Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

168 Wells Fargo Auto Loans Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2019

My vehicle is paid off now. Never had a problem with customer service. Also, I never had a problem with my loan, although my interest rate was higher since it was a used vehicle. I would finance with them again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Me personally, I didn't have any major issues with my loan company Wells Fargo regarding the entire process. However, I do think I could have gotten a better deal with another company. My next car loan will be better researched.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I would not have thought of Wells Fargo when purchasing a car, but they came through with a great interest rate and lower payments than I expected so I am truly grateful to Wells Fargo. One thing I can tell anyone is do not count them out for your financial needs.

Original review: July 11, 2019

WFDS has been a great servicer of my high interest loan. While I certainly disagree with being considered a poor credit risk, in the very few instances I dealt with them other than paying. (Convenient online hooked to checking account) They always are cordial and respectful. The one "issue" I have is that in my Chapter 7 discharge I affirmed this loan to keep my car. It is reported as discharged as opposed to current and on time. I could use the good creditor report toward my FICO etc scores.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Had two auto loans with Wells Fargo. Got a good interest rate both times. They also are very efficient in the administration of the loan throughout the life of the loan. I would definitely use them again in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Wells Fargo sells satisfied debts to collectors, en masse. Harassing debt collection practices. The payments that Jon ** and I have paid settled this account/judgement; including all principal, interest, late charges, penalties and assessments, which reduced my/his account balance to zero. This closed the account. Consider this letter as a demand to cease and desist contact by phone or mail, with threats of seizure of; property, harassment and abuse by letter and multiple calls to/of me, by multiple mass collection purchasers. The payment and settlement of this referenced collection is irrevocable.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Where to begin??? I've had 2 auto loans with Wells Fargo Dealer Services. Biggest damn mistake of my life. First auto loan back in 2009. Long story short they had crooked as hell "Collection Reps" Mellissa & Debra. They would call up, say we were "behind" on payments and demand "X" amount of dollars or they would send a repo man within 24 hours.

The first time this happened they stated we owed $1900 and had 24 hours to pay, So yep we paid it. That money was never posted to our auto loan. 2nd time it happened same two individuals. This time they stated $980. Gave us 12 hours to pay...So yep sent it again after borrowing from family. That was never posted to our auto loan account either...Mind you this was only an $8000 dollar car loan to begin with people. 3rd time it was Forced Placed Insurance. They tacked on $1200.00 to loan for 6 month ins. Policy raising our monthly car payment by $200 a month. They did this for 3 years straight and yes I had my own personal full coverage on this vehicle the entire duration of the loan. They reported us 30 days late to credit bureaus 21 times. Destroyed our credit and laughed about it, taunting us on the phone. Then I find out a year later a Fake account was opened in my name.

Fast forward to 2014 we go to trade that vehicle in get something newer. The damn dealership never informed us we didn't actually get "Approved" for a loan until after we signed papers and had already traded our vehicle in and took new one home. 2 days later we get a call from dealership stating no bank would finance us. Wonder why...oh, right the FALSE 21-30 day late on our credit report. Ok, so dealership calls back stating they have sent all papers to our Previous Auto Loan Carrier...None other than Wells Fargo Dealer Services. "They picked up the loan" the dealership says. Oh, Great. Not wanting to return our new vehicle I accepted it. Big damn mistake.

To date we have been hit with 25-30 Day lates on our credit reports. I said, "WTF. No way." I made online account, went in and we currently have $1400 in LATE FEES. This $1400 has been tacked onto payoff on our vehicle. So I pull entire Payment history starting with first month of new loan also gathering all my bank statements & Western Union payments. It took days of working on this but I found the issue... We made 2 payments back to back in November 2015 only the bank payment shows. The Western Union payment was NEVER posted. So I immediately call Wells Fargo Dealer Services. I explained everything. They say we need the Western Union receipt faxed.

I immediately went down to local store & faxed it. They opened a case with "Payment Research Center". That was almost 4 weeks ago. So far I have faxed this damn receipt 4 times. I have also scanned/emailed it. I have went through numerous departments and 2 supervisors. The last Supervisor agreed. He can see the problem but couldn't fix it.

I finally emailed & stated I am looking for an attorney to audit my auto account with them. Ok, I get IMMEDIATE response stating this has been referred to "Office of The WFDS President" Great. Awesome. I received 1 phone call now from that office. The woman basically tells me I need the receipt. "Great because I emailed it to your office 24 hours ago." "Well, I don't have it. I will look for it I guess." I mean What? I said, "Look...The payments were made on this car every single month like clockwork for the past 5 Years. Not only did I not get 1 single point of credit for it...we have 25- 30 day lates showing on credit report and $1400 tacked on to payoff on my loan in Late Fees." She has the damn nerve to say to me, "Even IF we fix it we will only fix credit report for anything After the error."

I cannot tell you how I held my composure. We have had money outright STOLEN from us and split between 2 crooked collection reps, I have had a fake account opened in my name, we endured & paid 3 Years of Forced placed Insurance despite having full coverage of our own on the vehicle, they have desecrated, destroyed & ripped apart our credit, tacked on $1400 in FALSE LATE FEES, and hit our credit reports with 25- FALSE 30 day lates. Our 1st auto loan with these crooks was 29.9% Interest. The 2nd auto loan with these crooks 14.2% Interest. Now here we sit at 40 years old, can't buy a home due to our credit, can't get financed for a new auto loan due to our credit. It has literally destroyed our lives. We are unable to get financed for anything due to this company and their crooked thieving business practices.

I am telling you people. If you don't think this can happen to you...Finance with this crooked company & just wait. They have gotten away with this for many, many years...That November 2015 Western Union payment I have cold hard PROOF of. I have waited 4 weeks for my account to be Fixed & our Credit to be fixed. They have done Nothing, Zilch, Nada. They have the PROOF as well yet are basically refusing to correct it. We are looking for an attorney to put a lawsuit against them. They have literally destroyed our lives. We cannot put a price on that.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

They claim they had to charge off the loan, yet I paid it in full. This is currently the only negative item on the credit report. This poor report is costing me more money. They need to change it to the truth, account was Paid In Full.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've had my car for two years going on 3 yrs. I fell on hard times and I missed one payment so i knew that I would be a few days behind. I pay Wells Fargo every two weeks with payments being set-up online. At first they were so nice and understanding, at least that's what I thought. And now Wells Fargo calls me every single day twice a day to tell me I'm 14 days behind my note. Days not months, days. Wells Fargo should be ashamed of themselves for calling someone everyday twice a day. When I complained about the calls, this hefa tells me, they are courtesy calls. No, courtesy calls don't come through twice a day everyday. ** that's called HARASSMENT PERIOD!

My last name changed and I sent them paperwork and they refused to change the last name so now when they call me they asking for the wrong last name. I'm not going to send in my personal documents again because Wells Fargo incompetent. I get a call at 8am and then at 2pm. That's not a courtesy call stupid. ** harassment. Now I have to black Wells Fargo because of the harassment calls. In the beginning they were cool but the minute I missed one damn payment, Wells Fargo feels the need to harassment for payment. WELLS FARGO YOU ARE SOME ** AND I'M BLOCKING YOUR NUMBER. GTFOH.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Site seems very easy to navigate, and until I had my accounts on computer hacked - HAVING TO THEN CHANGE ALL PW on every site or account I've ever had, I would have rated their website 4/5 stars. However - to save the planet I opted out of paper statements. BIG MISTAKE. You cannot get your account info or account number unless you log in. Guess what - you can only call CS and add the most annoying to "thank you for holding... we appreciate your continued patience"... OR, "your call is important to us, continue to hold, an agent will assist you shortly" message loops every 15 secs with elevator music from hell.

Paying via the site is pretty painless, and seems very intuitive. The problem is basically you need CS for ANY problem via the site. I was stuck with Wells Fargo (whom I loathe from student loans) via Carmax's own banking program. Add their sketchy business practices of late with adding credit cards to account holders w/o their knowledge or consent - and I would rather not deal with them. Corporate America - hello end user.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans expert review by Lauren Fix

Wells Fargo is one of the most widely recognized names in the finance and lending world. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a large, nationwide team.

• Low rates: Wells Fargo is known for being able to offer customers with good credit histories loans with extremely low rates compared with other auto loan companies. Current customers of Wells Fargo Bank can receive discounted rates.

• Refinancing: In addition to securing loans, they also help applicants manage their payments and find ways to lower their monthly payments.

• Auto equity: Wells Fargo helps customers to get a loan for debt consolidation using the equity of their car.

• Easy application process: The company makes it easy for customers to apply online with a simple online application form that only requires minimal personal and financial history information. This allows applicants to hear back about the company's decision right away. It’s easy to apply in as little as 5 – 10 minutes.

• Support: Their auto-loan specialists provide customer support in a myriad of forms, including online chat, phone, and e-mail. This makes it convenient for customers to receive support no matter what method of communication is best for them.

• Best for: Consumers with good credit, those looking to refinance their loan or those who want to consolidate their auto loan debt.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information