2.01/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

628 Starbucks Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 24, 2018

After seeing reloads on my account and then a $55 transfer, I called Starbucks customer service at 800-782-7282 and Debra advised that it will take 7-10 business days to reverse the charge off my credit account. Also, she couldn't tell me where the $55 transfer went to. Therefore, I escalated it to Shalene, supervisor, as I needed someone to resolve this charge in a more timely manner. She reiterated that since it was an online charge, it will take 7-10 business days to resolve it with my bank.

I said, "That doesn't make sense... If I returned a coffee mug at Starbucks, the reversal would happen immediately." She continued to say the same thing... Which (as you can imagine) saying "7-10 business days" in an online world no longer makes sense. Also, the fraudulent charge was able to go through immediately... But the reversal for it was not. Shame on them! Would NOT have expected that after being a loyal Starbucks customer for over 10 years.

Original review: March 21, 2018

On Friday March 16th around 3:30 pm I went to Starbucks drive-through on 800 Oakdale Rd., Modesto. I ordered a drink that was supposed to nonfat milk, but they gave me a drink that contained Almond milk. I am highly allergic to almond milk and I had to take emergency actions after taking one drink. The cup was not labeled or written on as their usual procedure. When I went back inside they said “oh sorry we gave you the car's drink that was behind. Here’s yours.” I informed them of the seriousness of their mistake. My hives have finally cleared up. I reported it to Starbucks and I have a case number. They need a policy to ensure they give customers the right order which could be simply restating the order before they hand it to the customer outside the drive-through window.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 20, 2018

Toasted Butterscotch Frapp is delicious!! Wish I could say the same about the sandwiches we bought this morning! Really VERY disgusting both to look at then spit out! Neither smelled good to begin with, and the buns on both were stale. Sausage was old on the chicken sausage biscuit, with no sign of chicken, unless you count a blob of goop! Bacon was not cooked properly on either that sandwich, nor the bacon egg cheese sandwich. Visibly inedible, we would not have risked the uncooked bacon and whatever other strange things were on there! Obviously, we DO want refund for this poor Starbucks ‘offering’. Unfortunately, did not have my Starbucks card with me, so had to charge Visa. Then the girl at the drive-thru window neglected to offer my receipt!

Original review: March 14, 2018

The Starbucks in Sudbury Ontario is a disgrace to Starbucks everywhere. It is old, outdated and dirty. The floor is worn out in places and doesn't ever seem to be cleaned. The countertop where the cash registers are is peeling - it looks just awful. The tables are small and wobbly. The fireplace is almost never on. The light fixtures and ceiling are full of greasy dust. It is horrible. The poor baristas who have to work there have my sympathy. Why doesn't this store have to clean up their act - and their store...

Original review: March 12, 2018

I am suffering from a health condition where I cannot have cheese in my sandwich. As Starbucks has no "no cheese sandwich" option I usually ask the serving barista to remove the cheese from the sandwich before heating it up. This Starbucks is located in University Blvd W. (32207) at Jacksonville FL. The Barista did not want to remove the cheese and when I asked her nicely to do so she started mocking me like a 6 year old kid (except in a psychotic way). Then to top it all she literally "destroyed" my chicken sandwich just because I asked her (nicely) to take the cheese off.

I wonder how much these baristas are getting paid as they are unwilling to take off cheese of sandwiches? I returned home and called up Starbucks call center. After a 45 minute conversation (with a guy who was literally high on something) I was awarded a $25 coupon and was assured the Barista will be "taken care of". I went back to the same Starbucks today (3/11/18) after 90 days and guess what! The mentally deranged Barista is still working there making coffee, I guess Starbucks 'took care' of my complaint with the $25 coupon only. That's corporate policy for ya!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I personally love Starbucks! I don’t usually get it that often but when I do I always get the same thing. I get a caramel frappe. Now here is the thing when you go to certain Starbucks locations. I usually go to the same one every time so they know my order, but when I go to a more convenient one for a quick drink they always mess up my order. That is not really a big deal but when they start getting angry with me I get upset. I can understand where they are coming from. But I always want to try something new but I am not sure if I will like it. And it would be a waste of money to buy something and not like it. I wish there was a way that you could sample a drink for free or little charge.

But overall I love Starbucks. The baristas are nice. The place is clean. They have outstanding drinks and foods. So I think that if you have not gone to Starbucks before you should definitely try it! Please let me know if there is a way to sample a drink before buying it like a tiny sample for little or no charge! I give Starbucks a deserving ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

This store has problems Manhattan Beach... Rosecrans and Douglas - From lukewarm coffee and soggy whipped cream to asking for a refill and upon showing gold card inadvertently charged on screen 1.99 purchase price by the male manager...to being told by Jenn barista to, "Go away. We'll call you regarding winning a raffle..." and as of today... briefly plugging in my travel blender to brief spurts of ten second noise so I can have a morning breakfast drink. Was again told by Jenn I was disruptive and could not plug it in at the table while noise from blenders in their kitchen blasted everyone's ears... contradictory. Coffee sucks along with the air conditioning and stupid request of a homeless kid to leave if he wasn't buying anything while homeless guy with dirty filthy backpack\surplus sack parks himself every morning at same table.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Double Charged - No Refund - No Accountability. Last Friday, January 12th, 2018, around 630 AM (PST) I bought my wife a Starbucks E-Giftcard. The amount was for $15.00. I have done this a few times prior and every purchase was without fault. Had my wife not called me and told me thanks for the gift card(s) I would have been none the wiser. I checked my emails and sure enough she was right. For some reason it duplicated my order. That means it charged me twice. I checked my bank account and it confirmed a double charge. I get it, mistakes happen. Obviously a system error. I called the phone # on the email and went through their horrible automated system that takes like 5 minutes to navigate. After locating the right department I was on hold for about 5 minutes just to hear the representative say I reached the wrong department.

In her defense, she did attempt to transfer me over to the correct department but the department was either too busy or unable to take my call at that time and she advised me to call them back. At that time I was getting annoyed. I advised her I will not call back since this was their error and that I would like to speak to a supervisor. I was then placed on hold for about 15 minutes then spoke with a supervisor who then told me again that they couldn't help me and that she will attempt to transfer me to the correct party. Her 'attempt' was a failed one as all she did was blind transfer me to their automated queue only to go through another automated process of verifying who I am then I was on hold for about 40 minutes.

Finally spoke with a guy who advised they technically were not a part of Starbucks but a 3rd party that Starbucks uses to handle their egift purchases. He verified that both of the purchases and cancelled one and that I will be getting a refund immediately and should receive an email within 5 to 10 minutes. 3 DAYS LATER... Still no word from anyone. No confirmation. No email. No refund. I've sent numerous emails only to have some automated response that they are sorry and will attempt to call me (last Friday). No phone calls either. This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with Starbucks. They took my money, although it's a small amount it's still mine and I did NOT authorize a charge. Obviously it's a duplicate because the ecard and message are the exact same and ordered at the exact time 635am. I didn't order 2. Just the 1. So now I have to chase them down over $15 bucks. This is a waste of my time.

Am I going to order from Starbucks in the future? Probably because my wife loves them. She said to let it go and she will just keep the duplicate. She can't now because the guy said it's been cancelled. But maybe it isn't. Maybe it is. I have nothing to go off of except their word which doesn't mean anything at this point. Just another big corporation that doesn't care about the consumers. They got so big they forgot how to make good coffee which is why I never drink theirs. I prefer Peet's Coffee or Coffee Bean anyways. So Starbucks if you're reading this, just know you lost your vision. Maybe you need to reread your mission statement again.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Starbucks, 19127 Biscayne Blvd (Aventura), Florida - This place is located in the one of the beautiful locations at Aventura Florida but it is so dirty and nasty. The are never empty the trash outside during the day or clean the place. Complained many times, send to Starbucks letters with pictures attached, asking for action. Nothing been done.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The Texas City Starbucks has the best people working. They are always friendly and helpful. But the morning staff goes above and beyond even at their busiest times! Food is excellent.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Service and quality of foods were good in Starbucks. Clean place to eat and drink. We didn't have to wait too long to get helped. Many items were available.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

The staff was very helpful in my selection of the ice coffee, never order one prior to this visit. Great experience. Very friendly and professional plus the drink was great.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Great coffee selections, the food could use some improvement based on what I have tried. I believe that is premade and stored in a refrigerator and then taken out and warmed up later.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Fantastic, outrageous and love it. The most delicious thing I have tasted out of all coffees. This is the best one. Thank you for making it nice to enjoy.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

The staff is incredibly friendly & helpful, making an effort to know everybody & how they like their purchases. They are fast especially with the mobile orders.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

It was a good introduction to the world of coffee beyond Folgers; now I brew my own from gourmet coffees obtained online and elsewhere. I sometimes stop at a local kiosk; I've pretty much stopped going to Starbucks.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

The coffee drinks are the best in this area, the food is ok! The muffins and yogurt are awesome, the drinks great. I did not like the smoothie (strawberry)!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I like Starbucks. Their restaurants are clean, quiet and the selection of coffee, tea, and food items is good. They are a bit pricey so I don't make going there a daily habit, but when I do go I enjoy it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Expensive but good drink, I like the food but not a big variety. There are plenty of locations near me. There's always a new drink coming out, I use gift cards or I would not go at all.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I feel that they have more breakfast items than nice good lunch items. A few years back they use to have a good selection on salads and sandwiches. Please bring back the salad with grilled shrimp and the turkey sandwich.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I used to visit Starbucks regularly on my way to work and purchase coffee and sometimes the oatmeal raisin cookie via the drive-through, but I noticed a difference in coffee taste, and discovered that Starbucks was no longer providing 18% cream with the coffee. This made a huge difference for me. I contacted their head office, but did not receive an adequate reply, so now I buy my coffee elsewhere through another chain which has an outlet across the road.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I am a long time Starbucks customer and have really enjoyed the tea options this year. I like the many different sandwiches and snacks as well as the ones for breakfast. I like the frappuccinos but mainly the caramel one. I wish they had more flavors without chocolate or mocha as that does not agree with my digestion. I have been to many cafes and have not found them all as friendly as the ones in my hometown or as clean. I also find it disappointing that the Barnes and Noble Starbucks does not take the card so you miss out on points.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The customer service is also great. Will make the coffee as you wish. Even willing to help you decide what you want or try come close. The food is okay. Pastries are Great...

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I like coffee with just a bit of cream. Not all this flavorings with high fructose corn syrup. When you receive an iced drink you receive a full cup of ice with little drink in it. Coffee is too expensive. Rather go to a cafe and always receive free refills. Won't happen there.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Good choices but need not to run out all schedules not the same. My breakfast hours are later than business folks or school children who frequent the area restaurant.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Starbucks is not taking responsibility for stopping franchisees from blocking access to updates for operating system security from Microsoft and others. This makes the store a haven for thieves and hackers that victimize customers. A boo and hiss is in order, go to McDonald's instead.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

In my area I am having consistent problems across all stores. The coffee never seems to taste right. I call the 800 number. They apologize and give me a nominal credit. It's ridiculous. I must have called their corp office at least 50 times. What does it take to get your stores trained to make a cup of coffee properly? You are a coffee company after all.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Dear Starbucks Team, received poor service in the O'Hare Oasis on Thursday, Nov 30, 2017. Not only was I sold a bag of goods; the attendant told me that with over $20 I would receive $5 back, so I dutifully ordered another $4,50 item to reach the amount, to which she said, "Sorry the cash register didn't work. I can't make good on the offer!" What??!! Seriously??! Are we in the US? Then I could get a receipt (for my expenses) because the same attendant threw out the receipt without asking and wasn't willing to get it or print another one? Seriously??!!! To make things worse my venti caramel macchiato which I needed after 20 hours of flight time, didn't get made. Sorry?!!! "That 's what y'all call "service"?!! I'm never upset and rarely served poorly in your stores but this one is an exception that drove me to write you. Hope you fix your problems. I'm done with y'all.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Absolutely adore Starbucks coffee, whether bagged, brewed or K-cups. I sometimes have to wait five minutes for a 'pour over' since I often order decaf or 1/2 caf. That I don't understand, especially since it's late afternoon or early evening, when decaf would be needed. However, the coffee is wonderful, service done with a smile and the store atmosphere is welcoming.

I have two distinctly bad reviews about products I wanted to share. The first is the Mocha coffee K-cup I found in a discount bin at my grocery store. It was SO awful, I took two sips, threw out the rest of the cup and returned the rest to the store. It had a metallic, artificial taste that was unlike anything I've ever tasted and was undrinkable.

The second is the new Christmas mug called the "wink mug." It is adorably cute and the texture is smooth and almost soft to the touch. Yellow handle and one winking eye, plus it's microwavable, which my gray/gold "Scales" anniversary mug from Starbucks is not. What could possibly be wrong with it? Well, for one, you can't hold it with one hand. It is very wide and requires two hands. The second is the lip of the mug hit my teeth each time I took a sip, and I don't have especially long teeth. Jarring! It's going back as well. Seriously, those are the only two products of Starbucks I've ever hated. I don't like the blonde roast, but that's just because of the lemon flavor in the roast.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I Go to the Starbucks in Newnan Georgia (#8569) Just about every day. I want thank Dilland (assistant manager) for always taking good care OF me. He even knows me by name. This is why I come here so much. Thanks.

Starbucks Company Information