4.48/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2013, LoanMe authorizes personal loans from $2,600 to $100,000. The process is fast and easy and it's even possible to have money deposited into your checking account in as fast as 3-4 hours! With fixed monthly payments and no pre-payment penalties, LoanMe is your go-to personal lender for whatever life throws at you.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

514 LoanMe Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

This company keeps calling me looking for a John **. I have told them repeatedly since 2010 that, "He cannot be reached at this number. I do not know who he is. I do not know where he lives. I cannot help you." He obviously lied and gave a number he no longer uses or he gave up the number due to them calling and asking for the money he owes. Told them to remove my number from their list, again! I would like to give a -5 star review but had to pick for one of the above so I choose 1 star = -5 star review.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Loan placed 2+ years ago... Repayment was forthcoming. Not soon enough to their liking. LoanMe filed a judgment unknown to me. Never received a court appearance date!! Only a judgment in their favor!!! I’ve had a garnishment over 2 years in which they’ve been paid in full & they refuse to terminate/release me from the withholding!! I’ve reached out to them verbally & in writing & they will not budge yet they claim that a balance is still due, I can clear it with them, they’ll notify the sheriff's department & in turn they’ll notify my employer of the release!!! REALLY??? I DO NOT OWE YOU ANY MORE MONEY! My advice to anyone considering these loan sharks for a short term loan, AVOID THIS COMPANY & METHOD AT ALL COSTS!!! It’s not worth the headache, exorbitant interest rates & fees, nor the insurmountable repayment!!!

LoanMe response

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I was going through a rough time. I decided to take out the loan. I was doing good until I couldn’t keep up with the payment. I told them my situation and they told me we would basically refinance the loan where I wouldn’t pay any interest. My mistake was that I didn’t ask anything in writing trusting them in their word. Time passed and I was waiting on the tax money to pay. When I call to tell them I was going to pay they told me my account was with another company. I called the company and they told them I had to pay them 5000 because I didn’t pay anything to LoanMe which is false because I did pay money to LoanMe. When trying to contact LoanMe they claim they didn’t know that company. They're such a mess as a company. Seriously don’t know why they're letting them rip off people. Companies like this shouldn’t exist.

LoanMe response

“Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations. We set a high standard for ourselves and your comments will be heard to assist us in maintaining the high standard we strive to achieve with every customer.”

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Great customer service. Peter respond to all my questions. He make me feel very comfortable. The only thing is interest is really high and I will like to see more consideration to customers in time of need. Thank you.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Peter was so helpful. Thanks for your business!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I am very happy with the quality of service that I received from LoanMe! Their Representative, John **, was very helpful, courteous and above all, professional! I highly recommend LoanMe to anyone looking for a way to remedy any financial emergency or concern. Thank you John **! You're the best!

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such a pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. Thanks for your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LoanMe?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I applied for a loan but they wouldn't approve me for the $5000 I needed, but for a "minimum" only of $7600, but $2508 is origination documentation fee. When she, Holly, went over the terms I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I thought it was because of the terrible non-English speaking, so I emailed and it turned out to be right. 89.90% for 84 MONTHS. I asked if they was high off crazy, that's more than a house. SCAM. SHAM. They need to be shut down. I then heard their ads on the radio stating rates starting as low as 8%. Really?

LoanMe response

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. You are correct that there is an origination fee associated with our loans. Consumers are comfortable with varying interest rates depending on their personal situation and interest rates are determined by multiple factors. Thank you for reviewing LoanMe.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I was struggling to pay some credit cards and call to LoanMe to apply for a personal loan, the amount of the loan was $3100, but the interest rate that were giving me it was 120%, with monthly payments of $320 per month, in such a way that the $3100 original loan, was going to pay the end $12,000. Please avoid this fraudulent company to apply for loans, seek alternatives.

LoanMe response

Thank you for taking the time to post your review as well as your comments regarding the terms of your loan. We always encourage our customers to pay off their loans as quickly as possible to pay the least amount of interest.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

They don’t tell you once you pay $2.40 goes towards principal and 400 toward the interest. Don’t ever use. You will never pay off!! I would give them zero stars but it won’t let me. Don’t use. Don’t use!!! Thank nice you. You tell them to take the money back and they take $75 for nothing!!

LoanMe response

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Micah ** rep made this process effortless and quite pleasant. I was declined by another lender and called LoanMe and from the get go the service was impeccable. I got approved quickly and recieved my loan same day! Micah made sure I was taken care of and made several callbacks throughout the process. He is truly a star and got me the help I needed desperately.

LoanMe response

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that Micah was helpful and and took great care of you! Thanks for your business!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Kerrigan was pleasant and professional and made the whole process transparent, simple, fast and efficient. I had my money within 48 hours. I was extremely satisfied with the process. I have used LoanMe before and I will use them again.

LoanMe response

We are glad to hear that you have had such pleasant lending experience working with LoanMe. we love our repeat customers! Thanks for your business!

LoanMe Company Information