Aaron Rents
3.22/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

1058 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've been renting from Aaron's in Bolingbrook IL for about 8 years now. From Day one Aaron's have treated me like I was family. It wasn't all about me purchasing something from the store. They really wanted people like me who have challenging credit or not enough money for a downpayment to experience having some beautiful Furniture, sleeping in a bed of your choice. And if you're still going to the laundromat you might as well take what your spending on washing a month and invest in a washing machines and dryer from Aaron's. You could own it within 12 months. It's all up to us to take advantage of all the blessings that Aaron's have waiting for us. And a wonderful staff of people who is waiting to serve you!

Hi Wynonia,

We would just like to say thank you for being a part of our family. We are very grateful for your continued patronage because we wouldn’t be here without loyal customers like you. You could have chosen any other business, but we appreciate that you have stuck with us. Thank you, again, and have a great day! -Tavius

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Me and my wife have been renting for a couple years now, and let me tell you we have been treated absolutely great. We live in Oakland M.D. The store manager Nick is FANTASTIC. He makes sure we have whatever we need, fixes any issues immediately, never bullies us or gets on us about our payments which we always pay regardless if we're slightly late or not. If he does not have what we're looking for he gets it and makes sure it's in top quality. Me and my wife are grateful of this because I've been battling cancer for 8 years now so knowing a great Store manager like Nick is working there, taking care of people like us and being fair this guy deserves a massive raise.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Daniel, Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you. ---Chelle

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I leased my 55 inch Samsung TV back in July of 2017, and it's been nothing shy of great. However, the only concern I have is not being able to look online and see how much longer, or how much I owe on my lease. I've called the store on two separate occasions to find out my balance on the account and what the early buyout would be. I was told two completely different amounts along with early buyout amounts. It would make it easier for me as a customer to look online and see how much longer I have on my account. Other than that I'm happy with the product, but I don't think I will do business with Aaron's again.

Hey Mitchel,

Truly apologize, however, online you can see the pay out amount and how much you currently owe. Any addtional info can only be given from the store. Below I have provided the link you can click on to pay online and get basic info about account. -Kala

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I went to Aaron's and bought a laptop on payments and had to take back because it was password protected. So was given another one. While still under warranty the hard drive went in it so laptop company sent me a new hard drive at no cost to me and all I had to do was put new hard drive in and send the old hard drive back to the company. I have since paid off the laptop and have no other problems with it. Yes I have paid 3 times what it was worth but I was able to improve my credit. So was worth it in my book. The Aaron's store in Punxsutawney, PA has an amazing staff and my family and I have been getting stuff at Aaron's for years and haven't had any problems.

HI Mary,

Thank you for sharing! This is awesome to hear! We greatly appreciate and value our customers! -Kala

Original review: July 27, 2018

Over a 15 year span, I have been in situations where I NEEDED to rent to own a few things. I've used two different Aaron's due to moving twice. Altoona, P.A. and Indiana P.A. Both agreements went as agreed, no issues at either location. Upon reading reviews, I felt compelled to add my own experiences. The plan is actually pretty black and white. My credit sucked at the time, they gave me the items, let me choose when to pay each month and the transactions were smooth. That's basically it. You pay as agreed and you are fine. They report at the end of your agreement and it will boost your credit score. Literally all you have to do is pay on time.

Stacy (Indiana, P.A. store) is not like ANY of the managers I've seen in these reviews. The key is, just call and let them know. I know at least 5 people who have called with normal (and crazy) situations explaining why they would be late on payments or why they needed them to come get the stuff for whatever reason. She is always professional and understanding. I've had a time or two where they called and reminded me the payment didn't go through... No bad manners, accusations or any of that, just friendly 'you're bank account is too low for the payment'... My fault I would forget to transfer to the right account. I would just transfer over to my bank account and they would run it again, no questions asked.

I've only ever had one issue, junk chairs that came with my table, (2 were broken within 2 weeks just by sitting on them) but then I ordered online so I took that chance by not physically checking them out in person. Still, most of these reviews could be different if people simply paid as agreed. At the same time, managers in some of these stories are insane and shouldn't be working in the management position in the first place. My suggestion is go to the store to choose your items and check them out thoroughly, pay as agreed and be kind. All Aaron's are obviously not ran in the same manner. I consider myself lucky after reading the reviews on this company.

Hi Sheila,

We want to thank you for sharing your feedback and letting us know of your experience. We are happy to hear that your experience has been pleasant and want to thank you for being a valued customer. We look forward to working with you again. -Tavius

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I got a Samsung washer and dryer from Aaron's. Been paying on it for about a year now. I get a call today telling me my payment is 4 days late after they claimed to had given me a courtesy call before my due date. Which I did not receive. Then the attitude starts which made me give an attitude right back. Long story short, they sent someone to my home to take the washer and dryer because I had an attitude on the phone. Then I made the payment and was told they will bring it back at their convenience. Never again will I ever go to Aaron's for anything knowing they have such terrible customer service

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was buying a bed and washer and dryer. My payment was suppose to be the 2nd Saturday of the month. They told me as long as I came in and paid they wouldn't use my debit card. The 2nd Friday I got a card alert on my phone from Aaron's. I was blindsided, OK no big deal. The next month they tried to take it two weeks early but I have already cancelled my card. I'll never do business with Aaron's again.

Aaron Rents response

Hi James, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: July 17, 2019

We've been buying items from Aaron's since 2013, bedroom set and 2 couches. All paid off. We got it from the Tempe branch and they were amazing. I'd give them 5 stars. When we were short with our finances they were understanding and that's why we were a repeat customer with them. We moved to Phoenix and got washer and dryer from the Glendale branch November of 2017. I was late in paying in October of 2018 because I had a miscarriage and loss of blood so obviously I had to take time off work. My due date is every 15th, come October 22nd they sent a truck in front of our house. I went out and told them my situation and the manager wanted me to come to the store. I was still feeling weak and told about it but he said I really need to come to the store.

I drove to the store and paid half. No human connection or empathy from the manager. He made me feel like I owe so much. I've been paying good after that, now July I have to be late again because I'm still waiting for my disability to be processed so I can get paid. They've been calling my phone and my husband's phone multiple times a day. I explained my situation to the manager and he didn't care. He said I have to come up with a payment by this Friday or else.... So there they've tarnished my relationship with them. This would be the last item I'll get from them. I only have 5 months left.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Riz, We received your concerns via Facebook as well and we have addressed you on that channel. Please review to Facebook for any updates. ----Chelle

Original review: July 14, 2019

From the moment I walked in; Mr. ** was courtesy his main goal. To give me all information on items. I am a returned customer. Throughout the years have purchased several items from this location on Military Dr. Looking forward to purchasing more as I pay my bed/mattress in full. The delivery men were excellent. Neat, friendly... and fast at their job. Thank you Aaron's for your business and your awesome employees. Good Blessings.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Esther, Thank you for your business. It is our pleasure to work with you. ----Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 13, 2019

I order a fridge online. Waiting for a phone call to schedule a delivery day and time. It got to the point that I had to call the store and schedule a delivery day. To boot I found out that the product I order was sitting the the store for a couple days. The manager asked a few verification questions no big deal. When I asked why I to verify a phone that wasn't even on the agreement I got laughed at, order cancelled and hung up on. If I worked for corporate and I got word of this treatment from a store towards the customer all employees would be finding a new job. Why would they be finding a new job because I would be shutting down the store. NO, NO customer should getting this treatment. But then again I've noticed by reading the reviews that it's a nationwide problem with Aaron's stores treating customer so horribly. Extremely disappointed with the customer service on all levels. My next step is contacting the Attorney General's Office in Atlanta Georgia.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kenneth, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 6, 2019

I got a TV and had to move to an area that Aarons was not in delivery area so when I moved they never delivered my TV and when I moved back to Florida they told me I can't get credit for the TV and they would not put the payment on our refrigerator we got from them. I only owed one month on the TV and they say that they will add our old payments. What's up with that?

Aaron Rents response

Hi Edward, We are sorry to hear of your experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of your review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 2, 2019

So over the years I've purchased and paid off about 17 accounts with Aaron's. I loved the opportunity to pay for things as I went along and not have to fork out a large amount of money. I've always been a supporter of Aaron's until today. I now have someone calling me threatening me with criminal prosecution over what is supposedly "late fees". This place "TCA services" gave me a case number and the phone number to Aaron's retention department. Although Aaron's has nothing on file for me, this company states that Aaron's sent them the file, charged off the balance and that's why they are unable to locate anything by the case number, social security number, or my name. I'm disappointed after all the money I've spent... and almost 11 years later, this is what comes of it.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Christa, We are truly sorry to hear of your experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 1, 2019

Normally I wouldn’t say anything but we have had THE WORST service from Aaron’s furniture. We went last Monday and signed up for a brand new washer & dryer, they brought them Thursday and the dryer didn’t work. They took them back and said they’d bring ANOTHER brand new set, we had to wait until TODAY for them to bring them and again plug the dryer in and boom fried it from them not wiring it right.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Savannah, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 29, 2019

Horrible customer service, and poor professionalism.. I originally ordered a Dining Table and Living Room Couch. They had NO Problem taking my money, even though they needed to order it. I waited a whole Week, then I receive a phone call from a female assistant a week later who stated, "The Table Came In, But the Couch Didn't". I ask her if she can call other stores if they had a new couch, a few minutes later she called me and said, "You're in Luck, I Found You a couch, We had one in the store, I just didn't see it".. Lies Lies Lies! She was trying to pass off the store display couch as a new couch, and never told us.. When the guys came to deliver the Table and Couch, they said they couldn't deliver the couch because it didn't fit, only the table.. When I asked:

1. "Did you get it out of the truck and Try:" They replied NO.
      2. "Did you measure with a measuring tape and try:" The replied NO
      3. They called the store manager and passed me the phone, who I was hoping was going to find a solution, and treat me as a valued customer, but didn't.
      a. He gave me a flat out NO they can't.
      b. Never acknowledged that I had given them a deposit.
      c. Never acknowledged that his associate gave me a floor display couch and they were passing it off as a new one.
      d. Never tried managing his delivery guys to at least try to deliver the couch, but didn't.

e . Never once did he try to make this situation correct by offering some sort of discount, or come into the store and see if we can offer another couch or some solution to fix this situation, But didn't.

At the end I also rejected the Dining Table as well, If this how they do business then I want No part of this.. I'm hoping to get my money tomorrow.. It's Sad that we are living in a time, that we also have to be careful from the stores ripping you off just to meet their quota... C.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Cesar, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not the experience we would have expected you to have. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 28, 2019

My great grandmother, and I have been renting from the store for a few years now. Currently we are renting a fridge, and a laptop from them. We had to pay for surgery on one of our dogs recently. My great grandmother is on workman's comp, and I just lost my job. They have been notified of this, and yet call nearly seven times a day every day of the week. My great grandmother told them that as of right now she can possibly do $70 to try to stave them off, yet they refuse. Then they say we are four months behind, and say we owe them over $400, and are trying to get us to take in the laptop until we can pay it. Which will be difficult if we do for like we told them she is on workman's comp, and I no longer have a job. If we take the laptop in, and they demand for the password to the laptop I will see legal action for all of my information is on there, and if they get into it my identity could possibly be stolen.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Taylor, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 25, 2019

March 2017 I picked a TV in the rent to own at Aaron Bros. For 2 years I was my payments were paid through my bank. I was never late. I made my last payment March 2019. In June my TV began experiencing technical problems i.e. would not connect to the internet. Turning off when I used the volume button or changed channels. I called Aaron Bros. and was told my TV was over the 60 day warranty but they would come out and have a look. I spent all day waiting and they never came. I am so devastated by the experience. This was not my first time using Aaron Bros. but is my last. I now have paid for an 800.00 dollar lemon. Thanks very much.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Amelia, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like to see if we can look into this matter for you. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Resolution response: June 23, 2019

Hi Carlos, We are glad to hear that this has been resolved and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to resolve it. ----Chelle

Original review: June 15, 2019

My experience with this people are the worst. First they sold me a new Whirlpool washing machine set, washer and dryer, due to the cheap water supply line that Aarons install. Both water supply line broke, causing a flooding in my house, and damaged the carpet. Then after several attempts to fix my Whirlpool washing machine due to the water damaged, they took the washing machine to fix it. So far has been over 1 month since then and still my washing machine are seating at the store, due in nothing. I went to the store personally yesterday Friday the 14th, and still nothing. Their service sucks, and I do not recommend this company to anybody. Pocatello Idaho Branch. -- Carlos **.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 12, 2019

When entering into a contract or lease, the seller and the buyer must agree to certain terms at signing. If either party does not satisfy their agreement the other party has legal recourse. My local store is closing. The closest stores near me are almost 100 miles away. At the time of signing and every payment since I go to the store and pay cash. I get a call today 6/12/2019 that I have to pay online, money order or travel to another store to pay. This is a violation of the lease agreement. The history of my payments since I've paid off three leases in the past is cash in person.

I do not use the internet to pay nor will I incur a fee for a money order. In this regard, Aaron's has broken their lease agreement by closing their store without at least 30 days notice, which left without a responsible way to pay for my items. leaving me the only option of traveling (without rebate) dozens of miles or lose my leased items that I have paid for over a year on. I called and was transferred to their legal dept with the promise of a callback. This a breach of contract and I demand compensation because of the refusal of agreed-upon consideration and breach of contract caused by their closure of store without forewarning or ability to discuss contract and payment in a reasonable time and manner.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Joshua, We truly apologize for the inconvenience. We have several options available for you to make a payment including setting up with our EZPay. You just speak with the store in which you agreement has been transferred to and get that set up to avoid having to travel. ----Chelle

Original review: June 5, 2019

I started renting my love seat and couch from Aaron's last year, and it was brand new, straight out the box just like I wanted it because I intended to keep it. Since I get disability they decided that they would charge my card on the 3rd of each month instead of the first of the month. This company was doing so good by sticking to their word and only hitting my card once a month. I have a problem with connecting my check card to these companies because they have a tendency to hit a person's card at any given time no matter what the agreement may be. And in doing the payment on the 3rd of each month was so much easier and accommodating for me.

Well, all hell broke loose when these people took it upon themselves and decided to take a second payment off of my card on the 31st of May. They told me that they made a decision to take the $70.36 because the 3rd of June is Monday. I told them that they had no right to take a second payment off of my card, because I paid my May payment of $70.36 on May 3rd, and I was never late. In the agreement, they did not say that they would take the following month's payment off of my card the month before. I told them that I am on a fixed income and that I had another bill to pay on May 31st which was my light bill, and that I need that money put back on my card right then. They told me that they would not have a problem giving me my money back but it would take 5 to 6 days, yet it only took them a few minutes to take it off of my card.

I told them that I am going to have to try and get someone to loan me the money to pay my light bill because I don't want to be in the dark. Those people did not give a damn about what they had done to me and the fact that I was going to be in the dark. All they thought about was getting money off of my card twice in one month and that was not right and it was not professional at all. So I told them if this is how you are going to treat me then they can just keep the $70.36, and I told them to pick up the furniture on Wednesday because I can not trust them anymore and to take my card out of their system. And I also told them not to hit my card again on June 3rd.

What they did to me was so unfair and inhuman, I just lost my husband recently and I am a 61-year-old woman doing my best to take care of myself, and these people decided to take my hard earned money from me that I made on my part-time job and they didn't care what happened to me at all. I will never refer anybody to this horrible company, they have no morals nor compassion or professionalism at all. The manager tried to talk me into keeping the furniture, because I had already paid $400.00 on it, and I told him I didn't care.

I don't trust them and I hope that any elderly people that have an account with these people to please watch your bank accounts because it is one of Aaron's requirements to have your bank card or debit card connected to your account. I was not able to get a loan to pay my light bill so of course I was in the dark and my lights won't be on now until Friday, June 7th, this is what they set in motion. This company is one of the worst companies that I have had to deal with in my life and this will never happen to me again. Not ever!! I truly believe that your company should reimburse me of my money due to the fact I was mishandled by the manager and the workers at the store at 8424 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806.

Hi Patsy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We take these matters very seriously and would like to look into this further. Please send us a private response with your primary name on your agreement and the best number to reach you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 4, 2019

Let me start by saying I've been a customer for 10+ years and have paid off several accounts totaling thousands of dollars. Little over a year ago I went to get a computer+monitor from them and the store I normally go to didn't have the item I was looking for so they found my item at a another location. So I traveled to this other location and picked it up and my 12 month agreement was typed up on the spot at this other store and I signed it and took my computer home. The agreement was to be sent to my local store where I normally pay my payments.

