2. Finance
  3. Bitcoin IRA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.93/5

BitIRA helps Americans purchase digital currencies for placement in an IRA. As providers of the world's first insured cold storage solution for Digital IRAs, we believe that our customers have access to the most secure option possible for their retirement savings. Customers can purchase Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin and Ethereum Classic for their IRAs.

Talk to us about how you can move your current retirement account, such as an IRA, 401(k), TSP and more, into an IRA backed by cryptocurrencies.

BitIRA Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BitIRA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BitIRA?

Original review: May 4, 2021

Very professional! They were open and honest with all the associated fees. I was always able to contact them throughout the process. Whole process took several weeks. There are several folks on the team, which made it easy to reach somebody, either through phone or email. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to invest in Bitcoin IRA.

Hi Percy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Transparency is something of great value at BitIRA so we are happy to know you appreciated it! We’re thrilled to have you a part of the BitIRA family, so please don’t hesitate to call us if you need anything!

Get buying tips about Bitcoin IRA delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

The transfer of funds from a conventional IRA to BitIRA was new to me, so at first I was a little skeptical. The folks at BitIRA were very professional and they were there to help me through the process. There are costs associated with this type of account that you may not have with conventional IRAs, but they do take the time to carefully explain this to you. I would have given a five star rating, but the funds did have to transfer through me via a hard copy check, so there was a bit of a time lag versus an electronic transfer. I would definitely recommend BitIRA to a friend.

Hi John,

Thanks for trusting in BitIRA for your cryptocurrency purchase! It’s important to us that we take the time to explain everything to our customers and to help them every step of the way, and we are happy that reflected in your experience with us. We’re sorry that your previous custodian was unable to wire the funds and instead had to send a check. We wish that were in our control, as we want nothing more than for you to have a 5-star experience! We hope to continue our relationship with you, so please call us if you need anything in the future.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I decided about a year ago that I should buy some BTC and ETH. I felt it was best to buy them in a Roth so there would be no tax consequences and no RMDs. So, I transferred my Roth IRA to BitIRA. It was not a fast process, but Jay and Susan helped me do it smoothly. I did so well in the first 4 months, that I transferred my traditional IRA as well. Jay has been great and answers my emails in a timely manner and even calls me when needed. I highly recommend BitIRA!

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for giving BitIRA the opportunity to assist you with your cryptocurrency purchase! We are so happy our team members made the process smooth for you, and that you did as well as you did in the first 4 months! We hope to continue our relationship with you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

BitIRA’s salespeople are professional, prompt, responsive, transparent, knowledgeable, patient with my questions, and eager to help. My experience working with BitIRA was great. My sales rep explained every step of the process to me, sometimes multiple times, and made sure I was comfortable each step of the way. There were no surprises or curve balls thrown. The process and fees were all explained well ahead of time and executed exactly as they had been explained. Everything moved along at a reasonable pace, and the rep made sure to keep communication lines open so I always knew where we were in the process.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Everyone at the company was very helpful, they answered all of my questions and kept me updated on the status of my rollover and purchase. I am 100% pleased with the service and I have zero complaints at all! Thanks to all the guys at BitIRA. I would highly recommend.

BitIRA response

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we're happy to hear that you were pleased! We hope to be of more service in the future.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Top notch service and support. Special kudos goes to Jeremy and Tracy who were extremely patient and took extra time to help me through the process. They seem to offer a very good product, with high security and insurance. I couldn't find any other company in this area that could match them on those areas. The security was a huge benefit to me. 5 stars.

BitIRA response

Hello Ms. Harper, thank you for sharing your experience -- we are happy to have made it a positive one!

Original review: June 22, 2018

Thank you very much to the team! Before selecting BitIRA I did a lot of research on my options and spoke with several different companies. I finally narrowed it down to these guys, and they did a really good job. I am very happy with my selection, and that I now have a Bitcoin IRA!

BitIRA response

Hello Ms. Siob, thank you very much for the kind review, we're glad that we could earn your business and were able to meet your expectations. We hope to be of more service in the future -- please be in touch!

Original review: June 6, 2018

The people at BitIRA get five stars, for sure. They were so patient with me, even as I asked a lot of questions. I needed a lot of education on the process, but also why I should use them instead of other Bitcoin IRA companies. They walked me through everything, and went at my pace. That was very reassuring. Then, once we started to move forward, they were very professional. They helped with all the paperwork to move my money from my old account, and to buy the Bitcoin, it was really easy.

BitIRA response

Hello, thanks very much for sharing your experience, we're glad that we could make it a good one. We're here to answer any questions that you may have, or should you wish to make more transactions.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Bit IRA helped me with the purchase of bitcoin and ethereum for my IRA. They were very good to work with, professional, and efficient too. Alec and Jay were good resources. I would highly recommend them to others without hesitation. I can't thank them enough for the big help! Great experience overall!

BitIRA response

Hello Treena, thank you very much for sharing your experience, we appreciate it! We will be sure to pass your review on to the team.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Looking back on my experience with BitIRA, I can't believe that I almost went with another company to do this. These guys are so much better! Their fees were lower, plus I won't have to pay if I sell my currency. They have better storage options, plus it's insured. And I felt a lot more comfortable with Preferred Trust Company instead of Kingdom Trust. That includes the fact that Kingdom Trust have some insane fees. Thank goodness I found BitIRA before I went with the other guys! BitIRA is excellent to work with. Thank you for your help!

BitIRA response

Hello Lewis, thank you very much for the very nice words! We're happy to hear that we could not only earn your business, but make you so happy with how it went.

BitIRA Company Information