4.50/5
Based on 177 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

The Hartford Gold Group has helped thousands of individuals and families to protect and diversify their wealth through precious metals. We offer a variety of precious metals in order to give our customers the most options when choosing to invest. Our products include physical gold, silver, platinum coins and bars, as well as a Precious Metals IRA. The Precious Metals IRA was created in order to help retirement investors achieve greater financial security with physical precious metals inside a traditional IRA account. Contact us today to learn more about our products, services, and how we can assist you!

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 11, 2018

180 The Hartford Gold Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2018

I've been doing a lot of study in the history of the US Dollar and wanted to get into gold. I was searching online and I liked what The Hartford Gold Group’s website stated. Vincent contacted me and told me all that I needed to know based on my questions. I had already known my basic stuff and Vincent helped me out and from there, I made my decisions. I was impressed by his knowledge. He was very friendly and courteous and wasn't a pushy salesman. He'd let me call him and didn't drill me and call me every single day. That gave me enough time to think and not feel pressured and want to turn the switch off. And when I asked a question, he was able to fill in any gaps that I had. Once I became a member though and logged in to their website, it was not user-friendly. I got around it but there were some things that were a little elusive for me to find.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I went with Hartford Gold Group because they were very professional, listened to all my concerns and questions, and they really followed up. They took ownership of what they were doing within. I was very satisfied with the guidance they gave me. Communication was very easy as well. They also took their time and they didn’t rush anything.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I had a 401 that I was going to roll over to an IRA and I started thinking about gold. I’d heard of Hartford before and it got my attention on the email that I had one day. I’ve been talking to Adam and one or two other people and it's been a good interaction. I’ve called Adam back a couple of times and asked him other questions about gold, gold coins and other ads for gold from other people. So far, I’ve been alright with what I’ve been hearing. If he’s on a call with somebody else, I leave a message and he calls me back.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I looked into precious metal investment because I wanted to diversify some of our cash. I looked over a couple of metal investment companies and the Hartford Gold Group seemed to be the most honest. They were good and weren’t pushy. I asked them what they had to offer and they told us. We made a selection and carried it on. The guidance that they provided to me was excellent. Their team was very professional and prompt with their return calls. Also, they answered my questions clear so we could understand them. I would recommend Hartford Gold Group.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Jonathan from Hartford Gold kept calling me and they had the product that I was looking for. I had been buying Silver Eagles and I thought, “Ugh. Let me try something different,” and they came up with it. I bought some three-ounce silver coins and some one-ounce silver coins from them that were silver content. The guidance they gave me seemed pretty logical to me. The coins I bought were kind of investment type coins. Their idea was to hold them for two to three years and then as silver moves up, take profit on them and maybe reinvest or buy gold.

It was easy to do the bank draft and then they shipped the coins to me. I have them in the safe. It was an easy transition and I’ll probably buy some more in the future. Also, I like talking to Jonathan and Grant. They answered a lot of questions for me and made it easy to do. I was talking to Jonathan and he was talking about buying Bitcoin or Ethereum. It was kind of an interesting conversation that I had with him. Not that I’m really interested in doing it, but my main thing was to be able to turn around and sell them without the government intervening.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Hartford Gold Group?

Original review: March 11, 2018

I purchased the silver because I wanted to have something that was threatening the dollar. With the little money I have, I wanted to put it into something that wouldn’t evaporate. I wanted to have something solid. Everything I’ve purchased, I’ve always received so I’m pretty satisfied with it. I’m getting on up in age and I want to have something to leave for my kids when I go.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I was checking gold on the internet and the bits of information they put up the sites. I was flipping back and forth over different companies but I just felt a little bit more comfortable with Hartford. Getting started was extremely difficult, to know what questions to ask, to get the answers that I was looking for in order to make the right decisions. But I went with my gut feeling even though I didn’t know exactly all the ramifications as far as what it would cost me and the differentiation between the different prices.

I received good guidance from Hartford and up until this point, I got the answers I needed. However, I would have liked to know how much it was costing me and how much they were charging me. Because there are several different companies out there and everybody’s got their own charges and rates. And Hartford was very vague and didn’t give me that answer. They went around it several different times. And when I talk with other gold groups, they say it’s important to get that information because this is how we differ. We’re able to get it at spot price or whatever price that is. So in that regard, Hartford needs to be upfront on exactly what it’s going to cost.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I bought some gold from Hartford. My interaction with their team was very successful. I had a very satisfactory experience.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I shopped and found Hartford Gold's website. Dave, the person I worked with, explained things. He was able to discuss my options and help me make an investment decision. It's all been good. And when I get more money I'll invest more.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I went with them to buy silver coins, and the rep I dealt with was good and he explained everything well. Overall, Hartford was good.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I kept hearing about how Hartford takes the 401k and that they buy gold and silver for your IRA. They’re the first ones that got back to me and their team has been very pleasant and helpful. I’m very pleased with what they've done for me.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I don’t trust the economy and I think they're going to bail-ins and steal all my money. That was why I called Hartfold Gold and I liked the way they handled business. They charged me for the gold and silver though, and made big money so my investment almost went in half. But that was the one thing I didn’t really like. Besides, getting my money out of that IRA is probably gonna go nowhere. That has been going nowhere for years. I've talked to a bunch of people about it and I recommended Hartfold Gold Group.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Hartford Gold Group was fine, and they gave good guidance. I'm happy, and I do not have to do anything.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Hartfold Gold is a precious metals broker that specializes in establishing a precious metals IRA. I wanted to diversify some money in my rollover IRA into precious metals and I wanted to get into actual precious metals rather than a virtual ETF-type investment. Everyone that I talked to was quite knowledgeable and seemed like they knew what they were doing, which helped me keep my confidence that everything would be handled correctly. They are also very streamlined in the paperwork and they have reasonable fees on an annual basis. I was satisfied with my experience and I would tell others to check them out.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I was looking at a bunch of different gold group, and I landed on Hartford. I was worried about the dollar and so I was looking for some safety. I then put about half of my investment dollar into gold and silver. Their salesmen were very personable and they sold me. They did their job very well, but, in hindsight, I probably paid too much. They could make less money. If you are buying cornflakes, there is not much to it. But when you are buying gold, they can take up what sounds like a very small chunk and then when you look at it, it is like, "Oh, boy." When you are a working man and they take $7,000 or $8,000, that hurts. But, I have had it quite a while and I might be breaking even right now. And so, I feel a little better about it right now. I have never touched it, and it is just laid there all this time, so, at least, I did not lose all of it. If I had to do it all over again, though, I would have made twice as many phone calls and have people competing against one another.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I went with Hartford to diversify my retirement. I talked to them first and they offered the ability to store it at the house. Then, I got into it, called them up and I just left it over there. Their team was good, and everything went well.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Once you become a client, they seem to think they own you. You are unable to buy or sell except through the person assigned to you. The problem is they may not always be in the office. This can end up wasting a lot of time as they are not always able to promptly return phone calls. Not a desirable situation when dealing with values up or down.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had money in a 401(k) and I was thinking about, at that point, where the stock market had been. I figured that gold and silver may be the safer way to go. Hartford Gold was the only company I had talked to, as far as the deals, but I was very satisfied. The people were very good and knowledgeable, and it was not high-pressure. My experience was positive and every now and then, they would call and talk if I got any questions or go over some of the stuff on the account. They've been really good that way.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

A lot of these companies contacted me and I was talking to four of them. But I really liked David. He sounded sincere and genuine so I worked with him. He was very easy to talk to and he sounded like he really wanted to help me. He also seemed very knowledgeable. He was just right and he made it easy. I told him I needed to think about it and he wasn't pushy. I had been thinking about it for six months and talking to different people but I wasn't comfortable with anybody else. I called him back and told him what I wanted to do with him.

I found out after that that he had left to follow his dreams and everybody, even his supervisor and the guy after him who called me to introduce himself, was very nice. I really liked all of them there. With some of those sellers, all they want to do is sell you something and nobody in Hartford was like that. That was why I liked the whole thing. They all were, “If you need anything, call me.” And I felt they meant it genuinely. I would easily recommend them over anybody.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I went to Los Angeles and a company was advertising that to protect your IRA money from the government, you should transfer your IRAs into silver and gold. I believed that to be true and they put me on to Hartford Gold. It was a matter of transferring our IRA money to Hartford Gold and opening accounts in gold and silver and just leaving it there. I started working with them January of last year and they took care of that and it was done.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I had a good experience with Hartford Gold Group. I looked out for the gold app and did some research, and I was quite pleased with what I found. The representative I dealt with was very professional and really explained to me what the process was. And I will be using Hartford in the future after the taxes are cut.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I've had several conversations with Hartford Gold Group and I bought some gold and silver coins from them. I’ve been with them for less than two years and I’m pleased with my experience with them. Sometimes, they would call and update me if there's a new issue coming out, or if they happen to get a nice hoard in from somebody. It’s nice that I don't have to put thousands of dollars in if I want to just invest $5,000 or a small amount. The variety is also good because they have coins and bullion like most other companies. I've been collecting coins since I was a kid so it's a natural thing. I keep them in the bank so they're safe. Aside from the pleasure of having them, if the coins outlast me, they will go to my daughter and grandkids. The tax ramifications are different with coins, too.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I bought gold coins from Hartford Gold Group as an alternative investment. There was one guy who called me several times and followed up before I made my decision. He did a good job and wasn't pushy. I called to buy some American Eagles and he said it wasn't right and instead told me to buy some gold coins that are limited-mint. He knew a lot more about it than I do so I did it. I paid $2,000 an ounce instead of $1,300 an ounce. Hartford has been fine and I’m satisfied with them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My insurance is under Hartford and I was curious as to what Hartford Gold was. I put around $30,000 into the savings there for precious metals. I’ve spoken to the team and they were courteous and pleasant. However, I get requests to put more into the savings. And I keep trying to get to them and tell them that I will do it when I can afford to do it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We had most of our portfolio in stocks and bonds and when the stock market crashed, I wanted to diversify my portfolio and get a big piece of our nest egg out of the market. I talked to a couple of companies and thought that The Hartford Gold Group had a better reputation. I spent quite a bit of time on the telephone with my agent. He answered all of my questions and was very helpful. He also provided some written talking points that I used to inform my wife about them and why I diversified into gold. I’ve got a good experience with them and I would encourage my friends to use Hartford.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I’m a participant in a couple of programs that particularly follow gold and silver including large miners, junior miners and the bullion itself. I was interested in purchasing some actual coins as opposed to just equity securities. At Hartfold Gold, there was a salesperson who was very diligent in following up calls. He kept up with me for five months and not in an obnoxious manner. If I said, "Let’s talk in a couple of weeks," he would call or send an email in a couple of weeks. So when I was ready, I was transferred over to a person who would actually handle the transaction and it worked very smoothly. Everything was explained to me well and I felt comfortable.

I also was originally thinking of going into silver coins but they explained to me some of the challenges with silver coins. So I followed their advice to go in with mint silver coins as opposed to the dime or quarter silver coins. They were clear on explaining what the motivations might be to enter into that transaction and it made sense to me to go in that direction. After talking to them, that was the direction I went in.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

When I talked to Hartford Gold, I decided that they had what I thought I needed so I went with them. I was looking for some more precious metals to buy and they suggested that I go with silver rather than gold if I wasn’t set on the idea of gold. I thought that, with what I knew, that that was probably a good idea so I went with that and then I got everything taken care of through the bank. I got them paid and they shipped it. It was simple. Plus, they knew what they were doing. If I had a question or concern, they had an answer.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

After googling Hartford Gold, I contacted them to get the price on gold. They wanted to explain the knowledgeable portions of it but I didn’t really want to hear everything. I just wanted to get a price on gold. But it seemed like the price kept changing from one of the guys. So I had to talk to one of the bosses and he ended up emailing it to me. We settled on a good price and we bought $100,000 worth of gold. It was a high-pressure deal. So, before buying or calling Hartford Gold, interested people should know what they want.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I wanted to transfer my IRA from paper stock to physical gold and Hartford Gold made it easy for me to do that. They took care of all the paperwork and reimbursed me through the transfer fees from Ameriprise where my IRA was. I’m satisfied with Hartford Gold. I can view my portfolio online and watch the values. It was straightforward and pretty to do. The next step would be when I start drawing it, which I hope will go as planned.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had lots of questions about buying gold and silver and the Hartford Gold people were very nice. Whoever contacted me was very professional and good. He sounded smart and helpful without calling me back every day. I had every question in the world answered and I called the next day with more questions. Customer satisfaction was the most important to me. I was really happy with Hartford. So far, gold is up, so we’re doing good. I'd recommend them.

The Hartford Gold Group Company Information