2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Zillow.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Willers ** was attentive, punctual and honest. He helped my husband and I find the right property for us. He was easy to work with, friendly and truly cared about our needs and wants. He found answers to all of our questions, even when he had to consult on details. It was refreshing to feel like our requests for further information weren't just fluff in the wind. Because he was professional and showed genuine caring to find us the right fit for our new venture, I would definitely recommend his services, he is more like a friend trying to please his client, he listens and he went above and beyond for us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

There aren't very many good reviews regarding Zillow offers, however my husband and I had a very positive and seamless experience. We received what we felt was a fair price for our previous area and were able to move out of the state within a month! We had a more difficult time with the home builder in our new state versus the experience with Zillow. I think people feel their homes are worth far more than it's actually worth. Just my personal opinion!

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Rachel ** of Jose Medina & Associates is extremely nice, helpful and very easy to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to sell their home. Our property sold the first day listed and her team was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Any questions (there were many) were answered with kindness and taken care of immediately. I can't say enough about our most positive experience.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We recently sold our home in Cornville, AZ with the expert help and direction from our realtor, Evan **, (Berkshire Hathaway). He had a good knowledge of the location and told us stories of how he grew up nearby, playing and exploring the many Indian ruin sites, creeks and trails. With his help and direction we were able to get the house and property ready to list within a month. We listed March 11th and had 2 cash offers AND a contract by THAT Friday! The house was SOLD and escrow closed in 30 days! We can’t say enough about the care and service that Evan provided and will continue to highly recommended him at every opportunity we have!

Original review: April 23, 2019

After listing with 2 previous realtors (both being horrible experiences), we went with Kelly **. I was very weary of having another realtor list our home while we were living out of state. But Kelly was so professional and her communication was SUPERIOR. Kelly made us feel at ease and emailed, called and texted constantly keeping us updated. Kelly did sell our home and the entire process was so easy because Kelly made sure it was. If you have had a negative experience with a realtor, or if you want to avoid having a negative experience, go with Kelly **, you WILL NOT regret it. Thank you so much Kelly, we would be more than happy to be a reference at any time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

MY contract with my real estate agent is about to expire and I went on Zillow to see what they would offer. They sent my offer to my agent without notifying me! I got random text messages from zillow asking if I wanted to accept the offer and the zillow advisor I was given on my offer was HANNAH. Your Zillow Advisor Hannah is here to help. Email | Call or text **.

I texted and asked her what the status was and got no reply for 3 days. I finally decided to call in and she was the RUDEST person. She said my offer was sent to my agent, and wouldn't discuss any of the information of my offer with me without my real estate agent on the phone. I'M THE HOME SELLER. I DECIDE WHO I SELL TO. Hannah then closed my request and said my market value was 5k less than the minimum for my area on the zEstimate!! Wow!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Never finance a home through Zillow. They make purchasing a home one of the most painful experiences ever. They make you send the same paperwork over and over again apparently not reading what you send resulting in the repeated requests for the same document. Showing no one in the department has a clue as to what they are doing. They double and triple charge for services which if we did not have a lawyer to review every part of the paperwork would have went unnoticed. Finally the closing. They give a different closing date every time they speak to you. At this point we were on our 6th closing date and in true Zillow style there was another issue with paperwork and again they requested another document they have already received. So at this point my spouse and I have decided to back out of the sale resulting in the loss of the purchase of our home. So please by all means avoid dealing with Zillow for financing.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

They keep sending me alerts for townhouses and condos even though I have my setting for houses only, and they send me alerts for houses that are way above the price limit I have set. What's the point of being able to set parameters when they don't pay any attention to them! It's so annoying! Plus they don't list half the houses that Realtor.com has. We also don't like that it's set on portrait instead of landscape like realtor.com. I keep having to turn my tablet from one to the other when viewing the info page then the pics. I'm old! My hands and wrists don't work as well as they use to and it actually gets painful just to view things on Zillow! It's just plain annoying on many levels!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I looked on Zillow recently (1/3/2020) to look for deals on purchasing a single family house. I checked on different house for sale websites and most house were selling the same properties as Zillow for 30k less; Make Zillow your last option. Do your research! Look at all realty sites before purchasing; you will definitely save a lot more money. Good luck on your house hunting journey!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Two days before closing they said they were cancelling contract because they didn't like the new roof that was installed. They always wanted $8,500 to replace it. We went thru our insurance and did not have to pay their amount. They had been trying to get more money out of us. They also wanted a certificate that stated the warranty. We could only produce multiple letters stating a 5 year labor warranty. That was not enough for them.

Not sure about Zillow.com?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Real Estate Websites for you.

Zillow.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

• Best for: Zillow is best for house hunters, renters, homeowners and real estate agents.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team