I paid all 12 payments that were listed in my agreement, upon paying my last payment the new manager (Willy) informed me that my original agreement was typed up wrong. The other store made a mistake by not including every item I had requested on the agreement, now he tells me 12 months into paying off my item that my agreement was wrong and I needed to come sign a new one and that I owed 6 more months which is not what I agreed to when I signed the papers. He says it's my fault because I should have read over the agreement and that I either return the items not listed on the agreement or pay for them. Sounds like they should just admit to their mistake and move on and stop hassling me over their incompetence. Very dissatisfied with my experience and will never be purchasing anything else there in the future nor will I recommend anyone to go there.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Clarence, This is truly not the experience we would have wanted you to have. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
      Original review: May 30, 2019

I needed a new bedroom suite! I have already purchased a living room suite and a bedroom suite through Aarons, paid them off and wanted to get myself a new bedroom suite since I have my daughter mine. Last week I Went to Aarons, found a bedroom suite I really wanted and paid $270 down and I plan to pay the account off in 6 months, same as cash. The Lady set up delivery for the morning of May 24 which is a Friday. Which also happens to be my daughters 6th birthday.

That Friday (May 24) from what the lady told me they were supposed to be at the store in Rocky Mount around 10 am to pick up my bed since they didn’t have that one at their store and at 1030-11:30 they’d be at my house to deliver my furniture. I told her it was my daughter's birthday that day and I was only available that morning and she said that was fine. That Friday, May 24th I called Aarons at 10:40 am to see what time they would be here because I had plans at 1:30 and was told they were making one stop, they had to go to Rocky Mount and get my bed then they would be here!

I CALLED AARONS AT 12:00 pm (over an hour later) and I was told that he left Rocky Mount 20 minutes ago and then he would be here to deliver my stuff shortly. AT 1:00 I called back- I was told the general manager is in an interview, and due to lack of staff he was the only person who was delivering stuff so as soon as he was done he’d be here! I was furious because no one even bothered to call me. He said give him 45 minutes and he’d be here. I waited. Called back at 1:45 and she said he was in ANOTHER interview! I was very upset and 10 minutes later I called back and requested they cancel my order because I was pissed.

I called back that evening and asked if they could have it delivered to me by Monday because if they could I wouldn’t cancel. I didn’t want to wait for my money to be refunded and I am in urgent need of a bed as I threw mine away to make room for The new one! He said he could deliver it Monday between 3-7 pm. He got here around 6:00 pm that evening. He and a lady delivered the bed to me as they were supposed to, HOWEVER! They forgot the tools and bolts to put my bed together, and didn’t have the rails for the back of my dresser and mirror. They also forgot my mattress protector. He said no worries. He would deliver the mattress protector the next evening which is inconvenient for me but what can I do!

TUESDAY- (the day he supposed to come back to put the bed together and bring my mattress protector) he’s supposed to be here AT 6:00 pm! I get a call at 5:30 pm from Carmen (a manager) who then claims she didn’t mean to call me, and I reminded her on that same call to let them know when they come to put the bed together they need to bring my mattress protector. She said okay she will make sure it’s in the truck. NO ONE SHOWS UP, no one calls me, or Anything!

Next day (Wednesday May 29, today) I call the store at 12:35 pm! I was very angry because no one called or showed up and I asked the lady what happened. She placed me on hold then came back to the phone and said “Jake will have to call you back.” (He’s the GM) I told her absolutely not! Let me have the corporate number now! She placed me on hold and Jake came to the phone! He asked if Carmen called me the prior day, I said yes but she said she didn’t mean to call me. He said he told her call me to tell me they wouldn’t be able to put my stuff together yesterday as he had to go get more parts MADE for my bed because they lost them! He said he would MAKE SURE he had all the pieces and it was put together today. I reminded him YET AGAIN about my damn mattress protector and he said he’d make sure I receive it.

