1.88/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

365 Wendy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I got a 4 for 4 meal at Wendy’s and it came with a Jr. Felix Cheeseburger and it was drive thru. I live 3 miles from the Wendy’s and went straight home, I sat down and the cheeseburger was cold as can be. It looks like it wasn’t even warm when the cheese got put on. It wasn’t melted or stuck on the burger and it had no sauce on it. No ketchup and the fries were cold and soggy. The only thing that was good about this meal was the Diet Coke.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

At the Wendy's drive thru in Wappingers, NY, I ordered a Dave's single cheeseburger meal. Meat was burnt. Not a little, a lot. I ended up throwing it out and just eating the rest. Also didn't like that smooth top bun. Tasteless. I should have gone to the McDonald's a block or two away. Also I found I can't talk to customer service at Wendy's online site unless I have my receipt. Who keeps a receipt from a fast food place. I tossed it with the bag.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Went to the Wendy's in Slidell, LA on East Gause and ordered a spicy chicken salad. Went to work and noticed after I had already eaten a fork full that my cheese had big molds on them. I was VERYYY disappointed. I went back to let them know and was responded "would I like another salad". Now why would I want another salad after that experience. Why not offer me my money back. This is it for me and Wendy's, and I'd encourage anyone who orders from there esp the salads to monitor your foods before indulging.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My son and I went to Wendy's today on Ritchie Hwy in Glen Burnie, Maryland and the service was amazing. The cashier came over to our table about halfway through our meal and asked if everything was ok and asked if we needed anything else. At a Wendy's! I'd expect that at a regular restaurant but not at a fast food joint! I was definitely impressed.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

In Dec. 2018, Seeing the ads on t.v., the Wendy's hamburger looked so good that I drove to the Wendy's on Peters Creek Parkway in Winston-Salem, NC to buy two for my son and my supper. The sandwiches did not even resemble the ad photos. It was so sloppily made with about 1/2 the amount of pickles, tomato & lettuce it SHOULD HAVE HAD. The one slice of tomato was too small & lettuce leaf only covered 1/2 of sandwich as if there was a shortage of lettuce & tomato. Who wants to eat a sandwich like that? One single circle of onion and 3 pickles in middle of sandwich with a glob of mayonnaise in the center.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wendy's?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

There was a young man that took our order. His name was Jessie and he was suggesting the new sandwiches and was very informational about the product. He was a real gentleman. Then we got to the second window and the young lady working the window Tabby was so very sweet. She made sure the order was right. She got our drinks right out to us without straws and was patient while I checked my bags. Most people get irritated but she was very understanding and she gave me what we was missing with no questions asked. Those two people made my whole experience change my view on Wendy's in general. Thanks Jessie and Tabby. Keep up the great work!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Was excited to hear that they had come out with a giant junior bacon cheeseburger because I love the original one... But when I received my "Giant" it was pathetically small. It was only the regular one with an extra piece of meat. Very disappointing. I thought it was going to be the Dave's double with bacon. That would have been acceptable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

12/28/18 Visited Wendy's in Riverhead, New York. I ordered a salad for my son and a grilled chicken sandwich with fries for me. The sandwich was cold and sinewy or gummy and the fries were cold. I asked for a replacement sandwich of fried chicken sandwich. That sandwich was ok but very cold. I’ve never had a problem at the Riverhead Wendy’s before. I will, however, give them another chance. I was quite disappointed as it was a cold rainy day and I wanted a warm meal. Maybe I should have waited until I got home for the meal.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The Wendy's 4 for 4 is a pretty good deal in my opinion. It's pretty cheap for a whole meal and it actually fills me up. The bacon burger I normally get is great, although it's hurriedly thrown together, I have no problem fixing it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

It was so bad I hated it and the burgers were soaked in grease and it made my brother puke so never go to Wendy's. It’s so bad and the service there is so bad and they messed up my order. I ordered a Dave's single and I got a bacon deluxe so never go to the Wendy's on Bath Road in Kingston Ontario.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We were at the Wendy's on Possum Run Road in Mansfield Ohio. #00010920. It was very dirty. While we were waiting to place our order you could see behind the counter and there were buns, french fries and plastic bags on the floor. They kept stepping over everything. They were not very busy but you still had to wait while they laughed and carried on conversations with each other. The tables in the lobby were not washed. We were beginning to wonder if we were going to get sick after eating there. I will never eat at that Wendy's again. And I will be sure to tell all our friends not to go there either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered a plain hamburger a few minutes ago. When I got my burger it had everything known to man on that burger. It had cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, peppers, mayo, mustard, ketchup, a big piece of meat and 2 buns.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I sent my husband to McDonald’s for the kid’s orders and asked for a salad. He called me and said they don’t carry salads at this location. So I asked him to go across the street to Wendy’s (8055 S IH 35). I called and spoke to ** and he said they do carry salads and so I told him which one I wanted and my husband was coming over there. He arrived at Wendy’s and ordered my salad. ** took the order and was more than happy to help him. My husband realized that McDonald’s did not give a fry that he purchased so ** gave him one. Awesome customer service and going above and beyond!!! Thank you!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I used to enjoy Wendy's chili frequently, but the last several times I've bought it, there was virtually *less than 1 teaspoon* of meat in a large serving. It's filled with beans, water, cumin, chili powder - but no beef or onion. I don't know whether all Wendy's are skimping on the beef, or just the one in Forest Acres, SC. Regardless, I'll have to look elsewhere for chili. They need to advertise it as vegetarian chili. I'm personally not going to pay a lot for water, spice & canned beans.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

The Wendy's in Sun City gave me a senior discount. I went to the Wendy's in Hemet and then to San Jacinto & both of them refused to give me the senior discount. All Wendy's need to be consistent. In Hemet they made us wait in line for 10-15 minute (about 5-6 people, then 9-10 people). The guy in front of me left because we had to wait so long. The Wendy's people were rude. I won't go here again. I will tell everyone not to go the Hemet or San Jacinto Wendy's.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Wendy’s 7555 NW 12th St. Miami, FL. Rest# 00000325. I must say first time visiting this Wendy’s inside to eat with my family I was truly impressed that the young lady who attended me was so nice Ms. **, and so helpful and wow even more impressing that this place was so clean. No disaster. The location is very big inside to actually sit down and enjoy a meal with your friends and family and it even has different area with a for fireplace and some seating around the fireplace. You could sit with different areas and the place even has built in charges and outlets under tables so that you could charge your phone. I am truly impressed more so of the cleanliness of this location, which means you are truly valued as a customer where you could sit down and eat in a clean place it counts for a lot.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I want to tell everyone how elated I was to walk into the Redding, CA establishment. They recently had a beautiful remodel. The lobby is gorgeous and bathrooms are stunning. And the service was fantastic as well as delicious food. I had a very enjoyable experience. I can't wait for the Grand Opening on November 2, 2015. Come join the fun and meet Dave and Wendy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am very disappointed after my experience with the Wendy’s located in Jacksonville AR. I ordered the Son of the Baconator with only onion, no condiments. I do not like condiments i.e. mayonnaise, ketchup, etc. The person who took my order verified that what’s I requested no condiments and only wanted onion. Once I got home and went to eat my burger I noticed that my burger had mayonnaise and ketchup on it. I am completely disappointed with the lack of attention to detail, especially after verifying my order. I understand that I should have verified my order prior to leaving the drive thru. Since I did not do that, I have to accept the mistake.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Hello there! I’ve been going to Wendy’s for a while now and multiple times I’ve been given the wrong order. And yesterday when I got a burger from there HAIR was in it! I know it wasn’t mine or my dad's because it was very long. 1 star.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Have no idea how Wendy's and others that serve lukewarm sandwiches vs a Culver's or Freddy's that make burgers to order. Had a cheeseburger today. Literally, cold. Never again. Asked for raw onion and mayo and got a tiny bit of onion and a little mayo. All things considered, have no idea how these folks stay open.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

