Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.40/5

IdentityIQ services feature membership-based identity theft and credit protection. For a monthly fee, the company offers credit reporting and score delivery, credit monitoring, dark web monitoring, identity theft insurance and identity theft protection and restoration.

BOTTOM LINE

IdentityIQ services offer credit monitoring and identity theft protection for a monthly fee. Customers receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.

PROS

• Dark web monitoring
  • SSN tracking
  • Affordable plans

CONS

• Basic plans are limited
IdentityIQ Learn More

What is IdentityIQ protection and how does it work?

IdentityIQ services specialize in identity theft and credit protection. Once you sign up for a service, the company begins monitoring credit and online activity in your name to look for criminal activity. You receive alerts for suspicious activity and work with a restoration specialist if your identity is stolen.

The IdentityIQ four monthly membership options offer the following services:

• Credit monitoring: IdentityIQ credit monitoring alerts you to changes on your credit report. The company checks your report for inaccuracies and works with you to identify suspicious activity.
  • Dark web monitoring: Identities and credit card numbers are often sold on the dark web. The IdentityIQ team monitors the dark web for mentions of your information, including your name, address and Social Security number.
  • Identity protection: The IdentityIQ team notifies you when your Social Security number is used with an incorrect name or address. The company also monitors for criminal activity committed in your name.
  • Application monitoring: Get notified when a credit application is taken out in your name. This includes services such as loans, utilities and cell phone contracts.
  • Identity theft insurance: IdentityIQ identity theft coverage is available up to $1 million, underwritten by AIG. This coverage can help with lost wages, legal aid and stolen fund reimbursement.
  • Identity restoration: If your identity is stolen, an IdentityIQ dedicated case manager can help restore your identity.
  • Family protection: Unfortunately, children are often targets of identity theft, and these crimes typically get overlooked. With the family protection program under the IdentityIQ Secure Max Plan, you can monitor your child’s Social Security number and get up to $25,000 in insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.
  • Credit reports and scores: No credit monitoring service would be complete without access to your credit score and credit reports. With IdentityIQ services, you can access your report up to 12 times each year, something many competitors don't offer.

IdentityIQ pricing

You can choose from four IdentityIQ plans: Secure, Secure Plus, Secure Pro or Secure Max. The plans provide varying coverage levels, but each one includes credit monitoring, internet and dark web monitoring and up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG.

IdentityIQ plans

CostCredit Report Access
Secure$6.99
Secure Plus$9.99Annually
Secure Pro$19.99Biannually
Secure Max$29.99Monthly

IdentityIQ FAQ

Do the IdentityIQ plans monitor all three credit bureau reports?
The Secure plan, the IdentityIQ most basic option, and the Secure Plus plan only include daily monitoring from one bureau. Both the Secure Pro and Secure Max plans monitor the reports from all three bureaus.
How can I get a family protection plan?
IdentityIQ services offer family protection services under its Secure Max plan. The service is not available under other tier options.
How do I cancel IdentityIQ services?
You may cancel your account at any time by calling the IdentityIQ customer service department. You must verify your identity to complete cancellations. The company does not offer refunds.
Is there an IdentityIQ app?
IdentityIQ currently doesn’t have an app, but its website is mobile friendly.

Is IdentityIQ legit?

IdentityIQ services offer a variety of plans that suit most everyone’s needs, although its family protection feature is only available on its most expensive option. With up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG, daily monitoring and alerts, we think IdentityIQ services are a good option for anyone concerned about the security of their identity.

IdentityIQ Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about IdentityIQ?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I got referred to IdentityIQ by my Realtor. I signed up and it was an easy process. Once I got the initial contact, they gave me a website to go on to check everything. The website seemed pretty easy. I didn't have any kind of contact with IdentityIQ until the second phase. I'm in the third phase now. I'm still going through the process with them. The only thing is they should break things down a little bit more. Otherwise, I'd tell others to contact them and ask questions.

IdentityIQ response

Hi Jamar! Thank you for choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs! We appreciate your feedback and are happy you're happy with your experience. Thank you again!

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I tried IdentityIQ as I was trying to rebuild my credit and I didn't want anybody getting any of my information. Plus, I wanted to get alerted if anybody did. Working with IdentityIQ's team was a really good experience. All my questions got answered and I knew where to go and what to do. Navigating their website was very simple.

IdentityIQ response

Hi Efrem! Thank you for the review! We are happy you had a really good experience with our team of experts!

Original review: July 30, 2020

We were searching for identity theft protection services as we were making sure that we were protecting whatever we had as far as a credit score. We had some past problems with identity theft. I did some brief research but IdentityIQ came recommended by the company that we were using credit services. We've had interactions with their team mostly through email, and that has worked great for me because I've got limited availability in my schedule. However, the website was dated the last time I was there. But whatever my expectations were, they were met.

IdentityIQ response

Hi Jamie! Thank you for the review! We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: July 23, 2020

For security purposes, I got Identity IQ after hearing that they had a better rating than any other company. Their knowledge base has been pretty good for me. Moreover, navigating their site is self-explanatory.

IdentityIQ response

Hi Carmichael! Thank you for the review! We're happy your experience with our team of experts and website had been good!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I was signed up for IdentityIQ and the process was pretty easy. Their rep was pretty good.

IdentityIQ response

Hi Henry! Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing IdentityIQ services for your credit report and identity theft monitoring needs!

IdentityIQ Company Information