1.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Papa John's

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

301 Papa John's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I called the call center and asked for 2 large pizza to be delivered to my house in Tala Amwaj...after one hour I called them. They told me extra 15 min... then I called again and the call center transferred me to the restaurant in Amwaj and I was choked that the Manager told me that there is no driver available now. After 1 hour 30 min (waiting for PIZZA).

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

It has been brought to your attention that one of their drivers is guilty of hitting a family's pet, killing it, (while the family witnessed this) and leaving the scene of the accident. Let them know that the driver was speeding through a residential neighborhood where children live, and all things considered, this does not reflect well on Papa John's Pizza, and that you feel this is an issue that is of great magnitude, and measures should be taken to insure that it doesn't ever happen again, whether it be a family pet or someone's child, and should be dealt with in a swift and decisive manner.

These big corporations need to handle up on stuff like this. They make billions of dollars in profit per year, and can certainly afford to implement some sort of "driver training" classes. If they are going to be hiring drivers that have the mentality that speeding through residential neighborhoods, hitting pets, and leaving the scene is "okay", then drastic measures are in order, and this problem needs to be addressed and dealt with immediately. One dead pet is too many. What is it's a child next time? As for me, I will be letting them know that this situation definitely means I will not be spending my money at Papa John's Pizza in the future. Employee was from Papa John's Mansfield Rd., Shreveport, Louisiana. Date happened. 1/10/2018.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I received a coupon for a free large pizza from Papa John's for my last order taking far too long. This is totally acceptable and I appreciated it. Their customer service is not the problem here, it is the food. The employees at this location are wonderful. And our food was delivered in a perfectly timely manner. My complaint is with corporate. I am skeptical that the wings I ordered (never gotten them before, just giving them a try) were even from real chickens. They are 99% fat, 1% bone, and have a very bizarre gamey taste. I never write reviews, but am going out of the way to urge Papa John's to please look into this issue, and to dissuade others from wasting money on something that tastes the way these wings do. Perhaps the chickens supplying these wings are prohibited from even moving or seeing daylight for their entire lives. That would be the only sad and pathetic, yet logical explanation. Absolutely terrible quality. Will never order again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

My husband and I ordered 16 wings and an xl pizza pepperoni and sausage. When I got home I opened the chicken box there was only 12 wings and my pizza was wrong. It was ham and sausage. I took the order back and the manager gave me back my cold wings and 4 wings they remade. Also gave us a new pizza. Upon arriving home I opened the pizza box and it was the same pizza they gave me before!!! They just put it in the oven to get it warm again. When I called again the manager Heather said she wasn’t going to replace it!!! I will never eat here again. Unless of course it’s free. Worst customer service ever. Also was not given a receipt but did include pictures of our order.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I promised my team I would buy Pizza today (Friday) as a thank you for their hard work. I saw Pizza Hut had 50% off but Papa John's had a BOGO deal. I chose Papa Johns and paid $29. If it were not a BOGO deal I wouldn't be complaining. But $29 for a BOGO pizza deal is insane!!! Too pricey. Last time I buy Papa Johns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I placed a delivery order at Papa John's located on 529 Stanley Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11207 at approximately 12:50 pm on January 4, 2018. Although Papa John's is less than five blocks away from my residence, I still have not received my order and the time now is 5:00 pm. The delay in service was extensive. When I tried to contact a customer service representative at the store number (718) 272-7272 it took two-three hours of non-stop calling before someone even answered. The person whom I spoke to was unapologetic when I requested to cancel my order. They kept me on hold for 30 minutes when I shared my experience and that I would like a refund. I now, have to call my credit card company to ensure this purchase does not go through because they were not helpful. I would only buy from this place if I loved being treated less than a dog. Where is the humanity?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I called to order a pizza tonight. The young man answering was a bit short. We're seniors and don’t need a lot of pizzas. I asked about special offers and his answer was buy one get one free. Not for us so I asked what a medium Hamburger pizza would cost delivered. He said $18 and I replied that it sounded a bit pricey for a one topping. With a little rudeness he said that’s what they cost. I told him the last order was wrong so I would just call someone else. Called Pizza Hut and got a large two topping with an order of breadsticks for $16.50. The pizza was just the way we ordered and tasted great. Sorry Papa John's but we won't call a third time.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Dec. 23rd 9 pm. Ordered a large pepperoni & mushroom pizza delivered to my home. Began eating it about 10:30 pm. Around 1:30 am, I awoke & started vomiting. My son who also ate the pizza began vomiting about 2:30 am. We both continued with vomiting & diarrhea for several more hours. We will never eat a Papa John's pizza again. It came from their location on Edmondson Ave. In Catonsville, MD.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Well first off my first order they said was going to take over an hour so I cancelled it and they said I could get a free one. So I called to get my free delivery and they couldn’t do it so I just paid and then it got to my house. I was eating my second piece and I found a long brown hair cooked into it and immediately stopped and threw the rest away. It was absolutely disgusting!!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Tonight my order was delivered missing one pizza sauce cup. It wasn’t a huge deal, but I did pay hard earned money for it. I called the store to have the missing cup brought out to me and after an hour, nothing came. I called again and the manager said that I was lying because he boxed my food himself (and apparently he never makes mistakes). He would not give me my missing food item. I consider this theft. The manager was also very rude and condescending. This was at the Cliff Road location in Eagan, MN. Stay far away from this location or even Papa John’s altogether.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

