Looking for a prepaid debit card?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.02/5

695 Vanilla Prepaid Cards Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Was given a gift card. Called customer service to report a fraudulent charge made less than 48 hours ago. They offered zero help. I can file a report if I have the receipt of purchase obtained by asking the person who gave me the gift if they saved it. Yeah, right. Skip the gift cards, give cash. It's safer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My daughter had one of these gift cards purchased for her as a high school graduation gift that was worth 50 dollars. The card was not activated when it was purchased and I was unable to use it. When I called customer service and asked them to activate it, I was informed they would not be able to and they would not even be able to research what happened without a receipt. I explained that it was a gift and I did not have the receipt nor did I even know who gave her the card. They did not care. I spoke with a Camille, then her boss, Maria, then her boss Ben. I am very upset that someone has spent their money on this gift card and now my daughter is unable to use it. I recommend to never buy one of these gift cards. They are absolutely worthless. Their customer service is even worse and a joke.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Debit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Fraudulent charges totalling $218 placed on my Vanilla Gift card in one day all while the card is in my possession so either Vanilla was hacked or this is an inside job. Either case, the best I get from them is an answer in 90 days (3 months) from today. Never purchase a Vanilla gift card if you want to protect your money.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Will never purchase a Vanilla prepaid card again. So many stores and websites that you cannot order from. Employees are just like "Oh, well! We can file a claim but that could take 10+ days and then you don't even get the activation amount. I wasn't even going to rate this experience but I just now tried to use it again on Amazon and it won't accept it, it didn't work on Chewy.com, PetSmart online and in store. So sad that my funds are locked up. This should actually be a Zero rating. 0000000.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I purchased two gift cards and was declined right away. Call Company several times, tell everybody they SCAM. It will take up to 90 days to investigate when they never activate the cards and steal people money. InComm sell Vanilla gift cards. They use them before you get to activate them, or never put the money on them cards. This is FRAUD. Biggest gift card company and they are located in Atlanta, Georgia. This has got to stop. They are SCAMMING people in every state and in Canada. Please report this to BBB under the name of InComm in Atlanta, Georgia.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vanilla Prepaid Cards?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Yesterday Morning 8-10-19 from 00:25 to 01:45 in 1hr and 15-Minutes my vanilla PrePaid Card was Hit 8-times for $682 from a Company called Chumi.co from Ontario, Canada, I Never Heard or done Business with them, I Wore a Badge for a few Years. This whole thing looks Suspicious to me. Their 1st Mistake was the early Morning time, I Never do Business with anyone so early.

Their 2nd Mistake was using a Company I never Heard of or ever Used. From Experience this looks like an inside Job. Since Hundreds of People have become Victims it's obvious they steal and blame others or work with another Person or Persons. InComm is based in Atlanta, GA. They own the Vanilla gift cards and the My Vanilla Prepaid Cards and American Express Cards. You See how the GAME is Played? Fill out a dispute form then send it back to us and wait 45-90 Days to hear from us. Many won´t see this as it is But others like me Know the Evidence Speaks for it Self????

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

I recently purchased a prepaid $20 and it did not work. Called customer service and they said they could not issue me any credit. How could this be legal. Do not buy!! Awful customer service!! Quebec, CANADA. JOSEPH **.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I purchased the card at a 7-Eleven and loaded $295.00. It came in a box so no one got the numbers. Within 4 days, two purchases were made $70.00 through Square merchant and a $50.00 charge for a CVS gift card that I am 100% positive I never made. Filled out a packet and am waiting for a response thieves. NEVER USE.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

It's not good experience, selling this card overseas. I am in Australia, good to be used once. After I received a refund payment from Amazon, the card got blocked, and money is gone. Never use it again, can not be trusted.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This is the WORST company ever!! I purchase the prepaid card at CVS and loaded the money on it so I could make my car payment only to try and register it and be told I need to call customer service. They then told me I needed to send in proof of identity, purchase and address. I did all this on July 31st now August 6th and they finally said it is active after several calls. Once I got off the phone I tried using it and it was in fact not active so I had to call back again to have it activated again cause the first rep did not complete the steps. Once I was done with that I tried again only to be told I can not use this card for what I needed. The reps where very rude and all they could say was I am sorry ma'am. So now I have the money to make the payment but still can not do it. This is the worst card company ever!!!!

Vanilla Prepaid Cards Company Information