Get a Free Quote
  2. Gold IRA Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.58/5

American Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

View More View More
American Hartford Gold Group(877) 743-6566 Get a Free Quote

American Hartford Gold Group Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 28, 2019

I researched on the internet and The Hartford was one of the top recommended companies to go with. I liked the rates as far as fees. The two guys I worked with were very helpful. They answered my questions. They gave very timely responses to my phone calls or questions and I was really happy with both of them. They also followed through with everything they said they would do, my little free coin and those kinds of things. I’m older, though and people talk a lot faster, and I would ask them to repeat things, and they would slow down. The gal that gave the information also talked way too fast. Other than that, I was very happy with them so I would certainly recommend them. It turned out to have been a good experience, worked out quite nicely, and I’d go back.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I'd been thinking about buying a little gold and silver for a while and Hartford was the convenient one that came along,. Plus Bill O'Reilly was on there, and I trust him. I didn’t know how to go about their service and I didn’t know anything about it, but the rep Adam was very patient and knowledgeable. He took all the time that I needed to help me understand. I still don’t quite understand all of it, but he helped me out a lot. I'm considering buying some more right now.

Original review: June 7, 2019

They closed down the stores that I worked at and I’ve got a 401(k) that’s sitting there. The stock market had been going down so I decided to move it over to something that’s more solid so I contacted The Hartford Gold Group. I love to go online. I love Hartford and I thought that when I was talking to them, they seemed like a better fit for me. They were friendly were really just trying to help. The guys were really nice. I had two different guys I spoke with and they explained what the processes were and how everything was gonna go. They asked me what I felt I was looking for. One of the guys was the same age as I was and so he was kinda giving me advice as far as how he was setting his up and that was what he would recommend. They talked to me about different options but they gave me the best advice.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I needed to move money. I wanted something a little bit more secure because I lost quite a bit of money on my 401k. I contacted Hartford Gold Group because the people with accounts with them were people I respected, like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. Everybody that I dealt with at Hartford did an excellent job. I was kinda lost about what I was picking because I was thinking that I was just moving into bulk items, but the guidance that I received from them was excellent. When we finally transitioned to the other reasons for doing it, it made sense too.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I dealt with another company before going with The Hartford Gold Group. That company was bad and they didn't wanna let go of anything. The Hartford Gold Group was okay. They knew what I wanted to do. But it took me a while to make up my mind. Even so, they helped me. I worked with Todd. He was nice and knowledgeable. If he couldn’t answer my question, he would go to someone else. It took time and that was frustrating, but they kept reassuring me and said it would be okay. I would recommend The Hartford Gold Group if someone wanted to do with precious metals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Gold & Silver up 10%. I'm down 52%. Calls not being returned. "FACTUALLY CORRECT" ...I called Hartford Gold Group in July 2019 to purchase gold and silver bullion to diversify my IRA. Prior to, and since my purchase to now, I have spoken with: Al **, Steve **, Scott **, and Paul **. All were friendly and very willing to advise. (One was a bit pushy and suggested I purchase more, but nothing out of line). They seemed eager to close the deal quickly and a little sketchy with details, but seemed genuinely interested in helping me make the best decision for me. They strongly suggested that coins are the better way to go. My first statement arrived and I was down about 40%. Naturally concerned I called and asked what was happening. I was told not to worry, and that the value on my statement was NOT what it seemed.

I was given a lot of talk and precious metal sales jargon I was not familiar with, but again, they tout they are a "Family Owned Business". "A+ Rating" with the BBB. Mr. O'Reilly says "The ONLY company I recommend for your gold and silver needs..." so I trusted them. Since my purchase, Gold is UP $145. per oz. Silver is UP $2.31. The problem? My diversified IRA with Hartford is DOWN 52%! I have already lost $82,000! I trusted them! Bill O'Reilly advertises for them! I am not accusing Mr. O'Reilly of anything, with the exception of maybe not keeping really knowing what Hartford Gold Group really does. Now I cannot get anyone from Hartford to respond to my calls. I have called 8 times since the 6th of February. I've Had one returned call which I missed. My phone rang, I was in the other room and when I got to it, it stopped. I immediately called back but my call went to voicemail. I left a message, but never received a return call.

I called three other companies to get information on the coins that Hartford picked for me. These companies were aware I was not going to buy from them and was just asking for a professional opinion and information. ALL THREE said the coins chosen for me by Hartford (Gold Canadian Bison 2019 1oz; Silver American Eagle 2013 Proof 1oz; Silver Canadian Bison 1 1/4 oz; and Silver Canadian Buffalo 1 1/2 oz) are some of the least desirable or collectable and that some companies charge an exorbitant commission on these coins. Also these coins can be had for much less at other companies.

Commission is another issue... being ignorant of how this all worked, at the time I purchased Hartford recommended coins, I asked them cost/commissions I would pay to purchase the coins. They seemed to brush by that with a casual it's not much, but no amount was given. To this day I have no idea what I paid. Again, it all happened so fast, and I trusted them. I am 71 (in April). Veteran of Vietnam and the Gulf War. I have worked my way from being on welfare in 1985 to having an IRA and being debt free. I am not going to cry I am poor, BUT, I invested half of my IRA to diversify because this terrific stock market can't last forever.

I was just trying to be wise, not greedy. I should be up $16,000. NOT out $82,000! I am trying to contact Hartford to see if they will do the right and honorable thing and make this right. If metals were down or even stagnant, I would understand and have no complaints with Hartford, but with gold and silver up approx. 10% from when I bought, and I am down 52% just sounds like something is very very wrong.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I was helped by Tony, He thel difference between gold prices and silver prices. Tony was always willing To return my phone calls, In a timely manner. He was very professional Courteous. in our dealings. Tony is a true professional.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

Jo ** has been outstanding to work with. He will take time to answer questions and accommodate our needs. Thanks for helping us throughout the process! I highly recommend The Hartford Gold Group to a family and relatives.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

In 2016 I decided to diversify my 401K. I made the decision to add gold and silver bullion to my portfolio. So, I contacted the Hartford Gold Group. The sales rep I spoke to was extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in helping me. I wanted bullion, but he started talking about buying coins and how I could avoid taxes, because only the melt weight value was taxable. This was true, however, what he did not say is that I could have bought exactly the same coins pretty much anywhere else for 40% less.

Yes it is not his job to recommend the competition, but when I reviewed my portfolio after the purchase I noticed that it was valued at the melt weight value. OK so I expected that, but when I changed my mind and tried to take advantage of their buyback guarantee I discovered that their offer was melt weight plus 10%. Which means that I would immediately lose at least 30% of the value of my investment. Whose is what I would have lost to taxes had I just taken the money out of my 401K, only now I will also lose 30% on top of the loss to the Hartford Gold Group, making my total loss almost 50% of my initial investment. Although this was entirely my fault for being so trusting and an expensive lesson to learn I can now warn others of the less than forthright actions of those we seek to help us. I strongly recommend that if the person you are talking to tried to get you to buy coins, HANG UP AND NEVER CALL THEM BACK AGAIN.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I took my IRA out and put it into Hartford's gold account. Thus far, everything has gone well and I'm satisfied. I've received great guidance from them and I'm pretty happy with my investment.

American Hartford Gold Group Company Information