Walmart MoneyCard

I recently purchased a Walmart money card and have used it several times. It's easy to reload and make purchases with. One thing I really like is Walmart money card doesn't charge a fee every time you make a purchase like some other debit cards do. Thanks for a prepaid debit card that easy to reload and use with no hassle.

Walmart MoneyCard

Thank you for being a loyal, longterm MoneyCard user, Anna! Please let us know if you ever need anything from us.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

I have been amazed at this card. I got a black card and NEVER have to pay a load fee. For years I've saved so much with this feature that cost about a dollar more. Don't understand why anyone wouldn't get it. I have had one problem in 5 years or more. I got a refund at Staples. When I did something wasn't right and the guy said it's never asked for that before on his register. As it turns out it didn't process right there and I didn't receive the refund. I processed a claim. I was send an email that it was declined (nuts) and that I would receive a letter of explanation.

I never got it so months later I emailed customer service and didn't get a response. But I looked in my account and it had been refunded earlier but I didn't notice. Not a good thing and luckily it was only $10 or I would be panicked. I'm a single mom unable to work with special needs adopted children. I can have any funds go missing. After reading these reviews I'm not going to keep that much money in this account. Thanks all.

Ok, I noticed my balance wasn't right so I looked through it and there was $35 just gone. So I called and was talking to costumer service, took a screenshot of account. As I was going through charges, I got logged off. When I re-logged on, my history had changed. My beginning of month balance went from $46.85 to $11.85 and magically it all worked out now. I can't find where they did it cause only have screenshot of this month's account history so don't know who to get a hold of cause they now think everything is fine.

I purchased this card originally for an organization because the fees were cheaper than some of the other cards so that I could keep track of the donated money. Well let me just say that this card's fees may have been cheaper but it charged me for every purchase! There was either a $1.00 or 2.00 transaction fee depending on if I used the PIN or it was considered an "e-signature". Unfortunately for me I didn't realize this until I'd made several purchases keeping up with the amount left on the card and it came back declined. This card even charged me a fee on the canceled transaction. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I will never, ever purchase this card again. A regular visa gift card is a better deal where I pay the fee upfront load the funds and spend away without worrying how many times I use the card and how much money is being stolen for using the product nor do I have to deal with the crazy registration where I have to release my social security #! I've learned my lesson and will stay far far away from this product. Shame on this company, it should come with a large warning label about this foolishness!

I had a terrible experience with a pending transaction. I had a charge for a hotel on my card. The hotel "compensated" me my room. Therefore, it was no charge so they didn't charge me. Well upon notifying Walmart Money Card, they still put a hold on my money. They kept telling me that they needed a release from the hotel. So, I called the hotel and was told they released the hold on my card the day after I checked out. Walmart Money Card was actually who I needed to speak with.

Well, it has been almost 3 days and the transaction still shows pending and when I call Walmart Money Card, they keep telling me they don't see where the money has been refunded by the hotel. I can wait until December 6, which will be over a week, and it I don't have it then I can file a dispute. My question is why is it that you can purchase something and the money is gone the same day but they can't reverse a transaction the same day??? It doesn't make sense for them to hold on to my money for over a week.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

My card was compromised. I was issued a new card only to have it compromised as well... same thing again. Well the last time it was compromised, the total purchases were approximately 715 dollars. It was reported by me immediately in August. Since then, despite many calls, paperwork submission and effort on my part, I was told my claim was denied due to my not cooperating with them. I filed an appeal, resubmitted all my paperwork. I am still waiting for resolution. The number of the representative handling my claim is never available. Whenever I call, I am treated like a nuisance or an inconvenience. I am highly dissatisfied. This has been an extremely stressful ordeal made worse by this company. I will not give up until my money is refunded, but you can rest assured I will never do business with them nor recommend them to anyone else. I pity anyone who has also experienced this.

In Aug of 2016 I purchased an item from eBay and used ONLY my Walmart Money Card for the purchase... I don't have PayPal however it is processed with PayPal at check out as one can do this without actually having a PayPal account. The item I purchased was not as described so was awarded a refund but had to send the item back first. I did so and the seller received the item in the same condition and ordered the refund with PayPal. However, Walmart Money Card will NOT accept the refund. I have called them over a dozen times as well as PayPal and even had Paypal on the phone once while talking with Walmart Money Card as to why they would not accept the refund. I was told by Paypal to open a case with Walmart for a chargeback which Walmart denied... It was then that PayPal got on the phone with me to see why.

Walmart said, "Try and open the case again," and AGAIN they denied the chargeback. Doing a chargeback according to Paypal is the ONLY way to get my refund. However, the customer service at Walmart Money Card seem to be lacking on understanding as no one speaks well put together English so can't seem to understand why they need to do the chargeback. PayPal has tried over 60 times, SIXTY TIMES to refund my money and each time Walmart denies the refund and TWICE they denied my chargeback case to get the money back another way.

So now here I am almost 4 months later with no item and no money and no way to get refunded. I have taken many items back to local stores and received a refund with no issues. But for some reason Walmart Money Card will not accept refunds from PayPal or eBay and I know this for sure now because as of today, Nov 28th I was to get ANOTHER refund for an item bought on eBay and she just told me that she has tried to refund my money and the error she gets is that the credit card won't accept the refund. WHAT THE FRICKEN HELL!!!

I am so sick of this damn dishonest card and that they care very little for someone like me that works hard for their money and pick and choose what merchants they will allow refunds from. They need to come up with a better system and fix this problem. Very unprofessional and very dishonest to do this to the average person that does not have this kind of money to just walk away from.

I received my card in the mail yesterday. Added $500 on to my account today, went online to order something and they would not accept the card and told me to try a different card. I was under the impression this card was accepted anywhere. Visa was accepted.

I opened this card three weeks ago, never received my new card, lost my card this past week and had it expedited, was charged not one, but two lost fees and an expedited fee. Here it is 3 business days later and no card. Was told it would be here by the 29th (7 days after I requested an expedited card). I have no access to my funds. My rent is due this week coming up and on top of that I have no gas! I absolutely will be withdrawing my funds and going to NetSpend!

Hi Enosha,
I'd like to have a care specialist look into this further and also track your card.

Please private message us with the best phone number to reach you on. We'll try the phone number provided by Consumer Affairs in the meantime.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I contacted a rep on 11-23-16 in regards to a transaction that I had issue with. It took forever for me to get to a rep who was willing to assist. After I explained the issue the rep advised that I could dispute the charge and he would have to cancel my card or I could go to the vendor since I explained I frequently do business with this vendor and maybe it was an error. I agreed to do that and requested that my card not be cancelled and I would contact the vendor. Hours later I go to swipe my card and it gets declined stating on hold.

I immediately contact customer service, get a supervisor on the line who says "well the rep cancelled your card and mailed you a new one". So I asked the supervisor "why would he do that on his own accord without my permission when on our recorded phone call he was advised not to and he also advised me of what to do to rectify the situation". The supposed Supervisor basically told me "well you have to wait 7-10 days to get your card and there's nothing we can do about it." I have had this card for years. It is so sad that reps are able to just change your information without your consent and there are no repercussions for their actions. Once I get my money off this card I will never deal with them again! Done DEAL!!!

Hi Tracy,
I'd like to have a customer specialist look into this again to see if he or she can help track your funds.
We'll reach you on the phone number provided to us by Consumer Affairs. If there is a better phone number to call you on, please send it to us via private message.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I get paid every other Friday and the funds are loaded on my Walmart money card. My employer sent the funds and they cleared Tuesday before Thanksgiving just like they did last year and they were available the Friday after Thanksgiving, however not this year. Since the amount has cleared on my employer's side they cannot issue a check and Walmart money card cannot find my deposit. Try calling and all they can say is "we don't see that amount pending," while my employer is stating that the amount they sent has cleared and you all have the money.

The plus: No fees, and I can use the card for purchases up to my account balance, unlike some banks that set a daily fee. You can have multiple cards linked to the same account, good for married couples. The minus: The web page has quirks that make it difficult to manage your balance. The balance shown on the last transaction is rarely what is shown as your available card balance even though all your recent transactions are shown. Periodic times during the day the system will sync itself resulting on all the balance amounts changing to reflect the available card balance. Also, when a pending transaction gets processed, Walmart changed the date of the transaction and re-orders the transaction to fit the posted date, not the date of the actual transaction. Very confusing to look at if you are trying to recall things in chronological order.

It gives the appearance they are monkeying around with your money, and puts a question mark in if they are keeping an accurate account. With that said, I've never caught them in a mistake. Finally, at least in my area I find few places to make fee-free cash withdrawals and have to rely on cash back with a purchase. Ironically every time I try to get cash back at a Wal-Mart I get an error "debit not allowed".

Hi James,
I'd like to have a care team member look into this further for you.

We'll give you a call on the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs. If there is a better phone number to call you on, please send it to us in private message.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

On 11/22/16, my wife & I shopped at our local Walmart (Hillsborough Rd, Coconut Creek, Fl) for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. After shopping and waiting in line to check out, our groceries were rung up for a total of $390. Our Walmart MoneyCard was declined 5 times and after calling the Customer Service (should be "we don't care about customer service") number listed on our card, I was told by a worthless supervisor named Ron that a fraud hold had been placed on our card. The Walmart Store Mgr spoke with Ron and he was unbelievably rude to even her. He told me that it would take 1 hour to remove the hold and instructed me to return to the store in exactly 1 hour and I could use my card. I returned exactly one hour later only to be told that the hold could take up to 24 hours to remove.

After I again demanded to speak to Ron, he reluctantly got back on the line and said he meant the time estimate according to Pacific Standard Time! I forcefully demanded my card and my money be made available to me immediately and imagine my surprise when he agreed and the hold was lifted. I then had to empty all the bagged items and have 2 carts of groceries re-scanned. In total, I spent 4 hours simply trying to shop for Thanksgiving and was treated like my business and my time meant absolutely nothing. Sam Walton did not build his business on this attitude and I am certain that Walmart could care less..I am just one customer and they have many more. Except for me, Hell will freeze over before I endure another experience like this. I am moving my money out of my Walmart MoneyCard and shopping at Publix from now on.

I attempted to purchase a gift card from Applebee's via their website on 10/22/2016. The money was immediately taken out of my account on 10/22/2016 although Applebee's declined the transaction. I was told by Applebee's that the money would be back in my account within 3 to 5 business days. After the 5 business days passed and the money was still not back in my account, I called Applebee's who stated they have indeed refunded my money and that it's my bank that is not releasing the funds. So I started calling customer service on a regular basis, what a joke.

Their customer service center must be located in Afghanistan because the phone is always cutting out and these people barely speak English. Good luck understanding a thing they are saying. But what I was able to make out of their broken English is that after 30 days the charge will disappear. It's been 30 days and guess what? The charge has not disappeared. 30 days and they are still holding my money. It took them 1 minute to remove it from my account, but 30 days later it still has not been refunded. We need to sue this fraudulent offshore worthless place.

I have had to get two different cards because someone got a hold off my card # in a different state than where I am. I wish they could come up with some way you could turn your card "off" when you are not using it and back on when you want to use it. It seems like they could figure this out somehow.

I have had nothing but issues with Walmart MoneyCard. I decided to get a card through this company because the card had some pretty neat perks that caught my interest with direct deposit. So I got a card and set up my direct deposit. Direct deposit got confirmed and was told my personalized card would come in 7 business days. 7 days went by and it didn't come. But I was patient since the temporary card still worked. I ended up misplacing my temporary card 11/14 so I reported it lost. Keep in mind that it has now been 7 weeks because I setup my account 10/1.

Back to what I was saying I reported my temporary card lost 11/15 and was told 3-5 business days for the replacement card to come. Then I realized I had still never received my personalized card so I called customer service. I talked to 5 different representatives over a 4 day span including today and I received nothing but lies and runaround. I have had the same address for over 5 years and I was told that my personalized card was sent Oct 1 which would put the card in my mailbox between Oct 8 and 11 if it was to come in 7 business days as I was told.

It is now November 21... still no personalized card. I am on the 6th business day for the replacement card which I was told that took 3-5 business days and was told today I had to wait 7 more days. So now I have to sit without any money for another week because they clearly have no solutions to get me my hard earned money immediately. I would not recommend this card to anyone now because apparently they are not punctual with their timeframes and do not care about how bad it inconveniences you to have money and can't access it in any way without the personalized card. I even asked to speak to managers and higher authorities and I got told once he wasn't there.

In the technology age that we live in today there is absolutely no reason things like this can't be expedited especially when I've clearly confirmed all my information for this account. Especially the fact I'm approaching the 8 week mark and still no personalized card. True it is unfortunate that I lost the temporary card in the midst of this but it does not take away the fact I was told 7 business days for my personalized card and it's so now almost been 8 weeks. I can't pay any bills. I have the app so I see money being deposited and I can't use it. I have been nothing short of patient but now I have due dates and can't wait any longer just to keep getting runaround and broken promises.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Christina,

I'd like to have a customer care specialist take a further look into this for you. Please private message us with the best phone number to call you on so that we can be in touch.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I got gas at my local QuikTrip. The card would not run as a credit so I had to run it as a debit and use the PIN #. A few hours later, my account was drained of nearly $250. This type of theft is called skimming. A criminal collects the data from the card used at the gas pump. I immediately filled out a dispute form and waited my 10 business days to get my money back, I thought. Turns out today I log into to see wtf and Walmart money card says my dispute has been denied. You have got to be kidding me, this is theft and I should be refunded. I'm going to let the Attorney General know about this nonsense.

I bought the card for direct deposit for my job. At first I had minimum to no complaints. Until I had come across two charges I had to have refunded by Amazon. I love Amazon. They were cooperative and refunded my money in a timely manner. Walmart on the other hand never released the funds when they were supposed to and insisted that I had to wait for them to release them. I continued to call Amazon who kept telling me to contact the card issuer. I am getting rid of this card and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. The card charges you three dollars to reload it and has a 20 minimum, it's ridiculous!

Hi Pamela,

I'd like to have a customer specialists look into this further for you. Please private message us with the best phone number to call you on so that we can be in touch.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I had a payment returned that was scheduled for the same day I was scheduled to receive a direct deposit but there was nothing that indicated or shows the payment was returned. When I called I was told there was no payment returned and then a few days later was told it was returned but I would need to contact the merchant and ask them why it was returned. WHAT??? How would the merchant know what the problem was with my account and aren't credits processed before debits? This is the only account this has ever happened with. I go ahead and reschedule the payment and the next day see my account has been compromised and there is 2 unauthorized charges to my account and now there is not enough in the amount to cover the payment so the 2nd payment is returned for insufficient funds. Because of these 2 returned payments back to back, the merchant closed my account. Customer service was useless.

I was not able to talk to a supervisor, my Walmart Money Card account was closed so I had no access to the remaining funds and had to wait for a new card and for my funds to be reimbursed. I tried to send what was left in my account to my husband's account but that process doesn't work. I was told this would work and a customer service rep walked me through the process and also saw it didn't work. Told me a technical support person would contact me but that never happened. I explained all of this to the merchant so they could reconsider closing my account and they said they would need a letter from Walmart Money Card stating what happened.

I called and asked for the number to get this issue escalated and hopefully get the letter I needed sent to the merchant. I was given a number to escalate only to have the person say they were the number for a merchant to escalate a issue. They then gave me the same customer service number that I had spoken to numerous times with no results. I need someone to document what happened and send the letter to the merchant so they will consider re-opening my account. This issue started with Walmart Money Card so should be rectified by Walmart Money Card.

Hi Emma,

Sounds like a technical issue. I can have a care specialist get in touch with you and take a deeper look into what might be happening.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I have tried to apply online for a Walmart money card and every time I do, it says my information is not verified. I called customer service 9 or 10 times and every person said the same exact thing, that I have to type in the correct information. I have repeatedly typed in my correct information, but it still says it cannot verify. I'm pretty sure I know my own information and the customer service doesn't help one bit.

Hi Ava,

I would like to have a customer care specialist look into this for you. Please direct message us with the best number to call you on and we'll be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

My prepaid debit card was stolen October 20. I was then told another card was sent... I never received it. I then called customer service November 2. They said they expedited a card via FedEx three day mail... 10 later via USPS first mail I got a card I can't use. They will not access my account. I have no way to get my money for at least another week and they will not assist me with anything. I have been lied to multiple times about their shipping practice and they just state there's nothing that can be done. I am a single mother with now no gas. No money and no food because there is 1,400 on a card I can't use. Is Walmart money card going to pay my late fees due to their negligence. Doubt it. I was lied to over and over again and charged for multiple cards which I have yet to receive. Almost a month without money. My family is suffering. I have two jobs and no access to my money and all I get is "You need to be patient. We can't help you."

Hi Lavett,

I'd like to have someone from our customer team track your card and make sure it it on its way.

We'll reach out to you on the number provided by Consumer Affairs, but if there is a better number to reach you on, please send it to us in direct message.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

Walmart MoneyCard worst card ever. Horrible customer service when contacting the customer service line. I have been waiting for my replacement card for over a week. I don't have access to my funds and they could care less. I will never deal with the money card again.

Hi Susan,

I'd like to have someone from our care team reach out to you and look into this further. We'll reach out to you on the phone number provided here. If there is a better number to reach you on, please direct message us with it and we'll be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

3 phone calls later and now 2 case numbers later, my bill due on the 1st is still not paid. I requested the transfer on the 27 the month before. Where is my money? It shows it debited the Wal-Mart account. Has not posted to my account. Each call reveals another period of days to wait. Do not recommend fees involved appears you don't get anyone to really help.

Hi Reiko,

We definitely need to put you in touch with one of our customer specialists.

Please send us the best number to call you on so that we can follow up.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

On 10/21/16 my Walmart Moneycard ending balance $446.61. On 10/23/16 I purchased 2 items from my local Sam's Club ($74.80 and $45.00)--Ending balance $446.61-$74.80-$45.00=$326.81. And I went the Walmart in 2025 N. Marine Blvd. Jacksonville, NC 28546 STORE #1298. I just put money on my Walmart Moneycard. I paid load $200.00 and load fee $3.00 Total $203.00 to the lady at check out lane. She had having trouble with loaded money and she had swipe card 2 times and 2 receipt came out during process. I remember she said "why I gotta give you $200.00", because 1 receipt showed change due $200.00 and total purchase $203.00. She had swipe card again and handed me receipt. The receipt showed loaded $200.00.

When I got home, I checked my Walmart Moneycard account and I noticed I have 2 other transaction reload swipe (+) 200.00 and immediately reverse swipe (-) $203.00 load $200.00+load fee $3.00. I called customer service and went back to the Walmart. They called customer service let them know the cashier had swipe my card 2 times and I have 2 receipt of reload load $200.00 and a copy of VOID receipt $203.00 that Walmart gave it to me. I field transactions dispute on 10/23/16 and my card was canceled and they sent me a new card. Walmart Moneycard denied my dispute on 11/07/16. They said a letter has been sent to me but I have not received it. I have had Walmart Moneycard for so many years and I have never had problem with it. I want my money back but I cannot find a way to do it.

Hi Ryan,

I'd like to have a customer specialist look into this further. We will reach out to you at the phone number on this account. If there is a better phone number we should use, please direct message us.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Someone got access to my Walmart moneycard on October 26th. I cancelled right away and was told I would have a card in my mailbox 7 business days later which was supposed to be on November 4th. I check that Friday, no luck. I then patiently wait until November 7th, no luck. Then November 8th, still nothing. I call and report my card as missing on that Tuesday the 8th, and was told they would expedite the card via FedEx and it would be here in 3 business days, for sure by Friday 11/11. Little did I or the representative realize that it is a holiday on the 11th (veterans day). So I call back and they are now giving me a time frame of next Monday or Tuesday (the 14th and 15th).

This is absolutely ridiculous that I cannot get a hold of my own money without a physical card. My money has been held hostage and inaccessible since October 26th. I have not been able to pay rent this month yet, will be facing numerous late fees on other bills, have barely been able to buy groceries/gas to get to work with the little savings I had. This absolutely not right and should be punishable. For all I know, I may never receive my card at this point, as they won't even give me a tracking number from FedEx. I also don't get why it takes 3 whole business days for "FedEx" expedite when FedEx can deliver overnight. I even offered to pay to have it over-nighted, but that apparently isn't an option in green dot world.

Absolutely ridiculous company, absolutely ridiculous customer service. Will never use again, regardless of if I actually receive a card or not. I will share my story everywhere and will let people know not to deal with this company/card ever. I will also be praying my card comes relatively soon and isn't "lost again". Worst nightmare I've ever been through.

HI Abby,

Hotels put a hold on the amount of your estimated bill, making that amount unavailable for other purchases. When you check out, the hold will take up to 10 days to be removed. However, we are well past the 10 day hold date.
I'm going to have a customer specialist follow up with you to see what we can do.

We'll be in touch soon.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I recently went on vacation and the hotel apparently did a pre authorization. The funds were gone off of my card two days after checking in. I was completely shocked and very upset so I called Walmart card customer services and was assured that the money would be on my card on or before Nov 8, 2016. I actually called daily to ensure that it hadn't changed. I mean it was my money and I was in vacation and planned on using it. Well today is the 8th and no money on my card so I call and I was told on the 10th it would be given back to me. This all started on October 28, 2016. I have used this card for over 8 years, but once this is settled I will no longer be using the Walmart prepaid card. I was lied to and I still do not have my own money that I worked hard for.

Hi Raquel,

I definitely want to have one of our customer specialists look into this further for you. I'm going to have someone reach out to you on the number we have through Consumer Affairs. If there is a better number to call you on, please send it to us in a direct message and we'll be in touch.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

On the 5th I seen a charged of 200 which I immediately filled a unauthorized charge with Walmart debit card, also with PayPal the merchant that received the funds. I also filled out a dispute form with both and was told 7 to 14. Been waiting and waiting. Every time I call it's something else. I have done everything, even have PayPal supervisor call Walmart debit card and advise the charge back is fine and also PayPal told the manager they tried to send funds back 2 times already but their system won't receive the funds. I'm sitting here. My money is in the air. It took me 5 mins to have PayPal call them and tell them the charge back is OK. They still extended my dispute 45 days and tell me to wait for a answer. I'm very upset and don't understand waiting on a answer when PayPal already told them they tried sending the funds back. Can somebody help me please? Thanks.

HI Kashyya,

I'd like to have our team look into this for you. If necessary, we can rush you a card.

Please direct message us with the best phone number to call you and we'll reach out to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I've had the WORST experience with this stupid Walmart money card... My initial card came to my address with no issues... I then called to just inquire about a transaction and the rep cancelled my card without letting me know!! It's now 2 freaking cards later with no access to my damn money. I only signed up because I wanted to get my direct deposit earlier. I should've stayed with my card I had with another company. Now I call and the rep (who I can hardly understand) tells me now I will have to wait 3 MORE DAMN business days WHICH NOW MAY BE 5 ** DAYS??? I'm beyond pissed and very irritated. I have to pay my damn bills (WHICH ARE PAST DUE NOW) and have no access to MY money???... This is ridiculous. I've called 4 times in one week to speak with a Rep and still the same BS... They don't know why I haven't received my card...

Well if my card doesn't come this week I will definitely take legal action. I hate I even went through this service. ON TOP OF THAT I ONLY KNOW THE LAST GD 4 DIGITS OF MY CARD NUMBER that is STILL in route to come smmfh. The rep then tells me to give my landlord the routing number and account number to pay rent. ARE YOU ** KIDDING ME???... I'm not paying a cell phone bill. I'm paying RENT DUMMY... SO you guys only use your card for buying groceries because the reps will go and file BS just to cancel the card and then you will never see a card come AGAIN. If someone I see has this card trust me I will definitely tell them TO GET ANOTHER CARD SOMEWHERE ELSE... I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!

Hi Katie,

Walmart and Green Dot are committed to protecting its customers against fraud and it appears that is what happened here. I would like to have a customer specialist track your card and provide a solution for you.

Please direct message us with the best phone number to call you on.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I have had my Walmart card almost 10 years and for the first time I can say they suck so bad. On the 17th of october I had a transaction that I did not approve. So I called and the rep, told me I will get another one out. I received an email on the 24th saying if I did not receive the card in 48 hours give them a call. I called and they cancelled that card. I called back a few days later and was told I would receive it by FEDex, today is 11/07/16 and I have nothing. My paycheck goes direct deposit and showing I have 2,285.00 on my card. Rent, car, and others bills do. Guess I need a lawyer to get in they behinds. Will never use them again, after I get my payroll check off of this mess.

HI Tamara,

I'd like to have a customer care specialist look into this further for you. We'll give you a call on the phone number provided to us by Consumer Affairs. If there is a better phone number to reach you on, please send it to us via direct message.

Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I will not ever use them again for direct deposit. I had two unauthorized transactions on my account which I called and told them... They did not care. The reps show no empathy and when I requested to speak to a supervisor I was told they were on another call and they could not speak to me basically saying they did not value me as a customer. I was told they could not cancel those unauthorized transactions and that I would have to wait 10 days for them to go thru then file a complaint and would have to wait another 10 days to possibly get my money back... This is so unfair.

I work hard for my money and being a single mother who's money has been completely taken out my account unauthorized has really put me in a bind. And any bank that I know of who you go to and you notify them of unauthorized transactions they refund your money that you work hard for within 24 to 72 hrs... I don't trust Walmart and mainly after speaking with numerous reps who treat you with no respect or empathy I really have no belief that I will see my hard earned money again. I was told those 2 charges were pending and my money was on hold for those transactions so why could be they not try to cancel and dispute them right away makes no sense... Never Again will I ever out my earned money in Walmart's hands. Should of known better. They treat their employees like garbage so why should they treat a single mother on limited income any different...

Walmart MoneyCard Company Profile