3.9/5 (734 ratings)

About Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I placed a catering order through Chipotle's online ordering service. My order was delivered earlier than expected which I thought was great. Unfortunately when I unpacked the order a couple of items (including one of the proteins) were missing. I called Chipotle directly and spoke to Shawn. He said the delivery portion goes through Door Dash so he asked me to call the Door Dash driver and see if he could come pick up the missing items and he apologized profusely and said he'd get to working on the missing items right away.

When I spoke to the driver he said that he was in the middle of a couple of other orders and couldn't help me and to call Door Dash support. When I did that I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then transferred to Chipotle customer service. At that point I hung up and called and spoke to Shawn again. He was on the phone with Door Dash getting them to come pick up the missing items from my order. Shawn was so helpful and really apologetic. Thank you Shawn!

Original review: June 26, 2022

I am not a vegan but I tried this vegan chorizo with white rice, black beans, corn, lettuce and guacamole. I was entirely floored with the flavor. Before you had this choice I have tried the salad sans meat and it was good but the chorizo took it to a new level. Thank you for having this choice on the menu.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Chipotle is incredible! They give customers only the best experiences and satisfy people all around. At least 20 people have given Chipotle a five-star rating. Chipotle cares about food allergies and religious beliefs and makes food that all can eat. I highly recommend Chipotle for any family outing.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Overall, Chipotle provides consumers with high-quality food and adequate service. The facilities are particularly clean, especially for a semi-fast food venue, and the food comes at a decent price. Overall, Chipotle provides a good dining experience.

Rubric:

Quality of Food 36 /40 (-4)
    Staff Friendliness 16 /20 (-4)
    Safety and Cleanliness 22 /25 (-3)
    Price 14 /15 (-1)

Score: 88

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Chipotle used to be my favorite restaurant for dine-in, take-out and number two for catering. I used to eat at Chipotle once a week. I would order catering every time we had a group in town more than one day, behind my number one choice. In the past 5 months Chipotle has made my very high opinion of them dwindle down to the point of not purchasing anything from them. I have ordered several times at the office for a personal delivery in the last 5 months. Three out of four of the last orders have been wrong, soggy, cold and lacking what was ordered. When I "Chat with Pepper" I would usually be told it was the store's fault for my order being wrong or the delivery person took part of my order and I would get a new chips and guac in my rewards for my next purchase.

All of my orders had a Chipotle sticker on the bag that had not been tampered with. By the third time this happened I started asking to speak to a live person. I am not sure who I reached on the phone but they could not help me. I am sent back to "Pepper" or a "message" is taken for customer service. I have yet to speak to someone in customer service. A few weeks ago I ordered catering for 20 people on a Sunday for the following Wednesday. On Tuesday I received an email my catering would be delivered the following day. On Wednesday I woke up to an email stating my credit card did not go through but my order was still being made, however, I would need to go to the store to pick up my order.

I called as soon as I could get ahold of someone to rectify the situation. I was told to call the store and work it out with them. I called the store, gave my credit card information, paid for the catering and was told to contact catering to get my order delivered.... The store manager was unaware that my delivery could not be made because it was not set up through catering due to my "payment" not going through. After calling catering or customer service again I am told my payment did not go through due to a glitch in Chipotle's system but they still could not deliver my order. With an hour to go before having to feed 20 guests I had to make arrangements to go pick up my order. To pick up the order is usually not possible for me at my office.

The store manager also offered to have someone from his store deliver it for me. I spent numerous time on the phone and via email trying to get ahold of someone from Chipotle to help me understand what happened, how they could rectify the situation and how to work through this type of situation in the future. I cannot get anyone to call me. I cannot get a hold of anyone through a phone number. When I call the 833 customer service number all I am told is they can take a message and pass it along, then my message gets turned into an automated email when after 5 responses I realized I was emailing with a robot.

I looked up and tried to call Chipotle headquarters in Newport Beach, California and again received an automated machine with the option to input an extension if you knew it or to call the 833 number. As much as I used to love Chipotle I do not care to handle situations without speaking to a live Chipotle employee that can help me. I understand mistakes happen but how do we as the customer get our answers rectified through robots?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

My order was not right, cold, watery, no meat. Twice this has happened. Well this time I contact customer service. I was told I would be given three tacos for being unhappy with order. Not true. I kept looking at my app for the deal. What I saw was something stated, "Buy three tacos get three free." So unaware of having to purchase three then get three. I thought it was a coupon or some other deal. It expired. My reason for reporting this. If I am promised three tacos free, why would I be looking for another deal. Not only that. You don't make me purchase nothing. Your company wronged me. Do better!!! I tried explaining that to customer service this morning 1/12/2023. She was not hearing it. I do not care if it is a little money. It's mine. Customer Service is everything.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

On multiple occasions, after standing in line for 10-15 minutes, when I reached the counter to place my order, items were out of stock. What irritates me constantly is that I had to wait in line a long time before knowing something is not in stock. For example, bowls are not good without the green peppers and onions. I will not purchase a bowl without them, so if I would’ve known beforehand, I could’ve saved myself time. Why not post on the door that certain items are not in stock. Also, how can a restaurant run out of items anyway? I had instances of the following missing items: green peppers and onions, sour cream, corn, as well as vinaigrette. I just don’t understand how Chipotle is always out of items. McDonald’s is never out of French fries! It doesn’t make any sense???

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

First they use to give 2 free dressing that weren't even a 1/4 full. Then started charging maybe .35 for extra. Now they giving 1 talking about $1.50 for another. They done lost their DAMN mind. Talking about a salad get 2 dressing, what's different from a salad & a bowl?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

Just ordered $150 of food from @ChipotleTweets and @DoorDash delivered it.

1. It was late.
    2. It was cold.
    3. Not ONE order was right.

4. One person got sick.

And you call this a business? They cashed the check. And they want you to order next. #avoid #tellyourfriends

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Just earlier today, me, my mom, my brother and his girlfriend went to Chipotle and when we got there we were in a good mood. When it was our turn to order, I walked up and the first question he asked was "what do want?" and I responded with "a bowl" and everything was going well. Until he asked what did I want inside and I responded and he got a attitude with me for no reason. So I just ignored it trying to be calm but he was like that to all of us, when he was taking a orders. He ended up yelling at us and me being kind and shy, I stayed calm and didn't say anything in a yelling voice. My mom saw what was happening and she ended up yelling back at him. Were we in the wrong for yelling back??

Chipotle Company Information