Aaron Rents
3.07/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com.

View More View More

1041 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 11, 2019

I bought a Nintendo switch from here and I'm currently paying 100 a month. I have been paying it for over a year now and yes, I do fall behind week from time to time and I am at almost to the end of my contract thank God! Anyway, I went on medical from my employer due to my Mother being diagnosed with Cancer and I explained to them I would be a little late on the last payment. I currently owe a little over 100 to be done with them but money has been tight and they will not stop harassing me! They even came to my house like wtf?? Over 100 dollar bill you guys call me 5 times a day, come to my house, and even contact references.. I swear I'm about to not even finish paying them off and I'm selling it! If anyone would like to contact me regarding this **.

Aaron Rents response

Hi James, This would not be the experience we would have expected you to have. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number, along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 9, 2019

Rented a couch and love seat set and washer/dryer set. 10 months later I start seeing bed bugs on the couch and the only place they are is the couch. I contact Aaron and they send a guy out. He looks and says he’s been trained and they didn’t come from Aaron. I left it at that and continued paying. Informed my landlord and they got me an exterminator for my couch. The exterminator while inspecting said they had definitely been there for over 10 months and it came from where I got it. At Aaron's. He said there was tons of feces in the wood. Well I didn’t really pursue it anymore because it was too much of a pain. After my second treatment I wanted to get a different couch as the one I have the wood broke and thought maybe Aaron would be nice and take it back for the $400 I owe on it.

Talked to the manager and he said they can’t take it back and I would have to pay the amount or pay for both couches. I thought about it and decided I’ll pay the couches I have off and get a new loan. Applied online and the manager in my area canceled my order. I called and asked why and he said because I have bed bugs he won’t allow me to get anything. I told him it’s been sprayed and I’ll pay off the other couches and remove the one that has been infested. He still said no so I filed a complaint. Since Aaron doesn’t want my money anymore I’ll just have to work with Rent-A-Center.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Sean, Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address, and your best contact number. We would like to have someone reach out to you from our Divisional Management Team. Thanks, Tavius

Original review: April 8, 2019

I ordered and paid for a bed room set on April 5th from the Oxford Alabama store and was told it would be delivered same day. Called at 7pm, said they had to load up my merchandise and they would be on their way. By 8pm still no product. Called Saturday to find out what happened. Was told the manager would call me back in 15 min. 6 hours later I called back and manager left for the day. I asked when I would be getting my furniture. They said the earliest would be next Fri. When I asked what happened yesterday was told they went to the wrong address and tried calling me twice (which they did not). I asked what they were going to do to rectify this. They said to call back Monday and speak to Corey. So I called at 10 am Monday and of course Corey was "busy". He would call me back.

By 4pm I still heard nothing so I drove to the store to see what was up. Of course, Corey had just "stepped out". When I asked about my furniture again was told Fri is the earliest, when I asked what was going to be done to rectify their mess up, they blamed me for giving the wrong address and not answering their calls. When I asked to see the call logs because I had not received any calls this past Fri, she said maybe her drivers didn’t have service in the truck (really? with technology today a cab of a truck stops calls?) so when I asked about a credit they said they could give me one on next month’s bill, so I am now without a bed for a week and $150. I would not recommend this Aaron's to ANYONE. Their lackluster attitude to customer satisfaction is beyond ridiculous.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Josh, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, your email address and your best contact number, along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: April 3, 2019

So I ordered a washer and dryer set. I pay by the month. The first month I thought I was tripping and was late on payment because they started calling me 7 times in a day. This month I noticed that at 9 am on the first of April they started calling. Now I can see by the 3rd or even 5 pm on the 1st. It is now the 3rd and I have 8 voicemails and someone calling me every 2 hours. I just got off the phone with the most rudest guy from the store. I said, "Sir you been calling me since 9 am. On the first my bill wasn't even late and you talk aggressive." He says, "Oooh well I'm smart. Now when do you get paid?" To pay if I gotta feel intimidated then it's not worth it and I rather return it and buy for someone that's not going to harass me before the bill is due.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Weletta, Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! ----Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 2, 2019

Got a fridge from them. November of 2018 I gave them a card to pay over the phone and specifically said it was for one time use only. Dec 2018 they ran my card without authorization and the card should not have been on file as I had a different card on file with them. Ran it for a whole month of payments although I was on a weekly payment schedule. January 2019 they did it again without my consent, same card they previously ran. Now I am in the process of filing through the correct avenues to make sure they don't do it to anyone else.

