This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
J.G. Wentworth’s debt relief program helps you reduce or eliminate your debt in as little as two years. By appealing to creditors on your behalf, J.G. Wentworth helps manage what you owe and can potentially lower your loan interest rates. Its program is available in 20 states and Washington, D.C.
J.G. Wentworth is a financial services company with considerable experience reducing unsecured consumer debt, including credit card and personal loan debt. Most customers pay off debts in two to four years.
- Easy to apply online or over the phone
- Personalized debt relief programs
- Fully online debt relief program
- Only available in 20 states and D.C.
What does J.G. Wentworth debt relief do?
J.G. Wentworth assists people with unsecured debts, primarily credit card debt, medical debt and personal loan debt. To get started with the company's debt relief program, visit its website and fill out the online contact form. You need to provide basic personal information, including:
- Your amount of debt
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
J.G. Wentworth uses this information to determine whether you qualify for its debt relief program. If you qualify, one of its debt relief representatives reaches out to discuss your circumstances and create a no-obligation quote that’s personalized for your situation.
Once you accept the terms of its debt settlement program, J.G. Wentworth helps you create a dedicated account to store your monthly deposits. You pay into this account each month instead of making minimum payments on your debt. While you’re growing your account, J.G. Wentworth’s representatives work with your creditors to negotiate a settlement with each of your creditors.
How much does J.G. Wentworth debt relief cost?
J.G. Wentworth charges anywhere from 9% to 15% of your total debt amount. However, fees vary based on state regulations and the details of your situation, so make sure to ask a representative about any extra charges. The company does not charge a fee until it has successfully resolved a debt on your behalf.
How long does J.G. Wentworth’s debt relief program take?
Although the program length varies, J.G. Wentworth states that the average individual can pay off their debt within 24 to 48 months of starting the debt relief program. We recommend asking a representative how long the program took for people in similar situations to yours.
J.G. Wentworth FAQ
- Does J.G. Wentworth do personal loans?
- Yes, J.G. Wentworth offers unsecured personal loans from $1,000 to $40,000 and business loans from $5,000 to $250,000.
- What percent does J.G. Wentworth debt relief charge?
- J.G. Wentworth charges between 9% and 15% of your total debt amount for its debt relief services. The actual percentage depends on your specific situation and state regulations.
- Where is J.G. Wentworth debt relief available?
- J.G. Wentworth operates in 20 states and Washington, D.C., including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Indiana, Lousiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- Will J.G. Wentworth debt settlement hurt my credit score?
- Because you stop making payments to your creditors during debt settlement, it can have an adverse effect on your credit score. However, this effect is typically less than what is caused by bankruptcy, which makes debt settlement a viable alternative.
Is J.G. Wentworth debt relief really worth it?
J.G. Wentworth’s debt relief program is completely online, so this service is ideal for consumers who want an online, easy-to-manage debt relief program. The company even offers free assessments for anyone curious about the program, which is available in 20 states and Washington, D.C. If you’re interested, visit J.G. Wentworth’s website and fill out the debt relief contact form.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
We finally decided we needed some help. I checked into other options then I went on line to investigate. I found J.G. Wentworth is listed on the BBB. Others weren't. Dave explained everything on the first phone call. I was very impressed with what he told me and answered the questions for me that I had. He didn't rush thru it like most. Asked what was going on and I explained about my health the last 3 1/2 years. He recommended this program for us. It has been a weight lifted off my shoulders since we signed the documents. Now we just make one payment and they take care of the rest. They are always there for me and I have reached out to them already. Overall, yes I would recommend them.
J.G. Wentworth Debt Relief Company Information
- Company Name:
- J.G. Wentworth Debt Relief