2. Finance
  3. Debt Settlement

4.3/5 (110 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Debt Relief

JG Wentworth has been helping individuals overcome financial hardships for more than 30 years with a variety of financial solutions. JG Wentworth Debt Relief’s services can help reduce or eliminate your unsecured debt in as little as 24 to 48 months. The company negotiates with creditors on your behalf and may be able to settle your debt for significantly less than what you owe.

Pros

• One monthly payment
  • Good credit not required
  • No upfront fees

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth Debt Relief can be helpful to those with $10,000 or more in debt. Although there are fees associated with their services, these fees are only charged as your debt is settled.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Debt Relief?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Debt Relief?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Very helpful in debt. They solve my problem. I would recommend them to anybody who is in trouble regarding their finances. Thank you for all your help to people like us. I will definitely recommend you to all my family and friends who are in need of help like me. You are very reliable and helpful. Thank you for fixing my credit.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Ligaya! We're thrilled to hear how much our program has helped you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Contact your company was the very worst financial decisions I ever made in my life. I had never had a late payment and after hiring your company you just decided to quit making my payments, let the late fees and interest add up for about six months and then get it knocked down so it look like you helped. All your company has done for me is destroy my credit. You all are liars and scam artists. I would not recommend JG Wentworth to my worst enemy.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Brandon, thank you for your feedback. Negotiation guidelines are set by each creditor, so we are not always able to immediately begin negotiating on all accounts. Due to the delinquency period required by creditors before negotiations can begin, there is an initial impact to your credit score. However, the goal is that will be temporary and begin to repair itself once settlements have been made and you maintain good credit habits outside of the program.

While the goal of our program is to help clients eliminate their debt as quickly and affordably as possible, we understand this program may not be a fit for everyone.

We wish you the best in your future financial endeavors.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Was happy with the guidelines discussion. Did not realize the tax impact debt settlement would have. Also wish the loan option would be further into the process. Would like to have waited on that option. Has not helped my credit score any, however.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Initially, the company seemed to be happy to help me get rid of debt, but I think those people quit and were replaced with robots. Two of the four debts in my program companies were settled, but my credit is in the toilet with no hope in sight. The other two companies apparently don't want to work with me on my debt amount, and that's where it ends. What do I do now? I don't get calls from JG Wentworth representatives any more - they were replaced by machinery - only half my debt is settled, my credit is ruined for years to come, so what do I do now? Why should I keep paying the $500 to JG Wentworth each month when my credit is already screwed up? I would be better off if I had just defaulted on all four debts because my credit would be no worse and there would at least be money in my bank account. : (

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Jason - thank you so much for your message and sharing your experience with us. A client services representative will be reaching out to you shortly to learn more and address your questions and concerns.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I am happy with the service so far, except for the fact that it takes so so long to go through the process. I wish it could be done faster. I would be willing to consider paying a little bit more per month if we could move it along faster.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Colleen! We're glad everything is going well so far. Increasing your monthly payments could result in sooner negotiations with creditors and lead to completing your program ahead of schedule - we encourage you to reach out to our Client Services Team for more information if you would like to adjust your payment amount!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

They have helped me out tremendously. Please give them a chance. They have helped me consolidate almost 50% of my debt so far. Can't wait till I'm 100%. Thank you for all that you do. This has been a very easy process.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Lena! We're thrilled to hear you're so pleased with your program - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

They're very diligent in explaining everything and keeping me informed. Can't wait for 2023 and the ability to say once again I am debt free. Health issues caused me to incur debt after many years of none. JG had a great option for me. Instead of 20 years I have 3.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Marie! It's wonderful to hear how much our program is helping you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

JG Wentworth has been amazing at helping my husband and I get out from under a mountain of debt. This process will allow us to start over and be more responsible with our spending. This has also been a great teaching moment for my boys so that they learn to be responsible with revolving credit.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Barbie! We're thrilled to hear how much our program is helping you and your husband so much and are excited to be working with you both on your journey to a debt free future!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

