4.8/5 (101 ratings)

About American Hartford Gold

American Hartford Gold Group is a family-owned business that sells precious metals and precious metal IRAs. Physical precious metals are available as bars or coins. Gold and silver IRAs are an alternative to traditional IRAs that allow you to invest in precious metals. These IRAs can also help diversify your retirement savings.

Pros

• Buyback commitment
    • High customer ratings
    • No shipping fees

Cons

• Metal investments carry risks
    • No prices on online catalog

Bottom Line

American Hartford Gold offers precious metals and gold IRAs. Metals are typically sold in coin or bar form. A gold IRA lets you invest in precious metals in a tax-advantaged way and store them at a secure facility.

American Hartford Gold Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Hartford Gold?

Original review: June 1, 2022

They were very accommodating and did what they said they were gonna do. I was pleased with the overall experience.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Randy!

We appreciate your continued trust in us.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Had a great experience with Joe and he explained everything throughout our conversation and helped me understand what buying gold and silver is all about, as a first time buyer! He answered questions I had and discussed a variety of options that were available too. Very helpful.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Bradley.

We are so glad to hear that you were provided with excellent customer service. I will pass on your kind comments to Joe and I will let him know that you are satisfied with his efforts.

Resolution response: June 13, 2022

After receiving my original review American Hartford Gold reached out to me. They did their best to regain my confidence. The complaint department representatives are very skilled. They seemed to care about correcting the issues and did compensate me for the inconvenience.

Original review: May 25, 2022

The first guy I dealt with at American Hartford was not good at all. He was very unresponsive. He made the excuse that he deals with 100 customers a month. That doesn't make me feel good. If they got too many customers to deal with to make sure one problem isn't solved, then I'm not about to give them any more business. I had a lot of complaints about him. I filed some complaints with his supervisor, and then his supervisor took care of my case from there. It wasn't a very good experience to deal with. Ultimately, when his supervisor said that, for my troubles, he would compensate me, I didn't expect anything and he didn't do anything. So, it was what it was and I haven't gone back to them. I bought a small amount from them and I don't think I'm gonna buy any more. I didn't feel like they had my interest.

Hello Toby,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience.

Our team is very well trained and versed in how to take care of the client and provide them with excellent service. I apologize if this was not the case for you.

Please contact me at 310-586-3170 so that I can get more information from you. Hopefully, we can resolve this matter.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I bought $200,000 of silver and gold from American Hartford Gold Group. Blake was good, except he said I was supposed to get 2,000 in bonus silver, but I never got it. I also didn’t get a statement yet either in the mail.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, James.

I will pass on your feedback to Blake, and I will make sure that this misunderstanding is rectified. Please except an email with your statement and a tracking number for your bonus coins.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

Original review: May 19, 2022

American Hartford Gold Group helped me transfer my 4019(k) that I had, and transfer it to them. They walked me right through it. It was awesome. They gave me my options as to why this is for long a term investment, which is what I needed, because I couldn't retire right away anyway. This is gold, but you have to have the melt down value. They went through all the different values of it, and why you get coins. They were quite thorough, although I'm not, so they were very good.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you so much for your review, Beverly!

We are glad to hear about your positive experience. Our executives go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service and provide the much needed information clients request.

If there is anything further we can assist with, please let us know.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 18, 2022

When I reached out to Hartford Gold, I got some pretty good information. Because I had some money in my 401(k), and I’m of the age where I can take money out, I tried to invest some of it in gold and silver.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Andrew.

We are thrilled to hear about your experience and we are glad to hear that you were provided with excellent customer service.

If there is anything we can assist with further, please let us know.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I purchased some gold from them and it was really nice experience. It was well-handled. The reps were very helpful and explained to me everything. I really appreciate everything they've done and I was thinking about purchasing some more in the future.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Hector.

We are so glad to hear about your positive experience.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold!

Original review: May 16, 2022

I liked Jacob, the guy I worked with. He was really good at explaining, "Hey, there are different ways or strategies of buying gold and silver and there are different purposes for it as well." I was pretty happy with that.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, John.
    I will make sure Jacob receives your considerate feedback.

