1.12/5

480 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have spent days and days re-entering photos. The sellers who hired me to market and sell their home, have also spent many hours trying to correct the photos. All of the other major Real Estate marketing companies like Realtor.com, Movoto, Redfin, and all that specifically update photos from MLS have the current photos. Zillow says it's a Broker feed and though I've deleted and re-enter 3 times, they tell the seller it's the agent's issue. My Broker says it's Zillow that won't update.

I have spent soo much time trying to make sure that this home is correctly represented. Yet Zillow just WILL NOT RECTIFY THE SITUATION. This incredibly frustrating for me as an agent but even worse, it reflects badly on the entire industry. Please tell Zillow when the photos are incorrect and trust your agent when they tell you that they are trying to correct or change, or delete photos. Zillow, please do the right thing.

Original review: April 18, 2019

While I recognize that the Zestimate is an approximation, our exact Zestimate was 320 with a range of 304-340k. Zillow proclaims that their Zestimate feature has a median margin of error of 4%. Zillow offered 272k for my house as an initial offer without even seeing the home. The Zestimate is projecting at 332k in 12 months which is indicative of an increase in home value of 4% in a year. In addition, Zillow also features 36k in fees for selling my home to them which equates to a 13% hit on profits. This does NOT include the 6% commission that would have gone to my realtor.

Zillow is not serious about purchasing houses. Zillow is using this tool to generate leads for their home mortgage business (when I purchase a new house) and for providing leads to agents that agree to advertise with them. When I had no interest in Zillow mortgages and no interest in any of their real estate agents, Zillow came in remarkably below their own provided Zestimates. I couldn't encourage folks to avoid this product, enough. Total sham and a waste of time and energy.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I spent time writing a review of my real estate agent who helped me purchase a condo in Trump International, Las Vegas. The request was made by Zillow. After I submitted it, it went into a black hole and disappeared. It was not published. I was pretty annoyed because I wasted my time writing for such an unprofessional outfit. I am not surprised to know the company cannot get accreditation.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I had Zillow ads pulled down. At first they told me one reason and then when I satisfied their request for what they needed they told me a different reason... There needs to be some serious government oversight of this company as there is no phone number to call and no one ever responds with truthful answers timely.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Cortland North Brookhaven formerly the Exchange at North Haven complex is the worst. Renter beware. Looks like they changed the name of the complex from Exchange at North Haven because of all the bad reviews it has received. Clever. Changing the name of the complex doesn't change the fact that complex is pure trash. Noise, dirty, inadequate leasing office. VERY unprofessional.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: April 10, 2019

Zillow is terrible when it comes to estimating supposed values of homes and their information is totally false and inaccurate. They reported that our home had been sold to FNMA a few years back for only $495,000 and this has never happened. Also they only have half the story on this home and the fact that there are NO comparables since this is a totally custom home on 1.67 acres with large structures on two levels- the home on the upper level and the large 4 car garage with offices/art studio below and separated by a $70,000 built, paved road. Also fantastic views 360 degrees from the home and over 180 degrees from the structure down below. The detached garage is over 3,000 sq. ft and the home is nearly 3,700 so the reporting is totally incomplete now that I have listed it or sale and the main picture shows how improved this property is.

When I found out nasty, corrupt Bank of America is a supposed sponsor and more than likely a partner I could see the connection and how B of A would love to keep the values of people's property way down in case they have to foreclose and continue to steal property using false, fabricated, phony and even robosigned documents. The CFPB has probably close to 10,000 complaints OR MORE and they will do nothing against the likes of Zillow, Bank of America, and all their "co-conspirators" like Shellpoint Mtg., Seterus, and now Mr. Cooper which is really Nationstar and just read on the Internet about how crooked and corrupt Nationstar was and still is now operating under the new name of Mr. Cooper. They lie and pull the same tricks that Seterus did to me. Cooper is already trying to collect late fees and inspection fees that they are NOT allowed to charge unless a payment goes beyond the 17th of each and every month.

