2. Shopping

Denny's Restaurants
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Denny's Restaurants Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's Restaurants?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Original review: May 18, 2020

I've never went for a free birthday breakfast on Denny's. Today I am 55 and decided to treat myself to this birthday option they have been doing since I can remember. I ask why, he said it stopped when they reopened, I said, "Oh so a week ago." He confirmed and walked away. That left me feeling left out and surprisingly teary eyed.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I ordered online from my home. It said 20 minutes so my daughter and I decided to walk. We arrive 15 minutes later and the order is not ready. Twenty minutes later the food counts out. I then add two drinks. I can't believe it was an act of God to get me two cokes to go. Back and forth the servers went. I finally said I can't stay another 20 minutes waiting for the drinks. So a server comes over wanting payment but no drinks. I say, "Why don't you have the drinks so I can just pay and leave." No response. I say, "This is ridiculous. I'm leaving." He says, "Suit yourself." I had my daughter with me so I refrain from responding.

There's an Ihop across the street a Perkins just up the road and a waffle house on the same street. Never again. I hate I added a tip with my online purchase. I had to recook the steaks. They were not as ordered. Mind you this was 3 pm in the afternoon off peak time. I hate to see them at rush hour. No one apologized for the extra 20 minutes we waited. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I had forgotten having not gone in a few months until recently reminded, once again, just how inferior this Denny's is in both quality of food and more importantly, lack of good service; compared to all the others I have visited (they used to be my favorite). This time I had been served very cold and brown burnt fried eggs and toast. I requested eggs not brown and toast not have black around the edges. Server left old plates on table walked away. GM came by. Showed him order and explained cold food was coming out of the kitchen. Not only did he not pick up the cold burnt food plates but turned and walked away. This Denny's is on 69050 Ca-111 Cathedral City, Ca. 92234. His name was ** and as this Denny's is independently owned and operated I would think the stock holders would be upset to know that he is ruining the Denny's brand.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

She spoke Spanish the entire time. Unless she was speaking to me. Which was three times. Go sit over there, what would I like and here is your check my coffee refilled by another wait person, who also rang up my order. Too rude. When I said something about writing on a blog she tried to keep my receipt. She was ready to walk away with it. I had to tell her to give it to me. So anyone wanting to visit Denny's on Stark St. in Portland , OR. Beware. It is now a Mexican restaurant .

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

The Denny’s on Northdale Blvd in Coon Rapids, MN is the worst Denny’s I have ever visited. This Denny’s is closest to my home so I have given it so many chances for an improvement in service and it just doesn’t happen. On National Pancake Day I received a msg from the rewards program reminding me of the day with a reminder they had pancakes for $4 (on value menu). At the Denny’s I asked a waitress about the pancakes for $4 but before I could finish my sentence I was told “we don’t have pancake offers for National Pancake day - we don’t do that here”. Cut off in mid sentence! When I finally found it in the ‘Value Menu’ after searching the web to get the info whether the $4 pancakes were available which they were - I ordered.

I shouldn’t have had to search the web to figure out it was in the ‘Value Menu’ when I had a waitress and asked specifically about $4 pancakes even before getting a menu from her with no mention of the other ‘Value Menu’ tucked behind things on the table. Instead she told me that Denny’s didn’t have pancakes for $4 even after I showed her the text on my phone from Denny’s. When I asked her why she gave me that incorrect info even after I stated the ‘rewards program’ sent me a text about $4 pancakes here. Before leaving after getting the check I asked her why she told me the pancakes weren’t available and her reply was “she thought I was going to ask about free pancakes.” Really! You get free from $4!?! Believe me when I say this is one of many instances at this Denny’s on Northdale Blvd. Drive a little further and just go straight to the Denny’s in Northtown. Save yourself the frustration in advance.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had just gotten off my shift at five in the morning on Black Friday. The wait time is usually long but I don’t mind waiting for fifteen minutes for my food as long as it’s fresh. Service was okay but could’ve been better. It was nothing too bad at first. At the end I had decided to pay my bill ($10.50) with a 20 dollar bill and told her to round it up for a 20% tip. Cashier said she couldn’t do math so she said she was going to give me the “exact change”. She then proceeded to hand me eight and a half dollars back. When I say say half I literally mean that she gave me a half of a one dollar bill. Then she had the audacity to walk away from the registers and play it off. Worst customer service ever. I am never going back and I DEFINITELY would NOT recommend.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Thieves! They only delivered half my food and would not reimburse me for the food that was not delivered. They refused to deliver the rest of my food. They took my money and ran! Don't order online!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

After waiting 25 minutes for a table for 5 and 10 minutes for the server to ask for our orders after we were seated, my sons were given watered down iced tea and sprite. Our food, veggie omelette, ultimate omelette and skillet did not have fajita mix. Hence, the food was tasteless. The veggie omelette did not have tomatoes too. I informed the manager on duty, Jessica **. No empathy, no apology. The long wait was not due to the restaurant being full, but due to lack of servers on the floor. Will never, ever go back to that Denny’s again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Stopped on the way home at Denny's in Paso Robles, disappointed with the BLT sandwich my sister and I ordered... 2 thin strips of bacon, large slice of tomato and lots of lettuce. I had ordered the same sandwich at another Denny's in town and found it to be very good.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I was extremely disappointed in my experience for the second time at Denny's on Newtown. The first time I was there in person to pick up an order that I called in and it wasn't correct. Someone had to go and get the broccoli that I had order so my wait was another 10 minutes for that. Tonight I used door dash for my order. Not only did they forget to give the driver my full order and receipt, but I now have to wait until tomorrow to get a call back from management for a refund instead of me receiving what I had a TASTE for TONIGHT! I WILL NOT be returning to Denny's. The service is a 1 out of 10 and is so disorganized. Really disappointed in Denny's customer service.

Denny's Restaurants Company Information