Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact Jessica Rudnick at 678-402-3403 or email response@aarons.com for the opportunity to resolve your concerns prior to posting a review.

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received two letters from Aaron's the first dated 11/08/2016 said that I will owe $284.31 if I make all my regular scheduled payments. As of today 11/08/2016 I owe $183.10, last payment was 11/03/2016. I called my bank and they say my last payment was on 11/07/2016 for the amount of $80.98. But seven days after I got the letter dated 11/15/2016 it says the same thing and that I have to pay $183.10 by the 1st. I have always paid on the 3rd because of my disability status. They know that I'm on. I called yesterday to pay it off and I now have the extra $100.00 added because they did it on the first, not the regular scheduled payment date the 3rd, basically gouging me. And after seeing other posts about this company I'm not the only one.

The person who did this, his name is Shane but both letters have just a employee code **. I'm not happy at all about this and I'm hoping that you are able to help. I have overpaid for this bed but to tack on another $100.00 for no other reason but to steal from me and other people. I paid yesterday as I have been the whole time and spoke to a great guy, Martin.

I asked what is happening, how come I can't pay the $183.10 on my regular pay day? And if my last payment according to them was on 11/03/2016 but Wells Fargo Bank has it recorded as 11/07/2016 for the amount of $80.98, seems too close to them flat out stealing from me. Or please tell me this is okay to do and I won't pursue further action. Thank you for helping me and all the people this company has stolen from.

I've been a customer of Aaron's for a little while. I have a loveseat, ps4 and recently a 50 inch t.v.. I have been making my payments on time. This month I've had some personal issues happen where I had to deal with. I told the manager of the issues and told him I would be late making my payment. I've been late one other time and paid the late fees. This time he doesn't want to work with me, so now yesterday they came and got the television. Today they want to come and get my loveseat and the ps4. I told him I can't understand why you are being this way. I paid my late fees before and this is only the second time I've ever been late with my payment. I told him come get the stuff and I will never rent from you again!!

I have been a long-time customer of Aaron's Peoria store Tulsa Oklahoma. I'm on disability and don't make a whole lot and made it possible for me to purchase a mattress with my low budget. They went beyond and above the Call of Duty. The two gentlemen that deliver the mattress was polite, professional, and willing to please. Thank you Aaron's.

I went from Aaron's in Cleveland Ohio the lake shore store. The manager of the store is named Mike. Originally when I went in to rent my furniture I express to him that I do not get paid until the last week of the month. He told me he would give me until the 1st of each month to pay my bill before I would have to pay a late fee. Meanwhile my mother went in to rent a TV. She paid 4 months in advance which he shouldn't have done and decided that she wasn't going to pay triple for TV that she could just go out and buy so she had them come pick the TV she had from them which left a balance on her account. They refuse to at first refund her money or put it towards my account. What invention they did do so they put the her balance towards my bill but I've been getting harassed ever since. My mother was very pissed when she was in the store and she's a beast and she went off on them but that's no reason for them to harass me because my mother is a beast.

I called in today to make my payment. Mike got on the phone and wanted to chastise me and talk to me like I was a child. He's denying the fact that the agreement that we originally made was my bill will be due on the 1st. Now they're making me pay late fees. I hate that I ever dealt with Aaron's and I would never recommend them to anybody else and I would never deal with them no more. If you deal with Aaron's you're making a big mistake.

I have gotten a lot of things from Aaron in DeLand, FL but we got ill and the store told my family I had stolen things in my home. Called them and told the manager we was ill to come and get the bed frame. No one ever came but they called everyone of friends, family that we stolen the thing from Aaron. Talk about breaking laws. First the law says this: you need to call customer care not tell others what they have done. Next it is a personal business matter not to say all kind of things to other members of your family or friends. If Aaron does this to me how many more do they talk about.