I have been charged thousands of dollars by all these crooks and continue to hang in there but certainly NO help whatsoever from anyone. I am a 75 year old Vietnam Veteran and this is more than totally unfair. Our very own government is involved with GSE taking over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac back in 2008. All this is nothing but a big Ponzi Scheme that continues to this day and lenders steal homes using fake and phony companies like MERS that the lenders even created, and using completely false, fabricated, phony, and even "robosigned documents" like they did to me. It is a real travesty to all of us Americans and Veterans that our government is a part of this and screwing millions out of their property over the last 12+ years.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I am an agent and have tried and tried to get someone anyone with customer service to delete an old old profile of mine from 10 yrs ago! I have followed all their directions from their "help" section and nothing!! They don't even follow their own directions from the site. So there sits a very old profile of mine with very outdated information of mine and the company I was with is no longer in business!! Has all outdated information on the site! I will NEVER advertise on this site again! They are the absolute worst!!! You've been warned!

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am a homeowner who became ill and fell behind in my mortgage. While working with my mortgage company, my house went into a Pre-foreclosure status. My lender was great and worked with me to get this resolved and catch up on payments. Zillow LED vultures to my door, phone ringing night and day, notes on my door, a roofer atop my home, and people walking my property. Did I mention, this went on long after I was in good stead with my lender?

One thing they all said - "I saw your house on Zillow!" I finally contacted Zillow and they have finally listed my home as "SOLD"! No one should do business with a company that does not bother to follow-up to see if a "foreclosure" is real and still in force. These people are, sloppy and they encourage vultures. No wonder real estate people have such bad reputations.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I put my house on the market with the help of my daughter who is a real estate agent. Zillow said she could not list with Zillow since she is not a member of MLS but it could be done as FSBO. She put in all the information including photos. What Zillow posted is not the description she wrote and no photos. Instead they posted a listing description from a previous listing agent when I bought the house 7 years ago. The information is old, inaccurate and incomplete plus it makes it look like we plagiarized that agent's work. The square footage is wrong which makes the asking price look unreasonable per square ft. All we get are phone calls from as much as hundreds of miles away from agents wanting to list the property. My daughter has tried twice to edit the listing with no success. She tried to delete it off the site but that does not work either. All of this can be detrimental to my selling the property. I feel trapped and deceived.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I am thinking of selling my house and the idea of not having to go through the inconvenience and stress of having home showings, open houses and the constant burden of selling was appealing to me so I contacted Zillow. I had a pleasant young man take my information and provide an offer that was below their "Zestimate" of $299K, at ~$280, then minus fees and charges. While this sounded a bit much, they then offered a "free inspection" with no obligation so they could assess the condition of the property and determine if there is a need for repairs, cleaning, painting etc.

When I had contacted Opendoor regarding this same process, they required a contingent signature so I thought, with Zillow, at least I didn't have to sign anything. As part of this upfront process, they required I submit a few pictures of my property as part of the purchase offer price. They asked for a few pictures of the floors, appliances, etc. which all seemed reasonable if they were going to provide an offer in return.

The "inspector" came out on a Sunday, was prompt and friendly. I was recovering from an illness so I did not have the energy to follow him from area to area of the house so allowed him to do his "inspection" and let me know if he had any questions. I heard one faucet turn on, he switched on my A/C and ran the garbage disposal. His remaining time here was spent taking pictures on his high resolution iPad. Interestingly he had no interest in seeing some of the areas of the home but, being that I was on some cold medication and feeling unwell, I chalked it up to they saw the home was in great condition and didn't need to document every square inch.

My home is 1,700 square feet so, as you can imagine, he took a lot of pictures of certain things, being here nearly an hour. I have had home inspections before and, a true inspection, does require things like inspecting the attic, checking the hot water (he did not run the faucet long enough for hot water to get through the pipe), hot water heater, irrigation system, drains and toilets, etc. Again, probably dense on my part but I figured they knew what they needed to validate in order to finalize my offer.

The "inspection" occurred on a Sunday afternoon and by Monday mid-morning, I had a call, from a different person at Zillow because my friendly contact I had been working with to date was "unavailable". We set a time to go over my revised offer for Tuesday morning. When the call came in, this different Zillow rep stated that he had some local real estate agent on the line that was going to talk me through my offer and he would be on mute in case I had questions for him. This woman started off by saying, "Unfortunately, Zillow does not buy homes that have aluminum wiring from the power line running to the main circuit breaker box. However, good news, I have a cash buyer that will give you a cash offer by tomorrow morning if you would like to sell. Of course, due to this costly repair of changing the wiring, our offer will be much lower."

Well, being a seasoned business person, I smelled a rat BIG time and said so. I hadn't quite put all the pieces together when I told them this but I knew something was not on the up and up. They tried to talk their way around the issue but frankly, enough of my time was wasted and so I ended our call. I immediately contacted my electrician, primarily because I was concerned I now had a fire hazard based on what they told me. He said it was not accurate and to go walk out my front door and see that every other neighbor in the neighborhood has this same wiring. He also said that if it was the East Coast, it may present more of a hazard but in the desert climate we have, it was standard (and not something he has ever heard of being redone for a home sale). I also checked these wiring facts with the home inspection association and reviewed the city code for this and found the same to be true.

Lastly, I called my power company and spoke to a representative there who also stated similar detail. I began to put the pieces together more and contacted them to find out (1) why they even bothered to invest any resources in providing an "inspection" if they did not buy homes with aluminum power feed and it is a well known fact that in my city homes built during a certain time frame all had this and (2) why was their inspector in my home for so long if he could plainly see from the street that my house, and every house for blocks in every direction has these power feeds and they don't buy these homes and (3) how does this agent have any info on my home when I did not authorize Zillow to share my information or pictures of my private residence with her.

I am certain I will get no reply but needed to illustrate to them that they are not as slick as they seem to think they are. How many people have fallen for this? As I shared my story with friends, I have found out this happens ALL THE TIME. So, after scaring the heck out of me that I might have a fire hazard, and insulting my basic intelligence with their attempted heist, I searched and found all of these 1 star reviews of varying experiences with a variety of Zillow services and see that this is indeed their standard mode of operation. After seeing some of these reviews from real estate agents and their Zillow experiences, I wonder if the agent put on the line with me was even aware of the situation when she was "referred" to me. The whole thing is so unethical and predatory. How are they able to legally get away with this?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Zestimates are not based on homes on the same street, neighborhood or building. I own three homes, one in a regular neighborhood, one in a gated community and one in a condo building. I have the same issue over and over again. My Zestimates are inaccurate.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I've put a home up for sale by owner, a 2 bedroom condo, on the Zillow site. Claiming the home, entering the description details and adding photos was all pretty straightforward. Creating the owner estimate was easy as well. The Zestimate that is generated started out at around the expected price based on comparable research. Then over a few days the Z estimate steadily decreased. When I looked at what is shown as comparable under the Z estimate I was surprised to see 90% of the comps used by Zillow are one bedroom condos. There was a condo in the same building that is identified as a 2 bedroom, but, it is not a 2 bedroom it is a 1 bedroom with a really low price. This might not be Zillow issue since the data they pulled from is incorrect. I fail to see how those listing are considered comparable, but, the Zillow/system think they are.

I have been steadily been leading the number of views on the listing compared to others in the area. Questions come in asking why the price is what it is compared to the Zestimate. I have only found a phone number as a way to contact. Seems there is no other way to contact Zillow or to get a person on the phone. The only thing that you are able to reach is voicemail. The voicemail says please leave a detailed message of what you are experiencing so that they can research it and get back to you. I've left 4 voicemails and it's been 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me. The Zestimate is so far out of whack that it's laughable. The customer support is non existent.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We are basing our experience regarding Zillow's FSBO option on two experiences; one was a little over a year ago and one is most recent. Zillow lures homeowners to list FSBO for free and the point of that is so that realtors know you are looking to sell your property, then they will call you nonstop to get you to list with them. Some even went as far as threatening us. Our homes were in great condition and our homes usually get the most attention and traffic on Zillow. The first home we listed had a Zestimate of 95K. The area was experiencing a great sellers' market and our home had over 120 saves and was constantly ranked number 1 on Zillow. Well that may seem like good news to the Seller/homeowner, but it was bad news for realtors and Zillow because it was FSBO. Zillow even erased all the saves after a couple of months.

