4.4/5 (527 ratings)

About LoanMe

LoanMe provides small, unsecured loans to businesses and individuals alike. Individuals apply for personal loans starting at $600, and small businesses can apply for business loans starting at $3,500. Its rates range from 14.9% to 159%, and it works with a variety of credit histories. The company’s application takes place online, and many borrowers are approved in minutes.

Pros

• Receive funds within 3 to 4 hours
  • Apply online in minutes
  • Small business and personal loans
  • No minimum credit score

Cons

• High APRs
  • Limited availability

Bottom Line

LoanMe is an online small business and personal loan lender that offers loans from $600 to $250,000. LoanMe has a quick online application and no credit score requirements.

LoanMe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Received an offer letter for a loan from 2600 to 100,000 as low as 9.9% APR. Applied online, they offered me a 2600 loan at 47 monthly payments of $297. That totals OVER $13,000 for a $2,600 loan!!!! Do you take people for fools? That's about 3000% APR. BEYOND PREDATORY. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!! They will rip you off.

LoanMe response

Hi Todd, we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Loan terms vary by customer and are determined by multiple factors. LoanMe fully discloses all interest and fees associated with your loan prior to signing the loan agreement.

Our Loan Agents always stress the importance of paying off the loan early to save on the interest. Your comments will be heard to assist us in maintaining the high standard we strive to achieve with every customer. If you’d like to address any concerns directly, you can contact our Customer Support Specialist at feedback@loanme.com.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Do not use this company ever. I took out a 2600 loan with them. They will then give you 2525 and keep 75 for origination. I have paid them 1600 and as of to date I owe them 3300 on a 2525 loan after paying them 1600. This is ridiculous. This is a beyond predatory loan. If you cannot pay it all back within a month do not go to them. They never send bills or statements or anything. Do no use. Predatory!!!

Good morning N. Kaylor,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. You are correct that there is an origination fee associated with our loans. Upon consummation of your loan, you were provided with a loan payment schedule which informs you of your required monthly payment amounts. Additionally, you have the ability to log into your LoanMe account to view the details of your loan and make payments. We always encourage our customers to pay off their loans as quickly as possible to pay the least amount of interest.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Application, approval, money transfer all seamless. I have now been paying on this loan for 4 years and have only paid it down by $5500 at $340/mo with an extra $110/mo to be applied straight to principal. At least that is how it is supposed to work. If I plug my loan terms into an amortization calendar, it should be that as the loan amount goes down, more of my payment is applied towards principal and less toward interest. Add to that, the additional payment I am making every month, and my principal should be dropping much more quickly. When I look at their amortization schedule sometimes my principal is 50% of my payment and sometimes it's 30 or 40%. I don't understand it. When you call and ask for information they give you the run-around. I am stuck with this loan for now because I don't have any other options at the moment. As soon as humanly possible however, I will be paying this off. Caveat Emptor.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

LoanMe helped me when I needed money. They are fast. I got 3100. That's the loan amount. And they are charging approx 11$ every day. I will never recommend this. So to those who will loan money from LoanMe should be ready to be ripped off. Like after paying 5 times already at 351 a month my balance is still 3092. Dont loan from this company.

Hi Anna,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and apologize if your experience was less than favorable. Loan terms vary by customer and are determined by multiple factors. However, our agents always stress the importance of paying off the loan early to avoid paying the high interest. Your comments will be heard to assist us in maintaining the high standard we strive to achieve with every customer. If you’d like to address any concerns direct, you can contact our Customer Support Specialist at feedback@loanme.com

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

BEWARE of LOANME!! I needed a $2700 personal loan asap and came to LoanMe as a last resort. My transaction with them went smooth and the agent that helped me out was pretty awesome. We basically calculated how much interest would be per day. In my case $11 A DAY!!! I paid it off within 1 week. DO NOT TAKE OUT A LOAN from LoanMe unless you can pay it back within 2 weeks max. SHARK LOAN!!!!

LoanMe response

Thank you for taking the time to post your review as well as your comments regarding the terms of your loan. We always encourage our customers to pay off their loans as quickly as possible to pay the least amount of interest.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I wish I never worked with this company called LoanMe. They are a horrible company. I received a loan from them and was paying them back. I ran into some financial issues so they assigned my account over this is 3rd party company. I started receiving harassing calls from them. There was this one person by the name of Nikki * who left the need to reach out to everyone that I knew and informed them that they were looking for me so that they can arrest me. WHAT THE HELL!! Why wouldn't they just reach out to me and speak with me. Why do they feel the need to reach out to everyone that I know to let them know something like that. If you find yourself in a bind PLEASE DO NOT REACH OUT TO THESE PEOPLE, THEY WILL ** YOU OVER!

LoanMe response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations. We strive to achieve high standards with every customer. Your comments will be heard to maintain the high standards.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I originally took out a loan for less than $6,000. I unfortunately defaulted on the loan due to medical reasons. Even though I tried to explain my situation and continued to make partial payments. Now my account has been turned over to a collection agency and the amount owing is $21,085! They stated that the loan is still accusing interest. DO NOT BORROW FROM HERE!!!

LoanMe response

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations. We are actively working to improve service levels to better meet our customer's needs. We strive to provide the high standards of service for every customer.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I like LoanMe because the processing is fast and the staff are polite, friendly, and respectful and very patient especially Jon ** who helped me with my loan. I would recommend loan me to my friends who needed money so badly and get it right on time.

LoanMe response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is wonderful to hear that Jon was able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

If you want emergency cash, LoanMe is the answer. Their loan processing is simply amazing, fast and simple. Once approved your money will be deposited to your account in no time. LoanMe you are the best, that is why I keep coming back to you. Thank you for your help.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for being a repeat customer!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

You guys are very efficient and the whole process was stress free. The fact that everything can be done online is what I love most. I will definitely recommend a friend. I was financially trapped and you bailed me out.

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such a pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have an almost perfect payment record except for some very old payments about to drop off of my credit report. LoanMe seemed to take a deeper look at my situation and worked out a loan I'm able to use as a bridge to paying off some very high interest debt from Rise Credit (just say no to them). My LoanMe representative was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient.

LoanMe response

Thanks for the awesome review, Donald! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

This company keeps calling me looking for a John **. I have told them repeatedly since 2010 that, "He cannot be reached at this number. I do not know who he is. I do not know where he lives. I cannot help you." He obviously lied and gave a number he no longer uses or he gave up the number due to them calling and asking for the money he owes. Told them to remove my number from their list, again! I would like to give a -5 star review but had to pick for one of the above so I choose 1 star = -5 star review.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Loan placed 2+ years ago... Repayment was forthcoming. Not soon enough to their liking. LoanMe filed a judgment unknown to me. Never received a court appearance date!! Only a judgment in their favor!!! I’ve had a garnishment over 2 years in which they’ve been paid in full & they refuse to terminate/release me from the withholding!! I’ve reached out to them verbally & in writing & they will not budge yet they claim that a balance is still due, I can clear it with them, they’ll notify the sheriff's department & in turn they’ll notify my employer of the release!!! REALLY??? I DO NOT OWE YOU ANY MORE MONEY! My advice to anyone considering these loan sharks for a short term loan, AVOID THIS COMPANY & METHOD AT ALL COSTS!!! It’s not worth the headache, exorbitant interest rates & fees, nor the insurmountable repayment!!!

LoanMe response

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I was going through a rough time. I decided to take out the loan. I was doing good until I couldn’t keep up with the payment. I told them my situation and they told me we would basically refinance the loan where I wouldn’t pay any interest. My mistake was that I didn’t ask anything in writing trusting them in their word. Time passed and I was waiting on the tax money to pay. When I call to tell them I was going to pay they told me my account was with another company. I called the company and they told them I had to pay them 5000 because I didn’t pay anything to LoanMe which is false because I did pay money to LoanMe. When trying to contact LoanMe they claim they didn’t know that company. They're such a mess as a company. Seriously don’t know why they're letting them rip off people. Companies like this shouldn’t exist.

LoanMe response

“Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and your comments will be heard to assist us in maintaining the high standard we strive to achieve with every customer.”

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Great customer service. Peter respond to all my questions. He make me feel very comfortable. The only thing is interest is really high and I will like to see more consideration to customers in time of need. Thank you.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Peter was so helpful. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am very happy with the quality of service that I received from LoanMe! Their Representative, John **, was very helpful, courteous and above all, professional! I highly recommend LoanMe to anyone looking for a way to remedy any financial emergency or concern. Thank you John **! You're the best!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Alex, was very helpful and informed me of all the loan and gave me time to decide with no pressure. He understood my need and the service was fast and meet all my needs. Alex, responded to all of my questions and responded fast.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Alex was so helpful. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I applied for a loan but they wouldn't approve me for the $5000 I needed, but for a "minimum" only of $7600, but $2508 is origination documentation fee. When she, Holly, went over the terms I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I thought it was because of the terrible non-English speaking, so I emailed and it turned out to be right. 89.90% for 84 MONTHS. I asked if they was high off crazy, that's more than a house. SCAM. SHAM. They need to be shut down. I then heard their ads on the radio stating rates starting as low as 8%. Really?

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. You are correct that there is an origination fee associated with our loans. Consumers are comfortable with varying interest rates depending on their personal situation and interest rates are determined by multiple factors. Thank you for reviewing LoanMe.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was struggling to pay some credit cards and call to LoanMe to apply for a personal loan, the amount of the loan was $3100, but the interest rate that were giving me it was 120%, with monthly payments of $320 per month, in such a way that the $3100 original loan, was going to pay the end $12,000. Please avoid this fraudulent company to apply for loans, seek alternatives.

LoanMe response

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Loan Me was so quick with a loan approval and with the transfer of funds. Everyone I spoke with were so professional and caring. The interest rate is very competitive and fair, so much better than any other lender I spoke with. I highly recommend their services!

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

They don’t tell you once you pay $2.40 goes towards principal and 400 toward the interest. Don’t ever use. You will never pay off!! I would give them zero stars but it won’t let me. Don’t use. Don’t use!!! Thank nice you. You tell them to take the money back and they take $75 for nothing!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

With LoanMe you can almost do everything online, making the process much more expedite and at your pace. Very fast deposit time. My loan has a very high interest rate, but at least they let you know couple of times how much you would be paying.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that we could provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Micah ** rep made this process effortless and quite pleasant. I was declined by another lender and called LoanMe and from the get go the service was impeccable. I got approved quickly and recieved my loan same day! Micah made sure I was taken care of and made several callbacks throughout the process. He is truly a star and got me the help I needed desperately.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Micah was helpful and and took great care of you! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The service given to me by Melanie was great! She helped tremendously and was able to have me processed quickly. The money transfer was seamless and was a great help. I would definitely recommend a friend. Thank you. Awesome experience. LoanMe has help amazingly.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Melanie was able to help and make things seamless. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Kerrigan was pleasant and professional and made the whole process transparent, simple, fast and efficient. I had my money within 48 hours. I was extremely satisfied with the process. I have used LoanMe before and I will use them again.

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. we love our repeat customers! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I just want to say thank you for providing such great customer service. My rep., Micah,was very accommodating to my situation which allowed me to receive my funds promptly. I would definitely refer anyone in need of a loan to this company. I truly appreciate you.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that you are very satisfied with your lending experience!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Trang was awesome, she was very helpful, got my loan processed within a few hrs. She answered all my questions. Needed the money in a hurry and she made it happen. I have horrible credit, and I’m working on it, but this loan helped me a great deal by putting my family in a way better position. Thanks LoanMe.

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review LoanMe! We always love to hear that our business reps like Trang are doing such a good job!! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I am very thanks LoanMe, and I will highly recommend to all my friends. I think as long as any person qualify enough, they can get fair loan quickly. LoanMe is the right company. In here I hope I have a chance to thank Loan Agent Cynthia **, because her experience and let me follow her steps.

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to review LoanMe! We always love to hear that you will recommend us to your friends! Thanks again for your business!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I was told I was approved and the only step left was to verify my income, which I did. The rep, Paul, came back and asked me about an account for a not-for-profit board I am on. He wanted me to use that account instead. I explained it is not a personal account and it would be inappropriate for me to use. I NEVER gave him that account number and he refused to disclose how he got it. After refusing to authorize LoanMe and Paul to that account, all of a sudden I was no longer approved and no reason was provided and he refused to tell me how he even got the account number. I called and emailed and he still refused to answer. Very shady and very wrong for them to ask me for access to a not-for-profit business account.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Everyone I dealt with was a big help. I was able to complete everything in just a few hours. Perfect! Andrew ** was very helpful. He walked me through everything so I was able to complete everything on my phone.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! I am glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

LoanMe Company Information