T.G.I. Friday's

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We ordered online and we picked it up. When we opened up the dinner, consisted of a cold food. The little dab of Mac and cheese was cold and was about 5 spoons full. The coleslaw did not have any dressing. The ribs were not barbequed. They were not smoked, they were either cooked in an oven or boiled. And as for barbeque sauce, there was such a little bit I had to put more of my own on them. Their ad on TV is very misleading.

Today my husband, my children & I came for lunch & were appalled by the terrible service we encountered. Firstly we ordered our appetizers, drinks & the kids’ meals. When the appetizers came out we ordered our meals. The 1st mistake we ordered traditional wings & we received boneless. That was understandable given we were under the impression that we wouldn't have such horrific service later on. The wings were replaced. The children's meals came out as well as our drinks. We waited for more than thirty minutes then our server came to us with our bill. We have been to plenty of restaurants with great stature as well as chain restaurants including Fridays & we have never experienced receiving a bill before our main course has reached the table.

I found it rather offensive because we wanted dessert but felt it wasn't necessary because we were already given a bill as if we were ready to exit without being asked by our server if we were ready for it. When we did look at the bill we saw that we were charged for an Endless App however we didn't ask for that & were also charged for buffalo wings. Our food came about forty five minutes after we ordered & it was disgusting. My salad was soggy as if it had stayed out for a while & my add on steak was charred although I requested for it to be medium well.

At this point my family & I were already annoyed at the server bringing the bill & decided not to send it back but to ask for to go containers so we could leave. The server handed us 2 small Styrofoam boxes. When I finally got her attention I asked for a larger container. She told me that the restaurant was out of clear top containers. At this point furious because I saw another server handing out the same container I asked for. I went to look for the manager. Neil was no help. He made an excuse for ** before he heard me out fully or consulted with the server about my overcharge on my bill. I will never return to this location & I will also Inform my colleagues & friends to no longer visit this location either.

All I wanted was to have some great Onion Soup for lunch. Ordered through Seamless app. Couldn't wait for it to be delivered. When I got it... it was a very small portion and it tasted awful! It tasted like water and no cheese!!! Just a few pieces of soggy bread and watered down soup. My coworker specifically asked for no onions or pickles on her burger... of course they put loads on. It's sad because I really enjoyed their food. It just seemed they didn't care at all.

Bill was less than $9. I tipped $2 (more than 20 percent), but appears waitress altered tip amount, as when my credit card bill came in the mail --TGI Friday receipt did not match actual credit card charge. In fact, $18 was added to my bill (appears tip was changed from $2 to $20--). Very dishonest and disappointing! Food was fine, but what an unbelievably dishonest experience.

I went with my Fiancee to store #1875 for dinner last night and was totally embarrassed, when this Be Our Guest Certificate # ** did not work. I talk to the manager on duty and the waitress (#14 Katie) who both stated that there was no money on it and it would not go through, I have not and had not attempted to use any of the Be Our Guest Certificates sent to me. Which I am sure you can see that I just received them and have not used them. Where is the customer service at TGI Friday's.

So embarrassed. It’s bad enough that we experienced a horrible night at store #1541, the waitress stole my entire gift card amount and I had to speak with the store management and customer service 10 to 12 times about the situation and what they offered to do to correct it, only to have the Be Our Guest Certificate # ** from corporate/customer service not even work. Do you even care at all about your customers or customer service?

I think I need to post my experience on every site and all social media available. This is unheard of treatment. Will the other Be Our Guest Certificates even work. Are they good??? No one seems to care at any point from start to now. And I can't believe they are charging $7.00 for the skimpy tiny portions of brownie and ice cream on their dessert, it use to be a large brownie and large scoop of ice cream. Now it’s a rip off!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Slow service. Rude waiter. We asked for things. Never got them. He wasn't knowledgeable about anything on the menu. Food took forever and it was terrible. Asked for 3 glasses of water. Took forever and when he comes back his hands were all over the top where I drink. Not drinking that. Then we had to listen to the rude obnoxious bartenders you had working. I'm done. Don't have to worry about me ever eating or drinking at Fridays!!! And this wasn't my first bad experience. But it was my last!!!

