NetSpend

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

In 12/2016 an error came up on my card. It concerned me that funds were taken without my knowledge. I email NetSpend Customer Service about the problem. They surprised me by find the problem and resolving it immediately. I know I can trust their expertise in finding and resolving any future problems that may arise with my account.

I needed a prepaid card for a direct deposit and NetSpend was offered to me online so I went ahead and took it. It's a lot more efficient and it helps me manage my finances. I also like its availability. It's a fast and convenient financial tool. I've called to get direct deposit records and the customer service has always been helpful. Everything's always been friendly and I've never had any problems.

I have been using NetSpend for about 6 years now. I actually have 2 different cards with them. I haven't had any issues with them or their service. I recommend them to everyone. They offer direct deposit if it's available on your job. You can do everything online or through the app.

Terrific. Netspend's service is excellent. The people are very helpful and nice. They offer great bonus credits in their customer service and online. It is very convenient what the Netspend company offers. When speaking to them, they offer credits for purchases such as discounts and such.

This has to be one of the worst experiences with a business I've ever had. I've had several disputes on transactions that come back declined but are still deducted from my account and when trying to resolve it's always pass the buck. It's not that Netspend's problem. It's called the other companies. The surcharges for every transaction is absolutely ridiculous. I was not made aware of it until I called to complain about it to the tune of $100 and surcharges every time I use my card. There's absolutely no type of help understanding even when I explain to my closing on my accounts and over $100 credit on charges that were declined but still went through that they were losing my direct deposits to the tune of $5,000 a month.

They're idiots. They read off scripts and have no power when you ask for a supervisor. It's a joke. You're told that there are none around. I would highly recommend people staying away from this company. I also have a Brinks card that is a prepaid card and they are absolutely wonderful and an Insight Card where they're a great company and have had no issues with either one. Stay away from this NetSpend company card. Be warned. They're idiots. They're no help. They just want your money and it's a joke if you have a problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NetSpend?

I had a very bad experience with one of the reps yesterday.. He was very rude.. I cannot believe how rude this rep was. I normally like NetSpend and out of the 7 years I have had them, I have never filed a dispute on anything. My card was compromised and the I was really upset about that and expressed to the rep that I was upset but not with him. He laughed at me a few times, continued to put me on silent, hold and answered my question on a delay. When I asked him to speak with his supervisor he transferred me to that automatic system... This is unacceptable and I will be taking my business elsewhere...

Very happy with the service I receive from NetSpend. Been a member since 2007 and never had a problem. Customer service is very professional and courteous and very eager to explain and provide solutions to my questions and concerns. Thank you NetSpend.

My experience with NetSpend is awesome. My money comes before my payday and it's never late. Their direct deposit gives me access to better manage my money and I also receive updates on my phone which is excellent. They handle business promptly and they did what they told me they were going to do.

I don't have a checking account so I use my NetSpend WU rewards card to pay my credit card bill online. I've tried to use other prepaid cards to make the payment but this one is the only one that works. Reloading is quick and easy and having that extra option to send Western Union right from the card is great for my lifestyle!

I needed a card and NetSpend worked for me. I like that my paycheck hits two days before it supposed to and it's always on time. I use my NetSpend card to pay anything I got to pay. I never had any problems with it as long as I had some money left. The thing about their reload location, though, was they used to have one where I'm at in Houma, Louisiana. But it closed down and I have to go to Walmart in town now to put money on the card.

When they took my money off the card but my card was in my pocket, I had to call them and tell them that somebody was using my card. Their staff took care of that and I ended up getting my money back. Everything worked out perfectly fine. I recommended NetSpend to my brother and he got one. I recommended it to my sister too. A couple of friends I know got debit cards as well. Everybody wanted to know what kind of card I got because I get my money before anybody else and they like that. I like my card and what it does too.

Horrible company. I was surprised to see it isn't an actual scam. They send unsolicited credit cards, complete with a brochure of "terms" and fees, claiming that someone "indicated an interest in receiving them", give a phone number to opt-out of future mailings, but when you try, you get customer reps in an overseas call center who say they can't opt-out anyone without the card number--which I fear they will attempt to activate. Then they asked for a mobile phone number, which was REALLY out of line -- this was sent to me via direct mail. I'm sure not giving them my mobile number or any other personally identifiable information. I told them I shredded the card already, and they say there is no way to opt-out of receiving their mailings without it. In other words, false claims on the mailings.

