4.54/5
  • 1 star
Based on 141 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 2, 2018

141 The Hartford Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I wanted to diversify my portfolio and Hartford Gold Group seemed to be a very good company. Arthur, the guy I spoke to, was very good and nice. He helped me through the transition to transfer the money to where it is held. It was weird for me to do something like that as I don't normally do this kind of thing, but I trusted him. He talked to me about gold and silver bullion and it made sense at the time. He also talked to my husband and explained a lot of things. In addition, his customer service is good and I know that I can always call anytime.

I’ve talked to him several times since then and he’s done a lot of follow-ups. He wants me to invest more, but I don’t have the means to. I know that I can’t sell it through the people that are holding it and that I have to call Arthur or some other retailer to sell it. I would then get retail value at that time. I pay 175 a year to store it, which is a lot of money. Instead of it sitting in a building out there somewhere, my husband wants it here at our house, which we know we can do. Hopefully, I did the right thing and that the gold keeps going up, though I have been told that gold and silver have been going up since I purchased. Hartford is very honest and Arthur knows his business.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

The rep from Hartford Gold Group called me several times and he was just a better salesmen than I was a resistor. It was a long distance interaction and the rep that called me introduced me to the guy who worked with me. He answered all my questions and had what I wanted. I always think that I would have made a difference choice but he was so good and a bit persuasive. We discussed the options and we went where he wanted and the conversation was good and he had patience. The advice he gave me on what we got and how he set it up was satisfactory to me.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My experience with Hartford Gold Group was very nice. I was very open with what I was interested to do and how I was limited in investing and Brett, the gentleman I dealt with, understood. We worked that out and it all went through. He was very knowledgeable and professional. It’s just good business with Hartford Gold Group and there was no pressure.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I decided to do another investment instead of putting all my money in the bank by buying several dollars’ worth of uncirculated silver half dollars from Hartford Gold. The reps were all kind and answered my questions. I also got what we talked about in order. I was more for the uncirculated silver dollars but I got the impression later on that they were selling me what they needed to sell instead of what was a really good investment. They didn’t have any other suggestions about what would be better and how much I should be getting. I felt I was used, but they did want to make sure that I didn’t have over 30% of my state in the silver.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Hartford Gold Group is outstanding. They were a good reputable company to do business with. Everything went very smoothly. I got in touch with them and I got the gold I wanted. It was then delivered to me and in a safe place right now. When the time came to do my IRA, I have gotten in touch with a man who has been very helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

After I responded to something in the civil service newsletter I received in the email at work, somebody from Hartford Gold Group called and we started talking. At that time, I was looking at diversifying investments and Hartford was the only company I talked to. They were persistent, which was good as I completely forget about things. They seem knowledgeable and tried to explain the best they could for somebody who didn’t know anything about precious metal investment. They were also very courteous, pleasant, passionate and helpful. Also, I can go over all my stuff on the website since I haven’t had the spare time to call them, but I don't feel I'd be bothering anybody if I were to call them. They're easy to talk with and they call back when they said they would.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I called different companies and talked to them. I originally started with Gold Coast. They wanted me to sign up with them and wanted me to take out just all silver and they were bothering me. I didn't have a good feeling about them. Hartford Gold Group called me and we talked several times before because I rolled over some of my IRA money. There were two men who helped and they made sure everything was in order for me to have my account opened.

On the other hand, there were some of the back and forth with the current one where I have my account. They didn't send something correctly. David was figuring out what would work out and get it taken care of. I had to go to the bank and I had to get something notarized. My bank took care of everything, sent everything to him and copy the driver's license. There were a couple of times that the main guy that I dealt with put me on hold and then he would come back and talk to me. He had another call to take.

There was another girl, Jessica, who called and emailed me to make sure David and everybody followed up with me. She wanted to be sure that I felt comfortable that they talk to me and everything was okay. So, it was good that I had another someone I could talk to if I needed to. When I decided to take on my RMD, David ran over the money, what I would need and everything to record but I changed some of that myself. I figured I'd probably do what he told me and then I figured I'd change it myself between gold and silver when I wanted. They were customer-oriented.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I'm 71 and I converted a lot of my money ahead in retirement to gold and silver based on what I thought the economy was going to do. Hartford Gold had a good deal and I had the opportunity to buy a monster box of silver coins. They were real courteous and helpful. They calmed my fears about sending somebody I didn't know specifically about $10,000 before I even got it. I also bought some gold coins and silver bars. From time to time they would also call me to ask if I want to buy a particular coin that they have a special on.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

