Aaron Rents
1.40/5
Based on 105 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

Read More Read More
    Last updated: April 20, 2018

851 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 20, 2018

So we just moved into a new apt. Didn't have anything. So we went to Aaron Rent to Own. Now we have creepy disgusting bed bugs. I know there are pending lawsuits which we plan to look into. I refuse to pay for this mess they created.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Aaron's rent a center Fayette, AL - I had leased a washer and dryer for a few months till I could get something else. I made my payments of the first which was for the full month. I had them pick up the washer and dryer on the 15 which was only half a month. I asked for a refund of half the month. They claim they do not do that. Yet when I go over the contract there is nothing noted in that respect and although it's only 20 dollars. I think they should either fix the contract to state once a month is paid no refunds. Have their representatives state so and refund the money. I contacted them and they said they do not do refunds.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

So Aaron Rents sold me a TV under contract saying it was a 55 inch TV. Well it’s paid off and needs repair. Well looked up the model number for parts and it’s only a 49inch TV. They ripped me off for over 600$ so I will be contacting a lawyer and suing the ** out of them!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

They charged me a late fee (wasn't even close to being late) and was told "but this month we didn't." I was told I would be taken care of for the next bill because they made a mistake and instead they charged me again then have me an attitude when confronted the following month. I started the process with the Attorney General Office, now waiting to hear back. Excited to get Justice for the theft and the attitude.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I left rac because I personally felt uncomfortable with their aggressive tactics with customers when a bill is not even owed yet. I decided to try Aaron and I could not be happier! They have excellent customer service and always willing to work with customers! I even referred my daughter to them and heard nothing but great things from her about her experience! I can only surmise these bad reviews do not reflect on our Ukiah Aaron because they are amazing! I have paid off a 70 inch smart tv, a ps4, washer and dryer, All in one hp pc and am now working on a brand new mattress as well as a beautiful recliner. All in 3 years! I should also mention they have quality merchandise which is something I can not say for RAC. So give the Ukiah Aaron a try, you won't be disappointed!

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you. --Chelle

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: April 10, 2018

So my wife and I started the rent to own from Aaron’s for a tv and we have always paid when we said we would. I told someone on the 4th I would send in a money order so that there were no foul ups with my bank account (like in the past) and they would have their money. Tonight on the 9th a repossession guy showed up wearing leather like gloves like he was expecting trouble or something telling me that if I had done what I said I did he wouldn’t be there saying the mail system doesn’t mess up like that we would have had it already. Then when I told him that I was going to go down and fix the issue tomorrow he told me it was no good. He needed either money right now or he needed the tv and I told him, “No this is ridiculous. It’s 8:30 at night.” He’s now woken up my children and he has the gall to sit there and insult me telling me I have a guilty conscience on my own doorstep.

So finally he told me to have the money for on Friday at the latest or he’s coming back. The manner in which he said is textbook definition of a threat. These guys might as well be loan sharks. Shame on me for getting into this. If you ever think about going to Aaron’s for anything think again. This has been the biggest mistake on purchasing something I have ever made. Just as well we also tried to get a fridge from them brand-new when we moved into our house and it showed up falling apart and dented scratched up all over. I eventually told the guy that was here at my house to eff off. I shouldn’t have to put up with this at my own house. If they do send that guy back to my house I will call the sheriff’s department on him for harassment and I will get a restraining order against that individual in specific. He in particular is threatening in his approach and manner and insulting with no sense of respect.

Last time he showed up on my doorstep I gave him my word as a man that I would pay them the following day and I did. He called the next time when I was literally 1 day late and I told him I would pay that afternoon and I did. And now he calls me a liar when I told him I put the money order in the mail and because they didn’t get it right away he shows up on my doorstep and calls me a liar.

Let’s be honest. He may not have said directly “you’re lying” but his words were exactly “if you did what you said you did I wouldn’t be here” = the exact same as saying “you’re lying”. He should not be calling people a liar on their own property. That’s just disrespectful and bad business practice. And at this point it is harassment and he his manner is threatening to me and my family. It took almost two hours to get my daughter back to sleep after she woke up to him banging on my door. Aaron’s should be shut down completely. And ultimately shame on me for getting into this.

Hi Keenan,

Original review: April 6, 2018

After all these years, Aaron Rents is STILL NOT worried about customer service. The rep called me on the 3rd and agreed to change my date to the 5th. He was very pleasant. On the 5th I tried logging in and it said that it would send me password and it never did. So on today, instead of the representative calling me, he called all my relatives. I was working and would of called once I had gotten off. I called him and asked him and why not call me since I was the one needing to make the payment. He stated it is protocol to not call the consumer, just the relatives.

I know that the law states that collectors may contact relatives if unsuccess in trying to get in contact with you. Per the fdcpa that may include calling relatives to figure out how to get in contact in with you. But he just spoke to me 2 days prior. He never called me today. Again, I should of been the first person contacted. These attempts were malicious and considered harassment. I also gave them a cease and desist on my relatives and friends. They still called.

Hi Chantal,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 6, 2018

Very happy with Aaron. Love my 60 inch 4k HDR LG TV... Love my LG 4k HDR blue ray player. A made me very happy. Gave me a great monthly payment. Love my TV stand. Love my huge sofa. Josh take care of me. When the huge sofa had to be fix Aaron sent the repairman in 2 days. Very happy with Aaron. I tell all my friends to come here.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your business. It is our pleasure to work with you. --Chelle

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 5, 2018

I rented to own an Amana washer. It's paid off. Several months ago it began making a horrid noise - wouldn't spin or agitate. I called the store and after troubleshooting over the phone I was told to contact the factory because it was probably covered under factory warranty. Try again - I was told it wasn't and go to the point of purchase. This is totally ridiculous.

All I ask them for it was to have it repaired and cover the cost and they are acting like I'm asking for a kidney. I don't know who's giving me more of a hassle the people in the office that I've been writing letters to or the people at the store where I bought it. This is my fourth rent to own purchase from Aaron's. They didn't tell me that after it was paid off they had wash their hands of it. It's high time they take some action and positive action I may add. A multimillion-dollar company with such horrid consumer relations isn't very good to deal with. I've sent my fourth or fifth letter today to them to find out who I talk to.

Hi Karen,

We're sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your merchandise. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com  that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? We would like to investigate this matter further and see about a resolution. Thank you, Tavius

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been a loyal customer for 18 months. The employees I have been dealing with are Extremely Unprofessional! I have been lied to on numerous occasions. The employees including the Manager have told me lies to get me to rent merchandise and after signing rental agreements they say "I never told you that". One person tells you one thing and someone else says different. I had an issue with a TV in which the screen would turn white after being on for so long. I reported this and they were supposed to pick it up and bring me a new TV... After numerous calls and over a month lapsed they finally showed up and again brought the wrong TV I was wanting. They charged me for another month and added late fees on a TV that didn't work. They waited a month to switch them so they could charge me for an additional month.

I paid off merchandise In the past and received a paper which said I have Gold Star Status, when I mention this and attempt to benefit from a status I clearly earned I am told I am not a gold star member only after renting more merchandise! I have never been treated as poorly as this company had treated me after being a loyal customer this long! If I wasn't so close to buyout I would terminate my agreements and go elsewhere! How does a company stay in business when they lie, threaten and harass their loyal customers!

I will NEVER deal with this company again! I rent used merchandise that is damaged with promises of new item being delivered at later date and I'm told that it was never said to me, so I pay brand new price for an old damaged fireplace, TV stand with gauges, scratches, no shelves though. I was told it would be traded for a brand new one when one arrived. Again I was lied to, once you sign the lease agreement everything they promise you is recanted and they say they never said that! I will be filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau. I could type more but I get more mad with every letter! THINK TWICE BEFORE DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY!

Hi Troy,

Thank you for sharing. We would love to help resolve your concerns and issues. In order to better assist you we need you to send us an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 1, 2018

I returned my item [TV] that I had just watched, I put towel over it, I went back to store, the manager plugged it in and said it's not working and I have to pay full price. She called me a liar, extremely rude. I asked how it worked 30 minutes before I turned it in. I told her I'm not paying for it. She ran my credit card and charged me for a month, I turned the product in 2 days before it was due. She refused to credit me back. I left it there and advised her not to use my credit card. The store employee were rude, made smart remarks, manager called me a liar and she stated she will run my credit card every month, till it's paid off.

Hi Kenneth,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 31, 2018

We bought a refrigerator from them and had no problems so when we paid it off we decided to purchase a TV Blu-ray player and entertainment center. After about 4 months the TV went to a blue screen and no longer worked. We contacted them and were told that we needed to bring it in. When we did the girl working there began examining the TV and pushing on the screen very hard with her thumbs. She said that the screen was damaged and we did it which was not true. They refused to even have the tv looked at. To make a long story short I just bought a new TV. Then at about 9 months the Blu-ray player started acting up and again they blamed us. Also they kept getting the payment date wrong and calling asking for payment two weeks before the due date.

Hi Matthew,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 31, 2018

I leased something online on March 30 at 1:11 a.m from the Log Cabin store in Macon Ga. I was approved. I later that day got a call to verify my information. Which I was kinda of puzzled by since it was the same information I sent to on the application but I complied anyway. Then I was told I had to bring all this information to the store. Which this kind of defeats the purpose of doing an online purchase. If I wanted to do all that I would have just went to the store in the beginning. I feel like they bullied me because they was like, “I ordered your merchandise and it's in the store right now. And if you don't come in today we won’t be able to deliver it until Monday.” So I informed them that I would not be able to get there because I had to work. And ask if it was okay for me to send someone else with the information. They told me, “Yes. If it was there by that day I could get my order.”

My information was received they told the person that it would be delivered later that day and they would call me when it was on its way. Mind you I had to go out of my way to get someone to do this for me. So time is just ticking away no call no delivery or anything. So the next day comes and I call the store to see what happened. After a long hold the agent comes back saying, “We need you to come up here so we can get it delivered Monday.” I am like, “Why do I need to come up there?” First it was, “I don't know.” Then it was, ‘Because we have to put a face with the identification. Someone else could be fraudulently using your name.” At this point I feel like this is crazy. She was like, “People could buy homes in your name.”

First of all with the proof I provided that is impossible. My check stubs from my job verifying that I am who I said I am. My card that I paid with which came from the government had to verify who I was to issue me this card. My check goes to my bank account. Which I bank with Robins Financial Credit Union who definitely verified my identity before I got an account. My lease which has no one name on but mine definitely had to verify my identity before I rented my home. Which all this information was provided to the store. But I still have to find a way to the store to verify myself to get my item. They have my money why do I have to go through all this to get a online purchase? They did all this rushing me and making me go out my way and I still won’t get my item until Monday. Which this all depends on if I make it up there by the time they close. This is very unprofessional.

Hi Adrienne,

Original review: March 31, 2018

I rented a stackable washer and dryer from the Lower Burrell, PA store. I asked that it be picked up because I no longer needed it due to moving at the end of this month (March 2018). The manager conveniently “forgot” to put me on the schedule, but assured me that they would pick it up between 3pm-7pm on 3/30/18. Well, that time frame came and went without a single call from Aaron’s apologizing for being late. I called several times to find out if they were coming, and was told they’d be there by 7:30. Surprise! They didn’t. I called and was told they would be finishing up with someone else and would head out to me as soon as they were done. I was told this several times, and I honestly didn’t want to wait any longer, it was almost 8 pm by then.

I was tired and had other things that I needed to do that I held off on doing because I was waiting for them to pick up my unit. No apology from the worker Val (who honestly doesn’t have the best personality to be working in customer service and I’ve never had a positive experience with her). So disgusted with this company. I will never rent from an Aaron’s ever again. Obviously I am not important since I am no longer a paying customer, they can keep me hanging. If the unit is not picked up before the end of the business day tomorrow, 3/31/18, it’s going to the curb. I expressed to the manager that I needed to be out of my apartment by the end of the month. I can’t store their property for them because they refuse to do their job.

Hi Elyse,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thanks ---Chelle

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 27, 2018

Since when has it ever been ok to call a customer's residence and threaten that you're going to take legal action on my account for being 12 days past due and when confronting the store about it on a recorded line he admits he said he didn't want to have to take legal action if I don't pay today and offered to make my payment for me, this is incredibly illegal!

Hi Megan,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 25, 2018

I am very disappointed with Aarons. When I purchase my products from Aaron's I was satisfied until the money came up. I was satisfied with my product until half the month was up then they tried to get more money out of me. It was not what we discussed and they hit it in the paperwork. They tried to convince me that I had something that I did not have. And then when I dropped them, they sent me paperwork in the mail that I did not get when I started my service with them. I had a really horrible experience with Aaron, and I will never use their service again.

Hi Candace,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 23, 2018

Candy ** who is the account manager at a Spartanburg store on McCravy ave was extremely rude. She gave me false information regarding my account then took money off of my debit card that was not discussed. When we spoke and I told her that's not what we discussed she said "If you don't like the way I do my job call my general manager" then proceeded to hang up. I called the store back to finally speak to the GM who fixed the problem. My complaint is regarding the way Candy handled my problem. If she is going to do customer service she needs more training and does not to be the manager if that's how she is going to handle a customer.

Hi Nicole,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This is definitely not the experience we would have expected you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 22, 2018

Went into our local Aaron's today to make a payment. I was only able to provide them with so much money. They told me that they needed more than what I had. They refused to take the money I had and walked away from us. Once I get the items I have paid off I believe I'm not going to rent from Aaron's ever again.

Hi Kacie,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 22, 2018

I am renting a bedroom suite which took Aaron's about 2 months to deliver. I have received nothing but lies from day one. My better self told me not to rent from them, but because I am on disability and very sickly I really had no other choice. I have made my payments every month so far. I made an agreement to pay on the 3rd of every month as this is when I receive my payments. Yet they begin blowing up my phone on the 2nd telling me my payment is due. I was transferred to the manager Nikki who is very rude and nasty. Because my payment THIS time was scheduled to come on the 2nd (due to the 3rd being a Saturday) she tells me well you're on disability and you got paid today! Um, excuse me Miss? She knows none of my circumstances or HOW I even receive my money monthly for her to even say this to me. This happened this month.

I have yet to make my payment because I am in the hospital after suffering another stroke. They have called my family members harassing them. My children have come home to several sticky notices with messaged tacked to my door. More than once!! I am not even late 1 month. The practices they use have got to be against the law!! My grandmother is staying at my apt with my kids while I'm rehabilitating and she states she was scared for her life. They send people knocking and banging on the door like you're a common criminal! This is unacceptable! Especially for a $160 payment!!

My grandmother is an old lady and should not fear answering my door. But because I am disabled, ** and live in a poor neighborhood they feel as if they can treat you any kind of way. I am going to see what legal matters can be against Aaron's. Especially this store, because their practices are absolutely ridiculous. Nothing but Mafia tactics. I refuse to be bullied. It's bad enough that they overcharge to rent ANYTHING from them. I advise that everyone think 20 times before renting from Aaron's!! The worst!

Hi Tammi,

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 16, 2018

I never rented from Aaron's, but my roommate had rented a PlayStation 4 from them. He decided to return it and upon them arriving to pick it up I asked if they erase the data. The next day I found $175 of charges to the PlayStation store. They never erased my data and let someone else go on a shopping spree on my card.

Hi Dalton,

OMG! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are deeply saddened to hear this happened. We would like the opportunity to see if we can resolve this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 15, 2018

Too many to list. But stay away from Laurinburg store. I have 4 agreements with these people. Have paid way over fair market value and they are unreal. They break the law by harassing you and your family, then lie about we wrote down we only called once. Really? Once every minute more like it. They block the calls call private and use different numbers listed. So they may write down they called once but really they call numerous times a hour. I got over 20 in one day when they were told I was out of town. I've tried to make a payment on the 14th to catch up my account only to be told, "No. We're not gonna accept it," cause the next day they wanted a full month. These people are horrible. Jessie ** and the rest. Stay far away from this store.

Hi Jennifer,

We are truly sorry to hear that you feel this way. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: March 14, 2018

I had rented a stereo. Never missed a payment. I’ve rented with Aarons before. And after paying off my items it they reported it to credit bureaus. This time they didn’t. It’s been over a month since I’ve paid off my item. And they are very rude when call and talk to them regarding the issue. I will never rent from them ever. I’m very disappointed and will tell everyone not to rent from Aaron.

Hi Willie,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We know how important it is for your agreements to be reported to the credit agencies. We would love to see if we can help in having this matter resolved. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 13, 2018

I rented a mattress with Aaron's. I have always paid on time and was never late with the payments. I was told in the beginning if there was ever a problem that the mattress came with a warranty and they would simply switch it out. When I went in to the store last time to make a payment I told the employee that the mattress was bowing and developing sinkholes in the middle and I wanted someone to come and take a look. That's when the trouble started.

At first he said that mattress would not do that and I said well it is. Then he agreed finally to send someone out trying to schedule it with him was a nightmare. He insisted that I cancel an appointment for the next day which I could not. I told him I had all the next week available. Well he became very angry so I asked to speak to someone else. He refused to let me. Finally another employee came out and scheduled the appointment. They came, took pictures of the bed and left. I get a call saying it would be replaced. Three weeks went by nothing. So I called and went around in circles again with Aaron's.

Finally they agree to bring me a new one of the exact same brand. Well when they showed up it wasn't the exact same brand. It was not worth the payments I'm making. The mattress they came with was garbage with horrible reviews. I refused it. Yesterday I get a call saying they need pictures of the mattress. The original pictures were lost. I took more pictures and sent them. Now I'm being told those pictures may not be good enough because the mattress is zipped in a thin waterproof cover but they will let me know if they need more. I'm also being told it is going to take a while because they have to contact Simmons. They should have done that in the beginning instead of trying to get me to accept a mattress of lesser value. In the meanwhile I'm paying them monthly. They have had a month to resolve this and have done nothing but give me the runaround.

Hi Tonia,

Original review: March 13, 2018

This review is not for me in writing it for what Aaron Rents did to my mother. She is 81years old. The store in Camden SC sold her a washer that only worked about four times. She called the store and a young man came out and told her it was the sensor and told her she needed to keep pressing the starter button to get it started. This happen twice. She paid them cash for this washer 700.00 dollars and when you look up the washer it only sold for brand new 289.00. Now you tell me that's not a ripoff. This washer was no good when they sold it to her. I sure hope that no one else has been taken advantage of in this manner.

Hi Lenora,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of this negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 12, 2018

The two main people there were very helpful each time we visited the store, and when they delivered the furniture. The one guy even found a larger tv, older, but larger, for the same price. We were very happy with our experience there.

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for sharing! We appreciate your business!

Own it,

Kala

Original review: March 1, 2018

Where do I begin?!? Just like everyone else I'm a hard working single mother that was scammed by Aaron's. I purchased a TV and bed, dresser and washer from them. 3 years later TV and bed is gone. Washer gone in 9 months and my dresser drawers broke 2 weeks later. I only made 3 payments on the TV and bed and bought the products outright... They broke and died. The Aaron's store manager told me that the TVs are not made to last years. They go by hours. I don't know what kind of idiot he thinks I am. The bed I bought for my daughter also broke and I was told someone will come and fix it, 3 years later nobody has showed up even after telling them the bed was broke.

I moved and my washer broke so here I go to Aaron's again. The man sold me a broken washer for 700... When it first came I asked why does it not spin right. They said it's the new Samsung and it spins lighter than usual. Again someone was suppose to come look at it and never showed up. So I had to pay for someone to look at it and the damn thing is broke. So I already paid them 400 for the washer and I want them to come get it. But they keep telling me it's going to make my credit score drop. I don't want to hear none of that. I'm out of 400 dollars and out of a damn washer. All that money I put into their products is horrible. I no longer own any of them after 3 years.

They sell used broken items to people for double the money. It's like they band aid their products. Then they lie so much always telling you they're going to come fix stuff and don't. The store manager will text you the most unprofessional text messages because he dont like being called out on his lies. They scammed me for a lot of money. They scammed my mother who purchased a computer, refrigerator and couches. Again 4 years later she has none of those items. They all BROKE!!! Within weeks to months. It's so sad they do this to people. EVERY SINGLE ITEM I HAD IS NOW BROKE OR DEAD. So much money wasted. I will NEVER EVER EVER GO BACK. Least Rent a Center give you new or gently used items for good prices. And they will not BS you! My neighbor uses Rent a Center and she's going on 11 years with her flat-screen and washer...

So I paid 600 for my daughter bed from Aaron's and had to replace it in 3 years... I paid 500 for the TV and had to replace it in 3 years. 400 for the washer and only had it 9 months. I just went to Rent a Center to get a new washer!!! Be Alert! And best believe half of the crap they sell you is used and broke. They will band aid it and then not even keep up on their word about warranty and fixing it.

Hi Shantle,

This is very unfortuante. We want to help resolve your issues and concerns.Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We want to help as much as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thnak you,

Kala

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I am not happy with your company at all and will never do business there again. 4 months ago I called the store I have been dealing with for a couple years ago and told them I needed a controller for my ps4 and never got it. l went out and bought a new tv and called the store to return the tv I have been renting since they already took the money out of my account. I can't get my $50 back. I was told I would have a credit. Well you can't treat customers like **. Everything I have rented had been paid off. Never again.

Hi David,

This is very unfortuante. We would love to hear more and see if we can possibly resolve this for you! can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and email address.

