View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.3/5 (51 ratings)

About Zillow Home Loans, LLC

Zillow Home Loans, LLC, an affiliate of Zillow Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing national provider of online mortgage lending services across the United States. The company became a Zillow Group company in 2018, and it's committed to delivering a seamless and streamlined mortgage experience. Homebuyers can use the company's advanced technology, competitive rates and transparent process to find a mortgage solution that suits their needs.

Pros

• Online resources
  • Mortgage calculator
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Closings can take a while

Bottom Line

Zillow Home Loans is a lender that offers a variety of loan options with competitive interest rates and refinancing options.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

This might be the worst finance/mortgage agency I’ve every dealt with. Refinancing was easy enough and shortly after they transferred the loan to another lender. Standard. That was supposed to happen 2 months ago and now I now have 2 mortgages on the same property. I cannot get anyone on the phone and when I do there is nothing they can do. I am promised call backs but never get one. I have left multiple messages and emails with different people and not a single reply. I now have my files a report with my credit agency to investigate it. This is complete incompetence on every level. Covid or not this has been a ridiculously frustrating experience! Stay away.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We regret to hear that you had an unfavorable experience. We would like to look into your concerns further and assist in rectify the issues you are facing. Please email us directly at zhlcustomersupport@zillowhomeloans.com.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Zillow is fast at getting you the loan. Then they sell it and the NIGHTMARE begins. They are totally incompetent in servicing the loan. They are not even sure which loans are theirs and which ones have been issued to other mortgage companies. They will keep billing you, post your account delinquent, and threaten foreclosure, even when the servicing of the loan is not theirs to service. This is the worst company you can choose for a new or refinance loan.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My wife and I got the pleasure to work on refinancing our home loan with Kathy **. She was in constant communication with us, even on weekends, updating us on the status of our home loan. Kathy made what seems to always be a difficult process an easy and straightforward experience. There were no sudden fees or tricky paperwork. Kathy ** made it all so easy. Overall, outstanding customer service. Already gave her business information out to my friends who are interested in purchasing/refinancing their homes.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you Bishoy for the excellent review of Zillow Home Loans and Kathy!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

After shopping around for the best interest rate Zillow was offering the same rate as another lender but Zillow was easier and very prompt so I decided to go with them. From the start my entire experience was great!!. Auston was great, and Diana was phenomenal!! Both were very fast and prompt when replying or requesting documentation. The entire refi was done online except the final signing and with the portal was simple and fast. I have to say that I enjoyed the whole experience, I got the rate I wanted fast and easy and Diana was a blast to talk to!! Would totally use Zillow if I ever refinance again. Thank you Auston and Diana!!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We are glad to hear what a great experience Auston and Dian provided!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Kathy ** at Zillow did a great job on our refi - easiest refi ever - thanks Kathy - the process was easy to do - Kathy handled all the paperwork and answered all our questions - I would strongly recommend Kathy ** and Zillow for your mortgage.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Rob for sharing your experience and recommending Kathy to friends and family!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Working with Zillow home loans, specifically Claudio and Steve, was superb! They answered every question we had to make us feel more comfortable with the loan we were getting. We closed faster than we expected and would recommend anyone looking to refinance or buy a new home check out Zillow home loans.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you Jerry! We appreciate the glowing review of Claudio, Steve, and Zillow Home Loans.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Steven and Edith helped us with our refinance and got it done super fast, without any problems and with a great interest rate. Other lenders told us it would take 60 days, but Zillow was able to get it done in well under a month. Very pleased.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you Arend! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

My Loan Officer Austin **, was simply amazing. He was patient, listened to my needs and provided me all the information in a concise manner. He provided his opinion about the different options and choices, helped me walk thru the pros and cons, that I found very useful. Zillow Home Loans, had a good online portal that allowed for easy uploads and status updates. Austin was also very responsive if I had any questions, thru-out the whole process. Clarity, Simplicity, competitive rates and outstanding customer centric team make this company hard to beat. Thanks again, Austin!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Kevin ** and Laurie ** made it so easy to complete a refinance. If you're trying to save some interest costs in these historically low rates, you can comfortably head into the process knowing it will be painless and quick.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

As background, this was my 3rd refinance in 10 years due to falling rates. I say this as I have not had any issues with the other home loans I have gotten. As a quick summary, this was a fairly priced loan, but it appears that Zillow is not ready to take on any servicing. This is a best case assumption. Worst case, they are actively trying to extract money from the consumer. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. See details below.

After closing a fair priced loan, I asked where to send the initial payment. Weeks went by with me making multiple requests per week for where to send the payment, with no answer. I also called their customer service department, leaving multiple messages, but nobody ever called back. Finally, on 7/29, they confirmed where to send payment which was submitted that day and was cashed on 8/4. They have transferred the loan and an auto-payment has been submitted to the servicer on 9/1, but I continue to get letters from Zillow saying that I am late on my August and September payments. Do not use unless you want a hassle for months to come. Simply not worth it.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Company Information

Public
Formerly Named:
Mortgage Lenders of America, L.L.C.
10975 El Monte St.