Running unauthorized payments are a violation of the Electronic Fair Trade Act. Also they have come to my home to try and settle this as my banking institutions have now blocked them from automatically running payments, publicly announcing a debt (which is also illegal). And have also harassed my supervisor at work, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Alfrdo, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! ----Chelle

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's Inc.?

Original review: April 1, 2019

Me and my husband had a bundle with a TV and Xbox included. We Came back to see if we could return the Xbox and they were telling us something was wrong with our bank and they couldn’t return our money and they we gonna just go ahead and take both the Xbox and TV. Although my husband called and put our bank on speaker and clearly said our bank was not the problem that Aaron’s was the problem they are over here trying to keep their items as well as people money and that is not ok. Some of us have kids and other important things to tend to. You don’t rip people off like that. It is so wrong!! I wouldn’t recommend Aaron’s at all. They are not trustworthy but props to the people who are doing good with them. I guess we weren’t as lucky.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Casey, We are truly sorry to hear of your experience. This would not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. . Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 30, 2019

I rented from the Hope Mills NC store. Bought two tv and had a couple of unsure. So I wanted to buy a bed and now I retreat every moment of this. They screwed me. Sent me a bed set. Thematically had bed bugs in the headboard so now they tell me it's my fault and refuse to pick it up. The last time they came to my house and was supposed to pick up the set and the computer and all they did was come in grab the computer and said they will not pick up the bed and wants me to do I buyout. I told them, "No. I don't want this crap." Now corporate office calls me 10 times a day. They call as late as 9 pm. I want the phone calls to stop. If Aaron's don't want to pick up this furniture that's on them. I've told them repeatedly to pick it up. STOP THE HARASSING PHONE CALLS.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Katherine, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: March 29, 2019

So I know I'm late on my payment and I know what I owe. The problem is the keep harassing me about it. They started contacting someone I work with on their cellphone that I never gave them, and she told me about it. She is a higher up and nobody has any business telling or even calling someone at the place I work. The merchandise I have been renting to own is a mattress and a PS4 with a VR for the kids. Problem is is that it is in storage since we are living with someone right now and has told me that if I dont give them my address I will be in trouble, and I have told them that I dont have the merchandise that we are in the middle of moving, and I dont have the addresses. We have PO boxes since we dont have a mailbox.

My room mates dont want me to give out an address because they harrass people and has respectfully asked me not to. I have dealt with Aarons before and they dont hesitate to tell people your business! I'm considering giving them their stuff back because they can't wait for me just to pay it in full! I even called today to let them know I can make a payment but I would have to pay over the phone. I dont have any issues with that but dont be calling people I dont have as references!

Hi Paige,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address, and your best contact number. This is not the experience we want customers to have and look forward to hearing from you! -Tavius

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had a great experience with Aaron's Furniture at the McHenry, IL location. First the lady named April once I told her what I was looking for she helped me find a sectional couch in the color I wanted with pillows included at a great price. My couch was delivered within a week or so of signing my paperwork. They arrived early and the delivers Leo and Felipe was awesome as well. They carefully brought in my furniture to my place. Set it up nicely and neatly. Very professional and respectful. I highly recommend them.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Music, Thank you for your business. It is our pleasure to work with you. ---Chelle

Original review: March 22, 2019

I normally don’t rent anything. I usually pay cash straight for my merchandise but I decided to give them a try. The first gentlemen was named Marcus. Helped me when I went in, filled out the paperwork and then I was told I was approved and everything was great. He then told me if I put the 25$ down before I left the store I would be in great standings. I walk in the next morning and his boss takes one look at me and my boyfriend and his whole attitude changed. This was the store manager Mike. He tells me that Marcus telling me what he told me didn’t mean much so I fill out the paperwork again and he calls all my references. And I called him this morning 3/22/2019 at 9:15am and he tells me that one of my references I live with but I never wrote down where my references lived. Furthermore how do you just assume instead of asking?

He has the worst customer service skills. He is not polite. This location is the worst location. They should have never closed the location in Belton MO. The people were way friendlier. I asked for the customer service number and it took 6 people to find it. This visit was a waste of time and again the worst customer service I’ve had better experiences in the worst parts of town. I will never ever use Aaron’s again. They lost a loyal customer! I will be writing a letter to home office and the regionals manager as well to let him know how disappointed I was in the service.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Sky, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 19, 2019

We are currently rent-to-own several pieces of furniture and we are on autopay. Normally, every month, we pay early so that we don't have to worry about it coming out at an inopportune time and never before has the autodraft kicked in. This month, we paid on the 6th. Our autodraft date is the 15th. On the 15th, your system processed the autopay anyway. When I called to ask for my money back, I was at first assured that it would be refunded to my bank account. A few minutes later, I received a call back informing me that they would NOT be refunding my money but instead will be applying it to next month's payment. Problem is, that is our grocery and emergency money for the month. I WANT MY STOLEN MONEY BACK!!!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Amber, We are truly sorry to hear that you had this experience. We want to look more into this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have been a customer since Dec. Usually I call my local store to make a payment but decided today that I would set up an online account to make my payments. Bad mistake. My payment was for $82.09. My confirmation email says that that amount was paid but when I checked my debit card it says that I was charged $282.09. I am left with $19.00 in my bank account and have 3 children to feed. I called my local store and they said to call corporate. Called corporate and they said that the store has to refund my $200.

