2.89/5
Based on 138 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

612 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

Hi. I had a very bad experience at the Starbucks on 200 East Pratt Street Baltimore MD at 9 pm on 6/16/2018. I asked for a cup of water and the young man behind the counter went off on me. He said they were closed and that he had a long day and doesn’t have time for this. The manager told him to give it to me. While he made it he continued to be hostile and belligerent. I’m still in shock.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I visit various Starbucks stores in my neighborhood of Del Mar, CA virtually every afternoon for an ice tea and a moment of relaxation to read and research. I am a well-known international businessman with an excellent reputation. Yesterday, while siting on the patio of the Del Mar Heights store (3485 Del Mar Heights Rd Ste A3, San Diego, CA 92130-2125) I was verbally accosted by both the store manager (**) and a man that I understood was an employee of Starbucks. The manager was in the midst of filing a report with a security guard at the shopping center when I walked up and asked if they were aware of an incident that I just experienced outside. The manager then said that I was “a ** old ** man, a ** and that I go there every afternoon hoping to get “lucky.”

I responded with," Wow, you have multiple incidents occurring at the same time," not realizing she was talking about me. I walked outside with the security guard and was informed that she was talking about me, having received a complaint from a woman (#1) in her late-20’s, that I was harassing her girlfriend (#2) whom was sitting across from us on the adjacent sofa.

The woman #1 indicated she was a “psychologist” (actually still a student) and that my friend and I should watch it because she “had the powers” (yes, pluralized). Not realizing what she was referring to, my friend and I proceeded to have a pleasant conversation with her girlfriend #2, discussing how she was about to take a vacation to Costa Rica and Peru with her fiancé after college graduation. We talked about the weather this time of year in the rainforest areas, and other small talk. Her girlfriend #2 was enjoying the conversation laughing and smiling throughout.

Then, suddenly, a man in his late 20’s, came out of Starbucks, sat across from us and told us to leave. I asked him “what was the problem” and he said, “we were harassing his fiancé”. Clearly, this wasn’t the case, but woman #1 (self-proclaimed psychologist) made him and the store manager believe that was the truth, adding that we were **, etc. I then understood what the #1 woman meant when she said she had “the powers”! Apparently, she meant the deviant powers to contrive a sexual allegation and report it to get her way with people (aka men). Hmmm, #metoo or #megotcha!

The man became belligerent as he approached me while I was sitting on the sofa. He got within my personal space and began physically threatening me to leave or else! I held my cool, never stood up as I didn’t want to be construed as threatening, despite my being twice his size. He was rabid in his hostile and threatening verbal and physically abuse threats, calling me a “fat old man”, etc. I asked him if he was prepared to spend a night in jail, as that would be where he was going if he furthered his attack. Perhaps, that sunk in.

Finally, he left with his fiancé and while the woman #1 was nowhere in sight. I was thinking of reporting the incident to the shopping center security but felt it wouldn’t lead to anything since they have no police authority. But, after going inside the store to go to the bathroom before leaving, I was verbally assaulted by the store manager with this outrageous and slanderous statement and accusations about me personally.

I never thought patronizing a Starbucks for an afternoon tea, with a friend from out of town, could be so harmful to one’s reputation, peace of mind and emotional spirit. The employee(s) demonstrated a total lack of professionalism, respect, judgment, courtesy and ability to qualify or discern the reality of the situation. Middle aged gentlemen, making small talk with adult women that are sitting 5 feet in front of them, on a facing sofa, for more than a half hour, is not assault, **, stalking, harassment, or anything worthy of the treatment I received while being a peaceful and polite customer of that Starbucks store.

But wait, there’s more. Amazingly, just a week prior, I was sitting on the same sofa having a tea while catching up on the news on my smartphone. A young boy (about 10 years old) came up to me and asked me to move. I said no. He repeated himself. I asked him why and he said because he and his friends wanted to sit there. I said they were welcome to pull up some chairs and use the other sofa across from me. I then asked him what was the problem. He said they make a lot of noise.

