Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.18/5

Zillow.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bob ** helped my family come together in a house that we all could fit in and in an amazing safe neighborhood in Sheboygan Falls! We couldn’t have asked for a better realty company handling our transition into our new home! Funniest guy ever kept my uncle and aunt laughing through the changes!

Original review: July 31, 2019

Kept me informed, worked around issues and very smooth closing. Beth and Eric are great. They were knowledgeable in all aspects of the process and referred me to the proper resources to correct any problems.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Lon ** helped me sell my mountain property this spring. He was helpful, professional, and dedicated to me as a seller every step of the way! I appreciate his knowledge and experience as a mountain property agent. I highly recommend him whether you are a buyer or seller! Thanks, Lon!

Original review: May 29, 2019

We recently sold our home in Cornville, AZ with the expert help and direction from our realtor, Evan **, (Berkshire Hathaway). He had a good knowledge of the location and told us stories of how he grew up nearby, playing and exploring the many Indian ruin sites, creeks and trails. With his help and direction we were able to get the house and property ready to list within a month. We listed March 11th and had 2 cash offers AND a contract by THAT Friday! The house was SOLD and escrow closed in 30 days! We can’t say enough about the care and service that Evan provided and will continue to highly recommended him at every opportunity we have!

Original review: April 23, 2019

After listing with 2 previous realtors (both being horrible experiences), we went with Kelly **. I was very weary of having another realtor list our home while we were living out of state. But Kelly was so professional and her communication was SUPERIOR. Kelly made us feel at ease and emailed, called and texted constantly keeping us updated. Kelly did sell our home and the entire process was so easy because Kelly made sure it was. If you have had a negative experience with a realtor, or if you want to avoid having a negative experience, go with Kelly **, you WILL NOT regret it. Thank you so much Kelly, we would be more than happy to be a reference at any time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Zillow's website offers numerous parameters to fine tune your real estate search, but they do not work. The result is that many houses for sale do not appear. Request into Zillow for assistance yielded the usual "check things on your end", in other words "we won't fix our problem, too bad for you". Strongly recommend using another site.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I have a neighbor that put my house on Zillow.com with a nasty description of... "An old worn down shack in need of paint job. Floors sag because of a morbidly obese pig walking on them all the time. Also a sewer smell because of constant vaginal infections is in the air. Otherwise a great starter home. What I Love About The Home. That I have cameras and audio in it that can see in other's homes". Now I am asking them to remove this and they are asking me for proof it's my house.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I decided to update my home information in Zillow to see the value of my home because I am planning on selling in about six- nine months. I thought I would move earlier if I had a serious buyer. Zillow has an option of make me move for sell by owner. I never agreed to be contacted by an agent. I had my phone number on the site for about three days during that time my phone was being blown up by agents calling wanting to sell my house. I removed my number that was July 2019. October 2019 I still am getting several agents a day calling to sell my home. DO NOT EVER PUT YOUR NUMBER ON THE SITE!!! I'm thinking of suing from the endless harassment.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I received an off of market value on my house 3-4 days ago. Zillow sent someone out to the house to inspect it. They found nothing wrong. Then 2 days later, Zillow called to review my final offer. First of all they said "You have kept your house in very good shape." The Zillow people found nothing wrong with the house.... at all. Then they said, even though they were still offering the full market value, they would take 12% (OR 50,000 DOLLARS) for.... what???? I asked them why. Zillow said they weren't sure when they would sell the house a month of more down the road so they were "guessing" as to how much they would need to sell the house.

Originally, my house had an offer within the first week that fell through. I'm not sure why they thought they needed the equivalent of 4 realtors to sell my house (3% times 4 people equals 12%). Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. I would NEVER suggest selling your house to Zillow offers. They're a "my way or the highway" company and do not individualize offers. They do NOT negotiate which is ridiculous and archaic at this day in time. I would never use a company that does not individualize their offers. A company whose bottom line is more important than actually working with their clients.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I listed my home on Zillow as FSBO after it was with a realtor for a couple of months. I listed it well below market value because I needed to move. Between September 30th and October 1st, they lowered the value of the house $174,000 for no reason. Nothing had changed at all. When you question their value based on the county assessor's value and a real estate appraisal, you get a form e-mail telling you about their algorithms. There is public record information that disputes their figures. There's no factual basis for this at all just so you cannot trust their estimates at all; trust the realtor's comps or an appraisal.

Zillow.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

• Best for: Zillow is best for house hunters, renters, homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs