Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

166 Wells Fargo Auto Loans Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

Wells Fargo Dealer Services offered good rate; however, I prefer a different lender. While I had excellent credit, dealership pushed WFDS. I continually have trouble with their website and always have to reset my password or get locked out. This is not for security of my information but FAULTY website. I believe ALL Banks should provide same low rate to people who work to maintain excellent credit rating. Boo to the three credit bureaus. THEY are not as accurate either!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I refinanced my vehicle with a different bank. I brought my payoff check to a wells Fargo branch, who sent it in to dealer services for me. A month a half later and 2 internal Wells Fargo investigations, and they can't locate the check. Somehow this is my fault, they are charging me interest and late fees for the entire time they were dragging this out. Essentially, Wells Fargo has investigated wells Fargo and found that wells Fargo has don't nothing wrong. Horrible company, dishonest. Myself, my company and my family, will never do business with Wells Fargo again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

We know Wells Fargo has gotten negative reviews in the past, and some is for very good reasons. However, we got a good loan for our new car in 2016 and the customer service was excellent. We would not hesitate to use them again.

Original review: July 13, 2019

No problems with loan for 3 years. Very accommodating. Also, very low-interest rate. Almost paid for and the service has been great! Easy transaction right there at Volvo dealership. Wells Fargo has done a nice job!

Original review: July 10, 2019

This company has called me several times and told me my factory warranty had expired, then I called the dealership to find out it was still in forced. At one point I had a financial problem this company only tried to sell me a new car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: July 9, 2019

I paid off loan early, I should get a refund on the gap insurance, so far nothing. Otherwise the loan was uneventful, interest was high though. I don't think I would go with Wells Fargo again. When paid off they did process the paperwork quickly.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I sold my car I have had for the last 4 years. In preparation for selling it, I went to my local Wells Fargo branch for guidance as I still had a lien on the vehicle. They told me I could come in to this branch and pay off the vehicle. So I sell it, bring in the cashier's check and I was told I had to mail the payment in and they couldn't accept it at the bank. So I OVERNIGHT the payment. That was 8 days ago. I called last week to turn off the auto payment on the account to make sure the payment wasn't take out on 7-2 when it was due next. Now eight days later, no payment has been applied to the account (I have delivery confirmation on 6-22-19) and the monthly payment was taken out. So I am paying almost $600 for a car I don't even own anymore.

The guy on the phone was rude, short, and 100% not helpful. He tells me that the CASHIER'S check was mailed back to me, but didn't know why? Oh, and this loan is accruing interest every single day that I also will have to pay. So now I am going to have to pay to send this Bank Issued Cashier's Check overnight again, and no one has a clue what is going on. I also tried calling Wells Fargo Dealer Services for many days and was on hold for over 30 minutes each time and one time, it just disconnected. They need some help with customer service and actually knowing what is going on. I am beyond frustrated right now. My vehicle is gone, I have a huge Cashier's check made out to the Bank that they won't accept, and I am still paying the monthly payment plus daily interest!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I paid off my vehicle loan 2 months early, but they never released my vehicle title because they never entered the paperwork from where we moved states 3 years before. They did not call or send a letter to let us know that there was an issue with the paperwork and said they ignored it until I called asking to know where my title was 3 months after paying off the loan as I had not received it nor had it been released to the DMV. The automated phone service is terrible and can't manage to look up an account number or social security number for the loans.

Despite giving them an updated address to which they said they were to overnight mail the title as the mistake was on their end, they failed to have the correct address 10 days later when I called a second time to find out where my title is. I have used a few different loan services over the years and Wells Fargo is by far the worst. I wish I had refinance this loan with another company right away initially. Furthermore the amount that my records show I paid vs the amount they said I paid have discrepancies (ie, I appear to have been overcharged).

Original review: May 22, 2019

I applied for Wells Fargo Private party Auto Loan in early April. That process alone was a bad start. I uploaded necessary documents online that was needed to complete the loan process and some of the documents were rejected but I didn't know until I checked about 2 days later. Twice that happened with no communication for my "Loan representative". I got approved for the loan I wanted at $5000 and that gradually went up to close to $5500 as other charges were applied. Shouldn't a complete disclosure of charges be done upfront as it's a general loan and not applied gradually after 2 weeks? Finally got that done and went to nearest branch to complete the process.

Process on the first day went smoothly. Got a call the 2nd day that the seller was given too much money so I had to go back to give back close to $500 which of course is delaying the process again as the bank is not close to me and it is the weekend. So 2 days later I go back and return extra funds that they shouldn't have given in the 1st place. A few days later I call my loan representative for an update and he asks if no one calls me. Apparently the seller didn't fill out a few documents correctly and they didn't review them at the time and they have no contact information for him. I call the bank and of course it's true. Again a screw up on their part. They got his contact number but the rep that had it is not at work and they can't get in his desk and I no longer had it. So this goes on for another week.

The rep comes back and says he is trying to contact the seller. I get in contact with the seller as I found his number and call him. He says they did speak and they no longer need him. No one calls me to tell me this. I call a day later and it's confirmed so they then tell me it's no longer in the branch's hands I have to deal with the phone reps. Phone reps tell me they have to send my title to DMV and they take care of registration so the clock starts again at 5 to 10 tens to receive my title.

I call a week later for an update and I am told that because of state rules they cannot title my car. I have to do it myself so they will send it to me asap in 3 days. 3 days comes again I call back to get the same answer. I call back 2 days later to rep telling me that the dealer is slow sometimes..wait..I didn't use a dealer.... She didn't even fully read the notes regarding my account before she is telling me information that does not apply to me and again I am waiting just to simply receive my title to my car that has been sitting in my garage since April 2nd and it is now May 22nd. Worst experience ever and I advice all to stay away.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I would never get an auto loan with Wells Fargo again. I got a $13,000 loan with them for my Honda 3 year ago. I've paid the loan on time for the past 3 years down to $5500. I would now like to sell my Honda. The Honda is in near perfect condition. But in order to sell my Honda I have to find a buyer who is willing to pay off my loan. Okay no problem, except buyer and I (seller) cannot just go into a Wells Fargo branch, pay the loan, and get the title. In the state of Florida, at least, there is a 7-10 day waiting release period of the title to the DMV. Which means that I have to find a buyer who is willing to pay off my loan and then wait with no proof of purchase, because Wells Fargo does not have or provide such a document (I asked), and then the buyer has to wait up to 10 days for the vehicle title.

What kind of business model is this Wells Fargo? As a seller, I look like a sleazy con artist trying to get someone to pay off my car then drive off with it. When I explain this whole process to potential buyers it scares them off because who wants to deal with this? Honestly, I wouldn't want to deal with it as a buyer. Now I have to suffer as the seller. But of course, Wells Fargo wants to make it difficult for me to pay off my loan in because then they aren't making 85 cents a day off of me anymore. Well lesson learned Wells Fargo, I will never take a loan out with you or any other large bank again.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information