Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.36/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Zillow.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

There aren't very many good reviews regarding Zillow offers, however my husband and I had a very positive and seamless experience. We received what we felt was a fair price for our previous area and were able to move out of the state within a month! We had a more difficult time with the home builder in our new state versus the experience with Zillow. I think people feel their homes are worth far more than it's actually worth. Just my personal opinion!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Rachel ** of Jose Medina & Associates is extremely nice, helpful and very easy to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to sell their home. Our property sold the first day listed and her team was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Any questions (there were many) were answered with kindness and taken care of immediately. I can't say enough about our most positive experience.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bob ** helped my family come together in a house that we all could fit in and in an amazing safe neighborhood in Sheboygan Falls! We couldn’t have asked for a better realty company handling our transition into our new home! Funniest guy ever kept my uncle and aunt laughing through the changes!

Original review: May 29, 2019

We recently sold our home in Cornville, AZ with the expert help and direction from our realtor, Evan **, (Berkshire Hathaway). He had a good knowledge of the location and told us stories of how he grew up nearby, playing and exploring the many Indian ruin sites, creeks and trails. With his help and direction we were able to get the house and property ready to list within a month. We listed March 11th and had 2 cash offers AND a contract by THAT Friday! The house was SOLD and escrow closed in 30 days! We can’t say enough about the care and service that Evan provided and will continue to highly recommended him at every opportunity we have!

Original review: April 23, 2019

After listing with 2 previous realtors (both being horrible experiences), we went with Kelly **. I was very weary of having another realtor list our home while we were living out of state. But Kelly was so professional and her communication was SUPERIOR. Kelly made us feel at ease and emailed, called and texted constantly keeping us updated. Kelly did sell our home and the entire process was so easy because Kelly made sure it was. If you have had a negative experience with a realtor, or if you want to avoid having a negative experience, go with Kelly **, you WILL NOT regret it. Thank you so much Kelly, we would be more than happy to be a reference at any time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

My real estate agents were flipping houses. Broke the legal real estate laws and and sold us a home under false lies and Zillow refused to allow the review. I never received the appraisal or disclosure before, on or after the closing. I was lied to and told I had to use their own home inspectors which lied. I bought my first home September 25, 2019 from real estate agent flippers and liars. I hired my own lawyer after moving in the home that told me to report them to the Attorney General and realty board. Zillow refused to publish any bad reviews about my agent event though he broke the law. Sincerely, Jill **

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

It was such a pleasure for us working with Dean ** through our home buying process. He is professional, personable, and very dependable. Dean was a great help in all areas and we would recommend his expertise in buying or selling a home.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

The process of selling was pain free but we were nickeled and dimed to death. Over $20k in fees and another $20k reduction for upgrades they said the condo would need. Ok, it get it, don't like it but I get it. The part that I hated with a passion was the $500 we were charged for not removing the trash from the curb when we told the agent we were at the mercy of the county. We placed the trash at the curb and contacted the county for pickup. They came 2 days after we called but the Zillow agent couldn't wait and deducted $500 from the final payment to us even after we told her many times the county was coming to get the trash.

The condo was empty, the county was contacted, and everything was outside but it didn't matter. Again, if you're in a hurry to sell and want a painless process and have your ducks in a row and your property doesn't need any work and you're ok with the fees then use them but expect, no matter how well you've taken care of things on your end, to be nickeled and dimed to death.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

After many years of looking at Zillow.com listings of home estimates, and thinking they were accurate, I can no longer to do that. An example is my own home, which in the last 21 days has dropped nearly $50,000. Now, yes, markets can change and they say their Zestimates are based on comps of recently sold homes in the same area. That would be normal. But in my case. ONLY my home dropped in value, NOT any of my neighbors', whose homes are same age and same or smaller in size. Home across the street with no garage and smaller, are showing up $40,000 more than mine. And nothing has changed in the neighborhood, or to my home. So why was MY home singled out?

And this is not the first time this has happened. Last October, it happened just the same way. I have been in touch with Zillow many times, and fully explained the issue, and all I have received back are "stock" e-mail answers, about how their values are based on current market conditions. But they refuse to explain, or can't explain why ONLY my home has be targeted in this way.

If you are a Realtor, or an Appraiser, please stop using Zillow for your home value estimates. They must feel the pain of losing money before they will correct their business practices. And if you are an advertiser, stop it. You are supporting a company who has no customer support or care. And if you are a homeowner or buyer, you should start using other available websites, like Homesnap.com

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My home was valued by Zillow ~$50,000 less than for what it was appraised. When I refinanced, I had another appraisal done, which agreed with the first. When I sent this to Zillow, they refused to correct the error, stating that their valuations are computer-generated and cannot be altered. So my legitimate appraisal with a live body is worth less than demographic data, from their reply. I question how accurate their information truly is after this experience.

Zillow.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

• Best for: Zillow is best for house hunters, renters, homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs