Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Reviews

Original review: July 20, 2019

My vehicle is paid off now. Never had a problem with customer service. Also, I never had a problem with my loan, although my interest rate was higher since it was a used vehicle. I would finance with them again.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Me personally, I didn't have any major issues with my loan company Wells Fargo regarding the entire process. However, I do think I could have gotten a better deal with another company. My next car loan will be better researched.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2019

I would not have thought of Wells Fargo when purchasing a car, but they came through with a great interest rate and lower payments than I expected so I am truly grateful to Wells Fargo. One thing I can tell anyone is do not count them out for your financial needs.

Original review: July 11, 2019

WFDS has been a great servicer of my high interest loan. While I certainly disagree with being considered a poor credit risk, in the very few instances I dealt with them other than paying. (Convenient online hooked to checking account) They always are cordial and respectful. The one "issue" I have is that in my Chapter 7 discharge I affirmed this loan to keep my car. It is reported as discharged as opposed to current and on time. I could use the good creditor report toward my FICO etc scores.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Had two auto loans with Wells Fargo. Got a good interest rate both times. They also are very efficient in the administration of the loan throughout the life of the loan. I would definitely use them again in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Have had my loan for several years (only 2 years left), never missed or late on a payment. I called to ask for a deferment. Was told you can have three in the lifetime of the loan, they must be one year apart and that I qualify. Never asked for one before. Was transferred to finance department where they hassled me on the reason. Gave several legitimate reasons and was told no for all of them. I see other reviews saying same thing, one even said she has CANCER and was going to be out of work!! Why bother offering something to make "it sound good" and then not honor it. A lot of other banks don't even ask a reason!! Know several people who have deferred a payment more than once, no problem from their bank. What a joke! I will never finance another car through from them. They don't care about their loyal paying customers.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I have spent over 3 hours on the phone in the past 2 days trying DESPERATELY to get a lien release. Everyone I speak to has a different story and another hoop for me to jump through. Their customer service is incompetent and horrendous.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I took a loan with them and never missed a payment. Have only 5 more payments to go. When I requested a deferment after making on time payments - they made the process very difficult. Then I received a call locally from their Buffalo office, of why I did not make a payment? I had to fax them I had an APPROVED deferment, or they were going to give me a hard time. Recently, I found out I had to have cancer surgery with a period of a few months recuperating. The customer service person supposedly discussed my need for a hardship with someone and said, "NO, we cannot help you. Find someone that will help you make the final payments." I was so very hurt and angry, I terminated the call. They have no compassion and could care less. Please go elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Wells Fargo will treat you as a number, they are rude and couldn't care less what your opinion is on customer service. I have a car loan with them mow, and I'm in the process of refinancing through a new lender. I don't have to put up with rude behavior.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I sold a vehicle that I currently had a loan with Wells Fargo on. I sold my vehicle, and the private party's bank sent a check to Wells Fargo to payoff the vehicle. That way the title could be released. It took Wells Fargo 13 days to finally process the release of the lein so the new owners could get the vehicle registered. Wells Fargo doesn't care about the haste of what they do. They do not care about the consumer. I will never work with this company again.

Not sure about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Wells Fargo Auto Loans expert review by Lauren Fix

Wells Fargo is one of the most widely recognized names in the finance and lending world. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a large, nationwide team.

• Low rates: Wells Fargo is known for being able to offer customers with good credit histories loans with extremely low rates compared with other auto loan companies. Current customers of Wells Fargo Bank can receive discounted rates.

• Refinancing: In addition to securing loans, they also help applicants manage their payments and find ways to lower their monthly payments.

• Auto equity: Wells Fargo helps customers to get a loan for debt consolidation using the equity of their car.

• Easy application process: The company makes it easy for customers to apply online with a simple online application form that only requires minimal personal and financial history information. This allows applicants to hear back about the company's decision right away. It’s easy to apply in as little as 5 – 10 minutes.

• Support: Their auto-loan specialists provide customer support in a myriad of forms, including online chat, phone, and e-mail. This makes it convenient for customers to receive support no matter what method of communication is best for them.

• Best for: Consumers with good credit, those looking to refinance their loan or those who want to consolidate their auto loan debt.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information