1.56/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Aaron Rents

Aaron's, Inc. (NYSE: AAN), a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances and accessories, has more than 1,800 Company-operated and franchised stores in 48 states and Canada.

Founded in 1955 by entrepreneur R. Charles Loudermilk Sr. and headquartered in Atlanta, Aaron's has been publicly traded since 1982.

In 2009, Aaron Rents re-branded to Aaron's, Inc to bring the company in line with the same name that all stores now operate under. Over 55 million households across North America know and trust the Aaron's name.

If you need further assistance with your customer service complaints in reference to your local Aaron's store please contact our customer service team Monday - Saturday between 9AM and 10PM EST at 1-800-950-7368 or email myexperience@aarons.com for the opportunity to resolve your concerns prior to posting a review.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

778 Aaron Rents Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: May 11, 2017

Horrible! Don't buy from them. I was looking at prospective Bedroom Set - they had me fill out application including 4 (Four) personal references! I went back to finish the paperwork - mind you - they First lost my File, then they Never followed up and called my References. I asked them not to call unless absolutely Imperative, which they said they wouldn't do. Then they told me that they would help me in a min. I waited and they went and sat in the office with someone else. After 5 min. of waiting, with no help, I walked out and went elsewhere. THEN, Days later, they called all my references saying they "forgot my number and they wanted to Deliver the Bed!" Without making the Sale, with finalizing a Purchase or Anything! They want to Deliver!! A Bed that I didn't Authorize!

Original review: April 26, 2017

Was told in Feb account was paid in full in Jan when employee was unable to locate account. Three months later my relative received a letter I was delinquent with payment. When I called store and asked for a accounting of all payment and original contract I was told by Joe in account he was unable to do that. When you asked for the total balance remaining he replied he couldn't say due to a glitch in the system. When I spoke to SAL manager he said the balance was shown and he could not explain why I personally was not contacted by phone or email for three months but balance was still on the account. Staff is completely incompetent, and rude. Never would I return or refer anyone there. Online complaint for BBB was also submitted.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I got a couch from Aaron's in Dec 2016 it cost a little over 400 dollars. I wanted to pay it off in 4 payments in which I was told I could same as cash. Now I was told I had to pay 6 months at 105 a month that's not same as cash. So now I have paid over 500 so far and the manager has yet to call me back. I should have went to RAC instead but they actually assured me my payoff would be 4 months.

Original review: April 12, 2017

This was my first time ever renting from Aaron's. The store manager was nice in the beginning but once you are 2 days late on a payment the phone calls don't stop. If they can't get a hold of you on your phone they call your work and I have to say annoying. But then I was just tired of it so I called them and told the store manager Matt to come have someone pick it up.

The guys were so sweet (Eric and Dre). They took everything then they came back asking for the tv. Mind you when I got the bedroom set it said free tv with purchase so they had to call their manager. He is just so rude. Told me that I either need to pay for the tv or give them the money and I repeatedly told him the online sale said free tv. He just kept arguing with me. There was no way of talking to him. He was very rude. But after Matt got off the phone the guys both told me "you aren't the first person that we have heard this from." I just don't understand how he is still the store manager at Aaron's.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I have bought many things from Aaron's due over the many years. They change managers ALL the time! The one in Petoskey, MI insisted that I had to pay the payment I was a little behind on and the upcoming payment. I told them no. I argued with them for quite sometime then hung up without paying for anything. I asked my husband to call... they got him on the phone and badgered him for 9 minutes about making the double payment as well... He finally said whatever and they charged my card $100 more than I already authorized them. Then when I called them back regarding it. The manager got on the phone and was belligerent and told me that he would not accept my $79 PAYOFF and told me that he would come get the product instead. Which they cannot do. I have been doing collections for 12 years and would have never treated one of my customers this way. I am appalled by this experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aaron's INC?

Original review: April 7, 2017

They keep knocking on my door even when I call letting them know I will be there tomorrow. The next day guess what? Aaron is knocking on my door and that pissed me off. Well guess what Aaron I will not make business with you and I confronted the manager and she totally change the conversation like, "Your name again and your address ok. You owe 92.00" and did not even apologized ok. So rude. This store is at Perry St in Pontiac. I enjoy the other people there but they have new managements and they are rude.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Went I put our first month down on a 55 inch tv, was told we would need my mother's approval to have the tv at her house since we live with her. When they got to our house the next day with the tv the delivery guy showed my mom the paperwork she had to sign but she was listed as a secondary customer when we was told all they needed was her permission. The delivery driver called his manager on duty (Patrice) and let my mom talk to her. Patrice told my mom she was not interested in listening to her complaint that she would have to take it up with a different manager and then hung up on my mom.

A few minutes later she called the delivery guy and told him to bring the tv back to the store because she did not like my mother's attitude. We called to speak with a different manager (Ron) the next day and he said he can't do business with us to just come get our money back because we live with my mom and they did not like her attitude. I will never rent from Aaron's and I will never recommend anyone to them! They are very rude!

Original review: April 4, 2017

I have been a long time customer of Aaron's, but the store in Starkville Mississippi is RUDE!!! They do not listen to their customers, they do not come out to fix problems when they say. They order wrong parts, when the problem was the bed was never put together correctly in the first place and the parts were for a different bed altogether. Lack of training from Management down to delivery!!! WILL NEVER RENT FROM THIS STORE AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I'm so unhappy with AARON'S and because they have me paying on a t.v. that got struck by lightning and I've paid over a 1,000 dollar on this same t.v that broken it unfair to me and they lie to me about it. Not covered by the protection plan. It just unfair and I'm praying that God step right in this mess and fix it for me. I'm have to pay on another t.v. along with the broken t.v and somebody call on the Lord to help me out of this situation. Thank you God.

Original review: April 2, 2017

This was the first time I ordered from them. They rent roach infested appliances. I refuse to pay. I ordered a refrigerator from them. Then I also received a bedroom set from them. The bedroom set was used and how I can tell is there were still clothes in there. I refuse to get anything from them. Buyer beware!!

Original review: March 31, 2017

The manager Quinton is extremely rude. He yelled at me on the phone, told me customers were not his number one priority, his truck shipments were. His store gave me the wrong delivery date and I was called a liar. I spoke with the regional manager. He scheduled my delivery. I come home at lunch to check on it when my washer and dryer were supposed to be delivered first thing in the morning. When I got home my front door was left OPEN and my floors had been cracked and broken, and there was only a dryer in my apartment room, not hooked up or anything. I called the store back and the female associate laughed at me for being so distraught over this issue.

The manager Quinton came back with the delivery guy, and they called me a liar again that my FRONT DOOR WAS NOT LEFT OPEN. They tried to bully my leasing agent into letting them back into my apartment to take back the dryer they had left instead of bringing me a washer. The manager and delivery man laughed at my leasing agent for defending me. So here it is almost two weeks after my original order and no washer, broken floors, tears, and being yelled at and laughed at what is supposed to be a decent company. I am waiting to hear from the regional manager to see their solution. As much as I'd love to go with another company at this point, I have waited so long and just really need a washer and dryer pronto and feel Aaron's as a company should reconcile this entire traumatic terror of service.

Original review: March 30, 2017

This my second time dealing with Aaron in North Bergen. First time the staff was very friendly and understandable. I paid my things off in a timely matter. The staff they have now are so rude and disrespectful. I had some personal problems and I could not make my payment for the month and they was not understandable. They would call my phone even called blocked. Also they called my reference about me paying my bill. I thought my reference was to see if I was a reliable person not to harass them about me paying my bill. They even pop up at my house like I was hiding from them or something when I made an agreement to pay the next month. This is my second and last time dealing with Aaron. I do not and repeat DO NOT Refer anyone to Aaron.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I have an account with Aaron's in Wytheville, Va. My name is the ONLY ONE ON THE ACCOUNT. Amanda told someone who called (caller said) I need information on so and so account. She told them ALL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION not knowing who it was or caring that no one's name beside myself is on that account. WHAT HAPPEN TO PRIVACY LAWS. So many scams and identity thefts and then they have people like that working for them. Does not make any sense. I complained to corporate office and they do nothing. Really people it's 2017. WE CANNOT TRUST ANYONE WITH OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.

I told them I do not want to deal with her but of course she keeps on calling to "discuss" my account. NO. I DON'T WANT HER TO GIVE MY INFORMATION OUT TO ANYONE!!! My name only means me only!!! Are privacy laws a joke or do people just don't care? I care!! It's my right to have privacy. I expected it but did not get it!!! They even give you a privacy pamphlet, you can throw that out the window.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I ordered a platform bed and mattress. Total Price 1600.00. I paid 125.00 down is what they told me I needed. I signed all paperwork a week later and paid a month ahead up front. Told bed would be delivered a week later. No one showed. Got a phone call after I threw out my old bed that someone called out sick and a credit would be applied to my account of 25.00. Then I wait until 5:30 PM 3 days later only to have mattress delivered. Was told they'd be back with the bed. 8 PM the same evening the manager shows up with the bed. Not in a box, scratches all over it, and wood chipping off the bed large deep scratches.

Her Response was "Well we got it out of the warehouse and it must have all happened in the process in the truck". I said, "Why isn't the bed in a box?" She continues to help her driver unload the bed. I couldn't believe she was going to deliver a bed in the condition it was in. And on my invoice it says Excellent condition. Are you kidding me? A 1600.00 bed and mattress with deep scratches and dust all over it with wood chipping off. I am asking them tomorrow morning to pick up the mattress and I want my money BACK!! Atlantic City NJ Store. Don't Shop THERE!!

Original review: March 18, 2017

My Aaron's store in Rio Grande, NJ is terrific. The staff were very helpful in helping me select a TV and even signed me up for automatic payments out of my SSI benefits. Walked in and they helped me select a TV, did the paperwork in less than 30 minutes and 2 hours later it was delivered to my house. Best thing they automatically take payment out of my benefits thus relieving me of the pressure to remind myself to pay them. Staff and management were very nice. Only problem I have is the prices. I have to pay $2,500 for a $800 TV. But when you don't have $800 to pay upfront this is the way it has to be done. Rent A Center did this practice and they were sued by state's attorney general. So Aaron's fate may be heading in the same direction. This has no reflection on the staff at the store.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I rented a bed from Aaron's (rent to own) four months ago, and it was full of bedbug and still is. I tried to contain the bed bugs with bed bug spray; the situation got worse. When they delivered the bed, the mattress and headboard were dirty, and the back of the headboard was peeling. One could see the bedbug eggs with the naked eye. When I called the store four months ago, the manager got thunderous and belligerent and told me, "We don't take beds that are infected with bed bugs back." I said, "This is a rent to own. You brought the bed here. You are supposed to pick it up at the customer's request." He replied by saying, "If you don't pay it to us going to hurt your credit."

I got very ill after that, so I waited because I really did not know what else to do. A friend of mines told me about BBB, but before I called BBB, I gave Aaron's another chance to treat me right. I called them March 10, and they said they would pick the bed up March 13th which was Monday. As soon as I opened the door to let the delivery man in the first thing that came out of his mouth is, "Why do you want to return the bed back." I thought that was very odd. When they got upstairs, I asked them "where are the papers for me to sign to release the furniture." They said that their boss did not give them any papers to sign.

Then they went into they bedroom and stayed there for about ten minutes before they yelled out "hey miss you got bedbugs. Can you come here." After that, they left. I called the store again and got that same runaround that "we don't take beds back with bedbugs, and if you don't pay us, it will hurt your credit." Could you please help me with this dilemma.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Worst customer service. Was told that I should be able to link my accounts from previous state (not even weeks apart and same furniture). Come to find out that was a lie (nowhere in the contract did it say otherwise though). So at this point I don't even want the furniture Anymore (because where did all my money go?). So I schedule for them to come pick it up. Thursday after 3. Well that Thursday arrived and apparently something happened with their driver. So reschedule for the next morning. Jeremy didn't say what time in the morning just said "next morning". And because their website shows that they don't open until 10. I'm thinking I had time at WORK To get there. Nope. I get a call At 950 saying the delivery guys were there and no one answered. (Oh and to blow your minds even more there are people at the house, in the front room who would have heard the "knock" so more lies).

Now I don't know where Aaron's found these clever guys but I'm more than certain that when they pick up or drop off a product they are to call the customer to let them know that they will be there in a certain amount of time. Well that didn't happen. So it has to get rescheduled. AGAIN. Messing with everyone else's schedule and life because they don't have theirs together.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Went to Aaron's to purchase a bunk bed set for our children. The salesman quoted California law regarding the sale of mattresses and that they had to sell us mattress protectors because they couldn't sell stained bug infested mattresses should they have to recoup a loss and repo the beds. When asked where we lived, we told the salesman who then stated they didn't deliver to our area when on the previous day I seen their truck at in our area. My wife's employee has an account with the store and lives in our area. I'm a police officer and regularly see Aaron's vehicles in our area.