If I could give this place 0 stars then I would. The Wendy's on East Washington in Indianapolis is the worst restaurant I have ever been to. They had me pull up in the drive thru and then they forgot about me. I went in then they didn't my order ready. I had to wait 40 minutes to get my order. Then I get home and find out they messed up my order. This is absolutely ridiculous. They didn't know what I ordered or anything. Make me want to start going to McDonald's.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Atlanta airport terminal b. Their menu board clearly says additional nutritional info available upon request. I asked the employees and manager to see the ingredient list of a particular menu item and he shrugged his shoulders. Said they never received the ingredient list book from Wendy’s and that he does not know the ingredients of any of the items - very disturbing. Suggested I look it up on their website and those are the instructions they are given to share with customers. I stepped aside and looked up the website to see that the ingredients are not listed there either. Called customer service and the woman wrote up an entire report but STILL couldn’t give me the ingredients. Unbelievable!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Went to the Wendy’s in Oak Park Heights, MN. Waited in the drive-thru line with only 3 other cars. After about 30 minutes we got to the ordering menu and no one was there so we wait another 15 mins. I believe the cars in front of us had just left as no one was on the monitor. We give up, pull up to the window and no one was there.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Today, August 15, 2018 @ 6:51 PM. I went to the restaurant (Wendy's Restaurant #00003348) and ordered a double cheeseburger, large french fries, and a cup of water. I paid but puzzle about the total amount. I realized I had been overcharged as a cashier charged me for a cup of water as for a large Coke. I complained to the manager on duty. She showed apologized but did not seek to resolve the problem with me. She just made a full refund. This incident was not mistake but intention to charge me improperly. I believe they will do same thing with other customers. DO NOT buy anything from Wendy's until they must clean up the incident.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Visit to Wendy's, 6021 Argyle Forest Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida. Site location 00011399. Location phone number (904) 265-0823. Men's restroom had no toilet paper nor any paper towels. Fountain Service area with two soda dispensers only 1 worked. There were no straws, one ketchup dispenser was inoperable, the counter top was wet and sticky and when our order was ready we were told the establishment had no croutons for the side salad. Side salad consisted of lettuce only. The salad had no tomatoes, cabbage, or other ingredients usual to a Wendy's side salad.

While eating our meal we were constantly interrupted by a woman with a child looking for a handout as she claimed she had no money to feed her child. She would not leave us alone until I gave her $10.00. We will never return to this location ever again. The money we spent on our lunch was wasted as we threw half of our meals away. We were so uncomfortable with the entire experience we decided to count our losses and leave. This Wendy's is a disgrace to Dave and the fast food industry in general. Yuck. No, that's inaccurate. I should say yuck, yuck, yuck. If an inspection by the Health Department had been scheduled for today I'm sure the doors would have been locked and the key thrown away.

Original review: June 27, 2018

MY VERY FIRST TIME FILLING OUT A WENDY'S SURVEY! Appears Wendy's is presenting a fraud survey on the back of their Customer Receipts. # 1) It SAYS... you will talk to a live person. Oh no... Not true. No live person. # 2) They refer you to a website next. Oh no... Does not work. # 3) Once you get there and put in: the date, the time, and the store number it tells you, "We cannot do this survey based on the information you have placed on the survey." All information was verified to be correct, true, and accurate.

I called Wendy's Corporate Office and filed a complaint. They have NO ANSWERS. Once again, as customers we believe Wendy's surveys TO BE FRAUD! I told their Rep I would not be back to a Wendy's until I knew the customer survey was TRUTH AND FACT. There are other Fast Food Companies who treat the customer with BETTER RESPECT who offer a REAL SURVEY.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Wendy's Youngstown Ohio Midlothian store - DRIVE Thru workers both windows rude. Horrible customer service. Didn't repeat our order back to us, so we know that she got it correct! This company needs to train their employees better.

Original review: June 10, 2018

So we arrive at Wendy's. See guest still in the restaurant eating. Start walking towards the door and young girl rushes to the door and locks us out and walks away with a big smirk on her face. Talk about RUDE. Ok so your closing could have politely met us at the door and said, "Sorry the dining room is closed but we would be happy to help you in drive through!" I would honestly suggest going over proper customer service with your employees!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I always get good service when I come and visit Wendy's! Especially at the Location of: 7135 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90046. I just want to personally Thank all of the staff for offering me such wonderful service every time I visit such as back on Thursday, May 31, 2018! Now that's taste! That's class! That's Wendy's!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I went to Wendy's on Milton Ave. In Janesville Wisconsin this evening. When I get there, there is 2 cars in front of me in the drive-through. Realizing they were a little busy I patient await my turn to get my food. When I get to the window, I pay for my food with cc and the guy gives me my receipt and walks away. I can see clearly through their window and I see my food and drinks on the counter. I see the girl at the window is having some issues. These goes on for a lil bit. Did not one of the 5 employees I seen standing around there said anything to me like "Sorry about the wait. We're having technical issues". They didn't ask if I had been helped or nothing. Then after waiting they give my food. When I asked why I took so long to get my food when it was sitting right there, all they said was, "We was trying to figure it out." Then when I check my food it was wrong. I'm big on customer services. Wendy's in Janesville Wisconsin will no longer get my service.

Wendy's Company Information