Aaron Rents
1.39/5
  • 1 star
Based on 97 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com for the opportunity to resolve your concerns prior to posting a review.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 20, 2018

811 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We rented a washer & dryer approximately 2 & 1/2 years ago. Had no problems at first. Made my payments monthly at $130.00 a month. Then my husband changed jobs & we asked for help to skip a payment. They agreed. When I start making the payments again we went to twice a month instead of once a month... I continued to make my payments on time & I went back to rent a computer as mine had died... That is when I was told that I was behind on my payments & couldn't rent the computer until I was caught up. After talking with the guy who usually took my payments & the manager they fixed the problem & I rented the computer. Then they told me it was my fault as I had gotten behind on my payments... which I had not! I rented the computer for $35 a month but returned it after 4 days because I didn't like it & it had other people's information on it.

When I returned it I asked about the $35 dollars & was told I actually didn't pay anything that they had used a free month on that rental & had put the money towards the washer & dryer. I had no proof that they hadn't & kept making my payments on the washer & dryer. Then one evening I get a call from a man at Aaron's telling me I am behind on my payments again & I need to pay the payment & a late fee... I was busy & so I did. Then he tells me to come in as soon as possible & sign another agreement because I am behind & they want to go over my contract with me. I go into the store the next day & they say no you aren't behind you are fine.

Ok now I realize I am paying $150 a month instead of $130. He says that it's ok. It will all come out in the end... So fast forward a few weeks & I make a payment. Say to the lady taking my payment, "You charged me another late fee so I'm going to change it to once a month again." This is like the 28th ish of the month. She says, "Come in on the 1st & pay your whole payment." The 1st comes & I realize I can't pay that much after just paying a payment. So I have till the 15th to make my 1/2 payment. A few days later a friend text to say that Aaron's is looking for me... I was shocked since I didn't get a call... I've been paying my bill & communicating with them for 2+ year same number. I come home the next day to find a door hanger saying to call them but it was late in the evening & so I decided to go first thing the next morning. It was like the 12th so I had 3 days till my payment was due.

The next morning Saturday 8 am I'm in the shower & hear my phone ring. I get out to find it's Aaron's! First time to get a call. Before I am even dressed Saturday morning 2 days till my payment is due they are pounding on my door! I open the door in my towel & the employee on my doorstep says, "It looks as though I've caught you at a bad time. I need you to come to the store!!!" I said, "I'm done!! Get these things out of my house!!!" I call to tell them how pissed I am & I'm told, "It couldn't have been us. We aren't even open yet!!!"

Really? Really? So I tell them, "I'm done. Come get the washer & dryer..." So that is Saturday, then Sunday then Monday I was told Saturday they would be there some time by Tuesday at 2pm... So 1:30 rolls around & I call them To say, "When are you coming to get the washer & dryer..." He said, "Oh you want them picked up?? You're not on my schedule..." Seriously. They were so worried about the money that they come 2 days early beating on my door & now they can't fit in coming to get the items... Finally about an hour later a young man comes & picks up the washer & dryer... So then stupid me I sit down, do some math & figure out my pay off was 2,500. & change & I have paid well over 3,200... But I paid mostly in cash & since the receipts are so tiny I can't find hardly any of them... So I'm screwed!! My advice GO TO SEARS!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

We rented a bed set and the guy we were working with said our payments would be due on the 15 of every month but now they want to repo our stuff because they say we are late. For one they started calling the day before it was due and one guy I talked to said we could pay off when we get our taxes. The guy said that would be fine but another guy told us we couldn't that they needed money. They kept calling me wanting my husband. I gave the guy his number. When I husband called and asked them why they kept calling me they guy lied to my husband saying I never gave him his number and claimed we were always late on our payments. How was that when it was supposed to be due on the 15 but they wanted money on the 1st. I think Aaron need to get their associates on the same page so people don't get confused or not late. We won't be renting from them and we will let our friends and family members know how they are.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

We rented furniture from them and have discovered bugs in our home. They are not willing to do anything about it. I am going to get an attorney. I have already contacted one and have Orkin to come out and check out our home. Aaron is all over the internet about these bugs and selling to people furniture that are infested with this problem.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

On January 12, 2018 your Aaron Rents' Ass. name John called my phone in reference of an partial payment on our account. So when I ask why you didn't call my husband who name is on the account you lie and say you don't have his number and I say that not true but he's not home so I hung up and then John call me back. At that point my husband walking there the door so I say, "Call his phone stop calling me." He then has the all audacity to call me an idiot and then hung up in my face and turned around and called my husband after he lied and said he didn't have his number. So, "Why," husband asked John, "did you just call my wife an idiot?" He said yes he did so we asked for corporate number. He says corporate don't run his store he do.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I understood the terms of my agreement and I tried to keep up with payments. However, the store kept wanting me to drive all the way across town to make the payments in person knowing good and well I don't get off in time to go in. When I would try to log into the site, I keep getting redirected and then my pop-up blocker kept telling me that the Aaron's site was trying to redirect me to another site. Now, I've got a bunch of letters piled up in boxes, not sure which ones are from Aaron since I've been so busy (as a single parent) that I've no clue what's left on that old account.

I know that my account was handed off to some legal department, but now people who I'm related to but never put down as references or contacts are getting a call about a civil case pending against me all of a sudden. The number they were given is for a phone number that comes back as a spam number, and the "reference number" they told me was given to this family member as a Civil Case number but the woman who answered the phone as an operator insisted it was a reference number for the account.

I never got to speak to the supposed woman who called this family member, as the "operator" never transferred me or my trusted person to her "desk". It was clearly a Call center and the person who answered never directly answered my question about this supposed Civil Case number. The furniture that I did get from Aaron's has been falling apart since it was "assembled." The washer/dryer unit has had to be repaired out of pocket every 4-5 months, and what is even more astounding is that I'm just now getting any response about it despite being given the run around about it for way too long.

Hi Elizabeth,

We do offer other ways to pay your bill, such as online, over the phone and Ez Pay where you can set up auto payment every month. We would love to address your issues and concerns and resolve them as well! Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code so we can address this! We look forward to hearing from you!

Kala

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's INC?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My husband Vincent ** leased a 65" RCA Smart TV 11/18/2015. It was paid in full April 2017. 6 months later it went off and would not turn on again. He called the store in Suffolk, VA. To see what they would be able to do because we did not have an extended warranty. He was told to bring it in and that they have been having problems with other RCA TVs. We had already googled RCA and found lots of complaints about their products. He took the tv in thinking they would repair it only to be called 3 weeks later and saying they were not going to fix it because he had no warranty. We have TVs we paid way less for to last 10 years for this expensive one to last only a year and a half. I feel they need to stand behind their products good or bad. A dissatisfied customer is not a returning or referring customer. First time there and last time there.

Hi Louvoar,

This is very unfortunate. We greatly appreciate your business and would love to look more into this for you. Please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code listed on the account. We want to help as much as possible.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

2 years ago I bought a used refrigerator and a couch loveseat set. The refrigerator was 53 a month for 12 months. After the store changed employees, they continued to take the money out for this refrigerator for another year. I've confronted them about this and they insist it was new. It had a dent when I bought it and I've paid way more than it was worth. Shelves constantly fall out. It's been a very bad experience and I will never use them again.

Hi Sandra,

This is very unfortunate. We would love to look more into this for you! What is the first and last name, phone numbe and zip code listed on the account. In addition, what store did you lease the item from, what is the store address? We need as much info as possible to address this issue with the correct person. We look forward to hearing from you!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The Aaron on Two Notch in Columbia SC leased my family a Couch in which had bed bugs. I called and complained and they sent a pest company to my home. The pest company found nothing. A couple months later I seen bed bugs in my home, my husband, children and myself have been bitten and nothing has been done yet.

Hi Ashley,

This is very unfortuante. We take issues of such very seriously. What is your first and last name, phone number, zip code and the store info that you leased from so we escalate this issue and have it addressed immediately. We look forward to hearing from you!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We just wanted to let you know that we were instructed by Aaron Rents corporate office to contact our local Aaron's store and our local Aaron's store instructed us to contact Aaron's national help center and Aaron's national help center instructed us to re-contact our local Aaron's store. None of our issues, for over two years now, have ever been fully addressed or resolved. All of our on-time, never missed or never late payments haven’t been reported to any credit bureaus at all but Aaron's constantly uses the threat of reporting any missed or late payments to the credit bureaus, on their customers. We still can’t log into our Aaron's online account and this after we’ve endlessly requested the resetting of our password but never received the password resetting email Aaron's website keeps endlessly confirming we’re going to receive.

Plus no one at Aaron's 800 customer service department nor at our local Aaron's store can verify or confirm the number of payments we made towards or have left to pay on our LG 65” Smart TV and Sound Bar agreement. Our fact-finding and information gathering investigative report has been ongoing for over two years now and nothing has ever changed towards a more positive outcome. On Friday, January 5th, 2018, we’re going to submit our full fact-finding and information gathering investigative report to the New York Attorney General's Office, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA), New York State Department of State/Consumer Protection Division/Board and media outlets. Furthermore we’re also going to be posting it on all social media. Along with our investigative report, we’re also going to be submitting or posting the endless Aaron’s related complaints posted on the throughout the Internet.

Aaron's negative and conniving business practices and delaying tactics are totally unfair, deceitful, unacceptable, inexcusable and must be stopped!!!! Enough is enough, our patience has totally run out and we’re not going to play Aaron's unprofessional, misinforming, misleading, delaying, deceitful, demeaning and conniving games anymore!!!!

Hi Nelson,

Please sned an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include the first and last name listed on the account, your phone number, zip code and the store you leased from info. We want to help resolve your concerns and issues!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I have bought 4 things from there. 2 are good 2 I have had nothing but problems with and I was told due to negligence they won't fix. I have a bed that my kids can't even sleep in because the leg broke from one time moving it. They came out there, looked at, even sent picture to manager and said they be back to fix and never fixed. That was almost a year ago and payments get made maybe a little late but it's been 2 years and still not paid off. The couch and chair I got great. No problems. But the bed will cost me out of pocket over 300.00.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would love to look more into this and see what casn be done to resolve this. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We need to look your account up and make upper management aware. We look forward to hearing from you!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I decided to look into renting a washer/dryer combo from Aaron's using their online application services and found out I was approved and delivery was set up for the following week for a brand new set. Well the date I was told came and went so I called the store and was told it would be another week before I could get the washer and dryer so I asked them if they had one in the store that could be delivered and was told they had one that was pre-leased but did work and was not damaged so I agreed as I did not want to be making payments on something I did not have in my home. When they delivered it I was told the price would be adjusted as the one I was getting was not new and was a different model but I could still make my payments online. I made a few payments online. Often calling. Wanting to know why I was still paying the new price for a used item and was told it was being looked into.

Well in November my stove died so my roommate decided to rent one from Aaron's and it was delivered and then was told the plugs were not the same so they needed to get one and come back to fix it. Well they did and then when time for us to make our payments in December we both went online and to our surprise both of our payments had doubled to almost 150.00 each. When we inquired about this they said it was due to the fact we both owed for the month prior. Well when I called the store a guy named Reggie said he was the local manager for the store and proceeded to speak to me about my roommate's account and said if I wanted him to finish fixing the issues with my account I needed to come in the store and pay 132.00 and then he could finish fixing the problems. Well I told him I made a payment in November.

He decided he wanted me to come in the store and made an appointment for me to come in and then on the date I was suppose to come in I get a phone call saying he is at a store in another city and he needs me to come to that store and speak to him. I refused as I am not traveling 35 miles one way just to speak to someone with no sure resolution made as I told him I am not paying 132.00 for something when I don't owe that much. So I contacted the online customer service to discuss my account and was told someone had canceled the contract I did online and that I had made one in the local store, well this made me rather upset considering I have never been in the local store and don't know who made the account for me.

Well I was told an inquiry would be sent to the regional manager and they would be calling me within 24-48 hours. I never got the phone call or any message from them. Well now for the past 3 days they have been coming to my house, calling my home and friends back to back from various numbers. The day before yesterday they came to my home and banged on my door for 45 minutes as I was not home but they disturbed my neighbor with their excessive banging. Yesterday they came to my home after the store had closed and proceeded to bang on my door and honk horns and again I was not home but my very annoyed neighbor told me all about it as well as the time. I had to apologize to my neighbor once again as I was at work.

Well they came back today and decided to speak to my 3rd roommate about my financial business and tell him all about my account as well as my other roommates account, and then told him to tell me I needed to come in and pay 132.00 for my account and my roommates account together as I am being held responsible for her account since we have the same phone number, and I needed to be in the office today no later than 3pm or the guy Reggie would be back out here to my home once again today.

And what is worse is they are threatening my roommate claiming they are going to have her arrested and jailed for stealing their property and she has been trying to make a payment but her payments are 54.00 a month but now they are wanting her to pay 129.00 for one month and she told them that is not what she owes and they have even admitted she is right but refuse to fix the issue. When we called in and told them we did not want to speak to Reggie as he claims he is the general manager for our local store we were told well there is nothing no one can do and we just need to leave a message on the website. We will never ever rent nothing from Aaron's again and regret even renting from them to start with.

Hi K.B.,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com. Please include the first and last name listed on the account, your phone number and zip code so we can escalate the issue and send to upper management to see what can be done to resolve.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I ordered a leather 2 piece sectional from Aaron's in Rockaway NJ. When the movers came a few days later they basically rammed and shoved the sectional into our apartment. After they unwrapped the sectional we noticed the wood was all broken poking through the leather. They also tore the cushion. I called and put in an order to have it fixed. The manager informed me the repair specialist would come assess the couch within a week.

A month and 5 calls later no repairs were made. This went on for over a YEAR!!! No one ever showed up! So we get a new house and called Aaron's to move the sectional to the new place. The movers came 4 days after they were supposed to. They basically finished off the sectional and didn't want to load it into the truck (the truck was completely full) so they beat this thing back up the stairs and told me that the sectional was a complete loss and would be replaced. They informed me to call the store in Rockaway and speak with the manager (Harlin). After Harlin spoke with the movers (took pictures) he agreed that the sectional was destroyed and said he would put in a replacement order. Harlin called me back around 3 hours later and told me to throw the couch out it was going to be replaced. I was told the order for a new couch was going to take a week or so to go through.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I am told that I am approved for a used couch. A USED COUCH! I paid for a new couch. The movers destroyed it. The management never came to fix it. Now because a year went by because of Aaron's negligence by not sending a repairman for day 1 I'm forced to take some used couch. I paid good money for this sectional and was a good customer and this is what I have to deal with? To add insult to injury even if I were to take the "used" sectional I have to wait for one to come in. This is insane. Christmas is a few days away and we can't even have our family come up because we have nowhere sit. I cannot place this blame on Harlin. He did what he could the fault is with the manager that was there before him (apparently fired). He had the reports in the computer according to Harlin but never did anything. This is not how you run a company.

Hi Joshua,

This is very unfortunate. Thank you for making us aware. We want to help resolve the issues you are having. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com ans include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We want to help as much as possible.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I went to the Lewiston, Maine Aaron's and rented a apartment size GE washer and dryer on December 5th. 2017. We told them it couldn't be delivered until the 18th of December. It was a Pre-leased set. They delivered it and didn't even have the right fixtures to use it on the faucet like it's suppose to have. They come back and supposedly fix it and left. It's now the 19th. And I try to wash my first load and the whole load of water drained out onto the floor.

I called and they wanted us to wait until the next day to come fix it even though I now have a whole load of soaked laundry in the washing machine that hasn't been spun out. So I told them to come pick it up and I want a refund. He tells me they don't give refunds, which I know is false, so I called corporate. I've had problems with this store in the past and had to call Aaron's corporate before. Such as renting a new laptop that they didn't want to fix when Scott worked there. This is a terrible store and I will not be going back again.

Hi Joseph and Cynthia,

This is very unfortuante. We want to hear more about this issue and see else can be done to resolve. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, the store that you leased from info, yout phone number and zip code so we can pull your account up. We look forward to hearing from you!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

Ordered a Xbox One X online. Was easy to do online, was approved "so I thought" got a confirmation number. Said it would take 5-7 business days. 12/15 it arrived 12/16. I get a phone call saying I'd only be able to get an Xbox One. I waited 7 days for the Xbox One X to ship from Houston to my home store just to have them offer me an Xbox One. I understand if I wasn't approved, but that is something that I should have been aware of as soon as the home store to the paperwork for the online order. But they were very nice and did it the day of, so thanks Aaron for providing the greatest customer service ever.

Hi Jeremiah,

Happy to hear that the store was able to work that out for you! We appreciate your business and value you as a cusotmer! Thank you for choosing Aarons!

Ownit,

Kala

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I paid off a brand new dryer from Aaron. Now it's not working. Very disappointing. When you wake up to put something in the dryer to dry really quick Only to find it no longer work. I don't think I will pay off anything else there no more.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Leased a brand new Dell laptop from Aaron's winter of 2015 because to buy a brand new one was not in my budget but could afford 65 dollars a month... Lease was to be for 18 months. Turned into 2 years and I always made my payments, sometimes a little late, due to health but kept up with them nonetheless. During the lease period about 3 times there were issues with my Dell so they would promptly bring me a laptop to use while mine was being worked on. The final and last time I used their "loaner" I made a hasty decision to use this one (a HP) indefinitely because there never were any issues, I had become familiarized with it and didn't want to do the setting up any longer. It wasn't until literally the month after my lease was up, and I "owned" this HP laptop, did the problems begin.

First of all, I am very computer literate, more than know my way around the technical end of using and restoring one and very proud of the fact that being a 51 yr old woman, am very handy with all things technical...hands on though...wording? Not so much??? Anyways, I began to realize that I was a proud owner of what I now knew was a used laptop...and, there were things wrong with it that would cost more money which I do not have (I am single and on a pension). Aaron's can't help now that it's out of their hands because the lease is over. Not going to rent another one from them again? I just wasted what is practically 3 to 4 times what an average laptop costs. This one will be obsolete in a few years too! Does anyone have a solution or have experienced this before from Aaron's. A computer is a necessity for me since I do not use a TV or have a tv. Thanks for reading.

Hi C.D.,

We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. Please incldue your first and last name, phone number, zip code and the store info so we can look more into this for you and see what resolution we can come up with.

Kala

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

First I didnt receive my agreement papers or the vase I ordered with the sofa and end tables so I had to drive to the store to get it. KaTrina told me she didn't know if I notice but it was cracked while on display. But I had taken a picture of it before I inquired about the set. It wasn't broken. She gave it to me and told me maybe I could tape it up. I told her I wasn't paying for a cracked vase. Then she said she would take it off.

Then while looking over my papers before leaving the store I noticed the written price was hiked up from the picture I took of it. Had it not been for the picture taken I would have had to pay $300 more in the sofa set. KaTrina mumble to another employee right in front of me and my mother as he looked at me to see if I could hear what she was saying. That was Rude! They were trying to make me pay more. Now they set my payments 19 days before the agreement date, which is the 20TH of each month, according to the papers she gave me. She would answer my calls. Other workers kept saying she was out to lunch or busy. NEVER GONNA RENT THERE AGAIN AFTER THIS SOFA SET.

Hi Zine,

This is very unfortunte. We greatly appreciate your business and value you as a customer. We are sorry you feel that way and wish there was soemthing we could do. We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. Please include in the email your first and last name, phone number, zip code and the address you leased from so we can look into your account. Happy to help with any issues!

Kala

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

In that I work from before 8 am in the morning to 6-7pm in the evening, for the sake of convenience I welcomed the addition of their On-line Application and approval processing. So far, so good. I was approved and a deposit taken via debit card. The estimated delivery 2-3 days. Having not heard from the assigned store on the delivery set up I called them to see what their schedule looked like. THIS is where the positive experience did a 180 degree turn. They weren't able to locate any paperwork? After a few minutes located. Great. "What's the schedule look like?" "We'll need you to come in and fill out the paperwork, and check the references."

"AGAIN??? I'm sorry we have been through that already. I have an order confirmation number." Doesn't matter. "That's not how it works"??? Thinking this was maybe an employee that was perhaps new to the process, I decided to call the "customer service" number. He apologized but indicated that it is the store's choice how they wish to handle it? That doesn't seem right. Let's go ahead and cancel and I will get it at Lowe's with same day delivery. Having not upset me enough already, their service rep says, "We will need you to go to have them credit your card. It wasn't charged at that store. It was charged online. We can't do that. The order has been processed and is "too far along"." Too far along??? It hasn't gone ANYWHERE.

Hi Theodore,

We would love to look more into this. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, phone number, zip code and the store info so we can pull up your account and escalate the issue.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I use the Hanover, PA store and could not be happier with their service. I had been renting an LG TV and TV stand from them when I decided I liked an LG OLED TV they offered online at a great discounted price. I applied for that TV online and was approved. The Hanover store was great to call me and honor the online price. Despite the holiday rush, the manager Damon was excellent in arranging a date to pick up the old TV and deliver the new OLED. They promised a deliver window of 10 am to noon, and the delivery man arrived at 9:50 am. He was very polite, professional, and set up everything to my liking. I obviously cannot speak for other locations, but Damon and the Hanover store were superb and exceeded my wildest expectations. Thank you Aaron's for making me a very happy customer.

Hi Lane,

We are so glad to hear that you are happy!! We greatly appreciate your business and value you as a customer!!!

Ownit!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I have paid out 15 accounts with Aaron. I pay for two televisions that I owe 350.00 To own. I'm 2 weeks late. I gave them my debit card to pay for it in advance. They didn't do it. The manager at the Boardman store, Has been very disrespectful to me as a woman, very racists, I've took a complaint out on him Because I refuse to feel bullied, I will not ever rent from them again. Cause without customers you have no paycheck or business.

Hi Laquetta,

So sorry to hear that you feel that way. I would love to hear more about the issue at hand and see what can be done to resolve the issue. We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, phone number and zip code so we can look into your account and see what can be done to resolve the issue.

Kala

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I am waiting for my check to get to me and they told me they didn't have my sister's debit card on file and they didn't keep it on file but today they took out 118 dollars from her account. AFTER stating they didn't keep cards on file for one time payments. They took from her child's mouth. Todd the manager is ridiculously rude. Todd accused me of stealing the washer and dryer because I said that he needed to put the money back on the card before he got the washer and dryer. He told me that I was conveniently in CT visiting my sister (not the same one that he gave the okay to take the money off of the card) there is absolutely no reason for him to accuse me of stealing when HE stole money.

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for brigning this to our attention. We would love to help by looking more into this for for you. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number, zip code and the store address that you leased from. We need to be ale to look your account up.

Kala

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I placed an online order for a washer and dryer. Signed the lease agreement, all references were checked, and I paid the first payment. Received an email stating my order was canceled. I think it is horrible business to take someone's money and then cancel the order with no explanation.

Hi Jennifer,

Happy to help and look into why the order was canceled. Can you please reach out to us via email. The email address is myexpericne@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, the store info, your phone number ans email addres. We need this addtional ifno to be able to pull that order up.

Kala

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I've been renting 2 TVs and a PS4 for almost 2 years. My agreement is almost up and my husband got laid and I was working. I was able to make payments but they are late because they won't work with me when I get paid. This wasn't an issue when they had the last crew working there. They were more understanding and communicated. I'm still holding bunk beds that I've asked them to pick up on numerous occasions and they have yet to pick it up but harass me about it. Then they suckered me into paying some kind of insurance that's 7 dollars a month on the TVs.

Well my Magnavox went out and I spoke to the manager. She said she would bring me a loaner and fix the one I have. Well I call back on Monday like she said and she's on vacation so I mention it to another coworker who was very rude and she said I had to be paid up on my merchandise which the week prior I had just made a 200 dollar payment. So it was a he said she said game. No one communicates. I will never rent from Aaron's again and neither will anyone I know. Terrible service and merchandise!

Hi Taj,

Thank you for bringing this to our atttention. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have forwarded your customer service concerns with your local store to our Divisional Management Team to further reach out to you to further resolve. In the event that you need additional assistance please email: myexperience@aarons.com. Thank you, Jessica

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Worst mistake I've ever made when regarding a purchase. I took out a 65 inch TV and end up paying 3 times its value. They are rude if you are late a few days on a payment and charge me extra because they said they had to do a home visit and didn't even come. I have been late in some payments but haven't missed a payment. I have 3 more payments left and I can wait to be done with them... never again will I buy or lease anything from them. Very disappointed in their services special since I'm a veteran.

Hi Raul,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience @ your local store. We do have flexible payment options to help you save when you choose Aaron's. We have forwarded this to the Divisional Management Team to further research and reach out to you to further resolve. In the event that you have any additional questions, please feel free to email: myexperience@aarons.com. Thank you for the opportunity to further resolve your concerns with your local store, Jessica

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We have been renting a bedroom set that costs almost $5 grand and worth maybe $500. The thing falls apart and then to add to the stress we ask about making a payment on our payday. They say, "That's fine" then call us and all our references all day starting a week before! Never again will I use this company! We will sleep on the floor for a couple month then go buy a bedroom set.

