Wells Fargo Auto Loans

Compare Auto Loans

Research top Auto Loans recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Tonight when I was taking our dog out, noticed that our car was gone - a 2008 Chevy Malibu. I am assuming that they took the car but the problem is we didn't receive a notice by registered mail or certified or 15-day notice to come up with what is owe so according to the Wisconsin self-help law they have basically stole our car. I have a husband who is disabled and elderly, so am I. We live on a fix income. No way now to get around so basically left us strand. No public transportation. Would not recommend them as good company to do business with.

I can relate to Taisha of Jacksonville, FL on how Wells Fargo will increase the monthly car payment loan for insurance coverage. I've had my car for over a year now and have experienced nothing but headache after headache dealing with this company. Just like another person stated up here, I purchased my car from a shady car dealership and had nothing but trouble mechanically and financially. How can you increase the monthly payments without even notifying the owner of the vehicle first? Then after you prove you have insurance still be charged for the insurance coverage after being told "Once it has been proven the insurance coverage is effective the insurance coverage will be removed from the account and your payments will go back to the normal monthly payment."

Now Wells Fargo dealer services is stating I never had coverage from the time I left the dealership until I recently switched insurance companies. So my monthly payments will be new amount to cover the time when I didn't have coverage (supposedly). I have read over my entire loan and have yet to see anything that remotely states that will happen if I do not have insurance coverage. I had to deal with a car that has been in the shop most of the time (I wish I never went to that dealership) now to paying more money a month for the stupid non-working car to a company that hopefully will close!!!

My Auto Loan was paid in full, and I received written confirmation of the payoff from Wells Fargo Dealer Services. Over the next two months Wells Fargo's computer system showed my account as overdue/delinquent, and reported the same to the Credit Bureaus. As soon as I discovered this issue and reported the same back to Wells Fargo Dealer Services, I was treated rudely, and felt as though I was just "another issue" that they had to "deal with". I requested that my case be escalated to the "Office of the President" of Dealer Services. The irony with that is the staff at the office of the president is even more rude than the Customer Service Staff.

Dawn Martin Harp, the President of Dealer Services works in Irvine, CA at 23 Pasteur. The main lobby is a fortress of security guards that are even more subversive than the Staff of the Office of the President. That all said, I would NEVER recommend anyone to take a loan from Wells Fargo Dealer Services. As I just told the office of the President, this has been, by far, the worst customer service experience of my life time. So best of luck to you, Dawn Martin Harp, and the rest of your "Crack Team at the Office of the President" for serving up the worst customer experience ever!! Perhaps you should take something away from the lessons learned from your CEO; good business practices (and good customers) do matter!!

Traded in a car at a decently known dealership on late September. Done it about 9 times before. My payment was due mid October but they started calling 5 days after I was past my due date and I told them the car was sold a long time ago but they claimed they haven't received any money. I called the dealer and they said they're late but they'll get it the next day next Saturday morning at 9am. Wells Fargo calls. As soon as I speak they hang up and you can't call them back because they're closed on the weekends. Right away that raised a red flag. That Monday I called them. They keep stating that the dealer hasn't sent the pay off. I called the dealer and they said that they already have. I even got the bill for my new car from a different bank.

So now it's November and they said they still haven't received the pay off. I call major bs. The only way to fix is by getting a lawyer over a car that was sold almost 2 months ago. Like I said I have financed 9 different cars before but it's my first time with Wells Fargo and they're the only ones who act like a collection agency the moment they're going to lose any money so they'll con you if you let them. Now I believe all the negative reviews and I'll make sure to tell everyone to get out of any Wells Fargo deals. It's literally like getting a loan from a collection agency. Since they don't have the money they'll stay making stuff up and since we don't have access to their servers we can't prove them wrong.

Purchased a 2004 Ford ZX2. Payments were on time and sometimes early. I had a balance of less than $2000 left when I got laid off work and my husband was diagnosed with a terminal illness. I called Wells Fargo from home in Albuquerque, NM to repo the car. When it was picked up there were no major damages other than general parking lot dings. Nothing was noted by the tow truck driver who took the car to Phoenix, AZ. Next thing I know Wells Fargo turned in a "collision damage" claim to my insurance. My own insurance paid over $750 to Wells Fargo, they replaced some of the interior and sold the car. They still want me to pay them over $2000. They have sold the account to several different collection agencies and each time the balance goes up.

I have pictures of the car from their own files showing damage that was NOT on that car when they took it. They also created issues with that false claim and my car insurance rates went up because of a "so-called collision". Wells Fargo lied and I want this taken off my credit report. Wells Fargo made a good profit on this and I think their ethics stink all the way around. I also did NOT know until this happened that when they finance a vehicle they also have a so-called "power of attorney" clause added so they can deal with your insurance company without you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

I have had the most complicated issues with these people. This company is a disgrace and unprofessional. I really wish I had done more research on them before I chose to refinance with them. It's beyond disappointing and a huge headache.

Last year I gotta loan through Wells Fargo not by my knowledge however I bought a vehicle from a crooked dealership. They did not send my loan out to my credit union like I'd ask them to. They did however lie to me and told me that they did and that my credit union had turned the loan down which I figured out later on was a lie. Then they told me that Wells Fargo could get me a better interest rate to my credit union could and that I would be better off. Stupidly I believe them. Well my loan with them turned out to be in absolute nightmare. My 425 dollar a month payment within 6 months went up to 852 dollars per month and my interest rate which was supposed to be locked at 2% and it up going up to 14%. I've never heard of this in my life. I didn't know they had on loans on cars

Needless to say there was no way I could keep up on payments and eventually I got 28 days behind at which time they come and repoed the vehicle very sneaky might I add in the middle of the night. The towing company wasn't that bad, they at least knocked on my door and told me what they were doing and let me get my personal items out of my vehicle. Then they told me I could get a hold of the tow company the next day and pay my back due which I was dumbfounded about because it wasn't even 30 days. I called them the next day to find my vehicle. They said they didn't have it and didn't know where I was, this sounded very fishy to me. They told me to call Wells Fargo and they'll tell me where it is.

I called Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo told me that the tow company still had the vehicle. You see my dilemma here? Neither one knows where the vehicle is. Well this run around went back and forth back and forth for nearly two weeks. Needless to say they never actually found the vehicle but they did send me a letter saying that they auction the vehicle off and that I hold them $12,000 to cover the gap of the sale. This will bankrupt me. Wells Fargo is a bunch of crooks. They need to be shut down. Their CEO's need to be put in prison. They've destroyed my credit. They've destroyed my life. I have to start over and I'm 41 years old. This isn't right!

I have an auto loan with Wells Fargo that is almost paid off. So we thought. I switched Insurance companies on 01/01/2016. We have been with Geico for almost a year now. Wells Fargo has been adding Insurance to our auto loan at the rate of 125.00 per month. Which we were not informed of. Although we already had coverage. They came to repo our car yesterday saying we were behind. They said we owe the 125.00 and now late fees on the 125.00 because they have been paying it (Adding it to the loan).

I am floored, I have never heard of such a thing. When we called them out on it they said they would refund one month since we are no longer driving the car. So when I asked for all the documentation for our account for our family attorney to review they said they have no information or details they can give at this time. They said we will have to pay the fees owed then they can go back and apply credits later. I am still in shock. I can't believe a company can do this to hard working americans. We are out $1125.00 /$125.00 per month since January. Plus late fees and towing fees. Is this legal? Help? Any suggestions??

I moved to Florida from Chicago. When I had my car registration done in Florida I had to sign the title over to them until I paid the car off. I paid the car off a few weeks later. They never received the car title and neither did I. When I called Wells Fargo To inquire about the title I was put on hold for over an hour off and on while they tried to get the information. Then told the person in charge was at lunch. Well it was 2:30 in the afternoon. I guess it was a late lunch. They took my phone number and said they would get back to me. I am still waiting.

I financed a auto loan through Wells Fargo Dealer Services. I set up auto-payment at a Wells Fargo branch. I paid the loan off early. I asked them if there was anything I needed to do to stop the auto-payment and was told "no". One day after paying off the loan an additional payment was deducted. When I called Dealer Services they said they had no record of the payment. I sent them proof that the extra payment had been made and they sent me a check, that was short of the amount of the extra payment. I called them again and got some snotty old lady who told me that Wells Fargo Bank didn't know how much was actually owed on the loan from Wells Fargo Dealer Services. She told me to go to the branch and squeeze the money out of them, instead I just canceled my WF credit card.

