3.16/5

119 T.G.I. Friday's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2019

Worst experience ever at this TGI Friday's restaurant! We will NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN! If I could give zero stars I would. When I first walked in I was waiting to be seated but there was no one to seat me so I had to walk to the bar and ask for someone to seat me! The bartender acted clueless. Finally we are seated but the waitress was rude and her attitude was horrible! We were going to leave and go to another restaurant but after speaking to the manager he offered to serve us and he also asked if we would like a free appetizer. The appetizer was supposed to be on the house but when we received the check, after signing the receipt I had noticed he had charged us for the appetizers. He gave us a coupon for a free appetizer on our next purchase but that wasn't the agreement. Not to mention I gave a tip and the tip went to the server that we complained about in the first place. I felt we were mislead and deceived.

Original review: March 2, 2019

So I visited the Northampton Sixfields T.G.I. Friday's for a birthday meal of a friend. The waiter brought out our food and dropped a whole plate down my back ruining my suede jacket. A free meal for me and my friend but I am still very upset and disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

First time at the Cedar Crest one ever and it was the absolutely worst experience ever. The whole time I felt like I was being rushed to make up my mind when ordering. The waiter was rude when taking our order and replied that he was busy eating and didn’t notice his section was seated. Also when paying he brought the check prior to pay but then waited 20 minutes for him to come back to the table to take it while watching him scroll on his phone with one of his friends. Would not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Went to Madison TN Friday's. Got seated and waited 15 minutes before we finally got manager to get our drinks. Ordered chips and cheese. Finally had to ask where our chips were. Then our food if you can call it that was gross. Steak was a pile of meat. I think that's what it was, burger bun had so much butter on it. Was disgusting. Never ever going back.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This was the dirtiest place I have ever been in, I would not even order food from them. Happy hour but no bar upstairs and could not take drinks there. Bathrooms did not work in lady's. Old lady at downstairs bar was rude and inconsiderate. Have notified Corporate and NYS Dept. of Health. They should be closed. You want $15/hr. but can't do your job. They are a disgrace to the TGI Friday name. Never again and I will tell everyone also. I want my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On December 2nd approximately 1:15pm I sat at a booth in the bar waiting on a friend of mine. In passing the waitress said she'd be right with me. After waiting for about 10 minutes for her to return I finally asked the bartender for a drink. After the bartender made my drink the waitress returned with a glass of water. When she saw that I had a cocktail she turned to the bartender and rolled her eyes as if it was a problem. I explained to her that I ordered a drink from the bartender because I figured she was busy. I went on to tell her that I was waiting on someone who is always late, so I'm just going to have a drink but we'd order food once she arrived. The waitress came back to the table a few more times asking did I want to order anything. I explained to her that my friend was in a car accident up the street but would she would be coming shortly, so I ordered another drink while I was waiting.

A few minutes after my friend arrived 2 police officers came in wanting to speak with her outside in regards to her accident. Immediately it became the topic of conversation among the employees in the restaurant. I decided to get up and take a look out the door to see if everything was ok with my friend. I left both our purses at the booth, to show I wasn’t walking out on the check and I didn’t go all the way outside. The waitress sent a gentleman to me ask me to pay my tab. (By the way he was wearing plain clothes, I couldn’t even tell you if he was an employee or a customer). Not wanting to draw any more attention to the situation I said ok and went back to the booth to wait for the check. I gave her the money as soon as she brought it. My tab was $24 I left her a $10 tip.

At that point I joined my friend outside with the police who were assessing the damage to her SUV since the person who hit her took off. After the police were able to get everything they needed we decided to go back in to the restaurant to get something to eat. We went back to the booth I was originally sitting, but my friend wasn't comfortable sitting there so we went to another booth on the restaurant side. I asked both of the hostess if it was ok to sit there and they said yes and gave me menus. My previous waitress aggressively approached our table and said "this is isn't self-service, you can't sit here". Before we could even respond she stomped off.

Then another woman approached us questioning why I called her waitress a **. Immediately I questioned what waitress she was referring to and I asked that she bring her over to our table, so we could discuss it face to face. The woman claimed to be the manager from the kitchen and she wasn’t going to put her waitress through that, but she wanted to know why I said that to her. I suggested that it was possible she misunderstood the waitress and maybe she was calling me a **. I had been nothing, but nice. I too have been a server and I would never mistreat a fellow server or anyone who didn’t deserve it for that matter.

I’ve never been so humiliated and I did tell the manager that her waitress was a liar and maybe both of them should learn some customer service. I didn't understand what the problem was they weren't busy and there were plenty of available tables throughout. I think total there was 6 occupied tables in the entire restaurant. It was obvious that we were being singled out. I told the woman I would take my money elsewhere. It was clear that we were not welcome. When my friend asked for a corporate card so she could complain the so called manager gave her your card. My friend did nothing wrong. She was the victim of a hit and run. However, we were treated as if we were criminals. I truly felt attacked and discriminated against on so many levels.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I visited this location with a family member last night and while waiting for our food we saw a roach. It crawled up the wall and over to the other side. It happened so fast I didn’t have the chance to take video or picture. The waitress waited until the end of our meal as the check was paid for to ask us if we wanted a refill. I mean, is there anything else that needs to be said. Except I will NEVER visit this place again. Disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

My wife and I have been married for 39 years and early in our relationship, while we were dating and living in Boston, we frequented T.G.I. Friday's. It didn't matter which one we went to either, the food was always great and the atmosphere always fun. When our middle son was attending a school in Connecticut many years later, during visits we all went to T.G.I. Friday's, his choice.

Recently my wife and I decided to revisit the restaurant, which has become a very big chain. When we arrived for the first time, on a Saturday night, we were surprised there was no wait. We ordered and both of us were happy with our meals and the service. Several months later, wanting to go out and "catch a bite to eat" we agreed on T.G.I. Friday's. This time my wife made reservations on Open Table.

When we arrived on this Saturday night, the parking lot was not full and the restaurant had seats/tables available, it was not packed nor was there anybody in the waiting area. I ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger with fries, medium. My wife got the Chicken Quesadillas. We waited 25 minutes for our meals to arrive. Immediately my wife commented on how "skimpy" my plate looked. And it did. The burger looked as though it had been downsized and there weren't many fries to fill in the void in the over-sized plate. I felt her comment, although deserved, could have waited until after dinner...

My wife's plate on the other hand was full, no voids, and once again I believed I had been "out-ordered". I started with a fry and immediately I realized in a world full of incredibly tasty fries, these were plain and were not unlike the cheap frozen store-bought variety I pounded down as a toddler with 3 fish sticks and a dollop of Heinz Ketchup. Disappointing at a restaurant. As I watched my wife slide a fork full of her Quesadilla into her open mouth I saw her grimace in discomfort and then spit the food back onto her plate. I asked her what was wrong and she said it was horrible, that it tasted like sausage and not chicken. I asked her if it was bad and she said it tasted either raw or spoiled...

We got our waitress and explained the problem. She offered to make another plate of Quesadillas, but by that time my wife had such a bad taste in her mouth she declined the offer and asked to see the menu. I was nibbling on my burger by now and encouraging her to order whatever she wanted, telling her I'd wait for however long it took. She appreciates eating out more than I do. I'm a homebody, but she likes going out. If I wasn't married I'd probably rarely leave the house except to pick up a pizza locally.

After rereading the menu, which had been changed and made smaller than the last time we're there, she couldn't find much. She settled on the Soup of the Day, which the menu didn't name, only the waitress knew. The waitress said she would have to check to see what was available as the soup is limited. She returned with bad news, only the clam chowder was available and although I like clam chowder, the wife is not a big enough fan to make it a meal. She said she would skip the meal and just get a dessert. She fancied the Red Velvet cake with a scoop of ice cream, but asked if it contained tree nuts as she has an allergy. Friday's was one of the first restaurants to concern itself with food allergies way back when. The waitress returned and said that although the Red Velvet Cake did not contain tree nuts, it was made in a bakery that processes food containing tree nuts. My wife said "No thank you."

Before I took the last bite of my Bacon Cheeseburger, one I rated 6 out of 10, my wife was asking for the bill. We paid roughly $16 for a lousy burger and fries with a root beer and my wife did not eat anything but one bite of a "Spoiled Quesadilla" that ended up back in her plate. The waitress apologized for the bad Quesadilla, presented us with a coupon for a free dessert, courtesy of the Manager, and then wished us a Happy Thanksgiving, which at that point seemed so untimely… In the end our night out sucked. We have however added T.G.I. Friday's to the ever-growing list of restaurants we will never go to again. In fact we've changed the name of the restaurant to T.G.W.N.G.T. Friday's! (Thank God we're never going to Friday's.)

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I placed an online order for The Beyond Meat Cheeseburger and based on the description as well as the featured picture, it was supposed to come with lettuce, tomato, red onion, pickles and white cheddar, however mine DID NOT have any of these items and it smelled disgusting. Very disappointed. This burger went straight into trash.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My friend and I have frequently eaten the T.G.I. Friday's in Vero Beach, Florida. This Fridays is near the movie theater. So we sometimes eat lunch before a meeting. A server came to our table. She handed us a separate piece of paper with the specials. The special was 1499 For 2 people. We were first told that special may have expired. And she went off to ask someone about if the special was still on. She came back to our table and said everything on the menu was 1499 for two people. She took our order. We never saw her again. When we completed our meal a different server came with the bill Which we were each charged separately and each entree was over 1499. Bringing this to the service attention she said that only certain things on the menu were 1499 for 2. And went to get the special menu. And she rudely tried to explain that we were wrong.

As we are telling her that the server that took our order said that anything on the menu with 1499 for 2. The special menu. After reviewing the sheet with the specials on it we did realize that only a few things on this special menu were 1499. We explain to her the situation that we had with the previous server. She pretty much deny that the server told us that anything on the menu was the special two for 1499. We asked to see the server that had taken our order. We were told that she wasn't there. And pretty much said that we were lying about what the previous server had told us. She offered us nothing for the mistake that the first server made. She rudely informed us that we needed to pay the bill.

We asked to speak to somebody else. And was informed pretty much that there was nobody there to talk to. I sent a comment to the corporate office for T.G.I. Friday's. I got a return email from the office the corporate office Stating that the sheet that had the specials on it. We should have read more carefully. This special menu was attached to the email. Pretty much saying what the service said that we should have read it more closely. In the end of this whole deal we were not apologize to. Nothing was offered to us, maybe a discount for our meal or an apology.

I had sent back an email to this corporate gentleman. Saying I didn't believe he had not Read the whole comments that I had written. There are plenty of restaurants here in Vero Beach That are customer service oriented. Obviously T.G.I. Friday's has none of that. I also explained to the corporate gentleman to please not email me back because I know this would go nowhere. I also stated to him that I wanted no discounts. I just want to be heard. And maybe apologize to. I will never enter a T.G.I. Friday's again!!! Beware that this Corporation has no interest in pleasing the customer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I visited your store in Hanover, Md #0339 on Saturday 07/14/2018 @10:17pm. My waiter was Michelle. She was very nice but they got my food mixed up. It was so bad. I was watching how they was running around. They need the corp office to come down to provide this store with the training that is needed. If things are not better I will call the BBB to make a report.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Just got home from the TGI Friday's in Hempfield Twp Pa and will not return. Stopped for lunch with my wife. Ordered drinks that were not served for 15 min. Wife ordered appetizer with a side of onion rings as a meal. Took 20 min for our order to be taken and they were not busy. 15 min after that my wife gets her appetizer but no onion rings and no utensils. We ask for utensils and the waitress disappeared. We ended up taking utensils from another table.

They put appetizer on the table with two plates and one was dirty. I don't mean watermarks, I mean black spots that can be wiped off. My wife finished eating and we never did get my burger or the side of onion rings. I told the waitress I wanted to see a Mgr. Mgr came out and asked if there was a problem. I told him he already knew there was a problem and that I wanted a bill for my drinks and the appetizer. He said he would print one up and I responded that a real Mgr would comp the entire bill. Not returning, ever.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Went to T.G.I.FRIDAYS on E. Gunhill and Bruner in the Bronx, New York and my takeout food sat on the counter for 30 mins. Had to literally ask another waitress if the food sitting on counter was mine. Other customers who arrived 10 mins. after me were eating their food while I sat and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally got the other waitress to call manager and he sent orders back into the kitchen where they reheated the BBQ ribs only. My side orders were cold and soggy... Would not recommend this place to anyone desiring take out.

Original review: May 15, 2018

When I brought my order home I realized the coleslaw was missing. I called the restaurant at 703-931-4100 and notified the lady who answered the phone of the problem. She told me they are out of coleslaw. I then asked her why I wasn’t told at the time I submitted the online order or when I picked it up. She replied that she didn’t know; that she only gives out the orders. This is unacceptable especially for a restaurant the size of TGI Fridays. I will be posting a negative review in other sites. The TGI Friday's in question is located at 4650 King St. Alexandria, VA 22302 and my check # is ** placed on 15 May, 2018 at 6:30pm.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been buying big ribs from my local TGI Friday's near Rockville, MD for months and they are some of the best and meatiest ribs I have ever gotten. It is especially good when they are on sale for $12.99. I always get the BBQ version.

Original review: April 14, 2018

TGIFridays has been my favorite place for years, but my last 2 visits have been terribly disappointing. Last night I ordered quesadillas without onions. They came limp, soaked in oil and I got a large piece of onion in my second bite. I think I'm done with this place. No third strike!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I'm a Stripes member, and I have redeemed points before, it was a painless process. Apparently, something must have changed drastically. We used to be able to supply the account number, and that was it. Now, you have to redeem it on the mobile app and give a long verbal number code (a cumbersome and inefficient process). Well, my Jack Daniels sirloin and shrimp must not have been on the 'approved' redeemable list, because there was a problem. The manager had to come to my table and make sure I had the correct number, no problem, but what happened to the old seamless process? When they sorted it out, they ended up charging me $18.99 for my entree and crediting me $14.99 for the default sirloin and shrimp entree. The Jack Daniels version only cost $15.99 according to the menu, so something is wrong there.

They explained it by saying they couldn't credit me the $.99 for the Jack Daniels sauce, no big deal. But why did they charge me $18.99 for a $15.99 entree and only credit me $14.99 off the bill? I don't want money or anything free, this is chump change. But I want to let it be known that this is a poor way to conduct business. Changes need to be made. My wife and I are fairly loyal customers to Friday's, but this experience may force us to reconsider our dining choices. In this digital age, this kind of mistake is inexcusable and should be embarrassing to the Friday's brand name. I'm not blaming the employees. It appears that either the employees aren't trained to use the points system, or the system just isn't there. Either way, it's a corporate problem.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My husband and I went to the Friday’s at the Orange CT location. We both ordered the salmon. I started to eat and pick around the inside of my salmon and noticed that it was raw inside. Which I have a thing about not eating raw fish. I cook salmon all the time and I know how it is suppose to look inside. I don’t know what was going on in that restaurant today. March 15, 2018, but the waiter was doing a lot of apologizing to customers. Not going back there.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Service is very poor. Call in an order and was told nothing is working right now. Machine is not working. Can't place order online. Was told by manager, what kind of eating place do that, very poor quality, after told that I did not bother to order.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This company is so pitiful at so called (Customer Relations), you can only talk to someone in a foreign country and corporate is so scared to let you talk to someone at corporate, they outsource contact!!! Your so-called, Corporate Office Customer Relations is operated like corporate office. When you leave a message with operator that is as far as it goes. You can’t get ahold of and talk to no one!! Customer service is operated about like their store in Dallas near tollway!!!! If this company was interested in fixing this they would fire the head of this office!!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have visited the TGI Fridays on HWY 64 in Cordova, TN twice and both times were trash. The first time was a call in order, the steak was cold hard and inedible and the ribs were old, dry and disgusting. The second time we made the mistake of choosing to dine in. Needless to say, this experience was horrible as well. When we're FINALLY seated, we sat there 30 minutes with no waiter, water or anything. After 15 more minutes we asked to speak with a manager. After waiting for him, he appeared and of course he apologized but he looked like he was high or strung out on drugs. I don't think he even understood our complaint, he started apologizing before we could finish as it if was rehearsed. This type of behavior is unacceptable. There were employees/children all over the place talking and playing but definitely not working. I will not be returning to this or any other TGI Fridays location. I am done.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

My wife had a craving for French Onion soup. So we went to the Friday's at the Falls in Miami. Wrong move. Got there about 7:30 pm. Place basically empty... waited forever to be seated... Waited longer to get a tea and a lemonade... Ordered Onion Soup, Fried Shrimp/Mashed Potatoes and Fish & Chips. Repeated the order to the waitress to make sure she got it right. The food took even longer to arrive. But wait, NO Soup. Oh, did you want soup with that? Yes, we did. OK, Soup will be out in a few minutes but you can start with the burnt shrimp :). I send my cold fries back. The mashed potatoes had a brownish color to them. 10 minutes later she got her beloved Onion Soup. Secret Recipe. Their Onion Soup has NO onions. Guess you can't please all the people all the time. How do these people stay in business? Never again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

TGI Fridays at #2473 is very unprofessional. I tried ordering my food by phone however I was unable to describe the drink to the person taking my order. So I came inside. Once inside I was not greeted and treated very poorly. I ordered my food and my drink. The drink did not taste the same at all. I listened to the manager and she explained that possibly it may have been a different drink. I described the drink to her and she told the bartender to make it. I made sure that I told them to add boba to the drink. She didn't and when I request that she do so she got upset. Stormed into the kitchen to find the manager. That took about 10 minutes then she handed me a sloppy cup of drink.

The manager bust through the doors and said, "We don't add boba to the drink." I then had to explain again everything that I had in the drink once again. She rolled her eyes and asked another employee to charge me for the bobas. The employee came out and basically threw them in my hands. One container fell on the floor. The employee Ariel turned her back and didn't say anything to me. The manager walked past and didn't say anything to me. I was still waiting patiently to pay .49 for Boba. So after waiting for the long period of time. Ariel followed me out to the parking lot. She then told me I had to pay for the boba.

I told her that I decided that I wanted to return the food. The manager came over with a hostile attitude. She didn't apologize, try to rectify the situation or anything. She simply printed out a receipt and said that I'd receive a refund in three business days. This was very inconvenient and embarrassing. I was treated unfairly and poorly. I think that TGI Friday's should definitely look into this situation. I've only had the pleasure of dining with them twice and this will definitely be my last time. I'm not only giving TGI Friday's a bad review on google but I will also be posting this to my social media networks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have been a member of Friday's Rewards club for over 7 years, and have only recently encountered any problems. During the past 3 or 4 months, I haven't been able to redeem my rewards points because the website does not recognize my email as being linked to my points; but here's the thing. Friday's sends messages to my email address, I'm able to sign into my account using that address, and my visits/points histories are linked to that email. I have tried to work this out with their tech people repeatedly, but it is still happening. They've suggested that there is a problem with my email address, but can't tell me what that might be, and can't explain why my points history is linked to that email. Quite frustrating. Fridays' doesn't really seem interested in fixing the problem.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

They say big ribs are bigger. NOT. I’m glad they didn't say juicier because they were dry and tasted like jerky. They use to be real good. TGIFridays need to get it together on the food and not just focus on their bar drinks.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

So I ordered my food from the Friday's in Western Hills in Cincinnati, Ohio. My first order was messed up. I order a Jack Daniels steak with shrimp. They gave me no Jack Daniels sauce so I called the manager. She said she's going to remake my order. My son drove back up there the second time to get my order. This time they gave me my Jack Daniels steak but did not give me the shrimp I paid for so my son had to drive back up there third time and all the manager could tell me is, "If you want me to make the shrimp and you just eat the steak then you could do that." Like I told her gas is not free. This is our third time making his trip up here. The right thing to do was will be to reimburse me half of my money back but she refused and said she will give me all my money back so now I'm going to have to go somewhere else to eat every time I order from them. I have to make 3 trips up there just to get my food right. This is not good.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

So we went for lunch at the TGI Friday’s in the Orleans Casino. Everything was fine, the waitress was by our table a few times, brought our food, drinks, bill. I decided to pay for us using my Amex card. She was too busy to come back so we walked up the pmt. She rang it up, tried to cover the register with her body while ringing. So we talked, she asked me to sign. I read and signed. I did not authorize any additional tip, I left one in the booklet with the card. I left her copy on the counter I took mine. Upon getting home, received a text about my new balance. 00000. I had just enough for lunch and left me some till payday. I live on a tight budget, so eating out is a treat. Anyways, on the bottom of the bill you can add a tip, which the waitress helped herself and took another tip. It's not only that she got a cash tip, guess it wasn't up to her standards, so she added one. And it's not that it was only another $7, it's the principle, it's theft.

I gave her what I had, and she wanted more. What right do they have to take more? A tip is a gift, not an entitlement. Should be grateful she has a job, but to steal others’ hard earned money is disgraceful. And when going back to speak with manager, she said she can't help me, that the night manager may be able to. Then why is she a manager and why get the title and pay if you can't do the job? I spoke with Amex, they saw the double hit for pmt and will be returning my money. They were sorry, but they shouldn't be sorry, TGI Friday’s needs to be sorry and tell their staff to stop stealing. So anyone that never disputed the bill, they keep the additional tips. It's theft. It's up to the consumer, customer if they will give a tip, not for the staff to just take one because they feel like it. Theft is theft.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I went to Fridays on 541 in Burlington, New Jersey with my brother and his girlfriend. When I arrived, the hostess guided us to a table that was extremely dirty. I wouldn't let my dog eat on that table let alone a person. So my brother asked for a booth. The booth they choose to give us was still dirty and my brother and his girlfriend stood awhile so somebody can clean the table. After we got settled at the table and got our food, the person serving my food put my plate upside down. I took it as a sign of disrespect. I guess they didn't want my business there. Not once during the time we ate our food did the waitress ask if everything was OK or if we needed anything else. I was disgusted that I didn't eat all my food. This was the worst experience that I ever had in a restaurant. I guess we were the wrong ** or they just didn't like the way I looked.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I was visiting Orlando Florida for my birthday weekend and we went to Friday's. It was awesome. The customer service there is great. I wouldn't change a thing. The food was excellent. If I had to rate this restaurant it would get a hundred percent. Love y'all. Tallahassee Florida is a great Friday's too.

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information