1.56/5
Based on 195 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Chipotle

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 19, 2017

209 Chipotle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Just after a few minutes of eating my Chipotle burrito (both beans, sofritas, corn, guacamole, and lettuce) - what I usually order, I experienced stomach pain. I just thought I may have eaten it too fast, so I didn't really think of it much. Later, I was a bit gassy, but slept it off. My stomach hurt the next morning, but otherwise I felt ok enough to eat breakfast and hit the gym.

It wasn't until I took like 2 bites out of my home-cooked meal that I felt nauseous and had stomach pain again. I knew this wasn't because of my prepared meals at home because they're always fresh and clean, and I never had any problems. I felt an extreme urge to go to the bathroom, and I'm sitting here, with my stomach still in pain. Online, I found other similar experiences of people after eating Chipotle. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my symptoms aren't as bad): I just know I'm never going back there again. This was after eating from the Chipotle in Forest Hills, NY, on Austin Street.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Just good 'plain' ingredients that make up some delicious meals. Not a lot of added chemicals or preservatives or fillers to get in the way of what should be simple FOOD.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I visited Chipotle grill locations in Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania… Without exception, the dining area of each location I've visited was filthy. From dried on and smeared beans stuck to the table, to lettuce and cheese on the seats, not to mention bits of food at the bottom of the plastic utensil containers... Each location displayed the very same issues.

I've heard from various health inspectors over the years, that a great way to judge the cleanliness behind the counter, is the way the restaurant is kept in front of the counter. Based on the way the seating area is kept, and the documented nationwide E. Coli and Noro-virus incidents, it's very fair to say that Chipotle Grill has a SERIOUS systemic food care/prep issue.

The smart decision to make is to stay away from all chipotle grill locations. Yes, if the food was handled and taken care of properly it would be a much healthier alternative to other fast food brands. But the truth is, as a biology major, I can confidently say that E. coli and the Noro-Virus are the least of your worries. Improperly cooked pork is notoriously responsible for harboring parasites such as tapeworms, and contaminated lettuce is known to be a great home for Listeria.

Lastly, I think the way Chipotle Grill's corporate administrators dealt with the various outbreaks is very telling. For there still to be systemic hygiene issues even after almost 2 years of sporadic outbreaks… It says that they have no idea how to contain the issue, and to enforce proper food safety/handling standards among their various location/franchise owners.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I feel as though I can find healthy food choices at Chipotle and that the restaurant does its best to be environmentally and socially responsible. I know they have had recent trouble with food-poisoning, so that does cause me some worry. I fear that is more likely when food is sourced locally from many different venues.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I think many 1 stars reviews (more than rating 5) are here just because when everything is great, people don't bother themselves writing reviews. Reading it, you see that it's particular place who didn't cook properly or didn't offer it properly or had dirty place. But if to think about experience in general, it's the best fast food, by quality and taste. I love bowl, my son likes burritos - both are huge and one portion is enough to make even a big man not hungry. We buy it in Mississauga, Canada, always well cooked, I like the choice and mainly - the policy of the company with requirements to the products.

Why usually I stay away from any fast food - because of unhealthy food there in general. Dirty and badly cooked - is a local problem, do people complain in "reviews"... I'd like to see reviews in general when I look for them. In Chipotle we have healthy food (by policy), normally freshly cooked and you can choose what exactly you put inside. The price near $10 or so gives you a big portion, tasty meal. I wish I'd see this kitchen everywhere in Canada like McDonald's, Tim Hortons and Subway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: July 19, 2017

I ate at Chipotle in Champaign IL on Sunday 7/16/17 sometime around 8:00 pm. Monday evening I had some stomach cramping. Tuesday at noon I was vomiting and had such severe pain I thought I was having an appendix attack. I had to go to the Emergency room. I had to have CT's. Nothing is wrong with appendix. White blood cells are high. Doctor says Norovirus and now I will have a huge hospital bill.

