3.38/5
Based on 1,544 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that provides consumers with cash back rewards on purchases they make every day. Use it everywhere Debit MasterCard® or Visa® debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Rewards include 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, and 1% cash back at Walmart stores. Earn up to $75 in cash back rewards per year.

Walmart MoneyCard offers free direct deposit and will allow you to send money for free to other Green Dot Bank issued cards. The new Walmart MoneyCard app is now available to track your money around the clock. Contact us today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

7091 Walmart MoneyCard Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I love my Walmart prepaid debit card and it is the card I use primarily everyday. I originally got it for safe online shipping, then I noticed my direct deposits were showing up the majority of the time 3 or so business days ahead of schedule. That was a huge positive, then as I started using the card more and more I discovered all the other great services that came along with using my Walmart prepaid debit card. For example using the piggy bank to be able to stash money away so it’s not tempting me to spend it from my available balance total. Also, being able to pay bills and send money to friends and family without any fees is amazing, and even sending and receiving money and having the option to load to my PayPal account, where it has always shown up immediately for me has been my other favorite perk.

I will finish up by saying, continuously using my Walmart prepaid debit card and earning points and cashback all the while is definitely worth telling people about. This card has ending up being the one thing I am never without. I have gotten numerous friends and family members to switch over and get their own Walmart prepaid debit cards, and every one of them love their cards and sings its praises as well. Thank you Walmart for making it so easy and worthwhile to use the Walmart prepaid debit card. You definitely have a lifetime customer right here! Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

Great feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your Green Dot Card and hope that it continues to service your every need. As with any business, the greatest advertising that any company can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Green Dot Card and all of it's great features!

Green Dot Bank

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

Update on 9/10/2019: Someone somehow, was able to get ahold of my debit card numbers and went to town on purchases of the last weekend. I went to the Walmart site online and printed a the claims form for transactions dispute. I filled that out and did a review on this site. I received a call in a few day from a representative of ConsumerAffairs. I emailed the same information I had sent by mail to the email address he gave me. Over the phone he was able to have new card sent that arrived in two days. Before I hung up he said I will get a confirmation email that he received the information I sent.

I didn't get a confirmation email, I called the next morning to see I sent it to the right address and it was confirmed I did. The lady was nice and very helpful as well as the gentleman on the phone. I had two disputes. One of the has been refunded already and I'm waiting on the status of the next one. I am pleased with the response time because we all have bill to pay and credit scores to maintain right!!! Thank you for the awesome service during an unfortunate incident that plaques good customers everyday.

Original Review: I loved this card and have always stood up for this card vs any bank. I get daily text alerts on balance. Today I just received a text my balance was 500 short. I found out this weekend I am a victim of fraud and have to change everything. I am not sure if how Walmart will handle this. But I already reported everything and will call again to make sure I can get a new card and have it transferred. Without the daily text I would have not known so quickly. I am CA and someone in Michigan is racking up transaction. Be careful and get the daily text. I will update if I get the transactions reversed. In this world theft will always be high. I just want the purchases reversed.

Hello Durrell,

We’re glad that we were able to address the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: June 5, 2019

I've been using the MoneyCard for nearly a year now and absolutely LOVE the ease of use, reload and access to cash accessibility. Has just about all the features most BIG BANKS offer minus most of the issues with fees and overdraft related charges. I've never had to deal with customer service, which speaks VOLUMES, as I've never had to call over some ludicrous overdraft charge or hidden fee (usually caused by the bank itself not reflecting certain charges in as close to real time as possible. Tracking money on plastic vs paper can get tricky if funds withdrawals are delayed especially if the bank takes a few days to reflect pending transactions, which has been my prior issue with other banks). The App is user friendly as offers A LOT of very useful features.

Only CONS: Mobile deposit (which realistically should be a major Pro) is delayed by a week. My company doesn't offer direct deposit unfortunately so I was elated to see this feature once I downloaded the app. Womp, Womp, Womp. If I submit a picture of my check Friday afternoon it hasn't been available until the following Friday (tested it a few times, thank goodness I wasn't in dire straits) and once submitted you can't unsubmit and just take it into one of their many stores. If speed of deposit was turned around especially for customers who submit pay stubs from the same company consistently get a faster turn around or even the ability to back out if the fund availability date is too far out there. 2) Can't use with Uber or Lyft. Haven't ran into the issue anywhere else over the past year (Thankfully). Other than those two issues this has been Godsend. And I'm very pleased. Thank You????

Original review: April 7, 2019

I'm very satisfied with Moneycard. The only thing I don't understand is why certain businesses won't direct deposit to my account. That's the only thing that I don't like. It seems to be more of a problem with them. Do you have any resolution for that?

Hi Jami,

We appreciate your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your Walmart MoneyCard experience. Please be advised, when you enroll in direct deposit release of deposit is subject to your payment provider’s process and timing. If you have additional questions or concerns please contact us directly.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: April 3, 2019

K. I usually hate doing surveys and reviews, but this card is so good I'll give you a bit of my time. I'm a cash only kinda guy at heart, but in today's world you gotta have the plastic, and an account for direct deposit. Banks are horrible, lie about fees and fines (esp overdraft), and generally I've been treated like I'm some kind of pond scum by the clerks. The Walmart/Green Dot card is essentially attached to an online bank, does what no brick and mortar bank does; zero overdraft. In addition too there is a savings account attached, cash back at Walmart, and entries into some drawings with cash prizes (won $25 and I still don't know when I was entered). Direct deposit is super easy, and if you deposit over $1000 in a month there is no fee at all. Cash deposits are $3 to $5 but you can do them at other stores too. The only drawback I've seen is that Uber doesn't take them, but that's fine by me because Lyft does. I haven't found any other place that doesn't, online or brick. Really, I'm a picky customer mostly, my praise is hard to earn. I mean it when I say bravo Walmart, bravo.

Hi John,

You've got us all figured out! In fact, we’re a team that's dedicated to providing our customers with the best prepaid debit card possible. We’re so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your Walmart MoneyCard and hope that it continues to service your every need. Thanks for being a part of the Green Dot family.

Green Dot Corporation

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Somebody I worked with had a Walmart MoneyCard and at the time, the checks usually went in a day or two earlier so I got it too. Our fiscal checks come out on Friday and it usually goes in on Wednesday. I've recommended Walmart MoneyCard. I only have one reload location here near me though.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our card. We do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks by offering a variety of features and simple fees. Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My fiance doesn't have a checking account so he purchased this card over 4 years ago. His check from work hours his card 2 days earlier than if he had a checking account. Which is great! There are some places online that will not accept it because it's a reloadable credit card which can be a lil frustrating however, that is fine. When this happens I'll use my debit card from my checking account. No problems there and it's problem solved. I love that I can add money to his card when he's running low on cash in-between paydays. It's convenient and there's no overdraft fees. You cannot go wrong with this card. They accept it almost everywhere to pay your bills online etc. Thank you Green Dot for issuing a new card when his was broken. Same numbers same everything.

Hi Todd,

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I purchased a Walmart MoneyCard to receive direct deposits. This was 3 years ago. I love it. I've never had any issues and if I had a question customer service was great. The phone app makes everything simple and convenient. I receive my money early, everything can be handled in a matter of seconds on the phone. I don't even have to log in to check my balance with the slide for balance on the log in screen. My card is about to expire so I do have to call customer service to inquire on what I need to do because I haven't been able to find info for that. But from past experience I know I'll get the help I need without confusion. I've recommended this card to everyone. Great job!

Hi Monica,

We appreciate your feedback. As with any business, the greatest advertising that any company can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Green Dot Card and all of it's great features! We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs and assist with your expiring card.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I had a different prepaid debit card before I used the Walmart MoneyCard and they're pretty comparable. What Walmart does different and better than the previous prepaid card I had is that they don't charge a monthly fee. I have a portion of my direct deposit go to my card so I don't have to pay for a monthly fee and that helps a lot.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I wanted to switch bank accounts, and I needed to get my check direct deposited. I went with Walmart MoneyCard because it was just simple and easy. I also get my money available faster than I did in a regular bank account. I use it online all the time. Everything is going good with my Walmart MoneyCard, so far.

Hi Carmen,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our card. We do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks by offering a variety of features and simple fees. Please go to Greendot.com and see our new Unlimited Cash Back Bank Account. It comes with unlimited 3% cash back on all online and in-app purchases!

Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information