Hi Todd,
    So sorry to hear about your concerns and we would be more than happy to further research this to see what is going on here. Could you please email myexperience@aarons.com with your local Aaron's store, primary name on your lease agreement and the best # to reach you please? We look forward to hearing from you soon!
    Thanks,

Jessica

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I have been a customer for years. Before the current manager Herb took over most concerns could be worked out with the managers. This manager is rude, arrogant and completely uncaring about customer satisfaction. My dryer which I’ve been paying for 14 months had to go out for service a month ago. Aaron’s continues to charge me and has no idea what is going on with my dryer. They even have the wrong model listed which is probably why they can’t find out what is going on with it or where it is. I’ve called to speak to the manager repeatedly and have not received a callback. Every time I call I am put on hold indefinitely until I finally hang up out of frustration. Nobody is available to answer my questions but if I’m a day late on my payments they are certainly available to talk then. They call every 15 minutes if I’m a day late. They honestly just don’t care.

Hi Mary,
    We value you as our customer and we appreciate your business greatly! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please know customer service is our #1 priority and we have forwarded this accordingly to our Divisional Management Team to reach out to you. We can assure you all of your customer service concerns with your local store will be resolved soon. Please feel free to email: myexperience@aarons.com if you need anything additional.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have a Current account with Aaron. I am paying for a Brand new TV. Unfortunately the HDMI Ports have been an issue since I got the tv. They have been out to my home numerous times, they currently have my TV for service. They brought a temporary TV until mine was fixed. This is the 2nd time they have had the TV. The temp tv is the same one that I have. It’s a 4K UHD TV. The temp TV is having the same issues. The top 2 ports don't even work. They left me a voicemail saying they were just going to have me keep the temp TV (By the way, it is the store's floor model). I said, “This tv don't work right either. I'm paying for a new tv, not a old floor model”.

Their solution? Well, “You can come in to the store and look at the other floor models. There are a few that are the same price you’re paying, and you can pick one of them, or you can keep the one you have”. I said, “But I'm paying for a new tv. Not an old used floor model”. They said, “Well you've had it for a year now, so it isn't new anymore”. I said, “Then if that's the case then my payment should be a lot lower”. They said, “No that's not how it works”. I have no idea what to do. Any Suggestions?

Hi Kelly,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have forwarded this to the Divisional Management Team to further assist you with all of your concerns you may have. Thank you for being a valued customer and please feel free to email myexperience@aarons.com if you need further assistance. Thanks, Jessica

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I wish I could give no stars. I have been paying on a bedroom set for 2 years. I will be done in two more payments, however just moved into a new apartment and asked if I could pay them the 100$ on the first [which I did] and then the remaining 44$ on the 15th when I have more money. My total is 144 a month, the guy AGREED, took my card number and ran it, I have PROOF on my bank account they took 100$ from me. And yet I go check my agreement online to see if they updated it for me to pay the 44 today, or if I would need to call them to pay the remainder. SURPRISE! It says I owe them 117 TODAY. 117 + 48 = 165, so I could understand if they got it backwards lol but those numbers don't equal to anything close to my bill. So for some reason after paying 100$ and only owing 48, they somehow think I owe 117 lol. What a crock.

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded your feedback to our Regional Management Team to reach out to you to further resolve. We value you as our customer and we hope to have this resolved to your satisfaction very soon. Thanks, Jessica

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

So I went to Aarons.com to get a laptop, I found the one I wanted and was approved then they asked me to pay the 81.99$ for the item. I signed all of my lease agreements and everything, and now they have canceled my order and telling me it's gonna take 2 weeks for a full refund. I highly suggest no one use this company. They are frauds.

Hi Derrick,

Happy to look more into your refund and cancelation. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com. Please include full name, the store you went too, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

When they delivered it they bented my merchandise (fridge). I called supervisor. He act like he was giving me another one but come to find out they don't lease that anymore. I've been going through a lot. All I ask was a little extension and they say, "We can't do that." Wow I will never ever do business with Aaron. My name is Elizabeth ** in MS. The store is Magee store.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to help as much as possible and look into this for you. We can be reached at myexperience@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, the store info you currently lease from and a good contaxt number.

Aaron Rents Company Information

www.aarons.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use