2. Mortgages

4.9/5 (404 ratings)

About New American Funding

New American Funding is a California-based mortgage lender with branches in 32 states. The company serves 49 states and offers nine types of mortgages, including FHA, VA, conventional, adjustable-rate, 30-year fixed-rate, 15-year fixed-rate, buydowns, reverse mortgages and I CAN loans. It promises competitive interest rates.

Pros

• Accepts FICO Scores as low as 620
  • Nine types of mortgages
  • Online payment option

Cons

• Select fees
  • Branches in just 32 states

Bottom Line

New American Funding provides nine types of mortgages to homeowners with a wide range of credit scores. It has regional branches in 32 states.

New American Funding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New American Funding?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about New American Funding?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Tim ** took over our account when a coworker horribly bungled and unprofessionally ignored our application for almost a year. Yes, almost a year. Tim got us through the entire process in just weeks and was available and responsive, patiently explaining every step. We were ready to walk away from this company but Tim saved the account. We would recommend specifically Tim to anyone we know, including family members.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I had a great loan officer! He was professional, knowledgeable and got my refinance loan done in record time. Michael listened to me and gave me personalized advice based on my goals. Moving from an FHA 30-year fixed to a Conventional 30-year fixed and removing my PMI will save me $230 a month, and my loan amount is staying the same. We opted for a slightly higher interest rate in exchange for a large lender credit, so I had zero out of pocket costs after an appraisal waiver. I'm looking forward to getting a nice escrow refund to start the New Year too. This refinance loan was a no-brainer. I have 20% equity in my home from price appreciation, and it makes no sense to wait 10 years for the PMI to drop off. Great experience overall.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Closed 3 weeks after schedule. Appraisal company waited till the last minute and didn’t perform well. The under writer waited to get some processes completed. Not sure if he didn’t really understand steps for a Mobile home? Original cost for % was 0 and we ended up paying 1,000+ to keep rate. Michael our loan officer was great!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

We applied for a FHA loan through New American Funding. The process was not easy, but I don't think any mortgage is! Our state has several laws that are different from most others and New American was able to get us through the process and into our house!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Ashley was very friendly, and incredibly detailed throughout the entire refinancing process. She explained everything in a simple, yet thorough manner and answered any and all questions with patience and clarity.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Refinancing with Matthew was great! We were able to close super fast and being able to text him was my favorite. Talk about convenience! Thanks Matthew for a wonderful experience! Would definitely recommend to family and friends!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Working with Kari and team was very easy and even fun at times. :) They were always available to answers my questions and help me with the home buying process. I would highly recommend New American Funding to anyone going into the home buying process.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I moved around a lot while growing up. So much so that the only place that really ever felt like home was my grandparents house and acreage out in the country. I always knew that someday I wanted to live there permanently. Lyndsey with New American Funding made dream become a reality after both my grandparents passed away. From getting us prequalified to ease any anxiety with the Trust, to taking us step by step through this whole process, Lyndsey and her team have been delightful. This is my second time working with her on a, third if you count the VA IRRL we did a couple years back. I continue to recommend her to my friends and family. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Jack **, of New American Funding, was extremely attentive and professional. His knowledge and experience were invaluable while navigating such a complex, and often challenging, process. I would highly recommend his services to any of your potential consumer clientele.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Jack ** made a very complex government mortgage application much easier to complete for our family. He is a fantastic broker, and I would highly recommend Jack to anyone who needs some extra assistance in plowing through all of the required paperwork. (And who doesn't need that?) If you are applying for a HUD-backed mortgage, be prepared: it can be a difficult undertaking - but the ultimate result of home ownership is well worth it! Our family is very grateful for the excellent service, thanks!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

The process was so easy. Everybody was so friendly and helpful. Definitely the way to refinance your loan. Got it done really fast, no problems. Mike was a lifesaver and helped answer our questions. Got a much better rate for us and saved us so much money. Fast, easy, thorough, and will definitely use again if we ever need to.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I will recommend New American Funding to everyone, everything went smoothly and quickly. Stacey was perfect in every way. Calm, easy to talk to, understanding, knew what to do if we had a problem. Thank you so much.

Richard & Sheryl

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

New American Funding was a pleasure to do business with, all of the dealings I've had with their personnel were professional and included the upmost of customer service. Very quick to respond and answer questions I had and always willing to solve any problems or issues when going through the loan qualification.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Jeniffer ** went above and beyond to provide me information and education to ensure I was making the best decision for my financial needs. Her communication was incredible and she was a joy to work with!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I had a wonderful experience. Everyone was very helpful. The communication was very good. All of my questions were answered quickly. I have already shared my experiences with friends. I hope everyone has a great holiday this year!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I gave my overall experience the highest rating for New American Funding although I had a extremely poor experience regarding the appraisal process. Geoffrey ** appraised my home twice in 3 years. Both appraisals seemed low. Jenny was helpful and understanding. Ordered a second appraisal after my most recent one came in low and the second appraisal was 40k higher. It was clear the low appraisal was racially motivated.

A neighbor got their home appraised a week before mine. Their home was one bedroom less, 300 square ft. smaller, similar finishes and upgrades. My home had landscaping and patio cover, theirs did not. Their home appraised for $635k. Geoffrey appraised my home for $610K. So I knew something wasn’t right. The second appraisal by a different appraiser came in at 650k. The second appraiser spent much more time at my home than Geoffrey. I hope you no longer use his services as he clearly does not thorough work and is clearly biased.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Courtney was amazing. My only problems came from the underwriter. They were requesting things of me not consistent with FHA guidelines, and when I asked for them to show me the specific guidelines they couldn't even pull it up, and said it's "underwriter's discretion". Luckily Courtney was there as a liaison to help.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Best loan advisor I have worked with! Promote immediately. Offer a bonus. Thank you for the opportunity. This loan has helped me get one step closer to meeting my family goals and providing for my children. I’m grateful.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

Just read the subject line…enough said! Toni is great to work with, and this was our second time! Super knowledgeable, friendly, and works for her clients. We would highly recommend New American Funding for your mortgage needs!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I got a great rate and the loan closed very quickly. From initial contact to closing was about 2 weeks. The loan officer and processor were professional, upfront, and knowledgeable. They responded quickly to all my questions. The entire process was completely painless. And most importantly, there were no surprises at closing. I would definitely do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Shane **, Lekeshia **, and Markia ** are absolutely wonderful! So many great qualities it is difficult to list them all. Can't say quite as many good things about the others associated with our loan. Duplicate information was requested from us multiple times, very frustrating. The mobile notaries were absolutely wonderful, but the company that scheduled them was terrible, and lied about rescheduling, then tried to make their mobile notary look bad. Would suggest New American contract with a different Notary Service, as this one will eventually lose their good notaries. I would also suggest that there be a way to get a digital copy of the loan paperwork after signing. Overall a satisfactory experience, and we would choose Shane and New American again, but a couple of unprofessional glitches that I would have expected to be smoother as your company is in business to do this type of loan.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

My home loan process was a high quality experience from beginning to the finish. Greatly facilitated and supported by Brandon ** as we moved through the entire process. I highly recommend New American Funding because of employees like Brandon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

I had worked with at least nine other mortgage companies over the past 10 months prior to discussing this with your representative Utaz. He was so very informative, knew all of the information that I needed and was able to help me get the mortgage that I desperately needed. I will represent and recommend your company to anyone that I speak to that expresses the need for a mortgage. Thank you Utaz so very much For all of your assistance. I hope your boss gives you a good bonus this year.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Pouyan is great at communicating with the method that works best for individuals. I preferred to communicate via email because of work. He was very accommodating with that request. He also did a great job communicating each part of the process. The entire process was quick and easy as a returning client. I will definitely contact Pouyan in the future for any mortgage needs.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Jenny ** was easy to work with. Everything handled over the phone or by email. Notary came to our home to complete all documents. Loan was funded a few days later and payment to former mortgage holder is due to transact soon.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Our experience with our home refinance was wonderful...Scott ** communicated consistently with status updates and email/voicemail responses were prompt and timely. Would definitely recommend your company to others.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Steven ** is outstanding! He guides his clients and explains what the best course of action would be in their situation. He answers questions using non-technical terms and overall cares about his clients. I have used him twice and am extremely pleased.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

NewAmerican used internet tech along with real, knowledge mortgage professionals to work us through the Re-Fi process. Taking advantage of low rates and the equity we built into our home of 15 years, we are now able to return a large portion of that equity into the property with a remodel and eliminate credit card interest we have struggled with for years. I had been hesitant to use any lender that didn’t have a nearby office with people that I could walk into and sit face to face with. It took a good friend and his positive experience with NAFunding to alleviate my concern and begin the application process online. I am glad I did and will be treating my friend and family to a barbecue at our home this spring when the remodel is complete. Finally, to Brittani and Jessica, my family and I personally want to thank you for your help in making this possible, you’ll have no idea what a quality of life improvement your work will have resulted in.

Jeff G

Charlotte, NC

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

My refinance experience with New American was great. Michael and Brigette were phenomenal and processed my refinancing within two weeks. They exactly know what their client wants and they delivered in a timely manner.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Christopher at New American Funding was great to work with and was always available and went above and beyond to ensure we came through the process as painless as possible! Thanks again Christopher, it was great doing business with you!

New American Funding Company Information