2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.38/5

Zillow Home Loans, LLC, an affiliate of Zillow Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing national provider of online mortgage lending services across the United States. The company became a Zillow Group company in 2018, and it's committed to delivering a seamless and streamlined mortgage experience. Homebuyers can use the company's advanced technology, competitive rates and transparent process to find a mortgage solution that suits their needs.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC’s NMLS ID #10287

BOTTOM LINE

Zillow Home Loans is a lender that offers a variety of loan options with competitive interest rates and refinancing options.

PROS

• Online resources
  • Mortgage calculator
  • Competitive interest rates

CONS

• Closings can take a while

Top Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

I absolutely loved working with Zillow Home Loans… My loan officer, Mike, was wonderful. Always kept me informed, never made me feel like I was wasting my time. ... This company has made the dream of 5 little kids come true and I will forever be grateful.

Mr. Steven ** is the ABSOLUTE BEST Loan Officer EVER!!! He is a true angel on earth with all the knowledge, guidance and comfort any borrower would desire when buying a home. ... Most importantly of all, he saved us from buying a lemon. Every buyer's biggest fear.

What is Zillow Home Loans?

Zillow Home Loans is a mortgage company that provides direct lending services to potential homebuyers. Its website features interest rates and mortgage calculators to help you estimate how much you can afford to spend on a house.

To begin your mortgage search, fill out a short questionnaire on its website to provide information about your income, budget and homebuying process. An experienced loan officer from Zillow Home Loans will then reach out to help you purchase a new home or refinance your existing home. This process does not affect your credit score, and you’re not under any obligation to take a mortgage loan with Zillow.

Some common loan types available with Zillow are:

• 15-year fixed-rate mortgage
    • 30-year fixed-rate mortgage
    • 5/1 adjustable-rate mortgage
    • 7/1 adjustable-rate mortgage
    • VA loan
    • FHA loan
    • Jumbo loan

Zillow mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently and are based on multiple factors, including the type of loan, the size of your down payment and your credit history. To receive an accurate quote for a mortgage through Zillow Home Loans, request a preapproval or speak to one of the company's loan officers. The company also provides sample loan terms on its website.

Zillow Home Loans FAQ

Can I refinance my home with Zillow Home Loans?
    Yes, you can receive quotes for home refinancing through Zillow and other local lenders.
    What interest rates does Zillow Home Loans have?
    Depending on your credit and loan terms, interest rates through Zillow range from 2.650% to 5.250% at the time of publication.
    What is the minimum downpayment a mortgage with for Zillow Home Loans?
    This depends on the type of loan. For example, a conventional loan requires a minimum down payment of 3%, while an FHA loan requires 3.5%. There are also some programs and grants that allow for $0 down payments.

Is Zillow Home Loans good?

Zillow provides competitive interest rates and a payment calculator. This service is a good choice for those who want multiple loan options, and it offers interest rates ranging from roughly 2.6% to more than 5% at the time of publication. If you’re interested in competitive rates and good customer service, we recommend Zillow Home Loans.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I've never refinanced before, was unsure what to expect from the process, and asked about 10 different vendors for quotes. Michael ** was the only one who the took time time out of his day to explain the process to me. From the start, we spent 30 minutes on the phone, and from our conversation, I felt comfortable knowing what to expect. He was also one of the few to provide me quotes upfront, and by FAR his/Zillow's quotes were the most detailed and transparent. He gave me 3 exact breakdowns which I could compare side by side.

I knew there were no funny, hidden, non-refundable fees that would haunt me later down the line. I honestly told him some of the other companies/quotes I had received, and he met me with the same transparency. He shared resources where I could read into more reviews and also shared his own experience based on feedback he heard from his clients. He always let me come up with my own opinions on the situation and never rushed me into doing anything. I knew I could trust Michael and that he'd be communicative every step of the way from the two facts above. He made it very clear that I could always reach out (and I did because I knew he meant it). He was responsive late into the evening and also on weekends.

He went the extra mile to get us the best terms possible and discussed what was possible with his teams internally. I did not see this type of commitment from any other lender. Nowhere close. He stuck to his word and personally texted me when the rates got better. Again, no other lender bothered to do this outside of an automated message. If I were buying a new home and wanted the safest, fastest closing times, I would 100% call Michael up. I challenge you to show me another company who can offer the same transparency, a 3-4 week closing time, and a lower rate if rates decrease before you close.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Zillow Home Loans, and specifically our assigned officer Michael **, did a fantastic job giving us a great refinance experience. After shopping around for a bit, we found Zillow's rates lower than the competition. Our loan officer was incredibly communicative and patient to explain the process and what to expect as we went through our first refinance process.

