Xoom Money Transfer

Compare Money Transfer and International Money Transfer Services

In spite of my misgivings from reading numerous recent bad press, I attempted to use Xoom, since I already had a paypal account and have always had great service and support from paypal. Trying to use Xoom is the opposite experience, and I would encourage Paypal to disassociate from Xoom as soon as possible; they are a stain on Paypal's otherwise good reputation. I attempted to send money to friends in Honduras, from my bank account to their bank account. Part was to help support a student trying to attend a trade school there. Part was to help friends start a local organization to promote local made goods. I know these people personally, so no worries on my part. The transaction was held up, requiring me to speak on the phone with a Xoom rep. who explained there were potential "security issues" with my transfer.

After giving all of my personal Paypal info to them, as well as info about my friends to whom I was sending the money to, I was asked what was the purpose of sending them money?!? In the process of explaining what it was for (as if it's any of their business) the word NGO came up in the conversation, at which point I was told that it is not on their list of approved reasons for a money transfer and my transaction would be cancelled. They would not give any further explanations as to why, and/or provide "approved" reasons for money transfers. I protested, and was told my transfer/protest was being sent to their review committee for further security measures, and "they would get back to me". The rep would give no other explanations or refer me to someone else who could explain this bizarre scrutiny of something so simple.

I never have had issues with WU, Worldremit or anyone else doing a money transfer and felt this was wayyy over the top, and too weird to put up with. I cancelled the transaction myself, and checked that the money had not left my account. This company cannot explain anything they do, nor can they resolve issues they have initiated; I would stay away from them and go to their competitors for more hassle-free experiences and much better customer service when they do create issues. There is no need to put up with this. It is beyond me why Paypal added Xoom to their portfolio of services, when they are a dog of a company that does nothing more than provide poor service and create anger and resentment among customers...

I'm from Sri Lanka, my client from USA sent me money 4 times using Xoom, nearly $1500, all received within hour to my local bank, and their currency conversion rates also reasonable. I'm not sure above there have lots of negative reviews. I can say, for me this site works perfectly.

This XOOM has been a terrible experience for me. Two days ago I told my friend to use this company to send me money because they advertise FAST service and told us it takes less than an hour. It turned out to be a lie. Two days later and still no money, no update, no straight answer. They are very friendly and quick to take your money and make delivery promises they know they can't keep. If you need to send money to Mexico quickly; do not count on XOOM. I did and after almost 3 days, I am still waiting for my money and they can't even tell me when I will get it. If I chose to cancel; they take at least 5 days to return my money back to my US account. BEWARE! I would not trust this company ever again. I do not recommend this XOOM company to anyone. For me it turned out to be a money trap! 14/04/2017 (two days later) and they still have not send my money.

I had used Xoom in the past to transfer money with no issues. Not always the fastest, usually a pretty bad conversion rate but it worked. I wanted to pay off a credit balance in Europe and used Xoom to transfer the payment from my US bank account. I was not aware that Xoom is not to be used for business transactions and that the standard European reference field cannot be populated so, that was a mistake on my end. I transferred USD 1,600 and due to the reference not being transmitted, the receiving bank could not allocate my credit account and reversed the transaction.

This has been 3 weeks ago. Since then I have called the customer service 6 times and inquired about the process, the status and what I can do to expedite the refund. In a nutshell: NOT RESOLVED, UNCARING SERVICE AGENTS and BEING LIED AT. I understand that Xoom utilizes an intermediary bank in Europe, I also understand that they need to get some confirmation/documentation from them. What I do not understand that for three weeks I am being told that they wait for feedback from that bank. No one can tell how or who is following up and whether it is being escalated at some point. They tell me that if they do not hear back after 30 days, the refund will happen automatically and I think they rather wait for that but being of service for me.

I asked 5 service agents that I would like to receive some update by mail or sms text about the status. And if the status is still "we are waiting", then I am not thrilled but at least I have received some confirmation. They all promise that an update will be actively provided within 24-48 hours and in NONE of the 5 cases did I actually receive anything. I always had to call back, tell the whole story again, have them look up the case and then hear that they are waiting.

When I ask when someone had last reached out to the intermediary bank they do not tell you until you get upset and then you find out that no one had followed up for days, even though they claimed that someone "just did that". One agent told me that the system is down for maintenance and that they cannot see any case data - but when I complained a bit, they suddenly had all case details available - just no idea on how to escalate this. But all promised I'd get an update within 24-48 hours.

I escalated to supervisors and managers but they are all trained the same way and not willing to truly help you. I am so done with this service. Once I have my money back - not expecting it to be there before the 30 days are up, if I am lucky, - and getting ready to sue on day 31. They lost me as a customer and 4 potential customers during those 3 weeks because we expats are well connected.

I have been using PayPal and XOOM for a while. They are both quick to take your money and trap it and then put all sorts of blocks in front of you to not let you take the money out. In several cases once they got my money; getting it out became a nightmare. They don't give straight answers and transfers that they advertise to take 15 minutes can easily become many days! Remember this; they will provide sweet customer service, sugar coat you with lip service and TAKE YOUR MONEY. Once they got your money; they will send your recipient an email letting them know they are processing a payment that will not happen for days.

This company is unethical, simply because they deliberately hold back information and will not tell you beforehand their real requirements to send money, UNTIL THEY GOT YOUR MONEY! I have no respect for leaders of such organizations or their staff. Because they played me and my friends and family several times and they do it with millions of people every day. A simple dirty policy; GET the money quickly, RELEASE it as slowly as you can! I will not use XOOM ever again. To me it is a NASTY MONEY TRAP.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xoom Money Transfer?

3 days ago I set up a Xoom account (long time PayPal client) to send $$ to a relative in another country. 24 hours later they want a copy of a bank statement and ID. I sent the bank statement and a copy of my passport card. Several hours later, they say the passport card was not legible. So then I sent a copy of my passport. Same thing... could I enlarge it. I did that --- TWICE. 3 days later they say the bank statement AND passport are illegible. I just told them to go to hell and canceled the transaction altogether. I transferred the money via PayPal with no issues.

I been using Xoom for years, until today after sending money to Honduras they cancel my transaction because they said, after reviewing it has to be cancel. Did a second transaction. Same thing. It was cancel. After losing my time for about 20 minutes asking stupid question like when I going to send money to that person again or why I am sending the money, they said, "Ok we verified your account and is ready to be used." After using my account for years? Sorry but I can't take this **. I am using Western Union o Moneygram from now on. If you like to have some more stress, use this crap of company Xoom.

I wanted to send $500 to my friend in another country. I set up the account and sent the money. I asked to be notified by text and email. I received no notifications or confirmations. I logged into my account two days later to see if there was a record of the transaction. There was no record. No money came from my bank. I submitted the form again with a single click. I immediately received a text confirming the transaction. I thought for sure that the first one never went through. I then received a text saying the money had been delivered. I thought all was well, but then two days later I received another message saying my account was suspended and my bank had denied the funds.

I called Xoom and they said two payments of $500 were sent and the second one was delivered but had not been paid by me. They said I had to pay $511 right then and there was nothing I could do to reverse the payment. I told them I never meant to send two payments and they said they could do nothing for me but if I didn't pay I would be taken to collections and my credit would be damaged. What a terrible business. Their interface sucks. I double checked all my texts and emails including spam and verified that they never sent a confirmation or tracking number for the first transaction. The woman on the phone insisted that they did send the messages. I hate this company. Send your money with someone more honest and reliable.

Do not give these people your money! They will make a withdrawal from your bank account and then hold you hostage while they ask for every piece of personal information you can imagine to "verify" you. They refuse to explain why they need it or what they are looking for. Every time they request something it will take another business day for them to let you know if you are approved or if they want something more. Did I mention they have your money the entire time? If you ask them to cancel the transaction they tell you it will take 5 days to release your funds. Finally, they rejected me. Lucky me. Awful, awful, awful service!

I had a terrible experience with this company. I had a family emergency in my home country that required me to conduct a money transfer. I initiated the transfer like I had done numerous times before, with the same information. My family members went to one of the pay locations only to discover there was a problem with processing the transaction. I contacted customer service and was transferred multiple times until I reached the verification department. The representative took my account information and told me that they would call me right back.

No one ever called so I called and repeated this process again with the same result. Even with me explaining I needed someone to tell me what the problem was because my family traveled a great distance to get the money and needed to return to their homes. I even asked if they were worried that someone was fraudulently using my account I would send any documents to verify that I indeed authorized the transaction. I was told that they needed to check some things and call me back. This happened four times over two days until I told them to just forget it and I would no longer utilize their services anymore. Within a few minutes I received a text message requesting that I verify the transaction. I provided the security code in the text and they were unable to rectify the situation. I then had two more conversations in which they requested a copy of my bank statement and government identification.

I understand the need to prevent fraud but this is poor customer service! They could have simply told me what the issue was and what they needed in order for me to rectify it the first time that we spoke. Instead I was told numerous times someone would call me back and never did while my family sat around waiting on money they needed. They failed to rectify the issue so finally I decided to utilize a different company that offers Money Transfer Services, much cheaper and reliable. The process was swift and my family received the money quickly. I will never use Xoom.com again. This company is pathetic and poor in customer support. They don't know how to fix their problem. They just want to take your money.

I signed up for Xoom 3 years ago after dating a woman in Mexico and needing to send her money while I was here in the States. I was wary sending money electronically but they called me to scrutinize who I was sending money to, my relationship with the person getting the money, and why I was sending money. Once they agreed that my reasons were true and legit, the money transfer went through very quickly and I was very satisfied. I made several transactions over the coming months with that girlfriend.

We broke up and I had a new girlfriend also living in Mexico that I helped financially. No issues, I continued to be happy with the fast delivery of money. We broke up and then I was in Mexico with some friends about a year ago and made an acquaintance. Several months later this friend asked to borrow some money and I transfer a relatively small sum of money with no questions or issues.

The original girlfriend and I get back together and I need to send money for an emergency and was immediately denied with an e-mail stating in part "Customers may not use Xoom's service in violation of Xoom's User Agreement. Additionally, sending money to a recipient who has violated the User Agreement..." Very intentionally vague! I asked for clarification and got no response. I tried another transaction and it was immediately declined so I called. The woman referred me to the e-mail. She was even so kind as to forward back to me the e-mail I had sent asking for clarification to which there was no response! I asked her for a response to my questions looking for clarification. Nothing. She said she would send my case to appeals and their response would be final.

"Pursuant to the User Agreement, Xoom may discontinue the Service without notice... Sending transactions to a recipient who has violated the User Agreement can also affect your ability to use Xoom." So... no further information. There is nothing that I know of that I did to violate anything and there is nothing THAT I KNOW OF that any of my recipients did. But I really don't know. They won't provide any further information.

Until this, I was happy and satisfied. But... they're unreliable if they are going to pull BS like this. Look into Western Union or Ria or Money Gram or Venmo or even wire transfers through your bank. I'll never use Xoom again, will never suggest them again, and will do everything in my power to let anyone who lives in the US and is looking to send money back home know how very much Xoom SUCKS.

A few weeks ago, I was informed by Citi Cards that Xoom a money transfer service that also uses PayPal had initiated a money transfer from my Citi VISA card account. They did the $1.00 credit and debit transaction. This concerned me greatly. I had not initiated any such transaction and am now wary of using PayPal completely.

Hi, I was surprised to see many victims. Since Feb22/2017 am trying to transfer to india to my husband sister, due to medical emergency, support. Every time transation canceled and ask for statements from Bank, we provided, we call them updated to almost all executives, Minava from verification department we talked thrice till today Mar17/201. We used all banks what we have and provide all Bank transaction. Funny part, the money not reached... always still transaction. We used alternate source to send. Saw nice TV ads, thought quick and easy. Pain thought: why would I write, it's my first... I don't want anyone suffer.

I tried to send money to my family in Latin America. They asked I'd verification and bank statements, also asking questions who were the people I was sending to, how often am I going to send money, and what was the purpose of it. Really? Avoid the headaches and avoid them. I had to cancel and went somewhere else.

I have been using Xoom for a very long time for my business - I hire few people in India as consultants. On the day I am supposed to send money to them I try to login but unable to then I try to reset my password - Xoom.com allowed me to do that. But still I was not able to login. Then I call their customer service and they said that my account was closed for non compliance. They are not obliged to tell me the reasons nor did I get any kind of a notification saying that my account will be closed. What kind of a pathetic loser company is this (as you can see that I am mightily pissed off) that just closes the account with any kind of a notification nor justification.

I did a transaction to remit in India from USA on 15th Feb. On the same day the status was changed to Transaction completed successfully on the Xoom site. I checked on the recipient account, but the money was not received. I followed up with recipient bank and they had no clue about this transaction. Then I followed up with Xoom customer care. They were simply delaying the process saying there is some technical problem going on with the recipient bank in India. When I asked to share this in email, they refused. I asked for refund and they denied. This is highly frustrating. The customer care is very bad and dont have any information about the transaction. Looks like they are using this money for their benefit.

I initiated a US$610 transfer to a family member in the Dominican Republic on 02/13/2017 for a medical emergency. The funds were withdrawn from my bank account the same day the transaction was initiated. On 02/14 when neither I or my family member had yet received the text indicating the funds were ready for pick-up I logged in to my Xoom account to check the status of my transaction. The status of the transaction revealed that my wire transfer would not be available for pick up until 02/21/17. A full week after the transaction was initiated.

I called customer service and the agent, after placing me on hold 3 times, tells me that I will receive an email with the options available to me in reference to my transaction. When I asked her why I had to wait for an email instead of her reading from her screen what my options are, she could not answer me. When I asked her why Xoom did NOT inform me during the process of generating the transaction that the funds would take a full week to be made available, she could not answer. The only question that she was able to answer was how long it would take to have the funds reimbursed to my bank account, she said 4-5 days.

So now I have $610 in Xoom limbo. Xoom won't make the funds, which they already withdrew from my account, available for pickup and they won't reimburse the funds back to my account so I can wire them via a reliable money wire service such as Western Union. MORAL OF THE STORY: If you have the need to get funds to a family member internationally for fast and reliable delivery - DO NOT USE XOOM!!

I would give 0 stars if possible. I was alerted that my account needed verification when I tried to send money overseas. However, every time I sent the paperwork for the verification, I never heard back, and therefore had to call the office to check on the status. This happened 3 times, and each time I called they just said they couldn't verify, but weren't able to give me any information why this could not be verified.

By the third time, I was actually very concerned that these people must be scamming me into giving my personal and business information, and I just requested that they cancel the transaction and delete my account so that my information would be destroyed. After speaking with a manager, and relaying my extreme disgust with the service I received, all she could do was say that since my account was deactivated, my information would be securely stored on their server. I do not have any confidence that is the case, and I might look to legal action.

At first Xoom seemed to be a viable and inexpensive solution for transferring money from the USA to Japan, from my attorney to myself. Unfortunately, my father died last year and now I'm to collect a small amount of money from his insurance company, less than US$3000. On January 26, 2017, my attorney sent Xoom money to transfer to my bank account in Japan, which I have still not received as of February 10, 2017. Some nonsense about they do not have the correct Bank account number for my account. This is obviously a lie because certainly my attorney is intelligent enough to fill out their simple form correctly.

As of two days ago, we have both requested a refund from Xoom, but they are still stalling and giving us the runaround as to why they haven't refunded the money yet. Thus my attorney has not received a refund as of today. Furthermore, I just received an email message from Xoom, that was sent to my email address, with the opening greeting to the wrong person, not myself. Obviously they are masters at confusion and stall tactics. To be sure, Xoom is a fraudulent company. DO NOT USE XOOM!!

I think I understand why. They seem to use unsuspecting people's monies to make international currency exchanges for profits at no expense to themselves. In other words, they use our money to make these currency exchanges for free and at no costs to themselves. Then they delay payment to the recipient and/or a refund to the sender, again using our money for free during this lengthy duration. This kind of activity must be stopped!! This is certainly fraud and PayPal should be ashamed for supporting this company and its activities. Let's all of us who have had problems with Xoom file a class action law suit against both Xoom and PayPal! Thank you.

Tried to send $100 dollars to the Philippines which after going through their website and them taking money from my bank account they placed the transaction on hold and after two hours sent me an email requesting me to contact them. During the call to their customer service they asked all my info that I entered already plus what relationship I had with the recipient? How often will I be sending her money? Then wanted me to email them a copy of my bank statement and utility bill. I then canceled the transaction immediately and requested my money and fees to be returned to my bank.

This type of information is unacceptable in my opinion for an amount of only $100 dollars and way over the top in the collection of personal information. I can open a bank account and get a unsecured credit card and even open a business Paypal account and not have to give so much information... I could understand if I was sending thousands of dollars that may go to fund some criminal activities but this was just $100 dollars for valentine's day. I will never use this company's service and am going to Paypal and removing my accounts with them since they are affiliated with xoom.

On 1/3/17, I initiated a 1000. transaction to my Godson in Guatemala. The money was to help him with tuition and books. He never received the money - it was never deposited in his bank. He was able to prove this. Today is 1/23/17 - well over two weeks later. I have made multiple calls and sent multiple emails. Their service reps read off a script, same with reply emails. They claim that their pay partner, UniTeller Banorte, needs up to 30 days to issue a refund or prove the money was received. Huh? This is the 21st century. They have the technology to resolve this quickly. What are they doing with the money I gave them?

Worst customer service I've ever experienced! I'm disgusted. FIVE phone calls from the Philippines and STILL no service. They are exceptionally incompetent. NEVER AGAIN. I will ensure everyone I meet will hear about this. Must fire them.

I transferred money to my sister-in-law for Christmas presents. I received an email saying that she received it on December 27th. However, she did not receive it. I called on the 27th December, 30th December, 2nd January and again on the 6th January. All of the time they said they are waiting for Barclays to tell them where the money has gone. My 300 GBP has gone missing. It's now been 2 weeks and the whereabouts of my money is unknown. The response I got from the supervisor was that they are emailing Barclays every day but haven't heard. They do not know when it will be resolved. They have said that this will be resolved within 30 days but this is not acceptable.

I've been using Zoom for 5 years on and they suddenly demanded banking information a year ago which I faxed them with certain information blacked out. No problem there as I'm guessing this was because they were bought by PayPal. I usually do 2 maybe 3 transfers per month at about $700 on average. Today I attempted to do a transfer and was locked out of my account and sent an email telling me that there was unusual activity on my account and to call them. I called and was asked to verify my information which I attempted to do. I was told that none of my information matched what was on file with them including my phone number and my current address. I have been using their service for 5 years. Their customer service people are not easy to deal with and sometimes difficult to understand because of their accents. When it works it's very convenient but god forbid if you need to deal with their customer service.

With Xoom for a while was satisfied with service. Last June, my Uncle was sick so I sent my Auntie some money. The first she got the money, after a week we sent more. She was told the money was claimed at 6 am that morning and they were not even open yet. They complained and asked what branch was the money released and so they went, the signature did not match with the ID and when they said they will involve the police and they know the owner personally, the money was given to them.

2nd instance was I sent money to my sister for Christmas, but unfortunately before she was able to claim the money she got a text message that the money was already taken. They send a text that transaction was complete. So she went to one of the redeeming office and they said that the transaction number is old and the money was already released. She asked in what branch. They would not tell her. She was asked to go to the main office and file a complaint. Finally she called me and asked me to just to put a stop payment for the transaction thru my bank. NOT AGAIN WOULD I USE THEIR SERVICES.

Been sending thru Xoom for the last 3 years or more, to the same person, for whatever reason in the last 2 weeks, I did my usual transactions and they cancel one by one without any reason, when I call they said that the reason was the beneficiary and the bank who was receiving the money was declining the transactions. I contact the bank in Colombia and Pagos Internacionales and they denied that they did that, they didn't even had a record of my transactions.

I tried again all with the same result, long phone calls with Customer service, very UNHELPFUL, spoke with 3 "managers" Carlos **, he told me that they will call me the next day, 24 hours after, no calls. This company is a disaster, make me waste my time and what I can't believe is that PAYPAL is associated with them, Never had a bad experience with PAYPAL but with XOOM... NEVER AGAIN, I have other options and they are more companies reliable that do the same thing that they do. Don't recommend it at all. BAD, BAD, BAD.

Something happened at Xoom and I question if they actually exist anymore. I had a pretty positive experience before, even had the app on my phone. I've called them, emailed them and I get nowhere. They first suspended my account for unknown reasons and asked me to verify my information. Every time I change my password, it never lets me log in. I even tried through Facebook and got nowhere. I'm getting a little concerned about information I have on their servers. I think my experience is the same as many here. Come on, PayPal, you can fix this and know how. It's making PayPal look bad.

2 transactions never went through even though they appeared to. I called twice and spoke to 2 very unhelpful people who I could barely understand. They couldn't give me any information other than my info couldn't be verified. Then I was told my account had been deactivated. This company is retarded.

After two days of attempting to use XOOM to wire money to a friend in Brazil I'm honestly appalled with the process and their customer service. Yesterday I wired my friend $20 USD to Brazil where she lives and banks. This was a test to see how long the process would take before it was deposited into her account, since neither of us were familiar with XOOM. The good news, it took about a day but the exchange rate when I sent the money and the exchange rate of her deposit were different. Thus she received less money in her bank account! When I attempted to speak to XOOM's customer service about the issue, an agent (Jea) was very dismissive towards me. At one point I thought she had hung up on me, because she refuse to engage in the conversation.

Moving forward, I called my friend and told her what had occurred, but I was going process of sending her a lump sum $1300 (she had graciously traveled to the states to visit me and I felt obliged to reimburse her for the airline ticket she had purchased). So I submitted the transaction via XOOM using all the mandated boxes previously used. 20 minutes later I received a phone call from XOOM's verification department wishing to confirm my transaction - ok, no big deal! After all it's an innocent call. The agent begins by telling me that my friend's surname and middle name are incorrect! I told him, "No, its correct!" We go around and around until he finally concedes. Then suddenly the call becomes ominous and nefarious! The agent asked, "why am I sending the money", "what is my relationship with this person," and "how long have I known them?"

WOW!!! This line of questioning I would imagine coming from the US or the Brazilian government and if they thought there were anything surreptitious going on, I'm certain their questions would have been more discreet in obtaining what they would've needed to know? Again let's get perspective on what's going on here. XOOM is a third party "service company," not a Bank, not my Bank or my friend's Bank. Their questions had nothing to do with my security i.e., making sure I had given permission to release funds to an Brazil Bank? Instead XOOM's blatantly wanted to know what was my involvement with my lady friend (a 60 year retiree)? I felt both nauseated and angry; provoking me to cancel my transaction... I can also assure you I will no longer have any future business with XOOM's products or its usages!

So my Xoom account was deactivated or suspended due to inactive reasons and I thought to use it so the system won't let me in and I need to call them. So I called their customer care and they said "oh yes it needs to get verified. We are transferring to Verification department" and I said okay. Now that guy picked up. First he ask me name and address and stuff like that and then he ask me about my last transactions and I said everything correct. Then he said "now we will go through some series of questions." I said okay.

So he ask me my date of birth then my Social security, email address and then he was like "what is the closest hospital near to your house" - well I am an athletic so for me there is no reason to go to hospital and I just move here 6 months ago so how should I know that and top of that I have the best Medical group in US so I can go wherever I want to any hospital and they have to treat me. Now why should I care which hospital is closer?

So I request to pass question and he was like "no sir that's not possible." What a ** type of system. So after 8 question all the questions I answer including my Social Security, Email address how many transactions I did everything just this hospital question went wrong because I don't need to know about it. "No Sir you answer the hospital question wrong so you won't be able to use Xoom." I mean dude are you kidding me? I gave you my whole original Social Security Number. Now if you live in United States you would know how much Social Security is important. So they don't care whether other information is correct or not. You should know about your closest hospital. Looks like I need to leave my job and start working as postman so I can be more familiar with hospitals.

He ask me where you sent money in India, how often you use and everything I answer correct but he stuck on the hospital question which is totally stupid. A guy who holds best medical why the hell he even bother for closest hospital. So they said "now you can't use Xoom." After this a lot frustration. I just told him to cancel my account and delete the details. It doesn't sounds worth to me but I guess Xoom is the second name of Bunch Of Monkeys. I feel like I am insulting Monkeys by naming Xoom as monkeys. Even they are good than this guys. I literally don't want to give this one star and I wish if there could be negative ratings for this. Seriously horrible experience.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Xoom is a money transfer service that allows customers to send money from the United States to other parts of the world, including Central and South America, Asia, the Philippines and more.

• 24/7 customer support: Consumers with questions or problems can contact customer support by phone and speak with a customer service representative at any time, day or night.
  • Referral rewards: Customers who recommend Xoom to a friend who makes a transfer over $400 will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. The new customer will receive a gift card too. There is no cap on the number of referral rewards a customer can receive.
  • Bill pay: Any customer with a US-based payment source can pay utility bills in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and the Philippines. Fees are listed on Xoom’s website.
  • Reload mobile minutes: All customers with a U.S.-based payment source can use Xoom to add minutes to their friends’ or family members’ prepaid mobile phones. Funds are immediately applied to the recipient’s phone, and Xoom will cancel any transaction that was accidentally sent to a contract phone that cannot be reloaded.
  • App: Xoom’s app, available for Apple and Android devices, lets customers send money, pay bills or reload another mobile phone directly from their cell phone or other smart device. The app is free.
  • Best for Xoom is best for anyone who has a US bank account and needs to send money or pay bills internationally.

Compare Money Transfer and International Money Transfer