3.29/5

123 T.G.I. Friday's Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

OVERVIEW: Great service, delicious food and a diverse menu. Overall, other than the app, the food was delicious, well prepared, presented well & in a timely manner, included elevated ingredients(⭐️), and was priced appropriately for the portions and quality(⭐️). (Portions were quite large. )The restaurant was tremendously clean, including the restrooms that were well stocked(⭐️). The staff was well-trained, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly(⭐️).

THE DETAILS: We were greeted at the door, offered a signature drink menu, & given recommendations (upon request), by our server Sarah (SHE WAS EXCELLENT). Mom had the fabulous Ultimate Blackberry Margarita made with fresh blackberries and Cuervo 1800 - that my mother claims "Is too good for college kids". As a starter, we had the Whiskey Glazed Sliders w/ fries. I don't recommend them. The patties were dry, the buns were chewy, the sauce was too sweet, and the fries were slightly under-cooked and over salted. However, I highly recommend their Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich (I had Buffalo Style) that includes avocado and white cheddar.

The chicken was cooked perfectly tho, for your reference, the buffalo sauce rates 3 of 5 on the spicy scale. Also delectable was the French Dip served on a grilled ciabatta roll. Tho I personally would have preferred the roll to have been grilled longer, it was an excellent sandwich served w/ a perfect au'jus. Onion rings were amazing. Wide cut, whole rings cooked to perfection & super crunchy. Some of the better onion rings in town thus far. My mom got a perfect side salad that was fresh and included cheese, herb croutons & *peeled* cucumbers(????) which is a rarity and quite thoughtful. A trip to the starkly black and white restroom revealed a very clean restroom with little decor. My only nick on them was an unattractive crusty build up on the rim of the garbage cans???? That was easily removed with a paper towel.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered Cajun chicken and shrimp pasta. It was watered down Alfredo from a jar. No Cajun flavor whatsoever. The shrimp were so tiny. I have ordered this in the past and was never disappointed. I believe they changed owners. My friend ordered boneless chicken strips. They were so thick with over fried breading with marble size pieces of meat on inside. We won’t be back. Also took Reubens off menu. Very sad.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Made reservations for 8:30 and didn’t get seated until 9pm. Prior to making it to the restaurant, I spoke to a employee name Justin and he ensured me everything was set up and ready for us. My family and I were seated and had to wait another 30 minutes for drinks, two waters and kids drinks but our waitress blamed it on the bar. I ordered a steak to be cooked well done but it was brought out rare. I asked the waitress could if she could have the chef to finishing cooking the steak. The steak was put into the microwave and brought back out the same. Thanks TGIF for the experience, my first and surely my last. Northlake Charlotte, NC

Original review: May 31, 2019

My friends and I met here tonight, at 8:30 to celebrate my friend’s bday. We ordered drinks and an appetizer. 30 minutes later the guy is still bringing drinks 2 at a time and everyone had water except 2 of our 11 people. We ordered food approximately 9:00, 10:30 still no food. When asking about the beer that was ordered at the beginning the waiter ELI blatantly blamed the bartender. The beer came as we were deciding to leave. It is a nonbusy Thursday night. We asked how two parties seated after us left before us and the waiter says they have a smaller party. Sounds like he either forgot to put our orders in or they kept pushing orders back.

When asking for a manager we got the runaround. Finally one manager came and as I am explaining what the issue was (still no food 11:00) the waiter rudely walks up to rebuttals everything I was stating, being very confrontational, and this further damaged my opinion of this place. We couldn’t go to any different places due to everything was closed. We end up going to Wild Wing Cafe. Overall service was horrendous. Never saw my plate and the waiter combatted my every statement. Appetizer that was ordered didn’t come out until we were walking out the door. Will be contacting corporate.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Worst experience ever at this TGI Friday's restaurant! We will NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN! If I could give zero stars I would. When I first walked in I was waiting to be seated but there was no one to seat me so I had to walk to the bar and ask for someone to seat me! The bartender acted clueless. Finally we are seated but the waitress was rude and her attitude was horrible! We were going to leave and go to another restaurant but after speaking to the manager he offered to serve us and he also asked if we would like a free appetizer. The appetizer was supposed to be on the house but when we received the check, after signing the receipt I had noticed he had charged us for the appetizers. He gave us a coupon for a free appetizer on our next purchase but that wasn't the agreement. Not to mention I gave a tip and the tip went to the server that we complained about in the first place. I felt we were mislead and deceived.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: March 2, 2019

So I visited the Northampton Sixfields T.G.I. Friday's for a birthday meal of a friend. The waiter brought out our food and dropped a whole plate down my back ruining my suede jacket. A free meal for me and my friend but I am still very upset and disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

First time at the Cedar Crest one ever and it was the absolutely worst experience ever. The whole time I felt like I was being rushed to make up my mind when ordering. The waiter was rude when taking our order and replied that he was busy eating and didn’t notice his section was seated. Also when paying he brought the check prior to pay but then waited 20 minutes for him to come back to the table to take it while watching him scroll on his phone with one of his friends. Would not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Went to Madison TN Friday's. Got seated and waited 15 minutes before we finally got manager to get our drinks. Ordered chips and cheese. Finally had to ask where our chips were. Then our food if you can call it that was gross. Steak was a pile of meat. I think that's what it was, burger bun had so much butter on it. Was disgusting. Never ever going back.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

This was the dirtiest place I have ever been in, I would not even order food from them. Happy hour but no bar upstairs and could not take drinks there. Bathrooms did not work in lady's. Old lady at downstairs bar was rude and inconsiderate. Have notified Corporate and NYS Dept. of Health. They should be closed. You want $15/hr. but can't do your job. They are a disgrace to the TGI Friday name. Never again and I will tell everyone also. I want my money back.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On December 2nd approximately 1:15pm I sat at a booth in the bar waiting on a friend of mine. In passing the waitress said she'd be right with me. After waiting for about 10 minutes for her to return I finally asked the bartender for a drink. After the bartender made my drink the waitress returned with a glass of water. When she saw that I had a cocktail she turned to the bartender and rolled her eyes as if it was a problem. I explained to her that I ordered a drink from the bartender because I figured she was busy. I went on to tell her that I was waiting on someone who is always late, so I'm just going to have a drink but we'd order food once she arrived. The waitress came back to the table a few more times asking did I want to order anything. I explained to her that my friend was in a car accident up the street but would she would be coming shortly, so I ordered another drink while I was waiting.

A few minutes after my friend arrived 2 police officers came in wanting to speak with her outside in regards to her accident. Immediately it became the topic of conversation among the employees in the restaurant. I decided to get up and take a look out the door to see if everything was ok with my friend. I left both our purses at the booth, to show I wasn’t walking out on the check and I didn’t go all the way outside. The waitress sent a gentleman to me ask me to pay my tab. (By the way he was wearing plain clothes, I couldn’t even tell you if he was an employee or a customer). Not wanting to draw any more attention to the situation I said ok and went back to the booth to wait for the check. I gave her the money as soon as she brought it. My tab was $24 I left her a $10 tip.

At that point I joined my friend outside with the police who were assessing the damage to her SUV since the person who hit her took off. After the police were able to get everything they needed we decided to go back in to the restaurant to get something to eat. We went back to the booth I was originally sitting, but my friend wasn't comfortable sitting there so we went to another booth on the restaurant side. I asked both of the hostess if it was ok to sit there and they said yes and gave me menus. My previous waitress aggressively approached our table and said "this is isn't self-service, you can't sit here". Before we could even respond she stomped off.

Then another woman approached us questioning why I called her waitress a **. Immediately I questioned what waitress she was referring to and I asked that she bring her over to our table, so we could discuss it face to face. The woman claimed to be the manager from the kitchen and she wasn’t going to put her waitress through that, but she wanted to know why I said that to her. I suggested that it was possible she misunderstood the waitress and maybe she was calling me a **. I had been nothing, but nice. I too have been a server and I would never mistreat a fellow server or anyone who didn’t deserve it for that matter.

I’ve never been so humiliated and I did tell the manager that her waitress was a liar and maybe both of them should learn some customer service. I didn't understand what the problem was they weren't busy and there were plenty of available tables throughout. I think total there was 6 occupied tables in the entire restaurant. It was obvious that we were being singled out. I told the woman I would take my money elsewhere. It was clear that we were not welcome. When my friend asked for a corporate card so she could complain the so called manager gave her your card. My friend did nothing wrong. She was the victim of a hit and run. However, we were treated as if we were criminals. I truly felt attacked and discriminated against on so many levels.

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information