This company is not yet authorized. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
BlockMint specializes in cryptocurrency IRAs and is owned by precious metals dealer and investment company Lear Capital. With BlockMint, you can purchase cryptocurrencies, including bitcoins, using assets in existing IRA and other retirement accounts.
BlockMint is a cryptocurrency IRA investment company. With BlockMint, you can purchase bitcoin and other currencies. Transaction fees apply, but you can transfer from existing retirement accounts tax-free.
- Dedicated account executives
- Tax-free IRA transfers
- Easy online application
- Market volatility
- Monthly and annual fees
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
What is BlockMint?
BlockMint is a digital currency, or cryptocurrency, dealer and investment company that specializes in cryptocurrency IRAs. BlockMint is an offshoot of Lear Capital, a precious metals investment company that specializes in gold, silver and other metals. While BlockMint is a newer company, Lear Capital has been working in the investment field for more than 20 years.
More people are choosing to invest in cryptocurrencies to diversify their portfolio, banking on the investment's potential for long-term growth. BlockMint has dedicated account executives that walk you through the ins and outs of investing in cryptocurrencies and selecting currencies to purchase.
How does BlockMint IRA work?
BlockMint’s IRA program is similar to other IRA programs, but it uses cryptocurrencies instead of dollars, gold or other common investments. You can fund your IRA tax-free by transferring money from an existing IRA, 401(k) account or many other savings plans, including a 403(b), 457(b), Thrift Savings Plan or TIAA CREF plan.
BlockMint’s cryptocurrency IRA works in three simple steps:
- Apply online: You can apply online by visiting the BlockMint website and clicking “Get Started Now.” The link takes you to the company’s online application, which takes about five minutes to complete. You can also call BlockMint if you prefer to talk to someone directly.
- Choose your investment: You then need to decide how much you want to invest in your BlockMint IRA. You can transfer funds from an existing retirement account to your new cryptocurrency IRA with no penalties.
- Select cryptocurrency: Once you transfer your investment, the company prompts you to select your cryptocurrency. A BlockMint representative guides you through the process and helps you make educated selections.
BlockMint cost and fees
Beyond your initial investment, there are additional costs and fees associated with having an IRA with BlockMint.
- Account establishment fee: There is a one-time $500 platform enrollment fee and a 1% transaction fee to open your account
- Transaction fee: A 15% fee is applied to any cryptocurrency purchase
- Annual storage fee: There is an annual maintenance fee of $195
- Monthly fees: In addition to the annual fee, there is a $20 monthly maintenance fee and a monthly storage fee equal to 0.07% of your account’s balance
- Does BlockMint have a minimum investment requirement?
- Yes. BlockMint requires a minimum investment of $10,000.
- What coins does BlockMint have?
- At the time of publishing, BlockMint had the following coins available:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- BTC Cash (BCH)
- ETH Classic (ETC)
- How do I liquidate my BlockMint IRA account?
- To liquidate your assets, you must call your account representative. They can walk you through the process over the phone.
Is BlockMint worth it?
If you’re familiar with cryptocurrencies and want to invest in them, we think BlockMint is a solid company to partner with. Take note of the fees associated with having an account and make sure you’re comfortable with those policies before investing. BlockMint provides dedicated account executives and offers multiple cryptocurrencies, and the company should be able to support most investors' needs.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
BlockMint Cryptocurrency IRA Company Information
- Company Name:
- BlockMint Cryptocurrency IRA
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.