2. Finance
  3. Prepaid Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.03/5

The Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid banking card. The card includes a variety of features such as cash back rewards at Walmart.com, Walmart Fuel Stations and Walmart stores. The card has no fees at Walmart locations, and it has a mobile app that lets you track your purchases and deposit funds into your account.

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

See suggested offers from our Partners

Great Prepaid Debit Cards We Recommend

Learn more

Walmart MoneyCard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Walmart is convenient for me. It is so easy to reload whenever I'm there. I haven't tried reloading it online. I have not contacted customer service. There are no fees involved. It is just as convenient for me as a debit card. I also get rewards for certain purchases that can add up to cash back. I haven't had the card long enough to cash in.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I win $5. Walmart gift cards as bingo prizes where I live. Occasionally there is a problem at the store when using theses. Usually when there is a problem, the manager can input the serial number or override the problem. Overall, I do love getting them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Free money transfer to out-of-town recipient with cash deposit (a con is that this type of deposit can only be made at Walmart’s with Money Center services), affordable fees and charges, Instant transaction reporting, very effective phone app, easy access, Informative transaction journal, user settings are not difficult to understand or set.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

It's an easy card to purchase if you dont want to deal with banks. It has all the same options as an account. I've had mine for several years and it's in my wallet whenever I need it. I just go to Walmart and load what I need on it and it's a average debit card. No min deposit or cancelation. It's ready when you are. Plus you can have your check deposited to the card every payday, not to mention irs... Any funds can be deposited.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

It’s the easiest card to use even better than Visa or Amex!! No issues to reload and one simple activation process. The only card I give as gifts as well. You’re able to use anywhere and always check your balance which is an easy process with the app on your phone.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I've never had a problem with the WMC when I first got it (over 5 years ago), but lately they have severely gone downhill. It appears that they will post your DD whenever they feel like it, and not when they are supposed to (or say they are supposed to). I have rent and bills come off my card, and when my paycheck doesn't post when it should, I get calls and emails about eviction and disconnects. They do not care, it's almost like they have fun with this! I'm done dealing with them, and am closing my account ASAP and moving on to a place that treats their account holders with some respect. And in the end, I don't care if they hit me with fees (which they will). It's a small price knowing I won't have to deal with them again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I have never had a problem with this card. Since I shop at Walmart for most of my groceries it was my go-to card. In fact if it weren't that I get cashback on my Discover and Chase cards I would still be using it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I’ve used this card a few times. It’s been one of the best! It’s the one I go to if I choose to buy a prepaid card. Usually for birthdays for family and friends. I refill the ones that I’ve been given and give them to others as gifts too!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

The Walmart gift card just doesn't work. You need to know the EXACT balance on the card in order to use it: by the penny. Walmart employees cannot look up the balance for you. The only option to obtain the balance is to call the automated system. The gift card doesn't work on the card scanner so you have to manually enter it on the screen.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Card works good as a gift. As far as I know you can only use it at Walmart. Have not purchased a Walmart gift card so I do not know about the cost. All returns at Walmart all they give you is a card for that store.

Walmart MoneyCard Company Information