2. Gold IRA Companies
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.19/5

American Hartford Gold Group is a family-owned business that sells precious metals and precious metal IRAs. Physical precious metals are available in bar, coin and bouillon form. Gold and silver IRAs are an alternative to a traditional IRA, which focuses on bonds, stocks and other standard investments. Precious metal IRAs help diversify retirement savings and overall wealth.

BOTTOM LINE

American Hartford Gold Group sells precious metals for investment and gold IRAs. Metals are typically sold in coin or bar form. A gold IRA lets you invest in precious metals and store it at a secure facility.

PROS

• Buy-back guarantee
  • High customer ratings
  • No shipping fees

CONS

• Metal investments carry risks
  • No prices on online catalog

Top American Hartford Gold Group Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold Group?

I'd been thinking about buying a little gold and silver for a while and Hartford was the convenient one that came along… I didn’t know how to go about their service… but the rep Adam was very patient and knowledgeable. He took all the time that I needed to help me understand…

I had been wanting to invest in metals for some time. I went with The Hartford Gold Group and their reps were all very proactive and customer service oriented. They're very knowledgeable and helpful as well. Overall, working with Hartford was a positive experience.

American Hartford Gold Group Call Now Toll Free (866) 265-7222 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

What is American Hartford Gold Group?

American Hartford Gold Group sells precious metals and gold and helps customers set up precious metal and gold IRAs. Some of American Hartford Gold Group’s popular investments include:

• American Gold Eagle coins
  • American Buffalo gold coins
  • 1-ounce gold bars
  • American Silver Eagle coins
  • Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins

The website also offers advice on how to use precious metals for survival purposes. Since gold and silver are recognized currency, these metals are often used as investments in case the dollar or banks fail.

How does American Hartford Gold Group work?

American Hartford Gold Group offers a simple way to set up your gold IRA:

1. Fill out the company’s gold IRA account form either online or over the phone.
  2. A product specialist contacts you and helps you open a self-directed IRA. (This is the type of account required for this investment.)
  3. Decide your initial investment amount. You can roll over funds from your current IRA provider to American Hartford Gold Group or transfer funds to your new IRA.
  4. Talk to an account executive to discuss what precious metals you’d like to select for your account once your precious metals IRA is set up. IRS-approved precious metals include gold, silver, platinum and palladium.

At the age of 59½, you’re eligible to either receive your physical metals or liquidate the amount you choose. IRS rules apply with a gold IRA, so you can incur penalties for withdrawing early. American Hartford Gold Group recommends holding your precious metals for between five and 10 years.

American Hartford Gold Group costs

American Hartford Gold Group does not charge to set up a precious metals IRA or roll over a retirement account. There are also no fees for shipping your precious metals to the depository, including insurance and tracking.

Depository fees vary depending on your investment amount. The online catalogs for precious metals do not list prices — you must speak to a company representative. The website does provide price charts for gold, silver and platinum.

American Hartford Gold Group FAQ

Can I own physical gold with American Hartford Gold Group?
Yes, you can. The company stores your assets at a private, IRS-approved facility. When you retire, you can choose to withdraw the physical gold or liquidate it.
Is American Hartford Gold Group legit?
Yes. The company has consistently high ratings from customers, and it offers a buy-back commitment.
Where does American Hartford Gold Group store precious metals?
American Hartford Gold Group stores precious metals at a private storage facility that is both insured and IRS-approved. These facilities are known as depositories.
Where is American Hartford Gold Group located?
American Hartford Gold Group is located in Los Angeles, California, but the company’s services are not location-specific. Accounts can be handled over the phone or through the website.

Is American Hartford Gold Group worth it?

American Hartford Gold Group is a solid choice if you’re looking to buy precious metals or open a precious metals IRA. The company offers a buy-back guarantee and charges no fees to open an account or ship your metals to the depository. Purchasing coins and bars in gold and silver without setting up an IRA is also a viable option for those who are nervous about the stability of banks. Precious metal coins and bars are available for purchase even without a Gold IRA.

American Hartford Gold Group Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I'm watching what's going on in our economy and I'm convinced that pretty soon our dollar won't be worth any money. So gold might not be a bad alternative 'cause I got money in savings. Part of what we signed with the bank gives them the power to seize our money if they get distressed. I just felt like it was a good time to try it.

I had talked to so many people. I spoke to Seth at American Hartford Gold and he just was very nice, calm and quiet. He didn't pounce on me. I'm a salesperson myself. So he would give me information, and then he’d call me back in several days and would say, "Any questions?" I said, "No." Then finally, he hit me right when I thought, I better do something here. So, I did. He handed me off to different people and they've all been very courteous and very professional. Not like a used car salesperson at all.

My experience with Hartford Gold was good. The only thing I didn't like is the last time, I had an extra 10,000. I thought I'm not putting that in the bank. So I called and said, "I wanna do 10,000 more." They said, "Great. 'Cause we can still give you the same price." But then they never checked it. I never heard from them to see if they got that.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I was searching and there were a couple of companies that I didn't feel comfortable with. When one of the gentlemen from Hartford Gold called me, he answered any questions I had. It didn't seem like he was trying to pull the wool over my eyes. It wasn't like they were just trying to get this done and to make a big load of money off of me. I just learned to trust them and that's the reason I went with them. I told them what some other people had told me about things like I could get silver at this price. When I talked to Nathan, he said that if I could get the specs and show it to him, he would make that good. I did some research on it and the other wasn’t legitimate. That showed that Nathan was really genuinely wanting things to be good, wanting us to be able to have some success at it.

I was concerned because of the Coronavirus and everything was really slow. But every time I called them, they put my mind at ease saying that it was slow for everybody and it would be here, and it was. I think I have everything but maybe one small thing, which is really good. I was comfortable. It felt like they cared. It wasn't just a job. I have friends that I talked with that have not had that experience. I was super pleased and I'm trying to gather up some money again to buy some more.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

My wife and I determined that we wanted to start looking into precious metals. We first contacted Rosland Capital because they are much more pronounced on the television in terms of the commercials. The customer service was not very good and they were taking too long to get back with me. I went online and I began to look at other precious metals organizations or agencies that can do the same thing that Rosland Capital is doing. I found Hartford and then, I saw Bill O'Reilly highly recommend this particular agency. I said that I’m gonna give it a try. I called and I spoke with Jeff. We had a very good conversation in terms of education because I don't know much about precious metals. He helped me with understanding contacts and everything else. He’s a senior guy so he understood it very much clearly and was able to dumb it down. He made it very simple and I was able to comprehend it very easily.

We spent a long time on the phone talking about precious metals, where the market was going and all the other things. With the conversation and with the knowledge base that he had, I felt very comfortable. I gave it a try because I connected with him, he connected with me and was going out of his way to spend the time just speaking and talking. And that was helpful for me. It was my key that this is the precious metal agency organization I need to work with because these guys are engaged. I can learn a little bit more. He said that I could always call on him if I need understanding and I just went through the whole thing. That was what I was looking for, which is for someone to tell me something about it. No one was able to. I got the wrong person but I got the right person with Hartford. Jeff was able to bring it home and with that, I was sold on it.

The experience has been very positive. We can see in the market the decision that my wife and I made. The proof is in the pudding. We made the right decision and with that, I went out again to purchase more metals because of what Jeff and I talked about. I saw all the tangible things and so, I went forward with it. He made a believer out of me and that was very hard to overcome because about three weeks ago, I was on a webinar and I was with someone who was a financial investor, and I brought it up. He talked in a very not so positive light about precious metals and he said that this is not the way to go. So, it was hard for me at that point because I had that at the back of my mind, But the webinar made us think that this was a way to move forward with precious metals. Having Jeff make sense out of what I was exposed to made a difference.

At this point though, I have not received one of my shipment but Jeff has been working with me to try to get the silver that I purchased a while back. There have been some mix up in terms of the order. They thought that they had been delivered. Still, overall, the experience was very positive, educational, engaging and informative.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

The political situation in this country is sad and I'm not trying to persuade anyone one way or the other, but if the democrats get elected, you better have all the silver and gold you can get ahold of ‘cause you’re gonna need it. It’d be a full blown depression if they get elected and do half of what they say they’re gonna do. On the other hand, I have a lot of faith in Bill O'Reilly and he said the American Hartford Gold Group are people good to deal with. I didn't have a clue what I should buy or how I should do it, and the rep knew I didn’t know what I was doing, so he put me through the whole program. He explained all the different options I had and he recommended things too.

The rep told me what all I could get, and what he recommended is what I went with. First, I was gonna buy some silver and gold and mix it up, but I didn't have that much money into it. He said, “Let’s get silver” ‘cause he felt like it had more room to grow than gold. I decided to buy these particular pieces of silver and he recommended, once again, how to get it and it turned out really good. The rep did a good job and I'm gonna buy some gold later on.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I had already started taking my own investments away from the company that I used to have it with because I wasn't happy, so I was starting to do some investing on my own. Every investor said to put a percentage into investing into precious metals and I researched a couple and went with American Hartford Gold. I found them online and I saw an advertisement from Bill O'Reilly. Everybody that I spoke with was nice and I've had no issues with them so far.

Daniel, the person I dealt with, was very helpful and nice. I don't know the ins and outs of gold and silver. He directed me on which would be the better investment or what he felt was the better investment way to go and why in particular he felt that way, whether it be in coins or bullion. I haven't talked to him about the last two months but there's no reason for me to. The precious metals have been bought, shipped and sits in a vault in Delaware. They said that if I wanted to ever sell it back, they are there for that too. I could sell back what I bought through them. It’s kinda like above spot price. So that's very helpful. It was very easy to make my investment and they gave me all the information I needed to know and transfer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I trusted the opinion of Bill O'Reilly and I decided to contact American Hartford Gold. The experience has been far less than satisfactory. I don't believe I ever received truth. I began with a great deal of trust in the person I was dealing with and now, it’s down to about 1%. I am trying to get my gold and silver shipped to me and it's going on two and a half months now and it hasn't arrived. It hasn't shipped and there are all kinds of excuses the account manager gives and they're wearing quite thin. My belief is that they didn't have the bullion that they sold me. I don't have proof per se but I’ve got back end indications looking at my accounts, etcetera.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I wanted something I could hold in my hand to leave to my grandchildren and I found out about American Hartford Gold on Billoreilly.com. As soon as I put in a request, I had a call back within 12 hours. We then corresponded back and forth, and everything worked very nicely. I wasn't sure what the coin looked like though. When they tell you what they're gonna propose that they give you, it would be helpful if they provided pictures of what the product actually looks like. I was really hesitant to do something online instead of going to a dealer somewhere, but they were extremely responsive to all of my questions. I was also given a personal cell phone number to talk to the agent if I needed to, so I was very happy with them.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Getting that gold was the biggest pain I've ever had. It shipped and I didn't get it until over a week or so. It went back and forth with FedEx. The gold was there. They said no. It was on a truck being delivered to me. It was not on a truck being delivered to me. It went back to Charlotte then it went back to Florence. I couldn't get the seller I was trying to talk to to call me back. I was not happy with him. I ended up calling another person and he said he’d tell him to call me but he didn't. But I did talk to the owner and he finally got stuff handled. He was a nice person. He followed up to be sure that I got what I bought. That's what went well. I got it and it ended up pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I was looking for the least expensive gold I could buy to hold and then I saw that Bill O'Reilly endorsed American Hartford Gold. I thought I'd call and see what they can do. However, I knew what I wanted going in, so I did not take their advice and buy what they recommended. I believe they had my best interest with the investment for long term, and it was good, but what I was looking for was a short term support in case of ultimate disaster. Still, everybody was sincere about their attempt to help me and I greatly appreciate that.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

When I decided I wanted to purchase some gold, I went over reviews of different companies and I thought American Hartford Gold had a good record from other customer reviews online. I am new in buying gold and putting out good sums of money, and I tried to pick what I thought would be somebody that would fit my needs just going by reviews. I'm not very happy with them though. Things didn't start out very well and some of this is not their fault, but I started out with one consultant. They then said he had to go into a sick leave, and I got shuffled around after that from consultant to consultant.

They also told me that gold was hot right then and there would be a wait time between buying the gold and having the transaction complete, whether they were gonna send it to me or send it to some place to be held. They filled my orders and they've given me some good recommendations on what to buy or alternatives of what to buy. However, once a transaction has been made, I don't hear much out of them. The wait time was really long, which I understood. What bothered me is that there was no follow up in between to let me know what was going on. If there's gonna be long wait times in between, I could’ve put up with that if I'd known what was going on. Each time I've had to contact them to get information, and that's my biggest complaint.

Right now, I have a purchase that is going into its third month and I went the first two months without hearing anything at all. I finally called them, and they brought me up-to-date. I would’ve been happy even on the wait if somebody would’ve corresponded with me, even an email just to let me know what was going on. I don't know if they're short on people and I don't know what's going on. I'm being critical from my standpoint without really knowing, and that’s the lack of feedback.

American Hartford Gold Group Company Information