2. Moving
  3. Real Estate Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: July 23, 2020

I would like everyone looking for sales or rentals to speak with Silvana **. From the moment I met Silvana I knew everything would work out with an apartment rental. Silvana is so very KIND, professional, thorough always on time. She gives you all the information you need and takes the time with her research and answers all your question with grace and ease. Silvana makes a stressful situation like moving so reassuring and enjoyable. Silvana is absolutely one of the best realtors and women in this field. I just can't say enough great things about her, other than she is incredible. Thank you Silvana. Please consider her for any and all your moving or buying needs. You will definitely enjoy her company and the experience. Laura

Original review: March 3, 2020

Paul ** at The Rose and Womble Agent was incredibly helpful when my husband and I suddenly looking to buy a home. Everything was explained and the process was made so easy. Would definitely recommend The magnificent real estate Agent. He worked for us way above and beyond his duty as a real estate agent.

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Cindy **, from RM Duncan, is a darn good realtor. She's very knowledgeable and patient, always willing to help. I highly recommend Cindy to anyone, who is looking to purchase a home. She is the Bomb, I really enjoyed working with her. Thanks for everything Cindy!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

What an amazing experience in selling my house. Kasey ** came prepared for our initial meeting --- with price comparisons on other houses that sold in the area. After agreeing on a fair price, Kasey listed the house. It sold the first day. Closing was within three weeks and went smoothly. I would recommend Kasey to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Two months ago I started using the Zillow website to market and lease my apartment communities. The Zillow website has far exceeded my expectations. The monthly cost of the service for advertising our companies apartments are recouped with one lease. The Zillow rep I have been using, Jon, is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and promptly answers my questions and returns my phone call.

David

Columbus, Ohio

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My condo building has 72 units and 8 are the same largest model. Zillow has the value of these larger units far below market. The condo adjacent to mine they says is valued at $557 per sq ft while my unit they have at less than $400! My unit has over the adjacent one, HVAC, over 180 degree view over water and to Mt. Rainier. It is top floor, has no posts, has ungraded cabinets, clear story windows and 10' ceilings, and much more. The comps they use (condos in neighborhood and this building) do not have these upgrades. This situation would not a bad thing but my unit is for sale and their value could seriously affect my sale price.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Okay, 4.5% in fees no problem with selling your home with Zillow ~~~ BUT, beware of the added bogus fees for things like Landscaping, when I live in an HOA community that takes immaculate care of the property? Or, that my sump pump doesn't work, yet it is a 4-year-old home with a new sump pump that I tested with 2 buckets of water myself. They had this guy come out for two hours to inspect the home, yet he stated that the sump pump was bad without asking for water from my husband so he could legitimately test the pump. So, like anyone that rebuts these bogus fees, I replied to the Zillow Group about these bogus charges. They emailed me with their reply, asking if I could prove my sump pump works, so she could remove those additional fees.

She wanted a video of me putting water into the sump pump to see if it was in working order, yet your inspector never did what you are asking me to do?? I decided not to video this process as it was requested of me because after reading reviews on Youtube and here that this is common practice to tack on these bogus charges that basically increase their cut and decrease my bottom line. Some families may be desperate to sell, but don't allow Zillow to take away from your bottom line.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I've been looking for a small acreage on a waterfront in a far away state. I find that Zillow is not well organized and not motivated to assist buyers. Zillow allows properties to be listed with very little information and/or incorrect information forcing potential buyers to contact one of Zillow's listed agents who often know little or nothing about the properties or the sellers. These agents refuse to answer any questions that I ask in my initial contact email forcing me to either ignore them and look elsewhere or talk to them on the phone.

On the phone I get sketchy answers at best (as noted, they often have never seen the property or seen a real MLS listing). These agents want to provide a Zoom or FaceTime "showing," without ever answering your question(s). If you have unlimited time to entertain these agents going through three or four "showings" every weekend, good for you. I do not have unlimited time. I want the agents to answer my questions to see if the property fits my criteria BEFORE wasting my time with the agent's hard sell "showing." It is impossible to do this.

I have given Zillow more than a dozen complaints about the horrible listings they allow. Not one has been changed. My saved searches always contain the "waterfront" criteria. About a third of the properties Zillow sends to me are not on a waterfront. I get to waste my time going to the Zillow website trying to determine if the property has this deal breaker criteria. Apparently, Zillow is in business for real estate agents but I cannot see how either Zillow or the agents to whom they cater actually make sales. Their horrible customer service is off putting at best and almost always crazy making.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Realtors pay Zillow for only 5 star reviews. There are no negative reviews allowed to be published. Fake on many positives. Do not trust this site for anything legit being said on agents. Run far away from this site.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

BEWARE and THINK ABOUT SUING Zillow!!! Their Zestimate Tool undermines and sabotages any discounts you provide to potential buyers. Your house valuation goes down with every discount/reduction. So buyers do not believe they are getting a good deal. My house valuation went down 7+% in 6 months while many of the 1000+ home in my community stayed flat. I suggest everyone who is selling their house to start collecting the valuations around you every week. If you see irregular patterns, think about suing. It is an easy case for anyone to understand and will easily side with you. Good luck!!

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team