Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.33/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

Wells Fargo gave us an auto loan, at the dealership, when most would not. We were able to get a payment we could afford. Two years later we were able to refinance to a lower rate with no hassles online.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I was at a dealership to purchase a vehicle. The dealership ran my credit and tried WF. WF declined my application, even though I have enough cash & collateral to pay off the vehicle and a credit score of over 875 out of 900. 6 weeks later I get a letter from WF saying that they declined my request for a loan because of my credit score which was in the 850-900 range (in their letter) because it needs to meet a minimum of 675.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Wells Fargo Dealer Services offered good rate; however, I prefer a different lender. While I had excellent credit, dealership pushed WFDS. I continually have trouble with their website and always have to reset my password or get locked out. This is not for security of my information but FAULTY website. I believe ALL Banks should provide same low rate to people who work to maintain excellent credit rating. Boo to the three credit bureaus. THEY are not as accurate either!!

Original review: July 16, 2019

I refinanced my vehicle with a different bank. I brought my payoff check to a wells Fargo branch, who sent it in to dealer services for me. A month a half later and 2 internal Wells Fargo investigations, and they can't locate the check. Somehow this is my fault, they are charging me interest and late fees for the entire time they were dragging this out. Essentially, Wells Fargo has investigated wells Fargo and found that wells Fargo has don't nothing wrong. Horrible company, dishonest. Myself, my company and my family, will never do business with Wells Fargo again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

We know Wells Fargo has gotten negative reviews in the past, and some is for very good reasons. However, we got a good loan for our new car in 2016 and the customer service was excellent. We would not hesitate to use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Auto Loans?

Original review: July 13, 2019

No problems with loan for 3 years. Very accommodating. Also, very low-interest rate. Almost paid for and the service has been great! Easy transaction right there at Volvo dealership. Wells Fargo has done a nice job!

Original review: July 10, 2019

This company has called me several times and told me my factory warranty had expired, then I called the dealership to find out it was still in forced. At one point I had a financial problem this company only tried to sell me a new car.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I paid off loan early, I should get a refund on the gap insurance, so far nothing. Otherwise the loan was uneventful, interest was high though. I don't think I would go with Wells Fargo again. When paid off they did process the paperwork quickly.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I sold my car I have had for the last 4 years. In preparation for selling it, I went to my local Wells Fargo branch for guidance as I still had a lien on the vehicle. They told me I could come in to this branch and pay off the vehicle. So I sell it, bring in the cashier's check and I was told I had to mail the payment in and they couldn't accept it at the bank. So I OVERNIGHT the payment. That was 8 days ago. I called last week to turn off the auto payment on the account to make sure the payment wasn't take out on 7-2 when it was due next. Now eight days later, no payment has been applied to the account (I have delivery confirmation on 6-22-19) and the monthly payment was taken out. So I am paying almost $600 for a car I don't even own anymore.

The guy on the phone was rude, short, and 100% not helpful. He tells me that the CASHIER'S check was mailed back to me, but didn't know why? Oh, and this loan is accruing interest every single day that I also will have to pay. So now I am going to have to pay to send this Bank Issued Cashier's Check overnight again, and no one has a clue what is going on. I also tried calling Wells Fargo Dealer Services for many days and was on hold for over 30 minutes each time and one time, it just disconnected. They need some help with customer service and actually knowing what is going on. I am beyond frustrated right now. My vehicle is gone, I have a huge Cashier's check made out to the Bank that they won't accept, and I am still paying the monthly payment plus daily interest!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I paid off my vehicle loan 2 months early, but they never released my vehicle title because they never entered the paperwork from where we moved states 3 years before. They did not call or send a letter to let us know that there was an issue with the paperwork and said they ignored it until I called asking to know where my title was 3 months after paying off the loan as I had not received it nor had it been released to the DMV. The automated phone service is terrible and can't manage to look up an account number or social security number for the loans.

Despite giving them an updated address to which they said they were to overnight mail the title as the mistake was on their end, they failed to have the correct address 10 days later when I called a second time to find out where my title is. I have used a few different loan services over the years and Wells Fargo is by far the worst. I wish I had refinance this loan with another company right away initially. Furthermore the amount that my records show I paid vs the amount they said I paid have discrepancies (ie, I appear to have been overcharged).

Wells Fargo Auto Loans Company Information