2.09/5

624 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I called customer service to ask them to add my receipt from the store so I can have a stars added to my account. I explain to the representative that I left my phone at home that's why I have to pay cash. And his response was rude, well it's a one-time thing and it's my fault that I left my phone home. Seriously!!! This is how you treat a customer who spends thousands of dollars a year for coffee and food at their place! Never going back to Starbucks again, I don't want to deal with people like that when I need help! and it's not like I was asking for free stars or rewards, I pay my money and I want my stars to be added to my account!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Starbucks stores are freezing!! Especially on days where the temperature is between 60-80 degrees. I've complained on at least 3 occasions, but their temperature controls for AC are in Seattle. Unbelievable. Furthermore, coffee is bitter (most of my friends agree) and the app is full of glitches. Another example of how corporate offices can be out of touch with customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Bought the Milk Frother at the official Starbucks website. Had been a client for years. Paid twice as much as similar product on stores because I thought that a company like Starbucks would check the quality and consequently back up their providers, all to find out that the product is of a very poor quality. Used it for not more than 20 times, paid $59.95 + Tax for a product that didn't last at all. When calling Starbucks customer service, they need all sort of information, to corroborate that it is actually one of their products.

There is a metal sticker at the bottom of the appliance, with a model number, and STARBUCKS in big black letters. Also there is an imprint of the brand in the carafe, that seems not to be enough, they need a receipt. Unbelievable. They sell you some cheap appliance that you can get for a third of the price at any grocery store and won't take responsibility when it brakes. After a while, the CS representative, became repetitive, completely useless, and I said I was disappointed and won't be a customer anymore of a company that do not stand by their customers, she hung up on me. Great!! I kind of regret being so nice and civil because I felt utterly insulted by the company, their lack of commitment and rude response from their employee. Terrible company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I went to a Starbucks and asked for a small coffee. The clerk taking my order began to educate me about what the sizes of cups were called, what a barista was and what Starbucks represented. I indicated to him that I did not want to learn any of what he was telling me, that I felt no compelling need to learn their corporate culture and that, please, may I have a small coffee. He became bellicose. I assured him that he would not suffer my presence in his coffee shop in the future. I won’t be back and BTW, the coffee tasted burnt.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I find the overhead music to be offensively pervasive and berating common intelligence most of the times with the unknown artist’s lyrics. The lyrics are very antagonistic and condescend the listener's (in this case mine) feelings, thoughts, and activities leaving me to personally feel attacked and vulnerable to the programming it’s perpetrating in my unconscious mind.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I received a promotional email to buy $10 eGift card through Visa checkout and receive a $10 eGift card in return. It's been over a month and I was told I would receive it on Sept 30, 2017 but I still have not received it. My son also bought into this promotion and has not gotten his either. After several calls Starbucks said first that it was sent and then another rep said they only gave it to a few people and a third said they don't see our order even though we had confirmation numbers from Starbucks. It is false advertising and a scam. The reps will not help us or give us our money back. Visa checkout won't help either because they said it's Starbucks' problem not theirs. Isn't false advertising against the law? Hate Starbucks and will not go there ever again. I just want my hard earned money back for me and my son.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The stores can make their own rules which contrast with corporate policies and the Head Office don't even care about it. We even showed the store manager about the policies but they're ignored. We spent so much money to get to gold level and got my benefit waived because of their inconsistency. I never got any phone call from their manager to explain why they did it. Such a big disappointment for a big company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Starbucks sends out an email indicating, "You are upgraded to a gold card." Woohoo. They say they offer you a free drink or food item of your choice, yet at the counter they deny it. Really. These programs are only gimmicks to get you in the store and spend more money. Every stupid retailer or restaurant engages in this tactic. A pizza place offers you a free personal pizza but the clerks push drinks and other crap on you. You spend more than the free personal pan pizza. Stay away from these gimmicks. I'm tossing the card out. And, a big reason why we have the health problems related to diabetes and obesity in this country is due to these designer coffee drinks. Do you really need a coffee with lots of high calories and sugar, milk, whipped cream and other garbage? One drink has around 64 carbs. You are better off eating a slice of pie. Save money and skip the designer coffee drinks. Skip the so-called rewards.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

They never get your drink wrong. Employees are very friendly and professional. Great selection and always list calories and ingredients. Not last a nice place to read and enjoy the atmosphere.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My husband goes in there to get latte. There's not much I could get because of being borderline diabetic. I wish they had nutrition posting such as carbs for everything they have including drinks.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've always loved Starbucks because they were nice and clean. I assumed buying items would come with reasonable return policy because the quality seemed high and the prices too. My wife bought me a coffee grinder for Christmas in 2016. The blade came off this morning and I thought it would be easy to return, I carried it all the way downtown and asked them if they had any warranty with things they sell, they were rude, accused me of stretching the dates and implied I was unreasonable to expect a grinder to work more than a few years even though the truth is I hardly ever used it. They said they would give me the customer service phone no. and I waited 20 minutes for that. Then I waited for 20 minutes minimum for a person, my ear was sore from the cell phone, I switched ears and talked to the rep who said "ALL items are only returnable for 30 days" with receipt.

WOW I couldn't believe it! What about 200 dollar espresso machines? And other items? But he said no. I said "I would NEVER buy anything from a store with that policy and I would spread this information around as much as possible because it is really surprising to know." I laughed and said "You won't even offer a free cup of coffee or anything will you?" He hung up. I'm really disappointed, I don't know where I'll go for my coffee now, maybe a new company will come along so I can go there.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I am pleased with the number of selections available and the customer service. They will offer suggestions too. I wanted a beverage with chocolate, so they had suggestions for me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Love the choices of hot and cold drinks. There's enough variety on breakfast and lunch items to fit anyone's palate. Customer service baristas are great, efficient, knowledgeable and get everything quickly done.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The coffee is next to none and the treats and food are very good also.The staff are all knowledgeable and friendly. They all know what I want before I ask for it because they all know me. I think that's awesome!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Quality is excellent. No other place has a vanilla chai with such robust flavor and it is consistent in every Starbucks I have visited from the US to China to Australia, although they are hard to find there.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have only purchased their coffee. Their prices are a little expensive for my taste. I have gotten gift cards from friends for Starbucks and have enjoyed trying out different coffees. Most every town has a shop there so it is easy to find.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Terrific espresso - strong but not bitter! Also very friendly and dedicated baristas. They remember my name and my drink! I just wish there was more seating at each Starbucks store.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The products are consistent, the servers polite, the atmosphere pleasant. I can rely on Starbucks provide me with good coffee. Most of the time, I prepare my own coffee at home. Starbucks is a treat!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Excellent place to eat. Atmosphere is very relaxing. Would recommend anyone to eat there. Will be going back very soon. Love the variety of food and beverage.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I would like the menu for lunch to be expand, they seem to be catering to more breakfast food than lunch. Some people like the atmosphere so they come during lunch and have coffee but there's only a few good sandwiches on the menu. My favorite is turkey pesto.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Food and drinks are excellent, and priced that way. Customer service is also above par. The store has an automatic door opener for wheelchair users, which I appreciate. The store is always clean and well-stocked.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

There are only several food items that I get, the price could be lower, they are tasty. They could use more healthy options that are not pre-made boxes. Drinks are good but could use slightly lower price point.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

It depends on the management of each establishment as to the quality of service, the friendliness of the employees and cleanliness. It's always nice when the employee gets your order correct.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

When you get a good Barista you get a good drink but those are hard to come by at Starbucks. Now if you ask them to remake your drink some of them are okay with it but others have a lot of machismo or just way too much attitude. The consistency of the drink tasting as it should from different locations is rare here in El Paso. If I would recommend anything I would recommend Mesa Street in the Westside. There's a girl there by the name of Vanessa. She's actually a great barista.

As for the location near Bassett on Geronimo that is the worst location to go to. The customer service there is horrible. The consistency of the drink tasting the same or as it should is also horrible but them speaking to the customers with such low class is just beyond my imagination for a expensive cup of coffee. When I asked the girl to remake my drink she told me to get out of my car and go watch the Barista make it to see if she's making it right. What am I the damn CEO. Starbucks is a disappointment. They portray themselves to be good Christians. They should try hiring some.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Starbucks does a great job of getting to know its repeat customers, their regular orders, and calling them by name. They make you feel like a valued customer!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

On my birthday, I got some treats at Starbucks, I wanted to get coffee but the staff help me choose something better, green tea latte. They were very kind and helpful which contributed to my birthday. The latte was also really good, my first green tea latte.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Phenomenal customer service is the key for success and they got it down Patten. Every time greeted with a smile. Coffee second to none. Good breakfast sandwiches.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I like the rewards program and the variety of drinks and specials. They have a good attitude, always ready to serve and make the drink the way you want it.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Starbucks coffee consistently is excellent; breakfast sandwiches are large and delicious; lunch options are less appealing because of esoteric offerings; employees appear engaged and customer-focused.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I am addicted to Starbucks coffee. Very unmotivated staffs though. If you walk into any Starbucks, you will encounter a variety of “cool nerds” with absolutely no awareness of the customers' time. More often than not, I get to relive whatever dysfunctional evening/weekend experience discussed/debated between the employees as the line grows and people question themselves as to why they keep coming back. It's the coffee. I even grind Starbucks French roast at home daily.

Starbucks Company Information