1.14/5

518 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 29, 2019

We recently sold our home in Cornville, AZ with the expert help and direction from our realtor, Evan **, (Berkshire Hathaway). He had a good knowledge of the location and told us stories of how he grew up nearby, playing and exploring the many Indian ruin sites, creeks and trails. With his help and direction we were able to get the house and property ready to list within a month. We listed March 11th and had 2 cash offers AND a contract by THAT Friday! The house was SOLD and escrow closed in 30 days! We can’t say enough about the care and service that Evan provided and will continue to highly recommended him at every opportunity we have!

Original review: April 23, 2019

After listing with 2 previous realtors (both being horrible experiences), we went with Kelly **. I was very weary of having another realtor list our home while we were living out of state. But Kelly was so professional and her communication was SUPERIOR. Kelly made us feel at ease and emailed, called and texted constantly keeping us updated. Kelly did sell our home and the entire process was so easy because Kelly made sure it was. If you have had a negative experience with a realtor, or if you want to avoid having a negative experience, go with Kelly **, you WILL NOT regret it. Thank you so much Kelly, we would be more than happy to be a reference at any time.

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with our realtor Ken **. It seemed as though anytime we called to go see a house, he would drop what he was doing and help us. He was very attentive to our needs, and knowledgeable when asked questions. We have been in our new house around 4 months and look to Ken as a valued friend now.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Christopher ** made our house selling process go very smoothly and it was hassle free. He's very professional and knows his business. I would highly recommend Christopher to all of my family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I recently bought a new home. Anita ** from The Jack Woodcock Group helped me through the arduous process with flying colors. Anita was very helpful and informative and I can say the whole experience was enjoyable. I highly recommend her!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: June 23, 2019

My home was assessed by this company anywhere between $130,000 and $147,000 back the first of 2019. If our area of Florida has seen a jump in home prices, I want to know why my home fell nearly $30,000 in value. The site construction homes remained the same. Someone on this staff believes apparently that modular homes like mine built in the shelter of the indoors and then assembled onsite are nothing but trailers. Not true. The picture they have of my home is so dated, and the upgrades I have made are not even recorded. I resent this organization just sweeping in like some deity and dictating values. If I ever sold my home, NO ONE connected with Zillow would have a hand in the transaction. This organization will not listen if you try to give them corrected information either. I am just appalled that anyone in real estate would use this company as a reliable source of information.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Main issue: I have two rentals. One will be available on August 10, 2019. I updated the listing details and posted it as active. It has been declined. I have emailed my CSAA (AAA) house insurance policy references; my property tax ownership name, all utilities are paid by tenant, they are not in my name. I have listed this house as recent as Mar 2018.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I like Zillow but they need to keep up to date with their properties that are sold. I found one yesterday and it had been sold since 2017. Please work on keeping properties up to date so people don't love a property and then be told it's sold. Thanks.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Selling your home? BE CAREFUL OF ZILLOW!!! Zillow "Zestimate" of our property did not reflect nearly $60,000.00 worth of improvements - and offered no way to update or change their disinformation. Both ZILLOW AND REALTOR.COM show Zestimates which ignore tens of thousands of dollars in upgrades - buying customers might wonder why the price of the home is so much above "Zestimate". We are losing prospective home buyers right and left! (Zillow might supply Realtor.com with property information? Does Zillow own Realtor.com, too?)

Original review: June 22, 2019

I started a search for properties with 2+ acres of land in my county, regardless of type. Literally over 50% of the properties returned were apartments and condos which were fraudulently/erroneously reported as having anywhere from 10-50 acres they did not have for sale. When I checked the same listings on Realtor.com, the data appeared much more accurate. It seems like Zillow does not have any checks in place to prevent, for example, a condominium or apartment reporting 46 acres of land attached to their property. This would be such an easy fix, but I guess it's not important to Zillow like it is to other websites. I'm very disappointed with Zillow's "experience" and will not be using them to search for land/houses again.

