Venmo

Compare Money Transfer and International Money Transfer Services

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It's a money transfer service through PayPal that allows you to send money via mobile. You can link your debit card, bank account or credit card to your Venmo account. It is really easy and safe to use. The extra services that are include is linking your debit card to your Venmo account. You can also link your bank account. The other option is linking you credit card which there is a 3% fee with each transaction. The only additional fees is when you link your credit card to your Venmo account. Here you will be charged a 3% fee with every transaction that you make. The customer service at Venmo is great. They are there when you need and help you with any issues that may arise. They are very knowledgeable about their products so you have nothing to worry about.

Venmo is a fast and easy way to send money to people electronically. It allows you to request for payment from your friends or pay them back for things that they have covered for you. Once you decide to request or pay someone, you have to post about what the transaction is for. If you receive payment from a friend, the money will go towards your Venmo balance where you can decide to have it deposited in your account, or keep it part of your Venmo account to send to other friends when paying them back. Its services are excellent and unlike anything I have ever used or seen. It is extremely innovative and takes away the issue of having to get someone the exact cash that you owe them. Its services are very easy to understand as well.

I do not like apps that are free, but ask for an additional fee. So far, I have not encountered any fees on Venmo, and hope that I will not have to in the future. I have never used asked for customer service, since the app is super easy to navigate, but I am sure it is fantastic, based on how amazing the app is.

Various options are available to use where there is at least one option for every situation that a person could possibly be in and usually 2-3 options for the most common financial situation. I'm not too familiar with the "extra" services that are offered. I never have looked into them because I never needed any other services more than what was readily available. I put satisfied because I'm not sure of the fees. I was never charged fees. The free service that I used I was happy with the fees obviously since there weren't any. I never needed to contact the customer service department so I can't comment or rate their service properly.

I always transfers to my bank acct or my kids. It is an easy set up and simple to use. Just makes it easier to pay or get paid right at home right to your acct. Click that you want to get your money from it and then you choose where you would like it to go and it is in your bank by next day. I use it to transfer money to my kids and when they pay some back to go back in acct for them to use for further dates. It is simple to use right to your bank. I have had not any extra fees like Western Union and MoneyGram does. You get or send the exact amount that is needed. So it cost less in the long run. I have not personally had to call customer service for anything at all. We have never had any issues that requires to speak to anyone and I am so glad for that.

Was very easy to use and very quick to send and receive money. Locations were convenient and fees were very fair compared to other companies fees. There were many different extra services to choose from although I did not choose any on this occasion as there were none that fit my needs. The additional fees and services seemed fair, although I did not add on any extra services at the time of my transaction. The options were wide and the fees very reasonable. I did not have a whole lot of interaction with the customer service staff but the interactions I did have were pleasant enough and I did not have any issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Venmo?

They offer a lot of options for security and to transfer money quickly. They also offer ways to be able to protect your money and I am actually impressed with it more than PayPal. The service is pretty outstanding. The quality of their product is pretty good. I do not trust many online pay programs but this one I do. It makes it easier and sufficient to send bills. One area I am not satisfied with... I do not like the fees they charge. They could lower them a bit. That is the only downfall to this service. The customer service answers my questions and also lets me know if there's a problem. If I need to check a payment, they are quick to answer me and provide me with useful feedback.

Easy way to SEND or receive money! Cheap fees and easy to use. Quick services! I sent money with next day shipping and it arrived on time. I used the money next day to send money to my mother. It arrived on time and without any issues! I had no problems and low fees made it easy to send money. There were low fees. I think it was @2.95 to send money next day which is not bad at all. I thought it sent fast and a great speed. No additional fees.

Venmo is a digital money transfer that works instantly drawing funds from your Venmo account or your bank or debit card. I'd recommend to anybody who doesn't have time to deal with money transfers. Digital peer-to-peer payments is the way to go and Venmo is an offshoot of PayPal who's been doing it for years; it charges 3% for a credit card use as it takes time to process. Additional fees is only 3% per peer-to-peer transaction; for instance, if you order a couple of pizzas it won't be as much as a single slice. As a PayPal subsidiary, it works hard at customer service since other digital wallets are coming on board fast as in Square; customer reviews are great so far on Venmo for customer service.

It's similar to Paypal but safer in a sense in terms of transferring money. You have all the options of Western Union such as transfer, deposit, and withdrawal. It's not very widely known like paypal is but those of you who have given it a chance will come to love it just as much if not more than paypal. Like most banks do they charge a small fee for transfers to accounts that aren't within the U.S, it's just a security deposit in a sense to keep your funds safe. Their customer service is 10x better than paypal. They actually take the time to contact you back in regards to your inquiry and issues in a timely manner.

It was okay, would be better if it is easier to understand. It is not very convenient. Many people have never heard of it. Please make it more known. Needs to be available in more areas. Nothing extra was available and the flexibility was not what I expected. Need more options and more user-friendly. Would be nice if there was available help if needed. There should not be any fees associated with these transactions, it is already hard enough to make the payments without added fees. It should be a free service to many or people who qualify. Customer service reps are rude and uncaring. They should be sympathetic to your situation and problems. They should act and sound like they enjoy their job and be more friendly, maybe ask how your day is or something nice.

This was easy to use and I had a few options on the way I would want to transfer money to the receiver. Its secure and safe as well. I would recommend this method to anyone. The services are easy, safe and secure. The customer service is always helpful as well. I have never had any problems when I use this service. The fees are not bad at all. They are low in my opinion so most all others charge a fee as well. This one seems to be the lowest I think. The customer service is outstanding. They are always ready to help. They are very friendly no matter what you may need. They will help you as long as you need it.

Very slow and could have been a lot faster. Really didn't like it. Needs to be a lot better and faster to use. Would not use it again at this time. Their services are good. I wish they was a lot better. I may or may not try them again. It just depends how I'm feeling at the time about it. I don't having to pay additional fees for services. They need to make them free for the customers especially with direct deposit and etc. Their customer service isn't the best in the world. They act like they don't want to talk to you or help you when you call them.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Venmo, owned by PayPal, was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in New York. The service lets individuals easily pay one another for their part of a restaurant check, group-purchased gift, utility bill and more. It is popular among younger customers and college students.

• Facebook: New users have the option of signing up for a Venmo account with their Facebook login credentials, which makes signing
  • App: Venmo’s app, available for iOS and Android devices, allows customers to send and receive money easily using their mobile device.
  • Fees: Users who send money from their Venmo account, a linked bank account, a debit card or a prepaid gift card do not pay any transfer fee. Those who use a credit card must pay a three percent fee. There is no charge for paying for purchases in other mobile apps using a Venmo account. Receiving money is also free.
  • Payment options: Venmo users can pay for several other services and products in third-party apps, like Gametime and Parking Panda.
  • Request feature: When friends agree to pay a customer using Venmo, the customer can send a reminder with the click of a request button in the app. This feature removes the awkwardness from reminding others they owe the user money.
  • Best for Venmo is best for individuals who frequently split checks or bills with friends or family members.

Compare Money Transfer and International Money Transfer