New American Funding

Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About New American Funding

New American Funding (NMLS #6606) is a California-based mortgage lender founded in 2003. The company serves 49 states and offers multiple types of mortgages, including FHA, VA, USDA, conventional, jumbo, buydowns, reverse mortgages and I CAN loans. You can start the application process online, but you’ll have to chat with a loan officer to finalize your application.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • High customer satisfaction ratings
  • Several FHA loans
  • Quick preapproval decisions
Cons
  • Application process not 100% online
  • No pre-qualification without a credit check

Stars Rating

• 65%
  • 21%
  • 2%
  • 4%
  • 8%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New American Funding?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New American Funding?

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

I had a wonderful experience. Everyone was very helpful. The communication was very good. All of my questions were answered quickly. I have already shared my experiences with friends. I hope everyone has a great holiday this year!

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

I gave my overall experience the highest rating for New American Funding although I had a extremely poor experience regarding the appraisal process. Geoffrey ** appraised my home twice in 3 years. Both appraisals seemed low. Jenny was helpful and understanding. Ordered a second appraisal after my most recent one came in low and the second appraisal was 40k higher. It was clear the low appraisal was racially motivated.

A neighbor got their home appraised a week before mine. Their home was one bedroom less, 300 square ft. smaller, similar finishes and upgrades. My home had landscaping and patio cover, theirs did not. Their home appraised for $635k. Geoffrey appraised my home for $610K. So I knew something wasn’t right. The second appraisal by a different appraiser came in at 650k. The second appraiser spent much more time at my home than Geoffrey. I hope you no longer use his services as he clearly does not thorough work and is clearly biased.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Courtney was amazing. My only problems came from the underwriter. They were requesting things of me not consistent with FHA guidelines, and when I asked for them to show me the specific guidelines they couldn't even pull it up, and said it's "underwriter's discretion". Luckily Courtney was there as a liaison to help.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Best loan advisor I have worked with! Promote immediately. Offer a bonus. Thank you for the opportunity. This loan has helped me get one step closer to meeting my family goals and providing for my children. I’m grateful.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Just read the subject line…enough said! Toni is great to work with, and this was our second time! Super knowledgeable, friendly, and works for her clients. We would highly recommend New American Funding for your mortgage needs!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

I got a great rate and the loan closed very quickly. From initial contact to closing was about 2 weeks. The loan officer and processor were professional, upfront, and knowledgeable. They responded quickly to all my questions. The entire process was completely painless. And most importantly, there were no surprises at closing. I would definitely do business with them again.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

Shane **, Lekeshia **, and Markia ** are absolutely wonderful! So many great qualities it is difficult to list them all. Can't say quite as many good things about the others associated with our loan. Duplicate information was requested from us multiple times, very frustrating. The mobile notaries were absolutely wonderful, but the company that scheduled them was terrible, and lied about rescheduling, then tried to make their mobile notary look bad. Would suggest New American contract with a different Notary Service, as this one will eventually lose their good notaries. I would also suggest that there be a way to get a digital copy of the loan paperwork after signing. Overall a satisfactory experience, and we would choose Shane and New American again, but a couple of unprofessional glitches that I would have expected to be smoother as your company is in business to do this type of loan.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

My home loan process was a high quality experience from beginning to the finish. Greatly facilitated and supported by Brandon ** as we moved through the entire process. I highly recommend New American Funding because of employees like Brandon.

Reviewed Dec. 3, 2021

I had worked with at least nine other mortgage companies over the past 10 months prior to discussing this with your representative Utaz. He was so very informative, knew all of the information that I needed and was able to help me get the mortgage that I desperately needed. I will represent and recommend your company to anyone that I speak to that expresses the need for a mortgage. Thank you Utaz so very much For all of your assistance. I hope your boss gives you a good bonus this year.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Pouyan is great at communicating with the method that works best for individuals. I preferred to communicate via email because of work. He was very accommodating with that request. He also did a great job communicating each part of the process. The entire process was quick and easy as a returning client. I will definitely contact Pouyan in the future for any mortgage needs.

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Jenny ** was easy to work with. Everything handled over the phone or by email. Notary came to our home to complete all documents. Loan was funded a few days later and payment to former mortgage holder is due to transact soon.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Our experience with our home refinance was wonderful...Scott ** communicated consistently with status updates and email/voicemail responses were prompt and timely. Would definitely recommend your company to others.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Steven ** is outstanding! He guides his clients and explains what the best course of action would be in their situation. He answers questions using non-technical terms and overall cares about his clients. I have used him twice and am extremely pleased.

StaffRates

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

NewAmerican used internet tech along with real, knowledge mortgage professionals to work us through the Re-Fi process. Taking advantage of low rates and the equity we built into our home of 15 years, we are now able to return a large portion of that equity into the property with a remodel and eliminate credit card interest we have struggled with for years. I had been hesitant to use any lender that didn’t have a nearby office with people that I could walk into and sit face to face with. It took a good friend and his positive experience with NAFunding to alleviate my concern and begin the application process online. I am glad I did and will be treating my friend and family to a barbecue at our home this spring when the remodel is complete. Finally, to Brittani and Jessica, my family and I personally want to thank you for your help in making this possible, you’ll have no idea what a quality of life improvement your work will have resulted in.

Jeff G

Charlotte, NC

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

My refinance experience with New American was great. Michael and Brigette were phenomenal and processed my refinancing within two weeks. They exactly know what their client wants and they delivered in a timely manner.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Christopher at New American Funding was great to work with and was always available and went above and beyond to ensure we came through the process as painless as possible! Thanks again Christopher, it was great doing business with you!

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Working with New American Funding was quick and simple. I had help through the whole process and was surprised how fast things were getting done. Everyone I interacted with was kind and professional.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

This was refinance process. This happened very swiftly and Ryan provided excellent service and communication. He was very professional and made me feel safe throughout this process with my private information.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

From the time I contacted NAF until the time I closed was a very pleasant experience. I was told upfront what the cost was going to be, there were. I hidden fees and everything went as explained. Thank you Cassandra ** and Samantha **!

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Literally such a pleasant experience!!! Tanya my loan officer made me feel like family with the amount of care she took with my situation. My loan processor Bilal was more than patient with my thousands of questions almost every day. I’m so thankful I chose this company to purchase my home!

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Dayna helped us refinance our home, and gain the new equity from a crazy 2021, while laying out all the options in front of us. She and Kylie were great to work with, both very responsive. Thank you both!

Customer ServiceLoan Process

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

We received several calls from a supervisor at NAF looking to speak about removing the PMI on our current mortgage. Upon returning the call, we were put in touch with Michael **, who suggested that we look at refinancing since rates had dropped. I was concerned about being approved due to Parent Plus loans in deferment, but Michael was able to get us approved for a lower rate with no PMI and pay off a personal loan, saving us close to $900 per month in payments. From start to finish the process took less than 30 days.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

I absolutely am so happy with New American Funding. Everything was met for my needs in a fast and professional way! The process was so smooth, my loan officer explained everything in terms I could understand! He was just awesome to work with!

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

Megan ** and Samantha ** were great to work with. Excellent customer was provided at each step of the process and no question went unanswered. I would definitely use New American again as well as refer my family and friends.

Transparency

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

Good and fast information, clear, even at night or weekends, faster respond, on time to close with title company, I bought a condominium. My pre approval letter was updated any time I ask for. Thank you very much.

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

Floyd help to increase my credit score so I can get a better rate on my loan and was always available if I had questions. I was able to get cash payout and pay creditors and got rid of all that credit card debt. We are retired and you made it possible for us to stay retired with a simpler budget.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

Very attentive in responding, always answered questions and was very hard working, listened to our needs and was persistent in getting us what we wanted. Cheerful and upbeat always, delightful to work with, appreciate her so much!

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

We started with another provider. They had issues with our home. Graham reviewed information from our first provider. He did the work to find out if we would have the same issue with NAF before wasting our time with a bunch of forms. Once we decided to move forward communication was great. We are so happy with the service we received.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan Process

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2021

From start to finish, my experience with NAF was positive. From talking through my finance options with my Loan Officer to getting through the closing process with my Processor, each of them were patient and quick to respond to my emails and calls. They were also very knowledgeable. Also, their online customer portal is very user friendly and easy on the eyes! I am very satisfied with the service and so glad to have found out about them!

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

Joseph ** was upbeat, professional with great communication that was easy to understand. He never admitted to know every answer to my questions and clearly set expectations that if he didn’t know he would find out and call immediately. The process was easy and the loan closed ahead of schedule. Peyton ** the loan processor was equally as great and should be acknowledged for her professionalism and skills to keep the file moving through the system. Her follow up and timely requests with immediate responses allowed underwriting approval and closing within the scheduled timeline of forty-five days. From the day our application was submitted October 25th, to signing closing documents November 20th, then funding November 26th was efficient and impressive to complete a start to end refinance in thirty days.

Online & AppStaffEase of Use

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

The site is easy to navigate. Utsav was very professional, honest, accessible, and helpful. He guided me from beginning to the end. He answered all of my many questions, as I was not knowledgeable to the refinancing process. I am very pleased with New American, Utsav, and my refinance.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

Morning mama. For Mathew: Mathew has explained the process to me with the utmost and honest professionalism. He was organized & thorough & professional, as well as kind which made all of the difference in my interactions with him. He has been a pleasure to work with. Responsive, quick to return calls, patient and knowledgeable. He moved mountains for us and I was most impressed with the turnaround and how quickly we got the clear to close. Definitely recommending Matthew to my friends and family for their mortgage financing needs. Thanks so much Mathew!

StaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

I’m glad I switched over. Our loan officer Brian was great from start. He got us a great rate, explained every step and made sure we were always updated. We were approved and closed within less than a month.

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

So thankful to New American Funding for a quick and easy refinance of our house. The communication was frequent and complete. Our loan officer was super friendly and reassuring. He guided us through the entire process and made sure all our questions were answered. I can't imagine this process going any smoother. Thanks!

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

My cash-out refinance with NAF was smooth and successful. This was my second refinancing with NAF under three years. My agent Michael **, helped navigate me through the process by processing my documents quickly and explaining the benefits that I was getting. I decided to do this refinance in order to pay off some other debts and consolidate my debts. I’m satisfied with the outcome.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 29, 2021

Quality service from the loan Officer, Robert **. Kept open communication throughout the whole process and I could always count on him to return my calls or emails in a quick manner. He kept me updated throughout the whole process. Very professional and friendly, very knowledgeable of the products offered at New American Funding.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

We just closed on our first home and we found the people from New American Funding made the process a simple one for us. The start of the process, we were given worksheets of expenses and what to expect. From there, anytime we had inspections or anything that needed to be completed, we were notified right away and provided with everything we needed to complete each process as we went through the steps.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Very POLITE people. The company has experienced and patience people. Especially, Scott has made things clear and simple for us. Really comfortable working with them and their system. I would recommend NAF to anybody.

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

I will recommend your company to everyone I know. All people involved in my loan transaction were intelligent, knowledgeable about your products and applied it to what I needed. They are all assets to your company and should be commended for jobs well done.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Working with New American loan specialist Kenny ** has revived my trust to this process. He made the processing not only easy but enjoyable due to his outstanding customer service. He is so trustworthy and genuinely interested in his customer’s needs as well as respectful in every way. His communication is superb and detailed with great knowledge of the process. He is an asset for this company and will refer my friends and colleagues to him and New American Funding. I will certainly go to New American Funding and Kenny ** with any future mortgage needs. A big shout out to all of you.

StaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

We already explained why it was such a great experience. Not sure why the redundancy. Amanda was exceptional. She made herself available any time of the day. She was so kind always willing to help us with any question. She made the experience very positive. She represents your company so well. Everyone who contacted us were all very professional.

Reviewed Nov. 27, 2021

Michael helped make the process go as smoothly as possible and his assistance was appreciated. He is professional, conscientious, and customer-focused, which makes working with him as easy as it can be given the fact that the process involved is complex.