Aaron Rents

Aaron Rents

3.9/5 (706 ratings)

About Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

Aaron Rents Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I have been a Customer of Aaron's in Houston Texas since 2018. Never had a problem. I have rented plenty, fast forward to Dec 2021, when I rented a PlayStation for my husband... If you are a few days behind they call you 30 times a day, drive by your house and knock on the door like the police... Today I was home by myself and a driver came to the door beating on the door and using the knocker and even tried to twist the knob just to collect payment or the merchandise. I told him I was not letting him in and I would give payment online... He yelled through the door "I better take care of my business"... When he left I was shaking, I was in fear of my safety..

I called the store manager Marvin to ask for the driver name and he gave me a fake name "John". I asked for the regional manager info and he refused that info, I contacted Aaron's by email but no response. Since the manager refused to give me the driver info and never apologized. I am very tempted to make a police report and also call the local news to let them know what I dealt with today... Aaron's says its policy to come out and do a field visit, but they don't realize how dangerous this is, the driver needs to understand this merchandise is not their personal belongings and they are just doing a job, please do not come to Customers home and make demands of threats... This is bad customer service in Aaron's behalf, and Aaron's needs to change their policy.. A PlayStation is only 600.00 at Walmart... I have paid $1618.00 and still have another $1618.00 to go.. Ridiculous.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Tamika, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

I have been a valuable and loyal customer of Aaron Rents To Own Store In Kinston Nc. The Customer Service Associate Manager Mr. ** Is very Nasty and Rude and keeps calling me and harassing for Payment Which I Have Already made my payment.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Angela, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I've been renting furniture from Aaron's since 07/1/22 until now and their customer service is inhuman. I'm very displeased with their manners they delivered me furniture that they broke admitted the fact I'm still paying for and won't be fair in. Settling the matter don't buy from them period, Aaron's is Garbage. They won't reconsider their issues, they claim I'm the issue I'm buying out furniture they broke off their truck The day they delivered to me.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Adrienne, Thank you for bringing this to our attention as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number, along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I had ordered a bed for my son back in October. They came to delivery the bed and they could not put it together. They said they have to order a piece for the bed. They set up another date to come out never showed up. Then said they would be late then they said they couldn't come because they lost the pieces. Then I was told that they cannot order the parts. I had to choose another bed. Now every time I call they either don't answer the phone or they always say the manager is on the phone and he will call back and never does. About every 2 weeks I get a notification that they are going to charge my card for something that I do not have. This is very poor customer services. And 2 months later I am still fighting to even get the manager (Brian) on the phone.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Patty, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

Horrible Custome Service. Couple exiting the store was upset and were walking out! Some kind of complaint about the place being a RIP-off. I was there to complete an order and purchase a TV. So I started to look around, beds, TV's etc...just browsing. I inquired about a TV and was told I can't purchase it because I already skipped out on another store. I was shocked, and quite pissed as they did this by yelling across the store. Embarrassing. I said, "I don't know what you're referring to as I do have an account, for over a year, it's on Auto Pay and Current." Now I needed a Washer and Dryer due to my household move. Alexis said, "That's OK. I already notified the other store that you skipped on...they know how to get you now." I was quite confused, and again, embarrassed. Even if true, why not pull me to the side versus yell across the store.

Then oddly enough because I was there to sign paperwork, I'm wondering wait, you just called me a stiff, why would you rent to me again? I asked for a communication from Dave. No luck, he left the store. I drove 30 minutes to meet him and he's not even there. I was so confused about the comments, the absence, the rushed nature to do paperwork and the inability to purchase a TV Cash, of that was because they can make a whole lot more from a rental. Call me crazy. So I attempted a follow-up call which went nowhere, I was told I'm not a customer and they HUNG UP on me. Wow.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jack, Thank you for bringing this to our attention as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I will not be leasing from Aaron's again at all. Certain employees don't listen when it comes to my payments. I have made payments ahead of time and still have had my account overdrawn. Just recently asked could I make a payment a day late and the employee said yes then my account was still overdrawn. The employee did not make the arrangements for me to pay 1 day late at all. I am so over it!!! Just purchase your furniture.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Briana, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I wanted to buy a dryer because my old one went out. The dryer I chose on the store said 90 days same as cash on the sign which was 323.00. I made the first payment of 85.00 even though they were running a 1.00 down deal. It is now Oct and I have made a payment of 430.00 and still owe 65.00. I was told by the company they don't do 90 days same as cash on an item that low. I woulda had to have just paid the 323.00 all at once even though that is not what the salesman told me and it's also not what the sign said that was sitting on the dryer.

I guess in hindsight I shoulda read the lease agreement before making my decision as to if I wanted to deal with them or not but when they have a sign sitting on the item AND a salesman telling you what you are reading on the item is true why would you? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Find another furniture store do not use this company. I must have hit the nail on the head because I see all the other reviews about this company.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Miya, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way as this is not the experience we would have expected you to have. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I been a customer for a Bloomfield NJ store since opening 16 years ahora and I always pay more than 25,000 dollars, but few months ago I ask the Store to run one month into the end of my current contract because I been sick and in very bad economical situation and apparently they did but they did not, later on I continue to pay but now for them I owe money. They keep calling, send messages, also in the apps saying that I owe money. They coming here leaving open papers, exposing my privacy to others visit me is horrible. Telling me that they will coming for my stuff is so embarrassing.

I know I have to pay but in current and I did not deny pay. I was assuming that the store run the payment and they did not, I always pay and I feel like a criminal the way they treat me exposing me. I’m 60 year old woman. At this stage of my life I’m not steal anything from none body something that is almost paid of but at what price? Think twice before purchase something in Aaron’s

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jacqueline, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Forget that this is a predatory company that preys on the poor with interest rates to rival pay day loans. I have leased a dresser from them, and thought I'd look into a coffee table. I found one I really like for a little over a grand that looked great. I thought I'd look it up to how much I could buy it outright for. So I copy pasted the name of the table. Guess how much it was on Amazon for. $175!!!! Guess how much the monthly payments for a year and a half were. $125 That's right. Aaron's wants $1500 if you ride out the entire lease. For $50 you save yourself $1325. Gross!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kristy, It’s true you’ll pay more when you lease-to-own, but the customer makes the decision based on their own budget and the benefits we offer. It’s ok if you don’t have the best credit or need some more time to make a payment – we build a relationship and work together. We even provide ways for you to save money by paying out early. We know there are other options out there but when you come to Aaron’s, we invest in the relationship and make it easy to own brand-name products.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

On 8/11/2022 my wife purchased a desktop bundle for me through Aaron’s, the delivery date was scheduled for 8/16/2022. On the day of delivery my wife had an appointment for our baby and left all the information with me to handle the situation for delivery, they stated that the person only needed to sign and be 18+ so that’s what I did upon delivery. 2 minutes later they took it back. We tried to reschedule the delivery and provide PHYSICAL proof of Identification, and they refuse to release the product to us, they refuse to do business with us, they refuse to close our lease out. I just want my product . The manager was VERY rude. Continued to talk over me time after time again. I want my product or I will be escalating my claim until I feel like it’s been taken care of.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Antwan, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience as this is not the experience we would have expected you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you!

Aaron Rents Company Information