A couple of years ago, I was on a medical leave, so I contacted WFDS to discuss a skip payment option. They told me I used it before, which was true. I called when I had my first surgery about a year after I purchased the car. They told me the payment was put on the end of the loan but was also told that they have programs to help in hardship situations, which is why I called the second time. I had to speak to about 4 levels of people... and was finally told to send in proof of my hardship. I complied but was still chastised by one of the managers. I explained to her that I was in no condition to tolerate the rude treatment from WFDS and if I'm eligible for the hardship request to approve it and if not to explain why in writing. They approved it and mailed me confirmation.

I thought everything was fine until I recently discovered they had been charging me a late fee every month for the past year!!! They claimed I was a payment behind... my credit was damaged and I had $600 in late fees. I disputed it but was told that they had no record of processing a 2nd hardship payment!! I vowed to find the confirmation letter but to no avail. I'm still looking but figured they kept documentation of customer accounts. So I paid them an extra payment just to stop the late fees from accruing while I pursue my dispute to have the fees removed and adjust my loan balance. They continue to report erroneous info to the credit bureaus.

I have an existing loan that is less than 5k. Today, I finally can unblock the online banking system of Wells Fargo to see my account and make a payment online since using the phone they charge 6.00 dollars fee to make a payment. Found out today I have 274.00 dollars in fees since I have been unemployed since February 2016. I explained to them to have consideration of the late charge fees since I am paying my account with 20 days late but I am paying. I don't have 274 dollars in fees to give away... unemployed people should be exempted for this ridiculous treatment since it's already affecting my credit and why I should be paying these exaggerated fees when I am already paying a high interest rate. This company is a monopoly since it controls all lending and it abuse its power against those who were current for many months in their existing account but now I am still paying but just late.

Someone do something about the way these people steal our hard working money. I thinking never to buy another car if Wells Fargo is going to finance it! By the way if you are trying to pay your account that is just late by 10 days, Wells Fargo will block you from making a payment online or by phone, so I was obligated to speak to representative who never care about my financial stress and financial struggles since I lost my job in Feb 2016. Late fee is 39.00 per charge. Other fee is 10.00 for what? 6.00 for making a payment on the phone. What kind of bank does that to its customers... just the greedy abuse of higher interest rate of 14.24% just because there is only this company that can finance our mortgages and cars! Why there are no more lenders like 10 years ago who will not ripped off with these ridiculous fees and interest rates!

Unlike many on this site, my complaint is not about Wells Fargo Auto Loans themselves, but with their selection of contractors, namely Collateral Solutions of Burlington, NC. Wells Fargo was actually very professional about my loan problems, but the contractor they use to recover property is a coward and thief. And yes, who Wells Fargo contracts to do this is their responsibility. I have no problems with my vehicle being repossessed. But this company did it in the middle of the night and offers limited recovery options for personal property from the vehicle. It is as if they intentionally do so to keep personal property. You must call between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM Monday through Thursday only to schedule an appointment. The appointments are between 10 AM and 2 PM Monday through Thursday only. Then you must call back the day of the appointment to get the address. And in my case the pick up was 35 miles away.

Wells Fargo increase my car payments without notifying me I would receive an increase in payments, and after speaking to customer service, no one would assist in the billing or correction of billing payments that were attached by Wells Fargo insurance department. I was told this is a separate department, and the department decided to attach this bill to my car note which resulted in duplicate insurance coverage on my vehicle. I spoke with a person by the name of Carlos, and another female representative, and even after sending certified mail, Wells Fargo fail to respond to the letter sent to their company to reduce payments back to $454.18 instead of $480.15. I explain to them this would cause a hardship for me even though it is just $26.00 more a month.

I purchase a car and within a week I returned the car to the dealership to be fixed because there was a problem with the airbag panel light. After a few days I was informed that the airbag wouldn't deploy nor would the car pass inspection. I was told the car was unsafe to drive. Luckily, the dealership offered to take the car back and returned the $4000.00 deposit I had paid when I purchased the car. Dealer informed us that he was going to undo the loan, pay it off, cancel it, it would be as if the loan never took place.

