1.44/5

653 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

The staff here have no clue how to make coffee. They always get my order wrong. When they do not know how to make a drink, they make up the excuse they ran out. Happens every single time. I am so furious that I pay for service and never get what I ordered.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The drink was completely incorrect. The drink was an entirely different product than what was ordered. It also lacked sugar when the mobile order specified in several places to add sugar. The drink also lacked fruit, even though the order called for it. Also, the drink was filled with ice when it was specified to not have ice. The only thing correct about the drink was the size, which not even this location could mess up. Overall, I would not recommend this store or return.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 11, 2019

VERY VERY BAD. I ordered Mocha from South Kensington branch today and gave very bad stomach pain. This has happened to me few times during the past few years at different Starbucks locations in London. The prices are getting more expensive which is ridiculous. Another bad thing happened at Starbucks Slough branch, I had to wait too long in a very slow moving queue of people and my order was not made as requested at the end. Employees are idiots. As usual, Starbucks Customer Service is absolute RUBBISH. Starbucks MUST BE SHUT DOWN and definitely not worth the amount of money it currently has.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My first time visiting this particular store and my last Starbucks purchase. I went to the drive thru and my debit card was pulled out of my hand along with grabbing a couple fingers. I don't know if he heard me, but I said please don't pull my card like that. Too late. While returning my card, he put it between his two fingers, like he was a card dealer in Vegas. He flipped it out the window and on to the ground. I picked my brand new card up, out of filth. If he did that in a store 5 miles east of there, he'd be fired on the spot. Multi millionaires don't put up with that. Come on people, get your caffeine fix at a convenience store down the street. I am. I work too hard for my money, and have too much respect for myself, to be treated like that.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was unaware they charge extra to change the type of milk or to put it on ice. I can see extra fee for shots of espresso but it should be stated so you know about it. Be upfront about pricing. List of on the menu.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I added money to my Starbucks rewards card two days in a row in store. It has been 3 days and I have contacted customer service several times. The customer service automated number is useless if I cannot speak to a real person. The corporate office finally gave me a person, sadly the issues is not resolved on their end. How is it possible for such bad customer service for such a huge company?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Went to the Linwood shop with my wife, ordered two cappuccinos hers. Didn't taste of hardly any coffee. Mine was supposed to be a double. Shot just tasted sour. Without doubt the worst Starbucks experience in my life. Felt sick. Didn't finish my coffee, also felt robbed and cheated. Won't ever return ever.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

SB had a streusel blueberry muffin that was perfectly good. In summer of 2018 they changed the recipe completely. The current ones have no yogurt or honey are way too sweet to the point of being gummy on top, gross actually. Three baristas have commented the same. Bring back old ones.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Let me first say this, never in my life have I ever been so humiliated, embarked, or angry. I was in the drive thru at the Fulton and El Camino Starbucks, myself and my 3 children, (my 5 year old having autism) and one of their friends in my vehicle, stopped to get my mom some coffee on our way to visit her at the hospital when my 5 year old became very agitated being that the line was long and not moving very fast. He can only be in his car seat and in the car for short periods of time before he goes into a complete panic mode, he becomes very scared and next aggressive, with that being said the arose a problem in the back seat between two of my boys which went on for seemed like forever.

Well I too have PTSD, and loud noises really freak me out...so I then got out of my car, walked to the back of the car, opened the door where my 12 year old was sitting and I yelled (not proud of it, but it happened), "What's wrong with you, you are 12. He is 5 and special, come on!!!" I then got back in the driver seat and we sat for another 5 min or so when I then see a Starbucks employee lean out the drive thru window on the phone and look right at me, only about 30 sec later a different employee does the same thing and they are both talking to the lady in the car in front of me, so I ask what is the hold up? Nothing... I then say, "Can you please pull forward so I can leave?" My son is then flipping out. Kicked me in the mouth, screaming like no other!!

But they refuse to move, my 13 year then approaches the car and asked them, "Please can you pull forward so we can exit, we don't want the coffee. We just want to go, then again the employees are telling my son they are finishing the lady's coffee, 10 more min goes by I'm literally in tears, my son is flipping out, the lady in front of me is laughing in her mirror while looking at me and talking to the employees, so I honk my horn. They all look and laugh, not only 5 min later here comes two Sac County sheriff. I could not freakin' believe this, I'm now in tears and it's about to get better!!! They have me leave the drive thru, they tell me to get out of my car, sit me on the curb away from my kids only to have two other officers interrogate. MY kids??!!!

