2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.40/5

Zillow Home Loans, LLC, an affiliate of Zillow Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing national provider of online mortgage lending services across the United States. The company became a Zillow Group company in 2018, and it's committed to delivering a seamless and streamlined mortgage experience. Homebuyers can use the company's advanced technology, competitive rates and transparent process to find a mortgage solution that suits their needs.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC’s NMLS ID #10287

BOTTOM LINE

Zillow Home Loans is a lender that offers a variety of loan options with competitive interest rates and refinancing options.

PROS

• Online resources
  • Mortgage calculator
  • Competitive interest rates

CONS

• Closings can take a while

Top Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

I absolutely loved working with Zillow Home Loans… My loan officer, Mike, was wonderful. Always kept me informed, never made me feel like I was wasting my time. ... This company has made the dream of 5 little kids come true and I will forever be grateful.

Mr. Steven ** is the ABSOLUTE BEST Loan Officer EVER!!! He is a true angel on earth with all the knowledge, guidance and comfort any borrower would desire when buying a home. ... Most importantly of all, he saved us from buying a lemon. Every buyer's biggest fear.

Unsubscribe at any time.

What is Zillow Home Loans?

Zillow Home Loans is a mortgage company that provides direct lending services to potential homebuyers. Its website features interest rates and mortgage calculators to help you estimate how much you can afford to spend on a house.

To begin your mortgage search, fill out a short questionnaire on its website to provide information about your income, budget and homebuying process. An experienced loan officer from Zillow Home Loans will then reach out to help you purchase a new home or refinance your existing home. This process does not affect your credit score, and you’re not under any obligation to take a mortgage loan with Zillow.

Some common loan types available with Zillow are:

• 15-year fixed-rate mortgage
    • 30-year fixed-rate mortgage
    • 5/1 adjustable-rate mortgage
    • 7/1 adjustable-rate mortgage
    • VA loan
    • FHA loan
    • Jumbo loan

Zillow mortgage rates

Mortgage rates change frequently and are based on multiple factors, including the type of loan, the size of your down payment and your credit history. To receive an accurate quote for a mortgage through Zillow Home Loans, request a preapproval or speak to one of the company's loan officers. The company also provides sample loan terms on its website.

Zillow Home Loans FAQ

Can I refinance my home with Zillow Home Loans?
    Yes, you can receive quotes for home refinancing through Zillow and other local lenders.
    What interest rates does Zillow Home Loans have?
    Depending on your credit and loan terms, interest rates through Zillow range from 2.650% to 5.250% at the time of publication.
    What is the minimum downpayment a mortgage with for Zillow Home Loans?
    This depends on the type of loan. For example, a conventional loan requires a minimum down payment of 3%, while an FHA loan requires 3.5%. There are also some programs and grants that allow for $0 down payments.

Is Zillow Home Loans good?

Zillow provides competitive interest rates and a payment calculator. This service is a good choice for those who want multiple loan options, and it offers interest rates ranging from roughly 2.6% to more than 5% at the time of publication. If you’re interested in competitive rates and good customer service, we recommend Zillow Home Loans.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Zillow Home Loans, and specifically our assigned officer Michael **, did a fantastic job giving us a great refinance experience. After shopping around for a bit, we found Zillow's rates lower than the competition. Our loan officer was incredibly communicative and patient to explain the process and what to expect as we went through our first refinance process.

The only hiccups in the process were in getting a few typographical errors in the initial disclosures and e-sign documents corrected. It seemed to us that the company could benefit by improving whatever systems are in place that prevent making crucial corrections in these documents in a timely manner. These issues almost prevented us from moving forward, and our officer deserves all the credit for winning back our business. All in all, we would recommend Zillow Home Loans to anyone considering a mortgage loan.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Robert, we are continuously making improvements to our technology to make the process as seamless as possible. We are thrilled Michael exceeded expectations and helped regain your trust in the process.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I applied for mortgage refinance through Zillow in July. Agent Michael ** gave us fast and great help in the process. Just in one day after we completed our application, he could send us the initial disclosure. He explained the different rate options. With his advice, we could lock in the best one that fitted our need in time. Also the rate is a better one as compared to the other loan company I applied at the same time and was very competitive when I did research online. He kept us informed of our progress even he said no news is good news for the approval process. It's a very pleasant experience working with Michael for my application. Christina ** was also very helpful during the data collection process even there were a few times of back and forth additional data requests. That indicated Zillow is serious and secure in doing loan business. It took about 17 days from our completed application to receiving the final closing document. I enjoyed their services.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Kenny, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this thoughtful review.

Get buying tips about Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

I shopped around with 3 different mortgage lenders, including a local company, Rocket Mortgage, and Zillow. Zillow had the best rate and made refinancing really simple and straightforward with the online platform. My #1 reason for giving it 5 stars is because unlike Rocket Mortgage, Vincent didn't pressure me or twist my arm--there wasn't a sales pitch at all, just the facts.

One thing that could have been better is their internal coordination. Vincent proactively proposed a small change on the loan estimate, which I agreed to, but then inside Zillow it seemed to get ignored, and for that whole time I was waiting for a revision before proceeding with closing. They could have just set expectations upfront that it probably wouldn't be reflected until I saw the final documents just before closing. A small thing that could have been better was there's total silence when they don't need something from me, and it would have been nice for the platform to just reflect with little periodic updates that there are internal processes happening.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Lauren! We are grateful for the recommendation of Zillow Home Loans and Vincent.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I found Zillow Home Loans through internet, and honestly I was a bit skeptical because I have never done this. At that time I have already started process with different Loan company, however that company never contacted me back. Zillow on the other hand, (I work with Vincent **) is great to work with from the beginning. My case has a lot of pieces to move around and Vincent is able to move those pieces around and provide me and my husband a much better interest rate for the next 30 yrs. There was a bit of delay in process, but I think it is within reasonable time. Vincent and his team are thorough and transparent with the process. So thank you Vincent **, Brian and Reid for your help!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you Meitri, we are looking to change people's minds about internet-based home loan providers and we are grateful we could help change yours!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

So it’s hard to express going from being skeptical of anything online to having a 45 minute conversation with a man named John ** And ending the call with the feeling that I was dealing with an old friend who I trusted to have my back, and would do right by me. I don’t know if my instincts are that keen but with everything now completed I can honestly say I still feel that way about my entire Zillow experience from start to finish. That wasn’t just my account though as everyone I spoke with Weather and be the sellers agent or my closing company everyone along the way made it a point to tell me how great Zillow was to work with and how friendly and efficient they were and a pleasure to deal with. Honestly I just can’t say enough great things about John ** And everyone I dealt with at Zillow and Highly recommend John ** and Zillow Home Loans LLC.

Thank you John!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Kevin ** and Laurie ** made it so easy to complete a refinance. If you're trying to save some interest costs in these historically low rates, you can comfortably head into the process knowing it will be painless and quick.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

As background, this was my 3rd refinance in 10 years due to falling rates. I say this as I have not had any issues with the other home loans I have gotten. As a quick summary, this was a fairly priced loan, but it appears that Zillow is not ready to take on any servicing. This is a best case assumption. Worst case, they are actively trying to extract money from the consumer. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. See details below.

After closing a fair priced loan, I asked where to send the initial payment. Weeks went by with me making multiple requests per week for where to send the payment, with no answer. I also called their customer service department, leaving multiple messages, but nobody ever called back. Finally, on 7/29, they confirmed where to send payment which was submitted that day and was cashed on 8/4. They have transferred the loan and an auto-payment has been submitted to the servicer on 9/1, but I continue to get letters from Zillow saying that I am late on my August and September payments. Do not use unless you want a hassle for months to come. Simply not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I reached out to Zillow Home Loans myself after doing some searches for home loan refinancing based on company reviews and current rates. Currently, the process is quite simple with Zillow because of the whole Covid-19 situation but even so they handled any issues quickly and professionally. I worked with Steven ** directly and his depth and breadth of experience definitely eased the process a great deal and he was either able to answer any questions I had immediately. I would certainly consider them again if I have the opportunity to move and require a new home loan.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We appreciate you sharing your experience with Steve.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Brianna ** with Zillow Home Loans was extremely terrible at responding to my emails, calls and questions. She ignored my emails for days and responded in seconds when I told her I found a better lender and that I was under contract. Would not recommend to anyone.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We are unable to locate your information in our system, we are not currently operating in New York, please contact us with your contact information, as we would love to know more about your experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The loan officer and processor were professional and friendly. They made the process quick and easy. They made sure to explain what to expect next and answered my questions. The rate was very competitive and the fees were lower than the competitive quotes that I received. I wholeheartedly recommend you give them a shot.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Company Information

Public
      Formerly Named:
      Mortgage Lenders of America, L.L.C.
      10975 El Monte St.