Aaron Rents
1.29/5
Based on 120 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

876 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 15, 2018

I was admitted to the hospital on May 3rd. I have spent over 30 days in the hospital having three surgeries consisting of 2 amputations as well as a stroke. Unfortunately, I was still hospitalized on June 1st and missed my payment on a Washer and Dryer. I have never been late prior. I was unconscious and remained that way for days in ICU. When I woke up the local Aaron's store was on my voicemail twice a day every day. On the very first day, I was able to speak, I called the local store from ICU barely able to speak and drooling and apologized. I explained the circumstances and that I couldn't make a payment until I was discharged.

The store continues to call me every day twice a day as if the corporation was going to go bankrupt without my $98. I did not have check cards with me when brought into the hospital. I cannot make a payment until I am released. The local store is more than welcome to come to pick up their equipment as its a rental. However, this heartless souls corporation seems to want money, not their rental back. When I am discharged I will pay what I owe and close my account. I am not interested in dealing with a company that will willingly and knowingly harass someone on their death bed.

Hi Harry,

Can you send an email to myexperienece@aarons.com and please include first and last name, phone number and zip code. We will forward your issues and concerns to the divisional manager. -Kala

Original review: June 13, 2018

I got 2 items from Aaron’s back in 2016. The total value of each is 600.00 for a full size mattress and box spring and 200.00 for a simple quilted headboard. I’ve paid 1200 dollars so far in the span of 18 months and I still have 6 more to go!! And God forbid you’re a day late the way these people stalk you it’s ** disgusting! I will never make this mistake again and work with these scam artists! They are horrible. The worst kind of thieves!

HI Mimi,

Thank you for sharing. So sorry to hear that you feel this way. We greatly appreciate and value your business. Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include first and last name and phone number so we can forward your issues and concerns to the divisional manager in your area. -Kala

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have an account with Aaron's at 3254 White Plains Rd, Bronx, NY 10467. On June 8th, I called Aaron's regarding a double payment that was taken out my bank account. The sale associate stated that there was no manager on site, to call back next week. Yesterday, June 12th, 2018, I called and spoke with again an associate, which she stated there was no manager to call back. So, I called back and the associate who refuse to give his name and was so unprofessional puts me on hold for about 30 mins and I even was on hold from my house phone, when he finally return, I was furious, not only my money was taken out my account TWICE, I'm also dealing with unprofessional and dishonest people.

So I decided calling was not working and I will go in person. When I get there, the man who refuse to state his name, which is ** and he is the account manager was the nastiest, disgusting, rude person I've ever dealt with at Aaron's, He told me to ''KISS HIS ** AND GET OUT OF HERE". STUCK UP HIS MIDDLE FINGER AT ME. AND REFUSE TO HELP ME WITH MY SITUATION. I later learn that he was the account manager and he is the one that takes out my money from my account, which makes me uncomfortable with my account and makes me feel that there is illegal business that going on here. I will get my lawyer involve with this situation if this doesn't get dealt with. I expect to be contact at **.

Hi Yvette,

This is very disturbing. We want to look more into this and make the divisional manager aware as well. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 12, 2018

This company is the absolute worst to deal with. They do not comprehend that sometimes people have financial trouble. I discovered a few months ago that my new job did not take FED taxes of my check for a full year. Needless to say, I owed 6000 out of pocket in one chunk. I am still having issues with paying bills and paying my monthly fee for Aaron Rents on time. STAY AWAY from renting with this company. They will call you every day if your payment is late and leave messages. The manager will call your phone and leave messages, and THEY EVEN SHOW UP AT YOUR HOME. I am appalled that they show up at your home. And I live in an Apt building so someone has to actually let that person in. Cannot wait to pay off this lease and never have to deal with this company ever again. WORST. EVER.

Hi Alison,

We are sorry to hear that about your recent experience.Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? -Tavius

Original review: June 7, 2018

I've been dealing with Aaron Rents for a couple months. Recently my father passed away and I was gone for about a month-and-a-half not realizing about Aaron's. I told them what happened and they told me I owe them $300. I agreed to pay them on the 1st of June but I got fired and I don't have a TV so I called them and ask them what can I do to keep my TV. They're sending me threats telling me they're going to send the police to my house. I don't want that. I have kids to worry about. I'm still waiting on my taxes. I'm going to pay them with that but I don't know when they will release it.

