2. Finance
  3. Money Transfer

4.0/5 (465 ratings)

About Xoom Money Transfer

Xoom is an international money transfer service administered by PayPal that works from your phone or computer. You can send money to more than 70 countries and deposit to a recipient’s bank account or arrange cash for pickup or delivery. Xoom also offers international mobile phone reload and bill pay. You can get status updates by text or email. Xoom offers a money-back guarantee if your transfer does not get to the recipient. Customer service is available 24/7.

Pros

• Money-back guarantee
  • Deposit, cash pickup or delivery
  • Lower fees for PayPal customers
  • Live customer support

Cons

• Higher fees for credit/debit funding
  • Daily, monthly and six-month limits

Bottom Line

Xoom is a simple way to send money abroad from your home computer. It can be pricey to send funds by debit or credit card, but many bank account or PayPal account transfers have no fee or lower fees.

Xoom Money Transfer Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xoom Money Transfer?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xoom Money Transfer?

Original review: May 13, 2021

When it works its brilliant, fast and cheap. However one would expect that when you do the same thing on the website you will get the same result. That's not the case. When I go to the payment page, sometimes you get the choice of payment methods (from Paypal balance, your linked bank accounts or credit card), which I want and which works well. But 3 out of 4 times it goes to another page where I have to choose between bank card or credit card, and you need to fill your credit card details. I don't want that. Why does it take different processes at different times? It's just a Wow/happy-reaction if the site suddenly decides to take you to the correct page. It shouldn't be that way. It should be consistent. It's a Computer. And if you send the problem to the service desk per email, you just get a very generic "how to" advise or excuse which does not consider your problem at all.

Original review: May 7, 2021

I received funds from my brother through PayPal and wanted to transfer the funds into my personal checking account with Rbc, I agreed to all the terms and fees and made the transfer only to get an email stating that the transfer was cancelled and to contact Xoom customer service. 5 days on I contacted customer service only to be told to verify my account which I did. Well now about the transfer into my bank account they now require my most recent statement of account, valid government id and a utility bill. I said I don’t feel comfortable with sending my statement of account as a void cheque should suffice but no they want a statement of account or the funds will be withheld. I requested to speak to a supervisor only to be put on hold for 3 minutes and yet no supervisor.

I was either going to send them all that they requested with them advising that after all is sent it will take 3-5 days for them to review it before removing the hold on my Xoom account to enable me to make money transfer. Long story short I returned the money to my brother via PayPal as I will never ever be bullied into giving Xoom my statement of account and their threat of holding onto the funds till I meet their requirements. No wonder they have numerous 1 star reviews. A company like yours Xoom should never be in the business of money transfer. Your customer service representatives are also rude, I had to teach the fella not to cut me off when am speaking as I obliged him that courtesy when he speaks. Overall a horrible experience. Avoid them like a plague and use other money transfer services.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Their service is excellent HOWEVER there is one freaking problem and that is they charge your credit card as CASH ADVANCE and not as a normal transaction as they used to in the past. Hence YOU GET HIT WITH CASH ADVANCE FEES AND DAILY INTEREST FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. In that case, it is better to send money through Western Union or a similar service since they have changed their ways of processing the credit card. I have used several times in the past for money transfer and never did they charge me as cash advance, NOW all of a sudden they change their policies. NEVER GONNA USE THEM.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I use Xoom to transfer money to my family in Vietnam for long time. The Xoom fee is $ 2.99 for bank account and $14 for credit card fee for sending $ 1200. In December 2020, I transferred $ 1200 by credit card and the credit card fee was charged by Xoom $ 14 then Xoom charge money from my credit card (no cash advances). In February and March 2021, I sending $ 400 and $ 1200 to my family and the Xoom got $ 7 and $ 14 credit card fees but Xoom got cash advances from my credit card so the Fidelity company charged cash advances fee and interest for me. The Xoom is a scam company, they charge a credit card fee but get cash and do not notify customers.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I understand that they want me to send in my bank statement. I get it, I really do. What I don't get is why the want to see all of the pages and if I send in all the pages why do they get upset if I redacted my transactions? I blacked out the transactions but I left the dates and amounts of each transaction. I cannot understand how that is relevant to their verification process. If their concern is keeping the customer safe then why are we sending our identification cards and bank statements to the PHILIPPINES? I have been waiting for a week and they still haven't replied to my email so as I'm writing this I'm on hold waiting for a supervisor at Xoom. I'm sure this is a big waste of time but I'll keep you updated.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I started using Xoom about 5 years ago and do about 3 transfers (bank to bank) a month since I live part of the time in Colombia. I usually would get my money to my bank in Colombia within 2 or 3 hours. Yesterday (Feb 24) for the first time when I transferred 200 dollars the system said that there was an error and transfer did not go thru. I waited a couple of hours and was going to send another transfer but checked my email and the transfer had gone thru. After 4 or 5 hours I still did not get my money into Colombia. I called them and now they said it would take no later than Mar 1. I checked my bank account in USA this morning and the money had been withdrawn but still the money was not in Colombian bank account. I am very disappointed since I need my money now. Anyone recommend another "transfer company".

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

5 days ago I logged into PayPal to move the money from that account to my checking. My request was rerouted to Xoom. Xoom took $500.00 FROM my checking account, instead of depositing my PayPal funds into my checking account. Over 3 hours after I found out & several bad experiences with Xoom customer service I had a cancellation logged for THEIR mistake,..and told it will take 4-5 more days to move my own money back to my checking account, then another 4-5 to move the monies from PayPal to my checking account & advised to report this to my bank. I did,..My bank classified this as fraud & now it is 45 days before they finish their investigation,..which means they gave Xoom 45 days longer to keep my money.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I used Xoom to deposit money into my my sister's and my bank account. The money was never deposited. I don't think they even have sent the money let alone be deposited. They don't reply to my emails or pick up my calls. So clearly my money was stolen and there is nothing I can but to write this review to alert others.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I've tried to get my money from PayPal using Xoom, Friday. Now (Monday evening) my money still on hold, because I needed to upload ID, and now they send a notification that I need to upload some address verification... but I can't as the website always says when I try to upload a bank statement (both in jpg, or pdf format) "unexpected error, try again", and same again and again... Xoom android app gives me different error, but the result is same.

I've been waiting for 15 minutes for customer service to connect to a human, and the Indian woman, through the very low quality line, with her Indian English accent said that they encounter problem, which will be fixed in 1 hour... That was 3 hours ago, still getting the same errors... So Xoom is awfully slow, lots of downtimes.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Terrible company and service. They would not process my international money transfer. I had to call them to verify the transaction and they denied me because they couldn't verify my identity. They wouldn't explain in more detail. Don't use Xoom. Use another money transfer service.

Xoom Money Transfer Company Information