4.5/5 (43 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Ashley Eneriz
Edited by Moriah Chace

About Refily

Refily (NMLS #167283) is a refinance lender comparison tool. Refily is part of LMB Mortgage Services, more commonly known as LowerMyBills.com. Refily is not a lender or a broker, but you can use the site as a general starting point for home refinancing. Refily will match you with three lenders and show you estimated rates, closing fees and monthly payment for each.

Pros

• Free to use
  • Helpful refinance calculator

Cons

• Not a direct lender
  • Limited lender matches

Bottom Line

Refily is a free online refinance lender comparison tool that takes as little as five minutes to use. It is available in most states and can match homeowners to three legitimate lenders with competitive rates.

Top Refily Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

I was told by a couple of the banks locally that they couldn't help me, but Refily was able to put me in touch with Rocket Mortgage. … I was under the impression they were just go...

Rates

Since Refily doesn’t refinance loans directly, you won’t find direct rates on the site. Refily advertises its feature lenders as Rocket Mortgage, loanDepot, New American Funding and Amerisave Mortgage. Depending on your online Refily application input, you can be matched with one of these lenders. You should always research each lender and compare rates before moving forward.

Application process

Refily is designed for refinancing comparison. To purchase a new home, try comparing rates of other reputable home loan lenders.

The refinancing questionnaire with Refily takes less than five minutes to complete and asks thorough questions about your current property, loan terms, refinance goals and current financial situation.

Laura, a reviewer on ConsumerAffairs from Texas, said they refinanced a loan using Refily, ultimately choosing Rocket Mortgage: “The refinance with Refily went so smooth that I was just kind of shocked. I tried to do it with somebody else at first, and the rates were way higher. … It went a little too easy almost.”

Loan types

Refily is an online tool that shows different refinance options. Loan types vary by lender. Lenders can show you which types of loan you will qualify for based on your income, area and home price. First-time homebuyers and military-connected individuals are eligible for special government-backed loans with lower down payment requirements.

Refinancing

When using an online comparison tool, you’ll want to make sure you’re not just choosing the first refinance lender listed. Instead, you should vet each lender recommended for you to ensure it is a good fit for your refinance needs.

Once you complete your Refily application, expect to be emailed or texted from different refinance lenders.

Requirements

Refily asks you for basic information in its online application. You do not have to submit your Social Security number, and there is no effect on your credit. Any rate quotes you receive through Refily will be an estimate based on your answers. Your real rates can increase or decrease once you start the application process with the lender and your information is verified.

Just like you don’t want to buy more house than you can afford, you don’t want to take out too much money if you are choosing to do a cash-out refinance.

National mortgage requirements by type

Min. credit scoreMin. down paymentCompare with other lenders
ConventionalTypically 620Typically 3%Mortgage lenders
FHA5003.5% with 580 credit scoreFHA lenders
VASet by lender (often 580)0%VA lenders
USDASet by lender (often 640)0%USDA lenders

Cost and fees

Using Refily is free. If you connect with a lender and move forward with the refinance process, you will have to pay fees and closing costs. Refinances have closing costs, such as the home appraisal fee. Depending on your lender, you can get these closing costs rolled into your refinance so you won’t have to pay any money out of pocket at closing.

FAQ

What is Refily?

Refily is a free, online comparison tool for refinancing. Add your home and financial details into Refily’s online application and get matched with three lender options.

Is Refily legit?

Refily is a legitimate business and resource. It is not a direct lender and cannot guarantee refinance rates.

Where is Refily available?

Refily is available online nationwide. Some of its refinance lender partners are not available in all states.

Refily Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Refily?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I was told by a couple of the banks locally that they couldn't help me but Refily was able to put me in touch with Rocket Mortgage. It was very helpful. There was only one issue when it came out to the refinancing process. I pulled out some cash and I was under the impression they were just going to pay off some of my accounts. But they ended up just sending me checks and I felt like that process could have been streamlined a little bit better. Other than that, the agent I was linked up with, Sean, was amazing.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Refinance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Navigating the Refily forms was straightforward and it got me directly to a lender that was great. We ran into a couple of hiccups just because of me being on disability right now, but in the end, they were still able to get everything done for me that I needed to get done. Everything was smooth and worked great for me. I didn’t have no problems. Anything that I had trouble getting, the rep, Foster, was always there to help. Even down to calling to the bank and getting information that I needed, he did a three-way call to get what I needed to get things to keep it going. Working with Refily helped me out. I can get the addition done for the extra space that we needed in the house.

Original review: May 20, 2022

My interest rate is lower. I took cash out. And I got a 2,000 credit for my American Express card. That was nice. I was satisfied. But it cost a bit to refinance. I only owed 83, and my loan went up to 101. And I only got 10,000. So, that was 10,000 in fees, and escrow, and whatever else that went. That was the only thing. I didn’t understand. I’m sure Refily sent it to me on print. But I’m still not 100% sure where all the money is going to. But it’s fine. Since I refinanced my house, I had put up a new fence. I’m super allergic to poison ivy and it was all on my fence line. And I would get it bad every summer. But now, that is gone.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The representative I worked with at Refily at the beginning stage was very professional, kept me in the loop real time and told me any documents needed. It was probably the smoothest from when I originally closed on my home. The refinance went very well and it was a quick process. The appraiser was very informative. He looked over my home and was very professional, and educated me on things when it came down to appraisal. So, it was a great opportunity to work with him. The funding was exactly the same that the rep said and the closing attorney was 30 minutes early, which was fine with me. So, overall, I was very satisfied with the entire process.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

The process was super quick and easy. I clicked on the thing from TikTok, then I put in a little bit of information about my house and then somebody called me. I did it on December 28th, and by January 22nd, I was closed. The people were very friendly. The young lady that I dealt with was Haley. She was really, really super friendly. She knew her job to a tee, so whatever information or documentation she asked me for, I gave it to her. She didn't have to keep coming back to say, “Oh, well, now I need this.” She did ask me for a few docs and I gave them to her and that was that. The rates and the terms were great. I got a new 30-year loan for 2.3%. The whole experience was great for me.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

They did the hard work of comparing and finding the best lender. I was extremely satisfied. Refily is one of the sites that I would recommend because it's not false information or fake news. It's legitimate.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I wanted a loan because I wanted to surprise my daughters with a new kitchen. Refily said that my credit score is high but I need to get more stuff on my credit to show more history. That was the only negative thing. I only have one credit card that has a $10,000 credit line. I owe 2,000 and something on my credit card that I constantly pay 200 a week and whatever I can. I have a 100% payment history on my record. In the end, I didn't get what I was looking for with Refily. They offered to work on my score but why would I work on my score? It is over 700.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I applied online and they responded pretty quick and on the same day.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Navigating the forms for Refily was real easy. The lender they found for me, Rocket Mortgage, was super easy to deal with. We had one little incident with miscommunication and it took a hair longer. But other than that, everything seemed to happen pretty fast. It allowed me to add some discretionary income to do some projects on the house.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Refily's website was helpful but they directed me to Quicken Loans and I'm with them already.

Refily Company Information