2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Chipotle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chipotle?

Original review: July 10, 2019

I placed a catering order with Chipotle catering, outside the 24 hour time frame. I received a confirmation email saying my catering order would be delivered at 12:00 on July 3. The day of July 3rd, I received a phone call from the New York Chipotle store at 11:15 stating they had to cancel my order as they had not received it until now. Being that it was only 45 min until my business lunch, and I received a confirmation email, I was a little upset. I asked if she could still prepare the food, and I would come and pick it up. The store said they did not have enough food and could not offer me anything, the order had to be cancelled. Later that afternoon, after I scrambled to get lunch for a very important office, I called customer Customer Service and stated that I had been charged for the lunch. Customer Service said I would hear from them within 24 business hours. Being that it was a Holiday weekend, I waited to call back.

As of today, July 10th, I had still not heard from anyone at Chipotle. I called customer once again. There was no record of my complaint with Customer Service, and I have yet to receive my refund. I understand that things happen, but the way both the store and Customer Service handled this situation is beyond unprofessional. There were no solutions, apologies, or how can they fix their mistake offered. Being in an industry where I use catering daily, I will definitely take my business elsewhere. Highly disappointed in the way this situation has been handled.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Really bad experience. Never go back there. Food was nasty and messy. I could not eat my burrito right because they just threw everything together and burrito would not close. When adding more things to the burrito the worker made faces.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I visited the Mentor Avenue location in Mentor, Ohio. The front line staff was very rude and unprofessional. The food was also salty. The cashier Ashley put the icing on the cake. She never made eye contact and handed me my card back as if it was gross. She didn't offer to hand me my receipt and when I said thank you twice (second time louder). Ashley never responded as if I wasn't standing there. It's funny how companies want sell cultured food but don't respect the culture. With this ** on the line, it will for sure hurt the business. I tried to give a one star rating but I had to choose 1. :(

Original review: June 7, 2019

On 06/06 at 9:30 I walked into Chipotle and ordered 2 chicken bowls. One's with extra meat along with a juice, 3 bags of chips and guacamole. Once at checkout the total came to around $28.00. When I was at checkout I asked do they have more chips. There was only one bag up front. She was very rude and said, "Yes we always have chips. Do you want the order." I then stated yes. I needed 3 bags of chips. She went in the back and came back with 3 bags of chips.

Once I got home I immediately noticed the chips were completely stale. I then taste chips from the other 2 bags and those were stale as well. I immediately called the store and spoke to AMBER which was the rude lady at checkout. I advised the chips were stale. I asked if I can come get fresh bags. She stated they were closed. I told her, "I eat my chips with the bowl. If I don't have chips we cannot eat the bowls." It was for me and my 10 yr old son. She then stated I can come up there for a full refund. I told her, "I left the receipt on the counter. It should still be there." She stated, "No worries. What is your name and number? I will leave a message for a refund on the bowl and chips only" since they were closed and I could not go back 20 min drive and get fresh chips. She stated, "Come in the morning. They will issue a refund."

When I got there the manager was extremely rude. Her Name is Gloria **. She offered me a $1.50 refund on a $28.00 order. I was extremely embarrassed at this point. I explained to her not only have I wasted 40 min in gas I was not able to eat the bowls without the chips! She then kept stating it was fraud with no receipt. When she had clearly told me she was able to pull the cameras and saw me in the store and my receipt on the counter.

I come here normally on my lunch as I work close by. I will tell all my coworkers never to visit this place not only are they rude they are serving stale food!!! Now not only have I wasted 40 min in gas I was not able to eat the bowls. I'm confused on how she stated it was fraud and she seen me on the cameras! This was embarrassing at the least. Customer service is not hard. You treat people with respect! I will be posting this on my FB, my Twitter and the BBB website. She acted like because I'm a ** female I'm fraud. I have you know I make 80K a year!!! With a very prestigious job!

I'm outraged of the disrespect and lies I was told. Furthermore to say it's fraud is completely unnecessary. Not only did she see me on camera I have phone records I called the store around 10 pm and spoke to AMBER. So how is this fraud? I'm very disappointing in the store as I love Chipotle. I spend a lot of money on every visit I come. She judged me by my skin color! When in reality I can buy that store with my stocks!!!

