3.53/5

266 Chipotle Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

When ordering one Chipotle burrito from the Chipotle app there was an issue getting the burrito remade or getting a refund. The individual Chipotle restaurant (2484 E. Main St Bexley, Oh 43209) I was told could not refund one single burrito because I was not able to pick it up at the available time. I wanted to get it remade but they would not do it so I ask for a refund and they said I had to send an e-mail through the app which does not solve the problem here and now. The worker were very unprofessional when dealing with customers. I've seen this over and over again with this particular location. That's why I usually avoid this location but decided to order here today. This will be my final time ordering from this location.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

This was by far the most poorly ran Chipotle I have ever been to. ALL the tables were dirty and not wiped off and empty. The line was long and SO slow by the time we did get our food it was cold. They had NO forks or small tortillas. The last time I was there they didn't have ice. I had to ask for the tables to be wiped twice. I also spoke to the manager when I tried to get a fork and he didn't seem to care much at all. Said they were working on things but seriously didn't care his store was a wreck.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I went to the Southland Chipotle and of course the line is out the door. The staff was extremely rude, every table was dirty and of course they’re out of cheese.

I asked for a little guac to sub for them being out of cheese, how can this place be out of cheese?? The guy says “NO” we have to charge for that, so I said well is my food cheaper since I cannot get what is supposed to come with it? He had the worst attitude ever! I ended up buying chips and guac which he filled a quarter full just to be a complete jerk. The cashier never said hello or goodbye. All I got always a frown and "please step aside". So, If you hate your job find a different one. There were 3 people hanging out talking (while working) and nowhere to sit for customers. Like, grab a rag dude so the PAYING customers can sit down to eat their partial meals that they paid full price for!!

Absolutely horrendous experience and I will not be back and I am going to tell EVERYONE I know how I was treated!! This is probably the 4th or 5th time in this particular store that it has been an embarrassing visit for them. EVERYONE working there has an attitude for some reason and I mean EVERYONE on the front line. I can promise you I will not be back. Wendy’s and other places are right there and guess what? They are friendly...

Original review: July 24, 2019

I had to laugh because I was looking at Google news and on there it said that Chipotle won’t offer beyond burgers or impossible burgers because they are processed!!!! The funny part of this is in that same ad it said they will still offer a tofu vegetarian dish. HELLO.... tofu is processed, along with fries, chicken nuggets, etc. Do they really think people are that blind and dumb? Chipotle you better get your stories straight before speaking especially on Google!!!!

Original review: July 10, 2019

I placed a catering order with Chipotle catering, outside the 24 hour time frame. I received a confirmation email saying my catering order would be delivered at 12:00 on July 3. The day of July 3rd, I received a phone call from the New York Chipotle store at 11:15 stating they had to cancel my order as they had not received it until now. Being that it was only 45 min until my business lunch, and I received a confirmation email, I was a little upset. I asked if she could still prepare the food, and I would come and pick it up. The store said they did not have enough food and could not offer me anything, the order had to be cancelled. Later that afternoon, after I scrambled to get lunch for a very important office, I called customer Customer Service and stated that I had been charged for the lunch. Customer Service said I would hear from them within 24 business hours. Being that it was a Holiday weekend, I waited to call back.

As of today, July 10th, I had still not heard from anyone at Chipotle. I called customer once again. There was no record of my complaint with Customer Service, and I have yet to receive my refund. I understand that things happen, but the way both the store and Customer Service handled this situation is beyond unprofessional. There were no solutions, apologies, or how can they fix their mistake offered. Being in an industry where I use catering daily, I will definitely take my business elsewhere. Highly disappointed in the way this situation has been handled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: June 26, 2019

