Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

4.0/5 (729 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: March 3, 2021

I don't like that Zillow doesn't have a search filter for open houses. Zillow also isn't as good as Redfin at telling you when a house is contingent or pending (in fact, Zillow rarely is up-to-date with this information). I do like that Zillow gives you actual price history and shows the amount of cuts/increases over time as compared to Redfin, but it's weird that the value of the house over time as a chart includes prices listed by owners, even if the list price was later changed. It's misleading.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Zillow is a wonderful source for home searching. It is easy to use. The search bar can take just simply a zipcode or even a broader search by counties. I liked that I could put in my own filters. It definitely cut down on wasted time swiping through homes that I shouldn't even be looking at. It was also extremely helpful that it provides full information on all homes. I do admit though that there were times when the description section did not match the fact section. Also the photo quality on some of the homes was lacking. There were also times when hardly or NO photos were given. A big disappointment was a lack of floor plans and room measures on all homes by brand new.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2021

I like the fact that your website shows me home in my general area. It’s good to see homes around me that are for sale and how much they are selling for. I have actually used this website to let friends of mine who are looking for a home to buy to check it out. Always a lot of information about the home and many pictures.

Original review: March 1, 2021

The best feature I like when using Zillow, is the map feature. I can search using the map and don't need to open another browser tab to check the address on a map. I am not sure if other sites have this feature, but Zillow is the first one I noticed using it, so I've stuck with them. You can also use the same map to search by zip code. Awesome feature. The notifications and saved search criteria are also a nice feature.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I check Zillow a few times a day and get regular email updates from them. I find their information fairly accurate and up to date. I like knowing how many homes are new on the market, along with their past sale prices. The feature which emails you with updates about your own real estate gaining/losing equity is very valuable to me. I appreciate their service.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Amazing and professional work done by Elena and her team. Lots to learn from her in today’s market. She was able to find a house for us based on our needs in a quickly manner. I truly recommend her at anytime if you need an agent.

Original review: July 1, 2021

I submitted an offer to Zillow on one of their homes last Friday. The offer was initially declined but when my agent asked them to counter the offer, they called back and accepted it since the house was on the market for a while. The only change they had was the Earnest money had to be submitted to the Zillow attorney and not per the original offer. My real estate agent asked them to submit the information and I would forward the Earnest money. The next day, my agent called back and asked them to submit the ACH information so we could proceed with the sale. Again, Zillow confirmed with my agent verbally and via email that the offer was accepted and I would have the information the following Monday.

In between that time and Monday morning, they accepted another offer from a buyer and sold the house that was agreed upon via email and verbally (in Georgia, a verbal agreement is valid). When confronted, Zillow's response was we had poor communication internally and 'sorry'. This is unacceptable and bad practice. My agent has reported this to her legal department and is notifying the state. If at all possible, avoid buying a Zillow home. The same thing may happen to you also.

Original review: May 31, 2021

I signed up with Zillow right after I received my license, Ryann was helping me find zip codes. Though the zip code I bought into was not an area I knew I did receive 12 calls; though the people had no money to buy. I was done. So I told Ryan I was not going to buy any more zip codes. Ryan gave my account to Amanda, who talked me into buying 77070, I signed up in May and no calls and the one person who did call had an agent, second person to call I met, he definitely was not looking for a home to buy. I asked for a refund and they declined. I asked my CC to get my refund and they said I didn't fill out the cancel my account on their form. What form, last zip code I canceled Ryan refunded it with a text. This is definitely a scam internet company who needs to be shut down and I will make sure they are. 692.00 for one month of no referrals. I am a struggling new agent; shame on them.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I am a California Licensed Broker and have compared Zillow's "Zestimates" to real world MLS comps. Zillow is typically way off. For my own house they say it's market value is approximately 50% of actual value. Their algorithms don't seem to have the ability to take into account similar properties, square footage, views, garage space, etc. On a property I manage, Zillow's "Zestimate" is approximately 20% higher than actual sales. I have submitted actual data to them twice. It's ignored. My opinion is Zillow's "Zestimates" are a joke!

Original review: May 13, 2021

I am a Combat Veteran was buying a home and the agent said to sign the contract. One hour later she says the home was sold in CASH. Not good business and being Professional at all. I really liked the home, not only that she sent in the contract late going for $ 214,500. My banker told her we will give you 221,500 and that will cover the closing cost and my maximum offer was $250,000 and still lost the home!!!

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

Zillow.com Company Information