4.3/5 (36 ratings)

Find Identity Theft Protection partners near you

About IdentityIQ

IdentityIQ services feature membership-based identity theft and credit protection. For a monthly fee, the company offers credit reporting and score delivery, credit monitoring, dark web monitoring, identity theft insurance and identity theft protection and restoration.

Find Identity Theft Protection partners near you

Pros

• Dark web monitoring
    • SSN tracking
    • Affordable plans

Cons

• Basic plans are limited

Bottom Line

IdentityIQ services offer credit monitoring and identity theft protection for a monthly fee. Customers receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.

What is IdentityIQ protection and how does it work?

IdentityIQ services specialize in identity theft and credit protection. Once you sign up for a service, the company begins monitoring credit and online activity in your name to look for criminal activity. You receive alerts for suspicious activity and work with a restoration specialist if your identity is stolen.

The IdentityIQ four monthly membership options offer the following services:

• Credit monitoring: IdentityIQ credit monitoring alerts you to changes on your credit report. The company checks your report for inaccuracies and works with you to identify suspicious activity.
    • Dark web monitoring: Identities and credit card numbers are often sold on the dark web. The IdentityIQ team monitors the dark web for mentions of your information, including your name, address and Social Security number.
    • Identity protection: The IdentityIQ team notifies you when your Social Security number is used with an incorrect name or address. The company also monitors for criminal activity committed in your name.
    • Application monitoring: Get notified when a credit application is taken out in your name. This includes services such as loans, utilities and cell phone contracts.
    • Identity theft insurance: IdentityIQ identity theft coverage is available up to $1 million, underwritten by AIG. This coverage can help with lost wages, legal aid and stolen fund reimbursement.
    • Identity restoration: If your identity is stolen, an IdentityIQ dedicated case manager can help restore your identity.
    • Family protection: Unfortunately, children are often targets of identity theft, and these crimes typically get overlooked. With the family protection program under the IdentityIQ Secure Max Plan, you can monitor your child’s Social Security number and get up to $25,000 in insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.
    • Credit reports and scores: No credit monitoring service would be complete without access to your credit score and credit reports. With IdentityIQ services, you can access your report up to 12 times each year, something many competitors don't offer.

IdentityIQ pricing

You can choose from four IdentityIQ plans: Secure, Secure Plus, Secure Pro or Secure Max. The plans provide varying coverage levels, but each one includes credit monitoring, internet and dark web monitoring and up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG.

IdentityIQ plans

CostCredit Report Access
    Secure$6.99
    Secure Plus$9.99Annually
    Secure Pro$19.99Biannually
    Secure Max$29.99Monthly

IdentityIQ FAQ

Do the IdentityIQ plans monitor all three credit bureau reports?
    The Secure plan, the IdentityIQ most basic option, and the Secure Plus plan only include daily monitoring from one bureau. Both the Secure Pro and Secure Max plans monitor the reports from all three bureaus.
    How can I get a family protection plan?
    IdentityIQ services offer family protection services under its Secure Max plan. The service is not available under other tier options.
    How do I cancel IdentityIQ services?
    You may cancel your account at any time by calling the IdentityIQ customer service department. You must verify your identity to complete cancellations. The company does not offer refunds.
    Is there an IdentityIQ app?
    IdentityIQ currently doesn’t have an app, but its website is mobile friendly.

Is IdentityIQ legit?

IdentityIQ services offer a variety of plans that suit most everyone’s needs, although its family protection feature is only available on its most expensive option. With up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG, daily monitoring and alerts, we think IdentityIQ services are a good option for anyone concerned about the security of their identity.

IdentityIQ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?

Original review: April 30, 2021

Every experience with IdentityIQ representatives has been pleasant. They're very helpful. Having the service keeps us up-to-date in current information about things that are going on. If something does happen, they know quickly and can catch it. So, it keeps us from having to do all the after-effects work when something does happen. The service puts our mind at ease about identity theft.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review! We're glad IdentityIQ services has put your mind at ease with identity theft protection.

Original review: April 22, 2021

IdentityIQ disclosed everything and made sure everything was secured and confidential. So you don't have to worry about anything happening to your information. I had a little difficulty trying to understand it. But once I got the hang of it, as far as learning what everything meant and how to use it, it was piece of cake. The initial contact I had was very helpful, as far as making it easy to understand, how everything is read, and how credit is looked at.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services! We're glad you've found it useful and educational!

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

IdentityIQ is more than just having your identity monitored, but it gives you discounts for places to go or free things. Their reps were nice talking people, and very considering of lowering the bill payments for that saving thing, but I just learned there are other places that does the same thing for free.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you choosing our services for your identity theft and credit report monitoring needs. Along with credit report monitoring, we monitor your identity for suspicious activity on the internet, dark web and even international criminal databases. This is provided along with identity theft insurance and restoration.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I was impressed that when it opened up, it gave your credit score from all three credit bureaus. But they could make their system computer-friendly so that it would be obvious to even an idiot like me that when you click on this area, it will take you to where it says. They should have a tutorial that introduces you to their system. Also, they are kind of pricey.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs. We also appreciate your feedback on our dashboard.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

The experience is very good. The website is very easy to navigate through. IdentityIQ gives me alerts every time someone’s running my credit. And they do it right on time. I like them because of that and it makes it very hard for anybody to do any type of search on me.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We're happy that you find our site easy to navigate!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I love all of the information available through this service. I am able to monitor my credit score and make better financial choices based on the information available to me. I really love this service.

Original review: July 29, 2021

This was the best investment that I have made when it comes to fixing my credit. It allows me to check all of My credit report and credit scores and it even helps me know what I need to do to improve my credit.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I have never joined or asked about joining IdentityIQ. Yet I received an email asking for credit card info for billing. No link to unsubscribe from the email list. My only option was to click a link to their web site. Not going to happen. Very suspicious.

Original review: April 15, 2021

IdentityIQ's website has been easy to figure out.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I have Credit Karma, Experian, and all the other ones. They all gave me different results. I wanted to see exactly what my credit was so I used IdentityIQ instead. It is more direct. The results are pretty much right there where the other ones, you have to actually look for it and figure out exactly where the hard inquiries are.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing IdentityIQ services! We're happy you're able to utilize our easy-to-read report!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

IdentityIQ did a good job. The customer service was nice, while the website was simple. Everything was laid out. However, I didn't stay with them for too long. My bank protects my money and identity very well.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review. We appreciate you trying IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I'm trying to manage my credit heavily and I don't want anybody using my credit, using my name or trying to get anything in my name. I get alerts from IdentityIQ, but I don't know how I got with it. Whenever you file your credit report for the year, it sends you over to those types of things and you have so many days to cancel. What happened is I didn't cancel, so it billed me without me even knowing it.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review. We've sent you a message for assistance with your account.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Signing up with them wasn't difficult. But trying to cancel has been difficult and I couldn’t make it out online. I don’t need to be charged every month.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ services and encourage you to call our customer service team if you need assistance.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I just set this up for the credit score to make sure that it would never be compromised or I would be notified immediately if there's anything going on. I have not been able to utilize it yet but I'm satisfied so far.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity monitoring! We are happy you are satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

The rep I worked with was decent. However, they could have a little more communication.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing IdentityIQ for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We're happy you had a good experience with our 100% U.S.-based customer service team.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

It was simple and easy to get signed up with the service of IdentityIQ. It was online and I did it myself. I go into it every now and then. It alerts me if there are any changes. Everything’s on the dot with IdentityIQ.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We are here to help inform and protect you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

We needed to look up my credit history. IdentityIQ was recommended to me with the credit repair person. IdentityIQ has been good. Right now, we're disputing some stuff that's on my credit and we are waiting to see what happens with the disputes. I've only had the service for less than a month.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring! We appreciate your review.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I have someone working on my credit and she told me that IdentityIQ is the best to go through. I signed up then the team called me. They were pretty good. The website was great as well.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the rave review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring needs!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I needed an identity theft protection service for a casino background check to work as a manager at a casino. We all had to do it with my team and there were no issues. It was streamlined for everybody. IdentityIQ's website was self-sufficient.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review! We're happy you found our process streamlined and appreciate you using IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Everything has been going good. Setting up the account online when I initially started was easy to do.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

My purse was stolen. It had my ID and all my cards in it. I googled something for protection and IdentityIQ was the first one that popped up. I like it thus far. I'm satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

It’s very useful to use. They protect everything I had. I was so happy with them. I would recommend their service to use. It doesn’t matter how money you spend. It worth every penny. I was very happy with them.

IdentityIQ response

Michael, thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy you choose IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring and identity theft protection needs.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

Credit RX required me to enroll in an identity theft protection service as a way for them to track the progress of the work that they do for me. Credit RX referred me to IdentityIQ. I used them sometime last year. Once Credit RX was pretty much done with the services, I cancelled IdentityIQ. But something was up again with my credit so I hired Credit RX to clear it up. I had to be enrolled in IdentityIQ again.

I go on the IdentityIQ website periodically to see if things are matching up and see how often they report new information regarding balance reduced that goes on with my credit. I see if everything is correct. I have experience as well and I have scores. I'm on a few different credit trackers. Compared to IdentityIQ, I feel like I get more frequent checks with other credit monitoring entities. IdentityIQ takes a little longer to update my file.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for your review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft protection needs. The frequency of your credit report and scores depends on your plan selection. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to call our Customer Support Team with any questions.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

An acquaintance requested that I signup with this Online service. This Company is a SCAM.??? Do NOT do business with this FRAUDULENT business.??? Do NOT trust the REVIEWS on this Website. The Company is paying for good reviews.??? AVOID this Company at ANY cost! Do NOT do business with them, you will REGRET! FACT!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

This service is absolutely awesome! I've had my identity stolen twice. This company lets me know every time my credit is ran for any reason! Of course, if my identity was stolen again, they will pay for it! The people that work there have always been very curious. I've never had a bad experience. If you're looking for some protection go with them, they're the best in my opinion!

IdentityIQ response

Michele, thank you for your awesome review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you covered when it comes to identity theft protection!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

They notify me when there is any movement on my credit score. They are very responsive to my requests. They are very thorough. Fortunately, I have not needed them for any major issue. I recommend them highly.

IdentityIQ response

Sherry, thank you for your review! We're happy you're happy and appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring and identity theft protection needs.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I was looking for a company that would be able to tell me my credit report monthly. A friend of mine who helps fix credit told me about IdentityIQ. Their website was very easy to navigate.

IdentityIQ response

Hello Luis! Thank you for the review and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report monitoring and identity theft protection needs! We are glad you find our website very easy to navigate.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I was trying to get my credit clean. I signed up with IdentityIQ and so far, everything on my credit report is accurate and I was happy to know it's secure. I didn't have to worry about it being a scam. It's been good. I see my payments are taken out. But I still have to sign up for annualcredit.com to protect myself. It's used so I can connect with the person who's working on cleaning my credit.

I usually pay from Equifax. I'm paying for TransUnion and Experian too. IdentityIQ is the one that really sends me all the information that I really need and monitor and was able to lock my accounts. I feel secure because I haven't had anything go wrong with my Social Security or credit card. IdentityIQ is a legit company and I hope it will stay that way.

I have a neighbor that is very careful in who they use and what they do with certain companies. They are cleaning up their credit as well and they recommended Credit America to me and Credit America recommended IdentityIQ to me. A lot of people are probably pleased with it. There are a lot of positive things going on. I have also already recommended IdentityIQ to others to actually use it to help get in the credit scores and see what needs to be work done, what needs to be removed, or what needs to be used as a contact for the consumer from the credit report. Since I used IdentityIQ and I forwarded all information to Credit America, I have heard back from whoever they contacted in reference to having certain things removed on my credit.

IdentityIQ response

Eleanor, thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback and for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft protection needs.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

A credit repair company told me how to get IdentityIQ to monitor my credit. However, their site doesn't update my credit report unlike on Credit Karma where it is always updated when I look at it.

IdentityIQ response

Thank you for the review as we appreciate you using IdentityIQ for credit report monitoring and scores. We sent you a private message offering assistance.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I was signed up for IdentityIQ and the process was pretty easy. Their rep was pretty good.

IdentityIQ response

Hi Henry! Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs!

Take an Identity Theft Quiz