Find a Car Loans partner

2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

2.5/5 (312 ratings)
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About Wells Fargo Auto Loans

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: March 27, 2021

I recently refinance my car loan with another company for a lower interest rate. I called the Dealer and canceled my GAP insurance. They said Wells Fargo is responsible for the refund and they will send it in the mail. Three months later and I call Wells Fargo and they told me to contact the Dealer and it wasn't their responsibility. At this moment I am very frustrated so I call the Dealer and spoke to the Finance Manager who was wonderful. She said she would call them and take care of it. Well she calls and after a back and forth they finally admit that they are responsible for the refund but very rudely tells us to read the contract because they have 120 days to issue the refund. Never get a car loan through this company. I have never had trouble getting a refund for Gap insurance before. I just hope I get the refund back from them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

This department is entirely incompetent. Avoid them at all costs. I wouldn't wish my worst enemies to have to do business with these scumbags. I have been waiting for them to "process" a warranty refund for 3 months. I've talked to five representatives all of which advised that the refund is "processing".

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My husband bought me a car as a gift. 20000.00 loan. He passed away from cancer. I paid down to 4200.00 and had trouble due to covid. They refused to discuss with me, only my dead husband. They took the car like a thief in the night. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. No compassion...

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

They recently repossessed my vehicle a week before Christmas. It was 2 months past due and I had just got a new job after losing a great job due to covid. They weren’t even willing to work with me. They said I ran out of referrals and there’s absolutely nothing they can do. I owe less than a year on a $30k vehicle so by taking my vehicle they come out with a lot of money. These people have no heart. You would think they would need more generous during a deadly pandemic. I’ve had nothing but issues in the 5 years of dealing with them. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Wells Fargo Auto clearly states that if your account is three months ahead, future payments will go to principal only. My account is four months ahead, I paid another payment a week ago. To my surprise, the payment was charged interest. I screamed. I called Wells Fargo and was told that it was a computer error. The representative corrected the payment, but now I refuse to make any more online payments.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Confusing accounting practice used by Wells Fargo. Making principal payments is frustrating. As the company has had to make reversals to ensure my principle payments do go to principle. So very frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

After submitting all corresponding documents showing Eastern's Auto committed the fraud Wells Fargo also determined it happened. After months of waiting and the final determination was Wells Fargo will credit me $25 or dealership agreed to cancel the loan and take the truck back but I was out all the payments made thus far? What?!? I asked from day 2 after purchase was made and realized what occurred I wanted to cancel the loan. Ultimately they held up to their reputation of unethical business practices towards their clients siding with the dealership who committed the fraud. Beware, go get financing elsewhere!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Wells Fargo Auto Loan department is very poorly done. I have been waiting for a lien release letter form from them for 4 month. I have called asking about why I have not received the letter yet. I can not get tags updated without it. I have a car I can not drive with expired tags. Every time I call they said they will overnight the letter to me since they have been sending it to a address that I told them I have not lived at in 3 years every time I call. I would not recommend financing with Wells Fargo if they can not get the documents to you or even a title mailed to the correct address.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I hope there is an option for PRINCIPAL ONLY PAYMENT ONLINE! Every time I called and specifically told the agents I want to make a payment towards the PRINCIPAL ONLY, they posted it wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME! And put it on the advance months payment. I need to call them AGAIN and tell them to adjust it because they POSTED it WRONG! We worked hard for every penny we got, the DAILY interest rate is big deal to us. (I know you don't care about it.) We pay you right, please do your job right as well!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

High interest rates, offer lower interest but add on to the loan, deceiving and dishonest. Do not get a auto loan through Wells Fargo! Paid payments on time for 5 years and my last payment was doubled. When I called to pay I was told it would be ok to break the payment in 2 and now I have a late payment on my credit from them over a 100. Dollar balance. So ridiculous!

Wells Fargo Auto Loans author review by Lauren Fix

Wells Fargo is one of the most widely recognized names in the finance and lending world. They have been in business for over 20 years and have a large, nationwide team.

• Low rates: Wells Fargo is known for being able to offer customers with good credit histories loans with extremely low rates compared with other auto loan companies. Current customers of Wells Fargo Bank can receive discounted rates.

• Refinancing: In addition to securing loans, they also help applicants manage their payments and find ways to lower their monthly payments.

• Auto equity: Wells Fargo helps customers to get a loan for debt consolidation using the equity of their car.

• Easy application process: The company makes it easy for customers to apply online with a simple online application form that only requires minimal personal and financial history information. This allows applicants to hear back about the company's decision right away. It’s easy to apply in as little as 5 – 10 minutes.

• Support: Their auto-loan specialists provide customer support in a myriad of forms, including online chat, phone, and e-mail. This makes it convenient for customers to receive support no matter what method of communication is best for them.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information