I absolutely love NetSpend! I like the fact that I get paid sooner, there are free ATMs, & I'm able to get cash back. I also like the newer option of a savings account. The only issue is the amount stores charge to add our own money to our own account.

I am very pleased with the consistency on receiving my direct deposit at the same time every month. I am also very pleased with the overdraft feature. I will continue to use your company to receive my government direct deposits. I am also pleased with customer service on the phone and via email. Thank you NetSpend!!!

When calling customer care to transfer money, they do it without hesitation. The agents are always there when you need them and the extra cushion makes life a little bit easier. Whenever I don't have to call in the app is readily available for me to do transactions on my own which is very helpful.

I love my NetSpend Elite card. I gain rewards, get my paycheck 2 days early and tax refund a week early, with direct deposit. The app and website are easy to use and transferring money to a friend who has NetSpend is a breeze.

I love my Netspend card. I think we could lower the fees for mobile check loads or make a monthly fee but that's one of the only thing I would change. I don't think there should be load fees though either.

Customer service is a plus with NetSpend. Love this card. I have the freedom and comfort knowing that my money is safe and it will be there. Happy with all the features they provide. Alerts, rewards, account management and transaction filter. Thank you NetSpend.

A company took money out of my account without my knowledge or permission. I filed a claim, and the next day, my money was back in my account. I thank them so much for their quick response and help in handling this issue, and I just thank my customer service representative.

It’s worth having the NetSpend card. I know exactly what I have because it's prepaid versus a credit card that charges me exorbitant fees if I went over and I work within that budget. Then when I use my card, it gives me an alert. The communication is very good between the client and the bank. I also love that I get my government check three days earlier than everybody else. However, the fees vary from 7-Eleven to 7-Eleven. Some of them will only be $2.99 and some will be $4.99. The fees could be cheaper but they’re not exorbitant. Other than that, everything is smooth and I'm very happy. I like my NetSpend card and I don't think I'd have any other card.

I've used NetSpend since 2004. They're good for sending my taxes and my payroll. I have been with them for so long that at one point, they didn't charge me $1 every time I use my card. Then, when I got a new card, they started charging me again. They also wiped out the premiums then they charged them back again. I like the service, however, it changes a lot and never stays consistent.

I had a complaint the first part of the month where they paid two things that came through my account for $101.12 and $101.51. Even though it said from two different companies, it was the same company. The first guy I talked to told me that they could stop the payment but I had to call the company first. He gave me the phone number and told me what to ask for. When I called the company, the lady said she had no record of me so I kept digging. I gave her my card number and she said she still didn't find it. So she went in another way then came up with the order and asked me if I lived in Long Beach. I said I didn't so she said she found an order number that paid for $101.12 and $101.51 but it said Sharon ** on it. She gave me the address and all this other stuff then told me that she'll email me all that information. She then told me I could file a complaint a couple of days later but the payment was still pending.

So I called NetSpend back and told them that it's unauthorized. I asked them to stop the pending payment and not to pay it but they didn't do that. They kept asking me about the products but I told them I didn't get any because I didn't order them and my card was used without my permission. But they said they had to pay it because they got a pre-authorization code. I told them it was a fake code but they still paid it. So I had to fax all my stuff to them, the operator number and information that I got from the company. But if that was my bank, they would have put a claim on it, stopped it and reimbursed me within the hour.

Now I'm waiting to get my money back. But in the meantime, this situation derailed my bills that came through the card to be paid and two of them got sent back. NetSpend also told me that they're going to send me a new card. So I have the same account number that allows my Social Security and my payroll to continue to come to the new card. But they paid out something that they could've stopped and I didn't like that at all. And that's not the first time but the second one. The first time I didn't get my money back and if they don't give my money back this time that's it with NetSpend for me. They told me by the 10th I should hear something.

Other than that, I've never had problems paying my bills with my NetSpend card. And I started doing automatic payments because they do better than the bank. If there is no money, they charge me no fee. But when I have an unauthorized payment to something and they won't correct it, that's my problem. It shouldn't be a problem because there's so much technology now. Also, they're not saying and in no way guarantying me that they'll give me my money back because they said they have to get it back from the company first. We caught the thief before they gave the money to them and they're going to give it to them anyway then ask for it back. I don't think that's going to work. So I'm not happy with NetSpend right now.

I've been a customer since 2006. I've never had a problem with my NetSpend card. I have direct deposit and overdraft protection. I'm extremely happy with this card. It's better than going to the bank. You can use what you don't have.

Very dissatisfied with the customer service. I had money pulled out of my account on a card that I had reported lost and you guys left active. Well I reported the withdrawal done without authorization in a minutes of it happening. I explain that I had just done a transaction in my hometown and 7 minutes later the transaction in question was done in a town 3 hours away driving distance. Well they gave me the story that they had to investigate. I said what is there to investigate if the transaction according to the rep was done on a card I had reported lost and that NetSpend kept it active. Well they were real rude and when ask to speak to a supervisor on 2 occasions they left me on hold for almost 2 hours and never came to line. This is very disappointing because you guys treat the customer as a suspect instead of a victim. The transaction was done on December 9, 2016 and I'm yet to have any response.

I initially got this card because at one point banks would not give me a checking account. I always loved the getting paid early feature. At my last job it was 1-2 days before. With my new job I get paid a couple of hours after payroll is processed. Even though I currently have a checking account, I still have the bulk of my pay deposited to my NetSpend account. Getting paid early is a beautiful thing.

Your tech cancelled my card against my wishes. I asked over 20 times not to cancel my card, but you did anyway, so I didn't have money for my kids over Christmas. Then it took more time to get my card, & once I received it, it wasn't even the Premier card.

I don't like carrying money on me in particular now that I'm a senior citizen. NetSpend debit card is better than a credit card in my opinion. There's no interest rates or late fees or hidden interests. I love the ANYTIME ALERTS especially if the card is STOLEN I would know where the card was used and when. If I want I can obtain more than one card having the choice to use one for loading and use when shopping and the other as my primary account debit card which I can leave at home.

The fee to reload is much less than interest paid for the use of a credit card and credit history isn't rated. I like the ease of use since the debit card is accepted everywhere I go and is also a method of keeping me within my budget. Customer service is great in every request I have made and have never failed to have a solution to any problem I've had. If NetSpend wasn't available many people wouldn't have convenient use of an affordable debit card and would have to purchase money orders which can become more costly than loading fees. I'm grateful to whoever thought of NetSpend Debit Card.

I've been doing business with this company for at least 6yrs. I spoke with several different representative, all different stories. Not helpful at all. I'm ready to close my account for good. I was told different stories regarding my monthly fee.

I have had my card since Sept. 2016. I can't say enough great things about this card. In today the Banks have so much control over their NSF fees that it is disgusting. They will charge you 30.00 for .10 or .15 cents short. NetSpend doesn't at all. Plus they give you 24 hrs to put money in your acct before they charge you. If you do, then No Charge. You get your direct deposits way before time that the banks did. I will NEVER go back to a town bank again. I will ALWAYS use NetSpend as long as they keep treating customer like they do. Thank You NetSpend. You are truly a God's send.

I'm a disabled veteran and I only get a certain amount a month. I didn't see any sense in opening up an actual bank account because every time I get paid, it goes to my kids and my rent. Getting NetSpend is way more convenient and they have a limit but I never go over that limit. They also have good security features on my account so I don't have to worry about it getting hacked. And if I have problems with money getting fraudulently charged, they take care of it. Every once in a great while when I absolutely need to I do direct deposit. I know they're there and if I ever come up across cash and need to put it on my card, I know I can do it.

I've filed a dispute with them involving Xbox where I messed up and thought it was a fraudulent charge. I forgot that I charged it months before and they took care of it. Xbox and NetSpend worked together to fix it so it was awesome. Initially, Xbox wasn't working with me. I had to keep pushing and pushing and finally, I got it taken care of. NetSpend took care of their stuff right away and gave me all the information I needed. It took a little bit to find out what department I needed to call but things went smoothly once they got me squared away. It's an easy service.

I have been trying to get access to the $450 I loaded onto a new Visa Debit card of NetSpend on 1/03 and they still will not permit me to access my own money. I have sent every item, and more, they have requested to verify my identity and they still say it isn't enough. I am going to try and get my money refunded but I find it strange that on the back of the card it says to contact GREEN DOT for refunds. I didn't purchase a Green Dot debit card, I purchased a NetSpend debit card. Has anyone gotten their money refunded? If I don't, who can I contact about getting my $450 back? The police? Don't ever waste your money on these thieves.

I am very happy with my NetSpend card. I will continue to use it as often as I can. I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!! I have had other cards in the past but did not have a good experience with them. I am also looking forward to getting a new "chip" card and being upgraded to a "Premier" customer. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me via email.

NetSpend Company Profile