3.57/5
Based on 133 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Wendy's

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

323 Wendy's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I went through a drive through window at the Wendy’s on Meadowdale Blvd in North Chesterfield Va. (Asiago) Chicken sandwich was like eating rubber and the fries were in a medium size cup- Very disappointed! No Receipt was given.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Wendy's has great hamburgers, real friendly service, has the best chili, love the chicken nuggets and prices are very reasonable. I go there often. But the fries could be a little better.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Wendy's has been consistently good over the last 30 years of my life. The hamburgers are excellent, their chicken sandwiches are great, their chili and baked potatoes are wonderful. Dave Thomas did a good job of getting the Wendy's quality out there As opposed to McDonald's and Burger King.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Wendy's is the bargain hunter's dream lunch emporium, especially for seniors on fixed income. My friends and I get the junior hamburger and free coffee for total of $1.12 each, the 12 cents being taxes. What could be sweeter?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

The restaurant is clean, as well as the bathroom. Food is good quality and they have a lot of choices. Service is acceptable, friendly and efficient. And at the drive thru, they are also courteous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wendy's?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

You are able to design your burger the way you want. With lettuce and tomato. The fries are better than other fast food restaurants and I love the Frosty's.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I recently visited two Wendy’s stores. At one store the cashier was very unpleasant, and the Frosty's I bought used sour milk. The other store had very slow and unpleasant cashiers.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I had a problem with a drink. There were 2 bugs in it but I didn't find out until I got to the bottom as I don't drink much soda and I had it in my fridge for a few days. I reported them to the health department and got my money back but they still have not resolved the issue so I will never go to another Wendy’s. This issue affects all stores. The ice is left open by the cash registers with the soda fountain above it. When I say open, I mean open. No cover or anything to protect bugs or anything getting into the ice. Most fast food restaurants will have an ice machine which is safer although not foolproof depending on the individual restaurant.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Don't care too much for Wendy's.. The food is not good at all. There's only one hamburger the jr that does not have cheese on. It can't get regular or bacon unless requested which they usually get wrong. Everything salads, wraps, chili, burgers regular, double or bacon all have cheese on them. I don't want cheese yet pay more if I don't get. It should be cheaper without cheese. Besides the cheese issue the quality of food is not good and the prices are too high. I avoid Wendy's as much as possible and only go there if I have to.

Do not like anything about Wendy's. Just about every Wendy's I have been in is not clean especially the bathrooms. They are nasty, dirty and usually there is no toilet paper. The staff is for the most part unfriendly and of no help at all. Management is a nightmare. They are the worst. The ugly girl logo is not appealing in any way. They need to get rid of it. I can't believe Wendy's has been around so long as awful as they are.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I love Wendy's because the food is always good. They have such a great variety to choose from. It is always clean & the workers are always so friendly. Just a great place to enjoy a great meal!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I love Wendy's because it's fresh, the Price is Right and it's a lot of different things to eat that satisfy them standing. It's the most freshest fast food place that I have ate at. I do appreciate when he's been eating there long time. Yummy.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I love Wendy's. No matter where I am I always order the same thing. So their customer service doesn't have to be great because they serve the Frosty & those delicious cheeseburgers.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Like all businesses today a simple "Thank you" would be nice. I find that over 90% of my shopping experiences do not include a "Thank you" at the end of the shopping experience. This includes Wendy's. I only get a "Thank you" when I say "You're welcome" as they give me my receipt or order.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I was at the Sugarloaf/Old Norcross Wendy's the other afternoon Friday about 4 o'clock. There were probably five employees and 4 people in line waiting on their order. And they could not get those four orders correct. The people waiting were incredibly angry. Meanwhile you had three separate people from the drive thru come in and their orders were incorrect also. You would have thought that somehow they just accidentally switch the drive-thru with the counter orders. But that was not the case. They just had gotten every single order wrong complete incompetence.

Meanwhile five other people for at least 20 minutes had waited in line without anybody even taking our order or say, “Excuse us. Please bear with us. We're having a bit of a problem.” Nobody even acknowledged that we were there. Three of those five people got upset and left. Me wanting a Frosty which nobody makes better than Wendy's so I was not going anywhere LOL till I had gotten my Frosty. The frosty was excellent as usual but from when I walked in until I walked out the door it took me 40 minutes. Any other Wendy's it would have been a five minute Exchange.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Went through drive through and nobody answered at 1pm and they said they open till 2. Drove around and knocked on the window. Crew Cass laughed and said, "Nobody been here in two hours. Sorry. Come back when we are open again." I'm think wtf. Who says that? Especially when it's 1am and you don't close till 2. They all thought it was funny. This is the Wendy's off Weber and i55. Never again will I ever go there again. Very sad for Wendy's. I didn't even get a chance to order.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Menu changes often and keeps it from being boring. New items are generally really tasty. It keeps an interest in going back to see what they have new and there are always a few stand-by items if you don't like the selection.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I appreciate the good food selection and I find it’s always fresh. The prices could be a bit lower but due to redhead maybe that is why the cost is higher than other chains.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I like Wendy's 4 for 4 value meal. Certainly a good deal for money. As a retired person, it is nice that I can eat out and not spend a lot. Their remodeled restaurants make it pleasant to eat there while the food is hot instead of in my car or taking it home.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

This restaurant delivers great service and its staff politely treat every customer with great respect. This store is located 25 Story Ave. Newburyport, MA 01950.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have misplaced my debit card. I know it is around somewhere. I just don't know where. This has caused me to only use pay by mobile. I saw online that Wendy's allows pay by phone. I go to walk inside and there was a “pay with mobile” badge on upper right side of door. There was a bit of a line (it was just after 1p.m.). I decided to wait since I knew (so I thought) they accepted pay mobile. It took the better part of 10 min. to get up to the lady. I gave her my order, then I went to pull my phone out. She looks at me and says, "We only accept cards and cash." I replied, "Ma'am, it says online and on the door to walk in." I think I bothered her when I said that, because she just looked at me then looked at the line behind me (it's a full line) and yells back, "Hey ****" (I don't remember the name).

The lady looks our way and says, “They don’t have it setup”. The cashier turns back to me to inform me they don't. This whole experience bothered me, because I was on a time crunch. Wendy's has it all over they accept it. The fact that no one was willing to check and see for sure even after I told them everything says they have it. I called the 1-877 number after the lady the answered was real polite. She informed me they do have it, and said she would have a manager contact me so I sat in the car for 15 min hoping I would get a call saying I could go in and use my mobile pay (once I decide I was getting Wendy's I was kinda craving it). Well nobody called me and I didn't get to eat lunch. Didn't have time to find somewhere Waldron or drive somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Re Rockingham NC Hwy 74 Dec 17 2017 around 6 30 - 7 00 pm as I got to the drive thru order speaker I have never been this appalled!! When I first got to the order speaker she yelled out something that I could not understand. When I said, "Excuse me," she said very rudely - "Just order when you're ready". I really wanted to drive off but I really like your hamburgers. The employee was loud, uncouth, didn't understand my order and as I tried to repeat it she talked over me in a disrespectful tone saying, "I got that part. Just drive on thru". Of course when I got to the pickup window the order was incorrect. I know this is a racist statement but I don't know how else to describe her but **. Whoever hired her needs to be let go too. Please replace her! On a positive note please don't stop the Carolina classic. The chili on them and the slaw are delicious. That chili is better than your soup chili.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

First of all I called immediately after my experience today and got NO callback or message. Went thru the drive thru, which is NEVER ever timely nor is the order ever right. I only ordered a baked potato with sour cream and chives and a medium Diet Coke. I got the window and the person at the window gave me zero attention and was messing around with another worker (at the time this did not bother me). I received my order and left as I had to be back at work. I opened my potato BOX to find a potato with nothing but chives. I immediately drove back thru the drive thru and talked to the girl thru the ordering system and told her there was nothing on my potato... She told me to drive around (never one time did anyone apologize).

I drove and a man opened the first window and asked me what I needed... As he realized I had NO order at the time. I said, "I just need my condiments for my potato." HE then makes me drive and WAIT at the last window where someone OTHER than the first girl, opens the window and SAYS, "UM yeah... What was it that you wanted???" I was like, "LOOK I'm on my break. I got a potato with nothing on it." He asks me again what I needed. I told him sour cream and butter and/or salt and pepper. He then gives me 3 packets of sour cream. BY now my potato is COLD.

I take the sour cream and park my car. My time on my 1/2 hr break is now down to 10 minutes. I take a sip of my soda and it's FLAT. I'm talking FLAT... AND WITH NO apologies... From 3 different people. I work for Carter's. I cannot imagine not apologizing. I apologize if people are waiting in line for one minute. YOUR employees at this Wendy's are horrible. I threw out the receipt. The Wendy's is on Route 1. Levittown, Pa. I was there approx 2:15 pm on 11/14/17.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Wendy's 3040 Gate House Plz Falls Church, VA 22042. The cashier took our order, cleaned the countertop with a rag, and then went without washing his hand or using gloves, cooked, garnished, and wrapped our sandwich as my husband and I were watching him. We walked out of the place, and promised would never go back.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I went to Wendy's location 00006745 at 613 University Avenue, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada C1E1E5 drive-thru. I ordered #8 Chicken strips (large). The order number was #**. Cashier was **. She dropped my order so called back and requested a new large fries. When I got to my destination and opened my order and I had 2 measly chicken strips. The total of my order was $11.02. To me that is a lot of money for 2 strips, a few fries and a diet Pepsi. Will be a long time before I return.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Pleasant meals and eating experience. Good and appetizing food, family place, great atmosphere and reasonable priced. Helpful employees, pleasant and willing to make good time to customers.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Wendy's cost way too much. Burgers are cheap and salads and other similar healthy foods are outrageous. Customer service is terrible and management is rude and uncalled for.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

While I really love this restaurant, I do get extremely unhappy when I order no onions, and when I bite into my burger, I get the outside of a large onion and see where the worker very sloppily removed the onion, or part of it. If I could eat onion, I would have left it on in the first place! Also, I really miss the broccoli and cheese potato. It was one of my favorites! Next! I would really like to see a bit more cheese pieces, and a little less extra green in the side and regular salads. There are almost no lettuce and almost all green! While I applaud the greens, they get a bit bitter by the mouthful.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Usually eat their great chili but have eaten other items. Usually good service and competitive prices and their value section is the best among competitors.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I enjoy going to Wendy's. The burgers are always fresh not frozen with just the right amount of seasoning. The staff is generally friendly but unfortunately, sometimes they get the order wrong.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I've been a customer there for many years and have always been satisfied with the Food, service and prices. I've never been disappointed and believe their food and service is always first rate.

Wendy's Company Information

www.wendys.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use