Ordered the onion soup described and pictured as containing caramelized onions. Came as a canned broth with a hunk of bread and with melted goop. Worst ever had and overpriced. We won't be going back when the menu describes one thing and they serve you something else.

I arrived at TGIF at 12:15 pm, it took about 10 minutes to be served. Service did not improve. The waiter consistently brought one item at a time. He seemed to be unable to remember more than one thing at a time. Additionally we told him we wanted separate checks which he totally messed up. He put the whole bill on my card then asked my friend if she could pay her part to me in cash. We told him no that he needed to split the bill. He messed it up again.

Went to TGIFriday's at Union Deposit Harrisburg PA, at 2 PM on Sunday June 11. It was definitely a slow period as the restaurant was not crowded at all. Were greeted and seated promptly, server was quick and attentive with drinks. We were asked to cut into our steaks to determine doneness, which we did, but it turned out the steaks were the warmest item on the plate, with the rest lukewarm at best. Should have stopped and sent it back right then, but we were hungry and had started on the steaks. Were given a place to comment on review on the receipt and did so immediately when we got home.

Late on Wednesday had received no response, so contacted TGIF again on their website. Finally received a generic boiler plate response from Reynald ** at Guest Relations Support "we are sorry... expect better next visit etc." No answer to my where do I turn in my gift card and stripes points for cash as I have no desire or intention to dine at TGIFridays again... EVER! So strike one lukewarm meal, Strike out, no definitive response by TGIF when given a chance to step up and make amends. Finished and done with TGIFridays. TGIF. In my opinion what TGIF really stands for: That Gastrointestinal Impotent Fiasco. If you are in Harrisburg PA near Union Deposit, there are dozens of choices nearby. Texas Roadhouse, Outback Steak House are right across the street! and O'Reilly's Tap Room & Kitchen around the corner are much better options!

I went to T.G.I. Friday's with some friends the other day. I was excited, and I wanted to get some drinks because I was stressed. Well, as usual I gave my order and the waitress asked for my ID. When I gave it to her she told me that she could not accept it because it was VERTICAL. Mind you, my ID is not expired and she could have gone by my birth date. No. It was "company policy." It's a ridiculous policy and she gave me some cock and bull story to go along with her disrespect. I'm never coming back again to any of the restaurants.

Went to get a Table at T.G.I. Friday's in Altoona PA around 8 pm on a Sat evening. When arrived asked the manager for a table for 15 since family was going to meet me. Fridays was a little busy but I could see lot of tables open. However, the manager told me he could not take a party that big since it would overwork the cook, and they could not help me. Went down the road and Applebee's move some tables and took care of us. So I will never go to T.G.I. Friday's ever again in Altoona PA and I feel the manager needs to understand without customers they will have no Job.

Great waitress, very sweet. Sitting in the bar watching the game. Party of 2 both ordered $10 unlimited appetizers ($20). I ordered an iced tea $2.50. My husband ordered a drink that was $6.50. Drinks = $9.00. To go order $14.50. Total was over $78.00. WAIT WHAT!!! Each time we go here and eat in the bar we are overcharged. I went through the receipt line by line for the manager to show which items were taken off and which items I was charged twice $9 something for or $6 something for. I told him exactly what our bill should be prior to taxes and I was 100% accurate. My point is I think they do this intentionally in the bar area as some people just hand over their card or are too tipsy to look line by line. But it's wrong. CHECK YOUR RECEIPT!

This Friday's at Mondawmin Mall is terrible I mean the worst!! Im speaking from the inside out. I was an employee of this Friday's and I tell you it was nothing nice. The managers need to be managed. The GM Sabreen is the worst GM I've ever encountered. She's disrespectful and has no class. I am totally surprised this store is still in business. Any day of the week you can go there and receive the worst service ever. There's always something on the menu that they won't have. Overall working for this Friday's has left a very bad taste in my mouth. I hope and pray that everyone takes heed to this and dont go to Friday's at Mondawmin Mall. It's unclean, unkempt and the CS is a joke!!

I placed an order online for the first time with TGIF. I was given a 6:18 pickup time. I got there at about 6:30. When I arrived I waited at the "to go" area for 5 mins before someone recognized I was there. When they did, I told them I ordered online, however they were not expecting me nor were they given any receipt for me to sign. A second person showed and asked me what I ordered. He came back aft 5 mins with a bag. In the meantime I know my food is now getting cold. 10 mins my fault, another 10 on the staff. Then we look in the bag. One sandwich is missing. So now I ask for a manager. While I am waiting on the manager the guy comes back out with the sandwich. Now... I wait at least 15 more minutes for the manager. My food must be cold by now. AND the server comes out with the Au Jus that they also forgot when he brought the missing sandwich.

The manager finally comes out, no name tag. Burly Hispanic young man with a beard. I tell him why I am unhappy with the customer service and it is not the actual staff who spoke with me but the online pickup disorganization. Missing food, no receipt ready for me to sign, etc. So he goes to the computer in the back to print out a receipt. When he comes back a young lady comes with him. He shows me the paper to sign so while I sign she is talking to him asking "how does this online service work?" He starts talking to her and I have long finished signing, took 10 seconds. After some more time passes I have to ask him "Sir are you done with me now?" He says "oh yes..." But I get no remorseful apology for my inconvenience.

I have to bring to his attention, that the norm would be a heartfelt apology for my wait, my lack of good service so MAYBE I could consider going back there, even to sit down for a meal. He says he did apologize but if he did it was unforgettable at the first contact. I don't remember it at all. Don"t remember his name since he had no name tag. So I will not be going back there and will certainly not recommend if anyone asks. The location was Town East store number 2603 6:30 pm March 19, 2017. Maybe a regional manager can find out who this Manager is and train him on bettering the CS there. Oh just remembered. I ordered coleslaw with my sandwich, was given fries instead, shows clearly on the receipt. Shame on me for not checking ALL the boxes thoroughly.

Worst service. Went to TGI Fridays in Langhorne, PA on a Thursday night. It took an hour to get a table and then the drinks alone took a half hour. The food was burnt when it finally came out and not even the kids were happy about the wait. Not returning.

We went to the Milford, Ma TGIF on 12/30/2016 ordered burgers. It took over a 1/2 an to get our food. The place was not busy. The food was cold. While sitting there a table beside us got served. The server got called from the back. She yelled across the dining room - unprofessional. The place was dirty tables not cleared. We will not go back to TGIF because this happened to us at the TGIFs in Manchester, NH. Poor management from the CEO done they do not take care of problems. We won't be back ever. I'll tell my friends what happen and tell them not to waste their time going to TGIF.

On Veterans day, we (my sister, grandfather, and myself) decided to go to TGI Fridays in Mondawmin Mall in Baltimore since I would get a military discount where we were given the worst service on the planet. The bar was packed but the guests seated were really not high in volume. I believe about 3 other tables but that's it. The waiter who was taking our order seemed very unaware of what he was doing and his clothes were not clean. He told us he was a bus boy and just filling in for someone. He assured us he can also wait tables as well and not to worry. Well we never got silverware, our drinks were late. The silverware when it finally appeared to us, was very dirty. I asked for more silverware which took about 15 minutes. Our food took over an hour to be delivered to our table. It was just really bad.

The table beside us which held only one guest, was pretty disappointed since she had been there before us and still hadn't received her food. I asked for the manager but he was uninterested to talk to me. So I called corporate who listened and was in complete utter shock regarding what and how things were being handled. They gave me a $25 come back gift for the troubles. By the time the GM Sabreen ** came to my table, it was too late. I was already ending the call with corporate and our to go boxes were already coming out to us because two hours of wasted time, we had no chance to eat-in as planned.

Just to make things clear, I am pregnant and disabled so I have to keep things calm and peaceful for MY wellbeing. My sister is a nurse who was on her lunch break and was extremely late getting back to work. My grandfather was no longer hungry and needed his diaper changed. Well yesterday, 12/27/2016, we went back to TGI Fridays to use our come back $25 gift to spend some time together and eat, at this time, I am 22 weeks pregnant and very hungry for the steak they serve (they as TGIF as a whole, not just this location).

So upon arrival, me, my sister, and grandfather, we were told to wait a second so they can clean a table from this young lady host with a pony tail and glasses, ** young girl. But we instantly realized the server for that section was the Bus boy from the last experience at that location and instantly asked her in a very respectful and professional matter if we could sit in another servers section due to our last experience.

She seemed agitated but said sure but we would have to wait. Well that was no problem for us since we saw there weren't that many guests anyway and the section we wanted was quite a bit of available tables for us. So it had gone on 15 minutes and we are still waiting to be seated. We had been standing there and talking to a NEW EMPLOYEE of TGI Fridays who was on break and on his first day. He pointed out across the room that the host was telling the Bus boy waiter that we didn't want to be served by him. And we looked and saw the two of them pointing towards our way and laughing. I instantly thought that was odd. I had on the same Buddha sweater I wore on Veterans Day but it didn't seem funny to me so the new guy suggested that she was only telling him what we requested.

I was in disbelief and a little shocked so I decided that I would call corporate regarding this unfairness treatment. I called corporate and 5 more minutes had passed. I'm on the telephone giving corporate information regarding the wait time we had been given only to be seated in a different section and of course describing what was going on in front of my eyes. Next thing I know, the manager on duty (Chavis or Shavis **) comes walking out with a smile on his face stating we are now banned and were not welcomed to eat at his location anymore. I was on the phone with corporate and got this information from my sister who was at the time, talking with Chavis/Shavis **. I was shocked and instantly told corporate that the manager just banned us from the location for no apparent reason.

The gentlemen I was on the phone with seemed shocked and asked for that manager's name so I asked the guy his name. He gave me his name after I mentioned corporate wants it and he said he did not care and that they couldn't do anything to him for banning US. I asked the guy on the other line if he is hearing all of this and he stated he did. Now I am still on the line with him and he's apologizing for the experience and I let him know, We would not be coming back to this location but asked where we could use the comeback gift at and he told me, we can use it at any location. I said okay great.

He then asked me if we were told why we were being banned. I told him no so he told me to ask so he can document it. I asked my sister who was still talking to this smiling Chavis/Shavis ** in a peaceful manner if he told her why we were being banned and she said the Bus boy got offended because we wanted to be seated in another section and no longer feels comfortable with us in the building.

The guy from corporate apologized for that in shock and I knew at that time I needed to leave before the stress of the situation caused a seizure and the standing caused something to go wrong with my unborn. I was finishing the call with corporate when Sabreen ** came out from the back. My sister proceeded to talk with her. I was telling my sister not to worry about it. We don't want to eat anywhere we are not wanted due to something hazardous happening to our food. Something, healthwise, me or my grandfather could not afford. I told her corporate will handle this matter and we can use the coupon somewhere else. So we left to the location in Towson Center, MD. 7 miles away.

So today, 12/28/2016 at 11:14am I got a call from operations John at TGI Fridays who apologized for the inconvenience and wanted more information. I gave the info just as its written here. He then stated he needed to call back the GM Sabreen ** to get her details. He called me back instantly and told me that he got the reason why we were banned was because we cursed out the hostess and called her out of her name. I was a little bothered by that since It never happened. I told him that was not true and he stated well that's what he was told. But the ban has been lifted just as long as we could conduct ourselves as respectable customers. I said I have always been respectful no matter the situation or where I am at. And asked him to repeat what was said.

He then stated she and two others witnessed this "cursing the host moment" out. See what I do not like is being lied on and my character being attacked like this. I told him he should pull the cameras to see how peaceful it was where we stood the entire time. I also asked why they would lie like that. I even brought up the retaliation for telling on them on Veterans day. I then stated the best thing that could have happened was an apology. John immediately got upset and said "I already apologized." I then stated "not from you but from the manager. Not only are they lying about why they discriminated against us but they honestly believe we would come back because the ban is lifted as if that would be comfortable to eat there, a place where they don't like us."

John also stated that the manager Sabreen ** said we looked like we wanted to get hostile. I then asked him why were we judged based on how we looked? A pregnant woman, a Nurse, and an 89 year old man looked like we wanted to get hostile and fight? That makes no logical sense. I then stated that I would just be taking this a step further and getting it handled legally. The phone call from him only made things worse. My pride will not allow these people to do this to anyone else ever again. I intend on having this baby, finishing the current lawsuit I am involved in right now which is almost done and filing one against that location for the treatment to 2 disabled persons. My advice to them would be to get a great lawyer and keep the hostile behavior tapes...

An apology would have been free. But to lie and devalue my character is nothing I want to happen to anyone else. Now this will be on my mind for the rest of the day. I even have to be careful to not over stress or I will have a stress related seizure due to this drama they created. My sister called this John person and left a voicemail for him so he can hear what they were saying to her. I told her not to go to the location anymore. The treatment is clearly personal and I don't understand how those people can even be managers. I set a reminder to get this case taken care of. My due date is April 25th, 2016. The current federal lawsuit I am winning is almost over. Thank goodness. I never like to be judged or mishandled in anyway. I will take care of this the legal way. All three of us...

*For fear of retaliation, denial of service I'm posting this "Complaint" on Consumer Affairs.* So I eat at this particular Friday's everyday except Sundays. I noticed over a period of time that the manager Brooke is very rude and obnoxious... Yesterday while behind the bar attending to the cash register I politely asked Brooke why she doesn't speak to me she doesn't say hello or anything when I sit at this bar daily! A few people told me that work there she's a racist, I have no other choice but to believe this... Because she said to me and I quote: "No I don't speak to your kind", wtf!? Is that supposed to mean??? When you find out inbox me and let me know thank you... I'll be keeping and making a record of all of this so that for future reference she can't deny any service, this will lay the foundation to prove and establish the validity of everything that I'm complaining about. Thank you.

Around 1130 pm we celebrated my husband birthday with our niece and friend at Fridays #5332, 50 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne NJ 07002 with Telephone number 201.339.5904. We situated ourselves in the bar and our friend forgot his identification. **, the bar manager told us that our friend will not be allowed in the bar and if we want to stay we can dine in the dining room. I clarified with our server if we can still dine with the happy hour menu %50 discount for appetizer and she said that should not be a problem and she will informed the dining room server that we came from the bar. We ate for about an hour, the bill came to all regular prices. ** Our new server in the dining room was very professional and very approachable. We spoke to our server and said that there has been a mistake in our bill.

After a minute, ** came and said that the prices in bar doesn't apply in the dining room. I explained to him that we were promised by the server in the bar that we would be honour for the %50 discount. He disagreed and was very argumentative stating to me that the no one has the authority to make that decision. I asked if we can talk to someone else, owner perhaps. He said that TGIF is owned by TGIF. He also had the audacity to tell me that he doesn't appreciate my attitude. He never apologized and he said he was going to remove "2" items on regular prices from our bill but because of my attitude he will not do that.

I explained to him that I will never come back to TGIF. The way he handle the situation was unacceptable. I told him I don't have a problem paying the bill if I was notified in the very beginning. He was very rude, very argumentative, and doesn't have any managerial customer service skills. He was very racist and doesn't care about our customer satisfaction. Please investigate and have the appropriate corrective action.

It's been multiple trips to T.G.I. Friday's in Milford MA when I have been sick to my stomach for hours afterwards. In this occasion my wife had the same symptoms. We didn't order anything unusual, just some appetizers and Jack Daniel's dishes. We're not going back.

First impression matters. Hostess sucked. She was rude and unprofessional. Her whole demeanor was as if we were bothering her. When our table was ready she addressed us as "You two let's go." The menus were too big and the food was pricey for the selections. My wife has a seafood allergy and we alerted the waitress with our order of chicken bruschetta pasta (no fish). The waitress came back and let us know that she alerted the cook of my wife's allergy and she assured that he was gonna make it fresh. She came back 10 minutes later stating that the manager was concerned and didn't want to chance it being that the pasta was made in the same pan the fish was in. So we order burgers. After 10 more minutes the chicken bruschetta shows up with the waitress explaining that they washed the pan good and "see no fish on it." Hmm... I was fitting to send it back and get the burger but we already waited 20 minutes to eat.

As we waited for whichever food came, my wife went to use the bathroom and returned very unhappy. The bathroom was filthy with blood on the toilets, the floor was sticky and it reeked of urine. With the original order the waitress asked if we wanted bread with our meals. No bread came however it showed up on the bill. We complained about being charged for something we never got despite giving us something the manager didn't want to chance. $42 for something we didn't order. Service was terrible and food matched. Maybe because it was a Thursday night, but I guess Friday's is only good on Fridays because we could never get in. Won't be back, ever.

On Saturday, June 11, 2015 I went to TGI Friday's in Charleston, SC. I was drinking my beverage, when I realize that something hard was hurting my mouth. I spit the contents out of my mouth into my hand, only to discover it was glass. I asked for the manager to come over so I could tell him what was going on. I told the manager and gave him the pieces of glass that was in my drink. The manager offered me another drink, like everything was ok and I told him no, so he went along his merry way. The waiter came along, and I explained the same thing to him, and he too offered me another drink. I am very displease with the service and staff. There was chunks of glass in my drink, and they still served drinks to other patrons. Talk about the lack of safety for their patrons. Clearly, this establishment has no regards for safety and its patrons.

The music was so loud you could not even speak across the table. We told the waitress and she cut it down and then somebody would go cut it back up. The so called little hostess (boy) was dancing to the music. I spoke with the manager and all she said was she was sorry. I will not be back to this restaurant.

Me and my wife arrived at the restaurant and had a seat at the bar. We were greeted and served beer. The people sitting next to us were loud and obnoxious and had ordered food. The one person had his shopping bag sitting right in my face, didn't even bother to move it, which I considered great disrespect. The server said nothing, so we took our drinks and moved to a booth. Meanwhile, the restaurant manager had a baby-fit, throwing around things under the bar and creating a lot of noise. My wife said her stomach knotted up from the tension of the atmosphere. Anyways we looked over our menus and had more than enough time to decide, I'd say half an hour. We had our beers drank. The table behind us had 2 sets of people, one set leaving ten minutes after we seated ourselves and the new people that Sat down, and both were waited on. We were ignored completely so we paid for our beers and left.

I'm going to resume the whole experience saying they serve some of the orders two hours after with no napkins or silverware. Sodas the same; no straws. Brought straws when ice was melted and silverware when food was cold. When the manager came she apologized and said they were short of personnel and that's it. But tables around us came an hour later and were well served and leaved way before us. This was past Wednesday - I don't want to imagine how is on weekends. For sure any of us will come back.

Oxnard, Ca. We first got here and the noise level was unbearable, the tables dirty and no space to move. The menu very confusing and the place dirty. I went to the bathroom and found pubic hair on the toilet. The sinks and the overall cleanliness of the bathroom very unacceptable. Had to repeat myself plenty of times to the server because of the noise. For the prices of their menu I could have gone to a better place.

Dec 29, 2015 went to TGIF in Horseheads, NY. Was just before 3 pm. I asked to order the soup & salad special, was told it was too late since the order would not be rung up until after 3. I only ordered a bowl of soup. The broccoli cheddar soup was cool. When spoon was placed upright into bowl, soup came 1/3 way up the spoon, barely covering bottom of the bowl. Needless to say I left poor, hungry, & disgusted. I contacted the restaurant with no response. I now know why there were no cars in the parking lot, while neighboring restaurants were filled. I will never return. They should immediately close their doors.

I went to the location in Largo (MD) and it was my worst experience ever!! The service and the food were horrible and on top of that the worst thing happened when they charged extra money on the credit card!! We called to speak to a manager who told us he would have called us back but he never did!! I am very angry and disappointed. They need to shut this place down!! Unluckily after a month waiting to hear from the manager my husband threw the receipt away but I still felt like this situation needs someone attention.

I'm black, the greeting at the door was fantastic. I sit at the bar, 20 mins go by and the staff has yet to check on me. I get one of the servers attention, I ask her to let the bartender know I'm here even though we made eye contact more than 3 times in the last 20 mins. He then approaches me not with a smile, but with a mean look on his face. I didn't feel welcome here.

I've eaten here a few times, but last night will have been the last. I ordered the Nachos on the sampler menu as my entree. I asked for no beans or guacamole. I received 4 tortilla shaped hard shell tacos split in half topped with melted cheese, and jalapenos. On a side plate was lettuce mixed with sour cream and then a side cup of salsa. Clearly not nachos. When I asked where the beef was, my waitress told me the meat is mixed in with the refried beans so because I opted out of those I lost my meat. She never explained that when I placed my order. She was rude and probably the worst service I've ever received from a restaurant.

T.G.I. Friday's Company Profile