2.09/5

624 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This company has earned its popularity by maintaining a great quality business. Starbucks holds a welcoming environment, is widely available, and serves a variety of menu options. Starbucks has a unique, modern style. Starbucks creates a place fitting to the environment, giving them a truly natural and positive vibe. Locals are most likely to feel at home at their surrounding locations. The employees at every location always fit in perfectly as well. The alternative styles and quirky personalities of Starbucks employees make for authentic coffeehouse vibes.

Each Starbucks location meets the standards every coffeehouse strives for. Starbucks is the most convenient coffee shop to find while on the go. No matter where you are you can usually find a Starbucks in less than 5 miles. Life is made easier for those who are running late but still need a pick-me-up. Not only are there individual standing shops, but Starbucks can be found in nearly every big grocery store, airports, hospitals, hotels, and food courts. Grabbing coffee while running errands or without having to leave work has never been made easier. The availability of this coffee shop is remarkable.

Starbucks keeps everyone in mind and has become so widely available over the decades that it makes it even harder to turn down such great coffee and pastries. Starbucks serves a much larger variety of food and beverages than most local coffee shops. Aside from quality coffee drinks and teas, a variety of breakfast sandwiches, pastries, and paninis are on the menu for everyone to enjoy. People come to a coffeehouse, or any place of business for that matter, for an inviting atmosphere, convenience, and variety. As the largest coffee joint in the United States, Starbucks meets these high standards and more in their coffeehouses. If someone is looking for coffee shop recommendations, wherever they are, Starbucks is the place.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Won't be back. Never again. Have always got a baby Chino for my grandson. Asked for one this morning to be given a miniature cup with about a spoonful of milk. The rest was foam. Asked if I could get the cup topped up to then be charged £1.80 for a wee drop milk. Staff very unfriendly. Asked if I could get fruit toast for my grandson and if the pieces could not be end pieces as they are too hard for him to chew. What did we get? End pieces. So the toast didn't get eaten because it was too hard for him to chew. Back to Costa for me.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I went to our new Starbucks the other day. My first time as I usually go to Dutch Brothers. A friend asked me to meet her there her first time too. I wonder why you still ask people's names when you can't get it right. Why don't you just give us a number? Well they called the wrong name. Then let them sit on the counter untill we got impatient. When I went to investigate I found two cups sitting there. I want to also say there was only three people in the restaurant. And we sat directly in front of the cashier, so she could see that we were sitting there DRINKLESS for an unusually long time.

I asked. "Are these ours?" She said the name, which sorta sounded like my friend's name. When I said "Helen?" She, said "Oh, yeah those are yours" but of course. There was no one else waiting! The cozy was covering up the sticker on the side. Which I had never seen before. So I had to ask which one was which. By now they all could tell I was NOT having a good experience. I took them back to my seat... And with the first sip. I realized they were now COLD... well lukewarm. Certainly not hot.

No apology. Didn't ask if they could remake them. I have worked in customer service for a very long time. I trained customer service at Safeway for 23 years. You guys in paradise just lost 2 potential customers. And I have told everyone I know on Facebook. This is a small town. You won't be able to treat people like that for long. You will find me at Dutch Brothers where the hot coffee is super hot.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

DO NOT drink at STARBUCKS St. Leonards, Ringwood, I was fined £100 for parking there for 105 mins because they were slow serving drinks and lunch. My friend and I met there for coffee and lunch, as we often used to do, BUT NO MORE. We were encouraged to stay longer and have another drink only to be fined for overstaying the car parking by 15 mins. YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO STAY FOR more than 90mins and that is out of the car park within 90 mins. I visited the store and they said appeal the fine, I did this, the parking company refused the appeal as they only care about getting money and just threatened me with charging more and taking me to court. DO NOT go to Starbucks. You are ONLY ALLOWED to stay in the cafe for less than 90 min or they FINE YOU £100.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Our 15 years old daughter had a green matcha drink at the Starbucks in Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas and got sick after drinking it. She asked for her drink to be made with coconut milk since she is highly lactose intolerance. After finishing her drink she starts complaining from a terrible stomach ache, she threw up almost 17 times and went to the bathroom numerous times within 45 minutes. That drink was the only and 1st thing she had consumed that day. After the intensive episodes of throwing up she turned pale, her lips were blue and she was freezing cold shaking screaming from her abdominal pain. She said that it feels like a food poisoning episode or maybe they have put milk in her drink instead of the coconut milk. The music was so loud in the hotel that there's no way probably the and please will hear the order correctly. For something was wrong with the drink that she had food poisoning.

My husband and I took her to an urgent care to perform an IV right away since we didn't know where to go in Las Vegas. At the urgent care, the doctor asked the nurses to perform an IV on her right away. The nurses tried taking her temperature and told the dr. that the thermometer won't register her temperature because she was freezing cold. The dr asked them to call an ambulance right away. She got transferred to the children hospital in Las Vegas. Her blood sugar started dropping in the ambulance and paramedics had her suck on sugar gel from a tube to help her feel better. The doctors performed all tests needed and found nothing. No infections and no other issues. We got dismissed from the hospital at night at 9:00 p.m. after a long day of trying to ease her pain, re-hydrate her and fix her sugar level.

Starbucks said that this particular store is owned by Caesar entertainment. We filed a claim due to the pain and trouble our 15 year old had to go through during her Dance Nationals Competition which she worked for all year long. And we filed a claim due to high bills that we feel that it is not far for us to pay. Caesar entertainment declined our claim. Starbucks is saying that that store is managed by Caesar entertainment. Basically, NO ONE CARES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Recently, I have noticed that there are new Blueberry Muffins at Starbucks stores. These muffins are gross... Sorry to be so blunt but I really enjoyed the old ones with the delicious crumble top. The new ones honestly taste cheap and the tops have big pieces of sugar on them, which taste awful. My favorite part of these muffins were the tops and these new ones just don't work. Thought Starbucks was company that valued high quality products and they've really dropped the ball on this.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My daughter and I went to our local Starbucks #9626, at 3202 Governor Drive, San Diego, CA, at 12:20 noon today. There was no one in line. Several people were sitting at the tables. The employee at the cash register was a woman who repeated over and over that she is in her fifties (years old). She was extremely loud and rude to us in front of all the many other customers. I asked her for two cold matcha lattes, no ice. She said our drinks would be this far from the top of the cup and she held her fingers up to show about a couple inches. I asked her why. She said in a very loud annoyed tone, “because the ice makes up part of the drink and if you have no ice, then that’s how much less drink you get.” Then she said, in a very annoyed loud tone again, “otherwise you have to get more milk and I have to charge you more for that.”

Then she started repeating these remarks loudly over and over again. I said, “Please don’t be mad.” She said loudly, “I’m not mad! I’m just explaining to you!” Then she continued to repeat herself loudly again. I again asked her to not be mad. This continued. I looked at a man/customer that had come in behind me and he and I were looking at each other like she was out of control of herself. At 12:23 noon, I paid for our lattes and a flatbread. I asked the cashier why my bill was $16.05 for just two drinks. She angrily pointed at my daughter and said, “Because she put this in there!” And she put my daughter’s flatbread in the microwave and slammed it. I said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t know she put that on the counter.” The cashier was yelling at me so much, I didn’t see, and my daughter didn’t say anything because she was afraid of the cashier yelling at us.

Then, the other employee made our drinks wrong. She made them absolutely full of ice. I saw that the cashier had not put on the label that we wanted no ice. My daughter said, "Let's not complain because they’ll yell at us more." Then as we were sitting drinking our lattes full of ice, we heard the cashier get mad at another customer and tell her co-worker, “Every ** day!” After my daughter went to the car, I told the cashier she should never to be rude like that to customers. I was not yelling. She said, “Don’t yell at me." I said, "Like you did when I put in my order?"

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I very rarely drink coffee so I'm very particular. I only order two things from Starbucks, hot chocolate when it's cold or a double chocolate chip frappuccino. I have been ordering this same thing for years but the last 3 times my frappuccino has been wrong and each time they have told me something different. First time I politely went inside and told them that I didn't like my drink...guy apologized said he accidentally made a Java chip frappuccino and made me the right drink (my drink is actually a lighter color than the wrong one). Second time, same store, again I don't like my drink I'm polite but this time I'm told they accidentally used roasted coffee making the drink stronger... He remakes it again it's a lighter color and everything is fine.

Just a few days ago different store, again my drink is wrong... I'm less polite this time and ask how he made it, he says there is no coffee in this drink and Starbucks may have changed the mocha recipe. He never offers to remake it or give me a refund even after I throw the expensive drink in the trash. This is quite upsetting to me bc I have given them several chances, I will not be wasting my money there anymore and I have told others about my experience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Between July 31, 2018 & Aug. 3, 2018, ordering MANY tall lattes for the current Starbucks Dash promotion. Out of 7 tall no foam lattes ordered in the drive-thru, received 4 with foam & had to send 3 back. Got home & saw 4th one had foam and the coffee was 1" from the top of the cup. Have repeatedly sent email complaints to SB about this happening at this store for months prior, and occasionally get a free latte or a couple of dollars credit. Offending SB store: West Bakerview Avenue, Bellingham, WA. The last 4 wrong latte orders were fixed by the same blond, pony-tailed late 20's girl. Irritating - ripped off - cups not full, holds up the rest of customers in the drive-thru while remaking to my right order. Irritating waste of my time - DISRESPECTFUL TO ALL CUSTOMERS. Store manager needs to be replaced with a manager who will provide good customer service and drinks customers request/pay for.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Your mocha tastes like someone defecated in my cup and didn't even bother to warm it up. Before the racist incident I couldn't stand you all and the pretentious fools who think drinking dirty water is "hip" because it has a logo on it. I'm sticking with Caribou Coffee.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Just wasted hours today trying to unsubscribe from Starbucks, which I would NEVER subscribe to, as I HATE coffee. First my "online unsubscribe" failed "due to an error on their site." Next, I sat in their online CHAT queue several hours, and when I was FINALLY number 1, they logged me out! This situation can be avoided by sending a simple confirmation email, BEFORE putting any email in their subscription list. NO excuse for this; I think they did this on purpose = SPAMMER.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Hi. I had a very bad experience at the Starbucks on 200 East Pratt Street Baltimore MD at 9 pm on 6/16/2018. I asked for a cup of water and the young man behind the counter went off on me. He said they were closed and that he had a long day and doesn’t have time for this. The manager told him to give it to me. While he made it he continued to be hostile and belligerent. I’m still in shock.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I visit various Starbucks stores in my neighborhood of Del Mar, CA virtually every afternoon for an ice tea and a moment of relaxation to read and research. I am a well-known international businessman with an excellent reputation. Yesterday, while siting on the patio of the Del Mar Heights store (3485 Del Mar Heights Rd Ste A3, San Diego, CA 92130-2125) I was verbally accosted by both the store manager (**) and a man that I understood was an employee of Starbucks. The manager was in the midst of filing a report with a security guard at the shopping center when I walked up and asked if they were aware of an incident that I just experienced outside. The manager then said that I was “a ** old ** man, a ** and that I go there every afternoon hoping to get “lucky.”

I responded with," Wow, you have multiple incidents occurring at the same time," not realizing she was talking about me. I walked outside with the security guard and was informed that she was talking about me, having received a complaint from a woman (#1) in her late-20’s, that I was harassing her girlfriend (#2) whom was sitting across from us on the adjacent sofa.

The woman #1 indicated she was a “psychologist” (actually still a student) and that my friend and I should watch it because she “had the powers” (yes, pluralized). Not realizing what she was referring to, my friend and I proceeded to have a pleasant conversation with her girlfriend #2, discussing how she was about to take a vacation to Costa Rica and Peru with her fiancé after college graduation. We talked about the weather this time of year in the rainforest areas, and other small talk. Her girlfriend #2 was enjoying the conversation laughing and smiling throughout.

Then, suddenly, a man in his late 20’s, came out of Starbucks, sat across from us and told us to leave. I asked him “what was the problem” and he said, “we were harassing his fiancé”. Clearly, this wasn’t the case, but woman #1 (self-proclaimed psychologist) made him and the store manager believe that was the truth, adding that we were **, etc. I then understood what the #1 woman meant when she said she had “the powers”! Apparently, she meant the deviant powers to contrive a sexual allegation and report it to get her way with people (aka men). Hmmm, #metoo or #megotcha!

The man became belligerent as he approached me while I was sitting on the sofa. He got within my personal space and began physically threatening me to leave or else! I held my cool, never stood up as I didn’t want to be construed as threatening, despite my being twice his size. He was rabid in his hostile and threatening verbal and physically abuse threats, calling me a “fat old man”, etc. I asked him if he was prepared to spend a night in jail, as that would be where he was going if he furthered his attack. Perhaps, that sunk in.

Finally, he left with his fiancé and while the woman #1 was nowhere in sight. I was thinking of reporting the incident to the shopping center security but felt it wouldn’t lead to anything since they have no police authority. But, after going inside the store to go to the bathroom before leaving, I was verbally assaulted by the store manager with this outrageous and slanderous statement and accusations about me personally.

I never thought patronizing a Starbucks for an afternoon tea, with a friend from out of town, could be so harmful to one’s reputation, peace of mind and emotional spirit. The employee(s) demonstrated a total lack of professionalism, respect, judgment, courtesy and ability to qualify or discern the reality of the situation. Middle aged gentlemen, making small talk with adult women that are sitting 5 feet in front of them, on a facing sofa, for more than a half hour, is not assault, **, stalking, harassment, or anything worthy of the treatment I received while being a peaceful and polite customer of that Starbucks store.

But wait, there’s more. Amazingly, just a week prior, I was sitting on the same sofa having a tea while catching up on the news on my smartphone. A young boy (about 10 years old) came up to me and asked me to move. I said no. He repeated himself. I asked him why and he said because he and his friends wanted to sit there. I said they were welcome to pull up some chairs and use the other sofa across from me. I then asked him what was the problem. He said they make a lot of noise.

The boys sat and played a video game. I noticed they were very polite to each other, one even telling his friend to finish his lunch before it got cold. About 30 minutes later they were getting up to leave and I told the original boy that his demand for me to leave was very rude. I suggested the polite statement would have been, “excuse me sir, would you mind if my friends and I sat here?”, adding that they: “tend to make a lot of noise.” It appears the Del Mar Heights Shopping Center has issues with spoiled, impolite behavior. But, wait, everyone already knows that! So, Starbucks, how is that “Sensitivity Training” working out for you? Guess, what? It is endemic within their righteous, liberal, snowflake culture and will never be fixed! P.S. The security guy was very polite, respectful and said he was sorry I had to go through the experience.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Increase on cup of coffee June 2018 - Spoiled my daily intake (habit) of purchasing the tall (small) cup of Java for 1.95. 2.15 is too much already and I was a Gold Carder. Goodnight to the SBucks because it's just not really worth it. There's other coffee-places & get adventuresome and brew thy own at home before leaving every morning as alternative. I wondered why I was forking up the increase to the card more frequent during the past couple of weeks. Duhh, I never thought there was an increase and that's all I get there or that was what I always looked forward to and in this case, making my own's more like it anyway. (Just my own 20 cents noting on the increase to farewell-it).

Original review: June 5, 2018

Starbucks on the Ave in the U-District is a big A+ for our community. Their service, food and beverages are top of the line. I love going in there to have some coffee and sometimes food and visit with friends.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I know many gift cards are not refundable. But when there is a statement on the back of Starbucks gift card package as "Refunds only provided for unused cards with the original receipt" printed, I would expect there was a system in place to handle that. But I found that was not the case. I accidentally grabbed a gift card with wrong amount at Safeway. I tried to return it right away but Safeway said they did not give refunds for gift cards. I called Starbucks and was told Safeway should and I needed to talk to the store manager. Back at Safeway, I was told I needed to talk to Starbucks' customer service manager. Starbucks should change its policy to "Gift cards are NOT refundable."

