2.7/5 (1396 ratings)
Find a Real Estate Websites partner

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

About Zillow.com

Looking to buy or sell your home?

MyAgentFinder can help you find the right agent.

Find My Agent

Zillow.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zillow.com?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I have sent many emails to Zillow requesting pictures of the inside of my home that is no longer on the market be removed from the site. They have yet to respond and it’s been over one month. This is a complete invasion of privacy and lack of concern for the safety of my family. The complete layout is shown and made public.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

My credit is decent. My partner has an 850 credit score. No criminal history, no judgments against us. Squeaky clean. While searching rental properties this last time on Zillow I decided to use a company called Turner properties. After spending $150 on the application, I let them know I would pay 12 months in advance. Just to make sure I would get this home. 2 weeks past I didn't receive a call or an email. I asked what was going on and was told, "We are waiting until we receive all applications then choose the best possible candidate."

Right there I knew something wasn't right. The property was listed for immediate move. At that point, the property has been available for over a month? So I said I wanted to withdrawal my application and asked them to send me all proof of the paperwork processes and the background check I paid for. Turner properties sent me nothing and has not refunded me a dime. 3 days after the exchange of emails, I received a final email the property was no longer available and has been rented to someone else. So now I am disputing the charges with my bank. SCAM!!

Get buying tips about Real Estate Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I'm a licensed Real Estate agent, Zillow advertise all the properties that are listed in MLS to generate a business avoiding a real estate professionals. BUT the info is not accurate. My listing for rent is for a weekly rate in the MLS listing, but they advertise as a monthly rate. This situation made a lot of confusion in the people that is searching and for myself answering a lot of request and phone calls that will only make lost my time. It's not fair and of course NO way to contact ZILLOW to fix the problem.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

Zillow has done a great job matching me up at basically everywhere I've, ever, lived. From school housing to getting my first lease signed zillow.com has been there for me. My whole family loves zillow and we absolutely recommend this service. Thank you again Zillow Team!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Zillow a.k.a. Trulia have been unwilling to correct the location of our listing and provide potential buyers with our photos. We have had to resubmit our listing 4 times and received approval each time in 24 hours. Unfortunately, they only communicate with emails and do not correct their misleading postings for the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Using algorithms to determine values works fine in areas of little differential in home styles and location. But try to explain that in all areas that method is flawed and inaccurate you get a boilerplate response and what appears to be vindictive new Zestimates on property in question. As a result, I give Zillow no more than a 2 star review.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Complete joke. Estimate must be based upon a genie. Posted house and estimate was way low. This was for sale by owner. Agent posts it with higher price and estimate increases? WTH?Posted a review of an agent. No reply. No review made it to website. I can't believe they are still in business.

Original review: July 2, 2022

Horribly inflated home values. Nothing here is based in fact. The rental platform just runs you around in circles. Why can you seem to speak to anyone about issues Most? Most useless company in the short history of the internet.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I was told by the salesperson with Zillow that I would receive 12-13 leads per month. She said this on several occasions. Guess what didn't even come close to happening. I got about 8 a month and the majority were looking for something under $100K. I was paying $751 per month for first position in my area. My advice to all Realtors... Just don't!! This is literally the most expensive, bad decision I have ever made. Please learn from my mistakes. And what other agents say is true, too. You can't get a copy of your recorded call and no one will call you to discuss issues or discrepancies. And you better make double darn sure you call to cancel before your contract expires!!

Original review: April 25, 2022

Listed house For sale on Friday afternoon. It's Monday afternoon and still no listing. No email or note on what's happening. Lost a weekend of Zillow coverage. Listed on Craigslist same time and it was instant! I thought Zillow was a more capable company. I'm looking for competition that more on the ball.. as Zillow is leaving the door open..

Zillow.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Zillow was launched by two former Microsoft executives in 2006. It is owned by the Zillow Group and makes a profit by selling ad space on the website and through its partner with U.S. newspapers to provide real estate searches on their websites. Zillow lists all types of real estate available for sale and rent.

• Multiple search areas: Users can search for houses in select neighborhoods or areas simultaneously and exclude all homes listed outside of those areas. Site visitors can circle the area(s) they are interested in on a digital map and then apply filters to homes inside those areas.

• Zillow Digs: Zillow Digs, a portion of Zillow’s website, helps people find design and decoration inspiration. It shows pictures of both interior and exterior spaces and lists prices for materials used as well as an estimate for labor cost.

• Zillow Advice: The Zillow Advice section of the company’s website serves as a forum where individuals can ask and respond to real estate related questions. Users can sort by city or neighborhood to see discussions about problems or trends in their area.

• Sun NumberTM: Those interested in using solar energy will find Zillow’s Sun Number, which is listed on the page for each property. This number tells how well-suited the house is for installing solar panels based on the building type, climate, electricity cost and solar installation cost.

• Zestimate: Each house listed on Zillow has a Zestimate, which estimates the current market value of the house, the amount it could be rented for and whether the value is projected to increase or decrease over the following year.

Zillow.com Company Information