Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Seterus is stealing my escrow. Escrow fell behind in 2016, in 2107 sent amount to catch up. In 2017 made payment with additional amount to cover all escrow needed for 2017. Trying to make payoff. Seterus is asking for the same amount that I already included with payment. Plus for my payoff amount they asked for bogus amount above my normal payment amount to cover escrow. If I sent in the amount they are asking for to cover escrow I would be approx. 800.00 over the amount needed for escrow. And they have not paid my past due Real Estate taxes yet. So wish me luck with this well known unethical 'debt collector'. Fannie Mae you should be proud. I'm sure you have lots of very happy customers. By the way, they take 35 days to respond to a fax. They ask that you call them that way there is no written proof of your correspondence. Cover yourself when dealing with a less than trustworthy corporation.

I am going to sell my house just to get away from this company. This is what happened to me. I contacted Seterus, Inc. in late June of 2015 and I informed them that at that time I was caring for a family member who had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He died on 06/29/2015. He lived in Westchester County, NY and I live in Suffolk County, NY. I informed the person I spoke to that due to mounting expenses related to the care of my family member the July payment would be late, a few days beyond the 15 day grace period. Those expenses included daily round trip travel in excess of 100 miles and round trip toll charges that in the NY metropolitan area are simply outrageous. My expenses also included airline tickets for elderly relatives who lived out of state.

"You don't have to make a late payment," I was told. The Seterus Customer Service Rep. presented the option of dividing the July 2015 payment into 6 monthly installments that would be added to the subsequent monthly mortgage payments but that in order to do so I would have to set up automatic withdrawals of the corresponding amounts from my checking account. I specifically asked if this arrangement would negatively impact my credit report and was assured that due to the fact that the payments had been set up as auto-pay, this would “not even show up on the credit reports, guaranteed”. As a result of the information provided to me by their employee, I agreed to the arrangement.

Needless to say, the assurances given me were incorrect, either the person I spoke to was woefully misinformed or they flat out lied to me for reasons I can only speculate upon. Not only did the late payment appear on my credit reports, it appears as 6 months of late payments. (Equifax) Also, what they told me was a processing fee is listed in their written response as a late charge assessment. In the first place, had I been truthfully informed, I would not have agreed to this arrangement. In future financial dealings, that one late payment could be explained and the explanation bolstered by showing the death certificate, etc. But 6 late payments is another matter entirely. And second, there were not 6 late payments; the subsequent payments were made automatically and on schedule. I discovered this in March of 2017 when I went to get "Pre-Approved" for a vacation property I was interested in purchasing.

I contacted Seterus and requested by phone and in writing that the negative information be removed from my credit reports. Their written response was that they reported the dates that the funds were received and how they were applied and that these payment histories details the installments were satisfied outside of the month that the payments were due. Subsequent telephone calls requesting to speak to a supervisor were met with stall tactics. No one is ever available. They then claimed that the decision was not made by Seterus employees but by a consumer government affairs committee and that Seterus has no decision making power in this instance and that as far as they are concerned this is a closed matter.

Obfuscate, stall and lie must be the marching orders this company uses. Their people are either poorly trained and do not have a clue as to what they are talking about or they are well trained to lie and say whatever they have to in order to get at your money. We have no choice as to who our mortgage company transfers the servicing to but if your mortgage servicing gets transferred to Seterus, look out. I would suggest to you that if your state allows it, record your telephone conversations with Seterus and keep the recordings until your mortgage is paid off in full, keep copies of all your correspondence including cancelled checks, etc. They are not a reputable company and are not to be trusted. Count your fingers immediately after you shake their hand.

The disrespect we have received from Seterus Inc is horrible. They played with my account! I have a business account on file!! That only I'm authorized only to uses! They called me and my husband when we had a payment behind! I'm mean 8 time a day calling back to back until 9 pm!! They called my husband who is not authorized to make payments on my business account but bothered my husband so much that they authorized a payment when he did not have permission! I told them that we did not have fund but they went ahead and charged my business account! That made me fall in default!

I told them we did not have funds and they continued to charge my account when I had no money in it! Then they did this three time with unsuccessful attempts due to no funds in account! So then they cut me off from making payment over the phone! I asked for managers to call me back and they never did! They lied to us and took our Mortgage from 30 yrs and made it 40 years! That's flipping fraud!!! I need a lawyer in regards to this complaint! This is BS!!! How this company Seterus Inc can destroy people credit! Like they did ours! I'm outraged over what they did to us! And need a top manager to call me!!