Original review: March 7, 2017

We got a washing machine along with other products and have had trouble from the beginning with them. First with the associate always calling my husband sweetheart, baby, etc until I called her out on how unprofessional she was. Our washing machine broke. It had blew out the sides and put a hole in my wall. I called and all I wanted was a washer that worked. Considering I paid for it for 2 years. Well after 5 plus times they sent me a "new" one in perfect condition. It looks like it was dug. There's scratches all over. I'm going to contact an attorney. I want to be compensated for my wall, time and loss of a washer and had to pay out of pocket. I'm done being nice.

Original review: March 4, 2017

I was supposed to pay my bill on 3/3/2017. I had an unexpected call from my doctor's office to go to a specialist from blood work taken the day before. I called offered to pay 100.00 I had in my pocket and bring the remaining 38.00 I owed 3/3/2017. ** said "no that will not move our computer, and we will pick it up." Washer and dryer that they were 2 mos late delivering from not having it in store. I said "yes if you won't take the payment." Went into the store, 3902 S. Salina St. Syracuse, NY. She raged on me stated she's taking no money. She is picking up the washer and dryer.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Against my advice a friend of mine LEASED with the intention of buying a cellphone and furniture from AARON. They show up weekly to badger the customer claiming they are there for a payment when no payment is due and threaten the customer with calling the police to report items stolen. I advised my friend to return everything they ever got from this company and never do business with them ever again. No matter how good the deal looks or how much you may want things from them, doing business with them is not in your best interest.

They represent they are selling or renting things with such statements as RENT TO OWN when in fact they are leasing you items at above retail price and then if you do the math they are charging you 50% interest monthly. 1/2 your payment goes for lease and the other half equity that is totally lost if you return the items. They don't take into consideration wear and tear on any item so it will always lead to an argument. And if you want their rude employees showing up at your door every Sunday to harass you, that is exactly what you will get! A class action suit would shut them down and they are very deserving of such action.

Original review: March 1, 2017

I usually deal with rent a center... but they were not open on Sundays and I needed a washing machine. Picked one out, paid more than the down payment and then found out I could not take it home with me that day! There was only one person working that day and they didn't even have a dolly to get it out the door. I had hurt my shoulder the day before and didn't want to take the chance of him and I trying it on our own. We both stood outside for awhile to see if anyone could help but no... I left without it. But... he was a really great guy! Had the washer delivered two days later... They were awesome too.

So I went to make my first payment cause my deciding factor to go through Aaron's was the fact that I could pay online. Nope they never could find my account. So after closing the store I got it from I had to drive 40 miles to make a payment. Yes... I drove that far because the first time I sent them a check I ended up calling them five weeks later to find out why they haven't cashed it yet. They never got it. I always paid more than my minimum amount. Didn't get to pay it off in the buy off time. Ran into some really hard times and had to make the min pay.

The day after the next month was due they were calling. News flash... we work too. So they thought it would be a good thing to call after 8 pm. My husband is a truck driver and had just fallen asleep for his three hour nap before hitting the road again. Not good... was told by Andy he would make a note of that. Made the payment more than what was due... then my husband had to have surgery and we had to come up with a down payment. Again Andy called the day after the payment was due. My husband was trying to sleep after his surgery... 8 that night the phone starts ringing and didn't stop until he was awake. At this point I was ready to take the washing machine back to them in pieces.

So the next day I used my bill and grocery money to just pay them off. That was also a joke because I ended up paying more than what I was told was due two months ago after paying more than my minimum payments. But I just wanted to be done with them. They are a fraud. I never had this problem with Rent-A-Center. And they had the nerve to send me a 50$ coupon with my ownership papers!!! I will NEVER do business with this company again!!! The store is located in Sayre Pa.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I've rented with Aaron's for years now. Last May when I went to make my final payment for my PS4 and 38" smart TV, I was greeted like usual. My friend was with me and was interested in dressers for her room and a 48 inch smart TV. She didn't have funds on her that day so the sales rep insisted that if I do the lease under my name I can use my "last payment" for my merchandise for her down payment. They can "waive" my last payment since I've been a long-time customer. I felt great because I was recognized as a long-term customer and I fell for it.

My friend fell behind on her payments. Now the store manager is harassing me, literally sending me pictures of threats to send me to jail for class B & C felonies. Nonstop phone calls, calling my work place, leaving notes everywhere from my car window to my garage door. It's defamation of character and I will take the store manager and Aaron's as a whole, if they don't stop with the harassing messages, to court. She knows good and well that the merchandise is not mine. I've paid $300 out of my own pocket because I was tired of the phone calls and I can't seem to reach my friend anymore.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

They were good when over time I got things no they talk to me like I stupid and telling me they are taking me to court. They asked me why we ruined the queen bed and why I removed the cover sheet. I have kids I know it looks bad. I had a few things from them over time. I had to return everything was either chipped or broken. Now they're saying I'm stealing a blue-ray player I don't have. I gave to the delivery guy's and the boss never went with them to my house and my husband said he wanted it but that was not my words. I know what I did. I handed it over.

So they're trying to get us for two things. I'm on disability and ssi messed my check up for two months so it's trying to get fixed. They're calling me a liar. I told them I can pay on the first. I've missed two months and said I can fix on the first. They don't care they just want to throw a disabled person in jail. I don't know what to tell them about the blue-ray I told them come check my house. They said I supposedly sold it. I never sold in my life and I'm not stupid to sell anything. I know the agreement. I'm not dumb. If I was stealing I wouldn't answer my phone or I wouldn't bother at all. They told me I'm being recorded. I told them go head. I keep telling them I can pay the first but they want it now.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

I have been paying for a couch and a love seat for a year and four months now. I asked the company to give me a contract so I can see what their policies are. The girl on the phone told me they can't send that via pdf file to my email. That I have to come to the store in person. I was not given a valid contract when I purchased my items. The men that dropped off the furniture in my house just told me to sign the device that I received it. Every month I make a payment of $96 and on time with the exception of one month. I asked for a copy of an invoice so that I can see how many payments I have left. Once again, the woman at the office told me over the phone that I have to come to their facility to get that. She can't send it via email or to my account online.

Ridiculous and bad customer service. I will not be renting from Aaron's again in the future. Poor customer service and I am not confident in the way they do their business. I will not be recommending this company to any of my friends or family. They are too overrated and want to overcharge you with interest rates even if you miss one payment because of a problem that could occur towards anyone. We are located in Jacksonville, NC

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I have 2 orders I am paying on. The 1st is a set of bunk beds that have had to be repaired 4 times then replaced. The Boards fell out and injured my grandchildren. They gave me the run around and treated me like trash. I have had to have my fridge worked on the handle has come on 3 times the ice maker quit working blah blah blah. So they finally gave me a price reduction on my payoff. Still no apology. Now the fridge is leaking water the ice maker doesn't dispense and the handle is loose again. I complained to corporate due to the poor customer service I get every time I call.

Marco the manager of the store located 35 Ave Glendale Phoenix AZ has been trying to help me. I have been a challenge due to the constant issues with the product. I complained to corporate and got a call today from John the district manager. OMG what a complete and utter jerk. He is the most obnoxious uncaring person I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. So I think it's time to get legal advice. If you are smart and I know you are stay away.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I can't believe some of these complaints about Aaron. I have been a customer for a long time. I would recommend my store to anyone. I have never been called by them and when I call they know me. And we joke and laugh. They are very polite. I have gone in and they have given me the special offers. I'm sorry everyone can't have my Aaron. I LOVE MY AARON. They are the best. Will I rent again probably. If they get something I like and if I find something online and they don't have it they get it. I found a bedroom suite that I wanted. They didn't have it but they ordered it for me. So sorry about you guys and your luck cause Grove store is the best by far.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

The account managers and store management is horrendous!! The so-called account managers do not know their contract language to be handling money. The employees said the management is under scrutiny for his account handlings. Everyone I've dealt with in the store has been rude, disrespectful and belligerent.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I currently have 2 accounts with Aaron's that I've had for a year now. They harass their customers. They call me incessantly if I'm even two days late. What's worse is I've told them repeatedly that I work the same hours they're open and they still call my phone 3-4 times in a row before even leaving one message. Then when I call them back, their first question is have I moved. I can't wait to pay them off. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

Went there to buy a mattress or bedroom set, king size. I spoke to the manager. He was rude and a liar. I'm Cuban and I guess because I don't speak Spanish well he thought I was a gringo so he was being very racist towards me, wouldn't even give me 5 minutes of his time. What he didn't know was, I was ready to put $800.00 down on the bedroom set, he lost a sale. I'll never go back or recommend Aaron's to anyone. It was a horrible experience, I was disgusted with the service and the workers there!!! Aaron's on 16th West Hialeah.

Aaron Rents Company Information