3.68/5
Based on 1,515 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Starbucks

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Starbucks Reviews

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Great coffee, great employees, great experience! I used to hate coffee, but now I'm hooked. Thanks to the coffee gods at Starbucks. Whenever there's a problem with my order, they always refund me, and I'm so thankful for that.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I have been a loyal customer of Starbucks for over 15yrs. Lately I have noticed my venti blond has a blah taste. More like cheap gas station coffee. It wasn't just me, I asked several family members what they thought. They verified it was gross coffee! What happened!? I even tried several other Starbucks. Same problem. Really Starbucks! Do you think we won't notice when you hike the price of your coffee and cheapened your product? I guess another good thing has bit the dust. I can make my own gross coffee at home????

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I purchased 2 slices of cake and 1 had plastic in the middle. I called Starbucks customer service and was told I could be helped because I ain’t have a Starbucks account. Ask for the rep name. Told her to give me district manager name and give him my information and she told me I’ll be better off taking back to the store and hung up on me. I have pictures. How can I upload them? I always love Starbucks cakes but now my brain not going to allow me to eat their cakes anymore. Starbucks customers service rep sucks. Treated me like I was not a paying customer.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I have been a Starbucks customer for years. The steadfastness of their quality service and coffee is second to none. The proof of their standards is the years and years of proven service and "customer-first" attitude. They get my money because they deserve it. Period.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

This was a drink I was really looking forward to trying. It's the new fad so of course I had to try it. I only was able to stomach 1/4 of it and threw the rest away. I felt sick to my stomach. I took tums and they didn't help. I thought I was going to throw up and ended up sitting my whole evening out because I was so sick and felt so horrible. I would not recommend this drink. Not only is it not worth the price, it isn't worth the stomach ache and pain. Never going to drink this again. Very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Starbucks?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I have been a consistent customer of Starbucks for well over 10+ years, and have had some minor issues. Some I addressed others I simply let slide, mostly due to my rapport with the management managerial staff AND Baristas but however, my rapport is of little consequence after my recent experience at the hands of Starbucks. Apparently, they felt the need to take it upon themselves following a day's regular purchase of my caramel macchiato with 4 espresso shots no foam at 200 degrees. They then took an additional 150 stars from my rewards 3 consecutive times on the same day.

Mind you this was during my purchase through my app of $7.68 for my drink, not thru a star redemption and this continued for an entire month and they responded by giving back 300 of the 700 + stars they stole and $10 onto my card which covers the amount of 1 of my espresso drinks and 300 stars equates to two espresso drinks which totals 3 drinks and 700+ stars equates to 5+ drinks. Unfortunately, the espresso machine purchased will be opened and used after the redemption of my remaining stars and monies on my card and bid Starbucks Adieu. They have lost a customer and the several thousands of dollars invested over 10 years without possessing actual stock in their company!!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I went in to the new Starbucks in Lakewood on Detroit Ave. People bringing their dogs in to a good service area. I can see if it was a service dog that's different and Ali no mirrors in the bathroom. They should give free refills on coffee with the price they charge for coffee. Panera bread gives free refills. They should have a senior discount for people that can't afford Starbucks prices. Customer service was okay. Kathy.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

They charge ~5$ for a chai tea Latte and does not train the employees how to make them, each store make it their own way. Horrific experience today at a Starbucks in Riverside, CA. They literally give me boiling Milk. I asked them to add more tea, then the lady in the store asked me, “You want more syrup?” How the hell a customer know you are using a secret syrup to make Chai tea latte. I repeatedly asked I need more tea.. Of course she got angry.. I have to walk away with the boiling milk. First of all you make the worst chai tea latte, still I am drinking it and you make it worst. Don't exploit customers like this. Hopefully somebody sees this and take necessary action.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Bought the cocoa cloud in a couple of locations and man what a waste of money. The last drink I got was 80-85% foam. This has been the trend. Pathetic especially since we are paying full price for the drink which is over after a couple of sips.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I was a regular customer, ended up hating Starbucks due to their poor customer service and unkept promises. Let me write down what I have gone through: 1. Collected stickers (18 beverages) to collect 2019 Planner/Organizer. (Completed 4 Sets). 2. I have redeemed 2 of them. By February, their stocks were low, and choices were limited. The barista told me to wait for "restocking" for more choices. 3. By March, there were ZERO stocks and I was not able to collect 2 Planners. Baristas told me two choices: a) Wait until May; or b) Get 1,500 Php = 29.33 USD for each set. I decided to wait knowing that I have collected these stickers for the planner/organizer. I have spent more than 3,000Php per set and it does not compensate me with 1,500Php.

4. I went to different stores in Davao, even went to Manila to check for available stocks, ended up with none. 5. So, I decided to wait (Which was wrong from the first place). 6. May came. I went to one of the stores to get what I have waited for. 7. The store told me I couldn't get the planner/organizer for I should have surrendered my collected stickers beforehand. Just a note, I was never told/ informed by any of the stores to surrender my stickers. 8. I have explained what happened, the manager informed me that they could not provide me with the organizer since none was ordered for me. (Since I didn't surrender my stickers)

9. Manager Seth informed me that he would be giving me his own organizer and 6 vouchers. I informed that I do not want to take his organizer, I mean what is the point of getting the organizer now where the coupons inside is useless now (January to June). 10. I requested for the original offer which was to get a card with P1,500 instead. Which was rejected since their offer time is over. 11. I decided to call the Starbucks main office myself and let them know on my situation. 12. Starbucks main office is Manila? Sucks even more. Reply would take few weeks, calls are not answered (tried 15 times a day). They offered me 4 vouchers (are you kidding me?) as a compensation for 32 drinks I had for the organizer. Of course I cannot take this offer.

During the call, the agent Gem promised me to get back to me after a week, took two weeks with no response. (Only got back when I called back them). THE AGENT GEM STARTED TO HUNG UP AND AVOID MY CALLS. Which is very unacceptable. They promised for a call-back on that day's afternoon (Since Gem was on lunch) which did not arrive for more than a week.

These are your shortcomings:

1. I believe you should have allocated enough stocks from the first place to cater every customers knowing your high demand; Which I understood

2. I have my right to claim my own organizer from you, Starbucks; and This is what was promised right?

3. From all those different branches, we were not informed on the instructions clearly which has led us to this situation. You should have explained the process to every customers. I just followed what your employees said. I did not disobey any rules. I just have been understanding, waiting and following the instruction which was provided by the baristas. What did I do so wrong to get this bad experience and support from Starbucks? I have recorded calls with Gem where she promised for the reply, call back which were all not addressed. I have multiple call records which were just disconnected or were not answered.

I would also like to let you know that we have waited a long time for this and still we are experiencing these problems with no proper explanation from Starbucks. This is quite sad knowing that Starbucks is a world-wide high quality coffee shop. You should do something to solve the problem I am going through since I don't think I am the only customer who is experiencing such.

Starbucks Company Information