Furthermore, realtors started low balling us, in an effort to pressure us to list. We even heard from potential buyers, who eventually reached us that they called agents (since Zillow places them at the top and puts homeowner's number at the bottom) only to be told to AVOID our property and fabricated lies as to why the Buyer should not purchase it.

Many times we told realtors who asked to list the property, why not bring a serious buyer and we will give you Buyer agent commission. Time and time again they failed to deliver!!! Instead, they tried to pressure us to list with them. Well, needless to say, we did not! That's when homes listed by Agents in the area started experiencing higher Zestimates and ours started experiencing a trend in the opposite direction. Our home was immaculate compared to the nearby listings. We inquired from Zillow why the trends in the opposite direction and they reassuring us that they do not manipulate their algorithm.

We started taking photos of the other homes and their condition and compared with our condition as they said recent sales influence the Zestimates, still we saw trends in opposite direction for our home versus those listed by agents. It appears it was Zillow's way of ensuring that our house would have a harder time selling. We did not give in and in fact sold our home for about 50K more than the Zestimate and at full asking price.

Currently, we are selling another home FSBO and the trends are no different. They have reduced our value by 20K and it continues to decrease as sales pick up and other homes down the street are valued higher because they are listed by Realtors. Zillow and its practices are unethical and from what I have read there are lawsuits regarding the Zestimate and some of the practices Zillow applies.

If you list FSBO (especially if you have a beautiful home) be prepared to get bombarded by Agents who want to list your property but will NOT bring one serious buyer to you. You have to hope that the right buyer is smart enough to pick up on everything and make you a fair offer based on the comps and what your home has to offer. Just thought to share our experience so that if you plan to list FSBO, you know what to expect.

Original review: March 29, 2019

If you are a for sale by owner. You will never get a lead or potential buyer. The leads go to agent who pay Zillow a premium. The Premium agent will pester without end until they get you to let them list your home. If you see your home with a Realtor and post on Zillow. Again, the Zillow premier agents get the leads. Zillow Estimate is a farce. Stay away and save the headache and time with Zillow.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I listed my home on Zillow, within 30 days they lowered the price of my home $9000. I called to find out how they came up with the price reduction, no response from them. I believe they attempt to low ball my property in order to make it easy for realtors to sell. For FSBO sales you never get leads, because they post agents on your site, who pay for placement then they call you with buyer. The lead should be yours, instead the realtor gets it and you have to pay the realtors. Most realtors are weak and can't sell unless property is deeply discounted, not good.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Zillow will harvest your data from the Chrome auto-fill when you fill in their web form trying to contact the owner of a 'for sale by owner' listing. This is info you didn't intend to give Zillow like your full name, current address, etc. things that you normally fill out an online shopping cart form with. What a skeevy company! After that you'll get some spammy text and calls with your full name in the header trying to hard sell you a mortgage on the property you inquired about. In my case, the call center in Tucson: Alex, **. They refused to answer my questions about how they got my info or my request to delete it, just wanted to run through their scammy sales script. Sociopaths.

Original review: March 20, 2019

We allowed Zillow to do an inspection/appraisal through their offer to buy program. They came in at a low ball offer. Their fees/commissions were outrageous. But the real clincher is that they devalued our house on their website after we declined to seek them the house. We had credible valuations from many realtors who showed our house & in the end sold for $30,000 more than their valuation. I believe they decreased our value because we didn’t buy from them, & to try to legitimize their offer. Don’t even go there!!

Original review: March 15, 2019

I am a licensed Realtor in Texas and have a valid active listing at **. When I do a Google search for **, the first site on the list is Zillow saying the property is currently not for sale, but click here for an agent to help you. The first time I clicked, I got an irate and rude agent, the next time I clicked I got nothing, the third click I got an agent that said she could not help me, that Zillow has an algorithm that she does not understand. I just keep telling my clients to not get "Zillowed". I really hope all the Realtor Boards will act to eliminate them -- or at least act responsibly. I would rate them minus 10 if it were an option. Carolyn ** RE/MAX 1st Class.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I bought this house in 2005. Why is my house even listed on Zillow website. I am not renting nor selling and whatever information these idiots have posted isn't even correct. Square footage and number of bedrooms is totally wrong. Trying to talk to one of their flunky's never happens. I've left 2 messages for them to take down my house from their website. I am giving them 2 weeks. If it's still there then I guess I contact my attorney.

Original review: March 7, 2019

If you sign up for the Premiere Agent, you will get leads for a little while. But if you don't "upgrade" every 6 mos (meaning up your monthly payment) Zillow will add you to the bottom of the barrel as far as leads go! I started at $500 in Nov 2017. Since then I went up to almost $900 a month and all of the sudden Dec 2018 - Feb of 2019 I started getting nothing but FORECLOSURES? I don't do FORECLOSURES! Then they started sending me what they call "Nurture Leads" - those are folks who won't respond to Zillow (or anyone else). The ones who DID respond said, "I already have an agent"...

The calls I used to get DAILY from Zillow leads just stopped when I complained. The assigned Sales Rep always stated, "I'm busy with other customers," ie: "You're an old customer who won't upgrade their monthly price, no time for you!" Zillow will saturate your area and you become "invisible". But Zillow's excuse is always, "Well if you pay more..." Nope, not paying a company that manipulates their PAYING CUSTOMERS!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have tried twice to leave a negative review for a realtor that sold us a house (her own residence), detailed many instances of incomplete information, etc. HOWEVER, Zillow will not allow me to post a negative review of this realtor! I wonder if same said realtor's firm is an advertiser or why they won't accept a negative review (I checked their policy against swear words, etc, and I didn't use anything that listed as forbidden).

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

If you are a real estate agent looking to grow your business then please steer clear of using Zillow.com and using their paid advertising to become a "Premiere" agent. The sales staff will sell you all day on their "ROI Calculator" and say that you need to get a minimum of 3 connections to make the proper return. This sounds great right?!? Well that return is an utter and complete garbage number because they will continue to sell out that zip code and decrease your return. It is completely false advertising, they know it and they prey upon the millions of agents who want to grow using their business.