Aaron Rents response

We’d be happy to look into this for you. Could you email me at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, primary name on your agreement and phone number? You may also contact your General Manager at your local store to further help you.

Thanks, Sabrina

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: June 7, 2018

I DONT WANT TO GIVE THEM A ONE STAR. Worse business ever. Went in because our dryer died. Was told Dryer at store had been rented for 1 to 2 week previously lies, lies, lies. It had been rented for 8 months previously. Lint was all over the place when delivered (sidewalk, steps, floors). The one delivery man was very nasty about having to bring the dryer up our (14) steps in front of the house and to our porch. There were no levelling feet so we called and was promised next day delivery DID NOT HAPPEN.

Following day I come home and they are on porch. I called the store because there were marks on top of dryer. I asked the person who answered the phone EXACTLY how long dryer has previously been leased. He checked and told me 8 months. Maybe to some the amount of time it was leased previously does not make a difference. It does to us. The worse part is we were LIED to. Hard to trust a business when they lie to you. SARAH made us a deal. She would get us a brand new one for the same contract time and amount. NO NO NO SARAH. And yes I am waiting for District manager (Camp Hill, PA) to call because I did call the corporate office and complained. Time for people to stop taking Aaron’s crap and start calling Corporate Office and complain. WE WILL NEVER SHOP AT AARON RENTS AGAIN.

Aaron Rents response

I am sorry to hear this and please know we take these matters very seriously. So that this is resolved within a timely manner could you email me at myexperience@aarons.com with your local Aaron’s store and the best contact number to reach you?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 6, 2018

Gloucester, VA - After paying off washer and dryer got a computer and cube freezer. Never been late or behind on any payments. I had the freezer only 8 months and the compressor went. Everything in the freezer was defrosted and ruined. My payments run from the 1st to the 1st of each month. I called them on a Tuesday. They wasn't sending anyone out until Thursday. With everything unthawed I had to get it cleaned out. Made my payment for computer on 1st. Repairman did not give me any paperwork or when to expect the freezer back.

On the 6th of the month they called wanting the payment for freezer. I told them they took it and didn't replace it with one. I wanted to know when the freezer would be back. He couldn't tell me but wanted the payment. So I paid the payment plus he added a $5.00 late fee. Never was late with any payments. Now I paid the payment and late fee and no freezer to use. I was going to pay off these items and buy a tv and livingroom set from them but now I am paying off the items and not buying another thing and hope I get my freezer back soon.

Aaron Rents response

So sorry to hear this, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to further look into this. Please email us at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, primary name on your lease agreement and the best number to reach you. Thanks, Sabrina

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 5, 2018

Aaron’s delivered washer dryer and put in my laundry room. Was in a rush and didn’t check room before I left. When I came to move in two days later I saw the floor all tore up. I called the office and the manager pretty much told me it was my fault because I should have been watching them 24/7, also that they aren’t allowed to put in laundry room (due to the fact that they could ruin floors, delivery guys never told me of this and put it in there anyway). Delivery guys also just pushed the flooring down to try and hide it and never told me. Manager also told me there’s nothing he could do about it because “This is just what happens when you move heavy items over linoleum flooring.” Completely ridiculous.... and to think my family and I get a lot of items from this store. Never again after I pay off my accounts.

Aaron Rents response

Oh no - sounds frustrating. Could you email myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, phone number and details?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 4, 2018

I got put off my job for medical leave but only had one payment left on the couch of 72 dollars. I got the customary calls asking for my last payment. I explained my situation and offered to pay half. I was advised that only 51 dollars was going to do. I only had 40 on me so I went into the store to pay that and the man behind the counter became really hostile, talking about repossessing the couch for 36 dollars left on it. I have paid about a thousand dollars on a couch that isn't worth that much and I don't appreciate being harassed and threatened over a trivial amount of money. I plan on paying it off and never doing business with Aaron's again, and I'll never recommend them either.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jamie, Thanks for letting us know and we are sorry you feel this way. Could you email me the details of your experience the store you were dealing with and a good number to reach you to myexperience@aarons.com?

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: May 30, 2018

My dad died beginning of the year and a week later I went into premature labor relieving my baby almost 4 months early. I was unable to work yet Aaron came to my home afterwards demanding payment disregarding the medical issues I had and the death of my dad. Recently I moved and I never gave them my new address and somehow they showed up at my new address. I don’t have much to pay on the items I have. I just want them to leave me alone and stop showing up at my home and charging me gas for their time coming here. This company is all about money and not Realizing emergencies happen. When I am done paying for the items I want to Aaron to shred all my information and I will never use them again. They have no right to come to my home and I didn’t even inform them yet of my new address.

Hi Debreka,

We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 28, 2018

Purchased a Samsung phone. They set the software so they can track it which is fine but they did not tell me that in doing so they bump the Knox. That makes the Samsung warranty void. Then I find out it also stops automatic updates of the software. So as the updates come through for the phone and mine can't update. less and less is compatible with my phone because it is stuck at 3 or so versions behind where it should be. So thinking once the phone is paid off their software will be removed and my phone would then update. Not the case. The phone is paid off and their tracking software is still on it and I can't delete it.

I contacted customer service. They sent me a link from the internet to jailbreak and flash my phone using 2 or 3 different kinds of software and it had a warning that If done incorrectly it could make the phone unusable. I have a 1000 dollar paper weight now. It is good for absolutely nothing except being a paper weight. Do yourself a favor and save for what you need and buy it from a real store.

Aaron Rents response

I’m sorry this happened and the store should have notified you of this. Could you email us at myexperience@aarons.com with details? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Sabrina

Original review: May 28, 2018

I started to rent from Aaron's of Ithaca NY and the first time going in to the store I had a good experience. The people that I interacted with was pleasant. When I signed the paperwork I was told that the loveseat recliner was new and on the paperwork it also said new! But not even a month later I go to put one side down and the whole control arm broke and the wires are not connected to it either. When I went to call them no one answered the phone! So I went online to try and get in touch with someone from Aaron's. All the numbers say if I wanted to talk to someone to call but nothing.

This is not the first time I have had a problem with this store. Like I said the people that worked with me in the store that day were nice and had no problems with them. The women that had set up the delivery for that Thursday was between 10 and 2 but it came after 2:30 because the truck broke down. That was fine. But then when they got there they didn't have the power cord to the "power" recliners and no remote for the 55" tv that came out also. I had called the store to find out what was going on. The person I talked to was Tammy and she tried to tell me that the coed was under the loveseat tied. When I got home from work my boyfriend showed me what they brought out and I looked under the loveseat and there was no cord.

When I called the store I talked to Tammy again and she treated me like I was under her standards. Then she told me I would have to wait to use any of the stuff till after 7 pm. I then left a survey with Aaron's. Tammy called me the next day and Reyes to play it off as if she didn't do nothing wrong then gave me 2 weeks free. Since then had no more interactions with Tammy and I was happy till my so called "new" loveseat recliner broke and can't use that one side and I am afraid to use the other side. I am so upset. I am about to have them take all their stuff back and go thru Rent-A-Center!!??

Aaron Rents response

We are sorry you weren’t satisfied with your most recent visit. Which Aaron’s are you speaking of? I would like to look into this, could you please email details to myexperience@aarons.com? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks,

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: May 24, 2018

Arron's rent to own Cleveland TN. Items were sold to me and priced as new but we're really used - When they delivered my refrigerator and stove they dented and scratched up the refrigerator. I was told when I ordered them that I had to wait because they were waiting for one of them to come in that they could pair up. And I asked over and over, "They are new right?". I was told, "Yes brand new..." So I waited. They were delivered and as I stated they scratch them and did it and I was told it would just they did not hook it up the ice maker. When they say they deliver and set up, if it has an ice maker that's their job to set it up. If not don't sell it. That's when I found out that it was used because someone did finally come over. It didn't have all the pieces and they were asked if it was new or used. Now I heard them tell the guy that it was new.

Well guess what? I started looking around the back because I was going to figure out how to connect it myself and it was so filthy behind. Dust. Dirt. No way was this new. There is mold in the ice water tube. The stove also was used and I also rented the couch and loveseat that was on their floor. I was told that was brand-new also. It's funny I found stuff down in the cushions of the couch and loveseat that tells me it was not brand new and there are stains so I don't get it. I was sold new products new prices but they were used products at new prices. They also put a warranty on there that I didn't know I had it. When I told him to remove it they haven't removed it. It's still on there. They tried to say that well I can get discounts on food. I don't want discounts on food and I'm on disability. There's no way that I can have a disability warranty. It doesn't apply to me.

