Find a Real Estate Websites partner

2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

3.9/5 (729 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I was very skeptical when I reached out to Zillow and was not sure if their process would work for me. I filled out an online questionnaire and got an initial offer which seemed high. I got a call from Kyle, who was a great guy to deal with and very responsive throughout the entire process. Everyone that I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. They sent someone to do the physical inspection and and sent me a revised offer. Somehow the person who did the inspection lost about 600 sq ft of our house and hence reducing the value by $18100. Honestly I was still ok with the offer so we signed the contract. They were very understanding and flexible with closing date. We closed on time and everything went smooth and I would sell a house through Zillow again if the need arises. I did try other sites too but I found Zillow to be the easiest one to do business with. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Without Zillow we wouldn't have found our house or wouldn't have found it in time. We had told our agent to remove a certain city from our search list as we were frustrated trying to find a home. Zillow still remembered our search criteria and emailed a new listing in above mentioned city within minutes of it going live. We immediately called our Realtor, toured the house and placed a winning offer all within 6 hours of receiving the email from Zillow. We are so thankful for Zillow or else we would've never bought our dream home! It's worth mentioning Zillow's information and data WAS accurate. Forever grateful for this website.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I don't like that Zillow doesn't have a search filter for open houses. Zillow also isn't as good as Redfin at telling you when a house is contingent or pending (in fact, Zillow rarely is up-to-date with this information). I do like that Zillow gives you actual price history and shows the amount of cuts/increases over time as compared to Redfin, but it's weird that the value of the house over time as a chart includes prices listed by owners, even if the list price was later changed. It's misleading.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Zillow is a wonderful source for home searching. It is easy to use. The search bar can take just simply a zipcode or even a broader search by counties. I liked that I could put in my own filters. It definitely cut down on wasted time swiping through homes that I shouldn't even be looking at. It was also extremely helpful that it provides full information on all homes. I do admit though that there were times when the description section did not match the fact section. Also the photo quality on some of the homes was lacking. There were also times when hardly or NO photos were given. A big disappointment was a lack of floor plans and room measures on all homes by brand new.

Original review: March 1, 2021

The best feature I like when using Zillow, is the map feature. I can search using the map and don't need to open another browser tab to check the address on a map. I am not sure if other sites have this feature, but Zillow is the first one I noticed using it, so I've stuck with them. You can also use the same map to search by zip code. Awesome feature. The notifications and saved search criteria are also a nice feature.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The offer was fair, but their communication is terrible and the way they handled the closing is downright criminal. Closing was scheduled at the time the contract to purchase was signed. They don’t respond to multiple emails, calls and texts for updates over the course of several weeks prior to closing. The week before closing they reach out to schedule the final walkthrough. They schedule it 3 days before closing (because that’s where they could fit it in, keep in mind closing had been scheduled for 5 weeks at this point). They emailed us the afternoon before the walkthrough that if we aren’t completely out of the house by the walkthrough they would hold back $5000.00 the day of closing. There was no way for us with that short of notice to move up the movers. Here we are the night of closing (my husband and I signed our part of the documents at 9 am) and the deed hasn’t been recorded and we have received no money. BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Zillow's Zestimates are not even close to accurate. They offer to buy homes for way less than the value. And as I am leaving real estate I am trying to delete my professional account with no luck. I have reached out to them twice and of course no response. They overcharge agent for leads that they are selling to multiple agents. There is nothing good to say about this company.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Zillow.com rentals is so frustrating to use! Can't contact owners directly with a phone call. Most are just huge companies doing rentals and to even deal with them it's a huge pain! You're going to chase your tail a lot. Do not recommend.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

HOW ZILLOW NOW SOCKS IT TO THE HOME SELLER (without a realtor)- FSBO

From Zillow

"Moreover, earlier this year, we added new options to sort listings on Zillow. Listings are filtered into two categories: ‘Agent Listings’ and ‘Other Listings. You can easily toggle back and forth to find great homes in each category."

FROM THE HOME OWNER AS SELLER TO ZILLOW

You might pass along the, Forcing "Other Listings", now a reality, puts all FSBO home sellers at a major disadvantage. I research homes for sale all the time and missed that extra step completely, as it does for most others. By not even showing my home is for sale in the satellite roof top view, everyone thinks nothing more is for sale on my block with a realtor’s listing next door. If only the realtors know to look for the FSBO sellers grouped together, like shooting fish in a barrels, separately, and apart, then I understand why. I have zero response from my advertised open house last week, and multiple calls from agents fishing for a listing. It all looks like an intentional concept to support complaints from realtors having to find or contend with FSBO’S at the expense of the FSBO (home owner). You must now be excluded from the Open House listing and forced to hit a button tagged other listing to see your open house ad.

No one sees the FSBO ad, and this Zillow change, puts the, "home owner for sale", and the “Home to Buy Researcher”, at a tremendous disadvantage! Then, there is the always maligned Zestimate to contended with… My home is for sale at $459,900.00. New to Zillow, Zillow has made an offer to buy my home at $443,000. Yet the Zestimate from Zillow is at $426,000 ???? WHY?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

They take your money and act like things are moving along but do nothing. ZILLOW does nothing different than what we can do on our own. Shame on you guys. Zillow should not be allowed on websites. Spam and block ZILLOW!!!

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

Zillow.com Company Information