I'm beside myself, so then they leave after realizing the phone call made by this lady and these Starbucks employees was, not accurate by any means, I'm waiting in the parking lot and I'm thinking hey I should really get their names but at this point my face is bright red, I'm sniffling from crying and didn't want to face anyone so my older boys say they would go in and get the names, when they did they were denied that information by several employees.

Now I'm really pissed, so if there is anyone out there reading this post please do not give this company that teaches their employees to treat any one human being in this manner any more money!! They have no respect for people, for disabled children or single mothers with disabled children. I will never in my life ever give this company anything ever again!! You should be ashamed of yourself, I surely am!!! The only reason for the one star is to write this post you have to put at least one, but in all fairness you don't even deserve that...

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The fact that you don’t even allow a one week grace period to use Birthday rewards now is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard and it’s not right. Starbucks is so money hungry now that you don’t even let me decide when I can go get my free coffee. What’s next? Are you going to have to use your regular rewards the day you get them after you’ve already gotten coffee that day? The way Starbucks ruins the free rewards more and more every year is making me dislike Starbucks as a company and makes me never want to go there again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I thought a global brand as Starbucks setting extremely high beverages prices would be at least concern about their reputation, quality and hygiene! Yesterday morning I decided to get the cold lemon mint drink from Starbucks branch in City Stars Mall in Cairo, Egypt. As I was drinking, my stomach started to get upset. I checked to find out living worms in my drink!!!

I felt disgusted, betrayed and took a picture. I guess a local coffee place would be more caring about the product they bring on the table for their customers. And when I confronted them, their response was merely “sorry, we promise that won't happen again”. Won't happen again? Who are they kidding, when you find out you have paid to drink a contaminated drink with bugs!!! That was my last ever drink in Starbucks! I contacted customer services and same cold response “we will take extra precautions next time”. As if they think there will be next time. They don't care about their clients' satisfaction let alone their health! I am speechless, disappointed and disgusted! Shame on you Starbucks. Fake brand!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Aside from great drinks and good food the service has to be the best I've ever had at any Starbucks store. I've been using Starbucks since 1974, all over this country and this store has the best service of any other store. I have and will always recommend visiting that store.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I came to the Starbucks on Mountain and Foothill in Upland. The store is usually clean, this time both the bathrooms needed cleaning and stocking of supplies (one had urine all over the floor). The trash bins also were overflowing. I told the barista and said he would let his supervisor know... Ok? Well 20 minutes later, still waiting for someone to go in and clean them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I'm not sure what's up with the distribution center for the Starbucks in North Carolina specifically from Concord, Salisbury, all the way up to Winston-Salem, but if you want any of your favorite sandwiches or flavors or even water you will be told they are out because the distribution doesn't Supply the stores! I'm told that since the Christmas specials starting back in November, most people couldn't get the holiday favorites because the stores didn't received supplies in all the local stores. I don't understand how you run a business when your Distribution Center can't Supply the local stores with items that people want to buy. Like pay cash and enjoy the products oh, isn't that what business is about? Serving the customer and receiving the money?

It's really discouraging because I have always been a loyal Starbucks fan. I am questioning that loyalty, seriously questioning that loyalty. I feel bad for the baristas who are trying to make excuses to the customers because they have no product to sell them. It's a tough position they're in. Shame on Starbucks as a business. If this doesn't change soon, I will get rid of my app and will no longer spend my money at a Starbucks. That includes the coffee that I make it home as well.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Went to redeem a gift certificate at the store and imagine my surprise when they said they had no decaf coffee. A coffee shop that has no decaf??? On top of it the barista was extremely rude. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Starbucks Phipps Plaza, Atlanta store demonstrates consistent poor customer service and product knowledge. Associates are mismanaged, poorly trained and exceptionally impolite. On my last visit I ordered my usual ’doppio macchiato’, instead, I received a plain doppio. The associate had no idea that expresso temperature is expected to exceed 160 degrees F. It was difficult to receive the refund on my payment, and no one offered to rectify the mistake in a manner that would alleviate the tension. NOT THE FIRST TIME! An extraordinary display of the systemic mismanagement.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My sweetheart and I went into our neighborhood Starbucks to get a coffee. We were standing waiting to be served looked at the food on display and noticed there was flies landing on the food and flying around. We pulled an employee aside and gestured towards the food and he said, "Yes we are aware and it’s just a display we are not serving any of that to the public." We were satisfied with that response and not more than 30 seconds go by and we witness a barista taking food out of the fly infested case put in oven to warm up for the public.

