PayPal

• 0%
  • 2%
  • 92%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PayPal?
    Customer Service

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Had to send $100 odd to my brother in the UK, to reply a small debt. Had a MOST unfortunately instead experience with one of Xoom's competitors, who shall remain nameless. On the contrary, PayPal and its subsidiary Xoom handled the transaction as.if there was nothing to it. -Very impressive. It was also an advantage already to have an account with PayPal; gave me the confidence of knowing a dialog could be established if anything went wrong. Nothing did. Well done, y'all.

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Very surprising to see Paypal at a 1 star, this is the most reliable payment platform I've ever used and it's been well over a decade since I've used them consistently. This is a great, dependable site that will absolutely help you. Never had an issue, but I've also never broken their rules... it's easy to color within the lines when you know your money is safe.

J C

Maybe a good platform for you but as you said yourself you don't use them consistently. I am a remodeling contractor and I use invoice simple to run the business. It's a good platform and looks extremely professional. Easy to use and even the mobile app bangs out an estimate quickly. The problem is they only use PayPal for cc/debit payment. I've had my account frozen 2x in ten months. Never broke the rules and don't use them unless the customer has really no choice. Zero stars from me

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Process

Reviewed April 14, 2024

Had to write this review. I gave 5 Stars. If I could give 6 I would because PayPal as your back. The process is a Little longer but if you're in the right it's worth it. Walmart obviously set my package to a different address Just sent a picture of my door and the picture that they had of where they dropped off my merchandise well I went through with Walmart was terrible but PayPal had my back. I've never lost a dispute because when you're in the right you're in the right and that PayPal by your side is comforting. Thank you PayPal.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

I like PayPal so much. It's super convenient for my online shopping. I don't have to keep entering my credit card details every time I make a purchase and also Almost everywhere I shop online accepts PayPal. It's like a universal way for me to pay for things.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 25, 2024

The worst of the worst! If they can find an excuse to keep your money for a couple of weeks and collect the interest on it, they will! Pretty ironic, getting ripped off in the name of security! "Oh we're just protecting your account from fraud" and collecting interest on millions of customers balances. I've heard they make thousands of dollars a day by causing us to be late on rent and go without lifesaving meds. I may go to the hospital but I swore I'd never go back after they decided it's a crime to seek relief from pain. So I'll probably just give up on it all! I'm sick of this!

So wonder they didn't already kill me with a stroke or a heart attack. I spent 10 and 1/2 hours on the phone arguing with them, they're trying to tell me my phone is not a valid number and I've had this number 3 months and got text and phone calls from everybody but them. I think they saw I changed my number and her take advantage of the fact that they can keep my money a little longer until I can verify my phone number once I've been trying to do for 2 months now. First month of the three was the bank spoke, they canceled my card but the last two were freaking PayPal's incompetence.

Price

Reviewed July 24, 2024

Do not use Paypal. I mean this very seriously. Paypal will not refund my purchase even though it was a scam and fraudulent, I have proceeded to attempt to recoup my losses through filing a dispute through my bank because Paypal ruled in favor of a fraudulent online seller twice. Also Paypal allows sellers to increase the original price of your purchase of up to $75.00 without your permission. Steer clear of Paypal at all costs.

Reviewed July 23, 2024

If billing and shipping addresses are different, this app/website is absolutely useless. Nothing works regardless of what card you use. PayPal makes purchasing online items treacherous. Support is just a bunch of automated trash messages. 0 stars.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 23, 2024

It seems like a lot of people are being scammed this year. I’m just extremely disappointed by the response I got. I disputed 2 charges sent to the same Bank of America account by a hacker that completely drained all my money and their response was it was consistent with my PayPal history. My history is 2 transactions to my own personal bank account. Not consistent at all nor did it address my complaint.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed July 20, 2024

I've had the worse experience with PAYPAL and the resolution team and backend department really don't care about truth and who is right and who is wrong. I filed 2 claims with paypal in which 2 separate charges were made for the same issue of a service not being completed by the seller involved in which the seller failed to pay the worker to complete the service. Once I was able to get in contact with the worker he advise me that the seller only paid him $29.91 out of the $160 that I sent for the services to be completed. He also sent a email discontinuing his services due to her failure of payment.

I requested my money back. She denied it and wished negative things on me and my life. I forward all of the evidence to PAYPAL. Paypal approved the 1st claim and denied the 2nd claim. I called multiple times asking why is the 2nd claim (which was of a higher amount) is being denied if it's for the same issue as the first claim. The only reason they weren't together is because it was two separate charges so I had to file 2 separate claims. PAYPAL came up with every excuse in the book from the seller stating that she sent over the product which was not a complete product that I paid for. To her accusing me of scamming her although she is the one I paid to complete a service in which she failed to pay the worker but she's accusing me of scamming smh to she paid a third party and doesn't know what they did with the funds etc.

PAYPAL sided with the seller J. ** and stated in which I have a recording, that they understand that she didn't complete the product that I paid for but because she did a service they will not be approving the claim. So basically for example if I paid for 5 candles to be made and the seller only send back 1 candle instead of 5 candles then I'm out of luck because they would not approve the refund being that she sent A CANDLE back even though I paid for 5 smh and all she got to do is say she paid a third party to do it. PAYPAL will run with the excuse of a seller mentioning third parties and that it's out of their control etc. smh. The representative agreed and that was pretty much it smh. Yet they approved the 1st claim of the lesser amount for the same issues with the same evidence. Make it make sense PAYPAL.

Reviewed July 18, 2024

24 year customer. No issues until this year when I ordered a tablet from a merchant and received one with specs different than advertised. Engaged PayPal under their Buyer Protection and they were not willing to refund me unless per the seller I shipped the item to a foreign country (not the one I purchased it in) at MY expense and refused to force the seller to provide a mailing label even though that was in the seller's return policy. And all this took so long that I'm now outside the time period to file a dispute with the credit card company. And despite numerous inquiries, they have yet to provide me with the mailing address of their legal department.

PayPal author review by Tammy Burns

PayPal was founded in 1998, and eBay acquired it in 2002. The company now has nearly 200 million active customers, and in 2015 the company hosted approximately 4.9 billion transactions. Customers in more than 200 countries can use the company’s services and hold money in their accounts in 25 different currencies. Consumers can use the service to transfer money to other individuals, pay bills, make online purchases, make donations and obtain financing.

• Online payments: Consumers can use PayPal to check out on millions of websites. Those who are uncomfortable putting their credit card information on lots of different sites can pay with PayPal, ensuring their information is stored with a single company.

• Credit: PayPal Credit is the company’s financing option, which lets customers have flexible payment options. It can be used online, in stores and even to send money to someone else. Availability is subject to credit approval.

• App: Using the PayPal app, customers can make purchases in brick-and-mortar stores with their PayPal account, send money from their mobile device and check out with PayPal when shopping on their device. The app is available for Apple, Android and Microsoft devices.

• Recurring payments: Consumers can use their PayPal account to set up recurring payments for subscriptions for a variety of services, including Spotify, Netflix, Angie’s List, match.com, ancestry.com and more.

• Fees: Customers do not pay fees when they make a purchase with their PayPal account. When consumers send money to another individual’s PayPal account and use money already in their PayPal account or in a bank account linked to their PayPal account, there is no fee.

by Tammy Burns Deputy Editor, Personal Finance

A former finance phobe, Tammy now devotes her career to ensuring that people don’t make the same money mistakes she once did. Her work has appeared in Fortune, the Toronto Star, Advisor’s Edge, Greedy Rates, and Money Under 30. She joined ConsumerAffairs in 2023. Tammy studied magazine publishing at Toronto Metropolitan University and has a BA in psychology from York University, and her earlier journalism took her from editing law books to writing restaurant reviews to reporting live from the Eyjafjallajökull eruption in Iceland. A part-time digital nomad, Tammy calls Toronto home but has also lived in Chiang Mai, Prague, Glasgow and rural Crete.

PayPal Company Information