Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hello George,

We appreciate your feedback! We truly value our cardholders and aim to provide the maximum customer experience. Your positive feedback also helps us to recognize the work that we are doing well.

Original review: July 4, 2017

I’ve been with netSpend for seven years. I initially contacted NetSpend for convenience and direct deposit. I use the direct deposit option often because of the fees they charge. I'm on NetSpend Premier and they only charge me $5 a month flat rate for unlimited use. Still, if I need to reload my card, I can go to a 7-11 where they charge a fee. Alternatively, I can also go to Ace Check Cashing and reload there.

Netspend sends me a text message for every transaction I make which helps me keep track of what I spend. Furthermore, I've been able to use my card to pay bills and make online purchases. However, I was hacked one time. The hacker got a hold of my password and made a purchase in another country. NetSpend jumped on it. And so, I got all my money back with very little problem. But because NetSpend outsources, you have a bit of a problem speaking to somebody who works there. Nevertheless, I don't anticipate changing NetSpend. It is going to be my primary bank.

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback! We are excited to hear that you are very happy with our services. Your positive feedback also helps us to recognize the work that we are doing well.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Netspend is convenient for the app on my phone and it’s compatible with my phone and my computer. It’s also the same thing as a traditional physical bank account. I use it for online purchases but not to pay my bills. It offers bills payment only if you go to the individual account that you want to pay and put it in your NetSpend information, whereas I would like it if you could pay bills from the actual NetSpend account and then put in the bills that you want to pay. But when I call or go to the automation, it’s been positive each time.

Hello Lori,

Thank you for the 4 star rating! We are excited to hear that you are very happy with our services.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I love my Netspend card. I've had it for over 2 yrs but I have never been able to access my account online. Website won't accept my password or the one that is emailed to me. What can be done to fix this? Other than that, I recommend it to everyone! My son & my husband also have one. We wouldn't have anything else!

They over charge on fees. They are not respectful to customers. When you ask to speak to a supervisor for the way they treat you and they don't transfer the call. I'm just not satisfied. I'm sure I will be cancelling my accounts with them. One last thing, I called and put a block on a card that got stolen. Well money went on that card and when I called I was very disrespected and I was talked to like I was stupid when I knew what I was talking about. And they tried charging me 18.00 dollars for fees when I wasn't even using that card.

Hello Patric,

Thank you for your feedback! We are excited to hear that you are very happy with our card. We strive to create features and tools that will benefit our valued customers. Your positive feedback also helps us to recognize the work that we are doing well.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have been using NetSpend since they were in the Exxon gas stations in Austin where I was living at the time. I had to go into there to get the card itself and to reload it. When the reloadables were very first coming out, it was a cool idea that I could take and have the card. I wouldn’t have to worry about putting my credit card out on the internet and that’s initially what drove me to it. Also, their service is just very matured and even today, it’s still my primary account.

They do the direct deposit faster than my regular bank does and I've moved all my direct deposits to it. Also, whenever I get paid and pay for checks or cash or use money, I’d go over to Walmart and load it. I live out the boonies out here in Troup and there is our Bouchard’s grocery store who has Western Union services. If I don’t feel like going all the way up into Tyler, I could go up into Troup and then do it there. There has only been one bill that I wanted to try paying but they would not take my card because it was NetSpend. But every other thing I’ve ever tried to pay for go through just fine.

There’s also only been twice I’ve had to call NetSpend for issues and they resolved them quickly both times. And I’ve only had one issue where somebody got into the account, messing around with it and they immediately fixed that for me. It's been a very pleasant experience and I’ve very much enjoyed the card. I’ve referred a couple of friends over to it 'cause I enjoy it so much and found it easier to use than any of the other products out there.

Hello Sheila,

We appreciate your feedback! We truly value our cardholder's and aim to provide the maximum customer experience. Your positive feedback also helps us to recognize the work that we are doing well.

Original review: July 12, 2017

NetSpend gives me benefits like getting paid earlier, which I like most about it. And I shop a lot online and using their card to pay is easy. The customer service is good also, and every time I call when I have an issue, they help me well. I use the direct deposit too and it's very good and I have also used reload locations a couple of times. I can check the locations in their online app. Overall, NetSpend is good.

