4.8/5 (93 ratings)

About American Hartford Gold

American Hartford Gold Group is a family-owned business that sells precious metals and precious metal IRAs. Physical precious metals are available as bars or coins. Gold and silver IRAs are an alternative to traditional IRAs that allow you to invest in precious metals. These IRAs can also help diversify your retirement savings.

Pros

• Buyback commitment
    • High customer ratings
    • No shipping fees

Cons

• Metal investments carry risks
    • No prices on online catalog

Bottom Line

American Hartford Gold offers precious metals and gold IRAs. Metals are typically sold in coin or bar form. A gold IRA lets you invest in precious metals in a tax-advantaged way and store them at a secure facility.

American Hartford Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

American Hartford Gold was recommended by several conservative people like Roman Balmakov. Daniel ** has been helping us transfer my IRA to a precious metals base. He answered a multitude of my questions patiently and knowledgeably. The transaction was finalized today, and I am confident that I have made the best choice for my IRA with Daniel's help. I will recommend Mr. ** and American Hartford Gold to my brother.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Luz!

We are so pleased to hear that your experience with AHG was a positive one! I will pass on your comments to Daniel and I will let him know you are pleased with his efforts.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold! We look forward to working with you and your family in the future!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Everyone I spoke with was very helpful. Eino answered any question I had and was great at following up with me without being overbearing. He called me as soon as my money got into my account so we could get started. Wally was very helpful and explained the different options for investing. I took his recommendation on what to invest in. I look forward to doing more business in the future.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your positive review, Kurt!

We are happy to be of help to you and we are glad you had a positive experience. I will pass this on to Eino and Wally and I will let them know their efforts were appreciated!

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Everyone I have been in contact with has been very Professional and Helpful. I would recommend to all my friends and family to contact The Hartford Gold Group to diversify their investments with Gold or Silver.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Philip!

We appreciate your review and look forward to working with you again!

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I responded to an email promotional offer from Hartford yesterday, and when I called Tyler ** answered and explained the promotion and the steps needed to proceed. Tyler suggested I send payment into Hartford via wire yesterday for the quickest service to process my order, so I immediately went down to my bank and wired $25K per his instructions. Hartford accounting dept received my wire yesterday 3 hours later, but Tyler stated he could not contact me back until this morning. Tyler contacted me back, and proceeded to inform me that whatever I ordered today would take 4-12 weeks for delivery. This critical detail should have been disclosed to me YESTERDAY when I made my initial call into Hartford, not after I already sent in my $25K wire with the expectation of my order being processed in a much quicker timeline than that.

Tyler made no mention of Hartford's fulfillment timeline when we spoke yesterday, and if he did, I promise you that I would NOT have ordered through Hartford and went with another provider. These coins I ordered were intended for my son and daughter's birthday and due to Hartford's excessively long fulfillment timeline, my kids will not be receiving these coins on their birthdays. Instead, Tyler quickly brushed over this critical detail as he read his scripts, until I questioned him the delivery timeline. Instead of Tyler acknowledging this error, he quickly backtracked and went through a litany of industry standards and personal rebuttals that were quite offensive. While he was making these statements, he began chuckling on several instances which were condescending and inappropriate. He came across like I am idiot and should know how his company operates and how the industry operates.

When I asked Tyler why he was chuckling as to why I needed to comply with his recommendation of treating the transaction is if the "metals were in my hands" and that I needed to wait an excessively long time for the metals to arrive "in my safe", he continued defending himself. When I told Tyler that he should have disclosed his fulfillment timelines to me BEFORE I wired my money in, and that it was inappropriate to giggle at my concerns, it was that time I asked to have my funds returned.

After I hung up with Tyler, I realized this is probably his style of selling and he was not going to change how he comes across to potential clients and I did not want to pay for 3 wire fees (the wire to Hartford, the wire back from Hartford, and the wire going out again to another provider) and have my funds go from bank to bank.

I just wanted to finish the transaction and hopefully speak to another representative who can clarify things more fully, and was more upfront in Hartford's policies. So when Tyler called me back to confirm the refund, I demanded to speak with someone else who was more clear and not so condescending. He put me in touch with Danial, and Daniel was great to speak with, clear, concise, and spoke to me principal to principal in a courteous fashion. I consummated the order with the Daniel, and I appreciated how Daniel spoke to me and the incentives he offered. If it was not for Daniel's conversation, I would have followed through with the wire refund, and went with another provider.

Hi Terrence,
    On behalf of American Hartford Gold and everything we stand for, we sincerely apologize for your experience.

This is not the type of situation we would want any of our clients to experience and we appreciate your feedback. We will take the necessary actions to make sure this does not happen again.

We are glad that Daniel was able to be of assistance and accommodate all of your needs. I will let him know you were happy with his efforts.

Again, we apologize for your experience and we appreciate the time you took to bring this to our attention.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

All I wanted was the free silver coin I saw advertised. I’ve decided instead, after speaking with a fairly intelligent representative to open a Gold and Silver IRA with AHG in order to preserve the value of some more of my investment. There’s also a bit of pirate in me that likes the idea of having a semi hidden treasure chest. I’m grateful for Daniel **, the knowledgeable representative that helped me think this decision through, and feel confident that I’ve made a wise choice.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Todd!
    I will be sure to pass your comments on to Daniel and let him know that you are satisfied with his efforts.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

As a first time investor I was fortunate to get the assistance of a kind and knowledgeable investment counselor in metals. I wanted to protect what I had saved in the best way possible. My experience was beyond what I expected.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for the review, Olive!

We enjoyed being of service to you and we hope to assist you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

Purchasing metals from AHG was so stressfree. All of my questions were addressed immediately and with a wealth of knowledge. The pricing was fair and their recommendations for diversifying the purchase was so helpful. I will recommend these guys to all my friends and family.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you so much for your review, Jennifer!
    We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with our services.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything further, and thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a kind review!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

This is my first experience purchasing gold & silver and I really didn't know what to expect. I really appreciate Kelvin's help in choosing the right mix of precious metals for my portfolio. I believe he really has my interest at heart! Also, Johanna responded very fast with a follow up call to confirm the metals that were chosen for my account. Both Johanna and Kelvin helped me to feel comfortable through the process. They confirmed to me that I am with the right choice doing business with American Hartford Gold. I look forward to working with you guys in the future!

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for such positive feedback, David!
    I've passed your comments on to Kelvin and Johanna and let them know how pleased you are with their efforts.

We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Appreciated everyone who dealt with me in the process of conducting business, were very informative in explaining the process and what I needed to do. Converting my work IRA into Gold IRA, then having to convert a traditional IRA into a Roth IRA. This process took time but everyone was patient with me as I tried to understand the process. Thank you all for your support.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your positive feedback, Brian!

We appreciate your continued business with American Hartford Gold and we look forward to working with you again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

First time buying gold and silver. Looked at several companies before choosing Hartford Gold. Both BJ ** and Thomas ** were both helpful in helping me to make my my decisions on what products to choose. I recommend this company highly. I feel they are upfront and honest in their dealings. Brent F.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for such positive feedback. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and we are happy you had a good experience. I have passed your comments on to BJ and Thomas and let them both know how pleased you are with their efforts. We hope to work with you again soon!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

When dealing with this company you can be rest assured that they will walk you through the process with an overabundance of clarity to ensure you understand what is happening. I to work in customer service and was truly amazed at their support, friendliness, knowledge and thoroughness.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review! We're pleased to know that your experience with us was a good one, Dawn! Thank you for your continued business. Your kind words are greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

The whole buying experience with HGG was very satisfactory. Daniel helped me to buy exactly what I needed and it was a pleasure doing business with him. Would recommend HGG to anyone interested in buying precious metals. They come through with the goods.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for such positive feedback!

I have passed your comments on to Daniel and let him know how pleased you are with his efforts! We hope to work with you again!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Ron representing the Hartford group was very knowledgeable and helpful in the many choices there are to purchase gold and silver and the rest of his group followed through with everything they had promised - THANK YOU Ron -

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your positive review, Keith! I've passed on your comments to Ron and let him know how pleased you are with his efforts. We hope to work with you again, soon!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

We could not be more satisfied with the service American Hartford Gold Group provided. Bill's team was patient, knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. They really LISTEN to the customer & work to meet the exact needs. We will call them again! Thank you

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lisa. I will make sure to pass this on to Bill and his team. We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Our experience was good. Our bank, Chase, was the entity that slowed down the process. The employees on your end were prompt! When working with Ron he was able to answer questions and explain how the process would work.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

We are so happy that you had a positive experience. I will pass on your kind words to Ron. We appreciate the great review and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Working with Ron when transferring a portion of my IRA to a purchase of gold was easy. He had the patience to answer questions and provide information. The complete process was quick and easy. He did the work necessary to complete the transaction.

Hi Betty,
    Thank you for your positive feedback. I will let Ron know that you were pleased with his efforts.

