3.8/5 (1115 ratings)

About Venmo

Venmo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Venmo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Venmo?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I like Venmo because it is convenient, easy and allows me to keep track of transactions. I also, like the fact that I have a credit card with Venmo and can use that for transactions as well. I feel the fees are in line and comparable to other transfer services and we have a choice to wait for a no fee transfer or an immediate transfer for as mall fee. All money transfer services have a fee and I understand that however, I prefer Venmo and another reason is many of my clients have the Venmo App and it makes it much more simple when a quick service is needed.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

This is the best thing since sliced bread. My grandkids are away at college and anytime they need money I can send it safely to them and they get it immediately. I don’t have to worry if they need something. Also at my age it stops me from having to run out and wire it to them, which I did in the past. This is so convenient. Sometimes too convenient if you know what I mean.

Get buying tips about Money Transfer delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Venmo is quick and intuitive. They make it easy to transfer money between friends and businesses. I have found it easy to transfer money to my personal bank account in a reasonable amount of time if I want it fast on a small service charge that doesn't affect the principal of my cash availability. I really appreciate that they ask for confirmation when sending to new individuals compared to other apps that don't verify and take a long time to recover data.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I find this service to very friendly to people who do not have a smart phone, their service is very easy to use, the quick delivery of funds is very satisfying. We have told all three of our daughters and they now use this service much more than I do. We all are very happy the way it works.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Venmo is wonderful for sending money to friends and family. I used to send checks and they would have to cash them or if I send cash sometimes they wouldn't receive it. It's an instant transfer and so easy to use. I just can't imagine how hard that was to fit to endure the kind childhood in it be so alone.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Venmo froze my account after trying to purchase MOVIE tickets for $135.14. I regularly use Venmo to send hundreds of dollars a month. They said to follow the instructions in the application. There were none because I was using Venmo from a movie theater online website. So, I contact them and they forward my information to another department. They won't unfreeze my account unless I send them my ID and a selfie. What does this prove? Nothing, my ID is not associated with Venmo, only my email and a phone number. Yes, my phone number is paid for by me, so that will match but Verizon won't verify anything to a third party. My bank account is also associated with Venmo, but they won't give out any information to a third party either. I can't get them to transfer my balance, $750, to the bank account on file without doing so. This seems wrong as obviously the account belongs to me because THEY VERIFIED IT!

Original review: May 11, 2022

This company has stole over 4K from me. They will take your money, side with illegal sellers and lock your account until you pay what they stole from you. This company is a absolute TRASH. Do not use it.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I sent money to my son's account not knowing he has never had good luck with Venmo. He wasn’t able to access it and both he and I got the runaround when we called- I’m out $50! And he never received the money he needed.

Original review: April 30, 2022

Someone sent me 300 for my Bills to Venmo and we are on week 2 with my account still being frozen. I sent in my ID. Verify. Now wants bank statements from cards I have linked to venmo. Won't even let me send it out or refund it.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Tried to get an account so coworkers could contribute for the boss's birthday present. Verified my bank account, and sent picture proof of that I am who I said I am and Venmo still wouldn't allow incoming money. When I asked why they were still freezing my account. Venmo said it is at their "sole discretion" to freeze or refuse to allow access to my account. I asked again what did I do wrong or still needed to do. They responded that my account was frozen permanently due to a transaction that May has breached their policies. In other words, once they had my personal information, they refused to activate the account. I even asked what transaction MAY have breached their policies since no transactions were made. Don't waste your time go with PayPal or Chime card instead.

Venmo author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Venmo, owned by PayPal, was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in New York. The service lets individuals easily pay one another for their part of a restaurant check, group-purchased gift, utility bill and more. It is popular among younger customers and college students.

• Facebook: New users have the option of signing up for a Venmo account with their Facebook login credentials, which makes signing

• App: Venmo’s app, available for iOS and Android devices, allows customers to send and receive money easily using their mobile device.

• Fees: Users who send money from their Venmo account, a linked bank account, a debit card or a prepaid gift card do not pay any transfer fee. Those who use a credit card must pay a three percent fee. There is no charge for paying for purchases in other mobile apps using a Venmo account. Receiving money is also free.

• Payment options: Venmo users can pay for several other services and products in third-party apps, like Gametime and Parking Panda.

• Request feature: When friends agree to pay a customer using Venmo, the customer can send a reminder with the click of a request button in the app. This feature removes the awkwardness from reminding others they owe the user money.

Venmo Company Information