I've been a NetSpend customer for years. I've called a couple times to have NetSpend remove some holds put on my card, usually from hotels. Apparently, this last time I got them to remove a very high hold a hotel put on my card, was the last NetSpend would have with me. A couple days after I got NetSpend to release a hold of over $100, I got a text from NetSpend saying something was up with my account.

After two phone calls and a lot of waiting on the line, a not so informed rep tells me I requested to have my account closed. I informed her that was not the case. She responds that the only thing she knows is my account has been closed a check sent to me of my remaining balance. This was on Monday. Today, Friday, I called again to inquire about my pending transactions that are holds to be released. NetSpend says they will mail me more checks. What's the deal? Screw 'em. Their fees are high and plentiful. No need to not use someone else.

Netspend

Hello Barbara, We regret to hear that you purchased our card in error, thinking it was a gift card. The Netspend card purchased is a reloadable, prepaid debit card and not a gift card. This type of product is intended for individuals who wish to have access to an electronic form of payment, but would like an alternative to a traditional bank account. We understand that because she was given the card as a gift she may not have seen the original card package which states “This is not a gift card” on the front of the package Please contact us at social@netspend.com and we will give you access to your funds. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Netspend

Original review: July 7, 2017

I bought a gift card as a Christmas Gift for someone overseas. She had a very hard time activating it, she wrote a letter and made numerous phone calls to no avail. Finally, she sent the gift card back to us since she could not use it. I then tried numerous times to either activate or get refunded for the gift card. We were send to numerous people and put on very long hold times. I am writing this as I am currently on hold for a supervisor for 29 minutes. I am not sure what else to do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Netspend?

Hello Tray,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear about the trouble your having with your direct deposit. In order to better assist you we ask that you contact us at social@netspend.com.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I received an email stating that I had a pending direct deposit and that my account was blocked. I was told to call the number on the back of my card. I followed the instructions as given. When I called I was asked for my account number. When I gave my account number I was told that I gave the wrong number. This of course confused me because I gave the routing and bank number that Netspend sent me. I told the Customer Service Agent this and then I was disconnected from the call when I asked what do I need to do in order to get my money. I called back again, explained my situation and was told that I gave my company the wrong direct deposit information. I told the agent that I gave the company the information that Netspend gave me.

Needless to say I am not very happy about this situation. Like most people I live paycheck to paycheck. I signed up for this service because I thought it would beneficial to me and it has caused me headache, frustration and stress. I was told my check would be returned in six business days. When I heard this I got sick to my stomach. I cannot wait that long to pay my bills. I get paid on Friday and my bills are due on Monday. So now I have to suffer because of a mistake they made. I contacted them by email because they would not transfer my call to a supervisor or manager and I still have not heard anything. I will not use this service again and nor will I suggest it to anyone.

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear you have concerns with your fee schedule. We offer different fee schedule options please feel free to contact us at social@netspend.com, so that we may review your options.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Both my partner and I were Netspend customers until we logged in online to review transactions. Both of us had requested to be on the monthly fee plan as opposed to per transaction. Unfortunately even after multiple calls to customer service we were always charged per transaction. Finally an ultimatum was delivered. Monthly plan or we go. So we are no longer Netspend customers. ** customer service.

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear about the issues you experienced with your dispute claim. Please contact us at social@netspend.com, so that we may assist you further.

Original review: July 5, 2017

On June 29, I attempted to withdraw $300 from an ATM. The funds were debited, but not dispensed. After contacting the bank and filing the dispute with Netspend, the bank stated this was a bank-wide ATM failure and happened to several people on June 29. I only needed to have Netspend send a charge-back request. Netspend said they sent that on 6/29. Several days later, I contacted the bank again. They said that if I could get the FAX number that the charge-back request was sent to that they could track it down so that it could be dealt with or they could give me a status.

I have been on the phone with Netspend customer service for over 2 hours trying to get this information and no one can give it to me! I do not understand why it would take this long since America First has already admitted it was their ATM failure. They cannot give me a fax number that they supposedly faxed the dispute to because there is not a way to TALK to the Dispute Department.

