1.42/5
Based on 106 reviews that contain star ratings

109 T.G.I. Friday's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My friend and I have frequently eaten the T.G.I. Friday's in Vero Beach, Florida. This Fridays is near the movie theater. So we sometimes eat lunch before a meeting. A server came to our table. She handed us a separate piece of paper with the specials. The special was 1499 For 2 people. We were first told that special may have expired. And she went off to ask someone about if the special was still on. She came back to our table and said everything on the menu was 1499 for two people. She took our order. We never saw her again. When we completed our meal a different server came with the bill Which we were each charged separately and each entree was over 1499. Bringing this to the service attention she said that only certain things on the menu were 1499 for 2. And went to get the special menu. And she rudely tried to explain that we were wrong.

As we are telling her that the server that took our order said that anything on the menu with 1499 for 2. The special menu. After reviewing the sheet with the specials on it we did realize that only a few things on this special menu were 1499. We explain to her the situation that we had with the previous server. She pretty much deny that the server told us that anything on the menu was the special two for 1499. We asked to see the server that had taken our order. We were told that she wasn't there. And pretty much said that we were lying about what the previous server had told us. She offered us nothing for the mistake that the first server made. She rudely informed us that we needed to pay the bill.

We asked to speak to somebody else. And was informed pretty much that there was nobody there to talk to. I sent a comment to the corporate office for T.G.I. Friday's. I got a return email from the office the corporate office Stating that the sheet that had the specials on it. We should have read more carefully. This special menu was attached to the email. Pretty much saying what the service said that we should have read it more closely. In the end of this whole deal we were not apologize to. Nothing was offered to us, maybe a discount for our meal or an apology.

I had sent back an email to this corporate gentleman. Saying I didn't believe he had not Read the whole comments that I had written. There are plenty of restaurants here in Vero Beach That are customer service oriented. Obviously T.G.I. Friday's has none of that. I also explained to the corporate gentleman to please not email me back because I know this would go nowhere. I also stated to him that I wanted no discounts. I just want to be heard. And maybe apologize to. I will never enter a T.G.I. Friday's again!!! Beware that this Corporation has no interest in pleasing the customer.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I visited your store in Hanover, Md #0339 on Saturday 07/14/2018 @10:17pm. My waiter was Michelle. She was very nice but they got my food mixed up. It was so bad. I was watching how they was running around. They need the corp office to come down to provide this store with the training that is needed. If things are not better I will call the BBB to make a report.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Just got home from the TGI Friday's in Hempfield Twp Pa and will not return. Stopped for lunch with my wife. Ordered drinks that were not served for 15 min. Wife ordered appetizer with a side of onion rings as a meal. Took 20 min for our order to be taken and they were not busy. 15 min after that my wife gets her appetizer but no onion rings and no utensils. We ask for utensils and the waitress disappeared. We ended up taking utensils from another table.

They put appetizer on the table with two plates and one was dirty. I don't mean watermarks, I mean black spots that can be wiped off. My wife finished eating and we never did get my burger or the side of onion rings. I told the waitress I wanted to see a Mgr. Mgr came out and asked if there was a problem. I told him he already knew there was a problem and that I wanted a bill for my drinks and the appetizer. He said he would print one up and I responded that a real Mgr would comp the entire bill. Not returning, ever.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Went to T.G.I.FRIDAYS on E. Gunhill and Bruner in the Bronx, New York and my takeout food sat on the counter for 30 mins. Had to literally ask another waitress if the food sitting on counter was mine. Other customers who arrived 10 mins. after me were eating their food while I sat and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally got the other waitress to call manager and he sent orders back into the kitchen where they reheated the BBQ ribs only. My side orders were cold and soggy... Would not recommend this place to anyone desiring take out.

Original review: May 15, 2018

When I brought my order home I realized the coleslaw was missing. I called the restaurant at 703-931-4100 and notified the lady who answered the phone of the problem. She told me they are out of coleslaw. I then asked her why I wasn’t told at the time I submitted the online order or when I picked it up. She replied that she didn’t know; that she only gives out the orders. This is unacceptable especially for a restaurant the size of TGI Fridays. I will be posting a negative review in other sites. The TGI Friday's in question is located at 4650 King St. Alexandria, VA 22302 and my check # is ** placed on 15 May, 2018 at 6:30pm.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been buying big ribs from my local TGI Friday's near Rockville, MD for months and they are some of the best and meatiest ribs I have ever gotten. It is especially good when they are on sale for $12.99. I always get the BBQ version.

Original review: April 14, 2018

TGIFridays has been my favorite place for years, but my last 2 visits have been terribly disappointing. Last night I ordered quesadillas without onions. They came limp, soaked in oil and I got a large piece of onion in my second bite. I think I'm done with this place. No third strike!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I'm a Stripes member, and I have redeemed points before, it was a painless process. Apparently, something must have changed drastically. We used to be able to supply the account number, and that was it. Now, you have to redeem it on the mobile app and give a long verbal number code (a cumbersome and inefficient process). Well, my Jack Daniels sirloin and shrimp must not have been on the 'approved' redeemable list, because there was a problem. The manager had to come to my table and make sure I had the correct number, no problem, but what happened to the old seamless process? When they sorted it out, they ended up charging me $18.99 for my entree and crediting me $14.99 for the default sirloin and shrimp entree. The Jack Daniels version only cost $15.99 according to the menu, so something is wrong there.

They explained it by saying they couldn't credit me the $.99 for the Jack Daniels sauce, no big deal. But why did they charge me $18.99 for a $15.99 entree and only credit me $14.99 off the bill? I don't want money or anything free, this is chump change. But I want to let it be known that this is a poor way to conduct business. Changes need to be made. My wife and I are fairly loyal customers to Friday's, but this experience may force us to reconsider our dining choices. In this digital age, this kind of mistake is inexcusable and should be embarrassing to the Friday's brand name. I'm not blaming the employees. It appears that either the employees aren't trained to use the points system, or the system just isn't there. Either way, it's a corporate problem.

Original review: March 15, 2018

My husband and I went to the Friday’s at the Orange CT location. We both ordered the salmon. I started to eat and pick around the inside of my salmon and noticed that it was raw inside. Which I have a thing about not eating raw fish. I cook salmon all the time and I know how it is suppose to look inside. I don’t know what was going on in that restaurant today. March 15, 2018, but the waiter was doing a lot of apologizing to customers. Not going back there.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Service is very poor. Call in an order and was told nothing is working right now. Machine is not working. Can't place order online. Was told by manager, what kind of eating place do that, very poor quality, after told that I did not bother to order.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

This company is so pitiful at so called (Customer Relations), you can only talk to someone in a foreign country and corporate is so scared to let you talk to someone at corporate, they outsource contact!!! Your so-called, Corporate Office Customer Relations is operated like corporate office. When you leave a message with operator that is as far as it goes. You can’t get ahold of and talk to no one!! Customer service is operated about like their store in Dallas near tollway!!!! If this company was interested in fixing this they would fire the head of this office!!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have visited the TGI Fridays on HWY 64 in Cordova, TN twice and both times were trash. The first time was a call in order, the steak was cold hard and inedible and the ribs were old, dry and disgusting. The second time we made the mistake of choosing to dine in. Needless to say, this experience was horrible as well. When we're FINALLY seated, we sat there 30 minutes with no waiter, water or anything. After 15 more minutes we asked to speak with a manager. After waiting for him, he appeared and of course he apologized but he looked like he was high or strung out on drugs. I don't think he even understood our complaint, he started apologizing before we could finish as it if was rehearsed. This type of behavior is unacceptable. There were employees/children all over the place talking and playing but definitely not working. I will not be returning to this or any other TGI Fridays location. I am done.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

My wife had a craving for French Onion soup. So we went to the Friday's at the Falls in Miami. Wrong move. Got there about 7:30 pm. Place basically empty... waited forever to be seated... Waited longer to get a tea and a lemonade... Ordered Onion Soup, Fried Shrimp/Mashed Potatoes and Fish & Chips. Repeated the order to the waitress to make sure she got it right. The food took even longer to arrive. But wait, NO Soup. Oh, did you want soup with that? Yes, we did. OK, Soup will be out in a few minutes but you can start with the burnt shrimp :). I send my cold fries back. The mashed potatoes had a brownish color to them. 10 minutes later she got her beloved Onion Soup. Secret Recipe. Their Onion Soup has NO onions. Guess you can't please all the people all the time. How do these people stay in business? Never again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

TGI Fridays at #2473 is very unprofessional. I tried ordering my food by phone however I was unable to describe the drink to the person taking my order. So I came inside. Once inside I was not greeted and treated very poorly. I ordered my food and my drink. The drink did not taste the same at all. I listened to the manager and she explained that possibly it may have been a different drink. I described the drink to her and she told the bartender to make it. I made sure that I told them to add boba to the drink. She didn't and when I request that she do so she got upset. Stormed into the kitchen to find the manager. That took about 10 minutes then she handed me a sloppy cup of drink.