The boys sat and played a video game. I noticed they were very polite to each other, one even telling his friend to finish his lunch before it got cold. About 30 minutes later they were getting up to leave and I told the original boy that his demand for me to leave was very rude. I suggested the polite statement would have been, “excuse me sir, would you mind if my friends and I sat here?”, adding that they: “tend to make a lot of noise.” It appears the Del Mar Heights Shopping Center has issues with spoiled, impolite behavior. But, wait, everyone already knows that! So, Starbucks, how is that “Sensitivity Training” working out for you? Guess, what? It is endemic within their righteous, liberal, snowflake culture and will never be fixed! P.S. The security guy was very polite, respectful and said he was sorry I had to go through the experience.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Increase on cup of coffee June 2018 - Spoiled my daily intake (habit) of purchasing the tall (small) cup of Java for 1.95. 2.15 is too much already and I was a Gold Carder. Goodnight to the SBucks because it's just not really worth it. There's other coffee-places & get adventuresome and brew thy own at home before leaving every morning as alternative. I wondered why I was forking up the increase to the card more frequent during the past couple of weeks. Duhh, I never thought there was an increase and that's all I get there or that was what I always looked forward to and in this case, making my own's more like it anyway. (Just my own 20 cents noting on the increase to farewell-it).

Original review: June 5, 2018

Starbucks on the Ave in the U-District is a big A+ for our community. Their service, food and beverages are top of the line. I love going in there to have some coffee and sometimes food and visit with friends.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I know many gift cards are not refundable. But when there is a statement on the back of Starbucks gift card package as "Refunds only provided for unused cards with the original receipt" printed, I would expect there was a system in place to handle that. But I found that was not the case. I accidentally grabbed a gift card with wrong amount at Safeway. I tried to return it right away but Safeway said they did not give refunds for gift cards. I called Starbucks and was told Safeway should and I needed to talk to the store manager. Back at Safeway, I was told I needed to talk to Starbucks' customer service manager. Starbucks should change its policy to "Gift cards are NOT refundable."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: May 22, 2018

Spent almost $1,500 at Starbucks and didn’t gave me my rewards. Been a gold member on or before year 2011 but representative said there’s nothing they can do. I emailed the corporate 2 to 3 times but got nothing. What a poor communicator.

Original review: May 17, 2018

This store (Fremont & Wilson Starbucks in Cali) is my favorite and they always have things right. The customer service is great and so are my drinks. I drive past 3 Starbucks that are closer to me to get to this location thanks to the amazing customer service.

Original review: May 10, 2018

With all the talk in the news about torture I decided to google a video on waterboarding. Sadly the first thing I see is an ad for Starbucks. It's very disturbing to see these images affiliated with Starbucks. Please be more selective about where you spam people.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I am VERY upset with my experience today. I ordered a Americana at the drive through at a very slow time. I paid lady with app and then she disappeared, I waited extra long and then a man came and handed me my drink after someone else was behind me on the drive through. When I picked up my drink for first time while driving the lid popped off and the coffee spilled on my hand burning it, my lap, my envelope I was mailing with a check, my car and car seat. I am lucky I did not get into an accident. I called store and spoke with manager to tell her what happened. I am very offended by her response, she said sorry and explained how it could not possibly be their fault because they triple check the lid. OBVIOUSLY they did not and I should not have had to argue with her.

HORRIBLE customer service, HORRIBLE. Your store burnt me, ruined some of my car and envelope and truly shook me up and that was the response from your manager??? She said I could come back and get a refund... Seriously???? After that experience I am going to drive back and waste my time??? I want to make an incident report and she should have offered that. If she was professional I would not have insisted. Obviously I had to wait a long time and a different barista came over and grabbed coffee that lid was not on correctly. Shame on your store. I want an incident report emailed to me ASAP. I have been a long time customer and after that incident I will support small coffee shops. I even googled this store and they have awful customer service reviews.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I was in the drive thru at the Barranca Ave. West Covina Starbucks yesterday at 3:40pm. I was picking up 3 grande ice tea for coaches at a nearby high school baseball game. I asked to have each ring up separately. I was told that there is a limit of 2 transactions at the drive thru??? Funny, a week earlier I ordered 4 separate orders at the same drive thru without any trouble? The car in front of me had 4 separate transactions as I watched the customer have her phone scanned 4 separate times?

