Wendy's

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Wendy's charges $1.99 plus tax for a large unsweet tea in my area of Florida. McDonald's charges .99 plus tax. McDonald's always has Splenda or some sort of artificial sweetener available. I recently requested artificial sweetener at a local Wendy's in my area and was informed that this is not provided. Also, I questioned this and texted Wendy's Customer service. I was informed that artificial sweetener may not be provided based on the ownership. How greedy can some of the fast food chains be. They are making more than 100% profit on unsweet tea and cannot provide sweetener.

On July 31, 2017 around 9 pm we stopped by the Wendy's on Minter Bridge Road in Hillsboro, Or. Trying to order was impossible the standard drive through method. The employee kept getting the order wrong. Eventually we went to the window to order there. The employee took our order and my sister requested he repeat the order which he did correctly. We got the order and went straight home. My sister was not feeling well. Once we sat down to eat we found out our order was wrong. The only thing about the order which was right were the 2 Frosty's. This is not the first time this has happened at this store. We will never be back. Oh. And the quality of the food was not as good as it used to be either.

I had the worst experience with this Wendy's on Spencer street, so much so that I have reported them to Corporate and will be submitting a further complaint to the BBB, Yelp, Consumer Affairs and everywhere else I can. Today 08/01/2017 at approximately 11:54am I went to Wendy's Store #00005270 to order a root beer float, a junior bacon cheeseburger with an extra patty and a strawberry lemonade. It took the host Carolyn over 10 minutes to figure out how to add an extra patty to my order. When I got to the window, I asked the host by the name of Ricklin to double check my order and he read back to me root beer float, strawberry lemonade and the junior bacon cheeseburger. I told him to make sure they put an extra patty and the host Carolyn was still trying to figure out to put it on my order.

I then told Ricklin to make sure that there is ROOT BEER and NOT COKE, because sometimes they mess up and give me a coke float, instead of a root beer float. He confirmed with that it was a Root beer float, when I get to the window... Carolyn hands me a medium coke! I told her this isn't what I ordered, and she was extremely rude and nasty! Snatched back the receipt and coke and got the manager! The manager spent an additional 10 minutes figuring out what happened with the order and I heard them yelling in the background that they were confused! After waiting now 20 minutes for my small order, the manager comes back and says "Oh, we don't sell that no more, so you good?" Those were the BRANCH MANAGERS EXACT WORDS... "So, you good!" I said, "no we're not good I still don't have my drink."

After my drink was brought to the back and passed around by multiple workers, I had no idea what happened to it, Carolyn comes back to the window and says " you can have your coke back." The manager didn't apologize, none of the staff apologized and after I had already spent the time speaking to Ricklin about making sure my order was right, this was just completely disheartening. They have zero sense of customer service, and now I will have to be traveling at least 30 minutes out of my way to Glastonbury, Ct just to get QUALITY customer service... And that's IF I ever order from Wendy's again.

This was a terrible experience, and it's not the first time! The food is always cold, and the workers are very rude and nasty! I'd like an explanation as to why the manager nor the workers Carolyn, or Ricklin told me the root beer float was discontinued from this location, why they made me wait so long for my order, and why they were so rude and acted as though it was my fault?

Bacon chicken sandwich - I went to Wendy's on Mary Esther in Florida. We got our food, drove off. My daughter said “something is on my burger.” I get the burger. SPIT IS ON THE paper sliding down on the burger... we take it back. The "MANAGER" tries to convince us it's grease. Who doesn't know the difference between grease and a glob of spit? And then ask would we like her to fix it again. I'm like “yeah right.” I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. I'm still waiting on contact from the business. Nothing so far.

A few years back they changed to sea salt on the fries which I think meant cheaper fry oil. Now they are messing with the burgers which do not taste good at all anymore. Too salty and the beef just does not taste fresh. It may never have been frozen but I think things have been added to it. I asked for 2 burgers with just cheese-ended up with all the sauce, toms, lettuce, onions. Manager said I should have said burger plain. Been there done that- and ended up with meat on a bun with no cheese. Wendy's was my go to fast food but after several poor/bad experiences I may have to something else like Subway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wendy's?

I wrote Wendy's months ago, yet no response. About 6 months ago, I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich meal. After driving a few miles, I opened the sandwich and noticed twice as much breading. A thinned out chicken sandwich. Supposedly the new sandwich was supposed to reduce the chicken rubberiness. In my opinion the rubberiness is still there. Those who didn't like it evidently were not long time fans. The change tells me either Wendy's doesn't know either their demographic or they are trying to reach new demographics and therefore alienated the old. There hardly appeared to be chicken on the bun. I didn't drive there to eat a fried bread flour sandwich with a side of thinned out chicken.

