4.9(1,383)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer
  • 24-hour risk-free purchase guarantee
Cons
  • Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Stars Rating

• 96%
  • 3%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Reviewed Jan. 29, 2016

Informative, non-pressure and courteous agent. Details and shipment were as presented. Overall, very satisfied and will strongly consider Lear Capital for future purchases of precious metals.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

I'm extremely pleased with the manner of professionalism by my Acct Rep, Derek ** and Lear Capital in general. I appreciate that they delivered all that was promised and their fast and courteous service. My Order was accurate and delivered promptly. The Follow up by my Acct Rep has been refreshing and professional. I have no complaints and have recommended them to my friends and family. I will definitely be doing business with them in the future.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

Calvin has been a world class representative for Lear. I would not deal with anyone else. Top Drawer!

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

A quick note to say thanks to Tom ** for his assistance with my most recent precious metal purchase. As usual when dealing with Tom, everything was handled correctly and professionally. It was again a pleasure Thomas.

Reviewed Jan. 28, 2016

My account executive, Jody **, is very professional and informative. I received my shipment in timely manner. Although, the coins were scuffed and scratched.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

I am very impressed with Lear Capital and am very satisfied with the completed transaction.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

Have been a client for over 15 years and have always been treated professionally and efficiently. Ease of purchase and privacy always protected.

Transparency

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2016

I have placed 3 orders for silver from Lear and have been very pleased with the way the company handled my orders. If there was any kind of advance problem getting the silver, it was explained in detail before I placed the order. I received confirmations when the order was placed and when it was shipped. I would definitely do business with Lear in the future.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016

I have a 401k and I wanted to invest in gold or silver. I heard of Lear Capital on the internet. I asked for a package and read through it and decided I was going to take out $10,000 to invest. I filled out an application. I was contacted by Coe and he walked me through the application and was picked up by Federal Express. He let me know he got the forms and gave them to Gina in the IRA dept. It took about 6 days to get the account opened. I am very happy with Coe and Gina how they kept in touch until all was ok. Then I called Coe and he recommended what I should do which was to go with silver at this time and later get into gold which I will. They were very professional and they made the experience excellent. I never had any issues. Thank you very much.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016

I recently purchased some Silver Snow Falcon coins from Lear Capital. Ms. Jody **, Senior Account Executive, was the agent that assisted me with my purchase. From initial phone call to delivery took less than three weeks. The coins were packed tightly in tubes so that they would not rattle -- a safeguard against damage and revealing what was being shipped. The tubes themselves were packed in a sturdy container and this container was shipped in a nondescript brown box, which also is a shipping safeguard against theft. Ms. ** kept me apprised of the progress of my purchase, from check receipt to estimated date of delivery, with timely phone calls. This is the third time I've purchased metals from Lear, and I have been very satisfied with the service on each occasion.

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2016

Lear Cap. is typically very easy to deal with, but this time was different. First, after placing my order, I called back with an issue, and left a message. When no one called back after a couple of days, I had to leave another... still no return, so I called back again. Very disappointing. Then, when I received my order, the coins were not what I had ordered. Instead of the Indian head silver rounds, they were something completely different (still 1 oz. silver rounds, but not what I ordered). After checking the website, I spotted the disclaimer which stated "Coin shown may not be the same as..." So it's partly my fault, but still makes me apprehensive to order from Lear again.

Insufficient response received

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2016

The coins were beautiful. I wish it had not taken as long to receive them.

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2016

Received coin order as expected.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016

Lear Account Representatives kept me informed of progress in the transaction and the coins arrived in good order, 300 + 6.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2016

Cal, as always, is very informative and helpful and he facilitated a very pleasant transaction.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2016

I never expected this experience would be so easy and enjoyable. I feel I have made a lifelong friend. Thank you for treating me as a brother, not as a number or a bottom line. Service like yours is a rare and pleasant find. I will be happy to refer other friends to you in the future. Keep up the great work! And thank you!

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2016

I've been buying gold and silver coins from Dino for a long time and can't imagine buying from anybody else. He knows so much about coins and what's going on with the markets. And very helpful with making the right choice on buying coins. Lear I think is a great company.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2016

I have been dealing Bryan ** for last few years. Bryan has always answered my questions clearly. I used to invest in the stock market, but since retirement, I have moved what little we can afford to Silver. I may look into a small purchase of Gold given the current market per your report today.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2016

Jody was EXCELLENT. Knew the history and products very well and was very patient as I made my decision. I could not have been happier and would recommend Jody and Lear to family and friends.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2016

Contacted Lear Capital about an 401 that I wanted to roll over to an IRA. Been looking at investing in silver coins. I contacted Lear and was put in touch with Cal **, who helped me along with the other fine folks at Lear. I am so happy to have my Silver Coins. What a wonderful experience.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2016

None received prior to shipment. (I called to request same)

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2016

My experience with Lear capital has been simply fantastic! Hats off to Shawn ** & Jody **! I'm still trying to get my coworkers at Siemens Energy in Charlotte N.C. on board before it's too late. By the way, the markets are looking today alone. AAA+++ AAA+++ THANKS!

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2016

I ordered some falcons and some bars from Cal **. He's the best and very helpful. I will buy from Lear every time.

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2016

I spoke with Alex ** on 12/28/15 and got some numbers for coins that I was interested in. Several times during the conversation Alex confirmed to me that I would receive $500 in silver Snow Falcon coins. At no time did he say anything about having to order 50 Snow Falcons to qualify for one extra. At the end of the conversation, I once again confirmed that the order we had discussed would include $500 in free Snow Falcons. The next day, when I called back, Alex was not there. The person I talked with the next day informed me that no such offer was available and would not be included with my order. aI assume that you can review the recorded conversation to confirm my conversation. Needless to say, I was greatly disappointed.

Reviewed Jan. 15, 2016

We have gone through three transactions of purchasing gold and silver coins with Mike ** and have been treated in a professional and friendly manner each time. Mike closely and carefully guided us through the purchases, and at no time did we ever feel that we were left wondering what we were to do next. It truly was a pleasure working with him. We would recommend Lear to others without any hesitation!

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2016

Gary ** was very polite and accommodating to my questions. It is very comforting to do business with Gary after my experience with Merit Financial. Merit Financial gives a bad reputation to all coin dealers. I just hope I can recover some of the losses I incurred with Merit.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2016

Purchased Silver Dec 2015 for my self directed IRA. Still awaiting for it to show up on my account. Pending for several weeks now. Seems to me taking too long. First time buyer. That is why rating little low.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2016

The entire process was very efficient... Thanks!!!

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2016

Denise ** was our CS rep. and seemed to be very knowledgable and helpful - I pray she is right. She was very personable and pleasant and presented herself as one who has had years of experience and has herself made a lot of money through the years with her investments in gold and silver. We enjoyed doing business with her.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2016

I wish everyone that I have to deal with was as on the ball as Sean. My experience could not have been better!

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2016

I've had several good transactions with the above referenced co. They are always professional, always have straight no-nonsense answers if I have any questions... I look forward to dealing with them again. I have not always had the same opinion with other companies and their transactions...

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2016

I called in to buy gold but since the amount was minimal, I was advised to buy silver. I was sent an email with information on sending in the funds. I was well informed as to the possible time needed to realize an increase. I was informed as to what day the FedEx was delivering the package, so was home to receive and sign for it. Everything went as planned and I feel satisfied with the purchase. Thank you for the excellent customer service.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2016

Nothing much to say, except it was very easy to place my order, and when payment was received, the coins were shipped in a very secure manner.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2016

I just recently made my first purchase with Lear Capital. They handled my account with the utmost of professionalism. Everything was done exactly as they told me it would. I then referred my parents to them. Again, they (my parents) have been extremely pleased as well.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2016

I want to congratulate Lear Capital on their professional and customer-centered service. Special thanks to Alex ** who managed my rollover from a 403B account to an IRA. He was there every step of the way and gave me guidance when I needed it. He also expediently answered all my questions along the way. Very impressive Lear! Thanks for everything.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2016

Great Experience. Look forward to future business.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2016

Brad has always quickly executed any transaction I have requested and I am completely satisfied with his help with my account.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2016

I love to hear from Pierre! He is always so nice, even when I am not always able to purchase coins. I especially like his new design of the Snow Falcon. I'm always interested in any new designs coming out.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2016

Lear Capital sounded like a reputable company. My representative there has been really sweet and nice and I've had a very pleasant experience so far. They've always done what they said they were going to do, and I appreciate that. I bought about $27,000 worth of 50-cent pieces that were thin or not in very good condition, which if I had to do over again I might go a different route. My brother, who was with Monex, was trying to give me advice on silver, and I'm not sure if I did the smart thing with going with Lear. I'm looking for the price of silver to go up, but it's pretty slow. I called the rep back and she says, "Well, take out the ones you don't want and mail them back to us and we'll send you some '64 Kennedys." So, I did that and everything went fine. I like working with the precious metals, but that took a pretty good chunk to start with. The silver content is the route that I've been going, not the coins.

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2016

I was easily walked through the entire transfer process by Robert ** and Gina **. They were extremely helpful and always in contact with me during and after the process. The only thing that was a bit concerning on how long it takes for the precious metals to be delivered to the safe house and updated on the SDIRA site for analysis by me. However I am pleased overall with the customer service provided me.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2016

From my first contact with Lear Capital I was treated with utmost respect & courtesy. The order process was easy & handled in a timely, as well as professional manner. As soon as my payment was received by Lear, my order was promptly sent out to me, & the delivery was right on time. My privacy was protected at all times. I will order from Lear again & will refer friends and family.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2016

I am very pleased and happy to deal with your company recently when I made a purchase of precious metal. Especially your representative, Mr. James **, is excellent, courteous and very cooperative in starting, executing and concluding the purchase. Hope to have more opportunities to buy precious metal from you soon. Sure, if I get a chance, I will recommend your company.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2016

I recently purchased some silver coins from your company and my rep, Cal **, did an excellent job of processing my order and getting my merchandise to me expeditiously. I have purchased from your company twice now and I have been very pleased both times. I plan on purchasing some gold in the very near future.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2016

As always when I have dealings with Lear, I have learned so much. I am appreciative of Jacob and Benjamin's unfailing courtesy and helpfulness. The shipments went off well, even during the Christmas rush.

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2016

Jody was accurate, thorough, expedient, and helpful every step of the way.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2016

Everything went fine. I was very satisfied.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2016

I converted one of my 401k roll overs to Lear Capital! It was simple, quick and Lear bought my Silver at the right time!

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2016

My broker was very professional and very helpful to me making the decision to purchase metals. Thank you.

Reviewed Jan. 1, 2016

This was an easy purchase, and the product I received was of exquisite quality; I couldn't be more pleased. I look forward to doing considerably more business with Lear Capital, and will recommend them to friends who are looking for alternative means to augment their investment, as I am.

Reviewed Dec. 31, 2015

1.5 oz snow falcons... Silver coins. I buy every year for my grandchildren. Even though I am a small buyer of silver, I get the same great service. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2015

Jody has, since your Pinnacle takeover, been a source of reassurance, and has helped me understand and acquire silver and gold. I consider her a friend, and someone aware of the true disposition of our nation.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2015

Initial shipment arrival date was 28 Dec 15. Still have not received and no update on delivery time.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2015

Having purchased several thousand dollars of silver coins on more than one occasion, I have been happy with the interaction with your staff at all times.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2015

I want to thank Jody ** and Lear capital for helping me through the transfer process from a standard IRA to a gold and precious metal IRA. I was really nervous when I started working with Jody. She made me feel like a family member to her and that kind of support is why I put my trust in Lear Capital. She is so wonderful to work with. She takes pride and really understands the fear customers have when they are deciding to make this move. Her enthusiasm is the only reason I decided to move in this direction. She was very thorough in describing the different types of metals to me and her advice on what to decide on helped tremendously as I did not know anything about precious metals until I met her. Without her being on your team and being my account manager you would not have my business. THANKS JODY!!! Your wonderful!!! I am recommending you to everyone who is thinking about their future.

Reviewed Dec. 26, 2015

Being a novice I was very impressed with Dana **. He is helpful and very easy to talk to. And I trust him, and he knows what he is doing. He has the knowledge.

Installation & SetupTransparency

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2015

In the course of rolling over my retirement funds from my former employer, I dealt with Mr. ** & Ms. Gina **. Looking back, I can't imagine that the transition could have been any easier for me. All questions were answered promptly & their instructions were clear & defined. My rollover funds would not be considered to be a large amount, I'm sure, but they made me feel that my account was an important one & that they really wanted my business. My former employer estimated a 60 day process within the organization but with the help of Ms. **, I'm sure the transition happened in less than 45 days. I was quite impressed.

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2015

I have purchased several silver eagles and I appreciate the ease of ordering and getting the silver. Got an order in the mail now!

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2015

This was my first transaction with Lear and I am completely satisfied. There was plenty of initial angst, but it was greatly relieved by the supreme customer service I received. I will be a repeat customer!

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2015

Peter ** provided great insight and information about buying silver. He was the reason I chose Lear over Gold Line.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2015

Delivery of order - Fair and prompt.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2015

I read the kit Lear capital sent me. I called to place my first order. Tom went on to explain about options for silver. Even though I am a little investor I was treated like I was a big investor. I can't say enough about my experience. I ordered again. I would definitely recommend Lear Capital to my friends.

Thank you Michael.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2015

Transaction without problems. Product as described.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2015

Sean ** has done a wonderful job representing Lear Capital. He contact me about a year ago when I was not ready to purchase silver, checked it periodically throughout the year. When I was ready he was there to answer all my questions and we made a transaction. I will definitely use Lear Capital when I'm ready for another purchase. Thank you.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2015

I have purchased gold/silver from Lear Capital over the years and have always received excellent service. Cal ** is the person I have dealt with over the years, and he is very knowledgeable and professional. I especially appreciate the time he takes to answer all of my questions.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2015

The customer service provided by Mr. Thomas ** is second to none. I am happy with the overall commitment of your team to provide exceptional customer service.

Transparency

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2015

Couldn't be more satisfied. Paul always takes the time to talk and explain everything.

Reviewed Dec. 17, 2015

I was looking for a way to get some of my retirement account out of the normal ETFs that my broker had me into. My confidence in the current administration and their fiscal policies is somewhat less than stellar. My overall faith in the future of America with our do nothing congress and our pretend so called new breed of lawmakers who only pay lip service to making a difference is severely shaken. Purchasing silver and other precious metals will at least give me a slight measure of confidence that I will be able to continue to make sure my wife and I will be able to afford some minimal amount of survival funds. If I manage to survive the madness of current day America I may actually have more I can convert into this mode of investing. I truly appreciate the help I got from Gary ** and Paul **.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2015

I couldn't have had a better experience! Everything was handled according to my wishes. After placing the order, I realized I was going to be out of town during the normal delivery time. I asked that the delivery be delayed until after I returned home. I was told it would be no problem and my order arrived shortly after my return and was exactly in the correct amount.

Pinned

Thank you for your review Denny.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2015

My sales rep (Craig) was a consummate professional, explained everything to me (my first time purchasing precious metals) and guided the entire transaction to timely delivery. I will only deal with Lear Capital in the future!

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2015

My order was processed and shipped exactly as I was told it would. My conversations with Jody ** were cordial, informative and helpful. I would recommend Lear Capital to anyone.

Pinned

Thank you for your review Chris.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2015

Most pleasant experience. My rep. Jody ** is always very knowledgeable, professional, very helpful, friendly. A pleasure to do business with.