Original review: May 22, 2018

Spent almost $1,500 at Starbucks and didn’t gave me my rewards. Been a gold member on or before year 2011 but representative said there’s nothing they can do. I emailed the corporate 2 to 3 times but got nothing. What a poor communicator.

Original review: May 17, 2018

This store (Fremont & Wilson Starbucks in Cali) is my favorite and they always have things right. The customer service is great and so are my drinks. I drive past 3 Starbucks that are closer to me to get to this location thanks to the amazing customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2018

With all the talk in the news about torture I decided to google a video on waterboarding. Sadly the first thing I see is an ad for Starbucks. It's very disturbing to see these images affiliated with Starbucks. Please be more selective about where you spam people.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I am VERY upset with my experience today. I ordered a Americana at the drive through at a very slow time. I paid lady with app and then she disappeared, I waited extra long and then a man came and handed me my drink after someone else was behind me on the drive through. When I picked up my drink for first time while driving the lid popped off and the coffee spilled on my hand burning it, my lap, my envelope I was mailing with a check, my car and car seat. I am lucky I did not get into an accident. I called store and spoke with manager to tell her what happened. I am very offended by her response, she said sorry and explained how it could not possibly be their fault because they triple check the lid. OBVIOUSLY they did not and I should not have had to argue with her.

HORRIBLE customer service, HORRIBLE. Your store burnt me, ruined some of my car and envelope and truly shook me up and that was the response from your manager??? She said I could come back and get a refund... Seriously???? After that experience I am going to drive back and waste my time??? I want to make an incident report and she should have offered that. If she was professional I would not have insisted. Obviously I had to wait a long time and a different barista came over and grabbed coffee that lid was not on correctly. Shame on your store. I want an incident report emailed to me ASAP. I have been a long time customer and after that incident I will support small coffee shops. I even googled this store and they have awful customer service reviews.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I was in the drive thru at the Barranca Ave. West Covina Starbucks yesterday at 3:40pm. I was picking up 3 grande ice tea for coaches at a nearby high school baseball game. I asked to have each ring up separately. I was told that there is a limit of 2 transactions at the drive thru??? Funny, a week earlier I ordered 4 separate orders at the same drive thru without any trouble? The car in front of me had 4 separate transactions as I watched the customer have her phone scanned 4 separate times?

When I questioned the girl at the window she tried to talk around it. I asked for the general manager but unfortunately, Yolanda was on vacation. I was given a girl who said she was the lead. I asked her why I was limited to 2 transactions and she said this is a new policy that went into effect the first of the year? I told her that was not true and she looked "busted" saying she would "do me this one time favor"???? I was also charged for Venti instead of my ordered Grande drinks??? I called corporate to inquire on this "new policy" in which they confirmed there is NO SUCH POLICY!!! Employees at Starbucks need to stop biting the hand that feeds them due to their personal laziness!!! With all the recent bad press and rise in prices Starbucks could go down in flames easily!!!

I also visited the Starbucks on Lemon Ave. in Walnut, Ca going thru the drive thru. I wanted to reload my gold Starbucks card with my debit card. Also took my gold card and debit card to reload. Then he asked to see my picture ID? This is a first in all the years I have had a gold card with Starbucks? I told him no one ever asks for my ID as my name matches on both my debit and Starbucks card? He replied," well they all are doing it wrong, I am going by policy"??? Then he asked me to sign a receipt for the load to my card? When I asked for a copy of what I signed he said he could not give me a copy??? I asked for a manager, in which Gus, (a lead) came to the window. I demanded the signed receipt back and called Starbucks corporate about such a shady incident.

Original review: April 15, 2018

First of all I used to go to Starbucks everyday, but they just been too expensive and every time I go there was a mistake with my drink. To top it all they don’t give Military Discount! Now watching the news seeing 2 ** men arrested just definitely took my motivation to ever buy a drink from there.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Please get your ACT together and start recycling, and not pretending to toe the environment line. It's obvious to people that are in the industry this is the case.

