Call toll free
4.61/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

212 The Hartford Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

We wanted to get some silver and went with Free Lakota Bank. We found out it was a big scam after we lost a couple thousand dollars. I wanted to go with a reputable company. I looked up online and went with The Hartford Gold Group. Joe, Hartford's rep has been very approachable and helpful. It was really good working with him. He told us to call him any time if we have questions. In fact, I’ll call him later on today because we rolled over another IRA into the silver and we have some questions.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My husband is retiring and he came upon the Hartford Gold Group on the internet, and he talked with me about them. We wanted to save money and let it grow, so we decided to work with them. When their reps called, I enjoyed the conversation that I had with them. They explained more things to get me to understand, but I already understood some of them. We were satisfied and we went with them. We placed the money with them and a rep said they were gonna send something, but I haven’t received anything such as a silver coin, although that has been over a month now. Even so, I would recommend Hartford.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I want my retirement funds to be in a more secure place other than my IRA. I contacted The Hartford Gold Group and their team has been excellent. They've been very courteous and friendly. I talked to another company and Hartford's whole approach was different. Several of them had left a different gold group because they didn’t like their ethics. It was scary for me to move funds out of an IRA into gold but they have been very patient and have explained everything to me. They also haven't been pushy, which I really appreciated because that turns me off immediately, and I’ll usually just walk away.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I wanted to diversify and put some of my money in precious metals. Hartford Gold Group was recommended by Paul Mladjenovic, the guy who wrote "Precious Metals Investing for Dummies." I called and they helped me set up the account. For the most part, they were friendly and helpful, and I did like the people I was dealing with. But I felt hurried in the beginning when I was trying to understand the investment and how they value it. Those questions weren’t answered early on and for some reason, the spot price doesn't have a direct correlation to the actual value of your investment.

When I set up the account, I transferred a little over $6,000 but later on, I checked the value with my IRA custodian and it became almost half. I would’ve understood if the spot price had gone down in half. But I checked the spot price and it had gone down about 15%. That was very confusing and concerning to me. I needed an explanation. They were answered but it was later after I had already set up the account. That should have been explained to me upfront. I was also trying to find out if there was a commission involved but I never heard the response for that. I don't have anything against that. I just wanted to know what my cost was. That should have been better explained to me as well. I would tell others to slow the roll and make sure they ask the right questions before committing to doing the full transaction. But other than that, everything has gone smoothly in my experience.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I had been chatting with The Hartford Gold Group for a little bit and then it took some time. But I went ahead and went with the company. A good group of people is working there. They seem to be very knowledgeable and answered my questions. Everything was most excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The Hartford Gold Group seemed to be more persistent and they called me back often. Joe was my rep and he explained things to me as well as sent me information on different things that are related to gold and IRAs. Things are fine and we’re happy with everything.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I was interested in some small investment and saw Hartford Gold Group on the internet. My research indicated that they had a decent reputation. The sales guy was professional and essentially gave me the information that I wanted. After four conversations, I decided to make a small investment. I felt that the guidance I received was reasonable, but it didn't mesh well with the other information that I had. The experience was satisfactory and if I decide in the future that I wanna make more investments, then I'll recontact the group.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I wanted to guarantee the little savings account I had and protect that money so I contacted Hartford. I did most of the process on the internet, and I was pleased with the way it went and that we got it taken care of. I did not spend any more than I planned to so it worked out pretty well. I would tell my friends to go ahead and trust Hartford to help and provide them with whatever they want.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I was looking to invest 401(k) money into gold or silver so I went online and found Hartford Gold. At first, I thought they are part of The Hartford. Nonetheless, the Hartford Gold representative was friendly, explained things, and seemed like someone I wanted to do business with. However, I felt like I got talked a little bit into silver instead of gold. I'm not convinced that that was the right decision yet, but time would tell that. I'd still recommend Hartford Gold.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I have been familiar with Hartford as an insurance company, so I felt that they had a good reputation and I liked their ads better. Their reps, Tony and Jack, were very nice and seemed to be knowledgeable about what was going on. They didn’t pressure me and they offered me a lot of advice about things I didn’t know. I was brand new to this precious metal thing, so I had a lot of questions and they were able to answer them and they were truthful. I'd recommend The Hartford Gold Group.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

The reviews of the Hartford Gold Group had a positive note so I decided to contact them. Everybody that I've talked to at this company has been very helpful and courteous, and the guidance that I received from them was good. I had a good experience with Hartford Gold and I would recommend them to people who are looking to make a precious metal investment.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I needed to protect what money I have with the way things are going and I was researching on the computer and found The Hartford Gold Group. Dealing with their reps has been all very good and I’ve been very pleased with the guidance that they’ve given me. I would recommend Hartford.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I wanted to convert my 401k IRA into silver. I searched websites and I recognized The Hartford Gold Group’s name. I chose them and a few other companies. I waited for people to call me back and talk to each representative then I went with Hartford. Their team was very professional and pleasant. The guidance that I received from them was overwhelming. I trusted Joe from Hartford and I was on the phone for 40 minutes with him telling me every step of the way of what was gonna happen. I also called back and the team readily answered me back.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I wanted to get out of paper money, get security, and have something put back that will be worth something to my kids. I've read about The Hartford Gold Group and I contacted them. I talked to Joe over the phone. He was a good, Christian man. I told him what I was looking for but I didn’t know how to go about getting it and he helped me do what I was wanting to do. He went out of his way to make sure that he got me what I was wanting, just like how I wanted it. He walked me through it, got everything through it, and took care of what I needed. He and his team were attentive, honest, and expedient. They proved that they were self-worthy and accountable. They did what they said they would do. I appreciate everything they did. They also built my confidence up in dealing with The Hartford Group.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I wanted to diversify my wealth into physical metal rather than stocks. Hartford Gold was the first precious metal investment company that I came across. They had a helpful team who explained things and I felt comfortable working with them. They were informative in guiding me in my decision. I recommend The Hartford Gold Group.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I wanted to get some silver coins and they happen to be available at Hartford. I had a decent experience with them. They did well. One of the things that I got was for a present. And my timeframe was such that if I didn’t have it by a certain date, it had to be at a certain other place on a certain time or it was gonna be too late. And the first thing they said was "okay." I had it a day earlier than I thought I was gonna have it, so that worked out quite fine to me. It came through FedEx and it worked out very well as far as the timetable. I was trying to get it halfway across the country. I’m quite satisfied with the experience. And I had thought of trying to contact them back to see where they were getting their containers. I’d like to get some more containers like those.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I researched online and liked what I read about The Hartford Gold Group. It was convenient to work with them and they have the coins and bullions I was looking for. The person who I dealt with was courteous and very responsive and positive. He listened and he didn’t try to push stuff on me that I wasn’t trying to get. The guidance I received was really good too and I was grateful for it. I was comfortable talking to them. It's been a good experience with The Hartford Gold Group. And since they work with their customers really well, I would recommend this company to those who are looking for online gold purchases.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I checked the Bureau for reference and Hartford Gold Group has a good reputation. I was scared because I was putting all the money I had in gold and people kept telling me not to put everything in one place. I didn’t have that much money, so I just did it. And Hartford did really a good job and made me feel good. They were very respectful, they made me feel like I mattered, they were there when I called and they answered immediately.

The only thing was that it seemed to me that they already had their mind made up of how they were gonna choose what I was buying. I had impressions that I could buy bars and they already have something chosen for me. Sometimes the customer likes to make his own choice but since I didn’t have too much knowledge about the issue, it was okay. I just hope that they made the right decision. The other day, I called to get information about buying coins and the guy told me to not buy them. He didn’t listen to me and just blew me away. But I’m very happy with the service and I would recommend Hartford. They’re very professional people.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I got a call from someone telling me about the Hartford Gold Group and I felt that they were more on the up and up and they were a reliable company. Their team did what they said they were gonna do. More than that, the guidance I received when making my investment decision was excellent. They were very knowledgeable and the people I dealt with at Hartford were honest and truthful. Hartford was great and I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Hartford bugged the crap out of me after I called them initially, but they’ve been very responsive when I've had questions and they've allayed all my concerns. They're informative, educational and professional. However, they need to be a little bit clearer about when you’re purchasing an amount that you’re rolling over. I rolled over an IRA and they did not explain to me with sufficient clarity initially why my sum reflected would seem to be much less than the invested amount. I had to make several calls to get clarification on that. And I was really worried at first because it seemed like I had lost almost half my investments. But they explained to me that they would be willing to buy it back at a certain premium, that it would be much more than the amount reflected. They went around and around with long explanations that just made me more confused and frustrated until I could finally get to the point. That was an annoying aspect of the whole thing.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I checked some precious metals investment companies out on Google, and all the reviews of Hartford Gold were extremely positive. And I found that those reviews has been fairly accurate. Hartford Gold's reps were good and I got no problem corresponding with them. I’ve had a couple of calls from them to let me know that things were taken care of and to just sit back, relax and don’t worry about it. I had no idea what this buy or sell in terms of gold is, but they made that decision and did a good job on it. They’re very professional, and I’m extremely positive on the whole process. And I would recommend them. I’ve sent them two people who have asked me who to go to for buying some precious metals.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The team at Hartford Gold Group was very pleasant and they treated me like a human being. Their knowledge for the process and their product was well handled and I didn't worry about a thing. Keep up the good work.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I'm a first time gold and silver buyer and I had a lot more questions than most people. I talked to Augusta Gold Group and a couple of different ones, and I decided to go with Hartford as I didn't feel high pressure from them. They were very professional and they provided me with information. I felt like they truly wanted to educate me and they were more trustworthy. I talked to two different people and our conversations felt more comfortable for me that they were the ones to invest my money with. They were knowledgeable and very honest about their assessment. I decided to split my investment and they made it easy to do business. But one of the persons that called sent me something by email and I haven’t had a chance to do it. I told her I’d try to do it sometime this weekend. She told me she was gonna call me so I had time to pull myself together, but Hartford needs to check with her if she recorded my conversation or she if wrote it down.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I wanted to get some gold and silver coins. I went with Hartford Gold Group and things worked out really well. Adam, the representative I worked with was really good. It was my first time doing this venture and he helped me. We took it step-by-step. Hartford is a good company. Any questions I had, they answered them. They got back to me and let me know. And the guidance I received was really good. If you wanna invest or get some coins, go to Hartford.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Initially, I was curious about Hartford Gold and then I found their reps professional, courteous and thorough. They provided helpful and informative guidance and I had a pleasant and positive experience. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I moved my TSP savings into gold. I did research and from talking to people from different companies, I determined that Hartford Gold Group seems to be one of the top and most reputable companies. They have as good reputation if not better than any other company based on online reviews that I’ve read. I also spoke to the people who actually work there and I like the way they answered all of my questions. There was no unanswered questions and there was nothing that they’re not willing to address over the telephone prior to me spending any money with them. Their guidance was perfectly acceptable. They explained everything and I understood it. It’s been very good.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I Googled gold, and then I read a couple of reviews of different companies. I called Hartford and I talked to Jeff to buy a small amount of gold and have it on our safe deposit box. But I wasn’t ready quite then and he called me back in a month after I talked to my husband. For the second time, I told him to call me back in three months when we’re home for Florida. He was very good and called me back then. There was no pressure and he gave me a lot of information. He thought gold was gonna go up but since we bought it but it has taken a nosedive. You don’t know things like that and he told us that if we are going into this, we wouldn't wanna sell for three years. So, even though it’s down now, we’re not gonna do anything with it and that’s fine. From start to finish, it was a good experience with Hartford.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I couldn't afford to have everything in the stock market and I have to have some safety. I received a solicitation through email from Hartford Gold and then I followed that up and did a little research about them. They seem to be a reputable company. Then someone from that company contacted me and he sold me the product. At first, I put him off and told him I wasn't ready to do business yet. He told me that he would be in touch. We even made plans to meet up again and we went down the road amicably. Had he pushed, we wouldn't have done business. Eventually, he made a routine callback and I told him that it was time to do business. I'm expecting a new job and I will be investing 20% of the money. The guidance I received from Hartford Gold was just what you would expect. I was given the advantages of purchasing gold and they were true. I'd recommend them.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have retirement funds and IRA services recommended Hartford. My accountant also told me that they were a good company. When I sought their guidance, their reps were very knowledgeable and competent. However, I thought they were awfully persistent in the beginning and wanted constant calls and reminders of an anticipated stock crash. It was a little intense. They were also overly aggressive and inquisitive about my IRA funds. If they weren't I wouldn’t have bought what I bought. They asked how much I had and what comes in. I imagine it was to give them a better picture, but it also tells them how much I have to invest and I don’t necessarily want all of what I have to invest to go through them.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Hartford Gold Group did what they said they would do and that was pretty good. I had a good experience overall.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Information