3.35/5

375 Wendy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

The food was out in only five minutes for a forty dollar order! Which normally I’d be highly impressed with. But the food was hot garbage. Well, not all of it, The fries and baked potato were cold and The most expensive sandwich was missing. Also the Baconator barely had bacon! I believe the only time in the last few hours any of that food had been warm was after I got done eating and urgently shot it into the toilet.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I use to love going to Wendy's & ordering the double or triple cheese burger with a side order of fries but then you went ahead & changed your fries from the kind without skin which I love to the ones with skin which I hate. Why did you change them? They were better the original way. I'm just saying. I know my opinion doesn't really matter to you but I just thought I would complain anyway in hopes that you guys would change them back to the original.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Please avoid 500 ft Concord Parkway Wendy's North Carolina. Me and my friend going towards VA. We found a Wendy’s beside the interstate and we had to wait 30 mins and the customer service was too slow. Her attitude was, "If you wanna buy wait or go away.." I will never come back in Wendy’s..

Original review: April 11, 2019

Went to Wendy's at 1030am opening time hoping I would get a fresh burger and instead got a burger that was cooked the day before. If you look at the cheese there is no way this was made today...remember store opens at 1030 and I was 1st customer...unacceptable. 10.00 spent. Threw it away and went somewhere else.

Original review: April 7, 2019

First of all, they gave me ice with a little peach lemonade. Second of all, they forgot my fries. This isn’t the first time they’ve messed up my order. Every time I go to Wendy’s they seem to miss something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wendy's?

Original review: April 2, 2019

I have came every week for 3 weeks now trying to get a baked potato and they say they are out. I mean I get it the first week. But the 2nd and 3rd week? When do they do their ordering? It's ridiculous. Is the manager incompetent? Do they not know the ordering process? I worked at Wendy's for a long time years ago and this is a problem. Not happy with the Wendy's at 5250 S East St, Indianapolis, IN 46227.

Original review: March 24, 2019

My husband and I went to the Wendy’s in Carbondale, IL, Walnut St. Walked in and could feel the floor was sticky walking on it. We both ordered cod fish sandwich combo. The girl at the register acted like she didn’t want to be there. I ordered my codfish with cheese, lettuce and ketchup. I received cheese, tartar sauce and pickles, which I did not complain and ate the sandwich. My husband's was correct. But we really don’t feel this was codfish. I have had several codfish sandwiches from Wendy’s in another town and this was different. My fish didn’t cover the bun! My husband went to the restroom and came back telling the girl at the counter that the sink was clogged and there were no hand towels. He told me the restroom was disgusting! As we were leaving someone had cleaned the door glass and it was nasty! Dave Thomas is turning in his grave! This was not his dream for the public!

Original review: March 24, 2019

We went to the Wendy's on Stefko Blvd in Bethlehem PA. We used the drive thru and our experience was horrible. We waited a long time for service, the staff was fooling around and not even attentive to customers. The first drive thru window was wide open but not in use - so bugs etc could get in. The staff were loudly talking about the customers. The cashier was asked for a receipt and we were told "it's broken". The salad tasted like it was rotten. So disappointed!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Ordered a full harvest salad and when I got home realized it was a half. When I went back I was told that was a full. I explained that I order them frequently and it definitely was not. The woman stated that they changed the bowl to make them look smaller, in spite of the fact that they also only included the 1 packet of dressing and nuts that comes with the half salad. Everyone knows that making it look like less is a good marketing strategy. NOT. If you order the salad make sure you are actually getting what you pay for because they ripped me off and then gave a bs excuse when I went back.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I had Wendy's door dashed to me and when it arrived, opened my burger to find a black hair sitting in the middle of it. Also quite recently I had visited a Lee's Summit location and upon arriving with my family I watched the way they began preparing food, touching other objects and rushing around "handling" it all. It honestly made me lose my appetite.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I got a 4 for 4 meal at Wendy’s and it came with a Jr. Felix Cheeseburger and it was drive thru. I live 3 miles from the Wendy’s and went straight home, I sat down and the cheeseburger was cold as can be. It looks like it wasn’t even warm when the cheese got put on. It wasn’t melted or stuck on the burger and it had no sauce on it. No ketchup and the fries were cold and soggy. The only thing that was good about this meal was the Diet Coke.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

At the Wendy's drive thru in Wappingers, NY, I ordered a Dave's single cheeseburger meal. Meat was burnt. Not a little, a lot. I ended up throwing it out and just eating the rest. Also didn't like that smooth top bun. Tasteless. I should have gone to the McDonald's a block or two away. Also I found I can't talk to customer service at Wendy's online site unless I have my receipt. Who keeps a receipt from a fast food place. I tossed it with the bag.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Went to the Wendy's in Slidell, LA on East Gause and ordered a spicy chicken salad. Went to work and noticed after I had already eaten a fork full that my cheese had big molds on them. I was VERYYY disappointed. I went back to let them know and was responded "would I like another salad". Now why would I want another salad after that experience. Why not offer me my money back. This is it for me and Wendy's, and I'd encourage anyone who orders from there esp the salads to monitor your foods before indulging.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My son and I went to Wendy's today on Ritchie Hwy in Glen Burnie, Maryland and the service was amazing. The cashier came over to our table about halfway through our meal and asked if everything was ok and asked if we needed anything else. At a Wendy's! I'd expect that at a regular restaurant but not at a fast food joint! I was definitely impressed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

In Dec. 2018, Seeing the ads on t.v., the Wendy's hamburger looked so good that I drove to the Wendy's on Peters Creek Parkway in Winston-Salem, NC to buy two for my son and my supper. The sandwiches did not even resemble the ad photos. It was so sloppily made with about 1/2 the amount of pickles, tomato & lettuce it SHOULD HAVE HAD. The one slice of tomato was too small & lettuce leaf only covered 1/2 of sandwich as if there was a shortage of lettuce & tomato. Who wants to eat a sandwich like that? One single circle of onion and 3 pickles in middle of sandwich with a glob of mayonnaise in the center.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

There was a young man that took our order. His name was Jessie and he was suggesting the new sandwiches and was very informational about the product. He was a real gentleman. Then we got to the second window and the young lady working the window Tabby was so very sweet. She made sure the order was right. She got our drinks right out to us without straws and was patient while I checked my bags. Most people get irritated but she was very understanding and she gave me what we was missing with no questions asked. Those two people made my whole experience change my view on Wendy's in general. Thanks Jessie and Tabby. Keep up the great work!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Was excited to hear that they had come out with a giant junior bacon cheeseburger because I love the original one... But when I received my "Giant" it was pathetically small. It was only the regular one with an extra piece of meat. Very disappointing. I thought it was going to be the Dave's double with bacon. That would have been acceptable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

12/28/18 Visited Wendy's in Riverhead, New York. I ordered a salad for my son and a grilled chicken sandwich with fries for me. The sandwich was cold and sinewy or gummy and the fries were cold. I asked for a replacement sandwich of fried chicken sandwich. That sandwich was ok but very cold. I’ve never had a problem at the Riverhead Wendy’s before. I will, however, give them another chance. I was quite disappointed as it was a cold rainy day and I wanted a warm meal. Maybe I should have waited until I got home for the meal.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The Wendy's 4 for 4 is a pretty good deal in my opinion. It's pretty cheap for a whole meal and it actually fills me up. The bacon burger I normally get is great, although it's hurriedly thrown together, I have no problem fixing it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

It was so bad I hated it and the burgers were soaked in grease and it made my brother puke so never go to Wendy's. It’s so bad and the service there is so bad and they messed up my order. I ordered a Dave's single and I got a bacon deluxe so never go to the Wendy's on Bath Road in Kingston Ontario.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We were at the Wendy's on Possum Run Road in Mansfield Ohio. #00010920. It was very dirty. While we were waiting to place our order you could see behind the counter and there were buns, french fries and plastic bags on the floor. They kept stepping over everything. They were not very busy but you still had to wait while they laughed and carried on conversations with each other. The tables in the lobby were not washed. We were beginning to wonder if we were going to get sick after eating there. I will never eat at that Wendy's again. And I will be sure to tell all our friends not to go there either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered a plain hamburger a few minutes ago. When I got my burger it had everything known to man on that burger. It had cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, peppers, mayo, mustard, ketchup, a big piece of meat and 2 buns.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I sent my husband to McDonald’s for the kid’s orders and asked for a salad. He called me and said they don’t carry salads at this location. So I asked him to go across the street to Wendy’s (8055 S IH 35). I called and spoke to ** and he said they do carry salads and so I told him which one I wanted and my husband was coming over there. He arrived at Wendy’s and ordered my salad. ** took the order and was more than happy to help him. My husband realized that McDonald’s did not give a fry that he purchased so ** gave him one. Awesome customer service and going above and beyond!!! Thank you!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I used to enjoy Wendy's chili frequently, but the last several times I've bought it, there was virtually *less than 1 teaspoon* of meat in a large serving. It's filled with beans, water, cumin, chili powder - but no beef or onion. I don't know whether all Wendy's are skimping on the beef, or just the one in Forest Acres, SC. Regardless, I'll have to look elsewhere for chili. They need to advertise it as vegetarian chili. I'm personally not going to pay a lot for water, spice & canned beans.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The Wendy's in Sun City gave me a senior discount. I went to the Wendy's in Hemet and then to San Jacinto & both of them refused to give me the senior discount. All Wendy's need to be consistent. In Hemet they made us wait in line for 10-15 minute (about 5-6 people, then 9-10 people). The guy in front of me left because we had to wait so long. The Wendy's people were rude. I won't go here again. I will tell everyone not to go the Hemet or San Jacinto Wendy's.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Wendy’s 7555 NW 12th St. Miami, FL. Rest# 00000325. I must say first time visiting this Wendy’s inside to eat with my family I was truly impressed that the young lady who attended me was so nice Ms. **, and so helpful and wow even more impressing that this place was so clean. No disaster. The location is very big inside to actually sit down and enjoy a meal with your friends and family and it even has different area with a for fireplace and some seating around the fireplace. You could sit with different areas and the place even has built in charges and outlets under tables so that you could charge your phone. I am truly impressed more so of the cleanliness of this location, which means you are truly valued as a customer where you could sit down and eat in a clean place it counts for a lot.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I want to tell everyone how elated I was to walk into the Redding, CA establishment. They recently had a beautiful remodel. The lobby is gorgeous and bathrooms are stunning. And the service was fantastic as well as delicious food. I had a very enjoyable experience. I can't wait for the Grand Opening on November 2, 2015. Come join the fun and meet Dave and Wendy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am very disappointed after my experience with the Wendy’s located in Jacksonville AR. I ordered the Son of the Baconator with only onion, no condiments. I do not like condiments i.e. mayonnaise, ketchup, etc. The person who took my order verified that what’s I requested no condiments and only wanted onion. Once I got home and went to eat my burger I noticed that my burger had mayonnaise and ketchup on it. I am completely disappointed with the lack of attention to detail, especially after verifying my order. I understand that I should have verified my order prior to leaving the drive thru. Since I did not do that, I have to accept the mistake.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Hello there! I’ve been going to Wendy’s for a while now and multiple times I’ve been given the wrong order. And yesterday when I got a burger from there HAIR was in it! I know it wasn’t mine or my dad's because it was very long. 1 star.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Have no idea how Wendy's and others that serve lukewarm sandwiches vs a Culver's or Freddy's that make burgers to order. Had a cheeseburger today. Literally, cold. Never again. Asked for raw onion and mayo and got a tiny bit of onion and a little mayo. All things considered, have no idea how these folks stay open.

Wendy's Company Information