3.7/5 (615 ratings)

About Papa John's

Papa John's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I put in my order. Hour and a half I received notification that my food was delivered which was not true. I called the the front desk person and the manager told them the situation. They saying the driver said they rung my door bell, knocked on my door. I said, "That's not true because I'm sitting here by the door and I have a Ring so that's a lie." I got my money back and negotiate with the manager to remake the order and deliver it with different driver and my food never came. It's a good thing that I had packs of ramen noodles to feed my kids.

Original review: July 31, 2022

I ordered A LG thin crust with 3 toppings a garlic sauce and was charged for the sauce and I didn't receive sauce. Pizza sauce terrible. I hardly had any Canadian bacon. The pizza was dry and expensive. I won't order again.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Papa John's is charging customers for basic condiments.. 25 cents for red pepper packs, 54 cents for Garlic sauce.. paper plates and Napkins.. I believe this is only in certain Areas “Hood” because I’ve never experienced this before.. I need answers!

Original review: June 8, 2022

It's really annoying when the call center mess up your order EVERYTIME you order from here. The representatives cut you off when you're trying to customize your order (which is probably why they get the order wrong in the first place). And I don't appreciate the word play asking, "If you'd like garlic dipping sauce with your order?" Of course I want the garlic dipping sauce that comes with my pizza! BUT NO....NO I DO NOT WANT TO PURCHASE AN EXTRA GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE!!! And here's a tip for customers, ALWAYS ask the representative to find you a special to lower the price of your order. $33 FOR 1 LARGE 1 TOPPING PIZZA AND A 10 INCH CHEESY BREAD??? (10 inch is the small option. 12 inch is the bigger option.) And that's carryout price. Stop being so greedy and rude are my requests and suggestions on how you can improve. Thanks.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Papa John's was my favorite 15 years ago. I ordered at least one per month. Somewhere along the way, something changed so I quit ordering Papa John's. I've gotten 2 pizzas in the last year to give them a couple more chances. Both were inedible. The crust is now a weird hybrid of thin, tough, and spongy, and the bottom of the crust is orangish brown. (OMG! Why? What is that?) Toppings are also much fewer than before. If I order a topping I expect more than 5 pieces of that topping on the pizza. Sorry papa. I'm completely done with you now. Your pizza is too gross to purchase. It's not worth $2.99 let alone $16.99! Even Totino's is better.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Took my order, said it was on the way. Then cancelled it but still charged me for the pizza.. I'm working overnight with no food. Thanks for nothing. I want my money back!. If you couldn't make the order why take my money!

Original review: April 14, 2022

Ordered 1 large thin crust pepperoni and hamburger and an order of wings. I think I got sparrow wings because they were so small for $11.99. I should have ordered a cheese pizza, where's the meat. There is more meat on a convenience store pizza. The only thing good was the liter of Pepsi. Papa's really has gone downhill.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Placed order at Long Street. Took an hour to deliver and on top of that I didn't get my complete order. Manager did not want to make it right. This place has the worst customer service. I'll just stick to Marco's pizza.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Online ordering was easy. The products however were of such poor quality the majority ended up in the garbage. It was obvious that one pizza was not freshly baked. It was a Tuscan 6 cheese pizza. Dry crust that was likely reheated. Terrible! The other pizza was a pepperoni and sausage 6 cheese pizza. Sausage tasted stale. The entire pizza was so greasy that everything just slid right off when you tried to pick up a slice. None of us could even finish a piece. The place was closed so I was unable to call and make a complaint. I just cut my losses, put them in the garbage, and prayed none of us would be sick from what we had eaten. Never again will Papa John's get any of my money. If this is what their products have become I don't see them lasting in the overcrowded pizza marketing world. There are just too many other better choices to purchase from. This little pizza disaster happened 03/13/2022.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I order my style pizza. I’m from NYC so I wanted to try it. They gave me old pizza that allegedly just came out the oven and was not even hot. The toppings were scant and were falling off the pizza because they threw toppings on top of old cheese pizza. It was ready in 5 min, that was the first clue. It also tasted terrible with very little CHEESE. This is an insult to use NY name for this mess. I would like my refund.

Papa John's Company Information