Find a Car Loans partner

3. Car Loans

3.0/5 (531 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About Wells Fargo Auto Loans

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This company has something they call “simply interest” but it’s far from simple! They charge you for a auto loan as if you are paying a credit card! And they don’t tell you how to avoid this additional interest. It’s very predatory and it’s designed to keep you paying well beyond the loan's term.

Original review: July 31, 2021

They are so upset that I’m ahead on my loan. They keep sending letters and crap making it like I’m behind and there may be fees etc. Never late and now I’m gonna pay it off. I would never recommend this crap company.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2021

A representative called me back on June 22nd about the status of my account because a payment wasn't made for the month of May. I was aware of the payment not being made because I was going through a financial hardship. I then proceed to ask the rep for payment assistance mainly a payment deferral for 3 months. Which is out of the ordinary for me being that I always make my payments on time or before they were due in the whole 2 1/2 years I have had my auto loan.

I explain to the rep my situation that I don't want this to impact my credit because I'm looking to buy a house this year and she stated that since I do not have any employment they do not have any payment assistance options for me and can't help. But after 90 days they will repossess my vehicle. Which made me even more upset and shot my anxiety through the roof. How is it the only time I have ever asked for some type of financial assistance I'm told, "There's nothing we can do." That's complete **. She then begins to ask again when am I going to have a payment in so she can at least document a promise to pay. I proceed to tell her again, "Ma'am I just explained to you my situation. How can I give you a date when I don't have one to provide." She then said, "Okay I'll submit a date to prevent any other collection calls to you."

Now we are here in July on the 22nd I made the last two months payments and the payment that's was about to become due. I requested to have the late fees assessed on the account waived because again financial hardship. The collections again asks me how did I obtain the funds to be able to make my payments. I said, "Sir, all you need to know is. I'm making all 3 payments today online as soon as the charges are waived. There is no need for you to know how I acquired the funds to make the payment. Y'all are getting your money. That all you need to know." He proceeds to say, "We need to know for our records to prevent any other delinquencies." I then again rephrased what I just said and ask for him to complete the request I called in about today. He then states that he can waive one fee as a courtesy. I said, "Sir, the fee wouldn't be a courtesy waiver. It will be a financial hardship waiver."

Side note to all of this I used to work for Wells Fargo 3 years ago so I'm familiar with their policies & procedures. The late fee waiver request had to be escalated to their corporate office. She calls me today and she says, "I see you have a long standing good payment history with us and was able to waive the fees but in the future we can't waive anymore." I said, "Ma'am, fine. Again the one time I ever ask for assistance this is how the company treats me. Okay great."

I explained to her that I received a late payment mark on my credit which I was trying really had to prevent which is why I asked for payment assistance in the beginning. She then goes on to say, "Well we don't do courtesy waivers but I can submit a request for review." Here we go again. I never asked for any courtesy waivers. I expressed that I was experiencing a financial hardship. She then says, "Well that's our policies. I'll submit a request for further review." I said, "Okay ma'am, That's fine." I say all of this to advise any & everyone to NEVER do business with Wells Fargo. Trust me as soon as I acquire the funds to pay off my auto loan in full. You will never have to worry about getting any business from me again since you guys give zero ** about your customers.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I called to report Fraud on 5/10/2021 and sent affidavits and DOJ letters regarding fraud by my ex wife to email they gave me. I never heard back. I followed up 6/15/2021 by calling & Erica the CSR told me they don't have my email but said my ex wife called on 5/12/2021 which raised a RED FLAG that they told her I sent information regarding FRAUD. I was transferred to Angela ** who was VERY RUDE & wouldn't allow me to speak just kept over talking me. I asked for the email address to the FRAUD dept because she claim the email address I was given was wrong. She would never give me the correct email address I asked for. She just kept asking me what type of fraud? I said regarding my auto loan because this is the auto loan dept.

I even read 18 USC 287 and she said, "If you are not an attorney you can't quote the law." I asked her to read that law to me and give me the statute and she couldn't. She then hung up on me when I let her know that Wells Fargo is receiving KICKBACK from the FRAUD by my ex wife, and her attorney to not reveal the FRAUDULENT activity.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Please help me understand how Wells Fargo can misplace money from overpayment of loan payoff and misplace proceeds of canceled warranty refund after both checks have been crashed and stamped pay to the order of Wells Fargo. Since April 29, 2021 I've been waiting for $1,046.13 that's due to me. My case has been isolated to the office of the president (Wells Fargo) Senior level of consumer support, but weeks later nothing resolved. Perhaps a Bank that can't handle checks and balances shouldn't be in the financial profession. I guarantee you Wells Fargo would've waited this long for late loan payment without daily phone calls and accessing interest, late fees, and penalties. Never again will I do business with Wells Fargo. Consumers beware.

Original review: March 27, 2021

I recently refinance my car loan with another company for a lower interest rate. I called the Dealer and canceled my GAP insurance. They said Wells Fargo is responsible for the refund and they will send it in the mail. Three months later and I call Wells Fargo and they told me to contact the Dealer and it wasn't their responsibility. At this moment I am very frustrated so I call the Dealer and spoke to the Finance Manager who was wonderful. She said she would call them and take care of it. Well she calls and after a back and forth they finally admit that they are responsible for the refund but very rudely tells us to read the contract because they have 120 days to issue the refund. Never get a car loan through this company. I have never had trouble getting a refund for Gap insurance before. I just hope I get the refund back from them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This department is entirely incompetent. Avoid them at all costs. I wouldn't wish my worst enemies to have to do business with these scumbags. I have been waiting for them to "process" a warranty refund for 3 months. I've talked to five representatives all of which advised that the refund is "processing".

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My husband bought me a car as a gift. 20000.00 loan. He passed away from cancer. I paid down to 4200.00 and had trouble due to covid. They refused to discuss with me, only my dead husband. They took the car like a thief in the night. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. No compassion...

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

They recently repossessed my vehicle a week before Christmas. It was 2 months past due and I had just got a new job after losing a great job due to covid. They weren’t even willing to work with me. They said I ran out of referrals and there’s absolutely nothing they can do. I owe less than a year on a $30k vehicle so by taking my vehicle they come out with a lot of money. These people have no heart. You would think they would need more generous during a deadly pandemic. I’ve had nothing but issues in the 5 years of dealing with them. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Wells Fargo Auto clearly states that if your account is three months ahead, future payments will go to principal only. My account is four months ahead, I paid another payment a week ago. To my surprise, the payment was charged interest. I screamed. I called Wells Fargo and was told that it was a computer error. The representative corrected the payment, but now I refuse to make any more online payments.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans author review by Lauren Fix

Wells Fargo is one of the most widely recognized names in the finance and lending world. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a large, nationwide team.

• Low rates: Wells Fargo is known for being able to offer customers with good credit histories loans with extremely low rates compared with other auto loan companies. Current customers of Wells Fargo Bank can receive discounted rates.

• Refinancing: In addition to securing loans, they also help applicants manage their payments and find ways to lower their monthly payments.

• Auto equity: Wells Fargo helps customers to get a loan for debt consolidation using the equity of their car.

• Easy application process: The company makes it easy for customers to apply online with a simple online application form that only requires minimal personal and financial history information. This allows applicants to hear back about the company's decision right away. It’s easy to apply in as little as 5 – 10 minutes.

• Support: Their auto-loan specialists provide customer support in a myriad of forms, including online chat, phone, and e-mail. This makes it convenient for customers to receive support no matter what method of communication is best for them.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information