Wells Fargo Auto Loans

Compare Auto Loan Companies

Research top Auto Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am having financial hardship due to an unexpected bill this month that is not a reoccurring bill as Wells Fargo seems to think. I've made every payment on time since I've had the loan and have never asked to have a payment deferred before. I called to have this onetime payment deferred and they refused to help. So anyone having a difficult time I feel sorry for you if you are with this company because they refuse to work with you on anything!!! So if you're a customer in good standing and have one bad month don't bother calling theses morons because they will refuse to help you other than saying oh well you can make a late payment... If I knew I was going to have the extra money to pay you a little late why the heck would I bother calling you for a deferred payment I wouldn't have. Let me just pull some money out of where the Sun don't shine and give it to you!

And the office of the President calls me and still tells me they can't help me. Well don't bother calling me wasting my time and pissing me off more then! And I made it clear to put in their records to not be calling me on a daily basis saying my payment is late when I called these idiots asking for a deferred payment for ONE month when my account has been in good standing for well over a year since I got the loan. Thanks for nothing Wells Fargo. I hope none of you idiots ever have a hardship!

There is a reason for all the one star comments on this board. Just spoke to a rude rep. There was no budging on agreeing to a very short-term catch-up payment plan during a time of financial and illness hardship. To leave the call without receiving support for a short-term payment plan was dismaying. The same hard-ball information could have at least been presented in a humanly way, instead I hear the rep munching loudly on snacks answering in a cold-hearted manner.

I was in a car accident in Nov. 2016. I had full coverage on my auto and I also was covered by GAP insurance. I also had a refund on a maintenance contact that was also applied to my final payoff. Wells Fargo was paid this amount and they held on to the maintenance refund check and took their time sending information to my GAP company in order to receive the final payoff. I had to call Wells Fargo to ask why this payment was not sent to GAP in order to satisfy my payoff. Well it was explained by a Wells Fargo rep that this is a process and it takes time.

While all this is happening it is affecting my credit. This loan didn't get satisfied until 6 months later and now I have a negative impact on my credit saying that I was a 120 days late and that the balance on my auto loan is a charge off and I have never been late until this incident. I will never do business with Wells Fargo and future toward I will make sure that whomever I speak with friends, family, acquaintance that this is a bank you don't want to deal with because of my bad experience. They are very unprofessional and thumbs down.

Had loan, called them to ask for help. Explained I can make current payments just can't make up the month and half behind. They won't work with you, they make calls all day harassing even at work. Repo truck called them. Friend loaned me the cash and still gave runaround. Call here hold 45 min to 1.5 hr, to hear to call back in couple hours. This went on for 4 days, still nothing. Never got any paperwork to even suspect that they were going to repossession of vehicle. To over 45 days before they even sent me anything saying to my vehicle. Now say sold my vehicle for low price and wants more money from me for difference. Why can't they work with you. No customer service there. Stay away. They are out to get you if you are not perfect person. Heartless and harassing.

Will never use Wells Fargo Dealer Services AGAIN!! Nor will I ever recommend them to anyone! I have gone back and forth with the Loan department because of a $398.89 charge that was added to my loan. No one has been able to give me an exact answer for the last 2 months. I also had a "late and stop payments" that were listed on my credit. I was NOT LATE. When I called customer service they said, "Oh no. You're not late. That was a mistake. Just fax over a dispute and we will process and see about taking it off." I have had the most WORST experience with them! Even the dealership that I just bought another vehicle from said they will NOT do work with Wells Fargo Dealer Services because of how bad their service is!!! DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

I've only had my car since Aug. 2016. When I first got my car, I had my payments set up on automated draft. Some time around Christmas that stopped for some unknown reason. My payments keep getting paid late because of this but I make the payment when they call and ask them to set it back up. Well I haven't got a call about a late payment since March so I figured that my payments finally were coming out of my acct again. Then the day before I leave to go on vacation I get a letter in the mail that says I am 4 months past due and they are going to repo my car in the next week. I call them several times... it takes most of the day to find someone that is willing to "help". They agree to set up a payment arrangement (pay half that Friday and then pay the other half plus the next payment in 2 weeks). Problem solved... I can go on vacation without worry.

