Starbucks

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I've been going to Starbucks for years now but recently started to try the breakfast sandwiches. The ones in the display you can clearly see the bacon isn't fully cooked. This is the same mess they not only gave me here in Philly but sides of attitude with it. Location here on a popular street there's one barista that for some reason has it out for me. I've never given attitude or made crazy demands yet he is always condescending when talking to me and purposely messes up my food. One barista will twice cook my bacon like I ask so it's cooked. The miserable one however cooked the sandwich twice giving me burnt bread and raw bacon. I don't know if he thought I wouldn't notice or come back considering my job is right across the street.

I went back after showing my boss what he had the nerve to give to me. The nice barista was there by time went back and I asked him to make my sandwich. I told him I didn't ask for a sandwich hard enough to knock on with raw bacon. He looked shocked that was even given to me. The problem barista refuses to help me when I come in. Other day I switched up and asked if they had more bistro boxes. The guy on the register had to get off the register because the fat one refused to help by going to get it. Instead he stood there and poked machine literally. His fat ass didn't even hit a button on the machine. I didn't want to cause a scene. I got bistro box and left. Having called customer service I'm still waiting on district manager to call. This type of treatment is ridiculous.

I was at store #16710 and was waiting, waiting and waiting for my wife's drink and finally I opened my mouth. I called to speak to the manager and she gives the excuse everyone is helping each other. Garbage. They have 3 people on the drive through and one person helping people that walk in. She is a very poor manager, does not know the first thing about customer service or selling. She is poor.

Starbucks retail locations in Hollywood, California regularly violate customer rights, illegally, unethically and they could care less. Hollywood area district manager Holm ** has instructed employees at all stores on Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood/Franklin, Hollywood/Vine, Hollywood/Western and others in the area, to deny paying customers' access to public restrooms, to refuse the cashing out of gift cards, and to overcharge customers by applying add-shot and alternative milk fees (like Soy or Coconut) when the fees are non applicable. Furthermore, when you contact the Starbucks customer service department via the 800# - easily the worst customer service team in the nation - they are trained to repeat: "I'm sorry but a district manager will have to follow up with you." The employees are rude, ignorant, and lack professionalism of any kind. If you request to speak with someone higher up, they'll laugh.

Oh, and here's the punch line - the district manager will never call you. It's simply a spin cycle to get you off the line. This entire Starbucks fatigue-scheme is designed to fatigue complaining customers. The store refers you to customer service, who when contacted will simply refer you back to the store. Ultimately, they'll refer you to a district manager who you'll never hear from. Bottom line: Starbucks is violating consumer rights with these unethical business practices. The worst service in Los Angeles at the gourmet retail level. Furthermore, Starbucks' call center is stocked with work-from-home lackeys who are unmotivated due to their $9.00 an hour wages, and the call center reps who are also undercompensated and, thus, unmotivated, are instructed to be defensive gatekeepers. That's not customer service. Starbucks is horrible. The worst.

I recently have had problems with the customer service line you call when you have a Starbucks problem. Very rude and didn't even care about the issue. Since the call I have gone to 3 Starbucks. Service was horrid and all 3 drinks were wrong.

Go to this SB forever and recently there are new employees who are terrible. Just waited in line for 20 min only for them to say they ran out of iced coffee. It is 90 degrees outside, don't you think you should plan and make extra iced coffee? Horrible service and when they do make coffee they add too much water to Americanos and too much syrup and so many other reasons why I am not going to SB in Dobbs Ferry NY on the Saw Mill South again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

I was going to Starbucks for 9 years approx. The 1st 1 in Sawgrass Mills Mall Sunrise, FL. Nothing beats the drinks I will say that. But I would buy every Saturday cookies and they were nice size, and delicious. But then around 4 years ago they got smaller and smaller and stop buying them. I went to a new Starbucks in Plantation Florida on Sunrise Boulevard. They just opened up last week I looked at all their food. Their muffins are so small and their cookies are so tiny. You guys should be embarrassed and that's with a capital EMBARRASSED. One of the employees heard me say, "You guys should be embarrassed," and he nodded with his head up-and-down not saying a word. He agreed with me. I will never go to your store again. If I could RATE YOUR STORE EXPERIENCE A MINUS ONE -1 store I would.

