3.3/5 (171 ratings)

About Papa John's

Papa John's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: April 18, 2022

Papa John's was my favorite 15 years ago. I ordered at least one per month. Somewhere along the way, something changed so I quit ordering Papa John's. I've gotten 2 pizzas in the last year to give them a couple more chances. Both were inedible. The crust is now a weird hybrid of thin, tough, and spongy, and the bottom of the crust is orangish brown. (OMG! Why? What is that?) Toppings are also much fewer than before. If I order a topping I expect more than 5 pieces of that topping on the pizza. Sorry papa. I'm completely done with you now. Your pizza is too gross to purchase. It's not worth $2.99 let alone $16.99! Even Totino's is better.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Took my order, said it was on the way. Then cancelled it but still charged me for the pizza.. I'm working overnight with no food. Thanks for nothing. I want my money back!. If you couldn't make the order why take my money!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Ordered 1 large thin crust pepperoni and hamburger and an order of wings. I think I got sparrow wings because they were so small for $11.99. I should have ordered a cheese pizza, where's the meat. There is more meat on a convenience store pizza. The only thing good was the liter of Pepsi. Papa's really has gone downhill.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Placed order at Long Street. Took an hour to deliver and on top of that I didn't get my complete order. Manager did not want to make it right. This place has the worst customer service. I'll just stick to Marco's pizza.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Online ordering was easy. The products however were of such poor quality the majority ended up in the garbage. It was obvious that one pizza was not freshly baked. It was a Tuscan 6 cheese pizza. Dry crust that was likely reheated. Terrible! The other pizza was a pepperoni and sausage 6 cheese pizza. Sausage tasted stale. The entire pizza was so greasy that everything just slid right off when you tried to pick up a slice. None of us could even finish a piece. The place was closed so I was unable to call and make a complaint. I just cut my losses, put them in the garbage, and prayed none of us would be sick from what we had eaten. Never again will Papa John's get any of my money. If this is what their products have become I don't see them lasting in the overcrowded pizza marketing world. There are just too many other better choices to purchase from. This little pizza disaster happened 03/13/2022.

Original review: March 5, 2022

I order my style pizza. I’m from NYC so I wanted to try it. They gave me old pizza that allegedly just came out the oven and was not even hot. The toppings were scant and were falling off the pizza because they threw toppings on top of old cheese pizza. It was ready in 5 min, that was the first clue. It also tasted terrible with very little CHEESE. This is an insult to use NY name for this mess. I would like my refund.

Original review: March 4, 2022

This happened a while ago now but here it goes. I ordered a largge pizza from them and this was a delivery I paid with cash. Now I don't buy pop from them because it is expensive. I live beside a dollar store. Back to the review the driver said he had no money and had to go to the store to get money so I waited. 20 minutes goes by and still nothing so I called the store and was told the driver was on his way with another delivery and will drop the money off then ps he didn't. Ten more minutes goes by and still nothing so I call again and am told the same thing. He is on another delivery and will drop it off then. At this time 45 minutes goes by and I'm pissed so my dad came to my room and said, "Give me your phone" so I do. He calls the store up and threatened to call the police and have the driver arrested for theft if he is not here in 5 minutes. That driver got there so fast. He got there in a minute flat, tried to apologize but I told him to shut up.

There is no reason to steal a tip of a loyal customer. Will never order again. This is what Papa John's is now. Stupid scammers who need to just quit. I used to work there and the pizza before was so good. The crust was perfect size. It was not flat like it is now. Fix your ** or the store we all used to love will go under. STOP SCAMMING THE CUSTOMERS. DELIVERY IS NOT A EXCUSE FOR YOU TO STEAL TIPS OFF OF CUSTOMERS. GROW UP.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Horrible service. Placed an order online, received confirmation and delivery time. Papa tracker said on it's way. Then the tracker said cancelled. Called store to find that they cancelled our order after we waited near!y an hour.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I have been enjoying Papa John's pizza for better than 20 years and I loved eating their pizza. On 02/20/2022 I decided to surprise my wife who loves Papa John's as much as I do with pizza. I took one bite of the pizza and I did not finish eating the piece. I got the Pizza from the Papa John's in College Station, Tx. Off Rock Prairie Road. I wish the recipe would not have changed.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I know that is only .71 cents, but the special for the NY Style says that you will get a pie for $13.00 with one topping. Introducing NY Style Pizza $13. This is what the bill looks like - judge! Total before discounts $15.70. Specials: - $1.99. Discounts ($1.99). Subtotal $13.71. Delivery Fee $4.99. Estimated Tax $0.96. Total

$19.66. Imagine 30,000 orders...

Papa John's Company Information