Original review: June 22, 2019

This seller did not inform me of the many floods that they have had hence the reason the doors in the unit have been removed. And multiple issues with bad ventilation in the unit. Also, just be advised a new housing development is going up that will house newly released sexual offending males which is 1 block away and can be seen from the balcony of the unit. Please inquire with Agent, don’t be deceived as I was.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Selling home with known issues @ **. Submitted offer (on a market rate house), provided earnest, conducted inspection w certified inspector. Inspector found mold and found shotty foundation pier workmanship that he said posed an active hazard and danger. Pictures substantiated. Zillow had purchased ~ 60 days prior to flip the home so the issues were CLEARLY known to them. Kept our earnest money and still on the market looking for another sucker that forgoes the inspection. Also misstated sq ft.

Original review: June 17, 2019

When I listed my home for sale by owner, the Zestimate was $211,000--now it's $138,000. They have the wrong tax info--I don't pay $175 in taxes. I pay $3000. They are using the wrong property deed & won't correct it. I have an original deed & a quit claim deed. I have called & e-mailed 5-10 times to no avail. As a result, I have lost potential buyers daily.

Original review: June 14, 2019

For several months and several thousand dollars I spent, I was a Zillow Premier Agent. When I stopped paying for Zillow leads, Zillow stopped posting reviews submitted by my clients!? Discrimination!!

Original review: June 12, 2019

WOW! I live on a dead end little country road and the county mower's came through and cut 6 feet over in a part of my yard and cut the whole side out of one of my big cedar trees off. Well I went online to find out who to contact about it and put my road address in and talk about a shock! There is my address listed with a realtor! Not one but two! I thought what! This has to be some kind of mistake! I clicked on the link and sure enough there was a aerial photo of my home and property! The description like the square footage of my home and the acreage of my property. By the way it was wrong about the acreage. It had ITS value listed and everything which it was wrong also.

The problem is my family has owned this property for over 50 years and it has never been up for sale! At least it did list it as unavailable! Who does these PEOPLE think they are? As I looked they even had my neighbors home listed also and I know they have lived there for at least over 30 years and their property has never been for sale either. These PEOPLE have nearly my whole little neighborhood listed but unavailable anyway. I'm going to see who I can contact about this to find out what, how and why this is going on because it SHOULD be AGAINST the LAW! This is obviously a scam realtor trying to drum up them some business.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Zestimates are all over the map. My home went down by 10% one day out of no reasons. My neighbor's homes and mine are similar but the price difference can be as much as 20%. Do not use Zillow!!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Had an appointment with a representative from Zillow that was confirmed for today Monday at 1:00pm. Representative Aj stated that he texted me not called to confirm an appointment that was already confirmed. I never received his text but if he did text and I did not respond maybe I never received. I live upstate Westchester NY and drove an hour and 20 minutes to come meet him for our confirmed appointment. When I call him to let him know that I have arrived he tells me that my appointment was canceled. He was extremely rude! My husband had to call him and tell him to stop texting me. Yes my husband also took off of work to meet him. I will never deal or refer Zillow to anyone ever. Worst experience and company!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I had listed my house for sale on Sept 2017. Within the two years I had total of 3 different agents. This includes my current agent. First week of June 2019 I had submitted a request to Zillow and wrote to them to how I can get the old price history removed. I had explained to them in the same email that the history was hurting the sale of the house when potential buyers see the price changes. I received an email back the next day stating "They can duplicate the listing and get the first one removed or get it hidden". (I have all the emails going back and forth with them). I respond back to them that will work and thanked them for the feedback.

The next day I got an email back stating as to his supervisor it can not be done for they get the information from the county website which is MLS. On June 10, 2019 I happened to look into the MLS website. The only price that was showing was the current agents listed prices which started on December 2018. Why are they contradicting their answers.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Tried THREE times to List my FSBO. After spending a long time filling out all the information, I continue to get: "Error 500 Our Server is Unavailable Now, Try back in a few min." I've tried off & on for 24 hours. Seems they don't want me to post. UG.

Original review: June 8, 2019

They kept valuing my home at roughly half. It is a small farm. Do they not have a clue about the value of acreage or outbuildings? Of course when I started they did not even have the right property pictured. Three months of back and forth on the computer resulted in corrected photos and corrected bathroom count. Still can't get them to correct the bedroom count and the valuation is still ridiculously low. I had plenty of interest in the house anyway and it sold very quickly. I guess they will fix the numbers after they see closing info in July.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I saw a house for rent on Zillow, I inquired about it and gave all the information they asked for only to wait for NO response. At all! As I copied and pasted previously. I have a unique situation. I never expected anything more than a reply. That’s all I was looking for. Zillow has a long way to go on the customer service end.

Original review: May 25, 2019

Fraudulent information and they do NOT care. Zillow is using comps from other neighborhoods, with small lots by national builders and ignoring the home directly next door to mine, which supports my comp. (More than $50 sf difference). I've written and they've responded. NOPE, can't fix it. Too bad. They flat do not care.

Original review: May 24, 2019

These losers STEAL your info and use it to start a unending spam campaign for you... Because reading countless 'OFFERS' from these simpletons and their PARTNERS is what I want to do while busy looking for a home. Yeah spend 4 hours a day filtering through your now USELESS e-mail address.

Original review: May 16, 2019

After a year working with an agent listed through Zillow I am told by the agent that she will not show me four homes I requested to review. I learned this at 9:20 pm on May 19, 2019 after the agent and I discussed the viewings on both May 12th and May 14th. Suddenly, even though her company sent me the home listings via email and asked if I would like a showing, I am informed by the agent tonight that the listings are technically too far for her to drive.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Despite half a dozen inquiries from me and my real estate agent, Zillow.com still shows my currently listed home as unlisted. This is clearly an error on their end - one that my realtor assures me happens pretty frequently – yet they refuse to fix it. Good luck getting a human being to respond to you. It must be among the worst customer service experiences I’ve encountered.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I always kind of knew that Zillow assessments were crap and I just proved it. It sucks if you are really trying to refinance or sell because assessors these days look upon Zillow as a sort of bible, which is also crap because if that is true then who needs them if they can't read the market and make a fair assessment. I receive these monthly/bi-monthly emails from Zillow on the value of my house. In January 2019 they sent that my house was valued at $195,794. In March 2019 they sent an email saying my value was at $191,342. Then in April 2019, I received an email that the value of my home was $166,371 with a big green arrow saying that my home value was up. What the hell?? Algorithm fail?

I seriously hope that if you are trying to refinance or get a mortgage that you do your own homework and take it to the assessor or bank and ask them to show you the formula for how they came to their number and then you bring them your own paperwork and comps and such with your own number. It's all about the risk to a bank and if they were against risk then 2008 wouldn't have happened, right? It can't hurt to advocate for yourself. You are your own advocate. Good luck out there.

Original review: May 12, 2019

These people are a nightmare!! We aren't even listed with them. Our home is not for sale, not in pre-foreclosure, not up for auction!! Our home has been in loan modification, was approved by our first lender, sold to another lender and is in final review. We have been told by our lender that all is approved. Zillow and Auction.com will not remove the false listing!! They both tell us to have the mortgage company just call them... Per both of our lenders, "we don't call Zillow or Auciton.com". Both mortgage companies are saying this is a scam and will be initiating legal action. We are in contact with our attorney as well. This happened the first time in Feb 2019, and was removed immediately by Zillow. Now somehow they just can't remove it. This was re-posted a week ago and now they won't remove it!! Avoid Auction.com and Zillow at all cost. They listed this on their own, we never contacted them.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My home was rated at $1,819,000 just two weeks ago. Zillow lowers it appraised value daily to where it is now $1,299,000. Homes within a one mile radius have a square foot value when listing and or sell that place my place at its original value. They appear to disregard the fact that we have 3 acres, a 50' RV building, a 1,000 SF guest house plus many other positives. No HOA, no well, city water and services. As a true appraisal it is a joke and misleading. A retired AF major.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Inaccurate, where do they get the data? This description is totally wrong! The house is a single family home over 2100 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths with ocean views on a larger than 6500 square foot lot, electric gated entry, large concrete driveway, oversize garage and top of the line appliances and finishes. Visualize granite and marble counter tops, upper end cabinets with soft close doors, premium flooring and carpet, solid core interior doors and large view deck overlooking low maintenance landscaping. Great for pets and/or children, quiet area next to park. No Neighbors to the west, 150 feet off the street, Quiet and Private!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Spent the time to list my 3 properties. They never showed up, I never once got an email. I put in about 10 support tickets and they would open them, read them and close them without a response. Never once had a support agent say a single word to me. I have legitimate listings and own these. I've never seen anything like it. Don't spend the time, just avoid it.

Zillow.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

• Best for: Zillow is best for house hunters, renters, homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs