1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

333 Papa John's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Got great customer service and excited for my first pizza with them... But the pizza was bland. Hardly any flavor. Get a better pizza at a way better price at 711. I even can add extra toppings to a meat lover’s pizza with no charge. And that's under $7. Get real Papa John's... Your pizza is bad. Thanks anyway. I'll never go back.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My family and I were recently in Key West celebrating the new year. We decided on pizza and ended up at Papa John's. The girl behind the counter who was short, had braces and looked to be in her early 20's couldn't put her phone down long enough to even acknowledge our existence. She was extremely rude, especially to my wife and elderly mother-in-law. The pizza was greasy and terrible and no one in our party could finish a single slice. If this is a franchise, the owner needs to seriously reevaluate the caliber of their employees. I own a bed and breakfast in Chicago and I would never have an employee like this! My wife also noticed she had a bluish substance around one of her nostrils.

I will be telling anyone who is going to Key West in the future, do NOT visit the Papa John's restaurant. Disgusting, horrible service! If you have a bad attitude and poor customer service, don't work in the tourism industry. We would have had better luck asking a homeless person to dig us food out of the garbage can. The service and quality would have been a lot better. What a waste of money. I'm extremely dissatisfied, especially considering the rest of the workers we encountered in Key West were absolutely fantastic! This particular girl needs a job where she doesn't talk to anyone or engage with customers face-to-face. If the owner intends on the continued operation of their business, they'd do well to replace this employee immediately.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered a cheeseburger pizza. One slice had a large piece of plastic that was broke off of something embedded in the cheese. I called the store and the person that claimed to be the manager was a smart *** and after I told him the problem he said that that store did not deliver to my address. I was certain that it had come from there. Later in the day I was very sick after eating 2 pieces. I was vomiting and had diarrhea. I will NEVER order food from any Papa John's again! The experience was bad enough but then to be lied to just to get out of doing anything about it!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It took an hour and 40 minutes to get my pizza. When I finally got it, it was cold. When I called the ** manager, I had to yell at him to get him to comp the pizza. At first, he was a real smart ** and acted like nothing was wrong with it taking 100 minutes to get a pizza. I told him never again and you are about to lose a customer of many years. Then, after my suggestion, he agrees to comp the pizza. I gave the delivery girl a nice tip as it was not her fault. This this the third time in a row I have gotten a slow ** cold pizza. If you want to order pizza, I recommend that you go somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My order came out to $40 and some change and the guy who took my order put pick up instead of delivery like I said. So hours went by and they said he made that mistake. It'll take an hour to deliver it so I said, "Nevermind I want my money back on my card." I talked to the lady and she said it would take a few days to get back on the card. A week and half goes by it's still not on my card so I called them back and they said they already voided it to go talk about it with my bank. Which by the way the card I used isn't even a bank card.