My wife recently went back to Wendy's and she ordered the Spicy Chicken Sandwich. She says now the sandwich she ate there was much larger. I hope so, because they had a good thing going with the original spicy chicken. If not, I will move on to someone else. Even their competitors are making bigger sandwiches. Tired of feeling like I'm being fleeced. Who wants to pay the same price for less chicken? Store location was Gilbert AZ, San Tan Village.

Wendy's food used to be good and hot with good friendly service in Dallas TX on Lemon Avenue but not anymore. The atmosphere has totally changed. I do not know if it is something wrong with their equipment but the food is not always at top temperature. Service at this Wendy's is terrible every time you go there. It's different. People working there this wendy's does not take pride in their food. I have never saw this newer group of wendy's employees use gloves. I do not want to sound bias but when the all Latino Spanish crew worked there the food was always hot and good. The service was great too.

I will never return to this restaurant again and I don't recommend them to anyone. This is the slowest drive-through I have ever been to. This is the second time and last time I have been there. There were 3 cars ahead of me and the car at the speaker sat there for at least 10-15 minutes before someone even acknowledged them being there. Then once I ordered, I had to wait another 8-10 minutes for my food. I asked the girl at the drive-through why it had taken so long and she said they were short of help. She was really rude and short with me. This is really poor customer service and this restaurant needs better management. You shouldn't have to be in a drive-through line for 15-20 minutes. That's inexcusable.

Been through Wendy's drive through several times to order food in Clanton, Al and never receive all my food that have ordered and paid for. They always leave something that I ordered out. I know that this can happen from time to time but not every time you visit! I think what's going on there is they do this to people all day long and at the end of their shift they have a lot of extra money to put in their pocket for charging people for food they don't give to them!!! Tired of paying for food and not getting it. Someone in charge needs to watch these thieves!!!

I always go to the same Wendy's, the one by prospect park in Brooklyn. Last night I went through the drive through for a frosty and during the 40 minute wait (exactly 40 minutes, my sister and I watched the clock because we couldn't believe how long everything was taking) we were attacked in the parking lot by a man selling incense. He was going from car to car knocking on the windows trying to sell incense. We said no, politely twice. Then he came over to the passenger side window and started knocking on the window yelling something from outside. We told the drive through attendant who said there was nothing she could do, although he was on Wendy's property. I will never go to a Wendy's again. Thank you for allowing us to be in danger.

My wife & I had lunch at Wendy's at 1200 Eagle Dr. in Loveland Colorado. A time that I wished I had not happen to me! Placed a order for us and waited to be called, which they did, I could have heard it from my home 3 miles away. Went to get catsup for my fries, guess what it was empty. This place had 8 people standing around, someone could have checked before they opened the door, right? One young girl says (we have packets) have you ever tried to stick a fry in one of those packets??? We sat at the table which was dirty, I then needed to go back to the counter as they failed to place my wife's drink on the tray. I ask where the water was and a young girl said (it’s right there) you know I didn't know where (right there). At this point I was not very happy!!! This place has sooooooo much room for improvement that it is unbelievable.

10 years ago I had a problem with a piece of hair in my cheeseburger so I never went back to eat at that burger joint, it left me at a bad food service experiences. Then I happened to notice that Wendy's remodel their burger joint in Albany or and so I thought hell what the heck, "let me give it a go and see how things are handle now". Wow, to my surprise "I order me a 4.00 meal deal" thought that assume. So, I order it and I left not thinking of checking my order.

Well, I was almost home and it's a 25 min drive there and what do I find in my order. No, not a hair but 2 fries and no Nuggets and the chicken wrap was the wrong order. Damn, I was not happy at all. They should always double check the orders before handing it to the customer and to make sure they repeat the order back to you. So, did I drive back to replace it? Hell No. I wasted my time going there for lunch. "I should have just got lunch at McDonald's. Lol." You think...I won't bother going back there again.

After not receiving a receipt and letting the window boy know how dissatisfied I was with the length of time it took to arrive at his window, they proceeded to make me wait even longer thinking I would graciously take my food. I asked for his name and my money back. Do not visit the Wendy's in Rockford store #5226 because they clearly don't understand it's their job to make the customer happy. If they're going to choose that line of employment, at least be good at it. It was comical and so predictable for a minimum wage employee. I would be unhappy with that job as well.

Concerning the restaurant located 177 Powerline Rd, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Your area management really needs to visit this location as a general customer. The place is run down, dirty and the service and appearance is far below what I know your company strives for. I have seen old gas station bathrooms cleaner. It's sad. I have been going there for over 6 years and it keeps getting worse. Today my order was wrong (which is the norm). I was in the drive thru for 20 min. Those of us waiting put our cars in park and just waited. Then when I finally was at the window the young lady just started to prepare my order of a family size chili. I asked for extra hot chili sauce and she gave me 3. She stated that is all they had, someone forgot to order. This Wendy's has lost me as a customer forever.

Went to the Wendy's here in Lenoir City and had a wonderful experience... The place was cleaner than any Wendy's I have ever been to. The staff was so friendly and even went out of their way to put a smile on my face!!! So with that being said, I couldn't be any happier with my experience there!! #BestServiceEver#

On May 7th my husband and I went to the DeLand Florida North Woodland Wendy's store. We ordered two number threes and they were horrible. The meat was over cooked and dried out. The tomatoes and lettuce were withered and the fries so limpy. We called in and talk to management to get the corporate number to file a complaint and (Carrie) who is the manager at the store was so combative. She stated, "you might as well talk to us because you're just going to get a free meal" and I explained that this is happening too many times now and that I believed that this was a management issue or internal with the employees. I stated that; "this is not about a free meal, it's about getting good food and good customer service from our hard-earned dollars that are being spent at this location"!!! I left my number for her general manager to call. She stated in 20 minutes. That call never happened.

I called back the next day and Carrie stated again that, "She's going to call you shortly" and that never happened. I'm asking that every customer stop going to this location because they have a lot of issues going on at the store. If you look online you will see hundreds of complaints against Wendy's. It's very frustrating when you go through the drive-thru and you wait 20 minutes and asked if your food is fresh and are told that it is and you leave to find out it had to be sitting in the window for hours and there's no receipt in your bag, no condiments or napkins. Again all customers think about this review before you go to this location and if you do make sure before you pull off that you have everything you requested; how you requested it. God bless!!!

Received my coupons from the paper and noticed that now Wendy's have a coupon code on them. Burger King coupons are reusable and all you need to provide is the coupon code and keep the coupon so you can use it again until the expiry date which makes a lot of sense to increase buy. So, I'm thinking that's the same thing that Wendy's is doing so I ask for my order and the person ask me for my coupon code which I provided. When I got to the window she wanted me to give her the coupon. I usually rarely go to Wendy's because of the HIGH prices. The coupons is the reason why I would go more often. I will not go back unless I have a coupon but being that they take them and ALL the coupons have the same code just doesn't make sense to me. I thought this time they was looking out for the consumer but I see Wendy's is still ALL about money. I will be going back to Burger King and use my REUSABLE coupon codes.

Went to Wendy's on hwy 85 Riverdale GA 30274. Was in the long ** line for 15 20 minutes before they closed. It's my turn at the window. I'm saying "Hello Hello" 5 times. No answer. I move forward and hear them get on the speaker so with the other four cars behind me I reverse and started saying hello again. No answer. I call the store and this nasty unprofessional ** girl answer after telling her I've been at the window calling for the longest. She tells me I'm a liar and that I wasn't there and they are closed. She needs to be fired and I hope they close this ** location down.

I went to Wendy's at 6 pm Central time on 3-29-2017 and ordered two 4 for $4 and a number 10 (10 piece nugget meal), with my nugget meal I asked for Baconator Fries. I was asked if I wanted the ranch ones I said "no", explained I just wanted the normal cheese and bacon ones and still ended up with ranch and bacon fries. I went out of my way and drove 10 minutes back to the location to get my fries fixed. As I tried explaining to the manager she was very rude and cut me off, told me to keep what I had and said she would correct it. I explained that I did not want the ranch ones as I do not like ranch. She grabs them from the counter and tosses them in the garbage. She immediately comes back with the correct ones and when I look in the bag it had fries with sprinkled cheese (not melted) and bacon. I set the bag on the counter, stated that I did not want them and walked out.

From the parking lot I called into the store and asked for a supervisor. The woman said she was. I explained the situation. She stated that she was the one I dealt with inside and that the cheese was melted on there and that I WAS BEING RUDE and said that I can talk to another manager and she will tell me that the cheese was melted too. As she tried to put the other manager on the phone all I hear is "UGHHH" in the background, never spoke with another person, and the same woman responds "she said it was melted too and you can call the store manager tomorrow if you want". I told her I will definitely be doing that and that she was VERY RUDE. She once again stated that I THE CUSTOMER WAS BEING RUDE which yes I was upset but I was nowhere near rude. If anyone had to leave from their home to go get an order corrected they would be upset.

It is the job of the employee (especially in a managerial position) to make sure that the customer is totally satisfied. Instead she stated "if you didn't like the shredded cheese on there you should have just said that". Instead of saying "I am so sorry I would be happy to correct that for you" that is the response I get. If my order would have been right not only the first time but the second time as well I might not have been upset. Then to be treated like I was the one in the wrong and pointing the finger at me when all I wanted was my order correct. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Never have I ever been so outraged about an experience!! Also might I add I am NEVER one to complain. I usually just let it go, but when you mess up twice and then as a manager you treat your customers like that, that is totally unacceptable. NOT OK!!

On 3/28/2017, a Wendy's employee whose name is ** (whose name on the receipt) attended me at the drive-thru window at 7363 Jonesboro Rd, Morrow, GA 30260. The cashier stole my Chase freedom credit card. To describe the situation in detail, when I gave her my card to make payment at the window, she never gave me my drink nor my receipt and credit card. She just told me to move my vehicle to the front corner of the building to wait for the food.

Another lady who seemed to be a manager came out with my food and card and receipt as well as drinks but I did not realize until I came home that the card they gave me was not my card but someone else's chase debit card... What...the... I have never had this type of terrible customer service at any fast food restaurant here in America and the fact that it had to be Wendy's really disappointed me very very very much...

Went to Wendy's 3 days in a row, as I had coupons and was home alone. The first day, Apple pecan full size salad and a chili, good but I forgot coupon so it was expensive, $10. The next day got an apple pecan full size salad and a chili and a fries. $15 WITH $2 full size salad coupon! Not even a drink. The last day, I had one salad coupon left ($2 off full size) and my fiancé got home, so I ordered 2 taco full size salads and two chilis. Used a $2 coupon and it was $20! Trouble is, it was SO gross. I didn't realize they give you chili to put on a bunch of lettuce to make it 'Taco' - some yucky salsa, a sour cream and some big round chips. So we didn't even eat the extra chilis I bought. Not going back. Too expensive and not good. Their chili used to be thicker, now it's runny. Looks smaller too, even though I asked for large. Bummed.

I went to the Wendy's restaurant at 560 N. State Rd. 7 in Royal Palm Beach, Florida this week to grab something quick for lunch. I ordered a single Baconator burger and the lady rung me up for a whole meal. When she told me the total I said, "Are you sure, I only ordered a sandwich?" She then rolled her eyes at me and said "I have to get someone to take this stuff off!" The other lady come over and does the override and walks off. Then cashier then gives me a second total which again is WRONG! I explained to her that I only want a single burger, she forgot to remove the drink in which the whole sequence starts again with the other lady. Now I'm looking around and the whole place (behind the counters) is total chaos! I'm asking myself "Who is the damn manager here?"

I finally pay for just the burger and go over to the other pick up counter. The cashier told me to just keep the cup. The lady who performed the override was there looking at me with an attitude as if I did something wrong. She yells over at the cashier "Did you charge him for this cup?" I replied, "I don't need it, keep it!" She then slams my burger in the bag and drops it on the counter and walks away. I always thought Wendy's was supposed to set the standard for the best fast food joint but they dropped the ball big time because this is the WORST excuse of a Wendy's I have ever seen!!! Whomever that manager is needs to be demoted or fired - PERIOD!

I went to the drive-thru window and gave them my gift card my daughter gave me for my birthday, it was a $20 card. I ordered a combo and went to the next window, they gave me a bacon burger, but I didn't want bacon and I didn't want onions... but they added that too. My wife checked the order before we left the window. When I questioned the manager about it (he was of Indian, Middle Eastern descent) and he wanted to see my receipt, but the first window did not give me one. He said that I didn't pay for my meal and didn't give me back my food or money.

I called the police and told them about my situation, and requested that they write a report, since I was in Law Enforcement now retired, but they said there is nothing they can do about it... So, we left. I never go to Wendy's anymore since then and it's been around a year now. I wanted to add this problem to Consumer Affairs so other people can see this and write in about their experience. I went to the Wendy's on RT 31 in Flemington, NJ.

Upon visiting my local Wendy's this evening (7th st in Altoona PA) I went to the ladies' room and found the single stall to be clogged with feces. I went to the counter and informed staff and they sent a man to clean it. When ordering our food I noticed that the woman was wearing plastic gloves, handling money and credit cards, and then proceeding to handle food in the same gloves. As I also work in food service (and have some common sense) I know this is a huge food safety violation. But that was nothing compared to what else occurred this evening. It wasn't the kitchen being absolutely disgusting...dirty counters, fryer bins that would turn anyone's stomach, food all over the floor and clearly kicked into piles under the fryer unit. It wasn't the fact that there were no clean tables. It wasn't the fact that someone finally came to clean the tables around us while we were eating...spraying a nauseating cleaner which made it difficult to eat.

What really scarred me for life was when the same man who had been asked to unclog the toilet filled with feces just minutes earlier came to our table and rather than inform us of the survey on the back of our receipt, reached his hands onto our tray where our food was lying unwrapped as we were eating to grab the receipt and show us the survey! That was it. I couldn't eat another bite. You better believe I completed their survey! This location should be shut down! I will NEVER enter this restaurant again...let alone eat there. At the very least management needs to be replaced, and food safety needs to be enforced. If this restaurant is allowed to continue operating as is, I can guarantee they'll be facing several lawsuits. It's only a matter of time.

I honestly have no idea how these people haven't been shut down or fined! Food safety is a very serious issue and can be fatal. Dave Thomas would be ashamed to have his name associated with such a vile disgusting restaurant. This specific location was just remodeled...they should have followed suit and replaced management as well because they're just going to run it into the ground. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the day when they get a surprise inspection! Damn. I should have taken pictures.

There's a sign... hiring inquire within, that means inside but when I ask they said "go online" and a guy said "we only hire young people." And the other issue is the coupons given for 2017 it says from 1-1-2017 to 2-15-2017 but they won't accept it on the first of January. I'm turned back feeling betrayed.

I recall many years ago when Wendy's made a decent batch of chili. It had all the standard ingredients that a fast food chain could safely use. Since then the quality has crashed. Recently my wife hankered for some Wendy's chili. What she brought home was nothing but beans... and a good number of them were tough skinned kidney beans. As for the meat... there was none. Chili is more than just a pot full of beans and (very) mild mixture. Chili means chili meat, beef. This stuff Wendy's passes for chili doesn't has half the amount of their cheapest hamburger. No more for me... I'll make my own with a better balance of quality beef and pinto beans, not tough skinned kidney beans.

I went to Wendy's on Sherman Ave in Muskegon MI! I had 10 on a gift card and the lady ran it through. Said it was declined. I told her I just looked the amount up and that it had 10. She said sorry it was declined very rude! She wouldn't run it again! I showed her online that it was 10 and she said, "Well, it declined. Don't know what to tell you!!" So I gave her cash and later went to get a frosty and it went through. She said well it didn't last time so!! She very rude and I don't appreciate how she acted!! If she would have ran the card through again it wouldn't have been a big deal! People need to learn how to appreciate customers!!

Wendy's location at 2442 Osborn Rd in Saint Mary's Georgia is the worst Wendy's I have been to in the last two month... Both times in the last month I see an employee selling and doing drugs at work. While I was in drive thru I notice the car in front of me wasn't getting food that they were getting something else handing to them thru the window. It was small so I was unable to see what it was. The last time I was at Wendy's I went in to sit with my mother-in-law and the employee that was working both the front and back was cursing profane to the customers and other employee. The same employee that was cursing was the one I seen with my own two eyes selling the drugs. Her name is **... I did not keep my receipt for either time.

Do not order a Frosty from the Wendy's Englewood, Oh store. The frosty is not the same texture as other Wendy's stores. The frosty is almost like a bad glass of milk. Yuck! The Wendy's store in Tipp City, Ohio makes an excellent frosty. Wendy's management needs to have the Tipp City store train the Englewood store on how to make a frosty. I sincerely think this would fix the issue.

Wendy's Taco Salad - I paid over $7 for the large and looked like the small. I heard everything came separate, but when I got my order the chili was on top and I questioned and told I have to order to go. Was my first time ordering. So I got the salad and I noticed that a lot of the salad underneath was rotten. I ate most of the top and I had ordered a Jr. Bacon CB too. Well that saved me from actually going up and complaining. I was hungry. I know better next time.

Wendy's Company Profile