3.8/5 (253 ratings)

About Chipotle

Chipotle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: March 13, 2022

Me and my dad went to Chipotle after there was nothing to eat in our house and we couldn’t find anything else. I decided to go with my normal meal - a chicken burrito. Everything was fine until the wrapping of the burrito came along and I could tell it looked like it would fall apart but I left it alone. I get home hungry and ready to enjoy the burrito and I can’t even get it out the foil before it fell apart. With the amount of money my dad paid for that meal there is no reason why the burrito should’ve fell apart. The food tasted good and once I got the burrito under control it was very enjoyable but it was too expensive for me to have to rewrap the burrito myself. Unacceptable.

Original review: March 8, 2022

What is going on with Chipotle?? I ordered 2 bowls, on the app, on Feb 14, 2022. One bowl was right the other wasn’t anywhere near. When I called the Hermitage, Pennsylvania store to tell them They said “no problem”. They told me that they would write it in the book and anytime I wanted I could come and get it. Today, March 8, 2022, I stopped to get the bowl. When I got to the register the girl, who turned out to be the manager, said “it’s not in the book”. I told her then we have a problem. She told me that she had to see a “bank statement”. I said that I ordered it on the app. When I opened the app it wanted updated. So, I updated it and couldn’t find my orders. When I asked her if she could help me locate them she said “we don’t work with apps”. So, I said fine that I would stand there and find it myself.

She also stated that she didn’t say that “I was lying”. After some minutes I found my orders, but by now she had disappeared to the back. When she came back from her phone call, she must have called someone about me. She finally came back, I showed her my app order, which she barely glanced at and decided to allow me to take my food. She never said she was sorry for her rudeness or said thanks when I was leaving. We have been a customer of that restaurant for many years and I am saddened by the treatment. I had to notice that she was all smiles for the tall young men ahead of me.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I purposely waited 12 hours prior to posting this to "gain perspective". So I'll merely lay out the facts. I ordered a Steak Burrito online from Chipotle through their "Guac Zone" app. (Note: this does not get you free Quac immediately). Ordered at 5:34 P.M. and arrived for the order at 5:46 P.M. It was not ready and the front line knew nothing about it. After checking the back kitchen the counterperson emerged from the back kitchen with my bag. At this point I had decided to eat-in restaurant and opened my bag. The Steak Burrito was cold. I don't mean a "lack of heat", it was cold. I presented the cold burrito to the counterperson thinking they would surely remake it on the spot. That would have been "pride in the product" and "concern for the customer". No such luck, as the three counterpersons stood there with blank looks claiming there was nothing they could do.

At this point I sat down and resigned myself to eating a Cold Steak Burrito. As I was taking my second bite, visions of Chipotle's E. coli outbreaks of 2015 appeared in my head and bested my hunger. So I plopped the Burrito on the front counter and left. Complain you say? Ah yes, the "comment & contact line" in the "Guac App" is "inhabited" by an A.I. or robot. The "inhabitant" even acknowledged it was a "robot". Seizing on some keywords the AI/Robot issued an immediate credit to my Google Pay Account (actually wait 5 to 10 days). No apology, merely a comment about "missing the mark". The automatic refund facility here had me chuckling to myself about how a dishonest person might abuse the system.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Overall, Chipotle provides consumers with high-quality food and adequate service. The facilities are particularly clean, especially for a semi-fast food venue, and the food comes at a decent price. Overall, Chipotle provides a good dining experience.