Hello Tania,

Original review: July 5, 2017

I went into a Check Cashing Place in Pennsylvania and wanted a bank account but I thought having a bank account would charge me fees if I don’t make the deposit on time. So, I was looking on the wall and I saw NetSpend card. I was told it’s a prepaid debit card that I can simply load money up if I'd like to use it and it was $10. I got one and I've been with them ever since.

I am more cautious about what's on the card. It makes me aware what I cannot spend since I don't have enough to cover it. Recently, I've been overdrawing it but I've been keeping up pretty good. I also have a recurring bill that comes out of the card every month on the 13th so it's convenient for me to pay the bill. Also, my son is turning 14 and I’m about to get him a card which I will load up money on. I'll make him start to be aware of his money, knowing that if he doesn't have it, he can't spend it. NetSpend should have a "teen account" or something for teenagers.

I used to drive around town and try to find a place to reload but I just found out that I could reload and unload the card at Walmart which is a better option since everybody can get to a Walmart and I work there, too. In addition, their customer service people are always pleasant to deal with. I've had a great experience using NetSpend.

Hello Jon,

Thank you for the 5 star rating! We are excited to hear that you are very happy with our services. We truly value our cardholder's and aim to provide the maximum customer experience.

Original review: July 3, 2017

A different card was not fulfilling my needs at the time and NetSpend offered a better program than they did so I switched. And NetSpend was able to help budget my money. Plus, they can do online deposits now and that’s a good feature. I used to get a reload card and reload, but now that I’m able to do the online deposit, I don’t have to. I can reload right from my house. I do everything through NetSpend and it’s very convenient. Unless the website or if my internet’s down, then it’s a hassle. Otherwise, it’s very beautiful.

One time, NetSpend blocked my card until I called and they told me it was because of a suspicious purchase that didn't make sense and it wasn’t in tune with my regular routine. They didn’t have to charge them but the rep had to evaluate the card and he said it’ll go away after a bit. I’m glad they were able to catch that and I try to avoid them now. Also, they investigated a purchase that I didn’t remember, and it turned out that it was mine. I remembered the date and they didn’t go any further with it. I have a lot of illness, so it's a very helpful tool for me. It's a great card and they're doing a great job.

Hello Noah,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear that you are having concerns with providing sensitive identification documents. The security of your money and your identity is important to us. We want to assure you that your documents are handled with the utmost security.

We are required to verify each customer's name, address, ID number and date of birth. If we are unable to verify your information through those databases, it’s not a problem. We can still manually validate your identification to activate your card.

If you wish not to provide the requested documents, Limited Use is an account option that is offered.

We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please feel free to contact us at social@netspend.com.

Original review: July 2, 2017

Will never use this service again. The amount of information needed to activate a card is the overall problem. 1st and foremost problem being the strikingly odd questions that I was asked. The strangest being "which of these people do I know." I answered this question wrong because it turned out that the right answer was my uncle's ex-wife who divorced before I was even born. There was no way in the world I would be able to answer that. In the case that those questions are answered wrong, I was then prompted to take pictures of my social security card and other very personal documents. Sending to a company that should and does not need to know this information about me for the sake of a $100 card uploaded by a check cashing company. In the end I refused to upload the documents and was forced to put the card to limited use (only able to use in store, not online or at an ATM) or else my money was gone.

Hello Tiwiania,

Original review: June 30, 2017

Before today, I would have given Netspend 2 stars. However, I had a situation that took place and my customer service representative "Jane" job was completed. However, Jane was patient and concerned which I thought was sincerely from her heart. Jane stayed on the line with me over 45 minutes helping me resolve a situation without rushing or having an attitude with me. She was so caring and patient!!! Because of Jane, awesome customer service I will give Netspend a 10 star if possible.

I been with Netspend Since 2012. They closed my account without notifying me. I had 4 Direct deposits going into my account when they closed it. They tied up all the money I had for an incident that did not involve me... When I called I got hung up on Transferred from person to person. I didn't yell or curse at anyone. I remained very professional. When the call was over they had closed my account and the 1300.00 I did have in my account they would not give me access to it. Told me they would mail me a check.

My advice to Netspend Card Holders do not put all of your eggs in one basket when it comes to Netspend. They are very unprofessional and do not care about you and your family when they lock up your money. Try Achieve Card. They are better than Netspend. When I talked to a supervisor they were the Rudest people I ever talked to. I just thank god I had Achieve card to back me up and save me when I had no money... Get your money out of Netspend and try Achieve card. You will still get your checks 2 days earlier and it even comes at 9 pm instead of 11 pm...

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A family friend stole my card while I was out of the country and racked up a ton of unauthorized purchases. I had her arrested. I disputed the transactions and not only did Netspend deny my claim, they insinuated that I made the purchases myself. I've sent the arrest record, the court docket, etc.- I never received one phone call. They said because she went to stores I'd been to in the past there was not fraud? Meanwhile someone is in jail and may be let go because the people I trust with my money have blamed ME. She got caught with the cards in her possession and some of the things she bought. I am contacting the Attorneys General Office!

I've been with Netspend for three years and I don't like that they charge $5 a month for something that I don't know what it is really for. And I also don't like it when the ATM charges you a fee and then they turn around and charge you another fee. I've always had direct deposit and I've done the reload once. I've used the card to pay bills and make purchases online. And I don't like that when you get gas and you use your card and use only $10, they automatically take $75 out and then they put it back in. And you might need to purchase but you gotta wait until they put it back on your card. With that, I don't use my card for gas. It doesn't take them long to put the money back on it but when it first happened to me, I panicked.

I'm very satisfied with my experience with NetSpend. I know a lot of people that don't have NetSpend and I try to get them to get one. There's a lot of check cashing places that have the card and they can go there or they can get one mailed to them. I had seen NetSpend on TV and I just called and I wound up getting my card through the mail.

Hello Jennifer,

Original review: June 28, 2017

I’m disabled and I don’t drive, so having NetSpend was easier and convenient for paying my bills from my home and I even pay my rent that way. I use it for direct deposits, which I’ve had for five years. I always had great experiences with them. I've had a couple of downfalls but as far as it goes, I've had more good. There have been times where someone went in to get money from my account and they let them but the money didn’t get there so it charged me. I called NetSpend about it and they fixed it. My experiences with NetSpend were greater than anything, even with the bank I had before. I have recommended them.

Hello Kaedee,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your experience with Customer Care. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by our Customer Service, and will be sure to further research the service that you experienced. Your feedback is important to us as they help identify where we need to improve.

When you contact Customer Care in regards to unauthorized activity the card used to complete the charge is blocked for security purposes. If you are filing a claim in regards to a billing discrepancy or overcharge the card is not blocked. Again we sincerely apologize for the miscommunication between you and Customer Care. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to contact us at social@netspend.com.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have a PayPal card and it’s ran through NetSpend. I have my check direct deposited to NetSpend because I get it two days early and that's what I only use it for. It's just like using any other card. I will not recommend it because I had an issue where I disputed a charge and the guy cancelled my card without telling me. They wouldn't transfer it to PayPal which they're supposed to be able to do. They put a lock on it because of "fraud". But it was a charge dispute, it wasn't fraudulent. There was a charge where our company ran my card and they were supposed to refund it and didn't. So, I had to call it in to PayPal as a dispute on a charge. They will investigate and credit you after they analyze everything. And so I thought that's what was going to happen.

When I got my paycheck, I didn't have any access to it. I called and asked what was going on since I need access to my funds. I told them I locked my card but the guy said it was reported lost or stolen because of the fraudulent charge. I told them it was a billing error, nothing fraudulent and I have my card. They said that once it’s done, it can't be reversed and they are mailing in another card and to wait five to seven business days. But I need to pay rent, get gas and pull-ups. I'm a single mom. I want to get paid and I have money in this account I don't have access to. The whole point is to get money early. And so, I wait for five days for the card and it never shows up. The guy didn't pay attention to my address change and put in some random crazy address. It took three and a half weeks to get my replacement card and that put a sour taste in my mouth.

I have it now and I have it deposited and directly transferred because I don't trust them to hold on to it anymore. I didn't know you could cancel someone's card without them knowing. If the guy had told me that, I would've been semi prepared and told him it’s not lost. But to cancel it out and I go to get gas one day and I can't, that was a bad experience. I escalated him and it didn't go anywhere. I'm still using the card but I don't want my money sent there anymore. You can’t beat getting the checks two days earlier but I don't like that there's no other option. The only back option that I really had was to transfer the funds out of that account into my PayPal account. And then put money to a friend or someone who could have gotten the money and put it in the checking account as the worst case scenario. But because they marked it as fraud, I couldn't even do that. So I had no access to my own money. I didn't like that and I wasn't satisfied at all.

