1.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Xoom Money Transfer

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 9, 2017

262 Xoom Money Transfer Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Do not use. Sent my daughter money 2 1/2 weeks ago. Never got to her. I finally just wired it. Still can't get Xoom to give me my money back. They keep changing their story. Contacting PayPal too to let them know Xoom is a joke. Please do not use if you want to save yourself lots of headaches and money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I am not a Xoom account holder, yet a transaction from Xoom that I never authorized hit my bank account. I have been trying to get Xoom to assist in clearing that up, and have hit brick wall after brick wall. They have denied my claim, giving me no explanation as to why. They have not told me who the payment went to. The whole thing makes no sense; clearly it was fraud, and they are doing nothing about it. I have escalated it twice, and been denied twice. PayPal now owns Xoom, so I tried getting PayPal to help (where I am an account holder), but PayPal security people say they cannot do anything about Xoom transactions. Worthless. Neither will get my intentional business in future.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Xoom treated me like a criminal. I spent 2 hours on the phone, emailed them personal and business information for verification numerous times and still was refused sending my money transfer. If waiting on the phone, repeated calls and emails and trying to understand someone who's not English proficient is your dream day scenario, Xoom fit your bill. I for one will NEVER do business with Xoom or refer them in any way, shape or form in the future. Now I'm concerned about sending them my personal and business information, never again!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Huge Ponzi Scheme. Supposed to pay a fee to transfer funds to overseas vendors, pay bills, etc. BUT, Xoom.Com takes the $ money out of your account & into theirs, then holds the $! 5 days later (w/ penalty) still begging them to pay vendors. (I'm talking AFTER the $ left bank account & entered theirs.) It's supposed to be immediately, & they require credit check, State ID, SS #, copies of bank statements etc & some do go thru before clearing account. But out of 5 or 6 transactions, it is rare.

They take auto drafts from account, then just sit on $. When you call they say "It's in Clearing House." - Whatever that means. Could understand 5 days if I was borrowing, but not. They had the $, just don't pay. Don't get caught in their game. When I spoke with a supervisor, she kept rolling down a window (to smoke?) & when I would complain of the wind, she would instantly roll it back up really fast. Kept doing it. They sat on all $1,000 for 5 days. Why? To loan to others? Use another service, don't beg for your own money. Run.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

WTF Xoom? Why did you ask for all important document from a US citizen when you can't do your job? Now, I am worried about my digital identity. Xoom canceled my transaction due to not meeting their regulatory and compliance policies. When I called and ask for the reason, they told me every time that they can't tell me the reason because it would compromise their verification process. WTH, How can I fix if there is anything wrong? They should at least try to help me out from the restrictions they placed on my account, so I can't send any money. I was just trying to see if I can send money to reload phone on my uncle (masa) who is close to me. I don't care what rate or time they take but just wanted to see if that I can do from here to help out my uncle for just $10 but clearly stupid Xoom don't care about the customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xoom Money Transfer?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

On trying to send money to Mexico was informed it would take 15 mins... Getting the money down fast was an emergency and we made that clear to Xoom. Five days after we assumed the money was sent we were informed nothing was sent with no explanation and that they could not send the money to Mexico for us. This after giving them many papers to put in their files. This may end up costing us many thousands of dollars. Western Union took care of us in the 15 mins Xoom promised.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I tried transferring some money from MY US BANK ACCOUNT to MY INDIA BANK ACCOUNT. They needed some documents to validate the transfer: identity proof (passport/visa), bank statement for bank account verification. First of all, I did not know that the verification is needed, it wasn't mentioned anywhere on the Xoom website, so the first transaction was canceled.

Now, this is the most stupid, ridiculous thing that happened when I tried the transaction again and I provided all the documents for verification. They came back to me saying that the documents don't match and they are not giving me any reason. How can the documents mismatch if the receiving person is the same as the person who is sending the money? And all the documents I provided prove that I am the right person and the account I am sending money from belongs to me.

On top of all this, because of this ridicule, I wasted 7-8 days in a single transaction and the $ value went down enough that I have an overall loss of 5000Rs or 78$ which does not even include the loss I have had because I wasn't able to send money back to India on time. Now, the only good thing out of this: I can't use XOOM at all which I would prefer not to in future.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

This was an incredibly difficult and time-consuming process. I tried to make a transfer and did not receive immediate notice that I needed to verify the transfer within the time period, so the first attempt to pay rent was cancelled. I tried to make a second transaction and verify it, which was during the time I was already abroad. I called their 'outside the US' number but was then transferred to their 'verification department'. The department hung up on me after approximately 3 minutes.

I then called that department back with the number the first person had provided, and was informed that the verification department number was not toll free. So I paid 20 cents per minute to be on hold for long periods of time and answer questions I could have answered electronically. After all of this, they still needed me to submit my ID and a bank statement via email (??? why not through the app or website??). They also of course charge a fee for both currency conversion and the transfer itself, so my rent has overall increased by almost $50 a month.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Delaying my transaction when my dad was in hospital waiting for the money. I called the service 3 times and same answer to wait for four days because of the bank. I already called the bank, they said no problem. Xoom got trust issues, they even asked for my Social security number and what's my JOB! Nobody wants to wait for 4 days while your dad is having an health emergency problem. Not recommended for emergency use.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Sent funds to Pakistan. Recipient went to get money and told money was sent back to Xoom. After 2 months, Xoom is still escalating the review. In the meantime, I am out the money. And they charged a fee to do this service. So I lost my money and the cost to send the transfer. Does not seem like a reputable business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I've used Xoom for many years, and this time I tried to send money from my own US account to my account in Australia. It should have been easy, and the transactions costs looked as though they would have been very low. But then I had to deal with their verification process. It took about an hour, going thru countless questions, peppered with small talk that was supposed to make me feel I was being cared for. Then they called me on my US phone number, and went on and on saying useless things, so that by the time I was done, it would have been cheaper to use, heaven forbid, Bank of America. I'm done with Xoom forever, there *has* to be a competitor out there that can do these kinds of transactions in a streamlined way.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Recently, I have a hard time trying to access Xoom since their involvement with paypal. Previously I have used Xoom for my money transfers for a few years and I had some experiences where the transfer was delayed or altogether canceled without good explanation. The service had deteriorated recently. There is also the currency exchange problem where they not only charge for the service but the currency exchange is low compared to other companies providing the same service.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Xoom is not using the correct amount of currency when I send 100 dollars to Chile. The currency was $650.98 pesos per dollar and Xoom pay at $622.90, with therefore of $3000 pesos less. So Xoom charge me twice, at both countries, and the worst, customer service told me that Xoom have their own way to calculate the currency... Never will use it again....

Original review: July 13, 2017

Xoom should fix the problem. I have been a Xoom customer for 4 years now and their service is awesome, rating them five stars and I don't have any problem sending money (I send money today and received the tracking number, send tracking number to my love ones in the Philippines and that day, they can get the money right away, it was always reliable and smooth transactions every time). But not until last month, I send money again to my niece, and right after I clicked that confirm button, to my surprise there's a message saying that "your money is on hold and won't be available for up to 4 business days" (very surprised and scared). That was the first time I ever received that message, so I told my niece to wait and see what's gonna happen, she got the money after 4 days.

Seems like Xoom is having problem and they should tell their customers (we should know what's going on). It's not fast as what advertised and even so reliable anymore? The way they use to be. I hope Xoom will fix it before a lot of their valued customers who trusted them for so long will be gone. I gave them one star as of this day.

Original review: June 23, 2017

They advertise money will be available in minutes. They continue to give the impression that your money will be ready for pickup within minutes throughout the process BUT all the way AFTER you are done with the process you are faced with a "Gotchaaa" message saying that your money is on hold and won't be available for up to 4 business days. You can't complain because even though they advertise transfers in minutes... somewhere down in their looong User Agreement it says, "We may not transfer in minutes." Now I am stuck. Reloading my bank page on browser like an idiot for past one hour so I can tell them how much money I sent to speed up the process.

This is the most stupid and unprofessional practice I have ever seen. Reading the user agreement I now see that not only I am screwed... I am actually stuck with my pants dropped because I cannot cancel the transaction. Even if I cancel my transaction they MAY still charge my bank and will return the money after up to 4 business days. Highway robbery!