Rubric:

Quality of Food 36 /40 (-4)
Staff Friendliness 16 /20 (-4)
Safety and Cleanliness 22 /25 (-3)
Price 14 /15 (-1)

Score: 88

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

ISSUE with BRAINTREE, MA (South Shore Plaze) Chipotle -- Once again, I tried to give Chipotle another chance and order lunch from them.. Order was messed up.. Guac was all over my salad after I asked for 'NO GUAC' - FOOD ALLERGY... However, my biggest problem with this company is that I cannot get in contact with the Store or the Executive Offices.. The only person picking up a phone in the ENTIRE COMPANY is Catering (Looking for more money and was to mess up orders).. Well NO THANK YOU.. I am done with Chipotle... I cannot begin to do business with a Company that cannot answer their phones, especially when they mess up an order.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I’d like to thank Chipotle Mexican Grill at their Maxtown location for yet another botched order. Not sure how a company can charge me $35 for 2 bowls, 2 bags of chips and a side of quac, and I get 1 bowl, 1 wrap (that says bowl), and no chips. I can’t blame the DoorDash folks since they are the couriers, but I’m consistently having problems with this Chipotle location. For the money, it’s no longer worth ordering from this restaurant for it to come to me wrong.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Food is healthy and taste okay in Chipotle here in Fargo. I like to eat their food and a regular customer there. However, now they give very little meat (that it is hard to find meat in the meal) and other side dishes than usual, which is frustrating as I am giving them preference over other and paying for this. As it is happening frequently now, I am going to think twice before choosing their food again and try my best to avoid them. I pray that this restaurant gets ripped-off, the same way they are ripping off others.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

Front line worker was very disrespectful to my gf, and was relatively rude and shrugged off what she said. Was misgendered and was not very helpful, and a second experience, was not given enough toppings and was very annoyed with us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

On 10/18/2021, I ordered a steak burrito/extra steak for my daughter. As she started to eat her burrito she noticed that the steak was pink. The meal was a waste. I spent over 17.00 dollars for this meal. My money does not grow on trees. I left a customer review on their website but still have not heard back from them. I will not be going back.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I went to this restaurant and was appalled at the dirtiness, plus they were out of lettuce, containers for food, no ice, no iced tea. The personnel seemed nonchalant about everything. Will not go ever again! Stay away!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I was excited about trying the new Brisket Bowl. I was deeply disappointed. The Brisket was more like a seasoning because is most definitely meant to be a protein. Not once did I actually come across an actual piece of meat, just the top scraping I guess was supposed to represent the burnt ends portion of the brisket. The really sad part is that they had never to charge at least a dollar more than the other dishes.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

We walked into the Fountain City Chipotle to order food after 6 o’clock to say that it was digital only. Walked outside, order the food, walked back in at seven when the food said it would be ready - the manager refused to make her food and refused to give her a refund stating that they had to close at 5 PM which was not true because the door was unlocked when we walked in.

Multiple people went in and got their food before us and then 25 to 30 people after us were met at the door with paid orders and she refused to give refunds. That is theft and only after we talk to a police officer did we see a message that we were going to get a refund receipt. She said we had to contact corporate which would respond which they did not. This is absolutely ridiculous and this management should not ever be in place at Chipotle. She needs to be removed and there is no excuse for the door to be closed at seven much less five on a Sunday when they’re supposed to be open.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

To be as expensive as our food was, it should have been better. Just not good at all. I hate to say it, but Taco Bell is worlds tastier. The beans, meat and other ingredients are flavorless, the chips are hard, the meat is full of gristles and bone chips. It was ridiculously expensive. Not going back there.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I went to Chipotle hoping for a good burrito bowl and I got everything I want on it and I asked for normal salsa and the dude gave me a hot sauce stuff that was super hot and my mouth was on fire for the next 30 minutes. I couldn’t eat my bowl and had to throw it away because every bite was hotter and Chipotle's prices are way way way out of the league of what they should be in the end. I have never had a good experience with Chipotle.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Ordered thru DoorDash so no subs or changes. Checked online for nutrition - Good Luck! Impossible to get nutrish info. Their app requires you to ID everything that went into the taco. Who knows what they do as a standard process. I know what I ordered. And, if there are no changes, there should be nutrish info published, not something I have to figure out!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Chipotle in Lauderhill (store number 5435) is becoming like all the rest of the low level fast food restaurants. I don't order from them often, but when I do, to keep from standing inside in a line I do what is considered the smart thing and order online. Like clockwork, no matter how many times I do or how far and in between I do they NEVER have my food ready in a timely manner. I end up having to either cancel the order or stand there and wait as if I never did a thing online. What exactly then is the point?

