toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband had started buying gold and then I continued doing this off and on. It's a savings program for me, something that I might need in the future. I already had a gold collection and hopefully it's value will increase a little bit through the years. I was used to buying online through Money Metals and I found out that Hartford Gold actually sells to Money Metals. I contacted Hartford to determine if I had reportable coins in my collection, which was a concern that I needed to do something about. I've been dealing with them every week or everyday for a while. David was the head person who took care of everything. I had very good input and output, and my questions were answered. They’re very experienced, knowledgeable and understanding, and their guidance was professionally done, and everything was done promptly and very efficiently. My experience with Hartford has been very satisfactory, informative and fair.

I was doing a research on investing in gold or silver and putting in the data in the computer when Max, one of the associates from Hartford, gave me a call. I’ve heard of Hartford Group as the name sounded familiar. Max was adamant and persistent although I don’t have a great experience in investing. That’s how I started doing business with Hartford. I was telling the young man that I have some investment into lower debt retirement funds that are mutual funds through the company and that I did want to get diversified. Last week, I had a conversation and I wanted to get some more explanation on how the firms were doing. So far, so good and the rest, we’ll find out. I enjoyed talking to them. Great people, great experience.

I wanted something substantial in my investments. I'm retired and I planned on investing some of the money that I got from my 401(k). I have some stock and I spend a lot of time on the stock market. But I wanted to have a backup so I went into metal and it was good. I looked through my emails and searched metal topics. Hartford Gold was a nice group and I got a response from a young man from that group. Most of the time, I talked to one guy, Jason, and we got along good and helped me as much as he could.

I talked to several outfits and I've had questions. When I was buying metals that I don't know much about, I had a hard time understanding where the value came from when the investors were buying coins because they were not buying these for the spot prices. But Jason explained to me as best he could where the value came from. So far, I'm happy with what I've got. I've recommended The Hartford Gold Group to my son who has a lot more money than I do. He has some intentions to invest in metal, too, and he called and talked to Jason. He's smarter than I am, so if I haven't asked the question, he certainly will.

I have purchased metals to protect my IRA and with the size of it I was trying to put it in a place so that it would be protected. I contacted Hartford Gold to see what the cost of buying some coins was and what I could do about it. Once he understood what I was trying to do he gave me some options. The rep was very helpful and informative so I went ahead and purchased some silver. I would use them again if I wanted some more.

I wanted to convert my retirement account into metals and after checking about Hartford Gold Group, I decided that they were a good company. It was a positive experience with their team and they listened to me and helped me figure out what I wanted to do and the choices that I made. I would recommend the people that I worked with and I'm assuming that my good experience is a standard for their company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford Gold Group?

I wanted to have a little bit more information about the possibility of using gold as an IRA tool. I exclusively spoke with the team from Hartford and they were informative. They’ve answered all questions to my satisfaction. Whatever information that they gave me, I could look online to confirm that that was exactly what was happening historically or happening now. They were sometimes late and it’s hard to get to them from my end. But you could leave a message and they'd get back to you in time. They were very professional. It was scary to try to decide, “Do I want to do this investment or not?” But they walk you through that and help you make sure that, “Yeah, this is the right decision.”

Hartford has been professional and they did what they said they would do. They didn’t overpromise or underdeliver. We received excellent guidance from them as far as the details, though we didn’t need a lot of guidance because we already knew what we were going to do. Overall, they’ve been very good and we were pleased.

I was not necessarily looking as much to invest because I've managed to gain my retirement money twice and lose it twice in situations that unfortunately came up but I just want to make sure my family’s covered in case something goes south. I had been doing business with several others and the gentleman I spoke with told me that I could do business with Hartford Gold Group at a minimum of $1,500. However, when I got someone on the phone, he told me that they do not do business below $5000. I told him that I have just been out of the hospital and I did not have $5,000 to invest in gold or silver at that time so he helped me out. I wanted to start in investing gold, but he suggested silver in various forms and that's what I did. He was a nice enough guy and his reasoning made some sense so I went ahead and did that for him. He called me the other day just to see how things were going.

The Hartford Gold Group team was perfectly pleasant and answered questions. When I asked stupid questions, they didn’t make me feel like one. The interaction with them was up to my standards. However, I've gone from being in business and having that kind of money laying around to do it with to being out of business. Now, I'm getting disability and it just doesn’t pay like it used to, so I'm looking for other things to make money. But overall, I've had a very satisfactory experience with them.

Hartford was very pleasant to work with and they seemed to know what they were talking about and made everything go pretty smooth. They informed me of everything I needed to know when I made the transaction and what to do. There wasn’t any stress in doing this transaction and overall experience was good.

I was interested in buying gold or silver and the gentleman I dealt with at The Hartford Gold Group was very knowledgeable. For the first part I was looking at gold but he suggested that I should try silver first. Hartford was more interested in me making a good investment than just selling me a product.

I worked with Alex and Arthur of The Hartford Gold Group and it’s been a great and easy experience. Arthur called me up when I was just thinking about it. I do business with Hartford on other stuff and I've always had good service from them, so I just decided to do it. It wasn’t a real calculated thing where I did a market survey of everybody because there are so many ads but Arthur seemed like a good guy. He's been on the mark and I've been meaning to call him up and see what he has going on. He's easy to get a hold of when you call him up and answers your questions. He’s all I'm looking for. This is money that had been sitting around forever and I might as well do something with it.

There was a time where I was thinking to put eggs in some other basket. So I changed some of my money from the stock market to coins. I explored and called half a dozen of those gold joints and the only one that responded to my inquiry and showed interest in my business was Hartford Gold Group. It was my first buying experience and their people were helpful, mainly a guy named Max and his assistant. Their customer service was extremely friendly as well. I'm very satisfied with the selling services and the delivery worked very well. People did what they said in the time they would and the guidance I got was satisfactory. They kept the promise they made.

Hartford Gold has nicer people to work with and it's really a good, safe feeling. I received good guidance and they're very experienced. I enjoyed all the experience talking to their good people about different things.

In this state of the United States, I know that somewhere down the line, I better do something to have a reserve that I don’t have or didn’t have at the time. This precious metal investment was something I wanted as a backup when it all comes down and if they decide to take the money. At least I have something to fall back on. So I contacted Hartford Gold Group and everything went well.

The guy that I dealt with was thorough about what he thought would be a good investment for me and described what it was, for the money that I had and what I could get for it. I was happy with what I received and his participation in this thing was smooth for me. He predicted what we were gonna do, when I would receive it and what they were gonna do to get it to me. It was a very smooth and easy enough transaction all the way through. If I had a question, they answered it and everybody was helpful. Also, I received my purchase right when they said it would. I'm very happy with what happened and they're a good company to work with.

I was interested in silver coin and saw The Hartford Gold Group on the internet and contacted them. Their team was good and I decide what I want whenever I call them. However I have problems with the price of silver now, it’s been going down lately. But that’s life. Overall, I have no complaints with Hartford's service and I'd recommend them.

I figured that the stock market is going up and up, and eventually, it has to come down. When it does, the gold’s going to take over so I decided to get into gold. We looked at Hartford and another company, and we invested in both companies. I've had a good response from Hartford and they wanted us to go into silver so we did one in gold and one in silver.

I've invested twice in two different companies and I just wanted to buy more than what I already had. And I've been hearing about Hartford almost ever since I was born so I didn't have a problem investing with them. I’ve been keeping up with them for a few years before I started buying. I chose silver because gold’s really expensive. And I’ll take a chance of losing my last money on silver than on gold because I don’t have a lot of money and I’m semi-retired.

I haven't seen any return yet at this point, but I'm not blaming Hartford. It's just that we got a new president and the stock market keeps going up. And it seems like every time the stock market goes down, gold and silver goes up. My experience in dealing with their representatives has been fine. I've had a lot of problems with a lot of people in my life, but with Hartford, everything seems good. I just want silver to go up.