After a few month, my "business coach" from Zillow said that the connection rate will change daily (not mentioned by the sales staff) but what they fail to mention is that IT WILL ONLY CHANGE TO A LOWER VALUE! Since signing up, my connection number only went down and further down until I landed at the rock bottom of the zip code that I was ranked highly on when I purchased into it. I thought this company had gotten better over the years but it's still the same bogus company that it always has been. They prey upon agents with a certain budget in mind almost fully knowing that they are going to disappoint them but they don't care because there are thousands of other agents for them to prey upon daily!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Zillow is operating quite a racket. Your "Zestmate" for my home is $643,967 and you came back with an offer for $482,000, a difference of 25%! Your "Zestimate" is an absolutely worthless number based upon this disparity. Then, adding insult to injury, Zillow wants to tack on fees of 10.5% to buy our home. Are you people out of your minds! I read an article in Bloomberg about how the pivot of Zillow's business plan to buy homes has led to the stock declining from a high of $65.70 to a low of $26.38. The sell off is justified. You've insulted me and showed me that the "information" you offer is smoke and mirrors. Tacking on exorbitant fees is either desperation to appease the shareholders or sheer stupidity. As for your offer...pound sand.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I listed my house with a realtor and the MLS went to Zillow where they estimated my house to be valued over 50k below my asking price. They used the same number as the placed was listed in 2007, eleven years ago when I bought it. Since then I added a large shop and many upgrades and renovations before placing the house on the market. I'm done with Zillow and asking my agent to remove my listing from their site.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We listed our home through For Sale By Owner, which Zillow scoured and posted our sale information on their site! The issue is that they divert people away from the seller to real estate agents who pay Zillow for those leads. Zillow is stealing from us! Zillow is diverting interest from our home, which then the agents don’t bring those buyers to our home, but then bring them to their homes! This is just pure deception and theft!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Zillow has listed our home without our permission or knowledge. Our house was not for sale but Zillow has it listed as removed from market and unsold. The square footage and other information on the listing is also incorrect. We have asked them to remove the listing. They refuse. Zillow said if information is incorrect we could change it. But, that isn’t the issue. The issue is that the company listed our house without our permission or knowledge. We only found out about the listing when we started getting letters and calls from realtors asking for a listing and telling us that they could get our house sold. The house that is not and has not been for sale! Our privacy doesn’t seem to me of any concern to them. We want our house removed from their listings!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Everyone looks at Zillow and the Zestimate to get a quick picture of a home's value. We are busy people and do not take the time to understand that the Zestimate might not be accurate because they make mistakes and refuse to correct them. I am in a heated battle with Zillow right now to fix the inaccurate Zestimate they have put on my house. Re Zillow: "Zillow does not offer the Zestimate as the basis of any specific real-estate-related financial transaction. Our data sources may be incomplete or incorrect; also, we have not physically inspected a specific home."

So - Why do we believe it? They should not be allowed to set what they even admit is probably wrong. Re Zillow: "The list price and Zestimate for this home are very different, so we might be missing something." We have legislation for everything under the sun. How about something to protect homeowners from this kind of misrepresentation without recourse? Zillow refuses to do anything about it because they know you want your home viewed by as many people as possible. This is simply not right.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have not listed my home with Zillow and would not do so without the assistance of a good real estate broker. Zillow's comparable properties, in many instances, are not comparable. I am surprised that their questionable selection of comparable properties has not been challenged legally as their process can negatively impact a seller and mislead a buyer. I recently looked at the comparable properties shown for my home. Although there have been 3 sales on my street that are more recent than the properties used by Zillow to determine their Zestimate, they used on the property with the lowest sale price as a comparable property.

I understand this helps Zillow build interest from buyers who are seeking a good deal, but this wastes the seller's time and, in some instances, may harm the seller by producing a lower selling price. I would not rely on Zillow for determining the pricing my home or for an accurate estimate of a prospective home. I would be reluctant to list my home on their website without the assistance of a professional broker. Zillow's questionable practice causes me to realize the value of a good real estate broker.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Please be advised that I in good faith was entertaining join the Zillow Pro Agent program at the tune $2300+ a month, I made the serious mistake of giving them credit card info, pending what I thought was the execution of a contract, WHICH I NEVER DID!!! Not so, I was called out of town the next day for some time and the next thing I know, my account was being charged $2,300+, in spite of my emphatic requests that I had not executed or agreed to the contract. This all began in May of 2018, they continued to charge my account thru July. Zillow still has over $5,000 of my money with no referrals to me. I have unsuccessfully try to get this resolved.

This dispute has caused my credit card company to stop my pay over time and increased my interest rate to 29.99. As of yesterday I was informed that if I signed up for another 6 months at the same dollar value they would return my $5,000+ sometime in the next few weeks. This is unethical business and needs to be stopped!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I've been trying to sell my home for a year and have not been able to get a fair value due to Zillow Zestimate. Currently Zillow has a 9 yr old 1700 sqft CONDO with 2 bedrooms valued at $30,000 MORE than my 3 year old 1890sqft single family HOME with 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. They are 2 blocks apart! This is just the most recent example. There are many more. How can they get away with this?

Zillow.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

• Best for: Zillow is best for house hunters, renters, homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs