NetSpend

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been a customer with NetSpend ace elite card since 2012. In that time they have always been helpful. I have no complaints. When I call they always are sincere in helping me with anything I need. They tell you the fees upfront. I chose the 5 dollar monthly fee. It saves me money as I'm on direct deposit. I get paid earlier than I would with other card companies. Any issues that ever come up which is almost never they fix really fast. I would recommend anyone to use this card company you will not be disappointed. I will continue to do business with them for many years to come.

Excellent customer service. Just as long as you use your card each month you're fine. NetSpend will also inform you of your daily balance, to me that's a blessing. I appreciate your company.

At the time I got NetSpend, it was more convenient than the other prepaid debit card providers. I have a direct deposit for my government check and I pay bills coming out of that every month and it’s fine. My direct deposit is once a month, and I use the locations at least three times other than my direct deposit. It's very easy to find reload locations where I live at. Anytime I’ve had trouble reloading, it’s always on the merchant’s side. It’s not NetSpend. With NetSpend, I don’t have cash available to me, so I don’t feel like going out all the time. If I had the cash, I’d spend it up as opposed to having it on my card. It makes me spend more responsibly. I do more online shopping, though. Moreover, I am able to get money to other NetSpend users quickly. In fact, I had other family members have NetSpend cards, so it’s really easy and quick for me to do a money transfer to my son, my husband or whoever. That’s very helpful.

I had some good, bad and indifferent interactions with the people at NetSpend, but most of the time, when I call, the issue is resolved. They try their best to resolve whatever issue I may have. One time, I did a money transfer to a card and when the person went to get the money off the card, the money wasn’t available. It alerted me on my phone that the money came out of my account, however, they were told they couldn't get it due to insufficient funds, so they had to get a lesser amount. The person had to use the machine twice, which took money off. Had I called NetSpend right then, they would have probably reimbursed me. Other than that, they handle my situation to their best.

Whenever I make a purchase with my card, I’m not charged any fee. I pay Netspend $5, which helps me when I make a purchase, but it doesn’t help me at the ATM. As a suggestion, I would be willing to pay $10 a month so this way it would help when I use the ATM. NetSpend charges $2.50 and then the ATM charges $2.50. I can’t control the ATMs, however, the $10 a month would help with the fee of the $2.50 that NetSpend charges. As a summary, I love that any money that comes in into my account, they post it immediately. For the years that I have with NetSpend, I've been having a very pleasurable business arrangement with them. It has no stress, they’re very helpful, and it has been a great experience.

When I first used this service it was easy to change my pin and I like that I'm not constantly reminded to reload my card. It's reliable and I'd definitely recommend it to others.

I am on Social Security Disability and I love having my card, because I get my check before my actual due date. This is a great feature because being on a limited income you tend to run out of money before the next pay day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetSpend?

My replacement card was sent. I supposedly activated it but it is always declined. Now I call the customer service number, and I'm told my card number and social are invalid. To make matters worse I can not even talk to human being! Thanks NetSpend. First Green Dot now NetSpend.

I have had an acct with NetSpend for numerous years. I had to lodge my 1st dispute recently regarding fraudulent activity. It was a very lengthy process that was made difficult by the fact that no one I spoke to at NetSpend customer service spoke English. After the initial charges appeared on my card I attempted to resolve it thru the company that processed the charges. When that did not work, I contacted NetSpend and started the process. I called customer service and was told the charges would be reversed and a dispute would be filed - they were reversed but even after my account was closed and a new card was issued the company was still allowed to process their charges against my funds. And the dispute was not filed by the agent.

I called several times and the agents although polite, did not seem to understand the process any more than I did, often providing contradictory information. I had to file the same information online and via the phone 4 times. I finally had my money placed back on my account but it is called a temporary resolution while they are investigating the charges which could take up to 90 days. Due to the ineffective system in place I am seriously considering closing my account and having my direct deposits go to a different banking system.

I was scammed by a co-worker and my bank account was closed. I paid it immediately, but I was still blacklisted for 6 years for being the victim of a crime. I live off of SSA survivor benefits and without my NetSpend card I couldn't receive my child's benefits without paying a chunk of it to cash the paper check and then bus around to pay out bills. All of the limitations proposed recently by the CFPB removes any alternatives for consumers who have landed in my place. The poor have fewer and fewer options. Now that I no longer have a career (due to the trillion dollar bailout of wall street) and live as an impoverished American I see now how we will soon become another 3rd world country with a small few thriving in their 1st world lives off of our suffering.

My debit cards were compromised not once but twice in a month and a half. The first go around the experience was awful. Couldnt pay the bills, get money, nothing. EXCEPT... "I am sorry miss. There is nothing I could do." Sweet right! Well, when it happened AGAIN two weeks almost to the day let's just say a little mad was not it! I got right on the phone. Spoke again with an advocate and SHE said, "I'm so very sorry this is happening again to you but let me get you in touch WITH THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT!" Now it is a Sunday and it was closed. Understandable.

Called the next morning (now I wish I could remember his name. He was awesome.) and was told I COULD HAVE GOT A TEMPORARY CARD AT MONEY TREE! Now, I am STILL waiting for the replacement card mind you BUT, at least I can take care of the important stuff. I write this, although you have really nice advocates. Their service was quite nice. If I could have had the information I got the second time in the first place... my life would have been a lot easier, and I would not have had to call as many times as I did. I have worked in a call center. It sucks when a customer calls a hundred times.

I have been using a NetSpend card for 6 years. When I needed them to help me get monthly bank statements they gave me a runaround and then charged me to email me the statement. The email took a week to arrive and almost made me lose a house loan I was receiving. Any number you try to call connects you to a person not in this country and that don't know what they are doing besides following a script giving to them. Do not deal with company!!!