The manager bust through the doors and said, "We don't add boba to the drink." I then had to explain again everything that I had in the drink once again. She rolled her eyes and asked another employee to charge me for the bobas. The employee came out and basically threw them in my hands. One container fell on the floor. The employee Ariel turned her back and didn't say anything to me. The manager walked past and didn't say anything to me. I was still waiting patiently to pay .49 for Boba. So after waiting for the long period of time. Ariel followed me out to the parking lot. She then told me I had to pay for the boba.

I told her that I decided that I wanted to return the food. The manager came over with a hostile attitude. She didn't apologize, try to rectify the situation or anything. She simply printed out a receipt and said that I'd receive a refund in three business days. This was very inconvenient and embarrassing. I was treated unfairly and poorly. I think that TGI Friday's should definitely look into this situation. I've only had the pleasure of dining with them twice and this will definitely be my last time. I'm not only giving TGI Friday's a bad review on google but I will also be posting this to my social media networks.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have been a member of Friday's Rewards club for over 7 years, and have only recently encountered any problems. During the past 3 or 4 months, I haven't been able to redeem my rewards points because the website does not recognize my email as being linked to my points; but here's the thing. Friday's sends messages to my email address, I'm able to sign into my account using that address, and my visits/points histories are linked to that email. I have tried to work this out with their tech people repeatedly, but it is still happening. They've suggested that there is a problem with my email address, but can't tell me what that might be, and can't explain why my points history is linked to that email. Quite frustrating. Fridays' doesn't really seem interested in fixing the problem.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

They say big ribs are bigger. NOT. I’m glad they didn't say juicier because they were dry and tasted like jerky. They use to be real good. TGIFridays need to get it together on the food and not just focus on their bar drinks.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

So I ordered my food from the Friday's in Western Hills in Cincinnati, Ohio. My first order was messed up. I order a Jack Daniels steak with shrimp. They gave me no Jack Daniels sauce so I called the manager. She said she's going to remake my order. My son drove back up there the second time to get my order. This time they gave me my Jack Daniels steak but did not give me the shrimp I paid for so my son had to drive back up there third time and all the manager could tell me is, "If you want me to make the shrimp and you just eat the steak then you could do that." Like I told her gas is not free. This is our third time making his trip up here. The right thing to do was will be to reimburse me half of my money back but she refused and said she will give me all my money back so now I'm going to have to go somewhere else to eat every time I order from them. I have to make 3 trips up there just to get my food right. This is not good.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

So we went for lunch at the TGI Friday’s in the Orleans Casino. Everything was fine, the waitress was by our table a few times, brought our food, drinks, bill. I decided to pay for us using my Amex card. She was too busy to come back so we walked up the pmt. She rang it up, tried to cover the register with her body while ringing. So we talked, she asked me to sign. I read and signed. I did not authorize any additional tip, I left one in the booklet with the card. I left her copy on the counter I took mine. Upon getting home, received a text about my new balance. 00000. I had just enough for lunch and left me some till payday. I live on a tight budget, so eating out is a treat. Anyways, on the bottom of the bill you can add a tip, which the waitress helped herself and took another tip. It's not only that she got a cash tip, guess it wasn't up to her standards, so she added one. And it's not that it was only another $7, it's the principle, it's theft.