Really bad experience. Never go back there. Food was nasty and messy. I could not eat my burrito right because they just threw everything together and burrito would not close. When adding more things to the burrito the worker made faces.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I visited the Mentor Avenue location in Mentor, Ohio. The front line staff was very rude and unprofessional. The food was also salty. The cashier Ashley put the icing on the cake. She never made eye contact and handed me my card back as if it was gross. She didn't offer to hand me my receipt and when I said thank you twice (second time louder). Ashley never responded as if I wasn't standing there. It's funny how companies want sell cultured food but don't respect the culture. With this ** on the line, it will for sure hurt the business. I tried to give a one star rating but I had to choose 1. :(

Original review: June 7, 2019

On 06/06 at 9:30 I walked into Chipotle and ordered 2 chicken bowls. One's with extra meat along with a juice, 3 bags of chips and guacamole. Once at checkout the total came to around $28.00. When I was at checkout I asked do they have more chips. There was only one bag up front. She was very rude and said, "Yes we always have chips. Do you want the order." I then stated yes. I needed 3 bags of chips. She went in the back and came back with 3 bags of chips.

Once I got home I immediately noticed the chips were completely stale. I then taste chips from the other 2 bags and those were stale as well. I immediately called the store and spoke to AMBER which was the rude lady at checkout. I advised the chips were stale. I asked if I can come get fresh bags. She stated they were closed. I told her, "I eat my chips with the bowl. If I don't have chips we cannot eat the bowls." It was for me and my 10 yr old son. She then stated I can come up there for a full refund. I told her, "I left the receipt on the counter. It should still be there." She stated, "No worries. What is your name and number? I will leave a message for a refund on the bowl and chips only" since they were closed and I could not go back 20 min drive and get fresh chips. She stated, "Come in the morning. They will issue a refund."

When I got there the manager was extremely rude. Her Name is Gloria **. She offered me a $1.50 refund on a $28.00 order. I was extremely embarrassed at this point. I explained to her not only have I wasted 40 min in gas I was not able to eat the bowls without the chips! She then kept stating it was fraud with no receipt. When she had clearly told me she was able to pull the cameras and saw me in the store and my receipt on the counter.

I come here normally on my lunch as I work close by. I will tell all my coworkers never to visit this place not only are they rude they are serving stale food!!! Now not only have I wasted 40 min in gas I was not able to eat the bowls. I'm confused on how she stated it was fraud and she seen me on the cameras! This was embarrassing at the least. Customer service is not hard. You treat people with respect! I will be posting this on my FB, my Twitter and the BBB website. She acted like because I'm a ** female I'm fraud. I have you know I make 80K a year!!! With a very prestigious job!

I'm outraged of the disrespect and lies I was told. Furthermore to say it's fraud is completely unnecessary. Not only did she see me on camera I have phone records I called the store around 10 pm and spoke to AMBER. So how is this fraud? I'm very disappointing in the store as I love Chipotle. I spend a lot of money on every visit I come. She judged me by my skin color! When in reality I can buy that store with my stocks!!!

I did not expect this coming from Chipotle as I was disrespected, embarrassed and judged off the color of my skin. Because I'm ** and spent $28 it must be fraud? Then she stated because of the large amount she was not issuing a refund! So I drove 20 min there and back 2X, Got bowls I could not eat with 3 bags of chips I could not eat and she offered me $1.50. This is a slap in the face!!! You have not heard the last of me as I plan to take this discrimination serious and will be heard!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Me and my boyfriend got Chipotle last night because we sat in traffic that day and didn’t want to cook dinner. The customer service in the restaurant was very good and the workers were friendly and fast! I ordered a salad bowl w/ steak and veggies, my boyfriend order a rice bowl with chicken and steak. Immediately after eating I had to run to the bathroom and my stomach was in knots for the rest of the night! My boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night 3 times for the toilet! Not ok!!! We both got sick and now he tired for work in the morning bc he was up all night on the toilet!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Ordered online. When our bank statement came we were overcharged $24 on a $19 order. Customer service is a joke. Tried repeatedly to correct it. I gave up after round 5. The store the order came from said it was placed online. Deal with corporate!

Chipotle Company Information