2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.5/5 (514 ratings)

About Papa John's

Papa John's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

The Xenia Ohio Papa John's pizza location is horrible! I placed online an order for a X-large pizza in which I paid for with my debit card. Papa John's called me and said they are out of large and x large pizza dough. They would refund me in 5 days. Yeah right. It’s 9:30 at night and we are starving. She didn’t offer anything else. I told her to call the supervisor and have her call me. Then the girl who says she’s the manager calls me back and tells me her supervisor is on the way with the dough and I would have my pizza by 11PM. 10:30 comes around and I call to find out when our pizza would be here. They then tell me they already refunded me the money and if I wanted a new pizza I had to order a new one. So unprofessional. No compensation, no discount for the inconvenience nothing. I also forgot to mention that the first “manager” literally hung up the phone when I told her that we should have as many small pizza dough that they did have in stock that would be equal to a x large at the same price. I will never order from here again!!! They are miserable at customer service!!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

Rude and unprofessional employees. You can bet that you Will wait at least 90 min and when it does arrive it will cold. Corporate does not care either. I've put in 3 requests for a call back through the website...still nothing.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I ordered my pizzas via the app. then tracking advised it would take over 2 hours to receive. I couldn't cancel the order myself through my account nor my email. So I called the store multiple times in which they would answer, then hang up or send me to a recording. I had to google the 800# & they still couldn't cancel my order. They stated they will email the store for my refund which someone will get in contact with me with 4-8 hours. SMH

Original review: July 16, 2021

Called in an order for a large cheese pizza and a gluten-free pizza. Became sick almost immediately after finishing my pizza. Called the store to speak with the manager thinking he would know that he was selling pizzas that weren’t really gluten-free that happened handled in properly and he told me that they weren’t gluten-free and then he proceeded to hang up on me. The location is on Robert Smalls Parkway in Beaufort South Carolina.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Ok what the heck happened to the sauce? Tastes like tomato sauce out of a can! Also the cut was way off - 2 small pieces and others cut totally uneven. It took 75 minutes to bring my pizza 2 miles from West Covina to Covina!!!! I used to buy Papa John’s but after this experience, never again.

Original review: June 17, 2021

This is a painful review to write. I have been a customer of the Papa John's in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA for many years. Due to poor handwashing practices, I stopped going to this location and started visiting the Papa John's El Toro Rd in Lake Forest, CA. Customer Service is fantastic and my pizza is typically made exactly how I order. On one occasion, I saw a live cockroach walk across the floor and crawl up the wall on the right side near the drink refrigerator. I pointed it out to the manager on duty who told me it must have walked in from outside. This caused me to stop going to this location for 4 months or so. During that time, I went to Papa John's in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA again. It looked like much of the staff had changed during my absence and their handwashing practices improved greatly.

On the one time I returned to Papa John's on El Toro Rd in Lake Forest, CA, I noticed a dead bug on the side of the freezer closest to the door. I did not point it out, however, I permanently stopped going to this location. I returned to Papa John's in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA up until 1 day prior to their permanent closing. On that visit, the food was cooked perfectly, however, the BBQ sauce they provided was expired - by more than 1 month. I did not realize it until we got home, ate a few poppers, and immediately knew something didn't taste right. I called the store and spoke with the Manager. They were polite and offered to have the General Manager call me back. They never called and the store closed permanently the next day.

I called the Papa John's on El Toro Rd in Lake Forest, CA and confirmed the Owner of both locations was the same. I asked the Assistant Manager of this location to have the Owner call me back. I shared my phone number was told I would get a call in a day or two. After two days, I called back and was told they were not authorized to replace the order. I again asked for the Owner to call me back. The Assistant Manager said they would call him immediately. About 20 minutes later, I called the store and was told the Owner would not be calling me back. I looked up recent health inspections and discovered the Owner's name is Sanjeev ** of OC Capital Group, called their cell phone, and left a message. They have not returned my call. Any Owner who refuses to discuss a legitimate customer complaint doesn't deserve to have my business.

Original review: June 11, 2021

Listen I was trying to give it a chance, but they disappointed us. Not only was it super expensive for a small pizza but it was also rushed. The crust tasted like cardboard and the pizza wasn't even cut right. Such a disgrace.

Original review: May 21, 2021

Pizza online Dickson TN. Was given a receipt of the cost & then picked up pizza box. Had core price then was overcharged & several times in the past the order has been screwed up & they just blow you off.

Original review: May 20, 2021

Pizza was cold, guy pulled up in unidentified car. No pizza logos, pizza wasn't in bag to keep it warm. Then I order 4 different ingredients which I could barely see. Where's my meat? I was very disappointed as this was my first time ordering from this store. Never experience this from any other Papa John's before then I tipped the driver.

Original review: May 19, 2021

This was by far the worst fast food experience I have had in my entire life. The manager on duty at the Lakewood office, Shauntel, Was very rude to me and actually hung up on me while I was still talking. From reading other reviews she is nasty to other customers as well. I ordered my pizza at 7:26 PM via the call center. I informed the call center that they could look me up at my previous phone number. I gave the call center my new contact information. The call center was able to look at my information that contain my old phone number and my current email address along with my old address. I discuss with the call center my new address. I was told that my pizza will arrive within 45 to 50 minutes. Normally when I place a Papa John’s order I get a confirmation email sent to me. This time I did not. I ordered over $30 worth of things to feed my family.

At 8:48 PM I called a local Lakewood Papa John’s and inquired where my delivery was. I was put on hold for about two minutes. The gentleman who answered the phone stated “my manager told me to tell you that the driver didn’t have the gate code and they tried to call me but the number was disconnected.” I explain to the gentleman that I live in a parking lot with many entrances and exits. There is no gate code. When you GPS my address on Siri or Google it literally shows a shopping lot. I also explained that I shared with the call center my new information. I explained to the gentleman that I also didn’t get my confirmation email and wasn’t sure that the order was even place to begin with. The gentleman asked if I wanted to speak with the manager because he only knows what she told him to say.

I waited an additional four minutes for the manager to pick up the phone. Shauntel reported to me that the driver did not have a gate code and my phone number was disconnected. I asked her what gate code she was referring to because I lived in an open parking lot and my apartment is literally right there. SHe rudely interrupted me and began to yell with the tone that her driver used his GPS and it showed that I had a gate code. I asked her if she was going to let me finish speaking or continue to interrupt me. I explain to her that I expect the same courtesy in return that I gave to her by allowing her to finish, while I silently listened. I explain to her that when you Google my address in any system it still shows the parking lot as it is a very popular area. I also explain to her the information that I gave to the call center that did not result in an email being sent to me to even confirm my order. Shauntel response was “Okay have a great night!” And hung up the phone.

I called back to get her name as I wanted to speak to someone about the way that I was just treated after I have waited over 1.5 hours for food, got no email to confirm my order, and was giving no resolution to my dilemma, and in fact was was disrespected. The lack of customer service from her was deplorable. The Young man who answered the phone told me to hold on while he got her name spelling and put the phone down. I then heard the manager yelling profanity in the background. Then she told him not to give her name.

The staff came back and reported that he wasn’t allowed to give her last name. I told him that I heard every rude thing that she said about me when he put me on hold. I told him that he had been nothing but helpful from beginning to end and I appreciated his kindness. I informed him that I would be making a report about the incident as no customer should ever be treated that way by someone who calls herself a manager. Not only was she disrespectful to me but she subjected her staff to Disgrace in her response to him.

Papa John's Company Information