After waiting 3 hours 12 mins on my pizza, I made a second call and spoke with Pam that advised me my pizza was delivered to a couple that explained to the delivery driver as well as Pam they didn’t order a pizza. No call was made to me to inform me of the mix-up and yet I was told she would cancel the order so I could make another one however, the delivery time would be another hour wait. This should never happen to a customer. I’ve had nothing but problems when ordering from this store and yet I still support the business. This was the last time I EVER use them again!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I called and ordered a pizza and they said be 20 mins, no problem so I go in get it and they take my money. Go back to get my pizza and the girl comes back and says her driver didn't put it in the oven. As I stood at the counter while she was just sitting in the office doing nothing she should have put it in. Never again!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I order pizza from Papa John's for our family's pizza night. However this time I ordered pizza and received the nastiest pizza I have ever tasted. No one was able to eat their food or enjoy the meal. I called the store and we got the exact same gross tasting pizza. I will not be ordering from them again. I'll eat Little Caesars first. They should be providing the products promised great ingredients, great pizza not today.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Over the years the quality has become worse, too many crazy pizza creations, overpriced. I spent $36 on one pizza and a 2 liter. I should have just ordered from the authentic Italian pizzeria down the street for $10 less, I know I am charged $2 for delivery but it's ridiculous for the quality and waiting time 80 minutes!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The delivery fee needs to be explained and stated for what it is, a farce! The driver doesn't get it, and there's NO difference in what the store has to do to get the pizza to me. I tip the drivers $5.00 for each pie delivered. But, adding $3.98 (after tax) as a delivery fee is highway robbery and is just dishonest when the driver isn't getting it and you didn't have to do anything else to get my pizza in the box before the driver takes it? The fee started at $2.00, and quickly climbed to $3.75 within a couple years? I'm done with being cheated!! How crooked and despicable can you possibly be to gouge customers for a FAKE fee? START BEING HONEST!! Either remove the fee or itemize what it's for and where it goes!! Crooks!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

While visiting relatives in Fort Wayne Indiana my wife and I went to get a pizza, I get Papa John's pizza on every trip in every state we travel to and I always get for my employees too. There are 20 of us that travel state with our work, we ordered 6 pizzas and pop, when we got to job site all the toppings were threw right in the middle of the pizza, this was terrible, this was right in Fort Wayne. We are there around 7 times a year and have not been back, just thought you should know how your pizzas are being made in that city.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I will never order from Papa John's on BUCKNER BLVD location. Customer service was terrible. I ordered two large pizzas and they had the nerve to tell me I can only get two packets of parmesan cheese... I offered to pay more money but he was rude and told me no. He had no information about prices and promotions and act like he did not want to help me. Poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Haven't ordered from Papa John’s since I left Nashville. Friends & I decided to order from there tonight... I found coupon for BOGO, so ordered the pizzas. They arrived in a timely manner, but when I opened the box of the all meat one, we were disappointed that all the toppings were sitting in the middle. Not much toppings either! Is the quality you get here in Huntsville? Not caring, in a hurry, throw them on & go? Or is it because I used a coupon, so again... don’t care attitude? Think I'll stick with Venice!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Worst Pizza chain in the Houston area. All locations constantly mess up orders. I have given up on them. Every pizza I have ordered had missed toppings. I do not know how many sodas I've ordered and they show up at my door as diet. Only pizza company that lives up to my standards here is Domino's, because they are accurate on what I ORDER! All company cares about is money and they have a lot of it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

This the last time that we order from this place. Their Pizza quality and poor service have ruined the brand name in Bahrain. The people responsible for taking the complaints in are totally irresponsible and careless. Imagine you order something and they delivered something else (wrong topping) and they expect you to consume it by force. i.e. they tell you, no problem, just wait, we correct your order after two hours. Is this a logical solution for a mistake they did? No MORE PAPA JOHNS IN FUTURE.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Continued bad treatment of a loyal customer by 1 manager. I have been using Papa John's for 20 years for many occasions. The store on State Street in Atlanta is the one we have used consistently for 6 years, despite horrible service at times. We have had drivers vandalize our vehicles, insult us and our neighbors, and threaten my girlfriend. The last two years have been better, real good actually. Timely delivers, good drivers. But now this GM is a problem too. He is enabling bad service and a horrible shift manager to continue working there, named Kinsey.

We had a driver unable to get through the gate to our complex. Yes, there is a sign right there that tells you what to do, and of course no driver has a problem with it. But this kid did, and was very rude about it. Called me 9 times to tell me the gate didn't work. I called the Papa John's to complain about getting my phone blown up by this driver. What did Kinsey do? Instead of sending me a new order like the other managers would, she cancelled my order!

There have been two other times this horrible manager screwed us out of an order and cost me money and made kids very unhappy. The latest incident was inexcusable. I placed an online delivery order. After an hour of nothing, I called. I was told it was on its way. 30 minutes later, still nothing, I called back. Another girl assure me it had left at 3:19 PM, at this point it is 4:00. Then this Kinsey clown gets involved again. And what does she do - you got it - cancelled the order again. In fact she said it was never made. So these people lied to me and wasted my time, with an end result being a long time loyal customer getting screwed out of a meal and having their schedule impacted.

I had the district manager apologize to me (Dontcho) profusely the last time, gave me a free pizzas. But he didn't do anything about the main problem - this Kinsey. I have had neighbors complain about her as well. It is very unfortunate Papa John's has fallen so far down the tubes when it comes to quality and customer service. They are no longer loyal to customers who have been very loyal to them, even putting up with mistakes. I will never do business with them again. And I am spreading the word as to how screwed up this location has become. There is no excuse for this type of conduct in business. All I ever did was order a meal and ask why I am the one penalized because of drivers not being able to find addresses or get through gates.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Lately I have begun having issues with the quality of the pizzas I've been getting from my local Papa Johns. Today I received a pan pizza the was uncooked in the middle. Not good. I use to like their pizzas but probably will go with another company.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

It's been a few different times now that I have called requesting side items with my order (ranch, garlic butter, etc.), and each time I've only received one side when I specifically asked for 2 or more and insisted I pay for the extra ones. When calling requesting for extra side items, I've gotten nothing but rude attitudes from the late night shift workers. I work late nights at my job and understand being tired, but if I'm paying extra for delivery, I expect what I order online.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We ordered a extra large pizza with Canadian bacon, pineapples. Waited 20 minutes and did not know until we arrived home with three hungry children that the pizza was not cooked, cheese was not melted and was very little to none, the toppings was both very little to none. We called in to notify Papa John's of problem and were hung up on twice.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I've had a number of Papa John's pizzas in the past and the quality has been good. The last couple of pizzas I've got using an email "Special" not to mention the specials they have listed online and tried them both. This last one that I ordered today was the worst of them all, an extra large 2 topping pizza for $11 which is more than half off their regular price. Here's what I've noticed... When you order a pizza and pay the regular price, it covered plenty of toppings but when you order the "Special" it's half the price but also half the toppings... So it's not a very good pizza. They say you get what you pay for but this last one was ridiculous... I'd rather have Little Caesars over a Papa John's Special.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My husband (Demetrius **) ordered pizza from this facility on 8/11/17. We received the pizza between 5 pm and 6 pm. It was half pepperoni and half meat-lovers. Around 5:30 AM I awoke vomiting and my husband proceeded shortly after me. Unfortunately for us, our wedding was the following day (8/12/17) at 4 pm. I contacted the facility, and the manager offered me a refund for our meal but continued to haggle me that what we experienced was not food poisoning. With the help of saltine crackers and **, we made it through the wedding (there was no reception, no alcohol) later that evening and the day after we both had severe diarrhea (at this point we had consumed little or no food because the pizza had obviously severely poisoned us). It is now 8/16/17, and while my husband is feeling well, I am still recovering from the trauma of this poisoned pizza. I am now having a food aversion to all meat.

