3.36/5
Based on 1,076 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that provides consumers with cash back rewards on purchases they make every day. Use it everywhere Debit MasterCard® or Visa® debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Rewards include 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, and 1% cash back at Walmart stores. Earn up to $75 in cash back rewards per year.

Walmart MoneyCard offers free direct deposit and will allow you to send money for free to other Green Dot Bank issued cards. The new Walmart MoneyCard app is now available to track your money around the clock. Contact us today to learn more!

ABBB Rating
View More View More

6387 Walmart MoneyCard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 9, 2019

After being a WalMart MoneyCard customer for over a decade without problems, someone somehow made 4 transactions against our card (all within 15 minutes start to finish) which we reported as soon as we noticed a balance problem. We filled out and mailed in requested forms and waited patiently only to be told the transactions were valid! They are NOT and we are out hundreds of dollars with no recourse.

Hello Kevin,

It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier today. We’re glad that we were able to resolve the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make things right. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Great experience. I have had my pay deposited and my tax returns. Never have an issue when using it. Highly recommended. Using it you also have options for saving money and you also have the ability to receive cash back rewards. You can Pay bills. It's a normal bank account.

Hi David,

You've got us all figured out! In fact, we’re a team that's dedicated to providing our customers with the best prepaid debit card possible. Thanks for being a part of the Green Dot family.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I love that I can put my work money on the card, and that I can get cash off of it for free and how I can put any amount on it. Otherwise my life would be very much more complicated. I thank you much.

Hi Amanda,

Great feedback! We’re so happy to hear that you’re enjoying your Walmart MoneyCard and hope that it continues to service your every need. Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Original review: April 9, 2019

On Feb. 27, 2019 an unauthorized transactions was done on my account. I contacted Walmart MoneyCard and disputed the transaction which they denied a week later. They closed the account and sent me out another but I told them the address had changed and they still sent it to the old address. When I contacted them letting them know I still haven't received my card they told me they couldn't send another card they had to closed the whole account. They told me to send them verification to two email address one for the address changes (verifymydocs@greendotcorp.com) and for my refund check because I still have $389.07 on the account they closed so I emailed them verification to email address (rr@greendot.com), I emailed them on 3/19/2109.

As of 4/9/2019 I still haven't received my money and when I call the customer service representatives are soooo rude and all they do is hang up on you. I just spoke to someone again today. She said her name was Gizelle and she was a supervisor. She didn't look into anything. All she said was they created a claim to have a manager contact me and they couldn't look into my case. I even talked to Gizelle last night and she told me I should receive my money by the close of business day. 4/8/2019 still no money.

It's like they keep giving me the run around and no manager is calling me and when I call the CSR are so rude and they are not willing to help at all. I would advise anyone not to ever get a Walmart MoneyCard and if you do and have the account closed due to unauthorized transactions please know that you will never receive the money off that card and they are not willing to make sure you get that money. I have contacted the BBB and let them know also what is being done and how rude they are.

Hello Chanetta,

We attempted to contact you through the number provided by Consumer Affairs but were unable to reach you. However, we left you a voicemail that contained our direct contact information. Please contact us at your earliest convenience, so that we may assist you with resolving your concerns.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My experience with Wal-Mart MoneyCard has been great. The website and automated systems are easy to use and I especially like the text alerts concerning my account. I've been using Wal-Mart MoneyCard for over a year now and I don't have any complaints.

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We value the opportunity to help people with their financial needs and do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Walmart MoneyCard and all of it's great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

Green Dot Corporation

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: April 9, 2019

Great!!!! I love this card. I told my husband I will never swich. Thank you sooo much for the love an appreciation you show your cardholders. I love the cash back part. It's amazing. The savings part is my favorite. Putting my money away like I'm broke is amazing and I'm thankful for it.

Hi Brandie,

We're so happy to hear that you love your Walmart MoneyCard. Mission Accomplished! We do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks by offering a variety of features and simple fees. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Walmart MoneyCard and all of it's great features. Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Original review: April 9, 2019

My paycheck is direct deposited on this card. I also had my tax return direct deposited on it. This card is useful. Unlike the Bluebird card, that I tried recently, you can get cash back with purchases. I use this online and in stores. I have never had any difficulty with it. One thing I wish it would do is show the balance remaining when I get emailed purchase alerts.

Hi Susan,

We're so happy to hear that you like your Walmart MoneyCard and appreciate your feedback. Feedback from wonderful customers such as yourself assists us in becoming better at what we do. We hope that you continue to enjoy your Walmart MoneyCard and all of its great features. Thank you so much for being a loyal customer.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

I can never talk to a live person. It's terrible cause I was on a business trip and needed to talk to someone about my card. Not possible. It just refers me to the website. Very upsetting when you need human help and it's just not available to the customer.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you’ve shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

I've been a customer for over 10 years. Never had any problems until recently. I had 3 charges from Roku/Hulu. I called over two weeks ago and disputed these charges. I'm sitting here waiting for any kind of update. Starting to feel like I'm not going to get my money back. I'm actually really thinking about going back to a regular bank just for the more personal experience because I don't feel that anymore with this "bank".

Hello Cassandra,

We attempted to contact you through the number provided by Consumer Affairs but were unable to reach you or leave a voicemail. Please contact us via Private Message at your earliest convenience so we can assist you with resolving your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you!

Original review: April 8, 2019

This card is great. I had one issue one time when someone in a different state had taken my money from an atm. And the card people took care of everything. Got me a new card and reloaded my money on it. My only concern is that the card itself is thin and keeps breaking in half.

Hi Jason,

Original review: April 8, 2019

I like the MoneyCard. I like the features such as it lets me know when I make a purchase, even on my Apple Watch, ease of checking my balance and transactions. I don’t like being charged 3.00 to load money, especially cash. That should be waived for good account holders. I do know that one fee is waived for direct deposit but all fees should be dropped after that. It is only fair as I am using this service to hold my money.

Hi Jake,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our card. We do our best to offer alternatives to traditional banks by offering a variety of features and simple fees. Don't forget to visit www.attheregister.com for all your reload needs. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss. Thanks again for being a loyal customer.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I cannot find a customer service number for questions or problems. I was alerted that I had earned 6.00 and some change back, yet it is not on my card. Neither is my reward for a 50 Walmart order. I don't understand why the rewards have stopped?

Hello Christina,

Original review: April 7, 2019

I am pleased overall with my experience with the card. I have been using it for almost 4 years now. I would definitely recommend it to others. The ease of use is great and the no fee with deposits is great.

Hello Elliot,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We value your business and thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs. We are so happy to hear you're enjoying our direct deposit feature. Feel free to contact us via private message if you have any questions or concerns you'd like to discuss.

Original review: April 7, 2019

Two things: first the card does not work at pay at the pump at gas stations. I have another card similar to WM card that does work at pay at the pump. Second, the promotion at the beginning of the year for new card members that entitles them to $100 credit for opening a new card is a real blow to existing members. We get NOTHING. I will be closing my card soon and moving to SoFi because of these two reasons.

Original review: April 7, 2019

The card is easy to use. I never have any problems with my account. I am very thankful for you all and I love Money Network. I love the fact that customer service is very easy to get to. The menu options are very straightforward. Thank you for making my life easier.

Hi Darneshia,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We value your business and thank you for your support. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I'm very satisfied with Moneycard. The only thing I don't understand is why certain businesses won't direct deposit to my account. That's the only thing that I don't like. It seems to be more of a problem with them. Do you have any resolution for that?

Hi Jami,

We appreciate your feedback! We're so glad you're happy with your Walmart MoneyCard experience. Please be advised, when you enroll in direct deposit release of deposit is subject to your payment provider’s process and timing. If you have additional questions or concerns please contact us directly.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2019

I like the Walmart MoneyCard. I had it for over 5 years but there are some down sides. 1 top issues is the Walmart MoneyCard reload fee is too expensive. $3.++. It would be nice if we could reload the card at Walmart for free because it is a "Wal-Mart Money Card". The "Bluebird card" by American Express reload fee is $0 at any Walmart cashier and NO monthly charge fee and reload amount is as low as $1 but with Wal-Mart money card you have to load $20 or more, get charge for a reload fee $3.++, and has a monthly charge. As a low income member $3.00 reload and monthly charge fee is a lot for me. Walmart MoneyCard should have a $0 reload fee at walmart and minimum amount should be $1.00.

Hello Raquel,

Original review: April 6, 2019

I like using my MoneyCard because it is accepted at every merchant I have tried using it at. You can set alerts for balances, deposits and such, makes life easier. I downloaded the app on my phone and can slide for balance check without having to sign in.

Hello Vera,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you're taking advantage of our online services. We encourage you to take full advantage of our online services provided to you. We value your business and thank you for allowing us to assist you with your financial needs. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been using the Walmart Moneycard for around 8 years now to receive my direct deposits from my work and up until this year I have had Zero Complaints about them, but here within the last 2 months I have not been able to access my online account to transfer funds between my account and my vault because when I go to log into my account even though I have the correct Username and Password I cannot access the account still because it wants me to verify my phone or Email with a verification code which it never sends.

I have contacted Customer service multiple times and have multiple case numbers pertaining to this situation because every time I contact them they say they are looking into the situation and have contacted their technical support team and then they send me an email saying the issue has been resolved. I retry and same thing happens. Finally I called them today and asked to speak with a Supervisor instead of a regular representative. We used a different browser, still same thing happened, Tried the APP for my Android Phone. Still no luck. Tried my browser on my Phone, No luck. She sent the report to their corporate offices and they are going to try to figure out what is going on with the situation and get back with me. I am still hopeful, but hope is fading fast. I don't know what to do here. I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else so far. I don't know...

Original review: April 6, 2019

So on March 30th 2019 I noticed several unauthorized transactions on my card totaling around $100. The company where those transactions were made have already refunded my money. However, Walmart MoneyCard has not. I have received and activated my new card yet when I call customer service regarding this, I'm told it could take up until April 30th before I have access to my money. I think this is ridiculous, if the company where the fraudulent transactions were made can refund my money within 24 hours, why can't you release my money now instead of forcing me to wait three weeks. I have kids to feed and you're holding my money hostage. No matter the outcome, you have lost a customer Walmart MoneyCard.

Hello Bryan,

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have direct deposits so When payday falls on weekends funds are not available. Always have to until next Monday to handle business. Very inconvenient when rent or bills are due. Is there anyway to work in how funds are released over weekends?

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been trying to activate my card for 4 days. Website won't allow the activation, when I call the customer service rep tells me their computer is having trouble communicating and to call back. A few have even hung up on me at that point. Walmart won't give me my money back and Green Dot won't provide any help.

Hello Stacye,

Original review: April 6, 2019

Fine. Seems to work everywhere, no problems. I like the online feature and daily alerts. Only problem frequently the card doesn't scan and I don't want to change account numbers. Any solution for that? I'd like a replacement, not a new account number.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have had the Walmart Money Card for a very long time now and am completely satisfied with it. The only suggestion I have to make it better is to, maybe, provide text message alerts when there is any activity on the account.

Hi Ursula,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We encourage you to enroll into account alerts online and take full advantage of our online services provided to you. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Absolutely love the various abilities this card offers, I use this card as my primary card, easy to load from my SSI direct card, balance is immediately available. I use the application to monitor my use and available balance and it immediately notifies me of purchases, I am due to get a new card. Hope my future use is as easy.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you're taking advantage of our online services. We encourage you to take full advantage of our online services provided to you. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have been using the Walmart Moneycard for a while now. I have not had an issue getting my direct deposits on time, or any problems loading or using my card as of yet. Overall I'm very happy with my Walmart Moneycard and plan to continue using it.

Hi Stacy,

Thank you for being our valued customer and your business over the years. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come. We value your business and thank you for your continued support. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 6, 2019

My card ending in ** was stolen on 03-29-19. There were several transactions made on the account for Google transactions that were not made by me. I had a balance of 400 dollars in my account on the 28 of March. I reported my card on the 29 being and all the transactions went Thur. I need someone to return my call or email so my money can be put on my card. I also don’t like how you can’t speak with any one on the phone because there is no number provide to contact y’all.

Hi Dorothy,

We’re glad that we were able to address the concerns that you shared. We value your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I've had three or four cards as they have expired but the quality of the card is somewhat pitiful. It just doesn't hold up. Maybe if you suck a couple of more dimes into the manufacturing of the card and made it a little easier on the eyes it couldn't hurt. Just saying.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I love it. I have been using for a long time. Everything comes to that card. I also can use it. Anywhere it never failed me. I also get points every time I use it at Wal-Mart every year. I would recommend to anyone who want to go with prepaid.

Hi Tyleshia,

Thank you for being our valued customer and for your business over the years. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come. We value your business and thank you for your continued support. Feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns that you would like to discuss.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I love my Walmart Card. The only thing I can’t do is pay at the pump at other gas stations. I always have to go inside to pay. Please fix that. But a great and wonderful card!!! Oh and get some kind of link that allows personal info to be updated. I moved states and need to update my info.

Hi Cynthia,

We'd like to have someone look into your account and discuss the concerns that you shared. We'll be in touch with you through the contact information provided to us by Consumer Affairs.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information