Find Identity Theft Protection partners near you
IdentityIQ services feature membership-based identity theft and credit protection. For a monthly fee, the company offers credit reporting and score delivery, credit monitoring, dark web monitoring, identity theft insurance and identity theft protection and restoration.
Find Identity Theft Protection partners near you
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- Dark web monitoring
- SSN tracking
- Affordable plans
- Basic plans are limited
IdentityIQ services offer credit monitoring and identity theft protection for a monthly fee. Customers receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.
What is IdentityIQ protection and how does it work?
IdentityIQ services specialize in identity theft and credit protection. Once you sign up for a service, the company begins monitoring credit and online activity in your name to look for criminal activity. You receive alerts for suspicious activity and work with a restoration specialist if your identity is stolen.
The IdentityIQ four monthly membership options offer the following services:
- Credit monitoring: IdentityIQ credit monitoring alerts you to changes on your credit report. The company checks your report for inaccuracies and works with you to identify suspicious activity.
- Dark web monitoring: Identities and credit card numbers are often sold on the dark web. The IdentityIQ team monitors the dark web for mentions of your information, including your name, address and Social Security number.
- Identity protection: The IdentityIQ team notifies you when your Social Security number is used with an incorrect name or address. The company also monitors for criminal activity committed in your name.
- Application monitoring: Get notified when a credit application is taken out in your name. This includes services such as loans, utilities and cell phone contracts.
- Identity theft insurance: IdentityIQ identity theft coverage is available up to $1 million, underwritten by AIG. This coverage can help with lost wages, legal aid and stolen fund reimbursement.
- Identity restoration: If your identity is stolen, an IdentityIQ dedicated case manager can help restore your identity.
- Family protection: Unfortunately, children are often targets of identity theft, and these crimes typically get overlooked. With the family protection program under the IdentityIQ Secure Max Plan, you can monitor your child’s Social Security number and get up to $25,000 in insurance coverage underwritten by AIG.
- Credit reports and scores: No credit monitoring service would be complete without access to your credit score and credit reports. With IdentityIQ services, you can access your report up to 12 times each year, something many competitors don't offer.
You can choose from four IdentityIQ plans: Secure, Secure Plus, Secure Pro or Secure Max. The plans provide varying coverage levels, but each one includes credit monitoring, internet and dark web monitoring and up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG.
|Cost||Credit Report Access|
- Do the IdentityIQ plans monitor all three credit bureau reports?
- The Secure plan, the IdentityIQ most basic option, and the Secure Plus plan only include daily monitoring from one bureau. Both the Secure Pro and Secure Max plans monitor the reports from all three bureaus.
- How can I get a family protection plan?
- IdentityIQ services offer family protection services under its Secure Max plan. The service is not available under other tier options.
- How do I cancel IdentityIQ services?
- You may cancel your account at any time by calling the IdentityIQ customer service department. You must verify your identity to complete cancellations. The company does not offer refunds.
- Is there an IdentityIQ app?
- IdentityIQ currently doesn’t have an app, but its website is mobile friendly.
Is IdentityIQ legit?
IdentityIQ services offer a variety of plans that suit most everyone’s needs, although its family protection feature is only available on its most expensive option. With up to $1 million in stolen fund reimbursement underwritten by AIG, daily monitoring and alerts, we think IdentityIQ services are a good option for anyone concerned about the security of their identity.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,911,228 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Signed up for trial and tried to call to cancel within 7 day trial period. Was placed on hold, then disconnected. Multiple attempts and they've still not answered with an actual human being. They claim they've never received a call from me. Upon complaint they swear they've called me. Oddly my caller ID and voicemail show no calls nor messages left. Looking at similar reviews this seems to be their MO: deny, avoid, charge, recycle. An Attorney General or consumer protection group needs to investigate them.
I cancelled my subscription only a day after my 7 day trial ended. I was billed and they refused to even give me a refund or even a prorated return. I would not recommend them ever. They hope you forget to cancel the short trial so they can take your money and run. That is a very predatory system.
Hi Erwinn, and thank you for your feedback. We apologize for your experience. We appreciate that you gave us a try. While we do offer trial memberships, they do need to be cancelled within the agreed-on trial period.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
The business model for this company is to just get money from you. You are asked for a $1 dollar charge for a free trial and then they will immediately enroll you into their program for 34.99 a month. They say they send you an email about this, so pay attention. You have 7 days! Including weekends. For this to happen. I was told I would not be charged for the services and then I was still charged anyways. You NEED to call to cancel and they STILL try and sell you their insurance. It takes about 20 minutes to do so. If you do the $1 dollar trial, be sure to cancel immediately. This is a good way for the company to scam you. My account was put in the red zone for this, so be aware. This is pretty much a scam.
Don’t use these people. They are shysters! They charged me on Saturday Christmas day because I couldn’t call in to cancel. The 7 day 1 dollar trial is a scam because it’s not business days. So if your 7th day happens to fall on a weekend you are screwed.
There is no reason in this day and age that you should need to call customer service during business hours to wait on hold just to cancel a membership. Overall, services are overpriced and you can get same for free on many other sites
While the service Identity IQ is likely legit, my bank provides these services for free. So, I called almost a year ago to cancel my subscription before I went through a long medical issue. Now that I am able to look at my bank statements, I found that my subscription was never cancelled and I have been charged $29.99 month for all of these months...that is about $300.00. They claim they do not have a record of my call to cancel, yet I made the call with my financial advisor sitting with me. They are willing to reverse the last charge of $29.99 made 10 days ago, but that is it. Isn't it ironic that a credit monitoring service is one that has taken my money??
I used this service for what I thought was a one time fee so I could apply for a loan for a 1 dollar charge. Unbeknownst to me they automatically signed me up for a reoccurring charge of 34.99 a month which you can't cancel without calling them. I was unaware of this and no it put my account in to the red for the month. Seems like a sneaky way of doing business to me. I would not have done this had it been clear they were going to take money automatically and make it so difficult to cancel. Not happy with this company at all.
My brother's bank account was hacked into by a hacker that was making charges via IdentityIQ. When I initially called, I was transferred to an upper management woman who took all the information and it was eventually taken care of. But during the process I tried called the woman who I initially talked to and was never called back. I had to be in contact with my brother's bank to resolve this issue because he is disabled.
The last time I spoke with this company they had the nerve to try to get me to sign up for their services after IdentityIQ failed to even prevent their own company, which is supposed to prevent you from this type of fraud, to get hacked. I apologize in advance if I used any incorrect technical terms when referring to identity and fraud protection. I just concerned about when people are paying this company for identity and fraud protection etc. that this company was hacked themselves and at a cost of many hours of myself making sure it was resolved and not even a followup call from their fraud department even explaining what happened. So I recommend anyone using this service to be aware and check that you weren't hacked and charged for services that you didn't ask for.
One final note, my brother never had an account with IdentityIQ and somehow they were able to get to his bank account while using Identity IQ as a way to access his bank account. So buyer beware and if ConsumerAffairs.com would like to contact me for additional information, I welcome them to contact me. So buyers beware.
I love all of the information available through this service. I am able to monitor my credit score and make better financial choices based on the information available to me. I really love this service.
This was the best investment that I have made when it comes to fixing my credit. It allows me to check all of My credit report and credit scores and it even helps me know what I need to do to improve my credit.
IdentityIQ Company Information
- Company Name:
- 43454 Business Park Dr.
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.