2.93/5

348 Papa John's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 4, 2019

Honestly, this is the worst pizza I’ve ever tasted. It was like biting into a gallon of sugar. The sauce was sickeningly sweet, drowning out everything else. The chicken tasted like it had been refrigerated and not heated through. But the sauce...I threw the entire pizza in the trash. Never again.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Someone who identified himself as, “the boss”, told me despite the fact that I’ve ordered from them regularly for 2 years, that they don’t deliver to my address. When I questioned this the “boss” proceeded to tell me, “FINE, CALL PIZZA HUT!” There must be new management because I’ve never had any problems with them until now. I don’t give money to rude people. Won’t ever deal with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I ordered cheesy bread 2/21/19. Was delivered to my home. My 7 year old ate and she started pulling a string like substance out her mouth. I have yet to get a return call about the incident. They said its a franchise store and they can't make him call me.

Original review: March 24, 2019

We ordered pizza at 12:04 pm. It arrived at 12:56. Their Email for confirmation stated it would arrive in 25 to 35 minutes. Since the pizza was cold we think it was done but sat in the store waiting for a driver. After 40 minutes I had to call the store to confirm my order.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Ordered a standard pizza from our local Papa John's restaurant as a carryout. The quality and the flavor of the pizza is no longer what it was in the past. The bottom was burnt. There was a puddle of some type of oil puddled on the top. The quality has disappeared with the original owner. This has been our favorite go-to pizza place for several years. So sad. I won't be back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: March 17, 2019

This is absolutely terrible pizza. No flavor in any of the 3 pizzas I tried. I even tried the "new" "zesty Italian trio." Not even the banana peppers had any flavor. The texture of the crust suggested a comparison to box the pizza came in (no I didn't try eating the box, although I suspect it wouldn't be any different than the the pizza).

Original review: March 16, 2019

I have ordered from Papa John's so many times and even with their pizza tracker the pizza is NEVER ON TIME. I mean NEVER. When I go back to Missouri and order Pizza Hut I have never had a problem and I have ordered from them at least 70 times. Papa John's is also MUCH more expensive than other pizza delivery services. Also the food never comes warm, the delivery drivers are rude...

Original review: March 15, 2019

They have poor customer service. Manager is very rude. They never brought me a new pizza. Waited for over an hour and a half and they kept saying it was on it way and never showed up. Manager wouldn't give me my money back. He said I could have store credit and I told him I would not be ordering pizza. Never again from them. I just wanted my money back and I even told him he can have the pizza back that I was not able to eat it because it was not good. It looked and tasted like it's been sitting for a while. I even took a picture of it. This is not the first time this has happened but I just let it go. Location 83rd Ave and Camelback Phoenix AZ.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I ordered a pizza for me and my kids from East Rutherford, NJ. We stayed sick in bed for 2 days after. When I sent an email to their customer service and made a phone call they apologized and they promised me that the branch will call 'em back which never has happened. I have been Papa John's client for years but I will never ever try this pizza with rotten ingredients.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I am a regular customer at the Papa John’s on Ramsey St, in FAYETTEVILLE, NC. I went in to pick up an order and the Shift Leader standing at the register, taking money, handing the pizza to customers with a large comb hanging in his beard. After he handed me the pizza he began combing his beard. I was disgusted. I took a photograph. I called the corporate office four times. Finally after three weeks the general manager of the store called, said “my district manager just told me about this, I apologize.” I forwarded her the photo, she identified the fellow as her shift leader. So...that’s it! After all that... An apology. What did I expect? I’m not sure. Maybe a refund for that day? Something may have been nice.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Terrible customer service by the manager on Argonne in Spokane Valley. So rude, not understanding or compassionate whatsoever... inconsiderate **. Please fire the temporary manager. I work with DoorDash and they got an order wrong. The pizza I thought was right and it wasn’t. I spent an hour and a half driving 20 mins to deliver it. 20 mins to bring it back and 20 mins driving back to the customer and 30 mins driving home. I made $9. The manager said it was all my fault I didn’t double check the order. He didn’t say sorry. They wouldn’t offer to drive the customer a new delivery. They said rude things to me as I left to deliver the second order and said he will never let me DoorDash for them again. Ruined my night and I had a panic attack because I felt so bad and he was extremely rude. Never order from Papa John's. Not to mention they had 15 workers and no customers waiting and none of them could do their damn job.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I was disgusted for customers and the infant when I found out that my former employer (Emma ** aka Yami - first fired from Dominos, then fired from Pizza Hut so at Papa John's now) was allowing employees to bring infants to sit in the store for hours at a time. Basically turning it into a daycare center. Diaper changing simply doesn't belong close to food preparation areas. I really hope the health department responds to my queries soon. After I let the corporate office know, my former employer threatened me. Papa John's has yet to contact me. So I have to cause as much of a stink to make sure this practice ends.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I ordered a pizza to be delivered. The driver called to tell me he was on the way instead of just telling me when he was here. I called the manager to tell him how rude his driver spoke to me on the phone. And, he was rude and cutting me off. I just experienced very terrible customer service. And, as a former employee of this place I’m highly disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Papa John's 6615 Atlanta Hwy, Montgomery, Al - I ordered the MVP with (2) 2-liter sodas. When the driver arrived he had (1) 2-liter soda and the pizzas. He stated he forgot the other soda and asked if I wanted a credit for it or if I wanted him to bring it back. I asked him to bring it back which he agreed to do. I called the store because it was an hour later and still no soda. I spoke to the manager Tiffany who blamed the driver then offered me a store credit on a pizza and 2 liter soda that I paid to have today not later on my next order...I MEAN REALLY!! THERE WON'T BE A NEXT ORDER!! This isn't the first time this has happened but it's definitely the last.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I have ordered from Hurricane, WV store several time. I always order garlic sauce with my pizza. I pay extra for the sauce. NEVER have they gotten my order correct and get the garlic sauce. Call manager Alan and he blamed the driver. Didn't really care if order was correct.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Got great customer service and excited for my first pizza with them... But the pizza was bland. Hardly any flavor. Get a better pizza at a way better price at 711. I even can add extra toppings to a meat lover’s pizza with no charge. And that's under $7. Get real Papa John's... Your pizza is bad. Thanks anyway. I'll never go back.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My family and I were recently in Key West celebrating the new year. We decided on pizza and ended up at Papa John's. The girl behind the counter who was short, had braces and looked to be in her early 20's couldn't put her phone down long enough to even acknowledge our existence. She was extremely rude, especially to my wife and elderly mother-in-law. The pizza was greasy and terrible and no one in our party could finish a single slice. If this is a franchise, the owner needs to seriously reevaluate the caliber of their employees. I own a bed and breakfast in Chicago and I would never have an employee like this! My wife also noticed she had a bluish substance around one of her nostrils.

I will be telling anyone who is going to Key West in the future, do NOT visit the Papa John's restaurant. Disgusting, horrible service! If you have a bad attitude and poor customer service, don't work in the tourism industry. We would have had better luck asking a homeless person to dig us food out of the garbage can. The service and quality would have been a lot better. What a waste of money. I'm extremely dissatisfied, especially considering the rest of the workers we encountered in Key West were absolutely fantastic! This particular girl needs a job where she doesn't talk to anyone or engage with customers face-to-face. If the owner intends on the continued operation of their business, they'd do well to replace this employee immediately.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I ordered a cheeseburger pizza. One slice had a large piece of plastic that was broke off of something embedded in the cheese. I called the store and the person that claimed to be the manager was a smart *** and after I told him the problem he said that that store did not deliver to my address. I was certain that it had come from there. Later in the day I was very sick after eating 2 pieces. I was vomiting and had diarrhea. I will NEVER order food from any Papa John's again! The experience was bad enough but then to be lied to just to get out of doing anything about it!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It took an hour and 40 minutes to get my pizza. When I finally got it, it was cold. When I called the ** manager, I had to yell at him to get him to comp the pizza. At first, he was a real smart ** and acted like nothing was wrong with it taking 100 minutes to get a pizza. I told him never again and you are about to lose a customer of many years. Then, after my suggestion, he agrees to comp the pizza. I gave the delivery girl a nice tip as it was not her fault. This this the third time in a row I have gotten a slow ** cold pizza. If you want to order pizza, I recommend that you go somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My order came out to $40 and some change and the guy who took my order put pick up instead of delivery like I said. So hours went by and they said he made that mistake. It'll take an hour to deliver it so I said, "Nevermind I want my money back on my card." I talked to the lady and she said it would take a few days to get back on the card. A week and half goes by it's still not on my card so I called them back and they said they already voided it to go talk about it with my bank. Which by the way the card I used isn't even a bank card.

