Walmart MoneyCard

I love my Walmart MoneyCard. It's easy to use and I get my direct deposited one day before it comes out. Love, love, loved it. Thank you. I will tell my family and friends about Walmart MoneyCard. It's a great way to get your direct deposit and taxes add on your card easy and safe.

I got this card mainly for direct deposit due to my previous job's requirements. I didn't have a bank at the time, so I went to WalMart and picked up a pre-paid! It was easy to activate and I've had no problems with the DD. Now that I have a bank and a job with no DD requirements, I still use my WalMart card almost daily! I put the money I want to spend on it, and I use it for online shopping, Redbox, etc. No crazy fees or anything, and I just get cash back if needed at the check stand at stores for free! I definitely recommend this card to anyone. :)

I love the Walmart MoneyCard. Easy to use, no hassles, and works exactly how I expect it. No withdrawal limits too! Also no overdraft nonsense. If I don't have the funds, they just simply deny that card. No fee, no tricks, just a simple card denied. The iOS mobile app works great and is always updated with the correct amount! I use the Walmart MoneyCard as my primary card and I also have direct deposit setup. I'll be a card holder for life. :)

I absolutely love my Walmart MoneyCard. It has all the features of a bank card without the hassle of worrying about overdrafts and bank hours. I can either opt for direct deposit which I love and do, or I can upload money to it from any register at the Walmart store. It's just very convenient. Plus who doesn't love the option of earning cash back rewards when you use your card to purchase items that you needed anyway?!

Not happy with it. When I was working my payroll check worked well, but then I was injured on the job and started receiving workmans comp checks. I went to Walmart to cash and upload my checks to my card. They would not cash my Checks. I called the 1-800 to no avail. They could not help me, so I had to move on and get another card which was a US Money card. Green Dot bank same bank but different people I guess, but this put me in a bad situation so I had to change. Not happy at all with the Walmart card too many restrictions I say.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

I've been using the Walmart money card for over a year now instead of a regular bank account. It works perfectly for me because there's no way that I can overdraft the card and overdraft fees at banks can become very expensive. I would recommend this card to anyone.

I love my Walmart money card. The only thing I don't like is receipts print my available balance. If I go to a restaurant it prints on all receipts. I don't like anyone but me having access to that information. However, I do love the fact that my direct deposit is available to me a day early.

For the most part I have been very happy with the Wal-Mart MoneyCard but lately I have noticed that there has been charges credited to my account for things I did not purchase. When I called to find out what was going on it became a game of phone tag. I got transfer from department to another and nothing got no results. Customer service was no help at all. Very disappointed and I still don't have any idea what's going on.

Beautiful, I can do everything at one stop meaning pay bill and shop and you take a large amount off at one time. I have not had any problems whatsoever. I would tell anyone how much it has work for me.

I'm happy with the bill pay feature. I really like having the perks of a checking account without dealing with checks. Also like being able to check balance via app, online, or phone. Easy to use and accepted anywhere Visa is accepted. Also love the new "stash" plan and earning cash back for purchases.

Absolutely love my Walmart card. I would like it even better if it didn't charge $3.00 to put money on it since I'm already charged a monthly fee. Customer Service is great also. ❤ I love my Harrisville Walmart...

I've had nothing but great experiences with this card. I enjoy being able to get my paycheck 2 days earlier. Helps when I need to pay a bill on time. I also like being able to load my card at Walmart. Makes it easier on me and I do like the app as well. Haven't had any problems yet and I doubt I will.

Love the card. I haven't had any problems. My payroll is on a day early. The vault was a great addition to this card. I like that you have a contest for your holders. Looking forward to new additions to this card. All my online ordering was successful.

I've been a Walmart prepaid card holder for years and I finally switched over to the new Walmart prepaid debit cards that you have. Overall It has been a positive experience although my regular direct deposits are hitting my account later than when I had my old card & account. It is kinda a bummer considering all the advertising you guys do on the possibility of early direct deposits with switching over to the new card. I'm also disappointed in not being able to order checks through my account on a PC. Why is it only available on a smartphone?

I really enjoy my Walmart visa card and I really enjoyed getting my paycheck early and I also enjoy shopping and paying my bills with it and I can get my money off of it with the Walmart ATM without being charge a big fee.

I love my card. I get my paycheck two days early, I never have a problem. I do wish that we had more ATM options. The app is easy to navigate and use. Another useful option would be to be able to use our cash back before we spend all the money.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Verdise,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs. Please private message us if there is a better phone number to reach you.

Thank you!

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I am satisfied with my Walmart MoneyCard but the only thing I feel is too expensive is charging $3.00 every time you load your card. This charge adds up and is expensive. I know you do not charge if a certain amount of funds are deposited electronically each month but for customers that have less money deposited each month we get no break. I feel this charge should be less.

I enjoy using the money card. It's essentially the same as a bank account for the purposes I use it for. Just wish there were more ATM options. Sometimes Walmart is not always close by and the ATM's are still charging to use those located into Walmart.

Best Walmart card, which I use, and I enjoy the card. I buy and online and store, great service, which I pay bills, and snacks and best service. I enjoy shopping at walmart, and which my tax refund was easy deposit in my cards.

I have nothing but positive results with my WalMart MoneyCard. It's very handy and direct deposit is great. Money always in the bank. Thank you WalMart for having such fun and helpful people at the money center and the online is easy as can be. Thank you.

It would be better with no reload fee. The card is actually very convenient and works in many situations! The abundance of Walmart makes it very easy to find a location to reload and or pay bills. The ability to get your monthly fee waived is also nice.

I've found it easy to use and convenient. The only problem I've had was the time it took for renewal. I use my card for direct deposits and waiting two to three weeks for the new one was a bit of an inconvenience but overall I've had a very satisfactory experience with these cards.

I love my Walmart Moneycard but I do wish paper checks were free. I only use my Walmart Moneycard for my finances and I feel that it's unfair that I have to pay for paper checks that are usually free at other finance banks/services. I also wish there was a way I could get a chip on my card.

I really love my card!! Plus getting my paycheck a couple day early is awesome. Would highly recommend the Walmart money card. The only thing I don't like is the fee on the card on withdraws from other atms.

I love using the money card. The only thing that I wish I could do is change the available amount on a card connected to the account. That way all the money is available on my card and I could just put $20 or so on the 'authorized users' card.

It would be better if you could link up the cash saver to the card. Other than that it is good. I would suggest that you link them so we did not have to use so many cards. I would like to cut back on at least one or two cards instead of multiple cards.

I am happy with my experience. I just wish that we wouldn't get fees for withdrawal from a Walmart atm. Also the $1,000.00 min deposit to not get the fee is rough to reach for some if they only get paid every two weeks. They may only get $800 put on the card.

This has been an easy experience with using the Walmart MoneyCard. I had a habit of losing money while in hand then I got the card and I've been better since I got it. I've recommended people to use this service also. You can save money and use money at the same.

I want to know why when you deposit so much money you can't extend over 2500? Extend it to where more than that can be deposited. Add more and I will be okay to add 5 stars instead of four.

I haven't had any issues or concerns with my MoneyCard. It's absolutely great, besides the fact that my direct deposit reminder is often delayed well after the fact that I have already received. That's the only problem I've found.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Profile