Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My mortgage is serviced by Seterus. First off the website and my account on that website is almost unusable because every time you log in it asks you to change your password to move forward. About half the time it locks you out for trying to change your password and there is no way to deal with that without calling them and going through the 30 minutes of prompts to get to a real person. This happened recently when I tried to get my tax form online cause the envelope they sent me in January that said "important tax info inside" only had my bill. It's March and I'm still trying to get my tax info from them.

Because they are primarily a collection agency they treat me like a bill dodger, calling two and three times a day if my payment is even one day past due but always well within the 16 day grace period. Who does that??? They overcharge for payment by phone but make paying on their website such a pain in the ass (see above) that you're either paying extra by phone or spending time and countless phone calls. They get your account on their website to work so you can still pay a buck of a service that should be simple and free. You don't pay extra at the grocery store that have the teller take your money do you? Let's put it this way, they make me wish they had never bought the service account for my mortgage from Fannie Mae. That's bad. I don't need to refinance but I might do it just to get away from Seterus. My credit union won't sell my contract.

Seterus Inc., should be put out of business. Never informed me when applying for modification loan, that there would be a $9000 balloon payment at the end of 5 years. Said it was in the agreement I signed, but failed to mention when applying. This company should be investigated for non disclosure. How does a business like this operate, by stealing your money without you even knowing it. I would have never have signed the loan had I been informed of a balloon payment. Thanks Seterus for making my retirement a nightmare.

How Can Seterus Forget Their Properties Address? I called Seterus in several occasion that I did not receive my Form 9080. Seterus forwarded the document 3X to different address. CRAZY! Money hunger Seterus. Foreclosure the Coy will not forget.

To describe my experience would be the worst experience of my life. I thought divorce was the worst but hands down dealing with this mortgage company is the worst experience by far. I have been given the run-around for over a year and getting nowhere. I have applied for a loan modification 3 times based on my hardship, i.e. divorce and income for over 14 months to date and no positive feedback. I am not in foreclosure but had a complete stranger from the mortgage company come to my home asking if anyone lived here and taking pictures of my home. Luckily my parents were over visiting and told the man to leave.

Where is the privacy, I have lived in my home for 15 years raising my two daughters. I have involved a 3rd party Non-Profit Assistance Agency to assist in reviewing my hardship and experience and I am confident I will be able to stay in my home. I am a single divorced Mom working two jobs to be able to provide for my two daughters and raise them in a safe environment. Shame on you Seterus for treating me like a 3rd class citizen. I am Middle Class citizen and will not accept anything but a loan modification based on my hardship. Warm Regards, Middle Class is still alive and breathing!

Until now I had no problem with Seterus. Today I talked to the rudest 2 people I have ever talked to. They always ask me my financials. Why do they need that? Very shady. If you are late but still in your grace period they call and harass you and ask you about your financials. I talked to someone named Asia who put her rude supervisor on the phone and she grilled & grilled me & was asking me what I do with my money? How dare you ask me what I do with my money! I am sent a complaint to the BBB & now I am reaching out here. I would love to be included into a class action lawsuit against this corrupt company! Does anyone know of any?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)?

Seterus has taken over my mortgage from Ocwen in 2015. It has been an absolute nightmare dealing with them. The customer service center is HORRIBLE!!! The representatives are poorly trained, do not know what they are talking about and take no initiatives to problem solve or help customers. Knowing that I would need help with my mortgage I tried to get ahead of the situation by reaching out to them early. I got the necessary paperwork together, sent it in and reached out to them numerous times via telephone. Each time I got a different representative with a different answer and different paperwork to fill out. I have now been dealing with them for 5 months because of paperwork. Nothing is being done for my mortgage and each time I call Seterus... I get a new knucklehead who has no clue what they are talking about. I give up! Trying to do the right time doesn't seem to work with this particular company. It's as though they want you to fail.

Our mortgage was sold to Setarus. We were renting the property after we moved. Had a rental agency. In July 2016 the renters stopped paying and caused damage your the home. We contacted a lawyer. They got out. We hired people to fix up the property to sell. There is a for sale sign and lock box. Only the lawyer, a family member and realtor have a key. It's fixed up and secured. We have been paying monthly. Our realtor informed us a company shut off all utilities. Inside and out. No idea how they got in.

