Suntrust Mortgage
1.15/5
Based on 277 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Suntrust Mortgage

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

363 Suntrust Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Had a mortgage for our home over 13 years paid on time, after divorce and government furlough I missed 1 payment, they treat you like crap. Calls hounding for payment, blocked online activity. Had to go into a bank to make payment. Would not allow a smaller payments to try to catch up. Don't use this bank, they don't support any of the federal mortgage assistance programs. Long waits for Customer Service. There are other mortgage options. Avoid Suntrust.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

2014 - I opened a $50,000 Line of Credit. I opened this because I was diagnosed with Breast cancer and thought I might need cash quickly. (My husband died 6 months prior.) I sold my house within the year. This line of credit was evidently not included in the payoff. Since I had not used it, I was unaware there was $100 owed. I have not discovered why. I have been told by SunTrust it was possibly a fee charge, $100 deposited in my account (I didn’t have a SunTrust Account), etc. Due to health concerns, I moved to Florida near my son and purchased another home. (This mortgage was thru another company. SunTrust bought my mortgage a few months later).

This home has been sold (Late 2017). Both homes were paid in full, on time, and no late payments! Now in October 2018, this appears on my credit rating as being 3-6-9 month late! I was never billed and the address for the account was in Milton, Florida. (Not only have I never lived there, I do not know where it is!) To this point, I have paid the amount (under protest) and have only been able to get it marked paid on the credit report. I do not mind the $100. I mind the damage to my credit and SunTrust’s lack of concern for a good customer’s credit! Why if this was not paid did you buy my new mortgage? I want a letter explaining this was placed on my credit in error, removed, and marked pd in full. Until this is done, I cannot purchase a new home even though all other creditors are paid in full and on time!

Get expert buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I was scammed out of $500 May 2018. I went to the local bank. Filed a complaint and to this day I have not got any money back. They investigated and even told me they knew I was scammed but I have not got my money back. My husband has cancer and is disabled. I will be looking for a new bank as soon as I can. That's why two of our town banks have closed is because they don't care about their customers. My mom, dad and son all are changing banks.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

On November 21st, 2018 had vehicle to do damage to my home. My homeowner's insurance gave me a claims check to me. I had to submit my check to Suntrust over a month ago. I’ve had a contractor to repair some damage to my home and I’ve called 10 times, talked to different representatives & have been given a different excuse every time and have submitted all forms they have asked for over 4 times & today 1/6/19 the W9 from contractor is not matching his IRS number and everything is correct. I was told today my claim check is in a escrow account and will get my proceeds/funds to me in different disbursements amounts to me I will not get all back at once. I’ve never been so frustrated and upset. I can’t get my home finished & was told today it would take 10 to 15 working days for me to receive my first check. It’s been over 30 days exactly 41 days now. Now I disgusted with Suntrust keeping my funds, so now I am going to go to an attorney today.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I have refinanced my home shortly after having it originally financed with another company. I regret it to this day. Yes I got a better interest rate, but it has NOT been worth the headache and harassment that I get from DontTrust. If I wasn't planning to sometime soon fix up and sell this house, I would refinance again and find some other company, even if it meant a worse deal. I sometimes work temporary contracts, so my income isn't always constant. There have been times when I fell behind with my mortgage payments. I tell them that I will catch up soon after I get my next assignment, but they continue to threaten and harass me with phone calls and tons of unwanted mail and phone calls. I always catch up with payments, and they don't really need to make that big of a deal of it, but they do.

