2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.52/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: July 23, 2020

I would like everyone looking for sales or rentals to speak with Silvana **. From the moment I met Silvana I knew everything would work out with an apartment rental. Silvana is so very KIND, professional, thorough always on time. She gives you all the information you need and takes the time with her research and answers all your question with grace and ease. Silvana makes a stressful situation like moving so reassuring and enjoyable. Silvana is absolutely one of the best realtors and women in this field. I just can't say enough great things about her, other than she is incredible. Thank you Silvana. Please consider her for any and all your moving or buying needs. You will definitely enjoy her company and the experience. Laura

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Two months ago I started using the Zillow website to market and lease my apartment communities. The Zillow website has far exceeded my expectations. The monthly cost of the service for advertising our companies apartments are recouped with one lease. The Zillow rep I have been using, Jon, is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and promptly answers my questions and returns my phone call.

David

Columbus, Ohio

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Willers ** was attentive, punctual and honest. He helped my husband and I find the right property for us. He was easy to work with, friendly and truly cared about our needs and wants. He found answers to all of our questions, even when he had to consult on details. It was refreshing to feel like our requests for further information weren't just fluff in the wind. Because he was professional and showed genuine caring to find us the right fit for our new venture, I would definitely recommend his services, he is more like a friend trying to please his client, he listens and he went above and beyond for us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

There aren't very many good reviews regarding Zillow offers, however my husband and I had a very positive and seamless experience. We received what we felt was a fair price for our previous area and were able to move out of the state within a month! We had a more difficult time with the home builder in our new state versus the experience with Zillow. I think people feel their homes are worth far more than it's actually worth. Just my personal opinion!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Rachel ** of Jose Medina & Associates is extremely nice, helpful and very easy to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field and I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to sell their home. Our property sold the first day listed and her team was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Any questions (there were many) were answered with kindness and taken care of immediately. I can't say enough about our most positive experience.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Zillow's "zestimate" for my property, which is worth $330,000 according to a written appraisal, is $254,000. The neighbors' property, 300 square feet less and untouched since 1984 is also $254,000. Is this because Zillow is starting to buy homes and they want to drive values down? I complained and all I hear is CRICKETS. Not even the courtesy of a reply.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I purchased a home in May of this year listed on Zillow. From word go, it was awful. Had to negotiate for all kinds of things left undone. The worst is not connecting the microwave vent hood to the outside. Closing would have been a nightmare but my agent saved the day. Zillow has no office in Houston to serve clients. You have to take a stack of about 100 sheets that you print yourself to a notary, have them notarized, scan them in and send the paper copy in to them. They will not accept a check at closing, it has to be electronic transfer. After closing, I was not given a key to the mailbox or a garage door opener. I had to purchase a closer and program. The key was obtained by going to the post office and requesting a new key which required installing a new lock. If a house is listed on Zillow run as fast as you can.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

We listed our home For Sale By Owner on Zillow. Shortly after we decided to use a realtor and he said we would need to deactivate our Zillow listing. Zillow refuses to deactivate it. The MLS photos do not appear because Zillow will not let me, the owner, delete my For Sale By Owner listing. When I try to deactivate/delete the listing a message appears that says, this listing is now on the MLS and can only be controlled by the realtor. The realtor is unable to delete the pictures that I had uploaded because they were placed by owner. The realtor has our new pictures viewable through the MLS and any other site.

After 30 days of requests Zillow still refuses to correct the situation. There is no phone number to call. There is a corporate number that directs you to a voicemail but it is VRS and goes to a full mailbox. Really? Zillow cannot afford to staff a live person or empty their voicemail to legitimately take calls? They can't correct a situation after 30 days? I am told by my realtor that in the fine print Zillow uses a persons ad even after the listing is deactivated for advertising. I just want the listing corrected. I do not have any confidence in the Zillow system, their Zestimate or any of their products.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I am so frustrated with our PAID Zillow listing. Zillow is not allowing us to edit the listing, and is showing inaccurate descriptions of our home. Moreover, there is no way to customer service. I have tried emailing, calling for weeks now with no response. I even tried deleting our posting and paying for a brand new listing, but instead they just reposted the old, inaccurate details again. I wish we could reach the same number of renters through other Great services like Avail, but unfortunately the largest pool applies through Zillow. Don’t expect any support from this horrific company.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

Will not update their site for six months now. My property is inaccurately listed with a real estate that I am not working with. I have tried for months to contact them and still no contact! My property listing is sparse and stuck with false information, and no way to contact me. Affects the listing and selling of my property greatly. This is a widely used tool to look real estate up. It is a subpar listing and has the contact information wrong. I have tried to contact Zillow via phone, customer service, complaint via their website... and nothing. Apparently and unfortunately there is another company that is also doing the same thing. It is a nightmare.

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team