Wednesday May 29th, that evening I get home and as I’m pulling in at 6:00 Aarons is pulling out! I beeped at him and asked was he there for me, he said yes they had been trying to call me and didn’t get an answer (I had NO MISSED CALLS FROM THEM!) I even showed him my call log! He turned around and came in, set my bed up finally but they AGAIN forgot the rails for the mirror that connects it to the dresser and they forgot my mattress protector AGAIN! He said they would have to make ANOTHER trip out tomorrow to deliver the parts and set up the dresser! This is now the 4th day I have had to put on hold for Aarons. I have had to make other arrangements for my son to get to baseball games and practice due to this AND I have had to leave work early so I can get home on time! Not to mention I’ve have to sleep on my couch with my 19 month old baby because of the delay in getting our bed set up!

I have never had such a bad experience with any company in my life and especially not Aarons. I loved their service, delivery, and furniture up until now. No one has offered me any discount for my trouble or anything and I am at my wit's end, ready to honestly send it back! I have reached out to the regional manager which I haven't heard back from and would appreciate if someone would please respond so I can get this sorted out! Thanks!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Mindy, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Thanks Chelle

Original review: May 28, 2019

Where do I begin. We are renting from the Aaron's in Newport, NC. We have been for over a year. Right after hurricane Florence, the golf course I had been working at closed down. I since found other work, but it was for less than I was making. Anyway, this put a strain on finances. Aaron's was notified of this. Since this time, we get phone call a minimum of six times a day. Now the visits to our residence starts. And this is the part that really ticked me off.

My wife works nights and sleeps during the day. We informed them NOT to bang on the door or ring the doorbell. Either they didn't hear me when I told them this, or they didn't care. Banging on the door like law enforcement does and ringing the doorbell over and over and over again. These guys actually tried to gain entry to our house when my 16 year old daughter was home alone. I am genuinely afraid of what I may do to one of them if I ever answer the door if they show up again. Now they have gone too far. My wife had to physically stop me from going to the door the last time they came. I'm done with Aaron's.

Hi Joseph,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address, and your best contact number. -Tavius

Original review: May 24, 2019

Recently over a 5 month period, Aaron's made at least 3 attempts to charge my debit card unauthorized. Fortunately, I keep my debit card locked. When I called Aaron's about the unauthorized transactions, I was told my debit card was accidentally put on file for auto payments. If that were true, wouldn't the unauthorized transactions have been consistent and every 2 weeks based on payment due dates instead of random and inconsistent? When I asked for Aaron's corporate phone number to file a complaint, the manager told me he didn't know what it was. I told him I would hold while he looked up the phone number. He said he was busy with a customer and hung up on me. What the heck is really going on at Aaron's! People! Don't trust these crooks and liars!

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please email us with your local store, primary name on your lease and the best number to reach you. We will be happy to research this to help further resolve this accordingly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: May 23, 2019

Updated on 05/30/2019: I have wrote to myexperience@aarons.com however I never get a response. I have sent two e-mail and even called the 1-800 number with no luck in getting anyone to help. It has been 3 days since my e-mail and still nothing happening. I have even tried the corporate number to talk to someone about the issue I have been having. I have left messages and never heard back from anyone. I would stay away from this company. When you place an order they cancel your order cause the manager don't want to do business. I have tried to get to speak to someone in corporate or upper management. I get no response, stay away from this company. I guess I'm going to have to shop around and find someone has what I need. Thanks.

Original Review: Well on 5-14-19 I placed an order for a I7 desktop computer. Aaron's store received the computer on 5-17-19. I contacted the store on 5-20-19 to see if I could come back and pick up the computer. The store said they have no record of me ordering the computer or any computer for me. I called back on 5-21-19, to talk to someone else about this. Still same store, no record of me, no computer. So again on 5-22-19, same store but I was suggested this time to call the 888-333-3785 number.

Called and spoke to a gentleman named Ron. He then told me the store has the item. They signed for it on 5-17-19. He then placed me on hold and call the store. He came back and said they would call me back. Now it is still 5-22-19 at 9:00 PM. Still no one has called, it seems like if the store has it they are just trying to hold it until the first day of the next month comes in so they can get a payment before they let the PC go. I say stay away from online ordering. If they doing this to me who else is going to have the same issue.

Hey David,
      Sorry to hear about your experience with leasing online with us and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like to further research this accordingly to see what happened here. Please send us an email with your primary name on your lease, the best number to reach you and your local store. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jessica

Original review: May 20, 2019

I rented a few items back in February from Aaron’s. Called in once to do a payment plan to split up my payments due to personal issues which wasn’t a issue. I had a brief conversation with the store manager while he was taking my payment and had mentioned that I was at work which was something I didn’t have when I originally signed up for my contracts. He asked me questions about my job and as a general conversation I told him. I was 1 day late on making a payment and next thing I know they're at my door. I was not home at the time so they went to my place of employment and harassed the people working in the store telling them on camera that they were going to go to every establishment until they found me.

Now that I have been fired for this act they are still calling my now ex employers although I don't work there anymore and they have been asked several times by the establishment to stop calling. My job was never a part of my contract nor do I believe that any debt collectors should have to ability to violate my privacy in that manner. Furthermore this action caused me to lose my job taking money from my children as a single mother! All over 1 day late on a payment! I am led to believe that this is a legal matter and can be taken to court. I do not recommend anybody to do business with these people! This is my first experience with renting things and let’s just say it will definitely be my last!

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we take these matters very seriously and would like to further investigate this immediately. Please email us with your primary name on your lease, the best number to reach you and your local store. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jessica

Original review: May 17, 2019

I went into the Mississauga store to purchase a laptop. They sold me one that is perfect... but the one that was on display is the one they're giving me because... A PIECE BROKE OFF (because of the way they secured it). The sales person and I were trying to put it in different positions ('cause it says you can) and it broke. 2 days go by no one says anything or calls. And now I have to take the broken one. No discount. Not sure if I want this. Didn't break it on purpose and how do I know it wasn't almost ready to break off, why should I be penalized. And this is my first purchase. Don't think I'll be doing business with them anymore after this is paid off. And if I hadn't ve called, what would be happening? They just wait until after the holiday and then call me. So not happy with this purchase. So now they are finally doing references calls and may get to take it home today. THE BROKEN ONE. :(

Aaron Rents response

Hey Deleisa, Thank you for your purchase and we are sorry to hear you are not happy. Please send us a email with your local store, your primary name on your lease and the best number to reach you. We will be happy to further research this to see how we can help further resolve. Thanks, Jessica

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: May 15, 2019

Updated on 06/26/2019: Last month I did a complaint about the payment of my recliners and the lease of my recliners. I have not receive any messages from any regional manager, which that is the person I would like to talk about my situation with Aaron's. I would like a call or phone number so I talk regional manager.

Original review: I was told when I did the lease that it was 18 months. Now the manager is telling it's 2 years plus. Yesterday Aaron left on my door a note we needed to call Aaron immediately so did I and he tells that I had a payment that wasn't done. I paid for it plus I wash another $10.00 for paying late. Which is unfair because I've been paying these recliners every month. I am complaining because of the way was mistreated. And I would like someone higher to solve this problem. Thank you. Jacqueline **

Aaron Rents response

Hey Jacqueline, Thank you for bringing to our attention and we are sorry to hear about your customer experience received with your local store. Could you send us a email with your primary name on your lease, the best number to reach you and your local store please? We will be happy to further research to resolve accordingly. Thanks, Jessica

Original review: May 11, 2019

I am beyond disappointed with this location (Auburn, WA) and how their professionalism and integrity has gone downhill recently. I paid off an account with them in March. I had no issues at that time and was happy with the items I purchased, so I decided to go back to them for a new living room set. I placed my order online and a few days later they called to set up delivery. So far so good. They showed up on the day of delivery. I was immediately a bit annoyed because they informed me they forget to grab the couch legs and would have to come back later. This was a bit of an inconvenience as I had somewhere to be. As they are bringing in my couches, I am noticing they do not look new. I go to inspect the loveseat and notice 3 dark stains, (almost like grease or maybe a burn) on the loveseat. Inside the largest black stain is a hole that looks like a cigarette burn. I immediately show the delivery guys and they call the store.

Here is where I got extremely annoyed. In trying to explain to the very condescending manager Dustin, that the couches were not new and were damaged...instead of apologizing for this pretty big inconvenience and waste of my time, he began to argue that the couches were indeed new. I again told him that there is a large freaking stain and hole in it so how could it be new? He said that the stain and hole must have happened during transport. I'm not sure how that is possible as the couches were tightly wrapped in plastic when they arrived. I'm pretty sure they were damaged before they were wrapped. He rudely stated that they had "no control over what happens during transport".

No, you're right, you don't. But you do have control over how you handle it when they are damaged in transport. You also have the ability to check items for damage before you show up with them at a customer's house. And when you guys screw up, like delivering damaged items and forgetting parts of the items, you can apologize for your mistake and make it right. (Your delivery drivers never apologized for forgetting the couch legs either.) You also have the ability to maintain a professional attitude and to be accommodating and humble when dealing with a customer whose order came damaged.

WE as customers, have the right to be upset when you forget items, or when you deliver our new items damaged. We have the right to be upset when we rearrange our schedules and leave work early to be at our home when you arrive, only to find out we wasted our time. You, on the other hand, do not have the right to be upset or take personal offense to a customer being frustrated. I stayed polite, calm and never raised my voice. I deserved to be treated with more respect than that. Especially as a loyal, returning customer.

Anyhoooo. He said they would send another "new" loveseat out that day but that they didn't have another couch. He stated I could either keep the one they gave me (which was obviously used) or that they could just cancel my order and come pick up the couch. He seemed rather annoyed with me that I had a problem with my "new" ripped loveseat, almost like he expected me to just be ok with the damaged furniture and keep my mouth shut. However, when I am paying a ridiculous amount of money for this "new" set, call me crazy, but I expect it to be NEW and undamaged.

I am kind of stunned by his attitude and unwillingness to make it right and make the customer happy, which is his job as a manager, but I'm even more stunned because I am a returning customer who decided to stay loyal and give them my business instead of going to their competition. You would think they would want to hold on to the customers that actually pay off their accounts and keep the merchandise. Guess not.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Carol, This is not the experience we would want you to have. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 10, 2019

This is my first time using Aaron's or any place like it but after a breakup with a live in partner I wanted to start all over again so I trashed all of my old furniture that reminded me of them. I was referred to Aaron's by a co-worker and decided to try it. I ordered furniture from them online and so began my problems. Generally I won't do business with a company at the first sight of unprofessionalism but I continued. After the order was placed I was told I'd get a call from my local store in about a week when my furniture came in.

Well after the week, no call. I called the store to see when and to make sure I could get delivery on the weekends I was hung up on. I took it as a mistake and called back. The rep I spoke with said "oh yeah your furniture has been here," I ignored that and set up Saturday delivery bc I'd be off that day. The day of delivery the guys called after they realized I was in an apartment and tried to get me to change my mind about the furniture bc they assumed it wouldn't fit.

At the end of the delivery they called the store for the rep to ensure everything was done well and to set up my first due date. It didn't happen. He said he'd call me back and never did. That Monday I called and set up the date after I had to remind him of why I called back. He said he'd change my due date because the first due date would be a couple of days after I finally got delivery. The next month I started getting calls with a weird number and I finally found that it was Aaron's calling because I missed payment. I called to speak with them to let them know that it was a mistake and the date had been changed but again was hung up on before I got to even speak to anyone.

I called back and the correct person answered. I found out that the original person never notated or changed my date in the system. I asked if it was still going to be honored because I'm only able to pay on the date that I was told because I'm on a budget. I immediately started getting threats and disrespected as no customer should ever be. I told them they can get the furniture back because I don't want to deal with any company that willingly treats customers this way.

I got off of the phone with them and immediately call their customer service/complaint line and was told that I handled it the right way and to expect a call from their regional manager... no call yet. But the same person from the store still calls me 3-4 times a day. As soon as I can get a day off of work I will have this place come get their furniture with a police officer present because if he spoke to me this way on the phone I don't trust how they would be in my home.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Maya, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have been a customer for 10-12 years! Have paid off 10 accounts and never have I returned an item! Just recently we got behind due to unforeseen circumstances. We received a letter in the mail stating that if we brought the letter into our store that they would be willing to work with us so that we could keep our items! The manager of the store didn’t care what the letter said and told us we either pay or bring the items back! Oh and the harassment that comes from the employees when you miss a payment is crazy! They come to your house every day, sometimes twice a day on top of the phone calls! You have lost a long time loyal customer!

Aaron Rents response

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Aaron Rents Company Information