run away. Never buy anything from their Avondale store. Hopefully the other stores have had sufficient training in customer service.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Allison, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Well I've got a few things from Aaron's. We've been with them we bought couch, TV, fridge & now the fridge was done in August but they say we still owe 85.00 & they take it through auto-pay. There was nothing run through my bank but they swear they did. So me & girlfriend went to see what's up. They say we owe plus late fees. Well I pulled up my account nothing has gone through the bank. They will pay it & charge me. Well the girl has me go back to some guy in back & he said these are the day's they ran it so I ask so how can it go through & not show on my account. Rhey say no funds but it will still show it trying to go through plus there was funds in it.

So I said well I'll pay it & I will not go through them again. Pay it on the 1st. & Walked out the ** gets up & says, "Hey. We not done." I said, "Yes we are." Then he treats me like I'm stupid like he is king. Well I'll keep it civil so I said I'm not ** stupid. Then he said I need to leave so my girlfriend gave me keys then this ** looks at me & said, "Yeah that's a good idea" so I replied, "Really" then he acts like he is going to come after me so it took a lot to just walk outside but I did. I would not recommend them anymore. Now I can see why they only get a one star. Sorry they don't deserve that. I think something is up on us still owing money.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Wesley, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

So for starters after being a customer for over 2 years and already having a computer paid off they decided to take my TV back only having one payment left. After I called and told them I had the money to pay it they informed me they had sold it to someone else. I would call that double dipping. After refusing the payment and costing me fees on my credit card the manager said would find another one. After almost 2 weeks they call to say they found one. I said, "Ok I'll pick it up." Half hour later they call back said they broke it after they took my payment of almost 500$. And I'm still waiting for TV after more than a month of going back and forth with the manager and employees. Not to mention when you speak to a employee everyone you speak to gives you a different answer... after seeing. All of these other complaints I think we should all get together for a class action lawsuit.

Hi TF,

We want to help as much as possible have your issues and concerns addressed. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info as well. -Kala

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

There is so much I can say about this company. They sold my TV when I only had one more payment left. Paid the TV off and they were going to give a broken TV in its place. This company need to be sued. They double dip on all products.

Hi Tiff,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is very unfortunate. We want to help resolve any issues you may be having because we value our customers. Can you send us an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info as well. We look forward to hearing back from you! -Kala

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I found this website and made a new account just to review this store. If I could give them zero stars I would... This store and the entirety of the company does not care about its customers. I order a bundle and never received it. My account was approved within the first day. Every time I called them to check on when my products would arrive They kept saying the truck is coming tomorrow, or this day, or the next... never could tell me which truck my products would be on... nor give me any information at all on the whereabouts of my products.

They kept telling me to call the customer service number then the customer service reps (all garbage) would tell me I'm approved and to call the store. No one could tell me where my products were at all! The customer service reps said the manager of the store could call the warehouse to check where it is. The manager would never do so. They both kept throwing me to each other. In the end I ended up doing more work than them! The customer service reps do not listen or care. They talk over you saying you’d have to contact the store after I tell them 100 times, "The store told me to contact you!!!" I’m a customer right?!? How about you two contact each other and fix my ** issue!!!

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this our attention. We greatly appreciate and value our customers. We would love to look more into this for you and hopefully get this resolved. Can you please provide in an email to myexperience@aarons.com the first and last name, phone number and store you leased from info so we lok your account up and make upper management aware. -Kala

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I asked them to pick up my furniture. The manager dodged my calls for over a week and didn't pick up my merchandise before the new furniture I bought was delivered. I told him I would have to put it on the back porch (covered). He said, "Too bad," basically. During the week that it had to sit there waiting to be picked up something chewed a hole in a couch and now he won't take it and I'm stuck for payoff on the couch. If they had picked the furniture up when I asked this wouldn't have happened. I cannot believe the terrible customer service. They literally put me on hold for 20-30 minutes every day then I would get disconnected. I fail to see how this is my fault.

Hi Peter,

We would to look mre into this for you and see if we can get those items picked up. Can you please email us your info and details to myexperience@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info as well. -Kala

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We went in last November to get two game consoles and we told the gentleman that we needed to be on a plan that is not going to take long to pay off. He told us we would pay it off in no time. Fast forward nine months later and here we are still paying not only that but we asked for the details on how much longer we got and we were told we will be paying for another year putting for only two game consoles were paying over $2000 because of how much interest will be drawn.

The lady at the desk even slip out by saying it is unusual for just game consoles to go on such a long contract. She said those are reserved for the more expensive items in the store. Long story short I got the games for more girls. We had to return the Xbox cuz it was costing the most and now I'm afraid I have to return my 11 year old daughters PlayStation 4 that she waited over a year for, got straight As and worked very hard for but after finding out I still owe over $800 on it and it's not even the slim or pro version and it wasn't even new so why do I have to pay so much??? Please help!!!

Hi Luz,

Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info. We want to help as much as possible with looking into this and seeing what can be done. -Kala

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

First of all, their furniture is overpriced but I knew that going in. I've spent a good portion of my morning dealing with them just trying to make a payment. I'm already paid through November on this couch and I'm just trying to pay it off soon. Their website is such a pain to use. My fiancé cant even make the payments, I have to because he doesn't have a computer and the website doesn't function on his phone. On top of that, when I went to pay the website glitched and now I'm locked out of paying until it unlocks.

