Aaron Rents
1.42/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

983 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I bought a desktop computer from Aaron in Ahoskie, NC and have bought a lot of items from them in the past but it's my first time buying a preowned computer. The computer was around 600.00 if I paid for it in 120 days and they would add somewhere around 200.00 if it's not paid for in 120 days, well I had about 3 more payment on the computer when it started giving me problem with staying on so I called Aaron and told them what problems I was having with the computer and Troy from the Ahoskie store asked me to bring it in and I did. In about two weeks I had to call the store to find out about my computer and Troy stated that it was not fixable and I have called this store every week to find out what they are planning on doing about my computer. Whenever I call Mr Troy would always give me some excuse and say, "Somebody will call you back tomorrow because the person you need to talk to isn't here today."

I go from Tuesday until Monday and get no phone call from anyone. I called the main office number twice and they were supposed to get the regional manager to call but as of Feb. 18th I have heard nothing from him. I have paid about 700.00 on this computer and have no computer and none of my money to show for it. My personal feeling about Aaron is I think that have very poor management and they need to be shut down if this is way you treat customers. It's a damn shame.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My husband rented me a desktop Mac Computer to start my home business. After 3 months of payments, we wanted to pay it off within the 120 day period. Imagine our surprise to see this same model computer is $999 in Apple and less in other stores. When I spoke with the manager (Cleveland Heights, Ohio) store, he told me I can go and buy it at another store then. My question to him was...If we are paying the same cost of the computer in 120 days....how is it that Aaron's same cost is higher then the store it actually comes from? He told me he don't make up the prices, corporate makes up the prices.

The store manager (G.) was very rude, I thanked him for "Such Great Customer Service", and hung up on him. I called corporate and spoke with a customer service rep (S.) who advised me that corporate does not make up the price for their merchandise I would need to speak with the regional manager. I advised her, I never heard of a Corporate Office not being a part of the cost of their products. She advised she will put in a ticket for a Regional Manager to call me. I guess it will be interesting to see what the Regional Manager (B.) will have to say when he calls me in 48 hours.

Hi Vanessa,

Did someone from out Divisional Management Team reach out to you regarding your concerns? Please reply back in a private message. -Tavius

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

An ex-friend of mine rented some furniture from the local Aaron. I was listed as a reference. I gave him rides to work. He was renting a room in my mom's home but we rarely talked as he was always gone. I gave him rides to work but after a couple months or so he said he didn't need them anymore so we talked even less. He was getting in with the wrong crowd in my opinion at this point. Then he moved and we completely lost touch. I didn't think anything of it honestly. He had said he was financially in a better place and moving out on his own. He packed up with a friend from work and he was gone. It was suspicious since it was sudden but I couldn't be too concerned as I'm not one to pry. I think he started his rental with Aaron in like August of 2018 and he had moved out of the room in October 2018.

Here comes December. I start getting calls from Aaron. I didn’t even know he had gotten behind on payments since it's none of my business. I let them know he moved and figured that was that. They ask if I find out anything or reach him to let him know they were seeking payment. Well out of curiosity I reach out to a person he used to work with trying to get a hold of him. I find out he's in jail for some type of robbery and drug issue. Doing the nice thing, I call back and let the Aaron place know what I found out. I also gave them the new address he was living at. His mail didn't even come to my home anymore. They thank me for the information and again, I assumed that was that.

Then the next week I get another call from them. I reiterate I don't know anything else than what I've told them. I'm not going to the place he moved to as it was in a less than savory neighborhood. They ask again if I get any information to let them know. The next week I get another call but this time they are saying the furniture was delivered to him as well as me. Now mind you, I didn't sign up for anything. I was there when the furniture got delivered to help move other furniture back into place and organize. It was a bedroom suite that was replacing an old futon and some shabby stuff that was provided in the room for whomever occupied the room (it's been rented before). I let them know I didn't sign a lease and that I have no idea where they are getting that information. I don't know anything more than being a reference and that he was in jail.

They tell me he talked about getting me a new bed and all this stuff. So they assumed it was for me. They say he's got my mother listed as his mother in law and called me his wife. I'm guessing he wanted to look better or something. He did view my mom as a sort of mother since she's helped him out. We are not, never have been married so why he said that, if he said that, no clue. Regardless, not my business. But I get a little upset because I don't get why they keep calling for one but to insinuate I knew more than I did was rude.

A few weeks go by and again another call. This time, albeit polite, I tell them again that this issue is not mine to handle. They tell me the items need returned and with an attitude the woman says since no one is going to pay for it it needs returned. Basically trying to threaten me into paying I think if I'm being honest. I'm not paying for someone else's furniture and trust me I know these guys can be sharks about payment which is why I would never rent to own. Where he moved, it's known for drug addicts so I tell them if the people he lives with aren't helping, it's likely gone due to being traded or sold for drugs. Yes, it was that bad. I get told that they are just trying to help him out and they acknowledge again he's in jail. They even say they want to make sure he has one less thing to worry about when he gets out.

