3.34/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 25, 2018

331 Wendy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

I went there with my dad one night and he ordered. They got our orders wrong so badly I just hate it. I wanted a plain burger and guess what they got all of it wrong. I suggest never go to Wendy's. They are bad at customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have yet to go through the drive thru in Floral Park, Jericho Turnpike where an order was correct. Tonight it was rainy plus I had my grandson (22 months) with me. I ordered a hamburger kid's meal, milk, and vanilla frosty. In addition I ordered a Dave's single sandwich, fries, 6 piece nugget and broccoli/cheese baked potato. Got home to find chicken nugget kids meal, no milk. No fries to go with the sandwich. I go to this Wendy's maybe once every couple of weeks when I'm babysitting and I'm lucky if 1 in 10 visits my order is correct. The order window does not show what's being ordered and I seldom get the receipt. This is a new (remodeled) Wendy's and I'm very disappointed that the window help isn't better.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2018

It has happened many times through Wendy's in Nesconset HWY, Port Jefferson, NY, that I was either given the wrong food items or I was missing meals through drive through and I was realizing that when I was getting home. It is very inconvenient and annoying as you want to pick up the food after a long tiring day at work, get home and rest. Most the time store managers are reasonable, understanding and apologetic, until tonight (4/2/18) when I made a call to the store manager as 2 of my orders were missing (drive through). Store manager was so defensive, so unprofessional, and tried to devalue the issue (looks like nothing happened). When I explained that this has been happening, and store needs to root analyze the issue, she stated "this is human error and cannot be prevent or controlled." I wonder if this is how Wendy's (as a big established successful company) would do to grow its business and keep the customer satisfied?

Original review: March 28, 2018

The New Smoky Mushroom Bacon Cheesburger - This hamburg has got to be one of the worst that I ever ate. The Onion rings on it looked like they found the smallest rings. 2 didn't even cover the width of the bun (could have fit on a small child's finger) in the bottom of the fryer basket and the mushrooms left a terrible aftertaste for hours after. I normally really enjoy my burgers at Wendy's but I am afraid to ever go back. I overheard another customer complain about hers as well.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Mansfield - Staff was rude. Whole order was wrong. When I took it back they were rude. The new order they gave was still wrong, asked for condiments they gave 2. Asked for more they just looked at me. Awful customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wendy's?

Original review: March 19, 2018

I went through the drive thru and the lady that took my order was very short and rushing me through my order. I asked for a spicy chicken sandwich combo and she says 6 mins. Instead of asking me if I would mind waiting 6 mins. I wanted the combo. She rang me up for a sandwich. I had to ask 2 times for the combo. Then she didn't ask if I would like to upgrade it which I did want to. Then she told me my total before I was done ordering. I asked for my free junior frosty. She didn't ask me what flavor I wanted. I wanted vanilla and she gave me chocolate. I'm very disappointed with my service this evening.

Original review: March 13, 2018

There's no complaint system for issues. I was faced with a purchase of their famous chili and the famous chili was unfamous due to being uncooked. The beans were still crunchy and broke off in pieces while chewing. It's unsettling the Wendy's would serve food that's not even fully cooked and then when you complain about it the staff at the locations is very rude. It's a general rule for the staff at all the Wendy's locations I've been at. In the corporate office doesn't have an effective complaint department. They don't have any concern for customer input. That type of a business I will completely avoid. There's a few others that are similar with complaints and staff at locations be careful out there. Luckily there's fast food options. There are some great fast food businesses being ran correctly. We need to choose them so that we can have them good service throughout our community place.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This has got to be one of the worst Wendy's around. We have gone there on numerous occasions (1-2 a month on either a sat or sun evening between 6-7 pm and 100% of the time we wait for 15-25 min to either order our food or get our food. And this is with only 1-2 cars in front of us in the drive-through.) This happened just once or twice but like 10-15 times. It consistently takes forever. Then when we get home which is just a 5 min drive the fries taste old and our chicken sandwiches only have the chicken patty and bun on multiple occasions... again, not just 1 time but multiple times. When you pay $5+ dollars for a meal I would like to have more than just a patty and bun. They are consistent, I will give them that. But they are consistently bad. I will now drive to the next town to get Wendy's instead of from the Wendy's in Troy, Ohio.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I went through a drive through window at the Wendy’s on Meadowdale Blvd in North Chesterfield Va. (Asiago) Chicken sandwich was like eating rubber and the fries were in a medium size cup- Very disappointed! No Receipt was given.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Wendy's has great hamburgers, real friendly service, has the best chili, love the chicken nuggets and prices are very reasonable. I go there often. But the fries could be a little better.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Wendy's has been consistently good over the last 30 years of my life. The hamburgers are excellent, their chicken sandwiches are great, their chili and baked potatoes are wonderful. Dave Thomas did a good job of getting the Wendy's quality out there As opposed to McDonald's and Burger King.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Wendy's is the bargain hunter's dream lunch emporium, especially for seniors on fixed income. My friends and I get the junior hamburger and free coffee for total of $1.12 each, the 12 cents being taxes. What could be sweeter?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

The restaurant is clean, as well as the bathroom. Food is good quality and they have a lot of choices. Service is acceptable, friendly and efficient. And at the drive thru, they are also courteous.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

You are able to design your burger the way you want. With lettuce and tomato. The fries are better than other fast food restaurants and I love the Frosty's.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I recently visited two Wendy’s stores. At one store the cashier was very unpleasant, and the Frosty's I bought used sour milk. The other store had very slow and unpleasant cashiers.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I had a problem with a drink. There were 2 bugs in it but I didn't find out until I got to the bottom as I don't drink much soda and I had it in my fridge for a few days. I reported them to the health department and got my money back but they still have not resolved the issue so I will never go to another Wendy’s. This issue affects all stores. The ice is left open by the cash registers with the soda fountain above it. When I say open, I mean open. No cover or anything to protect bugs or anything getting into the ice. Most fast food restaurants will have an ice machine which is safer although not foolproof depending on the individual restaurant.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Don't care too much for Wendy's.. The food is not good at all. There's only one hamburger the jr that does not have cheese on. It can't get regular or bacon unless requested which they usually get wrong. Everything salads, wraps, chili, burgers regular, double or bacon all have cheese on them. I don't want cheese yet pay more if I don't get. It should be cheaper without cheese. Besides the cheese issue the quality of food is not good and the prices are too high. I avoid Wendy's as much as possible and only go there if I have to.

Do not like anything about Wendy's. Just about every Wendy's I have been in is not clean especially the bathrooms. They are nasty, dirty and usually there is no toilet paper. The staff is for the most part unfriendly and of no help at all. Management is a nightmare. They are the worst. The ugly girl logo is not appealing in any way. They need to get rid of it. I can't believe Wendy's has been around so long as awful as they are.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I love Wendy's because the food is always good. They have such a great variety to choose from. It is always clean & the workers are always so friendly. Just a great place to enjoy a great meal!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I love Wendy's because it's fresh, the Price is Right and it's a lot of different things to eat that satisfy them standing. It's the most freshest fast food place that I have ate at. I do appreciate when he's been eating there long time. Yummy.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I love Wendy's. No matter where I am I always order the same thing. So their customer service doesn't have to be great because they serve the Frosty & those delicious cheeseburgers.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Like all businesses today a simple "Thank you" would be nice. I find that over 90% of my shopping experiences do not include a "Thank you" at the end of the shopping experience. This includes Wendy's. I only get a "Thank you" when I say "You're welcome" as they give me my receipt or order.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I was at the Sugarloaf/Old Norcross Wendy's the other afternoon Friday about 4 o'clock. There were probably five employees and 4 people in line waiting on their order. And they could not get those four orders correct. The people waiting were incredibly angry. Meanwhile you had three separate people from the drive thru come in and their orders were incorrect also. You would have thought that somehow they just accidentally switch the drive-thru with the counter orders. But that was not the case. They just had gotten every single order wrong complete incompetence.

Meanwhile five other people for at least 20 minutes had waited in line without anybody even taking our order or say, “Excuse us. Please bear with us. We're having a bit of a problem.” Nobody even acknowledged that we were there. Three of those five people got upset and left. Me wanting a Frosty which nobody makes better than Wendy's so I was not going anywhere LOL till I had gotten my Frosty. The frosty was excellent as usual but from when I walked in until I walked out the door it took me 40 minutes. Any other Wendy's it would have been a five minute Exchange.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Went through drive through and nobody answered at 1pm and they said they open till 2. Drove around and knocked on the window. Crew Cass laughed and said, "Nobody been here in two hours. Sorry. Come back when we are open again." I'm think wtf. Who says that? Especially when it's 1am and you don't close till 2. They all thought it was funny. This is the Wendy's off Weber and i55. Never again will I ever go there again. Very sad for Wendy's. I didn't even get a chance to order.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Menu changes often and keeps it from being boring. New items are generally really tasty. It keeps an interest in going back to see what they have new and there are always a few stand-by items if you don't like the selection.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I appreciate the good food selection and I find it’s always fresh. The prices could be a bit lower but due to redhead maybe that is why the cost is higher than other chains.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I like Wendy's 4 for 4 value meal. Certainly a good deal for money. As a retired person, it is nice that I can eat out and not spend a lot. Their remodeled restaurants make it pleasant to eat there while the food is hot instead of in my car or taking it home.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This restaurant delivers great service and its staff politely treat every customer with great respect. This store is located 25 Story Ave. Newburyport, MA 01950.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have misplaced my debit card. I know it is around somewhere. I just don't know where. This has caused me to only use pay by mobile. I saw online that Wendy's allows pay by phone. I go to walk inside and there was a “pay with mobile” badge on upper right side of door. There was a bit of a line (it was just after 1p.m.). I decided to wait since I knew (so I thought) they accepted pay mobile. It took the better part of 10 min. to get up to the lady. I gave her my order, then I went to pull my phone out. She looks at me and says, "We only accept cards and cash." I replied, "Ma'am, it says online and on the door to walk in." I think I bothered her when I said that, because she just looked at me then looked at the line behind me (it's a full line) and yells back, "Hey ****" (I don't remember the name).

The lady looks our way and says, “They don’t have it setup”. The cashier turns back to me to inform me they don't. This whole experience bothered me, because I was on a time crunch. Wendy's has it all over they accept it. The fact that no one was willing to check and see for sure even after I told them everything says they have it. I called the 1-877 number after the lady the answered was real polite. She informed me they do have it, and said she would have a manager contact me so I sat in the car for 15 min hoping I would get a call saying I could go in and use my mobile pay (once I decide I was getting Wendy's I was kinda craving it). Well nobody called me and I didn't get to eat lunch. Didn't have time to find somewhere Waldron or drive somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Re Rockingham NC Hwy 74 Dec 17 2017 around 6 30 - 7 00 pm as I got to the drive thru order speaker I have never been this appalled!! When I first got to the order speaker she yelled out something that I could not understand. When I said, "Excuse me," she said very rudely - "Just order when you're ready". I really wanted to drive off but I really like your hamburgers. The employee was loud, uncouth, didn't understand my order and as I tried to repeat it she talked over me in a disrespectful tone saying, "I got that part. Just drive on thru". Of course when I got to the pickup window the order was incorrect. I know this is a racist statement but I don't know how else to describe her but **. Whoever hired her needs to be let go too. Please replace her! On a positive note please don't stop the Carolina classic. The chili on them and the slaw are delicious. That chili is better than your soup chili.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

First of all I called immediately after my experience today and got NO callback or message. Went thru the drive thru, which is NEVER ever timely nor is the order ever right. I only ordered a baked potato with sour cream and chives and a medium Diet Coke. I got the window and the person at the window gave me zero attention and was messing around with another worker (at the time this did not bother me). I received my order and left as I had to be back at work. I opened my potato BOX to find a potato with nothing but chives. I immediately drove back thru the drive thru and talked to the girl thru the ordering system and told her there was nothing on my potato... She told me to drive around (never one time did anyone apologize).

I drove and a man opened the first window and asked me what I needed... As he realized I had NO order at the time. I said, "I just need my condiments for my potato." HE then makes me drive and WAIT at the last window where someone OTHER than the first girl, opens the window and SAYS, "UM yeah... What was it that you wanted???" I was like, "LOOK I'm on my break. I got a potato with nothing on it." He asks me again what I needed. I told him sour cream and butter and/or salt and pepper. He then gives me 3 packets of sour cream. BY now my potato is COLD.

I take the sour cream and park my car. My time on my 1/2 hr break is now down to 10 minutes. I take a sip of my soda and it's FLAT. I'm talking FLAT... AND WITH NO apologies... From 3 different people. I work for Carter's. I cannot imagine not apologizing. I apologize if people are waiting in line for one minute. YOUR employees at this Wendy's are horrible. I threw out the receipt. The Wendy's is on Route 1. Levittown, Pa. I was there approx 2:15 pm on 11/14/17.

Wendy's Company Information