2. Mortgages

Suntrust Mortgage
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Suntrust Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suntrust?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

After 80+ days from my application and $1K in Appraisal, fees and other charges which they are refusing to refund I have given up closing with them. Watch out and be assured that you are not getting best rates in the market with high processing fees with them. Complete disorganized mess and failure of people, process and systems at this company. Stay away if you are looking to save money from refinancing. Their own people admitting to all the integration issues, system failure they are having. The company is taking on way too many application and can't keep up leaving consumer hanging with bad service.!! Stay away - you can find other lenders!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Our county assessor's office sent out 4 bills covering 2017 & 2018 late in 2018 and this apparently caused an issue with our escrow. No other county residents with other lenders had an issue. Suntrust, allegedly showing a shortage, increased our monthly payment by $230+, reportedly to cover the shortage. No explanation was given, just a letter saying our payment was going up. It took months of harassing phone calls to gather enough information to understand what had happened. Not even Suntrust understood what had happened. Now that everyone is on the same page, they are not working with me to straighten this mess out. they're not applying payments being sent in, they're charging me late fees and penalties. There is no end in sight to this issue. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I spent the time filling out the online application to refinance my mortgage. No one has contacted me by phone or email. I've tried calling, but sit on hold for > 40 minutes with no one answering. Their website says that their phone lines are open until 8pm, but when I call after 5pm they say that they are closed and the automated routing system just hangs up on me.

Original review: May 5, 2020

On February 15th Over the phone I requested automatic withdraw to pay my mortgage the 17th of March. The money was in my bank account (witch thanks God is different bank) since way before the day I make that call. Someone no pay attention what they doing. Pass the hold month of March. And the money never was withdraw. I was founded because Credit Karma advise me that Sun Trust report me for late charges, which no was my fault. My score went down big time because some individual make a mistake and Sun Trust cover up this can of malpractices. The prove is for months before I do the same request nothing happen until now. Also in December 2018 my wife passed away in January 2019. I went in person to Sun Trust branch in person with the dead certificate to modify my mortgage on my name only. Sun Trust never make that change.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I recently called for a deferment due to me not working for the past 2 month due to COVID-19, I was given a 3 month deferment, now SunTrust is say that they don't care, that I need to pay now. I spoke to a few people but Tasha gave me a #. But those are the people that we'd so disrespectful Kim, Erica, ventent.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I know people who were able to defer mortgage payments for 6-12 months and have payments added to the end of the loan term. The most SunTrust will do is 3 months with all 4 payments due the first of the 4th month. If I could save 4 months of payments in the next 4 months with my business (vacation travel) dead in the water for at least 6 months, I would just pay monthly. It's grossly unfair that needed help is based on the "luck of the draw". If you're with SunTrust, you are screwed. After 3 months, you "might" be able to get a loan modification. Thousands of people got kicked to the curb when lenders couldn't keep pace with loan mod applications. I didn't have a choice regarding servicers, but I will NEVER open a bank account or credit card. WORST OF THE WORST.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I am in the process of trying to find out my payoff balance for my loan account. I was shipped around to 5 different phone numbers and none had any information about my account. I am making monthly payments to the Viera office and they are also unable to give me a payoff balance...yet they take my monthly payments. Where can I go from here?

Original review: April 6, 2020

Suntrust has changed policies to generate fees to the consumer. I refinanced my home loan and was almost forced to open a checking account for automatic withdrawal to make monthly mortgage payments. They no longer accept cash deposits as same day deposits. They automatically cancelled my direct payment and was late twice for my mortgage under these new guidelines even though the withdraw was five days early to the late date. They have charged me 17 dollar a month non usage fee for the past 3 months cause I no longer use the automatic payment method due to the late fees incurred and have just taken my check to the bank itself and have them print up the coupon.

I was also given an IRS statement that I earned 25 dollars in interest in this account that they have been taking 17 dollars out of a month. All this could be avoided by not putting any money in suntrust and just paying my mortgage through check. I am calling today to close my account and get my 150 dollars that was left in the automatic payment account and have them show me where this imaginary interest came from that I am supposed to claim to the IRS. The only thing I got from suntrust was a total of 170 dollars in fees since account was opened just trying to pay the mortgage.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I have had similar experiences as a number of people that have written in. It first started with an increase in my escrow payment, which I did not know although the representative with whom I spoke stated that they sent out a letter (which I did not receive). Letters that followed, however, have been received...and they are telling me that if I have trouble paying I should contact some agency for help. I do not need help, but every month these letters come. I have called them to no avail. They returned checks to me because I was $30 short. Instead of sending a request for the $30, I had returned checks and Overdue Notices.

This situation was finally remedied after two months and numerous phone conversations during which they agreed that they were culpable. Also, I have always taken advantage of the 15-day grace period but am now receiving dunning phone calls saying that my payment is late...and the letters... My mortgage on one property will be paid up on April 2022, but the other mortgage will be paid up several years later. If things persist, I will be looking to refinance ANYWHERE else.

My problems really started when BB&T and SunTrust merged and became Truist. I never had any issues before that and no desire to move either of my mortgages anywhere else. A word of caution: Look elsewhere if you want to be treated like a valued customer!

Original review: March 13, 2020

Over the 25 plus years we have dealt with this mortgage company, there were times we were not pleased. However they made sure the matter was solved to our satisfaction! We would recommend this company to our friends, and use them again if we needed them!

Suntrust Mortgage Company Information