Call toll free
4.69/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

242 The Hartford Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was careful to study on my own about who I wanted to buy from and I looked at Hartford Gold Group and the reviews. The team was a very nice group and I met so many people on their team each time that I talked to them. I’m in Georgia and they’re in California. You can see a professional website which I was very impressed with but not know for sure if they are really who they say they are. The guy, Adam, that I initially talked to, didn’t wanna go as low as I wanted him to on the upcharge. I got all the information and I told him that I was looking for a price that had 60 cents or something above spot. He said that it was normally a dollar above spot for a coin. I told him that if wanted me to buy from him and if he ever got closer to 60, he should let me know. He called me back a couple of weeks later and he was gonna give me that offer because of what I planned on buying. I appreciated it.

We talked about it again and then, his team followed up with me. He had a team that prepares for the delivery to make sure that everything is safe. Adam was so busy but he had such a wonderful team that I didn’t need to speak to him personally. I did a several times and they were a super group. They were very knowledgeable and I liked how easy it was to go on their website to find out what spot price was that day. The product was exactly what we wanted or even better. When we finally received the delivery, everything was perfect. Adam mentioned that he would be happy if we refer someone else to him and I did. Then, they called me later and asked me what the number was again. So, they may end up purchasing some items from Hartford Gold Group as well. If they do, then I’m supposed to get a little something too. They were nice and I would definitely purchase from Hartford Gold Group again.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I was a little worried about the bank confiscating my IRA, so I switched over and have it now with gold and silver. Subsequent to that, I also took one of my CDs that was renewing, and I purchased gold and silver for myself and maintain that in my big safe. I had two other precious metal investment companies that bugged me a lot and was not happy with. They kept calling with a different number all the time and that really upset me. But Hartford Gold has always been good. And I felt very comfortable with them right from the get-go.

The Hartford Gold team was not high pressure and they gave me plenty of time to think it over. They set me step-by-step on how I could have my IRA rollover and they were very thorough and explained everything to me, especially when I saw my first investment with the IRA. About $20,000 of it was a loss and they explained that the gold and silver was based on the melting rate and not the purchase rate, but that purchase rate for precious metals would be there and increase. And it's true. I've been seeing it increase.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My bank forgot I contributed two $500 checks to my IRA and one day, I got a call from a lady who asked if I knew they had $6,000 of my money just lying around. That money wasn't doing anything for years until I got that call. I pulled it all out. I did my research on companies and started calling and talking to people. I found out how much they knew and I could tell when somebody is in a hurry and wants to get things over with. I talked to a guy who just sent me some papers and wanted me to sign. I read it over before I signed and there was a lot of hidden costs for every little thing, including storage, and by the time I paid all those, my money will be all gone.

Somehow or another, I wound up with Joe and he helped me with everything. I didn't know how to go about buying coins or what was the best thing for me, for the money. He was patient in answering all my questions and explained everything to where I understood it, including how things are gonna go down. The thing that made up my mind was the trust that grew between Joe and I when we were talking. My husband asked if I was sure it's not some kind of scam and I told him we have been texting each other back and forth for a while.

Being leery and not knowing anything, I wanted to know everything. I was scared, but Joe made me feel comfortable. I had a lot of problems with my bank trying to get my money out, but I'm glad I trusted my instincts because I felt secure and I trusted Joe. He didn't flinch when I wanted to go into details about things. He was so helpful and I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm happy about my experience with Hartford. It was wonderful.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I wanted to diversify and put some of my money in precious metals. Hartford Gold Group was recommended by Paul Mladjenovic, the guy who wrote "Precious Metals Investing for Dummies." I called and they helped me set up the account. For the most part, they were friendly and helpful, and I did like the people I was dealing with. But I felt hurried in the beginning when I was trying to understand the investment and how they value it. Those questions weren’t answered early on and for some reason, the spot price doesn't have a direct correlation to the actual value of your investment.

When I set up the account, I transferred a little over $6,000 but later on, I checked the value with my IRA custodian and it became almost half. I would’ve understood if the spot price had gone down in half. But I checked the spot price and it had gone down about 15%. That was very confusing and concerning to me. I needed an explanation. They were answered but it was later after I had already set up the account. That should have been explained to me upfront. I was also trying to find out if there was a commission involved but I never heard the response for that. I don't have anything against that. I just wanted to know what my cost was. That should have been better explained to me as well. I would tell others to slow the roll and make sure they ask the right questions before committing to doing the full transaction. But other than that, everything has gone smoothly in my experience.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I checked the Bureau for reference and Hartford Gold Group has a good reputation. I was scared because I was putting all the money I had in gold and people kept telling me not to put everything in one place. I didn’t have that much money, so I just did it. And Hartford did really a good job and made me feel good. They were very respectful, they made me feel like I mattered, they were there when I called and they answered immediately.

The only thing was that it seemed to me that they already had their mind made up of how they were gonna choose what I was buying. I had impressions that I could buy bars and they already have something chosen for me. Sometimes the customer likes to make his own choice but since I didn’t have too much knowledge about the issue, it was okay. I just hope that they made the right decision. The other day, I called to get information about buying coins and the guy told me to not buy them. He didn’t listen to me and just blew me away. But I’m very happy with the service and I would recommend Hartford. They’re very professional people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: May 12, 2019

I needed to move money. I wanted something a little bit more secure because I lost quite a bit of money on my 401k. I contacted Hartford Gold Group because the people with accounts with them were people I respected, like Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly. Everybody that I dealt with at Hartford did an excellent job. I was kinda lost about what I was picking because I was thinking that I was just moving into bulk items, but the guidance that I received from them was excellent. When we finally transitioned to the other reasons for doing it, it made sense too.

Original review: March 14, 2019

The Hartford Gold Group offered me a good price on what I was interested in. They were all very nice and helpful. They also knew everything I needed and they did what they said they would do. They left the options up to me, which was the way I wanted it. But they offered me the information that I needed to make a decision. I would deal with The Hartford Gold Group again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I dealt with another company before going with The Hartford Gold Group. That company was bad and they didn't wanna let go of anything. The Hartford Gold Group was okay. They knew what I wanted to do. But it took me a while to make up my mind. Even so, they helped me. I worked with Todd. He was nice and knowledgeable. If he couldn’t answer my question, he would go to someone else. It took time and that was frustrating, but they kept reassuring me and said it would be okay. I would recommend The Hartford Gold Group if someone wanted to do with precious metals.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I spoke to The Hartford Gold Group six months ago and they had explained to me everything about precious metal investment. I prayed about it and I felt like that’s where I needed to go. The reps were all fantastic and helpful.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was buying gold and heard about Hartford through the ConsumerAffairs website. The people there were friendly and knowledgeable. They have good information and are pretty helpful. Everything was also straightforward. They had good customer service and I got everything on time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Our company likes to work with Hartford Gold Group. We chose Hartford because they have a good BBB rating. Between Monarques and Hartford, we chose Hartford because they are the better guys. But I would suggest that on their website, they should place the gold bars and silver in a more readable place. Nevertheless, they've done a great job. All of our customers are happy. We are also planning to buy gold 9:30.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

One of the things that swayed my wife entirely to The Hartford Gold was Bill O'Reilly’s approval of the company. She felt more comfortable with them than the couple of other ones that she looked at. We had an excellent experience with the gentleman whom we worked with. He helped explain some things to me and my wife since this was our first time buying precious metals. He made us feel comfortable to know that we were making the right decision. Everything that was promised, as far as the package and the delivery, was perfect. I had no issues at all with them. I was really happy and I even recommended Hartford to a couple of other people. I look forward to doing business again with them in the future.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I don’t know how to read the stock market and I was wondering if Hartford Gold has coaching sessions, where periodically, I call in and they go over the stock market and let me know when it’s time to buy, time to sell, time to move. Hartford Gold has been in business for quite a long time. I checked them out through the Better Business. Their reps were very eager to answer my questions and give me the information that I would need to understand my questions. The reps were very kind and made sure I was satisfied. I found them to be very upfront and honest as well. The guidance that I got from them was very good.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

It was pretty good dealing with Hartfold's representative but I wasn’t happy with the deal. They called me and I let my husband talk to the guy about whether it should be silver or gold. He decided silver. But it went from 20,000 to 10,000, in silver. The Hartfold Gold Group is not bad but they’ve been better.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The Hartford Gold Group knows what they are doing. I bought gold and an IRA, and the guidance I received from their team was very good. I have recommended them to friends.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Corporate sponsors made me choose Hartford Gold Group. It didn’t have any first-time buyers. Hartford Gold Group's team was professional and answered all my questions. And the guidance I received was very good. I had a good experience with Hartford Gold Group and I'd use them again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I saw a few good reviews on Hartford Gold Group. I contacted them to set up a precious metal IRA and the interactions with their team were excellent. Setting everything up took two days and I appreciate their professionalism in guiding me through the process. They answered my questions promptly and guided me through what they were going to do and how they proposed to do it. Their answers were clear and understandable to somebody who does not have a great understanding of precious metal IRA.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I first called to get bullion silver bars but was talked into coins? Silver is only down less than 20% from where I first "TRUSTED" Hartford to invest my hard earned money. Hartford said "Oh buy these silver coins and you will be set" but that was a lie because the coins were a scam. Then Hartford switched me to Gold coins to help ease my pain because Hartford admitted they gave me crap coins to begin with. Now it is more than 50% less. I have been scammed!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had been buying gold and silver in the past and had a poor experience with another vendor. And when I gave Hartford Gold a call, I was fairly pleased with their response. I’ve been working with them for four months and I’ve made several purchases. I called them a couple of times and told them what I wanted. Then they gathered it out to me and left efficiently to my bank. With Hartford Gold, I can pretty much do whatever I want and I’ve been pleased with the way they’ve dealt with me. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My husband and I had a couple of IRAs that we wanted to roll over into metals and it worked out fine with Hartford Gold. First of all, with them I could make a phone call and get a human being without being routed through 40 different prompts. When we were setting everything up, their team was very pleasant and friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Then, if there were glitches, they made it right.

There were a couple of glitches in getting our IRAs rolled over from Fidelity. So, there was some time delay and it seemed to take longer than it needed to, like over a month before falling out into STRATA. That seemed to be the biggest problem, but they made it right overall and I’m happy. On their end, Hartford was prompt and knowledgeable in giving us guidance in making our investment decisions and once again the Fidelity people were the ones dragging. But we won’t know until we start taking money out. On the whole, though, our experience with Hartford Gold was great and I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I wanted to move some of my IRA cash into some silver. I looked at a bunch of things on the internet and Hartford's name is familiar. I’ve dealt mostly with their rep Adam and he has always been really nice and very friendly. We’ve even talked about some times when he was here in Colorado and I was in Colorado, and other stuff like that. With everything I’ve ever dealt with, he has always been really good and informative. He told me what he recommends and I just went with his recommendation since I basically have no other knowledge whether it was good, bad or indifferent. I am satisfied with the services I received and I’d recommend Hartford.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was looking for silver and I found Hartford online. I like their price and the gentleman I spoke to was very cordial and willing to explain. I got very good guidance from Hartford in discussing my options.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was worried that the stocks were gonna go bad and decided to contact The Hartford Gold Group. Their reps were nice and the guidance I received was good.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Hartford's ad on the internet looked very professional, so I contacted them and talked to a guy named Ted. It was extremely obvious that he was very well-versed in what was going on. He knew the market, and he was so confident about what he had. But he wasn’t pushy. Some of the salespeople wanna twist your arm to get a buy, buy, buy. Ted was a veritable gold mine of information. And with that information, there was no pressure to buy, sell, or do anything. My wife and I like to get the information, pray about it, and then make the decision.

Ted was the most professional, knowledgeable person I ever dealt with. I was impressed with his confidence. He didn’t speak so fast that was like a person that had one too many cappuccinos. Some people are like auctioneers. They got to get all to sell in just a blink of an eye, and it’s hard to understand them. But Ted spoke perfect in speed. I’m hard at hearing, but he was clear and easy to understand.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had a feeling that the stock market was gonna crash and I looked up Hartford Gold. I liked that they had a good Better Business Bureau and they seemed to have a lot of good things pointing in their direction as far as what people say about them online. When I talked to the team when I bought my precious metals, they were very friendly and answered all my questions in the same day. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I wanted to convert some cash into metal. I looked up gold and I read on a number of companies. I saw that Bill O'Reilly reviewed Hartford Gold and he said this was the only one he’d deal with. I also looked at the reviews of people. I called and talked to them about a year ago, too. It was a roll in the dice for me and I thought I'd see how it would go. I worked with Jeremy and he was fun to talk to. He seemed to be good and he had his helpers call once in a while and send me stuff. He said he’s been selling stuff for a long time and it sounded like he knew what he was doing. Hartford is an honest outfit and they seemed like they came through with what they proposed. In fact, I got what they said when we started out. I would recommend them to others but I’d tell them to make up their own mind. I’m not gonna tell them what to do. Also, I wrote a review for Hartford Gold and they sent me a Mercury dime for my review, so I appreciated that.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was interested in buying some silver, and I saw that the Hartford Gold Group sold it so I contacted them. They were really friendly and they made me feel comfortable. They also followed up really good. They called back when they said they were gonna call back and made everything simple for me. I was happy with the product, and things went smoothly. I would recommend them if people were going to buy.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had left my employment with Memorial Hermann who was not handling my retirement account. It was more or less dormant and they just kept my money, so I needed to change. Since my present company doesn’t have anything satisfactory, it wasn’t an option bringing it there. Considering the way 401k goes sometimes, I decided to go with the value that lasts, which is gold. The gentlemen at Hartford are professional people. I see them handling things well and taking time to explain every little detail. I knew that with their group, we’re in for a long crawl but I’m hopeful that in the end, it will all be good. We’re working in faith that things will turn out fine.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I'm interested in gold and I usually buy from local dealers. But at the time, it was really hard to get it, so I looked online. Hartford's presentation really got my attention so I went with them. Their reps were great. They answered every question and they all knew what they were talking about. Also, everything was perfect every time I called them. They still call me to follow up and see what I need and they're very good. I would recommend Hartford to others and tell them that it's a good company to do business with.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I placed a disbursement request almost two weeks ago. They had my phone and email info and claimed that they had tried to call me to get the disbursement going. To my knowledge I received no such calls but I’ve been hit by telemarketers lately so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Even so, they had my email address and could have easily reached me that way. My funds are quickly running out and I have made 5 calls and one email to the company and have yet to get any response. I deeply regret having converted my money to precious metals with this company. I would have been better off leaving my funds in cash form. My hands are completely tied now when I desperately need their help. It seems that once you convert your money they don’t seem to care about helping you anymore.

The Hartford Gold Group response

The Hartford Gold Group always takes immediate action when we receive notice of a dissatisfied customer. We appreciate you working with our team to help come to a resolution.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Information