I just called them back today 3 weeks and my money STILL isn't back and the manager I talked to was rude and didn't help at all. He said he couldn't do anything about it. I told him I either want my $40 back or the food and he still said he wasn't going to do anything about it and to go talk to the card company. I've always been a regular customer to this same Papa John's and I've even had other small issues with them but this time is ridiculous that now I'm out of $40 and the customer service is horrible. I'm so pissed about this.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Called three times. No answer. Walked in the employee who greeted me walked out for the night leaving 2 employees to attend on peak hours, supervisor never greeted me instead decided to answer an incoming call leaving me there looking like a fool. Mesa Az Brown road and Mesa Drive.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I ordered a pizza last week to be delivered. I told the one on the phone I wanted the pizza delivered. Even give her my address. A hour later no pizza so I called them back and she told me my pizza was waiting for pickup. I told her, "No I wanted it delivered." The exact words out of her mouth was, "It will take another 45 minutes and an extra delivery fee." I said just cancel the order. As today's date I called the corporate office and all I get is a runaround. They keep telling me somebody will call me back in 48 hours which never has happened.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Imagine just getting home from McDonald's or Wendy's (or whatever) and pulling your double cheeseburger from the bag. You take a bite and find that between the buns are a few pickle and tomato slices... but no burger! Your reaction will be the same if you order Papa John's Double Cheeseburger pizza. The first thought coming to your mind will be, "Where's the beef?" Papa John's Double Cheeseburger is pathetically unsatisfying. Don't buy it! It is a waste of your hard-earned money.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I made a order at 12 midnight Saturday Night for Papa John's Pizza 199-22 Hollis Ave, Saint Albans branch and at 5:30 am I got notification it got cancelled. If that wasn't enough, I called them just now and asked why they didn't inform me, THE MANAGER some BANGALA guy I believe told me he didn't have any order and hung up on me. I called back again and said I want to speak with Manager, he said he is the manager and again hung up. THIS IS MISERABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Not acceptable. I would never recommend Papa John's to anyone now, you treat your customers like this. You will run out of business soon!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

We had ordered 2 Pizzas from Papa John's and what a big mistake that was. We had seen on TV a new BBQ meats Pizza and it looked really good and we had some company over and they ordered a Pizza with Pepperoni and Extra Cheese. The order was about $35.00 with a $4.00 delivery fee. About 40 minutes later the delivery driver arrived and this guy had to weigh at least 400 pounds and was a walking mess. As he was taking the Pizzas out of the bag he passed very loud wind and did not excuse himself. I was shocked. Then he asked me, "Sir, I really have to go to the bathroom really bad and could I use your bathroom?" I said to him, "Fine, but please make it quick". He was in there about 5 minutes and came out and thanked me for letting him use the bathroom and he left.

I went over to my kitchen table and I opened the first box and I looked and I looked again and the bottom of one of the Pizza's was raw and not cooked at all then I opened the other box and there was barely any extra cheese or pepperoni and I was very upset over this. Everyone was hungry so I had to heat up my oven to heat and cook the Pizzas. While the Pizzas were in my oven cooking my wife yelled out from the other side of the house and she said, "Oh My God, you have to come see this now!" I said to her, "What is wrong?" She replied, "I can't put it into words and come to the bathroom".

I went into the bathroom and I looked down into the toilet and there was a large human fecal matter at least 3 feet long and sticking out of the water and it was left by the Papa John's delivery driver and he did not even flush it down. I did flush it but I was scared due to the size of it the toilet might overflow and run all over my bathroom floor but I got lucky and it went down in one flush. I was very angry over this due to the fact the Pizza's were not made the way we ordered them and I had to put them both in the over to heat and cook them and the delivery driver had done what he had done in our bathroom.

I called the store and demanded to speak to the manager and I was put on hold and finally he came on and I explained the situation to him and he replied to me, "Sir, that is impossible as all of our Pizza's are made to order with the highest of quality ingredients and I do not control the bowel movements of our drivers and I do not know what to tell you" and he hung up on me. We will never ever order from Papa John's ever again due to this episode we had encountered with them!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Every time I have ordered from Papa John's (Ilford Branch) I have been dissatisfied with every experience. The pizzas have arrived stone cold and pizzas have arrived extremely late. I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt and placed an order today at 18:11 online. Over an hour later the pizzas had not arrived so I called to find out what was going on and was told that the driver had a few deliveries to do and was on route. At 19:37 I received a phone call from the branch to tell me that the driver was waiting outside for 15 minutes and that he was calling my landline. I don't know where the driver was but he certainly wasn't wait outside my house and he certainly did not attempt to call the landline. He told me the driver was back at the branch and that he could send him out again with the pizzas.

At this point I was fuming as they were going to send the driver out with stone cold pizza and it had been almost 2 hours since the order had been placed. I was really disappointed so asked for them not to worry and give me back my money as I could've cooked my own food in the time that they took. And I was told that they were unable to give me a refund and that the only thing they could do was to send the driver out again to re-deliver. I was adamant that they delivered fresh hot pizzas and not ones that had been re-heated. What happens just after 8pm the pizzas arrive and guess what - they tasted like they had be re-heated and delivered again lukewarm. This is the last time I ever order from them. I am absolutely disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered two pizzas from Papa John’s in Inglewood, Ca. I've been carrying out from here for years, but this is the first time I've ordered delivery. My order was supposed to take 20-30 mins. The driver called & asked us for directions. I have never had a driver call & ask for directions. Come on now. It's 2018, phones come with a GPS. Even after we gave directions, 20 mins go by with still no order. We don't even live 20 mins from Papa John’s. I spoke with someone there who says they always have problems with this driver & asked me to give him a few mins. I called back & another employee answered & was so unprofessional. I asked to cancel my order & he kept repeating the address & wouldn't put a manager on the phone.

I hung up & finally spoke with the first employee. I have never dealt with such foolishness. I've sat here for a hr waiting for pizza to feed my toddler who is now up past his bedtime & has school tomorrow, because I had to make him something after we've waited all this time for our pizza. While mistakes do happen, the second employee that I spoke with was childish & very unprofessional & we will not be ordering delivery from here again. If we even decide to even carry out. I'll stick Domino’s & Pizza Hut. Smfh. Luckily for them Consumer Affairs is nice because I'd give zero stars to these goofies.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Do not order Papa John's folks. These guys don't care about complaints. I brought up a case where I went ordered pizza and they double charged me. I brought the issue up to the mgr at the store he wants to be rude and close the window and call the police. I told him I don't worry about police. I wait and made report these guys trying to cheat me and discrimination. So don't order Papa John's. They are bunch of rude people don't give a damn about customer service and I was one of their regular customers. My child grew up eating Papa John's. Not anymore.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I ordered pizza for delivery and when the driver got here and called. I asked to give me 2 mins to come down the elevator. Merely 1 minute later, as I am on my way down, he called yelling at me to hurry up. I checked my call history and it had not even been into a minute since his first call. I picked up and said I was on my way and hung up. He called right back. When I got down to get my pizza, I decided not to tip. Mind you, I was charged for delivery. The guy proceeded to cussing at me and using very vulgar words. I called/wrote Papa John's to report this incident and all they could do was offer me 40% off my next order. Despicable!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I wanted to say Thank You Papa John's for coming back to Hawkins TX again. You are the only good Pizza Place around, when you come to our town. We hope Y'all will continue to come back to Hawkins TX and one day open up a Papa John's here...

Papa John's Company Information