They just called me and everything was ok until they had to read the stupid spiel "this is an attempt to collect a debt, any information will be used for that purpose..blah blah blah"... Sorry but that statement (and I know they're required), I find it threatening and it pisses me off and I will hang up. oh also the "this call will be recorded". I don't take kindly to being humiliated and threatened using that language. I've told them in plain language what the issue is and that I will catch up on payments, they need to stop harassing me, period! I can't wait to get out of this mortgage and buy a house that is a better fit for us. There is no way I would ever deal with Suntrust again. There are plenty of other banks that don't treat you like crap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

These people are the absolute worst in the business. I wouldn't refer these people to anyone in this world. I have had the worst experience ever with them in the three years that I have owned my home. They screwed up on my accountant 2 out of 3 years. People psa if you ever hear Suntrust run. Do not get a loan or anything else with these idiots!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Like someone else said I wish they had a zero star. Trying to pay off my mortgage but they want me to use snail mail! I went to two different locations to hand them the “cash” but they said they couldn’t take it, that I have to mail it or electronically send it in which they want $25 for. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I’m putting it in the mail in which I’ll have to guess how many days of interest I need to add and then they can send me back what’s left if any. Without interest I’m sure! You would think in this electronic world we live in a bank could take and post money.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We had some plumbing issues with our home, for which Suntrust holds the mortgage. We reached out to tap into our home equity, which is in excess of $200,000. Suntrust said they simply couldn't do anything for us since Colorado is "outside their footprint". Whatever the hell this means, they could offer us no suggestions or help. They don't consider Colorado of any significance nor give any service, yet will still take your mortgage. Summary: Don't use or trust Suntrust in Colorado.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

After repeatedly giving this company all the documents they requested, and being told I would receive a disbursement check to begin repairs on my house, another delay. This time, completely fabricated, they claimed my house was shown as a total loss on the adjuster's worksheet, and Suntrust wanted blueprints of the new house I was building. Just incredible. The adjuster's worksheet clearly lists repairs to be made to the house, and Suntrust was in possession of a signed contract detailing those repairs. I can only assume this was yet another delay tactic, or worse an attempt to either cause me to default on my mortgage or try to take my insurance funds and apply them to the remaining balance on my mortgage. What a horrible way to treat people that have already suffered such great losses.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This is NOT a reputable company. They bought the loan on my home from the bank I used, and have been dishonest and unscrupulous since. They have very poor security, even worse customer service, and unethical accounting practices. They recently changed the escrow amount on my loan, and when the subsequent to next payment was short by the increased escrow payment, they did not apply the funds to the loan, and kept my payment for a month without notification. Then they went and reported the loan as having a late payment. They are not to be trusted.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The following is my opinion, based on my personal experience spanning a period of two months after which my loan was denied. Absolutely the most horrific, unprofessional, uninformed, and deceptive banking experience I have ever had. A total atmosphere of mistrust, and uncooperativeness. The loan officers know nothing about their product, do not communicate AT ALL (or very minimally) with you on how to get your loan approved in difficult/challenging situations.

It is the job of the loan officer to present challenges to each case, provide solutions, and get the loan approved. In my case, a small payment on some revolving accounts would have given me a score of 680 allowing for a 50% debt to income ratio. Instead focus was placed in idiotic items like missing signature lines which could be otherwise easily verified, questions over which I had no control, IE why a construction loan wasn't being reported to the credit bureaus, or why I didn't state whether there was a lien on the same, technicalities which made no difference to the loan process, but that could be easily resolved through effective communication.

Ms. ** DID ABSOLUTELY nothing to present ideas, and or solutions. Most communication with her was through 6:00 PM emails, rudimentarily sent to cover her bases. Ms. Janelle ** was out of the picture during the first week, I actually thought she had taken a long leave of absence as only ONE (maybe two) call to her was ever answered, the rest all went to voice mail. I was NEVER able to reach Ms. ** by telephone, except on three instances where she called me back, after my pleas for her to do so.