I just called them back today 3 weeks and my money STILL isn't back and the manager I talked to was rude and didn't help at all. He said he couldn't do anything about it. I told him I either want my $40 back or the food and he still said he wasn't going to do anything about it and to go talk to the card company. I've always been a regular customer to this same Papa John's and I've even had other small issues with them but this time is ridiculous that now I'm out of $40 and the customer service is horrible. I'm so pissed about this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Called three times. No answer. Walked in the employee who greeted me walked out for the night leaving 2 employees to attend on peak hours, supervisor never greeted me instead decided to answer an incoming call leaving me there looking like a fool. Mesa Az Brown road and Mesa Drive.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I ordered a pizza last week to be delivered. I told the one on the phone I wanted the pizza delivered. Even give her my address. A hour later no pizza so I called them back and she told me my pizza was waiting for pickup. I told her, "No I wanted it delivered." The exact words out of her mouth was, "It will take another 45 minutes and an extra delivery fee." I said just cancel the order. As today's date I called the corporate office and all I get is a runaround. They keep telling me somebody will call me back in 48 hours which never has happened.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Imagine just getting home from McDonald's or Wendy's (or whatever) and pulling your double cheeseburger from the bag. You take a bite and find that between the buns are a few pickle and tomato slices... but no burger! Your reaction will be the same if you order Papa John's Double Cheeseburger pizza. The first thought coming to your mind will be, "Where's the beef?" Papa John's Double Cheeseburger is pathetically unsatisfying. Don't buy it! It is a waste of your hard-earned money.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I made a order at 12 midnight Saturday Night for Papa John's Pizza 199-22 Hollis Ave, Saint Albans branch and at 5:30 am I got notification it got cancelled. If that wasn't enough, I called them just now and asked why they didn't inform me, THE MANAGER some BANGALA guy I believe told me he didn't have any order and hung up on me. I called back again and said I want to speak with Manager, he said he is the manager and again hung up. THIS IS MISERABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Not acceptable. I would never recommend Papa John's to anyone now, you treat your customers like this. You will run out of business soon!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We had ordered 2 Pizzas from Papa John's and what a big mistake that was. We had seen on TV a new BBQ meats Pizza and it looked really good and we had some company over and they ordered a Pizza with Pepperoni and Extra Cheese. The order was about $35.00 with a $4.00 delivery fee. About 40 minutes later the delivery driver arrived and this guy had to weigh at least 400 pounds and was a walking mess. As he was taking the Pizzas out of the bag he passed very loud wind and did not excuse himself. I was shocked. Then he asked me, "Sir, I really have to go to the bathroom really bad and could I use your bathroom?" I said to him, "Fine, but please make it quick". He was in there about 5 minutes and came out and thanked me for letting him use the bathroom and he left.

I went over to my kitchen table and I opened the first box and I looked and I looked again and the bottom of one of the Pizza's was raw and not cooked at all then I opened the other box and there was barely any extra cheese or pepperoni and I was very upset over this. Everyone was hungry so I had to heat up my oven to heat and cook the Pizzas. While the Pizzas were in my oven cooking my wife yelled out from the other side of the house and she said, "Oh My God, you have to come see this now!" I said to her, "What is wrong?" She replied, "I can't put it into words and come to the bathroom".

I went into the bathroom and I looked down into the toilet and there was a large human fecal matter at least 3 feet long and sticking out of the water and it was left by the Papa John's delivery driver and he did not even flush it down. I did flush it but I was scared due to the size of it the toilet might overflow and run all over my bathroom floor but I got lucky and it went down in one flush. I was very angry over this due to the fact the Pizza's were not made the way we ordered them and I had to put them both in the over to heat and cook them and the delivery driver had done what he had done in our bathroom.

I called the store and demanded to speak to the manager and I was put on hold and finally he came on and I explained the situation to him and he replied to me, "Sir, that is impossible as all of our Pizza's are made to order with the highest of quality ingredients and I do not control the bowel movements of our drivers and I do not know what to tell you" and he hung up on me. We will never ever order from Papa John's ever again due to this episode we had encountered with them!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Every time I have ordered from Papa John's (Ilford Branch) I have been dissatisfied with every experience. The pizzas have arrived stone cold and pizzas have arrived extremely late. I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and placed an order today at 18:11 online. Over an hour later the pizzas had not arrived so I called to find out what was going on and was told that the driver had a few deliveries to do and was on route. At 19:37 I received a phone call from the branch to tell me that the driver was waiting outside for 15 minutes and that he was calling my landline. I don't know where the driver was but he certainly wasn't wait outside my house and he certainly did not attempt to call the landline. He told me the driver was back at the branch and that he could send him out again with the pizzas.