I have tried for nearly 2 years (unsuccessfully) to reinstate online access, receiving 2016 Interest Income 1098, monthly statements for to my loan which was taken over by Seterus for servicing. I have called no less than 7 times with no resolution. I am trying to find and speak with the Corporate Executive Office but can't get past the customer service reps. The last Seterus rep I spoke with, "Wesley," hung up on me. Isn't it a federal law to send out 1098 statements by Jan. 31st?

It has been three years and 4 months since my home was completely destroyed by a fire. My home was built in 1920 had no central HVAC and a fire started in the chimney, everything was destroyed. My insurance company (Va Assoc) was great, but they only covered 114,00 for the rebuild and 11,000 for living expenses during the rebuild. We spend over 185,00 to date, 20K removing the old house, grading and installing a new septic. This would not be a huge deal if they would release the balance of the 114,000 they have held for 4 months. I decided to buy a modular, thought it would save time. I endorsed the check and sent it to the mortgage company Seterus and they handed me off to QBE First. What a nightmare.

I called asking about how the payment scheduled would go if I bought a modular, because the home builder would not let the house leave without being paid in full (79,000). Seterus/QBE First told me after the house was build and scheduled to be delivered for the 3rd time they would not release the funds. I have to borrow money from family (lucky for us that was an option). They caused the schedule to fall behind because of all the cancellations so when the rental funds were exhausted we moved into a travel trailer with my 73 year old father and 3 German Shepherds in January when it was 9 degrees outside. I won't even get into the long stories of lost paperwork or faxes that I had confirmations on but they did not receive it causing more delays of the schedule.

I also could not believe Seterus/QBE charged me for lender place homeowners insurance for over a year on a house that was not there. It took me 1.5 years and countless phone calls, letters and tons of hours of wasted time to have that money returned. Now the house is complete and they return my agents insurance bills and won't pay them out of my escrow because nobody there knows there is a house on the land. Not sure how they missed that since they were overseeing the rebuild. What a MESS.

The house has been complete since December 2016 and to date (03/2//17) they still owe us over 10,000 which they won't release until they come perform a 3rd final inspection which they have canceled on us twice and I have been asking for well over 60 days. Guess they can hold our money and do whatever they please with no regards to the homeowner. Each call takes 2/3 attempts along with a 30 to 50 minutes on hold several times and the last three days I have called they tell me different stories.

After the second final inspection I called them and they said the roof was missing along with the hot water heater and foyer. Yeah right, I am sure we would have passed the County inspection, obtain an occupancy permit and live there for 5 months without those items. DUH. They did have two or three small legitimate items, small area of paint, a few feet of base board, all that has been completed and cost less than 200 to compete. The General Contractor has been waiting on his retention for 4 months and wants to take them to court. Should they take into consideration the old house was built in the early 1900's, was small, had no central heat and an out of date septic system.

The new house is twice the size, the heating system is new and I only owe the mortgage company 30 percent of the new home's value. Guess not, do you think they will pay me interest on the money they owe me and will they come to court when the GC sues me and let the Judge know why they have not paid him? They will be receiving an invite, let's see if they show and how much longer they will delay a simple inspection and the release of final funds. Such a joy to work with a business like Seterus and QBE First especially after a tragedy of losing everything you own but the clothes on your back to a horrible fire.

My homeowners insurance company (Virginia Farm Bureau) was great! They were responsive, supportive and paid quickly. Seterus and QBE First could take some lessons. I wonder if they even have any quality control? I will keep this post updated and let everyone know the outcome. I am writing some Virginia State regulatory agency's today. They seemed very hopeful on the phone and it just might help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)?

I have been harassed by Seterus almost every day or every other day or perhaps 2x a day. I was wondering if anyone is suing Seterus for harassment. I cannot stand it. Their reps are rude and on the borderline of threatening. They actually told me if I was two months late, it would go on my credit report and could start proceedings to foreclose on my house. I recently found out that Fannie Mae now holds my account and Seterus is still the collector. Anyone suing Seterus for the above or can I sue for the above. I'm not a lawyer so I don't know.

I recently (1-18-17) paid off my house with Seterus. I have been making my payments to them since late in 2014. In December of 2015 after receiving escrow account disclosure statement with a balance of @ 1600.00. I called to have 1000.00 applied to house balance. The 1600 was way too much in the account at end of year. I was told that the escrow account and the making payments cannot ever be mixed together.They are two separate entities. At the time I thought fair enough. On October 13 I received out of the blue a final payoff statement for just under 2000.00. I had just sent in 2800.00 so I would not be able to make final payoff for a little while. At the end of Oct., I called and received another final payoff statement. I had some unexpected money coming in and the house was the first thing I was taking care of.

End of November comes around and still waiting on windfall when my end of year escrow statement comes in mail. When adding in account minimum there is 2500.00 in the escrow account. Once again I call and ask since the payoff on the house in just under 2000.00 and the escrow account has 2500.00 how about I pay off the house using the escrow account. Sounded reasonable to me no? Well once again I am told it was 'against company policy' for one account to have anything to do with the other. As of 12-1-17 using the verbiage on the statement... 'The projected beginning balance 1-1-17 in your escrow account is 1920.89. Your required balance is 551.86. This means you have a surplus of 1369.03" this is the exact wording. So come the 5th of Jan. I mail in payoff. I wait till end of Jan. so paperwork can be done before calling.

End of Jan. call and ask about escrow surplus and if I will receive anything saying house is paid off. No one knows anything about neither question because according to them I sent final payment to wrong address. So I wait till mid. February and call again. In the mean time I am receiving paperwork in mail and the paperwork states there is no escrow surplus. The one problem with that is there are only 3 payouts every year. June 1st, August 1st, and October 1st. So how does any stand alone account with @2000.00 go from that number to a big fat zero while payoff/out nothing... I will be the first to admit that my payment history this past year was NOT the best. But I did make the late payments. While being behind at times this past year, my house was paid off in January 2017...

The actual loan payoff was March 2018 so I did manage to have my 15 year loan paid off in 13 years 9 months. Am going to accountant on Wednesday if numbers to him are what I think. Already have appointment with lawyer Friday morning. There shouldn't be this type of outright STEALING trying to pay off your home... To top things off I received some sort of payoff letter today. Toward the bottom is a line that states "Satisfactory account" the X is in NO box on an account paid off well over a year before it had to be.

I've really just realized (or have just woken up) that I've been paying $900 a month since Jan 2005 for $114,000 loan and today (March 20th, 2017) I STILL AM AT $114 000!!! SOMEONE BETTER TAKE NOTE! This is a SCAM of a company or of some sort for I know by this amount of owing $114,000 for 12 years NONE of My payments have went to the principal amount!!!

My mortgage is serviced by Seterus. First off the website and my account on that website is almost unusable because every time you log in it asks you to change your password to move forward. About half the time it locks you out for trying to change your password and there is no way to deal with that without calling them and going through the 30 minutes of prompts to get to a real person. This happened recently when I tried to get my tax form online cause the envelope they sent me in January that said "important tax info inside" only had my bill. It's March and I'm still trying to get my tax info from them.

Because they are primarily a collection agency they treat me like a bill dodger, calling two and three times a day if my payment is even one day past due but always well within the 16 day grace period. Who does that??? They overcharge for payment by phone but make paying on their website such a pain in the ass (see above) that you're either paying extra by phone or spending time and countless phone calls. They get your account on their website to work so you can still pay a buck of a service that should be simple and free. You don't pay extra at the grocery store that have the teller take your money do you? Let's put it this way, they make me wish they had never bought the service account for my mortgage from Fannie Mae. That's bad. I don't need to refinance but I might do it just to get away from Seterus. My credit union won't sell my contract.

Seterus Inc., should be put out of business. Never informed me when applying for modification loan, that there would be a $9000 balloon payment at the end of 5 years. Said it was in the agreement I signed, but failed to mention when applying. This company should be investigated for non disclosure. How does a business like this operate, by stealing your money without you even knowing it. I would have never have signed the loan had I been informed of a balloon payment. Thanks Seterus for making my retirement a nightmare.

How Can Seterus Forget Their Properties Address? I called Seterus in several occasion that I did not receive my Form 9080. Seterus forwarded the document 3X to different address. CRAZY! Money hunger Seterus. Foreclosure the Coy will not forget.

To describe my experience would be the worst experience of my life. I thought divorce was the worst but hands down dealing with this mortgage company is the worst experience by far. I have been given the run-around for over a year and getting nowhere. I have applied for a loan modification 3 times based on my hardship, i.e. divorce and income for over 14 months to date and no positive feedback. I am not in foreclosure but had a complete stranger from the mortgage company come to my home asking if anyone lived here and taking pictures of my home. Luckily my parents were over visiting and told the man to leave.

Where is the privacy, I have lived in my home for 15 years raising my two daughters. I have involved a 3rd party Non-Profit Assistance Agency to assist in reviewing my hardship and experience and I am confident I will be able to stay in my home. I am a single divorced Mom working two jobs to be able to provide for my two daughters and raise them in a safe environment. Shame on you Seterus for treating me like a 3rd class citizen. I am Middle Class citizen and will not accept anything but a loan modification based on my hardship. Warm Regards, Middle Class is still alive and breathing!

Until now I had no problem with Seterus. Today I talked to the rudest 2 people I have ever talked to. They always ask me my financials. Why do they need that? Very shady. If you are late but still in your grace period they call and harass you and ask you about your financials. I talked to someone named Asia who put her rude supervisor on the phone and she grilled & grilled me & was asking me what I do with my money? How dare you ask me what I do with my money! I am sent a complaint to the BBB & now I am reaching out here. I would love to be included into a class action lawsuit against this corrupt company! Does anyone know of any?

Seterus has taken over my mortgage from Ocwen in 2015. It has been an absolute nightmare dealing with them. The customer service center is HORRIBLE!!! The representatives are poorly trained, do not know what they are talking about and take no initiatives to problem solve or help customers. Knowing that I would need help with my mortgage I tried to get ahead of the situation by reaching out to them early. I got the necessary paperwork together, sent it in and reached out to them numerous times via telephone. Each time I got a different representative with a different answer and different paperwork to fill out. I have now been dealing with them for 5 months because of paperwork. Nothing is being done for my mortgage and each time I call Seterus... I get a new knucklehead who has no clue what they are talking about. I give up! Trying to do the right time doesn't seem to work with this particular company. It's as though they want you to fail.

Our mortgage was sold to Setarus. We were renting the property after we moved. Had a rental agency. In July 2016 the renters stopped paying and caused damage your the home. We contacted a lawyer. They got out. We hired people to fix up the property to sell. There is a for sale sign and lock box. Only the lawyer, a family member and realtor have a key. It's fixed up and secured. We have been paying monthly. Our realtor informed us a company shut off all utilities. Inside and out. No idea how they got in.

When calling the mortgage company they said we had abandoned the property and they had to protect their investment. They gave us the runaround and blamed US for not living there. Really?? It was completely illegal for them to send a company in our home that is paid for every month, cared for by a rental property and has a for sale sign and lock box. How is that abandoned??? They give us no answers at all. They were very rude, and could give us no real answers. Kept saying "how do you know it's not abandoned?" BECAUSE WE PAY MONTHLY AND ARE SELLING IT!! We just put 15 grand into it, pay monthly, but they said it's abandoned. Our realtor was shocked at how they are doing things and recommend we sue them. We will be contacting a lawyer Monday. This is the worst company we have ever dealt with.

I know how the scam works. I figured it out. I called Fannie Mae and now they just keep me on the run adding charges through Seterus. Keep your records people. I need an attorney to contact me to get a lawsuit against this company going. Not behind but there are more than one players in this scam. Please please notify me ASAP. They are trying to take mine and other people's homes. Again I figured it out how they are doing it? I need help to bring them down. I can't do it alone but I have started the process?

My mortgage was sold to Seterus without my knowledge or consent. I have had nothing but horrible experiences with them since day one. First of all their staff are all rude and condescending. I usually pay my payments by or on the 16th and always by phone. Every time I get hammered with questions about my finances and threatened with pre foreclosure because I'm "late". They want to "go over my financials" and when I tell them that's not why I'm calling they say, "Are you refusing to discuss your financials?" I tell them my financials aren't going to change anything and clearly I pay the payments when I have the funds available.

I'm a single mother of 3 and do the best I can to always pay by or before the grace period. If I call past the grace period the harassment is 10 X's worse and that's when they threaten starting the pre foreclosure process. I've had to remind them over and over that once the payment I'm making goes through I'm not longer "late" but the questions and harassment about my financials keeps going until I insist she process my payment, get my confirmation number and end the call. The questions about my financials I'm assuming are to try and get me to apply for a modification which I'm not interested in doing. I have done them before and when I realized my PMI gets pushed out further and further with each mod, I won't be going that route again. Plus, the last modification pushed my mortgage to a 40 year and I didn't save much in the monthly payment. I shouldn't have agreed to it.

