3.53/5

266 Chipotle Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2019

Sadly I have had more than one issue with Chipotle. First issue was ordering a large order in advance for pick up. 3 hours in advance. When I arrived, Not only was it not ready, but they had me wait another 30 minutes while they got it ready, defeating the whole purpose of ordering in advance. 2nd issue is.. I do not recommend getting Chipotle through a delivery service. I did this twice, and both times ordered a burrito bowl, and got nothing but a $8 bowl full of rice, If you are not there to watch them make it, they will screw you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

So on 5/14/19 we ordered some Chipotle in advance for my sister's birthday party. When my mom went into the place they said that they couldn't see the order in the system which was weird because we clearly called the place on the official number. We were upset and mad because we ordered like 3 hours in advance. My mom said they would make it on the spot, but she simply didn't have the time to wait another hour or so to wait for her food. So then we had to make our self food which pushed the party, we were gonna eat at 5 pm but we ended up eating around 7 pm.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I used to go to Chipotle on my lunch break at least two or three times per week, the one at 51 Boston Wharf Rd in Boston MA. I order ahead, and on the site you're allowed to specify a pick up time. I went to the pick up time, and stood in a mob of others, about half of which called in ahead, and the rest just walking in. Guess who got served first?

Those who haven't yet given any money to chipotle. I stood there waiting for 25 minutes for food I had ordered in advance, and watched a swarm of walk-ins get served before me (As well as other people who called ahead). So everyone who walked in got served, everyone who called ahead ended up being about 20-30 minutes late for going back to work. Sometimes stuff just happens, and maybe the manager was new, or understaffed or something. I told her I was upset and disappointed with my experience, and asked for a refund. She looked me in the eye, and walked away doing busy work. Came back a minute later, and asked what I wanted. I told her a refund, and reiterated what happened. She again went off and threw herself into busy work, effectively closing the door on me.

That experience was super lame, and I'll never go to that spot again. But the reason I'll never patronize ANY Chipotle was how corporate responded, when I emailed them what happened. I described the experience, again said I want a refund, and they instead of addressing my concern or request, asked for identifying personal information unrelated to this. They asked me for my mailing address, phone number, and other info irrelevant to everything except marketing and data mining. It's been over a year now and still no refund. The food really wasn't bad, and it's a shame the manager at that spot was so terrible, and that the corporate follow up was even worse. I will never go there again.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I haven’t eaten at Chipotle for about 5 years...until today, and then I remembered why. I ordered a burrito at the Concord CA location. The worst burrito ever! The rice was uncooked (they didn’t use enough water). The tortilla’s edges were hard (stale), the pinto beans were flavorless, and the carnitas was bland. When it was being put together, the server didn’t bother draining the meat or the beans making it very soggy. I took one bite and it literally fell apart on my plate. I will NEVER eat at Chipotle ever again!!!

Original review: April 28, 2019

You tell them what you want on your bowl and how much of it, they completely ignore you!!! They give you very little rice and meat, and slop on all other items. Even if you say light or a little, they just slap it on as if they do not hear you, and as if you aren't the one paying for what you're ordering.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: April 27, 2019

First off: the store was out of everything. My girlfriend went to the gym next door and thought enough to get us dinner late at night. Not only was the place OUT OF EVERYTHING, she brought a simple chicken burrito home for me. I literally ate less than a third and 30 minutes later I’m still on the couch with my tongue hanging out because it was so ** hot. Like, seriously, so ** hot and so great for my stomach before a day for 4-5 hours of training tomorrow. I haven’t had Chipotle in almost a year because every store around here is such crap. I take a chance on a Friday night and this is what I get. It’s like the store closes at 7 pm and dishes out the leftovers until they close. No one cares about anything. This isn’t a store problem. I own several companies. This is systemic. This is leadership. Chipotle sucks.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I made the order via the Chipotle app. I got a computer message saying my order would ready by 1:45 pm. I got to the store by 1:50 pm and the order still was not ready and I had to wait an extra ten min. The people online got their food before I did. They also gave the incorrect order. Horrible.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Dumpster fire. Prior to entering the line to order my food, I stood in the bathroom looking eye level at what could only be the biggest booger, I've ever seen attached to a wall. Like the stem from a grape and looking still damp, this toenail clipping sized nose cracker stared at me ominously. The feeling of foreboding that was creeping up inside me should have been enough to get me to leave... before it got worse. But I didn't.

