3.8/5 (323 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Debt Relief

JG Wentworth has been helping individuals overcome financial hardships for more than 30 years with a variety of financial solutions. JG Wentworth Debt Relief’s services can help reduce or eliminate your unsecured debt in as little as 24 to 48 months. The company negotiates with creditors on your behalf and may be able to settle your debt for significantly less than what you owe.

Pros

• One monthly payment
  • Good credit not required
  • No upfront fees

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth Debt Relief can be helpful to those with $10,000 or more in debt. Although there are fees associated with their services, these fees are only charged as your debt is settled.

Top JG Wentworth Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Debt Relief?

Verified

Customer service was very prompt. Within a couple of months, I saw my debts getting settled. I get a text and I can accept the offer right there so it makes the process easier. .....

Verified

It was a great opportunity for JG to handle my situation. They kept me informed of all business. And was concerned about my well being. They kept me financially stable being to ca...

What does JG Wentworth Debt Relief do?

The JG Wentworth Debt Relief's program assists individuals with unsecured debts, primarily credit card debt, medical debt, personal loan debt and private student loan debt. To qualify for the company's program, you must:

• Reside in a eligible state
  • Have more than $10,000 in unsecured debt
  • Be able to afford the monthly program payment

A certified debt specialist will review your debt to determine if you qualify for the JG Wentworth debt relief program. If you choose to enroll in the program, JG Wentworth Debt Relief will begin working with creditors on your behalf to lower your debt.

How much does JG Wentworth Debt Relief cost?

JG Wentworth Debt Relief does not have any upfront fees. Fee percentages, typically between 18% to 25% of your enrolled debt amount, are only paid once the company settles each debt. The actual percentage depends on your specific situation and state regulations.

Fees are calculated into your monthly program payment and will never increase. You are free to cancel the program with no penalty at any time during the debt settlement process.

How long does JG Wentworth Debt Relief's program take?

Although the program length varies, JG Wentworth Debt Relief states that the average individual can pay off their debt within 24 to 48 months of starting the debt relief program.

We recommend asking a certified debt specialist how long the program took for people in similar situations to yours.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief FAQ

Where is JG Wentworth Debt Relief available?
JG Wentworth Debt Relief services are currently available in 30 states and Washington, D.C. The company operates in:
  • Alabama
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Wisconsin
Will JG Wentworth Debt Relief affect my credit rating?
Enrolling in any debt settlement program will likely have a negative impact on your credit rating because you choose to stop paying your creditors. As your debts start to settle and you maintain good credit behavior, your credit rating will likely begin to improve.
What types of debt are eligible for JG Wentworth Debt Relief’s program?
JG Wentworth helps individuals with more than $10,000 in unsecured debt, which includes credit card debt, medical debt, personal loan debt and private student loan debt.

Is JG Wentworth Debt Relief really worth it?

JG Wentworth Debt Relief’s program is completely online, so the service might be ideal if you have at least $10,000 in high interest unsecured debt, are unable to get approved for a debt consolidation loan or are looking for an alternative to bankruptcy.

JG Wentworth is a member of the American Fair Credit Council and has been helping individuals overcome financial hardships for more than 30 years. The company provides a free savings estimate that can help you decide if its program is a good fit for you.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Debt Relief?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Coming from step one, when I put the application process in, JG Wentworth contacted me. They helped me through step-by-step to where I needed to get stuff going and what I needed to get done as far as paperwork and contacting the other creditors. Once I got the paperwork in, they handled it. The program was able to get me on a schedule and to help me talk to the creditors that I had. Setting up a budget for me has taken a lot of stress off. "Okay, this is how much you can do, or this is what you kind of need to do. If you can make it happen, great." The program got me hooked online to get my debts taken care of.

JG Wentworth made it very easy for me to go through the program and to continue on with my life. I've gotten online about once a month to check on the program, as well as been informed by JG Wentworth of where things stood. Two of the creditors have been taken care of, and we're still working with one of them right now. We're almost a year and a half in to the program, and we're about halfway through. So far, it's been really good. Working with JG Wentworth has helped me out a lot, and I'm very fortunate that this came along at the time that it did. I would highly recommend it if someone was in a tight pinch or needed some financial assistance.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Brian! It is so nice to hear you are having such a positive experience with our team - thanks for sharing!

Get buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

The JG rep called me and I really enjoyed working with him. He made the process pretty streamlined and I was able to understand the process by just speaking with him. He was good. With the whole process and with me staying on top of my payments and everything on time, I was able to get a consolidated loan. It wasn't the best as far as the percentage rate and everything wasn't that great, but I'm doing a lot better now. There was one thing that I’m upset about. I got something via email the other day saying that one of the creditors that I had come to an agreement or settlement with is now making the rest of my loan taxable income and I was not told that. I'm a little concerned.

That aside, I would recommend JG. My experience was good. But for anyone that does it, the person would have to have a lot of patience and understand that the process is going to continue even after one graduates from the program. It is a process and it is something that's not going to happen overnight. But if you stick to it, eventually, it will start showing itself. At this point, I'm seeing a slight rise in my credit score. My credit score got down to the low 500s as I went through the program. Now, it's back up to 600. It's not a great credit score, but it's getting there.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Rashida! It is great to hear you are having such a positive experience working with our team to find the best path for you - we are excited to be on this journey toward the financial future you deserve!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

When I called JG Wentworth to ask what we were looking at, it was a quick and painless process in terms of the amount of time it was going to take to pay off the debt versus other programs. I've talked to a couple of different people at JG Wentworth. Their communication is good, especially early on. They talk to you a lot, get you set up, and explain everything very well. There's an online account management program and you can go in there and update things, or look at where you’re at, what accounts are in payment, where they’re at, and if it’s paid off.

It's a flat payment every month and JG Wentworth is taking care of it for me. It's not something I have to continue to try to call and get things paid down. I don't have to communicate with everybody. They also offered a loan to pay things off. It apparently rebuilds your credit more quickly. I thought it was going to be the same terms in terms of payoff time, but it was going to extend my time another two years. I told them no and they were completely fine with me not wanting to do it.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Tori! It's so nice to hear how well your program is going so far - we are excited to be on this journey towards the financial future you deserve!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

JG Wentworth's commercials are catchy. I needed some financial direction because I’m drowning in debt. I looked at their website and saw that they did help people with debt reconstruction and credit card payments. Sure enough, they were able to help me. The program worked really well. They worked with the different creditors I had. They explained the program to me and what they do with the creditors. They were able to eliminate the high-interest rates, and then get me on a regular payment schedule to where it didn’t show up bad on my credit reports.

The customer support team was great. They were pretty easy to get in touch with if I had any questions. There was usually one person that I talk to but then, if that person wasn’t there, there was somebody else. They could pull up my information and answer my questions. If they couldn’t answer them, they would research, and then call me back and let me know. So, the people that work there were very supportive and pretty knowledgeable.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Robert! It's so nice to hear how much of a positive experience you are having with your program - we're excited to be on this journey towards the financial future you deserve!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

So I have been very happy with JG Wentworth. I feel the customer service is good, they have been working on my settlements and then because of my good standing they offered me to move to a third party loan to “pay off my debt quicker”. Sounded good, right? Nah, first of all the new loan underwriters are terribly invasive. Despite that I did connected my bank statements as instructed - they claim they can’t see all of it so want more - also they are disputing that an account that should be with JGW is on the settlement plan and want me to get a “good standing” letter. Done. They are too invasive and hard to communicate with because as you can guess they are in another country. I emailed both JGW and New Credit America loan recruiter, both never replied back. Why would I move to a company that is hard to work with upfront? It actually put a bad reflection on JGW because of this company’s (NCA) poor performance. Beware, just stick with JGW. NCA will request dual information and are hard to work with.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Tanya! We're pleased to hear how much you enjoy working with us - feel free to reach out to one of our representatives with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

It has been several months and only one creditor is being paid. I could have done this on my own. I expected someone to be an advocate for me, reach out to the other two creditors and get it taken care of. It hasn’t happened.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Thank you for your feedback - we are having a representative reach out to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

My debt was out of control and I knew I had to do something about it. I always seen the J.G. Wentworth commercials on TV. Last year I called them the process took maybe 45 minutes since then they have taken care of everything for me contacting my creditors, negotiating for me. It’s a relief for me. Thank you.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Brian! We are glad you are having such a positive experience so far - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

When trying to sign someone to the program. Be a completely open book. Do not just give them the high points of the program you offer. My experience has mixed feeling about your way of doing what you do.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi John! Please do not hesitate to reach out to one of our representatives with any questions or concerns.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Honestly, I haven’t been too happy with this process. When I first started with them back in May 2022 I was told this process would take only a few months with my 6 creditors and my credit would start to go up. It’s now January 2023, 8 months later and only 2 settlements have been done. My credit is still not great and the amount of phone calls I get for the same thing I’ve explained to several different people have been insane. I’ve been paying over $200 a month and nothing has really been done. I wish it didn’t take as long as it’s taking and feel they are just taking my money at this point. I’m almost sorry I started this process.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Paying off my debt is a big relief. My only dilemma is, I’m not receiving any notification saying that a creditor was paid because I’m not seeing nothing on my credit report. And the creditors that I’m paying off also, it’s not sending me any notification that I paid off my bill so I would need help with that.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief Company Information