2.49/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that provides consumers with cash back rewards on purchases they make every day. Use it everywhere Debit MasterCard® or Visa® debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Rewards include 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, and 1% cash back at Walmart stores. Earn up to $75 in cash back rewards per year.

Walmart MoneyCard offers free direct deposit and will allow you to send money for free to other Green Dot Bank issued cards. The new Walmart MoneyCard app is now available to track your money around the clock. Contact us today to learn more!

ABBB Rating
View More View More

5768 Walmart MoneyCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 19, 2019

This morning (3/19) I received my direct deposit. I WORK for Walmart... I go to check my card so I could send money to my mother, and my account has been "blocked and pending review". I have called the customer service line and after waiting for a representative, she tells me my account will be reviewed within four hours. That's great, but I need my money now. I have currently asked to speak with a manager and the rep said she was going to see if there was an available manager for me to talk to... I've been sitting on the phone for about fifteen minutes now waiting for a manager. I'm just not sure why this is happening to me... You would think they would not have an issue with a large direct deposit WALMART themselves as it is called the WALMART MONEYCARD. Granted, I know it is ran by Green Dot, but I am just so disappointed. I was hoping for a better experience.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I have had a Walmart MoneyCard for well over 6 years. I LOVED this card. It worked for well for all of my needs. In August, my son left for college. I ordered a second card so that I could quickly and easily get money to my son. I never received it. After calling several times for not receiving it, they reversed the second card fee and I ordered a whole new card, with two cardholders. I got these two cards in a timely manner. Then, in January, my original card expired. I still use the card, so there is a balance on it. They said they sent me a new card. I never received it. From February first until today, I have ordered 17 replacement cards and have not received a single one. Last week, they sent one via FedEx. I called and got the tracking number and called FedEx. FedEx verified that the package had been delivered to an address that I haven’t lived at for 4 years. So, I called Walmart MoneyCard and asked.

They verified the correct address and I explained that’s not where it was delivered. They actually told me that, apparently, FedEx has something against me and they choose to deliver to the wrong address. So I asked them, FedEx in my city knows me on a first name basis. They deliver my sons medical supplies several times a month and we have a great relationship. What you’re telling me is, that despite knowing me and where I live, they decided it would be funny to deliver to an incorrect address? Knowing how important packages delivered to me are, they decided that they would take this ONE package to the wrong address?

The guy actually said “Yes! FedEx does that!” Well, they’ve sent another card. I’ve notified FedEx and put a hold on the package for me to pick up at their facility. I have already closed the new account and as soon as I get my money out of this one, I will be closing it, as well. I can’t do business with a company that will so ridiculously blame THEIR mistake on another company.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My husband has had this card for over 7 years with no issues. He had a fraudulent transaction made that nearly drained his account ONE DAY after his paycheck was direct deposited. It is so clearly obvious that it is fraud, being the only transaction in Waco Texas on a day that he used the card in central Oklahoma a couple hours prior to the Texas transaction was made. He was paid on 3/7 and the transaction was made on 3/8, dispute filed on 3/9 all of 2019. They told him it would take approximately 10 BUSINESS DAYS, however they denied the dispute in 5 business days.

The reason is still unknown as he has called them THREE times today, 3/18/19 (to check the status) and every time, he is either put on an indefinite hold, or they hang up on him. This is by far one of THE WORST experiences. You cannot understand the customer service reps, and they are of NO help. Might as well set your paychecks on fire, because if something happens, you will be screwed!

Original review: March 17, 2019

Everything was great until my card expired. I did not receive a new card, which comes to my PO Box. My income is direct deposited to the card. I called the number on the card to find out where my new card is and was told they no longer send to PO Boxes and the card was returned undeliverable when sent to my old address that they had on file. They told me to send an email to their verifymydocs email address with a copy of my state issued ID and two utility bills showing my address and the matter would be resolved within two business days.

That was several weeks ago. I've called several times and they just tell me the same thing, to send another email. I've sent at least 8 of the same emails to the address with the case number subject line they give me. Yesterday the email bounced saying the mailbox was full and to try again later. I called again this morning and got the same spiel from them (difficult to understand their accent) and they told me I don't know how to use email, and that I needed to send the verification email TEN TIMES. Sent another 5 duplicate emails this morning. They haven't bounced this time, but when I called to see if they had received my emails they put me on hold and my call was disconnected. I need my money badly but can't access it. They don't seem to be able to help me. This has been going on for almost a month now.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Lost my card but never got my replacement yet almost 2 weeks now. It's the 13th day today they said 7-10 days. There’s no way we can access our money or withdraw it. They need to change this procedure. People gonna feed their family and pay bills you know. I hated that their customer service hotline is based outside US and representatives who don’t know what they’re doing. I wish there’s a hotline that’ll connect you to a US based customer service center or the bank directly. We’re talking about our money here. Why make it so hard for us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: March 15, 2019

On March 1st I tried to send my boyfriend $200.00 from my Walmart MoneyCard app. I typed in his phone number and immediately I got a response saying the money has been claimed. Then he gets a confirmation code to pick up the money. When he typed in the code, it says the money has been picked up. I called customer service and all they would say is "Sorry there is nothing we can do". Frustrated I called back asking who picked up the money or where did it go and they said to call Paypal.

Well Paypal has no record of any transaction for March 1st. I called back again and was transferred to Fraud department. The person answered phone, mumbled some words and transferred me to a recording that would cut in and out. Beyond frustrated I called back once again and was transferred to file a dispute. A week later I receive an email saying there were issues with my card and that I could continue to use it. My dispute has nothing to do with my card. I provided a detailed dispute including the code that was given to pick up the money and was told to wait 2 weeks. I called again and was told to contact Paypal again.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Paypal and they said my boyfriend phone number is associated with other accounts that aren't his and that the person on one of the accounts picked up my money. They also said they can see who the person was but couldn't give me information on the person and that I needed to call Walmart moneycard back for refund. So I called back to Walmart moneycard and spent 1 hour on the phone with them only to be told once again there was nothing they can do and I could file another dispute. I explained once again that the app did not allow me to input my boyfriend information. No name, no email. Nothing but phone number.

The customer service rep Justin insisted I was wrong and continued to talk over me and even at one point raised his voice at me when I asked to speak with his supervisor. He told me that there is no supervisor available and refused to transfer me to someone else. After 10 minutes of going back and forth he finally transferred me to the Disputes and claim department. Once again I was told there was nothing they could do because the money had been claimed even after I explained what Paypal said to me.

I provided the confirmation code that was given to me earlier today by Walmart Moneycard. The Rep was rude and did not want to hear what I had to say. All she kept saying was my dispute was DENIED and there is nothing we can do and I'm sorry. What is sorry supposed to do for me? It's not like I have $200.00 to give away especially to some random stranger. How is it possible to put my money in someone's account without clear verification on who the money is supposed to go to? No one will tell who has my money. None of the customer service reps are willing to help me. I want a full refund. This is not my fault. Word of advice. NEVER EVER USE WALMART MONEY CARD!!! WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I use my MoneyCard to pay bills but Walmart MoneyCard declines my bills when I have the money to pay. By them not releasing my funds, has made my credit worse with late payments and cost me more than $150 in late fees. One of credit cards I was paying using this card, took away all my credit limit due to Walmart MoneyCard not paying them my payment. I am way more stressed and depressed because this card has ruining my finances & credit. I have little to no income and it has cost me a great deal of money I don't have. I have used this card in the past and it was not bad. It is extremely bad now. On top of all my financial losses, they still charge me $5 a month. No one at customer service helped me. I never write reviews but this card has cost me so much pain and financial hardship.

Original review: March 14, 2019

If you are using this direct deposit DON'T. 1st let me say, I have no issues with overseas call centers, everyone needs a job. But when I call customer service and I speak with someone who has no idea what I'm saying, nor when they were respond do I understand what they're saying, the language barrier becomes a major problem. Especially when this is regarding large sums of money that is being directly deposited to this card. If you're looking for a casual prepaid card to put money on for small things, it's not so bad, but if you are using this for direct deposit or anything of a serious financial situation please go to a bank.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I can not get anyone to call me back. No help. Money is frozen and no one will help. All I want to do is talk to someone about my OWN money. I wish I could get someone who understands what I’m saying. 3 emails and hours on hold for nothing.

Original review: March 13, 2019

On Feb 3rd, I called Walmart money card to report unauthorized use of my card, they promised to send me a replacement 7-10 days, mid February I called back because I didn’t receive card. They promised to send me a second replacement. At this moment my account had a balance of $217. On Feb 27th, the day I was suppose to receive my second replacement, IRS made a big deposited of my taxes, Walmart immediately blocked my account. I called and spoke to a representative, they advise me to upload a picture of my driver's license online. I tried, but was unable to because I don’t have the 16 digit card number. Tried calling them back, my social was entered, but they automated would say "Your account is blocked and can’t speak to a representative until DL is uploaded, goodbye" couldn’t get through whatsoever.

I waited until March 4th, hoping I would get replacement in mail, nothing! Finally, I decided to go back to Walmart to buy a new card so I could use in order for me to get through to customer service, finally did. Customer service gave me a P.O. BOX where to send the copy of my DL, did it the exact same day. She told me it should be there in a day or two since I live an hour away from the city where this P.O. Box is. I called back Friday hoping they had received my document, nothing.

Today, March 13th I called back and customer service is requiring I RE-SEND my DL, even though the copy I sent is crystal clear, in color and you can see everything they need. She asked that I do it online, I told her I can’t do that because I do not have the 16 digit card number, because I’ve been waiting for my replacement for a month and a half now!! She kept giving me the same robotic answers over and over again, not understanding what the problem is.

I doubt she even understands what I am saying because every single representative I’ve spoken to barely speaks any English. Then she tells me "Until you do what you’re suppose to, you won’t have access to your money." I’ve done what they’ve asked me to do, over and over! Walmart has been holding my money for 6 weeks now and there’s no end to this. I’ve filed two different complaint but there’s not a number where I can reach someone higher up that this Walmart customer service number. I don’t know what else to do!!!! I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I had my job do direct deposit. First deposit went well. Second deposit, they froze and still have my money. $636.36. I call and can't speak to no one. They closed my account and say that I can't open another one. All automated. No one to speak to. Can someone help me get my money back? Any kind of advice would be great.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My account was blocked due to having my payroll direct deposited. When I called to find out why, I was on hold for 45 mins waiting on a "customer service representative". The rep couldn't give ANY information whatsoever. When I asked to speak to someone that could tell me what was going on, I was told there wasn't anyone and that there was nothing they could do. It's not that I needed to access my payroll but any of the money that was already there was frozen also. I am not happy.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have had this card for years! It use to work flawlessly, no issues the first two years. Then came the end of 2018 and I started having issues moving money from my vault to my account. Call customer service and you get someone that literally can barely speak English. They say they have no American representation to transfer to. So you have to fight to understand the bs they are telling you too. I mean the customer service with this card is the WORST I'VE EVER DEALT WITH.

This is not anger, talking this is reality. Anyone that calls them will immediately agree with me. Now in 2019, I’m having the same issue. Can’t access my money in the vault. Customer service say they are sorry it nothing they can do. Are you flipping kidding me! You can do the most basic task as move money from MY vault to my ACCOUNT. What! Seriously when I get access to my vault I’m pulling all my money and swills the bullet and get a real bank account. I can’t deal with this, not having access to my hard earned money and it nothing nobody can do about it. Not even WAL-MART who issues the damn card. Ridiculous!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I just started a new job and had to use direct deposit. All I had was my Walmart MoneyCard that I’ve been paying bills with for the past 2 years. So I set it up and was eager to get my first two week paycheck! It says I’m blocked from my account on March 7th. I keep calling each time waiting over an hour to speak to someone who could care less about this! I have a special needs daughter and they won’t give me my paycheck. I busted my ** cleaning people’s houses every day 59 hours on my paycheck and I can’t even pay my rent! I hope you hear me clearly Walmart:

I will sue you if I lose anything for withholding my check and trust me I have back up and I will fight to the end! I am told every time I call that a supervisor will be calling me within 4 hours and no one calls. I thought Walmart was a reputable company. After this clears up I’m done with your ** money card and your ** store! H-E-B has everything too. You’re not the only ** ** out there. Oh also for all the other people you're ** around with their hard earned money I’m calling tv news and everyone to make sure ** gets stirred up. One thing this country forgot is to be humble and honorable. It’s all about greed. Well ** you. Pay me my paycheck!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have been trying to get a disputed entry credited to my Walmart MoneyCard. A scam that took $35.64 from my account on February 3, 2019 has yet to be resolved. I spoke with the fraud department, and I've yet to receive a denial letter, and obviously the scam was not properly investigated. The transaction code in question is **. This has been a scam transaction since 2014. Hopefully Green Dot will eventually resolve this transaction, and give me back my money.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I purchased a Walmart MoneyCard bc I a cc, at that moment, to take care of my needs. So I purchased one, thinking in good faith, it's Walmart, I can trust. I myself and employer would deposit money onto my Walmart card. Unfortunately, just recently in the month of February, someone wiped my account clean. I don't know who, how, or why. But it has caused me a financial headache. I did NOT give this person permission to take or use my hard earned money. I contacted Walmart MoneyCard to inform them of these fraud charges. So again, in good faith, I'm trusting they will resolve this huge issue and fast. Needless to say I still don't have my funds.

Every time I call customer service it's a nightmare. I get told different things. I've gotten hung up on or transferred without telling or asking me... What company does this??!! Who do you have working for you 5 year olds??! WHERE IS MY MONEY??!! I NEED ALL OF MY MONEY BACK NOW!! This is NOT my fault. I'm losing important things to me bc my money was stolen and Walmart is taking forever to give me my money back. Best believe I cancelled my direct deposits and I won't stop until I get my money back.

Original review: March 10, 2019

DO NOT BUY!!! They will keep your money on their card and not allow you to get cash back or any online purchases. 877 # says I didn't give correct personal info which is BS. Maybe your information on me is wrong cause I answered all of her questions correct. This is Bs to me anyways because so much personal information should not be necessary for a damn prepay Walmart credit card. It's Walmart! I am pissed cause I put money on card to not carry around my income tax money. I lost all other credit cards since I will be a newly divorcee. I would have never purchased this card period if I knew that they would deny me telling me personal info wasn't correct, and now holding my money on this card can only purchase in store, no online, or get any money off. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Card was stolen. Been calling trying to get replacement card. Sent them the documents they requested to get new card but absolutely refused to send one after I still had funds on stolen card. So that being said they stole my remaining funds cause they will not send out a replacement card. I will be contacting Better Business Bureau.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have had a Walmart MoneyCard for years. Today they decided to add a 200 “pre-authorization” to a transaction I have made every two weeks for the last year. They claimed it was from the merchant's end but after talking to the merchant, it was 100% Walmart, which the associate finally admitted. Now they are holding 200 for two weeks for a furniture bill mind you. Not a gas station or hotel or anything in which I could incur extra charges. I am finished with Walmart and will never use their services again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

This company provides horrible customer service. I used my card for a hotel room deposit on 2/28/2019 and I checked out the next day and they are still holding the security deposit. The hotel even confirmed that the money was released, and that it was my bank holding the funds. I called customer service and the rep told me I needed to wait 2 weeks to get my funds back and that a manager will call me back in four hours. I never received that call. This is one of many problems that I have had with this company. I would not recommend this card to ANYONE.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Updated on 03/12/2019: I wrote a review on 3-8-19 about Walmart Money Card holding funds that were released back to them from the merchant. As of this post, they have not put the money back on my account. Today I was served an eviction notice that says I need to leave the premises in 10 days, due to non-payment of rent. I have gone above and beyond what needed to be done for these funds to be released. I went back to the merchant and sat with them while they contacted Walmart MoneyCard, for the second time, to tell them the charges had already been paid by the landlord and that the pending charges should be released. They still refused. The only thing that they say is that there is nothing they can due because the charges are pending.

I cannot change that in their system, the merchant can't change that in their system! They are the ones who have complete control of their system and unfortunately, my money. I have heard more "I'm so sorry, I know how you feel, I wish there was something I could do" so many times that I hear it in my sleep. It's funny that I had 2 transactions prior to this that had funds reversed and the money was released back into my account in less than 24 hours. There is not one single person that I have spoke with, that can give me the answer to why those were reversed, but the larger amount is still to this day PENDING! I am 74 years old and am being evicted from my apartment, because this company is holding my money hostage. I am broken right now and cannot get my thoughts together, because I am uncertain where I'm going to be in 10 days.

Through all this I had less than $200 on my card and have lived on very little so that I can survive until these horrible people release my money. I know that my story means very little to others, because we all have things we're dealing with and somewhere along the line human beings have removed compassion from their souls. It's heartbreaking to think that someone from that company can do and say the things they do and then go home at night with a clear conscience and sleep like a baby. Every human being is important, or else we wouldn't be here. Just remember, you are important, unique and spectacular, because God created mankind in his own image and even if you don't believe in God, you are still loved very much! I hope everyone has a very blessed day and that God sends his grace to everyone.

Original review: Repairs were being done to my apartment due to a huge plumbing issue, so there were days that we could stay in the apartment, but there were days we had to get a hotel room. We went from only missing hot water, to all the water turned off and our toilet was completely taken out. When you're at the mercy of an insurance company, YOUR idea of a safe environment is completely different than THEIR idea of a safe environment. You have to adjust your way of life, in order to survive conditions that are way less than desirable. They will only cover hotel costs if the apartment doesn't meet bare minimum housing codes set forth by the Housing Authority.

So within a few days, the apartment was deemed uninhabitable and we had to vacate the premises and go to a hotel. When you check into a hotel, you MUST have a credit card/debit card, so that they will be able to collect their money if you decide to try to skip out of the bill. They place a pending charge for the room and incidentals onto your card, it remains pending until you check out. It is usually the amount of the room and $100 to cover any room service, drinks, etc, per day. When you check out at the end of your stay, they calculate every single charge for the duration of the time you're there and then subtract it from the pending amount that is being held on your card. The final amount is then charged to your card and it moves from pending to purchase.

So, after a few days went by, my landlord calls and says that he will be paying for all of the charges up to that date and his card will now be used as opposed to ours. When we went to the front desk of the hotel to switch everything over into my landlord's name, we actually had to go through the process of completely checking out. The room and taxes were paid for by the landlord and the room service charges were paid by us. At that time, the hotel cancelled the charges that were pending on our credit card, because everything had been paid for up to that date.

The next day comes and still nothing. Over $1400 is still being held by Walmart MoneyCard, so I called to find out why. After being transferred over and over, not to mention being transferred back to the beginning of the automated system, I finally speak to a live human being. I was told that my money would not be returned until 11 days later and would be sent on three different days. The also said that if the hotel would cancel the charges, they would be released much sooner.

The hotel has done their part by cancelling the charges and have done everything they possibly can to get these people to release the funds back to us. I have been in touch with the hotel every single day since this all started and even went back yesterday to discuss it with them in person. They even showed us on the computer, the transaction cancelling the charges!

In every single phone call to Walmart MoneyCard, I have been given excuse after excuse, LIE AFTER LIE and a whole bunch of empty apologies and "I know exactly how you feel" BS! Every single phone call is riddled with so many contradictions that they cannot even keep up with the lies they spew from their mouths. They do and say anything they can to divert the attention away from the fact that they simply refuse to allow me access to money that is mine. Ironically, I had cancelled an Amazon order while I was at the hotel. They cancelled the order and the charge applied to my card. Walmart MoneyCard reversed the charges and they returned that money to my card in less than 24 hours.

I also had to leave my card on file at the hotel, to cover any incidentals that the landlord/insurance doesn't cover. The hotel placed a $100 pending charge onto my card, but when we checked out the next day, we hadn't purchased anything, so the charge was cancelled by the hotel and Walmart MoneyCard released amount back to my card in less than 24 hours also. Same hotel, same name, same card just a different amount and a different day. How in the world can one amount be put back on my account, but the other 3 are not. They have not once even attempted to explain that to me. It was the exact same hotel, so how can they justify refunding that money and not the others as well???

I have made several calls to Walmart MoneyCard since this all happened and nothing has been resolved. They keep saying that they can't do anything because the charges are still pending. They are even telling me that they NEVER received a cancellation from the hotel. I was told by a supervisor that I needed to contact the hotel AGAIN and find out why they aren't cancelling the charges. The charges HAVE been cancelled!

This morning I call Walmart MoneyCard back to inform them that I had, in fact, spoken with the manager at the hotel in person. I provided them with every single bit of information that was given to me by the hotel, including the transaction number from the cancellation. It wasn't enough for them, they just kept telling me over and over that I needed to speak with the hotel again. I was having a difficult time understanding the person I spoke with this morning, more than once. The last time that I said "I'm sorry I cannot understand you, could you repeat that?", he hung up on me.

Having to deal with renovations in our apartment has been really hard by itself, let alone having to fight to get money back that belongs to me. I sincerely hope that anyone reading this that has thought about getting a debit card through this company, reconsider their decision. I urge you to do a little research, because I would never wish this on anyone. The fear that you have when you are unsure about where your next meal is going to come from is horrible. Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to make sure all the details were here for others to look at, so that this won't happen to them.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I had paycheck direct deposited onto Walmart MoneyCard $1,932 -went to use card at ATM and I am being told it’s unauthorized. Logged on to site/accessed account took pic of funds and within seconds was notified that my account is now blocked pending review. I have been on hold for hours trying to speak with a representative.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My card was charged from a company called Google Domain and once I spoke with Google they have no account for me and show no history of an account being charged. I have spoken to several associate of Walmart Money one that can speak good English and understand what I am saying. I keep getting transfer and transfer everyone passing the responsibility to someone and dropping the ball. I want my money back and will never use these cards again.

Original review: March 7, 2019

So I have had the card for years, just as a back up, never used too much. Recently, I was reimbursed money for a concert that had been cancelled. Funds are back in my account, and not even 24 hrs later I go to withdrawal the funds. I check the app after being told I did not have enough funds, which I knew I did, and found that a company called “Fitness Confidence” out of Michigan had fraudulently taken all the funds I had just received. After waiting on hold for upwards of an hour, immediately being disconnected, then repeating the process, I was told it would take up to 10 days for the investigation.

9 days later, I check the account. They had reimbursed my money, and then withdrew it again for some reason? Upon making another call, again waiting over an hour in the queue, I am informed that they need more documentation and will not refund anything until hearing from this non-existent company. I was livid, seeing as I had no one inform me of anything till I had to call in. Apparently now it will take up to 45 days, and apparently, will be closed with no payout if they do not hear from the company. Upon calling the “company” phone number supplied by the agent, it went straight to voicemail, which was full, probably from all the other people they have scammed. It’s ridiculous that I can’t get my money back that I desperately need right now even though I was told I would have it over a week ago. I will be contacting an attorney friend if I am not reimbursed immediately.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have have had this card for a number of years. This year on February 19th, 2019 I called with a dispute of a transaction. I explained to them the situation. Always that my income tax refund was going to be direct deposited into this account. And if I would be able to get to it. The woman "who I could hardly understand" stated that I would be able to retrieve my cash. Here it is March 6, 2019 and I'm not able to retrieve cash, account has been blocked and I have not been able to get thru to customer service since my last interaction with them. No money, can't pay bills and sit on hold for hours. REALLY!! Shame on this company.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Found 2 unauthorized charges on my account today and tried calling the number. Spent 30 minutes on the phone only to be hung up on as soon as they picked up. Called back again and spent another 30 minutes on hold and finally got someone only for them to tell me that they can't do anything and transferred me to another department for me to be on hold for another 40 minutes with no one answering. Have had them since August and before that for several years. One charge is for a atm balance check. Never use that since I have the app. The other is for a transaction today but haven't used the card for a couple of days. The app shows a pending charge but the service rep said there was no pending showing on my account. I've got a deposit coming in tonight. Will be getting my money off the card immediately when it hits and then closing it out since I can't get any info from them for not picking up.

Original review: March 6, 2019

No problems for nearly two years. Decide to use this card for my tax return this year. My account is blocked after getting my taxes direct deposited this morning. I need my funds ASAP to avoid eviction! I have a small child to take care of. This is absolutely insane. Fix my account ASAP!!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I lost my Walmart MoneyCard today. I just loaded it with $800. I called the number to report it lost. I put my social security number in. I was told I had 2 cards (I only use one). I was asked for the last four digits of the card number. I don't have it. I lost it. I was then told by the recording to call back when I have the number. I really need that money and there is no email, no live support. I have no idea what to do at this point. I am at a complete loss. Any ideas, please email me at **. Thanks.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I called the customer service to change my address since that option was blocked on the online account management portion. There is a two step verification process before I can access my account online, still because of security reasons they claim I am unable to change my address online. I needed to call customer service. I called customer service who told me that because of security reasons I needed to take a picture of my drivers license and a current bill in my house that shows my new address and email it to them, an account manager would review my request and decide if one my address would be charged on my account and if a new card would be sent to me. This process could take up to two weeks. I called multiple time to check the status of my request and the customer service representatives hung up on me multiple times.

This company know that majority of their customers are ** so they come up with these ridiculous clause, if there’s online access which has verification process, customers should be able to change their address online as advertised. This is the worse card and I’ve never been so humiliated and made to feel like a second class citizen and denied access to my funds. Please do not buy this card! You will regret it! Stay away from this one.

Original review: March 4, 2019

My income tax refund was deposited to my card on 2/27/19. I have been calling since then to get someone on the phone to find out why my account was blocked. Today I have been holding for one hour and 15 minutes. Last week, I held for over an hour each day only to be hung up on.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information