Aaron Rents
1.34/5
Based on 130 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

895 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

We had been treating a tenant's apartment for bed bugs since February of this year. We finally put 2 and 2 together that is when she bought her "New" headboard from Aaron's. We had sent out Exterminators to treat the unit several times. Mattresses had been protected with fully zipped covers from purchase date, so mattresses were not affected. Finally after continuous sleepless nights, tenant decide to take headboard outside and take apart to see if anything was visible. On the way out they dropped the headboard and it came apart revealing 100s of bed bugs between the wooden pieces. Aaron's is not owning up to this situation in no way, shape or form. But all evidence points to this piece of furniture. They said they would come out and clean the other furniture, but that is all the responsibility they are taking after multiple bed bug treatments which are quite costly.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I purchased a couch and love seat from Aaron around March. From day one the recliners have not worked properly. I called the store NUMEROUS times and spoke to a lady each time and was told, "Yes ma'am I understand, we have parts ordered." I questioned how do you know which parts to order if no one has ever came and looked at the couch. So here we are months later and no one has yet to come to my house to look at the couch while I'm paying nearly $200 a month for this. On August 3rd, I called and spoke to an evening manager and told her I did not want the set any longer because I am frustrated paying on an expensive couch set that does not function. She said she understood and someone would be there that Saturday to pick it up. Well here we are August 14th and no one has picked up the couch.

Aaron held out a payment on Friday August 10th without my authorization and the evening manager said, "Yes mam I know that we are to come get your couch and I am voiding the payment and that you will see it reversed." Today is August 14th and I called to questioned why my unauthorized debit has not been reversed and spoke to Roderick. I have complained on this man in the past. I feel he is extremely racist toward ** people. He said, "No mam, you have never called and we have no record of that. I cannot give you your money back until we pick up your couch. No one has documented that you have called." I am a highly educated person and I'm NOT untruthful."

The evening manager has spoken to me many times! Yet Roderick treats me as if I am scum and a liar! Y'all need to replace this man! I am extremely angry and now my bills have overdrawn because he will not put my money back in the bank that I DID NOT AUTHORIZE AARON'S TO HOLD OUT TO START WITH! Everyone in this parish will hear of this terrible service I have received from this company!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I went to Aaron's and bought a laptop on payments and had to take back because it was password protected. So was given another one. While still under warranty the hard drive went in it so laptop company sent me a new hard drive at no cost to me and all I had to do was put new hard drive in and send the old hard drive back to the company. I have since paid off the laptop and have no other problems with it. Yes I have paid 3 times what it was worth but I was able to improve my credit. So was worth it in my book. The Aaron's store in Punxsutawney, PA has an amazing staff and my family and I have been getting stuff at Aaron's for years and haven't had any problems.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I rented from Aaron's. I lost my job so I had to return the furniture. I called over 5 times to make arrangements for pickup and they would agree to pick up and they would never come and then say they could get a warrant for my arrest. So, I called corporate office to file a complaint, supposed to hear back within 24-48 hours, heard nothing, sent them 3 more emails, called them back 1 more time, and no response. So I give up. I'm waiting for my warrant they talked about. I tried to give the furniture back. Idk what else to do or who else to call.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My husband and I have been with Aaron (Conyers, GA) a few years and all has been well. UNTIL I have to return something because I can no longer afford it. I have a mattress set that I want to return and I've had to call corporate twice and was told the regional manager would call me within 24/48 hours. No call whatsoever! I'll be glad when I pay the last little bit on my other furniture so I can just be done!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: July 27, 2018

Over a 15 year span, I have been in situations where I NEEDED to rent to own a few things. I've used two different Aaron's due to moving twice. Altoona, P.A. and Indiana P.A. Both agreements went as agreed, no issues at either location. Upon reading reviews, I felt compelled to add my own experiences. The plan is actually pretty black and white. My credit sucked at the time, they gave me the items, let me choose when to pay each month and the transactions were smooth. That's basically it. You pay as agreed and you are fine. They report at the end of your agreement and it will boost your credit score. Literally all you have to do is pay on time.

Stacy (Indiana, P.A. store) is not like ANY of the managers I've seen in these reviews. The key is, just call and let them know. I know at least 5 people who have called with normal (and crazy) situations explaining why they would be late on payments or why they needed them to come get the stuff for whatever reason. She is always professional and understanding. I've had a time or two where they called and reminded me the payment didn't go through... No bad manners, accusations or any of that, just friendly 'you're bank account is too low for the payment'... My fault I would forget to transfer to the right account. I would just transfer over to my bank account and they would run it again, no questions asked.

I've only ever had one issue, junk chairs that came with my table, (2 were broken within 2 weeks just by sitting on them) but then I ordered online so I took that chance by not physically checking them out in person. Still, most of these reviews could be different if people simply paid as agreed. At the same time, managers in some of these stories are insane and shouldn't be working in the management position in the first place. My suggestion is go to the store to choose your items and check them out thoroughly, pay as agreed and be kind. All Aaron's are obviously not ran in the same manner. I consider myself lucky after reading the reviews on this company.

Hi Sheila,

We want to thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know of your experience. We are happy to hear that your experience has been pleasant and want to thank you for being a valued customer. We look forward to working with you again. -Tavius

Original review: July 24, 2018

Aaron are ** bunch of lying ** people that will tell you anything stuck in of buying anything from their store like today they repo my ** because I was 3 weeks behind and I was trying to get help and the money up at the same time. And that what every time they call me she told me that she needs the stuff that was on my account back and if she don’t get stuff back she bringing the law with her to get it back it. And then they came today in brought the cops with them.

Their account manager Katie told me I was a month behind and I know wasn’t then she said it nothing and this the Aaron's in Toccoa, GA. I will never buy nothing else from Aaron anymore. They are the worst store to buy anything out of. Their last employees harassed my friend every single day with more than one phone call and home visit when she had stuff on her account. I think they need close that store down and put something else instead.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My husband purchased a TV from Aaron's Yucca Valley Ca, store from a lying store manager. Her name is Angela. She has only been a manager for less than 2 years and I am sure she is from hell to punish the owner of this franchise. She has taken this store down to nothing, I am a customer of 13 or more years. And have referred hundreds to this store over the years, but now I would not refer my worst enemy to this store to be scammed or ripped off, they even mislead and robbed a blind disable man in a contract! How low can you go? And she told me that I had missed the payoff date for my bedroom. Now I have to pay it out to its terms due to her taking my final payout amount and putting it where she wanted to put it.

Then my husband wanted to surprise me to purchase me a 75". She said one thing out of her mouth that her regional would change the price in the computer. Just sign and they will correct it later! Another Lie, she sent us a used 75" TV that cut off 4 days later, Froze up for 5 minutes at a time, color is off horribly just runs like a use TV. She charged us $5,000 and still the price have not been adjusted. Spoke with some new regional said he wasn’t her buddy, like she has always bragged about, that would do nothing to her, said he would change the price and so far it's been 4 days and now he says he will look into it! Yeah it's her buddy.

I just found out from an ex-employee that use to work there is that she hates ** people and purposely turns down every ** person application that comes in the store. Somebody need to get a hold to the franchise owner and get rid of this buddy system and bring this store back to life and get real experience managers to run this store. Because at the end of the day it’s Sales! That matter and black money is as recognizable as green money! Get rid of the buddy system of dishonest bigots. Because all it take is the right leader to find every one that have denied their civil rights to purchase from that store. And not be denied and be judge by the color of their skin, and not be ripped off because you are old and blind and disable that does not give them the right to hate and to deny anyone the right to purchase in the United States of America.

Class action... I am sure Aaron's should be tired of being sued to death because of the choice not to see the signs that is clear as day! I’m sure this new so call regional will do nothing but, try and trick me into keeping this broke TV, and no that I won't keep a broke TV and this would be her way to finally get rid of another good customer. Congrats Angela you won! For now! But don't worry that owner will eventually pay for not getting rid of you and your buddy system and it will be a high price tag. Like the old manager that she took his job and got all those people fired that had been there for years.

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for sharing. We want to help by making the regional manager aware of your issues. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and iclude your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info. We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Original review: July 20, 2018

I overpaid AARON'S in Middleburg/Orange Park Florida on Blanding Blvd. Tony the manager proceeds to tell me he could not give me a refund due to my many delinquent payments. I replied, "I know my payment history is horrible but it's hasn't been horrible enough for you to repo anything I have purchased." I truly felt like I had been LEGALLY ROBBED! Not to mention his rude tone and demeanor... matched the ROBBERY!!! THIS STORE AND ITS POLICY SUCK! The regional manager called me as well. His attitude was ok in the beginning but worsen toward the end of our conversation. FIVE DAYS LATER THEY RETURNED $180 OUT OF $700! (((AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH AARON'S))).

Hi Cortina,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience! We greatly appreciate and value our cusotmers! We want to help our customers own it! Formal complaints can be addressed if you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com. -Kala

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 16, 2018

I gave Aaron’s in Framingham authorization to charge my debit card one time. They charged it earlier than I requested and caused me a 35 dollar fee. The next month they charged it without authorization. I told them it was only for the 1 time. They did refund my money after a long fight on the phone. The store manager is rude and talks nonstop over you. I asked him never to do it again. He decided to charge it a third time. I promise to advocate against Aaron’s for as long as I live.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing. This is very unfortunate. Happy to address any issue or concerns. We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info. -Kala

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: July 9, 2018

I purchased a 55" in 2014 I was under the impression that I was going to be through paying for it in 24 months. Well when time went by after those months I get a shocker when I called the store and asked, "Why are y'all keep calling me" and one of the workers looked up my account and came back on the phone and said, "Not yet." I asked, "What you mean not yet." He said, "You still have a few months to pay." I said, "I will be damn now that was in 2014. Tell me why in the hell I am still paying for that same TV 4 years later" when I say I truly absolutely hate this company. I would not recommend nobody to this company. And the bad thing about it the President of Aaron don't care as long as he getting money. He don't care about these customers. I SHOULD HAVE WENT TO BEST BUY OR CONN'S IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN ALL THIS. I HATE I EVER RENTED FROM THIS COMPANY.

Hi Demetria,

Happy to address any issue or concern. In order to look more into this we will need you to send us an ermail to myexperience@aarons.com and iclude your first and last name, phone number and the store you leased from info. -Kala

Original review: July 3, 2018

I purchased two tv's from Aaron Rents Furniture Store in Conroe, Texas during a promotional event that they had. Brandon, the store's manager, wrote the contract and told me that I would get a military discount of $100. I set up my payments on automatic draft and paid more than the minimum so that I would not have to pay the exorbitant interest fees. During hurricane Harvey, for some unknown reason, Aaron's failed to take my FINAL payment from my account. In either March or April, Brandon called me to inform me of their SNAFU. Because I am a 100% disabled veteran, I live on a fixed income and did not readily have immediate access to the funds. I told him that I would call the payment in on my next pay date.

I followed through with my word on making the payment, HOWEVER, the employee who took the payment, GAVE ME AN INCORRECT AMOUNT TO PAY!!! Once AGAIN, I get a call from Brandon informing me that I owe an additional $166.85. I ask him "Is this with the military discount applied" and he tells me at this point that I no longer qualify for the military discount. Because I have paid my account in full in such a short time, he's giving me the "90 days same as cash" price. What he is really saying is, "Because we're unable to collect hundreds of dollars in interest rates from you, we are refusing to honor the military discount that we offered you for the inferior products that we sold you at ridiculously high markups for profit. The military doesn't mean anything to us, we just say that to get your business and find some excuse to take it back later."

I'm really NOT AT ALL HAPPY about this so I call his Regional Manager, Roger. Went through the whole explanation with him. He tells me I'm getting a pretty good deal after two months. He hasn't tacked on any late charges or other fees he says, "You're getting a GOOD deal!!!" I tell him to let Brandon know that I WILL DEFINITELY make the payment on July 1st because my funds are committed until then. I'm sitting on my front porch that same afternoon and up walks Vince, the account with paperwork in hand to collect. I looked at him and asked, "Don't you guys talk to each other?" He wanted to know what I meant and admittedly I was a tad bit sarcastic when I responded with, "Doesn't the right hand let the left hand know what it's doing?" He became offended and said that he didn't know what I was talking about.

I explained to him that I had just gotten off the phone with Roger two hours prior and that he was supposed to call Brandon to inform him of my plan to pay on July 1st. He said that Brandon was his boss and the reason why he was at my house. I let Vince know that if poor communication was a problem in their company, I could and should not be held liable for that. I informed him of how I came to owe his company $166.85 and he said that he wasn't there at that time so he didn't know anything about that. I reiterated the problem, in DETAIL to him and asked him VERY, VERY POLITELY to go back to the store to verify this with his boss and to ask his boss (Brandon) to call his General Manager (Roger) to verify and confirm the payment arrangements that I had made with him.

I was extremely upset by Vince coming to my house and attempting to STRONG ARM me into paying and Totally appalled by his rudeness, unprofessionalism, and lack of regard for the truth of what actually happened prior to his arrival at the company showing that the snafu was on the company's side, not not not mine as he assumed!!! As a proactive approach, I filed a complaint with the company's Corporate Office in Atlanta, Georgia. I was given a complaint number: **. It was closed out on July 2nd with NO EXPLANATION!!! When I made the complaint, I was told that I would get a call from Management in the Corporate Office. NEVER HAPPENED!!!

I have since gotten three collection calls from Vince. When I went into the Conroe Tx store to make my payment, both Vince and another guy were sitting in the office. Vince looked up saw me, put his head back down. A young salesperson walked past me, on his way back he asked if I needed help. I asked him if Brandon was in and he asked the two in the office to which they replied that he was at the bank. I told the salesperson my name and told him to have Brandon call me. Brandon didn't call me on July 2nd, however, he had Vince to call me on July 3rd to tell me that he was in the office if I wanted to call him. Brandon I'm the customer, NOT YOUR EMPLOYEE, WIFE, GIRLFRIEND, OR CHILD. Stop playing childish GAMES put on your big boy professionalism, be a man, and do your job!!! Call me when you are in the store so that I can make my Final payment and never never never have to deal with Aaron Rents again!!!

Hi Edwina,

We want to help resolve your issues. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you. -Kala

Original review: July 2, 2018

Aaron's McKellips Rd Mesa - I have had an Awesome relationship with the company for years. I paid off a living room set 1 year early in 2010. I ordered a bed a few months ago. Had to try a few mattresses due to them being too hard. I told them from the start I didn't want a "used" mattress for health reasons. (I'm on chemo and have no immune system). The first one was in plastic with tags on it. They also put a zippered cover on it and the box spring (but tore that one). But was too hard and hurt me. The next one was not in a bag or covered. I put a Bedsack on it but again it hurt. I went into the store to feel the mattresses out. I found a "plush" one that I felt would work. Again I stated I needed a new one.

I was told they didn't have any in the store and would have to wait about a week. So I bought a camping mattress from Target to put on the other mattress to soften it up. The mattress that I was brought, was open, no tags, no cover and had dirt on the side. I put the Bedsack on it and sheets and called it good. Within a week I was having red welts popping up. My grandson was getting welts too. I thought maybe the fabric softener at first and rewashed the bedding without it. The welts were getting worse. I had a patch of bloody looking ones on my leg and sent a picture to my doctor advised me to go to ER for eval because I thought it might have been a spider. NOPE, Bed bugs!!! I called the store only to be met with an attitude that it is My fault. In my 25 years here, I have Never had bed bugs.

The manager came out looking through my room and told me the bed never left her store. Interesting, since it wasn't there when I was! Then she saw a spec on the tile grout on my living room stating it was a bed bug. I lifted it with masking tape. It was a pebble! I told her to get the bed out before the whole house was infested! She said they had to have Orkin come out first! Then an employee came with a mattress cover and put it on. (Little too late). I refuse to pay anymore on this thing and want it out of my house! She is maintaining a bad attitude and blaming me!!! Since I've seen other complaints of the same issue at the same time, it leads me to believe they have a problem! Now other family members are complaining about bites. I have contacted an attorney to see where to go next.

Hi Barbara,

We would love to look more into this. Can you please send an email with your first and last name, phone number and zip code included to myexperience@aarons.com. We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Original review: July 1, 2018

I rented a sofa and loveseat for a year from Aaron's Tamarac. During that time I was charged on the wrong day on 3 separate occasions (I had automatic payments set up). Each time I was told it would never happen again... lies. I finally was fed up and decided to return the furniture. I called days in advance and asked them to pick it up. I was told it could be done on Friday. I waited all day on Friday and they showed up at night. I made them leave paperwork saying that I'd returned the merchandise. I checked my bank account the next day and I was charged yet again for the items I no longer have (my regular due date was the 3rd, I was charged on the 30th). I called the store and the finance manager Albert was rude and dismissive. I told him that they picked up my furniture and that I was charged and he said "did we?" until I told him I had proof. He then seemed annoyed that I returned the items with only 10 payments remaining.

I'm the one losing money. I'm the one whose bank account has been overdraft by his error. I told him I'd be filling a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and he was hostile saying, "Are you threatening me?" and hinting that he could fix it but I guess he wouldn't if I complained. I was then told that I couldn't do anything about it until Monday because the bank was closed and he hung up. This is not how you treat people and I want to tell everyone I can not to deal with that company. I would hate for anyone to be treated the way I was today.

Hi Antoinette,

This is very unfortunate and we truly apologize for the unfortunate experience. Happy to look more into this and address your concerns and issues. We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. Please include first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Original review: June 29, 2018

Ordered a washer and dryer online from Aaron's on a Friday, our local store said they did not have in stock the washer and dryer I wanted and I was going to have to wait until the following Friday June 22, 2018 to receive the "brand new" washer and dryer. Which was fine we were willing to wait. However, 3 days later the following Monday we received a call saying our washer and dryer were ready for delivery June 25, 2018, the delivered in a timely manner. However, upon arrival the washer was dented in 2 areas, there was water in the soap dispenser, and hair. I would like to note the water at the bottom of the washer was From the delivery guy who tested out which water was hot and cold. I have pictures to prove everything as well. We immediately called the store manager who was very rude and still telling us the washer was brand new washer because she had unboxed it herself.