This card gives a good service in all the areas. Just to name one, last week my numbers were stolen in a restaurant. Next day I found charges that I did not make. Before I called to customer service I realized that the card was blocked already by NetSpend. The money taken from my account was returned in 24 hours.

For the most part I am happy with my experiences with NetSpend. I really enjoy getting my direct deposit two days earlier than most of my coworkers. Having direct deposit has its advantages. My main complaint is that when I have monies to be deposited to my account I have to pay a fee to add those funds to my own account.

I have been a NetSpend card holder for over 7 years. I have been happy with my experience and see no reason to have a traditional bank account. Keep up the good work!

Cost to my bank. The $100. Was recredited to my account. I am now in possession of a $100. Dollar Check issued by NetSpend and not sure what to do. I am still out $25 stop check fee. I am happy to return the check but don't know where to send. Issued 8-8-2016 to account **. It says to apply to my account. But pay to order of Netspend. No one will cash it.

I love my NetSpend card for all my online shopping. Since I usually have money on my card I use it for emergency purchases as well. Very convenient and reliable plus, I can check my balance in a matter of minutes. Thank you NetSpend.

The card is a great help in a pinch when you are on a budget. Great for online bill payment. Even got my sister in New Jersey to put money on the card through Pop pay.

I love Netspend. My money is always available and when I put money on my card it's available right away. This is more convenient for me and my family paying bills, going shopping. It's great.

My NetSpend works exactly as a credit/debit card. I've had this card about 4 years and I have never been happier. I've never had a problem that customer service hasn't been about to help me straighten out. I'll tell anyone that will listen this is the card to have. Especially trying to rebuild your credit.

I don't like the fees for every transaction on top of the money service charge. I will be looking for another card service because of it. I have been a customer since 2013.

Yes I did recommend a friend however I didn't get the $20.00 as promised by company. However I love my NetSpend card. It keeps me updated with future direct deposit & balances. It's a great card.

This card and the customer service dept are exactly what you would want your credit card company to be like. You have to be approved for your credit cards but not NetSpend. Yet NetSpend offers far superior benefits. Wouldn't leave home without it!!

I really love being a part of this company. I always receive my funds into my account on time. I hope that we can continue to be successful as a customer in the future even. I love the color of my debit card. I really appreciate such a lovely company too.

I do appreciate the NetSpend has been helpful for keep me update. And they did helped me if I have any problem with the situation and they did response very amazing and please keep it up.

I've been with NetSpend for many years now and wouldn't dream of leaving them for another company. They've helped me through several obstacles. When someone tried fraudulent moves on my account, I contacted customer svc and they handled my situation promptly. From time to time, I wrote messages in to NetSpend, thanking them for the professional help they have and such friendly representatives they have. If there is a problem of any kind with your account, they give you 100% of their help.

Resolution In Progress

I really like my NetSpend account, I never had any problems until about 3 months ago. I have been trying since June to get my monthly statements and have not been able to get ALL of the statements that I need. I called customer service twice and they said that they would email me the statements that I needed and I never received them. I was very disappointed because I needed it in order to try to get my hospital bills charged off. Just 2 weeks ago I went to a bank and opened an account because I need to have access to my monthly statements every month. I am going to close my NetSpend account this week.

Since being an ACE Elite cardholder I have nothing but great things to say. The receive your paycheck 2 days in advance is awesome. Every dispute I have had has been resolved and every time I contact customer service the experience is pleasant, professional and my issues are resolved. I would definitely recommend ACE Elite to both family and friends.

Direct deposits are nice because I can receive my payment a few days sooner than normal. It's a nice alternative to using my personal checking account when shopping online. The cash advance is nice also, as long as I reload my card within 24 hours I'm not charged a fee. Don't like the monthly fee, but I guess I understand. Overall I am satisfied with my NetSpend card and I plan to keep it for a while.

Great service! Love getting paid faster through direct deposit. Love the rewards I get at the end of each month. The only thing I do not like is paying five dollars each month. But other than that great!

My son received this card as a bday gift. We didn't know it was a prepaid card. Well 6 months later, I go to activate it and there's no money on the card, I called spoke to a guy who I can barely understand. Finally come to an agreement. Says he's sending another card with $ on it. Well we got it this last week. I go to activate it and the balance is -.50. Called and the lady was rude, hard to understand and still was asking what the problem was. They have a fee for everything even to look at your balance! They're a freaking joke! Please find a different prepaid company to go through. These people are just there to steal your money!

When I started getting SSI, they suggested a debit card provider and I got it for my funds to be automatically deposited on to, but I found out that that card wasn't accepted at most places. I couldn't pay my bills with it. That's when my fiancé suggested that I try NetSpend, and I've been happy with it. It's the same as having a bank account except that I'm not paying huge fees. I really like the fact that I can't go over $10 in debt with it. So many bank accounts have large amounts that I can overdraft and then end up owing them $300 that I'm paying off over and over.

I use NetSpend for online purchases, and it works really well for that. I use it for just about everything that I can use a debit card for. I don't even have a bank account anymore. I also pay bills with it and I've had no problems. I have it linked with PayPal, so it’s protected. I do direct deposit and I reload sometimes if I get a gift from someone. I'm not that pleased with having to pay for reloading it but I understand why I have to. I was having some difficulty a few months ago getting my email changed on NetSpend. I had been using a Yahoo account and it didn't seem that it was that safe. I wanted to change it to Gmail and I had problems doing that online, so I ended up calling and talking to someone and they were able to get it switched.

NetSpend Company Profile