1.53/5
Based on 216 reviews that contain star ratings

230 Chipotle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Actually I’m good fan of Chipotle veggie bowl... I ate several times but I had terrible experience after eating Chipotle veggie bowl last week... Me and my husband had veggie bowl that night only. Our throat got infection, feeling sick, fever...experienced like hell.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The first Chipotle experience was good - fully stuffed burrito and bowl. 2nd visit the burrito was smaller and not as tasty. Today with 2 different bowls the quantity was smaller and the presentation lacked appeal. Again the food was not as tasty as originally. Won’t be going back any time soon.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

In a nutshell, these establishments do not train their employees to fill the veggie bowls properly. Each time I've gone to order the veggie bowl, it's inconsistent. I've called about this several times and nothing has changed. It's ridiculous.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've gone to Chipotle off and on since they opened. I've always ordered the same thing...a steak burrito. From day one up until my recent visit their steak has been full of gristle. I won't eat gristle. It is completely unacceptable. What I do is, if I can't reasonably chew through it then I will chew it some and spit out the chewed up gristle. It is fairly common to have to do this with steak these days but usually it is a bite here or there. I kid you not, with Chipotle, it is just about EVERY SINGLE piece of steak! I don't know how they even buy meat with that much gristle in it! They must be going out of their way to buy the steak that others have rejected. Even my cheap taco wagon choices pick better meat to serve.

It is literally to the point that their steak is inedible. That is incredible that they have not figured out that one of the biggest reason for their downturn in business is simply because of this one reason and seemingly refuse to solve the problem. It is too bad because I would LOVE their food if they fixed this. The ONLY reasonable explanation is they are knowingly buying this gristle meat because it is extremely cheap and enough people aren't complaining. I assume they don't realize they are losing millions and millions because of this poor decision.

I've seen others complain about the gristle or toughness of Chipotle's steak and have claimed it is because they don't cook it properly or some other reason. Nope, if you are a person who prepares your own steak often enough then you know how gristle works. It has nothing to do with how they prepare or cook it and everything to do with straight up buying horrible quality meat and trying to pass it off as good enough. It isn't. There is no way to "cook" a touch grisly piece of meat so that the gristle goes away.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Myself and wife picked up a veggie bowl from Chipotle today at Lawrenceville, GA. We brought it home to eat just to find out that the bowl was 85% rice and there were hardly any veggies or beans. Even the quality of whatever veggies they had was horrible... looked stale. Extremely dissatisfied with the quality of food they provided. Bye, Bye Chipotle... never again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

With Chipotle's new delivery service, my husband and I decided to try it for the first time. When it came to getting it delivered, the service was terrible. It was pouring rain (why we got delivery) and the guy told my husband to come outside because "he thought he was there". Then, the delivery guy was not there. My husband then had to get in the car to go try to find this delivery guy. Couldn't find him, hung up on my husband. "DoorDash" told us they couldn't refund us and we had to talk to Chipotle. Chipotle told us we had to talk to DoorDash. DO NOT GET CHIPOTLE DELIVERED. DONT GET CHIPOTLE AT ALL, THEY DO NOT TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS CORRECTLY.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I mistakenly ordered from an incorrect location (completely different zip) and I requested a refund. The manager would not give me my refund and threw away the food. As many times as I eat at Chipotle this is no loyalty to customers.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Every time I go there my burrito gets smaller. This last time I was so shocked at the amount of carnitas the server (girl) put on that I forgot to add pinto beans. She just said "That's it?" and dumbfounded I said, "Yeah, I guess" when I wanted and should have said, "Sorry for bothering you but I changed my mind" and left! I will not go back to what was my favorite fast food. I'm afraid if I did, I would owe them food the way it was going.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The food is not as good as Taco Bell. The food is always cold, the rich is not fully cooked, the beef is not fully cooked so it is tuff. It's lousy bad food compared to a real Mexican restaurant. I tried it at 3 different locations and all 3 had the not cooked rice and tuff, partially cooked beef and cold food. It's disgusting. One time they put the bay leaf in my burrito. They need to cook the meat for an hour longer than they currently do and they need for the food to be warm or hot.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I went through the line and was given very little food in my order. I almost walked away from the line to pay because the price was not worth my order. Then I turned around and the woman was putting three spoons of food on every person behind me. Why was I charged the same with so little and they given so much. Made me literally sick.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was very excited to find that Chipotle now offers delivery with DoorDash (who are extremely quick!). So being that I have 3 children at home, and my husband had the car, I ordered dinner for us. I ordered through the app DoorDash. Chipotle is very expensive but the kids were craving it, so I treated them. The order came quickly within 30 minutes. But lo and behold I was missing at least half of the items that I ordered. On top of that, the food that we did order was extremely little. I was upset, but my son, who is 7 was terribly upset because he did not have his food. I then called to let them know half of the order was missing. The TWO general managers, Frankie and Daphnie told me there was nothing they could do. Their employee had made a mistake when looking at the order. I told them, I was charged fully for the food that I DID NOT receive. Once again I was told there was nothing they could do.

