3.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

A member of the PayPal family, Xoom has partnered with companies around the world to provide its users with safe and affordable money transfer options. Whether you’re looking to reload a phone, send money or pay bills for family and friends, Xoom has fast, easy and secure options for everything. Recipients can take advantage of their convenient global network and receive funds through direct deposit or by hand delivery. Visit their site today to explore all money transfer options!

977 Xoom Money Transfer Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I've tried Western Union. It was okay I thought. Until a problem came up. I called their number and spoke to a representative. Explained my problem. And was directed to another department. That was when I found out that there is no live person there. Only answering machine. After numerous attempts to contact a live person was unsuccessful. I gave up. Also the representative was not so helpful. Not rude. But not helpful. So I found out about Xoom. And after learning that it is a Pay Pal Service. I gave it a try. And have been very satisfied ever since. Also the convenience of being able to do all my transactions on my own computer in the privacy of my home. At any time I need to do a transfer. Excellently well developed service system. I have had no issues where I needed to contact a representative. So I cannot comment to that part. So far so good. 5 stars for Xoom.

Get expert buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was able to send a quick amount to wish my sis happy birthday... who does not like quick cash :). She got to see the transaction come through while we were talking. She was thrilled!! On another transaction... I was also impressed when a transaction was declined and cancelled automatically when it was a business account, I had no idea that this person's account was a business account.

I called your agent. She tried to help and facilitated the transaction the third time and you still declined it... so even though the CSR explained but she made me feel that an exception could work and it did not... but I still think your experience is great so you still get 5 stars... Next time I won't waste my breath calling you all when I see the status clearly explained on the app! Zelle and Venmo are eating your lunch in domestic market but international transfer you rock!! Thank you!! Good work!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I use this service to help two friends of mine, now and then, who both live outside the United States. One lives in Escuinapa, Mexico and the other lives in Manila, Philippines. Recently one of my friend's home was nearly destroyed by Hurricane Willa when it hit Escuinapa, Mexico. Xoom made it possible for me to get emergency money to her very quickly to help her.

My other friend who lives in the Philippines recently needed less crucial help. She had just landed a new job and the office staff of the company she works for was holding a Christmas party. She was expected to provide some food and a gift for another employee, but was embarrassed she didn't have the money to provide it. Her job was so new she had not received her first paycheck yet. Xoom helped me to help her save the day by sending her $50 instantly. She had emailed me for help about two hours before the party began, and two hours was just enough time for her to buy the food and the gift. I think it is AMAZING that Xoom could provide such a valuable service that could make such a positive impact upon my friend's life. Thank you Xoom for providing such a great service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

The charge of $7.99 for each transfer is a little on the high side. I feel that it could be lower with as many people that use the service. You certainly could lower the transfer fee. The other thing is the new rule that the amount you are able to transfer has to be an even amount like $200.00, cannot be like $225.00 which makes it very difficult to do because sometimes all you have to transfer is amounts like 150.00 or 125.00 but you have to increase the amount even though you don't have the additional amount or need to make it more. That rule is very difficult to abide by so please go back to the old way of being able to transfer any amount. Otherwise your services are good.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been using Xoom for years for transfers to the Philippines. I have never had a problem that I didn't create and for those I did, the staff always helped get it straight very quickly. I did have one issue that had to do with increased limits. I had been approved for higher limits for a few years, then all of a sudden I was back down to the lower limits. It took a number of emails, but ultimately my limits were reinstated without having to do all the verifications. That I can overlook, as it was taken care of. I just can't beat money being available for pickup within 30 seconds after sending it. And the price could only be considered expensive when sending small sums of money but once above say $100.00 it becomes inexpensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xoom Money Transfer?

Original review: July 20, 2019

Unfortunately I could give a rating lower than 1, otherwise I would have. Customer service has a lot to be desired. My account was closed because they said it was “compromised.” However, customer service couldn’t help me resolve the issue and didn’t even offer a solution to fix the problem. I have been transferred numerous times to different people, none of them were knowledgeable to assist. It was very frustrating to deal with your company. You just lost my business.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I am really disappointment because you weren’t able to return my mom and Telmex phone company didn’t get the payment. Due to this problem my parents in Mexico don’t have a line service to talk to them. I have emails going back and front and made numerous calls about this and I didn’t get anything back. When I had other issues I was refunded the money backs Telmex told me they never received the payment. I really think people use Xoom to make sure it’s quick process it was until this last problem we had. Feel free to call if you like don’t think you're ever going to solve the problem.

Original review: July 19, 2019

The speed of execution and reliability of XOOM is fantastic. Never experienced a problem. It takes less than five minutes from time of initiating a transfer to fund deposit to an account. XOOM is the leader in international money transfer.

Sonnie

New Jersey USA

Original review: July 19, 2019

Hardly I have been so satisfied with a service rendered! I recommend 100% Xoom for anyone who needs to send money to another country!! They are fast, caring and competent! Nothing but good words about them!

Original review: July 18, 2019

I love sending at Xoom coz is very convenient, no hassle at all and they will receive the money in 5 minutes! It’s also very convenient in emergency cases. So happy that I am using Xoom!!!! I will give Xoom a 5 star at all time!

Original review: July 18, 2019

I used Xoom.com twice. First time, I had to start from scratch, read instructions, register, etc. Second time, it was a breeze. Transaction was confirm immediately. I would recommend Xoom. I would use it for further payments. Thanks.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I really like sending money with XOOM. XOOM allows me to send money to family in Brazil every month in the local currency. Many other money services do not allow that.... I would need to send money in US dollars or Euros, not good. XOOM is reasonable fast and trouble free for me. I send money every month with XOOM. Love it.

Original review: July 18, 2019

My transfer to Mexico was a ridiculous decision by whoever imposed that decision. Xoom made so difficult for me and my recipient to collect the money. You were asking for my recipient to send me a picture and for me to send it to you for proof. I didn’t get it. Will never use Xoom again.

Original review: July 18, 2019

This app have been really helpful in my life, it save me a lot of time, just really easy to transfer money to my family at any time. The first transaction when I got Xoom, took a little while to get done, not sure if that was normal for first time costumers but after everything it’s been a 5 stars. So thankful for all your help Xoom!!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

The app is user friendly, the communication when your transaction is completed and delivered. The various pickup locations are great. Will try the bank deposit next time. Would have appreciate if the service was available within the USA.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The current dollar rate is not offered and on top of it 5$ fee is charged as well. Adding new recipients is difficult. Sending money to more than one recipient or other banks like Habib bank is not supported at all. Goods: Funds are transferred Timely.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I use Xoom a lot and always had a great experience. Money is transferred almost immediately. I get emails to let me know where I am in the process. Would definitely recommend Xoom to friends and family.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I routinely send money to the Philippines. I have always found Xoom service to be first class. I used their main competitor for a couple years and began having problems that they refused to address. As long as Xoom continues to give me excellent service I will continue to use them.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The money is available for withdrawal by the recipient within minutes. I can depend on Xoom to make the transfer possible. Filling out the transfer form online is easy. Xoom's website is user-friendly and instructions are easy to understand. They are in big font/letters so it is easy to read.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Xoom discontinued my account, never gave a real description as to why! I am unable to get my history from their site, I don’t feel comfortable that they possess important financial information. I would not recommend them to anyone. Customer service reps are foreigners that are not well versed in English well!

Original review: July 18, 2019

It is simple, with sons, daughters, a mother-in-law, grandkids, a sister-in-law, nieces, nephews and a brother-in-law that like the rest of the world occasionally run into hard times a service like this one that is fast, accurate, and dependable. Sure, I'd always like a better rate of exchange but I won't complain, the price is right and like I said, you haven't failed to deliver.

Original review: July 18, 2019

After only one successful transaction (**) with Xoom, my second transaction (**) was canceled. I hope my account can be reopened in order for future transactions with Xoom can be completed successfully. Dan

Original review: July 18, 2019

Your speed, your service, accuracy integrity - everything are highly commendable. But I believe, either your company as a whole, or some SOB employee in your company ‘selling’ customer info. That’s why every time I use your services within few days fake social security administration, or tax accountants etc continuously call my Phone with Indian accents. Posted July 17 2019.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Getting everything set up to do multiple transactions is a pain in the butt and an extreme bit of overreaching for personal information. I give four stars because the site is user friendly, the transaction speed is great (sent to China). If not for the excessive personal information I would give five stars.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I used this to send money to foreign friends instead of WU. Bank to Bank. They closed my account because. One person scammed me. I realized it was my problem, but you decided to close my account. No appeal. Nada. No I do not recommend this.

Original review: July 18, 2019

At first wasn’t impressed with but customer service is excellent and helped me how to use the app and now it’s a breeze. I’m very happy with this service. It’s simple, easy, efficient and FAST??? Go Xoom!

Original review: July 18, 2019

Always use Xoom because my money is transferred to my family immediately and with the best exchange rate on the market. Also if I have any problems I can always call and someone is available 24/7 to help me out.

Original review: July 17, 2019

As I'd written before, your service sucks! You promised "almost immediate" transfer of funds and yet it took 3 1/2 days for my daughter to receive much needed funds. And your customer service is likewise lacking in credibility as I contacted you several times to ask 'when' and finally after 2 days was told that the transfer was processed and I'd receive an email confirmation when funds were actually transferred into her account, I never received that email and my daughter received her money too late! Never again. It's WorldRemit for me. R.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Xoom was amazing for first few transactions, but after that they started taking forever to transfer the funds. They promise to transfer money to India from minutes to 4 hour depends what bank I send to, but every time I make a transaction they take 3-5 business days. Honestly, I'm frustrated with Xoom. Already considering other options.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I have been using Xoom as my primary transfer money service for years now. The hassle of going to a brick location of Western Union before I discover Xoom was something I was not looking for, long lines and the amount of time to expend just to complete an order was unreal sometimes. With Xoom everything is smooth once you set up your account and with multiple choices of locations for your recipients to pick up the money transfer make it a swift transaction. The BEST service so far.

Xoom Money Transfer expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Xoom is a money transfer service that allows customers to send money from the United States to other parts of the world, including Central and South America, Asia, the Philippines and more.

• 24/7 customer support: Consumers with questions or problems can contact customer support by phone and speak with a customer service representative at any time, day or night.

• Referral rewards: Customers who recommend Xoom to a friend who makes a transfer over $400 will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. The new customer will receive a gift card too. There is no cap on the number of referral rewards a customer can receive.

• Bill pay: Any customer with a US-based payment source can pay utility bills in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama and the Philippines. Fees are listed on Xoom’s website.

• Reload mobile minutes: All customers with a U.S.-based payment source can use Xoom to add minutes to their friends’ or family members’ prepaid mobile phones. Funds are immediately applied to the recipient’s phone, and Xoom will cancel any transaction that was accidentally sent to a contract phone that cannot be reloaded.

• App: Xoom’s app, available for Apple and Android devices, lets customers send money, pay bills or reload another mobile phone directly from their cell phone or other smart device. The app is free.

• Best for: Xoom is best for anyone who has a US bank account and needs to send money or pay bills internationally.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs