2. Finance
  3. Prepaid Cards
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.29/5

Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that provides consumers with cash back rewards on purchases they make every day. Use it everywhere Debit MasterCard® or Visa® debit cards are accepted in the U.S. Rewards include 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, and 1% cash back at Walmart stores. Earn up to $75 in cash back rewards per year.

Walmart MoneyCard offers free direct deposit and will allow you to send money for free to other Green Dot Bank issued cards. The new Walmart MoneyCard app is now available to track your money around the clock. Contact us today to learn more!

View More View More
Walmart MoneyCard Learn More

Walmart MoneyCard Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 1, 2020

My only source of income was delayed today without any acceptable reason. Every other payee received their deposit on time today, mine was inexplicably lost even though my payer replied to me that a digitally timestamped check authorization confirmation ticket was received from Walmart Money Card immediately after midnight. This is not the first time. It happened last year as well. After waiting hours on the phone today to speak with an agent all they said was “we're backed up” with no other explanation — totally unprofessional.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Worst customer service I’ve ever encountered! I have been fighting for over 3 weeks to have funds returned that were illegally removed! I have provided the customer service staff with all necessary details to resolve the dispute & was promised a call back back a supervisor & still have not received one 3 weeks later & have been told different things by every rep I speak to. They are crooks! I can’t believe you are allowed to do business if this is how you treat your customers!! I am truly disgusted!

Original review: May 23, 2020

I loved the Walmart card a one point.. Now I would never recommend this card to no one at all. There was fraud on my card. Someone was buying all kinds of stuff online in a different state that I have never even been to and they keep throwing my dispute out won't give me my money back every time I call about it. They only thing they do is tell to reopen it. This has been going on for almost 2 months now. At this point I'm going to have my lawyer give them a call and look more in to this and I'm really tired of this. I can't believe people can just take your money and it all be ok. This is a sad company... On top of it they tell me they will have the higher up call me and no one ever calls me back..

Original review: May 21, 2020

I try to do a mobile upload helping my son and when I say this has been the worst time in my life OMG. So I was sent an email saying that they couldn't do the upload. Ok no problem so few days later my son took his check. Got it cash but there was a block placed on my card and I have been fighting to get my money every since. I have sent in everything they have ask but blood and I want my money. I don't know if I need to go to a TV station, call a lawyer, BBB or something. They have had my card block since 05/03/2020.

Original review: May 20, 2020

My husband I got a wmc a few weeks ago because they closed our other card. We had DD added to the card. DD was deposited a week later, but our card wasn’t in the mail. So we called to get the tracking number. Nope, they won’t give it to us. They said it will be there tomorrow. Needless to say tomorrow came and went no card. Called them back stayed on hold for 4.5 hours!!! You read it right 4.5 hours!! Then the girl said, "Oh, we sent it to your old address. I’ll have one over nighted to you." Almost a week later we got the card, went to activate it and it said our info was wrong.

Called customer service and was on hold for 5 hours!! Got a rep who could barely speak English and was VERY rude! Said he couldn’t do anything. He didn’t have the authority. He would have to put in a ticket to corporate and they would calls in 24 hours. 24 hours later... nothing. We are on hold again as I type this and have been on hold for 4 hours. As of now they have our money and will not let us have access to it because they can’t figure out what they have done. Avoid them if you can. This is ridiculous!! Also, the rep would not give us corporate's number and hung up on us when asked to speak to his supervisor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have been using the Walmart prepaid card for over 3 years. I thought it was great and never had any issues until now. After getting my direct deposit linked to it they have blocked my account and will not undo the block. I have contacted customer service multiple times. Sent over the needed documents OVER A WEEK AGO and it is still blocked. They have all my money on it with no way for me to access it until they lift decide to lift the lock. Customer service was a nightmare. Barely helped and had me on hold for over 3 hours before I even got a person on the phone. This has been terrible. I will continue to fight it until I get my money but I will never be using this card again. I strongly suggest getting any other kind! It will be a nightmare if you ever have an issue.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I'm trying to get help in regards to my card and I can't get anyone to answer the phone. Please help me because it is the only way that I can get my money. All of my money is on that card right now. Please.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I went to a bank Atm to withdraw money, the Atm shut down or blanked down before giving any me my money, was told by the bank teller at the drive thru window they can't help me because my card isn't affiliated with their bank, too card my to make a complaint... I did, received a letter from money card saying dismissing my claim. I was told again they will be refiling my claim, but I also was told to send in a letter about my transaction that happened, but wasn't giving this information the first time to complete. It seems to me that I'm getting the run-around.. I need someone to help me to get my money back. I'm not a thief, I'm a disabled person who hates what happened to me.... PLEASE HELP.

Original review: May 15, 2020

For all the good a, Review will do.. I have had nothing but bs from their customer service dept. Heaven forbid a person who has their entire paycheck direct deposited as well as tax return and stimulus, has a need to speak to a human regarding your own money. It was taking at least 5 minutes of automated BS to have to listen to in order to speak to someone then can barely understand what they are saying.

I disputed three transactions ...first time having to do so. Three totaling 162.00. It took three calls to, finally, not be disconnected. After, 22 days and no word from this bs Green, Dot bank, I call AGAIN...the 10 days wait for them to conduct an investigation has been extended. Cant tell me why or when it will be resolved. Must not be any of my business...wow. I have loaded at least $10,000.00 since Sept 2019. I feel insulted and disrespected, to say the least. My advice is to go to an ACTUAL BANK. Piss on this, green dot bank aka bs ⁰bank.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I have a Walmart Moneycard account with over $1000 on it but cannot access it because the birth date was incorrectly entered. In order to talk to an operator you must activate your card or enter your social security number. Both of these options require entering your birthday and every time I enter my birthday it says incorrect and hangs up on me. I have tried calling Walmart and they offer no help. They have no way to get a hold of a live person without a valid birthday.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information