View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.0/5 (31 ratings)

About Zillow Home Loans, LLC

Zillow Home Loans, LLC, an affiliate of Zillow Group, Inc., is a rapidly growing national provider of online mortgage lending services across the United States. The company became a Zillow Group company in 2018, and it's committed to delivering a seamless and streamlined mortgage experience. Homebuyers can use the company's advanced technology, competitive rates and transparent process to find a mortgage solution that suits their needs.

Pros

• Online resources
  • Mortgage calculator
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Closings can take a while

Bottom Line

Zillow Home Loans is a lender that offers a variety of loan options with competitive interest rates and refinancing options.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow Home Loans, LLC?

Original review: July 13, 2021

Raquel ** was knowledgeable and helpful. She was very speedy and helped in a timely manner. She always answered questions. Raquel made sure that I knew how to answer documents and that I understood what I was signing.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Cristina ** made our first home buying experience amazing! She clearly walked us through all of the steps (repeatedly, when we’d forget, and was happy to do so) and made sure we knew what to expect throughout our home buying process. She responded to our questions and needs extremely quickly (still not sure how she’s always so on top of things, because she is) and was very supportive throughout the process. We are first time home buyers and were clueless to the entire process. We actually enjoyed the entire experience, and we know it’s in large part due to Cristina. We are excited to recommended Zillow to all of our friends and family.

Original review: June 29, 2021

After almost 6 years of renting, a house in our school district that was within my budget comfort and fit all criteria for my family hit the market; however, it was a hot ticket item given the low (affordable) inventory in the area. I knew I needed to secure a pre-approval quickly in order to have my offer considered and have a chance to finally purchase a home.

I submitted an inquiry on the website and within minutes was speaking directly to the mortgage specialist who would ultimately guide me through the entire process through closing and funding. Scott ** was responsive, knowledgeable, and demonstrated a sincere interest in helping me through the mortgage and purchase process. He attentively listened to my frequent ramblings of uncertainties and frustrations of dealing with a FSBO property who hired a last minute agent to handle everything once we were under contract. Scott and the rest of the team at Zillow treated my loan as if it was the only one that mattered, and always worked diligently to help me check off to-do list items, patiently and kindly explaining things to me when I needed guidance.

The entire process, from application to final approval, closing, funding, the Zillow loan team made sure my best interests and financial scenarios were pursued and achieved, efficiently and painlessly. The experience was not always rainbows and butterflies (is buying a home ever so pleasant?) but I was fortunate to be partnered with a group of seasoned mortgage veterans who led the charge and seamlessly carried me across the finish line. Thank you, Scott, Ana, and team, for the superior customer care and an all around incredible experience for my family.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Ashely for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear how exceptional Scott was. Welcome to the Zillow Home Loans Family!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Used Home Loans as my lender and has been the most horrible experience; they never answer on time, the closing was delay several weeks because the third parties that they use were not available. They dragged all the processes for days and we incurred in more expenses due to their delays. I would not recommend Zillow Home Loans.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Yenifer, we pride ourselves in always giving our customers exceptional customer service during the mortgage lending process, therefore, we deeply regret that you have experienced anything less than that. We are looking into your concerns and will address internally. If you would like to speak with a Customer Experience Analyst please reach out to us at ZHLCustomerExperience@zillowhomeloans.com.

Original review: June 22, 2021

Scott ** did an awesome job handling all documents and was able to answer all of my questions. He was very good about keeping me up to date on all aspects of the loan process. Scott and Julian A++.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Sean for your feedback!

Original review: June 21, 2021

Mr. ** was wonderful to work with from start to finish of my mortgage refinance. From the very beginning he was always available to answer my questions and went over and above getting answers for me regarding my unique situation. He frequently called to give me an update as my application worked through the process. The only problem with the whole process was due to the title companies inability to meet their deadline. He keep in touch with them and updated me repeatedly which was much appreciated. He was a delight to work with and his professionalism and knowledge made the entire process a wonderful experience.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Margaret for sharing your experience!