I did not expect this coming from Chipotle as I was disrespected, embarrassed and judged off the color of my skin. Because I'm ** and spent $28 it must be fraud? Then she stated because of the large amount she was not issuing a refund! So I drove 20 min there and back 2X, Got bowls I could not eat with 3 bags of chips I could not eat and she offered me $1.50. This is a slap in the face!!! You have not heard the last of me as I plan to take this discrimination serious and will be heard!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Me and my boyfriend got Chipotle last night because we sat in traffic that day and didn’t want to cook dinner. The customer service in the restaurant was very good and the workers were friendly and fast! I ordered a salad bowl w/ steak and veggies, my boyfriend order a rice bowl with chicken and steak. Immediately after eating I had to run to the bathroom and my stomach was in knots for the rest of the night! My boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night 3 times for the toilet! Not ok!!! We both got sick and now he tired for work in the morning bc he was up all night on the toilet!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Ordered online. When our bank statement came we were overcharged $24 on a $19 order. Customer service is a joke. Tried repeatedly to correct it. I gave up after round 5. The store the order came from said it was placed online. Deal with corporate!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Sadly I have had more than one issue with Chipotle. First issue was ordering a large order in advance for pick up. 3 hours in advance. When I arrived, Not only was it not ready, but they had me wait another 30 minutes while they got it ready, defeating the whole purpose of ordering in advance. 2nd issue is.. I do not recommend getting Chipotle through a delivery service. I did this twice, and both times ordered a burrito bowl, and got nothing but a $8 bowl full of rice, If you are not there to watch them make it, they will screw you.

Original review: May 14, 2019

So on 5/14/19 we ordered some Chipotle in advance for my sister's birthday party. When my mom went into the place they said that they couldn't see the order in the system which was weird because we clearly called the place on the official number. We were upset and mad because we ordered like 3 hours in advance. My mom said they would make it on the spot, but she simply didn't have the time to wait another hour or so to wait for her food. So then we had to make our self food which pushed the party, we were gonna eat at 5 pm but we ended up eating around 7 pm.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I used to go to Chipotle on my lunch break at least two or three times per week, the one at 51 Boston Wharf Rd in Boston MA. I order ahead, and on the site you're allowed to specify a pick up time. I went to the pick up time, and stood in a mob of others, about half of which called in ahead, and the rest just walking in. Guess who got served first?

Those who haven't yet given any money to chipotle. I stood there waiting for 25 minutes for food I had ordered in advance, and watched a swarm of walk-ins get served before me (As well as other people who called ahead). So everyone who walked in got served, everyone who called ahead ended up being about 20-30 minutes late for going back to work. Sometimes stuff just happens, and maybe the manager was new, or understaffed or something. I told her I was upset and disappointed with my experience, and asked for a refund. She looked me in the eye, and walked away doing busy work. Came back a minute later, and asked what I wanted. I told her a refund, and reiterated what happened. She again went off and threw herself into busy work, effectively closing the door on me.

That experience was super lame, and I'll never go to that spot again. But the reason I'll never patronize ANY Chipotle was how corporate responded, when I emailed them what happened. I described the experience, again said I want a refund, and they instead of addressing my concern or request, asked for identifying personal information unrelated to this. They asked me for my mailing address, phone number, and other info irrelevant to everything except marketing and data mining. It's been over a year now and still no refund. The food really wasn't bad, and it's a shame the manager at that spot was so terrible, and that the corporate follow up was even worse. I will never go there again.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I haven’t eaten at Chipotle for about 5 years...until today, and then I remembered why. I ordered a burrito at the Concord CA location. The worst burrito ever! The rice was uncooked (they didn’t use enough water). The tortilla’s edges were hard (stale), the pinto beans were flavorless, and the carnitas was bland. When it was being put together, the server didn’t bother draining the meat or the beans making it very soggy. I took one bite and it literally fell apart on my plate. I will NEVER eat at Chipotle ever again!!!

Original review: April 28, 2019

You tell them what you want on your bowl and how much of it, they completely ignore you!!! They give you very little rice and meat, and slop on all other items. Even if you say light or a little, they just slap it on as if they do not hear you, and as if you aren't the one paying for what you're ordering.

Original review: April 27, 2019

First off: the store was out of everything. My girlfriend went to the gym next door and thought enough to get us dinner late at night. Not only was the place OUT OF EVERYTHING, she brought a simple chicken burrito home for me. I literally ate less than a third and 30 minutes later I’m still on the couch with my tongue hanging out because it was so ** hot. Like, seriously, so ** hot and so great for my stomach before a day for 4-5 hours of training tomorrow. I haven’t had Chipotle in almost a year because every store around here is such crap. I take a chance on a Friday night and this is what I get. It’s like the store closes at 7 pm and dishes out the leftovers until they close. No one cares about anything. This isn’t a store problem. I own several companies. This is systemic. This is leadership. Chipotle sucks.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I made the order via the Chipotle app. I got a computer message saying my order would ready by 1:45 pm. I got to the store by 1:50 pm and the order still was not ready and I had to wait an extra ten min. The people online got their food before I did. They also gave the incorrect order. Horrible.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Dumpster fire. Prior to entering the line to order my food, I stood in the bathroom looking eye level at what could only be the biggest booger, I've ever seen attached to a wall. Like the stem from a grape and looking still damp, this toenail clipping sized nose cracker stared at me ominously. The feeling of foreboding that was creeping up inside me should have been enough to get me to leave... before it got worse. But I didn't.

This particular Chipotle has, since we arrived in Charlotte a year and a half ago, been a bit of a gamble. Most times it was terrible, but because the family is addicted to the most delicious pseudo-burritos in the free world, we just keep hoping for the best. The last three visits have been punctuated by a variety of problems: three soft tacos that appeared to have been put together by a drunk 4th grader with a slingshot...

So destroyed that we simply refused to take them, a melee of epic proportions while simply trying to get the burrito chef to understand that dragging my poor tortilla through the murk of the previous 146 customer's sour cream and guac over-spray just wasn't acceptable, the feigned ignorance when my entire family's order was taken, rang up and paid for while I stood at the tortilla smasher waiting for the single employee who was now putting together a "to go" order for what could have only been the UNC Powerlifting Team to simply ask me what I wanted; but, then tonight happened.

It started like it usually does, the place was a mess. The two trash cans by the entry door were overflowing with the goodness that only half eaten burritos and hours of waiting could bring. The floor littered with random Chipotle offerings: napkins, forks, paper, red baskets. As I made my way to the bathroom to "clean up" prior to embarking on this journey, I noted that the food assembly area was exactly as I remembered it, caked with everyone else's great burritos. Entering the bathroom, I began washing my hands when the booger greeted me merrily. "Good evening" it seemed to say. "Enjoy your meal!" I waived to the booger as I left, not knowing that this was the last "good" moment in my visit.

Because I'm the father of two girls, I order last. Otherwise, I'd be done eating and everyone else would still be in line. Tonight we only had one of the girls and I actually consciously considered the fact that we had unintentionally reduced our odds of having a food disaster by 25%. I raised an eyebrow in anticipation and tossed myself into the ordering ritual. It's ALWAYS the same. Chicken burrito, white rice, no beans, hot salsa on the side, lettuce and extra cheese (you have to say it that way or you WILL end up with EXTRA cheese and EXTRA lettuce).

The nice young lady who apparently has lost all the feeling in her fingers attempted to muscle my burrito into some kind of UFC level submission. Her hands smashing and mashing like her paycheck was calculated by how much tortilla overlap she could create. I had noticed prior to this moment that my burrito seemed smaller than I remember. It seemed as if the assembly process had somehow reduced not only the size of all of the utensils used to scoop the good stuff in, but also the size (or at least the willingness) of her hands to add a sufficient amount of product to create the familiar size and shape of the burrito we all love.

Once she had finished, she placed the burrito into the red basket atop the paper and handed it over. I stopped and stared. It was unusually small. We then began our discussion: Me: "I think this burrito looks a little small." Emp at the Counter (not the burrito creator): "Yes, yes it does look small." Me: "Like it's off the kids' menu." Emp at the Counter: "Yeah it's small." Creator Emp: "Maybe it's because there's not much in it?" Me: "You think?" Creator Emp: "Yeah, you didn't get a lot of stuff in it." Me: "You're aware this is roughly the 2,369th time I've ordered this exact burrito?" Creator Emp: "No. Yeaaahhhhh". Emp at the Counter: "Would you like a side of rice... Would that help?" Me: "A side? Of rice? No, no... That would only make it worse." Emp at the Counter: "Okay."

So, in the face of confusion... I walked away. As I sat down at the dirty table looking across at the trash climbing merrily out of the small silver hole that it should be living in, I thought "this really is a horrible place." Thankfully, my beautiful and much smarter wife took the burrito from my hands and returned to the scene. The burrito was "re-made"... ish. I mean remade as much as Han could have remade the Tauntaun that he carved open for Luke could have been "re-made". Again, thankfully my hyper-intelligent wife was able to remove it from its hastily wrapped aluminum foil and re-fold the entire mess into a remarkably presentable food item. I considered telling the poor kid attempting to clean up about Ted the booger, but decided to simply pen this albatross of a review. What a dumpster fire this restaurant is.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Chipotle claims to use all organic ingredients, however every time I eat Chipotle I get a stomach ache that lasts for TWO DAYS!! I eat organic and am vegan, I order a veggie bowl with fajitas and guac, no dairy or meat products. But I still always get the **.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had the horrible experience of finding a fly in my food. The staff was rude and made it clear that quality customer service is not important to them. I'm done. I will not buy food from there ever again. They are just downright awful.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

THE BEVERLY MASSACHUSETTS BRANCH OF CHIPOTLE IS COMPLETELY DISGUSTING AND A RIP OFF!!! I live in town and use to love Chipotle but Beverly has single handedly made me hate it. Disgusting is the nicest way to put it. The steak is all fat and terrible. Also you order a burrito or burrito bowl and it all rice or more or less all cilantro with a little bit of rice. If you want cheese or rice with it better off just doing it yourself. WILL NEVER GO BACK TO BEVERLY MASSACHUSETTS CHIPOTLE AGAIN. Tired of giving it another chance after this. I’m fed up and without a doubt DONE wasting my money eating garbage quality food.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My online Chipotle account was recently hacked and someone ordered food from two different states for delivery. I tried contacting customer support but they were closed. I had to cancel my debit card and we all know what a complete hassle and inconvenience that is. But I get it, things happen. So I then within the next few days tried to contact Chipotle over the phone unsuccessfully so eventually did via email saying someone would be in contact with me. No one has been. Chipotle is obviously completely uncaring about its customers. I love Chipotle but won't be a customer anymore and will be informing my friends. I'm extremely disappointed in them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

My online account was recently hacked and someone ordered the first time $37 worth of food and they picked it up from the store and didn't ask for any ID and it was under a different name! Then they placed another order under another name and ordered $17 worth of food and got it delivered. I canceled my credit card. Contacted Chipotle and they were so unempathetic about the situation. Didn't even offer my a gift card or a coupon or anything! Bad customer service!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

The point of online ordering and paying ahead for your order is to be able to walk in, pick up your order, and leave. Tried this 3 times in the past two months and each time they started making my order when I walked in the door. Not only did they not have my order ready at the designated time, but it takes forever for an employee to even ask who you are for your online order. There is no check in kiosk so you wait for them to figure out who you are and then wait for them to make your order. The people in the in store line had food before I did. Well three strikes and you are out. I won’t be doing this again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Placed online order, went to pick it up, store closed, power outage, completely understandable. Tried to call corporate customer service number to stop transaction, no number listed. Emailed, no response. Next day, called bank, CARD WAS CHARGED!! Called Blue Springs, MO store. Manager couldn’t have cared less, refused in-store refund, said to email. Emailed again, NO response!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I wish I could give this 0 stars, this is by far the worst delivery service I’ve ever used. We ordered our food at 2:50 from a Chipotle literally 3 blocks away, the delivery time was estimated at 3:15. When I checked the website after I ordered it had routed the driver to a completely different address 30+ blocks away. At 3:30 I called the driver and he said he was at the address but no Chipotle existed there, I then told him the correct address and he said he’d head there, cool.

By 4:00 I hadn’t heard anything back and tried to call customer service which informed me that the driver was on the way and they couldn’t cancel the order... 4:15 comes and the driver finally calls and says someone else already picked the order up and delivered it, where? I don’t know because we certainly never got our food. Chipotle’s delivery site is absolute trash and annoying that they do it through DoorDash which is never efficient and said their “system was having issues...” which really translates to we don’t know what’s going on. Horrible horrible experience and I will never order through Chipotle's delivery or DoorDash again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I'm not sure if they don't care anymore when they are selecting employees but they ALL need to go to some sort of customer service training. I online ordered for pickup as I do most times, but to a different store because of where I was, that store was closer. Got there and the food wasn't ready. Ok... I'll wait...and I'm waiting...to be acknowledged. So after literally 5 minutes of standing there I said, "Excuse me!" I get the looks like I'm bothering them. Anyhow, fast forward through their eye rolls and mouth snacking, I'm told my food is coming up. And I had to ask my teenage son who was with me if I was going crazy, but everyone slowed down. It was like I flipped a switch. They went into slow motion and kept rolling their eyes and everything.

Then 20 minutes later yea so this is about 30 minutes after my pickup time, I'm leaving and they refused to give me my receipt. So I grabbed one off of the counter because I was going to call and complain. This is better. Let's get to the store by my house. I was already driving and too close to bother to online order so when I got there, there wasn't a line, however I was left standing there for 4 minutes which actually created a line. Let's say they were fulfilling online orders. Ok so I'm watching the brown rice dwindle. The teenager that's employed isn't asking for free rice. It's getting lower because they are filling as I said probably online orders. He finally acknowledges me and says "You want white rice?"

"No. I would like a bowl with brown rice." So he scrapes the nasty rice off the bottom, which is a quarter of the bowl and proceeds to put beans on it. So I ask, "Is that all the rice you're going to put?" His reply? The first part was inaudible which I took as him probably saying an expletive then I heard, "All you had to say was put more rice. All that other stuff wasnt even necessary!" And slapped whatever more rice he cud muster out of the bottom of that pan in my bowl on top of my beans. I'm not sure what else he thought he heard me say, but either way I walked out with no food! There is NO WAY I'm going to let a child young enough to be my kid talk to me like that and donate to their paycheck!! They WILL NEVER get my money again! I live in Maryland. If you want to know the exact stores, just ask!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Ordered online from Chipotle.com. We never received our order. DoorDash estimated delivery time was 5:35. At 6 PM I called them. They said it was 5 min away. At 6:25 I called again and the delivery was 35 minutes away. Driver finally called me at 6:30 to ask where my house was. She was 40 min away in another town. She blamed her GPS as giving her incorrect directions. I have an email that shows my correct address was put on the order. I was so unhappy with the service (and hungry) I asked to have the order canceled and refunded.

DoorDash still has not provided me with a refund confirmation. All they could provide me was a case #. I would like confirmation that my order was refunded. I also called the Chipotle location the order was made from and spoke to Michelle twice. She was pleasant but could not do anything other than refer me to their online form. I have emailed Chipotle twice about the refund and have not heard back from them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I eat at Chipotle in Concord, CA 4 days a week. The staff is fantastic at this location and they always make me feel welcome. Customer Service is 5 Stars. They always remember my name and say hello! Love Concord CA.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Quality of food, staff and restaurant has plummeted. The bowls have gotten smaller and the prices have increased twice in one year. It's a hit or miss. Sometimes it's cold, sometimes salty, sometimes crunchy. Plan on going elsewhere now.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The restaurant on Main Street in Clayton, Ohio ranks the worst. The interaction with staff is terrible. The person preparing my food was mad because it was 10 mins prior to his shift ending and the other guy acted as if he was doing me a favor to fix my order. It was total chaos. They put someone else order in my bag (which I paid for but didn't realize until I got home). Maybe the extra purchase would've bothered me if the food was actually tasty. It was cold and salty! I see why this chain has problems! My husband told me, "Please don't ever ask me to go there anymore!"

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Chipotle was my lifeline in college and onto graduate school. I've seen the good and bad days of Chipotle but things have taken a downward trend lately. The food quality is off! From the heat, water content, viscosity (tells the quality of preparation) and odor. I've recently been unable to stomach a dish that I've been eating for years because of the declining quality! I love this company, its history and its values. Sadly, after years of eating there, I've made the difficult decision to never do business with them. If Chipotle happens to find this review, please do something to turn around the food quality.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Received a gift card to Chipotle. Went my first and last time. Family of four-3 steak burritos and 1 steak tacos. 1. The place was filthy. 2. Everything was cold. 3. One of the three tacos had two pieces of steak and the shells were very stale. 4. The steak was tough and full of gristle. 5. The chips were stale and not good at all-through most away. 6. WAY overpriced. The bill was $62 and change. We have had much better, and more food at places like Casa Fiesta. Chipotle is just an overpriced, overrated Taco Bell. WILL NOT BE BACK!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I went to Chipotle tonight for dinner, ordered the steak bowl with rice and guac. When I went home to eat it I bit into a rock! It cracked my tooth and broke my fillin! After calling the store and speaking with the manager on duty, he said this issue has been occurring frequently!!! If multiple customers have been complaining about rice having pebbles, why would you not warn the customers not to buy it! I would rather have my tooth than a Chipotle bowl!!! I'm in pain for eating dinner, this is ridiculous! He said he will remake the bowl for me. I want my money back and my tooth fixed!!!

Chipotle Company Information