Well they never held up the payment arrangement and the day we got back from Vacation my car was picked up. It still had all our stuff in it! I made the payment in full through MoneyGram and called them like I was suppose to. They verified the payment and sent a letter of release to the repo man. They told me that it could take up to 4 hours to go through. Well it's been 2 days and they still haven't gotten it. When I call Wells Fargo they just tell me that it has been sent.

I have been working with Wells regarding my car payment. After speaking with a rep. on 6/2017 regarding payment, he stated for me to wait until I receive a call. When I rec. the call the manager want the account current by the following Mon. I explain that I had a payment but was advised to wait until can contacted. I had always heard how awfully the service is and will speedily pay this debt off and never do business again with this bank. I see why they have such bad reviews. Oh yeah I also informed the account manager that I had just obtained employment this past week. Told two different solution regarding car loan is my complaint.

I need assistance with navigating through some unethical and unscrupulous practices that I am receiving in working with Wells Fargo Dealer Services (WFDS) pertaining to not only my auto loan but on how they are conducting business with me in not being accountable. I was trying to be proactive with WFDS when I begin to notice that my income was decreasing. I notified them and they suggested a refi. I applied for the refi and after my credit was ran, WFDS indicated that I already had the best rate that they could offer considering that my vehicle was old.

The only suggestion that they were able to provide was to apply for a refi again once more of the principal had been paid. In April, I began receiving calls from WFDS about my April’s payment. I was informed that I owed a balance of $59 for April from a monthly payment of $335.76. From this call forward this is where the dishonesty, run around, red tape and lack of accountability that I began to receive from WFDS.

I received another call about the $59 payment at which time I had the same type of discussion with this representative as I had before with other WFDS representatives. This representative informed me about the available options for those that are experiencing financial hardship: apply for a hardship refi (different from a regular refi) or apply for a deferment. I had began this process early May and until now, I am still trying to get things resolved with them. It is unfortunate that Wells Fargo can continue to be an unethical, unaccountable and unscrupulous company and get away with it. This is why I have closed my accounts with them before they do something else to only get their hands slapped. More details available if needed.

I'm going to make this short. I could type out my long drawn out story, but bottom line, overall rude customer service. They are unwilling to work with you in any way. If you can refinance your car with a more customer friendly bank, I would advise to do so.

I got approved through Wells Fargo dealership services. I was informed through Gurley Leep at Mishawaka Indiana dealership that if I would agree to the allowed amount I would have no problem to lower my payment in six months through Wells Fargo. I told them I could not afford a 477.00 payment but not knowing I could not refinance in six months. Wells Fargo said I had to wait twelve months to refinance so I paid on time another six months and call them in a year into the loan that for my 2011 Nissan Maxima was upside down thanks to Wells Fargo dealership knowing at the time of the sale it was over priced. They will not help me and I have been struggling every since and Gurley Leep won't help either.

My blame in this whole situation was I didn't do my homework on the value of the purchase before I sign the papers and trusting Gurley Leep since I had got several car from them. At the time of this deal, I was on a lot of medications due to excessive pain and I didn't know I was overcharged on the vehicle until I tried to refinance.

I recently had a total loss claim on my 2008 Chevy Colorado. During the time we were waiting for the insurance company to pay and the gap insurance to pay I was told account would be put on hold. Well now that they have received over 10000.00 in 3 months they call and say I am 4 months behind on payments and my account was being sent to the charge off department. I only owe 1300.00 and they refused to make payment arrangements with me until my account goes into charge off status. There goes the credit score. They are preying on people and robbing them.

Terrible Customer Service. Wells Fargo is listed as a lien holder on our vehicle in error. We never had a loan with them. They can see in their system it is an error. Even still, they required a letter from the dealership stating what they already knew. The dealership sent the letter, then called them to confirm they received the letter. They are refusing to provide us with a lien release until they can process the letter, between 48 hours, but up to 35 days... on a car they admit they know they should not hold a lien on. Asked for a supervisor and was told no, there was no one else that could speak to me. Asked him to process it immediately and was told that I have to wait for their process times. Asked to have it expedited as they can clearly see it's an error, and they have everything they've requested and was told I have to wait.