This particular Chipotle has, since we arrived in Charlotte a year and a half ago, been a bit of a gamble. Most times it was terrible, but because the family is addicted to the most delicious pseudo-burritos in the free world, we just keep hoping for the best. The last three visits have been punctuated by a variety of problems: three soft tacos that appeared to have been put together by a drunk 4th grader with a slingshot...

So destroyed that we simply refused to take them, a melee of epic proportions while simply trying to get the burrito chef to understand that dragging my poor tortilla through the murk of the previous 146 customer's sour cream and guac over-spray just wasn't acceptable, the feigned ignorance when my entire family's order was taken, rang up and paid for while I stood at the tortilla smasher waiting for the single employee who was now putting together a "to go" order for what could have only been the UNC Powerlifting Team to simply ask me what I wanted; but, then tonight happened.

It started like it usually does, the place was a mess. The two trash cans by the entry door were overflowing with the goodness that only half eaten burritos and hours of waiting could bring. The floor littered with random Chipotle offerings: napkins, forks, paper, red baskets. As I made my way to the bathroom to "clean up" prior to embarking on this journey, I noted that the food assembly area was exactly as I remembered it, caked with everyone else's great burritos. Entering the bathroom, I began washing my hands when the booger greeted me merrily. "Good evening" it seemed to say. "Enjoy your meal!" I waived to the booger as I left, not knowing that this was the last "good" moment in my visit.

Because I'm the father of two girls, I order last. Otherwise, I'd be done eating and everyone else would still be in line. Tonight we only had one of the girls and I actually consciously considered the fact that we had unintentionally reduced our odds of having a food disaster by 25%. I raised an eyebrow in anticipation and tossed myself into the ordering ritual. It's ALWAYS the same. Chicken burrito, white rice, no beans, hot salsa on the side, lettuce and extra cheese (you have to say it that way or you WILL end up with EXTRA cheese and EXTRA lettuce).

The nice young lady who apparently has lost all the feeling in her fingers attempted to muscle my burrito into some kind of UFC level submission. Her hands smashing and mashing like her paycheck was calculated by how much tortilla overlap she could create. I had noticed prior to this moment that my burrito seemed smaller than I remember. It seemed as if the assembly process had somehow reduced not only the size of all of the utensils used to scoop the good stuff in, but also the size (or at least the willingness) of her hands to add a sufficient amount of product to create the familiar size and shape of the burrito we all love.

Once she had finished, she placed the burrito into the red basket atop the paper and handed it over. I stopped and stared. It was unusually small. We then began our discussion: Me: "I think this burrito looks a little small." Emp at the Counter (not the burrito creator): "Yes, yes it does look small." Me: "Like it's off the kids' menu." Emp at the Counter: "Yeah it's small." Creator Emp: "Maybe it's because there's not much in it?" Me: "You think?" Creator Emp: "Yeah, you didn't get a lot of stuff in it." Me: "You're aware this is roughly the 2,369th time I've ordered this exact burrito?" Creator Emp: "No. Yeaaahhhhh". Emp at the Counter: "Would you like a side of rice... Would that help?" Me: "A side? Of rice? No, no... That would only make it worse." Emp at the Counter: "Okay."

So, in the face of confusion... I walked away. As I sat down at the dirty table looking across at the trash climbing merrily out of the small silver hole that it should be living in, I thought "this really is a horrible place." Thankfully, my beautiful and much smarter wife took the burrito from my hands and returned to the scene. The burrito was "re-made"... ish. I mean remade as much as Han could have remade the Tauntaun that he carved open for Luke could have been "re-made". Again, thankfully my hyper-intelligent wife was able to remove it from its hastily wrapped aluminum foil and re-fold the entire mess into a remarkably presentable food item. I considered telling the poor kid attempting to clean up about Ted the booger, but decided to simply pen this albatross of a review. What a dumpster fire this restaurant is.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Chipotle claims to use all organic ingredients, however every time I eat Chipotle I get a stomach ache that lasts for TWO DAYS!! I eat organic and am vegan, I order a veggie bowl with fajitas and guac, no dairy or meat products. But I still always get the **.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had the horrible experience of finding a fly in my food. The staff was rude and made it clear that quality customer service is not important to them. I'm done. I will not buy food from there ever again. They are just downright awful.

Chipotle Company Information