Walmart MoneyCard

Walmart MoneyCard Reviews

About Walmart MoneyCard

The Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid banking card. The card includes a variety of features such as cash back rewards at Walmart.com, Walmart Fuel Stations and Walmart stores. The card has no fees at Walmart locations, and it has a mobile app that lets you track your purchases and deposit funds into your account.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Cash back on Walmart purchases
  • 2% APY annually
  • Up to four free family accounts
Cons
  • No fees only at Walmart locations
  • Numerous fees

Featured Reviews

Verified
Olathe, KS

Everything's working very well with my Walmart MoneyCard. I like that I can’t go over. … I can go to the store right now, and in five minutes, it’s already showed up on my transac...

Verified
Safford, AZ

I like my Walmart MoneyCard. It really is great. I love it. I like that I don’t have to have a bank account. I use their online app and I like that I can check my transactions and...

What is a Walmart MoneyCard?

The Walmart money card is a prepaid debit card offered through Walmart. Customers earn cash back rewards for using their Walmart MoneyCard at Walmart stores and fuel stations and online at Walmart.com. The cash back rewards can be accessed after 12 months of use as long as the card maintains a positive balance.

Other features of the Walmart MoneyCard include:

• No overdraft fees
  • 2% annual interest
  • Free cash reloads using the Walmart app
  • ASAP Direct Deposit
  • Free family accounts

To enroll in the Walmart MoneyCard program, visit the company’s website and fill out the application form. You must supply your name, address, phone number, Social Security number and preferred card type: Visa or Mastercard.

Walmart MoneyCard fees

The Walmart MoneyCard has several fees, including:

• Monthly fee: $5.94, but waived if $1,000 or more was loaded onto the card in the previous monthly period
  • ATM withdrawal: $2.50
  • Teller cash withdrawal: $2.50
  • Cash reload fee: $5.95, but free if cash is loaded using the app at a Walmart location
  • ATM balance inquiry: 50 cents
  • Activation fee: One-time $1 fee
  • International transactions: 3% of purchase
  • Paper checks: $5.95 for a pack of 12 paper checks
  • Card replacement fee: $3 for standard delivery and $15 for expedited delivery

Walmart MoneyCard FAQ

Does Walmart MoneyCard deposit early?

Yes, with the ASAP Direct Deposit feature, customers can access their payday funds two days early and benefits four days early.

How do I activate my Walmart MoneyCard?

To activate your Walmart MoneyCard, enroll in the program and follow the instructions provided for activating your card. There is a one-time $1 setup and activation fee.

Can I withdraw money from my Walmart MoneyCard?

Yes, but ATM and teller fees apply.

How do I check my balance on my Walmart MoneyCard?

Use the Walmart MoneyCard app to check your card’s balance, make mobile check deposits and monitor transactions.

Can I use my Walmart MoneyCard at a gas pump?

Yes. Plus, you earn 2% cash back if you use the card at a Walmart fuel station.

Is the Walmart MoneyCard good?

The Walmart MoneyCard is good for customers who frequently shop at Walmart stores and are looking for a simple way to manage money while earning rewards. The simple nature of the card and app helps customers load funds and monitor transactions wherever they are. However, it is best to keep an eye on the fees associated with ATM withdrawals and cash reloads.

Walmart MoneyCard Reviews

Stars Rating

• 6%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Reviewed July 13, 2024

I bought the card, put 57.00 dollars on it for my son, came home, went online and activated it. My son went online to buy something and the card was declined! He tried again and again with the same results. I called and was told that the card was registered under someone else's name and that the money had already been withdrawn!!! I hit the roof!! Gave them an earful!! I called them liars and scammers. I told them that someone there had stolen my money!! I demanded my money back and they said they'd open an investigation and I'd hear from them within 5 business days. I told the guy that I wasn't going away and that I was going to be all over them until I got my money back!!

Reviewed July 12, 2024

Absolutely dreadful account. They keep posting previous charges as current and the vendor has no idea what is going on. Overdrawn or locked my card account at least 5 times due to their system glitch!

Get buying tips about Prepaid Cards delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 11, 2024

Don't waste your money on a Walmart Money Card or Green Dot card. I purchased a reloadable card, for $500 and when I registered it. It said it was previously registered so I immediately called the customer service which the number on the back of the card can't go to a service representative. Had to Google for a number with customer service, I gave the service representative my details of the problem, was sent an email with a link to upload my receipt and card which they said was never completed, now I have another case number to attempt to resolve this issue. I will never buy another Walmart Money Card.

Staff

Reviewed June 25, 2024

Worst Ever!! Card block, same story, back office, speak to corp. office, what a joke. I am telling you NEVER EVER GET THIS CARD!!! My money is locked, blocked, they don't care. Been over 11 days, NO RESOLUTION!!!! They all read from a script. NEVER I HAVE BEEN TREATED SO BADLY. Disgusting people,

Reviewed June 17, 2024

Don't do it! I purchased the Walmart money card that is refills. I put $380 on it with my debit card. Zero is the balance and customer service is zero help and tells me Just wait. Customer service desk inside Walmart has nothing to do with the cards.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 9, 2024

### Walmart MoneyCard Review. I purchased a Walmart MoneyCard for $130 two months ago, expecting a simple activation and use. Unfortunately, this has turned into a frustrating ordeal. **Activation Problems:** Right from the start, I was unable to activate the card. This issue has persisted, and despite numerous attempts, the card remains inactive. **Customer Service Issues:** I've contacted Walmart's customer service multiple times for help. Despite providing extensive proof of purchase—including the original receipt, a printout of the journal, and the details of the Walmart store where the card was purchased—I still haven’t received a refund. Each interaction has been frustrating, with representatives often hanging up on me or refusing to connect me to a supervisor.

**Lack of Resolution:** Despite filing claims and submitting all necessary documentation, my $130 remains unrecovered. This experience has been a significant inconvenience and financial loss. **Widespread Problem:** I’m not alone in this struggle. Numerous other customers have reported similar issues with Walmart MoneyCards, facing problems with activation and receiving poor customer service. This pattern suggests a broader issue that needs addressing. **Summary:** Based on my experience, I cannot recommend the Walmart MoneyCard. The combination of activation issues, poor customer service, and lack of resolution has led to significant frustration and financial loss. I urge others to consider alternative prepaid card options to avoid encountering the same problems.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I have had my prepaid Walmart card someone fraudulently access my card to purchase online. Call Walmart was told have to wait until it post. I expecting my direct deposit so I guess they will have full access to my money since Walmart can't do anything for me right now. Closing my account so disappointed. The worst customer service ever. Never ever use again.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 17, 2024

They sold my phone number and email, because since I signed up I have gotten dozens of spam texts, calls and emails. They should unequivocally be prosecuted! No issue with the card itself, but it is definitely not acceptable to sell your information.

Price

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Do not use this card. You can only load 1500 on your card every 30 days from another Walmart card. They charge you 5 dollars to use that card for nothing. They will not help you to load the money. What's the use of having a card that you can't put money on?

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I've been a Walmart MoneyCard holder since 2008. Card has been compromised 2 times in the past 4 years. First time I was issued a different card. April 9th it was completely taken over. They changed my email first, then transferred $500.00 to "Wang Wang at **", changed my address, my pin, and phone number! Greendot then locked my account and sent my dispute and refund claim via email to the hacker. I'm still waiting for a refund check for what was in my account. Don't get this card.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information