We appreciate your continued business and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Thank you for making the process so easy. I recently rolled some funds from my 401K to gold and silver. I have always been nervous about doing this, but knew it needed to be done. The process was easy and quick. Machi, Michael and Adrianna were very polite and helpful thru the whole process. I just recommended them to my best friend.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you so much for your positive review, Rocky! I will pass your feedback on to Machi, Michael, and Adrianna.

We appreciate your continued business and thank you for the referral!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I began my relationship with American Hartford Gold with a leap of faith (and due diligence) and I am not disappointed one bit. American Hartford Gold's team members are extremely professional, responsive and reassuring. I feel confident in my relationship with each of the team members and know that I will get a quick response back any time I want to reach them. I highly recommend this company. I appreciate their outstanding customer service.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Paula! We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services. Please let us know if we can help you with anything in the future. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to leave us this kind review!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

It was my pleasure to work with Ron and Kyle who were very knowledgeable and helpful in guiding me through my first metals purchase. All calls and questions were answered promptly. I highly recommend Ron, Kyle and AHG.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for such positive feedback, Sharon. We wish you the best and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I have been dealing with Ron for several years now and he and I, I feel, are friends. He is very easy to work with and I enjoy our conversations. He is never pushy or in a hurry. I look forward to us continuing with our relationship.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your kind words, Dixie. I will pass along your positive feedback to Ron. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

If you have a 401k from a previous employer, you should consider converting that cash to precious metals. This is what I did after learning about American Hartford Gold from Roman at the Epoch Times. The staff at AMG are superb professionals that meet you where you are and provide all the information you need. Ask for BJ or Machi and you will not be disappointed!

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Kris! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. We appreciate your continued business and we look forward to working with you again, soon!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Ron is professional, clear and concise in his explanation regarding questions and alternative options available. Ron has been very helpful and available; moreover he is confident and reassuring in helping in explaining options that are available.

American Hartford Gold response

We're pleased to know that your experience with us was seamless and helpful, Laura. Thank you for your continued business and your positive review!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I was VERY impressed by Ron's patience, knowledge and his willingness to educate me. He answered all my questions, sent me information, then answered more questions. We spoke many times - no pressure. Ron gained my confidence and together we selected the gold and silver coins that would be the best value for me. I am very pleased with my purchases and recommend Ron to my friends and my family.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your kind review, Rose! I will pass on your comments to Ron and I will let him know you are happy with his efforts. Thanks again for your continued business and trust in American Hartford Gold.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

American Hartford Gold was highly recommended by Roman at Epoch Times and they met or exceeded every expectation! Machi **, B J ** & Briana all listened & answered every need or concern knowledgeably and efficiently. I am relieved to now have my IRA accounts backed by the "silver & gold" I have longed to acquire for years, that God calls his own in the bible!

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Merry! I will make sure that the team that assisted you know how pleased you are with their efforts. We appreciate your continued business with American Hartford Gold.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I have been working with William ** and Joe ** at American Hartford Gold for the past six months trying to explore investment strategies in this unsteady economy. Both Bill and Joe were excellent advisors taking time to explain all of the pros and cons of investing in precious metals. They were knowledgeable and patient while helping me to make my decisions. I felt no pressure at any time and I really felt like these guys were trustworthy. My portfolio is looking great and I would 100% recommend American Hartford Gold and Joe and Bill to help with your precious metal transactions.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I found the people at American Hartford Gold to be highly knowledgeable and efficient. I was impressed at how fast they called me back each time. They made the process of investing smooth and seamless. I felt that Machi really listened to me and took my needs and situation into account. I did not feel rushed or pushed at all. I felt very comfortable working with them. I absolutely recommend them to anyone wanting to invest.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Machi is a joy to work with, and is very knowledgeable. He has been excellent at providing News articles and keeping us informed at the status and shipment of our order. He is never too busy to answer questions and get back to you. This is our first investment with American Hartford Gold and we are so glad we found the right company to invest to protect our investment. Gary and Chris

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Adam is very knowledgeable and has been very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to help me set this account up. He keeps in touch to let me know all about the process. I am happy to recommend Adam and AHG to my friends and relatives!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

After calling other Gold companies, I met Ron with American Hartford. He was more helpful than any other person I connected with to date. He has educated me, was extremely patient with all of my questions and new understandings, and he has provided excellent service. Ron is very fast to respond to any email questions and is a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn't want to work with anyone else.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

American Hartford Gold has been great to work with. Their staff is very friendly and competent. They were able to move my various accounts into one precious metals account within a couple of days. So happy that I went with them!

American Hartford Gold Company Information