2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5
Based on 1,512 ratings submitted in the last year

Starbucks Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

A few weeks ago, I went into Starbucks on Main St, in Brighton to study for my college psychology class. I ordered a pumpkin cream cold brew after a friend recommended it. When I got my drink, it looked very professional with the different layers of coffee and pumpkin cream. I stirred the two layers satisfyingly together and then took the first drink and I fell in love with the drink. The texture and taste were so creamy. The atmosphere was perfect for studying. I would 100% recommend the pumpkin cream cold brew to anyone who enjoys coffee or if you are looking for something different than the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

The Starbucks in Lakewood is nice and cozy but I like to see more tables than those lower chairs and small tables. It makes hard for people to sit down who are seniors like me. Also I this the coffee should be free on refills. Ruth is such a nice and friendly person. She even remembers your name. I think Starbucks is a good place to come to. The music isn't loud and you can hear yourself talk. Thank you Starbucks for making my day better. Service is good but bit pricing.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have been a Starbucks customer for years. The steadfastness of their quality service and coffee is second to none. The proof of their standards is the years and years of proven service and "customer-first" attitude. They get my money because they deserve it. Period.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I am a Canadian who was recently lost and looking for a company in Olympia Washington. My Canadian cell phone was unable to help and the Nav system in my car wasn't either, so I went into a Starbucks to get myself a much needed triple latte and ask if anyone could tell me where this shop was. The store manager, Lacey **, heard me asking a clerk if he knew where it was, and the next thing we knew she was looking it up on her phone and offered to write out directions on how we could get there. It was such a relief just to have the address and know that we would be able to find the object of our journey (the store was in Lacey, as it turned out)! Couldn't be more grateful for her kindness!

Original review: May 31, 2019

This Tuesday I had the most horrible experience with renting a car at the Orlando airport through Orbitz and Alamo. When I stopped at the Starbucks to get something to drink and rethink what I was going to do in my situation I was on the phone with the Orbitz manager who was completely useless and the cashier at the Starbucks in the airport overheard the conversation and decided to be helpful, thoughtful and she saved my faith in humanity!! I was on the phone arguing with the manager at Orbitz and ordered my drink, I went to put my credit card in the machine and she said, "You’re all good." I was already upset with everybody else I had ran into so I almost bit her head off thinking she was incompetent for not charging my card.

But no. She was not incompetent at all. She was the only thing that got me through that horrible day! I told her, "You didn’t charge my card," and she said, "I know. It’s on me today, I hope it helps your day get better!!" She did make me cry but it was a good cry so I didn’t catch her name but I wanted her to know she was amazing thoughtful!!! She renewed my faith in humanity with that much needed drink that meant more than you know!!! Thank truly Starbucks in the airport for NOT hiring jerks like the rest of the staff there!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Starbucks Zeeb Road Ann Arbor Michigan. Filthy...Overflowing trash cans...2 outdoors and 2 inside. Rude and disrespectful staff will not acknowledge customers. Never a smile or explanation of process. Overtly rude. Endemic. I've been there several time over the past year. Each time I give them the benefit of the doubt. No more. Never again!!!! Despicable behavior toward paying customer who has always tipped at a 20 plus percent rate.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I've been frequenting Starbucks for about 15 years now. It's more often than not been a daily habit for me and I've been to more of their stores (in multiple states) than I can even remember. One thing I started noticing is they routinely ran out of stock in their stores. That is to say, certain snack items and even certain beverage ingredients would be depleted very often. It got to the point where I would ask for a certain item and (almost every time) they'd tell me they had to check to see if they even had it.

I eventually asked a store employee why they keep running out of stuff and they told me that nobody IN the stores orders inventory, rather, corporate determines how much of what they should get. I assume what Starbucks is doing is maintaining a certain level of inventory that allows them to run out rather than have more than enough to satisfy demand (ya know, satisfy customers?) In doing this, they have less expired food to discard, but of course they are not adequately servicing their customers. I find this wholly unacceptable. If I'm willing to pay their exorbitant markups, (2 bucks for a pair of chocolate covered graham crackers or 4 bucks for a foamy hot beverage, for example), I want what I want when I want it. THAT is what I'm paying for, not to have to constantly choose alternatives to what I really want.

Another annoyance that I've found with their Stores is they routinely get my orders wrong. I'm not one to give a bunch of special instructions or make special requests. I have ordered the exact same simple beverage for something like 10 years, and yet they somehow manage to get a simple order wrong maybe 1/4 of the time.

Also, their prepaid Starbucks cards are a scam. They love when customers prepay because cards get lost, and people forget to use them, not to mention they get a huge infusion of cash that can be exploited for even more profit. I used to have a Starbucks card because I got free soy for my drinks, but they did away with that feature.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

My daughter ended up in the ER for two days with shigella after consuming a hot chocolate from Starbucks. We contacted the restaurant and they said there’s nothing they can do. Shigella is an extremely serious form of FOOD POISONING. I urge you to avoid this franchise. Well Seaman we need to customer service, when the situation turns serious they want nothing to do with it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Overworked, underpaid staff. Filthy, untidy stores. Title says it all. Moreover, too often long line-ups, not for the cash as much as for the coffee itself. Why, you ask? Well, see my title - understaffing. Bad management. Greedy CEO. Neighbours, family, and friends - we all do our best to avoid having to buy a coffee at any Starbucks store in Toronto. Anyone else thoroughly FED UP with Starbucks?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I trusted Starbucks and stored over $700 on my three Starbucks cards to earn reward points. On Nov 18, 2019 I received an email from Starbucks saying I requested to change my account password. I didn't. Feeling suspicious, I checked my Starbucks account and found that my balance is $50. I thought my account got hacked and someone stole my money. I called Starbucks to report it. They said Starbucks cancelled two of my cards and took away my money. No reason was given. No emails explaining what happened, or why it happened. Like all this wasn't enough they told me on the phone they are taking the remaining $50 balance and I have to file a complaint to get my money back. This all seemed unreal to me and hard to believe. Starbucks decided to take away my money and I have to complain to them to get it back.

I filed two complaints and was told that there is a risk associated with Starbucks cards and I won't get my money back. Because I purchased one $20 Starbucks card from a third party seller and transferred its balance to one of my cards, the entire balance of $680 + $20 is now gone. I'm now left with one option to get my money back which is to file a lawsuit against Starbucks. I was hoping to resolve this with Starbucks out of court, but unfortunately, Starbucks does not want this to happen. I believe this could set a precedence with Starbucks and puts its practice under legal scrutiny. Good for Starbucks and for its customers.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Starbucks Company Information