And they knew I had disability. They knew my income... they have threatened, bullied me... I told him an attorney would be contacting them for them not to contact me. I don't want to and they're calling and coming to my house. They come to my house, sit out there, blast radios and just sit there... I refuse to give up this stuff until I get a mediation or someone from their corporate office contacts me... I made about five complaints. It doesn't help and when I called out the complaints well there's nothing we can do if they don't contact you and then some guy come to my house saying he was the corporate and brought the guy from the store after me telling them I didn't want them around me or my house.

So all I know to do is take out a harassment order, contact an attorney and file a complaint that I can because I want my money back for being misled and I want them to pay for the harassment, the threats and bullying. Don't do that. Especially them knowing I'm a single woman, live by myself and them coming to my house three and four men to intimidate me know they're lucky they haven't been arrested so far but they will because I have not only make pictures and recordings of every phone call. I offered to negotiate price something and I refuse to do anything. I'm supposed to been paid up till May 14th. They didn't do it that way because I paint or warranties that I didn't do or want. They never gave me options of how many months or years I wanted my contract. They never offered me or anything until I went online. I was researching myself, I guess they thought I was nothing more than a stupid female.

Hi T,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have been paying on a sofa and love seat for about a year and a half now. When I first received the set, the springs on the sofa broke. Repairman came out to fix and 2 days later the springs broke again. Mind you the springs broke after having the sofa for about a month. I called and was placed on a waiting list for the repairman. Supposedly he is a busy man and it is hard to get in contact with him. Month after month each time I made a payment I mentioned to the staff that I need someone to come and service my sofa.

Well now a year and a half goes by and my sofa is beyond repair. I received a survey from Aaron Rents and as you can imagine I did not write a good one. Someone reached out to me regarding the survey and heard my concerns. They managed to call the repairman to set up a date which was for 4/4/18 for him to come and repair the couch. I waited ALL DAY for the guy who NEVER showed up. Now I'm furious so I decided to withhold my payment and wouldn't you know I got people calling me left and right. I mentioned that I will not be making another payment until I have a functioning sofa in my house. Repairman came out to my house on 5/10/18 took pictures and said that the repair was worse than he thought (well duh because it's been over a year that this sofa has been broken).

I was told that he will contact me when he gets an answer from the company. I then received a phone call on Saturday 5/12/18 asking me to make a payment!!! I again had to reiterate that I will not pay until my issues are resolved. Now today 5/16/18 I get a phone call from the manager George who basically told me "he doesn't care if I pay or not because he will still get a paycheck." Are you kidding me? This is how you speak to your customers! I then told him I would like to speak to Chama who is above him. 5 minutes later I get a phone call from a rude GM who I cannot remember his name and he is telling me that nothing will be done until I make a payment.

He said he was not at the office a year and a half ago and that all those employees who were originally dealing with me are no longer working for Aaron Rents so he doesn't care about what happened then!!! Both the manager and GM were very rude to me. I don't know anyone who would make a payment on something they cannot use. I was also told that there is no guarantee that I will be able to get a credit because the damages on the couch are considered wear and tear. I may have to settle for getting 30% off a new set. NO, IF THE COUCH WAS FIXED CORRECTLY WHEN IT BROKE THEN THE REPAIR WOULD NOT BE AS BAD AS IT IS NOW!!! All I want is a replacement sofa.

I have no problem paying my bill BUT NOT UNTIL I AM SATISFIED! Even with all these issues going on I still purchased a bedroom set from Aaron Rents maybe about 6 months ago. I now have a shattered mirror which broke while my fiance was cleaning it causing his hand to get cut up and I have a bed that the post on the footboard has broken off.

This was also mentioned to the repairman who neglected to even go and check it out. This has been a nightmare. I went against all the people who told me to never rent from here because the quality SUCKS! I tried to give them a chance but now I am losing patience. For the manager and GM to treat me this way is very hurtful especially since I have been extra patient with them. They do not care about patient satisfaction. All they care about is the money! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. QUALITY SUCKS AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Now I have to suffer because of the neglect from the company. I am currently seeking legal advice since I tried to resolve this with the store and apparently that has not got me anywhere!!! Only reason I am giving 1 star is because I have to.

