1.90/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

636 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The customer service is also great. Will make the coffee as you wish. Even willing to help you decide what you want or try come close. The food is okay. Pastries are Great...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I like coffee with just a bit of cream. Not all this flavorings with high fructose corn syrup. When you receive an iced drink you receive a full cup of ice with little drink in it. Coffee is too expensive. Rather go to a cafe and always receive free refills. Won't happen there.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Good choices but need not to run out all schedules not the same. My breakfast hours are later than business folks or school children who frequent the area restaurant.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Starbucks is not taking responsibility for stopping franchisees from blocking access to updates for operating system security from Microsoft and others. This makes the store a haven for thieves and hackers that victimize customers. A boo and hiss is in order, go to McDonald's instead.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

In my area I am having consistent problems across all stores. The coffee never seems to taste right. I call the 800 number. They apologize and give me a nominal credit. It's ridiculous. I must have called their corp office at least 50 times. What does it take to get your stores trained to make a cup of coffee properly? You are a coffee company after all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Dear Starbucks Team, received poor service in the O'Hare Oasis on Thursday, Nov 30, 2017. Not only was I sold a bag of goods; the attendant told me that with over $20 I would receive $5 back, so I dutifully ordered another $4,50 item to reach the amount, to which she said, "Sorry the cash register didn't work. I can't make good on the offer!" What??!! Seriously??! Are we in the US? Then I could get a receipt (for my expenses) because the same attendant threw out the receipt without asking and wasn't willing to get it or print another one? Seriously??!!! To make things worse my venti caramel macchiato which I needed after 20 hours of flight time, didn't get made. Sorry?!!! "That 's what y'all call "service"?!! I'm never upset and rarely served poorly in your stores but this one is an exception that drove me to write you. Hope you fix your problems. I'm done with y'all.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Absolutely adore Starbucks coffee, whether bagged, brewed or K-cups. I sometimes have to wait five minutes for a 'pour over' since I often order decaf or 1/2 caf. That I don't understand, especially since it's late afternoon or early evening, when decaf would be needed. However, the coffee is wonderful, service done with a smile and the store atmosphere is welcoming.

I have two distinctly bad reviews about products I wanted to share. The first is the Mocha coffee K-cup I found in a discount bin at my grocery store. It was SO awful, I took two sips, threw out the rest of the cup and returned the rest to the store. It had a metallic, artificial taste that was unlike anything I've ever tasted and was undrinkable.

The second is the new Christmas mug called the "wink mug." It is adorably cute and the texture is smooth and almost soft to the touch. Yellow handle and one winking eye, plus it's microwavable, which my gray/gold "Scales" anniversary mug from Starbucks is not. What could possibly be wrong with it? Well, for one, you can't hold it with one hand. It is very wide and requires two hands. The second is the lip of the mug hit my teeth each time I took a sip, and I don't have especially long teeth. Jarring! It's going back as well. Seriously, those are the only two products of Starbucks I've ever hated. I don't like the blonde roast, but that's just because of the lemon flavor in the roast.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I Go to the Starbucks in Newnan Georgia (#8569) Just about every day. I want thank Dilland (assistant manager) for always taking good care OF me. He even knows me by name. This is why I come here so much. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

It seems as though Starbucks are forgetting that customer service and respect is the basis of any business. The locations are now making bad cups of coffee, being disrespectful to customers, and if you complain they have a nerve to want to argue with you. The managers are just as unprofessional as the baristas. The management only want numbers for their store not good customer service. I have been a loyal customer of Starbucks for years but I am done with this type of treatment. Taking my business to Panera Bread. At least I am treated respectfully and they correct errors.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I received my bank statement and noticed two back to back unauthorized charges for 50 dollars each. I have called Starbucks over ten times to get this resolved. Three times they hung up on me. The rest were a mix of random options, none of which has seen my money returned. I don't drink coffee nor have I ever had a Starbucks card. They have said that my bank has to do a recharge for the amount, when asked why they could not do it, they responded by saying they do not have my credit card info. I attempted to provide it they said no. I asked them how did they take my money and not have my info.