Teach your employees "moly" that maybe they should learn the values of actually reducing. This is not the first time for me, but will be the last... of being disappointed over and over again from a GIANT corporation like Starbucks to so frequently produce so much waste. Me, enter Starbucks with own cup... order drink. Employee- uses Plastic Starbuck cup... mixes drink and pours it into my reusable mug...

Does this make sense? The fact I attempt to use my own reusable travel mug (my decision) and the "Starbucks Corporation" forces the consumer to participate in wasting... She argued that what's "the difference"... "Contact Starbucks and they will review it..." My complaint is with the company's LAXed standards, which result to the employees also being environmentally irresponsible. Again this is not my first negative experience of this nature. Thaner ** (former Starbucks consumer).

Original review: April 12, 2018

The flat whites provided at most Starbucks stores are delicious. They are creamy and dense and if made correctly, they will leave a nice layer of foam surrounding the cup. They are also great to make latte art with.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have been visiting the Starbucks at Albertson's store on Lake Hazel Road now for over a year. I could not be more pleased with the wonderful customer service from all their staff. They are friendly, fast, accurate and always have the answers to any questions I may have regarding their products. A great experience each visit!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Why do we continue to take the nonsense offered us by Starbucks??? Each establishment makes your drinks differently than the other. What is the problem with the training??? I tried to get online and request points be credited to my account and the site kept responding a no to access. So, I changed the password and once again "no" to access. Of course after 3X locked out for 24 hours. Really... it is a coffee company reward card... not a bank!

Original review: March 24, 2018

After seeing reloads on my account and then a $55 transfer, I called Starbucks customer service at 800-782-7282 and Debra advised that it will take 7-10 business days to reverse the charge off my credit account. Also, she couldn't tell me where the $55 transfer went to. Therefore, I escalated it to Shalene, supervisor, as I needed someone to resolve this charge in a more timely manner. She reiterated that since it was an online charge, it will take 7-10 business days to resolve it with my bank.

I said, "That doesn't make sense... If I returned a coffee mug at Starbucks, the reversal would happen immediately." She continued to say the same thing... Which (as you can imagine) saying "7-10 business days" in an online world no longer makes sense. Also, the fraudulent charge was able to go through immediately... But the reversal for it was not. Shame on them! Would NOT have expected that after being a loyal Starbucks customer for over 10 years.

Original review: March 21, 2018

On Friday March 16th around 3:30 pm I went to Starbucks drive-through on 800 Oakdale Rd., Modesto. I ordered a drink that was supposed to nonfat milk, but they gave me a drink that contained Almond milk. I am highly allergic to almond milk and I had to take emergency actions after taking one drink. The cup was not labeled or written on as their usual procedure. When I went back inside they said “oh sorry we gave you the car's drink that was behind. Here’s yours.” I informed them of the seriousness of their mistake. My hives have finally cleared up. I reported it to Starbucks and I have a case number. They need a policy to ensure they give customers the right order which could be simply restating the order before they hand it to the customer outside the drive-through window.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Toasted Butterscotch Frapp is delicious!! Wish I could say the same about the sandwiches we bought this morning! Really VERY disgusting both to look at then spit out! Neither smelled good to begin with, and the buns on both were stale. Sausage was old on the chicken sausage biscuit, with no sign of chicken, unless you count a blob of goop! Bacon was not cooked properly on either that sandwich, nor the bacon egg cheese sandwich. Visibly inedible, we would not have risked the uncooked bacon and whatever other strange things were on there! Obviously, we DO want refund for this poor Starbucks ‘offering’. Unfortunately, did not have my Starbucks card with me, so had to charge Visa. Then the girl at the drive-thru window neglected to offer my receipt!

Original review: March 14, 2018

The Starbucks in Sudbury Ontario is a disgrace to Starbucks everywhere. It is old, outdated and dirty. The floor is worn out in places and doesn't ever seem to be cleaned. The countertop where the cash registers are is peeling - it looks just awful. The tables are small and wobbly. The fireplace is almost never on. The light fixtures and ceiling are full of greasy dust. It is horrible. The poor baristas who have to work there have my sympathy. Why doesn't this store have to clean up their act - and their store...

Starbucks Company Information