1.55/5
  • 1 star
Based on 199 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Chipotle

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

213 Chipotle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Yesterday (1/15/18) I went to get some food for my son. My family is a regular customer (Buford GA location). The employee that was taking my order was rude not only verbally, with her body language too. She even throw the containers with food in the bag. When I asked to speak with the manager, she went to the back and I could see her talking to other employees, I believe about me, laughing etc. So, I waited for the manager and got tired waiting and decide to leave and I told other employee there, that I will make my complaint online, this other employee sarcastically said "oh yeah". Then I go to my car and told my husband what happened and he asked me to go inside and get the names of the employees. When I get back in the store, there were 4 employees behind the counter, including the two that were rude to me. The one that I had the issue told the others something, they looked at me and started laughing.

I told them they were very rude, one of them said "I can laugh whenever I want to". My husband entered the restaurant and that moment another employee comes out and said "How can I help you my name is Cindy, I'm the manager". We were explaining to her what happened, the employees were still laughing at us. I believe they don't have respect for the manager because she is from another race ** and the employees (all female) were Hispanic. I feel sorry for that manager, she is being bullied by the employees, and the employees bullied me. I don't recommend for anybody to go to this restaurant in Buford, GA. And if one of the owners read this PLEASE FIRED THOSE EMPLOYEES, THEY ARE RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL AND THEY ARE BULLIES.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Issues with Chipotle Grill?? - Call Sam at **. He's a live person! Not an Interactive Voice Recognition system. January 1, 2018 – I was working at a nearby hotel and was ready to eat. I had a craving for Chipotle and proceeded to place an order online. I ordered my bowl and scheduled it for pick up at 6pm. It had already snowed (in Texas) so you know it was very cold! I walk three blocks to pick up my bowl, but found the location at 801 Congress was closed. I checked my phone to make sure I didn't place my order at the wrong location. I was right. I was standing at the correct location. Needless to say, by the time I'd returned to the hotel, I'd already burned up the majority of my lunch and had no other option.

The following day, I called the store to inquire about my transaction. “One of the managers” ** had no regard for the issue and offered my bowl. She didn't apologize for not being open on New Year's Day. She didn't offer to credit back the transaction. I perceived NO EMPATHY from her. I insisted I wanted my money back. She insisted she cannot do this. She offered no alternative other than to provide my bowl. She was rude and had no business as a store representative... or am I wrong???

I searched everywhere to find a customer service phone number to contact Chipotle to file a complaint on ** and to get my money back (which at this point isn't the main issue). The numbers I found would be to an automated service. I finally called again yesterday (1-4-18) and contacted “employee relations.” The lady insisted she couldn't help me either and that I needed to contact customer service via the “contact us” link on the website. “Email them your complaint and they will be in contact with you shortly.” There were words exchanged because at this point, I'm furious! I am the customer! My issue comes first! I do not have time to wait for somebody to call me on their time!

Finally, after the call was escalated, Sam called me. If you have an issue with Chipotle, call him at **. After telling him my issue, he apologized and explained Chipotle is a web-based customer service system. I'm sorry, a web-based customer service system? What the hell is this world coming to? Chipotle is hiding behind a system that is expecting its customers to fold!? Sam created excuses for the store saying they must've forgotten to turn their internet order system off. No, sir! That system is flawed as well! You allowed us to pay for a product that was not delivered! You ACCEPTED payment for a product that was not delivered! Then you allowed your store management to “blow it off” and not initiate an apology or reach out to their guests with options.

Instead, you've trained your crap generation managers to not worry about it thinking we'll forget about it. Then you allow those crap managers to pass the buck “you have to call customer service to get your money back” and not provide a phone number. Instead, you hid behind a web-based customer service system. Are you serious? How are you idiots still functioning? If I ever said anything as ridiculous as what ** or Sam stated as piss-poor excuses, I'd be fired!!! Walmart and McDonalds have a much better customer service system that this company does! Qdoba has better management!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I found a live bug in my burrito bowl while eating at the West Dundee location in Illinois. It was some sort of beetle with spots on it. An employee asked if I wanted another bowl (which obviously I don't since my appetite disappeared after I nearly ate a live bug). Instead, the manager came and took down my name and info & offered me a full refund. With my previous experience of getting sick from Chipotle and now finding a bug in my food, I most likely will not return.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Chipotle needs to refine their menus to include vegetarians since the whole world is not carnivorous. I ordered a black bean brown rice burrito and the rice was barely cooked. I hope the cooks are aware that brown rice needs a little more time than white rice to cook properly. The tortilla was tough and not palatable at all. Chipotle, in my opinion, is overrated and overpriced. I have eaten at other Mexican restaurants that are 100% better than the food served at Chipotle, and I will NOT be returning for more of their tasteless burritos.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Just after a few minutes of eating my Chipotle burrito (both beans, sofritas, corn, guacamole, and lettuce) - what I usually order, I experienced stomach pain. I just thought I may have eaten it too fast, so I didn't really think of it much. Later, I was a bit gassy, but slept it off. My stomach hurt the next morning, but otherwise I felt ok enough to eat breakfast and hit the gym.

It wasn't until I took like 2 bites out of my home-cooked meal that I felt nauseous and had stomach pain again. I knew this wasn't because of my prepared meals at home because they're always fresh and clean, and I never had any problems. I felt an extreme urge to go to the bathroom, and I'm sitting here, with my stomach still in pain. Online, I found other similar experiences of people after eating Chipotle. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my symptoms aren't as bad): I just know I'm never going back there again. This was after eating from the Chipotle in Forest Hills, NY, on Austin Street.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Just good 'plain' ingredients that make up some delicious meals. Not a lot of added chemicals or preservatives or fillers to get in the way of what should be simple FOOD.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I visited Chipotle grill locations in Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania… Without exception, the dining area of each location I've visited was filthy. From dried on and smeared beans stuck to the table, to lettuce and cheese on the seats, not to mention bits of food at the bottom of the plastic utensil containers... Each location displayed the very same issues.

I've heard from various health inspectors over the years, that a great way to judge the cleanliness behind the counter, is the way the restaurant is kept in front of the counter. Based on the way the seating area is kept, and the documented nationwide E. Coli and Noro-virus incidents, it's very fair to say that Chipotle Grill has a SERIOUS systemic food care/prep issue.

The smart decision to make is to stay away from all chipotle grill locations. Yes, if the food was handled and taken care of properly it would be a much healthier alternative to other fast food brands. But the truth is, as a biology major, I can confidently say that E. coli and the Noro-Virus are the least of your worries. Improperly cooked pork is notoriously responsible for harboring parasites such as tapeworms, and contaminated lettuce is known to be a great home for Listeria.

Lastly, I think the way Chipotle Grill's corporate administrators dealt with the various outbreaks is very telling. For there still to be systemic hygiene issues even after almost 2 years of sporadic outbreaks… It says that they have no idea how to contain the issue, and to enforce proper food safety/handling standards among their various location/franchise owners.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I feel as though I can find healthy food choices at Chipotle and that the restaurant does its best to be environmentally and socially responsible. I know they have had recent trouble with food-poisoning, so that does cause me some worry. I fear that is more likely when food is sourced locally from many different venues.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I think many 1 stars reviews (more than rating 5) are here just because when everything is great, people don't bother themselves writing reviews. Reading it, you see that it's particular place who didn't cook properly or didn't offer it properly or had dirty place. But if to think about experience in general, it's the best fast food, by quality and taste. I love bowl, my son likes burritos - both are huge and one portion is enough to make even a big man not hungry. We buy it in Mississauga, Canada, always well cooked, I like the choice and mainly - the policy of the company with requirements to the products.

Why usually I stay away from any fast food - because of unhealthy food there in general. Dirty and badly cooked - is a local problem, do people complain in "reviews"... I'd like to see reviews in general when I look for them. In Chipotle we have healthy food (by policy), normally freshly cooked and you can choose what exactly you put inside. The price near $10 or so gives you a big portion, tasty meal. I wish I'd see this kitchen everywhere in Canada like McDonald's, Tim Hortons and Subway.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I ate at Chipotle in Champaign IL on Sunday 7/16/17 sometime around 8:00 pm. Monday evening I had some stomach cramping. Tuesday at noon I was vomiting and had such severe pain I thought I was having an appendix attack. I had to go to the Emergency room. I had to have CT's. Nothing is wrong with appendix. White blood cells are high. Doctor says Norovirus and now I will have a huge hospital bill.

Original review: June 23, 2017

No wonder Chipotle has so much health issues and recent problems that has made lot of people sick to the point that they have filed lawsuits against these franchise. Today was the first visit and for sure the last time visiting this place again. The one on 13780 NE 175th St Ste 104, Woodinville, WA 98072. So I walked into this place and started ordering my food, one of the girls behind the counter (** one), when she was asking me if I want Pinto or Black Beans put her finger in the Pinto beans and actually touched the beans.

I saw that and told her that I saw her finger touching the food and she needs to change that pot of beans before I can order my food, her reaction, in a very rude way, was: "So what! DO YOU WANT IT OR NOT!" I said "NO Thanks, I changed my mind", and walked towards the door, on my way out, I looked back at her, to see her name badge, she smirks at me and flips her middle finger!!! I agree with all other reviews about this place not only is such a unhygienic and dirty fast food place, but also such a low class and below standard, with such rude employees! Stay away from this place!

Original review: June 21, 2017

For the LAST time went to Chipotle for a grilled chicken salad. No beans, no onions, no peppers, just lettuce & chicken w/ salsa. The server puts about a half of a scoop of gristly, over-done chicken on the lettuce, charges me for a "kid chip" which should come with a salad... You know, like crackers?? My total is over $10. NEVER AGAIN. Qdoba from now on!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

So I went into the Chipotle near my house in Elk Grove, California. I usually go there once a month. I ordered a steak burrito like always. I had a special request this time though. I asked the worker if she could cut my burrito in half. While she was doing it she had kind of an attitude like I put her out but I figured, "Oh well I'm paying for this expensive burrito the least they can do is accommodate my request" which wasn't too hard at all but she made it seem like it was. Reason for that was I had planning to eat half now and then after had got to work I was going to eat it later on. I work nights in Lake Tahoe so I figured it'd be nice to have that for lunch which I usually take around 12 midnight. But before I could eat my burrito for my lunch break I started to feel a little queasy. The next thing I knew I was running for the side of the road and hiding my head behind a fence because I had started to throw up.

Let me be clear I work construction so my lunch break in my meals are very important. With that being said I was unable to complete my shift without taking multiple breaks to go relieve myself in the bathroom and where I couldn't go to the bathroom I would find a place in the side of the road and have to do my business there. So I got off at 6 a.m. and drove back to my hotel. Driving back was a very horrible experience. The roads up here are winding and not to mention having to drive them while you're not feeling too well is not something that you would want to do everyday. Unfortunately I spent the next 8 hours with my face in the toilet and everytime I try to drink water to replenish what I had lost I was confined to the toilet.

I will never be going back to Chipotle again and I will be telling everybody I know about my experience. I am currently at work right now because there is no way that I could miss a shift and unfortunately this is not the first instance where I've heard that Chipotle has caused people distress from not taking care of their food items whether it be the temperature or the quality of their food. With that being said they've lost a loyal customer and probably more than that.

Original review: June 18, 2017

The food used to be good. Unfortunately our recent experience the staff was ABSENT - eating their own dinner (during dinner hour), the cooking area was a mess and the whole dining room was dirty and chaotic. The crew (once they finished eating and came to serve us) was disorganized and confused. I don't know. We won't be back. Never mind the unfriendliness of the dining area. It's freezing cold (no matter which state you are in or which season it is), the furniture is tiny, uncomfortable and like made for children. We sat outside just to get away from the people unfriendly dining area. We wonder if maybe the investment bankers buyout has started and they are cutting costs to the bone to puff up the financials and therefore it is on its way out.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This was the first visit and for sure the last time visiting this place again. I order a steak taco and the tortillas was cold and the steak meat was not cooked well. Beans were also cold and the toppings didn't look fresh, they didn't have any utensils to eat with, aside from minor issues regarding the cleanliness, of this place, I also wanted to address to the supposed security guard who so rudely disrespected me and my family, by approaching my husband who was obviously had been single out amongst other patrons & stereo type by his appearance.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I ate a burrito at the new Chipotle on Forbes Ave. on May 1. Had diarrhea the next day, directly attributable to the food there. In addition, they violate the civil rights of the handicapped customers by denying them access to the main seating area on the second floor. There is no elevator. They should be shut down.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I went in morning to purchase the Jamba Juice and Chipotle for my wife, I have been vegetarian my whole life. I always have purchased vegetarian items from all places. My wife is 4-6 weeks pregnant. She was kind of craving for those food items. She opened the item in the afternoon and for the first time in the USA she accidentally chew on RUBBER GLOVE PIECE. She first thought it was a condom piece. Amazing, as of 5/6/2017 we still have non-food items mixed in the food items in the great California.

Original review: May 1, 2017

My son works down the street from the Chipotle in West Chester, PA. On Friday evening on his dinner break around 6:00 he purchased and ate a steak burrito. By 7:30 he was violently ill at work. He had to finish up for 8:00 (not sure how he did it) and then went to his car and called me. He was so sick he couldn't drive, he could barely walk. He had to wait over 30 min for me to get to him from home to take him to the ER which thankfully was right down the street -- he just couldn't make it himself. He was given an IV for hydration and a med for nausea and vomiting. They did blood work and a CatScan because of the severe abdominal pain and even offered Morphine! His fever was 99.1 and he had chills and a bad headache.

I called and spoke to a manager today and explained. Her first response was "Oh, it couldn't be the steak, it is fully cooked off premise." Really?? The burrito contained a long list of other items as well as the fact that no matter how much anything is "cooked" if it isn't handled properly after it is cooked it will go bad. We were told we have to wait for a call from Chipotle Corporate now.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I've purchased 2 bowls (total came to $15.52 after tax); one of them was a chicken bowl, which was for my husband. He has been experiencing a severe diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps since the night he consumed it. I am afraid that the issue was caused by the chicken; I ate steak/chorizo bowl with no issues. The bowls had practically the same items, except for the meat. I went to Mira Mesa, San Diego location (store 0235) around 4:45 PM on Saturday, 3/18/2017.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Chipotle in Bellevue, WA gave me food poisoning on December 10th 2016 and is refusing to take responsibility and cover the expenses I incurred at the emergency room as a result of their negligence. Between Chipotle and their insurance company (ESIS), they should be shut down for how incompetent and negligent they are not only with customer care, but also the lack of sanitation in their restaurants. If you think they are safe now and have learned from their past issues, think again.

Original review: March 6, 2017

My wife got severe food poisoning on Saturday 3/4/2017. They still have bacteria problems. She was bleeding from her nose as she was vomiting. They should close their doors. They haven't figured out how to safely serve food.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We have been a loyal customer for Chipotle in long branch, but on 1-18-17, we received the worst service in long time. When I pointed out to Ms. **, she did not even try to even listen to my mistreatment by the staff, but advise me to point it out next time. I didn't understand what she was implying by saying that point it out next time, if I have issue now I am going to point out now and not next time. The problem was that my bowl was not to the point like very time I get serve, my bowls look half empty, and I paid for the full bowl. When pointed out Ms ** said that they are in training, but did not look into the matter. I felt like it was done on purpose or you do not want our business. So I wish I get compensated or you will lose my business for good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I went to Chipotle today. Bought 3 veggie bowls for my family. They were half full, no onions, no Guacamole, no sour cream, beans, corn and many more. I have gone here a lot of times - happens almost all the time. Paid $6.00 per bowl and it was half empty. Workers are being very cheap not putting enough food in the plate. They need to step up their work a lot more. I hope this will help anyone who reads this. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

On November 8, 2016 at approximately 2PM, we picked up a burrito at our Eden Prairie Minnesota Chipotle. My daughter bit into her burrito and found something very hard in her bite. When she took it out of her mouth to see what it was, it was a screw!! We immediately called the restaurant. We were told to bring it into the store. My husband and daughter both went into the store and gave the screw to the manager. They were told it probably came from the cheese grater. No apologies were made but they were sent home with free burrito coupons.

Personally, I feel like it was an insult. They simply blew it off as an "oh well, this happens" situation. Needless to say we will not be returning to that Chipotle and spreading the word about the unsanitary conditions of their equipment. I'm considering contacting the health board as well. I would have included the receipt but our Chipotle throws our receipts away after we order so there was none to include.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

My husband and I went to Chipotle and I had a horrible experience. I was eating and then I saw a piece of hair in my food. Omg this was a really bad experience. The staff need to put their hair slick back because it's very important. I see their hair not slick back and trying to look cute. I felt sick to my stomach! I will never go there again!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Chipotle just did this to my son and I. Still have not received a phone call- it was Halloween if you came in with a costume on you got a discount. A friend and him came in as Donald Trump and were told by multiple servers to leave -- he is 17!! He said "you have to serve me." They said "boy you better leave!!" He said "I will call your human relations dept." They then served him - made his food sloppy and laughed as they did. This is horrible... Regardless of who you support Respect each other. And can they do that? Tell him to leave?? There were witnesses... People I didn't know were there said "My child saw what happened. That's awful." I can't believe they didn't even call me and apologize... And the manager when I told him said "lady I don't have time for this" and hung up on me!! Finneytown Ohio Chipotle is discriminating and no one cares!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

When: 10/19/2016, Symptoms started: 10/19/2016, What he ate: 2 Tacos Barbacoa; steak, veggies, cheese, and sour cream. Location: Chipotle Mexican Grill, East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, United States, Phone: (760) 325-0346, Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Fever, and Vomiting.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

I have gone several times to Chipotle and on several occasion both me and my husband have gotten sick from going to the bathroom several times to vomiting. Just yesterday October 23, 2016 we went again and the same thing, this time my son went with us and he started feeling really sick and the funny part was that the day before I spoke with my brother which is in Utah and he was heading to Chipotle which was 25 miles from where he is staying at. And just yesterday he called me to tell me that he got sick from the food he ate at Chipotle and I have heard from different people that they had had the same sickness. This needs to be reported. It could go as far as getting a bacteria or something really bad.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I don't know about you but every time me and my crew go to Chipotle, I feel like I always get some high quality eatin in. It's a great place to hang out with my peeps and eat some of them high quality meals that they have. I put this place above all when it's time for a night with the bros. Last but not least, I really appreciate how clean this place is. Cleanest place in town! Gourmet food, nice place to chill, and the cleanest place I've ever seen. What more is there to ask?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Deerfield Chipotle, 10/19/16, 2:00 PM. I stood at the counter waiting for service, no one in front of me. One girl behind the counter was finishing an order for someone. The other girl kept her back to me as I was waiting there, joking and laughing with the cook and opening paper bags and setting them out, one after another. I gave it a few minutes and I was still ignored. I gave up and left. I've complained in the past about poor customer service there. I'll never again go there now that there is new Roti across the street with better attention to customers.

Chipotle Company Information

www.chipotle.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use