Worse of all I am disabled and on a fixed income, this unauthorized charge is gonna cause my electricity to be shut off for lack of funds which will possibly have me lose my housing support because one of the rules to get help is to not have electricity shut off. I have told them this and they still don't seem to care. This started on Oct 4th and they still have my money and will not help me. For being such a community conscious company. They are horrible at the way they treat you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Starbucks is getting more and more pricey for a bad cup of whatever you drink. Everyone is sucked into this need to spend half your paycheck for a bad cup of Joe. Just because it's trendy. The quality of service and product has drop over the years but the price keeps going up, up, up. I am coming from a place where I see my wife spend hundreds a month on her favorite a Chai tea. The thing that gets me is they never ever get it right when she orders. Ever. 99 percent of the time they forget to put the whip cream on even when she says "Don't forget the whip cream." Or it will come warm not hot. Think about it. A drink that cost $4.80 you think you could at least make it right. Just so done with paying their prices for a sub par at best drink.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Well, I have had a lot of issues using my Starbucks card. I called customer service to get a new card over a year ago and never received my card. I didn't have time to call and get a new card so I just didn't use it. Also, your customer service is God awful and I am upset that I go to Starbucks every week to get a coffee, as well as, my wife and I am never able to get the point. Next, I was never able to use my card on my birthday because it would not register that I have a free birthday drink. Thanks for that. It's just disappointing that this company can give two ** about the customer. Thanks for the ** service over the years. Lastly, try to get employees that have a better outlook on life. They all seem to be depressed. Thanks or should I say, "No thanks."

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I called customer service to ask them to add my receipt from the store so I can have a stars added to my account. I explain to the representative that I left my phone at home that's why I have to pay cash. And his response was rude, well it's a one-time thing and it's my fault that I left my phone home. Seriously!!! This is how you treat a customer who spends thousands of dollars a year for coffee and food at their place! Never going back to Starbucks again, I don't want to deal with people like that when I need help! and it's not like I was asking for free stars or rewards, I pay my money and I want my stars to be added to my account!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Starbucks stores are freezing!! Especially on days where the temperature is between 60-80 degrees. I've complained on at least 3 occasions, but their temperature controls for AC are in Seattle. Unbelievable. Furthermore, coffee is bitter (most of my friends agree) and the app is full of glitches. Another example of how corporate offices can be out of touch with customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Bought the Milk Frother at the official Starbucks website. Had been a client for years. Paid twice as much as similar product on stores because I thought that a company like Starbucks would check the quality and consequently back up their providers, all to find out that the product is of a very poor quality. Used it for not more than 20 times, paid $59.95 + Tax for a product that didn't last at all. When calling Starbucks customer service, they need all sort of information, to corroborate that it is actually one of their products.

There is a metal sticker at the bottom of the appliance, with a model number, and STARBUCKS in big black letters. Also there is an imprint of the brand in the carafe, that seems not to be enough, they need a receipt. Unbelievable. They sell you some cheap appliance that you can get for a third of the price at any grocery store and won't take responsibility when it brakes. After a while, the CS representative, became repetitive, completely useless, and I said I was disappointed and won't be a customer anymore of a company that do not stand by their customers, she hung up on me. Great!! I kind of regret being so nice and civil because I felt utterly insulted by the company, their lack of commitment and rude response from their employee. Terrible company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I went to a Starbucks and asked for a small coffee. The clerk taking my order began to educate me about what the sizes of cups were called, what a barista was and what Starbucks represented. I indicated to him that I did not want to learn any of what he was telling me, that I felt no compelling need to learn their corporate culture and that, please, may I have a small coffee. He became bellicose. I assured him that he would not suffer my presence in his coffee shop in the future. I won’t be back and BTW, the coffee tasted burnt.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I find the overhead music to be offensively pervasive and berating common intelligence most of the times with the unknown artist’s lyrics. The lyrics are very antagonistic and condescend the listener's (in this case mine) feelings, thoughts, and activities leaving me to personally feel attacked and vulnerable to the programming it’s perpetrating in my unconscious mind.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I received a promotional email to buy $10 eGift card through Visa checkout and receive a $10 eGift card in return. It's been over a month and I was told I would receive it on Sept 30, 2017 but I still have not received it. My son also bought into this promotion and has not gotten his either. After several calls Starbucks said first that it was sent and then another rep said they only gave it to a few people and a third said they don't see our order even though we had confirmation numbers from Starbucks. It is false advertising and a scam. The reps will not help us or give us our money back. Visa checkout won't help either because they said it's Starbucks' problem not theirs. Isn't false advertising against the law? Hate Starbucks and will not go there ever again. I just want my hard earned money back for me and my son.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The stores can make their own rules which contrast with corporate policies and the Head Office don't even care about it. We even showed the store manager about the policies but they're ignored. We spent so much money to get to gold level and got my benefit waived because of their inconsistency. I never got any phone call from their manager to explain why they did it. Such a big disappointment for a big company.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Starbucks sends out an email indicating, "You are upgraded to a gold card." Woohoo. They say they offer you a free drink or food item of your choice, yet at the counter they deny it. Really. These programs are only gimmicks to get you in the store and spend more money. Every stupid retailer or restaurant engages in this tactic. A pizza place offers you a free personal pizza but the clerks push drinks and other crap on you. You spend more than the free personal pan pizza. Stay away from these gimmicks. I'm tossing the card out. And, a big reason why we have the health problems related to diabetes and obesity in this country is due to these designer coffee drinks. Do you really need a coffee with lots of high calories and sugar, milk, whipped cream and other garbage? One drink has around 64 carbs. You are better off eating a slice of pie. Save money and skip the designer coffee drinks. Skip the so-called rewards.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

They never get your drink wrong. Employees are very friendly and professional. Great selection and always list calories and ingredients. Not last a nice place to read and enjoy the atmosphere.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

My husband goes in there to get latte. There's not much I could get because of being borderline diabetic. I wish they had nutrition posting such as carbs for everything they have including drinks.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've always loved Starbucks because they were nice and clean. I assumed buying items would come with reasonable return policy because the quality seemed high and the prices too. My wife bought me a coffee grinder for Christmas in 2016. The blade came off this morning and I thought it would be easy to return, I carried it all the way downtown and asked them if they had any warranty with things they sell, they were rude, accused me of stretching the dates and implied I was unreasonable to expect a grinder to work more than a few years even though the truth is I hardly ever used it. They said they would give me the customer service phone no. and I waited 20 minutes for that. Then I waited for 20 minutes minimum for a person, my ear was sore from the cell phone, I switched ears and talked to the rep who said "ALL items are only returnable for 30 days" with receipt.

WOW I couldn't believe it! What about 200 dollar espresso machines? And other items? But he said no. I said "I would NEVER buy anything from a store with that policy and I would spread this information around as much as possible because it is really surprising to know." I laughed and said "You won't even offer a free cup of coffee or anything will you?" He hung up. I'm really disappointed, I don't know where I'll go for my coffee now, maybe a new company will come along so I can go there.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I am pleased with the number of selections available and the customer service. They will offer suggestions too. I wanted a beverage with chocolate, so they had suggestions for me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Love the choices of hot and cold drinks. There's enough variety on breakfast and lunch items to fit anyone's palate. Customer service baristas are great, efficient, knowledgeable and get everything quickly done.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The coffee is next to none and the treats and food are very good also.The staff are all knowledgeable and friendly. They all know what I want before I ask for it because they all know me. I think that's awesome!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Quality is excellent. No other place has a vanilla chai with such robust flavor and it is consistent in every Starbucks I have visited from the US to China to Australia, although they are hard to find there.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I have only purchased their coffee. Their prices are a little expensive for my taste. I have gotten gift cards from friends for Starbucks and have enjoyed trying out different coffees. Most every town has a shop there so it is easy to find.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Terrific espresso - strong but not bitter! Also very friendly and dedicated baristas. They remember my name and my drink! I just wish there was more seating at each Starbucks store.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

The products are consistent, the servers polite, the atmosphere pleasant. I can rely on Starbucks provide me with good coffee. Most of the time, I prepare my own coffee at home. Starbucks is a treat!

Starbucks Company Information