At this point I was fuming as they were going to send the driver out with stone cold pizza and it had been almost 2 hours since the order had been placed. I was really disappointed so asked for them not to worry and give me back my money as I could've cooked my own food in the time that they took. And I was told that they were unable to give me a refund and that the only thing they could do was to send the driver out again to re-deliver. I was adamant that they delivered fresh hot pizzas and not ones that had been re-heated. What happens just after 8pm the pizzas arrive and guess what - they tasted like they had be re-heated and delivered again lukewarm. This is the last time I ever order from them. I am absolutely disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered two pizzas from Papa John’s in Inglewood, Ca. I've been carrying out from here for years, but this is the first time I've ordered delivery. My order was supposed to take 20-30 mins. The driver called & asked us for directions. I have never had a driver call & ask for directions. Come on now. It's 2018, phones come with a GPS. Even after we gave directions, 20 mins go by with still no order. We don't even live 20 mins from Papa John’s. I spoke with someone there who says they always have problems with this driver & asked me to give him a few mins. I called back & another employee answered & was so unprofessional. I asked to cancel my order & he kept repeating the address & wouldn't put a manager on the phone.

I hung up & finally spoke with the first employee. I have never dealt with such foolishness. I've sat here for a hr waiting for pizza to feed my toddler who is now up past his bedtime & has school tomorrow, because I had to make him something after we've waited all this time for our pizza. While mistakes do happen, the second employee that I spoke with was childish & very unprofessional & we will not be ordering delivery from here again. If we even decide to even carry out. I'll stick Domino’s & Pizza Hut. Smfh. Luckily for them Consumer Affairs is nice because I'd give zero stars to these goofies.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Do not order Papa John's folks. These guys don't care about complaints. I brought up a case where I went ordered pizza and they double charged me. I brought the issue up to the mgr at the store he wants to be rude and close the window and call the police. I told him I don't worry about police. I wait and made report these guys trying to cheat me and discrimination. So don't order Papa John's. They are bunch of rude people don't give a damn about customer service and I was one of their regular customers. My child grew up eating Papa John's. Not anymore.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I ordered pizza for delivery and when the driver got here and called. I asked to give me 2 mins to come down the elevator. Merely 1 minute later, as I am on my way down, he called yelling at me to hurry up. I checked my call history and it had not even been into a minute since his first call. I picked up and said I was on my way and hung up. He called right back. When I got down to get my pizza, I decided not to tip. Mind you, I was charged for delivery. The guy proceeded to cussing at me and using very vulgar words. I called/wrote Papa John's to report this incident and all they could do was offer me 40% off my next order. Despicable!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I wanted to say Thank You Papa John's for coming back to Hawkins TX again. You are the only good Pizza Place around, when you come to our town. We hope Y'all will continue to come back to Hawkins TX and one day open up a Papa John's here...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Papa John's on Saint Barbara’s rd - First off they were 2 hours late and then the driver refused to get out the car because he claimed he got robbed before. I explained to the driver and the store that I have kids in the house. I am not leaving the house. My kids are too important to leave and walk across the street. Anyone could be watching and come right in my house. What is the point of giving a delivery driver your door number when they refuse to do their job. I told the driver, "This is the position you chose to do and those are the consequences but being robbed are all material things that you can get back. My kids I can’t replace."

Original review: July 18, 2018

I placed an order. It was delivered incomplete. I then called the store only to speak with a rude manager who did not attempt to make things right. I feel no matter the cost when you place an order and pay money for what you want, at the very least you deserve adequate customer service. While where there are human hands there's bound to be error. The aftermath is what potentially could make a difference. I will never order Alliance, Ohio Papa John’s again.

I placed an order it was delivered incomplete. I then called the store only to speak with a rude manager who did not attempt to make things right. I feel no matter the cost when you place an order and pay money for what you want, at the very least you deserve adequate customer service. While where there are human hands there's bound to be error the aftermath is what potentially could make a difference. I will never order Alliance, Ohio Papa Johns again

Original review: July 13, 2018

I ordered 2 Pizzas from Papa John's in Exton, PA for a business luncheon. They were to be delivered within 45 minutes. It was delivered in 75 min and it was not what I ordered. I called and spoke with the same person that took my order. I told him it was not what I ordered. He replied that I got what I ordered. I again told him I did not. He again said that I got exactly what I ordered. I started to say that "you are an idiot if you don't listen to a customer". All I got out was "you are an idiot" and he cut me off and got very angry. He said "Oh you think I am an idiot then you are a stupid **." Use your imagination on that reply.