We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 15, 2022

Our experience with them was really good. The only thing we were worried about was the time it took for our gold and silver to get to the vault. It took a long time. We contacted the person who handled our case and he assured us but it was still nerve-wracking waiting because we even got an email saying our stuff had not been shipped yet.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Tracy.
    We appreciate your feedback. We hope that despite the shipping delay, you were provided with excellent customer service.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 14, 2022

When I spoke with them, it was very comfortable. They did not try to sell me where I didn't need to be. They were very easy going and they explained things on my level of understanding.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Shelly.
    Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad that we made you feel comfortable and secure in your decision.

We are always here to help and we look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Original review: May 13, 2022

This is my first investment of this kind. Joseph ** was very informative and patient with me. He explained the history of the company, the options of gold and silver, his suggestions on quantity and why, ordering and shipping. He gave me the best possible deal. He called me with the order he had planned and it is about 6 weeks out and should be about ready for our delivery. I have called him in between times with some questions and he responds very quickly and always friendly and willing to help. Thank you a great experience.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Patricia.

Your comments have been shared with Joseph and the team.
    When we hear from happy clients like you, we spread the positivity around!

We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I was buying with selling in mind and their buyback is much higher. They put me in touch with a sales agent and I made a small purchase. I liked the way it went and made a larger purchase. I had a very good experience with them. I recommend American Hartford Gold. I'm confident that they're an above-board and legitimate company.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Michael.

Your feedback means a lot to us, and we appreciate the time you took our of your day to let us know that we are doing an excellent job.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I wanted to place an order for silver, and American Hartford Gold's team was straightforward. I had no problem. We received the package.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, John!

We appreciate your feedback and your continued trust in us.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I wasn't really happy with what I bought from American Hartford. I wanted a regular silver buyer. I wasn't really happy because they were not worth the money that I spent on them. I wouldn't really recommend them. They did do what they said they were gonna do. They were honest. But then, they didn't explain that it's like I'll be 80 before I can cash in and make any money. I could have made more money on financing.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Bill.

Our number one priority is making sure that all our clients are satisfied with our services and efforts. If this was not the case for you, please call us at 310-586-3170 so that we can hear your concerns.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon!

Original review: May 10, 2022

Had a great experience with Hartford Gold. Had Joseph ** as my Rep. and he has done an excellent job. He answered all my questions, and he was patient along the way. I am very pleased with my purchase. Great job Joe!

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Marianne.
    We appreciate your feedback and your continued trust in us.

Joseph Coles is an exceptional senior executive here, and you were in very good hands.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Original review: May 10, 2022

American Hartford is a great company. Their customer service listened to my concerns and answered all my questions. It's just when my purchase was transferred, I could never log into the account and I've been trying to get it cleared up, but I have other priorities. I haven't been able to work on it.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Annmarie.

We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services and that you were provided with excellent service.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: May 3, 2022

After being treated very poorly by Birch Gold, Joseph ** was a breath of fresh air. He treated us as valued customers even though we weren't spending a lot, he made sure we understood everything and took a lot of time to do so.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Rosetta.

We appreciate your trust in us, and we look forward to being of assistance to you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: April 22, 2022

B.J. and Jeff treated me with patience, care and expert advice in securing my retirement funds with precious metals. They were extremely pleasant to work with and have brought me so much peace about my future with their expert advice and guidance. Thanks to Hartford Gold, I can sleep better at night.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Lisa.
    We are so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and we appreciate the time you took out of your day to leave us positive feedback.

I will pass on your comments to BJ and Jeff so that they know that you are pleased with their efforts!

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I really can't say enough about the quality of service I received from American Hartford. I did my homework before choosing them and it really paid off. Phillip, Vince and Matt make a great team and they really seemed to care! Vince is so easy to work with and he helped me rollover an IRA and invest in gold and silver at just the right time. Matt is a courageous team player who helped slide things along. But it was Phillip who patiently helped me at ever single step of the way. That level of service for such a small investor is amazing! Thanks guys. : )

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for review, Laura.
    We appreciate your continued business and loyalty with us. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

I will pass on your comments to Phillip, Vince, and Matt and will let them know you are satisfied with their efforts.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I am a first time investor. What a great team at American Hartford Gold. Luke, Steve and Wally were all very helpful, knowledgeable and professional. I've had a great experience and I expect you will too!

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Andrea.

We are thrilled that you had a satisfactory experience with us. I will pass on your comments to Luke, Steve, and Wally and I will let them know that you are pleased with their efforts.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

This was a first time precious metal investment for my husband and me. Throughout the entire process we had excellent help and advice. Steven ** and Kyle ** were excellent sales representatives, very polite, and explained every step as we purchased the metals.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Sandra.
    We appreciate your continued business with us, and we are happy to be of service.

