3.96/5
  • 1 star
Based on 3,145 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that provides consumers with cash back rewards on purchases they make every day. Use it everywhere Debit MasterCard® or Visa® debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Rewards include 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, and 1% cash back at Walmart stores. Earn up to $75 in cash back rewards per year.

Walmart MoneyCard offers free direct deposit and will allow you to send money for free to other Green Dot Bank issued cards. The new Walmart MoneyCard app is now available to track your money around the clock. Contact us today to learn more!

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

4691 Walmart MoneyCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Over a week ago I reported that my Walmart MoneyCard was lost but found it the next day, big mistake! My account has not been used since and every time I go to upload said document it says it doesn't recognize my card number (15 times)! Called the customer service number and there is no real person on that automated system because it hangs up on you every time! If the account is locked then why havent I received my new card by now so it can be reestablished? How do I get this taken care asap?! This is beyond ridiculous now.

Hi Leland,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you’ve shared. We'll be in touch with you through the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Green Dot Corporation

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

After years of having this account, they have closed my account. There is no number to speak to a person just an endless cycle of automated options that do not lead to customer service. Why did you close my account? This is the only way I have to pay my bills and I work online and receive direct deposits only. How am I going to pay my rent? They simply don't care. My suggestion - DO NOT GET A WALMART MONEYCARD. Go with a reputable company that doesn't shut your access off to YOUR money.

Hi Todd,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you’ve shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I was scammed by an online purchase of some Ugg boots that I was purchasing for my daughter for Christmas. The company took a little over $90 out of my account on November 24, 2017... it is now January 11, 2018 and I NEVER received the boots. I found out that the company was not legit by trying to go back onto the website that I initially purchased the boots from but a message came up stating that the site was shut down due to fraudulent activity. I filed a dispute with Walmart Moneycard and they denied my dispute.

How on God's green earth do you guys feel it is ok for these scammers to take and keep my money?!! If this was a REAL bank... my claim would not have been denied. Not only did this fraudulent company take my money... they took more than what the cost stated on their site AND my daughter did not get the boots she wanted so much for Christmas. I think it is CRAZY that Walmart denied my claim. That company should not be able to keep my money as I received nothing and their intent was never to send me anything. I even provided documentation validating that the company is fraudulent. VERY disappointed in your practices!!!

Hi Alisha,

We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I been having problems with my Walmart MoneyCard. Just last month I had to send in identification. Once I got my card unblock, Today I had the same issue, once I got it unblocked for the second time my direct deposit wasn't posted. I have always received my direct deposit on Thursdays. Don't know why the delay happened. I'm getting upset.

Hi Chelsea,

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I lost my Walmart money card and I called and canceled and requested for a new one this was on 12/27/2017 and I have my paycheck direct deposited to this card that I never received. When I enter my information like birthdate & social number it's say it's the wrong number and when they ask what's the last four digits of card I'm calling about it's says it wrong... and no one can tell me where's my money. Today is 1/11/2018 and still no card no money.

Hi Erica,

Green Dot Corporation

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I had previously disputed a charge on my Walmart card. Green Dot Bank's customer service has decided to un-authorize my card and issue a new one. This would not have been an issue if they had contacted me before they completed this transaction. However, since you can't talk to a HUMAN and only a computer what do you expect. There have been to many times this so called Bank has made decisions without proper authorizations from the cardholders.

So here I sit, money from my payroll check on my card, no card to use to access my account due to their decisions, power, cable, car insurance, gas, groceries and husband's medications, that he has to have by the way I can't take care of, Customer service sent me an email stating, "You can pay what you owe using the account number and routing number." Don't know what state they are from but from North Carolina without a check or card you ain't paying anything. I have been a customer of Walmart Money Card/Green Dot Bank for years! Not anymore, as soon as I get my card I am through with this company and I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General's office. There have been too many times this bank has screwed with people and their money.

Hi Karen,

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Great card, switched to this after some banking issues. Recently I've noticed that I've been getting money in my account on Thursday instead of Wednesday with the 2 day early pay feature your card offers. My job pays their employees on Friday. This has been going on for at least 7 pay periods now. Just seemed strange to only get paid a day early. Otherwise this is a nice easy to use card!

Hi Adams,
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Green Dot! Please note, when you enroll in direct deposit, you could get paid UP TO 2 days early. Subject to your payment provider’s process and timing. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Walmart MoneyCard and all of it's wonderful features.

Green Dot Corporation

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I want to start by saying this is the first time that I have taken the time to give a bad review. I don't like giving bad reviews because things happen but this is way too much. Over a month ago I called and cancelled my Wal-Mart MoneyCard because I misplaced it. They cancelled it quickly and sent me a new one. I thought everything was great until I tried activate the card, I was told that it was a block on my card and I had to upload my ID to Wal-Mart Money document upload. I uploaded my driver's license FIVE TIMES!!!

Each time I waited two days or more and called, my card was still blocked. Once I spoke to customer service rep they kept telling me the same thing that my documents were not legible. I have been going through this for a month!!! They will not take the block off nor will they send my money that's still on the card. I asked them to just send my money in the form of a check to the address they have on file. They will not. They keep telling me my documents are not legible which is BULL!!! Out of FIVE submissions EVERYONE is not legible? I don't think so, I followed their directions and nothing.

Wal-Mart is a ripoff!!! PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS WAL-MART MONEY CARD... Just take your time and find the right institution to use when it comes to your money. This company is no different from their founding father. He put other places out business many years ago by sneaking into their stores and lowering his prices lower just to take their customers. Same stuff different year... They bait you in and once you're in and something happens Wal-mart does not care that you are without your money. Their corporation is making money. I am really fed up. Wal-mart does not and they are not trying to resolve this.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I've been using Walmart MoneyCard for about 2 1/2 years with direct deposit and I lost my card so I called and canceled it and I never received a placement card. I have 934$ somewhere. No one can help me get my money or a replacement card. It's like all my information has disappeared. They told me they can't help me. Are you kidding? I have 900$ some dollars where? I feel like I got robbed. What can you do to help me. Any information I enter it say it's wrong. I'm very upset about my money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Have had the Walmart MoneyCard for roughly 3 yrs with minimal issues, couldn't access my cash for a couple days in July 2017 but it worked out. Now it's a problem. For no reason, my paycheck deposit last week was rejected. Same employer as my previous 84 deposits that had no problem going thru. Now I wait for a paper check and my tent and cat payments are late.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Somehow a scammer got a hold of my card number on New Year's Eve, and after being denied for 6 transactions at various places they finally were successful in emptying my ENTIRE account in a place called Vacaville, California. I live on the opposite side of the county and have never been to California, nor have I ever bought ANYTHING from a source in another state, AND I've been a customer with them for 10 years now. I got the worst customer service I've ever received in my life when they could not answer a single question, they could only repeat their verbiage all customer service reps are given when they start a job such as this.

I had to wait 3 days for the charge to go from pending to posted, just for them to tell me it would be another 7 days for an inquiry. Here is the thing, a local bank, or even a larger scale bank, such as Capital One, can go in that very minute and stop a transaction, so should they be able to. I'm very doubtful at this point I will get my hard earned money back from them, and I can assure you this experience burned me enough for a lifetime, I will NEVER use this product again, I can't wait to get this issue settled and close the account.

I use to brag to everyone what a good thing I had with this Walmart MoneyCard, and now I regret all the good publicity I gave them. It's not hard, especially when they have 10 years worth of transactions they can view to see my spending history. I've yet to see a penny return to me, only for them to charge me a lost/stolen fee of $3.00 and put the card in negative as well, so IF, IF I ever get my money back, it will automatically be less $3. Their cards do not come with chips, which makes the cards themselves more secure.

I just cannot believe I got electronically robbed and the company I stood by won't stand by me like they should. These types of financial idiots should be illegal, and shut down immediately so no one else has to deal with what I, and appears, by other reviews, have had to deal with. There is not a single person, I've spoken within the week of dealing with this that can explain anything in depth to me, as to why on earth I have to wait so long for a refund of my money, that was stolen from me! I don't hate much of anything, but I HATE this company for sure now.

Hi Tabbitha,

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Please let me be one of your prime reason why you should still always physically carry a debit card from an actual bank thats actually reliable. When you're stuck in a restaurant traveling with your friends and you have absolutely no other options to pay other than the Walmart prepaid debit card and theres not enough money on it for you to pay... the first thing that immediately comes to mind is “I should reload this” only to have your debit card information on file denied repeatedly for no reason knowing full well you have more than enough money to process your request. As expected my bank has the nicest people able to assist with any solutions to the problems at hand and they told me nothing was wrong on their end and to contact Walmart which had been the problem the entire time.

So I called Walmart's customer service and I was eagerly assisted with beautiful elevator music that made my ears bleed profusely followed by complete silence afterwards. I’m very satisfied with the fact that I now know my prepaid card will not never be a reliable option when it comes to emergencies and that I will continue to wait here in a diner in the middle of the country until I figure out a way to actually pay for the delicious meal my friends and I ate. Thank you Walmart. I really appreciate how reliable you are when it comes to ** customers over while still charging them a monthly fee of $5.00 a month on the most useless piece of ** albeit nicely designed prepaid debit card you have to offer! I’ll go have a glass of bleach now and call it a day. :)

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I paid for a deposit on a cruise with Carnival Cruise Lines a total of 2 payments $250.00 on 3/08/2017 and $250.00 on 03/13/2017. I canceled the cruise yesterday and received a refund on my Walmart money card for $500.00 on 01/06/2018 and they froze my account because they think the transaction is questionable. Now I have had to send them the original receipt from my cruise purchase and wait 48 hours before I could use any of my funds!

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you’ve shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contract information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

On yesterday, I had the most horrible experience with this card!!! I have used this card for over 5 months now, for direct deposit, withdraws, paying bills, store purchases. Then I decided to add the Wal-Mart app., to my phone so that I could check balances. I tried to make a purchase and my card was declined! Then I was sent an email stating that my card is blocked for suspicious activity, I could not call anybody, there was no one to talk to??? I went to a nearby Wal-Mart store and none of the managers could help me???

They ran my card and stated that the money is on the card, then another manager tried to transfer my money to another Wal-Mart card, she could not because they closed the account so that I could not get my money!!! Wal-Mart blocked my card and they have my $750.00, and I don't have any answers as of yet. It's the weekend, the phone number on the back of the card does not allow you to talk to anybody. No one will talk to me, but yet they send emails with no direct phone number. I advise everyone to avoid online banking with Green Dot. This is not the way to do business! You lost a good customer.

Hi Sheyonne,

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I’ve had this card for years. Then two weeks ago they charged me twice for one transaction. One transaction ended up going through while the other was dropped. But even though the other charge was dropped they never returned my $500. I keep calling customer service and they can’t tell me anything. So who do I talk to to get my money back?

Hi Lauren,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I've had this card for many years now. I am currently on a mission to find another. The customer service is horrible! The English is very poor indicating that services must be outsourced. To reach a live person it takes forever through the automated line with many choices through a phone tree. You'll hear your balance repeated several times as if you didn't hear the first 2 times. I had a charge that was showing as pending and the rep kept insisting that it wasn't. I explained that it was showing up as such and he kept arguing with me. After about 10 min of going back and forth somehow it magically appeared as pending. It's been 6 business days and the charge hasn't fallen off.

This is the worst card for hotel check ins, rental cars, etc. Basically for any company authorizing a hold. It takes a long time for them to credit your account back. I also have a American Express Serve and not only do I get paid sooner with that card, pending charges aren't held as long. Disputes are also a long lost cause. Again comparing the AMX was the victim of fraud and had my money reimbursed in 3 days. There is not a problem understanding their reps. Walmart MoneyCard charges you an ATM fee for using their machines. That is ridiculous as well as charging you to reload your card. Amx serve us no charge to load your card and never a fee for atm use at approved locations. My only problem with that card is the limit. I would definitely say search for a better card than the moneycard and save yourself a headache. They are out there.

Hi Linette,

We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the number provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

DO NOT get a card with them. I lost my card and reported it, they then blocked the account for fraud which there was none but me updating the address for a new card. I call them because I get online and it says I have to submit an ID to prove I'm me. I did that and they let me activate my new card. I then call again because I should have gotten paid and they say my ID was good. My card is good, then they get back on the line and say I can't receive money. My account is still blocked and once I use what's left on the card they are closing it because they couldn't verify my ID. I will not tell anyone to come to get a card and I will make sure everyone knows how ** they are. Now I have to figure out where my money is and wait for a paper check.

Hi Janay,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Well, up until this point I've had a pretty good relationship with the Walmart MoneyCard. No real hiccups, I get my work checks direct deposited. It's been fine. NOW… here's where things get really messed up and disappointing. I was trying to do some Christmas shopping for all of my family members online at this website. Firstly, you have a create a profile to shop which it’s like that at most places so with that, you get your own dashboard that shows orders you've made, tracking, etc. I've done online shopping for years without a problem. Okay… so I add the items to my cart... I go to check out… And just like any other online order that people make, where you enter your card info is generally like the 2nd to last screen before the transaction is complete.

So... yea, I'm as far into the transaction that I'm on the screen to enter my "payment information”. Complete that... get a screen saying I'll be sent something and I'm hoping that it shows up under "my orders" on my profile on the site. I finish… go check my account and notice that the $$ is gone which I expect 'cause I'm purchasing "goods" ...oh yea, $357.37 worth of goods which is a hefty amount around Christmas time. It’s not "pending"… cool... I THEN go check my email for the confirmation and there's nothing there… in my regular folder or my spam folder. So I'm like "ill give it some time." 1 hour later... nothing... 2... nothing… and the order still isn’t showing up under my orders on the website.

Now I start to worry... this is Dec 10th... I contact the merchant to ask them what’s going on with my transaction and according to them and from what I've gathered... my order NEVER went through but the $$$ was still taken from my account for said items that I DID however go through and check out. Weird right? They have no record of my order… can’t see it... ask for a screenshot which I provide and THEN they go on to deny the charge even though it has their website name beside the transaction. I'm like "wow really..." and they're more or less like there's nothing we can do because we can’t put up a order and I'm like "I know, that's why I'm talking to you" but they aren’t trying to refund my $$$.

Next, I call walmart moneycard right after talking to them and explain the situation and they tell me to file a dispute and that it'll take up to 10 business days and that as long as everything goes through I should have my money by Dec 23. I didn’t like it 'cause it was so close to Christmas and that was the money I was using on gifts that was hung up in limbo because of this. A day or two later, I'm checking my email and NOW they saying I need to fill out some dispute form that's worded and formed really odd that. I then do that and get it back to walmart. I call back a few days later after checking my email again to find out that my dispute had been denied for some reason.

And the reason that I'm being given is because whatever happened with the online merchant's website that day not registering my order or giving me an order/transaction # or anything there's nothing that could be done and that it was put to me almost like it was my fault for authorizing the charge. Like, no one ever online shops. It’s not my fault something happened on their end. I got deep into the checkout process enough to put in my card information so that should say something… how else could they have gotten it to take money from my account and they just won’t refund it NOR can I get help from one of the walmart $$ card representatives.

This is a lot of money that I can’t just give to this company… and it’s JAN 3rd 2018… I made that order on DEC 10th and I have YET to receive any of the items I checked out that day. THIS IS NOT RIGHT AND I DON’T LIKE IT! I'd like my money back and to be treated like a valued card member. Is that too much to ask for?? I wouldn’t even care if they sent me the stuff. There wouldn’t be an issue but… nah, I can’t let this go unaccounted for.

Hi Jason,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I have been using Walmart MoneyCard for almost a year. I make regular cash deposits and direct deposits from my job. I went into Walmart the other day to load cash and it said my card was blocked and gave me a number to call. When I called the number it asks for all my information which I gave. It kept saying my card was invalid and when I used my social it told me I had to upload documents to prove my identity and it gave me a website to do it. I went to the website and followed the directions to upload the documents and it asked for my card number. I put in my card number and it says it's invalid. How am I supposed to get my card unblocked? I still have money on my card and my direct deposit is set up with this card. This is crazy. I have no way to contact ANYONE or have access to my money. I got NO notice that there was any problem with my account. It just happened out of the clear blue. Can I please get some help with this?

Hi Dawn,

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I bought a Walmart reloadable card to pay my bills and I cashed my check about two day ago. I kept some money on the card to pay some bills. Next thing I know my card has been blocked. I tried calling the 800 number in the back of the card and I only get an operator. Never do I get an actual representative. This is super frustrating. I can't be losing money just like that. Can someone give me a better number to call if you guys have had this problem before. Thank you.

Hi Diana,

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I have money on my account and Walmart/Green Dot blocks my card while traveling. They will not release my money to me even though I have sent my ID to them twice. What else can I do to get my money back. Without taking it to court. The failure on their part to unblock my card cost me my job due to not making it back to work by the time we scheduled for me to be there. I am working to get the job back but they need proof of the reason I could not make it. I have had these card now for about 5 years and this is the first issue I ever had.

Hi Shane,

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I have had my card for a while now and I have never really had any problems until recently. Even though I should have funds on my card it’s saying I am in the negative by a lot. Also I was suppose to receive a refund around the 22nd and still nothing. Called customer support about 5 different times on the 29th. Got different responses about when the money should be placed back on the card and also how much funds I have on my card. My last transaction was posted on the 27th and it says my available balance after is suppose to be 22.54 yet on my balance it says negative 65 something. How is it that it says right below my last transaction I have 22.54 left but say I'm in the negative 65 something and yet still no refund.

I called again today which is the 30th. Got another person telling me it won't post until Monday yet just yesterday I was told it should have already posted back to my account. Now the representative said he started a case and gave me a case number saying if the money post back to my account the case number won't be needed but if it doesn't call back with the case number. I am getting so fed up with them messing with my money when I have things I need it for. I am so close to canceling my card. If anyone has any information on how to fix this problem, please let me know.

Hi Beatrice,

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I filed a dispute for a hotel, airfare, and ATM charge back on November 14th 2017. I was initially told the dispute would take up to ten business days. After 10 business days the dispute needed to be extended up to 45 calendar days which would have been December 29th. Contacted customer service and was told end of business day today. It was even escalated that I would receive a email or letter in the mail. Spoke to another rep and told me, "Chill out man. Give us time." I'll get my money soon. Not only was she rude but randomly put me on hold and transferred me to another department. Was told by another supervisor, "We guarantee we will have it resolved in 24 hours." This is the second escalation and I've lost all confidence. Because this dispute is over 1000 I think they are delaying in giving me back my money. If something else goes wrong I will be taking legal matters. Will keep y'all posted.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I am very disappointed with Walmart/Green Dot Corporation's deceitful practices in assisting me... actually your lack of assistance with my dispute. Claim number: **. Your company repeatedly informed me that my issues would be settled on December 29, 2017. I'm sure that you have several recordings of this, just as I do. On December 29, 2017 the timeline incredibly was now 45 days. I was previously NEVER told 45 days.

I don't have an exuberant amount of money, therefore I must be diligent in maintenance and use of what I do have. It is because of your practices that I deem despicable and your under-handedness that I must file a complaint against your company, Green Dot Corporation, with the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau and Consumer Complaints. How unfortunate and disheartening, that your company treats its customers this way. Screwed by Walmart/Green Dot Corporation and the company that made the unauthorized transactions... It was not pleasurable!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Yesterday morning I received my direct deposit right on time as usual. I went to pay my rent which I do every payday and the person that ran my card thought the internet was down so she ran my card twice trying to get the payment to go through. Long story short... I was double charged and called this so called customer service number. Although the person that ran the card has backed it out of the credit card machine, because I called, it is now a dispute and I am being told I can't get my money until January 10th... 2 ** WEEKS AWAY!!! I have called numerous times, asked for a supervisor, threatened to have my employer (who is an attorney) get involved, you name it, I've done it with these people. They could care less what happened to me.

They drained my account to 44 cents and the ONLY answer they can give me is that I can't get reimbursed until the dispute is over and that will be on January 10th. I have no food, no toothpaste, no clean clothes, no toilet paper and no one gives a rat's ** that I am deeply affected by this. SHAME on WALMART for putting their name on something so HORRENDOUS!!! It makes me sick and also I am truly suffering here... must less my poor friends and family who are trying to help me out but can't due to this ** they are putting me through. Bottom line is I should have never called them... Once it goes into that DISPUTE status you are screwed until they decide to release the funds. Question? Can I report this to FDIC? They have to be affiliated right? Anyone who may have experience with this, please answer on here. I am DESPERATE right now and I haven't eaten since yesterday morning at this time. Thanks for any input that is received.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

My husband's check was placed into his account on Wednesday. We have yet to be able to withdraw anything. No one at Walmart can answer any of our questions and we have been advised that there's nothing they can do. How can this be? That is his entire paycheck! So frustrating. We were told to visit a Sheetz location to withdraw funds. We attempted that it will not release the money. And we've only had this account for a little over a month. Talk about discouraging.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

On my 3rd claim with Walmart MoneyCard for fraudulently activity on my card someone stole my card and took all my money off, but Walmart MoneyCard keep denying my claims. By submitting a police report as suggested by one their supervisors, hoping this will help them believe I️ didn’t spend my own money. Instead they add 4 new transactions to my dispute without my authorization and blame it on me. I️ only submit 8 transactions for my dispute and submitted my police report reflecting the same thing.

The last supervisor said I️ had to submit another claim for the third time and ask did I️ have the stolen credit card cause he needed the numbers. I️ couldn’t believe he would imply that I️ still had the card I️ reported stolen. He basically call me a liar to my face. Want to exposed them for what they really are. Been with them for more than 5 years and never experienced anybody stealing money from me. The moment it happens, this is how my cardholder treat me. If anybody have the corporate number please send it to me. Requested the number from the supervisor and he said he didn’t have it, “it’s on the website”. It’s not on the website.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Had charges from someone else using card. Contacted Walmart Money Card and cancelled card. Got a new card and charged $3.00 then told by 12/28/2017 I get a credit for charges not mine. Keep in mind this is 26 days later now. Credit still not there. Called in and was told to try again tomorrow. But their website clearly states:

"We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to 45 days to investigate. If we need more time, we credit your card within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation." So the whole 10 days thing is complete BS. I now opened a account with Wells Fargo so I NEVER have to deal with someone using my card and stealing money and waiting forever to get my funds back! Stay away from Walmart money card!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I had Walmart money card for years. Just recently they said my card is blocked. I have no way to get to a human operator or to get to my money at all. I just want my money now. I have bills to pay and rent is due. I send my ID information for a whole week and they said it's not legible, even after reading all the directions. There is this one part asking for the back of the i.d. and the loading screen wouldn't give me that option after taking the front part. I NEED this to be resolved now.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Sunday 12/17/17, I called to get a replacement card as mine was breaking in half. I was informed that my card would be cancelled. I was prepared for that. I had purchased another card to transfer my money to. Sunday night, I received an e-mail stating that because of suspicious activity, my card had been blocked. When calling to get more information, all I was able to do was access a recording. I did what the recording and the email requested and attempted to upload my information. The card number did not work. My account was completely blocked. When I finally got through to a CSR to remedy this situation, I was redirected to the same automated message, not once, but twice.I went back to the website and attempted to contact someone through email. I was given the same information all over again.

Still no explanation as to why my account had been blocked, or what suspicious activity had taken place. Only that I would have to wait seven business days for a new card, THEN upload my information. I don't know about most people, but nine days (at least) is much too long to be waiting to access an account that my paycheck is deposited into. After three more emails, I was finally told that I would be called by someone in the next four hours. It has now been four and a half. Still no resolution to this problem, still no contact by someone who can answer my questions. My paycheck deposit was rejected and I've now been waiting for a week to get paid. If I could give this business a zero rating, I would.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information

3465 E Foothill Blvd.
Pasadena
91107-6071
www.walmart.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use