1.16/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 11, 2017

289 Papa John's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I order pizza from Papa John's for our family's pizza night. However this time I ordered pizza and received the nastiest pizza I have ever tasted. No one was able to eat their food or enjoy the meal. I called the store and we got the exact same gross tasting pizza. I will not be ordering from them again. I'll eat Little Caesars first. They should be providing the products promised great ingredients, great pizza not today.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Over the years the quality has become worse, too many crazy pizza creations, overpriced. I spent $36 on one pizza and a 2 liter. I should have just ordered from the authentic Italian pizzeria down the street for $10 less, I know I am charged $2 for delivery but it's ridiculous for the quality and waiting time 80 minutes!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The delivery fee needs to be explained and stated for what it is, a farce! The driver doesn't get it, and there's NO difference in what the store has to do to get the pizza to me. I tip the drivers $5.00 for each pie delivered. But, adding $3.98 (after tax) as a delivery fee is highway robbery and is just dishonest when the driver isn't getting it and you didn't have to do anything else to get my pizza in the box before the driver takes it? The fee started at $2.00, and quickly climbed to $3.75 within a couple years? I'm done with being cheated!! How crooked and despicable can you possibly be to gouge customers for a FAKE fee? START BEING HONEST!! Either remove the fee or itemize what it's for and where it goes!! Crooks!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

While visiting relatives in Fort Wayne Indiana my wife and I went to get a pizza, I get Papa John's pizza on every trip in every state we travel to and I always get for my employees too. There are 20 of us that travel state with our work, we ordered 6 pizzas and pop, when we got to job site all the toppings were threw right in the middle of the pizza, this was terrible, this was right in Fort Wayne. We are there around 7 times a year and have not been back, just thought you should know how your pizzas are being made in that city.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I will never order from Papa John's on BUCKNER BLVD location. Customer service was terrible. I ordered two large pizzas and they had the nerve to tell me I can only get two packets of parmesan cheese... I offered to pay more money but he was rude and told me no. He had no information about prices and promotions and act like he did not want to help me. Poor customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Haven't ordered from Papa John’s since I left Nashville. Friends & I decided to order from there tonight... I found coupon for BOGO, so ordered the pizzas. They arrived in a timely manner, but when I opened the box of the all meat one, we were disappointed that all the toppings were sitting in the middle. Not much toppings either! Is the quality you get here in Huntsville? Not caring, in a hurry, throw them on & go? Or is it because I used a coupon, so again... don’t care attitude? Think I'll stick with Venice!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Worst Pizza chain in the Houston area. All locations constantly mess up orders. I have given up on them. Every pizza I have ordered had missed toppings. I do not know how many sodas I've ordered and they show up at my door as diet. Only pizza company that lives up to my standards here is Domino's, because they are accurate on what I ORDER! All company cares about is money and they have a lot of it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

This the last time that we order from this place. Their Pizza quality and poor service have ruined the brand name in Bahrain. The people responsible for taking the complaints in are totally irresponsible and careless. Imagine you order something and they delivered something else (wrong topping) and they expect you to consume it by force. i.e. they tell you, no problem, just wait, we correct your order after two hours. Is this a logical solution for a mistake they did? No MORE PAPA JOHNS IN FUTURE.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Continued bad treatment of a loyal customer by 1 manager. I have been using Papa John's for 20 years for many occasions. The store on State Street in Atlanta is the one we have used consistently for 6 years, despite horrible service at times. We have had drivers vandalize our vehicles, insult us and our neighbors, and threaten my girlfriend. The last two years have been better, real good actually. Timely delivers, good drivers. But now this GM is a problem too. He is enabling bad service and a horrible shift manager to continue working there, named Kinsey.

We had a driver unable to get through the gate to our complex. Yes, there is a sign right there that tells you what to do, and of course no driver has a problem with it. But this kid did, and was very rude about it. Called me 9 times to tell me the gate didn't work. I called the Papa John's to complain about getting my phone blown up by this driver. What did Kinsey do? Instead of sending me a new order like the other managers would, she cancelled my order!

There have been two other times this horrible manager screwed us out of an order and cost me money and made kids very unhappy. The latest incident was inexcusable. I placed an online delivery order. After an hour of nothing, I called. I was told it was on its way. 30 minutes later, still nothing, I called back. Another girl assure me it had left at 3:19 PM, at this point it is 4:00. Then this Kinsey clown gets involved again. And what does she do - you got it - cancelled the order again. In fact she said it was never made. So these people lied to me and wasted my time, with an end result being a long time loyal customer getting screwed out of a meal and having their schedule impacted.

I had the district manager apologize to me (Dontcho) profusely the last time, gave me a free pizzas. But he didn't do anything about the main problem - this Kinsey. I have had neighbors complain about her as well. It is very unfortunate Papa John's has fallen so far down the tubes when it comes to quality and customer service. They are no longer loyal to customers who have been very loyal to them, even putting up with mistakes. I will never do business with them again. And I am spreading the word as to how screwed up this location has become. There is no excuse for this type of conduct in business. All I ever did was order a meal and ask why I am the one penalized because of drivers not being able to find addresses or get through gates.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Lately I have begun having issues with the quality of the pizzas I've been getting from my local Papa Johns. Today I received a pan pizza the was uncooked in the middle. Not good. I use to like their pizzas but probably will go with another company.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

It's been a few different times now that I have called requesting side items with my order (ranch, garlic butter, etc.), and each time I've only received one side when I specifically asked for 2 or more and insisted I pay for the extra ones. When calling requesting for extra side items, I've gotten nothing but rude attitudes from the late night shift workers. I work late nights at my job and understand being tired, but if I'm paying extra for delivery, I expect what I order online.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

We ordered a extra large pizza with Canadian bacon, pineapples. Waited 20 minutes and did not know until we arrived home with three hungry children that the pizza was not cooked, cheese was not melted and was very little to none, the toppings was both very little to none. We called in to notify Papa John's of problem and were hung up on twice.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I've had a number of Papa John's pizzas in the past and the quality has been good. The last couple of pizzas I've got using an email "Special" not to mention the specials they have listed online and tried them both. This last one that I ordered today was the worst of them all, an extra large 2 topping pizza for $11 which is more than half off their regular price. Here's what I've noticed... When you order a pizza and pay the regular price, it covered plenty of toppings but when you order the "Special" it's half the price but also half the toppings... So it's not a very good pizza. They say you get what you pay for but this last one was ridiculous... I'd rather have Little Caesars over a Papa John's Special.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

My husband (Demetrius **) ordered pizza from this facility on 8/11/17. We received the pizza between 5 pm and 6 pm. It was half pepperoni and half meat-lovers. Around 5:30 AM I awoke vomiting and my husband proceeded shortly after me. Unfortunately for us, our wedding was the following day (8/12/17) at 4 pm. I contacted the facility, and the manager offered me a refund for our meal but continued to haggle me that what we experienced was not food poisoning. With the help of saltine crackers and **, we made it through the wedding (there was no reception, no alcohol) later that evening and the day after we both had severe diarrhea (at this point we had consumed little or no food because the pizza had obviously severely poisoned us). It is now 8/16/17, and while my husband is feeling well, I am still recovering from the trauma of this poisoned pizza. I am now having a food aversion to all meat.

I am contacting the facility so that it does not happen to anyone else. The manager stated that if someone contacted the facility within 24 hours of my request and said they were food poisoned as well he would do something about it (what that means I have no idea). I believe he did not care how ill my husband and I were and how frustrating for it to happen the night before the wedding. Food borne illnesses can occur in less than 24 hours. I am currently pursuing a Master's of Healthcare Quality and Safety at my local university and I am just astonished at how the situation was handled. It seems the manager did not care and only bantered back and forth with me about how there was NO possible way my illness could have come from the facility instead of on trying to combat the issue at hand. I hope this reaches the appropriate persons so that others will be treated better and the situation can be handled more respectfully.

Original review: July 22, 2017

We placed an online order 3 days ago and ordered 2 pizzas The Works and the new XL Pepperoni. Went to pick them up and we made the mistake on online order which we wanted both extra large pizza to feed friends and family so when I seen the pizzas I explained I orders XL works and XL pepperoni. They said no problem, they will make us new ones. So as we sat there at Papa John's on Greenbush Lafayette Indiana we seen that there was a lot of call backs on orders that they actually made a mistake on orders placed. The girl answering the phone told them about the problems. He said, "tell them if they don't bring the uneaten pizza back they won't replace them." Then he said, "we're already low on cheese and other toppings we lost."

Well back to our story after our pizza was done we took them home and my granddaughter said, "Papa this pepperoni is way too spicy" and started to cry. Then other family members said the same thing and after opening both pizzas that cost us over $25 there was no topping, very little and a lot of bread. Thank God there was a friend there that just graduated from college and wanted to take the pepperoni pizza to have test ran on it and by just looking at the pizza we seen a lot of pepper flakes crushed up. After we confirm the test will be contacting a lawyer.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I ordered the pizza based on the website advertisement. I chose pepperoni and sausage. When I arrived I did open the box and peeked inside. Besides I had two more stops before returning home. When I arrived home, the topping were very skimpy with some slices only having 2-3 pieces of meat, and the crust was tough. Because I live 16 miles away - I decided to resolve the situation on my own by adding more toppings. It was the first time I have ordered in months, and it will be longer before I ever do again.

Original review: July 20, 2017

My experience was very insulting, humiliated and tried to use the police to intimidate me. I called in a order came on the store was not greeted. I asked the manager could she please wring up my order and she just about let me know that when she get through where she could have had an employee to see about order of Cheese pizza sticks so that I can leave. She had an attitude problem. And said she did not have to wait on me. I stayed and talked to the police. I am shocked and felt very hurt that I couldn't get my daughter her cheese sticks. Papa John have prejudice managers working for their company Griffin Ga. **. Pull the tape to see how awkward she was to me 7/19/2017.

Original review: July 7, 2017

This is the second chance I gave Papa John's, both times the pizza was overpriced and poor quality. I ordered a Garden Fresh large pizza, it took a long time for it to come and once it came it had very little vegetables on it and very little cheese. As much as they charge they should make sure that what they send out in worth what they are charging. The pizza was missing most of the toppings it was suppose to come with and the little toppings that managed to make it on the pizza were very sparse and right in the center of the pizza. For dang near $30 for one pizza they need to put better effort in the product. I will never order from them again. The worst quality and quantity from a pizza chain! Papa John's should be put out of business. False advertising or poor training for those that work for them, maybe both are the issue. I got no receipt even though I asked for one.

Original review: July 6, 2017

We ordered a double XXL pizza. They asked what we wanted on it, and we said pepperoni & extra cheese. We waited for our order. After it came we discovered not only was there no extra cheese, there was sausage on it. We called and told them about the problem, so they said that they'd have another one right out. When that one came it was the EXACT SAME PIZZA. We were then told that all XXL pizza's come like that, but the sticker clearly says extra cheese & extra pepperoni, minus Italian sausage. (+ Extra Cheese, - Italian Sausage, + Pepperoni).

If all XXL pizzas come like that, it would have been nice to know because we would have ordered differently. Now we have 2 pizzas that nobody here is going to eat, and we're out almost $26. How is this our fault, and can we get a refund? We used to like Papa Johns, but it appears quality and customer service are a thing of the past. How in the world is this our fault??? P.S. the 1 star is only because it's a required field.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I ordered a pie sometime in April after already having issues in the past such as: unable to process order online, card won't take, food never arriving, being hung up on when you call, driver wants me to meet him outside to pick up order, perpetually late, rude and verbally abusive drivers, etc. What can I say they are often late, But never again after this one! The pizza was delivered so late I had even forgotten I ordered, took me a minute to answer the door and what I was greeted with were erratic shouts and screams and I just wanted him to leave asap, being single I was startled and felt fearful, but I let it go. I noticed my card was not charged a day or two later and I called corporate to inform them along with filing a complaint on the driver.

A complaint was filed, no one got back to me and I thought nothing of it since I believed I did my due diligence; until a detective reaches out to me yesterday, months later. I give the detective all the information and instead it seems, he is simply trying to make a quota; he did not care about the truth or justice. Corporate Office could not reply as to why no one got back to me other than deflecting as to why did I never follow-up; furthermore, they expressed the Corona store is a franchise and I should try to attempt calling them directly first. Great, what happens when you call and they tell you that it is the wrong number??? The franchise owner information given to me by corporate is not correct, what does that mean?

It is only now after being personally targeted for something I did not do that I notice Grubhub and Yelp have multiple negative reviews about drivers at that specific store, Consumer Affairs has 268 complaints on file, PapaJohns.pissedconsumer.com has 746 complaints on file. I am extremely disheartened to find myself mistreated not once by Papa Johns, not twice, but to now be implicated criminally over a $20 pizza pie as if I am trash or that my character would ever reflect such a tacky demeanor. I will fight for justice for this mistreatment!

Original review: June 20, 2017

I normally order Domino's Pizza. This is the first time I ordered Papa John's Pizza. Order Detail: 1 50% Off Any Pizza At Regular Menu Price 6.25, Large Original Crust Cheese Pizza, Grilled Chicken, Ranch Sauce. 1 50% Off Any Pizza At Regular Menu Price 5.50, Large Original Crust Cheese Pizza, Ranch Sauce. 1 50% Off Any Pizza At Regular Menu Price 6.25, Large Original Crust Cheese Pizza, Spicy Italian Sausage, Ranch Sauce. Total $18.00. Tax $1.17. Grand Total $19.17. Restaurant: Papa John's Store #1120, 1131 W. University Avenue, GAINESVILLE, FL 32601, (352)376-7272. They were providing 50 % Discount. But when I opened the pizza, I was shocked. Half of the pizza don't have cheese. Now, if you can't afford to maintain your quality, what is the point of giving discount.

Do you think I will ever order Papa John's again? The business will grow if you maintain quality. I didn't tell you to give discounts. It was not even a pizza, it was a flat bread. Only the ranch sauce was visible over the bread. The Papa John's Pizza was made by someone called Micheal. During summer break, Domino's also give discounts, but their quality is consistent. Maybe my expectation is very high for you, till now I considered Papa John's as the same standard as Domino's and that is why I am complaining. It took one moment to prove your pizza quality. Your service made me more closer to Domino's and I love Domino's Pizza. Any way, thank you Papa John's for the experience.

Original review: June 3, 2017

They are soooo rude and never have the same deals as every other Papa John's store. If you inquire about a pizza they use to have they act as if they don't ever remember having that pizza. It's only this Papa John's that always have not hot pizza. They're rude and always wants you to buy the two pizza deal or something higher. It's ridiculous how rude this store is and doesn't care... East market Papa John's are friendly. They're a mixed variety of all race and the pizza is always hot and ready. The West market Papa John's is mostly ** employees that are rude and always have no knowledge about any deals rarely... It's sad. I mean I drive across town to get pizza because of their rudeness, and don't let me forget. Rushes you off the phone and just really don't care. Hey Papa John's owner. All people like pizza. Something needs to be done... I'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Original review: May 31, 2017

We have been loyal customers for nearly two years and within the last year, we've constantly had nothing but problems. We order the same thing every time. When we order the buffalo chicken, half the time we receive it with no buffalo sauce! It's on their menu yet they mess it up? Once they even requested the pizza back before bringing us another one (which is fine to ensure we are being honest) and they can see our order online clearly but yet constantly mess it up and half the time management is awful. Granted, this is one chain here but we will never order from here again and I'm sorry, their ingredients really are not that great.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I visit Papa John's frequently on Fridays before I go home after getting off at two p.m. Because where I moved to there is no Papa John's and Greensburg is a 40-minute commute. On May 12th I ordered two pizzas as I always do for my extremely small family of my daughter and I. I always ask about any specials then proceed to my order. The person on the phone told me about a special of two pizzas for about 6.99 which I got. The only reason we get two is because sometimes we like different things on them. One with pepperoni and one with ham and pineapple. Upon driving home and picking up my daughter who was "Eating on the run" because of ballet I opened the pizza box in the car and tried pulling it apart. Noticing there was no way I was going to be able to eat it because it was not cut the whole way through and also cut very poorly as in size.

A little frustrated I called the store to resolve the matter and the manager who I spoke to said that he did not cut them and that the driver did. But that he would replace them next time I was in. Well today May 19th I stopped in as a last minute decision and told the person working that I would like to pick up my replacement pizzas... After I stood there for about seven minutes with no greeting as the two workers were nonchalantly talking and walking around which I assumed had been going on awhile since the guy before me seemed pretty irritated rolling his eyes several times. He also had a mouth full of whatever. He told me he did not see it in the computer however he believes me and would make them.

I went next door to check out some movies then shortly came back. Upon returning he told me he had called the general manager and I was only owed one pizza. I told him that it was two. He argued with me as if I would lie about a six dollar pizza. Very unprofessional. After going back and forth with him as he walked away from me making smart remarks I then asked him if he could pull up in the computer where he printed my old receipt. The receipt said one extra large pizza for 14 dollars and some odd change. I actually have pictures of the pizza with dates and times on my iPhone because it was so poorly made which I completely forgot in the heat of the moment being so upset because I would've showed them to him and the other worker who thought it was amusing and added his two cents to the argument that pursued.

He asked me would I argue with someone at my job because I was in uniform and I work in customer service and I told him absolutely not because my company would NEVER question a customer or attack them the way I was attacked. I told him to give me the one so that I may leave and donate the other one. I am extremely upset by this and will NEVER return or recommend them to anyone. It's truly sad because I believe Papa John's has the best-tasting pizza around but the customer service was terrible.