I told them couldn't they refund the money over the phone so I could once again place the order through DoorDash, and they said they are not allowed to do that.

So then I said, can't you issue me a Chipotle gift card over the phone and then I could place the order that way. They said absolutely not. So basically I wasn't getting the money refunded nor the food that same day. I would have to come in person. But then I explained the whole reason I ordered on DoorDash was because I COULDN'T leave my home. So I am going to dispute this charge with my credit card company.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Food is just ok for what we get. Truth is, we can make our own for a lot less than we are charged... Even so, when out and about, we have ordered Vegan bowls and as Vegans we do not order dairy or meat. Because of this, we feel we are overcharged, when compared to the standard bowls, and have decided NOT to go to this eatery until this unfairness is rectified. Also, when I go with my husband, my bowl has been consistently about 1/3 less than my husband's. This is a major problem for me. Yet another way the society cheats women!

Original review: June 11, 2018

The staff was okay, I ordered the chicken bowl. It may have just been vegetarian as they literally had little to no meat. This has happened more time than I would like to mention, there was one time, I just demanded my money back, there really should be a law against this sort of thing. #boycot/Chipotle

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered 2 burrito bowls and they may have just been vegetarian as they literally had 3 pieces of meat. 1 of which has so much fat, I spit it out. Gross. No meat and the food was awful. My first time eating Chipotle and it was my last. This is not Mexican food. This is gross and in no way, shape or form can this be authentic Mexican food. You definitely missed the mark Chipotle. Sadly, Taco Bell has you beat. Do not eat at Chipotle, EVER!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

Tried the steak bowl. And hey, we all get a little chewy meat at the restaurant, but this was 80% gristle - and thats being generous. If thats any indication of their food quality, they will be in trouble again. I'd have thought they learned a lesson a few years ago when they had bad food issues. Obviously not. How many chances do you get? I didn't know that low grade of food was even available until I ate at Chipotle.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

On February 9, 2018, my goddaughter and myself went to Chipotle for dinner. She had the bowl without the beans, while I chose the burrito in a bowl with the black beans. An hour after I ate the food I got sick as a dog, but my goddaughter was ok. I was fine until I ate the food, it was the only food that I consumed all day and I believe that the black beans were going bad. I attempted to contact them with no luck.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I visited the Chipotle in Middletown KY as I have many times. The staff there is GREAT and the store is very clean!!! I have never had a problem until today. I ordered the burrito bowl, what I always order. Fortunately I only ate a small amount while sitting in my car before going in grocery. About an hr later I got stomach cramps. By the time I got home I couldn't even get my groceries out of my car. I felt so bad. I have a pouch instead of a colon so it's always scary with stomach problems. I went straight to bed after taking meds and I am better, but I'm positive it was the food! Unfortunately I can't take a chance so I won't be going back???

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Yesterday (1/15/18) I went to get some food for my son. My family is a regular customer (Buford GA location). The employee that was taking my order was rude not only verbally, with her body language too. She even throw the containers with food in the bag. When I asked to speak with the manager, she went to the back and I could see her talking to other employees, I believe about me, laughing etc. So, I waited for the manager and got tired waiting and decide to leave and I told other employee there, that I will make my complaint online, this other employee sarcastically said "oh yeah". Then I go to my car and told my husband what happened and he asked me to go inside and get the names of the employees. When I get back in the store, there were 4 employees behind the counter, including the two that were rude to me. The one that I had the issue told the others something, they looked at me and started laughing.

I told them they were very rude, one of them said "I can laugh whenever I want to". My husband entered the restaurant and that moment another employee comes out and said "How can I help you my name is Cindy, I'm the manager". We were explaining to her what happened, the employees were still laughing at us. I believe they don't have respect for the manager because she is from another race ** and the employees (all female) were Hispanic. I feel sorry for that manager, she is being bullied by the employees, and the employees bullied me. I don't recommend for anybody to go to this restaurant in Buford, GA. And if one of the owners read this PLEASE FIRED THOSE EMPLOYEES, THEY ARE RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL AND THEY ARE BULLIES.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Issues with Chipotle Grill?? - Call Sam at **. He's a live person! Not an Interactive Voice Recognition system. January 1, 2018 – I was working at a nearby hotel and was ready to eat. I had a craving for Chipotle and proceeded to place an order online. I ordered my bowl and scheduled it for pick up at 6pm. It had already snowed (in Texas) so you know it was very cold! I walk three blocks to pick up my bowl, but found the location at 801 Congress was closed. I checked my phone to make sure I didn't place my order at the wrong location. I was right. I was standing at the correct location. Needless to say, by the time I'd returned to the hotel, I'd already burned up the majority of my lunch and had no other option.

The following day, I called the store to inquire about my transaction. “One of the managers” ** had no regard for the issue and offered my bowl. She didn't apologize for not being open on New Year's Day. She didn't offer to credit back the transaction. I perceived NO EMPATHY from her. I insisted I wanted my money back. She insisted she cannot do this. She offered no alternative other than to provide my bowl. She was rude and had no business as a store representative... or am I wrong???

I searched everywhere to find a customer service phone number to contact Chipotle to file a complaint on ** and to get my money back (which at this point isn't the main issue). The numbers I found would be to an automated service. I finally called again yesterday (1-4-18) and contacted “employee relations.” The lady insisted she couldn't help me either and that I needed to contact customer service via the “contact us” link on the website. “Email them your complaint and they will be in contact with you shortly.” There were words exchanged because at this point, I'm furious! I am the customer! My issue comes first! I do not have time to wait for somebody to call me on their time!

Finally, after the call was escalated, Sam called me. If you have an issue with Chipotle, call him at **. After telling him my issue, he apologized and explained Chipotle is a web-based customer service system. I'm sorry, a web-based customer service system? What the hell is this world coming to? Chipotle is hiding behind a system that is expecting its customers to fold!? Sam created excuses for the store saying they must've forgotten to turn their internet order system off. No, sir! That system is flawed as well! You allowed us to pay for a product that was not delivered! You ACCEPTED payment for a product that was not delivered! Then you allowed your store management to “blow it off” and not initiate an apology or reach out to their guests with options.

Instead, you've trained your crap generation managers to not worry about it thinking we'll forget about it. Then you allow those crap managers to pass the buck “you have to call customer service to get your money back” and not provide a phone number. Instead, you hid behind a web-based customer service system. Are you serious? How are you idiots still functioning? If I ever said anything as ridiculous as what ** or Sam stated as piss-poor excuses, I'd be fired!!! Walmart and McDonalds have a much better customer service system that this company does! Qdoba has better management!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I found a live bug in my burrito bowl while eating at the West Dundee location in Illinois. It was some sort of beetle with spots on it. An employee asked if I wanted another bowl (which obviously I don't since my appetite disappeared after I nearly ate a live bug). Instead, the manager came and took down my name and info & offered me a full refund. With my previous experience of getting sick from Chipotle and now finding a bug in my food, I most likely will not return.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Chipotle needs to refine their menus to include vegetarians since the whole world is not carnivorous. I ordered a black bean brown rice burrito and the rice was barely cooked. I hope the cooks are aware that brown rice needs a little more time than white rice to cook properly. The tortilla was tough and not palatable at all. Chipotle, in my opinion, is overrated and overpriced. I have eaten at other Mexican restaurants that are 100% better than the food served at Chipotle, and I will NOT be returning for more of their tasteless burritos.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Just after a few minutes of eating my Chipotle burrito (both beans, sofritas, corn, guacamole, and lettuce) - what I usually order, I experienced stomach pain. I just thought I may have eaten it too fast, so I didn't really think of it much. Later, I was a bit gassy, but slept it off. My stomach hurt the next morning, but otherwise I felt ok enough to eat breakfast and hit the gym.

It wasn't until I took like 2 bites out of my home-cooked meal that I felt nauseous and had stomach pain again. I knew this wasn't because of my prepared meals at home because they're always fresh and clean, and I never had any problems. I felt an extreme urge to go to the bathroom, and I'm sitting here, with my stomach still in pain. Online, I found other similar experiences of people after eating Chipotle. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my symptoms aren't as bad): I just know I'm never going back there again. This was after eating from the Chipotle in Forest Hills, NY, on Austin Street.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Just good 'plain' ingredients that make up some delicious meals. Not a lot of added chemicals or preservatives or fillers to get in the way of what should be simple FOOD.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I visited Chipotle grill locations in Florida, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania… Without exception, the dining area of each location I've visited was filthy. From dried on and smeared beans stuck to the table, to lettuce and cheese on the seats, not to mention bits of food at the bottom of the plastic utensil containers... Each location displayed the very same issues.

I've heard from various health inspectors over the years, that a great way to judge the cleanliness behind the counter, is the way the restaurant is kept in front of the counter. Based on the way the seating area is kept, and the documented nationwide E. Coli and Noro-virus incidents, it's very fair to say that Chipotle Grill has a SERIOUS systemic food care/prep issue.

The smart decision to make is to stay away from all chipotle grill locations. Yes, if the food was handled and taken care of properly it would be a much healthier alternative to other fast food brands. But the truth is, as a biology major, I can confidently say that E. coli and the Noro-Virus are the least of your worries. Improperly cooked pork is notoriously responsible for harboring parasites such as tapeworms, and contaminated lettuce is known to be a great home for Listeria.

Lastly, I think the way Chipotle Grill's corporate administrators dealt with the various outbreaks is very telling. For there still to be systemic hygiene issues even after almost 2 years of sporadic outbreaks… It says that they have no idea how to contain the issue, and to enforce proper food safety/handling standards among their various location/franchise owners.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I feel as though I can find healthy food choices at Chipotle and that the restaurant does its best to be environmentally and socially responsible. I know they have had recent trouble with food-poisoning, so that does cause me some worry. I fear that is more likely when food is sourced locally from many different venues.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I think many 1 stars reviews (more than rating 5) are here just because when everything is great, people don't bother themselves writing reviews. Reading it, you see that it's particular place who didn't cook properly or didn't offer it properly or had dirty place. But if to think about experience in general, it's the best fast food, by quality and taste. I love bowl, my son likes burritos - both are huge and one portion is enough to make even a big man not hungry. We buy it in Mississauga, Canada, always well cooked, I like the choice and mainly - the policy of the company with requirements to the products.

Why usually I stay away from any fast food - because of unhealthy food there in general. Dirty and badly cooked - is a local problem, do people complain in "reviews"... I'd like to see reviews in general when I look for them. In Chipotle we have healthy food (by policy), normally freshly cooked and you can choose what exactly you put inside. The price near $10 or so gives you a big portion, tasty meal. I wish I'd see this kitchen everywhere in Canada like McDonald's, Tim Hortons and Subway.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I ate at Chipotle in Champaign IL on Sunday 7/16/17 sometime around 8:00 pm. Monday evening I had some stomach cramping. Tuesday at noon I was vomiting and had such severe pain I thought I was having an appendix attack. I had to go to the Emergency room. I had to have CT's. Nothing is wrong with appendix. White blood cells are high. Doctor says Norovirus and now I will have a huge hospital bill.

Original review: June 23, 2017

No wonder Chipotle has so much health issues and recent problems that has made lot of people sick to the point that they have filed lawsuits against these franchise. Today was the first visit and for sure the last time visiting this place again. The one on 13780 NE 175th St Ste 104, Woodinville, WA 98072. So I walked into this place and started ordering my food, one of the girls behind the counter (** one), when she was asking me if I want Pinto or Black Beans put her finger in the Pinto beans and actually touched the beans.

I saw that and told her that I saw her finger touching the food and she needs to change that pot of beans before I can order my food, her reaction, in a very rude way, was: "So what! DO YOU WANT IT OR NOT!" I said "NO Thanks, I changed my mind", and walked towards the door, on my way out, I looked back at her, to see her name badge, she smirks at me and flips her middle finger!!! I agree with all other reviews about this place not only is such a unhygienic and dirty fast food place, but also such a low class and below standard, with such rude employees! Stay away from this place!

Original review: June 21, 2017

For the LAST time went to Chipotle for a grilled chicken salad. No beans, no onions, no peppers, just lettuce & chicken w/ salsa. The server puts about a half of a scoop of gristly, over-done chicken on the lettuce, charges me for a "kid chip" which should come with a salad... You know, like crackers?? My total is over $10. NEVER AGAIN. Qdoba from now on!!

Original review: June 20, 2017

So I went into the Chipotle near my house in Elk Grove, California. I usually go there once a month. I ordered a steak burrito like always. I had a special request this time though. I asked the worker if she could cut my burrito in half. While she was doing it she had kind of an attitude like I put her out but I figured, "Oh well I'm paying for this expensive burrito the least they can do is accommodate my request" which wasn't too hard at all but she made it seem like it was. Reason for that was I had planning to eat half now and then after had got to work I was going to eat it later on. I work nights in Lake Tahoe so I figured it'd be nice to have that for lunch which I usually take around 12 midnight. But before I could eat my burrito for my lunch break I started to feel a little queasy. The next thing I knew I was running for the side of the road and hiding my head behind a fence because I had started to throw up.

Let me be clear I work construction so my lunch break in my meals are very important. With that being said I was unable to complete my shift without taking multiple breaks to go relieve myself in the bathroom and where I couldn't go to the bathroom I would find a place in the side of the road and have to do my business there. So I got off at 6 a.m. and drove back to my hotel. Driving back was a very horrible experience. The roads up here are winding and not to mention having to drive them while you're not feeling too well is not something that you would want to do everyday. Unfortunately I spent the next 8 hours with my face in the toilet and everytime I try to drink water to replenish what I had lost I was confined to the toilet.

I will never be going back to Chipotle again and I will be telling everybody I know about my experience. I am currently at work right now because there is no way that I could miss a shift and unfortunately this is not the first instance where I've heard that Chipotle has caused people distress from not taking care of their food items whether it be the temperature or the quality of their food. With that being said they've lost a loyal customer and probably more than that.

Chipotle Company Information