2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

Papa John's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Papa John's?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Food is cold, poorly presented, orders are incorrect, delivery drivers couldn’t care less. Just take $50 and flush it down the toilet. Or throw food away when you get it. Worst of the worst. And we have at least 6 pizza delivery franchises within a 2 mile radius. Papa John's, Del City, Oklahoma was a tragic choice. Never Again!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

We ordered a large works with a side of garlic sauce and peppers. Charged .$75 for 2 old and very dry peppers. Pizza was barely warm when it arrived. The driver left it on the ground outside the door with no barrier underneath, just the box sitting there. There was no seal that it hasn’t been opened as they advertise they do. Not happy about our food just being left sitting on the ground. Order # ** 9/15/2020 at 7:21 pm.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Johny the delivery driver at the 5310 Oxon Hill MD location was fantastic! He notified when he was en route and when he was at the door. Even though contactless delivery is available he still made sure we received our food and not just leaving it down! He waited nearby to make sure we got our order. The food came fast and it was hot and delicious! Johny shared his humor and made our day! Thanks so much Johny! We hope you get the recognition you deserve!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Do not order from Papa John's Pizza Whitehall PA. Asked for contactless delivery which I did not receive, delivery driver wasn’t wearing a mask and when I called the store the guy who picked up refused to give me his name, put me on the phone with his manager, or give me the regional managers information. He was nasty even after I told Him I’m high risk and he could have risked my life. He went on to tell me no one in the store including cooks are wearing masks because it’s too hot and he didn’t know about any state mandate. Then told me he didn’t have time for this and hung up. I had to throw the pizza out because I wasn’t going to risk it. He made me feel less the human with the way he spoke to me as well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I ordered 2 pizzas and breadsticks a few months ago. It took them over 2 hours to deliver my pizza. After calling them over 50 times in a row, every time they answered they’d say “Papa John's please hold” and put a recording on. After an hour and a half with no food I eventually raised my voice the next time I called and said “I demand to know where my food is!” Eventually it came after 2 hours. Cold and hard. I will never be back. I never even received an “I’m sorry.” They did say I could have 2 free pizzas next time I ordered, but I’m like oh yea so the workers can spit it because they know I complained. I used to order at least once every two weeks. Sometimes every week. I haven’t spent a penny there in three months and I’m going to keep it that way.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I ordered from Papa John's, the food was cold and so nasty. The only good thing is they gave me my money back. They were very nice when I called to tell them to come pick up the food and I wanted a refund.

Original review: July 23, 2020

We have a BIG problem with the coronavirus here in Florida as you can see on the news. We always worry when ordering food for delivery or pickup thinking that it may be contaminated (eating in the restaurant is ruled out for security reasons). So we put the food delivered or picked up in the oven at 350 F for 5 minutes to try to eliminate any problems. It may sound exaggerated but in Florida's hospitals there is no space!

We also order from local restaurants to help them through these difficult times because when the pandemic ends we want to have some nice places to order from. So I ordered an uncut pizza, so I could put it in the oven as one piece. When it comes cut in slices it is very difficult because not being rigid each slice and putting the slices in the oven they fall off the grill onto the heating elements, the pizza slice is lost and the oven must be cleaned. Definitely I couldn't eat the pizza because of this problem, it went straight to the trash. I have been a loyal customer for some years, I am not looking for free pizza, think about the health of your customers! If we die, nobody is going to order food from you.

Original review: July 18, 2020

We are providing feedback on the Westlake, Hardy, Va location. If I was the owner of this location, I would be mortified at the lack of concern for quality and customer service. Experience: 1) We ordered a large 3 topping pizza but were informed it would be over an hour wait before delivery. 2) We decided to pick up our order and were surprised to find all signage and canopy lights were out. Were concerned it was even open. When employee was informed of the lack of lighting, we got a "shrug". 3) Picked up pizza and brought home. Was burnt on one side (very black) and all toppings way overcooked making entire pizza tough and brittle. Very disappointed at spending over $16 and could not eat. Had family visiting - so Papa John's lost 2 families from ever ordering from them again.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I ordered a pizza due to advertisement. I ordered a Shaq (it's an extra Large) pizza with a lot of pepperoni to the edges and extra cheese. It wasn't what I received. Pepperoni was to edges but I was lucky to get 3 slices of pepperoni to a slice. Looking at pizza you would have said where's the meat. As for extra cheese, well it looked like there was hardly any cheese on it. The dough was protruding from under the cheese. I love pepperoni and is why I ordered it. Was very surprised when I opened the box. I love Papa Johns but it will be my last order from them.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I used to order here often until the last two times it has been awful. They can’t even use enough cheese to cover the sauce. An extra large pizza came as a medium with 4 inches of room in the box on each side. I’ll be going elsewhere from now on.

Papa John's Company Information