The whole tune changed when I had questioned them about how this is all of a sudden my problem. They say I won't get any more calls and they apologize for bothering me. They say they will no longer be calling. Okay, fine, no worries. Now here comes today, Feb 2019. I get a robo call telling me to call my local store to settle my account. I call the number to get my number off the robo list. As of January 2019, as listed in the public records only, this ex friend is going to prison for years. Now, I don't know what standard business practice is but this level of harassment makes me never want to be a reference for anyone ever again. When they called me about being a reference after he went to sign up, they said it was just a matter of having someone to call in case he couldn't be reached.

I didn't know it meant being harassed and practically bullied each call. It's been nearly 3 months since they called about the missed payment initially. The man is in jail and headed to prison. He's going for robbery and drugs. Common sense would lead one to believe that he likely didn't have whatever he rented anymore far before getting in trouble. He was charged a with another robbery that occurred shortly after he moved. I don't know. What you do know is I gave all the information I had. I was told I'd be left out of it finally and yet I'm still getting bothered. I don't talk to him and won't seeing as how he is apparently someone other than whom he portrayed himself to be for years. This is horrible business practice and disruptive to me and my family. I don't suggest renting from this place if this is how they handle things when someone fails to uphold their agreement.

Hi Triesha,

Can you please send us a private message with the name on the account, the store location, your best contact number and your email address? We would like to research this further and have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you. -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have been a Aaron's customers for years. In the past they did work with me well. My husband and I went to purchase a refrigerator brand new Samsung. Very large, nice. Well my husband and I got our taxes back and decided to pay off in cash. Well I priced them at Lowe's and Best Buy for like $1,099.00 there and showed it to the manager "L. **" for a better cash deal well he didn't go down that much. My husband paid him $1,593.23 cash and my payments were to be taken out on Feb.3.

And after we paid cash and got the receipt Paid in Full and the Money Hungry people there took my payment of $132.27 out of the bank on the Feb 1st and we went in that day at nearly 11:00am the Manager still took my payment out and Never mentioned it to my husband and I before we paid cash. So I called him and he said the excuse was the payment was taken out that morning. But He Never Told us it was taken out it. Should of been out On or After the 3rd of each month... Is there anything I can do? The bank posted the payment on Mon. Feb. 4th. He said I can not have any money back.

I Will Never Rent Anything from this place again and Please people Do Not Go there. They Take advantage of people like us with no credit or bad credit and just RIP us Off. I told him I hope this happens to him one day. My daughter is in the hospital now and that $132.27 Could helped with my gas and it even made my one of bills get returned. I'm Beyond Piss... Very Pissed. Please if anyone knows if I can talk to someone or the police to report them please let me know...

Hi Angela,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate your concerns further. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. This is not the experience we want customers to have and look forward to hearing from you! -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I have been their customer for a little over two years, in Winston Salem, NC (Summit Square Blvd). I bought two Big Screen TVs for my home, always paid on time, paid off that contract and then started a new contract for another TV. I mostly experienced them online, so I had little contact with the store personnel until I started that second contract. They did not show up on the day they were supposed to, but I was flexible. I took the seats out of my van and went down to pick up my items. This was when I first wound up meeting the people who work there and...wow...they are as bad as you can possibly imagine.

I just wanted to pick up my item, sign my contracts and go home. If ONLY! Instead, the young lady who was there with my contracts took me into a back room to sign documents. She went on...for 45 minutes...telling me all of the horrific trailer park nonsense that goes on in her life. Some of it was VERY distasteful, and my 13 year old daughter was with me. Then she starts talking ** about my wedding ring, and putting down my wife (whom she never even met). I let it go, because I wanted my new TV, but it was horribly unprofessional and inappropriate.

Fast forward, and I need a Refrigerator for my kitchen remodel. After that first experience, I do not want to set FOOT in that store, so I try to do it over the phone. I call and tell the guy that answers that I want to buy something. Those were my FIRST words to him. He, apparently, had something better to do because he told me he'd call me back and take my order later. 6 HOURS passed, and he never called me back! So, I remembered that I can do all of this online, and did that. I was approved, digitally signed my contract, and asked what store I wanted to use. Knowing how bad the store I had experienced was, I checked another store. It had to be better than going back to the first hellhole, right?

Well, I take off work the day they are supposed to deliver, and they never show up. I call, around 3 PM, and find out they had no intention of showing up on the scheduled day, and that they didn't bother calling me to tell me that. Then, when I told this kid how wrong that was, he started MOUTHING OFF TO ME (Denetrius, N. Patterson Ave store). At this point I had had enough. I asked the kid for his regional manager's number. He told me to ** off, and hung up in my ear. I had to go online to find someone to complain to. And they cared so much that they said "Meh, someone will call you in a day or two." I try to, at least, arrange the delivery through the online people. They called the store, and the kid REFUSED TO DELIVER my refrigerator. I am not kidding.

So, I have to wait the two days for the regional manager to call me. This fool asks me to go down to the store, and have a sit down chat with his manager down there. WTF?? In order to purchase something, he thought I would now start jumping through hoops for him? As absurd as it sounds, yeah, that's precisely what he tried to get me to do. Now, starting from the beginning, you can SEE how much patience I had given these idiots already. Well, this was just too damned much. I told him to go ** himself, called another chain and the other guys delivered my refrigerator the very next day. Avoid these people as if they had the plague. The worst employees in retail history, are being enabled by the worst management ever to walk the planet. The whole thing is one big soup sandwich! Buying from them is just too much work...FOR THE CUSTOMER!

Hi Kennedy,

Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, your email address and your best contact number. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and we would like to have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you. -Tavius

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Manager of this location "ART" is extremely rude. My girlfriend and I was going to get a 2,000 couch set at the Broadway location. I was calling another location to look into a washer and dryer set. The manager then stated "We could go somewhere else!" He was very unprofessional and extremely rude. I then asked for their corporate number and the management refused to give it to me or tell me his name. I will never rent anything from this place. I would highly recommend to go to a different location or rental place. You would think 2 people spending almost 3 thousand dollars you would get some good service and treated with respect. Not from this place. Don't shop here.

Hi Alton,

We noticed that your issue was filed on February 5th and a member of our Divisional Management Team will contact you to assist you further. Thank you for your patience. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

In December my washer stop working on the second turn. Mind you it was not even a year old. They had a service contract with me and told me they would not service it even after I paid a two year warranty on it. The thing cost me 789.00 of my hard earn money. It sits today in my basement not able to be used. I was told to repair it myself and buy the parts. Mind you I dont know anything about repairing such a machine. They stop servicing machines after 30 days. Nice to know after all I paid for it.

Hi Theresa,

Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. We would like to see if we can assist in this matter. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have been renting from Aaron's for over 10 years. I have paid off a living room suit, camcorder, video game system, etc. I am a great customer. 2 years ago I started an agreement on a washer and dryer. After 3 months, the washer needed repaired. They came and got it and gave me a loaner... They had my washer in repair for 3 months!! Got it back. 2 months later...needed repaired again. Was in repair 3 months!! I got it back and again in a few months...yep...same thing!

At that point I complained and said I need a new one. The manager agreed and said she was ordering one. Well... then they returned my old one back. I refused it and called her. She said her boss said nope because it's still under warranty. Well I asked for her boss's number which she refused to give me. The next day she called and all of a sudden I am getting a new one and a credit for a month's payment! GREAT!!! NOT!!! We have had the new one for about 5 months...and Monday I am calling them back a second time for repair on the brand new one. That's 2 washers and 5 repairs in 2 years. I have honestly had their loaner more than anyone I am paying on. The kicker...I have 2 months left to pay. So I'm sure I am going to be left with a lemon. :(

Hi Allyson,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that you deserve from your local store. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. -Tavius

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have been a customer with Aaron’s for many years. And I have been a good customer. I pay my bill on time. I am not happy with the customer service that I have been getting lately. As for unseen circumstances by boyfriend was laid off and is still not working I am the one making the money to pay the bills. I informed Aaron’s of my situation and I told them I will make a double payment in February or if they can defer this payment to the end of my lease which I know is an option. They refuse to help me in my situation and told me, "You need to pay half of your monthly amount and then we will add the remaining onto the end of your lease agreement." I find this unfair. They say that we have payments to suit your needs. Which is not the case at all. And the calling has got to stop. I work during the day and can’t receive phone calls and here is Aaron’s calling me at 8 in the morning and it goes all day. Very disappointed about this treatment.

Hi Peggy-Ann,

Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. We would like to see if we can help in this matter. -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've been renting from Aaron's in Bolingbrook IL for about 8 years now. From Day one Aaron's have treated me like I was family. It wasn't all about me purchasing something from the store. They really wanted people like me who have challenging credit or not enough money for a downpayment to experience having some beautiful Furniture, sleeping in a bed of your choice. And if you're still going to the laundromat you might as well take what your spending on washing a month and invest in a washing machines and dryer from Aaron's. You could own it within 12 months. It's all up to us to take advantage of all the blessings that Aaron's have waiting for us. And a wonderful staff of people who is waiting to serve you!

Hi Wynonia,

We would just like to say thank you for being a part of our family. We are very grateful for your continued patronage because we wouldn’t be here without loyal customers like you. You could have chosen any other business, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you, again, and have a great day! -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We bought a LG TV from Aaron’s back in the summer and we decided we were tired of paying on it so we would just buy our own TV from Walmart. We called Aaron’s to tell them we didn’t want the TV anymore and for them to come pick it up. They said they would send someone between 10am to 2pm. We sat around and waited on them until 1:30pm when my husband decides to call them to see if they are coming. They told him they were having truck problems and had to reschedule for Monday. Absolutely ridiculous that no one called to tell us they weren’t coming. We had things to do and instead wasted our time sitting around waiting on them. Now I have to wait on them again on Monday. That’s not good customer service! Plus they call you like crazy starting the day the payment is due. It’s annoying. We won’t be buying anything from them again.