Called the store back and they said that it shows that I have a pending payment of $82.09 and that when it clears the $200 will probably be put back in my account but since it is a Sat it probably won't post till Tues. No one could explain to me why the additional $200 was charged. They do not see it in the system when they look and it is not on my confirmation. I guess I just have to wait and hope it is refunded on Mon or Tues. Total BS.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Nicholas, Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience and to hear you received less than that is saddening. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 16, 2019

Purchase computer. It work for one week. After that week it was very slow and freezing. So I put up. Start going to library. Months later took it back, they give me another one same model. Got it home. Same day started freezing. Moving slow. Took that one back next day. They gave me another one supposedly better. Guess what. Weeks later same thing. These HP computer aren't brand new. May come in a new box. Their refurbished jack up. If u ask me, buy cheap sale high the game. 3 times trade-in less than a year.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Gardner, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! ---Chelle

Original review: March 15, 2019

Updated on 03/25/2019: I put a review on Consumer Affairs site and Aaron’s response to me was to contact their renewal department! I’m not contacting the renewal department so they can reopen a claim on me! I RENTED the furniture used already and couldn’t afford it after a year because I lost my job due to an injury. I tried to give the furniture back but they refused it. They said it’s not in perfect condition. The furniture had scratches on the coffee table and end table when I rented them because that was all they had and those was from their floor. The couches had some pulled thread on the arm just as it did when I rented it so Aaron’s refused to take it back. This has been going on for now 12 years. They are still calling me. I told them I tried to return their furniture but they wouldn’t have it.

Original Review: I Rented a living room set from Aaron’s in 2006. I paid for over a year on this set. I lost my job and couldn’t afford it anymore and the employee who came out even knew I had hard times. My electric was shut off while he was out there to collect money from me. The set was use so it wasn’t in perfect shape and Aaron’s refused to take it back. And I am still getting calls from a collections agency in 2019 for that furniture and they are telling me I’m responsible for paying off the furniture because I agreed to purchase it. It’s supposed to be a rent so the customer shouldn’t be obligated to buy it.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Ruby, We are sorry to hear of your experience. It would be best to contact our Renewal Retention department directly during normal business hours. The hours of operation for our renewal retention department are as follows: Monday – Friday 9am – 6pm. They can assist regarding the past account to see if you can get a resolution. ---Chelle

Original review: March 15, 2019

Poor customer service. Opened account with ColorTyme and they went out of business several months later and Aaron received all of ColorTyme open accounts. Aaron screwed us on the contract we made with ColorTyme but at that point we were close to paying off our furniture so we kept of paying through Aaron’s services but it’s been a nightmare! Will never do business with them again. Aaron threw in some hiding fees!

Aaron Rents response

Hi Michelle, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 14, 2019

We rented a living room set to find out weeks later it is infested with bed bugs. We contacted Aaron's who then wanted to inspect our entire house. We refused their inspection by employees of the store and their choice in exterminator and got our own from a well known company and was told this was not good enough. I'm assuming because it was not the company they wanted and the outcome they wanted. I then agreed for their company to come out and they are now just playing Games. I've called corporate multiple times with no follow up. I've requested to speak with the GM multiple times who has yet to call. This has been going on since the first week of Feb. They are refusing to resolve the issue or take the furniture back.

In the inspection I allowed in my house was found there are no bed bugs in the other rooms. Since I removed the furniture there have been no issues within my house. Customer service is a joke. They call for payments (another joke) and tell me how I responsible for the remaining balance. I was told this was new furniture and not used. Now I have this furniture in my front yard while being fussed at by my landlord. I've called multiple times and just keep getting their runaround.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Dawn, This is definitely not the experience we would have expected you to have. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Look forward to hearing from you ----Chelle

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have been a customer of Aaron's since June 2018 and have been paying every month on time and just recently have had to work out of town and my wife and 8 month old daughter have been more than harassed and have told me that they have been scared to go home because the Aaron's truck will be parked 3 hours at time in front of house. I have told them when I get back in town I will pay on all owed and they will have their money on March 15, 2019. The simple fact is they had to send me other TVs because their driver showed up to my place with no TV in box and scratches on the screen.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Kevin, We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of your post? Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have been a customer of the same Aaron’s for over 8 years. It’s convenient! Yes it’s expensive but it’s a choice you make when you sign up. They do lease previously owned items for less. I did have one horrible experience with a bedroom set but it was taken care of after hours on the phone. It was returned to the store!!! Sometimes they get customers that don’t pay whether they have fallen on financial hardship or are just scamming the company. They don’t have much of a dining room selection which really sucks!

Hi Diane, Thank you for your business. ---Chelle

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 12, 2019

My name is Andrew **. Me and my fiancee got a sectional couch from Aaron's in Aurora Indiana. We got the couch in November of 2018. The major problem we are having is that Aaron's told us that our sectional couch was new when it's not. It is used. The problem we have is we were cleaning the couch and underneath it as well - that is when we saw dead bed bugs all inside the couch and the headrest cushions. Now Aaron's in Aurora Indiana keeps putting this off - doesn't want to do anything about it. This is a used sectional couch that is infested with bed bugs and dead bed bugs. Something needs to be done about this.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Andrew, We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This is not the experience we would have expected you to have had. We would like the opportunity to see if we can help in this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number along with a copy of this post? Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 7, 2019

I rented a living room set and refrigerator from them. After six months of fighting over a broken appliance, still no replacement. So I decided to return all to Aaron's. Knowing the refrigerator is broken, that's why I am waiting on a replacement, they refuse to take back it and the living room set due to wear and tear, the corners of one of the seats is frizzled up a bit. So now I have their stuff in my living room and they do not want it back. Have called corporate and other Aaron's to get a resolution, and now they are vaguely threatening me with criminal charges of theft of service.

Aaron Rents response

Hi Frank, This would definitely not be the experience we would have wanted you to have. We would like to look further into this matter. Can you send an email that includes the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number? As well as include a copy of this post. Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks ---Chelle

Original review: March 6, 2019

I paid off a washer and dryer, during the course of my payments I was always told that I owed more than I should be owing, even if I called twice in the same day and spoke to a different person. On 2/27/19 I made a payment and was told that my payoff and last and final balance was 200.00. I called on 3/4/19 to make the 200 payment and was told that because I didn't make the payment by 3/1/19, that I owed 174.47. Mind you my payment date is scheduled for the 10th of each month. When I asked why I wasn't told this on the 27th of the previous month, she said she didn't know. So needless to say I will not be buying anything from them ever again nor will anyone that knows me. The Aaron's on Memorial Drive in Decatur GA. Shanterica was the associate's name.

Hi Renee,

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have been leasing to own a washer and dryer for two years now. This past Thanksgiving my dryer stopped working so I called the store. They lied and said they would be the replacement multiple times and they never showed up. When they did bring out the replacement dryer it didn’t work so I had to wait another week because my husband and I both work jobs that we go in before Aaron’s opens and we get off after the out of town deliveries. After going round and round we finally got another dryer and that loaner didn’t work. So we had to wait another week again and the employees changed our delivery date without confirming. They came out to deliver without giving a call first...

This started in November. I still don’t have the dryer back that I was originally renting to own. Every time I would call the store they would give me a different excuse as to why my dryer has not been fixed. I have submitted a ticket to corporate and nothing has taken place. I am down to my last payment still with a loaner. I don’t know if the store even has my dryer and if it is even fixed. When they asked if I just wanted to keep the loaner I told them no and I stopped calling because all they were doing was giving me the runaround. They have not contacted me about bringing my dryer back but they call every month for their payment... This is a review on the Texarkana, Texas store.

Hello Andrea,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our goal is to provide the best customer service experience. We will forward your concerns to our Divisional Management Team. -Tavius

Original review: March 5, 2019

I currently have purchased a bedroom set and was finish paying for it in 6mo. Never was I late on any payments. Upon receiving the bedroom set the inside rails was not provided. So my bed is on the floor. I have reached out to the regional manager several times for the rails and repairs. I have contacted customer service 2 times and I have two complaint numbers and still it is almost a year later and this problem has not been resolved. I will NEVER purchase or recommended anyone to this location to conduct any business. The regional manager has done a very BAD job with keeping excellent customer service.

Hello Quanika,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive the service that you deserve from your local store. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. -Tavius

Original review: March 2, 2019

Bought 2 couches from Aaron's, called company about part and they have it but the manager has to be the one to order. Told manager - he said he did order, going on 5 weeks now. Told manager about part and he said he ordered the part and don't have control when it comes in. He will not call and find out about part. Couch is out of warranty and he don't want to deal with it. I will put part on myself.

Hi June,

Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. We would like to look into your concerns further. -tavius

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have a furniture set left on my account and they said the last amount to pay out in full was $161.86. I paid $106.50 and then this month they have the nerve and say I owe $155.51. This seems like a scam and that they want to take my money. I was told by the store manager that all I had to pay was $58.51 and I was paid in full and my account and item are paid in full with no more payments. Now they are telling me that I have to wait 2 weeks to get my final paid in full letter which that 2 weeks falls on my payment day, and it is still saying that I owe $155.00 online in my account.

This is a dirty tactic and I will not be paying that since that was not agreed by myself and the account manager and store manager. I do not like this and in the end they can come and get the bedroom set before I pay them anymore money that I was told was paid off. I didn't even get my letter that it was paid off. I am supposed to get it the day it is paid off. This is unacceptable and unprofessional.

Hi Rico,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to investigate your concerns further. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. This is not the experience we want customers to have and look forward to hearing from you! -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My husband went to find out the payoff amount for a TV we have been paying on for a few months and just wanted to get it off of our bills and done with. They told us we have paid less than we actually have. I went through my bank statement and wrote down the dates and the amount I paid. The minimum was $60 but we made $80 to $100 payments a few times to get it paid off faster. They are telling us that we never made more than a $60 payment according to their system. Getting this figured out and done with today and never using them again. How dishonest?

Hi Jessica,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. We will forward your concerns to our Divisional Management Team. -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Almost 3 months ago I decided to get bedroom furniture with this company. When I received the furniture it was damaged. I tried numerous times to talk to the store manager and only getting broken promises. I then called corporate and complained on 3 different occasions. I was told somebody would contact me. Nobody ever contacted me. Yet I still made my payment faithfully for damaged items I tried to get replaced. They should give me a full refund for the months I paid. They kept setting up appointments to come out and they never showed up or even called to let me know they wasn't coming out. I took time off work for these appointments they continued to make only to lose my job because I had to wait on them and they didn't have the nerve to show up or call. I expect a full refund for the damaged items.

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your previous issue number? We would like to look into your concerns further. -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have been a customer with the Lapeer, MI store for almost two years. A few months back I lost my license after a traumatic brain injury on my farm caused me to have seizures. It has been difficult getting payments in since my online account has not worked since day one. Last time I was able to make it in I set up a direct debit on my bank card. My card was compromised on eBay so I had to request a new one.

In the meantime of giving them the new number, I had to attend a funeral for my grandfather in Indiana. Literally in the middle of nowhere with no service. I forgot all about Aaron while I was concerned about my grandmother who suffers from dementia losing her husband of 61 years and my parent having a nervous breakdown because she did not know how to help her mother. I was five days behind on my payment when my kids came home to a tag on the door. They could not tell me because I was getting horrible phone service. I was six days past payment date when they started calling all of my references. They acted as if I was a month behind or something. I looked at my phone when I got back to hotel and had over 16 missed calls from them in three days not including all of the calls to my references.

I am so embarrassed. I can not believe they would treat me that way. They have ALWAYS gotten their money and I have bought several things from them. Two living room sets. A brand new fridge, and a dishwasher. I am calling them tomorrow and telling them to come get everything besides the fridge because that will be paid off in three more payments.

Hi Shantell,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will forward your concerns to our Divisional Management Team to investigate further. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, your email address, and your best contact number. -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Hello, I am a Aarons customer and unfortunately, I am dealing with a situation. I fell on hard times and was hit with eviction. I sold the items to keep a roof over my head but still plan on making payments. Then life hit me again, I'm now over $500 in the hole with Aarons and they are hunting me down daily. I do not want to end up in handcuffs over the matter, I am however working a new job... and would like to just continue making payments. Any advice? I admit the owner is actually not a bad guy. I would like to keep a good reputation.

Hi Chris,

We recommend calling your local store to make payment arrangements to avoid any further collection procedures. -Tavius

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have a washer and dryer as well as a bedroom set. I fell behind because of medical reasons on my payments and they have made account inactive. I dont wanna call and talk to them in the store because they are extremely RUDE! I feel it is unfair to make my account inactive especially since I didn't complain one time when they brought me broken furniture and then it took them almost two months to get a new headboard that they stripped setting it up. This will be the last time I ever rent from them nor will I ever refer someone to them.

Hi Yolanda,

We would like to investigate your concerns further. Please send us a private message with the primary name on your lease, the local store that you work with, your email address and your best contact number. -Tavius

Aaron Rents Company Information