I contacted Hartford and Birch and Hartford got back to me immediately. I had already bought gold and had it delivered by the time the Birch people got back to me. The people at Hartford seemed to be on the ball and somebody recommended it as well. I had bought some gold and silver twice from them and anytime I had a question, they would get back to me right away. Their guidance was excellent because I didn’t really know about the commemorative one. I looked it up and they hold it even a little bit higher value than the face value so, that was kind of fun. They were excellent, the service was very good and I would use them again.

I was working with another company and I wanted to compare so I went with Hartford Gold. Their customer service was excellent. I dealt with Jonathan and he has a talent in making people believe him.

The people from Hartford Gold Group that I have dealt with were very courteous, and gave good information. I was interested in improving my holdings so I contacted Hartford Gold Group and told them how much I was interested in investing. They made recommendations on what to select and what was available. I then made an initial purchase of $30,000 of gold and silver and everything went perfect. We made the transaction and I received everything. Now, I’m fixing to make another purchase of about $135,000. I’m waiting to get access to the funds for my next purchase and as soon as those are available, I’ll be making that purchase. They’ve certainly earned my trust and I’d recommend them any minute.

I was looking for somebody that could assist me in the process of rolling over my 401k plan. I’ve been thinking about precious metal investments for a long time now because I’ve been hearing about its many possibilities of money, as well as the stock market going down. I wanted to put my investment in something more secure. I know nothing about anything, so I made a couple of inquiries and Hartford Gold Group responded to my inquiry. Mary, the one who contacted me and gave me some information, has helped a lot and the guy I initially spoke to helped me and got me started. He was the main guy that walked me through and got the money transferred from principal to roll it over to the SDIRA. It was very quick, in fact, we got on the phone, three-way call with the principal and we got it done in 30 minutes. He knew what he was doing and I was really impressed with that.

I have no problem at all with any of the services I received. It was a very nice experience. Yesterday, I spoke to Mary after getting online with the SDIRA and looking at different categories and options of the investment. I didn't know what I was looking at, so I told her that there seems to be a discrepancy between the amount I spent and what they are saying is my value. I asked her how to read the information because it was not right. She called another guy to walk me through what the categories meant and how the actual monetary value of gold and silver is valued. He also explained that the value that shows in one category was the value of the metals melted down, and the other column was the value of the metal in the coin form, if that’s the proper terminology. There was a big difference, and that helped me a lot. It eased my mind about the value of the property I bought. It was a very nice experience and I would recommend them.

I'm satisfied in using Hartford Gold Group. Something struck me on their advertisement about beating everybody's prices. They ended up selling me a thing that's unique to them or I can't compare the prices. I spoke to Al originally. He was great and he put me in touch with some other guy who told me everything that was about the product I bought. It was more of a buy-and-hold product. I had actually sent the money in advance so they're pretty confident how we're going to spend it. Overall, I'd recommend them.

A while back I was contemplating on gold and silver and I felt it would be good to start getting something that's more tangible and as dollar fluctuates then the profits will increase. There were several different groups or companies that I talked to. I saved contacts on my phone directory and when I called back it was the Hartford Gold Group.

I’m very satisfied with the product they got and Carl was great to work with. We talked about how the difference in what the ratio of silver to gold was a short time ago and to what it is now which led me to believe that silver in all mines are going to move. I liked the information I got from Carl. He's got a great personality and very informative. I believe he's leading me in the right direction. He showed me some excellent progress and he has your best interest in mind. He was very professional. I would recommend The Hartford Gold Group to other people because the experience I've had was all positive. They handled themselves professionally and made me feel comfortable. And it is really good with the decision on spending money on gold and silver.

About a month ago, I invested on metals with Hartford Gold. They're close to home and I can drive up there and get it, but their delivery was good too. Their people are very courteous. I'm an old man and I'm hard to put up with, but everybody I talked to was nice. Overall, I am well-satisfied with the transaction.

