Call toll free
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

American Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

The Hartford Gold Group Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 7, 2019

They closed down the stores that I worked at and I’ve got a 401(k) that’s sitting there. The stock market had been going down so I decided to move it over to something that’s more solid so I contacted The Hartford Gold Group. I love to go online. I love Hartford and I thought that when I was talking to them, they seemed like a better fit for me. They were friendly were really just trying to help. The guys were really nice. I had two different guys I spoke with and they explained what the processes were and how everything was gonna go. They asked me what I felt I was looking for. One of the guys was the same age as I was and so he was kinda giving me advice as far as how he was setting his up and that was what he would recommend. They talked to me about different options but they gave me the best advice.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was careful to study on my own about who I wanted to buy from and I looked at Hartford Gold Group and the reviews. The team was a very nice group and I met so many people on their team each time that I talked to them. I’m in Georgia and they’re in California. You can see a professional website which I was very impressed with but not know for sure if they are really who they say they are. The guy, Adam, that I initially talked to, didn’t wanna go as low as I wanted him to on the upcharge. I got all the information and I told him that I was looking for a price that had 60 cents or something above spot. He said that it was normally a dollar above spot for a coin. I told him that if wanted me to buy from him and if he ever got closer to 60, he should let me know. He called me back a couple of weeks later and he was gonna give me that offer because of what I planned on buying. I appreciated it.

We talked about it again and then, his team followed up with me. He had a team that prepares for the delivery to make sure that everything is safe. Adam was so busy but he had such a wonderful team that I didn’t need to speak to him personally. I did a several times and they were a super group. They were very knowledgeable and I liked how easy it was to go on their website to find out what spot price was that day. The product was exactly what we wanted or even better. When we finally received the delivery, everything was perfect. Adam mentioned that he would be happy if we refer someone else to him and I did. Then, they called me later and asked me what the number was again. So, they may end up purchasing some items from Hartford Gold Group as well. If they do, then I’m supposed to get a little something too. They were nice and I would definitely purchase from Hartford Gold Group again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I was a little worried about the bank confiscating my IRA, so I switched over and have it now with gold and silver. Subsequent to that, I also took one of my CDs that was renewing, and I purchased gold and silver for myself and maintain that in my big safe. I had two other precious metal investment companies that bugged me a lot and was not happy with. They kept calling with a different number all the time and that really upset me. But Hartford Gold has always been good. And I felt very comfortable with them right from the get-go.

The Hartford Gold team was not high pressure and they gave me plenty of time to think it over. They set me step-by-step on how I could have my IRA rollover and they were very thorough and explained everything to me, especially when I saw my first investment with the IRA. About $20,000 of it was a loss and they explained that the gold and silver was based on the melting rate and not the purchase rate, but that purchase rate for precious metals would be there and increase. And it's true. I've been seeing it increase.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My husband and I had a couple of IRAs that we wanted to roll over into metals and it worked out fine with Hartford Gold. First of all, with them I could make a phone call and get a human being without being routed through 40 different prompts. When we were setting everything up, their team was very pleasant and friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Then, if there were glitches, they made it right.

There were a couple of glitches in getting our IRAs rolled over from Fidelity. So, there was some time delay and it seemed to take longer than it needed to, like over a month before falling out into STRATA. That seemed to be the biggest problem, but they made it right overall and I’m happy. On their end, Hartford was prompt and knowledgeable in giving us guidance in making our investment decisions and once again the Fidelity people were the ones dragging. But we won’t know until we start taking money out. On the whole, though, our experience with Hartford Gold was great and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Hartford's ad on the internet looked very professional, so I contacted them and talked to a guy named Ted. It was extremely obvious that he was very well-versed in what was going on. He knew the market, and he was so confident about what he had. But he wasn’t pushy. Some of the salespeople wanna twist your arm to get a buy, buy, buy. Ted was a veritable gold mine of information. And with that information, there was no pressure to buy, sell, or do anything. My wife and I like to get the information, pray about it, and then make the decision.

Ted was the most professional, knowledgeable person I ever dealt with. I was impressed with his confidence. He didn’t speak so fast that was like a person that had one too many cappuccinos. Some people are like auctioneers. They got to get all to sell in just a blink of an eye, and it’s hard to understand them. But Ted spoke perfect in speed. I’m hard at hearing, but he was clear and easy to understand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The American Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

In 2016 I decided to diversify my 401K. I made the decision to add gold and silver bullion to my portfolio. So, I contacted the Hartford Gold Group. The sales rep I spoke to was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in helping me. I wanted bullion, but he started talking about buying coins and how I could avoid taxes, because only the melt weight value was taxable. This was true, however, what he did not say is that I could have bought exactly the same coins pretty much anywhere else for 40% less.

Yes it is not his job to recommend the competition, but when I reviewed my portfolio after the purchase I noticed that it was valued at the melt weight value. OK so I expected that, but when I changed my mind and tried to take advantage of their buyback guarantee I discovered that their offer was melt weight plus 10%. Which means that I would immediately lose at least 30% of the value of my investment. Whose is what I would have lost to taxes had I just taken the money out of my 401K, only now I will also lose 30% on top of the loss to the Hartford Gold Group, making my total loss almost 50% of my initial investment. Although this was entirely my fault for being so trusting and an expensive lesson to learn I can now warn others of the less than forthright actions of those we seek to help us. I strongly recommend that if the person you are talking to tried to get you to buy coins, HANG UP AND NEVER CALL THEM BACK AGAIN.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I researched on the internet and The Hartford was one of the top recommended companies to go with. I liked the rates as far as fees. The two guys I worked with were very helpful. They answered my questions. They gave very timely responses to my phone calls or questions and I was really happy with both of them. They also followed through with everything they said they would do, my little free coin and those kinds of things. I’m older, though and people talk a lot faster, and I would ask them to repeat things, and they would slow down. The gal that gave the information also talked way too fast. Other than that, I was very happy with them so I would certainly recommend them. It turned out to have been a good experience, worked out quite nicely, and I’d go back.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I'd been thinking about buying a little gold and silver for a while and Hartford was the convenient one that came along,. Plus Bill O'Reilly was on there, and I trust him. I didn’t know how to go about their service and I didn’t know anything about it, but the rep Adam was very patient and knowledgeable. He took all the time that I needed to help me understand. I still don’t quite understand all of it, but he helped me out a lot. I'm considering buying some more right now.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I took my IRA out and put it into Hartford's gold account. Thus far, everything has gone well and I'm satisfied. I've received great guidance from them and I'm pretty happy with my investment.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I had been wanting to invest in metals for some time. I went with The Hartford Gold Group and their reps were all very proactive and customer service oriented. They're very knowledgeable and helpful as well. Overall, working with Hartford was a positive experience.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Information