Papa John's

Compare Chain Restaurants

Research top Chain Restaurants recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a pizza at 9. I was told that it would be a 2 hr wait for delivery. I said "ok I'll pick it up." Got there to pick it up at 9:40 and was they couldn't find it. SMH so said I'l never order pizza from here. East Cleveland has the worst service ever.

First off I ordered the BBQ chicken pizza which takes GRILLED chicken. They put chicken tenders! The pizza taste horrible. My ordered arrived an hour and a half later! My pizza was ice cold. No lie!!

Papa John's Broad St, Newark NJ. THE ABSOLUTE WORSE!!!! Ordered a pizza way before closing. Was put on hold when I called to check on the order after 45 minutes of not receiving anything. When I went to the store I was told they were closed. The store closes at 12 am but it was 11:05 pm. I will never go there or order again.

I ordered pizza and wings. It took an hour for delivery. When we started to eat the pizza, it was all doughy. I ordered four toppings on the pizza but it was all uncooked dough. Very disappointed. Usually everything is good. That's why I order from there instead of the four other pizza places close by.

I ordered several pizzas, wings and cookies for my sons birthday party at Papa John's #214 - 911 N CABLE RD in Lima, Ohio 45805-1703. My wife picked it up and brought the items home and several things were missing. I called the store and sure enough the employee said that they forgot to give us the items. That we could come back to the store and pick it up. I said we have a house full of children and that is not an option, that they need to deliver it to us. He put the manager on the phone and I explained the situation to him and insisted he run the food over. He proceeded to tell me that he didn't work for me and that I can get **. I said "did you just cuss me out" and he hung up.

I then called Papa John's customer service and they said that I would hear back from them within 2 business days. Needless to say that they never called back. So 4 days later I called them back and they said the owner must be on vacation or something. So I paid for a product I did not receive and was cussed out by the manager of the store so needless to say I will never buy anything from Papa John's ever again. The customer service is a joke, just excuse makers for their franchises.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

I had ordered a pizza on-line today and called the store to confirm. The so called manager Mr. **, was the rudest person I have ever met on-line. He hangs up on the customer. After calling back he continues to argue with me as he cannot locate the order. At that point I gave up and ordered my pizza from pizza hut!!! These people have no manners and no courtesy. The branch is located at 1133 East-West Hwy silver spring MD.

I attempted to order online, the website was not user friendly in the least. I entered the requisite information and was not able to generate any kind of response. I gave up and do not anticipate trying in the future. I will not attempt in the future.

I just ordered a one topping medium pizza and the person on the phone just shouted out the price after taking my order and hung up on me. Now I have a hungry child and a bill for 17.00 dollars and an hour wait. I don't believe a medium pizza with one topping is worth it and would have stated so if the person on the phone gave me a chance. And because of this I will never order papa johns again and that's a shame because I liked papa john's recipe over all the other chains. And just to be a nice guy I still gave the delivery driver a tip. When I should have just sent the pizza back. And just to get all the dumb stuff out the way I did call asking about the specials.

We ordered a pizza online from store #3601 in Prairieville, LA on 9/17/16. Ater waiting 45 minutes, we called the store and were put on hold for 19 minutes and then cut off. We called back immediately. When they answered and asked if we could hold, I said no, I had already been holding for 19 minutes, was cut off, and wanted to know where our pizza was. Nothing was said, I was just put on hold again. After a few minutes, someone picked up and told me our pizza was out for delivery. We got our pizza after one hour and it was ice cold and the garlic butter was missing. The absolute worst pizza ever. This was our first Papa John's pizza and most definitely the last. Pathetic service and horrible food. We will be using Papa Murphy's in the future.

I ordered my medium size pizza and got it 46 min later. But I ordered a medium size pizza with a 2-liter orange crush soda drink. I realize I didn't get the drink so I called and the lady said she will send back the driver with it and I said ok. Now it's passed 1hr and 21 mins and my juice doesn't show up.

We ordered our pizza online - 1 large bacon and 1 large mushroom. We went to pick it up 15 minutes after we ordered when we got it home which is only 1.5 miles away. The pizza was barely lukewarm and literally only 2 pieces of bacon per slice and the mushroom had only 6 mushrooms on it... REALLY. The worst pizza I ever had. The only reason I ordered from them is I got coupons in the mail.. NO THANK YOU. I'LL GO BACK TO ORDERING FROM A REGULAR PIZZA SHOP.. Pizza sucked.

I ordered online, went to store #3905 to pick up, they did not have the right order and threatened me I won't get home. I took a video of the whole thing. Called Papa John's Customer service to file a complaint. They said 24 hrs to 5 days they will get back. It has been 5 days, no one has get back. The Papa John's Waterbury, CT employee threatened me that I won't get home. If the owner does to me, Papa John's is responsible. Papa John's employee used abusive language in their parking lot. 21 Homer St, Waterbury, CT 06704. Papa John's franchise did not respond to me yet.

Poor Customer Service - Store #2336. We place an order online (as we always do) on 08/12/16, and according to the e-mail confirmation, the order would be delivered in 30 to 40 minutes. After an hour (of placing the order), I called Papa Murphy's inquiring about our order, and the women that answered was very rude (this was about 6 pm on 08/12/16), and said we are not guaranteeing any times on deliveries because we are very busy. The pizza arrived at 6:08; which is roughly a half an hour late. The box was hot, so I thought the pizza would still be hot, but it was just lukewarm, and there was very little chicken on our BBQ Chicken pizza. I am very disappointed with this experience at Papa John's. My husband & I have been loyal customers for several years and now I don't know if we will find another pizza place order from.

I ordered pizza and soda from Papa John's on Merrick in Valley Stream NY during a thunderstorm. After completing my order online they called and said they could not make the pizza because they had no power. When asked they reported that they also have no backup generator. I was also informed that if I cancel my order the money would be refunded in 3-5 business days. I asked customer service if I could get my order from a different Papa John's branch which was also close. I was told that another branch was not allowed to deliver to my address. I asked if I could pick up that order and they said I could have to make a new order and would not get my money back from the previous order to do so. I understand that a lack of power was an obstacle. However I think they should at least have allowed me to get my order from another branch especially since I was willing to pick it up.

I called the Papa John's pizza shop on Main Street in Summerville South Carolina. Ordered a pizza for delivery. They took my name, number, and address and told me it would be about 45 minutes. An hour and a half later I had to call back because my pizza and never showed up. Turns out the person who took my order had the wrong address so they cancelled the order. I asked the manager why wasn't I called and of course they wrote down the wrong phone number as well. Such incompetence is not tolerated. I shall never order from Papa John's again so I had Pizza Hut deliver.

WARNING. Ordered late night delivery - 11:30pm. Got call saying delivery person was outside. Went outside. Street was empty. Called back to be told in the 5 seconds it took for me to get outside, the driver had been mugged, the pizza taken, his money and bike stolen. (No sign of the driver - maybe they stole him too?) The manager then further lied to me about the situation by telling me the police were on their way. Unbelievable. It's like a bunch of children trying to run a shop.

This was Papa John's in Catford. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

I ordered a pizza from Papa John's Pizza and most of the time it's good but this time it was horrible and I called and told them it was hard as a rock and well the lady said that is the way the thin crust is. Finally she said that they would bring me another one but if it's their mistake why do you have to pay a delivery charge and I spend a lot of main at Papa John's.

Recently my husband and I ordered a takeout pizza at our local Dunnellon store. I have to say it was the worst pizza we have ever had. The crust was 2 inches at the edges. The crust tasted like it was not fully cooked. We order a sausage pizza. There were 4 pieces of sausage the size of my small pinky on it. Needless to say it was so bad. We will never go there again and will not recommend this place to anyone!

My wife placed an online order with Papa John's at about 9:30 P.M. When I sent my sister-in-law to go get it at around 10 P.M. they claimed that they closed at 10 and had no record of our order. Evidently it placed our order for 12 noon the next day even though the "as soon as possible option" was checked. They would not make our pizza and the refund is going to take 3 to 5 business days. The ordering system should not allow you to order after hours. Thanks a lot for nothing Papa John's!!

Order place time, 8:28. Received, 9:54. Manager was beyond unprofessional #badservice. She was an outstanding **.

