1.25/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

247 Chipotle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had the horrible experience of finding a fly in my food. The staff was rude and made it clear that quality customer service is not important to them. I'm done. I will not buy food from there ever again. They are just downright awful.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

THE BEVERLY MASSACHUSETTS BRANCH OF CHIPOTLE IS COMPLETELY DISGUSTING AND A RIP OFF!!! I live in town and use to love Chipotle but Beverly has single handedly made me hate it. Disgusting is the nicest way to put it. The steak is all fat and terrible. Also you order a burrito or burrito bowl and it all rice or more or less all cilantro with a little bit of rice. If you want cheese or rice with it better off just doing it yourself. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO BEVERLY MASSACHUSETTS CHIPOTLE AGAIN. Tired of giving it another chance after this. I’m fed up and without a doubt DONE wasting my money eating garbage quality food.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My online Chipotle account was recently hacked and someone ordered food from two different states for delivery. I tried contacting customer support but they were closed. I had to cancel my debit card and we all know what a complete hassle and inconvenience that is. But I get it, things happen. So I then within the next few days tried to contact Chipotle over the phone unsuccessfully so eventually did via email saying someone would be in contact with me. No one has been. Chipotle is obviously completely uncaring about its customers. I love Chipotle but won't be a customer anymore and will be informing my friends. I'm extremely disappointed in them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My online account was recently hacked and someone ordered the first time $37 worth of food and they picked it up from the store and didn't ask for any ID and it was under a different name! Then they placed another order under another name and ordered $17 worth of food and got it delivered. I canceled my credit card. Contacted Chipotle and they were so unempathetic about the situation. Didn't even offer my a gift card or a coupon or anything! Bad customer service!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The point of online ordering and paying ahead for your order is to be able to walk in, pick up your order, and leave. Tried this 3 times in the past two months and each time they started making my order when I walked in the door. Not only did they not have my order ready at the designated time, but it takes forever for an employee to even ask who you are for your online order. There is no check in kiosk so you wait for them to figure out who you are and then wait for them to make your order. The people in the in store line had food before I did. Well three strikes and you are out. I won’t be doing this again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Placed online order, went to pick it up, store closed, power outage, completely understandable. Tried to call corporate customer service number to stop transaction, no number listed. Emailed, no response. Next day, called bank, CARD WAS CHARGED!! Called Blue Springs, MO store. Manager couldn’t have cared less, refused in-store refund, said to email. Emailed again, NO response!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I wish I could give this 0 stars, this is by far the worst delivery service I’ve ever used. We ordered our food at 2:50 from a Chipotle literally 3 blocks away, the delivery time was estimated at 3:15. When I checked the website after I ordered it had routed the driver to a completely different address 30+ blocks away. At 3:30 I called the driver and he said he was at the address but no Chipotle existed there, I then told him the correct address and he said he’d head there, cool.

By 4:00 I hadn’t heard anything back and tried to call customer service which informed me that the driver was on the way and they couldn’t cancel the order... 4:15 comes and the driver finally calls and says someone else already picked the order up and delivered it, where? I don’t know because we certainly never got our food. Chipotle’s delivery site is absolute trash and annoying that they do it through DoorDash which is never efficient and said their “system was having issues...” which really translates to we don’t know what’s going on. Horrible horrible experience and I will never order through Chipotle's delivery or DoorDash again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I'm not sure if they don't care anymore when they are selecting employees but they ALL need to go to some sort of customer service training. I online ordered for pickup as I do most times, but to a different store because of where I was, that store was closer. Got there and the food wasn't ready. Ok... I'll wait...and I'm waiting...to be acknowledged. So after literally 5 minutes of standing there I said, "Excuse me!" I get the looks like I'm bothering them. Anyhow, fast forward through their eye rolls and mouth snacking, I'm told my food is coming up. And I had to ask my teenage son who was with me if I was going crazy, but everyone slowed down. It was like I flipped a switch. They went into slow motion and kept rolling their eyes and everything.

