2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.61/5

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

What an amazing experience in selling my house. Kasey ** came prepared for our initial meeting --- with price comparisons on other houses that sold in the area. After agreeing on a fair price, Kasey listed the house. It sold the first day. Closing was within three weeks and went smoothly. I would recommend Kasey to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Two months ago I started using the Zillow website to market and lease my apartment communities. The Zillow website has far exceeded my expectations. The monthly cost of the service for advertising our companies apartments are recouped with one lease. The Zillow rep I have been using, Jon, is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and promptly answers my questions and returns my phone call.

David

Columbus, Ohio

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Willers ** was attentive, punctual and honest. He helped my husband and I find the right property for us. He was easy to work with, friendly and truly cared about our needs and wants. He found answers to all of our questions, even when he had to consult on details. It was refreshing to feel like our requests for further information weren't just fluff in the wind. Because he was professional and showed genuine caring to find us the right fit for our new venture, I would definitely recommend his services, he is more like a friend trying to please his client, he listens and he went above and beyond for us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

There aren't very many good reviews regarding Zillow offers, however my husband and I had a very positive and seamless experience. We received what we felt was a fair price for our previous area and were able to move out of the state within a month! We had a more difficult time with the home builder in our new state versus the experience with Zillow. I think people feel their homes are worth far more than it's actually worth. Just my personal opinion!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Rachel ** of Jose Medina & Associates is extremely nice, helpful and very easy to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to sell their home. Our property sold the first day listed and her team was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Any questions (there were many) were answered with kindness and taken care of immediately. I can't say enough about our most positive experience.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Supposedly Zillow has up to 72 hours to verify a FSBO listing. They are supposed to call and verify. I tried to list almost a week ago. I've opened 3 cases since then with no reply. I have searched everywhere for a phone # to call and there are only #'s answered for "premier agents," not regular consumers. Huge disappointment at a time where frustrations are already high and showings/marketing are difficult.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I am trying to sell my condo. Zillow has the wrong address tied to the pictures when someone searches my address, has wrong street view and pricing comparison is to the wrong address not my address. It is over 30% lower that it would be if in the right address. They were contacted many times and do nothing. I am losing potential buyers due to their negligence and am contacting a lawyer. They don't seem to care about such significant errors.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Zillow is a crap and **... website, it estimated our property over $100k bellow real value, it zestimates very similar and comparable properties over $100K more, wonder why? Even properties with lesser value are rated higher than ours, what is Zillow gaining from devaluating others properties? Hoping someone who lived in the stone age to believe and sell their property to Zillow below the fair and real value? What a scam website. Stay away. Don't let this company disappoint you, reach out to your own local agent, the managers must be fishing for your assets.

Original review: May 31, 2020

If you're considering a home purchase from Zillow -- BEWARE! I purchased my home, and while the initial impressions and cosmetic details were nice, there have been a plethora of major underlying problems. Zillow sold me a "lemon", and due to their "methods" of skirting around disclosure statements, many preexisting problems with the home were disguised and did not become evident until after I moved in. To name a few: HVAC system failure, almost all cabinetry required replacement slides and hinges, a plumbing leak was "hidden" because shutoff valve upstream had been closed. Almost all ceiling fans are extremely out of balance and will likely require replacement. A multitude of other problems have begun to show up, and in short, these issues have cost me a small fortune that I was not anticpating upon moving into a relatively new, supposedly "turn-key" home.

Furthermore, their real estate agent invalidated my initial closing by not filling out the paperwork appropriately. This delayed my move-in approximately 2 weeks, and required significant extra work for my family and I to adjust insurance, utilities, and re-sign all paperwork. This has been a truly horrific experience since the initial closing. I strongly caution anyone against buying a house sold by Zillow.

Original review: May 31, 2020

Zillow's Zestimate has been changed at various times from $249,000 down to $197,000. Contacted Zillow directly being put off stating the Computer has control and finally being told I should contact a Lawyer. I checked Redfin's site and their Estimate of $249,000 has been reasonable for the Sales in my area. The house acrossed the street just sold for $400,000 with less square footage. My house hasn't been totally renovated but has had numerous upgrades and Improvements. The price I'm asking for my house is $254,900.

I just recently noticed Zillow has gone into the "Buy and Sell" Business which I think is a conflict of interest. I also read the other reviews on your site. It seems my complaint as been voiced by several others and the reviews also showed Zillow has manipulated Buys and Sales. I don't think their practices are unethical. Thank you.

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team