2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5

Papa John's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Papa John’s pizza is our favorite pizza. Perfect seasoning in the sauce, just enough crust and we can always count on their delivery time. Papa John’s is the best pizza in town. We have been ordering pizza every month for over four years. Sensei Scott from Golden Tiger Karate. We love Papa John’s pizza!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My experiences with Papa Johns has always been exceptional. Rather ordering in the store in person are over the phone and online as well. I'm just a little uncomfortable with dining in so to even have the option of delivery is good. The team most have outstanding training never rude or unorganized. If a mistake is made with your order they are quick to correct the mistakes. My food is always the perfect temperature and the time is usually extremely quick to receive your order and if you join the rewards program you can receive free food. This has kept me from not having food to eat on many occasions. I am a satisfied customer. The staff is well trained and courteous and the food is good.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

The manager of Papa John's on Colony Road who worked tonight was wonderful. He provided excellent service. He recommended pizza and pricing options to us while simultaneously offering friendship and financial advice. He helped my friends and I remain calm in a stressful moment and was very respectful when speaking with us. 11/10 a great experience. We will order again in coming events!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Danielle is wonderful GM in Knightdale NC. I had made an order and waited over 2 hours for my pizza. I called to find out the young lady who place my order logged in a incorrect phone number and could not find my apartment. I was livid. No apology or sincerity in the young lady’s voice so I asked to speak to the manager. The GM Danielle listened to me and calmly rectified the situation by going above and beyond and I will continue to order at this location because of her.

Original review: May 28, 2020

05/22/2020 early afternoon My Papa John's order when it finally delivered was disappointing at best. The extra large pizza I received was not what I had ordered. Not just some but ALL of the products I ordered was barley warm, very disappointing. I called the store here in Crawfordsville IN to find our what was going on. Because when I placed my $50:00 order the delivery time was posted on the website as being between “30-41 minutes" so that is what I was expecting. But the managers said it would be hour! It took at least an hour or more before the delivery driver pulled into my driveway! And to my surprise the driver was not wearing a face mask or protective gloves.

It appears Papa Johns cares less about the health and safety of the delivery staff and the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus. And causes me to be concerned with how just how clean and safe the food preparation area is and how they are protecting the food preparation employees and the public from the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus here at this store in Crawfordsville IN. I tried to call the store here in Crawfordsville, IN to review my issue and concerns with the on duty manager but was placed on eternal hold. So I gave up and decided to post my experience instead. It is my opinion If you want hot pizza or other products prepped the way you ordered them and delivered on time by delivery staff who are taking proper protective measures to protect YOU, you should shop elsewhere I’m sad to say. I strongly support shopping at local businesses but not when operated like this Papa Johns! Very disappointing experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: May 11, 2020

I tried to order a pizza on the website but it wasn't working. I called the Papa John's on Curry Ford and Goldenrod rd. and tried to order by phone. The guy taking my order didn't know how to get my rewards added to my account so he didn't take my order and hung up. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was the franchise owner. He was so rude from the beginning. I told him that the guy hung up on me and he actually said "so". Then he said he could take my order. I decided to go ahead and order.

I asked to add extra garlic sauce. I said I know it includes one but I wanted 2 extra (I know there's a charge for the extra). The guy went off on me saying, "We don't put one free garlic sauce anymore." He was so mean to me I decided not to order the pizza. My mom really wanted pizza so I called a different location. They were so nice, night and day difference. AND there was a free garlic sauce. I asked manager if it was true they stopped giving one free and she said no. They always give one free.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Lenoir City, Tennessee beach- What a horrific store and store manager. Order was placed at 5:45 and we were told to expect the delivery by 6:30. At 7:00 we called the store (my husband was hung up on 3 times) to check the status and was told they didn't have any orders from us. However, my credit card was charged 29.67. Yes , I have the proof. Now, I had to drive to this location to try to get my money back which they refused. They asked me to pay for more pizza. I ended up calling corporate offices to try to get my money back. So 2 hours later, no money and no pizza.

Grayson the manager never even apologized (well she did after I told her she had never even bothered to). She just wanted more money for them to make the pizza. Now, I have the proof of charges on my credit which she didn't care about. She simply rolled her eyes and acted indignant. As of now, I'm told corporate will refund but that may take 48 hours. So we are 29.00 out and no food. Worst customer service I've experienced in years.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I was home and had a taste for wings. I looked up Papa John's and ordered 20 or so via the website. All was well. It eventually came and as I'm putting a wing to my mouth, there's a hair in my food. I quickly call the restaurant. I spoke to whoever answered first then the manager. Both assured me that the hair could not have come from their store. I tried to explain how there was no other way for it to get on my food. The manager offered to make more wings which I declined because really who would want to eat there after that. He then offers a meager 30% off my meal and 50% of my next meal. I told them I would never eat there again for many reasons. I thought the customer was always right? Not here.

Almost 3 weeks have gone by and still no news on my small refund. No updates. Nothing. They lost my business and I spread the word to all my social media friends. This is not how you run a company or treat your patrons. To even call me a liar in so many words was appalling. The sad thing about it is this, I didn't even want To order from them. It was just on a whim. I haven't had their food on well over 10 years, now I see why. Awful awful place. Did I mention I'm still waiting on a 30% refund. Ha. Chipotle gave me a full refund on a mistake I made within 72 hours. What a joke papa John's is. No thanks. Never again.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Went to Papa John's to pick up my order. 2 out of 3 workers were not wearing mask. The one packing the orders did not wear a mask and was rapping while packing the food. EVERYONE in the area is wearing mask and gloves (I'm from Elmhurst, Queens), why are the people handling our food not?! Was so worried about my food I threw the order out. I called corporate to raise my concern. No one has gotten back to me. Papa john's use to be my favorite pizza spot but I will not be ordering from them anymore.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Ordered a Pizza at 7:36 PM on a Mon. for a friend who had surgery. They stated delivery time was 37-47 min. When the app (wh/ gives delivery update times) said the pizza "Was 7 min to delivery time" I updated my friend (who has 3 kids). To make a long story short, it was still well over 30 minutes out & the pizza was delivered over 1 1/2 hrs. after I ordered it. When I placed the ordered I left a 20% tip on it (wanting to support everyone during this pandemic time). I called the manager at the store #310, 6600 E INDEPENDENCE BLVD CHARLOTTE, NC 28212-7256. He was EXTREMELY RUDE & refused 3 times to give me his name. I then went online to file a complaint which took over 2 hrs. to do b/c you have to have the # on the pizza box to file the complaint & I wasn't going to involve my friend in this debacle.

The online chat was totally useless.; they didn't help at all :( The link to file a complaint would not work. (They probably do this deliberately so you can't file a complaint). After about 2 hrs. I finally go a complaint filed and was assured I would get refunded. I have yet to hear from the company. (I gave them my email AND phone #.... crickets...) I am so disappointed. Regardless of this company being horrible, I'm still glad I gave a decent tip. This was from my friend who knew nothing of the horrible time delay besides realizing her family got fed at 9 pm, "I forgot to tell you the delivery man last night was very thankful for the tip you left.

He said he’d been to 3 houses prior and no one tipped him." I tried to support this company & gave them adequate time to reach out to me, but have yet to hear from them. Again, so very disappointed!

Papa John's Company Information