Resolution response: June 17, 2021

There was severe miscommunicate with Zillow home mortgage when I called before to see if I paid.. Also there was misunderstanding on my part. My credit score is messed up but they are willing to correct it. Also, my part is I am disabled and when I get stressed I disassociate. I did in fact owe May because we closed March 28th not April 28th. With all the stress of Covid and the misinformation (also I am traveling, so I could not verify the date of closure). If when I called to see if I owed May they informed me "yes you do" I would have paid it that very day. I got a letter saying my first payment was in June from Mr. Cooper... and a letter from Zillow saying I owed May... if they told me I did owe when I called confused asking if I owe May or June... I would have paid them that day.

Just be honest and forthright... I told them when I called to confirm if I owed them for May I would pay it.. I am giving 4 stars because they should have just said, "Yes you owe for May," instead of sending me to collections and causing me to have my health go crazy. Again, I was informed by Zillow when I called that I didn't owe it. I did my due diligence and called to see because the letters were confusing. One said June and one said May... and if they just told me I owed the payment I would have paid the day I called. I don't skip payments if I owe them.

Original review: June 16, 2021

So my officer was Camillia S. She was amazing to work and she was nice and pleasant but I have not been able to get ahold of her and then the other loan officer it was transferred to (after closing) has not contacted me either. So the scenario, like others, is they sold the loan to Mr. Cooper and they are holding the loan because they are saying that I owe money. I called them after I got a weird letter in the mail saying I owed for May. It was weird because we closed late April and apparently the document their collection depart has says we owe for May... Again we closed in late April and the documentation we signed at closing says June.

When I called them in May to confirm that we did not owe May they verified we did not owe May. HOWEVER I called today 6/16/2021 and they are saying we owe for May and June. I paid Mr. Cooper for June. So I should not owe them.. for 1... they sold the loan to Mr. Cooper. 2.. We did not owe May to begin with.. BUT NOW.. I have to provide COLLECTIONS!!! Yep Collections documentation that they apparently DON'T HAVE!!!!

Stay away from Zillow Home Loans!!! They will only give you stress! Again out of the blue sold the loan... Don't keep proper documentation (obviously). Cause stress to the disabled... and will ** UP your credit score. I did my due diligence and called to make sure I didn't owe May.. I was told I didn't... Now I am being told I do.. Paperwork and they should be able to look at their recording because I called and they were the ones... SEVERAL times saying that I didn't.. Now all of a sudden I do and they are messing with my credit. Also it's strange I was sent to collections when my loan is not even 2 months old (April 28th the loan was finalized).. Even if I did (for some very strange reason) I owed for May (which is 3 days after the loan was finalized)... I called to make sure I didn't... and THEY are the ones that said I didn't. I have been paying..!!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We are sorry to hear about your experience once your loan funded. Someone from the Zillow Home Loans, Customer Experience Team will be reaching out to you.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Josiah was great to work with. He was always available to answer my questions. Excellent customer services experience. When we didn't think we were going to find a house Josiah helped encouraged us to keep looking. Couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. Would recommend Josiah to everyone I know. He is a 10/10.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

We are glad to hear what a great experience you had with Josiah! Welcome to the Zillow Home Loans Family!!

Original review: June 11, 2021

Johnathan was clear, concise, and extremely knowledgeable throughout the entire process. All that and has a great sense of urgency, professionalism and most importantly aware of the stress the the customer is feeling. Thank you.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Michael! Glad to hear what a great experience you had with Jonathan and Zillow Home Loans!

Original review: June 11, 2021

Scott ** was a wonderful loan officer. He was always available to answer questions and keep us informed about where our loan process was. Scott would even return calls on the weekend which was just amazing. I would recommend Scott for anyone buying a home.

Zillow Home Loans, LLC response

Thank you, Philip for sharing your experience with Scott!

Zillow Home Loans, LLC Company Information

Public
Formerly Named:
Mortgage Lenders of America, L.L.C.
10975 El Monte St.