4.4/5 (529 ratings)

About LoanMe

LoanMe provides small, unsecured loans to businesses and individuals alike. Individuals apply for personal loans starting at $600, and small businesses can apply for business loans starting at $3,500. Its rates range from 14.9% to 159%, and it works with a variety of credit histories. The company’s application takes place online, and many borrowers are approved in minutes.

Pros

• Receive funds within 3 to 4 hours
  • Apply online in minutes
  • Small business and personal loans
  • No minimum credit score

Cons

• High APRs
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

LoanMe is an online small business and personal loan lender that offers loans from $600 to $250,000. LoanMe has a quick online application and no credit score requirements.

LoanMe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was told I was approved and the only step left was to verify my income, which I did. The rep, Paul, came back and asked me about an account for a not-for-profit board I am on. He wanted me to use that account instead. I explained it is not a personal account and it would be inappropriate for me to use. I NEVER gave him that account number and he refused to disclose how he got it. After refusing to authorize LoanMe and Paul to that account, all of a sudden I was no longer approved and no reason was provided and he refused to tell me how he even got the account number. I called and emailed and he still refused to answer. Very shady and very wrong for them to ask me for access to a not-for-profit business account.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Everyone I dealt with was a big help. I was able to complete everything in just a few hours. Perfect! Andrew ** was very helpful. He walked me through everything so I was able to complete everything on my phone.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Very thorough. Always prepared me for next steps. There were no surprises. Melanie was very friendly and professional. Received all of my documents in a timely manner. I received a welcome call almost immediately. This made me feel comfortable about my decision and I will recommend these services to friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Was very grateful for LoanMe to give me a loan for more than expected when others wouldn't. Thank you. I was able to get caught up with my bills and I will refer you to my friends. Time to pay back is awesome.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Alex was great, informative, and helpful. He called back when he said he would and basically made this a painless process. I wouldn’t have gone with LoanMe except he made it so easy and informative. He explained upfront all the steps to the process and all the costs and how things would be handled. I really appreciated it.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that Alex gave such great customer service! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I was really hesitant to apply for a loan online, but the person helping me was great. He helped me get my loan quickly, hassle free. Thanks to this company I was able to resolve a problem quickly which greatly relieved my stress.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that everything was quick and hassle free!. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

First off, I will mention that I do appreciate how quickly I was able to receive the funds, since it was an emergency. That was very helpful and the ONLY reason I’m giving the 1 star I’m giving. The customer service was AWFUL. The rep I worked with, Ethan **, was probably the rudest, most condescending representative I have ever had the displeasure of working with. He talked to me like I was incompetent, he talked over me, he rushed me and he was just rude. I didn’t like his tone or just working with him in any capacity. Ethan really ruined my day and the fact that I had to deal with him the following day, put me in another awful mood.

I work in Customer service in a call center environment, so I know how to work with people and have an expectation of customer service and if the type of service Ethan provides is a standard for this company, you are really missing the mark. If these funds weren’t a necessity and an emergency, I would’ve discontinued my request immediately. Even thinking about Ethan as I write this review is boiling my blood. Yes, it was that bad. Even the second rep I spoke with (can’t recall his name) seemed to rush the call and just had no phone skills, but I preferred him over Ethan, for sure because at least he wasn’t rude.

I hope this company takes better pride in providing its service to consumers. Service is more than just lending out money with a ridiculous APR to gouge people for all they’re worth. Service is in the way people are treated and the impression left on them after the experience. My ultimate goal is pay this loan back as soon as humanly possible so that I will never have to work with the terrible service ever again. I wouldn’t recommend LoanMe to anyone, I don’t care how desperate they are. I wish I wasn’t desperate so I wouldn’t have even put myself in this position to have to work with this company or pay back this loan. I know compensation is out of the question, but I really hope some type of resolution is made because my experience was beyond unacceptable.

Hi Lyndsey.
Thank you for taking the time to review LoanMe.
I would like to extend an apology for your experience in working with LoanMe. We strive to provide each client with an excellent lending experience, and we are actively working to improve service levels to better meet our customers needs.
I will pass this information on for further review.

Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I gave Loan Me an opportunity to see if I take a small loan to help rebuild my credit and not only did they get me approved it was done and funds wherein my account same day! I would recommend to anyone trying to build their credit and just looking for fast and way approval! Mark ** made it even easier and responded to all my calls and answers professionally! Thank you Mark and Loan me!

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am so glad that Mark and LoanMe could help with rebuilding your credit, . Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Outstanding customer service with Mr. Kerrigan **. He communicate with me through the entire process and always called be back, as promised. He explain the agreement with me very thoroughly. I will definitely recommend Loan Me to family and friends.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear Mr Kerrigan took such good care of you and we always love to hear that you will recommend us to family and friends! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My experience was great. All of the people who helped me were polite and knowledgeable, and they made sure I understood the process at every step. Special thanks to Tim ** and the other people from the Irvine office who assisted me.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with Tim and LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Have utilized LoanMe for short-term loans for about 6 months now. The initial application and funding process was slightly tedious. Recently, I was able to refinance my loan which included; receiving some additional funds, paying off my prior loan which resulted in a positive report on my credit reports for paying off the original, and the start of a new loan and payment schedule. The process for the refinance was fairly quick and easy and then once approved, the funds were deposited in my account in literally a few hours. Although the rates for the loan and the loan payment schedule are extremely costly, I know that I will be paying the loan off at the end of the year with no pre-payment penalty. The representative made it very clear how expensive the loan would cost if I don't pay it off sooner rather than later, so no hidden costs. Overall, a good experience with LoanMe so far.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was given very good treatment by Jacob **! He was very well educated about the company and process. I just wish there were loans that weren’t so much bigger especially with this interest rate! I am glad that I was able to get a new loan quickly and received my money rapidly! Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I felt vulnerable in the beginning of this process and John ** made the whole experience comfortable and safe, he was kind and compassionate, even when I had a difficult time understanding what was required of me. He did make me feel bad in needing the loan. Grateful and appreciative.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Was help out by James ** was courteous and responsive. Made the whole process easy will definitely tell anyone who is looking for this type of product. The process took less than one day, and I was blown away. I know the product is a little expensive, but this works for me and am thankful for their help.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have used Loan Me 3 times now, it is very easy and the staff are so friendly. Just always pay it back within a few months and the rates aren't bad. I'll always come back to them because they have treated me right 3 times now.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experiences working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They have not only made significant errors on my account numerous times, then tried to charge me a return fee because they issued an UNAUTHORIZED charge, steal money from people, can't speak English and cant communicate properly... Everything about this scam company is criminal. Including a 180% interest rate so the $543 I paid for my loan each month, only .27 CENTS went to the principal amount!!! I am going to take them to court if they don't figure my account out and stop ripping people off!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Excellent service. Mr ** was very helpful, courteous and efficient. He called to follow up and walk me thru the process. Will recommend LoanMe to my friends and will use it again and again. LoanMe make it easy and very helpful in difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Amazing customer service, extremely helpful, and very human. I had a lot going on just needed a little help and understanding. The representative that helped me completely understood and was very patient with me. Got immediate callbacks and all my questions answered! Will definitely recommend to all my friends and family. A+ from this customer.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I couldn't be happier with my experience getting a loan through LoanMe. It was fast, efficient and hassle-free. Everything was clearly explained and made understandable. My loan was processed in one day and the money was in my account. Excellent work! Thank you.

Original review: July 23, 2018

LoanMe was a simple, easy, no hassle process. Got my money the same day, just a few questions and I was on my way to be less dresses and making the purchase that I really needed to make by the upcoming weekend.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I had a great experience! The process was fast and easy! The Loan Officer was very professional and the process went exactly the way he said it would. I was able to get the funds same day! I will definitely use again in the future should I need money prior to payday.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Easy and fast to apply and they have an answer within minutes. Was recommended to LoanMe and I am so pleased with their service, quickness and politeness and professionalism. I know that I would keep returning to them as long as I can.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I had a very pleasant experience with LoanMe in granting a loan to assist me on short notice. I contacted them; a representative responded right away. They were courteous, professional, and honest upfront. Thank you LoanMe for your assistance.

Original review: July 20, 2018

John ** was great. He assisted me with professionalism and excellent customer service. Also the customer service rep who called me after our loan funded Had excellent customer service skills. Thank you for your help during this difficult financial time for us. We felt respected by everyone we spoke with.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I dealt with Mauricio and I have never had a loan go this smooth. Mauricio was very professional and answered all my questions I am very pleased with the service he provided me with. Thank you Loan Me you guys are great. Will be using you for all my loans.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The process was nearly immediate. Very intentional conversation with no fillers. All agents were informative, helpful, & patient. The interest rate is outrageous, so my plan is to pay off loan quickly (2 months). Two-thirds of my loan will be sent back immediately to pay mostly towards the principal. I have no one in my personal life to borrow a thousand dollars from until I stabilized my bill due dates. I literally had no gas money when I decided to apply for the loan. I recommend my loan terms solely for very strategic, knowledgeable, & disciplined borrowers that are in a majorly desperate situation. The loan terms are not to the benefit of a long-term payoff. I only agreed to loan because there is no prepayment penalty. As far as the agents are concerned, they are virtually perfect assistants with exceptional follow-up.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Very honest and upfront customer service assistance. Useful payment options to assist the customer in paying off his/her loan. Quick responsive call center with short hold times. Secure and safe to use with personal information. I would definitely recommend LoanMe to others who seek a safe and secure way to borrow money for those who need it.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I just want to say that my agent Matthew was very helpful with the loan application process. He kept me informed on the status of my application and thoroughly explained and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend LoanMe to my friends and family. The application process was quick, especially at a time when it was most needed. Gave me a little breathing room and less worry. Thank you so much LoanMe.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was very satisfied by Loan Me. They were quick in the loan process and I got the best deal possible to consolidate my debts. The loan officer was very kind and understood my needs. I will deal with them again and would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The Representative helped me qualify for instant approval without fail. The process was quick and simple and he made it sound like it was super easy and not as difficult as I can imagine. When the agent read the disclosure at the end, he had given me a heads up that the outstanding balance of the loan I was taking out was substantially going to be higher than usual to not panic and just quickly pay off the loan as soon as possible. Very good and well supported agent. Thank you.

LoanMe Company Information