1.07/5
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 22, 2018

547 Vanilla Prepaid Cards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

I loaded a OneVanilla Mastercard at Walmart to purchase a drone on Amazon. The first transaction went through for 295.00 however I returned the purchase due to a defect. Amazon quickly refunded my $. A couple day later I attempted to use the card for $5 and the card was rejected. I immediately checked my balance and saw a pending transaction for $225.00 (that was close to the amount left on card which was less than $230.00). That was on Sunday 2/18/2018.

On 02/19/2018 I contacted a company representative and was sent a card dispute form via my email on 02/20/2018. I did everything by the numbers, made copies of the form for my records and a fax confirmation sheet. They tell you to wait 10 to 14 days before contacting them. Today is 04/22/2018 and I do not have a clue what the status of my complaint is. That's $225.00 I could have done something with. I never got the drone I wanted (my Christmas present from the wife). When I started looking I found out I am not alone when it comes to being ripped off and getting no help from this outfit.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We put $150 on this prepaid card through Dollar General yesterday. Her daughter went on a trip. She took it with her for food, tried to use it for dinner and it was rejected. So we get online to check the balance and it was at zero because there was a pending transaction through Amazon for $150. We then proceeded to call the company Vanilla Visa credit card company spoke to 3 different people all on different levels and they were unable to help us with the situation. They said we have to wait 45 days to get this resolved and they couldn't stop the pending transaction. So then I asked him if we could fill out a dispute form and he said. "No. Not until the transaction goes through."

How does this make sense if the products are not paid for on Amazon and they don't get it? So why let people get something when it's not their money. Needless to say none people that we talk to or any help they have none of our information. They're not even planning on doing anything for the situation. We have to call them back in a couple of days once that transaction goes through. I will never ever use this prepaid credit card company again and I'll be very cautious of Visa for them backing this company when they really have horrible procedures (or none at all) in an emergency situation. I will be filling out multiple reviews so that anybody who's looking for prepaid cards might have this information prior to. It was a big problem and solves not been resolved.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Got the Prepaid Debit Card for the very first time and had my whole payroll check direct deposited! I got a deposit on Monday, tried to use the card on Tuesday and did not work. I called customer service and found out that they put a Restriction on my card. I would have NEVER even know if I had not called in to customer service. They said I needed to send in identity verification and don't you think that I somehow should have been notified of that information. I emailed the requested information to email address they provided and did receive an automated email response that the information was received!

Called back today and they act like they have no idea what I am talking about, and that they did not receive the information and would have to resend it! I AM TOTALLY BEYOND PISSED!!! I submitted drafts for mortgage and car payments that now probably did not even go through because I did not know card was restricted, and cannot even buy groceries for my kids when my account shows over $3000 from my Payroll was deposited!!! WHO CAN WE CALL TO REPORT THEM, THE GEORGIA CONGRESSMAN, BBB???

Original review: April 6, 2018

My husband and I received a $100 Vanilla gift card for Christmas in 2014. Reading the back of the card there is no indication that they will take out a certain sum each month. We assumed there was no rush to use it. The expiration is 06/22. Tried using it today to discover that only $32 is left on it simply because they kept taking monthly fees out. This is ridiculous and outrageous! My poor mother in law thought she was being kind by giving us this card instead she was ripped off. Why is this even legal?

Original review: March 25, 2018

This company is awful!! Customer service reps DO NOT understand English. Put a freeze on my account because I was aggravated and hung up. So now they have my utility bill money and won’t unfreeze my account and want personal verification after I’ve been a consumer for 2 years and spent thousands of dollars. So come tomorrow morning my utilities will be shut off and I can’t do anything about it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanilla Prepaid Cards?

Original review: March 22, 2018

PLEASE SHARE THIS, everyone should know so they can protect themselves from the VISA prepaid card scam! We had bought two Visa prepaid cards to use online and BOTH turned out to be frauds. Somehow (don't ask me how) these scammers switch out the real card for one that looks real and when YOU buy it, bang they have a card worth money and you are left with headaches and frustration. They can go to the website and check if the card is active, they don't have to sign up or anything just put in the numbers and they will see its active and that's when they use it. Thankfully the amazing staff at Shoppers could help us and we did not lose money but what a week long runaround nightmare (not Shoppers’ fault, they were great). The prepaid visa people you call through the 1 800 number on the card were absolutely USELESS and I would have been out the money if not for the Shoppers Drug Mart staff.