I called Wells Fargo to inform them that we no longer had the car or owned the car because the dealer took the car back due to it being unsafe to drive, and returned our deposit and said that he would undo the loan. Wells Fargo said they received the loan payoff request and that they would "unwind" the loan and that I should receive a note from Wells Fargo evidencing that the loan was paid off in a few days.

Unfortunately, I had already set up (too early) an automatic loan payment to go out every month from my checking account. Wells Fargo received my first loan payment while the loan unwinding process was going on. I called Wells Fargo to warn them not to cash my loan payment which had been sent too early in error, and I was assured that they would not apply my payment because the loan was being unwinded, therefore that would not happen.

However, after several phone calls, a lot of stress and almost 3 months later, I still haven't received my reimbursement check. I was informed today again by Wells Fargo that they have done nothing wrong and that they applied my loan payment to the loan pay off and that I should contact the dealer if I want my money back. We did contact the dealer the first time Wells Fargo told us that and of course the dealer said they owed us nothing. The point is, Wells Fargo made a mistake when they applied my payment to a loan that was being cancelled/unwided, due to no fault of mine. This mean that I won't ever get reimbursed. Shame on you Wells Fargo.

When I purchased my 5th wheel with other lender somehow that lender sold my account to Wells Fargo Dealer Service without my choice. I've been with them since 2008. I put more amount on the payment than what the requirement payment showed. My price appeared to stay the same. I contacted them and got some advice of how to rush to pay off this loan. They advised me to pay on 1st and 14th in split payment a monthly. I did and it did not make any difference. I paid more earlier, they charged me more on interest. They did not allow me to pay off my loan quickly as I wish for. When I lost my job. I had no income. I informed them about my situation. They were harassment me every day and request for my payment for almost 3 months till I finally found some money to cover the remain balance. They did not help me at all.

Last, When my 5th wheel's awning broke due to weather. I got insurance to cover the damage. I purchased awning and installed myself. I save about 900 dollars. I could not cashed the check without Wells Fargo Dealer Service's signature. I went in and requested them to sign the check so that way I can get cash out on the balance after I spent the damage. They took my 900 and put in my 5th loan account. I asked why can't I get the cash out. They said I still owe them money and refused to give me balance cash. I was hope to have 900 so I can fix up some more on 5th wheel and did not success. They controlled my insurance money... SMH. I struggled to get refinance with other bank so I can get out of their con business. I could not due to my credit score. I have 8 more years to go to get out of their con business... Still struggle.

They need to get with the program. It is 2016 and they make it so damn hard to pay your bills, if you don't send it via mail they charge you out the **. There are no apps to pay... damn Wells Fargo do better!!! They charge so much money a convenience fee... go to hell Wells Fargo! Crooks.

I was a traveling RN, made good money until my health declined due to cardiac issues including a pacemaker implantation. I had an auto loan with WFDS and paid my car payment. Once on disability, I could no longer afford the payment. I called and called WFDS in an attempt to refinance the loan in hopes I could keep the car. After many calls and a full year and a half later, I was told they had a refi for hardship if you could prove a substantial decrease in income. I applied 3X and was declined 3X even with proof of a HUGE decrease in income. I then had to make the decision of rent and food or car. I had to let the car go.

When they took it, the car was fine except the "H" for Honda was gone off the front. The wrecker company apparently dented and scratched one side of the car and WFDS, instead of just taking the car as they received it, called my insurance company, Progressive, and Progressive opened a claim. Progressive and WFDS said if I couldn't prove I didn't do it, despite my being the customer, it would be paid. In this great USA, I have now been told by 3 big businesses, "the customer is always wrong until the customer can prove otherwise." Something is seriously wrong with that statement. Don't trust your finances or business with Wells Fargo.

I have had a car loan from WFDS for over 3 years and every day you are 1 day behind. They call all hours of the night... They call my ex husband's WORK CELL NUMBER. Been divorced over 10 years!!! When I called to confront the harassment and let them know when my bill would be paid I got to **, street slanging vocabulary reps who proceeded to laugh and mock me on the phone. They also said they will call everyone I know to seek payment... Again a payment that is 15 days behind... You see this name or company RUN!!! I also have two Military Veteran friends whom they came and repo their cars for being 1 month late... These were gentlemen coming home from deployment... This company has no respect for even those that give their life to keep us safe!!! American Disgrace! God Bless our Vets!

When I was in my more money tight days (and bad credit days) I needed a car, and went for one below what I had budgeted. It was a 72 month loan at 15% for a used car that I knew would be reliable. Not the best interest rate, but the best I could get at the time. When the money situation got a little better, I paid more on my loan every month in order to get ahead of it, and my due date would get pushed back leaving me with a sense of relief in case I was down on my luck again. I just paid off my loan a little over a year in advance with no problems from WFDS. They were quick about getting me the titles and paperwork. I wouldn't use them now that my credit is better and there are better options. But at the time, they were probably the only ones willing give me a car loan back then and I paid on time and had no problems.

I have a 60 month loan with only 4 more months to go and I am DONE with them. Never again will I ever deal with that bank. I have a banking background and worked for a billion dollar company as a team lead of the accounts receivable department and it really blew my mind the way payments are posted. When you pay the extra $10.00 in your payment for the late fee they apply it to principal. I had a problem at one point and was paying my payments late but including the 10.00 with the payment each month. They would not let me change my due date. (Another scam they have going.) So they posted all the extra 10.00 payments to Principal instead of late fees. So my bill now reads. Late payments past due $210.00.

I paid every month just couldn't pay on the due date because my source of income date changed. So every month I was charged a late fee because they would not change my due date. That just goes to show they do not care about their customers only the almighty dollar. However I think it works out better for me to have it posted to principal or at least it evens it out. I haven't actually run the numbers. Not that worried.

Lastly you have to be very careful too if you make payments at the branch always check your receipt. I had a teller post my payment to the wrong account. The last 4 digits always show on the receipt make sure they are yours. That caused nasty reps to call my house over and over threatening me to repossess for non payment. At first I ignored them cause I paid then I realized the payment was not posted correctly. I could have had my car repo because of their error. I like a bank that does their job and I don't have to double check their work - this is not that kind of bank. I like a bank that has knowledgeable customer service on the phone - this is not that bank. I like a bank that treats customers with respect and are helpful when unforeseen situations arise - this is not that bank.

These people are LIARS and CON ARTISTS! I have way too much to say for a measly 200 characters. Just HEED MY WARNING: Avoid doing business w/ these SNAKES at ALL COSTS!! You'll save yourself AND your credit report. Thank me later.

I recently encountered difficulty financial circumstances. I am 34 days behind and I spoke with Wells Fargo to see what my options were. I was told that making a payment by Friday and agree to additional payments up front was my only option. I explained that I could not make a payment until the following Friday and could make an additional payment by the end of the month. They proceeded to tell me it didn't make sense to send the payment in if I couldn't give them dates for payments. I went on to tell them, that I was not trying to not make payments but due to my current financial circumstances I couldn't commit to dates. I thought I was speaking to a supervisor because that is who I was told I would be in contact with. I found out during the conversation that I was talking to a repossession specialist.

Jesus proceeded to ask me how much money I had left over from my previous pay and if I could borrow the money to make the payment. I was put off by this because what is left over was none of his business and I explained that I don't borrow money to pay bills. I got tired of the back and forth and said that if he was that inflexible and unwilling to work with me then send the paperwork to take the car back. I then called back to the supervisor Debbie and she again was in my pockets about my money and she repeated that it was not to my interest to send in one payment only. I have never had anyone that I had a bill with not want to work with you for resolution and to work things out. I felt as if WFDS said they weren't going to take the payment. I am waiting for the paperwork to send the vehicle back. It's not worth the headache.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and I am saving my documentation as I run through the streets naked before I pay them another dime. I will see legal action and told them I plan to do so and I will explain to the judge that they declined the payment I offered and were unwilling to work with me. I deeply regret refinancing and leaving GMAC. They were very gracious and understanding when I had fallen behind and they gave me every opportunity to get current. Stay away from WFDS, you will regret it. Then, I get a call from someone inquiring about picking up the car. I haven't signed any paperwork and was told it would be sent in the mail. The person picking up the car said there was no paperwork. I kindly told them, you will not be getting this car until I have signed paperwork. WFDS is the worse.

My husband and I financed two cars back in 2012. No problems with WFB up until recently. Last August 2015 they towed my car because of being behind. When it was reinstated August was paid for, so I thought and they told me. When in all actuality it wasnt. I paid Sept and every month with 1/2 payment in Dec. Well they didn't apply the 1/2 mth payment. Again didn't realize this. Anyways, my car was repo on Easter Sunday. Made payments Feb, March. They informed me that I was behind by two months (because they didnt apply the 1/2 payment to my account). Obviously not good enough. I am disabled and a veteran with some memory loss. They were calling me up to that point to harassment. They had no compassion. They would rather sell my vehicle (after 4 yrs of paying) for less money, losing money on the loan, than working with me and I paying $2000. They refuse to speak with me. Thinking about hiring a lawyer.

Wells Fargo is the Worse auto loan experience I have ever gone through. They start calling the day the payment is due and when you talk to customer service they are very uneducated and rude people. Stay away from Wells Fargo or read the reviews. Everybody's in the same boat.

I have a car loan with Well Fargo and I was on time. Out of nowhere I get a statement saying I needed to pay over 1000 dollars plus current payment. I'm on a limited income so that's near impossible to do at one time. I asked why the amount was that high and they claimed it was that I hadn't had insurance since October and this was in December. I proved I did have insurance that started in September and will continue on to September 2016. They admitted their fault but still left the charges and insisted I pay or have the car repossessed. Well I tried to pay made arrangements and was repossessed the next day. Now it's costing me 1500 to get it out of repossession.

I was told by a woman in the reinstatement department to call another number and ask for a manager that the manager could remove the charges but when I did the woman claimed she couldn't and she wouldn't then tried to say the insurance charges were already removed that I haven't been paying. I was flabbergasted. I in fact have been making my payments but the lady in reinstatement said I was being charged over 400 for the car and insurance monthly. So one of these employees are lying and I know who. Before that I had 20000 from an inheritance and somehow it managed to vanish. I can guess now it was them that took it. Do not bank with Wells Fargo. No loans nothing because they will rob you blind.

I had a 2013 Dodge Caravan. I fell behind on payments so they came and got it. When I ask to lower my interest rate which was 10%, they came back and said it would go higher. So now you paid millions of dollars in fines, but could not lower my interest rate. So now you sell it at auction and I pay what is left is **. You can pay all them fine for screwing people but you cannot write off the money for the van. That's poor all the way around. I would like a big shot to call me so I can tell him all about customer care is. You need to be broke up.

I purchased a 2002 GMC Envoy in 2005 and it was finance through Wells Fargo. I have 72 payments to make. Through the years I had issues with their customer service not noting my concerns and request for extensions in the system. I finally made them to send me all correspondence by mail so I would have a record. I had obtained 6 extensions during the terms of my contract. I was due to pay the truck off 10/2010. By January 2011, I had paid them 69 payment and had 3 to go for a total of 1500 dollars plus late fees. However Wells Fargo had me owing almost 8 thousand dollars instead and noting at the top of bill that I had made 69 payments. I told them I had all the payment slips and could sent them and my contract to them. They refused and said they had all the information in their computer. I ask them did they have any paper copies and was told no.

I filed a complaint with the Missouri Attorney generals office and they did at that time send the AG a copy of the contract, (which I was told they did not have) which the AG send to me and the letter attached from Wells Fargo said that they could charge what they want to. I finally turned the truck in as I was in no way going to pay 8 thousand dollars, I did not owe, because I figured it would look better on my credit. They sold it at auction for almost 8 thousand dollars and still said I owed them 3500 dollars.

I monitor my credit report yearly and notice that it reflected the payments for the first year with the repo on it and what they said I owed. Then the payment history disappeared from the Wells Fargo entry. But noted after 2 years that the debt had been discharged. I regret everyday that I did not go back to GMAC to have this truck financed as they were the ones who financed the truck I traded in on the Envoy. I am still very angry that I paid all that money and have nothing to show for it.

My truck was repossessed. In the beginning, the lender (WFDS) was very understanding. However as the loan term progressed they (WFDS) actively started getting more and more disrespectful during our phone conversations. If I knew I wasn't going to be making my payment in a timely fashion I would call and give them a heads up as to keep them (WFDS) in the loop with what's going on.

This past Oct. 2015, I relocated (in same town) my residence and in the process went out of town for 2 weeks. In the midst of everything I had all of my possessions in storage while out of town and wasn't sure to be exact as to what my new Apt. # and address was. So I had all US Mail forwarded to a PO Box.

Well as it may be. I returned for being out of town and had my new place picked out address and all. So Dec. 5th, 2015 my neighbor was pounding on my door telling me someone is taking my truck. So I ran out there only to find my truck was hooked up to a tow truck.

(TO MAKE IT SHORT) I gathered all of my tools from the truck gave the driver the keys and remotes and off it went. So on Monday I called them (WFDS) and asked them what the deal was. They said "YOU HAVEN'T MADE A PAYMENT IN 3 MONTHS." My response, "Ummm I sure have and here's the receipt to show. This also happened in 2014 when I made an $808.00 payment at a WELLS FARGO BANK BRANCH." They said they (WFDS) never got it. I PUT $8000.00 down in May of 2013 when I bought the truck and had a $276.00 per month payment. I asked them (WFDS) what do I have to do to get my truck back and their answer was PAY OFF YOUR LOAN IN FULL + late fees, storage, tow fees. I was like, "You're out of your mind. Can I pay the past due?" and this fool straight up said "NOPE, CALL THIS NUMBER."

Well the end of all of this is I only owed $5016 on my loan and I was ready to send the payoff but they said "Sorry, your truck has gone to auction." So I called a friend in the auto biz and we went to the auction the day it was going to run Dec. 23, 2015. The truck sold for $6400 and I wasn't the one that bought it. The next Monday I called WFDS and was told that I owed over $1400 and I said really. How so? This chick tried to tell me that my truck only sold for $4500. LIE #1. So I was like ok. "So when did it sell?" I asked. Her response was it sold on the 28th. LIE#2.

So I said "Really? That's funny because I was at the auction on the 23rd watched it get auctioned off and had the run sheet on the truck." LONG PAUSE. She was like. "UMMMMM AHHHHH EE SO HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE CARE OF THE REMAINDER BALANCE?" Have you lost your mind? I responded. I ask for some advice from you guys. What should I do and what can I do?

I bought a car from a dealership back in 2005 when the bank was Wachovia dealership. I paid three years straight on my loan payment every month. They switched over to Wells Fargo in 2008 and Wells Fargo contacted me to start taking payments out of my account again. They gave me my account number and their account number so I could send them payments through Western Union. I went down to start the payments, all account numbers were wrong. I called back and they told me they have no information on my account. I called back several times, over a year, still no information on my account.

Well now it's 2016 and they never came to REPO my car, I have lived at the same address, same phone number and nothing. My car was in an accident (Total Loss), the insurance wants the title, they contacted Wells Fargo and all of a sudden they have my account eight years later! Whoa! Well now I am out a car and the insurance money because Wells Fargo screwed me over. Any help would be greatly appreciated here! Thank You!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Wells Fargo is one of the most widely recognized names in the finance and lending world. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a large, nationwide team.

• Low rates: Wells Fargo is known for being able to offer customers with good credit histories loans with extremely low rates compared with other auto loan companies. Current customers of Wells Fargo Bank can receive discounted rates.
  • Refinancing: In addition to securing loans, they also help applicants manage their payments and find ways to lower their monthly payments.
  • Auto equity: Wells Fargo helps customers to get a loan for debt consolidation using the equity of their car.
  • Easy application process: The company makes it easy for customers to apply online with a simple online application form that only requires minimal personal and financial history information. This allows applicants to hear back about the company's decision right away. It’s easy to apply in as little as 5 – 10 minutes.
  • Support: Their auto-loan specialists provide customer support in a myriad of forms, including online chat, phone, and e-mail. This makes it convenient for customers to receive support no matter what method of communication is best for them.
  • Best for Consumers with good credit, those looking to refinance their loan or those who want to consolidate their auto loan debt.

Compare Auto Loans