Customer service is no help either. I got several different answers and reasons from their agreement, email, web screen, support and support supervisor. Ranging from "Rarely we put a hold like this" to "This is normal and it is mentioned in User Agreement so stop complaining." This should be reported as shady and fraudulent practice. Advertising false claims and then referring to User Agreement.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Xoom system is not secure and their customer service is fraud. I used Xoom in October 2016 to pay 50$ to a vendor in India. In November 2016 I receive a alert in my email that 1800$ was transferred to same vendor which I never did. I opened a case with Xoom support. This transfer has happened due to a system flaw or security breach in Xoom. The recipient initially denied that he received money and later after multiple conversation he agreed but won't pay me back. I can't complain to police since this is not hacking but system error which Xoom is responsible.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Ok I had to send some money to the Dominican Republic with them multiple time before and the services was quick until I have a emergency and send money with them again and they put that money on hold due a bank verification etc. etc. Ok so I call customer services for explanation. They explain to me that the reason why it will take 1-4 day to send the money, it was because the bank haven't paid then so I said, "Ok I understand that so cancel my transaction due that is a emergency. I will send this money with another company." So the customer services said if I cancel the transaction I will have to wait 1-4 day for refund so I said, "what refund? You just said xoom haven't get paid by my bank. I need that money to get send out for emergency."

So the lady said the best way to send out money thru them is by using a credit card but I think they charge too much for credit card transactions is over $20 dollars. I think am already paying too much for money transfers when there is agency that send it for $10.00 dollars. I was willing to paid that extra money for the convenience that I don't have to get out of my house but the fact that I have to wait 1-4 day for them to send out my money is not convenience and the worse part not able to cancel my transaction overall. If you have a emergency xoom.com is not the best way to do money transfers. If you want a fast transfer don't use xoom.com.

Original review: June 4, 2017

So bad! :( They wasting my time to wait the customer service for verification. They said they can't charge me when my transaction is not done or sent already to my recipients. Always said cancelled!!! But actually they charged me already $26 to my bank account!!! So bad. How can I return my money???

Original review: May 1, 2017

I needed to send money to a contractor abroad from a third party credit card. I knew this was probably going to be tricky and I opted to use Xoom. Being a PayPal company I figured it was going to be a ripoff, but should at least just work. It didn't. After one week of emails and many calls to the customer service I finally had all the documents (e.g. proof of identity, proof of address) they need to process the payment. Just to have my account canceled in the next step. The communication with Xoom is horrible. They just send automated emails with a status updated. No apologies, no explanations.

During the process, my transfer got canceled once for no apparent reason, but I could reopen it on the phone. The customer hotline has a reasonable wait time and the people there are reasonably friendly but can't tell you anything about the process let alone do something to help you. In the end, after many hours that I put into this, my Xoom account got canceled without any explanation and without even to pretend any concern for the customer.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I've been using this service for about 5 years, and l have never experience any kind of problem. Of course sometimes there some kind of confusion, but as soon as l called the number given to clear any situation, there was a faster solution. As l recall, l never was asked the reason why I was sending money to my relative or friend and when we talk about 50 or 70 dollars how in the hell can somebody be asked why you send that type of amount. l have never been asked how often did l send money to my relative or friend, because honestly that is not a kind of security question. l have never have any transaction cancelled after being approved by Xoom. l have never been asked for long exactly do l have such account. For me that is irrelevant and is not a security question. For me security question is, your social to match the one they have in case that asked that information.

When a client opened the first time that account, or the normal security question that they ask you and they keep in record, the name of the person that client send money. Well all those painful experience l lived with Xoom, and honestly before this company belong to Paypal it was easy and smooth. The last 4/26/2017 I sent to my nephew in Dominican Republic, $65.00 plus 4.99 transaction fees totaling $69.99. As always they asked you if you want to be notified via text messages which l always see very convenient to avoid. Sign into the site, and especially l am working, well everything went smooth, and l did that transaction early in the morning about 2:23 am. Since l worked night shift, l spend most of the night when l am off awake in the night time. And that previous night l was off, so l never put any attention after l made the transaction.