The cards are not even owned by Visa, it's a third-party vendor. So don't think you are doing business with Visa, you're not. Here is my story: My wife bought a $150 dollar Visa prepaid card at the Blackburn location March 16th so we could shop online as I need a new video card for my TV. I work long hours and as a result the card sat on my desk until I could get to placing the order online. Saturday March 17th rolled around and when I tried to use the card it turned out not to be activated. The company asked me to send them a picture of the front, back and receipt for the card and they will activate it within 3 business days. I still had some other online shopping to do so I decided we would get a new card in the meantime valued at 200 so I could both register my son for Algonquin online and buy my TV video card. We were already at St-Laurent Shopping Center so we went to that Shoppers Drug Mart.

When I got home there seemed to be an issue with the card and after calling the toll free number I was told to return to the store. As I am sure you can well imagine I was very frustrated and slightly enraged at this point and went right back to the store. People buy these things for convenience and this was anything but convenient. When I arrived at the store I spoke with the manager. She looked at the card and said she thinks it’s a fraud card. She explained that they have had trouble in the past and will do her best to help me and my wife. After about 40 minutes of her being on the phone in a back room she returned to us with a new $200 card that was activated etc. I have not had any trouble with that card and have since used it to register my son at college. On Tuesday I had still not received a reply about the $150 dollar card we had bought in Blackburn so I called the 1 800 number again and big surprise, I had to go to the store.

Upon arriving at the store on Wed. March 21, I was taken care of by that manager. After we both received the “runaround, please hold” game for over an hour, he was kind enough to give me my $150 back in cash and said that he will be taking this matter to the fraud dept as there is discrepancies in the numbers and that this may be a fraud issue (just my luck at this point). I would like to say a HUGE thank you to the Shoppers Drug Mart staff because they truly showed me that the customer matters at Shoppers Drug Mart and customer care is #1.

Bravo to these two individuals that took horrible situations and through their considerable efforts resolved the issues to my satisfaction. They have assured my families continued patronage. I would like to take a moment and say that I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy one of those cards again as long as I live and they WILL be receiving scathing reviews everywhere I can post them and across social media with my story. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Now hit share and save someone else a HUGE headache.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I got a Reloadable Vanilla debit MasterCard card at my dollar store. I looked at it and it says nowhere that I had to be to buy it or anything. So I put the $120 without anything wrong. The cashier did not say anything about it either. She did not say anything about being 18 to buy it or use it. So I go online to register it and it says my birthday and I place it in. Then under it it said that I needed my Social Security. Now I’m thinking something off. And then it says you got to be 18. Now they locked my card with my 120$. Not theirs. Mine.

And now I got to go through a whole lot of garbage because my brother trying to help me also made it more harder. Now I have to get my brother who works mornings to get here and help figure it out. (DO NOT BUY THIS CARD.) It’s a scam for them to take underage people's money. Never buying from MyVanilla again. Get a card from your bank if you want a card. Because these people are (SCAMMERS)! I’m very disappointed and displeased because these people gave me and will give you lots of trouble with one card.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I bought one of these cards to pay bills with. It took about two weeks for the permanent card to come in the mail. When I try to log in to their website, it tells me I have the wrong password, which is ridiculous. I gave my password twice when speaking with a rep to activate my temporary card. I read the fees not listed on the package before I purchased the card. Who knew there would be a fee of 50 cents each time you use it, and a dormancy fee if you don't use it for 90 days! It also stated it was free to do a balance inquiry online to keep the dormancy fee from applying to your account. Well I can't log in to my online account because it says my password is incorrect! Hmmm... seems shady to me. I will not be using this card and will try to cancel it... I think I will have a hard time about it however. Green Dot Money Card is awesome! DONT BUY THIS CARD!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Someone give me a $50 dollars card, same day was activated there were two transactions for 25 dollars, I didn't, they told me to start a process by around 6 month, don't spend your money in this kind of cards. Somebody wants to give "you!" Not a big company, some presents, so better cash. Good luck and tell all your friends don't buy Vanilla gift card.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My son bought me a £25 gift card last year. It has an expiry date of 2021, I therefore didn’t think that there was any rush to spend it. He bought me another one this year for £25. Now, there is an upfront fee of £2.95, which we thought was OK for the service and as I now had two of these cards, I thought I would spend them. I had two purchases in excess of £18, so I put them on the two separate cards. Last year’s card was refused. I checked their website and found that they take your money, £2 a month, if you have not spent it after the first seven months. Apparently I had £15 left on this card. I therefore ask, how can it possibly have an expiry date of 2021, this is an absolute lie, as it would notionally expire this year!

Original review: March 11, 2018

My Vanilla is one of the worst prepaid visa card I ever had. I had a credit come back to my card from another card for $109. And they stopped letting me use my card until I faxed them a copy of the reset and I sent it to them 3 times. They cost me problems because I had auto bill pay and they declined my card. They say they are protecting me but I felt like they are the ones trying to steal from me. I went with this card because Rachael Ray promotes it but it is the worst card I ever used. Going back to Green Dot. It the best prepaid card!!!

Original review: March 2, 2018

Got cards as a gift. Exp date 2020. Had balances on both cards. Went to use them and Vanilla Visa charged me $2.50 a month until depleted. Wow thank you Vanilla for taking my money! Wish I had saw all the bad reviews. Dont buy it!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Bought this card for my daughter and put $400 on it. It’s a prepaid card and in order to register it and use it we had to give all our personal information to them. Then was told that if we didn’t disclose all our information that the card wouldn’t be able to be used. And when I told them I would rather go get a refund and buy a different card I was told that I wouldn’t be allowed to. That I would have to wait on the company itself to send me a refund check in 7-10 days. Are you even serious?! This card is a total ripoff and customer service is no help at all. DO NOT BUY THIS CARD!!! This is a complete scam! I’m wishing there was a zero stars so I can pick that one!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I received a Vanilla Visa Gift Card for my birthday, 11/2017. I did not open the card until 2/2018. I attempted to use the card for a store purchase. The purchase was denied. I then attempted to use the card for an online purchase. The card was denied. Then I started my research. Why so many Vanilla Sky websites? Used a different website which gave directions on how to access Vanilla Sky and set up an account and pin number. Finally got an account set up and immediately checked "balance." This indicated that I had "0" funds left on a $50.00 gift card and even gave the stores, dates, purchases and purchase amounts. How is it possible to have a Vanilla Visa Gift Card which is tightly sealed in its packaging, brand new, and yet all the funds on the card were already used??

When I telephoned the phone number printed on the back of the card and explained the situation to the customer service representative, she said she was sorry and did not know how that could happen. I could file a dispute. In anger I hung up. Further research let me to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs. BBB had something like 586 negative reviews - most with the same story as mine. Yet BBB gave Vanilla Sky an A+ rating. Then I investigated InComm which is how I ended up on Consumer Affairs. After a few days I called again customer service for Vanilla Sky, deciding to start a dispute about the card. I am still waiting, after a week, for the paperwork. Some research into InComm showed that there was an issue with Vanilla Sky visa cards - cards currency had already been used when the gifted card holder had never used the card. I would like to find a solution to this issue.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I made a purchase on a disposable Visa gift card. When I went to use the card, the first purchase went through. The second purchase I made went through, but then overdrafted my account 32.65... which locked me out of my Apple account. I went ahead and made the purchase to reactivate my Apple account. I have been closely working with an Apple representative to get my refund back. I called in a month ago... and the supervisor I spoke to told me that there was nothing on their end. Let alone the customer service is atrocious... half the time they don’t know what they are doing or try and control the situation saying they could do what supervisors do.

So I made a ticket number 2 days ago... so that’s the only one that they were able to reference. I find it hard to believe that once their information is updated with prospective clients, that they would remove such information. As well as not having phone records or notes... to indicate that you have called in. (If there was a legal problem, they would have that information). I did everything I could to get my refund back... they instructed me to go back to CVS to track down a cash purchase. Where the place I go, nobody wants to do their job and are too busy to care about your concerns. As well as Visa Vanilla gift cards.

I just got done telling them, I went through the vendor, through the App Store now them... then they tell me to contact the vendor again... thus creating another string of hoops to go through to get my 32.65 back. But they’d love to give me a purchase, but don’t have records of me calling in. When I called a month ago, I left my name, address and phone number, zip code... and the purchase must be made through Apple. I was overdrafted by Visa. They are the financial institute that handles the money in the card for purchasing. So they are the one that overdrafted me, told me to pay the required amount to access my Apple account and finally I was credit for the mishap. Now they have no records of me calling... time frame of this happening in a month span time. So that is 32.65 I will never see again. Visa won and now has my money. Bunch of thieves.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

As of Friday February 9, 2017 my replacement cards has not been activated. Each day I call I am told the problem has been escalated and the card will work in 24 hours. Today is Thursday February the 15th. The card is still not activated. I requested a refund TODAY of the 347.00 on my Visa gift card and I was denied. I was informed I cannot receive a refund UNTIL it shows that the compliance team is not able or has tried to activate the replacement card. FYI: I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on Incomm. (770) 240-6100. 25 years in business. 250 Williams St NW Fl 5 Atlanta, GA 30303-1032.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

This card was given to me for my birthday by my friends. 250 CAD$. The card was lost. It was never activated as I called the card company to advise them. They confirmed me that the balance is intact as no one activated the card. That was in October 2017. We are now in February 2018 and I have still not received my card. They are so messed up, unprofessional, they have high level of bad management. No communication between operation and customer service as they only communicate via e-mails internally. The information that is given to you is never accurate. NEVER AGAIN. It's unbelievable.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

A $50.00 prepaid card was given to me as a Christmas gift. These cards do not have a pin number. 2 months later when I tried to use it for the first time at a CVS Store it was refused. I tried using it as a gift or credit card with the same result. DO NOT purchase these cards for anyone and should be banned as they are a scam.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Visa gift cards are great because you can use them just about anywhere (except online... Amazon for etc). They won't accept it. However; the biggest issue is the service fees they charge. I was aware of them. No service fees for the 1st year once the card is activated. What they don't tell you is the card is activated once it is purchase, not the first time you use it. So after one year of activation, they will charge you $3.00/mo for service fees whether you use the card or not. They also charge a fee for when you buy the card. The fee depends on how much the card is worth. Like a normal Visa, there is also an expiry date. I would steer anyone from buying the Visa or MasterCard as gift cards. I'm sure they have similar policies. Instead buy gift cards for the retail stores you plan to spend it. I would suspect most of those don't have the same conditions where they penalize you for not spending the card quickly or right away. Good luck.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My dad doesn't deal with banks but he needed a visa card to pay a bill so he bought OneVanilla. He tried to pay over the phone for the bill but was told the card wasn't fully activated till he submitted verified his zip code. I went to their website to see if I can do it online but there was no button to edit his zip code. I then called the number on the back of the card to do it over the phone. The representative then told me they don't accept my card. Which I responded, "That is weird because it is your card, I just need to add the zip code." She then told me she'll transfer me to another person who can help with the zip code only for her to hang up on me.

After doing this 2 times with them hanging up on me I decided to call again but ask for the supervisor. The third time I called however only had an option to accept $100 or hang up. The whole thing was really bizarre as it was the same number I was calling. I redialed the number several times with the same thing "accept $100 by pressing 1 or hang up". After not being able to talk to someone I ended up pressing 1. I was transferred to another representative which I quickly asked for the supervisor. I got a supervisor named Monica but when I explained the situation guess what? SHE HUNG UP ON ME. Now every time I call back I get a busy signal. My dad is going to try to return the card but One Vanilla are absolute frauds. You can't even use their cards and no one can help. Reading these reviews makes me mad. How is this a business that is in a lot of stores. Walmart needs to take them off the shelves.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Received a card for $100 for my birthday. Went to use the card online and the transaction was declined. Went to use the money in the store and told it declined. I called the worthless customer service department and told too bad there is a zero balance and they can't help me... SCAM... THIEFS... CHEATS... Do not buy, do not trust them!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