The whole point in having money is that you control what you do with it. And for the checking account, that should be illegal. There should be a secondary option to get your money if something happens to your card. One guy said that if I get the temporary one that you buy in-store, they could activate that card on to your account. Someone did that and then I called to activate it and they said they don’t do that. It was a mess. I needed help to fix this and it wasn't even my fault. That was a big ordeal. Nothing came out of it and I ended up getting my card. The amazing thing is that I had two checks sent, one completely got paid for two days after I got my card. That's the silver lining.

I have had a Netspend debit card associated with a major supermarket chain in Texas. I got the card primarily to make online purchases. The reason that I got it was about two years ago, I was using my laptop at McD's on their official Wi-Fi. I got hacked with a ransomware scam. I had to change my primary credit card promptly after cancelling it, in case some pirate was going to use my ID info to plunder my account. I got the Netspend card with the intent of putting about $600/month to cover possible online purchases and a few routine things. I moved to Bloomington about 3/4 year ago. Here are my problems:

1) Netspend never picked up my "billing address" with the new zip code. Several purchases were cancelled because Netspend rejected the conflict between actual and their incorrect billing address. 2) Twice I have made purchases online and the amount "pending" was greater than what appeared on my screen as purchase price. The first time Netspend held this amount from going through after I contacted customer service. The second time their call center person refused to do this even though the transaction was "pending." This cost me about $25 that I didn't bargain for.

3) The particular Netspend account I had had a DOUBLE username/password situation. If both USERNAMES + PASSWORDS were in sync - slow but no problem. If one password changed and not the other SNAFU! The account information got "locked." This is my situation now. Spent 2 1/2 hours on phone with their overseas hard to pick-up on their dialect agents plus a supervisor. The supervisor changed my USERNAME without my knowledge or consent. Bottom line - I can use the card but can't access the account/transaction log website. This after repeated COMPLICATED attempts using the card number + my SSN, birthdate + personal info. FRUSTRATION +++

4) Netspend AND the organization from which I receive a paper check are both in AUSTIN, TX. Netspend continually sends me reminders to go to Direct Deposit. Two attempts to do this with paperwork forms from both the employer I retired from don't seem to be able to accomplish this, CONCLUSION: With 42 million unemployed in the US, why does Netspend rely on an OFFSHORE call center to handle customer relations. BAD BUSINESS! I'm switching to a different debit card 01Jul2017.

Hello Jodie,

Thank you for your feedback! We are excited to hear that you are very happy with our services. We truly value our cardholder's and aim to provide the maximum customer experience.

Original review: June 21, 2017

NetSpend is a very convenient way to pay bills or buy things online. I can use the card anywhere which helps me a lot. Also, the paychecks get paid two days faster so I don't need to wait. Moreover, their customer service people have been very helpful.

Resolution In Progress

I have been a customer with Netspend for more than 6yrs. I never had any trouble until the past few days. I had some charges that was made on my account without my knowledge. I called the company that took the money out and asked them to refund it. They did. So I went to use my account and the money was not on my card. Netspend stated that the same company took the money again so they blocked my card. They said I will get a card in the mail to replace that one. I said I already have a card I never used from Netspend. I asked can I activated the card. I had to get the money that was left on the account they blocked. The guy said yes. I gave them all the information that was needed then he says that I have to send documents to have proof it was me setting up the account so I sent everything they asked for from Friday 16th, 2017.

Monday 19th, 2017 I sent documents over and over sending proof of my address and everything. I send. They denied. This morning I get up and get a messages saying that they closed my whole account and that I will no longer be able to be a customer so I asked why. What did I do. They couldn't say nothing I did wrong so I asked what will happen to the money I had on the previous card. The lady said, "You will have to wait 10 days to receive a check." I said I don't have ten days. Go then she gonna say, “Well you will have to pay 5.95 to get the check within 3-5 days.” I said, “Why should I have to pay for my own money?” This how they treat loyal customers. Horrible.

Hello Veronica,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear about the issues you experienced with your account. Please contact us at social@netspend.com, so that we may assist you further.

Original review: June 20, 2017

In 2007 I won Lottery, I call customer service, got the information needed to have the money deposited to my NetSpend account. On September 18, 2007 at 12:45 am. I received a text message on my cell phone. And at the top it had 18-20 numbers and then it had deposit from Hoosier Lottery, then it had the account number. Then it had the amount of 3854.13 dollars.

I was on my computer at that time so I open up the account and I open up a saving account and transfer some of the money over to the saving account. Well I was working at the time and didn't touch that money. I knew the money was there because I was got alerts when my card was being use anywhere. So I started to want to use that money. And I am being told they have no record of those deposits. They ask me for the account information but I don't have it right now. I do have all the information on my old computer that crash and I have not been able to recover it. But I have been trying to get this money for a decade now. This wrong. They know they have that money of mine and why won't they give me my money. What can be done to make Netspend Prepaid Card Company give all the money they owe me. And I had another account. About 765.00 I had on another card I never use they have not given me.

Hello Tarnesha,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your account concerns. We regret to hear about the concerns you have with your fee schedule. We offer different fee schedule options please feel free to contact us at social@netspend.com, so that we may review your options.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Netspend does a two-day direct deposit. People would normally get paid on Friday, but they get paid on Wednesday. I'm big on budget and credit repair right now so I monitor every little thing. The different tools on the website are good. The only problem I've ever had with Netspend is when someone stole my information and I needed my card right away because the other card was cancelled and they charged me $20. I've been a customer for years, that wasn’t fair. I had to speak with a supervisor to ask him to waive it as a one-time courtesy since I have been with them since 2006 and I've never called and asked for anything. Also, I work for customer service, I have waived fees for my loyal customers so I know it's something that they could have done but they refused to do it. So it set a point. That happened a month ago.

Right now, I'm setting up a credit union and I told him that but the supervisor didn't care. I told him I'm going to move my service because loyalty is big. I had a customer today who had an issue and there was a $35 charge for me to correct the issue. I couldn't waive it, but I went half. I took off $15. He didn't try to work with me and he flat out said no. That's crazy to me so I'm about to change my service. And if a friend asks, I’ll tell them Netspend is not loyal but if they would like direct deposit before their check date, then go with them. Overall, they're great but they don't appreciate loyal customers. I have referred them in the past to family members. My kids have regular bank accounts but they also have Netspend. And I did all that for them to deny me one-time. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hello Siou,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear that about the experience you had with customer service.

Your cardholder agreement describes that using your card at the pump to pay for gas may result in a hold of up to $100.00 or more. The hold is authorized to ensure that you have enough money on your card to pay for the gas that you pump. The hold is released once the merchant sends us the final payment amount of your purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding while we addressed this matter. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please feel free to contact us at social@netspend.com.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I travel a lot. Use my Netspend card at a couple of am/pm gas stations. Come to find out that I'm charged $55 on top of my gas purchase. I call customer service and ask them the reason for the $55 fee on top of my gas purchase. The CSR informed me that it is kinda like a deposit to ensure I have money in the card and that the fee would be credited back into my card. Which of course did NOT happen. I ask to speak to a manager and of course the gentlemen told me he is already assisting me and I did not need to be transferred to the manager. I feel frustrated when I can’t speak to someone that speaks fluent English. Mind you that I was transferred a couple of times just to get transferred to someone that did not understand English very well. I hope that Netspend will get someone that actually knows how to handle CSR much better.

Hello Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback concerning the customer service that you've experienced.

NetSpend is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive by hiring the best and brightest talent, as we believe our continued success lies in teamwork, diversity, and opportunities to continually develop and grow our people. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by our customer service, and will be sure to further research the service that you experienced. We assure you that it is always our objective to take care of our cardholders’ interests. We strive to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction, and continually look into ways of improving our products and services to meet the needs and expectations of all our esteemed cardholders like you.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us at social@netspend.com,

NetSpend

Your Name

NetSpend Corporate Response Team"

Original review: June 19, 2017

I wanted to have an extra card so I got a prepaid debit with NetSpend. It makes paying bills easier. However, their customer service has been pretty much horrible. You can’t understand them because half of them speaks Spanish. Also, when you call them with a problem, it never gets resolved. The person who referred me to the card told me the same thing.

Netspend

Hi Maria, I regret to hear that you had issues with your Pay-Pal Prepaid card. We truly apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback will help us improve our products and services to serve you better. Your observations, complaints and suggestions are important as they help identify where we need to improve.

NetSpend

Original review: June 19, 2017

I've had the PayPal Prepaid card from Netspend for several years. For the past couple of months they have failed to initiate a transfer when I try to move money from my PayPal account to the card. It still has not been resolved, and I only get generic answers from customer service (who are all too eager to transfer you to PayPal, and refuses to transfer you to a manager). I've been promised follow-ups, but nobody has contacted me. I did get a reply to one email, but it was the same generic call-center answer. Do NOT get this card if you want to reliably access money from your PayPal balance. There are multiple people who have experienced the same issue since 9/2016, with equally poor customer service, and still no resolution.

Hello Yvonne,

Thank you for the 5 star rating!

Original review: June 18, 2017

With NetSpend's early deposit on my account, I can predict when I can pay things with an outline of when I'm going to get my funds. It's easy to make direct deposits because they come in straight to my card. It's also easy to make purchase and pay bills online. I give them my card number and they withdraw immediately from my account. So that means when money is gone, it is actually gone. There's no saying it's still available and we can mess up thinking you got so much money but you're not. I like the immediate withdrawal.

Hello Symantha,

Thank you for your feedback! Your feedback also helps us to recognize areas of focus, we truly value our cardholders and aim to provide the maximum customer experience. If there is anything we can do to improve your service experience please contact us at social@netspend.com.

Original review: June 17, 2017

NetSpend offered to receive my paycheck faster so I went with them and I've been able to pay my rental a little earlier. I use direct deposit more frequently and it's a very easy process. But their customer service is horrible because I can't get anyone to speak English. I've called in to speak about my account and one of those times, I gave my account information to the person that I spoke with and he still wouldn’t give me any of my account information over the phone. Besides the customer service that I don't like calling, I also don’t like that they just go in and take the overdraft. They just take the $15 fee which I think is too high. But my overall experience with NetSpend was pretty good. Although sometimes, it could be a hassle.

Hello Paula,

Thank you for your feedback! We are excited to hear that you are very happy with our card. We strive to create features and tools that will benefit our valued customers. Also we truly value our cardholder's and aim to provide the maximum customer experience.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I like Netspend and what they have to offer. And I’ve been with them for six years now. I used to have Achieve. When I canceled Achieve, they sent my money back to Social Security and then transferred it to the other card that it was supposed to go to. Achieve charged me $15 a month but Netspend doesn't do that. With Netspend, I can use the savings account if I need to and I get payback rewards if I use it at certain places. I got $1.35 back because I used my NetSpend card at AutoZone one time. I do anything and everything I need to do with it.

Using Netspend is very convenient for me, as well because I have a heart and a lung condition so I’m not out very much. And I can just call in and pay my bill either over the phone or online. I also use their direct deposit every month. They’ve also always answered my questions and taken off any problems that I’ve ever had. Such as when I had a card that was stolen and they replaced it quickly. Within three to five days, I had my new card. I would recommend NetSpend to anybody. My son and brother have a Netspend card, too.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the 5 star rating! Your positive feedback also helps us to recognize the work that we are doing well. We truly value our cardholder's and aim to provide the maximum customer experience.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Netspend is a greatly recommended card company by me, for many reasons. One of which is their assurance and multiple stages of protection of the card holder and your information, as they take as many steps as they can to make sure your account is only accessible by you. Another thing that ranks this company very high is their customer service. You're very likely to get a quick response back from this company and they are always willing to answer your questions and walk you through any problems you are having. I greatly recommend choosing Netspend as your prepaid card company.

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you're satisfied with the card and our partners. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Thanks, Netspend

Original review: June 16, 2017

I’ve been with NetSpend for over a decade and I continue to use it because I like it. I manage my finances online and go to Check City to reload, but it could also be done at a 7-Eleven or an ACE store.

Netspend Company Profile