But about 8 pm in my break time l received a notification from my nephew asking me when he was going to receive the money. Well it was strange because they used to delivery the same day. But l told him, "Probably you will receive it next day or the 4/27/2017." However l went to the Xoom site to recheck the status of that transaction, and for my surprise they did not give me access to the site. My password was blocked and for more l tried, it was impossible. Well l decided to renew my password using the option l forgot my password. Of course they sent me a confirmation and a link to reset my password. l did it, they gave me a new password, but guess what? l could not access my account either. So l tried to reset it again, and when l check my email that tried to reset it, they redirect me to another page which suggested me to call customer service to ask me some security question to deliver my transaction.

Well as a good soldier l called the number. It was in Spanish, so as l am Native Spanish speaker it was not problem for me, and l chose that language. Well, that was the beginning of my painful 20 minutes l have ever lived with a customer service. At first it was very kind, but then this representative became impossible. l said impossible because when customer service rep. ask you these question to confirm your identity it is obvious that they don't want to resolve your problem.

And this were the questions he asked me, l mentioned them above, but l am going to mention again, the name of the person l send money which is a very secure question. How much money l sent which is another secure question. This question listen to this question, "Why was the reason l was sending this money?" That is ridiculous. That is to my concern very personal and only that the client is investigated for the FBI ABOUT HIS FINANCIAL situation. Any institution or business have no right to ask those type of question. Another question was how often do l SEND MONEY TO MY COUNTRY? WHY they asked that question? Another stupid question my relation with the person l am sending the money.

Finally he asked how long did l have my account with them. Of course how could l remember such information exactly. Well then he told me that I did not pass the security question and the transaction was going to be cancelled. He did not asked me my social, or the question about my mother that they have in record. In my opinion they look like they want to kill their own business, but worst they are humiliating the client to do that.

Original review: April 20, 2017

In spite of my misgivings from reading numerous recent bad press, I attempted to use Xoom, since I already had a paypal account and have always had great service and support from paypal. Trying to use Xoom is the opposite experience, and I would encourage Paypal to disassociate from Xoom as soon as possible; they are a stain on Paypal's otherwise good reputation. I attempted to send money to friends in Honduras, from my bank account to their bank account. Part was to help support a student trying to attend a trade school there. Part was to help friends start a local organization to promote local made goods. I know these people personally, so no worries on my part. The transaction was held up, requiring me to speak on the phone with a Xoom rep. who explained there were potential "security issues" with my transfer.

After giving all of my personal Paypal info to them, as well as info about my friends to whom I was sending the money to, I was asked what was the purpose of sending them money?!? In the process of explaining what it was for (as if it's any of their business) the word NGO came up in the conversation, at which point I was told that it is not on their list of approved reasons for a money transfer and my transaction would be cancelled. They would not give any further explanations as to why, and/or provide "approved" reasons for money transfers. I protested, and was told my transfer/protest was being sent to their review committee for further security measures, and "they would get back to me". The rep would give no other explanations or refer me to someone else who could explain this bizarre scrutiny of something so simple.

I never have had issues with WU, Worldremit or anyone else doing a money transfer and felt this was wayyy over the top, and too weird to put up with. I cancelled the transaction myself, and checked that the money had not left my account. This company cannot explain anything they do, nor can they resolve issues they have initiated; I would stay away from them and go to their competitors for more hassle-free experiences and much better customer service when they do create issues. There is no need to put up with this. It is beyond me why Paypal added Xoom to their portfolio of services, when they are a dog of a company that does nothing more than provide poor service and create anger and resentment among customers...

Original review: April 16, 2017

I'm from Sri Lanka, my client from USA sent me money 4 times using Xoom, nearly $1500, all received within hour to my local bank, and their currency conversion rates also reasonable. I'm not sure above there have lots of negative reviews. I can say, for me this site works perfectly.

