Walmart MoneyCard

Hi Karla. We value your positive feedback and appreciate you as a customer. We will continue to make sure that Walmart Money Card is the best product for you! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: March 23, 2017

I originally got the MoneyCard because I was going through a divorce, moving & starting school (which required me to take a job making around $7/hr). Remaining with my bank was no longer an option due to high fees. At times, my entire check was only enough to cover the fees. Switch to the Walmart MoneyCard. Only a low maintenance fee (which is waived after depositing a certain amount each month). Saving those fees allowed me to have a little more in my "pocket" each month. The customer service has been fast, friendly, speaks English as a native language. As I finished school & took a job, my monthly direct deposit would be more than the documented "maximum". Again, a quick call to customer service (I feared they'd reject my DD). And was assured it would be no problem. Fast forward, I went on disability & again Walmart MoneyCard remains the best option for flexibility without a lot of overhead.

Walmart MoneyCard

Hi Rick. We value your positive feedback and appreciate you as a customer. We will continue to make sure that Walmart Money Card is the best product for you! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: March 3, 2017

Love the card. I love the early deposits. The app is super easy to use. Also very easy to keep track of my money and to get the money off my card. You're doing a great service to those who don't have bank accounts. Keep up the good work. Thank you!

Walmart MoneyCard

Hi Brock. We value your positive feedback and appreciate you as a customer. We will continue to make sure that Walmart Money Card is the best product for you! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I love this card. It's made very easy and convenient to load money on. It's better than carrying cash to get lost, if cards lost you still have your money. I've yet to be turned away from any business not accepting my card. It gives you a peace of mind not carrying a lot of cash and I'm more apt to save money because I'll spend cash without a second thought. Thanks Walmart for making it simple and convenient.

Hi Terry,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. We are glad that we were able to resolve the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: June 10, 2017

I purchased 2 visa gift cards and loaded $500 on to each. The first card was giving the cashier issues, so she voided the entry and it has been deducted from my credit card charges as a credit. The second charge went through but the second card was not activated properly (I think she tried to activate the bad card a second time). So, I am still out $500. I tried calling number on Walmart receipt but talking to a human being is impossible. I cannot enter the gift card information on the automated phone line or online since the card was never activated. Please help.

Hi Pedro,

We attempted to contact you regarding your concern. If you still require assistance, please call the number left on your voicemail. We are here to help.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I had a Walmart money card for almost a year and never had any problems UNTIL I deposited $135 dollars into the card. I decided to put gas in my card and then pay my phone bill. After putting gas in my car for $22 dollars, I called my phone company to pay my bill but my transaction got declined. To my surprise, I had an unauthorized charge of $75 dollar on my card. I called customer service and I spoke with to a representative from the Philippines. She explained that every time I use my card in a gas pump I was authorizing a $75 dollar retention fee to be charged on my account. She tried to make me believe it was my fault by saying that I had authorized the account to be debited. She said that the money was placed on hold because it was company policy to verify I had sufficient funds to cover for the gas purchase.

How can you put MY MONEY on hold. This is not a credit card, this is a prepaid card. If I have money on the card is because I PUT MONEY IN MY CARD. They couldn't do anything for me. They said that it would take 10 business days to get my money back. Needless to say, I had to call my phone company begging them to give me an extra day to make my payment. Not only you took my money away, but also your representatives had the audacity to tell me to go and ask money from a friend or family member to pay my phone bill. I also had another rep advised me to call Moneytree to get a loan to pay my phone bill. Mr Green Dot, I DO NOT need a loan. I NEED my money back ASAP. I asked a supervisor and a manager if the customers were aware of the $75 dollar hold fee but of course their response was NO. I asked if in their policies, procedures or agreements it specifies about this fee but obviously their answer was then NO.

At one of my MANY calls to customer service, I requested to speak to a supervisor and the rep placed me on hold and transfer me to a supervisor. I was placed on a 45 minute hold. That's how long it took a supervisor to answer the call. Not even once they broke their hold to advise me of the wait. At one point, I thought that the rep had just placed me on hold waiting for me to hang up. I'm just so disappointed. You guys took my hard earned money not realizing all the problems you guys caused. I had to go through the hassle of spending over 4 hrs on the phone one day and 3 hours the second day. I had to beg for a pay extension with my phone company and up to today, I DO NOT KNOW how I am going to pay my bill. I guess I have to go to a family member and explain the problem that I had and see if they can lend me money to pay my phone bill.

I don't know about you guys, but to me, it is a shame to ask my family members for money when I had the money to pay my bill but my money was taken by a corporation whom already charged me to cash my check and also charged me to load money onto my card. I requested a corporate number for me to call, but then again no one could provide me with one. Thanks to the internet, I was able to find these review for consumer affairs. I am not asking for a loan. I am not begging you for money. All I want is my hard earned money to be given back to me. Is that too much to ask? Thank you for your time and consideration.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 13, 2017

I have finally talked with a customer service representative, who was VERY helpful to me. I feel as though the issues with receiving my card have been taken care of. I appreciate the help and the quick response.

Hello Valerie,

Original review: June 8, 2017

My wallet was stolen on May 11th, 2017, I reported my card stolen on May 12th. My home address, that I used, is forwarded to a P.O. box, so I never received my cards. So, I called and reordered my cards on May 23rd, 2017. It is now, JUNE 8th, 2017, AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY CARDS! Which has two of my paychecks deposited on them! I have talked to 6 different people, and they all have the same recorded speech that they give, which none of the information helps. So yeah, if and when I do receive my cards, I WILL NEVER USE WALMART MONEY CARD AGAIN!

Hi Jewel,

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had trouble with your card. We'd like to have a customer specialist look into this further. We will reach out to you through the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs. If there’s a better number to reach you on, please direct message it to us.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 6, 2017

It took over a month for me to receive my personalized card, and I only had it for a day before it was suddenly canceled for no reason. When I called customer service, they claimed someone reported it stolen - it was not me! They claimed they would send a replacement card and I have now been waiting for over two weeks to receive it and it still isn't here. I have almost $3,000 of my hard earned money on this card that I can't even use. I have rent and bills that are due and have been unable to pay for anything for over 2 weeks because these people refuse to send me a new card. This problem needs to be fixed immediately, or I will be looking into a lawsuit.

Hi Micheal,

We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs. Please private message us if there is a better phone number to reach you.

Original review: June 6, 2017

I've been trying to use the mobile app to deposit a check. But it keeps saying my check is not eligible for photo check deposit, I don't know why and what type of check can I use to deposit money in my Walmart MoneyCard app, I hope to get a reply.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Hi Sherraine,

Original review: June 6, 2017

In March 2017, my card was fraudulently used to make purchases by someone outside of my home state. I reported the fraudulent issue to Walmart Money Card immediately upon discovering the incident. I filed a dispute and Walmart Money Card deactivated my card and issued another card. I was without use of my card for 10 days and completely out of funds for 14 days, until Walmart issued me a provisional credit for the 3 transactions that were fraudulently made. So dissatisfied with their lack of security and communication, I did not utilize my card after using all the funds were returned to me.

Now 2 months later, I decide to try using the card again to see a provisional credit reversal on my account that NO ONE from Walmart Money Card informed me would take place. When I contacted them regarding the transaction, they told me (paraphrasing) the dispute has already been resolved and they discovered that one of the vendors who were notified of the unauthorized transaction credited my account additional to the same amount WMC credited. Therefore, WMC reversed the provisional credit because the vendor credited my account. Nonetheless, WMC did not send any communication in the 2 months duration from their ONLY response to my dispute stating that the dispute was filed and completed.

So, now, today after reloading my card for the 1st time in 2 months, my available balance is short $54.07 because of WMC lack of attention to detail and lack of communication with the vendor. WMC stated that they will not credit me back my $54.07 because the dispute is closed. I think it's safe to say that Walmart Money Card are unapologetically the worst prepaid card service ever! How about they rollback their unprofessionalism and PROVIDE BETTER SECURITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Hi Renauldo,

We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: June 6, 2017

The worst customer service ever. I contacted Walmart MoneyCard on May 22nd because I have 2 transactions that was unauthorized transactions that I did not authorize, which was fraud. I block my card and requested a new replacement. The dispute department advise me that I would need to fill out a form from their site and that I would have a resolution within ten business days. If it take longer, then my account would be credited back while they are doing their investigation. I filled out the form and email it back to them.

Fast forward to today, I called the dispute department to get an update, and the only answer I received was, "We are still processing your dispute, and it will be completed by end of day today." Well end of day came and gone and still nothing. I called again after 8 pm, only to be told that it is still processing and that they don't know when I would received any credit back to my account. Nothing but lies and they don't live by anything that is in their own cardholder agreement. Worst company I ever dealt with. If someone steals or use your card without your permission, then you is ** out of luck. I will be destroying this card asap. ** Walmart MoneyCard.

Hi Stephen,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: June 5, 2017

I got this card on suggestion from a Walmart employee, who told me there were no charges for using Walmart ATM or money services desk. But in reality there is a withdrawal fee, a processing fee, a fee to check balances. Complete load of crap. I have zero satisfaction with this card and I tell EVERYONE I can not to get this card. Better off just using cash or another debit. Only reason I have one is for direct deposits from work. And that will soon be done away with. I will never use this card or Walmart services again! Pile of crap!

Hello Shane,

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier today. We’re glad that we were able to resolve the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: June 3, 2017

I had lost my Debit Card on a recent trip and called the Walmart Money card Customer service number. The lady (Sue) was nice and said she would send me another card and the account would stay open so my car payment would go thru on time. Not more than two hours later I get an email saying my account was on hold for unusual activity. Well upon calling them back of course Sue was not there. Some guy named Juk was rude and he was the manager, supervisor and nobody else can help me. So now I'm stuck with no car payment and no money for at least 7 days. (My nephew had this same problem with Walmart and it took 2 months) I know they have their rules. But do not lie to me and shut off my account because I call to get a new card. And when I press #1 for English. Get me someone that really speaks it.

Hi Sharon,

We tried to contact you regarding your concerns, but haven’t been able to reach you. It’s important to us that we speak with you so that we can work towards a resolution of your concern. When you have a free moment, please contact us directly so that we may assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: June 2, 2017

I have an unauthorized charge on my card which I have since canceled. I filled out and emailed the required claim/complaint form on 5.22.17 and still have had no response from Walmart Money Card! All I want is the money put back on my new card!

Hi Gene,

Original review: June 2, 2017

Recently I went to 6 Flags Great America but didn't get to stay. I was charged $25 for parking. I went to guest services who refunded me back $25 to my Walmart money card. When I went to check my account they first credited back the refund, but then took out the payment right after the credit. So I was never refunded back. I called Walmart money card to dispute this, no one ever contacted me back after they did a investigation.

I finally called only for them to tell me that the investigation wasn't approved. I sat and argue with Walmart's HORRIBLE customer service. The only thing the rep did was repeat the same info over and OVER. It was beyond annoying. She never answered my questions. She only repeated the same info over and over telling me to wait for the response letter. When I asked to speak to a sup she told me no that she was sup. After I got angry she hung up on me. I guess that's $25 lost. I will never recommend anyone to using this card. The customer service is absolutely horrible and pointless. If they can't do anything or handle anything over the phone why are they there???

Hi Brian,

Original review: June 2, 2017

Visited an ATM where I attempted to withdraw $140.00. ATM experienced mechanical problem. Spit out a receipt stating the problem and to contact ATM Branch or customer service. I followed through on the above stated. Bank assured resolution as long as Walmart​/Green Dot did their part (Obviously in corporate/bank America we the consumer are stupid and can't handle our own financial problems... Maybe it's we're not dumb enough hence the removal of the privilege to dispute things ourselves).

I filled out all dispute forms even including the ATM receipt stating it didn't dispense my money. Walmart/Green Dot assured me resolution by the 8th of May. It's now June 1st... Call after call, supervisor after worthless supervisor I'm still awaiting the return of my cash being held hostage. The bank whose ATM malfunctioned told me this situation is ridiculous. They've admitted fault and that Walmart/Green Dot have either not done their part or are being dishonest and have my money but are not returning it.

Walmart/Green Dot will not do anything for the consumer once they're wronged. Just today I was told they received the dispute outcome on May the 12th. It was found to be in my favor, but they don't know why I wasn't issued the refund. She needed to email the "Processing Dept" to find out why. Pretty sure that's code for "We need more BS reasons not to return your money" Department.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST. I ASSURE YOU HEADACHE AND STRESS LEVELS THROUGH THE ROOF. These people are very unprofessional and like all other corporations & big banks see you as an uninformed/illiterate juvenile. I was promised a call back twice today now and after 12 hours nothing. Don't buy for a second they have tried to contact anyone as they state in their replies. They operate 24/7. All that time and I've seen nor do I read that others have ever seen any resolution and or refunds.

THIS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE! HOW CAN A PLACE SO BLATANTLY STEAL/FLEECE CONSUMERS AND CONTINUE TO OPERATE? Oh wait, I'm sure they can do it by laws put in place by our elected officials to help us their constituents. You know the little man who works 60, 70 hours a week. Pays taxes, elected officials wages so they can make a mudhole out of our BHs. Unbelievable.

Hi Rochelle,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 30, 2017

Money taken from my account at ATM incorrectly. 05/26/17 husband in Texas put money on prepaid card. Text me. It was on there. I'm in Tennessee. 5/26/17 I go to ATM. Try to withdraw 200.00. Machine gives me receipt message: insufficient funds & declined. I try to withdraw 180.00. It was declined.

Hi Louie,

Our records show that you spoke with a supervisor from our office regarding your Walmart card earlier on 5/31/2017. We are glad that we were able to resolve the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 27, 2017

This will now be day 27 since I first attempted to get a hold release from my card after Expedia.com reimbursement for a flight cancellation. I'm being told there's an investigation into the situation but have received not a phone call or email from anyone who has actual information and can release the hold put on my card. When calling the customer service number on the back of the card, I get the same lady answering the phone after an hour or so wait, and cannot disclose the details of the situation. I'm told today was the day I got answers or my money!!! Liars!!! Thieves!!! If I knew where this call center is located I could camp outside and catch up to the first person walking out of the building. But unfortunately, this is a call center in India or the Philippines that gets paid to give us the runaround on our money and hopefully discourage the consumer from pursuing the matter further.

I'm beyond my patience threshold. I will be hunting for someone to blame for this, and Lord save them when I catch up to them. It will be a masterpiece. All I want is honesty with the Walmart MoneyCard folks. TOTAL RIP OFF!!! I'm reaching out to you folks with this forum to hopefully get someone to get a resolution on the issue. I refuse to keep being treated like a mushroom. Feeding me crap and keeping me in the dark about MY MONEY!!! You're charging me a fee every month for a card that has robbed me since the 3rd week I activated it. I want my money. End of discussion. I'm available whenever on my cell **. Give me my money.

Hi Tyler,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 26, 2017

I went to several websites today to make a purchase and they all came up with the same issue, "Sorry but your card has been denied. Please contact your bank." I did so and the customer service said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my account. I went back to those websites to make sure my information is correct, which they were in the first place but still the same issue occurred. So confused on why I am unable to purchase anything when I have the money to do so. Please help.

Hi Sonae,

We tried to contact you regarding your concerns with your Walmart card, but haven’t been able to reach you. It’s important to us that we speak with you so that we can work towards a resolution of your concern. When you have a free moment, please contact us directly so that we may assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you!

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 24, 2017

On May 9, 2017 a transaction for the amount of $175 and some odd change was deducted from my account for a company named Notino France which is located in Paris. I contacted the disputes department later that evening. I submitted the necessary forms via email. Every time I call it tells me that I need to update and send more needed documents but when I speak with a rep they say just wait the 10 days for an email stating the findings of the investigation that they have my dispute form on file.

Well today is day 10 and I have not received any update to my email. This has really caused a strain on my pockets financially. I really need my money to be returned due to that being money I needed to keep lights on in my house for family. I have been a customer for almost 2 years and have never experienced bad service until now. All I want is the money that I could have not possibly spent in the location of Paris when my card that morning was used in California. Can someone let me know what I can do to get this resolved as soon as possible?

Hi MsAngie,

Original review: May 22, 2017

I have a Walmart MoneyCard acct. I have a visa and a master card with 2 separate card numbers. But the same account number. It's ridiculous because somehow I can't use the Visa for purchases at all, But the MC I can. Somehow my DD is only on the MC and I have to transfer money from it to the Visa? One card to the another out of the same account??? I had auto draft from the Visa and have been charged insufficient funds fees. And they were linked only to the Visa, not the Card? I want to cancel just the Visa but I can guarantee it will cancel the entire account, and I can't afford doing that till after payday. So frustrated. And CS agents only repeat the same script over and over. They won't help me. :(

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to speak with you today. We value your feedback, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I have had two Walmart MoneyCards and both have now been compromised. The accounts were both emptied down to zero. Walmart was useless in resolving the issue both times. In fact, I could not even get a real live person to file a complaint. I will NEVER use Walmart MoneyCard. You will lose all your money, they are horrible!

Hi Reed,

Original review: May 21, 2017

Their system says that I cannot transfer money from my vault to my spending account. I called Walmart, they told me they are experiencing "system maintenance" and there is nothing they can do about it. Unfortunately for me I am in another state traveling for work and have no access to my money. Their customer service is a joke. I will never again use Walmart for anything and as soon as I have access to my money I will be withdrawing all of it and using a real bank.

Hi Kassandra,

Our records show that your addressed and resolved. Feel free to contact us directly with any other questions or concerns that you may have. We appreciate your business, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right.

Have a great day!

Original review: May 21, 2017

I have had and used my MoneyCard for sometime now, without concerns. However I have recently utilized the vault feature. It's been awesome. Then yesterday while away from home with plenty of money available, I attempted to make a transfer. It errored multiple times with an unsuccessful transfer. I then attempted from my desktop. Now there is a messages. I have exceeded my daily transfer limits. I had only transferred one time yesterday. At this time I'm out of town, away from home with my family. I read the user agreement just to be sure I'm not crazy and this is what it reads:

"Limits. Because the Vault is not a separate account, money in your Vault counts as part of your card balance. You may only transfer money in or out of the Vault 20 times per day. For security reasons, we may impose additional limits on transfers or your Vault in our sole discretion. You agree that we may use money in your Vault account to cover any negative balance that you may have on your card, even if you do not transfer it from your Vault to your card."

I only had a transfer. So I called in this morning (after trying again) thinking it was a glitch. It clearly states in the agreement nobody is able to transfer but the user and through the app or website. So I try and no success again. So I call, the man I speak to is really nice but less than helpful. There's nothing he can do. I have a few dollars in my account and hundreds in my vault that nobody can tell me when I can successfully transfer the funds or how to resolve this. So I'm frustrated and ask for a supervisor. To my surprise there is not one and I'm give a case number and off the phone I go. Still with no money. So if this is a feature ordered that clearly states you may transfer as often as you'd like. Why can't I? And when I cannot who's there to help? Nobody? When can I get to my money? No idea. So here we are with no access on a Sunday with nobody that can give any answers.

Hi Mark,

Original review: May 19, 2017

I had my Walmart money card for quite some time. Unfortunately, very disappointed in how this card functions. It is not customer friendly at all. One incident happened last year when I called customer service and want to get information on a certain charge on my account. I advised customer service that I don't recognize a charge and that I was inquiry after I call the company what I need to do if it was a charge I did not authorized.

Customer service then tells me that a new card will be sent within 10 busy days. I told her that I did not want a new card, I was just inquiry what my next step was if it was an unauthorized charge. She advised me that she place a hold on the account. I told her why did she do that, I was just inquired about what I need to do. I just had a direct deposit post that day and did not have access to my funds to buy food for my kids and pay bills that were due that day and next day. Very very disappointing.

Now fast forward, I had a bonafide unauthorized charge and I filled out all required documentation and signed the dispute form over two weeks ago. Still have not heard a word. I call and customer service advises that the department will email me or call. As of Friday May 19th, 2017 no call or email. It's well been over the 10 days that they advised it would be resolved. NOW I'M OUT $115.69 OF AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE. With my faith in this money card I may not see the hard earned money again. All I want is someone to communicate to me what is going on. I'm ready to stop my direct deposit and leave this card. Will be looking for a bank that will actually communicate with customers and not tell them lies.

Hi Nieschya,

Original review: May 19, 2017

I disputed charges from Google which was charged on numerous days 3 or 4 times a day which every charge was also on my credit card. American Express saw it was fraudulent yet Walmart didn't even though they were on the same days at the same exact times as on my credit card totaling $227. I have left numerous messages at the dispute office with no return call. I am offended to even be working for this company.

Hi Dereka,

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier today. We value your feedback, and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 18, 2017

When I originally set up a new account the email I provided is no longer working due to the company closing down so there's no way I can log in to update my email address and I desperately need to gain access to my account!!

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for returning our call and allowing us to hear out your concerns regarding your issue. Feel free to contact us directly with any other questions or concerns that you may have. We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I have had my Walmart Money Card for at least 4 years. I have always been very happy with it. Today is a different story. I am having a legal issues with my landlord over monies owed. I called the customer service center to request a copy of transactions from the years 2015 until present. This bank does not keep records over a year old. For one, Money Card does not send a monthly or yearly detailed transaction statement and they don't keep them on record either???

I am just disgusted with the fact that I need them for a very important legal matter and my so called bank doesn't even keep records or even gives the customer a choice of keeping up with them themselves by not even sending them a copy or warning consumers that they don't keep your records? This bank and their idiocy has just cost me well over $3600 and without a care in the world. I asked to speak to a supervisor repeatedly and was told no, the supervisor will just tell me the same thing.

There has to be some kind of banking law that if you don't provide a statement you should have to keep it on file at least 5 years due to statutes of limitations. I hope I do find out they broke some law and they think we are too stupid to find out. I sure hope so... It's ridiculous you can't get a transaction history for more than 1 year. They have definitely lost me as a customer. Can't trust any banks anymore. Not even the prepaid ones. What a joke. Thanks for losing my $3600.

Hi Lynesha,

Original review: May 17, 2017

This Card is HORRIBLE - I REPEAT HORRIBLE. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS CARD - NO Customer service dept. No support staff - nobody to help you if you have questions. And Walmart please don't respond with that generic stuff I always see after someone has a complaint. Denied my dispute. My direct deposit is missing this morning. It's just been a horrible one month experience. That's all I need though. Back to the banks I go. At least I know somebody is there to back me up.

Hi Laura,

Original review: May 13, 2017

I want all my money back you swindled me out of. I got a Walmart debit card and I got a refund. One time they kept sending me cards with no funds on them. They owe me over 200.00 thru transactions on PayPal I made. They would not take funds back from them. I am very upset. They had no live help from last year till this year in March and even had a site saying pay 30.00 if you want live help.

Updated on 05/20/2017: I am so disgusted with Walmart Debit Card. PayPal worked their rear ends off trying to get my money back for me with no help whatsoever from this company. They sent me one debit card and I got one refund and they continued to send me many debit cards with no funds on them and then a note telling me they are Green Dot Now and that Green Dot has to take care of the situation. That is a bunch of crap, if they are Walmart Debit Card they should have their own company. You own what Netspend and Gold Card and also Western Union Debit. You give no money back. No perks. You should be taken off the map and EXTERNAL AFFAIRS from the FBI will soon be involved in your swindling operation. You are a bunch of thieves and should go to prison!

Hi Anthony,

Original review: May 13, 2017

I purchase a Walmart MoneyCard. Used it for a while and then was at a location where I needed to get a refund and I did not have the card I used to purchase. So I decided to use my Walmart MoneyCard to have the refund placed on that. It has been 8 months and I have an emergency situation, I pull out my Walmart MoneyCard with a $1,200 balance that has been on the card since 8 months ago and my card has been blocked.

I call customer service. They proceeded to tell me that because I received a refund on the card that wasn't originally purchased on that card I need to now provide documentation. It has been eight months. The charges have not been disputed. The cash has been deposited and there for more than enough time. I no longer have the 8 month old receipt and they are telling me that I would not receive access to my $1,200 without that. There is no one to talk to. Nothing I can do. I have no options. I'm trying to figure out how to proceed because the funds are legally mine. I'm not just going to give them to Walmart.

Hi Deborah,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: May 12, 2017

I purchased a new card because it stated you had the option to deposit a check using your smartphone. I received my personalized card and activated it. When I go to the mobile app the option to deposit a check is not showing. I have called customer service twice and both times I was told it would be resolved within 24 hrs and I would be contacted via email. I still have not been contacted and the problem has not been resolved. I am very unsatisfied with this card and the support from customer service.

Hi Ashley,

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier today.Thanks for sharing your concerns with us and allowing us to reach out to you.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My card was somehow copied and had so many charges that I did not personally make myself. They were all in states that I was nowhere near. It was easily to see that since I was making purchases in my state of Kentucky. I filled out all the proper forms and submitted them almost immediately. I received a denial saying they couldn't give me money back. I have since emailed them countless times to try and get more information and they won't even respond to me. This whole situation left me without money for bills and basic necessities and made my life a nightmare.

Walmart MoneyCard was no help whatsoever. That money was just gone and they essentially told me there was nothing they could do. Why bother having me fill out the forms if you're not going to help. It would be easily to investigate to see that these purchases were not made by me. I have been a customer for years and have been satisfied up until this happened. I just came across this page in hopes that this might help. Or at the very least to warn others that if your money is ever stolen... you will not get it back!!! I'm highly disappointed in their service!

Hello Kelli,

Original review: May 11, 2017

I love this card and had no problems with purchases, disputes or direct deposits. I have been with this card company since 2010. I'm now displeased because I ordered a card on May 1st and verified my new address with the customer service rep, he confirmed. I called back to check card to see the address it was sent to and it was sent to old address. I wish this card would have overnight shipment for cards. This is putting a hold on my money and I have no way of using it.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Profile