The pizza is ok, but honestly it's not the best I've ever tasted. Please improve it. Also I wonder what happened to the Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno side that was once offered. I wonder why you took that off the menu. I really liked that. PLS BRING IT BACK!

We tried out Papa John's at Greenbelt for my niece's birthday. The place smelled fresh and their crew members immediately accommodated us since there weren't that much people eating inside. We ordered the Spicy Italian Pepperoni pizza since we like our food to be a little on the hot side. We were disappointed because the pizza, though tasty, was not spicy at all. We had to put a lot of hot sauce to add some chili flavor to it. Maybe they should change the name of that pizza because it does not come close to what was advertised.

We ordered the 2 medium size pizza specials for $6.99 each on 5/14/2016. The quality and amt of toppings were dismal. I believe if a company wishes to sell a pizza, at least it should be of a certain quality and standard. Otherwise it should not bother with specials. I noticed that Pizza Hut in Hendersonville is no different. Quality of pizzas have all went down except Jet's Pizza.

A couple of months ago, I went to the Papa John's on St. Andrews Rd., Columbia to redeem my daughter's free pizza honor roll certificate. I had no problems and I had entered the establishment alone. My daughter was issued another certificate when the next quarter's grades were finalized. This time, I went in once again alone, my kids were at home. I provided the certificate and the site manager intervened and asked where's my child was because he would not redeem the certificate without the child present. I asked, "Why, does that matter?", that I had no issue of this type before. The manager stated that "new rules" were in force and the child had to be present! As if I would counterfeit an honor roll certificate in order to get a small cheese pizza! Why is there a lack of common sense in retail?

I have used Papa John's on and off for a few years and they have come a long way. Improved in a few areas but still lack common courtesy. My last few orders they forgot to include the extra sauces I payed for. Today there was a problem with my pie. Didn't taste the same so I called and politely said there was a mistake made. The woman on the phone gives me an attitude. Then they call me back and I assume it was the chef this time and he was even more disrespectful. I ask for a refund and he refused and hung up on me.

Then I get another call from someone else at Papa John's and I was informed I was not the only person that had this problem and they will refund me for the pie. Well, the driver shows up and wants to take back everything, but the rest of my order was half eaten. He calls Papa John's to figure things out and he's not speaking English. They clearly aren't customer friendly. Will close my account once my refund goes through.

I want to know why PJ do not have blacks in their commercials. If it is a group thing, it's always whites and no blacks. I do not remember seeing any blacks in his commercials. Why is it and if I am wrong, I do apologize. But it is more white than blacks and we eat their pizzas as well - at least I use to.

It's impossible to order online with PJ. Every time you try to submit, the system rejects the order. Your payment card is refunded. So, you can only order by phone with PJ. That means you can't use coupons. This is why I've stopped ordering PJ.

If I would have been told up front that it would be over 2 hours to get my pizza delivered I would have picked it up myself. When we called the first time they told us it would be 20 more minutes and it was over twice that. If I had known we would get a two hour old pizza super late I would have picked it up or ordered from another pizza place. Next time I will probably use another restaurant. The pizza was cold and awful when it came, I would have gotten a better product from another place and I am sure I could have found an offer equally as good at another place, if not I would have gladly paid more. Also if using the online feedback forum, don't select complaint from the drop down menu, no submit button appears when you do this. However if you select praise or suggestion you get a submit button. Nice of them to cover up their crappy service by not accepting complaints.

I have ordered twice for delivery. The delivery folks are fantastic but the pizza is overcook to almost burnt, half the ingredients were missing and this is the second time in 2 months. I will no longer go or recommend Papa John's - bad pizza, bad ingredients, bad price.

Not long after the Super Bowl. I ordered a couple of large pizzas, 2-2 liters Pepsi, 20-pc of chicken peppers (whatever they're called). The pizza was burnt all over and they forgot one of the 2-liters. As you know if you are not satisfied you're supposed to get a pizza free. I called and gave my complaint. They assured me they won't have it corrected within an hour. An hour went by and we received nothing to include a phone call. I ordered from one of their competitors. From this point on Papa John's has lost my business. Since they could not correct nor honor their guarantee of getting right.

Papa John's Company Profile