I could not believe what I thought I heard. So I asked "what did you just say to me?" To my utter shock he repeated himself with the same disgusting remark. I was mortified and told him that I would be filing a complaint with Papa John Corporate and anywhere else that I could. I filed the complaint and was told by the so called Customer Service Rep that he was shocked because "USUALLY" their employees don't talk to customers like that. Again I was floored and said "USUALLY" they don't or never, ever? He said he filed the complaint and I would hear back within 48 hours. Well it's been weeks and nothing. Until last week one of our employees ordered lunch and had a company shirt on.

The Manager asked him if he knew me. He replied "yes, she is one of our Directors." The Manager told him that there was an incident with one of his employees and he wanted to apologize. So he gave him 3 coupons to give to me. Needless to say I did not accept them as I will never go back even if it's FREE. My husband and daughter were both very upset at what the man said to their wife and mother. Totally unbelievable and more so unacceptable. What can I do to drive this home to Papa John management and employees? If you think I should pursue with an attorney or media I will gladly do so.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I tried to place a order over the phone and the person that picked up the phone was very rude. She started the conversation off with "It's a hour and a half on delivery and a 45 min wait on takeout, do you want to order or not"? I stated yes then I proceeded to ask her did they have a special and without hesitation she stated, "No!" I was like ok then she just hung up the phone. No sorry, thank you or anything. I understand they may be busy but there's a way to handle customers.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I ordered a garden pizza with extra cheese and it was nasty. First I didn't get the extra cheese They charge me for, it was swimming in tomato sauce. The dough wasn't done. It was raw. That's the nastiest pizza I ever ate. I put it in the oven to bake it some more but it's still nasty and the vegetables burn. I wasted my 20 dollars. It wasn't worth it.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Today is May 28, 2018. Today I ordered a gluten free pizza and barbecue chicken. Lets start with the pizza. When I was watching it being baked and box I thought that it would be hot. Well it was not. It was cold. I tried to warm it up but that made it worse. The taste was like nothing I have ever tasted. Bad and nasty. The toppings tasted old. Funny taste. Now the chicken. First it was the smell. It still smelled raw and the taste was the same. I tried to reheat and it had that raw taste to it. I just threw it all away. No!!! I do not have that kind of money to do that. I was mad and upset. I don't think I will ever order from them again. Please refund...nasty food. They did not leave a receipt.

Original review: April 18, 2018

So if you ever want to be called a ** in 2018 go to Papa John Pizza located 4213 Summer Ave. PLEASE SHARE!!! I was shocked and felt very violated that someone of a different color (**) in 2018 felted it was okay to call me such a name, this has not happened to me in 30 years or so. I did what big girls do and reported the incident to their Corporate office. And stated in the message, "Your employees is calling people **. Please contact me."

5 Days later... A call, the manager stated, "Well I know what the employee said happen, let's hear yours side. Okay?" I though... I proceeded to explain the incident and he begin telling me, "Well I have had this employee for 20 years and no incidents ever happened, no write up, nothing says he would act like this." As if I'm lying. I explain to him, "I work on avg. 75 hours weekly. For me to STOP what I am doing and walk into your store and then leave out and call your corp. wasn't because I had nothing else to do, it was because there is a problem there." This DM NEVER said, "I'm sorry on behalf of anything situation, employee, experience," nothing. But he did ask me about my employee's parking on his lot... Go figure. PAPA JOHN DOES NOT DESERVE OUR MONEY... PERIOD.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased a pizza from Papa John's at 1650 Margaret St. # 307 restaurant #2883 Jacksonville Fl 32204. However I presented a coupon for $10 with five toppings and quantity two large pizza. It was hot with only and very little pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, and olives. No canadian bacon and green peppers! It was also sloppy when you pick one slice to eat besides the additives fell off the dough bread.

Original review: April 1, 2018

The ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE IN THE 57 years I have been breathing air! Okay so I never visited a Papa John's ever so this was my first and last time calling or stepping foot into a Papa John’s anywhere USA. I called the Papa John’s in Bismarck ND to order delivery on 03/30/2018 at 6:10 PM. My order was a simple medium, thin crust 5 ingredient pizza cut Chicago-style (squares) and a 16-piece bone in wings with a 2-liter of soda. I also confirmed with the person taking my order that the pizza and wings were to be well done and cut Chicago style at least 3 times and was assured without hesitation it would be done exactly to my request. Cost was $40.32 which I thought was very pricey but went with it anyway.

Now on this night there was a winter storm going on so I wasn't concerned with the time of delivery at first but that changed drastically as this story progresses. I was told 30-45 minutes for the delivery, no problem. I was fine with that and placed my order. At about 7:15 PM I called to check on my order as it had still not arrived and was told he was out with my delivery. I said, “Ok, thanks,” and ended the call. 20 minutes later (7:35) the guy arrived with my delivery and I was on the phone talking to Penske truck as I had just moved from Connecticut to Bismarck 1 week prior to this and needed to confirm a few details about the truck rental. I answered the door and indicated to the delivery guy that I was on the phone, took my food from him and handed him $45.00 cash and gave him a thumbs up and he left.

10 minutes later I finished my call with Penske and opened my pizza. I was appalled as the pizza was like a wet noodle (not cooked fully) when I picked a slice up (let alone well done). It wasn't cut in squares (Chicago style) and all the ingredients were in a tight circle around the center of the pizza leaving a 2-3 inch gap between the crust and ingredients around the entire pizza, not to mention very sparse ingredients at that and it was a hand tossed crust not a thin crust which was obvious. I then opened my 16 piece wings order and they also were not well done and after counting them discovered only 13 wings had been delivered. Okay so I'm a little perturbed at this point and call back and speak to a shift manager identified as "Jamie" and explained that they completely got my order wrong and requested they remake my entire order (after debating the issue with "Jamie") and he reluctantly agreed to do so.

So now it is 9:00 PM and still no delivery so I called back again and inquired as to where my food delivery was and was told they were extremely busy and he should be there shortly. Before I hung up the phone I see the driver pull up in my driveway and go out to meet him at the door. So he opens his hot bag and hands me a small pizza (not the medium I had ordered) and I told him this is supposed to be a medium pizza and asked where the wings were. The kid just shrugs and says, “This is what they gave me and I wasn't told to bring any wings.” So I then ask him to remain as I was going to call his manager and asked him to confirm that Jamie was a manager as he told me he was earlier and the driver would only say that "he is my boss" and stood silent while I called Papa John's.

So I get Jamie on the phone and ask why he sent me out a small pizza when it’s supposed to be a medium and didn't send any wings. Jamie states "I only agreed to remake the pizza not the wings" which was a flat-out lie. At this point I tell Jamie either remake my entire order and deliver it correctly or send a driver to my house with my cash refund in full. Jamie then states "I have made your pizza twice and I am not going to make a it a third time". He further states "I will send a driver back to your home with your cash refund". I then hand the driver at my door the first pizza and the 13 wings and open them so he can confirm on the phone the order has not been touched by me while his manager was on the phone and he confirms it with Jamie. It is now 9:30 PM by the time the driver leaves and I called a different place and ordered my food from there, received it and ate it without issue.

At 10:30 PM I call Jamie back at P... John’s and asked when my refund would be arriving as I was ready for bed. Jamie then states "I am not going to send you a refund, I called my manager and he told me to have you call him on Sunday (Easter Sunday) and talk to him". So I angrily end the call and go to bed. Now not only did he have no intention of calling me to inform me of this but his condescending ** clown attitude was also over the top. So the next day I call Papa John’s in Bismarck at 6:30 PM and ask to speak with Brian, the store manager and he gets on the phone. I politely introduced myself and asked him if Jamie had explained the issue to him. Brian then responded with an extremely sarcastic "UH HUH" and puts me on hold. He then picks up another phone (I'm guessing from his private office) and begins just verbally browbeating me nonstop and refuses to allow me to speak a single word let alone explain what had happened.

Then he makes the statement of this "you called my driver a filthy prairie **, what makes you think we are going to do a damned thing for you? We will not be refunding your money at all". This was all a complete made up lie as I have two brother-in-laws who are both ** and my last roommate in CT was also **. Needless to say I'm infuriated after hearing this and demand his corporate complaint information which he refused to provide me and stated "I am the district manager so don't waste your time lodging any further complaints as they will only come directly back to me and I will simply toss it in the garbage", and he then hangs up on me.

So I have to do a little online research but I finally get the number to Papa John's corporate HQ and file a complaint with the Corporate offices. Turns out he is not the district manager just the store GM and Corp HQ escalated the issue to the franchise owner and Brian's regional manager. My head is still spinning over this and now I wait for my refund until "They" investigate this whole issue. Please, everyone do yourself a huge favor and STAY AWAY FROM PAPA JOHN’S, most definitely the Bismarck ND store on N Washington Street.

Updated on 04/03/2018: Well, I gave this company ample opportunity to correct this and Papa John's corporate has decided to ignore my corporate complaint as has the local Papa John's here in Bismarck North Dakota. It's very sad when a restaurant employee is empowered to take advantage of their customers by making up lies to simply cover their ** for not doing their job. The worst part is the Corporate offices, regional, district and franchise owners are all on board with this disgusting display of a lack of integrity and morals by their employees and not care a lick enough to do anything about it. So now I have to decide if I want to take them to small claims court over $40.00. If I don't they will surely continue to inflict this appalling behavior onto other customers.

Original review: March 21, 2018

After I ordered a pizza from Papa John's Atlanta Hwy Athens GA #300 I started receiving fraudulent activities on my credit card. I called to ask questions regarding the procedures of credit card orders. When I asked the store # I was told 3 different numbers for that location then when I questioned why different #'s they hung up on me. I am very UNSATISFIED with the customer service & sanitary practice at this location. I will not order again & will inform all of my service. I made police report for the fraudulent activities & once we track the IP ADDRESS there will charges filed.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I'm a caterer for a charter school, since September of last year I've been ordering more than 24 pizzas a week from Papa John's on N. Tryon St. I've had to contact the corporate office regarding the lack of service at this location which led me to working with the District Manager and advising her of my service complaints. The problems that I've had consist of the pizzas arriving more than 30 mins late which doesn't allow the students enough time to have lunch. The slices are cut uneven, which gives the students the impression that I'm purposely giving them a thin slice of pizza or I have to give 2 slices to compensate. (Parents complain and want refunds, but Papa John's has never refunded me). I asked them to redeliver pizzas that wasn't satisfactory; the pizza was delivered at 1 p.m. to the front office secretary. Lunch hrs are 11:10 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.

The cheese has been stuck to the top of boxes on a few of the pizzas. The pizzas appeared to be dropped and shifted overlapping other slices; unable serve. With that said, I have attached a few photos of the pizzas delivered on Friday. I contacted the District Mgr and expressed my concerns. Her comment to me was that I always have a complaint. I tried to reason with her and advise her that she was definitely wrong. I've not shared all of these issues with but I can say the concerns that she was made aware of she did nothing but make excuses for her staff. When I advised her that my pizzas arrived 30 mins late, her comment was they have several orders to get out as well.

She's never offered compensation to show that she values the business I have given them since September (weekly). Nevertheless, I've decided that the 1.2 rating is warranted with this company and have contacted another company for the school. As a caterer I take pride in the product that I provide, maybe they feel they're only children but they are my customers and I desire to give exceptional service.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Driver came to deliver online purchased pizza and request to see ID and credit card. The purchase should be confidential where a driver should have my credit card data so as to verify and neither should I need to show my ID. Those verification should be done online; however, my guess did show credit card and ID. Her husband placed the order with his wife card as she has a Papa John account. Upon delivery the driver asked and was given both cards and refused to give us the pizza because the wife name is not on the order.

He held on to the cards which made us very uncomfortable as identity thief’s is on the rise. While questioning us as though he doesn’t understand why she is not a he. Because of the driver suspicious behavior we decided to cancel the order because he had us jumping through hoops and not handing over the pizza. When we called to complain and asked for a refund. The person on the other line was rude, he yelled at me when I told him I would report him and refused to refund until he sees the pizza return. We don’t know if the driver got back but the security of buying and paying online and having to show credit card information to get a pizza is not a secure way of doing online business.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

But when I visited my mother in Atlanta GA last month, she said "let's order a pizza" from Papa John's but I said, "Aren't they take and bake only?" She said, "No they deliver and you can pick-up a baked pizza." I had no idea but what the heck, we'll give it a shot! I drove down, picked up a large pie with several toppings and took it home. 1st thing I noticed, the smell wasn't like other good pizzas I've eaten recently but it's about taste so I wasn't worried. Sat down to eat with my mother and opened the box; for the price, it looked very skimpy on cheese and meats.

Then the taste test: first bites we both looked at each other with a "really" look on our faces! I spit mine into a napkin and my mother swallowed her bite. I exclaimed: "I thought Domino's was the worst but there's a clear loser leader now!" We threw away the pizza and called to complain. The manager said: "that's what we make so take it or leave it!!" LOL. Not worth the trip back to put that pie where the sun shines on him all day. This is my review of what we think is the worst pizza ever.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

My husband called in an order to Papa John's pizza. We had a coupon from a flyer. I do not watch cable TV, we have HULU and other smart TV apps. Therefore, I had not seen any of their commercials. They were running a buy one pizza, get one pizza free deal at the time, it was a much better deal than the coupon we had. The employees did not mention their promo, perhaps they are instructed not to. The coupon we used was a couple dollars off of 1 two topping pizza.

My husband and I have known each other for over 20 years. My pizza order has not changed in all that time, mushroom extra cheese. I do not eat red meat. I overheard the order and he did not ask for the pepperoni that they put on the pizza. The kids and him got a pizza with sausage and other meats, with plans to eat a few pieces of mine. Our pizzas arrived, theirs was okay. Mine had mushroom extra cheese, & they put PEPPERONI on it. The manager claimed up and down that he overheard his employee take the order. She did nothing wrong. If that were really the case, the manager should have noticed that they gave us 3 toppings, instead of the 2 specified on the coupon.

I brought the WHOLE ENTIRE UNEATEN PIZZA BACK. They STILL have not refunded our money for the 2nd pizza, which should have been no problem, considering they were running a buy one get one free deal at the time! My husband is a police detective in this community, & is a very honest, and reliable man. I have been complaining on Facebook, & was told we would get a refund, they would escalate the case. Sadly, that this was my first ever experience with Papa John's pizza, & with shoddy treatment like this, unfortunately, it will be the last. I imagine when the gentlemen are trying to decide what pizza to get for everyone at the police station, this story comes up. After all, they did this to the head of the narcotics department. You know, the guy that shows up when small businesses get held up by heroin addicts. The employee and manager are incredibly rude to customers, accused us of lying.

It has been two months since they sent us a mistake pizza and blamed it on us, the order number got accidentally thrown away, but how many people bring whole pizzas back with none eaten? I guarantee, they know who we are. You don't argue with people that hard and have them return a faulty product in a huff, and have no idea... It is the Goucher St Papa John's in the Westmont section of Johnstown, PA. I have read other complaints online about this same store. You would figure they'd do something about it, as it is harming the company's reputation.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I called in a order to the Mill Creek store one day ahead of my event and gave a time for pickup. My husband went to pick it up & the pizzas were not ready. I thought 24 hours notice would be sufficient. We will have a party and we needed the pizzas at a certain time. My husband asked the gentleman if he would do our pizza immediately and he said "not going to happen". The pizzas for our party were 20 minutes late. Will never use this company again.

Papa John's Company Information