The transition with Hartford Gold was painless and there were no hiccups. It all went down the way that Paul, the person taking care of my account, told me it was going to go. My only regret was that I had to sell three stocks out of the IRA. I made a lot of money, but it’s going to hurt me on taxes next year. Also, the only negative part was that issue with the equities. I got my first quarterly statement, and I did my RMD out of the IRA when it was in the portfolio with LPL. So, I don’t have to take anything out of Hartford this year. I could wait until next year.

I sat down on the telephone conference with my adviser from Hartford, and we did the purchase of the gold and silver in my IRA account together. I had to convert the equity to cash because there were no gold and silver IRA companies. There’s a lot of them out there, but they don’t want equity. They want cash, so I didn’t have any choice. My portfolio has been doing really well in the last seven months, but so did the stock market. I still got a portfolio with LPL and I wanted to diversify to another portfolio. I was pleased with Hartford Gold. It's a smaller company and I’ve already had a couple of phone conversations with Paul, who gave me his cell phone number right away so that was positive. He told me to call him anytime I had a question or concern. I did my homework before and I decided to do this about a year ago. Some of the other companies are much bigger but I did some research and the Better Business Bureau gives Hartford Gold a high rating.

I went to their website and looked into what all they had to say and do. I talked to Brett and Blake and I like their approach and the way of bringing themselves straightforward. Their honesty and integrity was just good. I'm satisfied with the Hartford Gold Group and I recommend them to anybody.

I didn't like the way the stock market was way over inflated and I've lost my savings a couple of times with the first savings plan with the US government. I can't afford to do that again, so I decided to contact Hartford Gold. I bought gold and received them in about two weeks. That was after getting through the first savings plan. With the first savings plan, it took three weeks to change anything. The third savings plan took about a month. I've been talking to Hartford Gold for almost a year and they made the most sense. Investing with them is a lot safer. I'm 65 and retired. I needed to take out some trust and that was not an issue, so I'm pretty happy. Overall, it was a very good experience and I learned a few things. I'd recommended Hartford to a friend.

I started talking to Hartford Gold Group in March and they were great. I almost felt like I was talking to a friend. I spoke to a young man and then he transferred me to his senior adviser. Both of them were really great and I ended up getting my silver after a couple of weeks making a transaction. It was beautiful and I felt like they gave me a good deal. The guys were really thorough and gave me the correct instructions on how to do a wire transfer. They were very nice, polite and patient because it took me a long time to make up my mind.

Close to over a month ago, they wanted me to send an email relating my opinion, which I did. Somehow I got in to a survey and I did that. I was supposed to get one silver coin as a reward for participating and that has not shown up yet. The rep said it would take a little bit longer because the survey didn’t respond quite as quickly. If I don’t get it the next couple of weeks, I’ll give them a call and ask about it.

It was a good experience with Hartford Gold. Their rep was very sincere but yet enthusiastic about the product. I checked several others and it just was a good feeling with Hartford. They gave me the terms of buy back, etc, and everything that the rep said was something that I could live with. He strongly recommended silver and we've been thinking that, too. We very much enjoyed the one that comes with a five ounce circular coins. I looked at it so many times and it's very pretty. My granddaughter and her husband got the gift and they were very pleased. We intend to buy from Hartford Gold again. We went in with $11000 and the rep told us we can buy in smaller quantities now so that sounded good. Our plan is to use the silver for birthdays and anniversaries as gifts. I do recommend Hartford Gold. The only thing was the wiring through the bank seemed a long time before we got it. It wasn't that long though and it met our needs.

I looked up Hartford Gold and I liked it. I had a few interactions with their team since I didn’t know anything about Gold. I did a little calling and asking and then they would call me months later. We dragged through that until I opened an account with them. They were very pleasant and very knowledgeable. My main question was about getting it over into a Gold IRA and they were helpful about how that works and what would that be like. Eventually, that's what I did.

I also received great guidance from them. The guy I talked to stayed with me through any set of questions that I had. I talked to about five different companies over the past months and I got to the point where they wanted to sell but I wasn’t ready yet. They also asked me who else I was talking to because there was not many of them in the business and they seemed to know each other. But I appreciated that Hartford Gold had nothing to say about its competitors. It was a very good experience with them all the way around.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Profile