4.94/5
  • 1 star
Based on 286 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

TransferWise is disrupting the way the world transfers money. Move your money with no hidden charges and for up to eight times less than traditional banks. Our method is easy and fast without sacrificing security and has been trusted by over one million customers across the world.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

286 TransferWise Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We use TransferWise every month to send money to our family in India. The mobile application as well as the online portal are very user-friendly. Especially love features, such as, saved recipients, daily exchange rate alerts, secure connections to bank accounts from within the app, guaranteed exchange rates and so much more! The exchange rates are always accurate and the fees seems minimal when compared to the ease and user experience. Also, they sometimes offer free transfers on special events. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

For a little less than what my bank would charge me and for a LOT less pain and annoyance, I can use TransferWise to send money abroad reliably and safely. Only thing I wish they had is a recurring transfer feature so I don't have to think about it!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

This service is not only competitive when compared to the fees that banks charge, which are often less transparent because the bank fees are included in the exchange rate, but has a high level of ease and convenience when sending the same amount on a periodic basis, such as monthly. The website interface is designed specifically to make repeated transfers easy and quick.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I've recommended TransferWise to many friends, and I've started to use it regularly. It works well, and is much SAFER than carrying cash from one place to another. For me, Transferwise is one of the companies/services that represents the new, improved, more efficient world made possible by the internet.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I retired after working 14 years in Europe and moved back to California. I continue to use my bank account in Spain and always count on TransferWise to move funds to me wherever I am. They are fast, efficient and reliable. Five Stars from me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TransferWise?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I needed a way to transfer money from USA to France to pay bills at a low cost via my phone and laptop and this service is very well done. The cost is very low and the user interface for my phone and web are very simple and clean looking to use.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

There was quite a bit of paperwork required for the first transfer; they have to get it for banking regulations so give yourself some time for that first one. After that, fast, efficient and MUCH cheaper than the bank! Have used to send money from both personal and business accounts and highly recommend their service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

TransferWise is a very reliable, trustworthy, efficient, cost effective way to transfer funds internationally. We send money to relatives in S. America and the service has saved us time and money since we have been using it. Highly recommended for international transfers. Responsive customer service is a highlight of their service. Easy to use platform. Very reasonable fees. I have recommended it to friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

A financial system that really works without bleeding you out... or boring you to death while waiting. I've used it several times to exchange and transfer moneys between US and EU accounts. It works. It's fast (usually 24 hours or less). It's the least expensive (low commissions). And it is convenient, as one can initiate transfers anytime, anywhere... Recommended!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I am looking forward for a border-less account. It has been taking too long. Also, I would like to be able to transfer faster. Is there more improvement on speed available? Sometimes the transfer takes up to 5 business days. A couple of times, the transfer was even cancelled because it took too long. Would love to see this go away! Overall, a great service and Thank You!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

TransferWise is a wonderful, easy and fast way to transfer money for a low price. I have always been satisfied with their fast service. I have never had any problems with their service. I am looking forward to using TransferWise in the future.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

