1.90/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

349 Wendy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I want to tell everyone how elated I was to walk into the Redding, CA establishment. They recently had a beautiful remodel. The lobby is gorgeous and bathrooms are stunning. And the service was fantastic as well as delicious food. I had a very enjoyable experience. I can't wait for the Grand Opening on November 2, 2015. Come join the fun and meet Dave and Wendy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am very disappointed after my experience with the Wendy’s located in Jacksonville AR. I ordered the Son of the Baconator with only onion, no condiments. I do not like condiments i.e. mayonnaise, ketchup, etc. The person who took my order verified that what’s I requested no condiments and only wanted onion. Once I got home and went to eat my burger I noticed that my burger had mayonnaise and ketchup on it. I am completely disappointed with the lack of attention to detail, especially after verifying my order. I understand that I should have verified my order prior to leaving the drive thru. Since I did not do that, I have to accept the mistake.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Hello there! I’ve been going to Wendy’s for a while now and multiple times I’ve been given the wrong order. And yesterday when I got a burger from there HAIR was in it! I know it wasn’t mine or my dad's because it was very long. 1 star.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Have no idea how Wendy's and others that serve lukewarm sandwiches vs a Culver's or Freddy's that make burgers to order. Had a cheeseburger today. Literally, cold. Never again. Asked for raw onion and mayo and got a tiny bit of onion and a little mayo. All things considered, have no idea how these folks stay open.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

If I could give this place 0 stars then I would. The Wendy's on East Washington in Indianapolis is the worst restaurant I have ever been to. They had me pull up in the drive thru and then they forgot about me. I went in then they didn't my order ready. I had to wait 40 minutes to get my order. Then I get home and find out they messed up my order. This is absolutely ridiculous. They didn't know what I ordered or anything. Make me want to start going to McDonald's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wendy's?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Atlanta airport terminal b. Their menu board clearly says additional nutritional info available upon request. I asked the employees and manager to see the ingredient list of a particular menu item and he shrugged his shoulders. Said they never received the ingredient list book from Wendy’s and that he does not know the ingredients of any of the items - very disturbing. Suggested I look it up on their website and those are the instructions they are given to share with customers. I stepped aside and looked up the website to see that the ingredients are not listed there either. Called customer service and the woman wrote up an entire report but STILL couldn’t give me the ingredients. Unbelievable!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Went to the Wendy’s in Oak Park Heights, MN. Waited in the drive-thru line with only 3 other cars. After about 30 minutes we got to the ordering menu and no one was there so we wait another 15 mins. I believe the cars in front of us had just left as no one was on the monitor. We give up, pull up to the window and no one was there.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Today, August 15, 2018 @ 6:51 PM. I went to the restaurant (Wendy's Restaurant #00003348) and ordered a double cheeseburger, large french fries, and a cup of water. I paid but puzzle about the total amount. I realized I had been overcharged as a cashier charged me for a cup of water as for a large Coke. I complained to the manager on duty. She showed apologized but did not seek to resolve the problem with me. She just made a full refund. This incident was not mistake but intention to charge me improperly. I believe they will do same thing with other customers. DO NOT buy anything from Wendy's until they must clean up the incident.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Visit to Wendy's, 6021 Argyle Forest Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida. Site location 00011399. Location phone number (904) 265-0823. Men's restroom had no toilet paper nor any paper towels. Fountain Service area with two soda dispensers only 1 worked. There were no straws, one ketchup dispenser was inoperable, the counter top was wet and sticky and when our order was ready we were told the establishment had no croutons for the side salad. Side salad consisted of lettuce only. The salad had no tomatoes, cabbage, or other ingredients usual to a Wendy's side salad.

While eating our meal we were constantly interrupted by a woman with a child looking for a handout as she claimed she had no money to feed her child. She would not leave us alone until I gave her $10.00. We will never return to this location ever again. The money we spent on our lunch was wasted as we threw half of our meals away. We were so uncomfortable with the entire experience we decided to count our losses and leave. This Wendy's is a disgrace to Dave and the fast food industry in general. Yuck. No, that's inaccurate. I should say yuck, yuck, yuck. If an inspection by the Health Department had been scheduled for today I'm sure the doors would have been locked and the key thrown away.

Original review: June 27, 2018

MY VERY FIRST TIME FILLING OUT A WENDY'S SURVEY! Appears Wendy's is presenting a fraud survey on the back of their Customer Receipts. # 1) It SAYS... you will talk to a live person. Oh no... Not true. No live person. # 2) They refer you to a website next. Oh no... Does not work. # 3) Once you get there and put in: the date, the time, and the store number it tells you, "We cannot do this survey based on the information you have placed on the survey." All information was verified to be correct, true, and accurate.

I called Wendy's Corporate Office and filed a complaint. They have NO ANSWERS. Once again, as customers we believe Wendy's surveys TO BE FRAUD! I told their Rep I would not be back to a Wendy's until I knew the customer survey was TRUTH AND FACT. There are other Fast Food Companies who treat the customer with BETTER RESPECT who offer a REAL SURVEY.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Wendy's Youngstown Ohio Midlothian store - DRIVE Thru workers both windows rude. Horrible customer service. Didn't repeat our order back to us, so we know that she got it correct! This company needs to train their employees better.

Original review: June 10, 2018

So we arrive at Wendy's. See guest still in the restaurant eating. Start walking towards the door and young girl rushes to the door and locks us out and walks away with a big smirk on her face. Talk about RUDE. Ok so your closing could have politely met us at the door and said, "Sorry the dining room is closed but we would be happy to help you in drive through!" I would honestly suggest going over proper customer service with your employees!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I always get good service when I come and visit Wendy's! Especially at the Location of: 7135 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90046. I just want to personally Thank all of the staff for offering me such wonderful service every time I visit such as back on Thursday, May 31, 2018! Now that's taste! That's class! That's Wendy's!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I went to Wendy's on Milton Ave. In Janesville Wisconsin this evening. When I get there, there is 2 cars in front of me in the drive-through. Realizing they were a little busy I patient await my turn to get my food. When I get to the window, I pay for my food with cc and the guy gives me my receipt and walks away. I can see clearly through their window and I see my food and drinks on the counter. I see the girl at the window is having some issues. These goes on for a lil bit. Did not one of the 5 employees I seen standing around there said anything to me like "Sorry about the wait. We're having technical issues". They didn't ask if I had been helped or nothing. Then after waiting they give my food. When I asked why I took so long to get my food when it was sitting right there, all they said was, "We was trying to figure it out." Then when I check my food it was wrong. I'm big on customer services. Wendy's in Janesville Wisconsin will no longer get my service.

Original review: May 24, 2018

May 4th went thru drive thru. Parking was totally empty. Wasn't sure they were open but there was 1 ahead of me. I ordered a chick burger combo. Asked for Sprite. Got a diet 1 plus a spicy chick burger. I didn't order after 1 drink and bite. I was sick from the spice and diet pop. I spit it out but didn't help. I sent an email 4 times and a call to owner but they don't return anything. All I wanted was what I had ordered but I guess they are too cheap and ignorant about it. Don't think I'll ever go back cause it's not the first time this has happened. After so many times is when I complain but seems I lost my $10.50 since I haven't heard a word from them on Red River Road in Thunder Bay Ontario. NEVER AGAIN. I'll go next door first. Never got a receipt and your burger is still waiting to go back to you.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Charged me for more than I ordered. I ordered a 4 for $4 meal with the jr. cheeseburger and 2 of the $0.50 frosty. The total was $8 and change which I thought was pretty high, but I didn’t think too much about it. When my order was called out, they handed me 2 of the 4 for $4 meals. The crew looked at each other and the one said “just have the other 4 for $4 on us.” I did not get a second cup for the drink that was “on them” and was not given the receipt... So I was pretty disappointed with the service tonight. Hope it doesn’t happen again or it’ll be hard to return.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I visited a Wendy’s in Atlanta GA. Flatshoals Rd. at approximately around 11:30 Thursday of May 03. I placed an order which came to $13.03. There was this long line as always, which gave me time enough to count my money because I was paying with quarters, I counted 43 quarters 2 dimes 1 nickel and 2 one dollar bills. The guy at the register counted the money and said that it wasn’t enough and gave me 27 quarters back so basically I was robbed by a Wendy’s employee and when I ask for the manager. He went and got another employee to act as such. This is the most absurd experience I’ve ever had with a restaurant in my entire life. Yea it was only 3 or 4 dollars but it was mine. I couldn’t even order my food and I will never in life visit a Wendy’s again. There’s no telling how many people there robbing but people just won’t speak up but I promise myself not to ever have that experience again because I won't ever go back.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I usually prefer to go to Wendy's when on the road and in need of a fast meal. Not anymore! Up until last week, I really didn't have any issues with Wendy's in general, and specifically the store in the Clarksville, MD area restaurant. You could say I was a loyal customer. On 4/24/18 I stopped by drive thru for lunch. I got a plain baked potato instead of fries. After I started eating the potato, I noticed something unusual. Much to my surprise, there were two (2) 1 1/2"-long insects (appeared to be cockroaches) on the potatoes skin I was eating. Yuck! I was in shock. I felt nauseous and then vomited in my car. Since I was still parked, I called number on the receipt. The store manager was extremely responsive and apologetic. She was genuine. She came and met me in the parking lot near my parked car. She immediately refunded my money and offered to provide a replacement. I declined.

Coincidentally, the area manager, Sharon **, was already visiting the restaurant. I showed both the store manager (who appeared disgusted as well) and the area manager (Sharon **) the bugs. While showing them, I became nauseous again. I went back into the store to vomited again. I was unable to take any pictures myself due to the nausea/vomiting. Sharon ** (area mgr.) stated she took pictures of the bugs and stated that they'd be identifying them. She provided me with her business card. I asked her to forward me the pictures and follow up on the identification, etc.

Since then, have vomited several more times and have been having GI issues. I reached out to the area manager and then her supervisor (D'Sandra?). They indicated that I was not going to get copies of pictures taken of the food. They also indicated that I couldn't get a copy of the incident report (sent to corporate) or the name of the restaurant owner. Both the the district and regional managers knew I had been feeling ill. I then asked D'Sandra who they reported to. He would not provide with the franchise owner's name. He did not seem to be concerned about the situation. I've since attempted to reach out to corporate several times regarding this issue.

I've since had continued nausea, vomiting when I think about the incident in addition to other symptoms. I have not heard any updates. Thus far, I'm extremely disappointed with Wendy's franchise managers, the district area managers, and corporate. Chick-fil-A which is about to open in a couple weeks on Rt 108 which is great timing. Wendy's upper manager and their franchise owners need to look at how they handle incidents like this.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I have gone to Wendy's a numerous amount of times. This visit has been one of the worst. They not only botched my order 3 times but when they finally got it right, the meal itself was sub-par to standards. The "sandwich" I bought was a spicy chicken sandwich, and let me tell you I use the term sandwich lightly. Not only was the entire thing way too greasy, It was apparent that they microwaved the whole thing. Mayonnaise and all. The lettuce was soggy, and the tomatoes were stringy, meaning that they were both stuck between my teeth after consuming. The bun itself was soggy with grease, and that is very unlike a usual spicy chicken sandwich. I mentioned that the mayonnaise was microwaved earlier; let me tell you that this was the worst mistake so far. When mayonnaise is heated it becomes less of a spread and more of a disgusting dripping off the side of the sandwich. This furthered the sogginess of the buns and it was dripping everywhere.

Let me stress; you are not supposed to microwave tomatoes, lettuce, or mayonnaise for good reason. It is also important to note that the fries that came with the meal were only filling up a quarter of the container. I have come to already expect the cheapness of fast food restaurants, but it is only usual for the fries to at least 50% or more of the container. The drink was also filled passed the standard point for ice to be filled, and the soda tasted as if they didn't change the soda syrup box for ages.

The overall experience was so subpar that I scoured the internet to find a place to write a petty review of a restaurant that I would usually cut some slack for the bad service. Honestly the service was bad, but I could get over that, but you would think they would at least make up for the bad experience with serving standard food, but no; they did not even think to give me standard food that is common for a Wendy's after the bad experience that they knew they gave their consumer. I feel cheated for my money.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I went there with my dad one night and he ordered. They got our orders wrong so badly I just hate it. I wanted a plain burger and guess what they got all of it wrong. I suggest never go to Wendy's. They are bad at customer service.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have yet to go through the drive thru in Floral Park, Jericho Turnpike where an order was correct. Tonight it was rainy plus I had my grandson (22 months) with me. I ordered a hamburger kid's meal, milk, and vanilla frosty. In addition I ordered a Dave's single sandwich, fries, 6 piece nugget and broccoli/cheese baked potato. Got home to find chicken nugget kids meal, no milk. No fries to go with the sandwich. I go to this Wendy's maybe once every couple of weeks when I'm babysitting and I'm lucky if 1 in 10 visits my order is correct. The order window does not show what's being ordered and I seldom get the receipt. This is a new (remodeled) Wendy's and I'm very disappointed that the window help isn't better.

Original review: April 3, 2018

It has happened many times through Wendy's in Nesconset HWY, Port Jefferson, NY, that I was either given the wrong food items or I was missing meals through drive through and I was realizing that when I was getting home. It is very inconvenient and annoying as you want to pick up the food after a long tiring day at work, get home and rest. Most the time store managers are reasonable, understanding and apologetic, until tonight (4/2/18) when I made a call to the store manager as 2 of my orders were missing (drive through). Store manager was so defensive, so unprofessional, and tried to devalue the issue (looks like nothing happened). When I explained that this has been happening, and store needs to root analyze the issue, she stated "this is human error and cannot be prevent or controlled." I wonder if this is how Wendy's (as a big established successful company) would do to grow its business and keep the customer satisfied?

Original review: March 28, 2018

The New Smoky Mushroom Bacon Cheesburger - This hamburg has got to be one of the worst that I ever ate. The Onion rings on it looked like they found the smallest rings. 2 didn't even cover the width of the bun (could have fit on a small child's finger) in the bottom of the fryer basket and the mushrooms left a terrible aftertaste for hours after. I normally really enjoy my burgers at Wendy's but I am afraid to ever go back. I overheard another customer complain about hers as well.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Mansfield - Staff was rude. Whole order was wrong. When I took it back they were rude. The new order they gave was still wrong, asked for condiments they gave 2. Asked for more they just looked at me. Awful customer service.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I went through the drive thru and the lady that took my order was very short and rushing me through my order. I asked for a spicy chicken sandwich combo and she says 6 mins. Instead of asking me if I would mind waiting 6 mins. I wanted the combo. She rang me up for a sandwich. I had to ask 2 times for the combo. Then she didn't ask if I would like to upgrade it which I did want to. Then she told me my total before I was done ordering. I asked for my free junior frosty. She didn't ask me what flavor I wanted. I wanted vanilla and she gave me chocolate. I'm very disappointed with my service this evening.

Original review: March 13, 2018

There's no complaint system for issues. I was faced with a purchase of their famous chili and the famous chili was unfamous due to being uncooked. The beans were still crunchy and broke off in pieces while chewing. It's unsettling the Wendy's would serve food that's not even fully cooked and then when you complain about it the staff at the locations is very rude. It's a general rule for the staff at all the Wendy's locations I've been at. In the corporate office doesn't have an effective complaint department. They don't have any concern for customer input. That type of a business I will completely avoid. There's a few others that are similar with complaints and staff at locations be careful out there. Luckily there's fast food options. There are some great fast food businesses being ran correctly. We need to choose them so that we can have them good service throughout our community place.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

This has got to be one of the worst Wendy's around. We have gone there on numerous occasions (1-2 a month on either a sat or sun evening between 6-7 pm and 100% of the time we wait for 15-25 min to either order our food or get our food. And this is with only 1-2 cars in front of us in the drive-through.) This happened just once or twice but like 10-15 times. It consistently takes forever. Then when we get home which is just a 5 min drive the fries taste old and our chicken sandwiches only have the chicken patty and bun on multiple occasions... again, not just 1 time but multiple times. When you pay $5+ dollars for a meal I would like to have more than just a patty and bun. They are consistent, I will give them that. But they are consistently bad. I will now drive to the next town to get Wendy's instead of from the Wendy's in Troy, Ohio.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I went through a drive through window at the Wendy’s on Meadowdale Blvd in North Chesterfield Va. (Asiago) Chicken sandwich was like eating rubber and the fries were in a medium size cup- Very disappointed! No Receipt was given.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Wendy's has great hamburgers, real friendly service, has the best chili, love the chicken nuggets and prices are very reasonable. I go there often. But the fries could be a little better.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Wendy's has been consistently good over the last 30 years of my life. The hamburgers are excellent, their chicken sandwiches are great, their chili and baked potatoes are wonderful. Dave Thomas did a good job of getting the Wendy's quality out there As opposed to McDonald's and Burger King.

Wendy's Company Information