2. Finance
  3. Money Transfer

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.32/5

Venmo Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I can’t make the money transaction because my phone number is not verified, He doesn’t let me Register my phone number. He says a code and he doesn’t send it, help me please, thanks. It’s my first time using it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Myself and my husband have Venmo accounts. When I was trying to add bank account for receiving payments, it was throwing an error (instead of showing exact error, it says "your bank account doesn't support this"), which is wrong. When I contacted customer service, I got to know that if we have joint account, then we can add only to one venmo account and other cannot Instead other one should add debit card, for which they are charging 1% fee. This is absolute non sense and one way to loot money from customers. They asked me if I dont have another bank account, then I need to incur fee. Please be careful in using Venmo when you are in this scenario.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I have never been so frustrated in my life trying to use an app. I have money on my account and cannot get it. They keep saying problem with the payment. I can't even access it with an ATM. I can't add my bank account either. I have noticed I'm not the only one who has this problem. I would not recommend this app...I have no idea why they have a customer service. They were just very rude and were no help whatsoever. They claim they have no answers.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Venmo is "crap-tastic"! Issues:

1) Poor Design/Req Extra Billing Info/Poor Service.
        2) Supported banks, VERY limited.

3) Req Venmo Card for full service.

USE PAYPAY! Card# only, 1-2-3 setup, Secure & Reliable.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I accidentally paid the wrong person the money that I was originally going to send to someone. I called Venmo and I asked them if they could reverse the transaction. Venmo then told me that I would have to reach out to the recipient when I have 0 idea who they are other than their Venmo account name. Venmo then said that they don’t provide mediation services and that they would need the recipient to reach out to them in order to file the refund. There’s a 0% chance someone that has no idea who I am is going to refund me my money that I just accidentally sent them. They will use it in their guilty pleasure and Venmo will watch with both their eyes.

Venmo is pathetic, their platform is trash, and I was willing to provide evidence and photos of me attempting to reach out to the recipient but instead this has turned into theft. Venmo still claims it's not their fault and they have no power reaching out to the recipient. In other words, they knew she was guilty of taking and not returning my money and now won’t help when it happened on their platform. Garbage Venmo is what they should rename it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Venmo?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Do NOT WASTE YOUR TIME - If I could give them 0 or negative stars I would - At first it worked. Now it has my money in limbo and Plaid or whatever 3rd party Venmo works with will not support MULTIPLE banks including PNC BANK. Venmo has virtually NO Customer service and the illusion that they have someone or some kind of dept handling it (It's not open Sunday) WTF (YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR). PNC Bank Points to Venmo and says they have your money and they can't help. Venmo now wants me to pay to get my money out.

WHAT A SCAM - No wonder they were hacked recently and MILLIONS of our personal info was put out on net - But they won't tell you that or you'll never hear that happened. AVOID THIS P.O.S. app and company all together including PLAID or whatever or whoever these SCAMMERS use, Take it from a Google preferred contributor and Influencer. AVOID THEM. Try ZELLE or CASH APP and there are others as well out there that are FREE and actually have a customer service department that is open and will actually help you!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I will never use them again. They are holding my money hostage. And it's my rent money. Now I'm completely screwed??? I cannot withdraw my money or purchase anything. I cannot even send it anywhere so I can get it. They are scam artists and they are not giving me my own money. Beware if you use them but I would strongly recommend that you do not use their services.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I, like most people at USA, eventually ended my collaboration with Venmo & PayPal. Unfounded Fee, huge account problems, inability to transfer and terrible service. Personally, I believe that Zelle is the safest for your money, as it is a direct program that is built into your bank 's personal account. I very much hope that soon PayPal and Venmo will ruin and in America will live much safer. ;)

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Worst experience ever!!! I was scammed on 11/10@ 6:55pm. I purchased something from a “verified Venmo Account Holder”. I read their “do’s and dont’s” and was informed not to worry since it’s owned by Paypal (which I have never had an issue within 10 years). I went ahead and sent a $50.25 to this person. 3 hours later I find out he is trying to sell the same merchandise to my son, that also inquired”. I immediately sent an email to Venmo with the user name, picture, entire conversation history (along with my son's conversation). I called today, and was told they were sorry and would escalate the issue. An hour later I received and email from Venmo that said basically “tough luck, you lost your money and there’s nothing you can do about it." Mind you, the amount has not even cleared my bank yet due to the holiday.

I have never been so disgusted with a company in my life. Basically it’s okay to steal money from someone, even though they are verified with Venmo and they have their bank account it went into along with their email, name, etc. I will NEVER USE VENMO AGAIN! If you can’t protect people from theft, you are worthless! I’m have filed fraud with my bank and will be contacting the BBB on Venmo. Shame on you!!!! Please do not use them, if you value your money, because they clearly do not!!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Someone accessed my account and debit card without my knowledge till a couple days later and sent a person 6 $100 transactions. Now I cannot get that money back which was for bills. I would not recommend nobody to use Venmo.

Venmo Company Information