Direct Express

Compare Prepaid Debit Cards

Research top Prepaid Debit Cards recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My story is much like all the others almost exactly with a twist. 550.00 was missing from my card so I called, canceled the card, and they sent one out in two days. I paid extra cause she said the money will be on the new card and so started the investigation. She told me someone used the card at Amazon so I waited, broke for days, and stranded when it arrived with only 46.00 on it. I called back and got the same story as others about the packet and waiting longer and how the previous woman who helped was wrong. Having had enough I finally called Amazon and gave him the credit card number to look up the charges... there was none!!! Amazon was very helpful and supportive nobody used my card, this bank or someone working there is scamming customers! Now what? My daughter is still waiting for me to come home but I am stuck in another state waiting on this so-called bank! Why are they getting away with this?

Unintelligent, delinquent, unclean, unhealthy company policies. This company Direct Express fails to secure your money after card is stolen taking days to shut card off after reported stolen. I lost my funds by a thief! Direct Express is a loser company. They steal money out of my account every month like 15 or 32 dollars a day. They allow overdrafts if you forget a tip because it may be charged to account days later. How peculiar. Shut them down!!!

I was fraudulently taken for $600.00, almost my entire month's money to live off of. I am paraplegic, and have no way of working anymore, so like everyone else here I had to get SSI benefits. On February 1st a motel I had been staying at took $600.00 off of my card, which they had fraudulently kept on file. I had a judge's orders saying that money they were asking for in the Unlawful Detainer case was dismissed without prejudice, yet they took it anyway.

So I faxed Direct Express my dispute letter, along with the court order, should be very easy right?! NO WAY! They waited the 16 days to tell me that they "closed" the case, because my letter was illegible (they couldn't read it) which is a crock of crap! We all know they will do ANYTHING to keep from having to pay us back. I have gone as far as trying to contact the department of treasury, no help there. I say we get together with an attorney and file a class action lawsuit. Contact me if you're interested.

I went to check my balance on my card this morning only to find out that Direct Express had authorized 4 charges to my card to lye car service and 2 more to Sonic restaurant in California. I live in NY. All 6 charges were made within a few hours of one another. Apparently they do not monitor these cards. These were my social security benefits. The person that hacked my account was kind enough to leave me $25 on it. Lucky I called or that would have been gone too. Direct Express did not seem concerned about this and will check into it they said. Their attitude was totally unconcerned. I will be calling them every day till my money is put back on my card. I will also let social security know. Do not use this card... they do not monitor activity!!!

Here is the skinny on these slimy scumbags, they snag accounts automatically through disability. I did not choose them, OK? I noticed a lot of money was missing, checked the website and it showed some km343 or something like that withdrew the funds, first I google that company and found out it was some scam that somehow magically gets into people's accounts and just robs you (they play the law of averages, rob 100 people maybe only 70% catch them). Anyway, I call Direct Express and inform them that the pending transaction is unauthorized. Please stop it, yep here was my response, basically they said nope! "We can't do anything until the transaction is complete" (soon as you're done being robbed) then call us back, did they refund it then? Nope, not at all after watching myself get robbed they then sprung into action.

Here is how they handle it, after getting robbed you must wait a few weeks for this big packet to come in the mail, you most likely will have to ask them a few times to send it because they say they do but it never shows up, when it finally gets there you have to fill it out then take it to the police station and file a report, send it back and after about 9 months to a year you get some ** excuse or they'll just keep needing more information, basically they directly express it up your **! They're most likely involved with the thefts in the first place because they allow people into your account, again they just assume you are disabled and unable to pick up on it.

My recommendation is to get rid of them as soon as possible, you can have your disability sent directly to your bank. As a disabled person I understand what it's like to have your ability to provide taken away then have a bunch of clueless idiots pass judgement on you and a million dirtbags line up to try and rip you off, get rid of those people they are no good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Direct Express?

Forget biased opinions or other reasons you may glance over a review, please listen: there are factual reasons that you must move your benefits to another card immediately.

FACT 1: VICTIMS OF CC THEFT WILL WAIT 10 BUSINESS DAYS AT MINIMUM BEFORE GETTING THEIR STOLEN FUNDS BACK. At least two that I researched (AmEx and NetSpend) return your stolen funds within one business day in most cases. If you have money stolen from your card, Direct Express will always every time force you to wait 10 business days from date theft reported to get your provisional credit (your funds back). That's right, you live off your benefits and a credit card thief takes them all, you are screwed for at least two weeks no food, no bills paid. They may tell you it can come sooner, but I assure you ask anyone with prior claims.

A representative at Direct Express who actually cared that I lost my apartment even told me they probably won't EVEN LOOK at my claim until that last 10th business day. Oh and, no way to contact the dispute team. Not for you, and supposedly the workers can't contact them either. Guess what!! American Express Serve: you get your funds almost immediately after you report your card stolen as long as it's been registered. NetSpend: you get your funds back usually by the next day. Do some research I'm sure there's many more that are just as good.

FACT 2: YOU WILL NEVER, EVER GET YOUR BENEFIT DEPOSIT ONE SECOND EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED. Once again, AmEx Serve and NetSpend and may more options give you your money 1-2 days early each month. Unless your benefit pay date falls on a weekend or holiday, don't ever expect access to your money before 1 am on your payout date. Guess what!! Almost any other prepaid card out there will give you this money up to two days early. I have seen first hand that AMEX serve will two days early every month. And say your pay date is on a weekend or holiday, well then you'll get it two days before the new early day as well, so up to 4-5 days early possibly!!

FACT 3: Other things to consider, you can't load funds onto Direct Express, when you call into customer service expect significant hold times and hang ups after holding over an hour, and much more. Pretty much every other prepaid card lets you load funds and first hand experience with AmEx Serve and NetSpend proves customer service wait times of mere seconds on most occasions.

My opinion is that the Direct Express card is absolutely horrible, the company unethical, and there are so many disadvantages. After my $950 was stolen by thieves in another state, I lost my new apartment and went without meds and food. They didn't care. Also, you might trust this card because it's promoted by the Treasury. Guess what, when I went into the SSI office homeless and hurting, they basically informed me that they know nothing about the card and it was obvious there's just some money making partnership there. Please, don't accept this card. If on it already, get off now before your money is stolen and it's too late.

Around November 1, 2016, I attempted to make an online order for Scentsy with Direct Express card. It was denied. After several failed attempts, I contacted Direct Express. I was told that my card had been put on hold for an "unusual transaction attempt". I thought that was crazy because I knew I had used my card before then to order Scentsy. The hold was taken off my card. Then, December 1, 2016, I was able to use my card to order Scentsy, bought a few small things later that day, then I went to Wal-Mart that evening. On my way to Wal-Mart, I called Direct Express to get my balance on my card. I had $75 + left. I got what I needed and got to the checkout. When I ran my Direct Express Card, IT WAS DENIED! I knew this couldn't be right because I had just called not even 30 minutes before. I tried several more times, even putting a few things back... DENIED, DENIED, DENIED!!

Totally frustrated, I went home and called Direct Express to hear my balance again. It said it was $0! The next morning I called Direct Express and finally got to talk to someone. I was told that DirecTV had withdrew the remaining $75 off my card for "unreturned equipment"! I was completely shocked and furious! I had not authorized any "autopay" for DirecTV. When I told the Direct Express Customer Service lady this, she acted like it was no big deal. She basically said that if I used my card even once for DirecTV, that it gave them the right to withdraw off it. I was absolutely furious! I felt like I had been robbed! I have a Torn Rotator Cuff in my right shoulder and am unable to work. My VA check of $133 (on my Direct Express Card) is my only income, so I couldn't afford that big of a loss.

Then, maybe two weeks later, thinking that maybe DirecTV had refunded the $75 once they realized I had returned their equipment, I called Direct Express to see what my balance was. Not only had they not refunded my money, but I had a NEGATIVE BALANCE of $75!!! I have had my Direct Express Card for 10-15 years now and have never had that happen. If I had tried to make a purchase without enough on my card, it would be denied. It has never let me use what I didn't have. I tried to reach Direct Express and DirecTV on this matter and haven't been able to get anything straightened out.

As for when I "signed up" for DirecTV, first yes, I used my Direct Express Card for the initial $50 because it had to be paid then. When asked if I wanted autopay in that card I said NO. The "autopay" line on the agreement/receipt is empty and I never was asked to sign the agreement. A couple weeks later I received a bill from DirecTV for the initial $50 that I had already paid!! When I asked about this, I was told that the salesman had been with an independent company so technically DirecTV hadn't gotten their money. I will never get DirecTV again and will be canceling my Direct Express Card as soon as I am able to.

Just spoke to a so called "john" who would not give me his last name absolutely refused to at 888 741 1115. He was rude, nasty, ignorant and not one bit of help whatsoever. He was speaking to my son who is disabled and I tried to explain with my son on the phone and me right here. My son was a little confused being he has schizophrenia but this "john" said he can not speak to me, even with my son right there who he was just speaking to and explaining this to him. He kept cutting me off saying "I will not talk to you, I will hang up" he said.

All we wanted to know is if my sons card went out yet from 2 weeks ago at SSI. Simple question. My son said he lost it, which he didnt. He just got out of a 4 month stay at hospital and lost it last year. We just renewed him at ssi under his name cause I was his payee in august when he went into hospital. Now this john said he'll fedex a new card being my son said he lost it and yet never received it to lose. If this idiot would have listened for 10 seconds he could have helped instead of now probably screwing things up, like what happened in august when I was actually his payee then. They screwed it up then too. Took months to even get it into account. Days and numerous hours on phone with them for such simple things and they are all idiots there. Trust me, all of them, each and every single one I have dealt with. My job would never accept such idiots working for their company... fired in a minute, just for even the horrible customer service. Nasty, rude, incompetent people here!!!

These people are rude. Money is taken fraudulent from your account and they make you go through hell to dispute it. They hang up on you. They go in and debit and credit and debit again with no notes. Then after months they agreed to put an issue tracker on my $220 but told me there was no time frame required for them to respond. I told him no wonder there were thousands of BBB complaints and he said "well SS still uses us and we aren't a bank so we don't have to follow the same rules." Are you freaking kidding me? These are social security benefits and they treat you like dirt. Comerica and Direct Express need to lose their contract with SS. Let's petition to end this nightmare.

I am a caregiver for an elderly/disabled man. He has an issue with his card. We called in and I explained to the lady that he can't hear well that was why I was on the call with him. I started to explain the issue and the information that we needed so that we could plan to replace his card. She cut me off, went right to him (he had not heard her and did not know what was going on), she took his social and address, and proceeded to tell this man that his card was now cancelled, he could not use his card or his remaining balance and it would be 10 to 14 days until he received his new card. This started a huge yelling match with the man, me and the lady on the phone who just hung up on us. We have had dealings with them before and it has never been pleasant and the man never gets what he needs from them. Ghastly experience. I recommended to the man that he switch companies.

I called Direct Express on 11/07/216 when my SSI account was emptied out by someone that used it in a Toy R Us store in Staten Island NY. I lived in Kentucky. It was used in the store in NY only 3 hours after I used it in Ky. I disputed the charges, and cancelled the card. They know it's a fraudulent charge and instead of putting it back on my card, they want to go through the entire disputing cycle. By federal law, when they know it's a bogus charge, they have only 10 days to put the funds back Into the account!

Today I called... lo and behold there was no record of the dispute! And had the nerve to ask if I even called in! Wonder how I got my new card if I didn't call in... I asked about the provisional reimbursement and she had no clue about what I was talking about and even said they offered no such thing. So today I retained an attorney, and he said Direct Express, if in 10 days after today, is not issued back on my account. Since it's been proven that a duplicate card was used in the store in NY. They will be in violation of Federal Law, and he will be going after them. I am letting everyone know, if they see on your account it's a blatant bogus charge and they see that. They have only 10 days to put it back or they are in violation of Federal Law!

I wrote a review on Direct Express card from social security and I had made a mistake by not seeing my refund. I was looking in the wrong place. I actually feel safe with this card because it is an extension of the disability/social security dept and the app they have is so useful and convenient way to get your balance and all activities that occur. I don't have any issues and would recommend this card. And soon you will be able to borrow money from the card, like at a bank with way less than banks charge. Sorry Direct Express card that I made a pre judgement on a refund war.

Very unprofessional. It took 15 min to get update on my account. I gave card info and ss# address and birthdate, and was still not able to discuss account charges, was told that they have to ask 9 to 10 questions which I found a bit ridiculous. After putting in formal complaint was told by supervisor I am not allowed to check up on my complaint and will not receive a return call about it. There is no way to confirm my issue with direct express MasterCard. Again ridiculous.

It took me two years to get this new Direct Express, I was assured by the Treasury Department that this was the replacement for the paper check and it would work globally. My card was mailed to my current residency, which happens to be abroad and it did work but unfortunately for a short period of time. Then they decided that my GEO location doesn't match their computer program. After my debit card had been temporarily rejected by several ATMs at different locations, operated by different banks (one of those is the one that I have been using for the past 8 years and the same one I withdrew money 4 days before this fiasco started), I called the International Services. I had been calling those services for three consequent days and I had received one and the same answer. "Try another ATM, it's not from this end." They even went further reciting my balance on the card.

Yes, go try another ATM. Maybe this is not such a bad idea for someone who is an exercise geek but I am a stroke victim. Nevertheless, I had tried several machines throughout the city with the hope that those people at the call center know better and I might get lucky (taxi drivers don't usually take people for a free tour around the city because of their blue eyes, you know) and I had gotten the same notice "Card is temporarily rejected". I called the services again, and again. "Nothing is wrong with your card, please try later." On the fifth attempt to find out what exactly was going on with my card and to straighten it came the advice "We cannot do anything, apply for a replacement." And this replacement will cost me $14.

Let's for a minute assume that I am not the only one experiencing this problem the solution for which is a replacement and multiply the above stated amount by, let's say, 7 million plus vets and retirees who use this convenient service. Nice, huh? There is no direct phone number to complain just a call center. How convenient? This is not service but more confusion. Nobody at that call center was actually willing to explain what the issue with my card was, yet they were quick on sending me to chase the wind and more than happy to announce my card balance. I'm retired, not retarded, I can identify digits when I see them, I can check my balance online, and actually I do this every time before I withdraw money. I don't need anyone to interpret digits to me, I want somebody to tell me what's wrong with my card.

Since this question failed to get answered I feel obliged to ask the following: Why somebody can't check my card history if they can check my card balance and figure it out that my usual GEO location hasn't changed since day one of using this card? Ok, I'll get a replacement but how long will it work, another four months before somebody else comes up with the bright idea that my GEO location doesn't match the one from before, which has been the one and the same for the past 10 years? Should I inform the bank every time I decide to withdraw money or purchase something online and how to do it if there is only this insufficient call center provided? Whose vivid imagination created this twisted perception of convenience that causes nothing but aggravation, dissatisfaction and distortion?

On the 12th of October 2016, I submitted a card replacement request via telephone and has not received it yet! Today is the 30th of October 2016. Now I unable to contact a customer service representative to at least offer the UPS delivery -- 2 days and the charges waived -- as my VA disability monies have been placed on their card by the 1st of November 2016. My bills are set up to be paid during this time and I am afraid my bills will be past due to their lack of access and don't care attitudes. What can I do?

On 10/18/16 and 10/19/16 my Direct Express was used 3 times without my authorization. 188.82 at a Ross store in Phoenix store #338. Also 150.00 at some store called Swipe It in Sharon Mass. Also 66.00 to the Arizona State Fair. These people have not at all been of any use. They don't send paper work and are very rude.

Hi. I sent the paper work back in on the dispute I had on August the 18th when someone used my card pin. I told them I did not have the card. When they turned my words around things I did not say and they turn it down I lost over $500. Thanks for them I have nothing but I would not tell anyone about using this card. If I know about all this I would not have used them.

So I went into a store to use the ATM that Direct Express has us use in order not to receive a fee charge. So I went to pull $400.00 dollars. Well I'm waiting for the transaction to complete I get an error that say your transaction could not be completed please call your finance institution transaction could not be completed. So I decided to check my balance I thought maybe my funds were not deposited. I check and they pulled the $400.00 but did not give me my money. Mind you my rent is now due.

I called. It took me whole day to get through Direct Express. They then transferred me to a leave 2 rep. to get hung up on. Tried to call back just to wait 3 hours to finally get through and was told it would take 30 to 90 days to get my funds back after they send out a form that I need to fill out. It now has been 3 days and I still have not received the form so I called back and now they tell me it takes 7 to 10 days to get the form. I cannot afford to wait 30 to 90 days to get my money back I have bills to pay. So then I turn to this website and all I hear is bad about this card and that its not even related to a back but in the back it says we are FDC covered. Please can someone help me. I need my money.

Someone gave me the card as a gift. I had no issues or problems with the card. I used it a few times and nobody ever gave me any problems. It was very easy. It was just like using a regular credit card. There was no special way it had to be used. You just swipe and sign just like any other card. The value was good because these days I don't like to carry cash. I feel safer not having cash on me. It is much easier to have a card to use.

User is charged a fee for more than one ATM withdrawal per month, for more than one call to inquire balance per month, for printed statements each month. Customer support professional and appropriate for services provided. Information provided to customer sufficient for correct use of prepaid debit card. I am more pleased with Direct Express than I ever was with a checking/savings account with a bank. When deposit is in card, you use the card for debit if you need change to use for purchase, or use the card for credit with no change needed. Card may be used to purchase money order with debit card. Card may be used to withdraw once a month. Very easy to use. The value the Direct Express prepaid debit/MasterCard has brought to my life far exceeds when I had checking/savings account with a local bank. Direct Express is much easier, I keep better track of my expenses. No comparison using Direct Express prepaid debit card.

The fees were a little higher than I would have preferred. They were probably 2-5% higher than other cards like it. I am not a fan of overly high fees on prepaid cards. I really did not have to use customer support. The process was easy enough to set up and didn't require any extra help. That was a true upside. The card was similar to others in its class as far as ease of use. Once registered it was simple to use as a form of payment at many establishments that take these kinds of cards. The value of the card is in its everyday use. It is great for those times when you don't want to use your usual credit or debit card. It just makes life easier.

I in a disabled vet and I have my disability check sent to Direct Express. I have been using Express for quite a few years. I even referred several people to them, never had a problem until just recently. On the 1st of September I tried to do a cash withdrawal through my bank to transfer funds. It was declined. I called Direct Express and was told it was the Navy Federal Credit Union problem not theirs and that I should go to another bank. On September 2nd I went to a different Navy Federal Credit Union bank and tried the same thing, and was denied once again. So I went to Chase Bank and I was declined once more. I pulled up the app to check my account, and it showed that a pending for $1,500 to the Navy Federal Credit Union. So I went back to Navy Federal Credit Union. They were told no it was declined and I was to call my bank. I called them and was told that it would be released within 48 hours.

It was not released I called again and was told that the Navy Federal Credit Union had to send a letter in stating they did not want the funds and that my funds were going to be held for 10 days just in case the Navy Federal Credit Union changed your mind. Then I was told that the Navy Federal Credit Union could fax a letter in and my funds would be released within 24 to 48 hours. The Navy Federal Credit Union faxed in three letters and according to US Direct Express they never received any fax. My funds were to be released today 10 days later so I called to find out what was going on and I was told no they may be released tomorrow and today is the 12th of September. Meanwhile my bills are back due and my cell phone's getting ready to be cut off. It's a shame that they are playing with the disability checks of Social Security and the veterans. I did contact an attorney. I am going to try and do a class action lawsuit against them.

Low fees which makes it easier to use than the other guys prepaid cards. You can use it any where you go and you will be at your best knowing this card is safe to use. This is one of the reasons I choose this card because of the customer service support you get. Either you can go online or use the phone number and the support is right there for you. I use my card at the grocery store and love how easy it is to use. Value is in the knowing that with this card you can re-load any so many different places and then use it again and again. Check this card out and you will see for yourself what a great value it is.

On August 3rd, I attempted to use my disability card "direct express" at a Wells Fargo Bank in San Antonio,TX. My request was $500.00 from the $627.00 I get monthly. The ATM had a $3.00 service fee totaling $503.00. This was at 8:45am. The ATM said "Unable to process the transaction, please contact your financial institution." Shaking, I pulled over and called to see if I even got a deposit, I did. When I checked the transaction report, it showed a pending atm transaction for $503.00. I immediately called to report the problem with direct express. They gave me a tier 2 or level 2 customer service rep who got my complaint and said they were sending me forms to file.

Meanwhile, it was past 9am, and I spoke to Vanessa ** (CSR) and ultimately Javier **, a manager for that branch. They indicated it may take 4-5 business days for a self audit and it would return the money. So I left, broke and worried. I got the paperwork several days later and returned immediately the same day. It was just a handwritten form of what I explained over the phone to begin with. I got the $503.00 returned to my account about 4 days later and immediately withdrew. I assumed they found the error and it was corrected. I was wrong. I called on September 1st to see if I had any remaining balance on my card, and showed a $486.00 overdraft. Please help, I don't know what to do. My son has brain cancer! It's almost all we have. 9-03-2016, they took it back, $486.00 out of $627.00.

After learning about the $486.00 overdraft on September 1st, I went back to Wells Fargo and spoke again with Vanessa ** and she got Patsy, their branch service manager, involved. I gave her the date, time of incident and amount of $503.00, including my card number used at their ATM, and expressed to her to pull the video. As of September 6th, the date of this letter, I have had no response from her. I called Direct Express on 9-01-2016 and was told that the Merchant Wells Fargo provided documentation contract or etc, no error had occurred. My case was closed by Direct Express.