I will pass on your comments to Steven and Kyle so that they know you are satisfied with their efforts.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Everyone I dealt with were friendly and answered all my questions, they responded in a timely manner and helped me every step of the process, even calling my 401k company to move the money to the proper account and then have a check cut properly. My precious metals have shipped and I am waiting for them to arrive at the depository, I recommend Hartford and will use them again.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Mark.

We appreciate your continued business with us, and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

From day one, my experience with these associates have been nothing but pleasant. Their professionalism and mannerism has been outstanding. No matter how trivial my questions have been, they patiently deliver my answers and make me feel like I’m their one and only client.

American Hartford Gold response

Thank you for your review, Shawn. We appreciate your continued business and we look forward to working with you again. I will pass on your comments to Matt, Jacob, and Jenni.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I worked with Scott ** and Sean ** to establish a Traditional IRA and process a funds rollover into the account. Both were extremely helpful in educating me on the subject of a Gold IRA. I worked with Sean ** to create a precious metals portfolio for my Gold IRA. He was extremely knowledgeable about the current precious metals landscape and provided valuable insight into my portfolio preparation.

He patiently explained all the categories and types of metals available that could be included in my portfolio. He answered all my question and alleviated any hesitation I had about making decisions regarding my portfolio content. I feel the portfolio we established will adequately satisfy my long term goals. I highly recommend American Hartford Gold for anyone desiring to include precious metals in their portfolio diversification.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Albert.
    We are so happy to hear that you had a seamless experience.

We are dedicated to going that extra mile for our clients and we are glad to be of service.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Sales team followed up when they said they would. Kelvin asked relevant questions to understand my need. He explained the different types of metals investments and the expectations regarding spread. I decided where I wanted to be. He then presented investment options in alignment with my goals. After explaining the traits of each investment I was able to determine which ones I preferred. Kelvin assisted in breaking my investment between gold and silver in the percentages I chose and provided my quantities and price for each unit. To this point everything has been as advertised and I am satisfied with my purchase. What is left is delivery. I cannot comment on that yet. Thanks.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you so much for your review, Chad!

We strive towards providing the best customer service to all our clients and we are pleased to know you are satisfied with our services. I will pass on your comments to Kelvin.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My experience with the Hartford Gold Group was outstanding! Throughout the entire process, I was treated professionally and personally. I was given the time needed to make all decisions and never pressured.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your positive review, John!

We are happy to be of service to you and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Vince was extremely helpful and explained things in a easy to understand manner for a 1st time buyers like us. Even though we only spent a small amount I felt we were treated like we were spending much more. Overall a great experience and I look forward to investing more funds in the future and I can tell you, we will be calling Vince ** when we do. Thanks.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Thomas! We are so pleased to know that you are satisfied with our efforts and services.

I will pass on your kind words to Vince!

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

I entrusted a portion of our wealth with American Hartford Gold. The experience was outstanding, with great people in every interaction, excellent follow-up and follow through, and a strong level of confidence partnering with AHG! Jack, Alex, Nick, Johanna, and all of the AHG team members were tremendously helpful and friendly! I highly endorse and recommend the American Hartford Gold team to help you preserve and grow your wealth with!

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you so much for your review, Jeff! Reviews like yours make our day because it makes all the hard work worthwhile.
    I will pass on your comments on to Jack, Alex, Nick, and Johanna and let them how how pleased you are with their efforts.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

When calling our representative, Jacon M. we always get fast, smooth customer service. He goes thru each step of our transaction and explains everything to us. He takes his time with all of our questions. Each order is of the highest quality and gets here on time.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, David!

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our services. I will pass on your comments to Jacob M.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

American Hartford Gold was recommended by several conservative people like Roman Balmakov. Daniel ** has been helping us transfer my IRA to a precious metals base. He answered a multitude of my questions patiently and knowledgeably. The transaction was finalized today, and I am confident that I have made the best choice for my IRA with Daniel's help. I will recommend Mr. ** and American Hartford Gold to my brother.

American Hartford Gold response
    Thank you for your review, Luz!

We are so pleased to hear that your experience with AHG was a positive one! I will pass on your comments to Daniel and I will let him know you are pleased with his efforts.

Thank you for choosing American Hartford Gold! We look forward to working with you and your family in the future!

American Hartford Gold Company Information