When I questioned the girl at the window she tried to talk around it. I asked for the general manager but unfortunately, Yolanda was on vacation. I was given a girl who said she was the lead. I asked her why I was limited to 2 transactions and she said this is a new policy that went into effect the first of the year? I told her that was not true and she looked "busted" saying she would "do me this one time favor"???? I was also charged for Venti instead of my ordered Grande drinks??? I called corporate to inquire on this "new policy" in which they confirmed there is NO SUCH POLICY!!! Employees at Starbucks need to stop biting the hand that feeds them due to their personal laziness!!! With all the recent bad press and rise in prices Starbucks could go down in flames easily!!!

I also visited the Starbucks on Lemon Ave. in Walnut, Ca going thru the drive thru. I wanted to reload my gold Starbucks card with my debit card. Also took my gold card and debit card to reload. Then he asked to see my picture ID? This is a first in all the years I have had a gold card with Starbucks? I told him no one ever asks for my ID as my name matches on both my debit and Starbucks card? He replied," well they all are doing it wrong, I am going by policy"??? Then he asked me to sign a receipt for the load to my card? When I asked for a copy of what I signed he said he could not give me a copy??? I asked for a manager, in which Gus, (a lead) came to the window. I demanded the signed receipt back and called Starbucks corporate about such a shady incident.

Original review: April 15, 2018

First of all I used to go to Starbucks everyday, but they just been too expensive and every time I go there was a mistake with my drink. To top it all they don’t give Military Discount! Now watching the news seeing 2 ** men arrested just definitely took my motivation to ever buy a drink from there.

Original review: April 12, 2018 Please get your ACT together and start recycling, and not pretending to toe the environment line. It's obvious to people that are in the industry this is the case.

Teach your employees "moly" that maybe they should learn the values of actually reducing. This is not the first time for me, but will be the last... of being disappointed over and over again from a GIANT corporation like Starbucks to so frequently produce so much waste. Me, enter Starbucks with own cup... order drink. Employee- uses Plastic Starbuck cup... mixes drink and pours it into my reusable mug...

Does this make sense? The fact I attempt to use my own reusable travel mug (my decision) and the "Starbucks Corporation" forces the consumer to participate in wasting... She argued that what's "the difference"... "Contact Starbucks and they will review it..." My complaint is with the company's LAXed standards, which result to the employees also being environmentally irresponsible. Again this is not my first negative experience of this nature. Thaner ** (former Starbucks consumer).

Original review: April 12, 2018

The flat whites provided at most Starbucks stores are delicious. They are creamy and dense and if made correctly, they will leave a nice layer of foam surrounding the cup. They are also great to make latte art with.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have been visiting the Starbucks at Albertson's store on Lake Hazel Road now for over a year. I could not be more pleased with the wonderful customer service from all their staff. They are friendly, fast, accurate and always have the answers to any questions I may have regarding their products. A great experience each visit!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Why do we continue to take the nonsense offered us by Starbucks??? Each establishment makes your drinks differently than the other. What is the problem with the training??? I tried to get online and request points be credited to my account and the site kept responding a no to access. So, I changed the password and once again "no" to access. Of course after 3X locked out for 24 hours. Really... it is a coffee company reward card... not a bank!

Original review: March 24, 2018

After seeing reloads on my account and then a $55 transfer, I called Starbucks customer service at 800-782-7282 and Debra advised that it will take 7-10 business days to reverse the charge off my credit account. Also, she couldn't tell me where the $55 transfer went to. Therefore, I escalated it to Shalene, supervisor, as I needed someone to resolve this charge in a more timely manner. She reiterated that since it was an online charge, it will take 7-10 business days to resolve it with my bank.