I am contacting the facility so that it does not happen to anyone else. The manager stated that if someone contacted the facility within 24 hours of my request and said they were food poisoned as well he would do something about it (what that means I have no idea). I believe he did not care how ill my husband and I were and how frustrating for it to happen the night before the wedding. Food borne illnesses can occur in less than 24 hours. I am currently pursuing a Master's of Healthcare Quality and Safety at my local university and I am just astonished at how the situation was handled. It seems the manager did not care and only bantered back and forth with me about how there was NO possible way my illness could have come from the facility instead of on trying to combat the issue at hand. I hope this reaches the appropriate persons so that others will be treated better and the situation can be handled more respectfully.

Original review: July 22, 2017

We placed an online order 3 days ago and ordered 2 pizzas The Works and the new XL Pepperoni. Went to pick them up and we made the mistake on online order which we wanted both extra large pizza to feed friends and family so when I seen the pizzas I explained I orders XL works and XL pepperoni. They said no problem, they will make us new ones. So as we sat there at Papa John's on Greenbush Lafayette Indiana we seen that there was a lot of call backs on orders that they actually made a mistake on orders placed. The girl answering the phone told them about the problems. He said, "tell them if they don't bring the uneaten pizza back they won't replace them." Then he said, "we're already low on cheese and other toppings we lost."

Well back to our story after our pizza was done we took them home and my granddaughter said, "Papa this pepperoni is way too spicy" and started to cry. Then other family members said the same thing and after opening both pizzas that cost us over $25 there was no topping, very little and a lot of bread. Thank God there was a friend there that just graduated from college and wanted to take the pepperoni pizza to have test ran on it and by just looking at the pizza we seen a lot of pepper flakes crushed up. After we confirm the test will be contacting a lawyer.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I ordered the pizza based on the website advertisement. I chose pepperoni and sausage. When I arrived I did open the box and peeked inside. Besides I had two more stops before returning home. When I arrived home, the topping were very skimpy with some slices only having 2-3 pieces of meat, and the crust was tough. Because I live 16 miles away - I decided to resolve the situation on my own by adding more toppings. It was the first time I have ordered in months, and it will be longer before I ever do again.

Original review: July 20, 2017

My experience was very insulting, humiliated and tried to use the police to intimidate me. I called in a order came on the store was not greeted. I asked the manager could she please wring up my order and she just about let me know that when she get through where she could have had an employee to see about order of Cheese pizza sticks so that I can leave. She had an attitude problem. And said she did not have to wait on me. I stayed and talked to the police. I am shocked and felt very hurt that I couldn't get my daughter her cheese sticks. Papa John have prejudice managers working for their company Griffin Ga. **. Pull the tape to see how awkward she was to me 7/19/2017.

Original review: July 7, 2017

This is the second chance I gave Papa John's, both times the pizza was overpriced and poor quality. I ordered a Garden Fresh large pizza, it took a long time for it to come and once it came it had very little vegetables on it and very little cheese. As much as they charge they should make sure that what they send out in worth what they are charging. The pizza was missing most of the toppings it was suppose to come with and the little toppings that managed to make it on the pizza were very sparse and right in the center of the pizza. For dang near $30 for one pizza they need to put better effort in the product. I will never order from them again. The worst quality and quantity from a pizza chain! Papa John's should be put out of business. False advertising or poor training for those that work for them, maybe both are the issue. I got no receipt even though I asked for one.

Papa John's Company Information

www.papajohns.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use