The Hartford Gold Group was very good. They're very nice and good people. They're very knowledgeable because I talked to them for quite a long time. They tell me everything and I tell them everything and that was good.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have had good luck with Hartford Gold Group and I have used them to purchase bullions. They are nice, real and they take care of me and give me good deals. I got hold of a senior adviser and a couple months after making me one deal, he called and offered me some coins at the same price as before. He didn’t have to do that but he did and it felt nice. They called many times and I just did all the trades that I wanted to do. They have told me what they felt like the market was and not much else.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I had an IRA with Hartford from a previous employer and I was asked if I would like to take advantage of a loophole in the rule on TSP to transfer it to gold. I transferred $100,000 from my TSP funds into gold and silver, but I didn't hear anything back from them for a long time. My wife and daughter passed away so I'm on the road. I was looking for a place to live in Florida close to where my granddaughter is going to go to college, and I found a small apartment. I called my advocate and asked him to sell off some of the silver. He said that was not a good idea right now, that I would lose too much money and he didn't want to do it, so I waited a couple of days, called back and he didn't answer the phone, but someone else answered.

I was told my advocate got fired the other day and he was no longer with the company. The rep asked why I called and I said I found a place to live and I needed a security deposit. Hartford immediately worked on transferring the assets into my bank account a week ago. They used another company called Strata in between somewhere and Strata was waiting for something from Hartford before they would send the money to my savings account directly. I'm starting to worry and they said it would take them two days to do that, but they hadn't heard anything back from Hartford by Friday and it's two business days.

I've got a couple more hours before it'll be almost a week since I tried to transfer the funds and I have until Friday to get back to the real estate guy and give him the deposit. Hartford should stay in contact and build a relationship with the customers, not just try to sell them off, get them to invest their money and then scram up. They need to maintain a conversation going with the customers. However, the second guy that was appointed to me as advocate did a very good job of trying to get everything done right away. Also, I started getting lots of emails giving me information, including current gold and silver rates, etc., so everything seems to be working well now that I have a new advocate.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I am satisfied with Hartford Gold Group. I'm 82 years old and Hartford's been around for a long time. They're a substantial company and I trusted that they are. Their team has been very friendly and helpful but the guidance I received from them was average. I expected the guardianship to be within my IRA account and it was not. It wasn't explained to me how it worked with an IRA and I didn't know how to get the part about distribution information. But they came through with it and they contacted me directly so everything is okay. They need to work on the IRA accounts that are in the direct control of the owner and be a little more explicit about how the silver, gold, or the metals will be handled.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I made one purchase with Hartford Gold and I've been holding onto it ever since. I found them on the internet and made contact as I was interested in buying some gold and silver, and their rates were lower. I talked to one of the reps and he had a professional attitude.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I wanted to diversify my investments and decided to get in touch with Hartford Gold. My interactions with their team were all positive. They answered my questions and explained everything to me. They didn’t try to pressure me, didn't educate me on the stock market like some of the others did and they didn't talk down to me. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I wanted to buy gold and the Hartford rep was convincing. They have been very professional and my experience has been very positive. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I was looking for a gold IRA and I’ve looked at a couple different places. The people that I spoke to at Hartford Gold seemed to know what they were doing, and the experience was smooth and straightforward. I did my business two years ago and I’m pretty much finished with them. What they said they were going to do for me, they did for me. Plus the price they quoted it was going to be, they charged me.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Hartford Gold had the best deal that I could find. Their reps have been upfront with me and they answered the questions I have. They've guided me mainly on gold prices and gold coins. But I wish there was a little more communication regarding current information. Other than that, I'm satisfied with them.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I've been with Hartford Gold Group for four or five years. We talked to their representative who was very good and very personable then we decided to go with them and transferred all money that we could into gold. Everyone who's ever contacted us had been very personable and we felt comfortable with speaking with them. There was a woman last time who called to check on us and it's always been very pleasant. It's a good thing to switch to gold and silver and it feels comfortable knowing that we have some. We're pleased.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I researched gold for several years before I decided to invest. I found Hartford Gold a little over a year ago when I bought some gold from them. After I found them, I researched some other groups and came back to them. I was diversifying my investments and Hartford Gold seemed more honest and I got a better deal with them than I did in some of the other companies. Their reps kept pretty good records and knew what they were talking about. They seemed very helpful. I told them what I wanted and they did that. However, they took quite a while to mail stuff out. It took about a month for both times but they’re pretty organized and they made it very easy for me to send the money and organized that part to get going.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Hartford Gold only told us about getting fees after we agreed to it. We talked to them about four times before we took the money there so they have to agree to it. The rep said, “Earliest cover the first year.” I told him my fees and then, “By the way, you got this and you got this.” I certainly told him to stick it. There was a $100 a year account fee and $175 a year storage fee. Their rep said, “It was taken care of for the first year.” That was the final call after we agreed to it. We still got their stock. It is there and we’re paying the damn fees every year because the rep lied.