Then on top of it, these rude, careless, lackluster employees that Chipotle keeps hiring, apparently just to save a buck, seems to add icing to the dry, tasteless cake. They move like sloths and if you don't address them, they will let you stand there like a fool instead of doing their job and trying to find out what is going on and how to rectify it. Finally to add insult to injury, they NEVER have all of the items you request. So to be clear, online is a waste of time, they don't have valid inventory, AND the workers are rude and albeit pointless in their given positions. My opinion save your money and learn to cook. Chipotle needs to do and be better!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I bought veggie bowl from Schaumburg IL location. They charged chicken bowl and put some wrong extra charged. I came home, saw bill and called manager Ariel. He did not give me refund and did very bad behavior. I recommend not to go Schaumburg location.

Original review: July 10, 2021

Hi. I have been going to the Chipotle on University for many years. Today, one of the employees, working on the side options was not happy to see me for some reason. I told her I wanted lettuce, guac, etc and she spoke under her breathe and laughed at me. I also paid for chips and never got any.

Original review: July 3, 2021

The amount of food that they are giving is crazy. They almost count the chicken pieces and everything that they put in the bowl is extremely low, the prices are ridiculous. Before that I use to buy food there they I almost giving the money to them for free. I understand if they charge more for the normal amount, but pay more for less food is not right. Weren't so cheap but now.

Original review: May 17, 2021

Yes food was good, but not at the cost. Only online ordering, really? Why? Do not understand their approach. If I were to explore this business again it would be on MY terms. Their marketing has no place in our age and time. Be

Original review: May 8, 2021

I just wanted my favorite thing to get from there, which is a quesadilla. Apparently, I cannot get it delivered to my house. I'm not always able to go in-stores to pick up my things or order, so this was highly inconvenient for me. I don't know why I can't just get my quesadilla delivered if it could be picked up in-store. Very stupid in my opinion.

Original review: May 6, 2021

To say I was disappointed with Chipotle is an understatement. My family and I were horrified at the portion size I received. I have been ripped off before with the portion size that comes with online orders but the portion size from your joint is a new low. Including the fluffiness of whatever little lettuce I had, it came up to almost half the bowl and for $10?!

I could hardly find any of the chicken I ordered, there was probably 3 teaspoonful of the cauliflower rice and the rest was fajita, lettuce, corn and tomato salsa. When I first picked up the covered bowl from the bag, I thought there must have been a mistake and that somehow I had by accident clicked on a new midget size meal. So, I had to cut up my own lettuce to add to the meagre meal I was going to have. If I had roasted chicken in my fridge I would have thrown that into my midget bowl but then, if I did have my own roasted chicken why would I wait an hour to throw my money away? Ordered online, told me to come at 8.15pm and they handed me the bag at 9.20pm. So, never again unless I feel like re-enacting concentration camp dining experiences.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Today when we ordered food from Chipotle, we got raw and uncooked rice in the burrito bowl. This is not the first time that we have been experiencing this problem this year and past year and today we reached our breaking point. Earlier when we experienced this situation, we thought it might be a one off situation but today's was the limit of serving uncooked rice. We have been a consistent consumer of Chipotle because our daughter loves the burrito bowl from Chipotle but because of these repeated bad experiences, I believe we are going to stop ordering food from Chipotle.

I am so disappointed with this experience now as I think they have lost their ability to take care of their food quality. I called back the restaurant now and have send the food back with my husband to return it back to them. But, I would like to make other people aware that there is a chance that someday one of you might experience this same issue. For reference purpose I am giving the details of the site from where we ordered our food today. Location Evendale - 2552 Cunningham Rd Ste 2 Cincinnati, OH 45241

Original review: April 9, 2021

I placed an online order for pick up at 7:00pm at this location: 400 S State Rd, Springfield, PA 19064. One person is working when I get there and wait for 10 minutes, no customers in the store. 3 online order customers came in and left with theirs. 15 minutes pass, now there's a line. FOUR people come trickling out of the back. Still no order. 2 minutes later, the only person working mumbles something and hands me a bag of food THAT ISN'T EVEN MINE. Obviously angry, "this isn't my ** food, it's been 15 minutes. Where is it? 1 person is working, 4 sitting in the back? What's going on?"

The GENERAL MANAGER tells me that they are refusing service to me and will issue a refund. My boyfriend then calls EIGHT TIMES to speak with a manager and they ignored 6 of them and placed him on hold 2 times until he hung up. He then proceeded to DRIVE to the location where the GENERAL MANAGER told him no order was placed. MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED 28 DOLLARS FROM THAT LOCATION?!?! I am demanding a full refund for the cowardly, rude overall experience I encountered tonight. I DIDN'T EVEN GET MY FOOD! I also want to see the termination of this so called GM. I will NEVER go back to this location, Chipotle company in general have clearly lost two regular customers especially if this giant issue is NOT resolved appropriately.

Original review: March 6, 2021

Been to Trinity parkway location in Stockton and had extremely salty chicken and beans as it was disgusting and made me feel horrible with upset stomach. I went to Lathrop, Ca location and fajitas were so salty I felt sick to my stomach and had dry heaves and very bad stomach ache for about 36 hours. Beware of these locations as it's not worth your health and/or getting sick. I am not going back ever again; I'm done with hoping they will get better as this is ridiculous and even crazy.

Original review: March 5, 2021

This location in Greensboro NC on Wendover is THE WORST location of any. The General Manager here is a rude moron and the service people in the line are equally rude and stupid, with a very few exceptions. This will be the third AND LAST time they mess up an order of mine. These people add things you do not want and leave things off that you ordered. They are so small on the portions compared to their other locations. It is ridiculous. They also charged us two up charges of $4.00 total for a rice substitution, they never advised us of. The food in addition, is constantly cold and old tasting. I have seen them drop serving spoons on the floor, pick them up and just wipe them off and then continue serving the food with that utensil. They also are constantly out of items during busy times and they are the most popular items so they should plan better to avoid this happening so often.

The General Manager, refused to provide me with the name of the District Manager and spoke to me very rudely and then hung up on me. I will never return and you should all avoid it as well. It is dirty, they used utensils that fell on the floor, the food temperatures are not properly maintained and the food sits too long in the pan becoming dried out. WE run a blog with over 35 thousand regular readers and they can be sure that this review will also be in the next blog. Hopefully some of those 35 thousand readers will each share this with a few of their friends, who will also share this etc etc. People are going out of business during this Pandemic and customers are getting harder to come by as well. I will do all within my power to divert any potential customers from this location. The Chipotle Corp office hides their phone number from the public so no voice calls can make it to them. This place is just bad news!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Ordered online and 20 minutes later the wrong order (to an L **) was delivered. By the time I got to the door the DoorDash guy was gone. Called the store and was told they had no control over delivery. Went to the store to get correct order and asked for a refund of delivery fee and tip. Told not possible. Ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Sad that such a popular fast food restaurant is so mismanaged at this location. Service is BAD, online orders are WRONG, and no condiments whatsoever are available. This location is bringing down its team!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

So first I ordered 2 burrito bowls. When I get home I got one burrito bowl and an actual damn burrito. The order is wrong to begin with. The pickup order system sucks as they put the sack with your order on a shelf with a few initials for your last name. Unless you have an account you're not good enough to anything printed except "USER". Better hope you get the right damn sack.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My order was supposed to take 30 minutes for delivery and it took almost 2 hours (not acceptable). I called the restaurant at least 15 times but nobody answered (not acceptable). The order received was incorrect. Both meals were cold. Restaurant never apologized. Worst experience I have ever had at any Chipotle. (Restaurant Location: 13612 SW 88th St, Miami, FL 33186)

Chipotle Company Information