3.26/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Papa John's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

366 Papa John's Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Order pizza online and received it and it was burnt. Called back 9:53pm talk to manager and he said, "Want money back." I said, "No would like order remade" and he said ok. I said, "Pick pizza backup so y'all can see." It waited 1:00hr no call or show so I called and he said, "Driver on way." They were shutting down and I said, "Ok great." No one have showed. It's almost 12am. My kids haven't eaten waiting on food and called no answer. So wrong.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Why is it when you call Papa John's you don't even get to speak to anybody in the store. They have some foreign people taking orders that don't know the specials or anything. I like Papa John's and when I'm on the road working I order there 4 or 5 times a week but if I can't talk to somebody that is the store I will stop ordering. Papa John's doing this was a big mistake.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We are incredibly disappointed in the poor customer service tonight. We called to place an order for two medium pizzas, after placing the order got put on hold for 10 minutes without anyone checking in while we waited to give our credit card information so we couldn't even finish the order. When the staff member finally returned she was so brief we ended up saying we'd just pay cash and before we could get her to tell us what time to expect our food she hung up.

I called back to find out a time so that we could tell our hungry kids when to expect their dinner and asked if they were very busy and explained (to the manager) that we had been on hold for 10 minutes. No apology, no acknowledgment of this being inappropriate she simply attributed it to being busy. After repeatedly confirming that one of the pizzas was to be without sauce the pizzas arrived and that pizza had sauce. I called in attempt to set this straight as it was clearly not made correctly... The phone literally rang for 3 minutes and no one ever answered. NOT PLEASED.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

On vacation ordered delivery, received wrong pizza, called the store and politely spoke with asst manager and asked to have correct pizza delivered. She proceeded to yell at me and then hung up on me. Yes hung up on me. Never received correct pizza, sent several emails to corporate and no one cared enough to respond. Finally emailed local store manager and was told he would give me free pizza at his location only which is 5 hours from my home. So I figure if management could care less about a manager yelling at a customer and hanging up on customer I would never order from them again!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

My wife and I keep trying to order pizza from them because let's face it, their pizza is better than Domino's or Pizza Hut. BUT, with that said, we can never get our freaking pizza. We have put very detailed instructions on our order, each and every time we place it. It contains our address, our phone number, our code to the gate (we live at a gated apartment complex) and instructions on where our building is located within the complex, how to get there, what floor we are on, etc.

Yet each and every single time we order a pizza, they can't figure out how to deliver it to us. They never try the call box with the code we gave them, they don't bother to call us for instructions. They're CLEARLY not reading the instructions we left them or perhaps none of them know how to read. Whatever the case is, the story ends the same way every time: We have to call the store, ask why our pizza hasn't been delivered in an entire hour since we ordered it, then they proceed to BS us saying they couldn't reach us on the phone or get in our gate. We don't appreciate being lied to, and by the time we finally get our pizza is soggy and ice cold.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

0 stars. THIS PLACE HAS RACIST WORKERS. I make an online order and go in to pick up. This chubby ** American lady took forever to help me out because she seemed to busy and the whole place seemed unorganized. First, she makes a mistake on my order and mistakes my order for another asian guy's order because we have similar last names. And then she promises me credit for the same thing I ordered and when I tried ordering today, some rude barely-speaking-english Latino, calls himself the manager, picks up and as I'm trying to explain to him he thinks about it and I tell him that the lady got mixed up with my order because we both have asian last names, **. I understand it looks alike BUT NO IT DOES NOT SOUND ALIKE AND IT IS NOT THE SAME YOU RACIST **.

As soon as he looks my information up and hears that he starts laughing and asks me what's wrong with my order. I told him 'I didn't order yet' and he says 'yes but what's wrong with your order?' And by now I'm getting mad telling him I told him the whole situation and he asks the same question 7 more times as if he's frustrated with me with what I'm trying to tell him and as if I'm trying to get something free. And so now I'm angry and I don't get my promised compensated pizzas because the lady ** saying she was going to give me credit when she did not to save her own butt. And also this guy who calls himself the manager named 'Adan', (I don't even know if that's his real name cause he seemed so unprofessional and as if he did not have a care in the world.) continues to laugh after everything I had to say because I got upset at the fact that the lady didn't put my credit in after she made her dumb mistake.

What kind of customer service are they running here? It's a ** show with a bunch of clowns. This is absurd and will not be tolerated at any workplaces EXCEPT this Papa John's where they hire incompetent workers like these guy who can barely speak any English as a manager and a worker who can't even own up to her mistakes and can't do basic work. I will be contacting Papa John's and will be doing a follow up on the feedback form and will get my money back.

Original review: July 27, 2019

We did the online purchase from the Papa John's in Oldsmar, FL. My whole family has been vomiting smaller kids may have to go doctor. BE CAREFUL! How does this happen. I bag everything if a lab wants to inspect was of $33!

Original review: July 13, 2019

So extremely disappointing!!! WOW!! This pizza was inedible. We asked for a large light Alfredo sauce, with spinach and meatball and Chicago cut. What we got was a soup for a pizza. Instead of light sauce. There was so much sauce you couldn't taste the pizza. It had no spinach and literally 4 pieces of meatball. We called the manager and he basically said, "Too bad." We will never order from Papa John Store #4767 in Miramar, FL. Avoid this Papa John's like the plague. This was the worst pizza, worst drivers and worse customer service we have ever received and worse pizza ever eaten. Never again. NEVER!!!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Papa John's has centralized incoming calls. When you call a local store it no longer goes to the local store it goes to an office that takes your order, doesn't know the specials, or the menu, the wait time, and would have no way of knowing if that store is out of any one item. It's a fantastic step backwards in customer service. I originally tried to login into the website to provide some common sense feedback, but didn't remember the login details and didn't have the option to use my phone number to help identify the account. Trying to make a new account didn't work because the phone number is assigned to a different account. More customer service constipation.. Corporate Papa John's is out of touch with customer service and common sense.

Original review: June 1, 2019

My brother and I arrived at the Papa John's store #3635 at 324 S. Illinois Ave. Oak Ridge, TN 37830 on May 31, 2019 at 10:24 pm. We were told by the woman working at the store that we could only order a pizza by calling it at that time. At 10:35 pm, I called 865-483-3232 from my cell phone ** and ordered 2 large pizzas (see phone records for verification). The woman at the store hung up. At 10:57pm, I knocked on the door of the store inquiring about the pizzas. The woman told me she did not make them and muttered some excuse that someone told her "nevermind" and falsely implied I had said that. It's one thing that Papa John's employees refuse to make pizzas for paying customers, but it's quite another its employees are dishonest about their breach of service.

Papa John's Company Information