3.9/5 (41 ratings)

Find Identity Theft Protection partners near you

About IdentityIQ

IdentityIQ services feature membership-based identity theft and credit protection. For a monthly fee, the company offers credit reporting and score delivery, credit monitoring, dark web monitoring, identity theft insurance and identity theft protection and restoration.

Find Identity Theft Protection partners near you

Pros

• Dark web monitoring
    • SSN tracking
    • Affordable plans

Cons

• Basic plans are limited

Bottom Line

IdentityIQ services offer credit monitoring and identity theft protection for a monthly fee. Customers receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.

What is IdentityIQ protection and how does it work?

IdentityIQ services specialize in identity theft and credit protection. Once you sign up for a service, the company begins monitoring credit and online activity in your name to look for criminal activity. You receive alerts for suspicious activity and work with a restoration specialist if your identity is stolen.

The IdentityIQ four monthly membership options offer the following services:

• Credit monitoring: IdentityIQ credit monitoring alerts you to changes on your credit report. The company checks your report for inaccuracies and works with you to identify suspicious activity.
    • Dark web monitoring: Identities and credit card numbers are often sold on the dark web. The IdentityIQ team monitors the dark web for mentions of your information, including your name, address and Social Security number.
    • Identity protection: The IdentityIQ team notifies you when your Social Security number is used with an incorrect name or address. The company also monitors for criminal activity committed in your name.
    • Application monitoring: Get notified when a credit application is taken out in your name. This includes services such as loans, utilities and cell phone contracts.
    • Identity theft insurance: IdentityIQ identity theft coverage is available up to $1 million, underwritten by AIG. This coverage can help with lost wages, legal aid and stolen fund reimbursement.
    • Identity restoration: If your identity is stolen, an IdentityIQ dedicated case manager can help restore your identity.
    • Family protection: Unfortunately, children are often targets of identity theft, and these crimes typically get overlooked. With the family protection program under the IdentityIQ Secure Max Plan, you can monitor your child’s Social Security number and get up to $25,000 in insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.
    • Credit reports and scores: No credit monitoring service would be complete without access to your credit score and credit reports. With IdentityIQ services, you can access your report up to 12 times each year, something many competitors don't offer.

IdentityIQ pricing

You can choose from four IdentityIQ plans: Secure, Secure Plus, Secure Pro or Secure Max. The plans provide varying coverage levels, but each one includes credit monitoring, internet and dark web monitoring and up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG.

IdentityIQ plans

CostCredit Report Access
    Secure$6.99
    Secure Plus$9.99Annually
    Secure Pro$19.99Biannually
    Secure Max$29.99Monthly

IdentityIQ FAQ

Do the IdentityIQ plans monitor all three credit bureau reports?
    The Secure plan, the IdentityIQ most basic option, and the Secure Plus plan only include daily monitoring from one bureau. Both the Secure Pro and Secure Max plans monitor the reports from all three bureaus.
    How can I get a family protection plan?
    IdentityIQ services offer family protection services under its Secure Max plan. The service is not available under other tier options.
    How do I cancel IdentityIQ services?
    You may cancel your account at any time by calling the IdentityIQ customer service department. You must verify your identity to complete cancellations. The company does not offer refunds.
    Is there an IdentityIQ app?
    IdentityIQ currently doesn’t have an app, but its website is mobile friendly.

Is IdentityIQ legit?

IdentityIQ services offer a variety of plans that suit most everyone’s needs, although its family protection feature is only available on its most expensive option. With up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG, daily monitoring and alerts, we think IdentityIQ services are a good option for anyone concerned about the security of their identity.

IdentityIQ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?

Original review: April 30, 2021

Every experience with IdentityIQ representatives has been pleasant. They're very helpful. Having the service keeps us up-to-date in current information about things that are going on. If something does happen, they know quickly and can catch it. So, it keeps us from having to do all the after-effects work when something does happen. The service puts our mind at ease about identity theft.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review! We're glad IdentityIQ services has put your mind at ease with identity theft protection.

Original review: April 22, 2021

IdentityIQ disclosed everything and made sure everything was secured and confidential. So you don't have to worry about anything happening to your information. I had a little difficulty trying to understand it. But once I got the hang of it, as far as learning what everything meant and how to use it, it was piece of cake. The initial contact I had was very helpful, as far as making it easy to understand, how everything is read, and how credit is looked at.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services! We're glad you've found it useful and educational!

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I have Credit Karma, Experian, and all the other ones. They all gave me different results. I wanted to see exactly what my credit was so I used IdentityIQ instead. It is more direct. The results are pretty much right there where the other ones, you have to actually look for it and figure out exactly where the hard inquiries are.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing IdentityIQ services! We're happy you're able to utilize our easy-to-read report!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

IdentityIQ is more than just having your identity monitored, but it gives you discounts for places to go or free things. Their reps were nice talking people, and very considering of lowering the bill payments for that saving thing, but I just learned there are other places that does the same thing for free.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you choosing our services for your identity theft and credit report monitoring needs. Along with credit report monitoring, we monitor your identity for suspicious activity on the internet, dark web and even international criminal databases. This is provided along with identity theft insurance and restoration.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I was impressed that when it opened up, it gave your credit score from all three credit bureaus. But they could make their system computer-friendly so that it would be obvious to even an idiot like me that when you click on this area, it will take you to where it says. They should have a tutorial that introduces you to their system. Also, they are kind of pricey.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs. We also appreciate your feedback on our dashboard.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Don’t use these people. They are shysters! They charged me on Saturday Christmas day because I couldn’t call in to cancel. The 7 day 1 dollar trial is a scam because it’s not business days. So if your 7th day happens to fall on a weekend you are screwed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

There is no reason in this day and age that you should need to call customer service during business hours to wait on hold just to cancel a membership. Overall, services are overpriced and you can get same for free on many other sites

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

While the service Identity IQ is likely legit, my bank provides these services for free. So, I called almost a year ago to cancel my subscription before I went through a long medical issue. Now that I am able to look at my bank statements, I found that my subscription was never cancelled and I have been charged $29.99 month for all of these months...that is about $300.00. They claim they do not have a record of my call to cancel, yet I made the call with my financial advisor sitting with me. They are willing to reverse the last charge of $29.99 made 10 days ago, but that is it. Isn't it ironic that a credit monitoring service is one that has taken my money??

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I used this service for what I thought was a one time fee so I could apply for a loan for a 1 dollar charge. Unbeknownst to me they automatically signed me up for a reoccurring charge of 34.99 a month which you can't cancel without calling them. I was unaware of this and no it put my account in to the red for the month. Seems like a sneaky way of doing business to me. I would not have done this had it been clear they were going to take money automatically and make it so difficult to cancel. Not happy with this company at all.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

My brother's bank account was hacked into by a hacker that was making charges via IdentityIQ. When I initially called, I was transferred to an upper management woman who took all the information and it was eventually taken care of. But during the process I tried called the woman who I initially talked to and was never called back. I had to be in contact with my brother's bank to resolve this issue because he is disabled.

The last time I spoke with this company they had the nerve to try to get me to sign up for their services after IdentityIQ failed to even prevent their own company, which is supposed to prevent you from this type of fraud, to get hacked. I apologize in advance if I used any incorrect technical terms when referring to identity and fraud protection. I just concerned about when people are paying this company for identity and fraud protection etc. that this company was hacked themselves and at a cost of many hours of myself making sure it was resolved and not even a followup call from their fraud department even explaining what happened. So I recommend anyone using this service to be aware and check that you weren't hacked and charged for services that you didn't ask for.

One final note, my brother never had an account with IdentityIQ and somehow they were able to get to his bank account while using Identity IQ as a way to access his bank account. So buyer beware and if ConsumerAffairs.com would like to contact me for additional information, I welcome them to contact me. So buyers beware.

Take an Identity Theft Quiz