I enjoy their services and customer service. Not a huge fan of their coffee as it is a bit bitter. Their plastic tumblers only give you about 6 months of use before you start tasting plastic heavily in your drink. Even with following the proper care instructions. I have thus stopped purchasing plastic tumblers. I have noticed that fellow customers are somewhat snobbish and seem to have a me, me, me attitude and want to be first and out the door. It's not at all uncommon to have people cut in front of me because I was half an inch out of line. Or at least that's what I noticed in several of the King County, WA locations. At the company I work for, the employees leave free expired treats from their kiosk in our break room. Yummy, but at the same time with a word of warning: I have on one occasion received mild food poisoning from this. Appreciate the services though. Just wish they didn't monopolize the area so much.

I often go to this location to buy coffee or tea, because it is convenient. The service has been hit and miss. I order Venti Black Tea Lemonade without the sweetener many times during warm weather. Today, I saw a barista making this drink purposely with tea and water and ice, with no lemonade and no shaken. (There was a label with my name and correct drink description on the cup). What I got was a cup of waterdown tea with no lemonade. When I mentioned to a staff, I saw how this was made. The staff just gave me the lemonade and "here" to just pour some into the cup. I was a bit appalled to see how bad the service had gotten. It is a big sign to not to go back to this store again.

The Starbucks in Seattle [83 and Aurora] 95% of the time, will not put a sleeve on my Venti tall EXTRA HOT Latte. I politely tell them that cup is extremely hot to hold, thus adding a paper sleeve absorbs the heat. Their reply is usually to point to the sleeves and then states "You can put it on yourself" or points to the sleeves and say "There they are". Inexcusable conduct to a potential serious situation that can happen. The employees need to be retrained and know safety protocol to extra hot beverages.

Recently, I noticed that the card balance went down faster than usual. Also heard from 2 friends over the past 3 months that money would be taken from their cards mysteriously. So, out of curiosity, I checked the purchase history. I discovered the unauthorized deduction (total of $12.05) occurred in 2 different Starbucks stores. I asked the cashiers to redeem the rewards on food but evidently they deducted the value of the food from my card "and" redeemed my rewards. In a sense, I doubled paying them (real $$ and the rewards that I am entitled to use on food). I sent an email to its Customer Service and got an apology email of experience and an reimbursement of $12 only. I am very disappointed with the corporation.

My fellow consumers, watch out and safeguard your card balance because this is not a stand-alone instance. My friends and I got ripped off. And we are the ones to protect our wallet, very obviously! By the way, the apology email does not address the reason why the mistake occurred and threw the stores management under the bus. Very bad customer service!!

I called on 2/3/17 due to accidentally deleting one of the cards with a just reloaded balance on my phone app while still trying to figure out how to use the app. I was in the store and had receipts for just reloading the card that was accidentally deleted ($25). The employee was unable to help, even though they knew exactly what had happened, but said to call the store with my receipt. After calling about this to the 1-800 number, the customer service agent did research and I was on hold at least 30 minutes. They were able to see the money and the card that was reloaded and said they would sent out a card with the money I had just reloaded.

After several months of not receiving anything, I just called today to find that they never were going to replace the money and were just mailing out a physical gold card with nothing on it. Apparently, the customer service agent was dealing with a coach, while I was on hold all that time, and never told me the truth that I basically had just lost the money that was reloaded. I just found this out from calling today and the agent reading the notes back to me, and I still have the receipt to show proof, but they say it doesn't matter. Very poor customer service, and even though I like Starbucks and spend quite a bit there with my family and ready to change to the Coffee Bean for all my coffee needs in the future.

I am a highly unsatisfied that I went to try the unicorn by Thursday 4/20 and every Starbucks I went to was sold out. This is saddening because I am a huge fan of Starbucks and to be overly excited about something that I was not able to try is unreasonable and not customer friendly.

This is located near where I stay. Decided to visit and go inside to purchase a drink. Normally just use drive through. The employees there are very rude & nasty. The store reeked of cigarette smoke which was all in my clothes when I left the establishment. As I stood there to place my order a worker behind the counter splashed water on myself and the cashier and all she could say was, "Sorry I had a long day." There is a reason I never dined in at this location! I was so upset and took everything for me not to snatch her ass over that counter. Listen Starbucks. Your drinks are not that great and overpriced so you would think you would work on your customer service better and at least keep your store clean. The counters at this location were sticky nasty & had trash on the counter. Man Starbucks has really gone down. I guess you start making money and everything else goes to hell!!

I'm satisfied with Starbucks but I've noticed you have to go to Decent locations, to get good espresso beans and grinds, for your espresso drinks. Not making this up. And it varies, on how the store is run, the populace that visits, and *who* is serving your drink! This is one of Starbucks 'affiliates' (spelling? definition?) that sort of, remains as a quest when you want a good fresh espresso. If I go to a affluent area, that is not high traffic, just about every time, with the same baristas. If I go to an area, high traffic, it varies from store to store and barista to barista. So to each his and her own, at a traffic non traffic, wealth non wealth location!

I along with my child went into Starbucks at 14329 Bear Valley Road in Victorville, CA. And bought a bag of chips and I asked if I could get two sample cups of their green tea and was just flat out refused. He the employee had said that we're not giving out samples at this time. BS! If I didn't know better, it seemed like he was happy NOT TO GIVE IT TO US. I had also made 2 trips to two other Starbucks stores earlier and had spent almost $20.00 dollars in total that day at 3 different stores. We like Starbucks EVEN THOUGH THEIR STUFF IS WAY OVERPRICED! A company that makes SOOO much money on a daily basis and BEING CHEAP ABOUT 2 sample cups of tea. I think I'll be staying away from Starbucks a lot more from now on!!! What a SHAME, worrying about 2 sample cups of tea and not about the money or potential tips that you could have earned. Oh well!!!

Alexis in the Starbucks is so rude every time I go in. She gives you the impression you are putting her out requesting a coffee beverage. The Starbucks street in the same Plaza has great friendly employees who are helpful and knowledgeable. Management at the Safeway inside Starbucks should get rid of her. Awful experience. Never going back!

Ordered an iced latte and got a hot latte poured over ice. The ice melted and I left with a lukewarm latte. Besides this, the drink looked like it was missing a shot, even I've ordered an extra shot, so it should have been browner than usual. So I've got 2 less shots than I've paid for. Another barista re-made it for me after I complained, it was cold and brown like I like it, but come on! I mean, did the original barista really think that pouring hot latte over ice is an acceptable recipe for an iced latte?

I spent 29.95+tax on a simple thermal cup - Valentine's day theme. The "Starbucks" on the side has already come off, you can't put it in the dishwasher, can't handle carbonated drink (not that I drink soda but I may want one some day). So not worth $30. And I stopped buying their weak coffee a long time ago and I'm from the Northwest.

Just tried to use a coupon that I got at the Starbucks in Havertown PA (West Chester Pike). 50% off a lunch item after 11 am (it's 2pm). They said that they don't honor the coupon. Yep they gave them out. But they don't accept them. What kind of way is this to treat customers?

I went this evening with my little kids, husband. When taking our order itself halfway, ** went to brew some coffee even without telling us. She came back and said "sorry". While taking our orders I found she being upset or rude, unable to judge at that time. I took it easy. Then order placed, we were asked to wait for few minutes. We Sat in a table and waited, watching ** doing some coffee making process. We got the tea ordered, waited again, but never got the cookies and scones. Again we waited. Customers who came after us were served, So I went to the counter and told about the wait.

It seems to be she is the supervisor for the store. I told her about the wait. She immediately said money can be refunded. She did not bother to hear anything immediately told me about the refund. I said "why do I need to wait this long, to get a refund." I felt that supervisor's reply, action were more rude than **. I did tell the supervisor lady, "if it is me I would just walk out. As my kids are waiting, I want to get the cookies, etc." After a long work day when we go to places like this to relax and have some coffee, by these actions, this people ruins our precious time and mood. This happened at Location 2511, E Lohman Ave, Las Cruces, NM-88011.

On 12/3, I ordered a traveler, a demi mug and some Verismo pods. I paid with my Starbucks card and the money was removed. On 12/9, I called to check on the status of the order. I was assured it would ship, and that it would update on 12/10. On 12/10, my order was cancelled. I called customer service and was told there was a glitch, and that the money would be refunded by 12/12. A few days and a couple of calls later, the money was refunded. The customer service rep apologized and offered to provide free expedited shipping on my replacement order.

When I placed that order on 12/16, I was told it would ship next day. Now it is almost a week later and I *still* have not received my order. Online, it shows as perpetually processing. The estimated ship date went from 12/18, to 12/19, to 12/20, to 12/21, to 12/22... What is going on with you, Starbucks? It's like you're begging to lose customers. Seriously, I will never buy online from you again. You're completely undependable and disrespectful of my time and patronage. All I wanted was a mug and something to put in it.

You had a great opportunity to fix this the first time around; the CSR who processed my first refund was amazing. All you had to do was ensure that the product actually shipped in a timely manner and it would have made everything better. Now it's almost been one month since my original transaction and I've wasted far too much of my time on this. Avoid at all costs.

Every time I go to the Starbucks near my home they are coming up with a different price every day. Do your employees make up the price. Sure do believe so. A drive through should have good customer service and it's the lousiest slow, and they don't know what they are doing. Where are they getting their prices. From their head... Very very Unprofessional. I will never return to that Starbucks ever again. That's a sad store... And never give you a receipt either. I wonder why...

Have been extremely loyal to Starbucks dating back to the 1990s. I would seek them out in my business travels as well as near my homes in California and near Phoenix, AZ. My work in Phoenix moves me about the valley quite a bit so I have become familiar with Starbucks locations just about everywhere in metro Phoenix. While service remains friendly, quality and product consistency have eroded rapidly over the past several years at many locations. A few remain inviting enough where you actually would enjoy sitting and visiting with friends or immersing yourself in a book, or looking up something on your gadget of choice.

No longer. The decor has changed at many and wood and comfort replaced by the "Hurry and be on your way look." One very attractive store is located in Apache Junction, AZ of all places. In a town of rift raft and poorly run city council and unfriendly business environments, the Starbucks location on the "Trail" is one of the best appearing. Huge room, comfortable tables and chairs, and a large outside deck with the proper screening for Arizona heat.

That said, the drinks, just as with other locations, have become watered down on all fronts. Insufficient flavoring in the Foo-Foo sweet drinks, little more than a teaspoon of whipped cream, and all too often the taste of burnt coffee beans. Seriously, I can no longer tell one holiday flavor Frappe or Latte from another. Just tasteless.

Another area of concern is store cleanliness. The specific Apache Junction store is very clean but the others in Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, and Scottsdale... Not so much. Pushing the brand into locations like Target store just cheapens the brand because the product quality is less than in the specific Starbucks stores is greatly diminished. Starbucks exploded due to quality of coffee, atmosphere, and the specialty drinks. If you're going to pay $5-$6 for a coffee based beverage it should be better than what a person can get elsewhere for a dollar. It's suppose to be like a treat.

Little Howie Schultz, CEO but now stepping down to see if he can launch successful $12/cup coffee shops, did what most CEOs of public companies do. Kiss the behinds of Wall Streeter's pulling his chain and find ways to increase margins by shafting the customers. His authored book is a good indication of just how out of touch Howie is with American's and his customers. He should have read former Southwest Airlines CEO Herb Kelleher's book on customer service. It's the model for treating customers right.

How is double-faced on policy, too. Doesn't like people toting guns around and suggests people keep them out of Starbucks stores but is unwilling to mandate it. Packing a weapon into a coffee shop - common in **, Arizona - makes a person look mean, drunk, and stupid. Anyway, there still are good small coffee shops. Santa Cruz, CA is such a place. A half dozen locations of different coffee shops makes Starbucks taste like backed up septic liquids.

Starbucks sucks! Last night I stop with my wife to get drinks at Starbucks on Whitlock Ave, Marietta, GA. I also order pizza to go for my son (he was not with us) from across the street. My wife went to the BR and I went to get the pizza (I walk across the street and came back). Then we went to the car and found a boot on it!!! I call the number from the sticker and told me the attendant will be there shortly (took 45 minutes for him to come!!). Complain to the Starbucks manager and he said that is Starbucks policy that you can't leave the parking lot and we have plenty of sign for that!!! You expect me to read the signs every time I stop for a cup of coffee in the dark!!

He would not listen to what anything else I said. Also he could not find the attendant himself for 20 minutes and the attendant refuse to let us go without paying $50!! He said it just works for the company (EPS, Atlanta GA). So Starbucks makes up their own rules and ILLEGALLY boot cars! They lost my business and my family's for good. THINK Starbucks. 4 people x 1-2 coffees a day on average you lost just from me $40-50 per day!!! And you get bad reviews everywhere I go. Is this really worth it. You do the math!!!

I'm very dissatisfied with the flavor level of the coffee Starbucks store are brewing especially in Fremont stores. They are watering down their coffee too much and the way they are upkeeping their store one sloppy mess.

I went to the Starbucks in San Antonio on Bitters Road, and I sat and sat for my drink. There was no one else in line and they made drink after drink for the drive thru and while I waited and waited - I noticed they clean the nozzle used to steam the milk with a dirty rag and never changed it drink after drink - I will never go back there where people inside are ignored.

I went to Starbucks online site and my password wasn't recognized. I followed their directions and changed my password. The site recognized the change until I used it. Had to change the password 4 times. Finally, I phoned the company. Their response, "Your account has been closed for 24 hrs." I bought a $40 tumbler last week, collect only Starbucks cups, buy coffee to brew at home and stop in 3 or 4 days a week to buy coffee. Thank you Starbucks! You're a real winner.

My husband and I weren't on happy terms today, and he wanted to bless me by getting me my favorite, Starbucks. And I always get almond milk due to my dairy allergy, and the lady (he didn't get her name) said "Okay, great. Almond milk. No problem." She didn't. And I'm paying the very painful consequences. If you want to keep clientele, TRAIN BETTER.

I am a coffee lover. I usually go to McDonald's to have a cup of latte. But today for a change, I went to Starbucks and ordered a hot cappuccino... I Sat there in Starbucks and used the free wifi. After 20 minutes something... I take my cappuccino with me as I decide to go back to my home. When I am about to reach my home... the cappuccino leaks from the lid. My dress soaked with cappuccino. It's a bad experience for me since I always buy coffee from McDonald's and it never happened to me before. Even though the coffee from Starbucks are really expensive... they are using very cheap cups. I will never go to Starbucks again.

For a week now I've been unable to order because the shopping cart is literally broken, and according to each person I've dealt with, it has something to do with PayPal. I cannot delete items from the shopping cart. The shopping cart broke when I selected PayPal; "null, null, null" is now printed in my payment method. No one at Starbucks has been able to fix the problem; I've tried email, chat, and phone support. No one has a solution; the script message about cookies and cache is bogus. The first question each person asked was if the purchase was attempted through PayPal. I've logged into my account from multiple devices, changed passwords (I'll say too easily), and somehow none of the items can be removed from the shopping cart, and no purchase method can be selected anymore.

I've had a Starbucks account for many years. It's hard to believe they have such a lousy checkout process. Also, I was unexpectedly charged for a subscription service that according to the online store, wasn't supposed to start for one month. Starbucks seems to have a major problem on their storefront and I don't recommend anyone use it now.

Starbucks Company Profile