Need a home warranty?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.22/5

547 Zillow.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Bob ** helped my family come together in a house that we all could fit in and in an amazing safe neighborhood in Sheboygan Falls! We couldn’t have asked for a better realty company handling our transition into our new home! Funniest guy ever kept my uncle and aunt laughing through the changes!

Original review: June 30, 2019

Lon ** helped me sell my mountain property this spring. He was helpful, professional, and dedicated to me as a seller every step of the way! I appreciate his knowledge and experience as a mountain property agent. I highly recommend him whether you are a buyer or seller! Thanks, Lon!

Get expert buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We recently sold our home in Cornville, AZ with the expert help and direction from our realtor, Evan **, (Berkshire Hathaway). He had a good knowledge of the location and told us stories of how he grew up nearby, playing and exploring the many Indian ruin sites, creeks and trails. With his help and direction we were able to get the house and property ready to list within a month. We listed March 11th and had 2 cash offers AND a contract by THAT Friday! The house was SOLD and escrow closed in 30 days! We can’t say enough about the care and service that Evan provided and will continue to highly recommended him at every opportunity we have!

Original review: April 23, 2019

After listing with 2 previous realtors (both being horrible experiences), we went with Kelly **. I was very weary of having another realtor list our home while we were living out of state. But Kelly was so professional and her communication was SUPERIOR. Kelly made us feel at ease and emailed, called and texted constantly keeping us updated. Kelly did sell our home and the entire process was so easy because Kelly made sure it was. If you have had a negative experience with a realtor, or if you want to avoid having a negative experience, go with Kelly **, you WILL NOT regret it. Thank you so much Kelly, we would be more than happy to be a reference at any time.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

We had a wonderful experience with our realtor Ken **. It seemed as though anytime we called to go see a house, he would drop what he was doing and help us. He was very attentive to our needs, and knowledgeable when asked questions. We have been in our new house around 4 months and look to Ken as a valued friend now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

We contacted Zillow because we needed to relocate for a job and needed the chance to sell our home quickly. This is the biggest regret I have throughout the home buying/selling process. Shortly after contacting Zillow, I read reviews after the fact & immediately regretted having ever called them but I went ahead with scheduling the evaluation anyway just in case. I really wasn’t sure if they actually would decrease our home value.

We contacted a realtor as a backup and he already valued our home at Zillow’s price before any repairs were deducted. Zillow contacted us today and informed us that they couldn’t even tell us the estimate on the home because we were working w/ a realtor and that they could only speak to the broker. And also now we would have to pay Zillow & the realtors commissions if we went with Zillow’s offer. We left off telling them we would be in touch if we wanted to proceed further.

I sign onto Zillow today and they have decreased our home's value by $25,000 in one day which is a massive hit to a home trying to sell for under $200,000. I am royally upset and offended. I was very polite with them and if I wasn’t afraid of them lowballing us, which almost every review has said they do then I would’ve gladly never contacted a realtor. Thank you Zillow for screwing over a military vet/teacher family living on one income, you **. I will never trust this scammer site again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

This experience was horrible. It took almost 2 weeks for someone to respond to my online request. Everyone seems incompetent or uninterested. Not sure if they are just testing the market but after waiting about a month they said they no longer were interested in purchasing my home. They will BS you and then give silly reasons why they are no longer interested. Don’t waste your time!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Talked to a woman at Zillow on 9/12/2019. Her name is Shelby. She told me I need a CMA to determine the value of my home before Zillow can purchase it from me. I get a call from Active Realty based in Corona, CA. They perform a CMA and they value comes in at $930k. Much different from the low Zillow Zestimate. When I ask how the Zillow purchase will work, she writes me, "No, your house will not go to Zillow. We are going to list it." I ask why? She says, "Your house is too special and therefore, we must list it."

I say this is a bait and switch; just a means of getting listings for Active Realty. She gets nervous and says her broker will call me in 5 minutes. He never called. I call Zillow and speak to Shelby again on 9/13/2019. She then tells me that Zillow will only purchase a house if its value is $700k and under. She never said this yesterday. I talked to her supervisor, Scott. He got nervous and hung up on me. Stay away from this scam. Zillow is dishonest. -R **, Palm Springs, CA

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

After advertising on Zillow I soon found that their promises of real estate leads were not only misleading but false advertising. When I went to cancel a guy named Shelby who claimed to be a billing manager threatened that I continue to pay them (even though the account was month to month) or else he disable my account. He first tried to get me to stay and then when I passed he then tried blackmail. Keeping it simple Zillow has given new meaning to customer service. They deceive agents and don't deliver the leads they promise them. I would not recommend their service to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Zillow's algorithm is horrible and not accurate! Zillow just devalued my home in one day by 18 percent! This is a huge amount of money! Is the sky falling? NO! Is it World War 3? NO! Did the stock market crash? NO! The only thing that is accurate about Zillow is that they do not know what they are doing when valuing the homes in their directory! This is hurting sellers because this will allow the buyers to screw with them for a lower price! Get your SHEET together Zillow! You're really screwing up!

Zillow.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

• Best for: Zillow is best for house hunters, renters, homeowners and real estate agents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs