Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
1.33/5

Wells Fargo Auto Loans

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Reviews

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

Called them 1 weeks after paying off my loan with all little charges they implement on the customer, asked them to mail out my loan release. Never got it, called them again. Maybe they could do it via FAX, they said it takes 3 days, never got it. Called again, sat on hold for 26 mins no one answered, and didn't get my loan release. New buyer of the vehicle can not register the vehicle and is being penalized every 24 hour having insurance on the vehicle. But the insurance will not open a policy without the plates which require registration "CATCH 22". And all because this ** bank won't do their job send as they should the simple letter of "Loan Release". May well be that I'll sue them for amount of penalty of the DMV.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My vehicle was repossessed in error with NO FORMAL COMMUNICATION due to a WELLS FARGO representative. It took them almost three weeks to give my vehicle back. I had to rent a car so I asked for a reimbursement of what I spent for transportation. They offered me something that didn’t cover HALF of my expenses but I accepted it. My car was returned with mechanical issues I called SEVERAL times about with no resolve. I never received the check so I called about two weeks later & asked about it. A manager expressed to me, "Well, that is a courtesy check." How unprofessional and inconsiderate! It wasn’t a courtesy when they picked up my vehicle without calling first! So I decided to wait on the check.

Then the harassing phone calls began asking when I would make a payment on my loan! Wow! You had my vehicle for almost three weeks and then you have the nerve to tell me that the check was something nice they were doing for me then to turn around and continue calling me about a payment? Horrible! I don’t want this loan and I am telling everyone including the media about their horrible customer service and to NOT finance through Wells Fargo!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

THIS BANK IS HORRIBLE!!!! They have so many suits and claims against them for unlawful things mishandling customers' money, applying things to accounts they shouldn’t, calling and leaving information on voicemails when in some states this is illegal. They called me because I happen to be a part of a suit that was filed because they illegally added some type of protection to my car loan. Not only are their staff incompetent in understanding simple requests but they have no idea how to fix any problem. They called me to say they were sending me a check. It took 3 tries of me calling in. Mind you after every call it was promised the problem was fixed and the issue was so small and stupid. Updating an address. They repetitively sent this check to the wrong address after I told them 3 different times/days to update it.

Here we are 6 months later and I still have yet to receive it. I spent 2 hours on the phone today to get through I was transferred through 6 people. Then when I finally got through to the CPI plan department at 4:56 a gentleman answered and I warned him I would need a manager for this. That he doesn’t deserve to hear me out in this heated moment. I am a manager myself and this is a job of a manager. He thanked me and put me on hold, he came back and his supervisor today 9/20/19 at 5:02pm pacific time in the CPI plan department refused to take the call. I was in shock. I had been through 6 people and sat on the phone for two hours to be told it’s 2 minutes after hours and she didn’t have time right now.

I went off and demanded to speak to a manager and get her name. She continued to refuse to this gentleman Ethan to speak to me or give me her name. Ethan then came back on the line and apologized repeatedly and said, "Ma’am I understand you want a manager but no one is here and I hear your frustration. Can you give me a chance to just take a look?" At this point I have no trust in anyone, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt this front line gentleman (Ethan) that worked after hours to handle me as a customer even though his own manager declined to stay after, he did! This was unbelievable. He then was able to find out a check was never even sent to be queued after speaking to 3 different people over the last 6 months assuring this was done.

And one of the three times they explained I have another check that is owed to me and that they will get this out as well this small check that was just brought to my attention came a week ago but the big check that I have been battling still to this day hasn’t come which is what sent me through the roof to call today. So with that being said he found out it had never been queued even when the other was queued and sent. Just a mess!

But I am still in shock enough to find a place to write a review and I never review places but this was over the top. I can’t believe a normal staff member took this much time to help me and prior supervisors never did their job and this supervisor today was more worried about running out at 5:02 and making her staff stay than helping a very upset customer but Ethan held his cool and professionalism and helped me from start to the end. He should be the CEO of Wells Fargo in how he handled me. Never should a front line employee be expected to do this while his manager walked out on me as a customer and him for support.

All I can say is I hope someone important reads this and Ethan is given appreciation for his hard work representing Wells Fargo while your own managers don’t care at all about customers or their staff. I hope this helps anyone curious about Wells Fargo I will never do any further business with them and my family as well is looking into changing banks and they have been loyal for 50 plus years. Good luck to all!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Wells Fargo sells satisfied debts to collectors, en masse. Harassing debt collection practices. The payments that Jon ** and I have paid settled this account/judgement; including all principal, interest, late charges, penalties and assessments, which reduced my/his account balance to zero. This closed the account. Consider this letter as a demand to cease and desist contact by phone or mail, with threats of seizure of; property, harassment and abuse by letter and multiple calls to/of me, by multiple mass collection purchasers. The payment and settlement of this referenced collection is irrevocable.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Where to begin??? I've had 2 auto loans with Wells Fargo Dealer Services. Biggest damn mistake of my life. First auto loan back in 2009. Long story short they had crooked as hell "Collection Reps" Mellissa & Debra. They would call up, say we were "behind" on payments and demand "X" amount of dollars or they would send a repo man within 24 hours.

The first time this happened they stated we owed $1900 and had 24 hours to pay, So yep we paid it. That money was never posted to our auto loan. 2nd time it happened same two individuals. This time they stated $980. Gave us 12 hours to pay...So yep sent it again after borrowing from family. That was never posted to our auto loan account either...Mind you this was only an $8000 dollar car loan to begin with people. 3rd time it was Forced Placed Insurance. They tacked on $1200.00 to loan for 6 month ins. Policy raising our monthly car payment by $200 a month. They did this for 3 years straight and yes I had my own personal full coverage on this vehicle the entire duration of the loan. They reported us 30 days late to credit bureaus 21 times. Destroyed our credit and laughed about it, taunting us on the phone. Then I find out a year later a Fake account was opened in my name.

Fast forward to 2014 we go to trade that vehicle in get something newer. The damn dealership never informed us we didn't actually get "Approved" for a loan until after we signed papers and had already traded our vehicle in and took new one home. 2 days later we get a call from dealership stating no bank would finance us. Wonder why...oh, right the FALSE 21-30 day late on our credit report. Ok, so dealership calls back stating they have sent all papers to our Previous Auto Loan Carrier...None other than Wells Fargo Dealer Services. "They picked up the loan" the dealership says. Oh, Great. Not wanting to return our new vehicle I accepted it. Big damn mistake.

To date we have been hit with 25-30 Day lates on our credit reports. I said, "WTF. No way." I made online account, went in and we currently have $1400 in LATE FEES. This $1400 has been tacked onto payoff on our vehicle. So I pull entire Payment history starting with first month of new loan also gathering all my bank statements & Western Union payments. It took days of working on this but I found the issue... We made 2 payments back to back in November 2015 only the bank payment shows. The Western Union payment was NEVER posted. So I immediately call Wells Fargo Dealer Services. I explained everything. They say we need the Western Union receipt faxed.

I immediately went down to local store & faxed it. They opened a case with "Payment Research Center". That was almost 4 weeks ago. So far I have faxed this damn receipt 4 times. I have also scanned/emailed it. I have went through numerous departments and 2 supervisors. The last Supervisor agreed. He can see the problem but couldn't fix it.

I finally emailed & stated I am looking for an attorney to audit my auto account with them. Ok, I get IMMEDIATE response stating this has been referred to "Office of The WFDS President" Great. Awesome. I received 1 phone call now from that office. The woman basically tells me I need the receipt. "Great because I emailed it to your office 24 hours ago." "Well, I don't have it. I will look for it I guess." I mean What? I said, "Look...The payments were made on this car every single month like clockwork for the past 5 Years. Not only did I not get 1 single point of credit for it...we have 25- 30 day lates showing on credit report and $1400 tacked on to payoff on my loan in Late Fees." She has the damn nerve to say to me, "Even IF we fix it we will only fix credit report for anything After the error."

I cannot tell you how I held my composure. We have had money outright STOLEN from us and split between 2 crooked collection reps, I have had a fake account opened in my name, we endured & paid 3 Years of Forced placed Insurance despite having full coverage of our own on the vehicle, they have desecrated, destroyed & ripped apart our credit, tacked on $1400 in FALSE LATE FEES, and hit our credit reports with 25- FALSE 30 day lates. Our 1st auto loan with these crooks was 29.9% Interest. The 2nd auto loan with these crooks 14.2% Interest. Now here we sit at 40 years old, can't buy a home due to our credit, can't get financed for a new auto loan due to our credit. It has literally destroyed our lives. We are unable to get financed for anything due to this company and their crooked thieving business practices.

I am telling you people. If you don't think this can happen to you...Finance with this crooked company & just wait. They have gotten away with this for many, many years...That November 2015 Western Union payment I have cold hard PROOF of. I have waited 4 weeks for my account to be Fixed & our Credit to be fixed. They have done Nothing, Zilch, Nada. They have the PROOF as well yet are basically refusing to correct it. We are looking for an attorney to put a lawsuit against them. They have literally destroyed our lives. We cannot put a price on that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

They claim they had to charge off the loan, yet I paid it in full. This is currently the only negative item on the credit report. This poor report is costing me more money. They need to change it to the truth, account was Paid In Full.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've had my car for two years going on 3 yrs. I fell on hard times and I missed one payment so i knew that I would be a few days behind. I pay Wells Fargo every two weeks with payments being set-up online. At first they were so nice and understanding, at least that's what I thought. And now Wells Fargo calls me every single day twice a day to tell me I'm 14 days behind my note. Days not months, days. Wells Fargo should be ashamed of themselves for calling someone everyday twice a day. When I complained about the calls, this hefa tells me, they are courtesy calls. No, courtesy calls don't come through twice a day everyday. ** that's called HARASSMENT PERIOD!

My last name changed and I sent them paperwork and they refused to change the last name so now when they call me they asking for the wrong last name. I'm not going to send in my personal documents again because Wells Fargo incompetent. I get a call at 8am and then at 2pm. That's not a courtesy call stupid. ** harassment. Now I have to black Wells Fargo because of the harassment calls. In the beginning they were cool but the minute I missed one damn payment, Wells Fargo feels the need to harassment for payment. WELLS FARGO YOU ARE SOME ** AND I'M BLOCKING YOUR NUMBER. GTFOH.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Site seems very easy to navigate, and until I had my accounts on computer hacked - HAVING TO THEN CHANGE ALL PW on every site or account I've ever had, I would have rated their website 4/5 stars. However - to save the planet I opted out of paper statements. BIG MISTAKE. You cannot get your account info or account number unless you log in. Guess what - you can only call CS and add the most annoying to "thank you for holding... we appreciate your continued patience"... OR, "your call is important to us, continue to hold, an agent will assist you shortly" message loops every 15 secs with elevator music from hell.

Paying via the site is pretty painless, and seems very intuitive. The problem is basically you need CS for ANY problem via the site. I was stuck with Wells Fargo (whom I loathe from student loans) via Carmax's own banking program. Add their sketchy business practices of late with adding credit cards to account holders w/o their knowledge or consent - and I would rather not deal with them. Corporate America - hello end user.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Wells Fargo gave us an auto loan, at the dealership, when most would not. We were able to get a payment we could afford. Two years later we were able to refinance to a lower rate with no hassles online.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I was at a dealership to purchase a vehicle. The dealership ran my credit and tried WF. WF declined my application, even though I have enough cash & collateral to pay off the vehicle and a credit score of over 875 out of 900. 6 weeks later I get a letter from WF saying that they declined my request for a loan because of my credit score which was in the 850-900 range (in their letter) because it needs to meet a minimum of 675.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information