Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello Damean,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are so happy to hear you're enjoying our direct deposit feature. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you. Don't forget to visit www.attheregister.com for all your reload needs. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: July 27, 2017

Excellence in affordability and convenience. This card allows me to receive my payroll check via direct deposit two days early. I use it in all places that accept debit and/or credit cards. It is Visa affiliated so I use it with ease. I get cash withdrawals at grocery stores in the customer service department when I am not near a Walmart. This card has helped my family tremendously.

Hello Andrea,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We value your business and we thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: July 21, 2017

This card has been a wonderful alternative to traditional banking for me. I have always had negative experiences with all my past bank branches. I forgot them difficult to work with and the customer service, awful. Since I switched to the Wal-Mart MoneyCard that all changed. It makes budgeting your money easy, I can pay all my bills online with, making everything so convenient. And the customer service at my local Wal-Mart is amazing! Everyone is really friendly and extremely helpful!! Thanks guys!!!

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you're taking advantage of our online services. When encourage you to take full advantage of our online services provided to you. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I love how easy it is to navigate their website and how I am able to get account information whenever I want. If I do need to call Customer Service they are helpful and courteous and always able to answer my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm disabled and I'm in severe pain 24 hrs per day everyday, so anytime I have to do anything extra it's an effort. I set up direct deposit years ago for my SSA monthly check, therefore I'm not suppose to be charged a monthly fee. Since you started posting these checks "Early" sometimes my acct shows 2 deposits in the same month and none in another month. So, a fee is charged. Getting it corrected is a hassle!

I called because I was originally told I would not be charged a fee when reloading my card. When I reload the card I kept getting charged a fee. I could not understand why I kept getting charged and called to see what was going on. After the representative looked into everything apparently there is no fee for loading when cashing a check. I was mistaken because I was only loading with cash. So that was clarified for me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been more than happy with my card and what I can accomplish with my card. However, after using the card for over 10 years, I have been very upset that after years of being notified of deposits and balances by text, that suddenly stopped, and after many calls to the company, all they ever told me was that I needed to go online and put in the needed information. It was always there, and I have redone it many times to no avail.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Love the card and the fact that I can get direct deposit on it. Plus my card is a picture of my son so I think that's cool. Only problem you have is my account information online. My transactions are all over the place and sometimes I think they mess it up and transactions from the previous month that have already taken money off my card are reset and put on the current month and take money out again, but I can't prove it because the records are so messed up. I don't like using my card a lot because of this issue.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been using Wal-Mart cards for years. Quick and easy to use. Direct deposit is very fast. Usually receive it the day before. Wish there were more places to use free atm. Don't like having to pay to add more money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I first got the account and had direct deposit. There was a promo going on for "Get $25 when you direct deposit $600 into your account." Well, I got the 25 but then someone on the other side deposited another 25 and then another 25 dollars. Which in turn made me negative $50. It wasn't my fault for the entire mistake. I did use the money for gas so I could continue going to work. But I shouldn't have been punished for it. I thought it was for the sweepstakes, but as it turned out, it wasn't. So, my experience could have been better but I have no other complaints. Giving you a 4 out of 5.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had cancelled my online order within 30 minutes after placing it. I had a family emergency and I was going to be leaving town that same night and I wasn't sure how long before I returned home. I called Walmart.com and explained my situation and honestly the lady helping me was very nice, and understanding. I then called my Walmart Money Card so I could get my funds back on my card. The person assured me the funds would be on my card later on that night. Well I didn't check my funds until the next day and no funds were put back on my card.

Well after countless calls and different attendants, 2 or 3 supervisors, a few heated conversations from my wife and me, and almost a month passed, I was told that I will not be getting a refund from my cancelled order. So my only complaint is that I lost out $100 of merchandise that I paid for but never received in items or cash. But I will say that everyone of the attendants on the phone were very patient, respectful, and did all they could except deliver me the items or refund my money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have my payroll check direct deposited to the card. Pretty often the situation comes along that I really need to withdraw almost all of my pay off the card. The only thing about the card I don't like is that the card limits me to usually no more $250. Now usually my pay is around $600 every deposit. It would be a lot more convenient for me if it would let me withdraw at least $500 at once when I need to. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with my Walmart MoneyCard.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don't receive need cards and mine get worn out before my renewal, and with all the changes, like the new card readers, we long time members should get the updated cards?! I've never been able to use my card at any ATM?? Besides those things, it has served all my needs for a lot of years now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a message my card problem was fixed. IT IS NOT! My debit cards WILL NOT dispense cash through ANY ATM! The screen always shows TRANSACTION INCOMPLETE! NO OTHER EXPLANATION! Please advise what can be done. It would be nice to have the card work correctly! Let me know.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had my card for a few years now! But no longer able to get into my app because I can't remember my password and have not been able to get assistance or help! It really stinks to have to call the number every single time when I need my balance.

Hello Diane,

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Use my card constantly... I just wish there were cheaper reloads. I live 20 miles from the nearest Walmart. Doesn't pay to drive there just to reload. Also wish the monthly fee could be waived with a minimum deposit -- Otherwise I love the card and convenience.

Hi William,

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Very happy with the no load fees bummed with the monthly service fee. Work's great for internet shopping and online bill payments. Love the customize able card and account service online is wonderful. The email bill pay reminder is a great thing for the forgetful type like me.

Greetings Hope,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We value your business and thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have liked using my card, but I have had charges before that I've disputed and you always tell me you can't fix it or get the company to refund me either, but I love everything else about the account and card, will continue to use this account for now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Walmart charges 3.00 to cash or put money on card and then the card charges me monthly service charge. It cost me to use the card if I withdraw money from ATM. IT COST ME TO GET MY OWN DAMN MONEY. I AM REALLY SICK OF IT. WALMART HAS PISSED ME OFF.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have had the Walmart money card for a couple of years now and I actually have two accounts. Everything has been great except I keep getting charged random monthly fees for both even though I have direct deposit on both accounts. If I do not call in regularly to have it refunded, I am simply out of luck as they will only refund fees that occur in the last 90 days even when they are in the wrong for charging them. I have recommended the card to others, but told them to beware of the hidden monthly fee. It is obvious that Walmart or its issuing bank are not concerned about fixing it, I have brought it to their attention multiple times.

Hi Diane,

The team will send you a replacement card two weeks prior to the expiration of your current card. Thank you for being a valued customer!

JR, Customer Care,

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

When my card expires will you send me a new one or do I have to get a different one. Thank you. Diane **. I have no problems with your card and think it's great. I really would like to have a answer to my question, it would really help me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Careful. They can be really difficult to work with. I can't do business with people I can't understand! Also I had an experience, I withdrew money and it was not issued. I filed a dispute, 10 days minimum wait? Why? Chase admitted it was in error and I can't even provide more evidence. You lost a customer you had for years!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I first started using the Walmart MoneyCard I enjoyed it and it came in handy for me. Last Thursday I tried taking a picture of my Pay check which is a printed check from a pretty big company, and it said it wouldn't accept that type of check. What type will it accept? Then I wasn't even able to get my check cashed at Walmart or Food Lion because of trying to deposit the check on the MoneyCard. It made it as if it did deposit the check when I took the picture. I even spoke with someone on the phone from the MoneyCard Services and I told them about not being able to get the check cashed at Walmart the first time and they assured me there would be no problem getting it cashed. I tried at Walmart again and Food Lion and still wasn't able to get it cashed. I finally had to pay $8.00 at a bank to get it cashed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

For the most part my experience has been good however, there have been 2 occasions the I had to dispute charges and you were NOT FOR THE CUSTOMER. You were for the retailer and that marks for bad service the second time. The retailer gave me the credit and you still cancelled my card that I have had for like 5 years, which was very upsetting.

Hi Lillian,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We value the opportunity to help people with their financial needs and it's clear you've experienced this firsthand!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Every time I have ever needed assistance, the customer service rep I have worked with was helpful, friendly, courteous, even though occasionally it was hard to understand what they were saying through their accent. Always have had a quick and easy resolution to my problems.

Hi Rowland,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I enjoy the *cashless* convenience of using my Walmart card everywhere I need to. Plus, I appreciate this accessibility of various Walmart locations whereby I can easily load my card. Lastly, I benefit greatly by managing my finances through the text messaging and online features. Thank you so very much! :-)

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a fraudulent charge on my card. This is a horrible experience alone, your bank should be there to assist you. That was NOT my experience. They didn't take notes on my original phone call when I saw the pending charge. So EVERY time I called I had to explain everything. Sent an email they requested and never got a confirmation. They didn't explain the entire process and originally made it seem like I would get my money back in 10 days. Waited for them to call or email like they said they would. They didn't. At 11 days I call them, and they say my dispute was overshipping NOT fraud so they declined it. I corrected them again and now we have to start ALL over again. I have my checks direct deposited in this account and now I am wondering if I should continue.

Hi Aqualau,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

My experience with my MoneyCard has been great. I'm actually shocked that I have no complaints, what so ever. I like the fact that I didn't have to do anything after my replacement card came in the mail. My direct deposit was automatically updated.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We value your business and we thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs.. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Had a problem with adding multiple accounts for a utility vendor with your online bill paying that took a while to sort out, but was eventually remedied. My older card does not have the vault feature, which I would find useful, but overall the card has served me well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I put money on my card and all my information was taken off my card without my permission. All my info was changed. I will never ever use Walmart MoneyCard ever again and I will happily tell everyone I know about what happen to me so they won't have to go thru the same thing I did with a Walmart MoneyCard.

Hi Chance,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We're happy to hear you're enjoying our direct deposit feature. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

It’s been a wonderful professional experience. No problems, and no thefts that I know of. I have also used the direct deposit and the staff was helpful and deposit were fast and easy. I would recommend this to anyone. I use my money card everywhere. I load it and my money is secure and safe. I have had no reason to change banks as I have been using a Wal-Mart Visa for 3 plus years. It is easier for me to travel lightly, without a wallet of the burden of losing cash. I only carry my Visa and my driver’s license. How about that?

Hi Veronica,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you and feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I've had these cards for almost nine years! I like the fact that you can get an extra card for a family member. That is what I did and now my mom has the other card and I get to send money to my mom to another state through these cards and I don't pay extra. Awesome!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a disputed transaction with Green Dot Bank as somebody stole my entire social security deposit on July 21st. Today is the 7th business day and I have not heard about what the resolution is. I sent my money to no one. I am a 72 year old man on a fixed income, and nobody at Green Dot will listen to me. PLEASE HELP ME, as I had to borrow money to pay my apartment rent and I need to buy food. I need my money refunded to me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very disappointed in Walmart master card. It is not set up for people on a set income. It is not set up for people with set incomes. At the end of a month I have will have to pay 20 plus dollars towards reloading fees not counting monthly fees. That's 20 dollars of food or gas to doctor for treatment taken away. I purchased this card to pay bills so I don't use benefit card. Netspend does not charge to reload their card. And it doesn't have to be 20 or more dollars each time. So very disappointed.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Profile