Class action lawsuit is what I am thinking about. Maybe they need to be closed down. I think Aaron in DeLand, FL. 32724 needs to have a whole new crew. You tell them to come and get it and no one shows up and then they call everyone of your friends, family member, old co workers, tell this kind of crap. Sorry but they need to be closed for getting paid four times the amount for a washer or tv when you can buy from Lowe’s and Walmart cheaper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's INC?

I been dealing with Arron's furniture since 2003 and have preferred people there. Hampton Virginia store is being ran by a very nice man. Since 2003 I never had any problems with them, until my new purchases in May and June of 2015. I was told I was on a year lease which I always been on. The year up and I was told no I was on a 2 year lease. I'm paying double. Also you have value customers been with you for awhile you all don't anything extra for them. I'm very upset that a loyal customer like myself would not be inform of the 2 year contract. I was going to purchase from someone else. But I was talked into staying with you all. I'm thinking I'm on a year contract. I read a lot of reviews it seem there is a lot of 1. Aaron's seem not to care about their customers. Just getting their money.

I was not happy with the RCA television. The television would change colors. Peoples would be a difference colors the malfunction. I want my equity back that I invested in the tv. I invested 9 months of monies for a bad tv. Aaron's need to refund my monies back or apply the monies to my other lease property. I don't want to continue any more monies or due or have any business with Aaron's lease. My experience with Aaron's is to not rent or lease from them.

I just wanted say that me and my wife are so upset. We normally don't go through rent to Own but we did cause we were in need for a tv. We saw the same tv the other day at Walmart for 699$ and we are being charged over 2000$ for the same tv. So if I don't have the money to pay for it put it on layaway. At least you know that you will not being ripped off cause when we walked in to Aaron's we told them that we wanted no more than 12 months to pay it off and they told us that it would be a 12 month lease. And come to find out after 12 month was coming up we called and they said "You are half way there." And I paused and "what did you say?" And they said the same thing and I said that we were lied to and that I would not deal with them again. The day brought our tv to us they brought it to me not in a box or nothing just the tv. And I asked for new. For all I know it could have been the one that was display that they play from the time they open till they close.

I ordered the 2 piece mattress set October 20, 2016 which I put down $52.00 the required down payment. I didn't my new mattress until Thursday November 10, 2016 @ 7:30 pm at night. Now when I opened the door, the manager of the Aaron's store and a delivery guy stood there with only the mattress but no box spring. Who in the hell orders a mattress with no box spring... I had no bed but the new mattress being delivered so I took it with a promise from both the manager and the delivery guy that they would correct the situation. I called Saturday November 12, 2016 and got the runaround and I'm still sleeping on the floor. Thank you Aaron's, I'm very unhappy.

Called in July to change my due date at the beginning of the arrangement and was told it was no problem... Well I was reviewing my agreement before I made my payment this month and noticed I have been being charged a late fee so I call and I am told that I can make my payments over the phone or come into the store to have it waived (store is 10 miles from my house). The "manager" who constantly interrupted me said this as if I should have already known and then proceeds to ask me with an attitude that if they only offered one due date what would I do! Excuse me what happened to customer service?

We purchased a bedroom set and we seen 2 small roaches a week ago on one of the dresser's. Now last not my hubby found a huge one at 2 am when he went to the restroom. I got up and there were baby 1 on the wall total of 8 we killed and that's pulling out drawers and they were in the drawers hidden. Lucky I had ant spray and I sprayed everywhere. Now I'm so worried if there more I have to go get a fogger cause I can't afford these nasty things in my house.

Bed Bugs. Nashville Tennessee. Nolensville Rd. Order new mattress. They brought me a display from the store. With no plastic on it. The picture is my back. I also have bites on my face. Had mattress before for 4 years. Gave it to my neighbor. Never a complaint about bed bugs. Live in my apt for 5 years. Never had problems with bed bugs until Aaron brought me the bed. With bugs and I specifically told them I want a new mattress. Manager told me. The display is new. Mattress. LMAO. Display new. With no plastic. How many people sit on it. Or lie on it. It's not new. So I'm getting a lawyer.

We started out renting a washer and it stopped working so many times. They sent over a new washer. The delivery guy forgot to hook up hose. I started a load of laundry went to bed (just had surgery) woke up to a flooded house! It ruined my wood floor and furniture. Haven't had it looked at or fixed! 2 months later, I'm still WAITING.

Been renting 3 months. Got behind. They took refrigerator. 2 weeks later they want to return it and I said I already got one. Told them we talked on phone. Said be in Friday. Make payment and was told that be ok. So 1 hour later they came back and took living room furniture and bedroom suite. They left the stove. They have no communication with each other. This ordeal does not make sense to me. It's horrible experience...

Dont go to wenatchee Aaron's. The new manager is awful. I have been a loyal, early payoff buyer for years. My warrantied mattress was seen by the crew and deemed to have a flaw. Manager said she would replace it right away. 4 months later I am still on the couch. Not even a word from her, and worse I sent a friend in to see if they had a extra firm and sure enough there is one on the showroom floor. Save your money and go anywhere else.

Tired of them. I went to rent a bed and fridge. I have been with them and paying on time for over 5 years. I always return my stuff when it's all but paid -- I have lately anyway because of changes in work/School geographies. So 3 1/2 months later they want a new application - after having been with them for ages and paying out way more money than the items were worth. They want my references again and I didn't think they actually call them all! They called and I am getting calls from people saying that Aaron was calling about me. I am sick of this. What I do is my business!! If I were late for a payment and they couldn't find me I can see checking a reference and calling on it but not when I am a prior excellent customer and have paid them for years!! Very illegal practice and I will be contacting Multiple agencies on this illegal practice -- if anyone wants to join me in a joint suit please respond to this.

My husband and I rented a chair from Aaron's and that was the worst mistake we had ever made. First off we told them that we needed the payments on the first Friday of the month. Considering that is when both of us get paid. On the first they would be blowing up our phones while we are at work. Then the chair broke so they came and got it to "fix" it. They had it two weeks longer than they told us and wouldn't let us know what was going on with it. Needless to say the chair came back in worse condition that we sent it in. When we received the chair back from being repaired if we would have sat in it the back would have broke off. So we called them again. They came to "fix" the chair at our house. They didn't do anything to the chair.

When my husband called them outraged that our chair still wasn't fixed they told him that I told the repairman that the chair was fine and it didn't need fixed. My husband told them we no longer wanted the chair. They were supposed to come pick it up this morning between 10-3. When I called them this morning to see if they had an estimated time because we had a family emergency happening they proceeded to tell me that they weren't supposed to be there until between 3-7. She said "but let me call them and see if I can get them out there right at three and I will call you back." 2 hours went by and I still hadn't heard anything so I called them back.

A different lady answered the phone and she told me that my appointment for them to pick it up today was cancelled. I told her "no it wasn't. I want this chair out of my house today because all you guys do is lie." She said "I will have someone out to your house as close to three as I can." It isn't now 5 and they still haven't been here. So much for being with my family today when we have a family emergency going on. They don't care about customers. Customers are just another number to them. I will never rent anything from Aaron again. This is the store in Mount Pleasant Michigan.

I would highly recommend the store location on Blackwood Clementon Rd. The people in the store are always courteous, kind, and willing to work with you. I will be a repeat customer.

I would highly recommend Aaron's furniture on West Judge Perez!!! The people are so very helpful and full of product knowledge. They made my situation so much easier! I had just moved to the area and they were able to fully meet all my needs, and the store is always super clean!!!

Store number F749 is the best Aaron's ever with Mike and the crew. I love the furniture and they are willing to help out no matter what you ask for. I am a repeat customer.

I'd had rented from Aaron's for 6 plus yrs, have a few tv's and furniture pieces. I rented a mattress with a bedroom suite, and a laptop. I called them to tell them I no longer wanted to rent either pieces any longer. They waited for weeks to come and get them, always making an excuse of some kind, they couldn't. They told me I was late and was never late on payment, always was early. They took me to court stating the laptop was damaged and the mattress when absolutely nothing was damaged at all. This guy Ray, looked right at the judge and lied right in his face. So... this went on my credit. One thing for sure, I will never pay them... not ever even if on my credit I can work my score up to a better level... These dirt bags are nothing more than criminals. Stay away from the Waynesboro VA store... It's terrible. Their entire personal affect changed from smoky and nice, to nasty and rude.

2 months ago, I called and inquired about a payoff amount. It was $273.00 and some change. I paid $188.28 in another 2 payments. I called today 9-9-2016 for a payoff amount. I was expecting maybe $100.00 and some change. Why is the amount $282.042? They blamed it on New Jersey taxes. HOW? I would like an explanation other than "I don't know" from Aaron's employees. Or how do I contact the state for a explanation?

Was told that a washer and dryer sold to me could be delivered to address other my own. After making ON TIME payments for 3 months, manager told me his boss said this was against store policy. Jake, the lying manager, reissued the finances to the residents at the home holding the appliances. They began their initial payment on these items as new. They received no credit for my payments and my $400 plus in payments were never reimbursed. They were paid TWICE for the same items.

I have been an Aaron's customer off and on for years. I made the fatal mistake of renting from the Aaron's in Johnson City, TN. The manager, Sabrina is a liar and she is very manipulative. She is nice til she has you reeled in, kinda like a fish. Once you are hooked, she lies and manipulates you to the max. We were going on vacation and sat a bedroom suite out for them to pick up. We called multiple times to get them to pick it up. Sabrina said "we won't pick it up until you make a payment on the washer and dryer" but told the district manager, Brandon, that she didn't have anyone to pick it up that day. No big deal, Tuesday was another nice sunny day and again she wouldn't allow anyone to pick it up til I made a payment on the washer and dryer, which I did on Thursday.

When we called them on Monday, we spoke to a nice gentleman named Jeremy. He told us Sabrina said she would not pick up the bedroom suite until we made the w/d payment but the next time we talked to him, he said "I told you we had no one to pick it up on Monday", to which I replied "No one on Tuesday or Wednesday either?" They claim they went out on Friday and the entire bedroom suite was ruined, which I know was not the case because we covered the dresser and nightstands. They are again just trying to be manipulative. They also refused to give me a receipt number for this review and said that the district manager would be handling my account from now on.

I can't believe how this store does business and maintains customers. I didn't believe it to be unreasonable to try to return merchandise but a payment on another account was held over my head and they intentionally waited til after the rain from Hermine had wet parts of the bedroom suite. Please people, this is a true representation of this store and I am just trying to let you know to avoid it. I tried to transfer my account to Kingsport and was refused that as well. Sabrina really knows how to play the system and lie her way out of deals. Not to mention, this store has been through about 4 managers since I got this bedroom suite and that should have clued me in that there was something wrong in Johnson City.

I will not deal with this store again, will make payments online to keep away from the evil that works within this place. I contacted corporate the day they refused to pick up the furniture which was 8/29 and today they just got back with me on my complaint. I guess they do this underhanded stunt to try to make people pay for the merchandise that they choose to not pick up. I am not complaining about the price... this is a complaint against the employees that fall prey under Sabrina. By the way, the only reason I was returning the furniture was because the bed was queen and I needed a King size. The store number is C1322.

Aaron Rental tells you they will report to the credit agencies if you pay off an item and will show as good credit. When Aaron reports it does nothing for your credit because they do not report the payment history. In fact it can hurt your credit either way by not paying or paying it off only hurts your credit more if you do not pay and they have to collect their merchandise. If you pay off your account they turn it in as a closed account with no history which in turn gives you a few points off your credit report so be careful if you chose to rent items to own. Please be aware that paying for your items on time does not help your credit but if you do not make your payments it will hurt 50 times more than a few points off your credit.

Wanted a new washer & dryer and build credit. I was told credit reporting would be done monthly - never late. I called asking for a new WM & no dryer, dilapidated washer we have them I provided the models #. I have. When we get there they give me a price on a used one. I SAW The machine. It looked new but wasn't I already made a down payment so I'm stuck. So they assured me that for warranty purposes it is considered new. I not according to Samsung who Happened to say the unit was repaired before?

OMG! I thought I was the only one that's had a bad experience with Aaron's! I deal with the one in Richmond KY, I have to say that the manager there Bobby has been good to me but others have been so smart asses! Anyway I financed a washer and dryer, riding mower, big screen television, a refrigerator and a laptop. I've been a good customer, but here lately they want to call me before my payments due, passed me off! I have everything paid off but the television two more payments and I am done with them, the riding mower constantly breaks down, but the biggest issues is the Amana washer dryer set.

I don't pay much attention to the contracts, but they charged me $1,900, for a used set, you can buy a new set for $450! But, I hate the lid locking feature! And when they gave me a replacement washer, it was junk & they tell me my warranty ran out! So I said screw this! I got on eBay & found a Maytag washer dryer set for $40 - they are 28 years old and work like new!!!

My wife loves & missed being able to raise the lid, let whites soak & change the settings etc... yall know what I'm talking about! So I called a guy who bought ANY washer not working for $20. I called him, he came out & he wouldn't buy it, lid locked, new kind! Only thing wrong was, when it spun, the tub banging, out of control. I replaced everything, eas in perfect balance, etc... The Maytag is made right! No plastic tub & springs, but metal tub & gears, old school!I Was crazy to get involved with these people, but I had bad credit and I've learned my lesson! I can now buy stuff at a low interest rate, I have decent credit now & I don't have to pay triple for stuff! Save your money, buy good used products, sometimes they have warranties on them, but I can fix about anything and I was so stupid the phone with the rent to own place!

Aaron's is a bad place to get your furniture from. They are always rude if you are late on a payment. Even if you make your payment, they still call you wondering where your payment is. They obviously do not communicate with each other. And, when you do have to make a late payment, they talk to you as if you aren't paying because you just plain don't want to. I feel they purposely try to make you feel like crap. I feel like I am on pins and needles when I know I won't be able to make my payment on time because they make you feel scared and nervous. I think they should make some changes as far as THEIR customer service goes. They sure don't make you comfortable renting from them.

Just...wow. I have been paying on a washer and dryer for a year now and figured I would pay it off with a credit card I just got. My remaining balance at Aaron's was $1,311 and my credit card had $1,250 balance so I figured I would pay that off and leave only 61 bucks left to pay at Aaron's. I had planned on paying that final 60 in another day but to my surprise in a matter of 24 hours Aaron's has decided to show my new balance remaining as over $600. So in a matter of 24 hours my remaining balance went up over $550 dollars for... some reason. I suppose when I call to question why this has happened they will have a lovely fine print BS reason. DON'T EVER USE A SERVICE LIKE THIS!

Absolute Zero Stars. I live with some relatives that bought and rented Aaron's furniture. Aaron's is a fraud. They act all good the first month then it immediately goes downhill from there. The fully paid for washer and dryer after a month immediately started having problems. Clothes don't fully wash or spin and it stalls making an awful screeching noises. The dryer takes two to three times to dry anything and I'm talking about medium to small loads here. Then there's the rented furniture they were charging for items never received for months before fixing the problem. Then they were told that we wanted to give up everything but the couch because it's the only object we could afford and they refused to take it back and we were charged for unwanted furniture and late fees.

Now they are going to basically steal the furniture knowing we will pay them by Thursday this week so they decided to come take it knowing we want it the couch not the other furniture. Basically don't buy anything or rent anything from Aaron's. It's not worth the price they're asking for their falsely believed to be working electronics to the furniture hiding broken insides/springs. Honestly it be cheaper and longer lasting to buy from Walmart or small companies because they can't afford to cheat or lie to. Read the fine print and make them sign a official legal agreement beforehand and have everything examined before and after if you dismiss these reviews protected yourself even if you don't believe.

Aaron Rents Company Profile