Seterus
1.14/5

Looking for a loan company?

Seterus

formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services

Looking for a loan company?

Seterus Reviews

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My loan was transferred to Seterus and set up on ACH. My account never had one reversed or bounced payment. I was actually seeing 2 payments debiting my bank. After 6 months I notice they stopped and wanted to know why and how my payment was defaulted and behind??? No way at. Had perfect payment history. Reached out because of a default letter. I was a wreck. Hysterical is not the word how shook up I was. They made absolute no sense and got bogus story iez and have it all, documents and names of reps I spoke with, it was a nightmare. They wouldn't keep up with their ** lies then I come up with this over large amount. They said I was delinquent. I provided all bank statements, conferenced the call with bank and Seterus, did everything and still asked for and demand 5,900 be paid or will go into foreclosure status.

One fine day and night, everyday mailing, emailing, faxing paperwork, all proofs. Their payment history my and my billing statements amount nowhere at all matched. In the midst of getting ** told to me you would do anything to have your home knowing it's a battle and at that it's **. I never once was delinquent but you would pay anything to save your family's home. So what do I do, make a 5900 payment broken up into 4 or 5 payments by Western Union same day payment. They said that will clear everything up and something about a bond modification and I didn't understand because I never was originally struggling to make my payments. Meantime they advised me to pay a certain amount until modification approved. Obece for approval letters.

Keep making my payments, all of a sudden I receive a letter of default, nothing they can do. And literally a week later my home was foreclosed on no notice, no time...locks were changed too. My home, all my ** was stolen out of my homes. We lost our home in less than few weeks, no warning at all. I even got the newscasters to pick up my story and put us on news, air it in tv or want to file lawsuit, what do I door need to do.

Original review: May 12, 2019

My Original mortgage was sold to Seterus. From the moment they bought my mortgage, they would add fee upon fee, claim I was behind on payments then threaten foreclosure. When I talked to them on the phone, I would be told I owe a certain amount by a certain date. I would pay that and they would tell me the first person quoted me wrong, I really owed more. I struggled to keep my house. Thankfully it is paid off, and I paid thousands more than I should have. But I no longer have to deal with these awful people.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Spent 3 years being told my payments weren't up to date when they were. Having to constantly do modifications in order to get my mortgage current for them to tell me they weren't on time when they were taken right out of my account. Numerous payments and fees in suspense with no answer as to why. Threats of foreclosure constantly and my principal never seems to go down.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I could go back further, like 2016, when I realized I made 14 house payments to Seterus in 2016... Right figure that one out, and in 2017, My total amount of payments were 16 (there's only 12 months in a year). That doesn't even include the 50.00 fees I got charged for. Nothing in equity payments were higher and higher each month, and nobody had an explanation, pay or... Or what. I have no clue because the threats from employees told me if I don’t pay they will start a foreclosure process. Let's Start back in June 2018. I get a call from Seterus employee telling me my mortgage payment is late. I tell the guy on the phone I paid it on the 28th of May. He tells me they returned it to my bank because of funds.

My Chase Bank is the one that sent it you Moron... If I didn't have the money in there, they would have notified me that they wouldn't be able to send it. So Trevor from Seterus tells me instead of sending it again, because I have already been charged with the late fee, times 10, let's just send 2 payments in July. Absolutely not... what a Moron. Myself and my ex Husband argued with this guy for days, and they kept returning my payment. So I got yet several charges for no June payment but in July they held one payment and used the other for god knows what. They do everything in their power, to make you late, to charge fees they have no explanation for. I was behind in September 2018. My only suggestion was to modify the loan, I filled it out in September, and then was asked again to fill it out in October.

My modification started in December 2018. I paid the 1st payment, in January 2019. I was denied to make a payment in January 2019, which by the way my 2nd and 3rd payments raised over 126.00. NO SETERUS this was not the agreement. Nothing could be done until the new Lender took over. We all know you make all payments on time. The employees of Seterus hung up on me. Latasha who was actually considerate said to me "Best of luck with new company.” I was completely flipped out, new company takes over Mr. Cooper. Phillip from this company reassures me everything was going to be great and I was in good hands. That guy seriously deserves a Raise. I wish all employees everywhere were like him. The guy truly must love his job.

March 1st 2019 I was told to make a payment and when everything was transferred my loan modification would still be the same. Payment was returned, denied by Mr Cooper for loan modification, etc. No other options at all, Waited 30 days for underwriter, get a Note of Trustee Sale, a letter from Mr. Cooper stating they will not foreclose at this time. Please pay in full 9783.00 etc in full before we can reinstate you. Not a day goes by when I think to myself, How in the world could a company do this to me, let alone I have read over 10,000 people same stories same scenario.

I have contacted Fannie Mae, made an appointment hoping they would be able to help since Fannie Mae is the one who actually owns my home which fell through on their part, never heard back. I have researched so much. Yes I agree with a civil suit, Honest to God who has 10,000 which now as of April 18th, 2019 my total is up to almost 13,000 that doesn't include attorney fees from Seterus and new lender fees as well, I guess. Not one person from either company has offered any suggestions, I need help. I was told Seterus had over 5 payments from 2018 in suspense, yet why isn't that going towards my due amount, denied as usual, enough is enough. I have 30 days to pray to God my house undersales unfortunately, or the new Lender makes a 5 times profit on it. I honestly wish everyone the Best of Luck and hope that this is taken care of sooner than later.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Again like everybody else I had the worst experience “and” customer service with Seterus... Now I have actually lost my home to another mortgage company Mr Cooper which is the same loser less than efficient mortgage lender... Now after sending Seterus paperwork literally four times they claim they never received it and sold my Mortgage. BIG Disaster!!!! Now horrible Mr. Cooper has incurred $7000 in fees to reinstate My Loan... PLEASE PLEASE let’s start a Class Action Lawsuit Against Seterus. The rudest non efficient non professional mortgage lender in the USA.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)?

Original review: March 17, 2019

I could not be more happy to know my loan will now be serviced by Mr. Cooper/Nationstar. The folks at Seterus have an "edge" that is hard to describe. They are not friendly, not helpful, and this is true of everyone I've dealt with there except for the very last call I made, and that guy was great. But he's the only one. They have a sort of dead tone in their voice, and I suspect have not received any training in being a customer service rep on the telephone. And it comes across. Further, they kept jacking me around on my escrow balance, raising my payment amount, then lowering it when I made up the deficiency instead of just letting me know so I could prevent the change.

Most recently, I noticed I had been paying the wrong amount for months through my bank's autopay. I never received any notice my payment had gone up, and they kept letting my amount update the loan each month so it never showed past due. I used to work in mortgage servicing, and this is not how it's done. So, I called and got the amount needed to bring the escrow up to date and send it in. They applied it to a "suspense" account (what they do when they don't know what else to do with it). I called and they said it would clear into escrow and no worries.

I checked back in a few days and guess what...it was applied to principal! I called again. I'm so exasperated at their terrible tone of voice and crappy service, and their inability to track things like they should. I noticed a bunch in CA and NC are being laid off and I hope they have the sense to look for work in another field, like maybe trash collection where they don't have to deal with the public or make decisions about where money should be applied. Good riddance Seterus. You stink.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I feel sorry for the people that are out of work as of 3/1/19 but I’ll have to say, most of them were horrible to deal with. I was so thrilled to hear Seterus was sold and the new company didn’t retain any of the employees. Seterus was by far the worst consumer company to deal with. Horrible customer service. Never EVER provided the correct information. I was on a payment plan and each time I talked to them I got the 3rd degree as why I fell behind. How could I do that. How did I know it wasn’t going to happen again. Yet these idiots could never give me correct information. I hope for all of us the new company will be much better and treat us like human beings.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We started with Tammac Holdings Co. Got transferred to Dovenmuehle and now Seterus Inc. They all say we are behind. But when you call they don't want to talk. Now we just a letter got transferred again in just 12 1/2 years. This is our fourth time. Someplace called Nationstar Mortgage LLC in Dallas Texas. A Mr. Cooper. Really tired of this. I always send payment in early by at least 3 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Unfortunately you can't rate lower than 1 star. This company isn't even in the same solar system. There are not enough swear words in the English language to describe this company. They consistently lose paperwork, tell outright lies to you on the phone. Place payments in "suspense" accounts. "Forget" to send you a statement. Lose payments and then when you call, miraculously they find it but don't credit it and then charge a late fee. Run like hell from this company, even loan sharks and organized crime have better morals than this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Like everyone my mortgage was sold from CitiMortgage to SETERUS. What a nasty company and incompetent employees. They keep asking me to fax the same documents over and over again. My husband was laid off so we was left with no other choice but to file bankruptcy. They made it such a big deal, we tried so many times to refinance with SETERUS but they kept turning us around. Until finally we filed bankruptcy. What a nightmare. You can never get someone to speak the truth. They always blames one another.

It was so bad. Every time I tried to pay it took about 30 minutes for them to search if I had an attorney release form. I finally gave up and paid through the automated system. So much other problems I had with this company. I'm praying that God please take care of this company. Every time I make my payment the recording is telling me that I OWED for one more month. Please file CLASS action lawsuit against them. Please let's start a...

Seterus Company Information

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)
      www.seterus.com