Mortgage Lenders of America
Looking for a mortgage lender?

Mortgage Lenders of America

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Aug. 28, 2017

6 Mortgage Lenders of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I am a realtor in PA and have had one of the best experiences with Erik ** Mtg. Originator of Mortgage Lenders of America and the transaction he made come true. Erik is professional and experienced in the mortgage business. He had the understanding of my buyer's needs. This was my buyer's first home purchase. Erik took the time to explain the process and worked with the buyer step by step to get us to closing. He took challenging buyers and made them home owners, meeting deadlines and state regulations. Without his help this deal would never have happened. When referring lenders I do not hesitate giving Erik's name to my clients.

Original review: May 17, 2017

This company search me out after I went house shopping online. Greg ** contacting me, offering to get preapprove. I did so. 2 months later, after going into a contract on a home Greg told me I didn't qualify for the loan. His call came 2 hours after I mailed the diligence and Earnest money. He had looked at a VA loan when my wife and I did not have military experience. He then looked at another loan and said it looked better and it should work. A long story short, after signing disclosure and sending all the documents the underwriter ask for, he told us we did not meet the qualifications. We are out of the $500 diligence money, and now Greg won't answer the phone. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THE ENTIRE EXPERIENCE WAS MISERABLE!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Speaking from the seller's point of view, MLOA has dragged out this loan process way too long for the couple I am selling my house to. It has been almost 4 months they have been strung along and still no closing date. I do not know if the loan officer is too inexperienced or she takes too much time off from work but this loan is obviously not a priority for her or this company.

Original review: May 11, 2015

My loan officer, **, was on top of everything from the beginning. Easiest transaction I've ever had. Closed in three weeks, and I even got most of my money back from the escrow deposit (1st time my realtor had seen that). ** answered all questions and addressed things I hadn't thought of... Very professional, personable, and all around easy to work with. Highly recommend these folks!

Original review: April 28, 2010

I submitted a full contract with them on March 4th, 2010 and everything was good. Then two days before closing, they sandbagged me with a last minute change which forced me to lose a $8,000 homeowner tax credit last minute. They said my financier can no longer be on the settlement statement. She was the only one who qualified for the tax credit.

They were aware of this and didn't inform me intentionally until the last minute in order to endure I wouldn’t leave. If I did, I wouldn't have enough time to close with another lender in order to meet the Tax Credit deadline. They performed very poorly and I suggest going to the other 9 million lenders out there than gamble on this one. Bad faith and very poor business ethics, do not do business here. I had $8,000 tax credit lost, thanks to Mortgage Lenders of America.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mortgage Lenders of America?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2009
    These lenders never looked at the file and had the file for over a month,
    My sellers are elderly and have been waiting to close, the lenders would not return our calls or give us a reason the file was not looked at or even gone through, I had called about 20 times as well as the title company calling,

Mortgage Lenders of America Company Information

www.mortgagelendersofamerica.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use