4.0/5 (1866 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage (NMLS #3030) offers an online application process to help borrowers get home purchase loans and refinances. You can apply for a mortgage and manage the loan completely online through Rocket’s website or mobile app, and the company’s representatives are available by phone if needed. Rocket Mortgage is a popular option for refis in particular.

Pros

• Largest U.S. mortgage lender by 2021 numbers
  • Available nationwide
  • 100% online application

Cons

• No in-person services
  • No construction loans or HELOCs

Bottom Line

Rocket Mortgage provides a digital home loan experience. Some find the service impersonal, but others enjoy the convenience. Rocket Mortgage also offers customized recommendations and free educational resources.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: April 28, 2022

Smooth, professional and knowledgeable. The person helping me out was always there for us day and night. Never get us any negative response, If he didn’t know the answer he would find out and get it for us. Thank you for a wonderful experience like in the past.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Outstanding service, professionalism, dedication to give us the best opportunity and as well as Freda ** were the 2 keys to be able to achieve our goal of buying our dream house. Justin always was answering all my questions, doubts and help me in every way possible when I didn't know how to upload things in the app as well as explaining me with details all the procedure we need to do. Thank you both for your dedication.

Original review: April 26, 2022

Overall my experience with Rocket Mortgage was positive and we are satisfied with our refinance. Everyone I worked with at Rocket Mortgage was professional and friendly and things basically ran smoothly the whole way through. The only thing I might suggest improving on is the communication around the time of the appraisal and closing. It wasn't always clear what was going on and what the anticipated time frame for the different steps was. It's not a major problem and as I said we are happy with the refinance process overall, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I really liked how I was kept in the loop on each step. I received emails and even follow-up phone calls to be sure I understood what to do. I was constantly asked if I had questions. The process was seamless.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Buying a rental property was made simple and easy. The process was smooth and well explained. Ms. ** was very professional yet down to earth and friendly she humanized the process and walked us through it in a way that helped us all to

Original review: April 22, 2022

The team I dealt with for my refinance were, efficient, polite and made this process easy with no stress. I've never experienced such teamwork while working with a mortgage company. I'm happy I took my co-worker's recommendation and gave Rocket a call as I was extremely frustrated with the service I was receiving with my previous mortgage company.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The loan application and approval process was excellent. The loan closing was brutal, inefficient and controlled with automated emails to me that were not relevant at the time. Numerous corrections needed to be made and repeated in messaging to this part of the organization.

Original review: April 21, 2022

This was the easiest homebuying experience I have ever had. There was always someone available to speak with if I had questions and the process was smooth and easy. I was even able to text questions and received a prompt answer every time. I will be using Rocket Mortgage again.

Original review: April 19, 2022

It was a smooth and easy refinance. We really liked how each step had its own team of people that were extremely professional and knowledgeable and patient with us. We could chat online or call. They even closed at our home at a convenient time for us. We highly recommend them.

Original review: April 19, 2022

What a breeze. Easy, fast & friendly. That was by far the best refi I have ever done. Everything was quick. All questions answered quickly and accurately. Got the closing scheduled quickly. The notary was great and personable. Would definitely use you again in the future! Thanks

Original review: April 18, 2022

My refi took over 40 days because of a VA requirement. One of the associates seemed a bit rude and pawned me off on another but then things picked up and finished the process. I wanted a certain amount but was then notified I could take more so I did. I was grateful.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The Rocket Mortgage team was very helpful when I decided to do a cash-out refinance in March. They were very quick to answer questions at any time and helped even outside of normal business hours. They made the whole process very easy and have recommended to my family for refinancing and I highly recommend them for purchasing and/or refinancing.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Our refinance process was user friendly, efficient and a very good experience. Dana ** was a pleasure to work with. He was very personable, easy to work with and always available to answer our questions and concerns. I have already recommended Rocket Mortgage to my friends.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Rocket Mortgage is awful! I'm trying to refinance and it's been a nightmare. Too many people involved and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I originally had Tyler ** as my personal banker. We started off with a conventional loan. My DTI was high (apparently he didn't check this originally??) so he ends up switching my loan to FHA without asking me or telling me about it. When I first spoke with him I specifically told him I didn't want PMI. FHA loans always require PMI. I left Tyler numerous messages and sent numerous emails with no response. When I did get a call, he would call me at work when I asked him not to. I had so many questions that never got answered. Eventually my requests were escalated to Shelby **. She also likes to email and I told her with something this important, I prefer to speak over the phone to get all my questions answered and she has yet to honor this request.

I have another property where I'm on the deed with my father, mortgage is paid off but they still need to verify that I'm not financially responsible for taxes and insurance. So what they're doing is asking for financial bank statements from a non Rocket Mortgage client (my father). My local bank has told me this is an extremely strange request. I have had to upload 50+ documents and it's still not satisfactory enough for them. The answers I get are never consistent. I am looking into refinancing through a different lender. I cannot handle any more stress just to refinance. It's not ok to ask for financial records from a client who has no association with them. That's sketchy and almost sounds like a scam.

Original review: April 16, 2022

While I appreciate the promptness of the team. Communication was overlooked about my deposit and now the owner of the home has been shorted nearly 4k and is asking me for money. The ball was dropped with so many hands in the pot!

Original review: April 14, 2022

Everything was steady and resourceful. Customer service was excellent. Everyone did a great job and "thank you." I have to admit the people are very professional and responsible. From the beginning to the end, I was satisfied with the whole process. I would recommend Rocket Mortgage wishing to refinance and or buy a home. I hope I can get another opportunity with Rocket Mortgage to either purchase or receive another loan.

Original review: April 14, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage refinance and credit teams was excellent. Christine and Jacob went above and beyond in assisting me and making sure I had everything I needed to get the most out of refinancing my mortgage. I would definitely use them again for any of my mortgage needs.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Everyone I talked to was very friendly. Everyone was also very helpful when I had any questions. The whole process went very smooth and even closed earlier than expected. I feel Everyone went out of their way to help me get what I wanted within my budget.

Original review: April 13, 2022

From beginning of the process through the end I have to say this was the best closing ever. One or two snags but, was handled quickly and efficiently. I will certainly be looking to utilize them again if I have a mortgage need.

Original review: April 13, 2022

It was great working with Rocket Mortgage. So easy and they explain everything very well. It all went so smooth and fast. Sabrina was awesome to work with. It really was so easy for the entire process. The website keeps you informed of everything out need to do and the website is very user friendly. I could log in and check on the status of the loan anytime. It was very informative and helpful.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I am so completely satisfied with my experience with Rocket Mortgage! The entire process was fast, efficient and reliable. I like how everything was able to be done digitally. I found that each person that I had spoken to or contacted was very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.

Original review: April 10, 2022

We called Rocket Mortgage to refinance to consolidate bill and do some home repairs. We were put in contact with Bryan ** who worked with us to improve our credit scores to be able to refinance. He kept in contact with us every step of the way. He was so helpful.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Working with Kat ** was just great! She made things so easy to understand. If I couldn't reach her by phone, she would email me. The Rocket Mortgage website is excellent. Easy to use. It was also easy to understand.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Matt was amazing to work with! It was a little more difficult of a process, and he helped me get everything that we needed in order to close on the loan! This is my second experience working with this company and they are amazing.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Genevra, the mortgage banker I had, was very helpful. She answered all my questions very quickly. Helped me throughout the entire process and really made the experience a great one. I will definitely recommend Genevra and Rocket to all my friends and family.

Original review: April 5, 2022

We had an awesome experience with this venture. The process was easy and straightforward. I would definitely recommend Rocket Mortgage to all of my friends and family. Dajana ** was there all the way, supporting us and was available whenever I needed her.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Overall first rate experience. Professional, knowledgeable representatives. Excellent communication skills. Kept me informed during each phase of the process. Would highly recommend to family and friends. Cost was reasonable. Online process easy to navigate. Reasonable rate, fast payoff of mortgage and debt

Original review: April 5, 2022

As always my refinancing process was great! Everyone involved was professional, courteous, kind, patient, concerned, aware and knowledgeable. I have referred family and friends to Rocket Mortgage before and they were satisfied as well. I always felt at ease even though I dreaded going through the process of gathering documents and signing my life away (lol). Good job to the Rocket Mortgage Teams!!

Original review: April 4, 2022

I was dreading the process of refinancing my home. My only experience had been purchasing a home with my husband years ago. Rocket made the whole process so quick and easy. A closing agent came to my house to complete the process. It was seamless and stress free! I'm so glad I chose Rocket!

Original review: April 4, 2022

Our experience with Rocket Mortgage and the staff was nothing short of amazing! They were efficient, professional and helpful when issues would arise, as is usually the case when refinancing a home. The process simply could not have been any easier and I'm so glad we went with Rocket Mortgage.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information