3.8/5 (919 ratings)

About Papa John's

Papa John's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

The Product is Not Quit As Good... The Customer Service Is A NEGATIVE FACTOR 300% WISE. IT IS ALL OVERSEAS FOR PROFIT ONLY... NO LONGER AMERICAN **. Old Papa John's, "Ain't What It Used To Be, Ain't What It Used To Be **" For years and years I, We ate there once a week... Not Any More! The Wheeler Dealer Pricing by The Colonel and his franchise has changed my mind. With a 3.8, it makes my point, Same Old, Same Old. I had a friendly almost a business relationship with an individual here at one of The Colonel's Location Here In Ashburn. Virginia... NOT ANY LONGER, THAT IS FOR 'SuRE!' The Individual employee not specifically mentioned, worked his/her tail off, who was dedicated and refused to give me any breaks even though I could get a better deal from almost every pizza place around, their competitors.

Now I merely order from one of any three of other brand name competing firms. The way our family has been treated, the way that Papa John's treats its employees, and compared prices, Lol. Both John * and The Colonel lie like a $3 hooker! ** Please excuse the expression, it is all the truth. While you wait on hold. Listen how "he" gives his opinion on the quality and how "he treats his employees," I know from first hand via what I witnessed. I assume that his personal sales expertise was learned from the used car salesman tactics first hand¿? Of course, it is what I saw that brings on that opinion????

Tully **

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I couldn't do anything but literally LOL. I ordered garlic knots, they literally rolled dough into skinny pencil sticks tied a knot & cooked. I wish I could send a Pic. SMH. Papa John's do better, doggone.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Papa John's used to be good in the 90s and 2000s. Now it's horrible. The shaqaroni is supposed to have extra cheese and pepperoni. It's pathetic how much their standards have been lowered. Will never go again. Marcos is the best now. They actually get your order right and the pizza is hot with a lot of cheese and you don't even have to ask for extra, it's already there. Come on PJs. Y'all can do better. It's like a no good little Caesars pizza now. Trash.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

Worst service....still.... I ordered a Shaq-a-Roni pizza and they put the wrong crust on it and the other pizza wrong size! When I called to speak to RUDE manager she told me she can replace my order but it'll be 2.5-3 hrs. WTF! I stopped ordering from them about 10 years ago for this very same reason and they have not change the type of Staff they hire. I would think Papa John's Pizza wouldn't allow that. I'm posting on all social media sites that I can think of. She REALLY need to be terminated from the Brown Deer location in Wisconsin.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022
    This is a Papadia steak and cheese [sic - Philly Cheesesteak Papadia] that I received from the Youngsville, North Carolina Papa John's office. No meat on it. No steak. The greens pepper sprawled all over the place lightly. I asked for light sauce. What did I get? No sauce. The bread, folded over on the one side instead of like it's supposed to be folded over. The meat, light. There's no meat. What is this? I spent $37, almost $40 up at that store. No more will I go to that store nor will I recommend it to anybody. Because you busy do not mean that you got to give people crap, especially when they paying for your salary for these sandwiches.
    Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I ordered a couple pizzas on- line for delivery at 6 pm. This order was placed 3 hours before the requested delivery time. I waited until 6:45pm and then tried to call the store. There was no way to talk to a person, all I got was prerecorded promos. I called back 5 times and finally got through to a snotty woman who refused to acknowledge that the pizza was late. She gave me a mountain of excuses and told me I'd have to wait another full hour before I got my pizza. Why does PJs offer scheduled delivery if they can't provide that service? The woman was extremely rude and told me I'd just have to wait since they hadn't even scheduled making the pizza yet.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

My daughter ordered online for pizza tonight. She ordered me a gluten free pizza. It was wheat and had a stale taste. I did NOT like at all, Very dissatisfied. And the cost was $14.00 for a SMALL PIZZA, really!!!!. Never again. Our order number was #**, Bowie Maryland.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Bad experience. I know people make mistakes and things like that but then you got people that don't want to take care of their customers when they know that they was wrong so I guess I'll be going back to Pizza Hut.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I put in my order. Hour and a half I received notification that my food was delivered which was not true. I called the the front desk person and the manager told them the situation. They saying the driver said they rung my door bell, knocked on my door. I said, "That's not true because I'm sitting here by the door and I have a Ring so that's a lie." I got my money back and negotiate with the manager to remake the order and deliver it with different driver and my food never came. It's a good thing that I had packs of ramen noodles to feed my kids.

Original review: July 31, 2022

I ordered A LG thin crust with 3 toppings a garlic sauce and was charged for the sauce and I didn't receive sauce. Pizza sauce terrible. I hardly had any Canadian bacon. The pizza was dry and expensive. I won't order again.

Papa John's Company Information