3.5/5 (8087 ratings)

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

About Walmart MoneyCard

The Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid banking card. The card includes a variety of features such as cash back rewards at Walmart.com, Walmart Fuel Stations and Walmart stores. The card has no fees at Walmart locations, and it has a mobile app that lets you track your purchases and deposit funds into your account.

Pros

• Cash back on Walmart purchases
  • 2% APY annually
  • Up to four free family accounts

Cons

• No fees only at Walmart locations
  • Numerous fees

Bottom Line

The Walmart MoneyCard is a good choice for frequent Walmart shoppers. The card has cash back rewards up to $75 each year. You can manage your funds and deposit cash on the go with the MoneyCard app.

Top Walmart MoneyCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Verified

Everything's working very well with my Walmart MoneyCard. I like that I can’t go over. … I can go to the store right now, and in five minutes, it’s already showed up on my transac...

Verified

I like my Walmart MoneyCard. It really is great. I love it. I like that I don’t have to have a bank account. I use their online app and I like that I can check my transactions and...

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

What is a Walmart MoneyCard?

The Walmart money card is a prepaid debit card offered through Walmart. Customers earn cash back rewards for using their Walmart MoneyCard at Walmart stores and fuel stations and online at Walmart.com. The cash back rewards can be accessed after 12 months of use as long as the card maintains a positive balance.

Other features of the Walmart MoneyCard include:

• No overdraft fees
  • 2% annual interest
  • Free cash reloads using the Walmart app
  • ASAP Direct Deposit
  • Free family accounts

To enroll in the Walmart MoneyCard program, visit the company’s website and fill out the application form. You must supply your name, address, phone number, Social Security number and preferred card type: Visa or Mastercard.

Walmart MoneyCard fees

The Walmart MoneyCard has several fees, including:

• Monthly fee: $5.94, but waived if $1,000 or more was loaded onto the card in the previous monthly period
  • ATM withdrawal: $2.50
  • Teller cash withdrawal: $2.50
  • Cash reload fee: $5.95, but free if cash is loaded using the app at a Walmart location
  • ATM balance inquiry: 50 cents
  • Activation fee: One-time $1 fee
  • International transactions: 3% of purchase
  • Paper checks: $5.95 for a pack of 12 paper checks
  • Card replacement fee: $3 for standard delivery and $15 for expedited delivery

Walmart MoneyCard FAQ

Does Walmart MoneyCard deposit early?
Yes, with the ASAP Direct Deposit feature, customers can access their payday funds two days early and benefits four days early.
How do I activate my Walmart MoneyCard?
To activate your Walmart MoneyCard, enroll in the program and follow the instructions provided for activating your card. There is a one-time $1 setup and activation fee.
Can I withdraw money from my Walmart MoneyCard?
Yes, but ATM and teller fees apply.
How do I check my balance on my Walmart MoneyCard?
Use the Walmart MoneyCard app to check your card’s balance, make mobile check deposits and monitor transactions.
Can I use my Walmart MoneyCard at a gas pump?
Yes. Plus, you earn 2% cash back if you use the card at a Walmart fuel station.

Is the Walmart MoneyCard good?

The Walmart MoneyCard is good for customers who frequently shop at Walmart stores and are looking for a simple way to manage money while earning rewards. The simple nature of the card and app helps customers load funds and monitor transactions wherever they are. However, it is best to keep an eye on the fees associated with ATM withdrawals and cash reloads.

Walmart MoneyCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I am blocked from retrieving over $500 of my funds from a family card/account and I cannot get any resolution from Walmart Moneycard regarding returning my money. This is the most unprofessional customer service situation I have ever encountered. It is criminal that this company can take control of your money and leave you helpless to get your money back.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I open the Walmart card because it was convenience for me. I order and paid for checks for my money matters. Then when I go to use a check to pay my arrear rent impromptu. I called them to create a check for rent for $400.00. Instead they give me a, "We don't know what you talking about l. We can't do a check for you. Just go to the app." And I have used this check with them before. Call, give them the check number, amount and to whom. And today we don't know what you say. Just go to the app. It is disrespectful to have a business with a consumer and be Telling them to use the service how you please and not how it is legally convenience for the customer. I realized then I don't need their service if I can't rely on using it as advertised. Prepaid checks. Of which I purchase few blank one. Just needed to call, retain amount towards the check. So I'm moving to another company.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Ordered food for Thanksgiving dinner (plus 2 other items for the bathroom that were to be delivered by UPS) ... Total bill came to just over $85, which $51 of it was the food part. Food order was to be delivered between 6 and 7 pm on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving ... Waited until after 7 before I called about my order .... Was told that TWO people had picked the order up, but both of them had cancelled it before leaving the store ... The REP told me that she saw a third person had picked up my order at 7:01 and it would be delivered before the hour was up, she offered to refund me my delivery fee of $7.95 to make up for my inconvenience ... I thanked her and waited ... And waited ... And waited. 8 pm and no order ... So I called again ...

I was informed that the order had been returned to the store as the delivery person could not find the address (NEVER had that problem before) and that the order had been scanned for delivery (AGAIN) at 7:25 pm ... And again ... I was told that I would get my order within an hour, this time it was GUARANTEED!!!! 9 pm and no order ... This time I called and told them just to cancel the food part and I would order from a different store ... The person was kinda short with me and would only offer me $35 of the $51 on my food bill (said something to the effect of that they could not discuss financial issues over the phone) ... When I asked to speak with their supervisor, I literally was yelled at as to WHY I wanted to speak to their supervisor, I informed them that I wanted to resolve this problem and that they were not cooperating with me ... They proceeded to hang up on me ...

BY now I was fuming AND I waited until the next morning (so that I could calm down) and called again ... Spoke to a lovely lady with a slight Indian accent and she said she was so sorry about the mix up and could see on my order that it had been cancelled several times and that I was shorted on my return ... She issued another refund of $16 for the rest of the food and then offered me a 10% off code the next time I shopped at Walmart. Took almost 2 weeks to get ALL my money back, which is stupid nowadays, considering that everything is done digitally and electronically .... Money can be transferred from bank to another bank, anywhere in the world ... In an instant ... Why is it that they can take the money out of my account in a split second, but can't return it for 2 weeks or more.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

I bought and registered this card on July 10. The next day on July 11, I was charged 5.94 as a monthly plan fee. Yet the rules state that a monthly fee is waived when you place a direct deposit into your account for the previous "month." Well, for Walmart the "previous month" means a single day. So make sure you set up your direct deposit on the same exact time you register your card or you will be charged the monthly fee.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Updated on 10/21/2022: I had this card for 3 weeks, and as others have said, it was hacked. The person didn't get the chance to steal my money as I just happened to be on my app and see them unlocking my card. I placed it in savings. I closed my account 10/3/2022. I received word from Walmart Moneycard that I was never in life allowed to open another account with them. Because I didn't let their hacker get my money is what it was. I had made a 10k deposit and they were quick to get the hacker to work. I then requested my money back and they said I had to wait 2 weeks. Why??? Because they wanted to charge me 5.94 on the 17th, even though they closed my account and said I could never have an account there. I was treated like crap because they could not get their hands on my money so they found ways to steal it anyway. 5.94 for service fee 3.00 new card fee for a card I never got.

It has been 18 days and I still have no clue when I will get my money as of today, it has not been sent out. Oh, they "supposed cash back." You're allowed $75.00 in one year in cash back and you have to wait a year to get it. I had the full $75.00 already earned in one month, so of course they couldn't really give anyone $75.00 a year, they will find a way to close your account so you cannot get the cashback. They are shady and scandalous and they have nothing to do with the Walmart Co. I bet it's not much longer that Walmart will refuse to let them use their name. At least, that is my goal.

Do not give these people $5, they will rob you blind. Ever wonder why you can't leave a review on them like most other companies? Because they don't want people to read the truth before they sign up. READ the reviews! In 3 weeks, your money will be gone and if you do happen to make it, you will never make it to the end of the year to get your cash back. It's a fabrication, you won't get it... False advertising just so they can steal your money. Don't ever think you're getting your money back either, you're not! They will make sure of it.

Original Review: For those of those who falsely believe that this is an actual product of Walmart, you would be mistaken. They have based their reputation on Walmart's and they have proven repeatedly that they have nowhere near close to the accountability that the WalMart has. It's sad they are allowed to ride the coattails of a successful business because they certainly missed the mark in their brand.

I got this card and deposited 10k, I was hacked and the hacker took over every email address, my entire computer, my iPhone and all my credit/debit cards. There was nothing I could do but sit there on my app for this so called bank and watch the button move from lock to unlock when I locked it. Not because of an issue with the card or app but there was someone else who had my app controlling my card and I could do nothing!!! I reported it lost or stolen after standing guard for many hours. I moved my money to savings and prayed he couldn't get to it. I could no longer access my app at all and had to call for balance inquiry when I was told I had $0. I assumed he got what he came for.

I began reaching out to tell them of my experience and they cancel my card, my account and I can never get another card again from them. Oh BooHoo!! I've got a wallet full of prepaid cards and they have never let anyone access my financial information or given them straight access to my funds. I'm better off going another direction. If you're reading this, so are you! Trust me! So, then I get a new card with my balance on it, I go to activate ACCOUNT CLOSED! Due to....FRAUD!! Seriously? The most fraudulent business I have seen wants to accuse me, the account holder with plenty of money in my account, of fraud.

Excuse me??? Yes, you heard exactly right. Now, I'm accused of fraud after the amount of my first deposit, I expected more like an apology that they compromised my entire world, but that was never forthcoming. So instead of admitting their fault and that they actually lack any security over the accounts at all, I get accused of stealing my own money. Imagine that for a few minutes folks... There is no customer loyalty for keeping high balances or for never overdrawing anything. But, no there is no loyalty when dealing with bad business. Buyer Beware, if you intend to deposit large sums of cash, this is NOT the place for that nor are any of your funds safe. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I had a deposit go in yesterday and magically today my account was compromised, and it could take 2 weeks to get a refund check. They will however do me a favor and expedite me getting MY money back in 5 business days.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

If you have a problem with this card and you contact them, you will be told many different things dependent upon who answers the phone. They lie by giving you a fake name, they lead you to believe that there are different departments i.e. Accounting Specialists and there is no Accounting Department. They pass you around from person to person who tell you things that you know are not true and contradict what someone else has told you when you called previously. I had a situation with a temporary hold being placed on my card for a specific amount and the actual charges being less than the amount that was placed on hold, for the vendor. When I called to have the difference refunded back to my card, I was told there was no difference due.

No matter how I tried to explain that if a certain amount was placed on hold and less than that amount was used that the balance needed to be placed back on the account (or released if you will) they never understood what I was saying. One person said, you gotta call the vendor. Another said, there is no reason to call the vendor. My experience was totally frustrating and it was a waste of time to call the corporate resolution department (that was probably a fake department that I was referred to). The Dispute Resolution Department said they could not help me only Customer Service Support could help. Customer Service Support said, there was no issue. I will never use the card for a hotel stay ever again and I definitely won't have my payroll check deposited to this bank. Be very careful when using this card. Stick to the simple things. If you put money on it to pay a bill. Put the money, pay the bill.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I have had my checks direct deposited on this card. My dog ate our card and my wife called to find out how we could get the money off the card. They stated, "You could transfer the money to another green dot card." So my wife stayed on the phone with the lady while she instructed my wife on how to do this. My wife did it. As soon as it was complete within 5 minutes of getting off the phone we received an email saying our card was locked due to suspicious activity. Mind you this is the activity they told us to do. Then after calling back they said, "You have to email a copy of your license for verification." We have done that. It's been 3 days. They told us it would take 2. Mind you $1700 dollars of my money is locked on this card. When we call we ask to speak to fraud and they hang up on us.

We ask to speak to a manager and the manager gets on. We explain and they hang up on. Now when you log into our account it says the account is CLOSED. We have called 17 times and they continue to hang up on us and will not help us. DO NOT USE THIS CARD. I do not know where my money is and their customer service is terrible. You cannot call their corporate office for help. There is no phone number for it. Beware of this card.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I've had my MoneyCard hacked for $400 in the past 3 weeks. They send me a new card, but I refuse to use it again. This has happened numerous times so don't use Walmart money card unless you like your money stolen.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I've been using Walmart for years and it was amazing until now. I deposited $1000 for my rent on Sunday and stored it in vault so as not to mess with it.. I go to pay rent next day and it said my account is negative $773.. Impossible I should have wayyy more than that.. I called and the transaction said MONEY REVERSAL from Walmart.. this was AFTER I stored it in the vault.. so the person REVERSED my transaction AFTER.. How if I was never given anything? And I called and they said there are no issues so basically they stole my money and think it's ok? I haven't even paid my rent and still have the 1300 untouched in the vault where I can not access it because if I move it they will take it. How do I pay my rent when they stole my money.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information