2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.27/5

Papa John's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Papa John’s pizza is our favorite pizza. Perfect seasoning in the sauce, just enough crust and we can always count on their delivery time. Papa John’s is the best pizza in town. We have been ordering pizza every month for over four years. Sensei Scott from Golden Tiger Karate. We love Papa John’s pizza!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

My experiences with Papa Johns has always been exceptional. Rather ordering in the store in person are over the phone and online as well. I'm just a little uncomfortable with dining in so to even have the option of delivery is good. The team most have outstanding training never rude or unorganized. If a mistake is made with your order they are quick to correct the mistakes. My food is always the perfect temperature and the time is usually extremely quick to receive your order and if you join the rewards program you can receive free food. This has kept me from not having food to eat on many occasions. I am a satisfied customer. The staff is well trained and courteous and the food is good.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

The manager of Papa John's on Colony Road who worked tonight was wonderful. He provided excellent service. He recommended pizza and pricing options to us while simultaneously offering friendship and financial advice. He helped my friends and I remain calm in a stressful moment and was very respectful when speaking with us. 11/10 a great experience. We will order again in coming events!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Danielle is wonderful GM in Knightdale NC. I had made an order and waited over 2 hours for my pizza. I called to find out the young lady who place my order logged in a incorrect phone number and could not find my apartment. I was livid. No apology or sincerity in the young lady’s voice so I asked to speak to the manager. The GM Danielle listened to me and calmly rectified the situation by going above and beyond and I will continue to order at this location because of her.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I had an experience with Papa John's on last night because it was short staff and I waited a little extra time for my pizza to be delivered. To make a long story short, my guest left and wasn't able to have pizza. But I called back this morning and they took care of me and I am very satisfied. This is a very awesome established and the manager is very awesome as well. Can't remember her name but she worked at 2 p.m. on this Saturday Memorial Day weekend. I know one thing, they put a smile on my face. Thank you so much Papa John's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

The pizza is great. However, my fiance is allergic to tomatoes, tragic i know. When we try to order "no sauce" there are two options on the website.. 1) you have to pick a sauce. 2) you have to pick if you want no sauce after that. I believe this is confusing to your workers. The option to have sauce or no sauce should be presented first, rather than forcing your customers to choose a sauce first, then choosing "no sauce" second. Please review your online ordering steps, as there are some flaws that need to be corrected.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Ordered pizza by phone on 1-13-20 at approximately 5:40. Store address, pizza and price verified twice. When I arrived at Draper store I was told, "You did not place an order." I showed what I believe was the shift supervisor my cell phone record of the call and repeated that I had placed an order and perhaps they misplaced it. Reply, "No sir, you did not place an order." She added that "We don't not want you as a customer...you came in with an attitude." My response, "I came into the store to pick up a pizza." She then walked away, mumbling under her breath. I understand that mistakes can certainly be made, we all do it all the time. This situation could have easily been resolved with a simple, "I'm sorry, we can's seem to find the order...we will get right on it." Instead it escalated into accusations, insults and complete lack of common courtesy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

The new parmesan crust pizza is the worst ever. Papa John's has gone so down hill over the years. I remember when they started. The pizza was excellent. Over ten years now they have not redeem themselves. I thought would try this new pizza. Just terrible. Go buy any frozen pizza and you will be much happier. It's a shame that when a business starts how good they are, and then they go big time and short cut everything. Just sell dog food and get it over with.

This business should be ashamed of their product. Even Little Caesars blows them away and that's a shame. I don't even understand why a person would work for a company like this, this is just theft. You say you sell good pizza, what a big fat lie. This is not pizza no flavors except what you don't want to taste. I can't even explain the nasty flavors. I don't know what it is, but it's not pizza cheese or toppings they claim to be. It all taste like puke would be the closest I could compare. Please just close your doors and stop robbing people.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I got two medium pizzas from Papa Johns for New Year's Eve. One was a Hawaiian. The other was pepperoni and sausage. My entire family thought the pizza was bland tasting with too much crust. The crust doesn't taste bad. It's just that there's too much of it. I will not order from Papa Johns again. I don't understand why they are still in business when there are much better pizza places out there.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

*** I wish I could select less then one star. *** I have been ordering from Papa John's for quite a few years but after this experience it will be my last. I placed an order for several sandwiches and their new garlic Parmesan Crust pizza. Everything was delivered on time and the sandwiches were good. However the Garlic Parmesan Crust Pizza was not... After opening the box I immediately noticed a very strong strange smell (not like garlic, more like something old or expired). Since it was the first time ordering this My Son and I tried it anyway. Turns out it tasted worse than the smell. Something was obviously wrong with it and my Son and I spit out the bites we took. I called Papa John's and gave the details to the customer service person. I was told it would take 48 hours before I would hear back. I never received an email or a call from anyone.

After a week of waiting I called back asking why I was never contacted. I was told someone tried to call me, but I never received a call or a voice mail or anything. Even after the second call I never received any communication from anyone (it's been over a month now). I'm completely finished with Papa John's and will never place another order with this non-existing customer service company again.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Papa John's Company Information