Denny's Restaurants
3.40/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Denny's Restaurants

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Denny's Restaurants Reviews

Original review: July 11, 2019

Sunday July 7 we stopped at this Denny's for breakfast. it was obvious from the number of dirty tables there wasn't enough help. Shortly after being seated the waitress brought food to the table across from us. The customer complained that the eggs were not cooked the way she requested. This was her second attempt to get well done eggs. The waitress took the eggs back to the kitchen and spoke to the cook.

Unfortunately the entire conversation/argument was heard by everyone in the restaurant. The customer was so embarrassed by the loud argument they walked out. I am not sure if the cook walked out but no food came out of the kitchen for the next 1/2 hour and arriving customers were told the would be a 30 to 45 wait delay even though the restaurant was 1/2 empty. Our food finally arrived cold and terrible. I ordered your signature vanilla creme crepes. there was no vanilla creme only cold strawberry juice poured over the crepes. My girlfriend's egg breakfast was not done as ordered. Denny's is off our list for future business. John.

Original review: May 20, 2019

What happened to Denny's customer service? My father and I went to the Murphy, Texas location on 05.19.19, around 11:45 a.m., and we were told we would have to wait 45 minutes, and we waited longer while other people that came in after us were being seated. Then my father spoke and found out that his name was never written down, yet the woman stated she did not know why his name was crossed out by her manager, and then proceeded to help others. When I saw the woman, I stated I want a reason why my father's name was not written in the book, and she stated the same thing she told my father and started helping other people. We left. I did tell her tactfully she was being rude, and we are going to Starwood Cafe in Murphy.

My father and I were not pleased by the lack of customer service...the last time he was there the manager had placed his military I.D. and waved it by the security cameras, while we all looked; I was appalled. She stated there has been robberies, and she needs to make sure the cards she receives are valid. This is first I have ever witnessed a display of poor customer service especially to a veteran.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I was foolish enough to think Denny's had changed. Never again! After waiting 2 hours for food, we got what was supposed to be bacon and completely inedible. We were also graced with a greasy and disgustingly steak, soggy cold fries and cold grease filled nasty onion rings. There was not one edible thing in the order. It would have been better to just get breakfast at McDonald's. It would have been edible, cost less and wouldn't have taken 2 hours. Never again, Denny's!!!!

Original review: May 18, 2019

I ordered a Cesar salad. When I got it the lettuce was yellowish brown and was not crunchy. I ate the avocado and the few chicken pieces and left all the salad in the plate. I told the waitress I didn't eat it cause it was soggy. She offered a new one but I lost interest in eating. My son ordered strawberry pancake puppies and they were burnt. I was still charged for the salad and the hushpuppies and saw no discount.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The manager of the Denny's at 161 Telegraph Rd. Bellingham, WA 98226 is very obnoxious. My entire family lives in the Minneapolis, MN area and so only Peggy and I could celebrate my birthday. My family sent us a birthday gift card to Denny's--knowing that I am a regular customer of the Bellingham Denny's. Unfortunately, this "manager-from-hell" ruined our birthday celebration. The servers know me and my regular or standard "build-your-own slam order--2 eggs, red potatoes, and 2 orders of mash potatoes with brown gravy." The server took my order--as usual.

Unfortunately, she came back to apologetically state that the manager reprimanded her for allowing me to choose mash potatoes. The server told us that the manager ordered her not to allow mash potatoes as a choice. Instead, the manager ordered her to charge me extra for the non-standard order of mash potatoes (additional $1.29 each). The server acknowledged that this manager is a bully to the servers. Then when we went to pay with our gift card and with our AARP card. The server again returned to apologetically say that the manager determined that this AARP card was not legitimate. The manager claimed that a "real" AARP card is different than the AARP card we submitted. The manager insisted that a legitimate card has a barcode on it for scanning. The manager told the server that our AARP card was a "teaser" card that is mailed out to potential members.

The manager said that all credit card companies sent out teaser cards hoping that the recipients will then choose to apply for a 'real' card. Now I am turning 75 years old on 11 May and Peggy and I have been using our AARP cards since each of us turned 50 years old. We were insulted by the manager believing that we were defrauding Denny's by using a "fake" AARP card. Now instead of thanking my family for their kindness in providing a Denny's gift card--we now have to inform them our our terrible birthday experience at Denny's. My family will all be boycotting Denny's in the future. Why do you have a manager who bullies the servers and insults the customers?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Denny's?

Original review: April 23, 2019

Recently Denny’s has been advertising that they have crepes so I decided to try them even though I make delicious crepes at home and have had them many times in French restaurants. The only resemblance between what they brought me and crepes is the fact that they both are round and thin. I think they used pancake batter and spread it extremely thin to make a very crispy slightly burned attempt at making a crepe then put something resembling very sweet whipped cream which had melted down and smeared on it. It was very sweet and crispy like potato chips. They did not charge me for it, but I would much rather they had served me real crepes and charged whatever price they wanted. When I was paying my check I noticed a picture of a crepe stuffed with strawberries on a sign so I told my waitress to go get the chef and show him how a crepe is supposed to look. He obviously has never seen or eaten a crepe in his life.

The service was excellent. The manager came over to help the waitress find a suitable seat for me because I am on an electric mobility large scooter. The waitress was perfect. She was very attentive and polite and efficient. She never asked me if I wanted to have the crepe removed from my bill so I was surprised when it did not appear on the bill. I was glad not to have to pay for such a disappointment but that wasn’t why I complained about it. I just want them to learn how to make good crepes because I live about 2 minutes by scooter from their Denny’s and would go there often for good crepes. The coffee was fine. This Denny’s was on Plaza Drive in Hopewell, VA 23860, in the Food Lion Shopping Center parking lot, and the sign indicated it was an individual franchised store. Janet **.

Original review: April 16, 2019

The restaurant was clean. I’ve been there when it has been a wreck. The manager was actually out there helping the servers cleaning tables, wiping them down. They were all happy and when I go in there sometimes it seems like everyone is miserable but I really enjoyed myself today and the food was great. It took a while but everybody was happy and it made me happy. Thank you Denny's staff. It was in the afternoon on the 16th.

Original review: April 5, 2019

It's a shame that Denny's Restaurant has these type of people working for them. I've had very bad experiences. First of they serve your food and if you need anything while you're eating good luck. If you call them they come to your table and you can see on their faces how unhappy they are to serve you. It seems they take for granted being employed and keeping customers satisfied is the best thing for a business.

Original review: March 27, 2019

This Denny's in Irving Texas across from Westin is horrible!!! The waitress we had was very rude. When my friend asked her to get some quarters for the toy machine she said NO!!! The food was just horrible. Our waitress wasn't paying attention so I asked another server to help us and she was more than happy to, but our server saw what was going on and got mad. This place needs to just close the doors!!!

Original review: March 16, 2019

Because of Uber and outside orders we had to wait at least 45 minutes for our food. Our waitress was great and she took our order within a few minutes of arrival. This is not fair to us or the waitresses. The food was great but we will not go back again except early morning. Denny's is going to lose waitresses and customers. It is sad because we have always had good food. They need to hire more cooks during busy times and one waitress whose only job is outside orders.

Denny's Restaurants Company Information