4.0/5 (1689 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage offers a simplified online experience to apply for a home loan or refinancing. You can apply for a mortgage and then manage the loan completely online through the company’s website or mobile app. Rocket Mortgage’s Home Loan Experts are available by phone if you need assistance. The company markets itself to those with good credit who plan to buy a home or refinance within the next six months.

Pros

• Online convenience
  • Refinancing options
  • Available nationwide

Cons

• No in-person services
  • No construction loans

Bottom Line

Rocket Mortgage provides a digital home loan experience. Some might find the service impersonal, but others enjoy the convenience. It offers customized recommendations and free resources to educate customers.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: March 2, 2022

The process was seamless however I have yet to receive the refund owed to me. I completed the information online for auto deposit into my account but then had to also complete it for the refund to be mailed at the closing. The confusion with this was a bit frustrating.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Loved all about the process with Rocket, they made it easy for me to get my loan quickly and successfully close without any issues, also their high-tech approach by allowing customers to manage requirements via the dashboard is amazing. What I loved the most, was the people working for Rocket, very professional and very responsive.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage staff was magnificent. Everyone I encountered was professional, friendly and assisted in all aspects of the loan request. I was assisted during different hours of the day and had calls returned after a dropped call. I found the process quite easy. I would highly recommend your company to family and friends.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I've refinanced before and had a fine experience, but this entire process with Rocket has convinced me that if I EVER need to do this again, I would not hesitate to use Rocket. My loan advisor, Jenna, was superb at communication, explaining and re-explaining as needed, and keeping me up to date on the process. I found the interface for 100% of my interactions on my phone to be excellent. The app works very well. Each time I called I did speak to a different person, but each was very knowledgeable and consistent with their customer service and ability to answer my question or fix my problem. I am extremely happy with this process and will recommend to a friend, for sure.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

The experience was good, all the folks, from all the different departments, were helpful, knowledgeable, and nice. It was a very positive experience, and it cost less than my current loan holder. I would recommend Rocket to friends that might be looking for a loan or refi.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

Applied for a refinance. Received an initial loan estimate. Met with my approval. When it came to the actual loan process there was an additional $5,000.00 added to the loan estimate. On a $240,000.00 loan. An extra 2.1%. I was already facing higher fees due to my credit rating. Also, they were very aggressive with me. Asking for passwords to my retirement account, demanding information within the same day, double teaming me with two representatives. If you feel pressured, pushed or pulled, walk away. I did.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

We wanted to remortgage our home and do some upgrades to the home. We looked to a few mortgage companies and came across Rocket. They were thorough and quick at remortgaging our home. Thanks so much. I would suggest them anytime to friends and family.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

This was my 2nd time refinancing with Rocket Mortgage, I would not choose another lender. Both times, the process has been so smooth and easy. The online access is very easy and efficient and the customer service each and every time I call for anything is top-notch. Thanks, Rocket Mortgage.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

Rocket Mortgage makes the compete Refinancing process as simple, understandable and perfect as it can be. They cross every T and dot every I before you even think of a question to ask. A very pleasant and welcome experience. Of course, with agents like Nicholas **, it wouldn't be anything but the best! Thanks Nick!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

I had a super easy experience refinancing my home. Communication was clear, expectations were clear, and it was fast! Everyone was on the same page and knew exactly what needed to be done! Thank you for making this super easy!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

My only complaint was with the amounts for my creditors wern't correct and one check was made out to the wrong creditor but overall the people that I contacted about the issue were quick and accurate. I will recommend to a friend.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Chase our Mortgage professional sneak onto the closing disclosure points that we had to buy. He did this without my consent and practically stole 3,000 dollars from me. By the time we saw this discrepancy we were told sucks to be you and if we back out we would lose the home we were trying to buy. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ROCKET MORTGAGE.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

NoI provided every document you asked for and there were no issues until 10 days after the closing took place. 10 days after the closing I still had not received my disbursement and had to call and ask what was going on.. Oddly enough, every other time you needed something I got an infinite number of emails from you. The gent in charge of the payouts was away and someone else spoke with me. Issue resolved...10 days late. Then, believing the payout to TD Bank Autofinance had been made by you, as I was told it would be, I received a UPS package with a check made out to TD Bank...you never sent it to the bank and it was made out for the wrong amount. Sloppy sloppy sloppy at the end. I suppose one could argue that these are Amrock Title Services errors, but I refinanced with you..they represent you, so they are your issues.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Quick, easy and simple process to refinance and get cash out of our real property equity. Very pleased with the process and people. I appreciate the digital upload of documents and the fact that Rocket took into consideration I was an existing client so did not have to provide the volume of documents usually required. My sales officer was knowledgeable and put together a proposal quickly after telling him what we wanted to achieve.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Everyone was very helpful and answered and our questions in a professional and timely manner. We would recommend Rocket to friends and family. Rocket kept us informed on a daily basis as to anything needed to complete on our end and what they were working on for their end.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Shane ** was great to work with when getting preapproved for our new home and when closing on it. He was personable and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage to any of my friends who want to purchase a home in the future. Rocket Mortgage was recommended to us by several people and I am glad we went with them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

We were delighted with Rocket Mortgage from the start to the closing. The only thing that kept our rating from 5 stars is being barraged with mortgage insurance offers! Five notices in the mail, four almost identical on pink paper, two phone calls and a text (when I didn't answer the call)! I did text back asking to be removed from this list. I hate that our wonderful experience is blemished with this kind of unwanted pressure. We would still recommend Rocket Mortgage, but would warn anyone about what to expect after.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Our banker Nelson ** was knowledgeable and very positive to work with. In fact the entire team at Rocket are pleasant and professional, and the website is easily negotiable. The partnership with Amrock to close is seamless. Efficient, professional, and painless!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

As above. No one could find the documents I uploaded. These were original Turbotax files that could not be opened by Rocket and I was told they could only open one page in the Documents. I would like to have those documents back if at all possible.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Ok let's see. From Brent to the whole crew of great folks. Thank you for all the hard work. We put you guys and gals through Hell and back. For 2 years we all have been through a lot of ups and downs. What makes it even better. Rocket team never gave up on us. We stayed strong and so did each and every one of you. We found our dream home and you guys drove us there. We can't thank you enough. We love you guys.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

We had a great and easy experience with Rocket Mortgage. Our expert Fabio communicated with us in ways that were convenient for our busy lives. I didn't miss the local presence, because of how responsive Fabio was. I'd definitely recommend the Rocket experience to my friends.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Process was good at first but then after taking all my information, given a rate and type of loan I qualified for, it all changed. The rate was increased. The type of loan was changed and your underwriter was not pleasant to work with. She pretty much told me, "Take or leave it" and did not want to hear me out why she was wrong. I was on a time a limit to get this loan and I had already wasted 2 weeks with Rocket. I will probably never work with you again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Very pleased with process and service. Your service banker was very knowledgeable and gave the best mortgage that suit my long term plans and terms. Your closing partner Amrock was very efficient as well. We appreciated the updates at every level.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I have noted the many 5-star reviews for Rocket Mortgage, but unfortunately did not have a similar experience. After paying off my HELOC, RM refused to issue me an intent to reconvey letter so I could clear the title to my home. They told me I would need to wait up to 3 to 4 months until the “paperwork” went through the system. By the way, the loan was paid off with a direct wire transfer from Charles Schwab, so the excuse of “waiting until the check cleared” was dishonest.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Everyone I dealt with was very diligent and patient with during the loan process. A lot of things had to happen to get my mortgage approved. Samer, Camerin, Sarah were all very responsive, they were able to find the right loan that I qualified for, looking forward to moving.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

Excellent thanks to everyone that helped on my refinance. Absolutely best experience and would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone. Thank you again so happy with making the decision to switch companies. So much easier to work with than any other company.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

I never knew a company could have a great personality. Everyone treat me like a king. Thank you. Tanner S did wonderful job of helping me with a crazy sister in law and failed effort to buy a home, but quick move to refinance my home was better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

I wasn't even planning on refinancing. I reached out via chat to ask about home equity. The representative suggested looking at refinancing due to interest rates still being low. Within a few minutes, she ran my credit, and I came out with a cheaper payment, lower interest rate, and $28,000 in my pocket from equity. We closed in three weeks to the day I first reached out. I could not be happier with the process. It was simple, stress-free, and very fast.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Rocket Mortgage did an excellent job. Every phase of the process went smoothly, except one. I was told I would not have a mortgage payment for February, but the money was deducted anyway. When I brought this to the attention of Rocket Mortgage I was told it could take up to a month to get my money back. It was direct deposit. I think it could have been returned the same day.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Never knew if Rocket was going to refinance my loan till the last minute. With a credit score over 800 and $170,000 equity and asking for $20,000 cash out. I was in the process of seeking to secure another loan from another company. Probably would not recommend Rocket mortgage to friends or family.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information