About two days after we put this money in there, they come out with a deal where they'll give me up to $1,500 in free coins if I invest with them. I called back and said, “Wait a minute. How come we didn’t get that?” “Well, it wasn’t in effect at that time.” I said, “It’s still a freebie that’s good today. Why wasn’t it good two days ago?” After a couple of phone calls, we finally agreed to it. Hartford shouldn't lie to customers.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I was trying to diversify investments and I was curious about The Hartford Gold. I thought they might be a good precious metal investment company. I spoke to somebody who was knowledgeable about everything that I asked. He was very professional and I’m satisfied with the guidance I received from the reps. They were also helpful with everything that I have had with them. I’d recommend Hartford to friends and I’d tell them to check it out and see how they’ll like it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I made a straight out purchase from The Hartford Gold Group and they took care of business like any good company ought to. I transferred some money to the account, and they FedExed the silver to me. The team at Hartford was courteous and everything went as smooth as silk. I got what I wanted and they got what they needed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I wanted to set up a self-directed IRA in gold and Hartford Gold offered that service. They seem to have a better selection of gold products that I could roll into. I’ve talked to several of their salespeople and they were very friendly, very helpful, and knowledgeable. I’ve talked to the woman that prepared the shipment and furnished the correct documents to me. Their guidance really worked out well and they were very timely in getting all documents to me for signatures and explaining any questions I had on them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Hartford Gold Group was the best one to do what I needed to be done. After talking with their sales people, I really enjoyed the experience. It was very good. Adam, the one who helped me, was very knowledgeable in many different ways as far as the investments go. He was also able to answer my questions directly. He laid out the timeline and how it's going to happen, and it happened exactly how he said. I ended up wiring money and he said, "Wire the money this day. We will call you this day. We will confirm what you want to buy and how you want to buy it. And then somebody else will do this and confirm the order and the order will be placed and then it will be shipped. And then this is the carrier and we'll give you the tracking number," and everything he laid out happened exactly that way.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had a couple of issues one time with the Hartford Gold customer service. My first account manager seemed overworked, not very patient and nice. At times, he was even a little bit angry. But I’m working with somebody else now and the customer service seems to be getting better. I purchased coins and I don’t know what the value of my account is or how to look that up. I’d like to see that and it’s going to be happening soon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I called The Hartford Gold Group and they gave me good guidance, considering I didn’t know anything about investment. It was very good working with them and I made an investment a couple of months ago.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I was trying to do a little better than what I’ve been getting from companies that have been running 401. Hartford Gold Group seemed to be in line with other things that I’ve gotten on emails. Some of the other companies had more charges, too. I dealt mostly with Paul **, and he seemed to be an amiable and knowledgeable guy. And I decided to trust him because he seemed straightforward in his letters and also, he was a former marine. I made two purchases from Hartford totaling just short of $100,000.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Hartford’s well-known and I thought it must be a good company, so I went with them. Jonathan, the person I talked to, was knowledgeable, honest, and gave me a lot of information. Hopefully, what he said will pay off and by the time I’m ready to retire, I'll end up making more money on my metals than I would have on my money in the stock market.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I looked online at something to invest other than stock market and I came across Hartford Gold Group on the internet. I read reviews and they were the one I want to get into. My interaction with their team was really good. When I first started they explained everything. I went to a couple different guys and they were very informative and calmed my mind from taking money out of my 401k and switching over.

I wasn't really too sure cause there's so much scamming going around now but they convinced me to the point where I jumped in and got my feet wet. But when I go online I can't really find what my value is worth. I can get what gold is selling for but it doesn't really show the value of what I had purchased and my individual portfolio. It shows the shares. I have talked to them about it and they said they're working on that and they're going to get something out there shortly.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I've been buying bullion and silver from JM Bullion but I never got really an ad to make transfers. Then there was a Hartford Gold ad that came in on my email that I responded to and Jonathan called me. It was a matter of right time and right place. I was convinced at what I wanted to do so they didn't have to convince me of what to do. It was a matter of going through the process, emailing some paperwork back and forth between and giving my financial folks up in Spokane permission to do it. I've read all the brochures and the process was quick and easy. I was well satisfied and I have even had thoughts about increasing the amount that I've put in but I'm not ready to do that right now.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Information

800-462-0071
www.thehartfordgoldgroup.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use