Aaron Rents
3.16/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had a great experience with Aaron's Furniture at the McHenry, IL location. First the lady named April once I told her what I was looking for she helped me find a sectional couch in the color I wanted with pillows included at a great price. My couch was delivered within a week or so of signing my paperwork. They arrived early and the delivers Leo and Felipe was awesome as well. They carefully brought in my furniture to my place. Set it up nicely and neatly. Very professional and respectful. I highly recommend them.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Music, Thank you for your business. It is our pleasure to work with you. ---Chelle

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have been a customer of the same Aaron’s for over 8 years. It’s convenient! Yes it’s expensive but it’s a choice you make when you sign up. They do lease previously owned items for less. I did have one horrible experience with a bedroom set but it was taken care of after hours on the phone. It was returned to the store!!! Sometimes they get customers that don’t pay whether they have fallen on financial hardship or are just scamming the company. They don’t have much of a dining room selection which really sucks!

Hi Diane, Thank you for your business. ---Chelle

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've been renting from Aaron's in Bolingbrook IL for about 8 years now. From Day one Aaron's have treated me like I was family. It wasn't all about me purchasing something from the store. They really wanted people like me who have challenging credit or not enough money for a downpayment to experience having some beautiful Furniture, sleeping in a bed of your choice. And if you're still going to the laundromat you might as well take what your spending on washing a month and invest in a washing machines and dryer from Aaron's. You could own it within 12 months. It's all up to us to take advantage of all the blessings that Aaron's have waiting for us. And a wonderful staff of people who is waiting to serve you!

Hi Wynonia,

We would just like to say thank you for being a part of our family. We are very grateful for your continued patronage because we wouldn’t be here without loyal customers like you. You could have chosen any other business, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you, again, and have a great day! -Tavius

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

As a single mom raising 3 children, Aaron was a great alternative to fit the needs of my household and still is today. The plasma TV served us well and I passed it on to my eldest son as a housewarming gift 9 years ago. He still has it. ??? Any problems were always resolved with replacements and/or repairs and customer service is crazy good. Still a customer after 30 years. After reading all the negative reviews, I felt compelled to write something positive. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to my Aaron family in Moore, Oklahoma.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Lisa, We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Have a Happy Holidays!!!! ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Me and my wife have been renting for a couple years now, and let me tell you we have been treated absolutely great. We live in Oakland M.D. The store manager Nick is FANTASTIC. He makes sure we have whatever we need, fixes any issues immediately, never bullies us or gets on us about our payments which we always pay regardless if we're slightly late or not. If he does not have what we're looking for he gets it and makes sure it's in top quality. Me and my wife are grateful of this because I've been battling cancer for 8 years now so knowing a great Store manager like Nick is working there, taking care of people like us and being fair this guy deserves a massive raise.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you. ---Chelle

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have been renting with Aaron’s for almost 2 years now. I have never had an issue or problem, and they’ve always been helpful for me. This past August, I had to send back my washer for service repairs. They temporarily replaced my washer with their loaner, which was the same brand but much older, and much more used, (regardless of this, I’m glad they gave me a temporary washer). I was told it would be about 2-4 weeks, but they would call me when it was ready. After about 6 weeks or so, I had not received a call so I called the store myself. I spoke with the store manager who said it was done and in store and they would deliver it the following day. No one ever showed.

So I called again and spoke with someone else, who is the “delivery scheduler” who told me don’t schedule with anyone but her. I explained the situation as I had been waiting now for my washer for 2 months, and I was told “we tried to call you multiple times, you never answered and your voicemail box is full.” I informed her I never received any calls and it is indeed not full. She told me “that’s a lie and me not getting my washer is actually messing up her inventory.” I was so angry that I was being told this was my fault so I just scheduled a delivery time and hung up. Again, NO ONE SHOWED OR CALLED. So we did this TWO more times, and scheduled two more delivery dates.

The most recent one, (10/29/19) I asked for it to be delivered between 12-5pm, as I had school at 6pm. The scheduler said no problem. She would take care of it. Well by 530 pm I had to leave and still no delivery. I called her back directly and informed her of this and she stated “sorry we got our inventory truck today and it’s just been busy so they couldn’t come.” I told her I understood but then she informed me that I would not be getting my washer back that I have spent the last two years paying for (and am only $100 away from paying off) because I took too long to have it delivered. She informed me that I could keep the dirty beat up loaner, and while I still had to pay for it, it would be about $20 less than what I owed on the brand new washer I leased two years ago.

I was never informed this would happen, and I was fed up so I called customer service and filed an issue ticket. He informed me that it would be sent to the regional manager, and I would be contacted within 3 days and if I hadn’t been to reply to the email he was going to send me. Well I didn’t receive a call after 3 days (to no surprise) so I replied to the email as I was informed to. Still no response to that, or phone call and it’s now been 6 days. I am absolutely disgusted and am ready to return the other item I have leased and never rent from them again. Save yourself a headache and go somewhere else.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Lora, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as this is not what we would have expected you to have gone through. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I've been renting from Aaron's off and on for 2 years. Initially I was told that any money I've paid into Aaron's rolls over into all Aaron's locations if I needed to return furniture to move. This was NOT true, according to the Aaron's in Lubbock Texas that is at a "per store discretion" so I should have just kept my furniture set. So my money is just gone on that.

I decided to simply open a new account understanding that my money was just lost in Aaron's Lalaland. I've paid my payments for 14 months or longer, never missing a payment. I fell on hard times, lost my job. The oilfield is crooked like that. I called Aaron's to extend my payment and disclosed I have NO AVAILABLE MONEY to give at that time. If anyone knows west Texas it's expensive to survive here, rent is high, utilities are outrageous, etc, when I say I have NOTHING available to give I truly mean it.

The person I spoke to named Chris said I needed to give them x amount of money in order for them to extend my payment date for me, he also noted that he sees in my account that I've paid every payment and am a loyal customer but stated I need to give them money right then during the call to show "good faith". Uh? Isn't 14 months of payments "good faith" worthy? Chris was very rude and demanding, I stated over and over that I did not have any cash to give. I grew tired of Chris' crap and hung up on him.

I, as well as my references are receiving a multitude of phone calls all day long from Aaron's. Where is Aaron's loyalty and integrity regarding their loyal customers? What's the point of being a loyal customer if this is how Aaron's employees behave? I went from being "Terrific" to "Not worth **" in Aaron's company eyes because I'm late on 1 payment. Disgusting Aaron's.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Ryan, This would not be the experience we would have expected you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

So i decided to rent from Aaron's 1st time ever in June of this yr. Well one person called me. Said I wasn't approved for the bedroom then 2 weeks later the manager of Greer SC Aaron's called me and said I was approved and when they would bring it out. So they bought it out. Couple months after my mom got sick had to go to GA and be by her side so I wasn't working. Week later my mom passed. I called and told them this. Kept in contact with them.

One of the employees Nicole was a **. I'm sorry. She was rude and didn't care what was going on. I'm still in pain and at that time I was hysterical. Now they sending me letters and threatening calls. When I told them to pick it up I didn't care. The nice employee was like, "No we gonna work with you. Let us know when you can come in and make arrangements" and now this Nicole person sent me a letter. It makes no sense to be so rude to people. Things happen that we cannot help and these people don't care at all. I will never go to them again. Totally unprofessional!!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Patricia, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

I have been an Aaron's customer for 3 years. Now I am on my 2nd lease or rent to own, and the first time was absolutely great. The service was great and all the people involved. However this time around hasn't been good at all and I am regretting walking in the front door. The guy behind the desk was ignorant from the beginning with me and I still went through with my lease anyways. I am a year into it and I have made all of my payments and my last one is where my issue lies. I was in the bank when the teller is going over what payments were taking out and she said one of them was my Aaron's payment and it was the 27th they took it out "when my payment isn't due until the first." It was also for around $15 more than my bill should have been.

When I walked out I had an email from Aaron's and I replied saying that I didn't appreciate them taking my money early and if it happened again I would shut off their access. A few days later I had broken my cell and went a week or two without it but hadn't thought a thing of it. When I got a new cell I had all kinds of messages saying I was late and everything and they had even called my references. Before calling back I made a call to my bank again seeing if I either misheard them or payment bounced back or something and they had confirmed it went through on that day and said I could do a 3 way phone call with them to confirm so I agreed and wanted to call Aaron's first to talk to them and let them know the plan.

