Bitvest IRA
4.47/5

Bitvest IRA

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Bitvest IRA is a company dedicated to mining Bitcoins for use in an IRA. You buy Bitcoins at a discounted rate of up to 20% for deferred delivery or immediate purchase. You can choose among several options for Bitcoin purchases.

1966 Video
View More View More

17 Bitvest IRA Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 5, 2019

I am writing this review to warn anyone interested in doing business with this company. They sold me a straightforward deal where I buy bitcoins at a discount and get reimbursed after waiting 6 months. I was going to be totally repaid in 18 months after the 6 months waiting time. They made few payments and sent me a change of contract. I signed because I never thought they would change the terms of the repayment. It turns out they did and as a result, they are not reimbursing me. I am currently looking for a consumer protection lawyer. This is a nightmare!

Get expert buying tips about Bitcoin IRA delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I wanted to have a portion of my retirement money in something I perceive could grow. Bitvest offered the purchase ahead of time with a 20% reduced rate. At that time, another company called but they were much more higher with the fees. The way they set it up, I don't really have the bitcoins yet. They're put away from me and I receive them when they're mined. It's a little bit of trust factor going on with them. You can actually receive a letter. Their representatives explained things well. There was Steve who was helpful and then Troy, and then there's another guy who answered the phone. They are available to help out so I don't have any complaints. They're knowledgeable and they are honest with their information. They expect you to know that it could go up and down like the stock market.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I bought bitcoins from Bitvest a year ago, and I was skeptical with waiting the 180 days. At that time, bitcoin was rather low and I had a feeling that once it gains more exposure, it would raise over time. I felt that it was a good time to invest. If I could put my money into Bitvest and not be allowed to touch it for 180 days, I was sure that the price would rise more than it would have risen if I have just kept it in my own bank. I put my $3,000, which was what was bitcoin valued at that time, into beta phase. After the 180 days passed, I started receiving my first bitcoin payment.

I got in contact with Steven who he seemed to be a pretty nice and knowledgeable guy. One day he said he was at a bitcoin conference, and I was asking him about one of my transactions and why it hasn’t got delivered yet. He told me because it wasn’t the third Thursday of the month. Their payments were always on time and if I had any problem, I could talk to Steven directly. Overall, Bitvest IRA is a trusted company.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I’ve heard about bitcoins three years prior and had studied it over that time period. I then slowly invested a small percentage and things did pretty well. So, I did a little more research and decided that the technology was very good and that it would be something that’s gonna last. There were only a couple of companies to choose from that did IRAs. And Steven, somebody very high up in Bitvest IRA, spent a lot of time talking to me and explained how the industry works. He also gave me a lot of advice on investment. He was very good, more than anybody else I’ve known or talked to.

I purchased outright and paid an upfront charge of 10% or so. I also did bitcoin forward, where you I could buy at cheaper amount but all I have is a contract. I wouldn't start receiving the bitcoin until, six months later, and then I'd receive for the next 18 months. Though there was one problem early on that I was unsure if I wanted to sell through Bitvest or through Kingdom Trust. They were not aligned as to how to properly sell the assets. But they’ve started delivery now, so Bitvest IRA's doing all right. But it is still a risky possibility so people should be cautious.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bitcoin is something that’s coming up in value over time. I needed something in my IRA and there are fewer choices out there for the IRAs right now than if it’s just a regular investment. Bitvest IRA offered me a discount for which they pay me back over time. I spoke to one of their people and he knows a lot about it. He was a decent person to speak with and was relatable. I also communicated thru email with another representative. They were knowledgeable and they've helped for me now to already know quite a lot about bitcoin and investments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1966?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Bitvest IRA has been very honest and helpful to me. They have answered all my questions and guided me through the process of purchasing bitcoin for my IRA accounts with professional expertise. I highly recommend this company. I have had only positive experiences with Bitvest IRA.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I like that Bitvest had a good set up. The guy that I worked with was helpful, really knowledgeable and always made sure to answer all of my questions. Buying from Bitvest was really easy and smooth. And it was also really easy if we got to transfer from a bank account. It’s not like I’m putting all my hope in it. But it’s good to have multiple investments and to diversify. Overall, it was just a good experience. I'd definitely recommend them.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was initially with another company for bitcoin IRA, but the processing took a long time. Bitvest had a promo of 20% off from the beginning price, so I called and asked. It was huge amount of money. And I decided to invest in it in order to stay for more and I think I did the right move. The reps have helped me out step by step. I didn’t even know how to open a lot of things and they let me know what to do. They conversed with me and made sure to stay strong with them.

Any information that I asked they answered as best as they could. They only dealt with the bitcoins at the beginning and I had a question for alt coins. They couldn't give me much information in the beginning, but later on, Steve gave me some information with regards to it and tried to hook me up with someone who deals with alt coins as well. So that was very nice. With Bitvest, I have to wait for six months after purchase to get 1/18th of its value when I bought it. And then it takes 18 months to get the full refund.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My friend used Bitvest and he told me about it. I sent an email to Bitvest and they sent me a login and that's where I pay. My friend used an IRA and since I don't have that, I just pay cash everyday online. The rep that I talked to said that I had to for 18 months to buy or sell, but he called me last time and told me that it was available in six months. It was a good experience overall.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I really liked the Bitvest representative that I talked to. He was very nice and very helpful. I also liked that they give a discounted rate when you first invest with them. It take time to do the transfer, but it was straightforward. I had a lot of trouble with the other company and Bitvest was really helpful in making the transfer go smoothly. The transaction is not completed 100% yet but up until this point, every single thing we’ve had to deal with Bitvest has been awesome. It's a great relationship and they kept their word.

1966 expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

Bitvest IRA is an investment company that deals exclusively in Bitcoin IRAs and 401Ks. Bitvest IRA mines Bitcoins and uses a method of deferred delivery to give you your bitcoins over an extended period of time to keep prices low. Bitvest IRA is known for discount Bitcoin prices and no-pressure sales.

• Deferred delivery: When you buy from Bitvest IRA, you receive your Bitcoin a fraction at a time to keep prices low. Essentially, you’re purchasing a production, and you start receiving your Bitcoins 180 days after your purchase.

• Discounts on purchases: Bitvest IRA can get your Bitcoin purchases at discount prices. Some clients save up to 20 percent on their Bitcoin acquisitions. The longer your deferred delivery, the bigger your discount.

• Video tutorials: Bitvest IRA has a page of curated videos about Bitcoin investment. These videos provide a detailed introduction to how Bitcoin works and how it can be a lucrative investment.

• News: Bitvest IRA also provides the latest news regarding Bitcoin market performance. Bitvest keeps an archive of each news story it hosts.

• Partnership with Kingdom Trust: Bitvest IRA has partnered with Kingdom Trust, a robust chartered trust company. Kingdom Trust handles Bitvest’s client support and expert advice in growing your IRA.

• Best for: investors looking to save money on their Bitcoin purchases.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Bitvest IRA Company Information