I contacted customer service and there's no way to manually unlock that, I have to wait up to 24 hours, they couldn't even give me a real time frame. They made it clear enough they don't want my money, I'll never go back. I'm a good friend too so I won't let my friends make the same mistake without a word of warning. I canceled my club membership because there's no way I'm paying them $10 more a month, you know, because they don't want my money.

Hi Brooke,

This is very unfortunate. We greatly appeciate and value our cusotmers. We want to help resolve any issues moving forward the best way possible. Can you please email us at myexperience @aarons.com and include first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info as well. -Kala

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I rented 2 items from Aaron's and I went to a hospital for treatment for a medical issue I had. I was gone for just about 2 months. During that time I rented out my Room as a sublet. I had a couple rent my room and when it was time to pay rent they disappeared with all my electronics. Of course I called the cops and reported it stolen. I called Aaron's and gave them the police report number. They are still harassing me. Calling from 100 different numbers. Calling every half hour over and over. They call my family and lie to them. They told me it would stop. Probably 10 different people both from corporate and the store all said the harassment will stop. I give up trying to contact them or do the right thing. Do not under any circumstances buy from Aaron's.

Hi,

Oh No! This is very unfortunate. We would love to look more into this and see what can be done to get this resolved. Can you send us an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info. We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We called Aaron Rents in Salinas, CA on 6/23/18 to report an issue with our 75” flat screen TV that had for 5 months when it started to make a popping sounds then suddenly it shut off, when we turned it back on there were vertical lines on one side of the screen, then each time we turned it on the lines got wider and there were small horizontal lines that look like cracks which are thermal cracks according to the manufacturer. Nothing ever hit the TV and there are no marks or cracks on the outside.

We had also purchased a steam dryer and washer from Aaron’s and started smelling mold in the house and we couldn’t figure out where is was coming from and the smell kept getting worse as time went on. When we found out it was coming from a faulty connection from the steam dryer and that apparently had been dripping for weeks. We took a videos of all the damage and photos before shutting off the water supply to the steam dryer. Aaron’s policy is that they have to deliver and connect all their products to ensure they are done correctly.

We reported all this to manager Kim ** and she said she would have the TV and the washer/dryer set pickup and new ones delivered. And she said that Josh **, the General Manager, would get back to us about the water damage to our floors by Monday which was 2 days basically. We kept calling but he delayed over two weeks and then he told us that he would take care of it and work something out. We agreed to have a professional remediation company come out and get an estimate of the damage and in the meantime his drivers would come out and replace the damaged TV and washer dryer unit. The same week the delivery guys were to come out Josh sent an email asking if he could come to our house and I said no and that we were going to have an estimate first as we agreed on the phone. He never responded back.

Then, on the date of the deliver July 21, 2018, two men showed up and set up the new washer/dryer then went to move the TV and picked it up then decided to plug it in which showed a huge crack at the bottom and one guy stated, "This can't be fixed. We're not taking it!" And we told him what we told Kim **, that it happened from inside the TV after the popping sound, a thermal crack, and after they handled the TV the crack spread further! When I asked him who he was he said he was Josh ** and he refused to address the water damage and the TV!

We confronted Josh about why he would sneak in our home pretending to be a delivery employee of Aaron’s and that he was basically trespassing after we specifically told him not to come. We knew his presence and opinions about the damage were biased and he certainly does not have the authority to make technical decisions about TV damage, nor is he qualified to assess the extent of water damage to our home! He refused to address the TV damage and water damaged to wood and linoleum floors and he left with his employee without addressing this serious situation.

Furthermore, we specifically, on several occasions told Aaron’s not use our debit cards without our authorization or save them for auto payment, and they continued to fraudulently use our cards, overcharging us and causing numerous overdraft fees. We notified our bank and reported the fraud and we cancelled the cards. They also continue to call and harass us on a daily basis asking for payments when we are paying every month on time and have not missed a payment. The contract states we can have a 7 day grace period. And we have used it twice. We have a perfect credit history with Aaron’s. We refused to continue to make payments on a TV that is defective and they need to repair the damage to our floors, we are seeking legal counsel for the breach of contract, damage to floors, and fraudulent use of our credit cards. We intend on resolving this matter to our satisfaction. Please advise. Thank you.

Hi J,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate and value you as a cusotomer. We want to help resolve your issues and concerns. In order to assist we need to know your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info as well.We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. -Kala

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We had been treating a tenant's apartment for bed bugs since February of this year. We finally put 2 and 2 together that is when she bought her "New" headboard from Aaron's. We had sent out Exterminators to treat the unit several times. Mattresses had been protected with fully zipped covers from purchase date, so mattresses were not affected. Finally after continuous sleepless nights, tenant decide to take headboard outside and take apart to see if anything was visible. On the way out they dropped the headboard and it came apart revealing 100s of bed bugs between the wooden pieces. Aaron's is not owning up to this situation in no way, shape or form. But all evidence points to this piece of furniture. They said they would come out and clean the other furniture, but that is all the responsibility they are taking after multiple bed bug treatments which are quite costly.

Hi Lisa,

We take bed bug issues very seriously. Can you please email us the first and last name, phone number and zip code listed on the account. In addition, plese send your store info so we can forward to the correct person to get this addressed as soon as possilble. The email address we can be reached at is myexperience@aarons.com. -Kala

Aaron Rents Company Information