The only bright light in this process was Noor ** who actually DID communicate ideas, and solutions, albeit she was pretty much kept out of the loop. She should be promoted, Ms. ** should be fired, and Ms. ** should take on a lesser administrative role, with minimal contact requirements with outside clients. Suntrust calls itself a conservative lender according to their senior manager, Sharon **. This is not conservatism, this is Trumpism at its worst. A total chaotic, uninformed, and mistrusting environment guaranteed to fail you at every step of the way. Please do yourselves a favor, and avoid them. If you don't believe my opinion, simply read the other reviews, and pay attention to the very low rating.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

On 9/17/18, I was prompted to enter either my loan number or social security number - which I entered my SSN - followed by the # sign - twice. Both times received a response it was invalid! Website is deplorable! Back on 8/5/18, I was forced to create a new user id and password, which I bookmarked at that time. Just yesterday and today, I went to that new website - not found! So, I had to go back to the former website and thank God I had retained my former user id and sign on (which I had changed way back on 11/27/15). Otherwise, I would not have been able to access my mortgage account!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

In 2009, I refinanced with Suntrust and it was approved. Then they drag their feet to close. Meanwhile I received notice FROM Suntrust that THEY had begun foreclosure proceeding against ME for nonpayment of a loan that they had not closed! Took 2 years and over 5000.00 in attorney's fees to get straight meanwhile my credit score dropped 400 points! HATE them! DISHONEST!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Suntrust Mortgage Inc. has been conducting its business in a rather intimidating, threatening, and harassing manner. On numerous occasions they have sent a fellow who goes by "Evan **" to take pictures of the property and home on which we have a mortgage. Without prior notice and without proper credentials, the fellow has shown up on weekends and various random times scoping out the property and taking photos: On the first occasion that we encountered the fellow and asked him for his credentials he did not even know by whom he was sent and scrolled through his phone to find out it was Suntrust Mortgage. When we asked him what his purpose was, he did not even know why he was roaming the property and taking pictures.

Just yesterday afternoon the fellow came by again and took pictures, followed by a loud banging on the front door. Luckily I was the only one here and my family was away, otherwise they would have felt threatened with the barrage of banging on the door as if we are wanted criminals. What's most disturbing is that Suntrust's practices continue though we received a letter that the mortgage is now under the ownership of a wholly different company. These practices instill fear and threat towards our safety and privacy. It has also caused disturbance external to us with neighbors wondering what is going on with all the mysterious cars showing up at random times even when we are not at the house and strangers prowling the property taking pictures. Please beware of this company's rogue conduct and practices.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I have been in a perpetual limbo for two months since I made the mistake of choosing Suntrust. The originator did not bother to speak to me about what type of loan I needed or how much down payment I was bringing or any of the details common during pre-approval. I received loan documents to sign with numbers that did not reflect anything I had applied for or even what was on the home contract. No one helped me correct the info. There has been little communication and when you ask questions you get unclear short email responses that avoid direct explanation.

The one time I received a phone call, it ended with someone telling me they would pass it along to their supervisor. I've been charged 500 dollars for an appraisal and it came back great. After waiting for any contact call after the appraisal, I was sent a vague letter that simply stated they were canceling the loan and I can request to know why. I am in pristine financial position to purchase and I've been delayed months due to waiting on any sort of information on what part of my process the loan is stuck on. Absolute garbage customer service. They should not be in the business of home loans. I hope no one else has to experience this.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I have a mortgage with Suntrust for about 12 years. At first they seemed to be customer service oriented but lately that has changed drastically. I was in the process of a divorce and was selling the house. The taxes and insurance are not in escrow. Paid the taxes late and have been fighting with Suntrust to stop trying to setup an escrow account. Twice they've setup an escrow, several calls and emails to get it removed. Now again they setup another escrow. The customer service is the worst. Sometimes you get someone that will help but it takes days and several attempts to get anything done. Selling the house and will never do anything with Suntrust bank again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have had 2 mortgages with Suntrust and UP UNTIL NOW, have been very satisfied. However, the insurance department has been AWFUL! My issue began after FEMA increased our flood premium from $500 to $2500 per year. We followed the necessary steps to have this reviewed and received an map amendment letter from FEMA specifying our zone which is a low risk. This took only a couple of weeks. I initially contacted Suntrust in March with this information and was told that we were no longer required to carry the flood policy. Suntrust stated it would take about 60 days to process and then we would receive a letter that could be presented to our insurance company to initiate a refund.