I am now out the original $503.00 as they took any remaining balance from my card that was remaining after 8-03-2016 deposit. After reviewing a Google search of problems with Direct Express, I saw that I am not alone. It's happening across the country to the ones that need it most. It has affected my health greatly to the point I have had to take medication to stop from shaking and almost ended up in the ER. I had to move my family at the time and do everything. My fiance is legally blind (born with congenital cataracts possibly from Agent Orange, her dad is a purple heart from Vietnam), my stepson has stage 4 terminal brain cancer, and I have many mental health issues. I am trying to get help, but can't afford the treatment. I need to just care for my family and I am trying to hold it together. Please help me! I don't know where else to turn.

There are no fees. It's always been free to use the card and to transfer money and whatnot etc. It's really easy to use. They explain absolutely everything about how to use it in their plentiful tutorials. Using it in the store is extremely easy and usually I use mine as a credit card. I find it very very valuable, but isn't that kind of relative to the user? Maybe to some people, it ISN'T valuable. To others, it could be the most valuable thing they have in their wallet. I am definitely part of the latter group.

The card has very reasonable fees and I would definitely recommend it. One of my favorites. This is an excellent card to use for everything. I rarely use customer support, but the few times that I did "just general questions I asked them", I received excellent customer support from them. It's super simple to use this card. All you have to do, after you activate is it just go to the store and shop. And then swipe!!! Very simple and easy to use. The value with this card is excellent. I'd always recommend this card and I always use it. I have no worries anymore when it comes to my safety and security.

Almost every month I cannot access my account at least once! Today was my deposit, I'm on a seriously limited income. The phone line for Direct Express has a busy signal when I call and/or states "We are having technical difficulties". I cannot ACCESS MY ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME THAT IS DEPOSITED ONLY ONCE A MONTH. This is ridiculous and happens way too often. Fix this please immediately.

My Direct Express card was used without my permission and the dispute department took their time sending the paperwork as well as not listening to my reasoning as to why the action was fraudulent. The company in question did not have the power to use my card as reoccurring. This same company did the same thing with another debit card. The merchandise was returned, and I had requested for this merchandise be picked up one month prior. Instead they went into my accounts and took money they were not entitled to collect. I am a 64 year old disabled person, living on a fixed income and the treatment their customer service personnel talked to me was insulting. The company does not try to help. They talk to you as if you committed a crime and your concerns do not matter. I am not going to use this company any more.

My acct was hacked Aug. 4. A dispute has been filed. Spoke to a CSR about the pending dispute. These people are some rude asses!!! They don't give a damn about your money or what you have to pay for. They make you file paperwork and still tell you that you have 45-90 days to get your OWN money that they know didn't authorized. Why? Simple because they are the ones who told you about the unauthorized transactions. I don't recommend NO ONE to use this card!!! Stay away.

I have been battle with this company since my mother's passing November 2013, trying to get her last social security check for my step-father. It took several months before I could even get someone to send me the appropriate documentation needed to complete so that her money could be released to him. It wasn't until late last year that I was able to get the documentation; however, we've had to submit it 3 times before they claimed they received it. After they received it, they claimed that it was the incorrect documentation and we could have to go down to the courthouse to obtain documents stating that my father has the rights to the money. After doing all of this a couple of months ago, we were then given fax numbers to send the paperwork over to them.

Unfortunately, all 3 different fax numbers they provided to us did not work, then they claimed they were having computer issues, then we were told that they do not accept the claims via fax, we would have to mail it. But then we had to submit a whole new claim, after getting that paperwork sent back to us and mailing it back. My step-father received a check today August 17, 2016 for $12.16; however, the balance in the account owed to him is $755.00! What the heck is going on with this bank, why won't they give him step-father what is legally owed to him? Direct Express Card is holding $755.00 which my mother never got a chance to touch because she was hospitalized and passed away on November 17, 2013.

According to the print out we received from Direct Express dated July 2, 2015 $755.00 is what is in the account, so why in the heck would they send him a freaking check for $12.16? Where is the money that is rightfully his and why in the heck are they holding it! He was forced to retire from his job of 23-years because the cerebral palsy he was born with is getting worse and now he's on disability, and he needs all of the financial help he can get. Especially, that of which is rightfully due to him! What can we do get them to release this money to him?

Direct Express Company Profile