Starbucks

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The Starbucks in Seattle [83 and Aurora] 95% of the time, will not put a sleeve on my Venti tall EXTRA HOT Latte. I politely tell them that cup is extremely hot to hold, thus adding a paper sleeve absorbs the heat. Their reply is usually to point to the sleeves and then states "You can put it on yourself" or points to the sleeves and say "There they are". Inexcusable conduct to a potential serious situation that can happen. The employees need to be retrained and know safety protocol to extra hot beverages.

Recently, I noticed that the card balance went down faster than usual. Also heard from 2 friends over the past 3 months that money would be taken from their cards mysteriously. So, out of curiosity, I checked the purchase history. I discovered the unauthorized deduction (total of $12.05) occurred in 2 different Starbucks stores. I asked the cashiers to redeem the rewards on food but evidently they deducted the value of the food from my card "and" redeemed my rewards. In a sense, I doubled paying them (real $$ and the rewards that I am entitled to use on food). I sent an email to its Customer Service and got an apology email of experience and an reimbursement of $12 only. I am very disappointed with the corporation.

My fellow consumers, watch out and safeguard your card balance because this is not a stand-alone instance. My friends and I got ripped off. And we are the ones to protect our wallet, very obviously! By the way, the apology email does not address the reason why the mistake occurred and threw the stores management under the bus. Very bad customer service!!

I called on 2/3/17 due to accidentally deleting one of the cards with a just reloaded balance on my phone app while still trying to figure out how to use the app. I was in the store and had receipts for just reloading the card that was accidentally deleted ($25). The employee was unable to help, even though they knew exactly what had happened, but said to call the store with my receipt. After calling about this to the 1-800 number, the customer service agent did research and I was on hold at least 30 minutes. They were able to see the money and the card that was reloaded and said they would sent out a card with the money I had just reloaded.

After several months of not receiving anything, I just called today to find that they never were going to replace the money and were just mailing out a physical gold card with nothing on it. Apparently, the customer service agent was dealing with a coach, while I was on hold all that time, and never told me the truth that I basically had just lost the money that was reloaded. I just found this out from calling today and the agent reading the notes back to me, and I still have the receipt to show proof, but they say it doesn't matter. Very poor customer service, and even though I like Starbucks and spend quite a bit there with my family and ready to change to the Coffee Bean for all my coffee needs in the future.

I am a highly unsatisfied that I went to try the unicorn by Thursday 4/20 and every Starbucks I went to was sold out. This is saddening because I am a huge fan of Starbucks and to be overly excited about something that I was not able to try is unreasonable and not customer friendly.

This is located near where I stay. Decided to visit and go inside to purchase a drink. Normally just use drive through. The employees there are very rude & nasty. The store reeked of cigarette smoke which was all in my clothes when I left the establishment. As I stood there to place my order a worker behind the counter splashed water on myself and the cashier and all she could say was, "Sorry I had a long day." There is a reason I never dined in at this location! I was so upset and took everything for me not to snatch her ass over that counter. Listen Starbucks. Your drinks are not that great and overpriced so you would think you would work on your customer service better and at least keep your store clean. The counters at this location were sticky nasty & had trash on the counter. Man Starbucks has really gone down. I guess you start making money and everything else goes to hell!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

I'm satisfied with Starbucks but I've noticed you have to go to Decent locations, to get good espresso beans and grinds, for your espresso drinks. Not making this up. And it varies, on how the store is run, the populace that visits, and *who* is serving your drink! This is one of Starbucks 'affiliates' (spelling? definition?) that sort of, remains as a quest when you want a good fresh espresso. If I go to a affluent area, that is not high traffic, just about every time, with the same baristas. If I go to an area, high traffic, it varies from store to store and barista to barista. So to each his and her own, at a traffic non traffic, wealth non wealth location!

I along with my child went into Starbucks at 14329 Bear Valley Road in Victorville, CA. And bought a bag of chips and I asked if I could get two sample cups of their green tea and was just flat out refused. He the employee had said that we're not giving out samples at this time. BS! If I didn't know better, it seemed like he was happy NOT TO GIVE IT TO US. I had also made 2 trips to two other Starbucks stores earlier and had spent almost $20.00 dollars in total that day at 3 different stores. We like Starbucks EVEN THOUGH THEIR STUFF IS WAY OVERPRICED! A company that makes SOOO much money on a daily basis and BEING CHEAP ABOUT 2 sample cups of tea. I think I'll be staying away from Starbucks a lot more from now on!!! What a SHAME, worrying about 2 sample cups of tea and not about the money or potential tips that you could have earned. Oh well!!!

Alexis in the Starbucks is so rude every time I go in. She gives you the impression you are putting her out requesting a coffee beverage. The Starbucks street in the same Plaza has great friendly employees who are helpful and knowledgeable. Management at the Safeway inside Starbucks should get rid of her. Awful experience. Never going back!

Ordered an iced latte and got a hot latte poured over ice. The ice melted and I left with a lukewarm latte. Besides this, the drink looked like it was missing a shot, even I've ordered an extra shot, so it should have been browner than usual. So I've got 2 less shots than I've paid for. Another barista re-made it for me after I complained, it was cold and brown like I like it, but come on! I mean, did the original barista really think that pouring hot latte over ice is an acceptable recipe for an iced latte?

I spent 29.95+tax on a simple thermal cup - Valentine's day theme. The "Starbucks" on the side has already come off, you can't put it in the dishwasher, can't handle carbonated drink (not that I drink soda but I may want one some day). So not worth $30. And I stopped buying their weak coffee a long time ago and I'm from the Northwest.

Just tried to use a coupon that I got at the Starbucks in Havertown PA (West Chester Pike). 50% off a lunch item after 11 am (it's 2pm). They said that they don't honor the coupon. Yep they gave them out. But they don't accept them. What kind of way is this to treat customers?

I went this evening with my little kids, husband. When taking our order itself halfway, ** went to brew some coffee even without telling us. She came back and said "sorry". While taking our orders I found she being upset or rude, unable to judge at that time. I took it easy. Then order placed, we were asked to wait for few minutes. We Sat in a table and waited, watching ** doing some coffee making process. We got the tea ordered, waited again, but never got the cookies and scones. Again we waited. Customers who came after us were served, So I went to the counter and told about the wait.

It seems to be she is the supervisor for the store. I told her about the wait. She immediately said money can be refunded. She did not bother to hear anything immediately told me about the refund. I said "why do I need to wait this long, to get a refund." I felt that supervisor's reply, action were more rude than **. I did tell the supervisor lady, "if it is me I would just walk out. As my kids are waiting, I want to get the cookies, etc." After a long work day when we go to places like this to relax and have some coffee, by these actions, this people ruins our precious time and mood. This happened at Location 2511, E Lohman Ave, Las Cruces, NM-88011.

On 12/3, I ordered a traveler, a demi mug and some Verismo pods. I paid with my Starbucks card and the money was removed. On 12/9, I called to check on the status of the order. I was assured it would ship, and that it would update on 12/10. On 12/10, my order was cancelled. I called customer service and was told there was a glitch, and that the money would be refunded by 12/12. A few days and a couple of calls later, the money was refunded. The customer service rep apologized and offered to provide free expedited shipping on my replacement order.

When I placed that order on 12/16, I was told it would ship next day. Now it is almost a week later and I *still* have not received my order. Online, it shows as perpetually processing. The estimated ship date went from 12/18, to 12/19, to 12/20, to 12/21, to 12/22... What is going on with you, Starbucks? It's like you're begging to lose customers. Seriously, I will never buy online from you again. You're completely undependable and disrespectful of my time and patronage. All I wanted was a mug and something to put in it.

You had a great opportunity to fix this the first time around; the CSR who processed my first refund was amazing. All you had to do was ensure that the product actually shipped in a timely manner and it would have made everything better. Now it's almost been one month since my original transaction and I've wasted far too much of my time on this. Avoid at all costs.

Every time I go to the Starbucks near my home they are coming up with a different price every day. Do your employees make up the price. Sure do believe so. A drive through should have good customer service and it's the lousiest slow, and they don't know what they are doing. Where are they getting their prices. From their head... Very very Unprofessional. I will never return to that Starbucks ever again. That's a sad store... And never give you a receipt either. I wonder why...

Have been extremely loyal to Starbucks dating back to the 1990s. I would seek them out in my business travels as well as near my homes in California and near Phoenix, AZ. My work in Phoenix moves me about the valley quite a bit so I have become familiar with Starbucks locations just about everywhere in metro Phoenix. While service remains friendly, quality and product consistency have eroded rapidly over the past several years at many locations. A few remain inviting enough where you actually would enjoy sitting and visiting with friends or immersing yourself in a book, or looking up something on your gadget of choice.

No longer. The decor has changed at many and wood and comfort replaced by the "Hurry and be on your way look." One very attractive store is located in Apache Junction, AZ of all places. In a town of rift raft and poorly run city council and unfriendly business environments, the Starbucks location on the "Trail" is one of the best appearing. Huge room, comfortable tables and chairs, and a large outside deck with the proper screening for Arizona heat.

That said, the drinks, just as with other locations, have become watered down on all fronts. Insufficient flavoring in the Foo-Foo sweet drinks, little more than a teaspoon of whipped cream, and all too often the taste of burnt coffee beans. Seriously, I can no longer tell one holiday flavor Frappe or Latte from another. Just tasteless.

Another area of concern is store cleanliness. The specific Apache Junction store is very clean but the others in Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, and Scottsdale... Not so much. Pushing the brand into locations like Target store just cheapens the brand because the product quality is less than in the specific Starbucks stores is greatly diminished. Starbucks exploded due to quality of coffee, atmosphere, and the specialty drinks. If you're going to pay $5-$6 for a coffee based beverage it should be better than what a person can get elsewhere for a dollar. It's suppose to be like a treat.

Little Howie Schultz, CEO but now stepping down to see if he can launch successful $12/cup coffee shops, did what most CEOs of public companies do. Kiss the behinds of Wall Streeter's pulling his chain and find ways to increase margins by shafting the customers. His authored book is a good indication of just how out of touch Howie is with American's and his customers. He should have read former Southwest Airlines CEO Herb Kelleher's book on customer service. It's the model for treating customers right.

How is double-faced on policy, too. Doesn't like people toting guns around and suggests people keep them out of Starbucks stores but is unwilling to mandate it. Packing a weapon into a coffee shop - common in **, Arizona - makes a person look mean, drunk, and stupid. Anyway, there still are good small coffee shops. Santa Cruz, CA is such a place. A half dozen locations of different coffee shops makes Starbucks taste like backed up septic liquids.

Starbucks sucks! Last night I stop with my wife to get drinks at Starbucks on Whitlock Ave, Marietta, GA. I also order pizza to go for my son (he was not with us) from across the street. My wife went to the BR and I went to get the pizza (I walk across the street and came back). Then we went to the car and found a boot on it!!! I call the number from the sticker and told me the attendant will be there shortly (took 45 minutes for him to come!!). Complain to the Starbucks manager and he said that is Starbucks policy that you can't leave the parking lot and we have plenty of sign for that!!! You expect me to read the signs every time I stop for a cup of coffee in the dark!!

He would not listen to what anything else I said. Also he could not find the attendant himself for 20 minutes and the attendant refuse to let us go without paying $50!! He said it just works for the company (EPS, Atlanta GA). So Starbucks makes up their own rules and ILLEGALLY boot cars! They lost my business and my family's for good. THINK Starbucks. 4 people x 1-2 coffees a day on average you lost just from me $40-50 per day!!! And you get bad reviews everywhere I go. Is this really worth it. You do the math!!!

I'm very dissatisfied with the flavor level of the coffee Starbucks store are brewing especially in Fremont stores. They are watering down their coffee too much and the way they are upkeeping their store one sloppy mess.

I went to the Starbucks in San Antonio on Bitters Road, and I sat and sat for my drink. There was no one else in line and they made drink after drink for the drive thru and while I waited and waited - I noticed they clean the nozzle used to steam the milk with a dirty rag and never changed it drink after drink - I will never go back there where people inside are ignored.

I went to Starbucks online site and my password wasn't recognized. I followed their directions and changed my password. The site recognized the change until I used it. Had to change the password 4 times. Finally, I phoned the company. Their response, "Your account has been closed for 24 hrs." I bought a $40 tumbler last week, collect only Starbucks cups, buy coffee to brew at home and stop in 3 or 4 days a week to buy coffee. Thank you Starbucks! You're a real winner.

My husband and I weren't on happy terms today, and he wanted to bless me by getting me my favorite, Starbucks. And I always get almond milk due to my dairy allergy, and the lady (he didn't get her name) said "Okay, great. Almond milk. No problem." She didn't. And I'm paying the very painful consequences. If you want to keep clientele, TRAIN BETTER.

I am a coffee lover. I usually go to McDonald's to have a cup of latte. But today for a change, I went to Starbucks and ordered a hot cappuccino... I Sat there in Starbucks and used the free wifi. After 20 minutes something... I take my cappuccino with me as I decide to go back to my home. When I am about to reach my home... the cappuccino leaks from the lid. My dress soaked with cappuccino. It's a bad experience for me since I always buy coffee from McDonald's and it never happened to me before. Even though the coffee from Starbucks are really expensive... they are using very cheap cups. I will never go to Starbucks again.

For a week now I've been unable to order because the shopping cart is literally broken, and according to each person I've dealt with, it has something to do with PayPal. I cannot delete items from the shopping cart. The shopping cart broke when I selected PayPal; "null, null, null" is now printed in my payment method. No one at Starbucks has been able to fix the problem; I've tried email, chat, and phone support. No one has a solution; the script message about cookies and cache is bogus. The first question each person asked was if the purchase was attempted through PayPal. I've logged into my account from multiple devices, changed passwords (I'll say too easily), and somehow none of the items can be removed from the shopping cart, and no purchase method can be selected anymore.

I've had a Starbucks account for many years. It's hard to believe they have such a lousy checkout process. Also, I was unexpectedly charged for a subscription service that according to the online store, wasn't supposed to start for one month. Starbucks seems to have a major problem on their storefront and I don't recommend anyone use it now.

I purchased a Caramel frap early one morning. The drink tasted like it had no Caramel in it, tasted like blended ice. I was on my way to work and had no time to take it back and have them remake it. This seems to happen a lot at this particular store, my co-workers have said the same thing. I will not go back and purchase anything from them again. Waste of my hard earned money.

On July 17, 2016 I visited the Starbucks on Fellowship Road and Route 73 in Mt Laurel, NJ. I had my 4 month old, dog, and mother in the car with me. I visited this Starbucks because they have a drive through which makes it much easier with a baby and dog in the car. I ordered a hot grande nonfat cinnamon dulce latte with no whip. This is the same drink I have been ordering for years. I waited in line for about 8 minutes before I even got to the window to get my drink. Granted, they did seem very busy.

When I got to the window the young man said, "Here is your skinny cinnamon dulce latte." I replied, "Oh I'm sorry but I didn't order it skinny. I ordered it nonfat." He responded by saying they are the same thing. I explained to him that skinny uses the sugar free syrup and I wanted the regular syrup because the artificial sweeteners give me migraines. He continued by saying, "We don't make the lattes like that here." I explained to him that made no sense because I've been ordering it that way for years and I wasn't understanding why they couldn't make a latte with regular syrup and nonfat milk.

I asked him if he could please remake my drink. He grabbed the drink out of my hands, slammed the drive through window, and I watched him dump the contents of my drink out and remake a new drink in the same cup. I'm sure that any small residue left in the cup probably wouldn't give me a headache however that isn't good business practice. He opened the window and said, "here!" I nicely thanked him for making me a new drink and explained that you shouldn't remake a drink in the same cup because my cousin is allergic to artificial sweeteners and has an anaphylactic reaction to them. Therefore, you never know and should err on the side of caution. He rolled his eyes, sarcastically said, "have a nice day," and slammed the drive through window.

As I pulled away it seemed like the latte felt very light so I opened the lid to see that the cup was less than half full with latte and then filled to the top with whipped cream (which I didn't order). At this point I was extremely annoyed because the service was terrible, his attitude was appalling, and clearly he purposely made my drink like that.

I had to pull into a parking space and go inside. Luckily my mom was with me because my baby and dog were with me. When I went inside I asked to speak with a manager and I was told a manager was not available to speak to me. At this point the young man that provided me with horrible service saw me and ran into the back to hide. Unbelievable coward! I explained my situation and that I wanted a refund. I was told I couldn't have a refund and that they could only remake my drink. I explained that was unacceptable and the girl behind the counter stated only a manager could refund me and the manager was not available. She remade my drink and handed it to me by saying, "Here."

Unbelievable! Not one person apologized for making me the wrong drink, the rude behavior I endured, or the fact that I had to get out of the car and come in. I asked the girl behind the counter what the young man's name was that initially made my latte and she paused, smirked, and then said, "Martinez." At this point I was so fired up because now the girl was lying to me and made up the name **. That offended me on so many levels because she chose to discriminate and choose a Hispanic name when the young man was not Hispanic. This really resonated with me because my husband is Hispanic and my daughter is half Hispanic. I thought about how that would have made her feel if the situation happened to her when she is older. That's inexcusable!

When I got home I immediately called their headquarters. The woman on the phone was lovely and extremely apologetic (the only reasonable and professional person). They credited my Starbucks app $10 and said I would be hearing from upper management. I never was contacted by upper management. The store manager contacted me and apologized and asked me how they could make the situation better. Why do I need to tell a big corporation how to do their job!

Hmm let me see: Talk to the employees involved. Suspend or fire the employees involved. Provide better training for your employees including diversity/multicultural training. Invite me in to make me a new drink to demonstrate your store can give good service. They did none of the above. The manager admitted the employee lied and made up the Hispanic name and there was no one by that name that worked there. She then tried to lie and say there are many Hispanic employees that worked there. I called her out on it and stated that I have been in there enough to see zero Hispanic employees working there to which she had no response.

I reported this all to Starbucks in which they still have not responded! What Starbucks doesn't understand is that a complaint is so much more than them crediting your card or giving a free drink (which they think shuts you up)! They need to step up and provide better service and customer service. And they should be making it comfortable for people of all ethnicities to feel comfortable in their stores. Them not acknowledging the bad behavior adds to the racism and prejudices that exist today.

ABOUT a week ago my mother and I like every morning go to Starbucks in El Segundo/MANHATTAN Beach (California) and my mother asked the cashier what was wrong with her face because under her makeup were these welts that were getting bigger and going down her face to her neck and was it contagious. So the cashier got mad and said everybody was asking her this and she didn't like it.

So my mom was approached by Erin, the female MANAGER, and she told her how hurtful that was that the girl was crying and my mom is not allowed back in the store and she wants my mom's car removed and she also called the cops on her and my mom was standing with the cop explaining what happened so he said the mall is a public street and she cannot dictate where we parking and he would talk to her. So my mom told Erin the girl has a major problem and should not be working with food and should be on disability. I taped the MANAGER telling my mom to go and don't come back.

Every Sunday morning I go into the Starbucks near our church and continue to be delighted with their service and coffee. Jameslyn has been my barista it seems like since Day One. She has been tremendous, always knowing exactly how I like my coffee and asking how my week was. She and the others there have been super-friendly. It's like going to a friend's house every weekend.

I went after hours to have a meal and a glass of wine paying TOP DOLLAR. Well my food was cold so I asked to warm up. At the time the food was served I asked for another half of glass of wine. I suffer from severe back problems and I didn't want it to used my can, so I was walking funny. When I was leaving as soon I got in my car I was approached by cops in both sides. The officer asked me for my car key and I Gave to him. I asked if he can call my home, to my husband to came to get me.

When I'm in a stressful situations I get weak, so the officer saw me that I WAS NOT DRUNK I WAS WEAK AND SHOCK. HA HA HA STARBUCKS COFFEE I DIDN'T WENT TO JAIL HA HA HA HA. The officer told my husband that Starbucks Coffee call the police on me. I couldn't believe it because if they were concern why none ask me how I felt when I was walking out? Why harm me this way. Please do not have a glass of wine at Starbucks Coffee. You'll end up in jail.

They have a employee at the Starbucks in Clifton Colorado, who continually gets Younger woman with low self esteem all messed up on pills and takes advantage of them. He continues to laugh and do the things that he does. I refuse to see this man's face or to let up on Starbucks or the DR and Dr Office here in Colorado until they do something about this man's sick pedophile ways. They brought up a review at one point and since he is buddy, buddy with the manager it was swept under the rug. He will end up killing my son's Mom and other woman and I will not stop until SOMEBODY HEARS ME AND HELPS.

I have been a loyal Starbucks since 2008, the year that our smaller town finally got a Starbucks location. Since that time, they have expanded to three stores and one smaller store within our local Safeway/Ridley’s. I am a gold card holder, a very loyal Starbucks customer and have recently found myself defending Starbucks to a few people who had read misinformation and rumors about Starbucks to defend my continuing support of Starbucks.

Recently, I went to the store that I drive by each morning which is about ½ mile from my office. I always go every morning and again most afternoons to order a grande Americano with extra cream and one Splenda. Typically, the barista will put about one inch of ½ and ½ in my drink to accommodate my extra cream request, which is perfect. This inch of cream amounts to about ¼ C of cream. On my visit the morning of August 4th, I was informed by the employee that they would be charging an additional.60 for the “extra cream”. I told the employee that I come every day to get the same drink and have never been charged an additional amount for the extra cream.

She then told me that they have recently been told by their district manager that “corporate” says they must charge extra going forward. I then asked for the manager, who came to the window and apologized but agreed that they must charge extra, otherwise they would get into trouble. Recently, Starbucks introduced mobile orders on their app and at times, I’ll use the app to order the very same drink and then explained to the manager that when I put in my mobile order and request extra cream, the app charges me the normal price, so why would they charge me extra when the app doesn’t and “corporate” made the app? She didn’t have an answer and suggested that I use the app going forward if I didn’t want to pay the additional amount.

I wrote an e-mail to “corporate” the next day explaining what happened and requested a call back from the district manager. Corporate responded, apologized and credited my account $5 and also stated in the reply that any amount of cream over 4oz (1/2 C.) would have an additional charge and that the district manager had received my request for a phone call so I should hear back from them within 48 hours. I would agree that any amount of ½ and ½ over 4 oz or ½ C should have an additional charge as it’s really a breve’ drink at that point. My drink however, wasn’t even close to 4 oz.

About a week later, I called corporate as I had not received a call back from the district manager. I was told that they had made a note on the case that they would contact me and closed it. The customer service rep I spoke with stated that the district manager should not have actually closed it until I was contacted and that she would e-mail the district manager, also sending a CC to the district manager to which I should hear back within 48 hours. Another week went by with no phone call, once again I called and basically received the same response; again an e-mail has been sent to the district manager and the regional manager has also been CC’d the copy of the e-mail.

My loyalty to Starbucks over these years was based on many factors but two important factors were customer service and consistency. I knew that if I went to any Starbucks, I would receive great service and consistent drinks. I remember a time when “free drink” coupons seemed to be handed out to customers freely for various reasons, a person wouldn’t even have to ask and if they had been waiting long, a free drink ticket would be handed to you simply because they wanted to apologize for having taken so long to deliver your drink. The window employees were friendly and thanked you for patronizing the establishment.

I would admit, the free drink cards may have been handed out a bit too freely but now they are under lock and key and I haven’t seen a customer receive one nor have I been offered one in over a year, even when the wait for a drink was significant. More often than not, the window employee will hand me my drink and I’m the only one saying thank you. How is it that the only person saying thank you in this scenario is the customer? Should it not be the other way around? Should a customer be made to call three times to ask to speak with a manager only to be once again ignored? What happened to the Starbucks I was loyal to? I’m certain the local establishments will be grateful to have my business going forward.

I enjoy Starbucks coffee, food, and other beverages. But the last three times I bought a hot coffee to go, it leaked all over me. Imagine the frustration when you're on your way to an important business meeting and you're dealing with coffee spills on your suit. I don't understand how in the 20th century we still can't get this right. Dealing with this frustration is enough to make me reconsider the occasional stop for a cup of joe from Starbucks while traveling.

Starbucks Company Profile