2. Homeowners
Aaron Rents

Aaron Rents

3.7/5 (601 ratings)

About Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

Aaron Rents Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron Rents?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I don't use credit so Aaron's is a good compromise for me. I use their 120 days same-as- cash option to avoid high interest charges on my purchase. I purchased a nice sectional. The store I went to was great!! They had what I wanted and it was delivered quickly. My husband and I also purchased a 70" LG TV from them and did pay cash because it was a returned item. It works great and we only paid 499.00 for it. Love Aaron's.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I have a situation with 2 refrigerators leased via Aarons! After paying a full 24 months on one Samsung refrigerator from April 2019-At til 2021 - I have continuously requested the warranty paperwork and bill of sale to no avail! The second 24 mos lease/purchase for Samsung refrigerator - from July 2019 for another Samsung Refrigerator same make and model that was broken for months - paid $1271.81 from August 2019 to August 2020 - Aaron's refused to fix or replace due to “Covid”!

Finally, I went into the Canton, Georgia store and requested a replacement for that refrigerator! I was given new lease paperwork to sign, the manager told me they would credit my account for the payments towards the new refrigerator once they delivered the new refrigerator and picked up the broken one - that was August 2020! To date, July 2021 - I have made continuous payments towards the lease and repeatedly requested a response regarding the credit (phone-call after phone-call - email after email) without so much as a single response from the manager) regarding the credits towards the purchase of the replacement refrigerator! In the meantime, I have paid off the first refrigerator (March 2021 final payment) and Aaron's refuses to give me the warranty and paperwork! 4 months later - still no warranty information!!

My final straw was in June - still no response- no receipts or warranty for the purchased unit and not a single credit towards the replacement! I decided that maybe someone would return my call and address these matters once I stopped payment due to the end of the second lease date for the replaced refrigerator- do you know after a collections call on July 5th a couple days past due date, regarding what they said was a missed payment, the person said she would look into the matter and get back to me regarding the $1271 credit, but never did!!

At this time, I believe I am paid in full and have all paperwork, correspondence, and payment information ready to litigate this matter but all I want is my warranty information and credits for the broken replacement refrigerator - for which I have now paid over $2400 for! I have paid Aaron's over $4800 since March of 2019 and this is how they treat me?!? As if they can sell me a broke. Refrigerator and ignore me when promises about the replacement weren't addressed? What kind of business practice is this!?! The two refrigerators are worth about $1600 each! I am done!

Do NOT finance or lease appliances from this company if you are looking for a good purchase and relationships that included repairing and replacing faulty products!! It has been a living nightmare!! When you do a lease purchase - it's about the ability to have quality appliances and addressing repair issues post haste, right? Otherwise, why pay more?

Aaron Rents response

Hi Terri, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have been a loyal customer of Aaron's for quite sometime now. Always on time with my payments! I have paid off rentals in the past leaving on good terms. Except one time I had them pick up a washer and dryer that I could no longer afford (because I was temporarily out of a job) although I had paid off most of it. Talk about money down the drain. A few months ago I took out a couple of mattresses and washer and dryer. The washers spin cycle started acting up so I called them to pick it up to have it fixed. They sealed it for a loaner. Took them almost 3 weeks to bring it back. And when they did it still had the same problem. I didn’t bother calling them again, what for right? To this day the spin cycle is still messed up. I recently retired this year from my career due to health concerns and issues. So, my paychecks were cut more than just in half. I am currently a struggling single parent to a 13 year old.

I called Aarons in early June and explained my situation. For the next 3 to 4 weeks they were trying to work on me with payments. I explained to them that I would them off as soon as my financial situation improved, as I did not want to stay in bad standing. About after the four weeks they start sending their people to my door leaving notes that say “give us a call” or “pick up.” They called me every single day on five different numbers until I had to block them all. I had previously spoke with the manager and his assistant asking for extensions. Neil did not seem to care what my situation is. I tried making him understand why I’d fallen behind on payments but he was still demanding payment smh. I also asked him to please take me off EZ auto pay because I knew I was insufficient funds and he says he did, this was back in mid June.

Well, last week I felt very very sick and was unable to work FT. So, when I got paid this last Tuesday, Aarons purposely put me back on EZ auto pay and withdrew half the payment leaving me with hardly nothing in my account. I called them up very frustrated and not happy at all! I spoke to the manager about it and his response was “Oh, I’m so sorry that was a mistake in our end.” I knew he was lying and full of it. They meant to pull out that payment without my permission! I demand a reversal and he said he would do it. I still haven’t seen that money back yet. Now, they are sending me letters from an attorney threatening me. When I’d spoke to him on the phone he told me that I’d already paid off more than half.

I recently got diagnosed with nerve damage and an MRI done doc says found a spot on my brain he can’t identify and is now sending me to a neurosurgeon for a second opinion and have 2 torn rotator cuffs that need surgery and bad back. I suffer from major headaches and constant dizziness on a daily basis and I refuse to sleep in a floor with my 13 year old daughter because Aarons is having a fussy fit about interest charges. Smh. I’ve paid way too much money to just let my merchandise go. I am still willing to pay them off if they are still willing to work with me instead of threatening me. Aarons is ridiculous and after this I will NEVER be a customer again. They also lie, use manipulation and reverse psychology to get information out people. Never again!

Aaron Rents response

Hi A, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: July 6, 2021

I have never been so disgruntled about a company this bad in my life. Had a payment that comes due on the first of every month. Mind you I’m on a fixed income and get my money every third. When I first started renting from Aaron’s it was great. Now five agreements later they have flipped the script. Forget being a loyal customer paying extremely high prices for Merchandise that costs only about a 1/4 of what they charge but yet they get rich off the poor man with not great credit and even worse now they take the most vulnerable people and do more.

If you pay online with your debit/credit card they will start automatically taking your money every month saying you authorized the payment so it’s a slick way of getting unauthorized money off your account. Called customer services. Called the store. They give you runaround answers and swears it’s automatic. My question has been and still how when I never authorized it and now from the results of their unethical ways I have been made homeless because they wouldn’t reverse the money back to my account and I couldn’t pay my rent. I am hurt, angry and homeless. What good is having merchandise if you have nowhere to live. I will never ever rent from this company ever.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Jeanell, We are sorry to hear this happened as this is not the experience we would have wanted you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: June 23, 2021

Had their guys pick up a bedroom set. Took the bed in their truck, brought it back out next to my kitchen trashcan. Said I had termites which I had 3 but it was protected by the cover, said they took a picture which they never did so I don't recommend them at all. Pictures and videos mean a lot.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Alexis, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: June 15, 2021

My previous recliner broke, I have Aspergers and I really need to be able to rock. I couldn’t afford to wait a month to save for a rocker because I need to be able to rock! Cash price of product and ease of finance was reasonable. Not all items at these Rent to Own places are amazing as we all know but frankly this Massage Rocker is a pretty good deal... though my credit isn’t super great, and my income isn’t super high, I was able to show I live with family on the application and have little in the way of bills to pay so I liked the approval process.

So maybe I paid 10-15 per cent premium on cash price plus financing but this is actually what I needed as I have explained... The ease of which I got this was a major relief for me... as opposed to saving some money and going through a month of hell while waiting til I could buy a chair outright elsewhere. So far so good, I appreciate Aaron’s for what it is!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Sherman, Thank you for your friendship, your business, and the opportunity to serve you. ---Chelle

Original review: June 7, 2021

Never dealt with a company whom needed communication nor customer service training more than this one. We ordered a washing machine which was supposed to be delivered Friday June 4th. After not hearing anything by 4pm on the 4th we called since the store closes at 6. We were given several excuses about why it was not delivered and also told they cannot contact their drivers in the field. We were informed we would be called Saturday to see if they could deliver it then.

We never got a call back, so we called again on Saturday afternoon and were told the person whom was to deliver was off on that Saturday. We called the 1-800 today at around 5:45pm (June 7th) to cancel the order as we will buy one elsewhere and we're told they could not cancel because it was en route for delivery. According to tracking, it is NOT on a truck for delivery but PENDING delivery and tracking stated they would call to schedule delivery...

With minutes to spare before the store closes at 6pm, we called and we're told they would let "Mike" the delivery driver know Wednesday when he comes in that we canceled our order. This is pretty laughable for any business, not sure what the deal is in Abingdon, VA but some management could use a few fire logs under their chair. Aaron's is a joke of a company. Now I am going to bet my order never gets cancelled and they try to deliver here without even so much as a phone call.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Douglas, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 3, 2021

I paid off my account in March of this year. I paid what the account dictated. It is now May and they claim I owe $18.90!!! This after being cheated out of inflated late fees during the lease. I asked to speak with Kaye, or Kate the manager. I was put on hold for over ten minutes...no call back. If you need to lease, this would not be a good company to deal with.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Deborah, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: May 1, 2021

I’m a newly single parent. I needed a lawnmower. I’ve dealt with Aarons. I recently paid something off.. I couldn’t afford to buy one straight out and didn’t want to pay all summer for someone to cut it! They brought it out. I asked could they show me how to use it .. They showed me the gadgets I felt like I had it even got them to show my son and daughter because they would also b helping.. When they left my son tried finishing our lawn. The blade wouldn’t go down. I noticed screws loose like someone previously had been working on it. I called them... He told me to walk outside. He was going to talk me through how to repair the mower???? I simply told him I’m not a maintenance person and I didn’t buy this thing to become one then he says, "O ok I’ll let you know when we can get out there!" So I paid for a lawnmower to wait for you to have time to come out to fix it before I can use it. Not cool people!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Marioka, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 28, 2021

I had a horrible experience at Aaron rental center in Birmingham, Al. I bought a dryer. Was used, but told it was new, when the dryer was delivered there was lint in it, it was obviously used, when I used the dryer for the first time it was making a horrible sound, I addressed the center in East Lake, at Crestline Blvd.... In Birmingham, the woman I spoke with about my purchase, the selling Point was it was not used... When she realized it was bought, I was told "They" could come get dryer and send to their Service Center, This is so not acceptable, I had to pay to have it hooked up, then again, I had to have it rehooked. This is bad business. I've pd off several pieces at Aaron, I'll not be back and will not refer them at all... Signed Very upset, and taken advantage of.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Connie, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email to myexperience@aarons.com that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this review? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Aaron Rents Company Information