Original review: June 23, 2017

No wonder Chipotle has so much health issues and recent problems that has made lot of people sick to the point that they have filed lawsuits against these franchise. Today was the first visit and for sure the last time visiting this place again. The one on 13780 NE 175th St Ste 104, Woodinville, WA 98072. So I walked into this place and started ordering my food, one of the girls behind the counter (** one), when she was asking me if I want Pinto or Black Beans put her finger in the Pinto beans and actually touched the beans.

I saw that and told her that I saw her finger touching the food and she needs to change that pot of beans before I can order my food, her reaction, in a very rude way, was: "So what! DO YOU WANT IT OR NOT!" I said "NO Thanks, I changed my mind", and walked towards the door, on my way out, I looked back at her, to see her name badge, she smirks at me and flips her middle finger!!! I agree with all other reviews about this place not only is such a unhygienic and dirty fast food place, but also such a low class and below standard, with such rude employees! Stay away from this place!

Original review: June 21, 2017

For the LAST time went to Chipotle for a grilled chicken salad. No beans, no onions, no peppers, just lettuce & chicken w/ salsa. The server puts about a half of a scoop of gristly, over-done chicken on the lettuce, charges me for a "kid chip" which should come with a salad... You know, like crackers?? My total is over $10. NEVER AGAIN. Qdoba from now on!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

So I went into the Chipotle near my house in Elk Grove, California. I usually go there once a month. I ordered a steak burrito like always. I had a special request this time though. I asked the worker if she could cut my burrito in half. While she was doing it she had kind of an attitude like I put her out but I figured, "Oh well I'm paying for this expensive burrito the least they can do is accommodate my request" which wasn't too hard at all but she made it seem like it was. Reason for that was I had planning to eat half now and then after had got to work I was going to eat it later on. I work nights in Lake Tahoe so I figured it'd be nice to have that for lunch which I usually take around 12 midnight. But before I could eat my burrito for my lunch break I started to feel a little queasy. The next thing I knew I was running for the side of the road and hiding my head behind a fence because I had started to throw up.

Let me be clear I work construction so my lunch break in my meals are very important. With that being said I was unable to complete my shift without taking multiple breaks to go relieve myself in the bathroom and where I couldn't go to the bathroom I would find a place in the side of the road and have to do my business there. So I got off at 6 a.m. and drove back to my hotel. Driving back was a very horrible experience. The roads up here are winding and not to mention having to drive them while you're not feeling too well is not something that you would want to do everyday. Unfortunately I spent the next 8 hours with my face in the toilet and everytime I try to drink water to replenish what I had lost I was confined to the toilet.

I will never be going back to Chipotle again and I will be telling everybody I know about my experience. I am currently at work right now because there is no way that I could miss a shift and unfortunately this is not the first instance where I've heard that Chipotle has caused people distress from not taking care of their food items whether it be the temperature or the quality of their food. With that being said they've lost a loyal customer and probably more than that.

Original review: June 18, 2017

The food used to be good. Unfortunately our recent experience the staff was ABSENT - eating their own dinner (during dinner hour), the cooking area was a mess and the whole dining room was dirty and chaotic. The crew (once they finished eating and came to serve us) was disorganized and confused. I don't know. We won't be back. Never mind the unfriendliness of the dining area. It's freezing cold (no matter which state you are in or which season it is), the furniture is tiny, uncomfortable and like made for children. We sat outside just to get away from the people unfriendly dining area. We wonder if maybe the investment bankers buyout has started and they are cutting costs to the bone to puff up the financials and therefore it is on its way out.

Original review: May 21, 2017

This was the first visit and for sure the last time visiting this place again. I order a steak taco and the tortillas was cold and the steak meat was not cooked well. Beans were also cold and the toppings didn't look fresh, they didn't have any utensils to eat with, aside from minor issues regarding the cleanliness, of this place, I also wanted to address to the supposed security guard who so rudely disrespected me and my family, by approaching my husband who was obviously had been single out amongst other patrons & stereo type by his appearance.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I ate a burrito at the new Chipotle on Forbes Ave. on May 1. Had diarrhea the next day, directly attributable to the food there. In addition, they violate the civil rights of the handicapped customers by denying them access to the main seating area on the second floor. There is no elevator. They should be shut down.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I went in morning to purchase the Jamba Juice and Chipotle for my wife, I have been vegetarian my whole life. I always have purchased vegetarian items from all places. My wife is 4-6 weeks pregnant. She was kind of craving for those food items. She opened the item in the afternoon and for the first time in the USA she accidentally chew on RUBBER GLOVE PIECE. She first thought it was a condom piece. Amazing, as of 5/6/2017 we still have non-food items mixed in the food items in the great California.

Original review: May 1, 2017

My son works down the street from the Chipotle in West Chester, PA. On Friday evening on his dinner break around 6:00 he purchased and ate a steak burrito. By 7:30 he was violently ill at work. He had to finish up for 8:00 (not sure how he did it) and then went to his car and called me. He was so sick he couldn't drive, he could barely walk. He had to wait over 30 min for me to get to him from home to take him to the ER which thankfully was right down the street -- he just couldn't make it himself. He was given an IV for hydration and a med for nausea and vomiting. They did blood work and a CatScan because of the severe abdominal pain and even offered Morphine! His fever was 99.1 and he had chills and a bad headache.

I called and spoke to a manager today and explained. Her first response was "Oh, it couldn't be the steak, it is fully cooked off premise." Really?? The burrito contained a long list of other items as well as the fact that no matter how much anything is "cooked" if it isn't handled properly after it is cooked it will go bad. We were told we have to wait for a call from Chipotle Corporate now.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I've purchased 2 bowls (total came to $15.52 after tax); one of them was a chicken bowl, which was for my husband. He has been experiencing a severe diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps since the night he consumed it. I am afraid that the issue was caused by the chicken; I ate steak/chorizo bowl with no issues. The bowls had practically the same items, except for the meat. I went to Mira Mesa, San Diego location (store 0235) around 4:45 PM on Saturday, 3/18/2017.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Chipotle in Bellevue, WA gave me food poisoning on December 10th 2016 and is refusing to take responsibility and cover the expenses I incurred at the emergency room as a result of their negligence. Between Chipotle and their insurance company (ESIS), they should be shut down for how incompetent and negligent they are not only with customer care, but also the lack of sanitation in their restaurants. If you think they are safe now and have learned from their past issues, think again.

Original review: March 6, 2017

My wife got severe food poisoning on Saturday 3/4/2017. They still have bacteria problems. She was bleeding from her nose as she was vomiting. They should close their doors. They haven't figured out how to safely serve food.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

We have been a loyal customer for Chipotle in long branch, but on 1-18-17, we received the worst service in long time. When I pointed out to Ms. **, she did not even try to even listen to my mistreatment by the staff, but advise me to point it out next time. I didn't understand what she was implying by saying that point it out next time, if I have issue now I am going to point out now and not next time. The problem was that my bowl was not to the point like very time I get serve, my bowls look half empty, and I paid for the full bowl. When pointed out Ms ** said that they are in training, but did not look into the matter. I felt like it was done on purpose or you do not want our business. So I wish I get compensated or you will lose my business for good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I went to Chipotle today. Bought 3 veggie bowls for my family. They were half full, no onions, no Guacamole, no sour cream, beans, corn and many more. I have gone here a lot of times - happens almost all the time. Paid $6.00 per bowl and it was half empty. Workers are being very cheap not putting enough food in the plate. They need to step up their work a lot more. I hope this will help anyone who reads this. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

On November 8, 2016 at approximately 2PM, we picked up a burrito at our Eden Prairie Minnesota Chipotle. My daughter bit into her burrito and found something very hard in her bite. When she took it out of her mouth to see what it was, it was a screw!! We immediately called the restaurant. We were told to bring it into the store. My husband and daughter both went into the store and gave the screw to the manager. They were told it probably came from the cheese grater. No apologies were made but they were sent home with free burrito coupons.

