2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: March 3, 2021

I don't like that Zillow doesn't have a search filter for open houses. Zillow also isn't as good as Redfin at telling you when a house is contingent or pending (in fact, Zillow rarely is up-to-date with this information). I do like that Zillow gives you actual price history and shows the amount of cuts/increases over time as compared to Redfin, but it's weird that the value of the house over time as a chart includes prices listed by owners, even if the list price was later changed. It's misleading.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Zillow is a wonderful source for home searching. It is easy to use. The search bar can take just simply a zipcode or even a broader search by counties. I liked that I could put in my own filters. It definitely cut down on wasted time swiping through homes that I shouldn't even be looking at. It was also extremely helpful that it provides full information on all homes. I do admit though that there were times when the description section did not match the fact section. Also the photo quality on some of the homes was lacking. There were also times when hardly or NO photos were given. A big disappointment was a lack of floor plans and room measures on all homes by brand new.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I like the fact that your website shows me home in my general area. It’s good to see homes around me that are for sale and how much they are selling for. I have actually used this website to let friends of mine who are looking for a home to buy to check it out. Always a lot of information about the home and many pictures.

Original review: March 1, 2021

The best feature I like when using Zillow, is the map feature. I can search using the map and don't need to open another browser tab to check the address on a map. I am not sure if other sites have this feature, but Zillow is the first one I noticed using it, so I've stuck with them. You can also use the same map to search by zip code. Awesome feature. The notifications and saved search criteria are also a nice feature.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I would like everyone looking for sales or rentals to speak with Silvana **. From the moment I met Silvana I knew everything would work out with an apartment rental. Silvana is so very KIND, professional, thorough always on time. She gives you all the information you need and takes the time with her research and answers all your question with grace and ease. Silvana makes a stressful situation like moving so reassuring and enjoyable. Silvana is absolutely one of the best realtors and women in this field. I just can't say enough great things about her, other than she is incredible. Thank you Silvana. Please consider her for any and all your moving or buying needs. You will definitely enjoy her company and the experience. Laura

Original review: April 3, 2021

I have used Zillow for years and they were great! I gave them many positive reviews! Not now! I have been trying to list my home for 3 STRAIGHT DAYS NOW and cannot! They had a phone number before for help but they have changed the phone number and no help, no phone call back, NOTHING. I cannot believe how wonderful they USED to be but nothing now. They lie and say you will receive an automated phone callback. They used to do this. I would avoid ZILLOW NOW. You will be wasting your time. They must be under new management now. Very sad.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The only way to get a semi-decent Zestimate is to submit numerous photos of your home (inside and outside). This is an invasion of privacy. It is a great tool for burglars to figure out how to rob your home. If you exclude photos of the inside of your home, your home will have a lower Zestimate than comparable home in your neighborhood.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Don't bother with signing up for Zillow.com's one fee for applications for one month if you have a credit score below 650. You will never be approved for any application you fill out cause Zillow automatically lets the potential landlord/property management that you fail to meet the minimum credit score....Save your money people.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Listing status updated promptly; zestimates may not be market area accurate. Glad to see many MLS photos included, but status & selling price once sold is very good to know. Some properties may have been bought by Zillow & relisted.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I like the ability to draw a custom search area within the website to look for homes and the filters that can be applied to narrow your search quickly. I also like the general layout and functionality of the site and it is effective for analyzing the house location, some quick pictures and the pricing.

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team