I gave her what I had, and she wanted more. What right do they have to take more? A tip is a gift, not an entitlement. Should be grateful she has a job, but to steal others’ hard earned money is disgraceful. And when going back to speak with manager, she said she can't help me, that the night manager may be able to. Then why is she a manager and why get the title and pay if you can't do the job? I spoke with Amex, they saw the double hit for pmt and will be returning my money. They were sorry, but they shouldn't be sorry, TGI Friday’s needs to be sorry and tell their staff to stop stealing. So anyone that never disputed the bill, they keep the additional tips. It's theft. It's up to the consumer, customer if they will give a tip, not for the staff to just take one because they feel like it. Theft is theft.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I went to Fridays on 541 in Burlington, New Jersey with my brother and his girlfriend. When I arrived, the hostess guided us to a table that was extremely dirty. I wouldn't let my dog eat on that table let alone a person. So my brother asked for a booth. The booth they choose to give us was still dirty and my brother and his girlfriend stood awhile so somebody can clean the table. After we got settled at the table and got our food, the person serving my food put my plate upside down. I took it as a sign of disrespect. I guess they didn't want my business there. Not once during the time we ate our food did the waitress ask if everything was OK or if we needed anything else. I was disgusted that I didn't eat all my food. This was the worst experience that I ever had in a restaurant. I guess we were the wrong ** or they just didn't like the way I looked.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I was visiting Orlando Florida for my birthday weekend and we went to Friday's. It was awesome. The customer service there is great. I wouldn't change a thing. The food was excellent. If I had to rate this restaurant it would get a hundred percent. Love y'all. Tallahassee Florida is a great Friday's too.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

This review is for the TGI Fridays in the Clarion Hotel on Fowler, Tampa, FL. My daughter and I went to grab a bite because the restaurant is close to the hospital where my husband is. I ordered a french dip and my daughter ordered ribs. The meat was rancid - we could only take a few bites. The "au jus" for the french dip smelled and tasted like sewer water. When we went to the restroom, water pipes were gurgling and feces was coming up on the floor. The smell was deplorable! Both my daughter and I got very sick. Sick to the point that I thought I needed to go downstairs to the ER where my husband is. I am so dehydrated due to the vomiting and diarrhea. I had to throw away my shoes due to the feces on them from the restroom. Don't do this to yourselves. The entire staff appeared oblivious to any of these conditions.

The Health Dept will be notified. Feces on the floor of a restaurant caused by THEIR pipes is unacceptable. At this point, my hospitalized husband is not the only one who needs to have their lives saved! Why do I know it is food poisoning? I have been poisoned before. We were fine before eating there. I haven't had a stomach virus in over 20 years! Please! Take me seriously. This is dangerous. Not to mention the risk of hepatitis which lives 28 days after being exposed to oxygen!! Oh, and other illnesses which thrive in feces. On the floor. In a restaurant. The last I heard, we aren't in a 3rd world country with flies and maggots in food. Plus, a 3rd world restaurant wouldn't charge $50 for the privilege of getting violently ill. STAY AWAY!! You'll be glad that you took my advice!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

We ordered online and we picked it up. When we opened up the dinner, consisted of a cold food. The little dab of Mac and cheese was cold and was about 5 spoons full. The coleslaw did not have any dressing. The ribs were not barbequed. They were not smoked, they were either cooked in an oven or boiled. And as for barbeque sauce, there was such a little bit I had to put more of my own on them. Their ad on TV is very misleading.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Today my husband, my children & I came for lunch & were appalled by the terrible service we encountered. Firstly we ordered our appetizers, drinks & the kids’ meals. When the appetizers came out we ordered our meals. The 1st mistake we ordered traditional wings & we received boneless. That was understandable given we were under the impression that we wouldn't have such horrific service later on. The wings were replaced. The children's meals came out as well as our drinks. We waited for more than thirty minutes then our server came to us with our bill. We have been to plenty of restaurants with great stature as well as chain restaurants including Fridays & we have never experienced receiving a bill before our main course has reached the table.

I found it rather offensive because we wanted dessert but felt it wasn't necessary because we were already given a bill as if we were ready to exit without being asked by our server if we were ready for it. When we did look at the bill we saw that we were charged for an Endless App however we didn't ask for that & were also charged for buffalo wings. Our food came about forty five minutes after we ordered & it was disgusting. My salad was soggy as if it had stayed out for a while & my add on steak was charred although I requested for it to be medium well.

At this point my family & I were already annoyed at the server bringing the bill & decided not to send it back but to ask for to go containers so we could leave. The server handed us 2 small Styrofoam boxes. When I finally got her attention I asked for a larger container. She told me that the restaurant was out of clear top containers. At this point furious because I saw another server handing out the same container I asked for. I went to look for the manager. Neil was no help. He made an excuse for ** before he heard me out fully or consulted with the server about my overcharge on my bill. I will never return to this location & I will also Inform my colleagues & friends to no longer visit this location either.

Original review: July 14, 2017

All I wanted was to have some great Onion Soup for lunch. Ordered through Seamless app. Couldn't wait for it to be delivered. When I got it... it was a very small portion and it tasted awful! It tasted like water and no cheese!!! Just a few pieces of soggy bread and watered down soup. My coworker specifically asked for no onions or pickles on her burger... of course they put loads on. It's sad because I really enjoyed their food. It just seemed they didn't care at all.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Bill was less than $9. I tipped $2 (more than 20 percent), but appears waitress altered tip amount, as when my credit card bill came in the mail --TGI Friday receipt did not match actual credit card charge. In fact, $18 was added to my bill (appears tip was changed from $2 to $20--). Very dishonest and disappointing! Food was fine, but what an unbelievably dishonest experience.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I went with my Fiancee to store #1875 for dinner last night and was totally embarrassed, when this Be Our Guest Certificate # ** did not work. I talk to the manager on duty and the waitress (#14 Katie) who both stated that there was no money on it and it would not go through, I have not and had not attempted to use any of the Be Our Guest Certificates sent to me. Which I am sure you can see that I just received them and have not used them. Where is the customer service at TGI Friday's.

So embarrassed. It’s bad enough that we experienced a horrible night at store #1541, the waitress stole my entire gift card amount and I had to speak with the store management and customer service 10 to 12 times about the situation and what they offered to do to correct it, only to have the Be Our Guest Certificate # ** from corporate/customer service not even work. Do you even care at all about your customers or customer service?

I think I need to post my experience on every site and all social media available. This is unheard of treatment. Will the other Be Our Guest Certificates even work. Are they good??? No one seems to care at any point from start to now. And I can't believe they are charging $7.00 for the skimpy tiny portions of brownie and ice cream on their dessert, it use to be a large brownie and large scoop of ice cream. Now it’s a rip off!!!

Original review: June 30, 2017

Slow service. Rude waiter. We asked for things. Never got them. He wasn't knowledgeable about anything on the menu. Food took forever and it was terrible. Asked for 3 glasses of water. Took forever and when he comes back his hands were all over the top where I drink. Not drinking that. Then we had to listen to the rude obnoxious bartenders you had working. I'm done. Don't have to worry about me ever eating or drinking at Fridays!!! And this wasn't my first bad experience. But it was my last!!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

Ordered the onion soup described and pictured as containing caramelized onions. Came as a canned broth with a hunk of bread and with melted goop. Worst ever had and overpriced. We won't be going back when the menu describes one thing and they serve you something else.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I arrived at TGIF at 12:15 pm, it took about 10 minutes to be served. Service did not improve. The waiter consistently brought one item at a time. He seemed to be unable to remember more than one thing at a time. Additionally we told him we wanted separate checks which he totally messed up. He put the whole bill on my card then asked my friend if she could pay her part to me in cash. We told him no that he needed to split the bill. He messed it up again.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Went to TGIFriday's at Union Deposit Harrisburg PA, at 2 PM on Sunday June 11. It was definitely a slow period as the restaurant was not crowded at all. Were greeted and seated promptly, server was quick and attentive with drinks. We were asked to cut into our steaks to determine doneness, which we did, but it turned out the steaks were the warmest item on the plate, with the rest lukewarm at best. Should have stopped and sent it back right then, but we were hungry and had started on the steaks. Were given a place to comment on review on the receipt and did so immediately when we got home.

Late on Wednesday had received no response, so contacted TGIF again on their website. Finally received a generic boiler plate response from Reynald ** at Guest Relations Support "we are sorry... expect better next visit etc." No answer to my where do I turn in my gift card and stripes points for cash as I have no desire or intention to dine at TGIFridays again... EVER! So strike one lukewarm meal, Strike out, no definitive response by TGIF when given a chance to step up and make amends. Finished and done with TGIFridays. TGIF. In my opinion what TGIF really stands for: That Gastrointestinal Impotent Fiasco. If you are in Harrisburg PA near Union Deposit, there are dozens of choices nearby. Texas Roadhouse, Outback Steak House are right across the street! and O'Reilly's Tap Room & Kitchen around the corner are much better options!

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information