Hi Katie,

We are sorry to hear of your experience with your local Aaron's store. Can you send us a private message that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? We would like to have someone reach out to you from our Divisional Management Team regarding your experience. Thanks, Tavius

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

First off I was sold the Aaron’s Club and have it. I have only had my leases for a month and they are set up on auto pay. However while my family and I were on vacation in Florida an HP Omen laptop from Aaron’s along with a bunch of my own personal items were stolen from my vehicle in Jacksonville. I called Aaron’s to report it as soon as I found out, and before I even made a police report I was told that they wouldn’t cover it because it wasn’t forced entry solely because I said I wasn’t sure how they got it from my vehicle. I made a police report and it was found to be forced entry, my car lock was apparently popped and damaged, so I called Aaron’s to inform them and make a report.

I was then told something along the lines of “I don’t know what to tell you, this never happens around here” with a pretty poor tone of voice, by the guy who answered, then bounced around and given guesstimate answers, then after I wasn’t comfortable accepting the answers I was told to call tomorrow and ask for Erica. I called today and asked for Erica, was told she was busy, and that I needed a full copy of the police report, rather than a report number which I wasn’t told the first time I called thusly wasting time. I was then told Erika would give me a callback today to go over the process and I never received a return call!

My payment is now due tomorrow and I would be making a payment for an item for some low life to enjoy, had this been handled correctly 3 days prior this would have not been the case. I do not plan to make a payment for this item. I will be taking it off auto pay. I will pay my other agreements as agreed but until I get adequate treatment and service in this matter I will not make a payment on the stolen item. This has already been a stressful time with much loss of my family’s end and it has been treated with 0 sensitivity. I’ve done my part by making the report and supplying police details to include model and serial number, now Aaron’s needs to do its part and actually put forth some customer care.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate your concerns further and have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have a living room set and a bed form Aaron's. It is not my first time renting and I am admittedly two weeks late on my payment but I always pay. They call me so many times during the day my stomach hurts. I was literally just called 4 times within a 60 second time periods and that makes 5 calls today. I have told them I work in a call center and cannot take calls during the day. They still continue to call. Yesterday I told them to come get the furniture and I would pay when they got there.

I was told he would need me to make a payment first. Then the rep start calling and texting me from his cell so that he could meet me at work or somewhere to take the payment. I told him my husband would come to the store and pay. Unfortunately for me my husband was tied up with a client and did not get there before the store closed. Now today the calls are insane. I like the convenience of rent to own at a time where I could not put a lump sum of money for new furniture out. But this is crazy. If I didn't have kids in school I would turn my phone off.

Hi Daniele,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I will never rent from these people again. I rented furniture a year ago and before the year was up I asked them if they could come pick up the furniture as I didn’t want it anymore. They told me the furniture had bedbugs after inspecting. I had no clue that this furniture had bed bugs. By inspecting myself I saw that it was loaded with bedbugs which is a living room set. Now I just rented this home around the same time I leased the furniture. My other furniture has no bedbugs whatsoever and I’ve never had bedbugs in my entire life actually. I’ve never saw one until then.

The furniture was already used and you’re telling me the bed bugs came from me. I think not. They refused to take the furniture and still calling me every day to pay for something that I’m positive I’m not the cause of. I have a washer and dryer from a different store which I still pay faithfully and will continue until it’s paid off. I refused to pay for something that I didn’t cause. I will never rent furniture from this place or any other place ever again. I’m highly disappointed and upset because they take no responsibility. It’s mighty funny majority of the complaints is for the same issue. I should’ve reviewed this first.

Hi Crystal,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. We would like to investigate further. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I am a new customer with the Aaron Company as of November 2018. Location Charlottesville, Va Pantops Center. I was never so excited when my daughter told me about Aaron and I should check them out. I decided to jump on the special based on my daughter. Note the store she is dealing with is located in Waynesboro Va. I contacted the Charlottesville store via phone - spoke with Nick the store manager over the phone. I was excited to learn I would be getting a new washer and dryer and the payments would work for me. I gave my credit card over the phone for the initial payment ($1.00) and I was told when the next payment would happen. Well all, if you will hell, broke loose. I was told when & what the next payment would be - I was still excited. Didn't happen in that order. They took the club payment of $10.00 out prior to my agreed upon date and the special of $1.00 down.

I called - I went by - they explained they screwed up. I agreed to add that to my upcoming Dec-2018 payment. Well, they decided to bill me the full payment and not add it. I called - I stopped - please correct this and they decided to debit my account twice. Come January 2019 payment it was the same bull. Come February it happened all over again. Billed twice. I called and asked that they REMOVE my card from my account and I will come in and make payments. No problem per Nick and I stopped by the store and spoke with Nick. Oh, I fail to say at some point I said, “You guys have messed up from day one and I have been upset but worked with you and you have not offered me anything due to your screw ups.” We will take $25.00 off of your next payment February 2019. No problem - and I confirmed when I stopped by the store January 2019 about the upcoming February payment and that my card was no longer on file.

Not only did they debit my account for my February 2019 payment, but it was for the wrong amount altogether. I am so pissed because I have tried to get this account/payment right and they know my face and I have said to them, “I do not want to act ugly, please correct your wrong so that I can stay on the right foot with your company.” No no no no they do not want to get it right. At this point I am due a full month’s rent free, and a new account number. Please help me. I am so angry. How many times do I have to go to the store to follow up with a phone call and you look me in the face assuring me that you have corrected your error only not to have did a thing but lie to my face? I am frustrated, please excuse the run sentence - have a nice day!

Hello Carla,

That you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please end us a private message with your phone number and email address? We would like to have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you for further assistance. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have rented off Aaron's for a year now. I rented two queen size mattresses, 2 queen size box springs and 2 headboard. Not long after I got the beds I started noticing my daughter was getting ate up with something and we inspected both mattresses and box springs and come to find out the box springs are ate up with bed bugs. I called the office and was told that their furniture doesn’t have bed bugs. I never had this problem until I got their beds. They said they would consult with the manager and never called me back. We are still having issues and I’ve done everything I know and I demand they do something! This is beyond disgusting and we are a clean family. I pay quite a bit of money each month for these beds.

Hi Tara,

Can you please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number.We would like to investigate further and have our Divisional Management Team reach out to you for further assistance. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have been a long time customer of Aaron's and have purchased multiple sets of furniture, washer and dryers, a stove. I have always been happy with the customer service I received. This last time I had ordered a sectional and noticed that it became worn rather quickly. Speaking to the store Manager my only option was to purchase a new set. They would remove my old set give no credit and bring my new set in. I ordered my set that was already in the store on 12/05, scheduled delivery for 12/08. The morning of 12/08 I received a call stating they were short handed and would need to reschedule for the following week, Wednesday 12/12. On 12/12 I waited and waited and nobody called and nobody showed. The next day I called and I got the same response for the first week "short handed". I then rescheduled for 12/17.

On 12/17 Aaron's arrived and without measuring or bringing in the furniture they told my son (over the age of 18) the furniture would not fit. I called Monday and told them I just didn't agree and I would be in to measure the furniture myself as well as the wall in my house that was in questions. I work graveyards so it took me a week to go with my measurements and to measure the couch I had wanted. The store had already sold the couch I had wanted to another customer. I gave the sales manager my measurements and she agreed that the regional manager was incorrect and they would order my furniture. This all took place before Christmas. I waited and waited and never got a call.

Finally on 12/19 I called and spoke with sales Manager Pricilla and I asked her if my furniture was going to come in any time soon, she stated it had arrived the past Tuesday. I asked why I never received a call to have it scheduled for delivery? No apology. No real reason. She just said they could do it the following Tuesday, 01/22. My scheduled time for delivery was between 11AM-6PM. They did not show up until 7:00PM and again no call. They also didn't have the entire set that I ordered originally. The sales rep said she wasn't told to order the ottoman. I feel like my experience ruined my entire relationship that I had with Aaron's and I will no longer be purchasing from them.

Hi Robin,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear that you received less is saddening. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. -Tavius

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I am extremely disappointed with this company. I have been paying on a couch set for about 5 months now and I am late on my payment this month due to a medical emergency. When I advised the rep who called me that I would be making two months worth of my payments on February 4th, which is a week and a half before that second month is due, they refused to even listen - told me I had until January 31st and then hung up on me.

Not only that but they sent someone to my house after the fact and are now trying to charge me $10 for that on top of my $106+late fee. I understand the late fee however I am not paying for a driver to come out to my home when they were already aware of the situation. That and I live less than 3 minutes from the store. I will be paying on the 4th of February online. I will not be setting foot in my local store again. I understand this is a business, however without your customers you can't be anything. Keep that in mind. If any more representatives come to my house I will report them to the authorities for trespassing.

Hi Emily,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that you deserve from your local store. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. Hope to hear from you soon. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Getting my washer, dryer, and laptop was easy. 2 or 3 weeks after the delivery the washer wasn't working right and it was in new condition. They picked up to send it off for repairs. They bring back a washer that the front of it is dented and makes a massive amount of noise when it's running like it's a helicopter trying to take off because the machine is walking. I call multiple times about this and they refuse to replace or repair it. They say they will fix the washer over the phone and in person at the store but they never follow through and are just lying. This is ongoing issue for a year. Next is the dryer which takes 3 times to dry a small load or a large load. They sent a tech who didn't repair anything.

Quite a few months later they finally take the dryer to send it off for repairs and bring back a loaner that takes 4 times to dry and makes excessive noise and runs worse than the one I orginally started with. Next is the billing issue they agreed I can pay on the 8th of the month. Biling was fine until the last 3 months when they started showing up at my door when I paid it days before. I called in they agreed to change my bill date to the 15th over the phone which was another lie. I called to make a late payment because they didn't hold up their end of the agreement to find out they came over and disclosed my rental agreement to my neighbor which is violation of my privacy.

My signed rental agreement is between me and Aaron Rents not me, Aarons and my neighbor. I feel my information is no longer protected and confidential. After I made a complaint to corporate they called me and told me I made a complaint and haven't fixed anything mentioned above. They refuse to fix anything and they say the reason is a payment but everything is paid up to date. They informed me that the store is a pilot program and you can't make payments in the store so the payment line and the store don't match up on the price and my agreement. I feel like I'm being punished for a complaint I made and the customer service is all lies. This is the worse customer service of my entire life. The store address is 7224 Norris Fwy, Knoxville, Tn 37918.

Hi Soraya,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please send us a private message with your email address and your best contact number. We would like to have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you regarding your concerns. We hope to hear from you soon. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I have been a customer of Aaron Rents for over a year now and everything was going well until our town was hit by a hurricane. Immediately after we returned from our evacuation I called the store and spoke with the GM and he told me that the store was going to hold off on taking payments because they needed to assess the damages and they wanted to give people time to get back on their feet. Two weeks later (without notice) six different transactions came out of my bank account totaling two full bi weekly payments. I immediately called the store and the general manager apologised and told me to come in and make another payment and he would refund the other two.

So I did just that. After making my third payment, It took me two weeks just to get one refund back. The general manager told me it was out of his hands why I never received my other refund and that I had to take it up with my bank. After going back and forth about where my money went I found out through an account manager who surprisingly doesn't work there any more that only one refund was issued to me. When I called the GM of that store he told me not to worry about it and that he would fix it. I never got a receipt of this payment and I believe he just extended my account instead of crediting it which would mean my money was never applied. So where did my money go?

My husband is active duty military and we get paid on the first and fifteenth of most month so from the beginning I set up my payments to come out that way. On January 12th 2019 a payment comes out of my account. I call the GM and explained that my payments always came out on the 1st and 15th. He said he would change it. Three days later another payment comes out so I call the store again, the GM said, "You requested I take out this payment," I told him, "No. I requested that you put my account back to the original agreed easy payment plan of the 1st and 15th."

I explained this is a rental payment until ownership takes place and that the payment which was taken out on the 12th should have been applied as my 15th payment. That they had no right to take two payments without my permission. The GM refused to give me my money back. I was so frustrated that I decided to start paying off and returning items so I could wash my hands off this store. I immediately paid off my bed and came back less than a few weeks later to pay off my washer and dryer and return my son's game.

The GM reviewed the return and told me I owed him for a game. I told him the system never came with a game. He insisted it did and that I was going to have to buy him a game to go with the system. I told him to prove it came with a game and I would buy one. He rudely pulled out another box and started looking through it to prove his point and then he said, "Well I guess I owe you an apology. I guess it didn't come with a game." He printed out the receipt for my return and disrespectfully tosses at me to the point that I had to catch it before it flew off the counter. I explained to the GM that I felt he has a problem with me and that I feel harassed by him. He said, "No I don't have a problem with you, you just want to pay your payments anytime you want to."

How can that possible when my payments come out with easy pay? Anyways I noticed a sign on the countertop that offers discounts to military families because Aarons supports their Veterans and yet we were never given that discount so I asked about that. The store manager told me I was being ridiculous and that I received the discount. I asked him to show me. He said, "Do you have your agreements at home?" I said, "I sure do." He said, "Well you're going to need them!" I said, "Are threatening me?" He said, "No. I'm going to show you we applied your 10% discount."

After looking over his copies of the file he said, "Well I guess we never did give you the discount." I asked him if he could apply that discount to my payoff and he said. "I'll give you a discount on the balance that's owed but that's all." I told him I wanted to call corporate and he refused to give me the number. I asked him several times to give me the number and he told me, "I am corporate!" I said, "you're corporate?" He said, "I am a corporate store." I asked for the number again and he said I would have to figure it out myself.

He then told me since I was calling corporate that he was done dealing with me and to have a good day. He then walked into the back of the store. After spending about twenty minutes on my phone trying to figure out the corporate complaint line I finally got a hold of someone who took my complaint. I was so shaken up that I asked her to stay on the phone with me so she could witness the harassment. The girls working at the store kept apologizing to me and I told them it wasn't their fault.

One of the girls kept walking back and forth from me to the GM to complete my payoff because the GM refused to face me. I paid off my washer and dryer without the 10% discount because I was told in order to get the discount I would not get a printed receipt but I would get a written receipt. I told them I wanted a Aaron's printed receipt and that I didn't trust that store enough to get a written receipt. So I paid full price and got my regular receipt. I was promised by one of the girls there that after the regional manager came I would get my money back for the 10% off then.

That same evening I went home and was so distressed that my husband forced me to lay down. I was woken up by the regional managers call and he seemed to genuinely care about my concerns and said he would address them in the coming week. I'm still waiting to hear back from him but I thought what I went through was absolutely unprofessional and I can't believe this man is still running this store. I told him I hoped Aaron Rents would relieve him from his job due to his actions and he laughed at me and told me he was invincible and Aaron needed him more then he needed them. After paying off my last item I will never do business with Aaron Rents ever again. I've been harassed, lied to, and mistreated on so many levels. No customer deserves to be treated this way!

Hi Mary,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate your concerns further. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? We would like to have someone reach out to you from our Divisional Management Team. Please include in the email where you left your review. Thanks, Tavius

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Really no stars. I was to have a refrigerator delivered. There was a note on my door from my mgmt office that I had a credit on my rent. The delivery guy thought it was an eviction notice and went back to truck and then came back and said the refrigerator was damaged and they couldn't deliver. He then asked was the notice an eviction notice. I showed him the letter then he goes back to the truck and comes back to my door, saying they have to come back tomorrow. After calling the store and getting the runaround, I went up to the store and demanded to know what happened. They called the general manager who wanted me to show the sales person the letter. Now they want to call the management to verify the letter. Never will I rent again. I have contacted corporate.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Ronnette, Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear about your experience. .Please send us an email if you need any further assistance with your concerns. Also include where you left your review in your email -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I returned my mattress and boxspring and also refrigerator last month. They would not take my mattress because they said they saw a tiny hole. One of the drivers said those mattresses are in good shape. They got the refrigerator and took my box spring. Now they are threatening me with court papers to pay them for the mattresses but yet they have taken the boxspring. Every day they are harassing and threatening me. What do I suppose to do to stop the harassment every day? Help please?

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we would like to research your concerns further. We would like to have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you for further assistance. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Last week I had gone to the local Aaron's store to purchase a full size bed. I was told that they had no new ones but could order me one and it would be at the store 3 days later on Friday. Friday I go back to the store and they said, “Oh it doesn't look like it was ordered but we can order you one and it will be here next Wednesday.” I said, “Okay order it.” Now I am expected to make a payment 'cause I am reassured the bed will be here on Wednesday and we do all the paperwork, and set up a delivery time for late Wednesday afternoon.

The expected delivery time is almost at a close so I call the store and I am then told, “Oh the bed was not on the truck this morning.” My first thought is it’s 5 pm and you stated the truck came in the morning yet no one bothered to call me to say the bed did not arrive. I say this to the salesperson and I also inform her that I have gotten rid of my old bed this afternoon so that there would be room for the new bed, she huffs and says, “I will call you back. I have to see what can be done.” An hour passes and my patience is wearing thin so I call back since I know the store closes at 7 and she says, “Well I can have a different size bed delivered tomorrow and it’s been previously used.” I told her I did not want another size for which I do not have the room for a bigger bed and I did not want a used bed. I wanted a new one for the price I was going to end up paying for it.

She proceeds to snap at me that I will just have to wait till next Wednesday to see if it comes on the truck. I was expected to sleep on the floor for a week because no one there knows what the heck is going on!! I told her, “No I will not wait. I will be down for my money back,” to which she snapped at me, “Fine,” and hung up the phone. I would not mind waiting on something other than a bed. I mean really she implied to sleep on the floor for a week and to take a chance that it might be on the delivery truck, no thank you. I will never return to an Aaron’s store if this is how they treat people.

Hi Michele,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience. We will forward your concerns to our Divisional Management team. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

On Dec.13th 2108 I purchased a double bed. I called AARON'S to explain my issues and Alison who answered the phone was very unprofessional and rude. I had my friend help me check the bed. The tabs for protective covers were not closed properly. There was a small tear in bottom cover. I am finding bed bugs. I might be low income and on workers' compensation but THIS DOES NOT MEAN I should be treated like a liar. Alison immediately stated, "Our products DO NOT HAVE BEDBUGS." And began our very short conversation that I'M RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND CANNOT RETURN BED. I had not even stated anything to that effect. All Alison could say is: "Someone will be sent out to inspect the bed." I reside in an MB housing apt. Reason I went to AARON'S in 1st place.

As I had issues with bed bugs in past. I'm waiting for a knee replacement and this is too much to deal with. I am disappointed and offended by the reaction I received. I had no intention of NOT PAYING. I'm so disappointed and I'd suggest to people to not go to Aaron's store. My bed was used prior to my purchase and was told bed was steamed, etc. The 2 who put it together were not informative except when I asked if bed had been steamed. "Oh yeah," I was told. What a major letdown I experienced.

Hi Sandra,

We are sorry to hear of your experience with your local Aaron's store and will look into your concerns further. We will forward your concerns to our Divisional Management team. -Tavius

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

So a few weeks back I got a washer and dryer from Aaron’s. Hooked up my washer wrong. I just found out they only hand tightened my hoses by hand and never actually tightened it all the way so there was a slow leak I just found and my floorboard is now need to be replaced and how can I have Aaron’s pay for it?

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will have a member of our Divisional Management Team reach out to you for assistance with your concerns.- Tavius

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I have rented with them for many years without an issue until I moved to Charlotte. I leased a washer and dryer from them and had them pick it up due to moving and there being a set where I was moving to. I was informed that if I needed to lease again the money I paid on the previous set would be applied and I would be able to get the same set as previously. Well I moved again and called to have them deliver the set and apply my money. They bring a different set which was horrible and never applied my money from previous set.

After going back and forth with the store who was horrible and corporate who said they would apply the back money but never did I told them to come pick up the set. I was informed on several occasions that they would not because I had it too long. I informed them of when I was moving and they needed to pick it up and again they told me no. Now after 3 years they sold my information to another company who is threatening me on criminal charges and asking me to pay way more than the horrible set was. I am speaking with an attorney now to sue both companies due to this horrible issue. Don't trust them.

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate your concerns further. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number?This is not the experience we want customers to have and look forward to hearing from you! Please include in the email where you left your review. -Tavius

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have bunk beds from Aaron's. Not sure how long I have rented them. Maybe close to a year. I changed my number and failed to give Aaron's my new number so I'm sure in a panic they cannot get in touch with me. I have a small balance that was due for my last payment and my new payment is actually due on the 30th. The day that I chose to pay Aaron's comes by my house twice. The second time, argued with my dad and told them that he said that I may be here by 7:30 which I was not. The guy showed up at 9 and I still was not home. He says to my father, "You told me she was going to be here." Am I obligated to be home? No I think not.

He asked for my phone number which my dad really didn't have it and if he did he doesn't have to give my phone number to anyone coming to his store so I call this morning to update my phone number, told the guy that I was speaking with that I couldn't speak very long because I was at work. He insist in continuing to talk to me. I said very firmly, "I cannot speak right now and I will call you back," so I guess he had to try to get the last word and say, "When are you going to resolve this man?" I said, "I'll call you back," so I kindly called back and I expressed to him how rude he was. "If I'm at work and I tell you that I'm not able to speak to you don't keep trying to make me speak," I told him he was very rude and was very unprofessional. He turned around and says to me, "Well everybody has their own opinion."

I said, "So you as the consumer feel that you can't apologize for being rude. I am not going to apologize on a recorded line. No I'm not." He stated, "So when you're rude to me I can't speak to you." I told him that I would be there Thursday to make the payment. He said, "Thursday is next year." Today is the 28th of December so of course Thursday is next year so he's yelling and over-talking me and says, "Listen. We came by your house twice yesterday and it's either the merchandise or the payment," so I told him to do what he had to do and he was not going to bully me. I asked him did he own Aaron's because he was overdoing his job. He said, "I have shares." Duh I'm sure a lot of people have shares in a whole lot of things. That doesn't make you the owner.

With that being said after I pay for these beds I will never ever ever ever go to Aaron's in my life. I will never recommend anyone to deal with Aaron's. You ruined it for the rest of the people in that store because the other people were pretty nice and I had a good rapport with them but it's always has to be someone who wants to overdo their job to satisfy their own ego and his name which he told me very proudly and very freely William ** at the Hempstead store in Hempstead New York on Fulton Avenue. I will be calling corporate and reporting him.

Hi Denise,

We are sorry to hear about your concerns with your local store. Has the Divisional Management Team been in contact with you regarding your concerns? -Tavius

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

So I've been a good customer of Aaron's for about 4 years. I'm currently on my third purchase/rental. Now bear in mind that you can't make it 4 years as a customer w/o making payments. Recently after being a week late on a payment, my bill jumps up over $30. Apparently the late fee got an "in home visit" fee tacked on for $10, a "non-renewal" fee despite that I paid. Actually, the only thing missing from my receipt is a "Late fee!"

Now, in my profession, I'm at work before the store opens and work past their closing time. When was there time for an in home visit? I also discover from my roommate that whatever thug they sent to my home took the liberty of opening the door before even attempting to knock, which I'm pretty sure falls under the aspect of trespassing. There is no customer loyalty, they charge for bs fees, and might actually rob you if you leave your door unlocked. Anyone considering this as an option should strongly reconsider. My experience with Aaron's in the past year has been absolute hell and harassment. Don't overpay them when it doesn't even help your credit prosper.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Reginald, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

We place an order for a fridge in the store near us. Everything was good and nice. He assure us in 1 week, Friday we will have the fridge here. After 1 week Friday, no call. We call and we spoke with a nice lady and she found our order, but our fridge didn't came yet. She assure us the fridge will be here next week. Now we will wait for 2 week to pass to be able to have our Christmas present.

We wait another week to pass, but again Friday comes and nobody call, so Saturday we call and guess what, the fridge is not in. Again the nice lady Amy, said, "I see your order but I don't know what is going on," so she said, "Can you please come to talk with our manager because he order the fridge for you." We got really disappointed in that moment, because we order more than 1 item with Aaron and never had this problem.

Now we are going to find out what is going on, we got in the store. The manager is not able because he is in a meeting so we need to leave and come back, very professional. After 1 hour we go back and the manager get out with big mouth on us, telling us he never place the order for us. He didn't understood we want the fridge, this is what he said. Now we are really confuse. He just had a file in his hand and said, "No order for you," he turn around and left, and us still confuse with no fridge.

TODAY 12/27, after almost 2 weeks from that incident we got a call from that lady AMY, and she did our day brighter, she said, "I'm sorry. I don't know how but your fridge is HERE." WOW. So the order was on?, We confirm we want the fridge and we will be there around 2 pm to take it, today. NOW after 1 hour, 12:15 pm, 12/27, she call us again saying sorry and couldn't explain WHY, but THE MANAGER sold out fridge which came on our name in this morning and we got call for, he sold it to another person with no reason.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I was sick, out of state and give them permission to go in and get furniture since was out of work. Very rude and hostile. My dog had been not looked after good by daughter but finally got placed. I took responsibility and paid for what he did. The Aaron’s worker took video and showed outsiders not just co workers. They left glass tables and forced me to pay even though in good condition. They now say I owe more. I was good customer for years and now will not recommend them to anyone. I am presently talking to lawyer, not sure what else to do. Thank you.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? We would like to have a member of our Divisional Management Team investigate your concerns further. Please include where you left your review in the email. Tavius

Aaron Rents Company Information