When calling the mortgage company they said we had abandoned the property and they had to protect their investment. They gave us the runaround and blamed US for not living there. Really?? It was completely illegal for them to send a company in our home that is paid for every month, cared for by a rental property and has a for sale sign and lock box. How is that abandoned??? They give us no answers at all. They were very rude, and could give us no real answers. Kept saying "how do you know it's not abandoned?" BECAUSE WE PAY MONTHLY AND ARE SELLING IT!! We just put 15 grand into it, pay monthly, but they said it's abandoned. Our realtor was shocked at how they are doing things and recommend we sue them. We will be contacting a lawyer Monday. This is the worst company we have ever dealt with.

I know how the scam works. I figured it out. I called Fannie Mae and now they just keep me on the run adding charges through Seterus. Keep your records people. I need an attorney to contact me to get a lawsuit against this company going. Not behind but there are more than one players in this scam. Please please notify me ASAP. They are trying to take mine and other people's homes. Again I figured it out how they are doing it? I need help to bring them down. I can't do it alone but I have started the process?

My mortgage was sold to Seterus without my knowledge or consent. I have had nothing but horrible experiences with them since day one. First of all their staff are all rude and condescending. I usually pay my payments by or on the 16th and always by phone. Every time I get hammered with questions about my finances and threatened with pre foreclosure because I'm "late". They want to "go over my financials" and when I tell them that's not why I'm calling they say, "Are you refusing to discuss your financials?" I tell them my financials aren't going to change anything and clearly I pay the payments when I have the funds available.

I'm a single mother of 3 and do the best I can to always pay by or before the grace period. If I call past the grace period the harassment is 10 X's worse and that's when they threaten starting the pre foreclosure process. I've had to remind them over and over that once the payment I'm making goes through I'm not longer "late" but the questions and harassment about my financials keeps going until I insist she process my payment, get my confirmation number and end the call. The questions about my financials I'm assuming are to try and get me to apply for a modification which I'm not interested in doing. I have done them before and when I realized my PMI gets pushed out further and further with each mod, I won't be going that route again. Plus, the last modification pushed my mortgage to a 40 year and I didn't save much in the monthly payment. I shouldn't have agreed to it.

Recently on Feb 8th they called my job wanting to know where the February payment is and did I want to set it up. I asked why would they be calling me about February's payment on the 8th... 8 days before the grace period ends??!!! I told her to never call me at work again and to stop harassing me for a payment that isn't late. They have also tried forcing me to set up an auto draft of the next month's payment to which I have refused and once she told me I didn't have a choice. I refused, paid my payment and hung up. I dread calling in my payment every month because I know what's coming. I always feel bullied and harassed and I never ever felt that way with Citimortgage.

I don't usually write reviews but this time I'm going to take the time to write a bad review about Seterus mortgage company. It's been over a year since my account was sold to Seterus and so far my experience with them has been unpleasant. For example, I usually make my payments before the 16th of each month and with this company they constantly call on the 1st and question me about my financial situation. In my 14 years of talking to mortgage company, I never got questioned like the way Seterus aggressively questions my financial and income. This is really weird and I think they want people to fail in their payments for some reason. I feel suspicious with Seterus, something is up their sleeve. Does anyone know of an attorney that can look into cases like this?

Loan was sold to Seterus without any notice. Always get conflicting info from every person you talk to. Mirage went up $175. They are holding a homeowners insurance in a restricted escrow account (restricted carrying money for them). Was told to sign check, overnight it and they would send it back. Didn't happen. They are still holding the $6000 funds. They have the worst service I have seen in my life and no accountability from anyone. It's not my department is usually one of their answered.

As I was reading several reviews on here, I've noticed that we all have the same problems. If there is anyone that wants to start a legal action against these crooks. Please include me in. I am tired of every single friggin time I call, they go over the same information. But what they are fishing for is your private accounts and where and how you spend your own money. Please for the new and old customers that have been unwillingly placed with this fraud of a company... do not give out any personal information, which includes mainly your bank accounts, credit card bills, your income & anything else they can and will use against you. I have made multiple mortgage payments in the last 2 months and they are still saying I am behind. Good thing I have proof of all my payments and I do advise all to keep a log of conversations. So today as of 1/10/2017, I know I am caught up with payments and back on track. So Seterus be ready for a lawsuit.

This is the worst mortgage company ever. The customer service people are rude. One of the representative's services was so nasty to me I refused to talk to her. I am currently on my loan and they still call. I had to block their number. I am trying to refinance with my credit union just to get away from this horrible company.

I am a retired single person homeowner who is never delinquent. Every month I receive a letter saying I missed a payment. Recently I called them and asked to have these letters stopped as my payment is always made by the 15th of every month. I explained that my SS check comes every second Wednesday and therefore I could not pay on the first of the month. The representative then said that I wanted to stop all communication with Seterus and I replied that is not what I asked. I said if I was late I certainly would appreciate a reminder notice. She then put someone else on who I explained the same story to and she said I would have to write a letter to their office in Connecticut. It is very interesting that they record phone conversations for educational reasons and they cannot see any areas where improvement can be made. I look forward to the day when this mortgage will be paid off, just so I never have to deal with them again.

Our mortgage was with Chase and we did a loan modification. Our loan was sold to Seterus without our knowledge or consent. The ONLY way that they will allow us to pay them is through Western Union and every month we suspiciously owe a different amount. Then we have to go to Western Union's site to pay them. When we're lucky enough to receive an actual statement, it only shows credits and debits. We haven't ever gotten a detailed statement telling us WHERE our money is going.

After being under their thumbs for two years now (with our credit and the low interest we're locked into, we're stuck with them for now), they came to us YESTERDAY and said that Chase made an error with our escrow account, so they're raising our payments $77 a month and she wanted the money immediately. My husband put the call on speakerphone and I told her that we were "No longer going to be subject to their extortion and that we would contact the State Comptroller and Attorney General's Office".

They've gone out of their way to be curt, short, obnoxious, and rude. When we were recently behind a payment for a short time, but it was just a cash flow issue due to a wreck that could've killed my husband because it was so serious... They called harassing my sick and confused husband. Then, one of their employees tells him that "We might as well give up the keys for a short sale because we'd be better off walking away from it when they're just going to foreclose on it anyway." I'm convinced that the only reason that this company purchased low interest modifications, is so that they could make their money charging fees and betting that the properties would be foreclosed on since they were recently in distress. Please contact the Attorney General in your state. These crooks need to be stopped.

Seterus is actually an agent of USA Government. They are the puppets that our Government have employed to steal money & homes. If you are upside down they have no interest in your loan but to collect all they can. If you have large equity they are relentless in their scams and harassment. They mail letters to your homeowners insurer claiming the home is vacant when at the same time charging monthly occupancy checks. They know you will be canceled if your home is unoccupied, then they can place QBE insurance on it. They charge huge rates & kick back part of those funds to Seterus! My payments are paid by the US Trustee every month to not Seterus but Federal National Mortgage, the US Government. Seterus services the loan but Freddie Mac doesn't let them touch their money. Does that tell you something?

The worst thing about this bunch of criminals is that when you go to sell a home they serviced you will be paying for the air they created. Their accounting is at best questionable, at worst criminal. Class action may net a small percent of what they have taken from homeowners but they will skate with the Lions share of our hard earned money. Just remember who unleashed these predators, and crooks on you. It wasn't BOA, Chase, CITI, it was your government - Federal National Mortgage. Our battle is with our representatives in government for unleashing Seterus and covering their activity up to operate the Federal National Mortgage in a similar manner as the questionable IRS.

My loan from B of A was sold to Seterus. I was never late on my payments and I continue to make my payments within the grace period. My payment becomes due on 1st but is not late until after the 16th. I am called on the 2nd every month and harassed for an overdue payment consistently. Really??!!

Conflicting information -- from amount owed monthly, where to send payments (Chicago, Los Angeles), amount required for escrow, where to send, and amount of taxes owed. A truly frustrating, aggravating, and blood pressure raising experience. They identify themselves as a debt collector but I have no clue why Bank of America sold my mortgage to Seterus. Extremely confused and unprofessional phone staff.

My loan was sold by BofA to Seterus, much to my dismay. Everything had been running smoothly for 15 years. The transition was very messy. The last payment with BofA was not recorded properly by Seterus, automatic payments did not kick in properly after set-up, late payments penalties were charged, an escrow account was opened to collect taxes I had already paid, an insurance policy was opened when I already had insurance, many phone calls made, holding times of 25 minutes before being disconnected, total frustration with this company.

Trying to work with Seterus has been one of the worst experiences I have encountered. Their CUSTOMER SERVICES is horrible. First off I am not delinquent on my mortgage. I pay outside of the grace period due to excessive financial obligations. I contact Seterus Inc. several times to see what we can do because they informed me that my interest rate is going up which would make it more difficult to stay current and pay all my bills. I have kept in constant contact with them, they do not call back as promised, the customer service reps speak to you in a condescending manner, they are very rude and cut you off when speaking.

Today, I spoke to a poor excuse for a supervisor. She had the nerve to ask me "how are you experiencing a hardship, if you still pay the mortgage monthly?" It seem as if they want you to be so far delinquent before they will offer any assistance. Every time, I call they tell me to do something, I do it and then something change and they do not have the common courtesy to let me know that additional information is needed before labeling the case as closed for inadequate supporting document. Something definitely need to be done about these companies that they customers hard earned money every month but treat them as nothings whenever they need some assistance.

This company is unbelievable. They messed up on resting my increase of payment due to my escrow account. They sent 1 letter with a new payment amount and then 1 month later sent another letter with a different amount. The 2nd letter I did not receive until after the payment for that month was due. They have been charging me late fees for a year that I refuse to pay. I have filed a claim with my Senator's office and Attorney General. Everyone who has been in situations with payment and late fees with this company need to do that. This company is ridiculous. You cannot talk to anyone that actually understands what you are talking about and are told too many times you have to write a letter. They hide behind the letter writing and never do anything to see what is right by the customer. I have never been late on my mortgage but I refuse to pay them late fees for an error they made.

After a divorce, I struggled financially. Seterus added more and more charges to my loan, for "inspections", late fees, and partial payments. When I finally stabilized with a new job and solid income, I tried to work with Seterus to catch up (about $3,000). I made regular payments, however, Seterus "accounting" takes current payments to pay fees and late charges, resulting in a record of partial payments, which were held in a separate account. That led to increasing number of late fees, etc. I was told that if I did not agree to a "work-out" plan my loan would be foreclosed. However I "might be able (if the service agent could "convince" the manager) to avoid foreclosure if I accepted a repayment plan (that I was not sure I could do).

I tried to contact Seterus for a month begin my repayment, but phoned several times to hear "our office is temporarily closed. Please call back later." I made my regular payment to Seterus, but now see it has been returned to my account. I'm guessing now I will be billed for more late fees and other charges. This company is deceptive, and is not supportive of its customers. I also was a transferred loan (8 years ago) done by Chase Bank with no notice.

I am so ANGRY with Seterus Inc. I made a monthly payment but put some extra towards my escrow. They applied the entire amount towards escrow. I have called 5 times (at about 45 minutes per call) and sent 2 fax. My mortgage is now a month past due and hurting my credit and still no resolve. The last call I made landed me with an extremely rude manager who insisted on doing NOTHING to help me resolve this issue.

Oh My Lord!!! My mortgage was sold to Seterus from Chase. Neither Company is good. Since Seterus took over my mortgage, there hasn't been any welcome package - nothing. I have called every day since 10/1/2016 and they have never once returned my calls. I have also been on hold as long as 2 1/2 hours and then they disconnect me. This is truly annoying. How do they expect you to pay your mortgage? Also can't get on the online sign in without a loan number. I am getting so frustrated. This company stinks.

Seterus foreclosed on my home after I was working with them to get a loan modification. I have lawsuit going against them, they are very dishonest. I realize now, once they realized the equity I had in the property it was a catalyst to foreclose for them. Anybody else in a lawsuit against them for foreclosure in California?

Since our mortgage was transferred from Bank of America to Seterus, Inc. it has been a disaster. Most of the representatives are not knowledgeable with my account and have given me the wrong information because they don't bother to read the previous notations made by previous representatives. The modification we signed was coerced on us under time constraints as were told that the Judge that was handling our case said that we had to make a decision that day, and we were not told all of the details before we were told to sign the modification. As it turns out we were given a lower interest rate with a 40 year mortgage that we have no hope of being able to pay off due to our ages, nor can we get the house refinanced by anyone other than Seterus, Inc.

I've dealt with this horrible company for years, unfortunately. My mortgage was sold to them twice so I had no say in the matter. I really wish we could control what company services our mortgages because Seterus would definitely go out of business! They are basically incompetent on the phone, there is no email address on their website to contact them, and their statements are difficult to understand.

First major error they made was years ago. My address is very long and their computer cut off my condo unit number on the letters they were trying to mail me so I missed several crucial documents for my loan modification. As a result, when I figured out what was going on, my loan modification had expired so I had to start the paperwork all over again (and this paperwork took a long time to fill out). This delayed my modification by months. That's money I could have really used! Second major error just occurred. Without my permission (written or verbal) they went into my bank account and took my loan payment. They did this twice. I didn't know they had done this so I wrote 2 checks to them. That's when I started bouncing checks and was getting slapped with fees.

I ended up making 4 payments to them in the space of 2 months and I can't afford that! And today is Sunday, so they don't answer the phone on Sunday. My entire checking and savings accounts are wiped out and I have zero money to my name until I get paid on Thursday. I am aghast at this "company". I wish I could escape from them!

They took over my loan in November 2015. It was behind at the time, but they were saying it was far worse than it was. I had to pay them what they asked for 6 months, all the time asking them where the extra money was going. Finally after 6 months they agreed I had over paid by 2 months but still would not refund any money, instead they gave me the next 2 months with no payments. This did not make up for the financial bind they had put me in for 6 months with my other creditors or for forcing me to get behind on my utilities for risk of losing my home. Another thing which is still I was questioning was where an additional payment of 30.00 they were taking each month was going.

It's been 11 months and this has still not been answered satisfactorily to me. They had told me it was escrow for taxes originally, but they did not pay the taxes until they were 4 months late and I questioned it after my name was in the paper for being delinquent on my taxes. And they sent me a new escrow analysis raising it from 30.00 to 75.00. At this time I complained again as to where the escrow money had been going to and was told homeowners insurance. I explained that I had been paying my own insurance and that my insurance company had notified them of this twice and that Seterus' own insurance department had told me they were aware of it.

Now they told me I would have to send in writing by regular mail a request to stop escrow for insurance. I wrote them a letter asking them to stop, explaining I had my own insurance and to please let me know where the escrow money had been going. Seterus has just sent me several documents saying they have been paying my insurance and that they have not received any information about my insurance coverage. My homeowners' insurance company says they have only received payments from me. That they have double checked to make sure I don't have two policies and I don't, and that they have contacted Seterus a couple times. My complaint is that If I have been paying 2 insurance policies then I should be due a credit and that I have been over charged multiple times.

I accidentally made two mortgage payments. They WILL NOT look in to their OWN system and see a duplicate payment was made and return it. This requires letters... TWO LETTERS FROM MY BANK to be faxed to them. From that point the letter MAY be viewed in a day and then, IF APPROVED, I will get a paper check IN THE MAIL anytime after 14 days. This all means that they are responsible for NO CUSTOMER service to me. All of this is my responsibility to push through their system. Two letters WERE faxed over. They didn't like that particular verbiage but nobody was going to call me and tell me this. There is absolutely no help and no one that can do ANYTHING but continue to repeat the chain of events I described above. Meaning shut up and wait. If your bank can choose another mortgage lender I would steer clear of Seterus!!!

I came out of bankruptcy at the end of Feb. 2016. I made a payment in Mar. and Apr. 2016 then was told in June that my payment was a month behind. Computers updated? I am still showing behind. My attorney sent them a letter and final discharge of bankruptcy. I have also had a letter on file from my attorney for at least 2 years that I could speak to them about loan questions or issues. Now last payment I got told by some idiot I had no letter. Got that straightened out.

Now this month I get told the letter is about escrow only. They got cussed out. Made my payment electronically. Also a few days ago I received a letter that my escrow is $600 short even though my payment increased $32 a month only 3 months ago for escrow adjustment. These people seem intent on screwing their customers at any chance they get. Trying to get my finances back in order, but keep getting kicked in the teeth by corporate greed. Sure as hell no way to run a customer service company. POOR!!!

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services) Company Profile

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)