Kala

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Renter beware. I contracted with this location for a corporate lease. The account was set up on auto payment. I called three days prior to my billing date to schedule a pick up because my contract at the hospital ended early. I was told that I’d be refunded the portion not used. I reminded them the contract states specifically that I wouldn’t be refunded and asked to billed only for the days used. They said they must bill for the entire month but assured me that I’d be refunded anyway. Two weeks after the account was closed, I called and asked about the refund. I was told that they don’t refund money and I should have asked to speak with someone else because they could have only charged me for the days used instead of the full month. They have three weeks of rental for free. I’ll take my business elsewhere the next time I need corporate rental in Tacoma.

Hi Glenn,

So sorry to hear. Formal complaints can be sent to myexperience@aarons.com. Please include your first and last name, phone number and zip code.

Kala

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I called in to lease a used TV. Since I already have an account for furniture they did everything on the phone. When I came home on Saturday (they dropped it off while I was at work, So the delivery guys told my girlfriend to sign the contract for me) When I hooked the tv up the screen was damaged and had no picture at all. They were not open again until Monday. When I spoke with the store they informed me that they tested it at the store and that I could return the TV. I have bought several TVs and furniture in the past and I’m not paying for a damage tv that I never got any use out of. Honestly I am thinking about lodging a formal complaint and if the store does not come get the TV and get rid of the lease agreement that I did not even sign I am going to get a lawyer.

Hi Michael,

We would love a follow up on what happened with this situation. Can you email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kala

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I initially leased a Refrigerator, Washer, and Dryer. I made the required monthly (or sometimes bi-monthly) payments. I was told NUMEROUS times that if I returned something that I would be given credit for payments made towards something else. Well, my children all graduated and moved out. My wife and I moved into a small 1 bedroom apartment that came with a washer/dryer/fridge already installed. They refused to remove their items so I was left with no choice but to return all three to AARON'S.

When I had them picked up, it was some time before I decided to lease something else, but I decided to run over there and see what all they had. I decided to get a gaming laptop, and informed the people in the store to order me one. They informed me that it would arrive in about 1 week. I told the employees to give me a call when it came in, so I could come pick it up. 1 week passes, and I hear nothing from them, so I called in to ask what was going on. Turns out, they never ordered the laptop at all, citing a clerical error.

Well, I can understand errors, so I AGAIN told them to put the order in for it, and they again told me they would call me as soon as it arrived. ANOTHER WEEK PASSES with no call. I called back and was again given some shoddy excuse as to why it wasn't ordered. This time I told them to make a note right then to make damn sure it was ordered, and directly asked the employee working the desk that I had turned in a Washer/Dryer/Fridge that I paid on for six months, and I would like the amount I had paid in on them transferred to the laptop. THE EMPLOYEE said that it was PERFECTLY FINE, and she would annotate that in my account.

Another week passes... STILL NO LAPTOP COMES IN. I'm furious at this point. It has now been three weeks since I asked them to order this laptop, so I made a complaint on their website. I was quickly contacted by someone FROM THE STORE THAT SCREWED UP, instead of a corporate-level customer service agent. The moron on the phone told me that A. They can't order anything unless I already sign paperwork for it, and B. There is absolutely zero way to transfer credit on turned in items to something else, I would have to get the SAME washer/dryer/fridge back and the amount of money I paid in on them would be taken off the end of the lease. I told them to don't bother ordering the laptop, that there was a snowball's chance in hell that I would ever do business with them again.

About a month before this whole laptop/account issue occurred, I had gotten a flat screen TV from them, and was paying on it. I have made my payments relatively on time (never more than a week late, due to clerical errors on my part... forgetfulness to go in and swipe my card), so I had them put my card info on my account, and I would just call in and have them run it, or they would call me and remind me to authorize them to run my card.

Well, I'm now at the end of my lease, and am trying to pay the TV off, so I called in a few days ago (they had NOT contacted me previously about any late payment reminders), and set up to pay the entire remaining balance on a specific date. This location called my MY MAIN OFFICE NUMBER (despite my HOME and CELL numbers being listed on my account) and started harping me about making a payment. The moron who called me was THE SAME PERSON I TALKED TO TWO DAYS AGO TO SET UP THE PAYOFF!!! Thanks, AARON'S for embarrassing me in front of my boss, my boss's boss, and five co-workers!

Hi Richard,

So sorry to hear. This is very unfortuante. We want to help as much as possible resolve your issues and concerns the best way possible. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include first and last name, phone number and zip code with details of the issues so we can addres them approiately.

Aaron Rents Company Information