Original review: April 15, 2017

This XOOM has been a terrible experience for me. Two days ago I told my friend to use this company to send me money because they advertise FAST service and told us it takes less than an hour. It turned out to be a lie. Two days later and still no money, no update, no straight answer. They are very friendly and quick to take your money and make delivery promises they know they can't keep. If you need to send money to Mexico quickly; do not count on XOOM. I did and after almost 3 days, I am still waiting for my money and they can't even tell me when I will get it. If I chose to cancel; they take at least 5 days to return my money back to my US account. BEWARE! I would not trust this company ever again. I do not recommend this XOOM company to anyone. For me it turned out to be a money trap! 14/04/2017 (two days later) and they still have not send my money.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I had used Xoom in the past to transfer money with no issues. Not always the fastest, usually a pretty bad conversion rate but it worked. I wanted to pay off a credit balance in Europe and used Xoom to transfer the payment from my US bank account. I was not aware that Xoom is not to be used for business transactions and that the standard European reference field cannot be populated so, that was a mistake on my end. I transferred USD 1,600 and due to the reference not being transmitted, the receiving bank could not allocate my credit account and reversed the transaction.

This has been 3 weeks ago. Since then I have called the customer service 6 times and inquired about the process, the status and what I can do to expedite the refund. In a nutshell: NOT RESOLVED, UNCARING SERVICE AGENTS and BEING LIED AT. I understand that Xoom utilizes an intermediary bank in Europe, I also understand that they need to get some confirmation/documentation from them. What I do not understand that for three weeks I am being told that they wait for feedback from that bank. No one can tell how or who is following up and whether it is being escalated at some point. They tell me that if they do not hear back after 30 days, the refund will happen automatically and I think they rather wait for that but being of service for me.

I asked 5 service agents that I would like to receive some update by mail or sms text about the status. And if the status is still "we are waiting", then I am not thrilled but at least I have received some confirmation. They all promise that an update will be actively provided within 24-48 hours and in NONE of the 5 cases did I actually receive anything. I always had to call back, tell the whole story again, have them look up the case and then hear that they are waiting.

When I ask when someone had last reached out to the intermediary bank they do not tell you until you get upset and then you find out that no one had followed up for days, even though they claimed that someone "just did that". One agent told me that the system is down for maintenance and that they cannot see any case data - but when I complained a bit, they suddenly had all case details available - just no idea on how to escalate this. But all promised I'd get an update within 24-48 hours.

I escalated to supervisors and managers but they are all trained the same way and not willing to truly help you. I am so done with this service. Once I have my money back - not expecting it to be there before the 30 days are up, if I am lucky, - and getting ready to sue on day 31. They lost me as a customer and 4 potential customers during those 3 weeks because we expats are well connected.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I have been using PayPal and XOOM for a while. They are both quick to take your money and trap it and then put all sorts of blocks in front of you to not let you take the money out. In several cases once they got my money; getting it out became a nightmare. They don't give straight answers and transfers that they advertise to take 15 minutes can easily become many days! Remember this; they will provide sweet customer service, sugar coat you with lip service and TAKE YOUR MONEY. Once they got your money; they will send your recipient an email letting them know they are processing a payment that will not happen for days.

This company is unethical, simply because they deliberately hold back information and will not tell you beforehand their real requirements to send money, UNTIL THEY GOT YOUR MONEY! I have no respect for leaders of such organizations or their staff. Because they played me and my friends and family several times and they do it with millions of people every day. A simple dirty policy; GET the money quickly, RELEASE it as slowly as you can! I will not use XOOM ever again. To me it is a NASTY MONEY TRAP.

Original review: April 12, 2017

3 days ago I set up a Xoom account (long time PayPal client) to send $$ to a relative in another country. 24 hours later they want a copy of a bank statement and ID. I sent the bank statement and a copy of my passport card. Several hours later, they say the passport card was not legible. So then I sent a copy of my passport. Same thing... could I enlarge it. I did that --- TWICE. 3 days later they say the bank statement AND passport are illegible. I just told them to go to hell and canceled the transaction altogether. I transferred the money via PayPal with no issues.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I been using Xoom for years, until today after sending money to Honduras they cancel my transaction because they said, after reviewing it has to be cancel. Did a second transaction. Same thing. It was cancel. After losing my time for about 20 minutes asking stupid question like when I going to send money to that person again or why I am sending the money, they said, "Ok we verified your account and is ready to be used." After using my account for years? Sorry but I can't take this **. I am using Western Union o Moneygram from now on. If you like to have some more stress, use this crap of company Xoom.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I wanted to send $500 to my friend in another country. I set up the account and sent the money. I asked to be notified by text and email. I received no notifications or confirmations. I logged into my account two days later to see if there was a record of the transaction. There was no record. No money came from my bank. I submitted the form again with a single click. I immediately received a text confirming the transaction. I thought for sure that the first one never went through. I then received a text saying the money had been delivered. I thought all was well, but then two days later I received another message saying my account was suspended and my bank had denied the funds.

I called Xoom and they said two payments of $500 were sent and the second one was delivered but had not been paid by me. They said I had to pay $511 right then and there was nothing I could do to reverse the payment. I told them I never meant to send two payments and they said they could do nothing for me but if I didn't pay I would be taken to collections and my credit would be damaged. What a terrible business. Their interface sucks. I double checked all my texts and emails including spam and verified that they never sent a confirmation or tracking number for the first transaction. The woman on the phone insisted that they did send the messages. I hate this company. Send your money with someone more honest and reliable.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Do not give these people your money! They will make a withdrawal from your bank account and then hold you hostage while they ask for every piece of personal information you can imagine to "verify" you. They refuse to explain why they need it or what they are looking for. Every time they request something it will take another business day for them to let you know if you are approved or if they want something more. Did I mention they have your money the entire time? If you ask them to cancel the transaction they tell you it will take 5 days to release your funds. Finally, they rejected me. Lucky me. Awful, awful, awful service!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I had a terrible experience with this company. I had a family emergency in my home country that required me to conduct a money transfer. I initiated the transfer like I had done numerous times before, with the same information. My family members went to one of the pay locations only to discover there was a problem with processing the transaction. I contacted customer service and was transferred multiple times until I reached the verification department. The representative took my account information and told me that they would call me right back.

No one ever called so I called and repeated this process again with the same result. Even with me explaining I needed someone to tell me what the problem was because my family traveled a great distance to get the money and needed to return to their homes. I even asked if they were worried that someone was fraudulently using my account I would send any documents to verify that I indeed authorized the transaction. I was told that they needed to check some things and call me back. This happened four times over two days until I told them to just forget it and I would no longer utilize their services anymore. Within a few minutes I received a text message requesting that I verify the transaction. I provided the security code in the text and they were unable to rectify the situation. I then had two more conversations in which they requested a copy of my bank statement and government identification.

I understand the need to prevent fraud but this is poor customer service! They could have simply told me what the issue was and what they needed in order for me to rectify it the first time that we spoke. Instead I was told numerous times someone would call me back and never did while my family sat around waiting on money they needed. They failed to rectify the issue so finally I decided to utilize a different company that offers Money Transfer Services, much cheaper and reliable. The process was swift and my family received the money quickly. I will never use Xoom.com again. This company is pathetic and poor in customer support. They don't know how to fix their problem. They just want to take your money.

Xoom Money Transfer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Xoom is a money transfer service that allows customers to send money from the United States to other parts of the world, including Central and South America, Asia, the Philippines and more.

• 24/7 customer support: Consumers with questions or problems can contact customer support by phone and speak with a customer service representative at any time, day or night.
    • Referral rewards: Customers who recommend Xoom to a friend who makes a transfer over $400 will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. The new customer will receive a gift card too. There is no cap on the number of referral rewards a customer can receive.
    • Bill pay: Any customer with a US-based payment source can pay utility bills in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and the Philippines. Fees are listed on Xoom’s website.
    • Reload mobile minutes: All customers with a U.S.-based payment source can use Xoom to add minutes to their friends’ or family members’ prepaid mobile phones. Funds are immediately applied to the recipient’s phone, and Xoom will cancel any transaction that was accidentally sent to a contract phone that cannot be reloaded.
    • App: Xoom’s app, available for Apple and Android devices, lets customers send money, pay bills or reload another mobile phone directly from their cell phone or other smart device. The app is free.
    • Best for: Xoom is best for anyone who has a US bank account and needs to send money or pay bills internationally.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs