Call toll free
4.75/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

248 The Hartford Gold Group Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was careful to study on my own about who I wanted to buy from and I looked at Hartford Gold Group and the reviews. The team was a very nice group and I met so many people on their team each time that I talked to them. I’m in Georgia and they’re in California. You can see a professional website which I was very impressed with but not know for sure if they are really who they say they are. The guy, Adam, that I initially talked to, didn’t wanna go as low as I wanted him to on the upcharge. I got all the information and I told him that I was looking for a price that had 60 cents or something above spot. He said that it was normally a dollar above spot for a coin. I told him that if wanted me to buy from him and if he ever got closer to 60, he should let me know. He called me back a couple of weeks later and he was gonna give me that offer because of what I planned on buying. I appreciated it.

We talked about it again and then, his team followed up with me. He had a team that prepares for the delivery to make sure that everything is safe. Adam was so busy but he had such a wonderful team that I didn’t need to speak to him personally. I did a several times and they were a super group. They were very knowledgeable and I liked how easy it was to go on their website to find out what spot price was that day. The product was exactly what we wanted or even better. When we finally received the delivery, everything was perfect. Adam mentioned that he would be happy if we refer someone else to him and I did. Then, they called me later and asked me what the number was again. So, they may end up purchasing some items from Hartford Gold Group as well. If they do, then I’m supposed to get a little something too. They were nice and I would definitely purchase from Hartford Gold Group again.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I was a little worried about the bank confiscating my IRA, so I switched over and have it now with gold and silver. Subsequent to that, I also took one of my CDs that was renewing, and I purchased gold and silver for myself and maintain that in my big safe. I had two other precious metal investment companies that bugged me a lot and was not happy with. They kept calling with a different number all the time and that really upset me. But Hartford Gold has always been good. And I felt very comfortable with them right from the get-go.

The Hartford Gold team was not high pressure and they gave me plenty of time to think it over. They set me step-by-step on how I could have my IRA rollover and they were very thorough and explained everything to me, especially when I saw my first investment with the IRA. About $20,000 of it was a loss and they explained that the gold and silver was based on the melting rate and not the purchase rate, but that purchase rate for precious metals would be there and increase. And it's true. I've been seeing it increase.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My husband and I had a couple of IRAs that we wanted to roll over into metals and it worked out fine with Hartford Gold. First of all, with them I could make a phone call and get a human being without being routed through 40 different prompts. When we were setting everything up, their team was very pleasant and friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. Then, if there were glitches, they made it right.

There were a couple of glitches in getting our IRAs rolled over from Fidelity. So, there was some time delay and it seemed to take longer than it needed to, like over a month before falling out into STRATA. That seemed to be the biggest problem, but they made it right overall and I’m happy. On their end, Hartford was prompt and knowledgeable in giving us guidance in making our investment decisions and once again the Fidelity people were the ones dragging. But we won’t know until we start taking money out. On the whole, though, our experience with Hartford Gold was great and I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I wanted to convert some cash into metal. I looked up gold and I read on a number of companies. I saw that Bill O'Reilly reviewed Hartford Gold and he said this was the only one he’d deal with. I also looked at the reviews of people. I called and talked to them about a year ago, too. It was a roll in the dice for me and I thought I'd see how it would go. I worked with Jeremy and he was fun to talk to. He seemed to be good and he had his helpers call once in a while and send me stuff. He said he’s been selling stuff for a long time and it sounded like he knew what he was doing. Hartford is an honest outfit and they seemed like they came through with what they proposed. In fact, I got what they said when we started out. I would recommend them to others but I’d tell them to make up their own mind. I’m not gonna tell them what to do. Also, I wrote a review for Hartford Gold and they sent me a Mercury dime for my review, so I appreciated that.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My bank forgot I contributed two $500 checks to my IRA and one day, I got a call from a lady who asked if I knew they had $6,000 of my money just lying around. That money wasn't doing anything for years until I got that call. I pulled it all out. I did my research on companies and started calling and talking to people. I found out how much they knew and I could tell when somebody is in a hurry and wants to get things over with. I talked to a guy who just sent me some papers and wanted me to sign. I read it over before I signed and there was a lot of hidden costs for every little thing, including storage, and by the time I paid all those, my money will be all gone.

Somehow or another, I wound up with Joe and he helped me with everything. I didn't know how to go about buying coins or what was the best thing for me, for the money. He was patient in answering all my questions and explained everything to where I understood it, including how things are gonna go down. The thing that made up my mind was the trust that grew between Joe and I when we were talking. My husband asked if I was sure it's not some kind of scam and I told him we have been texting each other back and forth for a while.

Being leery and not knowing anything, I wanted to know everything. I was scared, but Joe made me feel comfortable. I had a lot of problems with my bank trying to get my money out, but I'm glad I trusted my instincts because I felt secure and I trusted Joe. He didn't flinch when I wanted to go into details about things. He was so helpful and I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm happy about my experience with Hartford. It was wonderful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I researched on the internet and The Hartford was one of the top recommended companies to go with. I liked the rates as far as fees. The two guys I worked with were very helpful. They answered my questions. They gave very timely responses to my phone calls or questions and I was really happy with both of them. They also followed through with everything they said they would do, my little free coin and those kinds of things. I’m older, though and people talk a lot faster, and I would ask them to repeat things, and they would slow down. The gal that gave the information also talked way too fast. Other than that, I was very happy with them so I would certainly recommend them. It turned out to have been a good experience, worked out quite nicely, and I’d go back.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I'd been thinking about buying a little gold and silver for a while and Hartford was the convenient one that came along,. Plus Bill O'Reilly was on there, and I trust him. I didn’t know how to go about their service and I didn’t know anything about it, but the rep Adam was very patient and knowledgeable. He took all the time that I needed to help me understand. I still don’t quite understand all of it, but he helped me out a lot. I'm considering buying some more right now.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I took my IRA out and put it into Hartford's gold account. Thus far, everything has gone well and I'm satisfied. I've received great guidance from them and I'm pretty happy with my investment.

Original review: June 7, 2019

They closed down the stores that I worked at and I’ve got a 401(k) that’s sitting there. The stock market had been going down so I decided to move it over to something that’s more solid so I contacted The Hartford Gold Group. I love to go online. I love Hartford and I thought that when I was talking to them, they seemed like a better fit for me. They were friendly were really just trying to help. The guys were really nice. I had two different guys I spoke with and they explained what the processes were and how everything was gonna go. They asked me what I felt I was looking for. One of the guys was the same age as I was and so he was kinda giving me advice as far as how he was setting his up and that was what he would recommend. They talked to me about different options but they gave me the best advice.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I had been wanting to invest in metals for some time. I went with The Hartford Gold Group and their reps were all very proactive and customer service oriented. They're very knowledgeable and helpful as well. Overall, working with Hartford was a positive experience.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Information