3.16/5

359 Papa John's Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

So extremely disappointing!!! WOW!! This pizza was inedible. We asked for a large light Alfredo sauce, with spinach and meatball and Chicago cut. What we got was a soup for a pizza. Instead of light sauce. There was so much sauce you couldn't taste the pizza. It had no spinach and literally 4 pieces of meatball. We called the manager and he basically said, "Too bad." We will never order from Papa John Store #4767 in Miramar, FL. Avoid this Papa John's like the plague. This was the worst pizza, worst drivers and worse customer service we have ever received and worse pizza ever eaten. Never again. NEVER!!!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Papa John's has centralized incoming calls. When you call a local store it no longer goes to the local store it goes to an office that takes your order, doesn't know the specials, or the menu, the wait time, and would have no way of knowing if that store is out of any one item. It's a fantastic step backwards in customer service. I originally tried to login into the website to provide some common sense feedback, but didn't remember the login details and didn't have the option to use my phone number to help identify the account. Trying to make a new account didn't work because the phone number is assigned to a different account. More customer service constipation.. Corporate Papa John's is out of touch with customer service and common sense.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

My brother and I arrived at the Papa John's store #3635 at 324 S. Illinois Ave. Oak Ridge, TN 37830 on May 31, 2019 at 10:24 pm. We were told by the woman working at the store that we could only order a pizza by calling it at that time. At 10:35 pm, I called 865-483-3232 from my cell phone ** and ordered 2 large pizzas (see phone records for verification). The woman at the store hung up. At 10:57pm, I knocked on the door of the store inquiring about the pizzas. The woman told me she did not make them and muttered some excuse that someone told her "nevermind" and falsely implied I had said that. It's one thing that Papa John's employees refuse to make pizzas for paying customers, but it's quite another its employees are dishonest about their breach of service.

Original review: May 28, 2019

On a number of occasions, the restaurant on New Hallsferry Road in ST Louis MO has taken my online order and never delivered the food. This last time today was the last straw for me. Sitting at home with my kids and my nieces awaiting our delivery. Time goes past and no food. Finally I call the restaurant and the manager told me he has no drivers to deliver. Told me he would have called but they use Charter phone and there is a problem with his phones and he can not call out. I asked if I could just come pick it up. He told me no since he had already cancelled the order. This has happened many times before from this same location. They always take online orders but rarely seem to have drivers. Meanwhile you have to wait 3-5 days for your money to be made available for you to use. They need to really re-evaluate the way they do online business as they have finally lost a long time customer.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I order a pizza in Sunny Isles Papa John's and after 55 min I get a call from a Driver Marisol telling me that I have to go downstairs because she have a parking spot and I told her that it's plenty of space for deliveries for a few minutes with no problem plus I paid.. $4 + $3 dollars with delivery charge and tips to my door and I had a surgery!!! She started arguing with me that she don't get any money from delivery charge and she don't care if I call her manager! So I call the manager and explain to him what is going on, that she not want to deliver to my door even when they have place to park temporarily! Guess what? His answer was only "I'm sorry!".. and he didn't offer any solution! Unbelievable. Last time I order from this Papa John's store, I get somebody else order instead of mine! And the same Manager act like I'm sorry and they did not offer any solution! Terrible service and no Pizza and I now have to wait some days to get my money back!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: May 25, 2019

I had an experience with Papa John's on last night because it was short staff and I waited a little extra time for my pizza to be delivered. To make a long story short, my guest left and wasn't able to have pizza. But I called back this morning and they took care of me and I am very satisfied. This is a very awesome established and the manager is very awesome as well. Can't remember her name but she worked at 2 p.m. on this Saturday Memorial Day weekend. I know one thing, they put a smile on my face. Thank you so much Papa John's.

Original review: May 16, 2019

One pizza for $27.00. It was a buffalo chicken pizza with only a few pieces of chicken. It was way overpriced for what it was. We called the store and they just argued. Obviously couldn't care less about quality.

Original review: May 5, 2019

Ordered pizza online, I don't eat cheese so I skipped the cheese selection. Went straight to veggies. Apparently if you skip the cheese and don't specify no cheese they just guess what you want even though they have your phone number. I called, was put on hold for 15 minutes and then got hung up on. The second time I called they told me it was my fault and too bad.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Customer service is very hateful. The quality is the worst here in the West End. They rip you off in extra charges and no order is made correctly or delivered while it’s warm and the people running the store hang up on customers. If you're wanting pizza avoid this terrible establishment. You would get better quality everything from dog food! I only have issues with the West End location being so distasteful about every aspect of the quality and the people and way they run this business. They put a bad name to the company Papa John's name.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Papa John's in Hazel Green, Alabama use to have really good pizza and we ordered it a lot but this has changed. We've gotten mixed up orders, cold pizza with the crust not cooked that is doughy, crust burnt and literally black in places, chicken burned, garlic cheese bread sticks that are swimming in butter that literally runs off into the box when lifted and rarely do they bring the right condiments that we ordered. We are tired of getting a free pizza when all we want is what we paid for. Looking for another pizza place. Many frozen pizzas or supermarket deli pizzas are better than this.

Papa John's Company Information