So I bought this card from my local Wal-Mart after reading the back of the card. Seeing as there is no monthly fees, I purchased it and put my entire paycheck on it except $20. I only bought a prepaid card to use till I'm able to have direct deposits. Considering I work night shift, I'm not up at 9 am-4 pm to deposit it into my bank account. I go online to register, the system says the pin I entered was wrong when they didn't even ask for a PIN. So I called them to set it up. The woman on the phone couldn't hear a thing I was saying. She blamed my accent for this which I found slightly rude of her to make it seem as though it was my fault that she couldn't hear. I get off of work and go to put gas in my truck, the cashier (whom I knew) said that the card had been reported stolen. Strike 1.

Next night I call back & I get a hold of a man whom mixed his English with another language so I just apologized to him for not understanding and asked if I could speak to somebody else. He said yes and put me on hold for about 10 minutes, no waiting music or ringing or anything. Just silence, then hung up on me. I tried to call back and which this time it asked me to enter a PIN. Obviously I typed the last 4 digits on the card and it rejected it multiple times. Their website doesn't provide an email so other than writing a letter, there was no way for me to get in contact with them about the card. So about a week later I had my friend go buy the exact same card and I had to use her card number to bypass the PIN option to talk to another person. Turns out the first woman never even registered my card so when I swiped it, it was reported stolen.

The woman that helped activate my card suggested that I listen to the rules of the card, there is no monthly fee correct but only while you're using the card that came from the package not once you get the personalized one & there is a fee every 90 days, plus $4.50 to pull the money off the card, & 3.50 for every purchase. Then if you use the cash back option at a cash register it will charge you a whopping $8.00. You can't get the money off until you receive a personalized card in the mail as well. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CARD.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Disabled son got 25 dollar gift card from Grandma for his birthday and gave to him on 1/3/18. She used her social to setup in store. It locked up first try. Had to send in tons of crap to keep hearing the same thing. Call back within 24 to 48 hours. It is now the 17th and was told to call back in 48 hours to activate card.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Customer service lied, called customer service 9 times. Each customer serv rep lied to us. Lied to a total of 9 times as to cause of issues with card. Was told by one csr that she had to let us go, we were using too much of her talk time. Other csr supervisor told us his boss would call us in one hour. No callback. Called back to find out there was no higher supervisors. Lied too more. After telling another supervisor the discontent we were feeling, he told us we couldnt even ask about the reason the cards could not be used because they were gifted to us by our parents as Christmas presents. One problem was the fact that the cards had an exp date of 6/26. The system showed my exact same card having a 2027 exp date on file with the company. Csr said that the ccv numbers were not the same in the systems as what's on the card. No one could help us make our purchase.

Told us that they were not liable for any problems with the card, customer service reps or the humiliation we went through at the store trying to use 3 different Vanilla cards. Each having a value of 100$ each. Csr's and supervisors took no responsibility for any issues we were having. Not the card, not the humiliation at the store, not the lies or poor rapport of the customer service representatives. We were told new lies every time we called customer service, forcing my husband and I to keep calling back to figure out what was wrong with our cards. We were even told that the cards didnt work because they were purchased with a check!!! Everyone knows that you can't buy gift cards with a check. It's cash or debit only. My parents only have debit cards and cash. They dont use checks. No csr/supervisor ever figured out what happened. No refund or compensation given. We now have 3 - 100$ Vanilla cards that we cannot use.

They will not issue us new cards or a refund check. We were told that my parents had to call them about the cards. This is after 3 hours of back to back calls trying to figure out why we couldnt use them. We were told not to call back. I'm sorry but if my parents give me a gift card, and I activate the card through customer service, it's MY CARD!!! Customer service was told over and over that the cards were gifted to me and my family as Christmas presents. Poor if not the worst customer service I have ever come in contact with. I will try to prevent anyone from ever buying a Vanilla card. No csr ever started a ticket for us. Even after speaking with 11 people between 9 csr reps, 2 supervisors in the 9 calls made to the company within a 3 hour period. I called customer service number 800-680-5941.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I purchased two $100.00 Gift Cards as gifts for my son and his girlfriend. I went online to confirm the balance on each. I had some trouble with the website and had to try 2x to confirm one of them. I threw away the store receipt after confirming the balances. This was at the end of November. The 2nd week in December I mailed a package to my son with gifts that included the gift cards. He opened the package shortly before Christmas and discovered that his card had a zero balance. I immediately called Vanilla customer service after my son texted me a pic of the card. They tell me that the 100 dollar balance was donated to The Lost Boys nonprofit on 12/5 located in Seattle Washington. I just received a denial for my dispute advising me to file a claim with the delivery carrier. The money was stolen before it was even mailed. I chose this card because there were no fees. NEVER AGAIN!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have been a customer for the last couple months. I try to do a dispute of some charges and no one is communicating about if I'm getting approved or if I'm getting denied for my disputes. The customer service representatives are very rude. Most of them seem like they are from another country but the ones that are from the US or seem like they are sometimes be helpful but everyone else that you talk to are very rude and they don't have any sympathy for what you're going through. They tell you that they're going to call you back send that information. They hang up on you when they place you on hold and I yet still have not received any mail in email or physical mail. Some of the supervisors are very rude as well. I will never ever in my life recommend my Vanilla to anyone. They do not listen to you. They cut you off. I'm very unhappy. I've never felt this way about a card company ever in my life. I will no longer be using them for anything.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Although having some wait time, the representatives are very respectful and fulfill your needs with as little trouble as possible and give you the best possible result for your specific needs at that time.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

When I started using it I had no issue but immediately after reloading the card it wouldn't allow me to purchase anything through Google Play, DraftKings or other purchases. I choose this card because the fees were the best. I thought from the options I had put upon calling them tonight I was told I had to wait 1-2 hours before speaking to a representative, on top of that the website wont allow me in, just makes me type that crap that's hard to see over and over, and the android app wont work either... I have no way to view my balance. The card is registered with Google Play, DraftKings and activated by Vanilla. It's not right!!! Did they take my money or they or I get scammed. I don't know. It was 25 bucks but I'm not rich and I enjoy the little things. No bank account nor a PayPal account either... NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I purchased 5+ Vanilla Visa Gift Cards for my friends as Christmas gifts. As far as I know, three of the five have been activated and used. No problem there. However, since I purchased too many cards, I decided to used the remainder for myself. I attempted to used one of the gift cards valued at $100 to which it was denied twice in the same transaction. This is when I learned that you must activate the card before use. Why buy a sealed gift card to which supposedly no one else can access just to activate it? If it's sealed it should be ready for use upon breaking the packaging. I tried to call and activate the card with the number on the card would not go through their automated system. I had to speak with customer service.

The phone call went like this. I called, told them I could not activate the card, they told me they did not have record of that card number and to send (e-mail) them all documentation related to that purchase (copy of receipt, ID and the gift card front and back). After doing all that, I received an e-mail telling me that I also needed to get a copy of ALL the gift cards I brought within that transaction and an electronic journal from the store location.

The store will not give me an electronic journal because I have a receipt. They are gift cards to which I have distributed as gifts!! I no longer have access to these items. So now I await for hopefully a refund of my money spent on this gift card. My advice to anyone purchasing or wanting to purchase a Vanilla Visa/MasterCard Gift Card - Don't do it!! Just don't do it!! You are better off purchasing a store gift card or some other gift card like America Express where it's guaranteed. I WILL NEVER EVER SPEND MY MONEY ON VANILLA ANYTHING!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My mother, who lives in another state, gave one of these cards to my daughter for a Christmas present. Today we went shopping only to find out that this card was not activated and there was no money on it. I called customer service to find out what I needed to do to get it activated and they told me that I'd need the receipt to get it activated. I told them that since it was a gift I did not have a receipt. They told me there was nothing they could do without it. So now, my mother has given Walmart and this company money and we have absolutely nothing to show for it. I would recommend not giving these as gifts in case something like this should happen to you. If I could give less than one star I would. Very unhappy.

Vanilla Prepaid Cards Company Information