TransferWise has been so useful. It is a simple process and sign up takes minutes to complete. I have been using them for just over a year now and they have always been very reliable. I have heard of other services but the simplicity and reliability of TransferWise has kept me around! Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I use to rely on local banks to transfer money overseas but not anymore. I can now use TransferWise for the same service but for a fraction of the cost and consistent speed and accuracy. Consider this the Uber of money transfer. Just love it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Since I started using TransferWise, they have become my preferred method for transferring my own money between Australia and USA. It was easy to get my receiving account verified, and with that done, it is a very simple process to set up a transfer. I then use Internet banking to transfer the funds to TransferWise and the money is in my account within 2-3 days. As their advertising states, it is cheaper and faster than any other method that I know of.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This application really made transferring money easy for our needs. It is easy and reliable. It makes transferring money an easy process and the procedure is fast and accurate. Especially for family members that in another country and need to make the transfer fast and easy. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Since a friend introduced TransferWise to me, I have been using them for all my foreign transfers. While my bank always skin me on the exchange rate, TransferWise offers open market rate. Yes they charge a percentage of the transfer as fee (close to 1%), but the profit my bank makes on the exchange rate is much bigger than that. Also both my bank and the receiving bank charge a fee for the wiring. Now there is no longer a wiring fee. All in all I save money in using TransferWise, and feel much better that the big banks can no longer rip me off when I transfer my own money. I am waiting for the day that I can walk into a foreign bank (or ATM) and withdraw money from my US account through TransferWise.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have been using TransferWise for 12 months now using it on a monthly basis. It provides excellent currency transfer rates, paying it directly into my bank account in a consistent timely manner with good email progress reports. I would totally recommend and plan to continue using their service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I've been transferring/wiring $$ overseas (Europe) for many years. TransferWise, using their apps for iOS, is the easiest, quickest, and least expensive option I've ever used. Their midmarket exchange rate was the real game changer, along with a simple 1% fee, made the choice to use TransferWise a no-brainer.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My daughter is living in Europe and I have found this site to be the easiest, quickest, and least expensive way to transfer money to her! I highly recommend it for anyone needing to send money overseas!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I have used TransferWise several times to transfer money from the US to Europe. The account was easy to set up, and transferring money is really easy, and the fee is very low compared to banks or such financial institutions, and also very competitive when compared with other on-line transfer services.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017
This is a great service. Previously I would have to spend 30-40 minutes at a bank to wire money internationally (I run a business that imports goods for wholesale).

But the best part is the money, the banks would give you a fake exchange rate, essentially skimming money from every transaction. With TransferWise it's not only way easier, but you don't have to deal with the deceptive practices, and you save money!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I discovered Transferwise on Facebook and my husband in Brazil was able to receive money I sent from Alaska easily, quickly and cheaply. TransferWise is an amazing company and I wish it were licensed in more states and countries.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I strongly recommend transferring funds with TransferWise because their fees are so affordable. I recently sent funds to Indonesia from the USA, but before I did, the recipient warned me that the cost would be prohibitive, so I told them not to worry about that because I had found a great website for sending funds overseas. I paid a measly US$5.00 to send US$250. Had it not been for TransferWise low fees I would not have bothered to send funds.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

For sending modest amounts overseas, TransferWise is great! Good support, clean and obvious interface and app. However, for larger transfers where there may be daily limits in recipient currency, you must factor in that you will be required to do a domestic wire transfer into the TW account. My bank charges $15 for this plus the TW fee itself. So for multiple transfers x $15 and the time required to do 5 transfers inside TW plus manually push a wire from my bank to TW, it adds a ton of time and expense. This is not a TW fault per se, but be aware that it may apply to your destination currency.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Definitely cheaper than standard bank transfers, so I would happily recommend it to anyone conducting international transfers. However, TransferWise has several times overestimated how quickly a transaction would be concluded, so that the actual date of receipt of the funds was several days after what Transferwise had initially forecast.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I use TransferWise to send money to my son studying abroad in Europe. Website is clear, easy to use, quick to complete, money arrives on time within 24 hours and the cost to move money abroad is low. I have used it many times and was glad that my friend told me about this service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I need to send $ back to Australia regularly, and it's the first time I've ever used a service that was easy to sign up, easy to use, and re-use again & again without having to re-memorize complicated banking numbers and procedures. A+++.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have returned to Minnesota after having worked in Vienna for 30 years, thus I receive my pension from Austria. I did my first transfer last November and I recommend this wholeheartedly. Prior to this, I was being charged fees by my Austrian and WF banks, while getting the worst exchange rate. Now, I get the net rate of the date (check it) one reasonable fee and I get my money often earlier than predicted (two to four days) without any surprises. Very happy to have found such excellent solution for getting my pension at the best rate.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have been using TransferWise for 2 years now and my experience with them has been very good. The price they charge is very reasonable. Once I had to contact customer service and they responded right away and resolved the issue right away. I think TransferWise is a great company. I highly recommend their service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I love TransferWise because it is easy to use and much cheaper than other alternatives. But where it excels, is the speed that the transfers are done. I can request a transfer from the US to the UK, and then one is in the account in the UK same day. This was not possible with the other alternatives I had looked at.

TransferWise Company Information

2011
transferwise.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use