3.8/5 (186 ratings)

About Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: April 28, 2022

In KC MO on Chouteau Trafficway location, still doing the same for online orders, when you pick up for what you paid, surprise at home. Big disappointment. The price for small portions and flavor is very bad.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I placed a catering order 2 days in advance. On the day of the order, I got text messages from Doordash that Chipotle has canceled my order. Chipotle NEVER contacted me about the cancellation. When I called the catering line, I got moved around in circles and never really had a way of contacting customer service. The recording referred me to the store. When I called the store, I got a recorded message about them not being able to help even though that was where I was directed. TWO HOURS after the order was supposed to be delivered, I still have no resolution. I will NO LONGER patronize CHIPOTLE for anything! They are terrible at resolving issues if at all. ABSOLUTELY NOT WORTH IT!

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Service and food were ok but I didn't receive a receipt again. I thought it was just when I went through drive-through after ordering online but it has been when I go in also. I should not have to ask.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Chipotle is incredible! They give customers only the best experiences and satisfy people all around. At least 20 people have given Chipotle a five-star rating. Chipotle cares about food allergies and religious beliefs and makes food that all can eat. I highly recommend Chipotle for any family outing.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Chipotle used to be flavorful, but over the past couple of years, they are changing how they season. Their white rice used to be full of salt, lime juice and cilantro, now it is just bland. It had added a lot of flavor before. I like the sofritas, but is also much more bland lately. I have been going to different Chipotle restaurants in the KC area to see if it might just be a few, but the change seems consistent. I used to eat at Chipotle a few times a month. Now I go about once every 4 months, and I don't think I will even go that frequently - it's very disappointing.

Original review: March 17, 2022

This review is a combination of things. I have been wanting to stop going to Chipotle for a very long time for one reason. I do not like how there is not an express lane. I order the same burrito bowl several times a week and it would pain me to have to stand in line behind 5 people that were ordering multiple meals for other people. They frequently had questions about what was what and the wait was sometimes as long as a half hour and even longer, while my meal took less than a minute to prepare. The workers never had to ask me what I wanted because they always knew. This tells me Chipotle does not care about their customers. I cannot quite find the right words to describe how wrong this feels. Yes, there is the option to order ahead, but I am a last minute person and prefer not to.

I also do not care for how Chipotle has been handling the pandemic. Some stores closed down indoor placing of orders and indoor eating. The only way to pay was online through their app. If you just happened to be out and about with a craving for Chipotle and do not own a smart phone, too bad for you. You were only allowed to pick up your meal at the door outside in the cold. You could not see them prepare it for you. It seemed like more of a test run to see how many people would accept this (which, sad to say, but many did) because not all Chipotle stores did this, but you can bet I permanently banned the ones that did.

Now, about the food, lately I have been noticing this terrible smell coming from their food. Today, I purchased a burrito bowl and as I was driving home and sitting at a traffic light, I smelled this odor of very bad diarrhea and or rotting flesh. I was certain the driver in front of me let one rip and it some how escaped his car and got into mine. I closed all my vents, but the smell persisted. When I got home, I aired out my car, and went to go eat. When I opened the bag, there it was - this horrible smell. While taking the lid off, some salsa and barbacoa meat soiled my hand and since my garbage was full and the toilet was right there I disposed of it in the toilet - not something I would normally do.

These two gobs of meat and salsa moved around as though they were alive following each other in the toilet. They were making quick moves after being still, like a magnet, moves that could not come from toilet current. I do not know what they are selling as food, but I have noticed this smell at Chipotle (all of them!) for quite some time (years), just not as pungent as today. This went straight to the trash. I am absolutely disgusted and I think I will be testing more unquestionable food from wherever in the toilet from now on. Chipotle was the only fast food place I would go to, but not anymore.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Today I called into the phone line to place a catering order for up to 50 people for the military base. The girl Susan on the phone was not a good listener. I told her it was my first time doing a order. She was very impatient and made deep sighs when I asked questions. She also would stop me in mid questions to tell me I can't do that instead of giving me some options. She gave me a price of add-on for chips for 43.20 and said it was the same size bag you walk out with in the store for normal orders. She told me I was duplicating lettuce orders and I asked her can she help make an order without any duplication. She kept repeating it just basic to build a burrito but I am Hispanic and I do understand a burrito. She was beyond confusing, and short with me. She also told me she is the only one who can do my order. I am now reconsidering going with some other option moving forward.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Me and my dad went to Chipotle after there was nothing to eat in our house and we couldn’t find anything else. I decided to go with my normal meal - a chicken burrito. Everything was fine until the wrapping of the burrito came along and I could tell it looked like it would fall apart but I left it alone. I get home hungry and ready to enjoy the burrito and I can’t even get it out the foil before it fell apart. With the amount of money my dad paid for that meal there is no reason why the burrito should’ve fell apart. The food tasted good and once I got the burrito under control it was very enjoyable but it was too expensive for me to have to rewrap the burrito myself. Unacceptable.

Original review: March 8, 2022

What is going on with Chipotle?? I ordered 2 bowls, on the app, on Feb 14, 2022. One bowl was right the other wasn’t anywhere near. When I called the Hermitage, Pennsylvania store to tell them They said “no problem”. They told me that they would write it in the book and anytime I wanted I could come and get it. Today, March 8, 2022, I stopped to get the bowl. When I got to the register the girl, who turned out to be the manager, said “it’s not in the book”. I told her then we have a problem. She told me that she had to see a “bank statement”. I said that I ordered it on the app. When I opened the app it wanted updated. So, I updated it and couldn’t find my orders. When I asked her if she could help me locate them she said “we don’t work with apps”. So, I said fine that I would stand there and find it myself.

She also stated that she didn’t say that “I was lying”. After some minutes I found my orders, but by now she had disappeared to the back. When she came back from her phone call, she must have called someone about me. She finally came back, I showed her my app order, which she barely glanced at and decided to allow me to take my food. She never said she was sorry for her rudeness or said thanks when I was leaving. We have been a customer of that restaurant for many years and I am saddened by the treatment. I had to notice that she was all smiles for the tall young men ahead of me.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I purposely waited 12 hours prior to posting this to "gain perspective". So I'll merely lay out the facts. I ordered a Steak Burrito online from Chipotle through their "Guac Zone" app. (Note: this does not get you free Quac immediately). Ordered at 5:34 P.M. and arrived for the order at 5:46 P.M. It was not ready and the front line knew nothing about it. After checking the back kitchen the counterperson emerged from the back kitchen with my bag. At this point I had decided to eat-in restaurant and opened my bag. The Steak Burrito was cold. I don't mean a "lack of heat", it was cold. I presented the cold burrito to the counterperson thinking they would surely remake it on the spot. That would have been "pride in the product" and "concern for the customer". No such luck, as the three counterpersons stood there with blank looks claiming there was nothing they could do.

At this point I sat down and resigned myself to eating a Cold Steak Burrito. As I was taking my second bite, visions of Chipotle's E. coli outbreaks of 2015 appeared in my head and bested my hunger. So I plopped the Burrito on the front counter and left. Complain you say? Ah yes, the "comment & contact line" in the "Guac App" is "inhabited" by an A.I. or robot. The "inhabitant" even acknowledged it was a "robot". Seizing on some keywords the AI/Robot issued an immediate credit to my Google Pay Account (actually wait 5 to 10 days). No apology, merely a comment about "missing the mark". The automatic refund facility here had me chuckling to myself about how a dishonest person might abuse the system.

Chipotle Company Information