3.9/5 (510 ratings)

About Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I placed a catering order through Chipotle's online ordering service. My order was delivered earlier than expected which I thought was great. Unfortunately when I unpacked the order a couple of items (including one of the proteins) were missing. I called Chipotle directly and spoke to Shawn. He said the delivery portion goes through Door Dash so he asked me to call the Door Dash driver and see if he could come pick up the missing items and he apologized profusely and said he'd get to working on the missing items right away.

When I spoke to the driver he said that he was in the middle of a couple of other orders and couldn't help me and to call Door Dash support. When I did that I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then transferred to Chipotle customer service. At that point I hung up and called and spoke to Shawn again. He was on the phone with Door Dash getting them to come pick up the missing items from my order. Shawn was so helpful and really apologetic. Thank you Shawn!

Original review: June 26, 2022

I am not a vegan but I tried this vegan chorizo with white rice, black beans, corn, lettuce and guacamole. I was entirely floored with the flavor. Before you had this choice I have tried the salad sans meat and it was good but the chorizo took it to a new level. Thank you for having this choice on the menu.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Chipotle is incredible! They give customers only the best experiences and satisfy people all around. At least 20 people have given Chipotle a five-star rating. Chipotle cares about food allergies and religious beliefs and makes food that all can eat. I highly recommend Chipotle for any family outing.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Overall, Chipotle provides consumers with high-quality food and adequate service. The facilities are particularly clean, especially for a semi-fast food venue, and the food comes at a decent price. Overall, Chipotle provides a good dining experience.

Rubric:

Quality of Food 36 /40 (-4)
    Staff Friendliness 16 /20 (-4)
    Safety and Cleanliness 22 /25 (-3)
    Price 14 /15 (-1)

Score: 88

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Food delivered was cold and soggy. Portion is a joke. This was the first time I ordered from Chipotle. Never had an experience with food from ANYWHERE. $20 is not a joke. There is got to be a way to make better.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Account was hacked and multiple purchases made using my card on file. Called to get to the bottom of how and find resolution. Person was able to view account and relay to me exactly how my account was compromised, city it was done in (placed several pickup orders in different city), and name/number used as they replaced my info as well. Was told someone with crisis team would reach out to follow-up about what happened and help with money taken.

The person that reached out did so through email, which is fine. Avoiding direct questions was not fine. She tried to tell me she couldn't find my Chipotle account (ignoring how she was referred to reach out in the first place then, when asked). When asked what notes were relayed to her about my phone call/complaint, she kept responding with "I understand your frustration", while providing no solution or answers. She asked me to create a new account so she can transfer over my rewards points, but ignored questions of how she knows my rewards points if she doesn't see my old account. I eventually figured out through context clues that Chipotle deleted the account with an issue (did not request), so I asked about the card info that was on that account - I wanted to confirm it was deleted for good and if the hacker could have seen that information so I could cancel the card if need be - no answer for that given, just "I understand".

We reached a point where I'm literally asking several times what can Chipotle do about money taken from me, but no answer for that either. Just "reassurance" that the customer rep. wanted to help. The answers were so ridiculously indirect that I really thought I was conversing with a robot. I would have rather heard there's nothing Chipotle can do, call your bank...at least it would have been the truth upfront. I'm just one guy, and Chipotle could care less, but I have no desire to spend another dime with this restaurant chain.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

When I visited Chipotle Restaurant here in San Rafael, California. The first thing I noticed is the workers not wearing masks during Preparing food. It’s a fact that when one is talking spit is dispersed Into the food. Not just saliva, but when sneezing/or coughing human body fluids go into the food. Great way to transfer bacteria from one person to another. Microorganisms from sweat, sneezing/coughing/ nasal drips/allows to Staphylococcus aureus to contaminate the foods. In addition, discussing. Speaking in general to all food chain handlers.

Original review: July 31, 2022

Visited two location in Cherry Hill NJ Sunday 7/31/22. First was not taking orders not even online orders and the other location you can order online and pick up in restaurant. Waited 83 minute to get my order. Looks like shareholders caring to fill out their pocket and don’t care about the service. There was only two employee working and more than 50 customer waiting. Food was poor quality and the quantity and the quality of the ingredients not what Chipotle used to be.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I went to the Downtown Cleveland Chipotle 7/12 and 7/13 and the employees refused to take my order due to the system being down. I waited in line 20 mins before anyone said the system was down. The employees was rude, making nasty comments about it and I wasted 2 breaks and gas. I went to Chipotle website to file a complaint via chat. I spent 35 minutes, 4 different agents only for them to tell me I can't be compensated for all the inconvenience.

Original review: July 4, 2022

I have been to Chipotle many times and the food is excellent. Unfortunately they are so slow and there is always a big line even though some days there is 8 people working there prepping the food.. I have left on a number of time including other people. You are losing business. I will not go back if this persists.

Bob M