Recently on Feb 8th they called my job wanting to know where the February payment is and did I want to set it up. I asked why would they be calling me about February's payment on the 8th... 8 days before the grace period ends??!!! I told her to never call me at work again and to stop harassing me for a payment that isn't late. They have also tried forcing me to set up an auto draft of the next month's payment to which I have refused and once she told me I didn't have a choice. I refused, paid my payment and hung up. I dread calling in my payment every month because I know what's coming. I always feel bullied and harassed and I never ever felt that way with Citimortgage.

I don't usually write reviews but this time I'm going to take the time to write a bad review about Seterus mortgage company. It's been over a year since my account was sold to Seterus and so far my experience with them has been unpleasant. For example, I usually make my payments before the 16th of each month and with this company they constantly call on the 1st and question me about my financial situation. In my 14 years of talking to mortgage company, I never got questioned like the way Seterus aggressively questions my financial and income. This is really weird and I think they want people to fail in their payments for some reason. I feel suspicious with Seterus, something is up their sleeve. Does anyone know of an attorney that can look into cases like this?

Loan was sold to Seterus without any notice. Always get conflicting info from every person you talk to. Mirage went up $175. They are holding a homeowners insurance in a restricted escrow account (restricted carrying money for them). Was told to sign check, overnight it and they would send it back. Didn't happen. They are still holding the $6000 funds. They have the worst service I have seen in my life and no accountability from anyone. It's not my department is usually one of their answered.

As I was reading several reviews on here, I've noticed that we all have the same problems. If there is anyone that wants to start a legal action against these crooks. Please include me in. I am tired of every single friggin time I call, they go over the same information. But what they are fishing for is your private accounts and where and how you spend your own money. Please for the new and old customers that have been unwillingly placed with this fraud of a company... do not give out any personal information, which includes mainly your bank accounts, credit card bills, your income & anything else they can and will use against you. I have made multiple mortgage payments in the last 2 months and they are still saying I am behind. Good thing I have proof of all my payments and I do advise all to keep a log of conversations. So today as of 1/10/2017, I know I am caught up with payments and back on track. So Seterus be ready for a lawsuit.

This is the worst mortgage company ever. The customer service people are rude. One of the representative's services was so nasty to me I refused to talk to her. I am currently on my loan and they still call. I had to block their number. I am trying to refinance with my credit union just to get away from this horrible company.

I am a retired single person homeowner who is never delinquent. Every month I receive a letter saying I missed a payment. Recently I called them and asked to have these letters stopped as my payment is always made by the 15th of every month. I explained that my SS check comes every second Wednesday and therefore I could not pay on the first of the month. The representative then said that I wanted to stop all communication with Seterus and I replied that is not what I asked. I said if I was late I certainly would appreciate a reminder notice. She then put someone else on who I explained the same story to and she said I would have to write a letter to their office in Connecticut. It is very interesting that they record phone conversations for educational reasons and they cannot see any areas where improvement can be made. I look forward to the day when this mortgage will be paid off, just so I never have to deal with them again.

Our mortgage was with Chase and we did a loan modification. Our loan was sold to Seterus without our knowledge or consent. The ONLY way that they will allow us to pay them is through Western Union and every month we suspiciously owe a different amount. Then we have to go to Western Union's site to pay them. When we're lucky enough to receive an actual statement, it only shows credits and debits. We haven't ever gotten a detailed statement telling us WHERE our money is going.

After being under their thumbs for two years now (with our credit and the low interest we're locked into, we're stuck with them for now), they came to us YESTERDAY and said that Chase made an error with our escrow account, so they're raising our payments $77 a month and she wanted the money immediately. My husband put the call on speakerphone and I told her that we were "No longer going to be subject to their extortion and that we would contact the State Comptroller and Attorney General's Office".

They've gone out of their way to be curt, short, obnoxious, and rude. When we were recently behind a payment for a short time, but it was just a cash flow issue due to a wreck that could've killed my husband because it was so serious... They called harassing my sick and confused husband. Then, one of their employees tells him that "We might as well give up the keys for a short sale because we'd be better off walking away from it when they're just going to foreclose on it anyway." I'm convinced that the only reason that this company purchased low interest modifications, is so that they could make their money charging fees and betting that the properties would be foreclosed on since they were recently in distress. Please contact the Attorney General in your state. These crooks need to be stopped.

Seterus is actually an agent of USA Government. They are the puppets that our Government have employed to steal money & homes. If you are upside down they have no interest in your loan but to collect all they can. If you have large equity they are relentless in their scams and harassment. They mail letters to your homeowners insurer claiming the home is vacant when at the same time charging monthly occupancy checks. They know you will be canceled if your home is unoccupied, then they can place QBE insurance on it. They charge huge rates & kick back part of those funds to Seterus! My payments are paid by the US Trustee every month to not Seterus but Federal National Mortgage, the US Government. Seterus services the loan but Freddie Mac doesn't let them touch their money. Does that tell you something?

The worst thing about this bunch of criminals is that when you go to sell a home they serviced you will be paying for the air they created. Their accounting is at best questionable, at worst criminal. Class action may net a small percent of what they have taken from homeowners but they will skate with the Lions share of our hard earned money. Just remember who unleashed these predators, and crooks on you. It wasn't BOA, Chase, CITI, it was your government - Federal National Mortgage. Our battle is with our representatives in government for unleashing Seterus and covering their activity up to operate the Federal National Mortgage in a similar manner as the questionable IRS.

My loan from B of A was sold to Seterus. I was never late on my payments and I continue to make my payments within the grace period. My payment becomes due on 1st but is not late until after the 16th. I am called on the 2nd every month and harassed for an overdue payment consistently. Really??!!

Conflicting information -- from amount owed monthly, where to send payments (Chicago, Los Angeles), amount required for escrow, where to send, and amount of taxes owed. A truly frustrating, aggravating, and blood pressure raising experience. They identify themselves as a debt collector but I have no clue why Bank of America sold my mortgage to Seterus. Extremely confused and unprofessional phone staff.

My loan was sold by BofA to Seterus, much to my dismay. Everything had been running smoothly for 15 years. The transition was very messy. The last payment with BofA was not recorded properly by Seterus, automatic payments did not kick in properly after set-up, late payments penalties were charged, an escrow account was opened to collect taxes I had already paid, an insurance policy was opened when I already had insurance, many phone calls made, holding times of 25 minutes before being disconnected, total frustration with this company.

Trying to work with Seterus has been one of the worst experiences I have encountered. Their CUSTOMER SERVICES is horrible. First off I am not delinquent on my mortgage. I pay outside of the grace period due to excessive financial obligations. I contact Seterus Inc. several times to see what we can do because they informed me that my interest rate is going up which would make it more difficult to stay current and pay all my bills. I have kept in constant contact with them, they do not call back as promised, the customer service reps speak to you in a condescending manner, they are very rude and cut you off when speaking.

Today, I spoke to a poor excuse for a supervisor. She had the nerve to ask me "how are you experiencing a hardship, if you still pay the mortgage monthly?" It seem as if they want you to be so far delinquent before they will offer any assistance. Every time, I call they tell me to do something, I do it and then something change and they do not have the common courtesy to let me know that additional information is needed before labeling the case as closed for inadequate supporting document. Something definitely need to be done about these companies that they customers hard earned money every month but treat them as nothings whenever they need some assistance.

This company is unbelievable. They messed up on resting my increase of payment due to my escrow account. They sent 1 letter with a new payment amount and then 1 month later sent another letter with a different amount. The 2nd letter I did not receive until after the payment for that month was due. They have been charging me late fees for a year that I refuse to pay. I have filed a claim with my Senator's office and Attorney General. Everyone who has been in situations with payment and late fees with this company need to do that. This company is ridiculous. You cannot talk to anyone that actually understands what you are talking about and are told too many times you have to write a letter. They hide behind the letter writing and never do anything to see what is right by the customer. I have never been late on my mortgage but I refuse to pay them late fees for an error they made.

After a divorce, I struggled financially. Seterus added more and more charges to my loan, for "inspections", late fees, and partial payments. When I finally stabilized with a new job and solid income, I tried to work with Seterus to catch up (about $3,000). I made regular payments, however, Seterus "accounting" takes current payments to pay fees and late charges, resulting in a record of partial payments, which were held in a separate account. That led to increasing number of late fees, etc. I was told that if I did not agree to a "work-out" plan my loan would be foreclosed. However I "might be able (if the service agent could "convince" the manager) to avoid foreclosure if I accepted a repayment plan (that I was not sure I could do).

I tried to contact Seterus for a month begin my repayment, but phoned several times to hear "our office is temporarily closed. Please call back later." I made my regular payment to Seterus, but now see it has been returned to my account. I'm guessing now I will be billed for more late fees and other charges. This company is deceptive, and is not supportive of its customers. I also was a transferred loan (8 years ago) done by Chase Bank with no notice.

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services) Company Profile

Seterus (formerly IBM Lender Business Process Services)