4.0/5 (1866 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Cassidy McCants

About Rocket Mortgage

Rocket Mortgage (NMLS #3030) offers an online application process to help borrowers get home purchase loans and refinances. You can apply for a mortgage and manage the loan completely online through Rocket’s website or mobile app, and the company’s representatives are available by phone if needed. Rocket Mortgage is a popular option for refis in particular.

Pros

• Largest U.S. mortgage lender by 2021 numbers
  • Available nationwide
  • 100% online application

Cons

• No in-person services
  • No construction loans or HELOCs

Bottom Line

Rocket Mortgage provides a digital home loan experience. Some find the service impersonal, but others enjoy the convenience. Rocket Mortgage also offers customized recommendations and free educational resources.

Rocket Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rocket Mortgage?

Original review: June 16, 2022

The representative was helpful and knowledgeable. The process was a little tedious due to having to submit so much paperwork but over all easy to upload and complete online. The only issue I had was with the scheduling part of the appraiser. It was canceled without notification. I had to call to reschedule since no one had called me.

Original review: June 15, 2022

The only thing I would suggest improvement on is how debt is paid from Rocket Mortgage. 1. There was no communication like I was explained for an updated statement on the debt being paid. So the amt was different 2. Payments should of been sent electronically, instead of me mailing them out. A better process should be implemented, less of a hassle.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Went to refinance so we could add on to our home and the process with swift and friendly. All parties communicated well and the online dashboard was simple to operate. This is our third transaction with Rocket and I give them TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Original review: June 11, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage was great with the help of TJ ** who guided me from beginning to end. He helped with the signing of the papers, explained the didn't situations whereas I understood what I was surpassed to do. Helped me to learn and do the computer. He is my 10********** angel.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We contacted Rocket Mortgage when we found a new home to buy. Even though we were out of town when we first got started, they made it easy to proceed with the information we had available. They kept in touch throughout the process and were available for any and all questions we had. We have dealt with Rocket Mortgage for 3 mortgages, and would go back to them if we needed to in the future. HIGHLY recommend.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Kris ** was professional, knowledgeable, and efficient. Everyone at Rocket Mortgage who worked on our refi was great. The entire process was seamless with no unexpected surprises. It all happened just as Kris said it would. I would recommend Rocket Mortgage to anyone.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Was referred to Rocket Mortgage from a friend for a new home purchase. Excellent service and personnel while in escrow. The entire process was incredibly simple and quick. I would absolutely recommend Rocket Mortgage to everyone looking for a mortgage. Thank you Rocket Mortgage!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Working with Rocket Mortgage was a very pleasant experience. All the different agents we worked with throughout the process were knowledgeable, friendly, mindful of our needs and concerns, and always responded in a timely manner. The website works well and is easy to upload the necessary paperwork.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Gustavo was awesome. He really kept me positive about the loan process and was great. He needs a large raise. Without him I would have given up. He is the only reason this loan went thru. My family thanks you Gustavo!

Original review: May 27, 2022

Just wanted to say that as a first time home buyer, Rocket made this whole process incredibly easy. From the initial inquiry online, to speaking with the initial "banker", all the way through to the end, the whole process was simple & thoroughly explained. We'd started with a different lender & been so confused by everything & felt really adrift & unsure; as soon as our Rocket agent, Katina, got involved we had clear guidance & quick responses to all questions. From start to finish, this was a great experience & we will be recommending Rocket Mortgage to friends & family!!

Original review: May 25, 2022

My experience with Rocket Mortgage was great! Everyone that I encountered, in this process, was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The process took approximately 7 weeks to complete but communication throughout the time frame was excellent. I am really pleased with the service I was provided and the outcome was very good. I would recommend Rocket Mortgage to family and friends.

Original review: May 25, 2022

My Experience With Rocket Mortgage was Excellent, I try about four or five Banks/Loan Company, none of them qualified me with the amount that I need. A friend I’m mine recommended me to search online, and I found rocket Mortage, I wasn’t sure who really to trust since it is all online. Dianna ** contacted me after I submitted my information, she is Amazing. She did Everything she could to help me. Now Recently married and I just moved to my own house, Thank you Ms Dianna, and thank you Rocket Mortgage! 100% Recommended!

Original review: May 24, 2022

Ronny didn't just refinance my mortgage, he greatly improved the quality of life for me and my family. Ronny accurately and professionally showed me how the value of my home had nearly doubled since I had purchased it and refinanced my mortgage into a loan that assisted me in paying off some legacy debts. This experience has been critical in achieving my long term financial goals and has set me up for stability in a way I didn't even think possible. There aren't enough stars to rate this service and his expertise.

-Stephanie T. **

Original review: May 20, 2022

This company has significantly improved the re-fi process. It was very painless, easy, and efficient. Their electronic document features made it very easy to provide them with the information they needed. When I did have an issue, they were extremely responsive. They were also very good at helping consumers understand where they are in the process, what's next, and most important -- who has the ball (me or them). I will definitely use them in the future and recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 19, 2022

Rocket Mortgage made my first time home buying experience very easy as there was always a contact person with any questions I had. Throughout the process I was informed of who my contact person was as they would reach out simply to introduce themselves and their contact information. This made me feel very at ease. Through their app, I was always able to determine the status of the loan, the status of closing, what I was supposed to be working on, and even what my Rocket Mortgage team was working on. My realtor was contacted throughout the entire process so we were all on the same page and working together to close on time. I would HIGHLY recommend using Rocket Mortgage and could not imagine getting a mortgage through anyone else!

Original review: May 19, 2022

The overall experience was great. The only negative I had was how the payment funds were distributed to the debtor's I chose to "pay off ". The payments should have been included with the payout to the loan applicant and allow them to disburse the funds or verification should have been made prior to a check being cut I regards to the exact payoff amount. In my case one vendor was substantially overpaid resulting in my being charged a fee and my refund could take up to 8 weeks. Another account that was paid off had a higher balance and resulted in me writing a second check to cover the difference.

Original review: May 14, 2022

This is my second time refinancing with Rocket Mortgage. All of the people involved made it seem easy to accomplish what I needed whether I needed cash out and/or paying of creditors. I would recommend ROCKET in a heartbeat.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Dorlan was absolutely fabulous working with us to get over the finish line. Loved the website dashboard. It made everything so easy. Would highly recommend Rocket Mortgage based on my experience. We refinanced 2 properties, the service was that good.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Rocket Mortgage is AWESOME, everyone is the company is caring, understanding and knowledgeable. John was AWESOME and helpful in getting my loan rate Locked and extended due some paperwork issues on my end. Once this was completed the Process was easy and quick. Thank you Rocket Mortgage for helping me getting my life back through the Mortgage Refinance with Cash Out.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I was put in for an FHA loan at first-WITHOUT my knowledge! There were new tasks on our dashboard EVERY DAY! When I FINALLY talked to Matt, he set me up for conventional. We went through with the appraisal and no word from him for days. I texted to ask and his reply was that the appraisal was taking longer than usual. After the 2nd week, I texted Matt to say that, "I'm under the assumption that this loan is not going to happen". He replied back with, "It came in at X AMOUNT, I'm working on the approval now". After hours of no word from Matt, I logged in to my dashboard to find a letter of denial. VERY unprofessional way to learn that we were denied. It states in the denial letter that someone should have already SPOKEN with us about our denial... That was NOT the case!!!! No way I would recommend this kind of behavior to ANYONE!!!

Original review: May 5, 2022

I wanted to catch the wave on low interest rates before the fed pushed the rates higher but feared my credit score was too low. I decided to submit to Rocket just to try and see what came of it! It was a Sunday night, within 1 hour I received a call from a Rocket Rep (Sunday), I was shocked. Every step of the way this person worked with me, answered questions, and noted my credit score was actually good (Credit Karma, whatever!), anyway this person even cleared a concern I received from another well know reality company debunking comments made about Rocket!!

The who process from start to finish took less the 1.5 month start to funding saving me tens of thousands on my mortgage and reducing the years I had to pay off on top of that! I have been through a few refi deals on my home and without a question Rocket has been the best on all counts from personal service and dedication to customer satisfaction, to quick action on loan, to no hidden fees... You can't go wrong here.

Original review: May 5, 2022

They will call you non-stop and not remove you from their call list, no matter how many times you ask. They give misinformation to customers and refuse to do anything to assist customers with anything other than taking their money. I went from Wells Fargo where I had a horrible experience then I moved to Quicken Loans and the Rocket Mortgage took over. Ever since Rocket Mortgage has been involved the customer service and experience has gotten worse and it is now essentially the same status of Wells Fargo. They are nothing more than a machine that will take you for every penny they can take without a care in the world about their customers or the humans behind the dollars. Such a sad death of a formerly ethical company. RIP Quicken Loans.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Enjoyed working with Rocket Mortgage! Literally the entire process was EASY! We are very thankful for the ease of the process that everyone made the refinance with cash out quick and painless. Even assisted in when our appraisal came back much higher than we thought.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Professional and easy. Agents were knowledgeable and then whole process was easy. Every team member was very easy to work with. The application process went smoothly. Processing the loan was fast. The closing team was fabulous as well as the title company.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Everyone that I worked with made this such a stress-free and easy transaction. Bruce ** made it so easy. He was clear in his explanations and very quick to respond to any questions or concerns that I may have had. The Amrock Representative made the closing so easy. Quick and efficient. I will definitely recommend Rocket Mortgage.

Original review: May 3, 2022

From start to finish my experience was excellent. I would recommend Rocket to anyone. I appreciate everything done for me and my family in buying our first home. I have no complaints to give, everyone we worked with was awesome.

Original review: May 3, 2022

I had a mortgage with them in 2011, and currently have a mortgage with them opened in 2019. Great company to work with. Fast, efficient, good rates. My problem is the phone calls. I have received 38 calls at home and at work in less than 3 weeks. I have asked them repeatedly to stop calling, and they ignore me and continue. I am about one more call away from researching ways to report them. Great mortgage company, horrible sales team.

Original review: May 2, 2022

People: All personnel I dealt with were professional, courteous, knowledgeable and very personable. Process: Although cumbersome occasionally, a very streamlined process nonetheless. With the Rocket app; it was a snap to keep up with my “To Do” items and get them done on a very timely basis. Even before Rocket changed their name, we re-financed with them (you). It was that transaction that sold me. The process was so quick, I was stunned. Rocket rocks, having the process down thoroughly.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Went smoothly because of great communication. Two weeks from start to finish. The website is terrific and kept us informed and well prompted for information. When we encountered problems a live person was available for assistance.

Original review: April 29, 2022

My recent experience financing a new house with Rocket Mortgage went well until we arrive at the closure phase. The closure consultant didn't provide me enough information and advice regarding the way they handle the closure numbers, especially the seller's credits, and that caused us a loss of money. When I posed the problem the final response from the executives was "We understand that the experience when closing could have been better. However, the loan is closed and we can not change how the loan closed". In previous communications, they accepted the error, but unfortunately, they don't have the willingness to make it right.

Rocket Mortgage Company Information