Hi Channay
    Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and we take these matters very seriously. We would like the chance to see if we can help further resolve. Please email: myexperience@aarons.com with your primary name on your lease, your local store, your email and the best number to reach you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Thanks,

Jessica

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have 2 contracts with Aaron's in Streamwood Il. A mechanical chair for my mom, who is very ill, and a new queen mattress and box spring for myself. I have lived in my home for 7 years, and have NEVER had a bug problem, (not even a flea from my dog) let alone a BED BUG. After a couple weeks my mom was complaining she was getting bit by something, well I thought she was crazy, or maybe because I changed the laundry soap so I just bought her some ** cream for her itching and bumps. My mother called me to look at a bug that was on her, I squished it, and threw it in the garbage, still dismissing her complaints, thinking it was just her. Well that was not the case.

I soon starting getting bit, and leaving red welts on my arms, I thought she was contagious, or I was going crazy. The itching, and the marks up and down my arms drove me nuts, but still didn't have a clue, what the problem was. My mother needed a hospital bed, so I had to call Aaron's and cancel my contract, because I just didn't have the room anymore for the chair, and the bed. Aaron's sent out 2 drivers to pick up the merchandise, then said "We cannot take the chair back. It has EGGS, and BED BUGS in it. Well that explained everything my mom was saying to me, and I was PISSED OFF. NEVER have I even seen one until then. Now I have bed bugs in my home because of this. I spoke with the manager, and he stated that they would not take the items back because of the bug issue.

Now I am stuck with these bug infested items, and they want me to still pay for them. The manager offered me to cut my contract, which would cost me less, but what the hell, now we have bugs. The manager's response also was that their warehouse is sprayed once a month for bugs. I really do not care, doing enormous amounts of research with these nasty bugs, they can get into any little cracks under plastic and stay alive, and still be transported into homes. I since have heat treated and steam, along with bed bug spray, and still there is a problem. I feel like I am spinning my wheels, and getting nowhere. I want to send Aaron's a bill for having to call an exterminator for my home. Never will I deal with them again, and I will tell as many people as I can to be aware! I guess I should have listened to my mom from the start.

Hi Dawn,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these matters very seriously and would like to further look into this immediately. Please email us at: myexperience@aarons.com with your primary name on your lease agreement, the best phone number to reach you and please include your local store so that we can forward this accordingly to the appropriate parties. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, Kala

Original review: May 12, 2018

I have been a customer of Aarons for 10 years and was great but this past year with them has been a nightmare. I bought a brand new refrigerator and had them hold it for me but when they delivered it to my new house it was far from new. It was scratched up. Moldy and the door was destroyed. They ordered a new door and told me to put it on myself and have not done anything else but given me grief and a supposed month off so the regional manager claims. So now I am stuck with a scratched up dented refrigerator with a different colored door but at least I got $80 off for my troubles. So after 10 years and a few thousand dollars and listening to a rude employee on the phone I am taking my money elsewhere.

HI Rob,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with the store was less than exceptional. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you!  -Tavius

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have 35 dollars to pay off and have money. Washer keeps going back to repair. Over and over for months. Told me not make last payment til they figure out what to do and make note on computer. Then call me demanding payment and why I'm last. The Claim woman that told me not make payment is on lunch at 430 and close at 6. I want way up in management to contact me. Not regional. I going make my last payment now even told not to. I give you a 0 on stars until matter fixed.

Hi Steven,

So sorry to hear your washer is needing service. Could you email us at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store location, primary name on your lease agreement, your email address and the best contact number to reach you? Thanks

Original review: May 9, 2018

We are almost paying off the beds. But when we have made a payment there are times they have call me 4 times with a 3 min time. It rude of them plus I am at work. Apparently they want me to get fire. We will pay on the 15. Plus there's time we made a payment. It looks like they just didn't add it to our Account.

Hi Diane,

So sorry to hear. This is very unfortunate. We want to make upper mangement aware so they can let the store know. Can you please email us at myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code. We want to hekp get this resolved! -Kala

Original review: May 3, 2018

I have rented to own multiple items from Aaron Rents. As of 5/1/2018, they no longer report to creditors of your good standings or negligence! For some it's a YAY! However I will no longer purchase ANYTHING from them. PREMIER RENTAL will report good standings with credit bureaus! My advice is use PREMIER RENTAL a company that will help you out not suck up your money and give you nothing in return!!!

Hi Kim,

For any questions regarding the change in our credit reporting procedure, please contact the Renewal Retention department at 1-800-435-9544. Thank you, Tavius

Original review: May 3, 2018

The new manager at the Cedar Bluff Store, located in Knoxville, Tn 37923, has fallen short on customer relations and service. His attitude is much to be desired, as is his manners. This manager has called our home 3 months in the running requesting payment on an AUTOPAY account. Manager calls and demands payment on the 1st month but the contract, which is on AUTOPAY due on the 5th of the month. Much has transpired since the new manager first day as GM. We have called the 800#s. WHAT A JOKE! We have conducted business with Aaron's for 15 years at this same locations. Our experiences with Aarons has been very pleasant and straightforward. No Problems. Until now. Our TV only has a few months and it will be ours after 12 months. I assure you, I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO AARON'S.

Hi Mark,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you and will forward your concerns to upper management. We do want to you thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. -Tavius

Original review: May 3, 2018

I had a bedroom set and a sectional delivered to my house on Wednesday. I was told they would come from 3 to 7. I shortly got a call from my fiancé that they were there around 2 so now I’m rushing to get over there and let them in. When I get there you can tell the drivers have a attitude. They tell me their not unloading nothing until they get a payment. I then called the store to make a payment. They unload all my stuff and leave it in the front room area. Don’t take nothing out of the boxes and set it up. I was missing parts. They didn’t give me no paperwork. I called the store and wait for the store manager to call me back and when he calls back I tell him what happens and his response back to me was "That’s not what the driver said." I told him that’s fine. That I no longer wanted the stuff. That they can come and pick it up. And he told me that’s no problem.

I then call the customers service line to put in a complaint and the regional manager Tim calls me today. The whole time on the phone he’s laughing like it was a joke. Calling me a liar. Telling me they wouldn’t do that. That they been there for some years. He told me customers aren’t always right and they don’t come first and that he won’t do business with me. I can take it somewhere else. I then told him that I'mma call higher up 'cause I didn’t feel like he resolved anything. His respond was, "I am higher up. There’s nobody higher up." I then told him that’s a lie 'cause he has a boss and he told me I can do that but I probably won’t get anywhere. That I won’t receive a call back from them. Beyond unprofessional.

Aaron Rents response

We do see an update that our divisional office is trying to resolve your concerns.We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and hope to get to a resolution soon. Thank you. -Tavius

Original review: May 2, 2018

Went to the Framingham Mass store. People there were quite nice as they took my daughter's order and money. They actually gave my grandson a toy football. Delivery date 5/1/18. My daughter called today 5/1/18. No, not really. Sorry, it won't be delivered until Friday 5/4/18. So now my daughter gets to sleep on the bedroom floor 4 days, with a very sick 1-year-old son in the crib. So much anxiety, lies, and tears for a 22-year-old single mother. Sleight of hand totally unethical behavior. As Platinum Medallion flyer Ron Allen would not have stood for this behavior, I am sure John W Robinson III would be equally upset. Too much pain. I'm disgusted. Her name is Paige.

Aaron Rents response

We are truly sorry to hear that you have had a less than stellar experience with us. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience possible and hearing you have received less than that is disheartening. Please email us at myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on the account, your best contact number, email address and the store that you are working with so we can file this complaint with the Regional Manager over the store, Thank you, Sabrina.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Was leasing a TV from. The picture started going out. Called the manufacturer of TV and they said it was a bulb so called the store we were leasing from. They came. Got the TV. There were no scratches or cracks on TV. The store sent the TV back. Stated that we had damaged the TV & was nothing they could do. Make the store manager aware that we had pictures of the TV before they took it (my wife watches court TV all day). They tried to deliver the TV back to me but I wouldn’t accept because I had proof it wasn’t damaged when they came got it. They worked a deal with me stating that I could get a new TV but I would have to start from zero but they would clear out the balance from old TV. I took the deal. Got another TV that I don’t want.

I wanted one the same size as my other one because of the stand I had for the TV. They assured me that it would work on the same stand. Fast forward a couple months of having the TV it called off the stand breaking the screen. Luckily it didn’t fall on one of my grandchildren! Called the store to see if there was anything I could do and they were very rude stating, "You broke it. It’s now yours!" Here’s the problem I would’ve never had that TV if they didn’t break the other on which one had about 3 payments left on it! I told them to come get it! They sent someone to my house for payment and the person was knocking so hard they knocked pictures off my wall!!! My wife works 12 hr nights and it woke her up so no she was not pleased! I wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy! What can I do about this situation???

Aaron Rents response

Hello William, We want to thank you for bringing this to our attention and giving us the chance to help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com  that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Hope to hear from you soon. -Tavius

Original review: April 24, 2018

I was told when I purchase something from Aaron's that they do not do credit checks, well if they don’t do credit checks then why did they show up on my credit report??? I hope it do not hurt my credit report, because I did pay the balance off and will not get anything else from there!!!

Original review: April 23, 2018

I have a TV that I accidentally broke while moving from one room to another. This happened with another TV from here as well. They took the first one back to get it fixed, and they raised our monthly bill, which was fine. But they refused to take the second one back to get fixed. I bought a new TV from Walmart because you can't watch a broken TV. It's not safe. They won't tell me how much I owe to pay it off, they won't take it back and fix it, but they want me to pay monthly, for something I can't use. And they won't allow us to have it fixed professionally. I will not pay monthly for something I can't use.

Hi Chelsea,

We are sorry to hear this happened. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 20, 2018

So we just moved into a new apt. Didn't have anything. So we went to Aaron Rent to Own. Now we have creepy disgusting bed bugs. I know there are pending lawsuits which we plan to look into. I refuse to pay for this mess they created.

Hi Amber,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear about this. Please email us at myexperience@aarons.com with your local store, primary name on your lease agreement and the best contact number to reach you. Thanks, Tavius

Original review: April 20, 2018

Aaron's rent a center Fayette, AL - I had leased a washer and dryer for a few months till I could get something else. I made my payments of the first which was for the full month. I had them pick up the washer and dryer on the 15 which was only half a month. I asked for a refund of half the month. They claim they do not do that. Yet when I go over the contract there is nothing noted in that respect and although it's only 20 dollars. I think they should either fix the contract to state once a month is paid no refunds. Have their representatives state so and refund the money. I contacted them and they said they do not do refunds.

Hi Marguerite,

Unfortunately, according to our policy once your item has been delivered, you can contact your local store to schedule a time for return or pick-up as stated in your agreement. However, you will not receive a refund. We do apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like to speak with a member of customer service, please call 1-800-950-7368. Thanks, -Tavius

Original review: April 15, 2018

So Aaron Rents sold me a TV under contract saying it was a 55 inch TV. Well it’s paid off and needs repair. Well looked up the model number for parts and it’s only a 49inch TV. They ripped me off for over 600$ so I will be contacting a lawyer and suing the ** out of them!!!

Hi Justin,

We would like to investigate this matter further. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com  that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Thank you for your time. -Tavius

Original review: April 13, 2018

They charged me a late fee (wasn't even close to being late) and was told "but this month we didn't." I was told I would be taken care of for the next bill because they made a mistake and instead they charged me again then have me an attitude when confronted the following month. I started the process with the Attorney General Office, now waiting to hear back. Excited to get Justice for the theft and the attitude.

Hi Jose,

Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the chance to see if we can help in this matter. Please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com  and include the primary name on the lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? We hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, -Tavius

Original review: April 10, 2018

I left rac because I personally felt uncomfortable with their aggressive tactics with customers when a bill is not even owed yet. I decided to try Aaron and I could not be happier! They have excellent customer service and always willing to work with customers! I even referred my daughter to them and heard nothing but great things from her about her experience! I can only surmise these bad reviews do not reflect on our Ukiah Aaron because they are amazing! I have paid off a 70 inch smart tv, a ps4, washer and dryer, All in one hp pc and am now working on a brand new mattress as well as a beautiful recliner. All in 3 years! I should also mention they have quality merchandise which is something I can not say for RAC. So give the Ukiah Aaron a try, you won't be disappointed!

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you. --Chelle

Aaron Rents Company Information