If he can pull up a week old receipt then I'm sure they can pull up a week old video and watch me carry two pizzas out. I do not like to made out to be a liar and the incident has me infuriated. I did not see name tags however the main guy that I was talking to had said "Burke". I really think he needs to learn the definition of customer service so that he NEVER speaks to anyone else the way I was spoken to. I included a picture of the pizza that was poorly cut and that he tried to tell me had all three ingredients on it including pepperoni.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I'm here to give comments and suggestion to trained all the staff of Papa John's Dubai because I'm a regular customer and I notice not 1 or 2 of their branches havè the same attitude of their staff, and their service is very slow, and their staff are all rude as per my experience. I love Papa Johns and I'm a regular customer in Rigga branch and Oud Metha. How many time I experienced their rudeness and no respect with the customer. Guys, I understand how they feel if they are tired. I work also in f&b but you need to manage your customer relationship. As per the rules, customer is always right... and their service is very slow.

Original review: May 18, 2017

If I could give a portion of a star I would. Every time I call to place orders, these lazy drivers state they knock or get lost. Then they place "calls" to customers but if you answer or callback they never answer. It's sad you cannot support businesses within your own neighborhood. This never happened with Domino's serviced the area. #PissedEXloyalcustomer

Original review: April 19, 2017

I finally succumbed to John Schnatter's blow hard message of "Better ingredients, better pizza" so I finally ordered one from the store in Bellevue, Tennessee. For $16+, the "all meat pizza" probably didn't have a dollar's worth of stuff on it. I sent Papa John's Corporate an email complaining. No response. I'm done with Schnatter and his lousy pizzas. (Peyton, how can you?)

Original review: April 11, 2017

On 4/7/17 I've purchased 2 pies from Papa John's location at Far Rockaway, 4901 Beach Channel Dr, NY 11691 tel 718-945-7272. As soon as we got home all 3 kids age from 10-14 and myself started to eat. A few moments later I was alerted by my daughter that she had pulled out her mouth long/sharp metal shaving and placed it on white (NOT Papa John's) napkin and breaking it into 3 pieces. As soon as I found out about these findings I have called Papa John's store and requested to speak with Mgr. Person (**) was talking to me stated - "it must be from a can"- asked for pizza back with metal shavings so he could (sent it to his office fro inspection) and offered a replacement.

I contacted local authorities and EMS since they have more experience with this type of dangerous situations, as well I contacted my son's friend mother so she could talk to her son. After assurance and instructions from EMS personnel, I went back to the store. As promised over the phone, pizza pie was handed to me but Mgr had said through the employee that he has no time to talk to me and will call me later.

My persistent finally paid and Mgr had come to talk to me quickly pushing conversation away from the front desk to the front of the store. Quickly he started denying talking to me and any knowledge of metal shavings in my pies. He insinuated the pizza was in my possession between time WE picked it and home - he said about us making stops??? On our way home, then he stated that- "Papa John's DOES NOT USE ANY METAL CANS for their pizza sauce -but plastic bags".

I asked for Mgr full name and refund, he provided his but had mentioned but NOT disclose another "2" mgr's so I asked him if he was the one present at the time I made a call and he admitted to that as well return my cost of original order. I walked out the store just to calling him back and coming for brought leftover alongside with metal shavings we have found, while on the phone Mgr. ** stated - it's in the garbage (apparently there was no intention of inspecting it). As I walked back to the main counter I spotted/observed rack filled with metal cans in the back of the store. I have asked for pizza leftovers alongside with metal shaving for evidence just in case my kids got sick and it was necessary to know what foreign material there were in the pizza.

Mgr, ** finally got clear plastic bag vigorously shaking it down as he walked toward me. When I asked him about this metal cans I saw in the back he was speechless. Later that night I called my children pediatrician just to make sure and what symptoms I should pay close attention to. We will NOT buy from this place - especially when this rude and unsympathetic mgr work there! Upon arrival at home, I took some pictures and retrieved evidence from a bag.

Original review: April 6, 2017

The last two times we ordered pizza at Papa Johns in Laguna Niguel it was so dry we couldn't even eat it! I don't know if they changed owners, but it's awful!!! We've prev. ordered pizza from them for years and it was really good, but something happened. Last month we also got a terrible pizza, we gave them the benefit of the doubt, things happen, but two times in a row is just bad pizza. We will NOT be going there again and that's too bad because they are very close to our home. Sorry did not get a receipt.

Original review: April 3, 2017

In Kingston Tennessee Papa John's pizza was burnt! And the toppings around 3/4 of it was missing, I called manager and he said pan pizzas are well done, it was BURNT!! And he said "oh well. When you want another pizza it will be free", NO WAY will I ever go back there, it looked like they first threw it on the floor and then picked it up and put it in the box. AWFUL!!!

Papa John's Company Information