Personally, I feel like it was an insult. They simply blew it off as an "oh well, this happens" situation. Needless to say we will not be returning to that Chipotle and spreading the word about the unsanitary conditions of their equipment. I'm considering contacting the health board as well. I would have included the receipt but our Chipotle throws our receipts away after we order so there was none to include.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

My husband and I went to Chipotle and I had a horrible experience. I was eating and then I saw a piece of hair in my food. Omg this was a really bad experience. The staff need to put their hair slick back because it's very important. I see their hair not slick back and trying to look cute. I felt sick to my stomach! I will never go there again!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Chipotle just did this to my son and I. Still have not received a phone call- it was Halloween if you came in with a costume on you got a discount. A friend and him came in as Donald Trump and were told by multiple servers to leave -- he is 17!! He said "you have to serve me." They said "boy you better leave!!" He said "I will call your human relations dept." They then served him - made his food sloppy and laughed as they did. This is horrible... Regardless of who you support Respect each other. And can they do that? Tell him to leave?? There were witnesses... People I didn't know were there said "My child saw what happened. That's awful." I can't believe they didn't even call me and apologize... And the manager when I told him said "lady I don't have time for this" and hung up on me!! Finneytown Ohio Chipotle is discriminating and no one cares!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

When: 10/19/2016, Symptoms started: 10/19/2016, What he ate: 2 Tacos Barbacoa; steak, veggies, cheese, and sour cream. Location: Chipotle Mexican Grill, East Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA, United States, Phone: (760) 325-0346, Symptoms: Diarrhea, Nausea, Fever, and Vomiting.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

I have gone several times to Chipotle and on several occasion both me and my husband have gotten sick from going to the bathroom several times to vomiting. Just yesterday October 23, 2016 we went again and the same thing, this time my son went with us and he started feeling really sick and the funny part was that the day before I spoke with my brother which is in Utah and he was heading to Chipotle which was 25 miles from where he is staying at. And just yesterday he called me to tell me that he got sick from the food he ate at Chipotle and I have heard from different people that they had had the same sickness. This needs to be reported. It could go as far as getting a bacteria or something really bad.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I don't know about you but every time me and my crew go to Chipotle, I feel like I always get some high quality eatin in. It's a great place to hang out with my peeps and eat some of them high quality meals that they have. I put this place above all when it's time for a night with the bros. Last but not least, I really appreciate how clean this place is. Cleanest place in town! Gourmet food, nice place to chill, and the cleanest place I've ever seen. What more is there to ask?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

Deerfield Chipotle, 10/19/16, 2:00 PM. I stood at the counter waiting for service, no one in front of me. One girl behind the counter was finishing an order for someone. The other girl kept her back to me as I was waiting there, joking and laughing with the cook and opening paper bags and setting them out, one after another. I gave it a few minutes and I was still ignored. I gave up and left. I've complained in the past about poor customer service there. I'll never again go there now that there is new Roti across the street with better attention to customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I have only gone to Chipotle 3 times, once during business day and twice on weekend. Both times on weekend got sick but was not sure until this past weekend, my son and I both were sick! He vomit 25 minutes after eating and I am still having stomach pains, cramps, bloated feels like something is crawling around in my stomach. Have not eaten much since Saturday and feeling really bad still today. A few things I notice about the workers, you never see them wash their hands, no gloves, and they are just a bunch of kids with bad hygiene habits. I don't think I will ever eat there again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I travel 37 miles Crystal River, with my family to eat at the closest Chipotle Restaurant, in Ocala Fl. And always have had good service and food there. Until last night. It took me at least 20 minutes to get my food. When we got there the restaurant and outdoor seating was moderately full. The line was a little longer than normal but it moved fast until I got up to make my order then, that's when it changed.

After waiting a while for the person to fill several on-line orders, he wander away to get more tickets. When he returned I ask if he could take my order. He politely said "sorry" then I gave him my wife's simple bowl order and a few seconds flat it was filled and pushed down the line. He resumed filling more online orders. After some time he noticed I haven't moved down the line. I said "I have more to order". I ordered my usual 2 orders of hard tacos. After digging around he laid out the two baskets and shells and resumed filling online orders, then the person waiting downstream to fill their station's orders came up and loaded the meat onto the shells. Right, things are moving now.

Wrong. I asked for the grilled onions and peppers. She was then frozen. The manager was restocking around this person the items in the station area, and they just were waiting. I ask if that was ok to get these items on my tacos. She said "I am waiting for the tongs to be brought back", so I backed up away so the crowd of a line behind didn't think I was the problem here. Finally she turned and got one from the tray behind her (must have had a least 10 of them in there). Now I am moving on down. Things are being stuffed in those taco shell and I can see the end in sight. It was only a train light because all my items were being stacked by the register that had no one manning it. I looked at the server. She said "SHE will be right back". It didn't matter anyway. My brother in law behind was still at the start of the line waiting to be recognized so he could order his bowl.

Finally when he was done, all the little food bowls/baskets was sitting there. The lady that was arranging bags of chips turned around and rung up the order. I informed her that I needed 3 LARGE drinks included. She looks at me and says that's $39.**. I gave my card, she processed it and then she sets 3 SMALL cups down. I informed her I ordered Large drinks. She say "I already rung it up that way". I said "looks like youre going to have to un-ring it up". She did. I asked for some trays. She handed me one, then resume the bag shuffle. Now the KICKER. Remember earlier when I said the inside and outside was nearly full. It was now vacant. Nobody at all. Just a line of people waiting to get served. Food was excellent/the Sweet tea was too.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I'm a vegetarian and I often go to chipotle just for sofritas, corn, and tomato and sometimes rice. I was halfway through my meal when I noticed that there was chicken in my sofritas. The chicken blended in very well. I immediately spit it out and called chipotle's Corporate number. The lady on the phone was no help at all and was very unsympathetic. My stomach began to hurt about 25 minutes later and the pain was terrible. I emailed chipotle, but I doubt they'll do anything about it. I also had to ask for my drink and my chips that came with my meal, but I didn't receive the chips either.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

So I have been a loyal Chipotle customer for years! I literally have enjoyed those burritos and bowls hundreds of times. But my time is pretty much over with this company. Chipotle loves to give the allusion it is a 'healthy' alternative to fast food. The reality is, it is ANYTHING BUT HEALTHY. I really started to notice a difference in my well being after a Chipotle opened right down the street from me, and I began to frequent it more often. After eating burritos about a year ago, I would feel sick, and lethargic. I told myself I would stick to the bowls, as the burritos were just way too much food. After eating the bowls I have realized they always cause me to feel ill, after as little as 30 minutes of eating it.

I have terrible stomach pains, cramps, I feel bloated, nauseous and gross. I had a hard time connecting the food I was eating and the feeling, because it was always my understanding this food was 'healthy', because they were using 'whole unprocessed' ingredients. I went to their website and was absolutely startled by how much sodium is in the food. Literally nearly 2 days worth of sodium are in a typical burrito bowl. I did more research and found out that much of their 'add on toppings'; salsa, meat bases/seasonings, etc. are not made in house, but manufactured by a huge supplier that also supplies foods for McDonald's etc.

Having 3000 MG of Sodium in one serving is a disaster, and it is because of the way they source their ingredients. Very misleading company. And not healthy in the slightest. Too much sodium in a sitting will make you sick period, as it sends your body into shock, as it tries to bring it back into equilibrium. I will not be back, too many better options are beginning to become available in the fast casual marketplace to rely on Chipotle anymore. I am done. Stop lying to your consumers Chipotle!!!

Chipotle Company Information