Finally, she said she would order a new one for us, BUT it was supposed to be NEW in the first place! I also immediately made a complaint with customer service so I could speak with a regional manager. The complaint was made June 25, 2018. I was told I'd receive a call within 24-48 hours from a regional manager. Tuesday came no one called, I called the customer service and they says to give it time but they would update my complaint. Wednesday morning I called again and spoke with Leah from customer service and she told me if I emailed back and said I didn't get a call then I would receive a call immediately! I emailed all day Wednesday and never received a call.

Thursday morning I called and spoke with Sean, he said that was a lie and I wouldn't happen that way and to just wait it out, I called again Thursday June 28th around 10 and spoke with another girl and she apologized and said she updated the case as urgent. I called about around 2:00 pm and happen to speak with Sean again and he started harassing me and getting mad for me calling so much and told me to stop calling because it wasn't going to speed up my case. So I then hung up on him for being rude. He proceeds to calls me back and tells me off for hanging up on him and tells me my case wasn't going to be solved if I was going to be rude and hang up on him!!! I called his manager and took care of that situation, the manager Eric told me if the regional manager didn't get back to me within the 48 hour timeline he would update the case to the "provisional manager" who is above regional manager.

Today is Friday the 29th 2018, and still no call from anyway about my case!!! Meanwhile the local manager at my store hasn't given me my refund, I'm out of my money AND washer and dryers. Aarons is absolutely pathetic, DON'T ever use for anything!!! Not to mention the manager here in Portales, NM is being completely rude and thinks we are lying about the washer being used even after she seen all the falls. This WHOLE company is trash and can't accept responsibility for their screw up or even fix the issue. This is so freakin ridiculous. I have pictures of the washer below.

Hi Daniella,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to help get this resolved. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you and getting this resolved! -Kala

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have been renting a washer and dryer with Aaron's since August 2017. In December I fell behind due to medical issues. I called to ask to I could make a partial payment on December 15 (my account due date is the 1st.) I was first told no, because my account was "too new." I called back the next day and explained I needed to make partial payments on 12/15 12/28 and 1/4. I was transferred to Mike who said it was not a problem and to come in and make a 55.00 payment. I went in and the payment went from $55. to 77.00 dollars. I wasn't able to pay my insurance once I paid the 77.00 fee (my payment is 106.74. How is $77 half???)

I went online to pay my other half on 1/28 and it showed a full month due. I didn't have the full month so I waited until the 3rd when my disability check came in. I went online then an paid a full month, still not understanding what was going on, but I wanted the multiple calls a day from the store to stop. I have been paying my bill the first week of the month when I get my check since then. When I looked a bit further, I saw my due date was permanently changed to the 15th of the month. I was never told that my due date was changed. Nor, did I ask for it to be changed.

Dealing with the store I was being transferred to Mike, and I found him to be condescending. He has identified himself as the store manager. So, I stopped answering the phone because it was ridiculous as I signed a contract for the payment to be due on the 1st. I have been paying every month. Last week I received a court summons that was taken out on 6/8/18 by Mike **. I went online because I KNEW I made a payment, and it did show my account current with a payment completed on 6/6/18...

I called Mike and he was horrible. LIE#1: He was snarky and said I wouldn't open my door when they came to my house (they came by ONCE, and not in the previous 3-4 months). LIE#2: He said it was my fault the summons was taken out since I pay my bill late. I advised him I cannot make my payment on the 15th and I never asked for it to be changed to that date. LIE# 3: He said I asked for the date to be changed. (I wouldn't as my check comes on the 3rd). LIE# 4: When I disputed the request for the date change, he raised his voice on the phone and said he told me it was being changed when I came in the store. (He did NOT.)

He then put me on hold to verify if a payment had been made. (It was on 6/6/18). He came back on the line and said it was my fault not his because I pay my bill late (second time he said that.) And if I wanted to change the date back to the 1st (what I signed up for to being with) then I had to make a 90 day payment. Well, I am on disability. I can't make a 90 day payment without paying something else. If I had the money I would return this equipment and go out and buy and washed and dryer. But, I don't.

Mike, once again became passive aggressive on the phone and stopped talking when I asked about the court date of July 1. I asked if I was supposed to go to court and tell the court it was paid when the paperwork was filed, and was current??? He response finally was, "Well, today is the 15th. Are you paying your bill today?" Once again, I can't pay on the 15th. His response was I was going to have to pay the $126 in court costs. I said I would not, as the complaint should never have been taken out, and if he did the right thing by verifying the account was paid or not before he went to the magistrate's office on the 8th, then there would have been no cost to file as there was no reason.

When I asked for his name, he said Michael. He did not want to give me his last name, until I demanded it (as he was the "store manager"). I asked for contact information for the district manager and I was told they don't give out that information. So he gave me the national 800 number. 6/15 I called them and filed a "case" for "OSCAR" the district manager to call me. I was sent an email with a case number and said someone would contact me within 24-48 business hours. No one did...

6/19 I filed a second complaint online via email and received an email saying someone would call within one business day. 6/19 I also went on their website to file a complaint there as well, and the form was not working. If you entered the details in the comment section, it was give an error message. I gave up and sent a msg the form wasn't working. They responded to call (same number I called to begin with...)

6/24 I sent another complaint via email. Still waiting for a response. Clearly they do not respond. I will have to go to court on 7/1/18 to tell them the bill was paid and had been paid 2 days prior to when Michael ** walked into the Magistrate's office. This is ridiculous. I have 2 open cases waiting for the 24 - 48 hour call back. ** opened on 6/15. ** opened on 6/19. Msg Ref:** from the online form sent on 6/19.

Aaron Rents response
    Hi Frances, We are sorry to hear that you encountered a problem during your visit to your local Aaron’s store and thank you for letting us know. Could you email details to myexperience@aarons.com? Please include the primary name on the account, your best contact number, email address and the store that you are working with, This information will be submitted in an issue ticket. The Regional Manager has 24/48 business hours to contact you back in regards to the concern.

Original review: June 24, 2018

So yesterday I went into Aaron's to get a new kitchen table. Remind you I have been with Aaron's for 25 years and always paid everything off. Well the last couple of years has been rough for me and my husband due to his bad car accident and my foot surgery so we was late a few times. This new account manager took me in this room and told me pretty much that he really didn't want me to have it cause he didn't think I could make my payments and just kept on putting me down pretty much. I was not happy at all. I got up and told him I will take my BUSINESS somewhere else and I did. I will never go back there and I will never refer anybody there ever again. He made me feel like a piece of **.

Aaron Rents response
    Hi Sue, We are sorry you weren’t satisfied with your most recent visit. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience possible I would like to look into this, could you please email details to myexperience@aarons.com? Look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: June 24, 2018

On June 22, 2018 Marvin and employee of Aaron's rental Post Oak Road location made an unauthorized debit withdrawal from my account of $75. I have been complaining about bedbugs to the store and I asked him to pick up the bed months ago. When they took the money out of my account my bank froze my acct. My husband went to the store the same day while I was on the phone and requested to see the authorization paper that I suppose of signed with a former employee of yours by the name of Johnny and they could not produce it because I did not give them authorization to go into my account. The store manager there said he was coming to look at the merchandise to see if it was damage with bedbugs. He never came. They just decided to steal my money. What I want to return is all my money back that I paid to your company because the product is damaged. I have proof that it is and I asked him to come and treat the bed and they refuse.

Yes I have paid over the phone before which is should be a couple times maybe three and in person with my debit card but I did not sign any paperwork authorizing anyone to take out of my account. My bed came with bed bug, cover is made out of material and this bed is been sitting in a warehouse for months before I even purchased it. I even asked him to give me another bed. They refused. I explained to him that I thought that the bedbugs was coming out of my wood frame of the base of the bed. They still said they could not help me and I complain to several managers Johnny before he was fired.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Liza, Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please know that we have policies and procedures in place to prevent these types of situations from happening. Could you email me at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, primary name on your lease agreement and the best number to reach you? Thanks, Sabrina

Original review: June 21, 2018

I went you use my PayPal debit card and had insufficient funds. I looked and found Aaron's took a payment from my PayPal, for a two year old closed Aaron's account, where I paid it off in full. The Local store casually said it is a mistake and they will fix it. I had auto pay payments bouncing all over the place and now my card is blocked and I have to wait ten days for another. I did get a refund from Aaron's four days later. Never got any emails or apologies. My financial state now is a mess. I am looking for a lawyer now. I DEMAND full compensation of $1000.00 for harm and damages!!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi David, We are sorry to hear about your recent concerns with Aaron's. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes your name, the local store that you worked with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you!  -Tavius

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was admitted to the hospital on May 3rd. I have spent over 30 days in the hospital having three surgeries consisting of 2 amputations as well as a stroke. Unfortunately, I was still hospitalized on June 1st and missed my payment on a Washer and Dryer. I have never been late prior. I was unconscious and remained that way for days in ICU. When I woke up the local Aaron's store was on my voicemail twice a day every day. On the very first day, I was able to speak, I called the local store from ICU barely able to speak and drooling and apologized. I explained the circumstances and that I couldn't make a payment until I was discharged.

The store continues to call me every day twice a day as if the corporation was going to go bankrupt without my $98. I did not have check cards with me when brought into the hospital. I cannot make a payment until I am released. The local store is more than welcome to come to pick up their equipment as its a rental. However, this heartless souls corporation seems to want money, not their rental back. When I am discharged I will pay what I owe and close my account. I am not interested in dealing with a company that will willingly and knowingly harass someone on their death bed.

Hi Harry,

Can you send an email to myexperienece@aarons.com and please include first and last name, phone number and zip code. We will forward your issues and concerns to the divisional manager. -Kala

Original review: June 13, 2018

I got 2 items from Aaron’s back in 2016. The total value of each is 600.00 for a full size mattress and box spring and 200.00 for a simple quilted headboard. I’ve paid 1200 dollars so far in the span of 18 months and I still have 6 more to go!! And God forbid you’re a day late the way these people stalk you it’s ** disgusting! I will never make this mistake again and work with these scam artists! They are horrible. The worst kind of thieves!

HI Mimi,

Thank you for sharing. So sorry to hear that you feel this way. We greatly appreciate and value your business. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include first and last name and phone number so we can forward your issues and concerns to the divisional manager in your area. -Kala

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have an account with Aaron's at 3254 White Plains Rd, Bronx, NY 10467. On June 8th, I called Aaron's regarding a double payment that was taken out my bank account. The sale associate stated that there was no manager on site, to call back next week. Yesterday, June 12th, 2018, I called and spoke with again an associate, which she stated there was no manager to call back. So, I called back and the associate who refuse to give his name and was so unprofessional puts me on hold for about 30 mins and I even was on hold from my house phone, when he finally return, I was furious, not only my money was taken out my account TWICE, I'm also dealing with unprofessional and dishonest people.

So I decided calling was not working and I will go in person. When I get there, the man who refuse to state his name, which is ** and he is the account manager was the nastiest, disgusting, rude person I've ever dealt with at Aaron's, He told me to ''KISS HIS ** AND GET OUT OF HERE". STUCK UP HIS MIDDLE FINGER AT ME. AND REFUSE TO HELP ME WITH MY SITUATION. I later learn that he was the account manager and he is the one that takes out my money from my account, which makes me uncomfortable with my account and makes me feel that there is illegal business that going on here. I will get my lawyer involve with this situation if this doesn't get dealt with. I expect to be contact at **.

Hi Yvette,

This is very disturbing. We want to look more into this and make the divisional manager aware as well. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Original review: June 12, 2018

This company is the absolute worst to deal with. They do not comprehend that sometimes people have financial trouble. I discovered a few months ago that my new job did not take FED taxes of my check for a full year. Needless to say, I owed 6000 out of pocket in one chunk. I am still having issues with paying bills and paying my monthly fee for Aaron Rents on time. STAY AWAY from renting with this company. They will call you every day if your payment is late and leave messages. The manager will call your phone and leave messages, and THEY EVEN SHOW UP AT YOUR HOME. I am appalled that they show up at your home. And I live in an Apt building so someone has to actually let that person in. Cannot wait to pay off this lease and never have to deal with this company ever again. WORST. EVER.

Hi Alison,

We are sorry to hear that about your recent experience.Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? -Tavius

Original review: June 7, 2018

I've been dealing with Aaron Rents for a couple months. Recently my father passed away and I was gone for about a month-and-a-half not realizing about Aaron's. I told them what happened and they told me I owe them $300. I agreed to pay them on the 1st of June but I got fired and I don't have a TV so I called them and ask them what can I do to keep my TV. They're sending me threats telling me they're going to send the police to my house. I don't want that. I have kids to worry about. I'm still waiting on my taxes. I'm going to pay them with that but I don't know when they will release it.

Aaron Rents response

We’d be happy to look into this for you. Could you email me at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, primary name on your agreement and phone number? You may also contact your General Manager at your local store to further help you.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I DONT WANT TO GIVE THEM A ONE STAR. Worse business ever. Went in because our dryer died. Was told Dryer at store had been rented for 1 to 2 week previously lies, lies, lies. It had been rented for 8 months previously. Lint was all over the place when delivered (sidewalk, steps, floors). The one delivery man was very nasty about having to bring the dryer up our (14) steps in front of the house and to our porch. There were no levelling feet so we called and was promised next day delivery DID NOT HAPPEN.

Following day I come home and they are on porch. I called the store because there were marks on top of dryer. I asked the person who answered the phone EXACTLY how long dryer has previously been leased. He checked and told me 8 months. Maybe to some the amount of time it was leased previously does not make a difference. It does to us. The worse part is we were LIED to. Hard to trust a business when they lie to you. SARAH made us a deal. She would get us a brand new one for the same contract time and amount. NO NO NO SARAH. And yes I am waiting for District manager (Camp Hill, PA) to call because I did call the corporate office and complained. Time for people to stop taking Aaron’s crap and start calling Corporate Office and complain. WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT AARON RENTS AGAIN.

Aaron Rents response

I am sorry to hear this and please know we take these matters very seriously. So that this is resolved within a timely manner could you email me at myexperience@aarons.com with your local Aaron’s store and the best contact number to reach you?

Resolution response: July 28, 2018

As to my review on the chest freezer, I am very happy to say they replaced it with a brand new one. I asked if any extra money. They told me no. So far everything is fine. Back to paying payments. Freezer is great. I still don't agree with the late fee but so far everything is okay.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Gloucester, VA - After paying off washer and dryer got a computer and cube freezer. Never been late or behind on any payments. I had the freezer only 8 months and the compressor went. Everything in the freezer was defrosted and ruined. My payments run from the 1st to the 1st of each month. I called them on a Tuesday. They wasn't sending anyone out until Thursday. With everything unthawed I had to get it cleaned out. Made my payment for computer on 1st. Repairman did not give me any paperwork or when to expect the freezer back.

On the 6th of the month they called wanting the payment for freezer. I told them they took it and didn't replace it with one. I wanted to know when the freezer would be back. He couldn't tell me but wanted the payment. So I paid the payment plus he added a $5.00 late fee. Never was late with any payments. Now I paid the payment and late fee and no freezer to use. I was going to pay off these items and buy a tv and livingroom set from them but now I am paying off the items and not buying another thing and hope I get my freezer back soon.

Aaron Rents response

So sorry to hear this, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to further look into this. Please email us at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, primary name on your lease agreement and the best number to reach you. Thanks, Sabrina

Original review: June 5, 2018

Aaron’s delivered washer dryer and put in my laundry room. Was in a rush and didn’t check room before I left. When I came to move in two days later I saw the floor all tore up. I called the office and the manager pretty much told me it was my fault because I should have been watching them 24/7, also that they aren’t allowed to put in laundry room (due to the fact that they could ruin floors, delivery guys never told me of this and put it in there anyway). Delivery guys also just pushed the flooring down to try and hide it and never told me. Manager also told me there’s nothing he could do about it because “This is just what happens when you move heavy items over linoleum flooring.” Completely ridiculous.... and to think my family and I get a lot of items from this store. Never again after I pay off my accounts.

Aaron Rents response

Oh no - sounds frustrating. Could you email myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, phone number and details?

Thanks, Sabrina

Original review: June 4, 2018

I got put off my job for medical leave but only had one payment left on the couch of 72 dollars. I got the customary calls asking for my last payment. I explained my situation and offered to pay half. I was advised that only 51 dollars was going to do. I only had 40 on me so I went into the store to pay that and the man behind the counter became really hostile, talking about repossessing the couch for 36 dollars left on it. I have paid about a thousand dollars on a couch that isn't worth that much and I don't appreciate being harassed and threatened over a trivial amount of money. I plan on paying it off and never doing business with Aaron's again, and I'll never recommend them either.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jamie, Thanks for letting us know and we are sorry you feel this way. Could you email me the details of your experience the store you were dealing with and a good number to reach you to myexperience@aarons.com?

Thanks, Sabrina

Original review: May 30, 2018

My dad died beginning of the year and a week later I went into premature labor relieving my baby almost 4 months early. I was unable to work yet Aaron came to my home afterwards demanding payment disregarding the medical issues I had and the death of my dad. Recently I moved and I never gave them my new address and somehow they showed up at my new address. I don’t have much to pay on the items I have. I just want them to leave me alone and stop showing up at my home and charging me gas for their time coming here. This company is all about money and not Realizing emergencies happen. When I am done paying for the items I want to Aaron to shred all my information and I will never use them again. They have no right to come to my home and I didn’t even inform them yet of my new address.

Hi Debreka,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 28, 2018

Purchased a Samsung phone. They set the software so they can track it which is fine but they did not tell me that in doing so they bump the Knox. That makes the Samsung warranty void. Then I find out it also stops automatic updates of the software. So as the updates come through for the phone and mine can't update. less and less is compatible with my phone because it is stuck at 3 or so versions behind where it should be. So thinking once the phone is paid off their software will be removed and my phone would then update. Not the case. The phone is paid off and their tracking software is still on it and I can't delete it.

I contacted customer service. They sent me a link from the internet to jailbreak and flash my phone using 2 or 3 different kinds of software and it had a warning that If done incorrectly it could make the phone unusable. I have a 1000 dollar paper weight now. It is good for absolutely nothing except being a paper weight. Do yourself a favor and save for what you need and buy it from a real store.

Aaron Rents response

I’m sorry this happened and the store should have notified you of this. Could you email us at myexperience@aarons.com with details? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Sabrina

Not sure about Aaron Rents?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Aaron Rents Company Information

Atlanta
    GA
    www.aarons.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business