Then 20 minutes later yea so this is about 30 minutes after my pickup time, I'm leaving and they refused to give me my receipt. So I grabbed one off of the counter because I was going to call and complain. This is better. Let's get to the store by my house. I was already driving and too close to bother to online order so when I got there, there wasn't a line, however I was left standing there for 4 minutes which actually created a line. Let's say they were fulfilling online orders. Ok so I'm watching the brown rice dwindle. The teenager that's employed isn't asking for free rice. It's getting lower because they are filling as I said probably online orders. He finally acknowledges me and says "You want white rice?"

"No. I would like a bowl with brown rice." So he scrapes the nasty rice off the bottom, which is a quarter of the bowl and proceeds to put beans on it. So I ask, "Is that all the rice you're going to put?" His reply? The first part was inaudible which I took as him probably saying an expletive then I heard, "All you had to say was put more rice. All that other stuff wasnt even necessary!" And slapped whatever more rice he cud muster out of the bottom of that pan in my bowl on top of my beans. I'm not sure what else he thought he heard me say, but either way I walked out with no food! There is NO WAY I'm going to let a child young enough to be my kid talk to me like that and donate to their paycheck!! They WILL NEVER get my money again! I live in Maryland. If you want to know the exact stores, just ask!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Ordered online from Chipotle.com. We never received our order. DoorDash estimated delivery time was 5:35. At 6 PM I called them. They said it was 5 min away. At 6:25 I called again and the delivery was 35 minutes away. Driver finally called me at 6:30 to ask where my house was. She was 40 min away in another town. She blamed her GPS as giving her incorrect directions. I have an email that shows my correct address was put on the order. I was so unhappy with the service (and hungry) I asked to have the order canceled and refunded.

DoorDash still has not provided me with a refund confirmation. All they could provide me was a case #. I would like confirmation that my order was refunded. I also called the Chipotle location the order was made from and spoke to Michelle twice. She was pleasant but could not do anything other than refer me to their online form. I have emailed Chipotle twice about the refund and have not heard back from them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I eat at Chipotle in Concord, CA 4 days a week. The staff is fantastic at this location and they always make me feel welcome. Customer Service is 5 Stars. They always remember my name and say hello! Love Concord CA.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Quality of food, staff and restaurant has plummeted. The bowls have gotten smaller and the prices have increased twice in one year. It's a hit or miss. Sometimes it's cold, sometimes salty, sometimes crunchy. Plan on going elsewhere now.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The restaurant on Main Street in Clayton, Ohio ranks the worst. The interaction with staff is terrible. The person preparing my food was mad because it was 10 mins prior to his shift ending and the other guy acted as if he was doing me a favor to fix my order. It was total chaos. They put someone else order in my bag (which I paid for but didn't realize until I got home). Maybe the extra purchase would've bothered me if the food was actually tasty. It was cold and salty! I see why this chain has problems! My husband told me, "Please don't ever ask me to go there anymore!"

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Chipotle was my lifeline in college and onto graduate school. I've seen the good and bad days of Chipotle but things have taken a downward trend lately. The food quality is off! From the heat, water content, viscosity (tells the quality of preparation) and odor. I've recently been unable to stomach a dish that I've been eating for years because of the declining quality! I love this company, its history and its values. Sadly, after years of eating there, I've made the difficult decision to never do business with them. If Chipotle happens to find this review, please do something to turn around the food quality.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Received a gift card to Chipotle. Went my first and last time. Family of four-3 steak burritos and 1 steak tacos. 1. The place was filthy. 2. Everything was cold. 3. One of the three tacos had two pieces of steak and the shells were very stale. 4. The steak was tough and full of gristle. 5. The chips were stale and not good at all-through most away. 6. WAY overpriced. The bill was $62 and change. We have had much better, and more food at places like Casa Fiesta. Chipotle is just an overpriced, overrated Taco Bell. WILL NOT BE BACK!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I went to Chipotle tonight for dinner, ordered the steak bowl with rice and guac. When I went home to eat it I bit into a rock! It cracked my tooth and broke my fillin! After calling the store and speaking with the manager on duty, he said this issue has been occurring frequently!!! If multiple customers have been complaining about rice having pebbles, why would you not warn the customers not to buy it! I would rather have my tooth than a Chipotle bowl!!! I'm in pain for eating dinner, this is ridiculous! He said he will remake the bowl for me. I want my money back and my tooth fixed!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Terrible experience. Intrusive staff. Rude staff. Made me feel as if I was supposed to finish my food in 5 min and get out of the place as if I was "taking up of their precious space". Food was terrible. The place was dirty and disgusting. I would never go there again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We go to Chipotle often and are used to the arbitrary amount of each ingredient chosen the staff would add to your bowls. This is especially random when they have a new person on duty. Sometimes when it really seems too little, we would ask if they can add a little more, and they usually do, either to our satisfaction or not, without a fuss. This time, I ordered two steak salad bowls and the amount of steak was way too little, so I asked if he could give a little more. He did, and even offered to give a little more to the other bowl. I gladly said sure and thought he's being nice...

After signing the receipt, I realized they charged me two "extra meat" for $3.80 each! I went back and asked them about it. They said I asked for "extra meat" for both bowls. I told them I just thought it's not to the usual amount and asked for "a little more", not "extra meat". They couldn't care less and just ignored me. I was in a hurry to be home and didn't have time to argue there, so I just left. However, the more I thought about it, the more I felt upset and being ripped off. For that little more pieces of steak, they charged me $7.60 (almost another salad bowl!) without my consent. To me, this was an unfair and unpleasant customer experience!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Actually I’m good fan of Chipotle veggie bowl... I ate several times but I had terrible experience after eating Chipotle veggie bowl last week... Me and my husband had veggie bowl that night only. Our throat got infection, feeling sick, fever...experienced like hell.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The first Chipotle experience was good - fully stuffed burrito and bowl. 2nd visit the burrito was smaller and not as tasty. Today with 2 different bowls the quantity was smaller and the presentation lacked appeal. Again the food was not as tasty as originally. Won’t be going back any time soon.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In a nutshell, these establishments do not train their employees to fill the veggie bowls properly. Each time I've gone to order the veggie bowl, it's inconsistent. I've called about this several times and nothing has changed. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've gone to Chipotle off and on since they opened. I've always ordered the same thing...a steak burrito. From day one up until my recent visit their steak has been full of gristle. I won't eat gristle. It is completely unacceptable. What I do is, if I can't reasonably chew through it then I will chew it some and spit out the chewed up gristle. It is fairly common to have to do this with steak these days but usually it is a bite here or there. I kid you not, with Chipotle, it is just about EVERY SINGLE piece of steak! I don't know how they even buy meat with that much gristle in it! They must be going out of their way to buy the steak that others have rejected. Even my cheap taco wagon choices pick better meat to serve.

It is literally to the point that their steak is inedible. That is incredible that they have not figured out that one of the biggest reason for their downturn in business is simply because of this one reason and seemingly refuse to solve the problem. It is too bad because I would LOVE their food if they fixed this. The ONLY reasonable explanation is they are knowingly buying this gristle meat because it is extremely cheap and enough people aren't complaining. I assume they don't realize they are losing millions and millions because of this poor decision.

I've seen others complain about the gristle or toughness of Chipotle's steak and have claimed it is because they don't cook it properly or some other reason. Nope, if you are a person who prepares your own steak often enough then you know how gristle works. It has nothing to do with how they prepare or cook it and everything to do with straight up buying horrible quality meat and trying to pass it off as good enough. It isn't. There is no way to "cook" a touch grisly piece of meat so that the gristle goes away.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Myself and wife picked up a veggie bowl from Chipotle today at Lawrenceville, GA. We brought it home to eat just to find out that the bowl was 85% rice and there were hardly any veggies or beans. Even the quality of whatever veggies they had was horrible... looked stale. Extremely dissatisfied with the quality of food they provided. Bye, Bye Chipotle... never again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

With Chipotle's new delivery service, my husband and I decided to try it for the first time. When it came to getting it delivered, the service was terrible. It was pouring rain (why we got delivery) and the guy told my husband to come outside because "he thought he was there". Then, the delivery guy was not there. My husband then had to get in the car to go try to find this delivery guy. Couldn't find him, hung up on my husband. "DoorDash" told us they couldn't refund us and we had to talk to Chipotle. Chipotle told us we had to talk to DoorDash. DO NOT GET CHIPOTLE DELIVERED. DONT GET CHIPOTLE AT ALL, THEY DO NOT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS CORRECTLY.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I mistakenly ordered from an incorrect location (completely different zip) and I requested a refund. The manager would not give me my refund and threw away the food. As many times as I eat at Chipotle this is no loyalty to customers.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Every time I go there my burrito gets smaller. This last time I was so shocked at the amount of carnitas the server (girl) put on that I forgot to add pinto beans. She just said "That's it?" and dumbfounded I said, "Yeah, I guess" when I wanted and should have said, "Sorry for bothering you but I changed my mind" and left! I will not go back to what was my favorite fast food. I'm afraid if I did, I would owe them food the way it was going.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The food is not as good as Taco Bell. The food is always cold, the rich is not fully cooked, the beef is not fully cooked so it is tuff. It's lousy bad food compared to a real Mexican restaurant. I tried it at 3 different locations and all 3 had the not cooked rice and tuff, partially cooked beef and cold food. It's disgusting. One time they put the bay leaf in my burrito. They need to cook the meat for an hour longer than they currently do and they need for the food to be warm or hot.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I went through the line and was given very little food in my order. I almost walked away from the line to pay because the price was not worth my order. Then I turned around and the woman was putting three spoons of food on every person behind me. Why was I charged the same with so little and they given so much. Made me literally sick.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was very excited to find that Chipotle now offers delivery with DoorDash (who are extremely quick!). So being that I have 3 children at home, and my husband had the car, I ordered dinner for us. I ordered through the app DoorDash. Chipotle is very expensive but the kids were craving it, so I treated them. The order came quickly within 30 minutes. But lo and behold I was missing at least half of the items that I ordered. On top of that, the food that we did order was extremely little. I was upset, but my son, who is 7 was terribly upset because he did not have his food. I then called to let them know half of the order was missing. The TWO general managers, Frankie and Daphnie told me there was nothing they could do. Their employee had made a mistake when looking at the order. I told them, I was charged fully for the food that I DID NOT receive. Once again I was told there was nothing they could do.

I told them couldn't they refund the money over the phone so I could once again place the order through DoorDash, and they said they are not allowed to do that.

So then I said, can't you issue me a Chipotle gift card over the phone and then I could place the order that way. They said absolutely not. So basically I wasn't getting the money refunded nor the food that same day. I would have to come in person. But then I explained the whole reason I ordered on DoorDash was because I COULDN'T leave my home. So I am going to dispute this charge with my credit card company.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Food is just ok for what we get. Truth is, we can make our own for a lot less than we are charged... Even so, when out and about, we have ordered Vegan bowls and as Vegans we do not order dairy or meat. Because of this, we feel we are overcharged, when compared to the standard bowls, and have decided NOT to go to this eatery until this unfairness is rectified. Also, when I go with my husband, my bowl has been consistently about 1/3 less than my husband's. This is a major problem for me. Yet another way the society cheats women!

Original review: June 11, 2018

The staff was okay, I ordered the chicken bowl. It may have just been vegetarian as they literally had little to no meat. This has happened more time than I would like to mention, there was one time, I just demanded my money back, there really should be a law against this sort of thing. #boycot/Chipotle

Chipotle Company Information