We are regulars here and did not want to raise too much blatant disrespect to your customers and asked the barista if she was aware that the food in the display case was not to be considered for consumption and she looked annoyed at us and we expressed concern that it was going to be served to the customer. It has definitely changed our thoughts of ever purchasing food at this location.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The manager said I stole some chocolate. I said, "No I did not, miss." She said, "Yes you did." So I say, "Write a letter of apology then I will let you search my pocket." She signs the letter. Then I let her search my pockets. She is not supposed to touch me. But she checks my pockets... nothing. So she calls me names including a ** and hands me the letter. I now have proof of employee misconduct. Manager at Starbucks Jersey City behind Newport Mall by the water. And all I wanted was a cup of coffee... My day was the worst day ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

After being given a stale bagel to eat I called customer service to be told they won’t give me my money back because I already was given a credit the other day for a incident at a different location. Be careful they don’t care if your food is old and stale. Now I have to wait for someone to call me to go thru this entire thing again to get my money back. What a joke.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I get severe HEARTBURN and INDIGESTION with 1 cup of coffee. I changed brands, no more heartburn and indigestion. Yeah. SO IF YOU GET HEARTBURN AND INDIGESTION IT COULD BE FROM THEIR COFFEE. I had to change brands.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I downloaded the Starbucks App for the first time earlier today, and I did not realize that they automatically had me choose to purchase a Starbucks Card service, and they automatically uploaded $25.00 from my debit card into the Starbucks Card account. I bought one tall size cold brew today which it cost $3.40 which leave me a total of $21.60 in remaining balance. I called later today to cancel this scam Starbucks Card service, and they will only refund me $20.00 back to my debit card.

Be aware that they will take an increment fee of $1.00 plus the changes from the remaining balance from the Starbucks Card which You had when you decided to cancel the Starbucks Card service from the app. It also takes 7-10 business days to refund back to your debit card. Note: If you want the Starbucks to refund the exact remaining balance amount from your Starbucks Card (which you never sign up for), it will take up to 3 weeks for Starbucks to write you a check and mail it to you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

PREJUDICED AND HARASSMENT BY CONSUMERS... AND STAFF - Today in the 10:00 a.m hour meeting with my best friend, Christine **, an incident occurred that should warrant me to file a police report of a sexual assault nature. This occurred at STARBUCKS on 10th/MARKET St. A young Asian kid licked his tongue at me as if I'm some kind of woman after I questioned him staring at me. Gut-sicken by this. They also had panhandlers and an "exciting crowd" causing confusion and chaos as if it was I being betted on at a race track! They also had panhandlers and an "exciting crowd" causing confusion and chaos as if it was I being betted AND WAGERED on at a race track!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I was pregnant when the violet drink Came out. I got this drink nearly every single day when I was pregnant and now I crave this drink. I’m not a coffee drinker so this drink keeps me coming back time after time!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

HALF THE TIME I DON'T GET BONUS STARS LIKE I SHOULD...And have to call Starbucks customer service. After wasting about 35 minutes each time, I might get the stars I earned. Starbucks is expensive, and purchasing the drinks required to earn rewards will quickly mount up. I've decided to blow off their stupid bonus star challenges and only go to Starbucks if and when I desperately need an espresso.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Now for the third time money loaded on Starbucks App has been used by people in other states to my unknowing until I’m ready to use my preloaded card on App and find there is NO MONEY! Each time I have to wait for Starbucks to do investigation. Sometimes it never gets done... I just have to remind Starbucks that I’m waiting for card to be reloaded!! I was told this time that new policy is to send out a new card. Ok... now I got to wait even after 3-5 days for a card to be mailed to me! Each time the incident has happened I have been told a different story. Not only do I have to call Starbucks to remind them that they don’t give me my bonus points... I have to call them to see where my money disappears!! App sucks. Starbucks sucks.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

The Montgomeryville, PA store is terrible. I tried to buy a sausage breakfast sandwich today at 11:00 AM. They were out of sausage! Sounds like poor management to me. I canceled my order and will not do business again with them.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I've been going to Starbucks for about 10 years. I don't know what's going on with these Utah stores but none of the stores make the coffees the same. I go to Clinton, Clearfield, Layton, Layton Smith's, Clinton Smith's, Riverdale, Ogden, and Farmington, I order the same thing throughout the year and the same Christmas flavor every year until they run out. More often than not the past 6 mos, my coffee tastes gross. I am paying premium price for crap. The beans are burnt with a horrible aftertaste, they don't add flavor. It tastes like milk with water, or it's not at the kid temp I order it at. Only one store has gotten the Christmas flavors right. This morning, I went to the ONLY store, 2100 South and State, SLC, that has made my Christmas flavor right and my "go to" right.

This was not a way to start a Monday morning. I ordered my Christmas flavor and they're out. :( So I ordered my "go to" and they're out of half and half. :( Ugh. There was someone behind me so I was stuck there. I ordered my drink with whole milk. I had to pay $6.00 for a drink I don't want and it tastes like crap.

STARBUCKS...GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have enjoyed Starbucks for years as well as the free wifi. Currently I am homeless and utilize the free internet Starbucks on Foothill Blvd, in Pomona California provides. Until now. Starbucks has called the police on myself and my boyfriend several times. I assumed for being in the parking lot a little too long or because our van is a bit of an eyesore with all of our things piled on top.

Today however I am shocked at the method Darlene decided to handle my being there. I make a point to ALWAYS be a customer buying coffees I cannot truly afford so that I am a paying patron and not considered some homeless wifi/restroom thief. Today was the same. Boyfriend bought a snickerdoodle grande hot choc for us both. Maybe 30 mins later Pomona police came tapping at my window asking if I was leaving and did I want to make this a thing? A thing? Really? I left so as not to make a scene or cause a possible situation involving the police to become one we see in the news.

I am angry and confused especially after contacting the employee who called the police and she refused to give me any explanation as to why police were called. When I asked her to please let me know so I can refrain from said behavior happening again she replied that I should contact the police and get a copy of the police report. And to start parking elsewhere. I believe she is implying my van. And I find it offensive Darlene!!! I will not accept this type of treatment due to my not having housing. Not cool Starbucks. Not ok.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

This STARBUCKS Location has the worst customer service out of all the locations in Palm and Beyer San Diego Ca 92154. I been Starbucks for years and now is time to say Good Bye! I noticed that employees are overwhelmed and they take it against customers. I noticed that they are unhappy stressed and I don’t want that negative experiences anymore. I’m tired of been getting wrong items and if I placed a mobile order that has been taken away by another customer or by a homeless. Starbucks needs to come up with a better plan to keep business running, customers but the most important thing is to keep employees happy and motivated in order to provide customer service and focus on their duties. I’m deleting my Starbucks app because I rather buy my espresso machine and make my own coffee from now on. I want to enjoy my coffee happier! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This company has earned its popularity by maintaining a great quality business. Starbucks holds a welcoming environment, is widely available, and serves a variety of menu options. Starbucks has a unique, modern style. Starbucks creates a place fitting to the environment, giving them a truly natural and positive vibe. Locals are most likely to feel at home at their surrounding locations. The employees at every location always fit in perfectly as well. The alternative styles and quirky personalities of Starbucks employees make for authentic coffeehouse vibes.

Each Starbucks location meets the standards every coffeehouse strives for. Starbucks is the most convenient coffee shop to find while on the go. No matter where you are you can usually find a Starbucks in less than 5 miles. Life is made easier for those who are running late but still need a pick-me-up. Not only are there individual standing shops, but Starbucks can be found in nearly every big grocery store, airports, hospitals, hotels, and food courts. Grabbing coffee while running errands or without having to leave work has never been made easier. The availability of this coffee shop is remarkable.

Starbucks keeps everyone in mind and has become so widely available over the decades that it makes it even harder to turn down such great coffee and pastries. Starbucks serves a much larger variety of food and beverages than most local coffee shops. Aside from quality coffee drinks and teas, a variety of breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and paninis are on the menu for everyone to enjoy. People come to a coffeehouse, or any place of business for that matter, for an inviting atmosphere, convenience, and variety. As the largest coffee joint in the United States, Starbucks meets these high standards and more in their coffeehouses. If someone is looking for coffee shop recommendations, wherever they are, Starbucks is the place.

Starbucks Company Information