When I told the first girl I talked to about the email I sent she snapped at me saying that wasn't what I was ever to do because that goes to corporate and that they were the only ones I was to go too when I had an issue. So I went on telling her and told her Driving wasn't in the question for me since I do not currently have my license, live far into the country and moved over an hour away from family or friends for work. Upon my second call in they were Absolutely disrespectful and condescending when they talked to me after I explained to them the situation pretty much calling me a liar and they agreed they would talk to my bank about it. "I am assuming because he thought I was lying".

As soon as they said that my bank was actually waiting and suggesting we do a 3 way phone call their whole demeanor changed and suddenly they were too busy and on top of that, didn't want me to add the bank into our current call and demanded I bring in statements. I had told them several times that would be very hard for me and it would cost me more money to pay for a ride in. So I let him off the phone knowing that I was going to call my bank and then add them into the call so they didn't have a choice "because that's all they originally asked for and needed from me". So I got the nice lady on the bank and we called and the guy who originally signed me up answered and was completely arrogant about it.

The lady introduced herself and presented herself in a professional manner and then proceded to go over my statement confirming the payment date, amount and everything needed to prove not only was the payment made, but it was taking out early, and for more money than my Bill is. The guy got a huge attitude and said he's not discussing anything over the phone. It was so unprofessional that I was embarrased at how he acted with my bank listening, it made me feel like I am lower class for doing business with them. She even at one point said that I wasn't lying and stuck up for me.

The way they have talked to me and basically yelled at me that I NEED TO GO GET THIS AND DO THAT RIGHT NOW! Like I needed to right my wrong, has me torn between just giving them the computer that I've paid 1000 dollars off of already just out of principal. They have been to my house several times I've seen notes on my door and to be honest I just want to wipe my hands clean of it all. As all this goes on I'm going through a lot of pretty bad situations and some big losses in my life that are much more important to me than this computer. I needed this computer for work and I have thousands of dollars in software on it that by far outweigh the cost of the computer itself, but this just turned into something that just isn't worth it to me right now.

I'm not writing this review to get help on my end, quite frankly I don't want to even pursue it, I'm writing to get this out there and even more so that even though this was extremely unpleasant situation, one branch doesn't make a company bad. The first time through was awesome and I still have my tv and stuff from them. Aaron's is a great concept and the idea of helping people who can't get financed and be able to afford the nice things they want, is amazing and no one can argue that. I wanted a nice computer that I couldn't afford it all at once, and had it not been for them I wouldn't have had it.

Unfortunately I am not going to be ending my lease because I can't afford it, I'm ending it because one bad branch out of many good ones, crossed a moral line with me and I'm willing to give up the money for how they treated me and to ensure I wouldn't be treated like that again. These people with bad reviews on here dealt with people like I did. The companys itself all in all is one that just gives people a chance to have nice things. That's it. Maybe at a little bit more of a cost but if you can't understand why then you are being selfish wanting a handout in my opinion. Thanks Aaron's. I'm sorry that I found one of your bad apples.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Matthew, We are sorry to hear of your experience as this would not be what we would have expected to happen. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

So, on the 29th of September, I picked out a love seat and chair to lease for my apartment. I paid my $5.00 fee for the lease application and the agreement was for a delivery date of the 15th of October. This seemed a little bit of a long time to wait, but I decided that I could deal with that. This was the last form of communication I had with Aaron's until today, the 22nd of October. I simply told the individual on the phone that I was not interested in the lease, and that I have gone another direction. Simply put, if you plan on doing business with Aaron's, be prepared to be forgotten about until they are ready.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Lawrence, We are sorry to hear of your experience. Upon completing your online order you receive a confirmation email. Within the email includes order tracking where you are able to to track the progress of your order. Unfortunately you do not receive any communication after that until the store receives the merchandise to arrange your delivery with you. ---Chelle

Aaron Rents Company Information