3.62/5

665 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Aside from great drinks and good food the service has to be the best I've ever had at any Starbucks store. I've been using Starbucks since 1974, all over this country and this store has the best service of any other store. I have and will always recommend visiting that store.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I was pregnant when the violet drink Came out. I got this drink nearly every single day when I was pregnant and now I crave this drink. I’m not a coffee drinker so this drink keeps me coming back time after time!

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This company has earned its popularity by maintaining a great quality business. Starbucks holds a welcoming environment, is widely available, and serves a variety of menu options. Starbucks has a unique, modern style. Starbucks creates a place fitting to the environment, giving them a truly natural and positive vibe. Locals are most likely to feel at home at their surrounding locations. The employees at every location always fit in perfectly as well. The alternative styles and quirky personalities of Starbucks employees make for authentic coffeehouse vibes.

Each Starbucks location meets the standards every coffeehouse strives for. Starbucks is the most convenient coffee shop to find while on the go. No matter where you are you can usually find a Starbucks in less than 5 miles. Life is made easier for those who are running late but still need a pick-me-up. Not only are there individual standing shops, but Starbucks can be found in nearly every big grocery store, airports, hospitals, hotels, and food courts. Grabbing coffee while running errands or without having to leave work has never been made easier. The availability of this coffee shop is remarkable.

Starbucks keeps everyone in mind and has become so widely available over the decades that it makes it even harder to turn down such great coffee and pastries. Starbucks serves a much larger variety of food and beverages than most local coffee shops. Aside from quality coffee drinks and teas, a variety of breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and paninis are on the menu for everyone to enjoy. People come to a coffeehouse, or any place of business for that matter, for an inviting atmosphere, convenience, and variety. As the largest coffee joint in the United States, Starbucks meets these high standards and more in their coffeehouses. If someone is looking for coffee shop recommendations, wherever they are, Starbucks is the place.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Starbucks on the Ave in the U-District is a big A+ for our community. Their service, food and beverages are top of the line. I love going in there to have some coffee and sometimes food and visit with friends.

Original review: May 22, 2019

It was bad enough when your birthday reward was only good for 3 days. This year it's only 1! Everywhere else, you have around a month! It's like, they're afraid you'll ACTUALLY use it! It's just bad customer service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: May 20, 2019

I placed an order through the drive thru at Starbucks on Sandhill and Flamingo, in Las Vegas. (05/20/2019 11:06 am) The order was correct, but the problem is the person at the drive thru is handling money. She put her hand over the cup lid that I will be drinking from. I wonder if this is done on purpose, because the person before me, (**) didn't have the drink handed to them like that, out of the drive thru. I'm a person of color, and this is about the third time this has happened. I've either had to have them make me another drink, or I just threw out the lid. Also, a receipt wasn't given to me. It's unsanitary practice. With all that is going on across country with this company, I would highly recommend going to a different coffee company. Will never go to Starbucks again.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Once thought Starbucks was a smart company but not anymore. Customers are not so stupid that they don't notice the changes. Reducing the rewards program, making store environment bad enough to discourage staying (less seating and loud noise level), cuts to service, products, stores, bummed out employees, low inventory on shelves, crappy sugar drinks and food, and more. I've cut my visits by at least 50% and so have others I know. Keep it up and in time a competitor will step in and/or customers will discover other options. Sorry to see the old ways go but maybe this company has seen its day. Sold your stock. Don't believe you care about customers. Short term a "go cheap" strategy may look good but long term lost customers will drop sales. Buh bye Starbucks. You're becoming just another ordinary place that is taking more than it returns in service and product.

Original review: May 11, 2019

The service at the Fred Meyer store at 16301 SE 82nd Dr store in Clackamas, Oregon location is so abysmal and toxic I have decided to not come here anymore. The staff is angry and rude. Today they left the an ingredient out of my caramel white Mocha so it didn't taste right. I do not believe this is a mistake. Instead they cheated me in a petty act of retribution for reasons unknown to me. They may have a personal problem with me, I don't know, I am a frequent customer but even if they don't like me that is no excuse for their unprofessional and childish behavior. I am only guessing at the reasons for their rudeness but it is worse every time I come in. I am assuming it is personal but whether it is or not I doubt that I'm the only customer with a problem with them. This sort of staff problem always starts at the top with the store manager.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I haven’t had Starbucks in a LONGGG time, but the time I went today, I got a caramel frappe and when I got home, noticed it was some sort of chocolate drink. I was really craving Starbucks today... Thanks

Original review: April 30, 2019

When Starbucks changed the "rewards" to "stars", they eliminated the unlimited free purchases, now if you order more than one item, you don't get the discount on multiple purchases, as you did with the old "rewards" program, and there was no notice of any kind advising that the unlimited free purchase had been either planned or discontinued. Matter of a fact when I complained to Starbucks about this bait & switch, all I got was a bunch of mumbo jumbo double speak legalese, it appears that Starbucks MO is now screw the customer, they apparently haven't learned anything from their last two publicity failures. Buyer BEWARE, use up your star rewards as fast as you can.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Just became aware of the new rewards program that once again requires more points for the same free item. No spin will change the facts that they are again making it more difficult to achieve reward benefits. Am now having 2nd thoughts about continuing to frequent Starbucks. Between unreasonable and uncompetitive prices and now reduced rewards will probably now go elsewhere.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a Starbucks tumbler and used my Starbucks card. I put it away for summer drinks as 20 oz. of hot coffee would buzz me to bits. Last week, I went to Starbucks and had them put an iced coffee in there. This week, I made my own and I was drinking it and noticed that the cap didn't stay closed. I drank and the next thing I knew, I almost choked on a piece of plastic which fell into the tumbler. It scared the life out of me -- choking hazard -- who knew. I called Starbucks and they said the only way to return it was with a receipt (which I didn't keep since I used my Starbucks card).

No way was the man I was talking to hearing what I was saying. I asked for a supervisor and I got one that was so condescending, it sickened me. I told him I was going to post on the internet and his attitude was certainly cavalier. I don't usually do this but I am a senior citizen with walking disabilities and while I have been a customer forever, I will no longer champion this company. Keep your receipts folks -- and even better, find a more friendly customer service shop that respects their customers.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Not one good review on this page. Doesn't surprise me. I called customer service before deciding to leave one myself. They didn't help. So here I am, leaving a review. NY customer service at Starbucks I guess is no different from the ones on this page from, Denver, NC, California, PA., GA, Canada, NJ, OH, KS, VA, TN, UT, SC, WA etc.! I'm sure the rest of the 50 States are here somewhere if I kept reading. Seems like Starbucks is not only on a roll for the worst customer service nationwide but for the decision to making customers wait even longer for a bagel or muffin that you don't even want toasted, or buttered, or for that matter baked! Which seems like what they might be doing for the length of time you are actually waiting for it.

Customers are on their way to work. We all have to get to work. So for your establishment to make customers wait 10, 15, 20 'minutes' for a breakfast is just not worth it. Might as well just make breakfast at home. But that's why we go to establishments that make breakfast, so we don't have to cook or wait that long for something like a cup of 'coffee and a muffin'. Been a long time customer but not anymore. Seeing others feel the same way makes me not feel alone but definitely not cool for Starbucks. I think we would all rather get to where we are going with a smile on our face and not pissed off because of unpleasant quality of service.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Starbucks has the worst customer service in two locations in Denver. 44th and Federal and 40th and Colorado Blvd in Denver Colorado and they always get the order wrong. What I don't understand is if you're gonna want to work with people? Do it right. When you screw up an order? Own up to it. We as customers pay a lot of money for something here at Starbucks. Please get better!!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

Long time customer however, I starting noticing about their reward program/challenges etc, so I Joined in a few times, when it thought it was worth it. Anyway 2 time in one year I did complete the challenges, and they manage to steal the stars (POINTS) and I got nothing, which it's sucks because if you win something or promise something you should keep that promise and pay up! I called customer service. It was awful of course, Not help to me at all. Anyways don't trust them or believe everything they says, NOT COOL.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I am a regular customer to one of your branches, visiting the branch average 3 times a week and work from there for 6 hours average. I have notice sarcastic actions but couldn’t have something confirmed since the staff use to talk in their own languages when they make the jokes. Yesterday 25/March/2019 I was in the branch and when I ordered a salad and went back to my place he started making fun about how can an over weight person order a salad with another customer, saying, I must have ordered it by mistake and that I will be ordering a fried stuff later and kept laughing about it with his colleagues and customer. While I was leaving he started to joke that ("now he must be going to the gym after taking his salad"). Rude staff and no management to control their action.

Original review: March 20, 2019

The staff here have no clue how to make coffee. They always get my order wrong. When they do not know how to make a drink, they make up the excuse they ran out. Happens every single time. I am so furious that I pay for service and never get what I ordered.

Original review: March 18, 2019

The drink was completely incorrect. The drink was an entirely different product than what was ordered. It also lacked sugar when the mobile order specified in several places to add sugar. The drink also lacked fruit, even though the order called for it. Also, the drink was filled with ice when it was specified to not have ice. The only thing correct about the drink was the size, which not even this location could mess up. Overall, I would not recommend this store or return.

Original review: March 11, 2019

VERY VERY BAD. I ordered Mocha from South Kensington branch today and gave very bad stomach pain. This has happened to me few times during the past few years at different Starbucks locations in London. The prices are getting more expensive which is ridiculous. Another bad thing happened at Starbucks Slough branch, I had to wait too long in a very slow moving queue of people and my order was not made as requested at the end. Employees are idiots. As usual, Starbucks Customer Service is absolute RUBBISH. Starbucks MUST BE SHUT DOWN and definitely not worth the amount of money it currently has.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My first time visiting this particular store and my last Starbucks purchase. I went to the drive thru and my debit card was pulled out of my hand along with grabbing a couple fingers. I don't know if he heard me, but I said please don't pull my card like that. Too late. While returning my card, he put it between his two fingers, like he was a card dealer in Vegas. He flipped it out the window and on to the ground. I picked my brand new card up, out of filth. If he did that in a store 5 miles east of there, he'd be fired on the spot. Multi millionaires don't put up with that. Come on people, get your caffeine fix at a convenience store down the street. I am. I work too hard for my money, and have too much respect for myself, to be treated like that.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was unaware they charge extra to change the type of milk or to put it on ice. I can see extra fee for shots of espresso but it should be stated so you know about it. Be upfront about pricing. List of on the menu.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I added money to my Starbucks rewards card two days in a row in store. It has been 3 days and I have contacted customer service several times. The customer service automated number is useless if I cannot speak to a real person. The corporate office finally gave me a person, sadly the issues is not resolved on their end. How is it possible for such bad customer service for such a huge company?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Went to the Linwood shop with my wife, ordered two cappuccinos hers. Didn't taste of hardly any coffee. Mine was supposed to be a double. Shot just tasted sour. Without doubt the worst Starbucks experience in my life. Felt sick. Didn't finish my coffee, also felt robbed and cheated. Won't ever return ever.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

SB had a streusel blueberry muffin that was perfectly good. In summer of 2018 they changed the recipe completely. The current ones have no yogurt or honey are way too sweet to the point of being gummy on top, gross actually. Three baristas have commented the same. Bring back old ones.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Let me first say this, never in my life have I ever been so humiliated, embarked, or angry. I was in the drive thru at the Fulton and El Camino Starbucks, myself and my 3 children, (my 5 year old having autism) and one of their friends in my vehicle, stopped to get my mom some coffee on our way to visit her at the hospital when my 5 year old became very agitated being that the line was long and not moving very fast. He can only be in his car seat and in the car for short periods of time before he goes into a complete panic mode, he becomes very scared and next aggressive, with that being said the arose a problem in the back seat between two of my boys which went on for seemed like forever.

Well I too have PTSD, and loud noises really freak me out...so I then got out of my car, walked to the back of the car, opened the door where my 12 year old was sitting and I yelled (not proud of it, but it happened), "What's wrong with you, you are 12. He is 5 and special, come on!!!" I then got back in the driver seat and we sat for another 5 min or so when I then see a Starbucks employee lean out the drive thru window on the phone and look right at me, only about 30 sec later a different employee does the same thing and they are both talking to the lady in the car in front of me, so I ask what is the hold up? Nothing... I then say, "Can you please pull forward so I can leave?" My son is then flipping out. Kicked me in the mouth, screaming like no other!!

But they refuse to move, my 13 year then approaches the car and asked them, "Please can you pull forward so we can exit, we don't want the coffee. We just want to go, then again the employees are telling my son they are finishing the lady's coffee, 10 more min goes by I'm literally in tears, my son is flipping out, the lady in front of me is laughing in her mirror while looking at me and talking to the employees, so I honk my horn. They all look and laugh, not only 5 min later here comes two Sac County sheriff. I could not freakin' believe this, I'm now in tears and it's about to get better!!! They have me leave the drive thru, they tell me to get out of my car, sit me on the curb away from my kids only to have two other officers interrogate. MY kids??!!!

I'm beside myself, so then they leave after realizing the phone call made by this lady and these Starbucks employees was, not accurate by any means, I'm waiting in the parking lot and I'm thinking hey I should really get their names but at this point my face is bright red, I'm sniffling from crying and didn't want to face anyone so my older boys say they would go in and get the names, when they did they were denied that information by several employees.

Now I'm really pissed, so if there is anyone out there reading this post please do not give this company that teaches their employees to treat any one human being in this manner any more money!! They have no respect for people, for disabled children or single mothers with disabled children. I will never in my life ever give this company anything ever again!! You should be ashamed of yourself, I surely am!!! The only reason for the one star is to write this post you have to put at least one, but in all fairness you don't even deserve that...

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The fact that you don’t even allow a one week grace period to use Birthday rewards now is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard and it’s not right. Starbucks is so money hungry now that you don’t even let me decide when I can go get my free coffee. What’s next? Are you going to have to use your regular rewards the day you get them after you’ve already gotten coffee that day? The way Starbucks ruins the free rewards more and more every year is making me dislike Starbucks as a company and makes me never want to go there again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I thought a global brand as Starbucks setting extremely high beverages prices would be at least concern about their reputation, quality and hygiene! Yesterday morning I decided to get the cold lemon mint drink from Starbucks branch in City Stars Mall in Cairo, Egypt. As I was drinking, my stomach started to get upset. I checked to find out living worms in my drink!!!

I felt disgusted, betrayed and took a picture. I guess a local coffee place would be more caring about the product they bring on the table for their customers. And when I confronted them, their response was merely “sorry, we promise that won't happen again”. Won't happen again? Who are they kidding, when you find out you have paid to drink a contaminated drink with bugs!!! That was my last ever drink in Starbucks! I contacted customer services and same cold response “we will take extra precautions next time”. As if they think there will be next time. They don't care about their clients' satisfaction let alone their health! I am speechless, disappointed and disgusted! Shame on you Starbucks. Fake brand!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I came to the Starbucks on Mountain and Foothill in Upland. The store is usually clean, this time both the bathrooms needed cleaning and stocking of supplies (one had urine all over the floor). The trash bins also were overflowing. I told the barista and said he would let his supervisor know... Ok? Well 20 minutes later, still waiting for someone to go in and clean them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I'm not sure what's up with the distribution center for the Starbucks in North Carolina specifically from Concord, Salisbury, all the way up to Winston-Salem, but if you want any of your favorite sandwiches or flavors or even water you will be told they are out because the distribution doesn't Supply the stores! I'm told that since the Christmas specials starting back in November, most people couldn't get the holiday favorites because the stores didn't received supplies in all the local stores. I don't understand how you run a business when your Distribution Center can't Supply the local stores with items that people want to buy. Like pay cash and enjoy the products oh, isn't that what business is about? Serving the customer and receiving the money?

It's really discouraging because I have always been a loyal Starbucks fan. I am questioning that loyalty, seriously questioning that loyalty. I feel bad for the baristas who are trying to make excuses to the customers because they have no product to sell them. It's a tough position they're in. Shame on Starbucks as a business. If this doesn't change soon, I will get rid of my app and will no longer spend my money at a Starbucks. That includes the coffee that I make it home as well.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Went to redeem a gift certificate at the store and imagine my surprise when they said they had no decaf coffee. A coffee shop that has no decaf??? On top of it the barista was extremely rude. Never again.

Starbucks Company Information