However, it has now been 3 months and no follow up has occurred from Suntrust. After SEVERAL phone calls (that take 15 minutes to get through the automated responses before you get a live person), I requested to speak to a supervisor. I was told no one was available, but someone would call back within 24 hours. I called Customer Service hoping someone would care about my satisfaction, but was transferred right back to the insurance department which gave me the same reply. I have very little faith that someone will call me today or that this will be resolved, so I'm exploring REFI options!

Original review: June 13, 2018

This is the worst mortgage company, please save yourself from the trouble and find a different company. I’ve been trying to refinance my home with them for about 3 months, they kept going back and forth needing papers and needing more information. Fast forward 3 months, I had spoke with about 30 people explaining my situation to each of them and they kept passing me to other people. My last loan officer which was the worst one yet was named Jerdon ** and his assistant that knew nothing about my case was named Cherice **. We were finally approved with them and were set for our closing cost on June 5th at 5 pm. They came to do the closing and we were almost set just had to sign the last paper which had a name typo so we couldn’t continue forward. That made our new closing date the following day on June 6th at 5 pm.

Around 5:30, it was getting late so I tried contacting my loan officer to see if he had changed the date or time. He did not answer as usual, he never did, or returned back any of my calls. I go to email him and he had sent me a email at 4:50 pm, the day of my closing AND said we can not do the refinance with them as we were no longer approved and we’d have to cancel the whole thing. This was 10 minutes BEFORE my closing, that he decided to let me know I can not do the mortgage with them after wasting nearly 3 months going back and forth with signing papers and getting more information and talking to different representatives. At NO POINT did any of them mention anything about me not being approved and they all said everything looked fine and we were set for the closing.

So basically they wasted my time for 3 months and money for 2 appraisals (because the first one wasn’t done right) and also money I had paid to my previous lender for 2 months of mortgage and fees in advanced so we could do the closing. I feel like this isn’t something they should have waited until the last 10 minutes before the day of the closing to tell me, and just day before had there not been a name typo on the paper we could have signed. I have been trying to get a hold of my loan officer and his manager since that day because for everyday that passes my old lender will charge me almost $400 in interest because we did not do the closing on time.

So my wonderful loan officer Jerdon, just left me stranded basically owning more money and solving nothing and won’t even answer me. I also talked to another person named Sabrina ** whom said she would take care of everything for me and now won’t answer my calls either or when she does pick up and she hangs up so I am very disappointed with Suntrust mortgage and would not recommend them at all.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have had nothing but positive experience with Suntrust mortgage. Have had it since 2005. We have had a great relationship. They send the bills and I make the payments.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I first contacted Suntrust Mortgage Home Preservation Department in November of 2017 to explain that my 92 yr old father was now in a nursing home and would no longer be living in his house and that as the Power of Attorney I wanted to talk to someone about options. They requested a copy of the POA before they could talk to me. I immediately mailed it to them. This is where the problems began. Every time you call in or you get a call from them it is a different person who you have to explain the situation each time. I have probably talked to 25 different people. Then when you do get a rep assigned to you it changes constantly, I have had four since this all started.

After they received the POA, I was told they would not provide any assistance other than a Deed in Lieu or it go into foreclosure. I told them I would like to start the Deed in Lieu process. In the meantime I continued to try and sell the property. After talking to a different person every time I called which I usually had to do for an update, or they called me I finally received in the mail a Borrower's Inquiry packet which I filled out completely and returned in their FedEx envelope. I used their checklist to make sure that I had returned everything and it was filled out correctly. Since I had already provided them a copy of the POA and they had been discussing this with me, I was told by client rep# 1, that I did not have to include it.

I was then contacted by client rep #2, that told me there was numerous documents missing that I needed to provide and I needed to provide a copy of the POA. This was now the second POA. So, even though I sent the documents they stated were missing and they had a POA since November 2017 and this was February I went ahead and mailed everything requested to them. I get a call from my client rep # 2 who stated that they now had a complete packet including the POA and that underwriting would review and send me a letter with their decision. I then received a letter stating that the Deed in Lieu had been approved as long as I complied with the letter and had the house vacant and secure by April 18, 2018 and that I could have utilities disconnected on April 22, 2018. I also had to send back the acceptance letter of the terms. So I complied with everything within the specified timeframe.