Recently Wells Fargo repo'd my vehicle. Partly my fault, partly theirs, however; after paying the amount to get my vehicle back, I went to pick up the vehicle and upon further inspection I noticed that there was a chip in the left rear driver's side window. This chip was not there when the vehicle was picked up and it was not noted as part of their inspection. The window was chipped during towing. I called Wells Fargo to quickly make a claim and see who would be responsible for paying for another window. They asked me to get 2 quotes and fax it to them.

After several days, they got back to me indicating the party claims that the chip was already there and when I picked up the vehicle I immediately went to that window to point out the chip, which is a false claim. The vehicle was shown to me passenger side first. Then I walked around to the driver's side of the vehicle. Wells Fargo said that they were sent pictures of the vehicle along with their statement of me immediately pointing out the chip. The person that was witness to me inspecting the vehicle was right there with me and we discussed the chip after I pointed it out. It was not on their inspection report.

When I ask Wells Fargo if I could get a copy of the pictures and their statement, they told me I would need a subpoena in order to acquire those documents. Of course they know that acquiring a subpoena would cost just as much as the window replacement, so they know I am not going to go get one. It's easier for them not to pay for the damage.

So, basically they broke my window and are leaving me with the bill. There should be some law against this type of crap! But we all know the laws that are in place are there to benefit them and not consumers. If you are doing research on auto loans, do not go with Wells Fargo. Their customer service is lacking, they will try to screw you (if given the opportunity) and there is no communication between them and the customer. Beware.

I will keep it short as I can't say more bad things about anyone. But Wells Fargo deserves this special treatment so I'm writing this. Very high-interest rate. (They had me at 4.99 but I got 1.99 within 15 days after signing up with them, so I refinanced my loan). Pathetic, rude customer service. Don't know if Wells Fargo's policies don't allow representatives to be customer friendly or the representatives themselves are very rude. Happy to say goodbye to Wells Fargo.

I purchased a car in March 2014 and Wells Fargo Dealer Services financed the loan. I made my payments every month and usually paid a little over the payment that was due. On March 1, 2017, I traded my old car in for a new one. The dealership mailed a cashier's check to Wells Fargo for the payoff. A few weeks later, I started getting emails and phone calls from Wells Fargo stating my payment was past due. I contacted customer services multiple times explaining that I had traded the car in and was told I had to have the dealership call them.

I questioned this instruction as it is illegal to discuss a clients account with anyone other than the client. I was again told the dealership had to call them. I immediately called the dealership and spoke to the GM explaining what WFDS instructed me to do. He advised that WFDS had received the check on March 16, 2017, that someone by the name of "FRENCH" signed for it and that he would do as I was asking. He later contacted me and advised that it should be taken care of.

A few days later I called to make sure and was told no, that I needed to make a payment to them immediately and "if" the check ever does come in then they would send me a refund on the payment. WFDS also noted that I because of the late payment I had been charged late fees and confirmed that if payment was not received it would also be reported on my credit report as a late pay. I had started reading reviews and social media posts about how WFDS is notorious for requiring customers to make payments in cases such as this but NEVER refunding the overpayment so opted to not allow them any extra money.

Another day or two later (over the weekend), I received another call/recording stating payment was due and to call back immediately. On the morning of Monday, April 3, I called and spoke with a rep and a manager. The manager, Lisa, advised that there are notes on my account that payment is being investigated and that I should not receive any more calls. Early that afternoon, I received a phone call from the GM at the dealership where I purchased my car advising that he received the check back in the mail with a letter stating I do not have an account with them (Wells Fargo Dealer Services). He asked me what I would like him to do. I told him I would call WFDS and call him back.

When I called back, the manager/supervisor I had spoke to earlier was not available so the rep sent her an email with the details and my cell phone number to call me back immediately. Lisa called me back and then told me that if the check had no information on it then it would be sent back. The GM had already confirmed that my information/account number was on the front. As she was not being any help, I asked for someone over her head at which she transferred me to someone in the "complaint department". I again explained the entire ordeal to the woman. The woman put me on hold then came back and told me it takes 7-10 business days to resolve issues in their department so she is unable to assist me based on the timing and offered to transfer to me yet someone else.

She further argued with me stating that they would NEVER have a dealership call as they cannot discuss my account with anyone. I pointed out that I knew that and argued that same thing when their rep told me it had to be done and that the GM actually did call and talk to someone. She was not listening to anything I was telling her and not helpful. I finally hung up on her and called the GM at the dealership back and asked him to just make sure all the information is correct on the front and overnight the check again which he had already done.

After hours of phone calls and multiple people, WFDS has caused more stress and frustration than should have been. How much time could it have taken to call the dealership when they received the check and confirmed the information they were questioning? Or, when I called or the GM from the dealership called, could they not have advised that the check was probably sent back? I highly recommend anyone that is considering Wells Fargo for banking needs reconsider. Read reviews and social media posts (especially their own Facebook page).

I purchased my car in December 2015 and made all payments on time for the first year. Then, I became very ill and could not make much money. At first, WFDS were OK, and I could talk to them, etc. and I kept up with my payments, though many were late. They even granted me a deferment. In the past months, I am late again, but by less than a month, but now I get psychopathic collection people when I call.

Actually, if I return their calls and ask for the person's name in the recording, that person is never 'available' so I end up with someone who interrupts me, talks over me then when I refuse to stop talking (pushing him to take his turn) he screams that I am rude and interrupting him and I just don't want to pay for the car, etc. etc. I am writing this because, if you are thinking of using them, make sure you can not be late with payments. I personally was trying to avoid this psychopathic behavior by going with what I thought to be a reputable company (Wells Fargo) but I was very mistaken. Caveat Emptor.

We overpaid our loan when we traded our car and bought another one on February 10, 2017. THEY OWE US OVER $572.00. They acknowledged they owe us but keep coming up with excuses why they have not returned our overpaid money. "Have to do a title search." What? They were the bank holding the title for our old car. "It's a process." "The check was written on March 6, 2017." "It's in the mail." As of today, March 15, 2017, we still have not received our check. Today was "We will have to mail you a form for you to sign and get notarize saying you have not received the check, before we can issue you a check." Lies, lies and more lies.

I was looking for an inexpensive used automobile and I realized that purchasing a car from a private individual was best for 2 reasons. First, I knew I could get a better deal. Let's face it when dealing with car dealers in general, and used cars dealers in particular, there is a lot of mark up in the pricing of cars. Second, and more importantly, the price range I was trying to stay in ($4,500 - $7,000) would simply not be available at the dealerships.

I am rebuilding my credit, it isn't stellar and I thought I might have a better chance if I had an account at Wells Fargo with direct deposit. Then I could sign up for auto payments at the time of the loan. So, I head out to Wells Fargo - Cary Park Town Center, 10050 Green Level Church Road, Cary, NC 27519 - on the recommendation of a family member. A couple of days later, I had found a car, sold by an individual, and called the same lady at the same local branch to start the application process. Nothing! She literally just ignored me. In hindsight, I realize it is because when I had opened my account, she had an opportunity to see my credit.

I decided to go to a different branch - McCrimmon Corners, 4011 Davis DR, Morrisville, NC 27560. And as she hurried thru my application, I provided the necessary information pertaining to the vehicle, and I asked her to include some positive pertinent financial information to the underwriter, she declined to include it, and additionally said she had to include information about my rent (despite the fact I don't pay rent - my husband does). Within 2 minutes, the answer... NO!

I head out to NC Chris Leith Pre-Owned Superstore in Raleigh, see a car. Not a bad car, and when I ask about a different car for the same price, he explains that "the lender won't approve me for that car for the same payments". Now I don't know much about banking or lending, but it seems to me, that it should be me, and not the dealer or the bank determining which car to sell me. Hindsight is 20/20. Come to find out, he was dealing with Wells Fargo. When I asked how (as I had warned them already that they had turned me down) the salesman said smugly, "We have our ways." So, feeling as if I had no other choice I completed the paperwork and drove off the lot in my new (used) car.

As I was reading the details of the transaction, I was dismayed by the information. Keep in mind, I had wanted a $5,000 car and I was prepared to make a down payment, and I expected to have a high interest rate. But alas, for this $15,000 car, I will be paying more than the amount I wanted to buy the first car for in interest alone. Why they would allow me to spend 3 times what I wanted to spend (and knew I could afford) is beyond me. No wonder Wells Fargo has such big buildings all over the country!

I've had bad luck with Wells Fargo dealer services. Upon checking my credit I noticed I was in default on my loan I've been late on a payment, I called them there investigating it, it's been 1 year. I filed a complaint with attorney General of mn, they never replied back. Filed a complaint with the government. No reply. They have 56 thousand plus complaints in just this department alone, Wells Fargo dealer services fails to inform me of my default they put on my loan, nothing was mailed to my home indicating the date, they say they're investigating the matter starting there. Get back to me in ten days, nothing. I am done with them the. I am asking how to file a legit class action lawsuit against them and get others involved that's had same situations with this company, they need to be stopped.

I have had a loan with Wells Fargo Dealer Services for a few years now. My husband was injured and cannot work. This impacted our income tremendously and of course caused us financial difficulties. I reached out to Wells Fargo several times. Finally, an employee said we qualified to defer our payments and that would catch us up. Then our next payment would be due in the beginning of the month. He explained that we had a small deferment fee and then our next payment was due at the beginning of the next month but to show "good faith" I should try to make the payment before the end of the month we were in. I did exactly as he said. I paid the fee and then made my next payment on 28th or 29th of that month. I kept getting phone calls and the employees were very rude and very condescending. I was told that I was still behind. When I questioned it I would be told they would look in to it then no one had any answers.

After numerous months of them still reporting us delinquent even though we made our payments on time as instructed I was finally told that their employee "misspoke" but they "really couldn't do anything about that I just needed to figure it out and make 2 payments in a month or stay forever behind". That simply isn't possible.

Now I get phone calls, like the one today, where I was told I was wrong and that I am past due with a ton of late fees that they have added on every month for the past year and then I was asked "can't you see?". Yes, I can see. I can see that I was lied to by a Wells Fargo employee. If he misspoke, as they said he did, then they should have been able to make things right. Stand up and accept their mistake and make it right for the customer. They chose not to. Instead, they have decided to continue to add on fee after fee and continue to call being rude and disrespectful. Wells Fargo Dealer Services really needs to learn more about customer service. My advice, don't trust them, they seem to have no concern for "misspeaking" the truth and avoid doing business with them.

Recently been on phone from 9am to 1pm talking to 5 different people and STILL NOT getting anywhere! Was told they would call back within 24 hours!!! Still no call! My deferment was called on Jan 25th. I already paid my car payment for Jan. So the deferment should have been for Feb. BUT NOOO they took a payment Feb 10th and threw my personal bank account into the negative. The purpose of the 1 month deferment is to give me a month to catch up!!! I'm trying to get some help but it's crazy!!! Can't get understanding, kind people on the phone! What is wrong Wells Fargo People??? I would never have a personal account with this bank! Very frustrating... Someone please help!!!

I have a car loan on my vehicle through Wells Fargo dealer services. I received a notice a month ago saying my account is delinquent. I called them to see what was going on. And they said I haven't been making payments. So I had to fax my bank statements to them to prove that my checks to them have been cashed. 2 weeks have passed now. I have made another payment to them (my regular monthly) that is my second payment over the amount owed for the month. I sent this payment roughly 2 weeks ago.

Today I found a post card lying in my yard. That had been stuck in my door or something. I am not sure. But it's from a recovery company. I am livid. I have made my payments. I sent faxes. This has been the absolute worst interaction with a bank you could possibly have. I called the recovery company and they said they would call me back. But I thought it was illegal first off... to take my money and then say they don't have it. I have statements proving payments went through. And second collection agencies... can't contact you through post cards? Or take possession of things... when things are in dispute? I need some help here. All I'm getting is runaround. Don't bank with these people. They have seriously messed up. I feel like everything happening is not right.

I have received the worst service from Wells Fargo. I am going to spare you the gory details but my story sounds similar to others: HOURS spent on hold and trying to get a live person to answer the phone, exorbitant fees, not willing to work with you, unreasonable expectations.

I have a car loan through Wells Fargo which was instituted in March of 2015. Since that time, I have never been 30 days past due and I have always paid the full amount of the loan payment each month. Even so, Wells Fargo finds it necessary to begin calling me if the payment is ONLY THREE DAYS LATE (and they have called multiple times a day, and without leaving a message). I am currently 19 days late on my payment (which was due on the 10th). I scheduled that payment to happen on the 31st (which would be a total of 21 days past the due date).

Even though I already scheduled the payment (which was on the 13th through the Wells Fargo website and which they could clearly see was pending), on the 15th (ONLY TWO DAYS LATER) they sent me a letter saying that my payment needed to be remitted by the 27th, and that "This is an attempt to collect a debt", etc. Absolutely ridiculous. My payment is currently two and a half weeks late, and a pending payment has already been scheduled, and they're sending me letters that sound like something a collection agency would send. So I called them today.

According to their customer service reps, it is standard Wells Fargo business practice to begin sending letters about late payments after only FIVE DAYS - and that's even though I already had a pending payment scheduled! In all my years of building credit and paying for loans and credit cards, I have NEVER encountered a company that does business in this manner. The customer service rep this evening even told me that the reason the letter had language in it about being "an attempt to collect a debt" is because the account IS considered to be in collections, even though there's no external collections agency dealing with the account, and even though it's less than 30 days past due.

And when I log onto their website to manage my loan account, the first message that greets me is some crappy message on the screen about "this is an attempt to collect a debt." I will NEVER do business with this company again, and I am currently looking into refinancing my loan with a different lender who WON'T hound me and treat me like I'm a horrible person when I've NEVER been more than 3 weeks past due on ANY of my payments.

I have experienced some hard times due to moving back to my hometown and only working part-time. I have been diligent in contacting Wells Fargo dealer services to let them know what was going on but it is all or nothing with them. I could pay the full amount at time but at other times I could only pay some but that was never good enough. On their website they only allow you to make a full payment and if you call them they won't accept it. Their customer service is terrible to say the least.

When I did get full time work they were only concerned with when they were going to get their payment and had nothing to say about the fact that I had finally secured full time work. I need my automobile to get to work so I need my vehicle. It amazes me that all of the scrutiny that they have experienced in the media lately that they still treat their customers so rude. I just needed to get some things off of my chest but after reading the other complaints, I'm not the only one.

I, like many others, did not receive an email, phone call, voice message, letter in the mail, or text that my car was going to be gone, taken from me for nonpayment when I made a payment arrangement and was not even very late, and had this car for 3 yrs. I have never had a repo and have had a car all my years of driving! After paying the far away tow yard $2000,00 my belongings are still not fully recovered along with the registration paperwork. The local car wash I use found my checkbook under the car seat one day, and I still have not been paid for the keys that I own that were deactivated since the tow yard never asked me for my keys the next day, and made their own homemade key. Now Wells Fargo Dealer Services have not paid the dealership to re-key the chip for my original keys about $200.00. I do NOT recommend Wells Fargo to bank at either. Read the news. They take, take, take from you all they can!

I've had my car since 2013 and have made on time payments. I recently lost my job so I called to defer a payment. Outside of the long wait times a rep stated her manager was out so she could not process my request. When asked if there was someone acting on his behalf she stated no so I unfortunately was transferred to the Hoffman Estates' Regional location because she claimed they could assist. When I finally spoke with a rep she informed me that I could not defer my payment until they had proof that I'll have income to make future payments??? I specialize told the rep that I had unemployment benefits and would be able to make payments. She put me on a hold and spoke with her manager CICI who I later spoke with who was EXTREMELY RUDE!!! What happened to being compassionate, listening and providing quality/exceptional Customer Service...

Not only was she rude and loud talking me she further requested "proof" of unemployment benefits. I asked for the fax number to provide her with the info she DID NOT call back to leave information as she stated she would!! If I could give the car back without any penalties I would!!! The WORSE Customer Service... Called customer care, made a complaint, we shall see how far that goes and how important their customers are to them. 10,000 left to pay. WILL NEVER do anything thru them. One bad experience changes everything esp when all you needed was someone to be understanding of your situation esp when they review your account and you're in fact eligible for deferment. Just HORRIBLE.

I fell behind in Oct. payment, was unable to catch up by Nov... I made arrangements to have a payment taken out Nov. 9th for Oct. payment and again on Nov. 30th for Nov. payment. I spoke to my son's father who offered to pay it for me, I contacted Wells Fargo, gave them the new arrangement and asked for the 2 payments to come out of my account be stopped. The 1st one was but the 2nd one on the 30th was not, they continue putting the payment through even though they are fully caught up til Dec. 15. Even knowing the funds are not even there, they have refused to reverse the transaction and tell me they are going to put it through 2 more times. My account is now neg. 300.00 and there is not a payment even due.

Can't seem to get any help in this matter for their careless mistake and I am to pay 300 to clear up my account. They just got paid 2 payments plus late fees bringing me current til Dec. 15th and they're freely debiting my account. How does that work and hold me responsible for 300.00 that they created!! There is nothing good about this Bank anymore. I been a Customer since 2008 but you would never know it by actions like this. I give you a big fat 0 Wells Fargo, for taking advantage of your customers as you have me.

Tonight when I was taking our dog out, noticed that our car was gone - a 2008 Chevy Malibu. I am assuming that they took the car but the problem is we didn't receive a notice by registered mail or certified or 15-day notice to come up with what is owe so according to the Wisconsin self-help law they have basically stole our car. I have a husband who is disabled and elderly, so am I. We live on a fix income. No way now to get around so basically left us strand. No public transportation. Would not recommend them as good company to do business with.

Updated on 12/09/2016: Today got a call from our insurance company about damage to our front passenger headlight area saying that I had done it. The problem is the passenger side front headlight was intact not broken because when we were able to go and collect our possessions from the car in Marshfield on November 26th my daughter was with me so no damage, also the rear door was already damage when we brought the only valid claim was the driver's side headlight which we got taken care of. No I would not recommend them at all.

I can relate to Taisha of Jacksonville, FL on how Wells Fargo will increase the monthly car payment loan for insurance coverage. I've had my car for over a year now and have experienced nothing but headache after headache dealing with this company. Just like another person stated up here, I purchased my car from a shady car dealership and had nothing but trouble mechanically and financially. How can you increase the monthly payments without even notifying the owner of the vehicle first? Then after you prove you have insurance still be charged for the insurance coverage after being told "Once it has been proven the insurance coverage is effective the insurance coverage will be removed from the account and your payments will go back to the normal monthly payment."

Now Wells Fargo dealer services is stating I never had coverage from the time I left the dealership until I recently switched insurance companies. So my monthly payments will be new amount to cover the time when I didn't have coverage (supposedly). I have read over my entire loan and have yet to see anything that remotely states that will happen if I do not have insurance coverage. I had to deal with a car that has been in the shop most of the time (I wish I never went to that dealership) now to paying more money a month for the stupid non-working car to a company that hopefully will close!!!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Wells Fargo is one of the most widely recognized names in the finance and lending world. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a large, nationwide team.

• Low rates: Wells Fargo is known for being able to offer customers with good credit histories loans with extremely low rates compared with other auto loan companies. Current customers of Wells Fargo Bank can receive discounted rates.
  • Refinancing: In addition to securing loans, they also help applicants manage their payments and find ways to lower their monthly payments.
  • Auto equity: Wells Fargo helps customers to get a loan for debt consolidation using the equity of their car.
  • Easy application process: The company makes it easy for customers to apply online with a simple online application form that only requires minimal personal and financial history information. This allows applicants to hear back about the company's decision right away. It’s easy to apply in as little as 5 – 10 minutes.
  • Support: Their auto-loan specialists provide customer support in a myriad of forms, including online chat, phone, and e-mail. This makes it convenient for customers to receive support no matter what method of communication is best for them.
  • Best for Consumers with good credit, those looking to refinance their loan or those who want to consolidate their auto loan debt.

Compare Auto Loans