When I signed on I was NEVER told that you would be taking 25% of my payments. I would not have signed on with such a high rate if I had known. Now I’m stuck with seemingly unending payments that get me no closer to paying these debts off than if I had done it on my own. VERY DISAPPOINTED. Will never recommend.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Wanda - thank you so much for your message and sharing your experience with us. We understand a client services representative reached out on Friday to address your concerns. Please give us a call back so we can discuss in more detail.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

It's ok. But just ok. Whenever I got somebody I felt comfortable talking with, someone else would call even when I requested a particular person. Don't care that someone else is in the same department. Hard to build a rapport with someone when you keep getting switched around.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Rick, thank you for your feedback. Each of our representatives has access to all information necessary to assist you with any concern or question you may have. Limiting to one designated representative may result in longer response times than if we were to direct you to the next available representative.

However, we have placed a note in your account to direct you to a specific representative when you call. Her name is Madison L. You may request to speak with her or any of our other trained specialists.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I was hoping that my accounts would be settled sooner. Interest keeps going up and I still have unsettled accounts. The longer it takes the more interest is added! This means that that is money I am not saving. I hope my team will truly get on this and get all my accounts settled. It would be very much appreciated! Thanks, Terri

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Terri, thank you for your feedback! Our timeline and strategy for negotiating with your accounts is designed to get you the best settlements possible and out of debt faster. Some creditors may also have time requirements before they will agree to work with us - please feel free to reach out with questions for more details.

In the meantime, we will reach out to our negotiations team to check on the progress of your next settlement.

Original review: July 30, 2021

What they tell you and what they actually do are very different! The hit you take on your credit score is greater than they tell you and the timeline is nowhere near what they tell you also! Avoid this place if you can!

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Joseph - thank you so much for your message and sharing your experience with us. A client services representative representative will be reaching out at some point today with an update on your conversation on Friday.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I have had a very good experience with my debt settlement process. Lucy and her counterparts have kept me up to date with any status changes or any delays in the negotiation process. My wife and I have seen decreased credit scores as expected. Since some of the accounts are now being paid or scores started going up slowly.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Anthony! We're glad everything is going well - please feel free to call if you ever have any questions or concerns regarding your program!

Original review: July 27, 2021

Everything is great, getting credit card account settle fast. Customer service is great. Everything is great so far, hope to pay monthly payment on time and get this all close. Customer service always following up with. They are great. They are fast to response and answer my question fast. Talking to creditor and getting settle fast.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Aklakur! It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoy our service - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 27, 2021

The program is a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm getting used to it. The reps have all been very nice. JG Wentworth will work with you and try to find the best options for you. They don't get you in a pickle where you can't get out of it.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Things have been moving along great and we are very satisfied with the service we have been getting. We are one quarter of the way out of debt. We appreciate everything our team is doing for us. We would recommend J.G. to anyone who needs help with debt relief.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Rod and Jodi! We're so thrilled you're enjoying working with the JG Wentworth team and look forward to continuing to help you on your journey to a debt free future!

Original review: July 22, 2021

When I called you guys, you were straightforward with how and what you do to help people like myself in the situation that I am in. Very honest and upfront with how your system works and it works very well!! I appreciate you guys completely and I am stoked to have you on my side to help me with my finances. Thank you soo much!

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Doug! We're thrilled to hear how happy you are with both our service and program - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 22, 2021

The only thing I wish is that creditors didn't take so long to settle. After 8 months in, we are still waiting on more than half of the creditors to settle the accounts. Our phones were ringing morning noon and night from aggressive creditors calling us trying to convince us to settle personally. Maybe JGW needs to be a bit more "convincing"?

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Jacqueline, thank you for your feedback! Our timeline and strategy for negotiating with your account is designed to get you the best settlements possible and out of debt faster. Some creditors may also have time requirements before they will agree to work with us - please feel free to reach out with questions for more details.

Original review: July 21, 2021

J.G. Wentworth has been a great help to me with my consolidation. While we are still working on some of my creditors most of the accounts have been settled. Most of the phone calls and letters have stopped and my credit rating is slowly rebounding. J G. Wentworth is really good. The associates are kind, hard working, and helpful. Thank you all.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Lorraine! Thank you for sharing how much JG Wentworth has helped you - we're happy to be working wiht you on your journey to financial freedom!

Original review: July 21, 2021

I'm happy with the program. Working with them has been very helpful because it's a lot of stress that I am taking out of me. I found a support. Also, they have been giving me information every time that there is any movement in the account. When I call customer service, they answer very fast, and I get solved. With any question that I have on any issues that arise, I can call them and they are there for me.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Nancy! We're so happy we were able to help relieve your stress - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 17, 2021

Our experience has been great. I never thought we would be this close to getting where we need to be. Your team has been spot on so far. Hopefully I will be approved for the loan we applied for so we can hopefully get this done even sooner. Mraw

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Joseph! We're thrilled you're so pleased with our service - thank you for sharing and good luck with the loan application!

Original review: July 16, 2021

When I went to apply for a consolidation loan, I was offered the chance to work with the financial office and was helped tremendously! They offered so many options and guidance on how I can work on paying my debts off without loading more debt on me. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone!

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Karena! We're thrilled to hear how much the JG Wentworth team has helped you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Did everything they said they would. Work with me on the smallest details that are important me. Am amazed at the progress. If you can commit to what is needed, they will do all of the rest. Have worked with at least 5 different people, all are equally helpful and accurate. It’s like lots of people all totally connected and all with the same mindset. Work with you in the beginning processes more frequently until they know you are comfortable. Then, always available anytime you have a question or need anything.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Melissa! Thank you for sharing how much you enjoy working with the JG Wentworth team - we're always here to help, so please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I like JG Wentworth. Also New Credit America New Credit America is a great company. When I did get with JG Wentworth they transferred me to the New Credit America account and now They are taking it out of my account..

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Cheryl! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with us - and we're glad everything is going so well with your loan! Thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 15, 2021

They worked with us very well, and done what they said they would do. They were forward with how the process would go, and helped us find a loan company that would work with us as well. I would highly recommend them.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi David! We're thrilled you were so happy with you service - we wish you all the best with your financial future! Thank you for choosing JG Wentworth!

Original review: July 15, 2021

Very helpful and everyone I've spoken with has been friendly and willing to work with me on payments and updated information. They get back to you in a timely manner. Appreciated they take in answering questions. They treat you as a person and make you feel comfortable. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Also the time frame in my situation won't take long to pay off my debt,.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Deb! We're glad you're enjoying working with the JG Wentworth team - please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions!

Original review: July 14, 2021

JG Wentworth reached out in just enough time and they're always there and at the end of the phone call when I need them. I was in a territory I'm very unfamiliar with and they held my hand. It’s taking a year, but they stepped me out of the hole.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Calvin! It's wonderful to hear how much our program is helping you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 14, 2021

The representatives have been very polite, helpful and respectful to our needs and have settled quite a few of our debts fairly quick. They have been pretty easy to get in touch with or have gotten back to us quickly.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Michael! We're happy to hear you've enjoyed working with the JG Wentworth team - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 9, 2021

The JG Wentworth team takes time to listen to the customer and their concerns. The team offers advice and were available at a moment's notice. I received some mail from a creditor, uploaded a scan of the documents then sent a text. I got a response within a hour or so. Excellent experience.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Stuart! We're thrilled you are so pleased with our service - thank you for sharing!

Original review: July 7, 2021

I was getting overwhelmed with how much debt I had. I knew it would be tough to pay on my own. I was giving so much money monthly and it was only the minimum on most so it was like never ending. I was super skeptical about going into a debt relief program not really knowing what to expect. From the first call we had I found it very informative and everything was explained and answered clearly. The client portal is super easy to log into and upload documents when needed. Also all my information is in one place and clear to see it all. Happy to finally be able to have some debt relief and we've already settled some and I can't wait to be done with debt! Thanks to J.G. Wentworth.

JG Wentworth Debt Relief response

Hi Melissa! It's wonderful to hear how much our program is helping you - we're thrilled to be working with you on your journey to a debt free future!

JG Wentworth Debt Relief Company Information