I said, "That doesn't make sense... If I returned a coffee mug at Starbucks, the reversal would happen immediately." She continued to say the same thing... Which (as you can imagine) saying "7-10 business days" in an online world no longer makes sense. Also, the fraudulent charge was able to go through immediately... But the reversal for it was not. Shame on them! Would NOT have expected that after being a loyal Starbucks customer for over 10 years.

Original review: March 21, 2018

On Friday March 16th around 3:30 pm I went to Starbucks drive-through on 800 Oakdale Rd., Modesto. I ordered a drink that was supposed to nonfat milk, but they gave me a drink that contained Almond milk. I am highly allergic to almond milk and I had to take emergency actions after taking one drink. The cup was not labeled or written on as their usual procedure. When I went back inside they said “oh sorry we gave you the car's drink that was behind. Here’s yours.” I informed them of the seriousness of their mistake. My hives have finally cleared up. I reported it to Starbucks and I have a case number. They need a policy to ensure they give customers the right order which could be simply restating the order before they hand it to the customer outside the drive-through window.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Toasted Butterscotch Frapp is delicious!! Wish I could say the same about the sandwiches we bought this morning! Really VERY disgusting both to look at then spit out! Neither smelled good to begin with, and the buns on both were stale. Sausage was old on the chicken sausage biscuit, with no sign of chicken, unless you count a blob of goop! Bacon was not cooked properly on either that sandwich, nor the bacon egg cheese sandwich. Visibly inedible, we would not have risked the uncooked bacon and whatever other strange things were on there! Obviously, we DO want refund for this poor Starbucks ‘offering’. Unfortunately, did not have my Starbucks card with me, so had to charge Visa. Then the girl at the drive-thru window neglected to offer my receipt!

Original review: March 14, 2018

The Starbucks in Sudbury Ontario is a disgrace to Starbucks everywhere. It is old, outdated and dirty. The floor is worn out in places and doesn't ever seem to be cleaned. The countertop where the cash registers are is peeling - it looks just awful. The tables are small and wobbly. The fireplace is almost never on. The light fixtures and ceiling are full of greasy dust. It is horrible. The poor baristas who have to work there have my sympathy. Why doesn't this store have to clean up their act - and their store...

Original review: March 12, 2018

I am suffering from a health condition where I cannot have cheese in my sandwich. As Starbucks has no "no cheese sandwich" option I usually ask the serving barista to remove the cheese from the sandwich before heating it up. This Starbucks is located in University Blvd W. (32207) at Jacksonville FL. The Barista did not want to remove the cheese and when I asked her nicely to do so she started mocking me like a 6 year old kid (except in a psychotic way). Then to top it all she literally "destroyed" my chicken sandwich just because I asked her (nicely) to take the cheese off.

I wonder how much these baristas are getting paid as they are unwilling to take off cheese of sandwiches? I returned home and called up Starbucks call center. After a 45 minute conversation (with a guy who was literally high on something) I was awarded a $25 coupon and was assured the Barista will be "taken care of". I went back to the same Starbucks today (3/11/18) after 90 days and guess what! The mentally deranged Barista is still working there making coffee, I guess Starbucks 'took care' of my complaint with the $25 coupon only. That's corporate policy for ya!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I personally love Starbucks! I don’t usually get it that often but when I do I always get the same thing. I get a caramel frappe. Now here is the thing when you go to certain Starbucks locations. I usually go to the same one every time so they know my order, but when I go to a more convenient one for a quick drink they always mess up my order. That is not really a big deal but when they start getting angry with me I get upset. I can understand where they are coming from. But I always want to try something new but I am not sure if I will like it. And it would be a waste of money to buy something and not like it. I wish there was a way that you could sample a drink for free or little charge.

But overall I love Starbucks. The baristas are nice. The place is clean. They have outstanding drinks and foods. So I think that if you have not gone to Starbucks before you should definitely try it! Please let me know if there is a way to sample a drink before buying it like a tiny sample for little or no charge! I give Starbucks a deserving ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

This store has problems Manhattan Beach... Rosecrans and Douglas - From lukewarm coffee and soggy whipped cream to asking for a refill and upon showing gold card inadvertently charged on screen 1.99 purchase price by the male manager...to being told by Jenn barista to, "Go away. We'll call you regarding winning a raffle..." and as of today... briefly plugging in my travel blender to brief spurts of ten second noise so I can have a morning breakfast drink. Was again told by Jenn I was disruptive and could not plug it in at the table while noise from blenders in their kitchen blasted everyone's ears... contradictory. Coffee sucks along with the air conditioning and stupid request of a homeless kid to leave if he wasn't buying anything while homeless guy with dirty filthy backpack\surplus sack parks himself every morning at same table.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Double Charged - No Refund - No Accountability. Last Friday, January 12th, 2018, around 630 AM (PST) I bought my wife a Starbucks E-Giftcard. The amount was for $15.00. I have done this a few times prior and every purchase was without fault. Had my wife not called me and told me thanks for the gift card(s) I would have been none the wiser. I checked my emails and sure enough she was right. For some reason it duplicated my order. That means it charged me twice. I checked my bank account and it confirmed a double charge. I get it, mistakes happen. Obviously a system error. I called the phone # on the email and went through their horrible automated system that takes like 5 minutes to navigate. After locating the right department I was on hold for about 5 minutes just to hear the representative say I reached the wrong department.

In her defense, she did attempt to transfer me over to the correct department but the department was either too busy or unable to take my call at that time and she advised me to call them back. At that time I was getting annoyed. I advised her I will not call back since this was their error and that I would like to speak to a supervisor. I was then placed on hold for about 15 minutes then spoke with a supervisor who then told me again that they couldn't help me and that she will attempt to transfer me to the correct party. Her 'attempt' was a failed one as all she did was blind transfer me to their automated queue only to go through another automated process of verifying who I am then I was on hold for about 40 minutes.

Finally spoke with a guy who advised they technically were not a part of Starbucks but a 3rd party that Starbucks uses to handle their egift purchases. He verified that both of the purchases and cancelled one and that I will be getting a refund immediately and should receive an email within 5 to 10 minutes. 3 DAYS LATER... Still no word from anyone. No confirmation. No email. No refund. I've sent numerous emails only to have some automated response that they are sorry and will attempt to call me (last Friday). No phone calls either. This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with Starbucks. They took my money, although it's a small amount it's still mine and I did NOT authorize a charge. Obviously it's a duplicate because the ecard and message are the exact same and ordered at the exact time 635am. I didn't order 2. Just the 1. So now I have to chase them down over $15 bucks. This is a waste of my time.

Am I going to order from Starbucks in the future? Probably because my wife loves them. She said to let it go and she will just keep the duplicate. She can't now because the guy said it's been cancelled. But maybe it isn't. Maybe it is. I have nothing to go off of except their word which doesn't mean anything at this point. Just another big corporation that doesn't care about the consumers. They got so big they forgot how to make good coffee which is why I never drink theirs. I prefer Peet's Coffee or Coffee Bean anyways. So Starbucks if you're reading this, just know you lost your vision. Maybe you need to reread your mission statement again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Starbucks, 19127 Biscayne Blvd (Aventura), Florida - This place is located in the one of the beautiful locations at Aventura Florida but it is so dirty and nasty. The are never empty the trash outside during the day or clean the place. Complained many times, send to Starbucks letters with pictures attached, asking for action. Nothing been done.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The Texas City Starbucks has the best people working. They are always friendly and helpful. But the morning staff goes above and beyond even at their busiest times! Food is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Service and quality of foods were good in Starbucks. Clean place to eat and drink. We didn't have to wait too long to get helped. Many items were available.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The staff was very helpful in my selection of the ice coffee, never order one prior to this visit. Great experience. Very friendly and professional plus the drink was great.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Great coffee selections, the food could use some improvement based on what I have tried. I believe that is premade and stored in a refrigerator and then taken out and warmed up later.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Fantastic, outrageous and love it. The most delicious thing I have tasted out of all coffees. This is the best one. Thank you for making it nice to enjoy.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

The staff is incredibly friendly & helpful, making an effort to know everybody & how they like their purchases. They are fast especially with the mobile orders.

Starbucks Company Information