I followed up seven days later and was told I would be receiving another packet where I would sign over the deed to the house. Then, two weeks after I had complied with the April 18th and 22nd date, I get a call from yet another Client Representative # 3 stating that they could not move forward with the Deed in Lieu because they did not have a copy of the POA! This is now three times they have lost this document... I explained to her that it had been sent twice and that it was part of the complete packet that my previous client rep had called me and told me they had. She kept insisting that they didn't have it. So I finally got really upset and insisted she go look for it. Well she did and she found that one and probably the other's previously sent... So we were good to go at that point. But not after me sending many emails and calling in asking for a supervisor who I never was able to talk to nor would they ever call me back.

So now, the house has been vacant and ready for them to send me the paperwork to sign the deed over and I get a call from a client rep, by the way is not even my client representative, I have a new client rep # 4, who I have never talked to nor will she call me after sending her many emails requesting a call. The client rep stated that the Deed in Lieu would not move forward unless I recorded the POA at the courthouse! This was the first time since November of 2017 that I had heard anything about that. It was not even part of the packet instructions to be in compliance. They approved the Deed in Lieu without it being recorded and then in the final hour throws this at me.

I do not live in the area and it will cost $21.00 to $35.00 to record it when no other government agency or any other bank has required it. I finally got so upset this rep put a supervisor on the phone on May 10th who said he would look into this and see if he could get this process finalized and either he or the other supervisor would call me back on the 11th. Well this is May 15th and I have heard nothing. If I check the status on the automated it states there are several documents missing and I will receive a letter with instructions, it has been almost 4 weeks since they told me this and nothing.

I have called numerous time on the May 14th and 15th trying to talk to someone and I am on hold for literally 40 - 45 minutes or longer if I would hold. I tried the option 1 to leave a message and that just disconnects me or nothing happens. I emailed my client rep on May 14th and then again May 15th asking her to call me. Nothing! I don't even know what to do if I did record the POA as far as contacting someone to tell them etc. I cannot believe the way this was handled, I was trying to expedite the process and do the right thing for both my father and Suntrust. There are some real issues in this department and the staff and procedures. Suntrust is losing money on this. If they would get this process finished and put it on the market they could sell it now and not lose any money.

I have tried to get a phone number for corporate Suntrust to talk to someone about how the Home Preservation Department handles things. I can't find one so it appears corporate does not care so they do not take calls. It is a shame because my father who is a 3 time war vet and is 94 years old had never I mean never missed a payment with them. I tried for over 7 months to sell this house but it just was not the right market. I would never recommend Suntrust to anyone, ever. If someone did contact me from Suntrust I would be glad to provide every person's name, date and time I have talked to.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Unless you enjoy incompetence and stressful experiences do not engage in any activity with Suntrust Mortgage. After weeks of submitting and resubmitting the very same paperwork I was told we were heading to closing. The day before closing I received a phone call from someone in a call center to say my loan had been declined! I cannot put in words the bizarre experiences I had dealing with the loan processors. The entire process was a nightmare!!

Original review: April 30, 2018

My folks had their mortgage with SUNTRUST for years. Three years ago my father passed leaving me the executor of the estate. My first experience working with SUNTRUST (nightmare) wasn’t healthy. I found out the folks were paying 6.5% interest and at the time interest rates had dropped to 2.5-2.9%. I tried SUNTRUST to work with us to change her interest rate, which would have saved mom about $200-300 a month...

After reading the different reviews I found that I wasn’t the only one who has difficulty dealing with SUNTRUST and my complaint is the same: didn’t receive the documents, or (something I don’t understand is a company whose inter-office network doesn’t communicate) paperwork in one office is not share with another facility within SUNTRUST. After two years I got her mortgage refinanced to 2.9%... but not without costing me an extra $50 in certified mailings so I would have proof of them receiving the documents.

This past year they have billed the estate an extra $120 for “late fees and other fees” and I have written for an explanation why and not response. Oct-Nov were late, but I included the late fees; I was charged a late fee in December because they returned the cashier's cheque. I did receive a notice of a missed payment in December and I returned the rejected cheque in January 2018 and it was cashed... uuummm!!! Now mom passed in September 2017 and we are going through this whole mess of dealing with SUNTRUST again. I thankful that dad and mom had their things in order, only wishing SUNTRUST had theirs in order... not a satisfied customer!

Original review: April 26, 2018

We are so upset with this new mortgage company we were forced to move to. We pay all our bills at or around the same time each month. SunTrust has charged us numerous late fees when our bank sends via mail our bill days on time and long before the final due date (no electronic payment with our bank and ST). Just this last month, our bank sent the check on April 3rd. ST cashed it on the 19th so we were charged another late fee. Our final date on the contact says the check must be in ST hands, not cashed, by the 16th without a late fee.

ST is the ONLY bill that arrives up to 16 days after it is mailed. All the other bills paid by the bank take on average 2-4 days to arrive across the country. When I called ST, I got nowhere. One manager said it was the PO or our bank that causes the delay. I asked if I could get all what he told me in writing, but the manager (I have his name and ID and a witness to the conversation) said ST does NOT allow the conversation to be sent via email or in writing. WOW!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

My loan was sold to Union Bank, I was not notified until I got a call from Union Bank asking where my payment was. I have proof I made it to Suntrust but they did not forward to new bank. There is no way to contact them other than online and they have not responded to multiple requests. When you call the customer service line and go through all the prompts to get a live person it sends you to another voicemail asking you to enter your box number which is ridiculous. I have the funds to make another payment to Union Bank and have done so, but what about the families who don't? These guys should be forced to have a number where you get live help. It is not okay.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Suntrust bought my mortgage, so I only have experience with P&I payments and paying off the loan--I can't review their underwriters, etc. I did not use them for escrow, so I can't comment on their handling of that, either. I aggressively paid down my loan for the last year, sending them large payments with a few months over $10k. They received those payments as a direct payment from my checking account just fine. But on the final month, they rejected my payment and sent no notice to me. I called them inquiring about it because I didn't see my balance go to zero. I was told that they had received my final payment, congratulated me on paying it off, and it should take a day or two to post. It didn't post.

Instead, they have a policy that any payoff amount greater than $5k would only be accepted if it was done by wire. They blamed the reason for that on "costs to close the account." If that were true, then they wouldn't require it for final payments less than $5k. And it wasn't a problem for my earlier large payments--they accepted and cashed those just fine. If I had instead paid (as usual) all but $1 and then paid (as usual) a final payment of $1, everything would have been fine and I wouldn't have needed to buy a wire.

In the end, I had to pay a bit more interest, which isn't really a big deal. They couldn't confirm when they could receive a wire, so I had to pay more and then wait two weeks for the extra to be refunded. Also, that doesn't really bother me too much. Once they got the wire, they took care of everything, sent me my refund, etc., properly. However, the simple practice of discouraging people from paying off their loan, making it difficult to do so, not informing me of rejection of my payment, having employees who don't know the rule, and then told me bad information that my payment had been received IS a problem.

Another problem is their online security. I had an online account with password which they decided wasn't good enough. I don't care for companies going to stupid lengths for passwords because when they are hacked it's not because people didn't use special characters, capitals, greek letters, or emojis. It's because the company's system is breached and individuals' passwords are stolen. Also, their 'security' questions were entirely made up things I couldn't answer or the answer might change over time. How am I supposed to remember what my favorite food was decades after signing up for an account? What it tells me is they don't actually care about real security or user experience. They were given some generic advice & probably a bad list of security questions and rolled it out without even reviewing or testing it. In the end, I don't like them or trust them. I will not do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have a fixed rate with this company, for the last few years they have been raising my monthly payment. 2017 they increased it twice. I called. They claimed it to be the insurance, I called the insurance company they said my insurance did go up slightly but not enough to make a big difference, they changed a couple of things which dropped my yearly insurance of less than $200. I called Suntrust back, informed them of the change in order to lower my monthly payment, instead of lowering my payment, they increased it, WOW.

Extra money has been paid towards my account to help bring the balance down, the extra money paid never went towards my principal. My escrow account keeps coming up short, they take money from my escrow that is used for paying my homeowners insurance and taxes which leaves my escrow account in the neg. This has been going on for a while, I have called and called and called in order to get it taken care of, it's nothing but an argument with them, they get me so upset and angry I cannot longer call them. Today my escrow is short again and they are saying that my mortgage is going up again in Jan 2018. I bought my home in 1995, since Suntrust taken over my loan it has been nothing but a nightmare. Is there any good attorneys out there that can help with this and stop Suntrust for extorting people such as myself.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Interest rates are high and they have high fees. They required closing cost on refinancing as well as a down payment and application fee. The escrow account is never calculated right.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

In May, we wrote a contract for a house financed by Suntrust Mortgage. The bank had an approved price of $675k, and we offered $649k which was a very reasonable offer considering comparables. The short sale processor said it typically takes 2-3 months for an approval, so we literally went homeless for a month as we had sold our home July 25th and were anticipating a closing date of August 25th on our short sale home. Throughout those 3 months Suntrust lacked in answering calls and responding to messages left and lacked in giving the short sale processor or seller updates on the process. Instead I believe our contract sat on someone's desk for 3 months untouched. I say this because around August 30th, we received a letter stating that a short sale negotiator had been assigned to us on behalf of the townhome we had sold a month before and no longer owned.

After much digging, Suntrust admitted that since our previous loan had been with Suntrust, the mortgage employees inadvertently sent the short sale paperwork to a file for us and not the seller. Obviously this didn't help move the process along either. That should have been our sign to leave since there was that much incompetence at the bank that they confuse the seller and buyer in the short sale process.

We then continued waiting another 1.5 months only for them to tell us they will only take a sales price of minimum 720k. Then why did the bank have the agent to list it at the price of 675k 4 months prior. There is no way, the house appreciated 45k in 4 months when fixtures have been removed, maintenance hasn't been done, and house prices have dropped. I am appalled at how unprofessional and unresponsive Suntrust is. They have put my family of 5 through quite the ordeal the last 4.5 months when they could have easily rejected the price from the beginning and saved my family many headaches. What a disgrace Suntrust Mortgage has been.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have been with SunTrust Mortgage for quite a few years and I'm one of those homeowners who was offered by them a modification to receive lower payments and a lower rate. So, I applied for a HAMP modification and they lost paperwork numerous times, told me to continue to resend documents that they received in overnights, faxes as well as emails. They finally acknowledged paperwork when I brought in other agencies to see what they were doing and violations being made.

Then they gave me a written trial modification that was never permanently modified due to them breaching the contract and service transferring me to Select Portfolio Servicing known as a Predatory Lender. I am definitely trying to locate an attorney for a class action lawsuit against this type of fraud and abuse. Feel free to email me if you need further information to protect your home from fraud and wrongful foreclosures. These banks are pretty horrible with the schemes to steal the homes that we've worked hard to own. Email: ** or call **.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This starts with a Customer Svc woman in the payments group... no customer service skills AT ALL. Never once made a supportive comment towards me/Houston FB post: I've heard great things about folks being able to defer mortgages and other bills while Houston/families get back on their feet. It is one less thing to worry about. My company, Sun Trust mortgage, is a bunch of jerks (in case you have them). They will allow you to skip up to 3 months of payments but at the end of that you owe all 3 months plus the next month. What in Sam Hill does that do to help us free up cash to make it through this recovery mode??? What JERKS. Twitter: #SunTrustMortgageSUCKS #SunTrustMortgageDOESNThelpHarveySurvivors

Suntrust Mortgage Company Information

Suntrust
    303 Peachtreet St, N.E.
    Atlanta
    GA
    www.suntrust.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.