Seterus
1.14/5

Looking for a loan company?

Seterus

formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services

Looking for a loan company?

367 Seterus Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

My Original mortgage was sold to Seterus. From the moment they bought my mortgage, they would add fee upon fee, claim I was behind on payments then threaten foreclosure. When I talked to them on the phone, I would be told I owe a certain amount by a certain date. I would pay that and they would tell me the first person quoted me wrong, I really owed more. I struggled to keep my house. Thankfully it is paid off, and I paid thousands more than I should have. But I no longer have to deal with these awful people.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Spent 3 years being told my payments weren't up to date when they were. Having to constantly do modifications in order to get my mortgage current for them to tell me they weren't on time when they were taken right out of my account. Numerous payments and fees in suspense with no answer as to why. Threats of foreclosure constantly and my principal never seems to go down.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I could go back further, like 2016, when I realized I made 14 house payments to Seterus in 2016... Right figure that one out, and in 2017, My total amount of payments were 16 (there's only 12 months in a year). That doesn't even include the 50.00 fees I got charged for. Nothing in equity payments were higher and higher each month, and nobody had an explanation, pay or... Or what. I have no clue because the threats from employees told me if I don’t pay they will start a foreclosure process. Let's Start back in June 2018. I get a call from Seterus employee telling me my mortgage payment is late. I tell the guy on the phone I paid it on the 28th of May. He tells me they returned it to my bank because of funds.

My Chase Bank is the one that sent it you Moron... If I didn't have the money in there, they would have notified me that they wouldn't be able to send it. So Trevor from Seterus tells me instead of sending it again, because I have already been charged with the late fee, times 10, let's just send 2 payments in July. Absolutely not... what a Moron. Myself and my ex Husband argued with this guy for days, and they kept returning my payment. So I got yet several charges for no June payment but in July they held one payment and used the other for god knows what. They do everything in their power, to make you late, to charge fees they have no explanation for. I was behind in September 2018. My only suggestion was to modify the loan, I filled it out in September, and then was asked again to fill it out in October.

My modification started in December 2018. I paid the 1st payment, in January 2019. I was denied to make a payment in January 2019, which by the way my 2nd and 3rd payments raised over 126.00. NO SETERUS this was not the agreement. Nothing could be done until the new Lender took over. We all know you make all payments on time. The employees of Seterus hung up on me. Latasha who was actually considerate said to me "Best of luck with new company.” I was completely flipped out, new company takes over Mr. Cooper. Phillip from this company reassures me everything was going to be great and I was in good hands. That guy seriously deserves a Raise. I wish all employees everywhere were like him. The guy truly must love his job.

March 1st 2019 I was told to make a payment and when everything was transferred my loan modification would still be the same. Payment was returned, denied by Mr Cooper for loan modification, etc. No other options at all, Waited 30 days for underwriter, get a Note of Trustee Sale, a letter from Mr. Cooper stating they will not foreclose at this time. Please pay in full 9783.00 etc in full before we can reinstate you. Not a day goes by when I think to myself, How in the world could a company do this to me, let alone I have read over 10,000 people same stories same scenario.

I have contacted Fannie Mae, made an appointment hoping they would be able to help since Fannie Mae is the one who actually owns my home which fell through on their part, never heard back. I have researched so much. Yes I agree with a civil suit, Honest to God who has 10,000 which now as of April 18th, 2019 my total is up to almost 13,000 that doesn't include attorney fees from Seterus and new lender fees as well, I guess. Not one person from either company has offered any suggestions, I need help. I was told Seterus had over 5 payments from 2018 in suspense, yet why isn't that going towards my due amount, denied as usual, enough is enough. I have 30 days to pray to God my house undersales unfortunately, or the new Lender makes a 5 times profit on it. I honestly wish everyone the Best of Luck and hope that this is taken care of sooner than later.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Again like everybody else I had the worst experience “and” customer service with Seterus... Now I have actually lost my home to another mortgage company Mr Cooper which is the same loser less than efficient mortgage lender... Now after sending Seterus paperwork literally four times they claim they never received it and sold my Mortgage. BIG Disaster!!!! Now horrible Mr. Cooper has incurred $7000 in fees to reinstate My Loan... PLEASE PLEASE let’s start a Class Action Lawsuit Against Seterus. The rudest non efficient non professional mortgage lender in the USA.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I could not be more happy to know my loan will now be serviced by Mr. Cooper/Nationstar. The folks at Seterus have an "edge" that is hard to describe. They are not friendly, not helpful, and this is true of everyone I've dealt with there except for the very last call I made, and that guy was great. But he's the only one. They have a sort of dead tone in their voice, and I suspect have not received any training in being a customer service rep on the telephone. And it comes across. Further, they kept jacking me around on my escrow balance, raising my payment amount, then lowering it when I made up the deficiency instead of just letting me know so I could prevent the change.

Most recently, I noticed I had been paying the wrong amount for months through my bank's autopay. I never received any notice my payment had gone up, and they kept letting my amount update the loan each month so it never showed past due. I used to work in mortgage servicing, and this is not how it's done. So, I called and got the amount needed to bring the escrow up to date and send it in. They applied it to a "suspense" account (what they do when they don't know what else to do with it). I called and they said it would clear into escrow and no worries.

I checked back in a few days and guess what...it was applied to principal! I called again. I'm so exasperated at their terrible tone of voice and crappy service, and their inability to track things like they should. I noticed a bunch in CA and NC are being laid off and I hope they have the sense to look for work in another field, like maybe trash collection where they don't have to deal with the public or make decisions about where money should be applied. Good riddance Seterus. You stink.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I feel sorry for the people that are out of work as of 3/1/19 but I’ll have to say, most of them were horrible to deal with. I was so thrilled to hear Seterus was sold and the new company didn’t retain any of the employees. Seterus was by far the worst consumer company to deal with. Horrible customer service. Never EVER provided the correct information. I was on a payment plan and each time I talked to them I got the 3rd degree as why I fell behind. How could I do that. How did I know it wasn’t going to happen again. Yet these idiots could never give me correct information. I hope for all of us the new company will be much better and treat us like human beings.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We started with Tammac Holdings Co. Got transferred to Dovenmuehle and now Seterus Inc. They all say we are behind. But when you call they don't want to talk. Now we just a letter got transferred again in just 12 1/2 years. This is our fourth time. Someplace called Nationstar Mortgage LLC in Dallas Texas. A Mr. Cooper. Really tired of this. I always send payment in early by at least 3 weeks.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Unfortunately you can't rate lower than 1 star. This company isn't even in the same solar system. There are not enough swear words in the English language to describe this company. They consistently lose paperwork, tell outright lies to you on the phone. Place payments in "suspense" accounts. "Forget" to send you a statement. Lose payments and then when you call, miraculously they find it but don't credit it and then charge a late fee. Run like hell from this company, even loan sharks and organized crime have better morals than this company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Like everyone my mortgage was sold from CitiMortgage to SETERUS. What a nasty company and incompetent employees. They keep asking me to fax the same documents over and over again. My husband was laid off so we was left with no other choice but to file bankruptcy. They made it such a big deal, we tried so many times to refinance with SETERUS but they kept turning us around. Until finally we filed bankruptcy. What a nightmare. You can never get someone to speak the truth. They always blames one another.

It was so bad. Every time I tried to pay it took about 30 minutes for them to search if I had an attorney release form. I finally gave up and paid through the automated system. So much other problems I had with this company. I'm praying that God please take care of this company. Every time I make my payment the recording is telling me that I OWED for one more month. Please file CLASS action lawsuit against them. Please let's start a...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I lived in my house 2 full years after my separation. They raised my escrow over a hundred a month. A representative from the company told me to send in my divorce papers and they would reissue the escrow check to me and not both me and my ex. I paid every penny into escrow which is totally separate from equity. The idiot on the phone suggested I have a quick claim deed taking my ex off the deed. She said this after talking to a supervisor, full well knowing I closed on the property 2 months ago. I was dumbfounded at their stupidity. They are clueless, they lie and I don't understand how they are in business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

For the last eight years I have had to deal with this company and their website. If you don't update your password every 3 months, then it locks you out and you have to call them (ugh) and spend 30 minutes on the phone getting it reset. Now, I sell my house and pay off the loan, and they arbitrarily disconnect my paperless documents stating the account is closed. I call to get paperless turned back on and was told that I am no longer eligible since the account was paid in full. So now I can't pull up any prior statements or information, and can't obtain payoff and escrow balances to verify any over-payment at closing to anticipate refunds. Every time I talk with their customer service, they speak to me like I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about. So glad to be DONE with Seterus!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Unable to give this company any stars but rating was required. Don’t know how they are still in business! Stay far away from this mortgage company. They lie and are very unethical. I divorced in 2007 leaving the ex with the house in divorce agreements. He was solely responsible. In or around 2012 they allowed him to modify the mortgage and put my name on it without my knowledge or signature, house went into repo. They stated they tried to locate me for repo papers. I lived in the same house for 9 years and worked for same company for 28 years. When it came to Court we had to request the signed documents by me 3 times. 8 months later they were unable to locate me, but when I called after finding out they told me they used my signature from the original mortgage. I could go on and on to make a long story short. They paid nothing for their unprofessional actions. Please don’t use this company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought my first house. Original loan was Chase then they sold it 4 times. Finally ended up with Seterus. They are the worst lender ever. I have since moved and rent the property. I have had 2 deadbeat renters in last year and I had to pay mortgage late. When I called to pay my mortgage they harassed me asking every financial debt I have and why I’m late and it’s costing me more money paying late fees. I don’t understand why they ask every debt I have, cost of my food for a week, cost of fuel, all loans. It was ridiculous. It’s not like they wanna work with me and give me a principal reduction. So last time I talked to them they started again asking all these questions. I told them I was just calling to pay my bill. They said they would not accept payment until I answered all their questions.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Earlier this year I lent my sister $175,000. to pay off her mortgage with Seterus. This is the amount they told us would pay off the whole mortgage but they are still collecting fees and will not tell us what these fees are for. The fees increase at least $1000.00 a month and we can't get a new payoff amount from them. They are scamming us. Stay away from them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I am a former lender-customer of GMAC, then about 5 years ago my account was sold to Seterus. In those 5 years I've had practically no issues. With GMAC, they double charged me once, and for reasons unknown failed to include my property taxes in my impound account, putting me in a very stressful situation. Nearly all mortgage companies insist payment be on the 1st of the month, but Seterus allows me to pay as late as the 14th. This is important because I don't get paid till the 13th and I'm on a fixed income. I've read mostly negative reviews on Seterus, but have had the opposite experience.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I filed chapter 13 and Seterus wanted me to do a loan modification to which I refused. They and their attorneys filed for foreclosure, I paid by wire transfer which they quoted the payments and attorney's fees will be reinstalling me and good until July 15, 2018. I wired transferred from Wells Fargo bank. Well, they sent a letter with over $10,000 dated July 18, 2018 which made no sense. The customer service rep said, "that is just a periodic report we are sending to you, not a default letter, you are not in foreclosure again."

Makes no sense when 30 days after my realtor finds a package for foreclosure in the same amount for over $10,000 in attorney's fees. So, I wrote a letter to dispute, called numerous times to see if they receive my 2 fax letters, to which the CSR all said over and over to wait up to 30 days, they can give answers right away or take up to 30 days. Last CSR said "no, it's 30 business days, you are wrong." How am I wrong to get the same information over and over from the same CSR? My escrow closed and I received a letter stating they receive both letters, but closed my case due to the closing of escrow. Who sees that Seterus Inc. failed to get back to me in a timely manner and give the break down for my dispute? They are horrible and are unethical! Please contact me if you are in a lawsuit with Seterus Inc. I would like be part of.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had a flood and had NO issues getting funds from my insurance company. But the bank has had check for over 6 weeks and won't release funds. They leave messages to call them back, when you do you get a different rep. who doesn't know what's going on. They have asked for the same paperwork in 10 different ways. I have been waiting for 5 days for a manager to call me back. I am out of pocket for the contractor and the bank doesn't accept a cancelled check as proof of payment (REALLY!!!). Every day I get more and more frustrated... Currently waiting for my attorney to call me back to review avenues available to get my own money!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I refinanced my home from 30 to 15 years, set up with automatic monthly payments via Navy Federal Credit Union, was receiving mailed paper monthly statements and had no issues or contact with Seterus until the last and final payment for May 2018. I had calculated that my final payment should be a little less than the monthly automatic payment and was going to adjust my last automatic payment to match the final statement I expected in April 2018. I received my monthly statement in March but did not receive a mailed paper statement in April 2018, so I called Seterus and encountered the rude and deceptive total failure of honest customer service, being told they were not going to provide me the last statement.

I left my automatic payment as it was and let it pay at the end of April 2018, and continued to try and get Seterus to provide a statement, which I have still never received as of November 2018. I did verify Seterus forwarded to the county that my loan was paid off so I could receive the title, which has still not happened either. About a week ago we discovered our credit score had dropped from 850 to 736 right after my final payment was made. My wife researched and discovered it was for a "late payment" reported by Seterus even though there were no late or missing payments - ever. I am now going to file this as a fraudulent business practice with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and consult with legal counsel. I recommend everyone else who have been subjected to Seterus fraudulent business practices should do the same.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

This company is the worst company I have to deal with in my life. They really are scammer. Worst customer service and the rudest people are there. When they took over from the original mortgage company I was with they didn't record one of my payment so they put it on my credit as late even I have proof I sent my payment to original bank. That thing they did for my credit hurt me for years. I am going to pay off the mortgage just to not deal with these scammer liar. I have so many investment properties and worked with many different lender but I never seen company even close to be as bad as them. As big advise don't work with them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I called them today to get some reprieve from my mortgage considering that I have been unable to work because of the extended damage due to hurricane Florence in my area. They have refused and plan to report my neglect of payment to the credit agencies. I am a substitute teacher and daycare provider and I have been unable to work due to school and daycare cancellations to allow for evacuations. These people are garbage.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

This firm has basically stolen my home. When Bank of America sold my ON TIME NEVER BEEN LATE mortgage to this scam company they took the $ out of my account but never credited it to my mortgage. I had proof I paid. Didn't matter. Even though this company told me that they were only authorized to "collect" the money owed they were not authorized to act as a mortgage lender. HAH! My home was foreclosed practically on the 30th anniversary of the day I moved in. My stellar credit rating was destroyed, I used all of my savings, investments, retirement savings, loans, etc until there was nothing less. Actually I should probably complain about bank of America. This was the company that decided it was okay to sell my perfectly good mortgage to these scam artists.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Our original loan was sold to Seterus. Immediately they informed us we were one month behind. I spent 6 months sending the proof that we were current and asked them to provide me the information as to what month and year we did not pay. For 6 months I paid late fees. I finally gave up and paid the extra month - what a rip off! We have had to hail claims and they require the insurance money be sent to them and they hold it until all repairs are complete. When repairs were completed, I notified them. They said they would send an inspector out. 1 month later still no inspector and no money. I called again - they refuse to let you email them - which makes sense - then you have no proof that you contacted them. 2 months later, still no claims money returned to us and no inspector. I then wrote a letter and sent it certified, overnight.

2 weeks later, no response from them and I was getting threatened with collection from the roofing company. I had paid the roofers my deductible but the roofing cost was over $20,000. I sent them $5000 of my own money. Finally, after 5 months from the initial notice that repairs were completed they sent partial payment and 2 weeks later the inspector showed up. About 2 weeks later I received the final check. I filed a complaint with my state but was only told that they keep a file of complaints and will use them if they decide to look at the mortgage company. This company needs to be shut down!!! My husband and I are refinancing just to get away from them! WARNING - DO NOT USE SETERUS INC!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I called on 06/14/2018. Made full payment for June and all the principal balance I was told that I should be expecting a charge for around $30 fee but that was ok with me. I went this fare. I can handle $30 and then Jul 2 I get statement payoff amount for 680 and some change which the due date was 7/12/2018 through wire transfer. I made that payment on time 7/11/2018 and the 13th. I get the check for the June payment on mail returned from Seterus because it wasn't made in time. I call them. Spoke with Barbara manager but it took me nowhere. I'm still responsible to pay the returned amount. All she could tell me was that she will retrain her employee for giving me wrong info. This is the way that they are dragging my payoff and is a shame we people work so hard to get to this point to finish our mortgage and we have to deal with scams. This rip off companies. Shame, shame.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This is one the worst companies for customer service! My customer service experience with a rep name Jodiesha was the most traumatizing experience I have ever had. I call in to rearrange a payment I set up a few week earlier being I have been experiencing a little hardship along with grief. I was told by the previous person Kerri that if I had any problem with the date of my payment to call back. She was very kind and helpful (I wish I could have talk to her again). When I called back in I was made to talk and explain why I needed to change date and humiliated at the same time. No one should be made to feel this way.

I explain to her to the best of my ability I need to split my two payments dates keeping the first original date but extending if needed the other payment. I was pressured and told it could not be changed at first (very rude and streetish). Then ask what’s the reason (where is money coming from)! I told her I really didn’t want to talk about it. Feeling overwhelm by this time I had to talk about the death benefits of my mother that I was expecting. No words can be put together how humiliating and sad I felt after my interaction with this woman. She did not say I’m sorry to hear about your loss (that’s what a human would have done and move on). I was choked for words. I didn’t want to cry on the phone.

Customer service is not top priority with this company! I had already explain to Kerri (the first person I set up arrangements with) my financial situation (out of packet medical expense and other). Jodiesha needs to be train in customer service. First her attitude! (Nice and nasty at the same time). As a borrower it’s important to me to keep in touch with my loan servicer and to contact them if a question or problem arise. That's what I did and got a very negative experience.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I in 2016 somehow ended up with the idiots as my loan servicer. Immediately an up to date account was a month behind, I have sent these thieves proof 5 times in 2 years. They violate the law by withholding money from payments to pay supposed late fees, they threaten me monthly with foreclosure. They have sent these supposed property inspectors to my home every month. These people have taken pictures through windows, opened doors and walked into my home scaring my elderly mother to death. The topper was when I found one of their people in my backyard looking in my garage. He had opened the door and I asked him who he was and what he was doing and he turned around and threatened me with a semi automatic pistol. He told me if I knew what was good for me I would stay the ** out of his way. These people are nothing but gangsters and thieves. I would love a class action suit against them.

Original review: May 3, 2018

This is the most awful loan company I have ever dealt with. In trying to see if I can file a lawsuit. They are literally ruining my life. My mortgage was originally with CitiBank and Seterus bought it over. I'm trying to buy my mother's house and it's a nightmare because Seterus does not update credit reports. They refuse to due to my chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2009. Almost 10 years ago. They also will not tell me if there's something wrong like my payment didn't go through online due to their website because they say I need a reaffirmation on my bankruptcy which Bankruptcy lawyers, real estate lawyers told me they don't do reaffirmation on mortgages only vehicles. No one can help me.

Seterus told me if I write them a letter to update my credit report they would so I wrote the letter and called today and they said they got the letter but cannot update the credit report. Now trying to buy another house since they didn't notify me a payment didn't go through. It shows on a 2 year history that I'm late for a year which now banks don't want to give me a loan. It's literally haunting me and ruining my life. They also can't communicate and all the workers are not on the same page and gives false information. I'm desperate for help at this point. I don't know what to do. Any lawyers that can help me???

Original review: May 2, 2018

Our initial loan -- Citimortgage -- was sold to these crooks. We continued to make payment on the loan for several years until with one last payment we requested a pay-off. Seterus contacted us with a pay-off amount of $8-900.00 which we paid within the timeframe noted on their pay-off notice. We thus assumed our home would be free and clear and Seterus would release the title to us BUT that is not what happened. Instead within 30 days we received four separate bills for four separate amounts -- in one bill we were told to pay $200+, in another $900+, in another $900 (but different) but in the last bill we were told that we would have to continue to make payments for at least another year., i.e. thousands of dollars.

The company was contacted on no less than three times in the past week -- and each time no one could give us an answer -- "let me research that and get back with you". To date no one from Seterus has contacted us -- so we have faithfully paid the full sum due as per their payback agreement yet still don't hold title to our home. This company needs to be shut down, a full audit of their records pursued and all those implicated in their misdeeds sent to prison. This company is evil!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

I was recently denied for a mortgage modification, we have reinstatement date of 4/27/18, we have come up with about a 1/3 of the reinstatement amount. We are happy to move forward with our regular mortgage payment and pay the areas over time on top of the regular mortgage payment. I have reached out to Seterus and Fannie Mae which owns my loan. Fannie Mae advised it was escalating my case and I should hear something in 1-2 weeks. I really don't have time to wait and we do want to stay in our home. Has anyone ever found success in a forbearance plan where I pay a lump sum, continue the monthly mortgage, pay an additional on top of that until we are current. This is our only hope. Reinstatement or foreclosure, there has to be another option for someone that can afford the payment and not want to walk away from the Mortgage.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Our loan was sold to Seterus without our consent and we have been living a nightmare ever since. Seterus charges all sorts of astronomical fees and can't give an explanation of anything when you call. You can never talk to the same person twice, and they never tell you the same thing twice. This company uses the threat of foreclosure to cheat innocent people out of their money. Fannie Mae should be ashamed to deal with this company and if someone begins a class action suit, I would be a part of it. They try to force you into a modification that will have you owing triple what you owe on your home.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Thanks to HSBC's deceptive escrow practices landed us in bankruptcy to avoid foreclosure. You owe $4000. go to pay it, "We can't accept it." Now it's $8000, go to pay it, "We can't accept it..." On and On. 3 months before discharge of bankruptcy Nov. 2015 the loan is transferred to Seterus. Nov 19 they send a letter: Unpaid Interest: $5010.58. Foreclosure: $564.92. Advances on behalf of borrower: 564.92. Valuation Costs $85.00. Sent to lawyer and mailed a letter reminding them of our bankruptcy.

Then force placed $5500.00 windstorm insurance on the account. HSBC did not require windstorm ins. Seterus did not notify us until December 24. RESPA requires they send 2 notices before force placing a policy. Immediately obtained private insurance and notified them in January. In March they still had no record of receiving it. I sent it by fax and mail and the agent sent it. In January bankruptcy ended, Seterus signed the notice of Final Cure Payment, meaning our account was paid and current up to Jan 26 and we would begin making the payments effective Feb 1, 2016 (bankruptcy trustee made the payments during bankruptcy).

By March our account was "still in bankruptcy status and they were not allowed to talk to us." Lawyer had to send letter again. By June we haven't received statements or anything so we call, still in bankruptcy status. Lawyer sent letter again. Sometime around August I'm locked out of the website to pay. Call, it's in bankruptcy. Talked to someone who seemed helpful and said he took care of it.

December 2016 we receive no escrow statement but a fat escrow refund check for $2700 overage. Fast forward 2017 still not receiving statements. (ALL payments to date are made 3 days before due. Locked out of website intermittently which indicates they put us back into bankruptcy status. (our poor lawyer) Sept 2017 we're hit by hurricane. So we call about forbearance JUST IN CASE. Both out of work over a week, no electricity and damage to the house. Bankruptcy status, talk to bankruptcy dept. She disparaged every person in the company. How stupid they are, incompetent, she sees it all the time, they enter the wrong codes, she could kick someones **.

She tells me, "Forbearance is not automatic, you have to be approved (NO YOU DONT) it will take 2-3 weeks before they notify you, you have to sign and return for the program to become active." Meanwhile 90 min later she claims our account is out of bankruptcy and all is good. My husband and I decided that we did not need/want to use the forbearance partially due to Seterus incompetence. No added nightmares needed.

December we receive our FIRST STATEMENT EVER. Showing a payment past due. Called. RUDE, no help, can't find or explain anything just "you have to write to request account history." I did. Received it, jibberish. Lawyer fees, inspection fees, corporate advancement fees. Almost $1200 in fees. Sent copies of all payments including bank statements. Called again. Tried to explain, had a manager involved. This time they say it goes back to the account with HSBC (It can't. Seterus signed Final Cure. We started at 0 except principal balance). They get nasty, "I'm not a bankruptcy lawyer. You have to call the records dept. They're not here now call tomorrow. Oh and by the way your account IS IN Forbearance." (We never signed the agreement).

Now I go back to my lawyer. Sent for QWR, and authorization for the lawyer to talk to them. Takes them 4 weeks. Which, they declined to answer 40% of the questions. Meanwhile I go online to pay, locked out again. Call to make a payment, go directly to bankruptcy dept. "Are you represented by a lawyer? We can't talk to you unless your lawyer sends letter that you can. Lawyer is the guardian and gate-keeper of your account" Really? I just want to pay.

Then I get the berating, 100 questions. To date, there is no clear accounting of the supposed late payment but they aren't charging any late fees. Lawyer fees will be more than the supposed shortage so I'm banging my head against the wall and looking into Hope.org and local mortgage help. Wish I could get out from under them but credit post bankruptcy. :-/ Oh and they have never recorded our account on our credit so technically we have to mortgage but thankfully aren't reporting the "past due payment." Sorry all.

Seterus Company Information

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)
      www.seterus.com