The only hiccups in the process were in getting a few typographical errors in the initial disclosures and e-sign documents corrected. It seemed to us that the company could benefit by improving whatever systems are in place that prevent making crucial corrections in these documents in a timely manner. These issues almost prevented us from moving forward, and our officer deserves all the credit for winning back our business. All in all, we would recommend Zillow Home Loans to anyone considering a mortgage loan.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Robert, we are continuously making improvements to our technology to make the process as seamless as possible. We are thrilled Michael exceeded expectations and helped regain your trust in the process.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I applied for mortgage refinance through Zillow in July. Agent Michael ** gave us fast and great help in the process. Just in one day after we completed our application, he could send us the initial disclosure. He explained the different rate options. With his advice, we could lock in the best one that fitted our need in time. Also the rate is a better one as compared to the other loan company I applied at the same time and was very competitive when I did research online. He kept us informed of our progress even he said no news is good news for the approval process. It's a very pleasant experience working with Michael for my application. Christina ** was also very helpful during the data collection process even there were a few times of back and forth additional data requests. That indicated Zillow is serious and secure in doing loan business. It took about 17 days from our completed application to receiving the final closing document. I enjoyed their services.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Kenny, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this thoughtful review.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I shopped around with 3 different mortgage lenders, including a local company, Rocket Mortgage, and Zillow. Zillow had the best rate and made refinancing really simple and straightforward with the online platform. My #1 reason for giving it 5 stars is because unlike Rocket Mortgage, Vincent didn't pressure me or twist my arm--there wasn't a sales pitch at all, just the facts.

One thing that could have been better is their internal coordination. Vincent proactively proposed a small change on the loan estimate, which I agreed to, but then inside Zillow it seemed to get ignored, and for that whole time I was waiting for a revision before proceeding with closing. They could have just set expectations upfront that it probably wouldn't be reflected until I saw the final documents just before closing. A small thing that could have been better was there's total silence when they don't need something from me, and it would have been nice for the platform to just reflect with little periodic updates that there are internal processes happening.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Lauren! We are grateful for the recommendation of Zillow Home Loans and Vincent.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

So it’s hard to express going from being skeptical of anything online to having a 45 minute conversation with a man named John ** And ending the call with the feeling that I was dealing with an old friend who I trusted to have my back, and would do right by me. I don’t know if my instincts are that keen but with everything now completed I can honestly say I still feel that way about my entire Zillow experience from start to finish. That wasn’t just my account though as everyone I spoke with Weather and be the sellers agent or my closing company everyone along the way made it a point to tell me how great Zillow was to work with and how friendly and efficient they were and a pleasure to deal with. Honestly I just can’t say enough great things about John ** And everyone I dealt with at Zillow and Highly recommend John ** and Zillow Home Loans LLC.

Thank you John!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Michael ** was extremely helpful at the beginning of the refi process, but I'm sad to say I did not get responses to my emails, text messages, or voicemails/phone calls at the end. We received a statement of denial on November 19th, and I wanted to understand why. I could tell from the document the DTI ratio was the issue, but it would have greatly helped to know the amount we were over so we could reapply, as this refi was extremely important to my and my family's financial future. Unfortunately, I never received an answer after several attempts to reach him and would have appreciated if he had closed the loop with me.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We regret to hear that you had an unfavorable experience. We would like to look into your concerns further and assist in rectify the issues you are facing. Please email us directly at zhlcustomersupport@zillowhomeloans.com.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Kathy ** provided a great experience, she delivered on all the timelines/promises. Zillow Home Loans was a very quick and seamless experience. I highly recommend both Kathy ** and Zillow Home loans.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

This might be the worst finance/mortgage agency I’ve every dealt with. Refinancing was easy enough and shortly after they transferred the loan to another lender. Standard. That was supposed to happen 2 months ago and now I now have 2 mortgages on the same property. I cannot get anyone on the phone and when I do there is nothing they can do. I am promised call backs but never get one. I have left multiple messages and emails with different people and not a single reply. I now have my files a report with my credit agency to investigate it. This is complete incompetence on every level. Covid or not this has been a ridiculously frustrating experience! Stay away.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Zillow is fast at getting you the loan. Then they sell it and the NIGHTMARE begins. They are totally incompetent in servicing the loan. They are not even sure which loans are theirs and which ones have been issued to other mortgage companies. They will keep billing you, post your account delinquent, and threaten foreclosure, even when the servicing of the loan is not theirs to service. This is the worst company you can choose for a new or refinance loan.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My wife and I got the pleasure to work on refinancing our home loan with Kathy **. She was in constant communication with us, even on weekends, updating us on the status of our home loan. Kathy made what seems to always be a difficult process an easy and straightforward experience. There were no sudden fees or tricky paperwork. Kathy ** made it all so easy. Overall, outstanding customer service. Already gave her business information out to my friends who are interested in purchasing/refinancing their homes.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you Bishoy for the excellent review of Zillow Home Loans and Kathy!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Company Information

Public
      Formerly Named:
      Mortgage Lenders of America, L.L.C.
      10975 El Monte St.